致命魔术 The Prestige

上映日期: 2,006

语言: 英语

影片类型: 剧情 / 悬疑 / 惊悚

导演: 克里斯托弗·诺兰

演员: 休·杰克曼 / 克里斯蒂安·贝尔 / 迈克尔·凯恩 / 丽贝卡·豪尔 / 斯嘉丽·约翰逊 / 大卫·鲍伊 / 安迪·瑟金斯 / 派珀·佩拉博 / 萨曼塔·马霍林 / 丹尼尔·戴维斯 / 吉姆·皮多克


台词
--==本影片由 CMCT 团队 荣誉出品==--更多精彩影视 请访问 http://cmct.cc
影片压制: 犇犇 字幕制作: 犇犇招募Q号: 76846146
片名:致命魔术
Are you watching closely?
你在仔细看吗?
Every magic trick consists of three parts or acts.
每一场魔术表演都有三个步骤
The first part is called the Pledge.
第一个步骤是 "以虚代实"
The magician shows you something ordinary...
魔术师秀出一个真实的东西
a deck of cards, a bird, or a man.
一副牌 一只鸟或一个人
He shows you this object...
让你看这样东西
perhaps he asks you to inspect it...
叫你检视它
to see that it is, indeed, real.
看它的确是真的
Yeah, unaltered, normal.
平常的不得了
But of course, it probably isn't.
但是 其中一定有假
- Where do you think you're going? - I'm part of the bloody act, you fool.
- 你想去哪里?- 我是表演的一部分 猪头
The second act is called the Turn.
第二个步骤是 "偷天换日"
The magician takes the ordinary something...
魔术师利用这个普通的东西
and makes it do something extraordinary.
做出令人叹为观止的表演
Now, you're looking for the secret, but you won't find it...
现在你很想找出秘诀 但是绝对找不到
because, of course, you're not really looking.
因为你根本没有真正在看
You don't really wanna know.
你并不是真的想知道
You want to be fooled.
你想要被骗
But you wouldn't clap yet...
但是你还不会鼓掌
because making something disappear isn't enough.
因为把东西变不见还不够
You have to bring it back.
你必须把它变回来
That's why every magic trick has a third act.
所以魔术都有第三个步骤
The hardest part.
最难的部分
The part we call the Prestige.
我们称之为 "化腐朽为神奇"
The Prestige. And did Robert Angier, the Great Danton, your employer...
罗伯特·安杰 你的雇主丹顿大师
get to that final part of his trick that night?
那晚有完成表演吗?
- No, sir. Something went wrong. - What went wrong?
- 没有 出了状况 - 出了什么状况?
I saw someone making their way below stage.
我看到有个人跑到舞台下方
I followed him.
我跟踪他
It was Borden, watching Mr. Angier drown.
那是波登 眼睁睁看着安先生溺死
Would you please describe your occupation to the jury, Mr. Cutter?
柯特先生 请向陪审团说明你的职业
I'm an engineer.
我是机关师
I design illusions and construct the apparatus necessary for performing them.
设计魔术表演 打造需要的道具和机关
So, Mr. Cutter...
柯先生
was this water-filled tank beneath the stage...
舞台下方的水箱
part of Mr. Angier's illusion?
也是这个魔术的道具吗?
No, no. It was...
不 那是…
The tank was brought on for the first trick and then taken off-stage.
水箱是第一个表演用的 然后就被搬下台
Borden must have placed it under the trap door after the interval.
一定是波登把它移到机关门底下了
How large was this tank?
水箱有多大?
Oh, it's a normal tank for escape underwater,
表演水底脱逃的一般大小
about 4 or 500 gallons.
大约四五百加仑吧
How do you think Mr. Borden...
波登怎么能一个人移动水箱
was able to move the tank under the trap door without anyone noticing?
而没有让任何人发现?
He's a magician. Ask him.
他是魔术师 你去问他
I ask again that this man explain the mechanics of Mr. Angier's illusion.
我要求你为我解释安先生的魔术机关
The Real Transported Man...
真正的遁移术
is one of the most sought-after illusions in this business.
是这一行最抢手的魔术
I have the right to sell it on.
出售秘诀的权利在我手中
If I reveal the method here, then the trick is worthless.
如果被揭穿 就不值钱了
How can we know that the tank wasn't some part of the trick that went wrong?
我们怎么知道水箱不只是单纯出错?
Mr. Cutter, I see your predicament...
柯特先生 我了解你的处境
but Alfred Borden's life hangs in the balance.
但是这攸关波登的生死
If you were prepared to disclose the details to me in private...
如果你私底下向我透露细节
I might be able to judge their relevance to the case.
我就能对此案做出中肯的判决
Might this be an acceptable compromise?
你能接受这种妥协吗?
I'm gonna have to ask you to turn out your pockets.
麻烦你掏出口袋里的东西
Not my idea, sir.
我不是故意找你碴
The warden saw his show in Manchester last year where he vanished into thin air.
典狱长看过他凭空消失的表演
He's convinced he'll try and escape.
他觉得他会企图逃狱
I told him the only way that Borden's gonna disappear...
我说他能逃走的唯一机会
is if I leave him out there with the other inmates.
就是和其它囚犯混在一起
Check the locks.
检查手铐的锁
Twice.
检查两次
My name is Owens.
我叫欧文
I'm a solicitor.
我是一名律师
I represent Lord Caldlow,
代表卡德洛爵士
an accomplished amateur magician and historian...
一位业余魔术师兼历史学家
How much?
多少钱?
- Lord Caldlow is interested... - How much for my tricks?
- 卡爵士有兴趣… - 他出多少钱买我的魔术?
Five thousand pounds.
五千英镑
Talk with Fallon, my engineer. Money's for him.
跟我的机关师法隆说钱归他
Yes, I did. He offered to sell me your tricks.
我说了 他答应出售你的秘诀
All except the most valuable one: The Transported Man.
除了最值钱的遁移术外
Well, I wouldn't forgive myself for selling my greatest trick.
我绝不会出售我最伟大的魔术
Even for your daughter?
即使是为了你女儿?
If the newspapers are right and you are for the drop...
如果报纸没料错 你会被判死刑
- your daughter will need looking after. - Fallon will take care of her.
- 你女儿就需要别人照顾 - 法隆会照顾她
Bernard Fallon? A man with a past almost as obscure as your own.
伯纳德·法隆?他这个人跟你一样神秘
Courts motioned that the girl be removed from his care.
法院一定会剥夺他的监护权
No, the girl will be an orphan.
你女儿就会变成孤儿
I know you're no stranger to the workhouse. It's better than here?
你应该对童工工厂很熟吧 会比监狱好吗?
I'm offering you a way to wrap up your affairs with dignity.
我给你一个机会维护尊严
And I'm offering your daughter a future.
也给你女儿一个未来
As Lord Caldlow's ward, she will want for nothing. Ever.
她被卡爵士领养 保证要什么就有什么
Well, think it over.
好好考虑吧
And Lord Caldlow would like you to have this as a show of good faith.
爵士给你这本日记以表诚意
He said it might be of interest. This is Robert Angier's diary.
也许你会有兴趣 这是罗伯特·安杰的日记
lncluding the time he spent in Colorado learning your trick.
包括他在科罗拉多学会你的魔术
- He never learned my trick. - Really?
- 他没学会我的魔术 - 真的吗?
On his return from Colorado, he mounted a version of The Transported Man...
他回来以后表演全新的遁移术
that the papers said was better even than your original.
报纸说比你的原版更棒
If you want Angier's secrets, you go dig him up and ask him yourself.
你想知道安杰的秘密 得把他从坟墓挖出来问
I want your secret, Mr. Borden.
我想要你的秘密 波登
Consider your daughter.
为你的女儿着想吧
A cipher. An enigma.
字谜 一个大谜团
A search. A search for answers.
寻找 我要寻找答案
Even if Colorado is the end of my journey...
就算科罗拉多是我的终点站
it'll take much longer to unravel the rest of Borden's secrets.
要解开波登的谜要花更久的时间
See, the cipher in his notebook is unlocked by a single word...
他笔记的密码只有一个字
but it will still take months to translate his writing
但也得要花好几个月翻译
and to know his mind.
才能了解他的想法
Well, my passion is equal to the task.
我的执着经得起这场考验
科罗拉多 泉镇
Mr. Angier? Welcome to Colorado Springs.
安先生?欢迎光临泉镇
- The whole town has electricity. - Yes, sir.
- 整座小镇都有供电吗?- 是的
Well, quite a reception.
好隆重的欢迎
You're our first guest of the season, Mr. Angier.
您是本季第一位客人 安先生
Your telegram didn't indicate how long you'll be staying with us.
您的电报没提到您会待多久
For as long as it takes.
能待多久就待多久
I'll need a coach tomorrow to take me up the mountain.
我明天需要马车载我上山
Well, the peak is closed, sir, for scientific experimentation.
山顶关闭了 为了科学实验
Yes, I know. That's why I'm here.
我知道 这就是我来的目的
You'll have to walk the rest, I'm afraid, sir.
先生 接下来您得自己走路了
电击危险
I'm amazed how many of you newspaper writers can't read my sign.
令人惊讶 你们记者都看不懂我的标志吗?
Not the welcome I was expecting.
看来我并不受欢迎
I know you.
我认得你
You're the Great Danton. I saw your show in London seven times.
你是魔术大师丹顿 我在伦敦看了你七场表演
You guessed every object the audience had in their pockets.
你猜中观众口袋里的每样东西
I'm Alley.
我是艾利
Sorry about the fence. People interfere with our work.
围栏的事真抱歉 太多人来干扰
- I've come to see Tesla. - Why?
- 我来见泰斯拉 - 为什么?
He made a machine for a colleague of mine sometime ago.
他为我的同行打造了一架机器
- Can you get me a meeting with him? - lmpossible, I'm afraid.
- 你能安排我们见面吗?- 恐怕不太可能
I brought a lot of money.
我带了很多钱来
I'm sorry, Mr. Angier.
很抱歉 安先生
I simply can't help you.
我帮不上忙
I'll be staying at the hotel. Indefinitely.
我会一直待在旅馆
Hey, what am I holding?
我现在握着什么?
Your watch.
你的怀表
Borden's journal entry for April 3rd, 1897,
波登的日记 1897年4月3日
describes a show at the Orpheum Theater.
记录了奥芬大剧院的演出
That was just days after he first met me.
那时我们才刚认识
We were two young men at the start of a great career.
当时我们都是刚出道的魔术师
Two young men devoted to an illusion.
我们完全献身于魔术
Two young men who never intended to hurt anyone.
从没有想要伤害任何人
Which of you brave souls is willing to bind this lovely young woman?
谁有胆量上台绑住这位美女?
If you would tie her wrists.
绑住她的手腕
Bind her feet around the ankle.
绑住她的腿 脚踝也要绑紧
Are either of you two gentlemen sailors?
你们是水手吗?
- No. - No.
- 不是 - 不是
I'm sure you can both tie a strong knot.
我想你们打的结应该都很紧
He's complacent, he's predictable, he's boring.
他太自满 毫无创意 又无趣
I mean, Milton has gotten success, whatever that means...
米尔顿很成功
and now he's scared. He won't take any risks at all.
但现在他很没种 不敢再冒任何风险
I mean, he's squandering the goodwill of the audience...
他耍二流把戏
- with tired, second-rate tricks. - They're old favorites.
- 糟蹋观众的热情 - 大家爱看这些把戏
Favorites? Give me something fresh.
拜托 让我试些新魔术吧
He won't even try a bullet catch.
他甚至不敢尝试 "接子弹"
A bullet catch is suicide.
"接子弹" 是自杀
All it takes is some smart-ass volunteer to put a button in the barrel.
要是志愿者放钮扣进去就死定了
- Fine. Use a plant. - You can't for every trick.
- 那就用暗桩 - 不能每个魔术都用暗桩
- There'd be no seats left for the punters. - No bullet catch.
- 不然客人就没位置坐了 - 好吧 不表演 "接子弹"
Whatever. The point is that a real magician tries to invent something new...
重点是好魔术师会不断创新戏法
that other magicians are gonna scratch their heads over.
让其他魔术师想破脑袋
And then you sell it to him for a small fortune.
然后你就能靠它小赚一笔
I suppose you have such a trick.
我猜你有惊人绝技啰?
- Actually, I do. - Would you care to sell it to me?
- 没错 - 你能卖给我吗?
No. No one else could do my trick.
不行 只有我做得到
- Any trick can be duplicated, right? - Wrong.
- 每个魔术都能被模仿 对吧?- 错了
If Mr. Borden has invented his masterpiece...
如果波登发明了他的杰作
it might be only he's prepared to do it.
大概只有他有办法演出
Milton is a great showman, but Borden is right.
米尔顿很会作秀 但波登说得对
He won't get his hands dirty.
米尔顿不肯冒险
If you wanna see what it takes to make real magic, go to the Tenley.
想看真正的魔术就去天利剧院
There's a Chinaman there, and he really has what it takes.
有位中国魔术师很厉害
- Chung Ling Soo. - Pricey. I can't afford that.
- 他叫钟林苏 - 门票太贵 我看不起
I know the bloke on the door.
我认识看门的家伙
You two go and see that show...
你们俩去看吧
and whichever one of you can tell me...
谁看出他的金鱼缸戏法窍门
how he does the goldfish-bowl trick gets the prize.
就有奖赏
- Which is? - Ten minutes on-stage with my old friend Mr. Ackerman.
- 什么奖赏?- 在我的老朋友艾克曼面前试演一段魔术
- Really? - Who's Ackerman?
- 真的假的?- 艾克曼是谁?
The top theatrical agent in London.
伦敦的顶尖经纪人
I saw you drop the knot again.
我看到你绳结没打好
- I think I turned my wrist. - Some nights, you just don't get it, do you?
- 我的手腕动了一下 - 你一直没搞懂 是吧?
I mean, if that knot slips and Julia's on the hoist, she'll break a leg.
要是绳结松掉 茱莉亚就会摔断腿
It's the wrong knot. Like I said, the Langford double will hold tighter.
你教的绳结有问题 我说过 蓝氏结比较牢固
The Langford double isn't a wet knot. It's too dangerous.
蓝氏结不能碰到水 太危险了
If the rope swells up, she won't slip it.
要是绳子膨胀 她就无法松绑
- I can slip a Langford underwater. - She can slip it. We'll practice.
- 我可以在水底松脱蓝氏结 - 她做得到 可以练习
Hey, Borden, he said no.
波登 他说不行
Yeah, well, you know knots better than me, do you?
你对绳结懂得比我多吗?
Listen, no more mistakes.
听好 不准再出错
All right. Yeah, do you? You wanna take over?
是吗?你想取代我?
- Just leave it. - I didn't think so.
- 你走吧 - 想都别想
- Hey, Cutter, where's he from? - Where are you from?
- 柯特 他打哪儿来的?- 你打哪儿来的?
He shifts props for virgil at the hall.
他以前帮魔术师佛吉搬道具
Aren't you worried he'll steal your tricks?
你不担心他偷学你的魔术?
- He doesn't deal in methods. - How do you know?
- 他只想创造全新魔术 - 你怎么知道?
Because I hired him to find out how virgil does the orange trick.
我雇他去偷学佛吉的柳橙戏法
- Well, I don't trust him. - He's a natural magician.
- 我不信任他 - 他是天生魔术师
Of course you can't trust him.
当然不能信任
I think he's all right.
我觉得波登没问题
- You think everyone's all right. - Even you.
- 你觉得大家都没问题 - 连你也一样
Watch your sightlines.
安杰 注意一点
If I can see you kissing your wife's leg every night...
就连我都看得到你亲老婆的腿
so can the blokes at the ends of row three and four.
前排的观众一定也看得到
- You're wrong. It can't be. - No, it is.
- 你错了 不可能 - 错不了
- Look at the man. - This is the trick.
- 你看看他 - 这就是他的秘诀
This is a performance right here. This is why no one can detect his method.
这是他的表演 难怪没人看穿他的秘密
Total devotion to his art.
他对魔术完全奉献
Utter self-sacrifice, you know?
彻底自我牺牲 你懂吗?
It's the only way to escape all this, you know.
这是扬名立万的唯一方法
All right.
好吧
I can barely lift this thing and it's not even filled with water.
这很难夹起来 而且还没有装水
Or fish. Look.
也没有金鱼 你看
I don't know. Hang on a second.
我不确定行不行 等一下
He must be strong as an ox.
他一定壮得跟牛一样
He's been pretending to be a cripple for years.
这么多年来他一直假装跛脚?
Any time he's in public. Any time he goes out. It's unthinkable.
每次他出门面对大众都得装
Borden saw it at once, but I couldn't fathom it.
有一次波登看到他露出马脚 我没办法这样
Living my whole life pretending to be someone else.
很难想象花一辈子去假装别人
- You're pretending to be someone else. - I don't think changing a name compares.
- 你是在假装啊 - 换个名字并不算吧
Not just your name. Who you are and where you're from.
你也换了身分和来历
I promised my family I wouldn't embarrass them with my theatrical endeavors.
因为我答应不能败坏家人名声
I thought of a name for you.
我帮你想到一个艺名
The Great Danton.
魔术大师丹顿
Do you like it?
你喜欢吗?
- But it's sophisticated. - It's French.
- 这名字很炫 - 那是法国人名
Borden writes as if no one but he understood the true nature of magic.
波登觉得只有他了解魔术的本质
But what does he know of self-sacrifice?
但是他不了解自我牺牲
You bloody fool.
你这个笨蛋
- He killed it. - What?
- 他杀了小鸟 - 怎么了?
What's wrong?
怎么了?
- He killed it. - I'm sure he didn't.
- 小鸟死了 - 没有啦
See? Look, now he'll bring it back.
瞧 他会把他变回来
No, he killed it.
不 他杀了小鸟
No.
Look. See? He's all right. He's fine.
看到没?他没事 他很好
- Look at him. - But where's his brother?
- 看到没?- 那他的兄弟呢?
He's a sharp lad, your son.
你儿子真是聪明
Oh, he's my nephew.
他是我外甥
You're the lucky one today.
算你今天走运
Are you watching closely?
你在仔细看吗?
Look closer.
看清楚了
Never show anyone.
绝对不要揭穿谜底
They'll beg you and they'll flatter you for the secret, but as soon as you give it up...
他们会求你 奉承你 一旦你说出来
you'll be nothing to them.
你就没有利用价值了
You understand? Nothing.
懂吗?一文不值
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
魔术的秘密没啥了不起 变魔术的技巧才重要
- Well, thank you for lunch, Mr. Borden. - You're welcome.
- 谢谢你请客 波登先生 - 不客气
- Alfred. It's Alfred. - Alfred.
- 艾佛 叫我艾佛 - 艾佛
So I could use a cup of tea.
我很想进去喝杯茶
I'd scandalize the landlord. I think not.
我怕房东说闲话 最好不要
You think that's...? Is that enough to keep me out?
你以为这样我就进不去?
I think so.
我想是吧
So I'll see you again?
我们会再见面吧?
Milk and sugar?
牛奶加糖?
- What's in there? - Angier's machine.
- 那是什么东西?- 安杰的机关
You built this, Mr. Cutter?
这是你打造的吗?
Oh, no, sir. This wasn't built by a magician.
不 这不是魔术师打造的
This was built by a wizard.
这是天才的杰作
A man who can actually do what magicians pretend to do.
他能让魔术师的戏法成真
Tell me, Your Honor, what happens with these things after the trial?
法官大人 这些道具会怎么处理?
They've been sold to a Lord Caldlow.
卖给卡德洛爵士
An avid collector, apparently very interested in the case.
他对这案子很有兴趣
Yeah, well, don't let him take this.
千万别让他拿走这样东西
- Why ever not? - It's too dangerous.
- 为什么?- 太危险了
I'm sure beneath its bells and whistles it's got a simple and disappointing trick.
它只是造型很炫 但功能很简单
Most disappointing of all, sir...
的确是简单得令人失望
it has no trick.
因为这不是魔术
It's real.
这是真的
- This is the tank Angier drowned in? - Yes.
- 这就是淹死安杰的水箱?- 是的
This is the place where the performer's hand reaches through to the trick padlock.
这就是机关 魔术师的手穿过这里打开假锁
A standard magical apparatus for escapes.
标准的魔术脱逃机关?
Yeah, with one important difference:
对 但是有一个地方不同
This isn't a trick lock.
这不是假锁
It's been switched for a real one.
它被换成真锁
What a way to kill someone.
真是杀人的好方法
They're magicians, Your Honor. Showmen.
他们是魔术师 法官大人 表演者…
Men who live by dressing up plain and sometimes-brutal truths...
他们利用普通事物掩盖残酷真相
to amaze, to shock.
让人感到惊奇 震撼
Even without an audience?
就算没有观众?
There was an audience.
有一个观众
You see, this water tank...
这座水箱
was of particular significance to these two men.
对他们有特别的意义
Particularly awful significance.
很可怕的意义
Which of you brave souls is willing to bind this lovely young woman?
谁有胆量上台绑住这位美女?
If you would tie her wrists.
绑住她的手腕
Bind her feet around the ankle.
还有她的腿和脚踝
Are either of you two gentlemen sailors?
你们是水手吗?
No.
不是
I'm sure you can both tie a strong knot.
我想你们应该都会打得很紧
Robert!
罗伯特
No! No! No!
不 不 不
Julia. Julia.
茱莉亚…茱莉亚…
I knew an old sailor once.
我认识一名老水手
He told me he went overboard, tangled in the sails.
他说他曾经落水 被船帆缠住
They pulled him out, but it took him five minutes to cough.
他们整整花了五分钟救活他
He said it was like going home.
他说感觉好像回到家
What do you want, Borden?
波登 你想干什么?
I'm sorry for your loss, Angier.
请你节哀顺变 安杰
Which knot did you tie?
你到底绑了什么结?
I keep asking myself that.
我一直问我自己这件事
- And? - And... I'm sorry, I just don't know.
- 结果呢?- 抱歉 我真的不知道
You don't know?
你不知道?
I'm sorry.
对不起
You don't know?
你不知道?
You don't know?
你不知道?
Alfred?
艾佛?
Good news. We got our first booking today.
好消息 我们今天有表演了
- I don't think we've had the pleasure. - Mr. Fallon is my ingenieur.
- 我们没见过面吧 - 法隆是我的机关师
- Where did you get all of...? - Begged, borrowed, and don't ask.
- 你从哪里拿到这些…?- 求来的 借来的 别问了
He's a very enterprising soul, is Mr. Fallon.
这位法隆先生很有办法
We can't afford to pay him.
我们没钱支付他
Money will come when we get the audience.
有观众就会有钱
But what about until then? I mean, what I earn, it's barely enough for us.
那现在呢?我赚的钱只够养活我们俩
Don't worry about it. I'll share half my food with him or something.
别担心 我的食物分他一半
You're already going to be doing that with someone else.
你得先分给另一个人
- No. You're...? - Having a baby.
- 不会吧?你…?- 我要生宝宝了
Oh, my God. We should have told Fallon.
天啊 我们应该告诉法隆
That is great. We're having a baby.
棒呆了 我们有孩子了
Oh, come here.
过来
Alfred, what's this?
艾佛 这是什么?
Oh, this is just the trick to wake Ackerman up at the end of my act.
这是用来吸引经纪人的戏法
Is it the masterpiece? The great trick?
这就是你所谓的伟大魔术?
No, no, no. The world is not ready for that one yet.
不是 市场还不够成熟
This is just your run-of-the-mill, daring, spectacular bullet catch.
这只是一般的 "接子弹" 把戏
- A bullet catch? - Yeah, but it's safe, I promise. Look.
- 接子弹 - 对 很安全 我保证 你看
- Shoot me. - Shoot you?
- 向我开枪 - 向你开枪?
Go on, shoot me.
来吧 开枪
- Right there. - No, I can't.
- 射这里 - 我办不到
No, no, not there. Shoot me here. Don't...
不是射那里 射我胸口
- How's that? - That's very good.
- 怎么样?- 太神了
- Go on, tell me how you do it. - No, I can't do that.
- 你是怎么做到的?- 我不能告诉你
- Well, then you can't do it. Alfred... - I can't do it?
- 那你就不准表演 - 不准表演?
I'm sorry, Alfred, but I can't raise a child on my own.
对不起 我不能一个人养孩子
- You don't tell anybody that I told you. - Okay.
- 那你不能告诉任何人 - 好
Gunpowder...
火药
wadding...
填弹塞
and a bullet.
子弹
A ramrod.
推弹杆
Hold out your hand.
伸出你的手
The bullet is not even in the gun when the charge is fired.
点燃火药时枪管并没有子弹
Once you know, it's actually very obvious.
知道了就没什么了不起
Well, I mean, you still get...
不过还是会…
It's dangerous. I mean, people still get killed doing that.
还是很危险 会出人命的
- Well, how? - Well, you know.
- 怎么会?- 你知道的
Somebody could get a smart-ass. He can put a penny or a button...
有些笨蛋搞不好把铜板放进去
or may God forbid, Sarah, somebody could put a bullet there.
甚至把子弹放进去
Don't worry. Don't worry...
别担心 别担心
because I'm not gonna let anything happen.
我不会让任何意外发生
Everything's gonna be all right...
一切都不会有事
because I love you very much.
因为我非常爱你
- Say it again. - I love you.
- 再说一次 - 我爱你
- Not today. - What?
- 今天你不爱我 - 什么?
Well, on some days it's not true, and today you don't mean it.
有时你不真诚 今天你不是真心的
Maybe today you're more in love with magic than me.
也许今天你比较爱魔术
I like being able to tell the difference.
我能分辨个中的差别
It makes the days it is true mean something.
如果真心说爱我 今天就更有意义
All right.
好吧
Metal rings, ladies and gentlemen.
各位 这是钢圈
If there are any ladies or gentlemen here.
现场有绅士淑女吗?
- Solid metal. - Seen that already.
- 这是实心的 - 这表演我看过了
Get out your gun, mate.
把枪拿出来吧 小子
- Who threw that? - I did!
- 是谁丢的?- 是我
Get out your gun. You're gonna need it.
把枪拿出来 魔术师 你会需要的
Get a gun.
拿出枪吧
It's what you came for, is it?
你们是想看这个 对吧?
So who wants to volunteer?
那么谁要当志愿者?
Me! Me!
我 我
Me.
Are you man enough, sir?
先生 你够种吗?
Yes.
是的
Which knot did you tie, Borden?
你到底绑了什么结?
Which knot did you tie, Borden?
你到底绑了什么结?
I don't know.
我不知道
He came in to demand an answer, and I told him the truth.
他要我回答 我说了实话
That I have fought with myself over that night.
我为了那件事天人交战
One half of me swearing blind that I tied a simple slipknot...
一半的我发誓绑了简单的绳结
the other half convinced that I tied the Langford double.
另一半的我记得绑了蓝氏结
I can never know for sure.
我永远都无法确定
How can he not know?
他怎么会不知道?
How can he not know?
他怎么会不知道?
He must know what he did. He must.
他一定知道自己做了什么 一定的
Sarah, that bloody hurts.
莎拉 很痛耶
I don't understand how it can be bleeding again.
我不懂 怎么又流血了?
It's as bad as the day it happened.
根本就没有治好
- We have to get a doctor back. - We can't afford the bloody doctor back.
- 我去请大夫来 - 我们请不起大夫
- You've woken her. - Great.
- 你吵醒她了 - 太好了
I'm sorry. I need this to heal so I can go back to work.
伤口愈合了 我才能回去表演
Alfred, face things. What tricks can you perform with this kind of injury?
面对现实吧 伤成这样不能表演
I can do card pulls. I can do some prop tricks.
我能耍扑克牌 用道具表演
I can still do that. And I can do the trick that I've been telling you about.
我还是能表演我说的那个绝招
The one that they're gonna remember me for.
千古留名的伟大表演
Come on.
相信我
Never thought I'd find an answer at the bottom of a glass.
没想到答案就在酒杯底下
Hasn't stopped you looking.
你随时都在找答案
Heard about a booking.
听说有一场表演
Nice little theater. Young up-and-coming magician.
不错的小戏院 要魔术界的年轻新秀
- Who? - You.
- 要找谁?- 你
You got me a booking? Why?
你替我找表演机会?为什么?
I wanna keep on working.
我想继续工作
that killed Julia McCullough... And who's gonna hire the ingenieur
谁会雇用害死女助手的机关师?
in front of a sellout crowd at the Orpheum?
还是在满座的奥芬大剧院
Someone who knows it wasn't your fault.
那并不是你的错
Someone who knows Alfred Borden and his repertoire of exotic knots.
波登绑错结 害死茱莉亚
I hear he had a spot of bad luck catching a bullet south of the river.
我听说他表演接子弹出了差错
That's a dangerous trick, that one.
那一招本来就很危险
We'll have to whitewash the windows...
我们得把窗户刷白
confound the more curious members of the public, but it will do.
不要让好奇的行人看进来
- We should see about an assistant. - I've made some arrangements.
- 我们先得找一名助手 - 我已经找到了
Have you settled on a name?
你想好艺名了吗?
Yes, I have. The Great Danton.
想好了 魔术大师丹顿
It's a bit old-fashioned, isn't it?
似乎有点老派?
No, it's sophisticated.
不 这对我意义非凡
The birdcage can't be our climax. Everybody knows it.
大家都看过这招鸟笼魔术
- Not like this they don't. - I don't wanna kill doves.
- 他们没看过这一招 - 我不想杀鸽子
Then stay off the stage. You're a magician, not a wizard.
那就别干这行 魔术师不是巫师
You gotta get your hands dirty if you're gonna achieve the impossible.
你想成功 就得杀生
In here, Miss Wenscombe.
这边请 温小姐
No point in you meeting Mr. Angier if you don't fit.
要是塞不进去 你就白来了
On the right.
站右边
What's so hard about this?
这有什么难?
Nothing. But you're going down here.
并不难 你要躺在下面
Hold it. Hold it there. This has gotta go around there.
握住它 这要绕到另一边
- And this will conceal it? - Yeah, oh, sure.
- 这样就能隐藏鸟笼?- 没错 当然
- All right? - Yeah.
- 好了吗?- 好了
- Now, take that one there. - Yep. Okay.
- 拿过去 - 嗯 好了
- Pin this under. - And this ties up here?
- 把这个别在下面 - 这绑在这里?
- That ties at the front. - That's good.
- 这绑在前面 - 很好
Breathe as little as possible.
尽量憋住气
Now, you see? That'll go. That'll flatten.
看到没?它会被压扁
- I see. Yeah. - Okay.
- 我懂了 - 好
She's not experienced, but she knows how to present herself.
她没经验 不过很会秀自己
A pretty assistant is the most effective form of misdirection.
美丽的女助手最能转移注意力
Thank you.
谢谢大家
Ladies and gentlemen, for my final trick...
各位 最后的魔术表演
I will require the assistance of two volunteers.
需要两名志愿者
Mr. Merrit, if you would oblige me?
梅老板 麻烦你
Yeah. Okay. Bring your hand around.
用手盖住
- Under? - Under, yeah.
- 底下?- 嗯 底下
There. I put it around its foot.
绕住他的脚
- Careful. - He's all right, ain't he?
- 小心点 - 他没问题
- You get a volunteer to put a hand there. - Yeah.
- 一名志愿者把手放这里 - 嗯
And another one there.
另一名放在那里
Mr. Merrit, if you'll place your hands on either side of the cage, please.
梅老板 把手放在鸟笼的两侧
Thank you, Olivia.
谢谢你 奥莉薇雅
You best not be intending...
你最好别…
- to hurt this animal, Mr. Angier. - Of course not.
- 伤害小动物 安杰 - 当然不会
You ready? All right.
准备好了吗?
One....
一…
Two....
二…
- Three. - Three. Go.
- 三… - 三 变
Well, that's bloody marvelous, Cutter.
太惊人了
very nice.
太棒了
And the best part is....
最棒的是…
I thought you said I had to get my hands dirty.
我以为我得杀生
Someday perhaps you will. I just had to know that you can.
将来也许会 我只想确定你行不行
- very nice. very nice, indeed. - Thank you, Mr. Merrit.
- 很不错 真的很棒 - 谢谢 梅老板
I haven't had the chance to compliment your beautiful theater.
谢谢你 你的剧院也很棒
Well, it'll be a lot more beautiful when it's full.
坐满了观众会更棒
- Don't worry. - Oh, you all say that.
- 别担心 - 你们都这么说
Why should I worry? lf your tricks don't get them in, somebody else's will.
我才不担心 你不行 我换人就是了
Maybe somebody willing to do a bullet catch or a water escape?
或许有人愿意接子弹或水底脱逃
Cheap thrills, Mr. Merrit.
那是洒狗血的伎俩
People hoping for an accident, likely to see one too.
大家只想看发生意外
What would that do for your business?
那对你的生意有什么好处?
- You got a week, John. - Thank you, Mr. Merrit.
- 给你一个星期 约翰 - 谢谢你 梅老板
Thank you.
谢谢
Sir? ln the third row there.
那位先生 第三排
Please stand up and show us your handkerchief.
请站起来让大家看你的手帕
This isn't mine.
这不是我的
Perhaps you'd be so good as to return it to the lady in the aisle.
请你把手帕还给第二排的女士
I believe she has yours.
我相信她有你的手帕
Thank you.
谢谢
I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm making so many mistakes.
抱歉 我一直出错
I'm so nervous.
我好紧张
The audience doesn't seem to be responding.
观众好像没什么反应
They've seen a lot of tricks before, but not this next one.
我保证下一个魔术他们从没看过
Put a cloth over.
拿一块布遮住
- Fingers crossed. - I'll have the champagne ready.
- 祝我好运 - 我会准备香槟庆祝
- You've seen this one before? - We've seen them all.
- 你们看过这一招?- 老套了
I'll make it a little harder then, shall I?
那我就让它更具挑战性
Two volunteers, please. A lady and a gentleman to hold this cage with me.
我要两位志愿者 一男一女跟我一起握住鸟笼
I'll perform this feat in a manner never before seen by yourselves...
我要表演前所未有 世界首创
or any other audience anywhere in the world.
无人见识过的全新魔术
Madam, if you'll place one hand on the back of the cage, one hand on the front.
一只手放后面 另一只放前面
Sir, one hand on the bottom of the cage, one hand on the top.
先生 一只手放底下 另一只放上面
- Should have spotted him. - You had a lot of plates going.
- 我早该认出他来 - 你忙着表演
- Don't suppose they'll let us do this again. - No.
- 他们不会让我再秀这一招了 - 没错
- So, what's the climax of our show? - Show? You don't have a show.
- 那要用哪一招当压轴?- 压轴?你没得表演了
Mr. Merrit, We have a week's engagement.
梅老板 我们的合约是一星期
To perform magic, not butcher birds and break my customers' fingers.
我要你变魔术 不是杀小鸟或折断客人手指
Clear out. Anything here in the morning gets burned.
卷铺盖滚蛋 不然就全烧掉
- Mr. Merrit... - It's done, John.
- 梅老板… - 没得谈了
I've hired a comedian. You know I hate comedians.
我找了个谐星 你知道我最讨厌谐星
Well, there's plenty of good theaters.
好吧 好剧院多得是
If we can come up with a new trick, change the name of the act...
我们找个新魔术 换个艺名…
The name stays.
我不换艺名
Right. Well, then the new trick's gonna have to be irresistible, then.
好吧 不过新魔术一定要很炫
I have a couple of methods to try out.
我还有好几招可以试
And then we need a new angle on the presentation.
但要有新的表现方式
Oh, and if you need some inspiration...
如果你要找灵感
there's a technical exposition at the Albert Hall this week.
皇家亚伯厅本周有个科技展
Engineers, scientists, you know?
工程师 科学家都会去
That sort of thing captures a public's imagination.
这些事物吸引大众的好奇心
Mind if I join you? Tesla sends me down here during the storms.
我能坐这儿吗?泰斯拉在暴风雨时派我来
Perfect excuse to come join the Great Danton for a drink.
是陪丹顿大师喝一杯的好借口
Two of them.
来两杯
Beautiful, isn't it, huh? God, I miss New York though.
这雨下得真好 我好想念纽约
- So why are you here? - The lightning lives here.
- 你来这里干嘛?- 这里有闪电
And not much else. Our work is secret.
而且人烟稀少 我们的工作是秘密
Is that a cipher?
这是字谜吗?
It's a rotating transposition that shifts every day of the diary.
这本日记每天都换字母密码
Simple, but time-consuming to translate,
看似简单 就算有字母密码
even when you have the five-letter keyword.
解码也会花很多时间
Which is?
密码是什么?
We magicians have a circle of trust.
我们魔术师有道义 要保密
You have a circle of trust with someone whose diary you stole?
你偷别人的日记也叫道义?
Maybe I bought it.
搞不好我是用买的
And you're hoping to find a great secret in there.
你想从里面找出秘密
I've already found it. That's why I'm here.
我找到了 所以才来这里
Tesla built one for another magician.
泰斯拉替一名魔术师做了机关
- Why would you want the same thing? - Call it a professional rivalry.
- 你干嘛要同样的东西?- 这是同行间的较劲
Mr. Tesla has built unusual machines for unusual people.
泰斯拉专门帮怪人做古怪的机关
But he would never talk about it.
但我们不会说出去的
I understand discretion. I just want the machine.
没问题 我只想要那台机关
Finish your drink.
把酒干了
I wanna show you something.
我带你去看样东西
I think you'll have a special appreciation for our work.
你会很佩服我们的工作
- I thought it was a secret. - You're a magician.
- 我以为那是秘密 - 你是魔术师
Who's gonna believe you?
谁会相信你说的话?
Not long now.
就快到了
Our equipment requires a great deal of current.
我们的装备需要大量的电力
Tesla electrified the town in exchange for
泰斯拉替全镇提供电力
using the generators when we need to.
交换条件是使用发电机的权利
We do our tests when the townspeople are asleep.
我们趁镇民睡着时做实验
Mr. Tesla doesn't wanna scare anyone.
泰斯拉不想吓到大家
Where are the wires?
电线在哪里?
Exactly.
问得好
- Where's the generator? - You saw it last week.
- 发电机呢?- 就是你上星期看到的那台
- That must be 10 miles from here. - Fifteen.
- 离这里有十英里 - 十五英里
And I have to ride all of them before I get to bed.
每天都要骑这么远才能回家睡觉
I'll send word for you in a few days, Mr. Angier.
过几天我会给你消息
Magic. Real magic.
魔法 真正的魔法
Now appearing only here at London's Royal Albert Hall.
这一切都只在皇家亚伯厅展出
One of the miracles of our age.
这个时代的奇迹
A technological marvel.
科技的惊奇
You've never seen anything like it in your lives.
你这辈子从来没看过
Your eyes will not believe what they're witnessing.
就算亲眼目睹也不敢相信
The miracle of Nikola Tesla, ladies and gentlemen.
各位先生女士 泰斯拉的奇迹
Free clean power. Would you like to know the future?
零污染的免费电力 你想看到未来吗?
The man speaking now is going to change the world.
那个人将改变世界
Ladies and gentlemen, come one, come all. lmmediate seating, no waiting.
女士先生 快进来坐 位子很多 不用等
Ladies and gentlemen, I'm sorry...
各位女士先生们
but objections have been raised...
有些观众有意见
- concerning the safety... - They should be. Does that look safe to you?
- 担心安全的问题… - 是应该有意见 你认为安全吗?
Part of Thomas Edison's smear campaign...
这是爱迪生的毁谤行动
against Mr. Tesla's superior alternating current.
故意中伤泰斯拉的交流电研究
Mr. Alley, please.
艾利 拜托
We have asked Mr. Tesla to reconsider...
我们要求泰斯拉…
- Which he will not. - his presentation.
- 放弃展出 - 但是他不会
But I've been told he refuses to appear under any such restrictions.
不过他拒绝在受限情况下现身
Clear the hall! This thing is gonna blow!
快走 这东西快爆炸了
- Clear the hall! - Ladies and gentlemen, please!
- 快出去 - 拜托大家别紧张
Where's the switch?
开关在哪里?
This is all perfectly safe.
这百分之百安全
Hey.
Hello, Jess.
嗨 洁丝
Have you had a nice day with Mummy?
你今天跟妈妈过得好吗?
Sarah, I love you.
莎拉 我爱你
- See? Today it's true. - Yeah.
- 你今天是真心说爱我 - 嗯
Hello.
哈啰
I saw happiness.
我看见了幸福
Happiness that should have been mine.
应该属于我的幸福
But I was wrong.
但是我错了
His notebook reveals that he never had the life that I envied.
笔记中透露 他没有我所羡慕的生活
The family life that he craves one minute...
前一刻他渴望的家庭生活
he rails against the next, demanding freedom.
下一刻就想反抗 追求自由
His mind.... His mind is a divided one.
他的精神分裂…
His soul is restless.
心灵无法平静
His wife and child tormented by his fickle and contradictory nature.
易变和矛盾的天性折磨着妻女
What do you think? What do you think you'll call her?
你要叫洋娃娃什么名字?
I don't know.
不知道
Everybody needs a name. So, what's hers?
大家都有名字啊 她呢?
Maybe Sarah.
那就叫莎拉吧
That's a lovely name. That's a lovely name.
很美的名字 很美的名字
You talk about what you wanna do for the rest of the day.
你们聊聊今天想做的事
All right? Go on. You talk with her.
去跟她说吧
They're taking her away?
他们要把她带走?
To the workhouse?
送到童工工厂?
Now, you keep talking.
来 你们继续说话
Tell Owens I've reconsidered. Take it. Go on, take it.
告诉欧文我答应了 拿去吧
It's for the best.
这样对大家最好
Let me see.
给我看
I'm gonna learn all the Professor's secrets.
我要学会大师你所有的绝招
Only if I teach you how to read.
我得先教你识字
They're just stupid tricks, right?
这些魔术没有屁用
Haven't helped you get out of here, have they?
完全不能帮你逃出去
Or can't you undo real locks, Professor?
大师 你能解开真的锁吗?
Well, maybe I'm just biding my time.
也许我只是在等待时机
Maybe one day I'll open my hand, get your attention, ask:
有一天我会张开双手请你看 然后问
"Are you watching closely?"
"你在注意看吗?"
Maybe a magic word or two.
也许念一两句咒语
And then I'll be gone.
然后我就消失不见
How'd you get so famous, then, eh?
你凭什么这么出名?
Magic.
魔术
Borden, get back here!
波登 给我回来
Thank you.
多谢啦
Shut up! Get him down!
闭嘴 抓住他
Thank you.
谢谢
Who's got a bloody key?
谁有钥匙?
February 8th, 1899.
1899年2月8日
Today, finally a breakthrough.
今天终于有了突破
Tesla's agreed to see me.
泰斯拉同意见我
It's perfectly safe.
这百分之百安全
So this is the Great Danton.
你是魔术大师丹顿
Mr. Alley has effused about your act to me on any number of occasions.
艾利经常说你的表演很精彩
Hold out other hand.
伸出另一只手
What's conducting the electricity?
电流从哪里通过?
Our bodies, Mr. Angier, are quite capable of conducting...
我们的身体能生产
and, indeed, producing energy.
并制造能源
Have you eaten, Mr. Angier?
你吃过了吗?
I need something impossible.
我需要惊世骇俗的魔术
You are familiar with the phrase, "Man's reach exceeds his grasp"?
你听过这句俗话吗?"心有余而力不足"
It's a lie.
那不是真话
Man's grasp exceeds his nerve.
人类只是胆量不够
Society only tolerates one change at a time.
社会一次只能接受一种改变
The first time I tried to change the world...
我第一次试着改变世界…
I was hailed as a visionary.
被称为先知
Second time, I was asked politely to retire.
第二次 他们却请我退休
So here I am, enjoying my retirement.
所以我在这里享受退休时光
Nothing is impossible, Mr. Angier.
没有不可能的事
What you want is simply expensive.
只是很昂贵
If I were to build for you this machine...
你只用这机器
you would be presenting it merely as illusion?
来表演魔术?
Well, if people actually believed the things I did on-stage...
如果大家把我的表演当真
they wouldn't clap, they'd scream.
就不会鼓掌 只会尖叫
I mean, think of sawing a woman in half.
想想看 把女人锯成两半
Mr. Angier, have you considered the cost of such a machine?
你想过这机器的代价吗?
Price is not an object.
钱不是问题
Perhaps not, but have you considered the cost?
或许吧 你有想过代价吗?
I'm not sure I follow.
我不懂你的意思
Go home. Forget this thing.
回家吧 忘了这件事
I can recognize an obsession.
我看得出你着了魔
No good will come of it.
这不会有好事
Hasn't good come of your obsessions?
你自己着了魔也没好事吗?
At first. But I have followed them too long.
一开始有 但我沉迷太久了
I am their slave, and one day, they will choose to destroy me.
我成了它的奴隶 总有一天 它们会毁了我
If you understand an obsession, then you know you won't change my mind.
既然着了魔 那你就该知道我不会改变心意
So be it.
就这样吧
Will you build it?
你愿意打造了吗?
I have already begun to build it, Mr. Angier.
我已经开始打造了
I hope you enjoy the mountain air.
希望你享受山上的空气
This will take some time.
这得花点时间
I thought you'd gone.
我以为你走了
I don't really have anywhere to go.
我没有地方可以去
You've been sleeping here?
你都睡在这里?
Cutter said it would be all right till we get another booking. What are you doing?
柯特说我可以睡在这里 你在做什么?
Research.
做研究
Part of a magician's job is to watch his competition, to see what illusions...
魔术师得刺探对手表演什么…
You're going to do something to that man, aren't you?
你打算对付他 对吧?
Cutter's hoping you'll let things lie.
柯特希望你忘了这件事
He says if Borden thinks things are even between you two...
如果波登觉得你们扯平了…
Even?
扯平?
My wife for a couple of his fingers?
他用手指换我太太的命?
He has a family now, right? And he's performing again.
他现在有家有室 又能上台表演
Borden is living his life just as he always intended, as if nothing had happened.
波登假装没事发生 继续过着日子
And look at... Look at me, all right?
看看我
- I'm alone and no theater will touch me. - Us.
- 我孤家寡人 没戏院要请我表演 - 是我们
You're going to need a better disguise.
你需要更好的伪装
Need a volunteer.
我需要志愿者
What happened?
发生什么事了?
Did you hurt him?
你伤了他吗?
What happened, Robert?
怎么了 罗伯特?
You, sir.
Just a rubber ball, yes? Thank you.
这只是个皮球 对吧?谢谢
Just a rubber ball, no.
只是个皮球
Not normal. Not a normal rubber ball.
但它一点也不普通
It's magic.
它有魔力
He had a new trick.
波登有个新魔术
Was it good?
很棒吗?
It was the greatest magic trick I've ever seen.
那是我看过最棒的魔术戏法
Did they applaud when you saw it?
观众有没有鼓掌?
The trick was too good, it was too simple.
戏法太棒 太简单了
- The audience hardly had time to see it. - He's a dreadful magician.
- 观众根本来不及看得懂 - 他是个糟糕的魔术师
No, he's a wonderful magician. He's a dreadful showman.
不 他是很厉害的魔术师 只是一个糟糕的表演者
He doesn't know how to dress it up, how to sell...
完全不懂得包装宣传他的魔术
- How does he do it? - Uses a double.
- 那他到底怎么变的?- 他使用替身
No, no, no, it's too simple. This is a complex illusion.
太简单了 一定更复杂
You only say that because you don't know the method.
你不知道窍门才会这么说
It's a double at the end. It's the only way.
后来现身的是替身 就是这样
I've seen him perform the trick three times now.
我看过三次
- The Prestige is the same man. - No, it's not.
- 是同一个人 - 不 不是
The same man comes out of that second cabinet.
从第二道门出来的是同一人
It's the same man.
是同一个人
He wears padded gloves to hide his damaged fingers...
他戴着手套掩饰断指
but if you look closely you can tell.
仔细看就看得出来
He doesn't know how to sell it to an audience, but I do.
他不会吸引观众 但是我会
Yeah, well, we can use it as a climax to the show.
我们可以用来当压轴表演
Yes.
没错
The man stole my life, I'm gonna steal his trick.
他毁了我一生 我就偷他的戏法
- We gotta find someone who looks like you. - He doesn't use a double.
- 我们要找个很像你的人 - 他没有用替身
Robert, I don't know how Borden does the trick, so either...
罗伯特 我不知道波登的手法
You either wait for him to retire and buy the secret...
你要不就等他退休向他买秘诀
or you listen to how I would do it.
或是听我解释要怎么表演
And the only way that I know how to do it is to find you a bloody good double.
我知道唯一的手段就是用替身
All right.
好吧
Take a good look. Let's get out there and find me.
看清楚我的样子 去找我吧
Look. Look.
你看 你看
What's that?
这是什么?
That is for you.
这是给你的
What's this for?
用来做什么呢?
Come here.
过来
- I asked you last week. You said you... - You caught me in a wrong mood.
- 我上礼拜问过你… - 那时候我心情不好
But you went over all the...
但是你一直反对…
Sarah, I'm allowed to change my mind, aren't I?
莎拉 我可以改变主意吧?
The act is taking off, soon we'll be in a bigger theater.
我的表演很成功 换一家大剧院表演
Things will work out.
就能赚大钱
I can't believe it. Thank you.
我不敢相信 谢谢你
Thank you. It's beautiful.
谢谢你 好美喔
Gerry?
杰瑞
Darling, look at you.
亲爱的 看看你
Mr. Cutter, Mr. Angier, I'd like you to meet Gerald Root.
两位 这是杰瑞·路特
A pleasure. Pleasure to meet you fine gentlemen.
幸会了 很荣幸认识你们
Would you like for me to tell you a little joke? Come here.
你想听我说笑话吗?过来
There we are. Yes?
怎样?
Are you laughing now?
你在笑吗?
Oh, dear, I have to take a piss.
我得去尿尿
- He's out of his mind. - Of course. He's an out-of-work actor.
- 他是个疯汉 - 当然了 他是个失业演员
He's perfect. He needs a little help...
他很好 外表修饰一下
but when I get done with him, he could be your brother.
就能当你的兄弟
I don't need him to be my brother, I need him to be me.
我不要他当我兄弟 而是变成我
Give me a month.
给我一个月的时间
Come around.
过来
So you open the door and....
你打开门 然后…
Come on.
跳下来吧
- Couldn't you have found a softer one? - Well, it's not for sleeping on.
- 你就不能找个软垫子吗?- 这又不是睡觉用的
So if you come down through there...
你从那上面跳下来
- does Root go up through there? - Yep.
- 路特就从那边上去吗?- 没错
It's going to be amazing, Robert.
这会令人叹为观止
Well, it has to be. Borden's trick is getting noticed.
一定要 波登的魔术大受欢迎
The place was packed today.
今天已经客满了
You went and saw his show again.
你又去看他的表演
Ready to meet yourself, Mr. Angier?
准备见你自己吗 安先生?
All I have to do is keep myself drunk...
我只要喝得烂醉
and no one will be able to tell the difference.
就不会被识破
Have a little faith, sir.
你要有点信心
Now, would you favor us with a performance, Mr. Root?
路先生 麻烦你表演吧
Jesus.
老天爷
Yes, you would drink too if you knew the world half as well as I do.
你若像我看尽人情冷暖 也会借酒浇愁
Did you think you were unique?
你以为你很特别吗?
I have been Caesar. I played Faust.
我扮演过凯撒跟浮士德
How difficult could it possibly be to play the Great Danton?
扮你这丹顿大师能有多难?
You can go back to being yourself now, Root, for nothing.
你可以变回自己了 不然开除你
I'd rather be him for now.
我宁愿变成他
I find it amusing.
我发现这还蛮好玩的
My liege, I did deny no prisoners.
吾王 我确实否认没有囚犯…
- You look wonderful. - Oh, thank you.
- 你扮得好像哦 - 谢了
Root has to keep a low profile. Anyone sees him, the game's up.
路特必须保持低调 被人看到 我们就玩完了
I don't know how you do these things. I'm not sure I wanna know.
我不知道你的做法 我也不想知道
Have you thought what we should call the trick?
你决定这魔术叫什么吗?
There's no point in being coy.
没必要遮遮掩掩
Borden calls his trick "The Transported Man."
波登称他的表演为 "移形遁影术"
Ladies and gentlemen, much of what you've seen tonight...
各位 你们今晚看到的
may be termed as illusions or entertaining trifles.
多半都是魔术或是小把戏
Alas...
但是…
I cannot claim this next feat as illusion.
下一个表演并不是魔术
Watch carefully.
仔细看
You'll see no trickery...
绝对看不到机关
for no trickery is employed.
因为这是真的
Merely a technique familiar to certain citizens of the Orient...
只有遥远东方的奇人异士
and various holy men of the Himalayas.
以及喜马拉雅山的圣者才会
Indeed, many of you may be familiar with this technique...
的确 有些观众看过这个表演
but for those of you who aren't, do not be alarmed...
没看过的 请不要紧张
what you're about to see is considered safe.
这个表演绝对安全
To our achievement.
敬我们的成功
The manager says he's never seen a reaction like it.
经理说他没看过这种热烈反应
At least he got to see it. I spent the ovation hiding under the stage.
至少他看到了 我只能躲在台下
No one cares about the man who disappears into the box.
观众才懒得管消失的人
They care about the one who comes out.
他们只在乎现身的大师
- I care about the man in the box. - Thank you.
- 我就关心消失的人 - 谢谢你
I don't know. Maybe... Maybe we could switch before the trick.
也许我们能换过来
I could be the Prestige and Root ends up below.
由我来现身 让路特跳到舞台底下
No, the anticipation of the trick is everything.
不行 观众的期望最重要
We need your showmanship to build up the suspense.
你的舞台魅力才能营造张力
Once Root opens his mouth, it's over. He can't introduce this trick.
他一开口就完了 没办法表演
Of course I can. I'm the Great Danton.
我当然行 我是丹顿大师
Root, you bloody fool. Get out of that wardrobe and makeup.
你这猪头 把这身装扮脱掉
Anyone could walk in here at any minute.
随时都可能有人经过
Congratulations, all.
恭喜了 各位
Life is not full of these moments, Robbie. We worked hard.
成功不是偶然的 我们很努力
We need to celebrate properly.
我们要好好庆祝
What's wrong? ls it your wife?
怎么了?想起你太太了?
No. No, it's the trick. lt isn't good enough.
不是 这魔术还不够好
Borden's trick is nothing compared to ours. He has no style.
波登比不上我们 他没有格调
Well, he doesn't spend the finale hiding under the stage.
他最后不必躲在舞台底下
I need to know how he does it.
我要知道他的做法
- Why? - So I can do it better.
- 为什么?- 这样我就可以做得更好
I need you to go and work for him.
我要你去当他的助手
Work for him? Are you joking?
当他的助手?你在开玩笑吗?
You'll be my spy.
你得当我的间谍
We just got our start. You want me to leave?
我们才刚成功 你就要我走?
That's how we advance. Think of it, Olivia.
这样才能进步 想想看
We got people excited, but imagine what we could do with the real illusion.
柯特的伎俩已经让观众兴奋了 用正版魔术岂不更受欢迎
We'd have the greatest magic act anyone's ever seen.
这将是前所未见的伟大魔术
He knows I work for you.
他知道我是你的助手
Exactly why he'll wanna hire you. He'll want my secret.
他才会用你来打探我的秘诀
- Why would he trust me? - Because you're gonna tell him the truth.
- 他凭什么信任我?- 因为你要告诉他真相
Good girl.
乖女孩
You must be curious to see what so much money has bought you, Mr. Angier.
你一定想知道 花大钱买到的是什么
It's fitting you should be here for maiden voyage.
你正好来目睹我们的处女秀
Your hat.
你的高帽
You might wanna stand back.
你最好退后一点
I don't understand.
我不明白
Perhaps it would be best if you left us to it.
让我们来处理就好了
- Is there a problem, Mr. Tesla? - No, no, no.
- 有问题吗 泰斯拉?- 没有
- Come back next week. - Next week?
- 下星期再回来 - 下星期?
- Come back... Next week, it'll be fine. - Tesla.
- 下星期就没问题 - 泰斯拉
She's just a little temperamental sometimes.
机器有时候也会闹脾气
- Interesting workshop. - Yeah, we make do.
- 很不错的工作室 - 我们尽力了
- My name is Olivia Wenscombe... - I know who you are.
- 我是奥莉薇雅 - 我知道
You here to steal my show?
你来偷我的秘诀?
I'm here to give it what it's missing.
我有你缺少的东西
- Yeah? What might that be? - Me.
- 我缺少什么?- 我
I was just saying that, wasn't I, Bernard? Woman's touch.
我刚才正在说… 我们需要女性魅力
- I've left Angier. - All right.
- 我离开安杰 - 很好
- I want a job. - Yeah?
- 我需要工作 - 是吗?
- I know you've no reason to trust me... - Why wouldn't I trust you?
- 我知道你一定不信任我 - 我为什么不信任你?
I mean, you're only the mistress of my enemy. Why wouldn't I trust you?
你是我敌手的情人 当然能信任
- Mr. Borden... - Alfred.
- 波登先生 - 艾佛
I'm going to tell you the truth.
我要告诉你事实
Now that is a slippery notion in our line of work...
干我们这行 没有所谓的事实
isn't it, Miss Wenscombe?
不是吗?温小姐
I am here because he sent me here.
我会来这里 是安杰派我来的
He wants me to work for you and steal your secret.
他要我替你工作 偷你的秘诀
What does he need my secret for?
为什么?
His trick is top-notch.
他的魔术算顶尖了
He vanishes and then he reappears on the other side of the stage...
他消失后 立刻出现在舞台另一边
mute, overweight and, unless I'm mistaken, very drunk.
痴肥又不开口 而且喝得烂醉
It's astonishing. How does he do it?
不过还是很棒 何必偷我的?
And tell me, Olivia, does he enjoy taking his bows under the stage?
告诉我 他喜欢躲在台下吗?
No, it's killing him.
他快抓狂了
He's obsessed with discovering your methods.
他像着了魔似的
He thinks of nothing else.
只想知道你的手法
He takes no pleasure in our success, and I've had enough.
表演成功还不满足 我受够了
There is no future with him.
跟他在一起没有未来
He sent me here to steal your secrets, but I've actually come to offer you his.
他派我来偷你的秘诀 我来告诉你他的秘密
This is the truth, is it?
这是实话吗?
Think you'd better get dressed, sir.
你赶快把衣服穿好
Root, you're late and more drunk than usual.
你迟到了 而且比平常更醉
- Now, get down below stairs right away. - No.
- 立刻给我躲进舞台下面 - 不
No, we need to have a little chat, Mr. Cutter.
我们得聊一聊 柯特先生
We have a problem.
麻烦大了
Cutter, Borden is performing right across the street.
波登就在对街表演
Yeah? We have a bigger problem.
这里的问题更大
Root. He's realized he can make demands.
路特发现他可以狮子大开口
Wha...? He's blackmailing us?
他要勒索我们?
I was surprised, to tell you the truth. It usually takes them longer to figure it out.
我倒是很惊讶 这种人通常过很久才会想通
- Well, how much does he want? - Well, it makes no difference.
- 他要多少?- 这不是重点
- We gotta stop doing the trick. - Stop the trick? Cutter, look at this.
- 我们得暂停演出 - 暂停演出?你看看
Well, look at yesterday's, look at last week...
你看看上礼拜的报纸
where they said you were the premier stage performer in London.
他们说你是伦敦首席表演家
Not magician, mind you.
不是魔术师
- Performer of any kind. - Well, what's your point?
- 而是表演家 - 你想说什么?
My point is, Robert, is you've climbed too high...
你成名太快
to get away with professional embarrassment.
不能出纰漏
We don't do any tricks we can't control.
最好别表演无法掌控的魔术
Just pay him whatever he wants for now.
他想要多少都给他
We keep doing the trick until Borden opens and then we'll phase it out.
继续表演 直到波登开幕 我们再喊停
All right.
好吧
Cutter was always surprised how fast Root turned bad.
柯特很惊讶路特这么快就造反
To what do I owe the pleasure of this rather welcome pint of ale?
我何德何能被你请喝啤酒?
You're the Great Danton, aren't you?
你是丹顿大师 对吧?
Of course I am, but don't advertise it because I'll be mobbed with fans.
当然 别声张 我怕被骚扰
We paid him enough to keep him in beers...
我们给他钱喝酒
so you wouldn't expect him to rock the boat.
以防他扯后腿
Indeed, many of you may be familiar with this technique.
各位可能看过这个魔术
But for those of you who aren't, do not be alarmed...
没看过的人不要紧张
what you're about to see is considered safe.
这个魔术很安全
And who are you?
你是谁?
I am a humble admirer and a fellow practitioner.
我是个仰慕者 也是魔术师
very good.
非常好
- Another? - Oh, if you insist.
- 再来一杯?- 如果你要请客
- Another. - I'm not performing tonight.
- 再来一杯 - 我今晚没有演出
Well, I'm only doing one show...
我只负责表演
but to be frank, my people pretty much run things these days.
一切都由其他人安排
Get up there!
给我上去
Get up!
上去
Your illusion, The Transported Man...
你的移形遁影术
I'm not claiming to know your methods or anything...
我并不知道其中秘密
but I had a similar trick in my act, and I used a double.
但是我以前也有类似的表演 而且 我用一个替身
I see. very good.
我懂了 很好
Well, it was, and then it went bad.
结果出了麻烦
What I didn't count on, was that when I incorporated this bloke into my act...
我没料到替身竟然喧宾夺主
he had complete power over me.
把我的光彩全部夺走
Complete power, you say.
完全夺走?
Be very careful giving someone that power over you.
千万别让别人夺走你的光彩
Well, thank you.
谢谢你
Yes, thank you for the warning.
谢谢你的忠告
Cheers.
干杯
I cannot claim this next feat as illusion.
下一个表演并不是魔术
What you're about to see is considered safe.
不过这个表演很安全
The Great Danton.
伟大的丹顿大师
大师在潘提剧场表演
I apologize.
我在此致歉
There simply is too much magic...
我在对街的表演太精彩
for my stage at the Pantages across the street.
不小心把自己变到这里来
- Bravo! - Bravo!
- 太棒了 - 太棒了
Pardon my intrusion.
抱歉打扰了
- Bravo! - And go easy on the poor chap.
- 太棒了 - 放过他吧
He does try so very hard.
他已经很努力了
I don't know how Borden found him.
我不知道波登怎么找到他的
Kept him under wraps, I was careful.
我很小心把他藏好
Yeah, well, he did.
还是被他找到了
Do you think it was her?
是她泄的密吗?
You weren't expecting me?
你没料到是我吧?
I was expecting you sooner. Your message said afternoon.
你来晚了 你明明约下午
It takes a bit for me to get around these days.
最近我的行动不便
He's taken everything from me.
他从我身边夺走一切
My wife, my career, now you.
妻子 事业 还有你
What do you mean? You sent me...
是你派我来的
I sent you to steal his secret, not to improve his act.
我派你 是要你偷他的秘诀 不是帮助他
- That's my job. - Or fall in love.
- 那是我的工作 - 或是爱上他
- I did everything you asked! - Yes? Yes?
- 我照你的话去做 - 是吗?
- Then how does he do it? - Cutter was right, a double.
- 他到底用什么手法?- 柯特说的对 他用替身
- Of course Borden said that. - He didn't say anything. I've seen things.
- 波登当然这么说 - 他什么都没说
Makeup, glasses, wigs. We don't use it for the show, but I've seen it backstage.
我看到化妆 眼镜 假发 我们没用到 不过都藏在后台
It's misdirection. He leaves things around to make you think he's using a double.
他故意让你误以为他用替身
All the time? He doesn't know when I look.
随时随地吗?不可能
All the time, Olivia!
随时随地
That's who he is! That's what it takes!
他就是这种人 你不懂吗?
He lives his act! Don't you see?
他一直在演戏
Just because you're sleeping with him doesn't mean he trusts you.
他跟你上床不代表他信任你
You think you can see everything, don't you?
你以为你什么都知道?
But the Great Danton is a blind fool. His notebook.
丹顿大师是睁眼瞎子 这是他的笔记
You stole it?
你偷的?
I borrowed it for tonight.
借来的 只有今晚
I thought you could translate it, but now...
我想你可以翻译…
- I can't. - You can't?
- 不行 - 你不行?
Olivia, no one can, it's a cipher.
没人能翻译 这是字谜
Even with the keyword it would take months to decode.
就算有关键字 也得花几个月
- And without the keyword? - Perhaps never.
- 没有关键字呢?- 那就没辙了
- We'll see. - We will not see.
- 等着瞧吧 - 不能等了
If I don't get that back to him tomorrow, he'll know I took it.
我明早不放回去 他就知道是我偷的
- Leave him. - I can't. He knows where I live.
- 离开他 - 不行 他知道我住哪里
This is his diary, Olivia.
这是他的日记
All of his secrets are right here in my hands.
他的秘密都掌握在我手里
Won't bring your wife back.
这不能让你妻子复生
I don't care about my wife, I care about his secret.
我才不在乎 我只要他的秘密
Look...
听着
I'll go to his workshop and stage a break-in.
我去他的工作室布置成闯空门
- He'll know you took it. - Yes, me. Not you.
- 他会知道是你拿走的 - 对 是我 不是你
Understand?
懂吗?
Robert.
罗伯特?
I have fallen in love with him.
我已经爱上他了
Then I know how hard this has been for you.
那我就知道你有多为难了
Notebook?
他偷了笔记?
Then he's just getting started.
他不会就此罢手
- Good evening. - Professor.
- 晚安 - 大师
- Could I get your autograph? - Professor.
- 能说句话吗?- 大师
I'm walking tonight.
我今晚走路回家
Let him come. I don't care.
让他来吧 我不在乎
- Professor. - Professor.
- 大师 - 大师
- You all right? - I'm alive.
- 你没事吧?- 死不了
Saves me cutting you an air hole.
这样也省得我开个通风孔
- I'm impressed. - Why's that?
- 我很佩服你 - 为什么?
You're finally getting your hands dirty.
你终于动手杀生了
It's what a good trick costs, Angier.
这就是伟大魔术的代价
Risk.
冒险
Sacrifice.
牺牲
The sacrifice, I'm afraid, is gonna be yours, unless you give me what I want.
不给我我要的 只有你会被牺牲
- Which is? - Your secret.
- 你要什么?- 你的秘密
My secret?
我的秘密?
Your method for The Transported Man.
移形遁影术的手法
Fallon wouldn't tell me. He doesn't seem to talk at all.
法隆不肯说 他根本不会说话
You have my notebook.
你拿到了我的笔记
Useless without the keyword.
少了关键字也没用
Write down your method, Mr. Borden.
写出你的手法
Describe it in full.
详细写出来
I want the whole method, not the keyword.
我要你的手法 不只是关键字
I don't even know if your secret's in your notebook.
你的笔记也许根本没记载
The keyword is the method.
关键字就是我的手法
Where's my engineer?
我的机关师呢?
- Alive? - How fast can you dig?
- 他还活着吗?- 看你能挖多快
Fallon! You hear me? Fallon!
法隆 听得见吗?法隆
- How's the arm? - Still attached.
- 你的手臂怎样?- 幸好还在
- Did you find your answer? - Our answer.
- 找到你的答案了吗?- 我们的答案
Cutter, I haven't looked yet. I wanted you to share this.
我还没看 我们一起看
I already know how he does it, Robert.
我已经知道他是怎么变的
The same way he always has. The same way as we do.
他一贯的手法 跟我们一样
It's just that you want something more.
但是你却不死心
Well, let's find out then, shall we?
我们一起看吧 好吗?
What does it mean?
这是什么意思?
It means, Cutter, we have a journey ahead of us.
意思就是 我们得去旅行
- To America. - Robert?
- 到美国 - 罗伯特
Listen to me.
听我说
Obsession is a young man's game.
着魔是年轻人玩的游戏
- Oh, come on. - I can't follow you any further in it.
- 别这么说 - 我没办法再帮你了
I can't. I'm sorry.
不行了 很抱歉
Then the rest is up to me.
我只好一个人去了
I'm sorry.
很抱歉
Good evening. Hello, darling.
晚安 你好 亲爱的
Champagne, your finest.
来瓶最好的香槟
I didn't know we were going to be joined for dinner.
我不知道会有客人
- Absolutely. We are celebrating. - Miss Wenscombe.
- 当然 大家要好好庆祝 - 温小姐
Mr. Fallon. Well, what are we celebrating?
法隆先生 我们要庆祝什么?
Well, we've hit upon a new trick, haven't we, Fallon?
我们有新的魔术 对吧?
- What trick, Freddy? - Yes, Freddy, what trick?
- 佛迪 什么魔术?- 是啊 佛迪 什么魔术?
I am going to bury myself alive every night...
我每天晚上要把自己活埋
and then someone will come along and dig me up. Wonderful.
然后找人来把我挖出来
- No, I think my husband's had quite enough. - No, pour the champagne. Come on, pour...
- 我老公酒喝多了 - 倒香槟 来吧
Right. Sarah, don't talk to me like that. I'm not a child.
莎拉 别把我当三岁小孩
- Perhaps it would... - Perhaps, Mr. Fallon...
- 我最好先走… - 法隆
you might escort Miss Wenscombe home. My husband's being a bore.
请送温小姐回家 我老公很没礼貌
- I see no reason why you have to suffer. - Oh, please. Don't ruin this evening.
- 何必让你们受罪 - 别这么扫兴嘛
Good night, Mrs. Borden. Good night, Freddy.
晚安 波登夫人 晚安 佛迪
- "Freddy"? - Well, that's my name.
- 佛迪?- 那是我的名字
- Not at home. - Well, I'm not always at home, am I?
- 在家里不是 - 我又不常在家 对吧?
Well, couldn't you have at least taken off the beard?
你至少可以卸掉假胡子吧?
Sarah, I just came from the bloody theater just now.
莎拉 我才刚表演完
All right? And I'm out in public.
大家都喜欢我这个模样
- Everybody else loves it. - Why are you being like this, Alfred?
- 大家都喜欢 - 你怎么会变成这样?
I had a terrible ordeal today.
我今天真的很不顺
I thought that something very precious...
差点失去一件
had been lost to me.
很宝贵的东西
So I just wanted to celebrate. Just a little.
我只想稍微庆祝一下
All right, what?
什么?
What did you lose?
你失去了什么?
I see, more secrets.
又是更多的秘密
Sarah, secrets are my life.
莎拉 秘密是我的生活重心
- Our life. - No, Alfred, stop.
- 我们的生活 - 艾佛 别再演了
This isn't you. Stop performing.
这不是你 别再演了
I thought I had the place to myself, Mr. Brent.
我以为我是唯一的客人
Unexpected guests.
有个不速之客
Not very polite. A lot of questions.
很没礼貌 问一大堆问题
First I thought they might work for the government.
我以为他们替政府工作
- No? - Worse.
- 不是吗?- 更糟
They work for Thomas Edison.
他们是爱迪生的手下
Today, a most curious development.
今天有不寻常的发展
His assistant came to us with a proposition.
他的女助手来找我
Obviously, Angier has sent her and told her to admit as much.
安杰派她来 承认自己卧底
Does he enjoy taking his bows under the stage?
他喜欢躲在台下吗?
He sent me here to steal your secrets, but I've actually come to offer you his.
他派我来偷你秘诀 我来告诉你他的秘密
This is the truth, is it?
这是实话吗?
No, that's what he told me to tell you. The truth...
不 这是他叫我说的
is that I loved him, and I stood by him, and he sent me to you...
其实我是爱他的 一直在帮他
Iike he would send a stagehand to pick up his shirts.
但是他把我当跑腿小妹 派我来
I hate him for that.
我恨他这样对我
I can spot Angier's methods from the back of the theater.
我从大老远就看出安杰的手法
So, what could you possibly have to offer me?
你能给我什么?
You know how he does his tricks, but you can't understand...
你或许知道他的手法 但是你不懂
why no one can see yours are better. You hide this.
大家看不出你比较厉害 你把断指包起来
I had to look very closely to spot it when you were performing The Transported Man...
我要很仔细看才看得出来
but this makes you unique.
不过这是你的优势
It shows the audience you aren't using a double.
这代表你没有用替身
You mustn't hide it, display it proudly.
别把手包起来 要大方秀出来
I'm sure it takes great skill to perform illusions with one good hand.
你只用一只手变魔术一定很厉害
Yeah, it does.
对 没错
So let people know.
你要让大家知道
You could be so much more than he is, and I can show you how.
你比他高杆 我可以教你怎么成名
I think she's telling the truth.
我想她说的是真话
I think we cannot trust her.
不过我们不能信任她
But I love her. I need her.
但是我爱她 也需要她
To open myself to such a relationship...
打开心房 接受这段感情
to the dangers of such an affair...
面对外遇的危险
I need assurances of fidelity. Of love.
我必须确认她对我忠贞不二
But how to be sure?
该怎么确信呢?
I know a way. It's the only way to know her mind.
我有个方法 那是了解她心意的唯一方法
How could he send you away?
他怎么舍得让你离开?
She must help me rid ourselves of Angier.
她必须帮我们除掉安杰
Today, my mistress proves her truthfulness.
今天我的情妇证明了她的真心
Not to me, you understand.
不是向我证明
I've been convinced since she led me to Root.
她带我去找路特时 我就相信她了
Today, Olivia proves her love for me to you, Angier.
今天她在你面前证明她爱我
Yes, Angier.
没错 安杰
She gave you this notebook at my request.
是我要她把笔记交给你
And, yes, "Tesla " is merely the key to my diary, not to my trick.
"泰斯拉" 只是关键字 不是秘诀
Did you really think I'd part with my secret so easily after so much?
你以为我会轻易把秘诀给你?
Goodbye, Angier.
再见 安杰
May you find solace for your thwarted ambition back in your American home.
祝你在美国的新家找到安慰
Tesla!
泰斯拉…
Tesla! Alley! Alley!
泰斯拉…艾利 艾利…
Tesla never made a machine like the one I asked for.
泰斯拉根本没打造我要的机器
- We never said he had. - But you let me believe that he had.
- 我们没说他有啊 - 但你让我认为他有
You stole my money because your funding had been cut off.
你们资金用完 所以骗我的钱
You've been shooting sparks at my top hat, laughing at me all along...
拿我的高帽做实验 一边嘲笑我
while using my money to stave off ruin.
一边拿我的钱来花
- Now, I have seen Edison's men. - Where?
- 我看到爱迪生的人 - 在哪里?
In the hotel. And I have every mind to bring them up here myself.
旅馆 我大可以把他们带来
That would be unwise, Mr. Angier.
这么做很不明智 安杰
It is true that you are our last remaining financier...
你的确是我们最后的金主
but we have not stolen your money.
但是我们没偷你的钱
Sir, my cat.
我的猫
When I told you I could make your machine, I spoke a simple truth.
我说能做出你要的机器是实话
- Then why isn't the machine working? - Because exact science, Mr. Angier...
- 那机器为什么没有用?- 科学不是绝对
is not an exact science.
它充满变数
The machine simply does not operate as expected.
机器不一定能正常运作
It requires further examination.
需要进行更多实验
- So where did my top hat go? - Nowhere.
- 我的高帽在哪里?- 就在这里
We tried the damn thing a dozen times.
试了十几次
The hat went nowhere.
帽子一直在这里
We need to try different material.
我们必须试不同的东西
It may provoke a different result.
才可能有不同的结果
Copernicus, come on.
猫咪 过来
You are responsible for whatever happens to this animal, doctor.
我的猫出了事你要负责 博士
I hope that whatever you were really doing with my money was more worthwhile...
我只希望我的钱花得很值得
Mr. Tesla.
泰斯拉先生
Alley!
艾利
So the machine was working.
机器真的有用
I never bothered to check the calibration because the hat never moved.
我没去检查 因为帽子都没动
These things never quite work as you expect them to, Mr. Angier.
事情总是很难如你所愿
That's one of the principal beauties of science.
这也是科学原则
I'll need a couple of weeks to iron out the problems with the machine.
我要花几个星期解决问题
We'll send word when it's ready.
好了就通知你
Don't forget your hat.
别忘了你的帽子
- Well, which one is mine? - They're all your hats, Mr. Angier.
- 哪一顶是我的?- 都是你的 安杰先生
You look so pretty in this new dress of yours.
你穿这件新衣服好漂亮哦
- Are we going to the zoo this afternoon? - No, no, no. Daddy has some errands to run.
- 我们要去动物园吗?- 爸爸有别的事情要办
- But you promised. - I promised, did I?
- 你答应过我 - 是吗?
Then go to the zoo we shall.
那就去动物园吧
So Daddy will go run his errands and I'll be back before you know it...
我先去办事 马上就回来
so you go get ready. We'll go see those chimpanzees.
你去准备好 我们去看黑猩猩
Sarah.
莎拉
What are you doing?
你在做什么?
We each of us have our vices.
我们各自有沉迷的事情
Sarah, whatever you may think...
莎拉 不管你怎么想
your only competition for my affections is our little girl.
你唯一的对手是我们的女儿
I love you. I will always love you and you alone.
我爱你 永远爱你 我只爱你
- You mean it today. - Absolutely.
- 你今天是真心的 - 一点也没错
Which makes it so much harder when you don't.
当你骗我会让我更痛苦
Is that more shopping? She does love the smell of money.
又要买东西?她真是爱钱
The little lady wants to go to the zoo, so I thought you could take her.
女儿想去动物园 你带她去吧
Yeah? I mean, I can do it tomorrow if not.
不然我明天可以带她去
And Sarah, she knows.
莎拉已经知道了
She... I mean, at least she knows that something's not right...
她知道事情有点不对劲
so if you can just do whatever you can to help me with her.
请你尽量帮我安抚她的情绪
Talk to her. Just convince her that I do love her.
说服她我是真的爱她
- What is it, Freddy? - Just don't call me that, please.
- 佛迪 怎么了?- 别这样叫我 拜托
It's nothing. It's just, you know, there's sometimes....
没事 只是有时
- Sometimes it seems wrong. - I've told you before...
- 有时我觉得很内疚 - 我说过
when you're with me, you're with me.
跟我一起 心里只能有我
Leave your family at home where they belong.
你回家再想你的家人
I'm trying.
我一直在试
I'm trying, Olivia.
我一直在试 我很努力
- I'll get dressed. - Yeah.
- 我要换衣服了 - 好
I saw Fallon hanging around again.
我看见法隆在附近晃
There's something about that man I don't trust.
我对他不太信任
You trust me? Then trust Fallon.
你信任我吗?那就信任法隆
He protects the things that I care about.
他保护我在乎的东西
We're sorry to see you go, Mr. Angier.
很遗憾你要离开了 安先生
We were sorry to see Mr. Tesla leave as well.
真遗憾泰斯拉也要离开
He was very good to Colorado Springs.
他对这地方贡献良多
Mr. Angier, I didn't think it was necessary to tell Edison's men about the box.
安先生 我没告诉爱迪生手下有关箱子的事
What box?
什么箱子?
I apologize for leaving without saying goodbye...
很抱歉离开之前没向你道别
but I seem to have outstayed my welcome in Colorado.
但我在这里已经不受欢迎
The truly extraordinary is not permitted in science and industry.
科学和工业界不能容忍前卫科技
Perhaps you'll find more luck in your field,
大概只有你的魔术能受到肯定
where people are happy to be mystified.
观众喜欢解不开的谜
You will find what you are looking for in this box.
你会在箱子里找到你要的
Alley has written you a thorough set of instructions.
艾利写了详细的使用说明书
I add only one suggestion on using the machine:
我对你只有一个建议
Destroy it.
毁了这具机器
Drop it to the bottom of the deepest ocean.
将它丢进最深的海底
Such a thing will bring you only misery.
它只会带给你不幸
Tesla's warning is as unheeded as he knew it would be.
如泰斯拉所料 他无视他的警告
Today, I tested the machine...
今天我要测试机器
taking precautions in case Tesla hadn't ironed out the kinks in its operation.
预防它运作时出问题
I mean, if it went wrong, I would not wanna live like that for long.
如果出事 我不想那样过活
But here at the Turn, I must leave you, Borden.
这就是偷天换日的步骤 我要遗弃你了 波登
Yes, you, Borden.
没错 就是你 波登
Sitting there in your cell...
坐在牢房
reading my diary, awaiting your death...
读着我的日记 因为谋杀我
for my murder.
等待死亡的来临
Angier's journal, that gesture of good faith, that's a fake.
安杰的日记 那是假的
I assure you, it's not. The provenance of the journal is clear and under no doubt.
我向你保证是真的 来历很清楚 没有疑问
And it's written in Angier's own hand, of which we had numerous examples.
比对之后 证实是安杰的笔迹
It don't matter.
无所谓了
So my tricks.
这是我的秘诀
- All of them. - lncluding The Transported Man?
- 全部的戏法 - 包括移形遁影术?
Well, Lord Caldlow will be very pleased indeed.
卡德洛爵士会很高兴
No, he won't. Because they're not complete.
他不会的 因为不完整
It's just the Pledge and the Turn for each.
只有"以虚代实"和"偷天换日"
Without the Prestige for these tricks...
没有 "化腐朽为神奇" 的秘诀
- these are worthless. - Yeah.
- 根本就一文不值 - 没错
You get the rest of it when you bring my daughter here.
想要的话就带我女儿来
I wanna say goodbye.
我想跟她说再见
We have to go through it now.
不 我们必须谈谈
Listen, we have to go through it now. Now, listen to me.
我们必须谈谈
Deny it all you want.
你可以尽管否认
Olivia means nothing.
我根本就不爱奥莉薇雅
- Olivia? - I need an assistant. No, I'll go to her.
- 奥莉薇雅?- 我需要助手 我会告诉她…
- I'll tell her I know... - Tell her what?
- 我会告诉她… - 告诉她什么?
I know what you really are, Alfred. I....
我知道你的秘密
- I know, and I... - Sarah, Sarah.
- 我再也无法… - 莎拉 莎拉
- I can't keep it in. - You can't talk like this.
- 我再也无法隐瞒下去 - 别胡说八道
- Sarah, shut up. - No, no.
- 莎拉 住嘴 - 不 不
I don't wanna hear it anymore!
我不想再听了
You can't talk like this!
你不能这样
You can't hide it anymore because I know, Alfred, I know.
你瞒不住的 因为我知道
I know what you really are!
我知道你的真面目
Alfred...
艾佛
I can't live like this.
我不能这样过活
Oh, well, you think I can live like this?
你觉得我可以这样过活?
You think I bloody enjoy living like this?
我很享受这种生活吗?
We have this beautiful house...
我们有房子 有女儿
Lovely little girl, we're married. What is so wrong with your life?
你的生活有什么不好?
Alfred, I can't live like this!
我不要这种生活
Well, what do you want from me?
你到底要我怎么样?
I want....
我要…
I want you to be honest with me.
我要你对我诚实
No tricks...
不耍魔术
no lies...
不说谎话
and no secrets.
没有秘密
Do you...? Do you love me?
你爱我吗?
Not today.
今天不爱
No.
我不爱你
奥德维奇路230号 伦敦
Who's there?
是谁?
I'm looking for an old friend.
我来找位老朋友
I heard about a booking.
听说有一场表演
Nice little theater. Good up-and-coming magician.
不错的小戏院 魔术界的新秀
- You're back. - It's good to see you, John.
- 你回来了 - 见到你真好 约翰
Good rehearsal space.
不错的排练场
Blind stagehands, I like it.
瞎子助手 我喜欢
You always had a good eye for publicity.
你一向都很会耍宣传噱头
I need your help, John.
我需要你的帮忙
It's my last show. A limited engagement.
我最后的表演 限定场次
Your last show?
你最后的表演?
A wise man once told me obsession was a young man's game.
一位智者说着魔是年轻人的游戏
I'm almost done.
我差不多完成了
There's one thing left.
只剩一件事
The Real Transported Man.
真正的移形遁影术
You wanna design a show around it.
你想要为它设计一场表演
I don't want you backstage. I need you front of house, managing.
我不要你在幕后 这次我要你在外面办事
I need you to call in favors or connections you have...
我要你动用你所有的关系
- to get us the right booking for the run. - What sort of booking you after?
- 敲定表演场地 - 你要哪一种剧院?
The sort that Borden can't ignore.
波登会注意到的大剧院
What an honor it is to see you again, sir.
能再见到你真是我的荣幸
You told me you only wanted to show me one trick. lt piqued my interest.
你说有一个魔术会让我很感兴趣
- It's a very clever trick, Mr. Ackerman. - Pleased to meet you.
- 非常巧妙的魔术 - 幸会了 艾克曼先生
Likewise, I'm sure. Well, let's get on, shall we?
彼此彼此 开始吧 各位
Turn it on, gentlemen.
开动机器了 先生们
very pretty.
很漂亮
That's it, Cutter? He simply disappears?
就这样?他就这样消失了?
That's not a trick. Well, he has to come back.
这不是魔术 他必须回来啊
- There has to be a... - A Prestige?
- 他必须… - 化腐朽为神奇?
Exactly.
没错
Pardon me.
原谅我
It's very rare to see...
很难得见到…
real magic.
真正的魔术
- Yes, it's been many years since I've seen... - Are you interested in helping us?
- 我有很多年没见到… - 有兴趣帮助我们吗?
Yes.
当然
But you'll have to dress it up a little.
不过你得稍微包装一下
Disguise it.
加一点伪装
Give them enough reason to doubt it.
让观众有怀疑的理由
You haven't spoken about her, Freddy. Not once.
你都没谈到莎拉 半句也没有
Why would I talk about her to you?
我们为什么要谈她?
Because she was a part of your life.
她曾是你生命的一部分
And now she's gone.
现在她死了
You know, the day before she killed herself, she said she wanted to meet me.
她自杀前一天说她想见我
That she had something to tell me about you.
她想告诉我关于你的事
I was such a coward, I couldn't bring myself to face her.
但是我没胆量 不敢去见她
But...
不过…
what would she have said?
她想跟我说什么?
You wanna know the truth about me?
你想知道我的真相?
Truth is that...
真相是…
I never loved Sarah.
我从来没爱过莎拉
I never loved her.
我不爱她
- You married her. You had a child with her. - Yes, yes. Part of me.
- 你娶了她 你们有个孩子 - 那是一半的我
Part of me did, but the other part didn't.
有一半是我 另一半不是我
The part that found you. The part that's sitting here right now.
这个我遇见了你 坐在你面前
I love you.
我爱的是你
No, Olivia, I love you. That's the truth.
我爱你 这才是真相
That is the truth that matters.
这个真相才重要
You could be in some other restaurant with some other woman right now...
你也很可能在另一家餐厅
talking about me that way.
对别的女人这么说我
- No. - Yes.
- 不会 - 你会的
It's inhuman to be so cold.
你冷酷得真没人性
He's back. After two years.
他回来了 事隔两年
He's got a new trick. They're saying it's the best London's ever seen.
他有了新魔术 大家都说是前所未见的表演
You should see the look on your face, Professor.
你该看看你的表情 大师
You should go to him.
你应该去见他
You two deserve each other.
你们俩是绝配
I'm afraid I'm booked. The Moscow Ballet, they'll be playing through next year.
有人订下我的剧院 莫斯科芭蕾舞团要演到明年
Then get rid of them. There'll be a hundred performances.
取消他们的演出 我要做一百场演出
No more, no less.
不多也不少
Five performances a week. No matinees.
每周五场 没有下午场
And that's what you'll be charging for each ticket. Good day.
这是门票的价格 祝愉快
Ladies and gentlemen, my first trick of the evening...
各位 我今晚的…
is one that involves considerable risk.
第一个表演非常危险
Anyone in the audience who would be irrevocably damaged...
怕看到有人被淹死的观众
by seeing a man drown should leave now.
请离席
For when I tell you the young lady who taught me this illusion...
教我这招魔术的女孩
actually died performing it...
在表演时溺死
you will understand the seriousness of the dangers involved.
你们应该了解这有多危险
Let's begin.
开始吧
In my travels, I have seen the future...
我在旅行中看见了未来
and it is a strange future indeed.
非常奇异的未来
The world, ladies and gentlemen...
各位先生女士
is on the brink of new and terrifying possibilities.
这世界面临崭新骇人的可能性
What you're about to witness is not magic.
你们即将目睹的不是魔术
It is purely science.
而是纯粹的科学见证
I would like to invite you to come up on-stage now...
尽管上台来
so that you can examine the machine for yourselves.
亲自检查这台机器
Man's reach exceeds his imagination.
人类的成就远远超过想象力
Bravo!
太棒了
Bravo! Bravo!
太棒了
Bravo. Bravo.
太棒了
One hundred performances.
一百场演出
Why? Does his method dictate that?
为什么?受限于手法?
Is it a publicity move? What is it?
或是宣传伎俩?
He's a no-talent magician,
他只是个瘪脚的魔术师
and they're calling him......the bloody best in England. Why?
凭什么被称为英国顶尖大师?
Fifty yards in a second. ln a second!
一秒钟移形五十码?
And all that we know is he uses a trap door.
我只知道他用暗门
Brilliant. What is going on under that stage?
太厉害了 舞台底下有什么玄机?
Why can't you outthink him?
你为什么猜不到?
They do this every night?
每晚演出后
After each performance, yeah?
都偷偷把它运走?
真正的移形遁影术
We're done.
我们没辙了
All right?
好吗?
Let him have his trick.
让他变他的
I don't need... I don't need his secret.
我不要他的秘诀
So...
所以…
don't go back there, you leave him alone.
别去了 离他远点
Both of us, just leave him alone.
我们俩都离他远一点
We're done.
我们输了
I told you, John...
我说过 约翰
I don't want you backstage on this one.
我不要你到后台
I would like to invite you to come up on-stage now...
尽管上台
so that you can examine the machine for yourselves.
亲自检查这台机器
- Hey, you, where do you think you're going? - I'm part of the bloody act, you fool.
- 你想去哪里?- 我是表演的一部分 猪头
Who was that?
那是谁?
Hey!
Where's the bloody key? Where's the bloody key?
钥匙在哪里?钥匙在哪里?
The blind man's got it!
在瞎子那里
Where's the bloody key? Bloody drowning!
钥匙在哪里?他快淹死了
Hold on!
撑着点
What have you done?
你做了什么?
Alfred Borden, you have been found guilty of the murder of Robert Angier.
艾佛·波登 你被判谋杀罗伯特·安杰有罪
You will be hanged by the neck until dead.
将被判处绞刑至死
May the Lord have mercy on your soul.
愿主让你的灵魂安息
Mr. Cutter?
柯特先生
Owens.
我是欧文
Oh, thank you for coming, Mr. Owens.
谢谢你赶来
It has fallen to me to dispose of Mr. Angier's equipment.
我必须处理安杰的魔术道具
But I noticed from this manifest...
我发现多半都…
that Lord Caldlow has purchased the bulk of the items.
被卡德洛爵士买走了
Mr. Cutter, if you needed to know where to deliver these items, surely you...
你想知道东西要送到哪里…
No, no. It's just there is one particular item...
不 只是有一件道具
this item, in fact, that I would like to...
就是这一件 我想要…
- You would like to...? - Buy.
- 你想要怎样?- 买下来
- Buy yourself? - Yeah, I suppose so.
- 你想买?- 对 没错
- This is the machine? - Yes.
- 就是这台机器?- 是的
Well, I'm afraid Lord Caldlow was adamant about purchasing this particular item.
恐怕卡德洛爵士会不肯割爱
Do you think I could talk to Lord Caldlow in person?
我能跟卡爵士私下谈一下吗?
Out of the question, I'm afraid.
想都别想
Of course...
不过
I suppose if, in the course of your delivery arrangements...
如果你在运送过程…
your paths were to cross...
无意间遇见他
- I can't stop you speaking your mind. - Thank you.
- 我也不能阻止你们说话 - 谢谢你
- Still here, Borden? - For now.
- 你还在啊 波登 - 是啊
Got a visitor.
你有访客
Lord Caldlow.
卡德洛爵士
With a little girl.
带着一个小女孩
Jess?
洁丝?
Hello, my love.
亲爱的
How are you? I've missed you so much.
你好吗?我好想你哦
And Fallon's missed you too. We both have.
法隆也想你 我们都想你
Daddy, can I come in there?
爸爸 我能进去吗?
Not right now. Not right now, darling.
现在不行 不行 甜心
No, but everything is gonna be all right.
放心 一切都不会有事的
- You must be Lord Caldlow. - Caldlow.
- 你一定是卡德洛爵士 - 卡洛德
Yes, I am.
我就是
I always have been.
我一直都是
They flatter you with all those chains, Alfred.
他们还替你戴手铐啊 艾佛
Don't they know you can't escape without your little rubber ball?
他们难道不知道 你没有小皮球绝对逃不了吗?
I pulled you out.
我把你…
Out of that tank.
从水箱拉出来
All I wanted to do was prove that I was a better magician...
我只想证明我比你厉害
but you couldn't leave me alone.
你却不放过我
I don't know what you've done...
我不知道你做了什么
but you're not afraid to get your hands dirty anymore, are you?
不过你不怕杀生弄脏手了
No, not anymore.
是啊 再也不怕了
And I win.
而且我赢了
Because no one cares about the man in the box, the man who disappears.
因为没有人在乎消失的人
You win?
你赢了?
This ain't a bloody competition anymore, Angier, this is my little girl's life.
这不是对决 事关我女儿的未来
And don't you dare put her in the middle of this.
你不能把她扯进来
Oh, I know how hard it is to have someone so special...
我了解心爱的人
taken away from me, don't l, Borden?
被人夺走的感受
And you can't take her with you now, can you?
你死了就不能带她走了
Oh, she'll be looked after.
我会好好照顾她的
- Goodbye, Professor. Come on, darling. - No, no, no. Stop, stop, stop. Look.
- 再见了 来吧 - 不…别走…你瞧
Here.
拿去
That's what you're after.
这是你一直想要的东西
That's what this is about.
一切都是为了这个
Take it.
拿去吧
- Your secret? - Yeah.
- 你的秘诀?- 对
You always were the better magician.
你一直都比我高杆
We both know that.
我们都很清楚
But whatever your secret was, I mean, you have to agree...
但是不管你有什么秘诀 你得承认
mine is better.
我的魔术比你厉害
Don't do this. Don't do this, Angier, no. Jess, Jess, Jess.
别这么做… 洁丝
Jess, I'm gonna take you home soon. I promise.
我答应要带你回家 我保证
- For God's sake, Borden. - I promise. Look.
- 拜托 - 我保证 瞧
I promise.
我保证
I love you, Jess. I love you.
我爱你 洁丝 我爱你
- Come on. Come on. - I love you. I love you, Jess.
- 来吧 - 我爱你 洁丝
Angier. Angier!
安杰 安杰
What, you think this place can hold me?
你以为这地方困得住我吗?
Angier! They're gonna bloody hang me!
安杰 我会被吊死
They're gonna bloody hang me! You can put a stop to this now!
我会被吊死 你可以阻止他们
- Listen! Listen! That man...! - Just shut up.
- 听着 听着 那个人 - 闭嘴
Listen, that man is the one I'm meant to have killed!
那个人是大家以为被我杀死的人
You blind bastard, listen to me!
猪头 听我说
- If he's alive, I'm not guilty! - Guards!
- 他没死 我就没罪 - 警卫
- I'm not guilty! - I don't care! Get hold of him!
- 我没罪 - 抓住他
- Goodbye, Professor. - Angier!
- 再见了 大师 - 安杰
Run along now.
出去玩吧
Sir. There's a gentleman waiting.
老爷 有位先生在等你
Dear God.
老天爷
Hello, Cutter.
你好 柯特
You're... You're still alive.
你还活着
How is it you're still alive, Robert?
你怎么会没死?
I saw you on a slab, for God's sake.
我看到你的尸体
- Child. - Good night, sir.
- 孩子 - 晚安 先生
Good night, Jess.
晚安 洁丝
I've seen her before.
我见过她
I saw her in court with Fallon.
她在法庭跟法隆在一起
- What have you done? - Well, she needs looking after.
- 你做了什么?- 她需要有人照顾
She needs her father.
她需要她的父亲
You're letting him hang, and I helped you.
你害他被处死 我成了帮凶
I came here to beg Lord Caldlow to let me destroy that machine.
我是来求卡爵士让我毁了机器的
I am not gonna beg you for anything.
我再也不会求你做任何事了
You don't have to. I'm gonna make sure that machine's never used again.
用不着 我再也不会使用它了
Then, Lord Caldlow...
那么 卡德洛爵士
where do you want me to deliver it?
你要我把它运到哪里?
My theater.
我的剧院
It belongs with the Prestige materials.
和其它道具放在一起
John, I tried not to involve you.
我试着不牵涉到你
So...
所以…
we go alone now.
咱们俩要分道扬镳了
Both of us.
咱们俩…
Only I don't have as far to go as you.
只是我不能活得像你一样久
No.
不能
You were right, I should have left him to his damn trick.
你是对的 我不该去招惹他
I'm sorry.
对不起
I'm sorry for a lot of things.
我对很多事都感到抱歉
I'm sorry about Sarah.
我对不起莎拉
I didn't mean to hurt her.
我不是要故意伤害她
I didn't.
我不是故意的
You go live your life in full now, all right?
你要好好活下去 好吗?
You live for both of us.
替咱们俩活下去
Goodbye.
永别了
Are you watching closely?
你在仔细看吗?
Put it down the end.
放在这里
Take a minute to consider your achievement.
想想你的伟大成就
I once told you about a sailor who described drowning to me.
我说过一个水手溺死的感觉
Yes, he said it was like going home.
你说他觉得就像回到家一样
I was lying. He said it was agony.
我说谎 他说痛苦至极
Alfred Borden...
艾佛·波登
this day, in the name of the king and the High Court of England...
我以国王与最高法庭之名
you will meet your end.
将你判处死刑
No one cares about the man in the box.
没人在乎消失的人
Cutter?
柯特?
Cutter?
柯特
Do you have anything to say?
你有什么遗言?
Abracadabra.
天灵灵地灵灵
A brother.
你们是…
A twin.
双胞胎兄弟
You were Fallon the whole time.
你一直伪装成法隆?
No.
We were both Fallon.
我们都是法隆
And we were both Borden.
也都是波登
Were you...? Were you the one who went into the box...
你是消失的…
or the one who came back out?
还是现身的那个人?
We took turns.
我们会轮流
The trick is where we would swap.
重点就在于我们互换身分
Cutter knew. Cutter knew. But I told him it was too simple, too easy.
柯特早就知道了 但我说这太简单 太容易了
No.
Simple maybe, but not easy.
或许很简单 但是不容易
There's nothing easy about two men sharing one life.
两个人共享一个生活并不容易
I don't understand how it can be bleeding again.
我不懂 怎么又流血了?
What about Olivia? And your wife?
奥莉薇雅呢?你的妻子呢?
We each loved one of them.
我们各有所爱
I loved Sarah.
我爱莎拉
He loved Olivia.
他爱奥莉薇雅
We each had half of a full life, really, which was enough for us.
我们各拥有一半的生活 这样对我们已经足够
Just.
只不过…
But not for them.
对她们却不够
See, sacrifice, Robert, that's the price of a good trick.
自我牺牲才是精彩魔术的代价
But you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?
但是你完全不能体会 不是吗?
I've made sacrifices.
我也做了牺牲
- No. - Yes.
- 没有 - 我有
It takes nothing to steal another man's work.
偷学别人不用花任何力气
It takes everything.
我尽了一切努力
No. No. No, wait! I'm the...!
不 等等 我是…
It took courage.
这需要勇气
It took courage to climb into that machine every night...
我每晚都要鼓起勇气走进机器
not knowing if I'd be the man in the box...
不知道自己会消失不见…
or in the Prestige.
或是神奇现身
Do you wanna...? Do you wanna see what it cost me?
你想看看我的代价吗?
You didn't see where you are, did you?
你还没看过这地方吧?
Look. Look.
你看 你看
I don't care.
我不在乎
You went halfway around the world.
你到了世界另一端
You spent a fortune.
花了一大笔钱
You did terrible things.
做出可怕的事
Really terrible things, Robert.
真正可怕的事
And all for nothing.
结果什么都没得到
- For nothing? - Yeah.
- 什么都没得到?- 对
You never understood why we did this.
你不懂我们为什么要变魔术
The audience knows the truth.
观众知道真相
The world is simple. It's miserable.
现实既残酷又悲惨
Solid all the way through.
没有奇迹 没有魔法
But if you could fool them, even for a second...
但是如果你能骗倒他们 即使只有一秒钟
then you could make them wonder.
就能让他们惊叹
And then you....
然后你就能…
Then you got to see something very special.
然后你就能看到非常特别的事
You really don't know?
你真的不知道吗?
It was... It was the look on their faces.
那就是观众脸上的表情
Every magic trick consists of three parts or acts.
每一场魔术表演都有三个步骤
The first part is called the Pledge.
第一个步骤是 "以虚代实"
The magician shows you something ordinary.
魔术师先秀出一个真实的东西
The second act is called the Turn.
第二个步骤是 "偷天换日"
The magician takes the ordinary something...
魔术师利用这个普通的东西
and makes it into something extraordinary.
做出令人叹为观止的表演
But you wouldn't clap yet...
但是你还不会鼓掌
because making something disappear isn't enough.
因为把东西变不见还不够
You have to bring it back.
你必须把它变回来
Hey.
Now you're looking for the secret.
现在你想找出秘诀
But you won't find it because, of course, you're not really looking.
但是绝对找不到 因为你没真正在看
You don't really want to work it out.
你并不是真的想知道
You want to be fooled.
你想要被骗