在云端 Up in the Air

上映日期: 2,009

语言: 英语

影片类型: 剧情 / 爱情

导演: 贾森·雷特曼

演员: 乔治·克鲁尼 / 安娜·肯德里克 / 维拉·法米加 / 杰森·贝特曼 / 艾米·莫顿 / 梅兰妮·林斯基 / J·K·西蒙斯 / 山姆·艾里奥特 / 丹尼·麦克布莱德 / 扎克·加利凡纳基斯 / 克里


台词
本字幕由 YYeTs人人影视 翻译制作欢迎爱好者加入我们 www.YYeTs.net
后期: L.P
This land is your land
This land is my land
From California
Well to the New York island
From the Redwood Forest
To the Gulf Stream waters
I tell you
This land was made for you and me
在云端
As I was walking down that ribbon of a highway
I saw above me all that endless skyway
Now I saw below me that golden valley
And I said
This land was made for you and me
This land is your land
This land is my land
From riven south California
Up to the stacking island
Well down to us to Georgia
Who's then touches on L.A.
Yeah, you know this is your land
This land is my land
This land is your land
You gotta believe it.
It's my land
This is what I get in return
我给公司卖命30年
for 30 years of service for my company?
就换来这个结局吗
And they send some yo-yo like you in here,
还派你这个小丑来这里
To try to tell me that I'm out of a job?
来告诉我被炒鱿鱼了吗
They should be telling you you're out of a job.
他们应该炒了你才对
You have a lot of gall, coming in here
你好大的胆子 敢来这里
and firing your No.1 producer.
解雇我这种一流的制片人
And then you're going to go home tomorrow
然后你明天回去就能拿到
and make more money than you've ever made in your life.
你这辈子最多的工资
And I'm going to go home without a pay cheque. Fuck you!
我却没钱糊口 去你妈的
I just I guess you leave me dumbfounded.
我完全没有心理准备
I don't know where this is coming from.
怎么会这样
How am I supposed to go back as a man and
我回家要怎么跟我妻子解释
explain this to my wife that I lost my job?
我失业了
On a stress level, I've heard that losing
我听说在心理压力水平上
your job is like a death in the family.
失业和亲人去世的打击是一样的
But personally, I feel more like
可我现在的感觉却是
The people I worked with were my family and I died.
我的同事是我的家人 而我死了
I can't afford to be unemployed.
我真的不能失业
I have a house payment, I have children.
我要还房贷 我还有孩子
I don't know how you can live with yourself,
我不知道你是怎么熬过来的
But I'm sure that you'll find a way
但我们因你而受折磨时
while the rest of us are suffering.
你肯定非常心安理得
Who the fuck are you, man?
你他妈到底是谁啊
Excellent question. Who the fuck am I?
问的好 我他妈到底是谁
Poor steve has worked here for seven years.
可怜的史蒂夫已经在这工作7年了
He's never had a meeting with me before
他从没和我一起开过会
or passed me in the hall,
或是在大厅上碰到过我
or told me a story in the break room.
或在休息区给我讲过故事
That's because I don't work here.
那是因为我不在这工作
I work for another company
我在另一家公司工作 而我的工作
that lends me out to pussies like Steve's boss
就是帮助史蒂夫的上司这种懦夫
who don't have the balls to sack their own employees,
他们没有胆量出面解雇员工
in some cases for good reason.
有时他们的担心是对的
Because people do crazy shit when they get fired.
因为有些人被解雇后是会发飙的
Did I do something wrong?
是我做错什么了吗
I mean, is there something I could do differently here?
没有改正的机会了吗
This is not an assessment of your productivity.
这并不是对你能力的怀疑
Try not to take this personally.
更不是针对你个人
Don't... personally.
不是针对我
Steven, I want you to reveal this packet.
史蒂文 我希望你打开这份资料
Take it seriously.
仔细看看
I think you're gonna find a lot of good answers in here.
你肯定会从中找到满意的答案的
I'm sure this is gonna be very helpful. A packet.
肯定这会很有用的 一份资料
Thank you... A packet.
多谢你 还有你的资料
Well, anybody who ever built an empire
每个建立了帝国
or changed the world
或者曾改变过世界的人
sat where you are right now.
都经历过你现在的处境
And it's because they sat there they were able to do it.
也正是这种困境铸就了他们的成功
That's the truth.
这是个真理
I'm gonna need your keycard.
把你的门禁卡交给我
Great. Ok.
好的 很好
Now, I want you to take the day,
今天你可以慢慢来
go get together your personal things,
收拾一下自己的东西
Then tomorrow, you get yourself some exercise.
明天可以去锻炼身体
You go out for a jog,
出去跑跑步
You give yourself some routines
给自己找点事干
and pretty soon you find your legs.
不用多久你就可以从头再来了
How do I get in touch with you?
我怎么能才能跟你联系
Don't worry, we'll be in touch with you soon.
别担心 我们很快就会和你联系的
This is just the beginning.
这只是个开始
I'll never see Steve again.
当然 我不会联系史蒂夫的
To know me is to fly with me.
想了解我就要和我一起飞过云端
This is where I live.
这里就是我的家
When I run my card, this is the model and automatic prompts
每当我刷完卡 总是会听到
the deskclerk to greet me with this exact states.
前台小姐一成不变的寒暄
Pleasure to see you again, Mr Bingham.
很高兴又见到你 宾汉姆先生
It's these kinds of systemized friendly touches
正是这种机械的笑脸
that keep my world in orbit.
让我的生活保持正轨
All the things you probably hate about travelling
关于出行 所有令人讨厌的方面
the recycled air, the artificial lighting,
诸如 循环空气 人工灯光
the digital juice dispensers,
自动分装的果汁
the cheap sushi
廉价的寿司
are warm reminders that I'm home.
对我来说却像家一样温暖
Do you want the can sir?
先生您需要罐装饮料吗
- The what? - Do you want the can sir?
-什么 -您需要罐装饮料吗
- The cancer? - The can...sir?
-癌症 -罐装饮料 先生
Oh, no. I'm fine, thank you.
不用了 谢谢
汉普顿酒店
下午5点 vista房间
瑞恩·宾汉姆 你的背包里有什么
How much does your life weigh?
你的生活究竟有多重
Imagine for a second that you're carrying a backpack.
想象一下你正背着一个背包
I want you to feel the straps on your shoulders.
感受一下你肩上的压力
Feel 'em?
感觉到了吗
Now I want you to pack it with
现在 把你生活中
all the stuff that you have in your life.
所有的东西都装进去
Start with the little things,
先从小的东西开始
the things on shelves and in drawers
架子上 抽屉里的小玩意
the knick-knacks, the collectibles.
小摆设 收藏品
Feel the weight as that adds up.
感受一下这些给你带来的压力
Then you start adding larger stuff,
然后是大件的
clothes, table-top appliances, lamps, linens, your TV
衣物 餐具 灯 家纺和电视
The backpack should be getting pretty heavy now.
背包应该已经很重了吧
And you go bigger.
还有更大的呢
Your couch, bed, your kitchen table.
沙发 床 餐桌
Stuff it all in there. Your car, get it in there.
所有东西都塞进去 车也塞进去
Your home, whether it's a studio apartment
房子 不论是一居室
or a two-bedroom house.
还是两室的公寓
I want you to stuff it all into that backpack.
统统塞到背包里
Now try to walk.
现在背着它走两步
It's kind of hard, isn't it?
有点困难 不是吗
This is what we do to ourselves on a daily basis.
这就是我们每天在做的事
We weigh ourselves down until we can't even move.
我们不堪重负无法前进
And make no mistake... Moving is living.
如果我没弄错 只有向前才是生活
Now, I'm gonna set that backpack on fire.
现在我要烧了这个包
What do you want to take out of it?
你想把什么拿出来
Photos?
照片吗
Photos are for people who can't remember.
有遗忘症的人才需要照片
Drink some ginkgo and let the photos burn.
喝点银杏酒 烧了照片吧
In fact, let everything burn and imagine
实际上 如果把它们全烧了
waking up tomorrow with nothing.
想象一下明早一无所有
It's kind of exhilarating, isn't it?
非常让人愉快 不是吗
上将俱乐部
Welcome back, Mr. Bingham.
欢迎回来 宾汉姆先生
Ryan Bingham's office.
这是瑞恩·宾汉姆的办公室
You have me in a Dodge Stratus in Kansas city.
你竟然让我在堪萨斯开迷你轿车
They were out of all full-size sedans.
他们已经没有全长轿车了
Did you try...
你是否试过
Yes, I reminded them of your remarkable
我说了你是他们的超级VIP
No.1 gold club status and years in the program.
加入俱乐部多年
They are literally moving mountains to see you in a Sebring.
他们正在尽力给你安排豪华轿车
Fair enough. Any other messages?
这还差不多 还有其他事吗
Er...your sister Kara called.
你姐姐凯拉打过电话
Needs to speak urgently about your sister's wedding.
说关于你妹妹的婚礼 有些很紧急的事
I told her you were mid-air,
我说你在飞机上
and not even I knew your destination.
就连我也不知道你的目的地
Well done.
很好
You got an invitation
还有一份邀请函
to speak at goalquest in Vegas.
请你去维加斯做关于目标探寻的演讲
Goalquest 20?
目标探寻20问
Every once in a while, I do speaking engagements,
每隔一段时间我会做个演讲
motivational stuff. But goalquest?
关于励志之类的 可是目标探寻
We're talking major Tony Robbins shit.
讲的却是托尼·罗宾斯那套屁话
It's got a hologram on it. They're calling it Dos Equis.
上边有防伪标签 通过欧洲质量认证
- All right, I'll check in. - Wait a while,
-我会看看的 -等等
I've got er... Craig Gregory for you.
克雷格·格利高里找你
Wait no... I-I-er...
等等 我
Fuck.
How is my little road warrior?
我的飞行战士怎么样啊
Hey, 20 minutes from boarding into a world of bliss.
还有20分钟就要登机飞上西天了
Real good numbers out of phoenix, Ry guy.
正是涅磐的好时机啊 小瑞
You know that big auto is about to cut
有家大的汽车公司月底前
another 10k before the end of the month?
又要裁掉1万人 你听说没有
No kidding.
真的假的
Yeah Christmas came early.
可以提前过年了
I wish I could have you in about five places at once,
真希望你能一次去5个地方
but I do need you back here in
但你周末前得回
Omaha by the end of the week. Alright?
奥马哈来 好吗
I thought you needed me everywhere.
不是说要我去全国各地吗
Yeah well you know, we got something real big here,
没错 但有件非常重要的事
a real game changer.
转折性事件
What are we talking about here?
你在说什么呢
You'll see. Today
到时候就知道了 今天
I took my first crap in two weeks, hallelujah.
我终于拉出了2周一来第一泡屎 哈利路亚
That's me hanging up on you.
我要挂了
Great, love that sound.
很好 我喜欢那声音
达拉斯
希尔顿大酒店
Are you satisfied with Maestro?
你对曼斯特租车公司满意吗
Yeah, I am.
是的 还好
A little stingy with their miles. I like Hertz.
计算里程上有点小气 我喜欢赫兹
No, Hertz keeps its vehicles too long.
赫兹的车太旧了
If a car has over 20,000 miles, I won't drive it.
我不会开一辆里程超过2万英里的车的
Maestro doesn't instant checkout.
曼斯特不能即时退车
I like the park-and-go.
我喜欢停下车就走
Hertz doesn't guarantee navigation.
赫兹的车连GPS都不是每辆都有
It's funny.
真有趣
You don't seem like a girl who needs directions.
你可不像是个需要引路的女人
I hate asking for directions. That's why I get a nav.
我讨厌问路 所以我需要GPS
That new outfit, Colonial, isn't bad.
有家新开的科龙尼租车公司还不错
- Is that a joke? - Yes.
-你在开玩笑么 -没错
Their kiosk placement blows.
它的停车场又小又逊
They never have available upgrades.
而且永远没有新车
Basically, it's a fleet of shit boxes.
基本就是一堆垃圾
I don't know how they're still in business.
真不懂他们怎么抢到生意的
- I'm Ryan. - I'm Alex.
-我是瑞恩 -我是艾丽克斯
Maplewood card. How dare you bring that into this palace?
枫树卡 你竟然把它带进希尔顿
Hilton offers equal value and better food but the
这里的格调和食物更好
maplewood gives out warm cookies at check-in.
但枫树会在你入住时送贴心曲奇
They got you with the cookies, didn't they?
几个曲奇就收买你了吗
Yeah I'm a sucker for simulated hospitality.
这种伎俩总是能骗到我这种傻瓜
There's an industry term for that.
有专有名词形容那个的
It's a mixture of faux and homey - faumey.
是虚伪和舒适的混合 假舒适
Oh my god!
我的天哪
I wasn't sure this actually existed.
我都不知道这卡真的存在
This is the american airlines...
这是美国航空的那个
It's a concierge key, yeah.
至尊会员卡
- What is that, carbon fibre? - Graphite.
-是碳纤维做的吗 -石墨的
Oh, I love the weight.
手感真的很不错
That's for excited today that bad boy came in.
这种东西就是用来泡姑娘的
Yeah I'll say.
没错
I put up pretty pedestrian numbers.
我积攒的里程数也不少了
60 thou a year, domestic.
我一年在国内飞了6万英里
- That's not bad. - Don't patronise me.
-还不错 -不要这样鄙视我
- What's your total? - It's a personal question.
-你一共飞了多少 -这是个私人问题
- Please. - And we hardly know each other.
-得了吧 -而且我们才认识不久
Show some hubris.
拿出点气势来
Come on, impress me.
来 刺激我一下
- I bet it's huge. - You have no idea.
-我猜一定很远 -远的超出你的想象
How big? What is it, this big?
有多远 这么远
This big?
还是这么远
I don't want to brag.
我不想吹牛
Oh, come on! Come on.
来吧 说吧
Let's just say I have a number in mind. I haven't hit it yet.
这么说吧 我有个目标但还没达到
This is pretty fucking sexy.
这东西真他妈性感
Hope it doesn't cheapen our relationship.
希望它不会让我们的关系变的低俗
We're two people who get turned on by elite status.
两个能因为会员卡聊天的人
I think cheap is our starting point.
关系从一开始就已经低俗了
There's nothing cheap about loyalty.
忠实于一个品牌并不低俗
So we came up with this master plan, which was for me...
我们想了个绝妙的计划 就是让我
...to put gauze, to put bandages on both my hands.
在手上缠上绷带纱布之类的
Then we got on the plane,
然后我们上了飞机
transatlantic, flying to erm...Zurich.
穿越大西洋 飞往苏黎世
I walked up, waited till it was dark,
一直等到天色暗了
and I walked up to the bathroom with her.
我起身和她一起去卫生间
Everybody was watching the movie ouutside...
其他人都在外面看电影
Opened up, went inside. She opened the door for me,
打开门进去 她帮我开门
and came in like she was gonna help me.
然后进来 就像是她在帮我
We gave it our best shot. It wasn't great.
我们尽力而为了 尽管演技很差
But it was fun. It was tricky.
但却很有意思 情况很复杂
Give me some details.
说具体一点
Well it's not so easy. Have you ever tried it?
那可不容易 你试过没有
Yes, I have.
我当然试过
- Really? - Really.
-真的假的 -当然是真的
- You've done that? - I have done that.
-你那么干过 -没错
- On a transatlantic flight? - On a domestic flight
-在跨大西洋的航班上 -不是 国内航班
Regional, actually.
事实上是短途的
- At night-time? - Daytime.
-晚上吗 -白天
- What? - And how'd you do that?
-怎么了 -你怎么做到的
Oh, I'm really flexible.
我柔韧性很好的
Ah, I should throw these out.
我真该把这些都扔了
We can always use that room with the ice machine.
我们可以去那个有制冰机的房间
Aha, here I like.
终于开了
Good call on that towel rack.
毛巾系的真不错
I like how you burritoed me in the sofa cushions.
我喜欢你在沙发上抱着我的感觉
I was improvising.
我也是灵光一闪
Shame we didn't make it to the closet.
没能去壁橱里大干一场真是遗憾
- We got to do this again. - Oh, yeah.
-我们一定要再来一次 -当然
I'm in Newark on the 12th, Modesto on the 13th...
我12号在纽瓦克 13号在莫代斯托
Oklahoma city on the 15th...
15号在俄克拉荷马
Any southwest?
有西南部的没
I'll be swinging by Albuquerque week of the 16th.
我16号那周会在阿尔布开克附近
No, I'm in Florida on the 20th.
没有 但我20号会在佛罗里达
Florida
佛罗里达
- Miami. - That's nothing.
-迈阿密 -那又怎么样
40 minutes.
到你那里40分钟
I should probably go back to my room
我该回自己房间了
so I can wake up in my bed.
这样就可以在自己床上醒来了
I think that would be the ladylike thing to do.
我觉得那样很有淑女风范
- Nice meeting you. - A pleasure.
-很高兴和你见面 -荣幸之至
- Hello? - Hey, Ryan, how are you holding up?
-你好 -瑞恩 最近怎么样
Every family has the one person
每个家庭都有一个
who keeps the genealogy in check.
让家庭成员保持联系的人
That's my sister kara - the glue.
就是我姐姐凯拉 我们家的粘合剂
Fine. You and the kids?
挺好的 你和孩子们怎么样
Missy's outstanding, Matthew made varsity.
米西棒极了 马修进了校队
- How's the road? - Couldn't be better.
-旅途怎么样 -棒极了
- Good. So, Ryan? - Yeah?
-很好 瑞恩 -什么事
I didn't even want to have to ask you this,
我真不想开口求你
because I know how you are about doing things for others.
我知道你不喜欢帮别人的忙
But we're coming up on three weeks to go to Julie's wedding
但还有三周就是茱莉的婚礼了
and there's something we could really use your help on.
我需要你帮个忙
Yeah?
什么事
We've been sending people these kits,
我们打算给大家寄一些人形立牌
so they can print out photos of Julie and Jim on cardbord,
大家可以把他俩的照片印在纸板上
and then take photos of them in interesting places,
然后在一些有趣的地方用它拍照
kinda like that gnome in the french movie.
就像法国电影里的那个矮人那样
Why?
为什么
Because it's Julie's wedding and she thinks it would be fun.
因为是茱莉的婚礼 她觉得好玩
Does it matter why?
理由重要吗
How is Julie?
茱莉怎么样
Would you call her. She thinks you've turned to butter.
打个电话给她吧 她还以为你消失了呢
You're awfully isolated how you live.
你现在的生活方式有点与世隔绝
Isolated? I'm surrounded.
与世隔绝 我周围全是人
So your assistant said you were gonna be in Vegas.
你助理说你要去维加斯
Did he?
他这么说的吗
Can you get a photo of the cut-out
你能去那家奢华的金字塔酒店前
In front of the luxor pyramid?
给他们拍张照吗
The place is a shithole. Nobody stays there.
没人会住在那种鬼地方的
Jesus, Ryan, I'm not asking you to check in.
天 瑞恩 我没让你住那里
Can you just take a stupid photo?
只是去照一张傻乎乎的照片不行吗
I'll try my best.
我尽力而为
Thank you for trying your best.
谢谢你的尽力而为
奥马哈
Last year, I spent 322 days on the road,
去年 我有322天都在旅途中
which means I had to spend 43 miserable days at home.
也就是说我在家度过了糟糕的43天
- Hey, neighbour. -Hey. Hi.
-你好 邻居 -你好
I signed for this while you were gone
你不在时我帮你签收的
Oh, thanks.
谢谢
- I hope it wasn't too much of a bother. - Nah.
-麻烦你了 -没什么
It's my sister. I haven't met the guy yet.
是我妹妹 我还没见过那个家伙
They're getting married.
他们结婚了
- Lots of luck. - I know, right?
-真幸福 -没错
What are you doing tonight? You wanna come over later?
你今晚什么安排 有兴趣来聊聊天吗
Um...I've started seeing somebody.
我已经有男朋友了
Oh. Ok. Great.
好吧 很好
Hey, it's good to see you.
很高兴见到你
- You too. - It seems like it's been a while this time.
-我也是 -你这次出差真的很久
Ok.
好了
I am just I'm thrilled that everyone's
大家都回来了 我太激动了
back under one roof. Welcome home, boys.
兄弟们 欢迎你们回家
I know there's been a lot of whispering about
我知道关于这次会议有很多传言
why we're here, so let me jump right in.
那我就开门见山好了
Retailers are down 20%.
零售商的数量下降了20%
Auto industry is in the dump.
汽车业也在衰弱
Housing market doesn't have a heartbeat.
房地产业几近停滞
It is one of the worst times on record for America.
这是美国史上最糟糕的时期之一
This is our moment.
而我们的时机来了
Now, last summer, we received a
去年夏天一位活力四射的女士
dynamite young woman here from Cornell.
加入了我们 来自于康奈尔大学
And she had some pretty big ideas
她提出了一个庞大的设想
that she challenged me with.
希望得到我的认可
My first reaction was,
起初我的反应是
"Who does this kid think that she is?"
这个孩子太自以为是了
But after I gave it a listen,
但听了她的意见后
She really knocked me out. So...
却让我大吃一惊 所以
With a peek into our future.
让我们一起放眼未来
Natalie Kenner
有请娜塔莉·吉娜
If there's one word I want to leave you with today,
今天我想介绍给大家的
It's this.
就是这个词
Glocal?
全球本地化
Glocal.
互联网远程会议系统
Our global must become local.
全球化必须变成本地化
This company keeps 23 people on the road
我公司的23名雇员奔波在全国各地
At least 250 days a year.
每年至少要出差250天
It's expensive and it's inefficient.
支出高 效率低
When I came to Craig three months ago with this,
3个月前 我找克雷格谈这个问题
He told me, and quite astutely,
他很敏锐的告诉我
It's only a problem if you have a solution.
如果这是个问题 就有解决方法
Well, today I stand before you with just that.
今天我在此为大家展示的是这个
You all know Ned in reception.
大家都认识前台的奈德吧
Today I'm gonna fire Ned.
今天我要解雇奈德
Sorry, Ned
抱歉 奈德
I'm sure HR will hire you back this afternoon.
相信今天下午人力资源部会重新雇佣你
We'll see about that.
那可不一定
Ned could be any employee in any one
假设奈德是我们全球
of our clients' locations worldwide.
任意一家客户公司的雇员
Strategy packets will be shipped in advance.
解决方案会提前送到他手中
Ned will be given a seat and find one of
然后安排奈德
our transition specialists waiting for him.
与我们的调解专员见面
Mr Laskin, the reason we're having this conversation
拉斯金先生 今天与你谈话的原因是
As your position is no longer available.
你原先的职位被取消了
I don't understand. I'm fired?
我不明白 我被解雇了
Hearing the words "you've been let go" is never easy.
听到这个消息一定很难过
Changes are always scaring.
改变总是令人恐惧
But consider the following.
但是想想接下来的路
Anybody who ever built an empire or
每个建立了帝国或者曾
changed the world
改变过世界的人都
sat where you are now.
经历过你的处境
And it's because they sat there
也正是这种困境
that they were able to do it.
铸就了他们的成功
My fucking line.
全他妈照搬我的话
But what happens now?
我现在该怎么办
This is the first step of a process that will
第一步是帮你找到
end with you in a new job that fulfils you.
合适的新工作
Yeah, but how does it work?
但到底应该怎么做
I want you to take the packet in front of you.
看一下你面前的资料
Review it - all the answers
看过后 所有问题
you're looking for are inside.
都会迎刃而解
Start filling out the necessary information and before
填写必要的信息
You know it you'll be on your way to new opportunities.
不知不觉中 你将开始新的求职旅程
Now Ned, I need you to go back to your desk
现在 奈德
and start putting together your things.
回去收拾好你的东西
As a favour to me, I'd appreciate it
帮我个忙 希望你
If you didn't spread the news just yet.
不告诉别人这件事
Panic doesn't help anyone.
恐慌没有任何用处
I understand.
我明白
Give applaud for Ned.
请为奈德鼓掌
You can start the morning in Boston,
你可以早晨起来在波士顿
stop in Dallas over lunch,
中途在达拉斯吃午餐
and finish the day in San Francisco.
在旧金山结束一天的工作
All for the price of a T1 line.
这都是在线工作的优势
Our inflated travel budget is eviscerated by 85%.
我们高额的出行预算将减少85%
And more importantly, to you guys on the road,
对时常出差的你们来说 更重要的是
no more Christmases in a hotel in Tulsa,
不必再在塔尔萨的旅馆度过圣诞节
no more hours lost to weather delays.
不必因天气影响导致的航班推迟而发愁
You get to come home.
你们可以经常回家
Tell me you're not taking this seriously.
你不是真的想这样吧
That's why I brought the entire company
之所以全公司的人
in from the road,
都在到处奔波
Because we're not taking it seriously
就是因为我之前没把这些当回事
There is a methodology to what I do,
我有自己的一套方法
There is a reason why it works.
而且这样做行得通是有原因的
Coke and IBM have been doing this for years, alright?
可口可乐和IBM已经这样很多年了
You familiar with them?
你听说过他们吧
And just like anything else you know.
所以就和其他的一样
It's gonna take a few months of sorta transition
只需几个月来过渡
Then everybody is gonna settle in.
不久大家就会适应了
Who are you taking off the road?
你想把谁从出差名单上剔除
How are you not getting this?
怎么说你才能明白呢
You are grouned. Everybody's grounded.
你不必出差了 所有人都不用了
It's done.
就这么定了
What we do here is brutal.
我们的工作很残酷
And it does leave people devastated.
让别人陷于绝望
But there is a dignity to the way I do it.
但我的方式为他们保留了尊严
By stabbing them in the chest
正面给他们一刀
instead of the back, right?
而不是背后袭击 是吧
You wanted to see me?
你找我
You know what? Yeah, come on in.
是的 进来 进来
- Great job out there. - Thank you.
-你的表现很好 -谢谢
- How's everyone taking it? - Great.
-大家觉得怎么样 -很好
Listen, I admire your...zeal.
我很欣赏你的 热情
And I think you have some very good ideas.
你的想法也很好
But you know nothing about the realities of my industry.
但你根本并不了解这类工作现状
You can set up an ichat,
你可以安排视频对话
but you don't know how people think.
但你不懂他们的想法
- Actually I minored in psychology. - Nice.
-事实上 我辅修过心理学 -很好
- Ok, kiddo, fire me. - Ryan
-好吧 丫头 来解雇我 -瑞恩
She's going to be doing this on a regular basis.
让她实况体验一下
Don't you want to know if she can fire somebody?
你不想看看她是否有能力解雇别人吗
She's fired Ned.
她刚刚解雇了奈德
My dog can fire Ned.
我的狗都能解雇奈德
Fire me.
解雇我
You don't need to do this.
你不用这么做
No, it's ok. I got this.
不 没关系 让我来
Mr Bingham,
宾汉姆先生
I regret to inform you that your position
很抱歉通知您
at this company is no longer available.
您之前在本公司的职位已经被取消了
- Who the hell are you? - My name is Miss Keener.
-你他妈是谁 -我叫吉娜
I'm here today to discuss your future.
我来与您探讨一下您的未来
My future?
我的未来
The only one who can fire me is Craig Gregory.
唯一有权解雇我的是克雷格·格利高里
Mr. Gregory hired me to handle this for him.
格利高里先生让我来替他处理
Handle what? Handle me?
处理什么 处理我吗
Mr. Gregory hired me,
格利高里先生雇佣了我
He's the only one who can fire me.
只有他才能解雇我
You know what? I'm gonna go talk to him.
我要去找他谈谈
- Mr Bingham... - No, no, no! You can't follow me.
-宾汉姆先生 -不 你不能追上来
You're on a computer screen, remember?
你在电脑屏幕上 记得吗
- Right. - Alright, let's try this again.
-是的 -让我们再来一遍
- Fire me again. - I just did.
-再来解雇我 -我刚刚已经做了
Actually, you didn't. Fire me.
但你却失败了 再来
That's enough. We get it.
够了 我明白了
Mr Bingham, I'm here today to inform you
宾汉姆先生 今天我来的目的是
That your position is no longer available.
告诉您您的职位被取消了
- I'm fired? - Yes, you're fired.
-我被解雇了 -是的 您被解雇了
- Never say fired. - You've been let go.
-别用解雇这个词 -公司不需要您了
Why?
为什么
This is a mythical situation.
这个场景是虚构的
How could I possibly know why?
我怎么会知道原因
Why doesn't matter, you never know why.
为什么不重要 你永远不知道为什么
It's important not to focus on the why and rather
关键不在于原因
to spend your energy thinking about your future.
而在于省下力气来为将来做打算
Well, I'm gonna spend my energy on suing you
除非你给我一个合理的解释
unless you give me a good reason why you're firing me.
否则我会省下力气起诉你的
Mr. Bingham, the reason's not important.
宾汉姆先生 原因并不重要
You're firing me without grounds?
所以你无缘无故地解雇了我
Now I really have a lawsuit.
看来我必须提出诉讼了
I get what you're trying to say, Ryan.
我明白你想说的了 瑞恩
Don't take this personally, Mr. Bingham.
我们并不是针对个人的 宾汉姆先生
Personally?
不针对个人
This is the most personal situation
你将干涉的
you are ever gonna enter,
就是我最私人的境况
before you try to revolutionise my business,
在你试图改革我的工作方式前
I'd like to know that you actually know my business.
我想知道你是否真的了解我的工作
That's a hell of a way to welcome her to the team.
以这种方式欢迎她太过分了
Am I the only one that sees that by doing this
只有我意识到了那样做的结果
we're making ourselves irrelevant?
会使我们和工作脱节吗
No, frankly, we're making you irrelevant.
不 坦白说 那只会让你脱节
- Nice. - Don't blame me.
-很好 -别迁怒于我
Blame high fuel costs,
要怪就怪高昂的燃料费
Blame insurance premiums, blame technology.
保险费 还有高科技
You better watch yourself,
你得跟上时代的发展
you're a little too young to become a dinosaur.
想变恐龙你还年轻了点
I'm not a dinosaur.
我才不是恐龙
I want you to show her the ropes.
我想让你带她熟悉行情
What do I know what goes on here? Get Ferguson to do it.
我又不清楚这里的情况 让弗格森去
I'm not talking about here.
没有商量的余地
- No. - Yeah.
-不行 -是的
C'mon you're very-very confident this
得了 你不是非常自信地认为
girl doesn't know what she's doing. So...
这个女孩的想法不切实际吗 所以
I'm sorry. I don't think a myspace page
抱歉 我认为单凭她自己的演示
qualifies you to rewire a company.
并不足以让整个公司进行改革
Well then great here's your chance. Go out,
很好 机会来了 去吧
show her the magic, take her through the paces.
施展你的魔法 带她熟悉环境
I'm not a fucking tour guide.
我才不他妈的当导游呢
Now here we go.
又来了
Bingham, here's the boat. And here's you.
宾汉姆 这是船 这是你
- Do you want to be in the boat? - Yeah, alone.
-你想上船吗 -是的 一个人
We're ringing the bell, we're rounding everybody up.
我们要开始实行了 每个人都必须参与
You want to stay out a bit longer, you're welcome
你想自己罢工的话 请自便
to do it, but you will not be alone. Ok?
但你不能自己一个人 明白吗
You let me know.
想通后告诉我
Oh, Christ.
我的天
- What? - Follow me.
-怎么了 -跟我来
I really like my luggage.
我很喜欢我的旅行箱
That's exactly what it is. It's a luggage.
没错 它确实是个旅行箱
You know how much time you lose checking in?
你知道你登机浪费了多久吗
I don't know. 5...10 minutes?
我不知道 5或10分钟吧
35 minutes a flight.
一次35分钟
I travel 270 days a year.
我一年出差270天
That's 157 hours.
就是157个小时
That makes seven days.
相当于浪费了7天
You willing to throw away an entire week on that?
你想花一周时间去拖那个箱子吗
You don't need this. Sorry, you don't need that.
这个 抱歉 你不需要这个
You're not gonna need that.
你不需要那个
They have neck pillows on the plane.
飞机上有气枕
Yeah this - they have better ones there.
这个 旅馆里有更好的
I'll get rid of this.
也可以扔了
I can just meet you at security.
我们可以在安检那里会合
Thank you.
谢谢
Bingo. Asians.
就是那了 亚洲人后面
You can't be serious.
你不是认真的吧
Never get behind people travelling with infants.
永远不要跟在带小孩的旅客后面
I've never seen a stroller collapse
我从没见过他们在20分钟内
in less than 20 minutes.
能把婴儿车折起来
Old people are worse.
跟在老年人后面就更糟了
Their bodies are littered with hidden metal.
他们总是不紧不慢的
And they never appreciate how
一点都不珍惜
little time they have left on earth.
他们所剩无几的时间
Here you go. 5 words.
那边 四个字形容
Randomly selected for additional screening.
随机抽检
Asians.
亚洲人
They pack light, travel efficiently and they've
他们行李很少 很讲效率
got a thing for slip-on shoes - God love 'em!
穿休闲皮鞋 就喜欢这样的
That's racist.
你这是种族歧视
I'm like my mother, I stereotype. It's faster.
我像我妈 对人保有成见 这样更快
你的背包里有什么 瑞恩·宾汉姆
You mad at your computer?
你对你的电脑有意见吗
I type with purpose.
我在干正事
What is it that you're working on so furiously?
什么事让你打字打得这么带劲
I'm building a workflow of firing techniques.
我在写一个裁员的工作流程
It's questions and responses, actions and reactions.
包括提问和答案 方式和反应
A script taking you through the steps of firing someone.
这个流程告诉你怎样解雇一个人
Who's it for?
给谁写的
Well, theoretically,
理论上
you could put it in the hands of anyone
你可以把它交给任何人
and they'd be downsizing immediately.
他们马上就能利用它来裁员
All you have to do is follow the steps.
只需按步骤来就行
Natalie, what is it you think we do here?
娜塔莉 你认为我们是干什么的
We prepare the newly-unemployed for the
我们帮助刚刚失业的人
emotional and physical hurdles of job hunting,
克服求职中精神和物质上的障碍
while minimising legal blowback.
同时将诉讼率降到最低
That's what we're selling. It's not what we're doing.
那是我们的卖点 不是我们要做的
Ok, what are we doing?
那么我们是干什么的
We are here to make limbo tolerable,
我们让地狱变得可以让人忍受
to ferry wounded souls across the river of dread
护送受伤的心灵渡过绝望的河流
until the point where hope is dimly visible.
到达一个几乎看不到希望的地方
And then stop the boat, shove 'em in the water
然后我们停船 把他们推到水里
and make 'em swim.
让他们自己游走
That's really impressive.
真令人印象深刻
You're gonna put that in your book?
你要写到书里吗
圣路易斯
Hey, I gotta grab this. I'll meet you at the car rental.
我得接个电话 你去汽车租赁处等我
OK!
好的
Hey, I was hoping I'd hear from you.
你好 我正盼着你来电话呢
I'm in Hotlanta and I need a rib-joint recommend bed.
我在亚特兰大 我需要张舒服的床
Fat matts. Bring a bib.
大床垫 记得带围兜
You never called.
你一直没给我打电话
Well, I wasn't sure what was appropriate.
我不确定是否合适
Appropriate?
合适
Ryan, I'm not some waitress
瑞恩 我不是什么
you banged in a snowstorm.
你在暴风雪夜带回家的女服务员
That word has no place in our vocabulary.
我们的词汇里没那个词
I'm the woman that you don't have to worry about.
我是一个不用你担心的女人
Sounds like a trap.
听起来像是陷阱
Listen. The next time that
听着 下次
you're worried about manners, don't.
别再考虑什么习俗
If you wanna call, call.
想打就打给我
Just think of me as yourself, only with a vagina.
只需要想我的阴道就好了
When am I gonna see you?
我们什么时候能见面
Well, I'm out of Hartsfield into IAD,
我要从哈兹菲尔德机场去杜勒斯
with a connection in ORD into SDF.
在芝加哥机场转机去路易斯维尔
- Sorry. - Yeah, tell me about it.
-真遗憾 -是啊
How long's your layover?
你中途停留多久
They got multiples into SDF. Can you push?
在路易斯维尔可以买连票 你能等我吗
Yeah, I can push.
当然 我能等
All you have to do today is watch and listen.
你今天要做的就是观察和聆听
And when I talk about a strategy packet,
当我讲到解决方案时
hand them one of those.
递上来一份就可以了
Sounds great.
好极了
So although I wish I were here with better news,
尽管我希望带来的是好消息
the fact is that you and I
但事实上
are sitting here today because
我们谈话的原因是
this will be your last week
这将是你在此公司
of employment at this company.
工作的最后一周
- Why me? - What am I supposed to do now?
-为什么是我 -我现在该怎么办
Am I supposed to feel better
我不是唯一被解雇的
I'm not the only one losing my job?
这样说我就能感觉好点了吗
This is ridiculous!
这太荒谬了
I have been a fine employee for over 10 years.
我在这里勤勤恳恳干了十多年了
And this is the way you treat me.
你们现在就这样对待我吗
How do you sleep at night, man?
你晚上能睡得着吗 兄弟
How's your family? They sleeping well at night?
你的家人呢 他们晚上能睡得好吗
Electricity still on?
你家有电吗
Heat still on, refrigerator full of food?
有暖气吗 冰箱里有充足的食物吗
Gas tank full of gas?
油箱里是满的吗
Going to Chuck E. Cheese this weekend or something?
这周末会去查克起司吗
Not me.
我去不了
No, my kids, we're not gonna do anything.
不 我的孩子们 我们什么都做不了
What do you suggest I tell them?
你给点建议 我该怎么告诉他们
Perhaps you're underestimating the positive effect
或许您低估了职业转变
that your career transition can have on your children.
可能给孩子们带来的积极影响
The positive effect?
积极影响
I make about 90 grand a year now.
我现在每年大约赚9万
Unemployment is what - 250 bucks a week?
而失业后每星期只能拿250块钱
Is that one of your positive effects?
这就是所谓的积极影响吗
Well we'll get to be cosier because
我还不起住房贷款了
I'm not gonna pay the mortgage for me house.
我怎么能过的舒坦
So maybe we can move into a nice fucking
我们只能搬到
one-bedroom apartment somewhere.
只有一间卧室的房子里住
And I guess without benefits,
我猜没有收入以后
I'll be able to hold my daughter as she,
万一我女儿哮喘病发作
you know, suffers from her asthma
我也只能抱着她
that I won't be able to afford the medication for.
因为我没钱送她去医院
Well...tests have shown that children
调查证明经受适当心理创伤的孩子
under moderate trauma have a tendency to
能够激发潜能
apply themselves academically...
提高成绩
..as a method of coping.
也是一种处理方式
Go fuck yourself.
去死吧你
That's what my kids'll think.
我的孩子们只会这么想
Your children's admiration is important to you?
孩子们的崇拜对你来说很重要是吧
Yeah, it was.
是的 很重要
Well, I doubt they ever admired you, Bob.
我怀疑他们是否崇拜过你 鲍勃
Hey, asshole, aren't you supposed to be consoling me?
混蛋 你不是来安慰我的吗
I'm not a shrink, Bob. I'm a wake-up call.
鲍勃 我不是心理专家 只是给你提个醒
You know why kids love athletes?
你知道孩子们为什么崇拜运动员吗
I don't know, because they screw lingerie models?
不知道 因为他们能搞内衣模特吗
No, that's why we love athletes.
不 那是我们喜欢运动员的原因
Kids love athletes
孩子们喜欢运动员
because they follow their dreams.
是因为他们追求自己的梦想
Well, I can't dunk.
但我不会扣篮
No, but you can cook.
是的 但你会烹饪
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
Your resume says that
你的简历上写着
You minored in French culinary arts.
你辅修过法国烹饪艺术
Most students, they work on the fryer at KFC,
大部分学生只会去肯德基打工
but you bussed tables at IL Picador to support yourself.
你却在皮卡多学了一门可以养家的手艺
Then you get out of college
你毕业后
and then you come and work here.
就来到了这工作
How much did they first pay you
他们最初给你多少薪水
to give up on your dreams?
让你放弃了梦想
27 grand a year.
一年2万7
And when were you going to stop
你打算什么时候离开这份工作
and come back and do what makes you happy?
去做你真正喜欢的事情
Good question.
问得好
I see guys who work at the same company
我见过一辈子
for their entire lives,
都在同一家公司工作的人
guys exactly like you.
就像你这样
They clock in, they clock out, and
他们打卡上下班
they never have a moment of happiness.
却从未感受过一丝开心
You have an opportunity here, Bob.
现在你的机会来了 鲍勃
This is a rebirth.
这是你重生的机会
If not for you, do it for your children.
如果不为自己 那就为你的孩子们
He just waltzes in and cuts in line?
你就这样让他插队吗
We reserve priority assistance
我们为我们希尔顿的荣誉会员
for our hilton honors members.
提供优先服务
The promotions are great. You should check it out.
这个促销不错 你应该试试
Hungry much?
你很饿吗
Our business expense allots $40 each for dinner.
我们公司有每人40美元的晚餐费
I plan on grabbing as many miles as I can.
我要尽可能得多积攒里程
Ok, you gotta fill me in on the miles thing.
你得告诉我里程是怎么回事
What is that about?
到底什么意思
Are you talking about... like frequent flyer miles?
你说的是 飞行里程吗
- You really want to know? - I'm dying to know.
-你真想知道吗 -我真想知道
I don't spend a nickel if I can help it
除非可以增加我的里程
unless it somehow profits my mileage account.
否则我一毛钱也不会多花
So what are you saving up for - Hawaii, south of France?
你积攒里程干嘛 去夏威夷 还是法国南部
It's not like that. The miles are the goal.
不是这样的 里程就是目标
That's it?
就这样吗
You're saving just to save?
为了攒里程而攒里程吗
Just say I have a number in mind and I haven't hit it yet.
只是说我的目标是个数字 但还没达到
That's a little abstract. What's the target?
挺抽象的 目标是多少
- I'd rather not. - Is it a secret target?
-我不想 -是个秘密吗
It's 10 million miles.
是一千万英里
Ok. Isn't 10 million just a number?
一千万不只是一个数字吗
Pi's just a number.
圆周率也只是一个数字
Well, we all need a hobby.
我们都需要有点自己的爱好
No, I... I don't mean to belittle your
我不是小看你
Collection. I get it. It sounds cool.
收藏 我理解 听起来很酷
I'd be the seventh person to do it.
我会是第7个做到的人
More people have walked on the moon.
多数人只能走一圈月球的周长
Do they throw you a parade?
会有颁奖典礼吗
You get lifetime executive status,
你会得到终身荣誉身份
You get to meet the chief pilot, Maynard Finch...
你可以认识总机长 梅纳德·芬奇
And they put your name on a side of plane.
并且可以把你的名字写在飞机上
Men get such hard-ons from putting their
男人总是很热衷把自己的名字
name on stuff. You guys don't grow up.
写在什么东西上 就像你们从来就没长大
It's like you need to pee on everything.
就像你们在各种东西上撒尿
Oh, now who's stereotyping?
现在倒底是谁有偏见
Fear of mortality. It's like, yeah, you're gonna die one day.
害怕死亡 就像 某天你会死掉
And why do you suppose that singular to men?
你为什么觉得只有男人才这样
Probably because you can't have babies.
大概是因为你们不能生孩子
The baby argument.
孩子的问题
If I had that many miles...
如果我有那么多里程
I would show up at an airport,
我会挑个机场
Look at the destination board, pick a place and go.
看着航线指示牌 随便挑一个终点飞走
我睡不着
我也是 只是躺在床上
你应该找个人共享床第之欢
Thank you for the advice.
谢谢你的建议
只有你也这么做才公平
我已经找了一个了
下次打电话给我 让我听听
做个好梦 要梦到我哦
Ok. Closer. Way closer.
近一点 走近一点
Still closer.
再近一点
Closer. Ok.
近一点 好
Er...A little left.
向左一点
Down a little.
向下一点
Too far. Up. Up one more inch.
太下面了 移上一点 在往上一寸
I don't get it. Why does your sister want a fake photo?
真不明白为什么你妹妹想要假照片
My sister is kooky. She thinks this is
我妹妹是个怪人 她觉得这样
charming. It's like the gnome thing.
很有魅力 就像守护神什么的
No, I mean, why would she want a fake
不 我是指为什么你妹妹要张
photo in front of st louis airport?
在圣路易斯机场前的假照片
Are you kidding - Lambert field?
你开玩笑吧 兰伯特机场
The Wright brothers flew through there.
莱特兄弟从这里起飞的
That domed main terminal,
拱顶的主航站楼
is the first of its kind, a precursor
是第一座这种类型的机场
of everything from JFK to De Gaulle.
是肯尼迪机场和戴高乐机场的先驱
- Pretty sweet. - Just take the picture.
-真厉害 -拍照片吧
Well, that's a keeper.
好了 记录下来了
Let me see it.
让我看看
Why she wants dozens of reminders of all
她一直想要提醒我的是
the places she hasn't been is beyond me.
她没去过的地方比我多的多
Well I'm sure she'll be crushed for having missed this airport.
我肯定如果错过这个机场 她会悔死的
Look, before Lindbergh had crossed the Atlantic,
看 在林白飞越大西洋之前
he took off from one of those runways.
他就是从那边的某条跑道起飞的
D'you ever wonder why they called it the spirit of St. Louis?
你知道它为什么叫圣路易斯精神吗
- No. - Well...
-不 -好吧
维奇塔
Do you know how fucked this place is now?
你知道这地方是他妈的怎么了吗
I am the one thing - the one thing-
我是唯一 唯一一个
preventing this place from being totally fucked in the ass.
曾经挽救这个混帐地方的人
Sometimes they just need to vent.
有时候他们只是需要发泄一下
Please, for the love of god, can I fire the next one?
看在上帝份上 让我开除下一个人行吗
Miss Barnes, thank you for joining us.
波尼女士 谢谢你来和我们见面
I'm here to be fired, right?
你们要开除我 对吧
Well, we're here to talk about your future.
我们是想谈谈你的未来
You don't have to sugar-coat it. I get the drill.
不用拐弯抹角 我见得多了
What are they offering?
有什么补偿
Inside the packet, you'll find a
在这个包里
clearly worked out severance package.
补偿方案设计得非常人性化
Give me the bullet points.
请说得简要些
It's actually pretty good
其实还算不错
Three months' pay, six months' medical.
3个月的工资 6个月的医疗保障
And a full year of placement services
我们公司还将提供
through our company ctc.
一整年的求职服务
Placement services. That's generous.
求职服务 挺慷慨的
Commonly it takes one month of searching for
一般来说 每一万美元的
every $10,000 you expect to earn in salary.
期望薪酬需要一个月的求职时间
- So I could be looking for a while. - Not necessarily.
-这么说可能会很久了 -也不一定
Don't even sweat it. I'm pretty confident about my plans.
不必费心了 我对自己的计划信心十足
- Really? - Yeah.
-真的吗 -当然
There's this beautiful bridge by my house.
离我家不远有座桥很漂亮
I'm gonna go jump off it.
我会从上面跳下去
Natalie.
娜塔莉
Natalie!
娜塔莉
People say these things all the time. It's part of the trade.
人们常常会讲这种话 这是种谈判策略
- They do? - Yeah.
-是吗 -对
They say crazy things. They get worked up.
他们说些狠话 也是为了达到目的
She was really calm.
她非常冷静
I think that's a good sign.
我觉得这是个好现象
So they don't ever actually do it?
所以他们并不会真的自杀吗
No. No, it's just talk.
当然不会 只是嘴上说说
- How do you know? Do you follow up? - I mean no,
-你怎么知道他们不会 跟踪他们吗 -没有
nothing good's gonna come of that, but..
之后肯定不会发生什么好事
I wouldn't worry about it.
但我不会为这些而忧心
This is what we do, Natalie. We take people
这是我们的工作 娜塔莉 我们在人们
at their most fragile and we set them adrift.
最脆弱的时候介入 让他们随波逐流
You ready to go back in?
可以进去了吗
All right, let's go. Come on.
好的 走吧
堪萨斯城
塔尔萨
No, I'm fine. Tell me something sweet.
不 我挺好 说点高兴的事吧
I'll be back soon. I'm not really sure how
我就快回来了 但我不知道
long this whole exercise is supposed to last.
这次工作锻炼还要多长时间
No, I don't even think of him that way. He's old.
不 我对他没意思 他很老
得梅因
- I- I'm done? - I wasn't expecting this. Not at all.
-这就结束了吗 -我没想到 一点也没想到
Just like that?
就这样?
I'm disappointed that I've given so much of my life...
我很失望 我倾注了很多心血的
This is not fair.
这不公平
There are people that are gonna be
现在这儿没有
way more qualified than me now.
比我更称职的人了
I don't know what to do when
我不知道我明早起来
I wake up in the morning, tomorrow.
还能干什么
You ok?
你没事吧
- Are we going? - Yeah.
-可以走了吗 -是的
赫兹金牌俱乐部
迈阿密
This is how I start every day of my life.
我就是这样开始我的每一天
Now, this is gonna be a little difficult, so stay with me.
现在是有点困难 所以和我一起
You have a new backpack.
你有了一个新的背包
Only this time, I want you to fill it with people.
这一次我想让你用人去填满它
Start with casual acquaintances, friends of friends,
从随意的偶遇开始 朋友的朋友
Folks around the office.
办公室周围的伙计们
And then you move into the people you
然后 回到那些
trust with your most intimate secrets -
你最信任的人
Your cousins, your aunts, your uncles,
你的侄子 阿姨 叔叔
your brothers, your sisters, your parents,
兄弟姐妹 你的父母
and finally your husband, your wife,
最后 你的丈夫 妻子
your boyfriend or your girlfriend.
男女朋友
You get them into that backpack.
把他们放进包里
Don't worry. I'm not gonna ask you to light it on fire.
别担心 我不会让你放火烧了它
Feel the weight of that bag.
感受背包的重量
Make no mistake, your relationships are
没错的话 你们的关系
the heaviest components in your life.
是你们生活最重的组成成分
Do you feel the straps cutting into your shoulders?
感觉到背带深嵌在你的肩膀里吗
All those negotiations and arguments,
所有的这些妥协争辩
and secrets and compromises.
秘密以及责任
You don't need to carry all that weight.
你并不用承载所有负担
Why don't you set that bag down?
为什么不放下你的包
Some animals were meant to carry each other,
有些动物打算一直背着彼此
to live symbiotically for a lifetime -
一起过一辈子
Star-crossed lovers, monogamous swans.
时运不济的爱人 终身相伴的天鹅
We are not those animals.
我们不是这种动物
The slower we move, the faster we die.
我们行动越慢 死的越快
We are not swans.
我们不是天鹅
We're sharks.
我们是鲨鱼
- Never? - No.
-从不 -不
- Ever? - No.
-绝不 -不
- You never want to get married? - Nope.
-永远不会想结婚吗 -不会
- Never want kids? - Not a chance.
-从不想过要孩子 -没可能
- Ever? - Never.
-绝不 -永远不会
- Is that so bizarre? - Yes.
-有那么奇怪吗 -是的
- Yes, it is. - I just don't see the value in it.
-是的 没错 -我不知道这样有什么意义
- Right, sell it to me. - what?
-好吧 推销给我 -什么
Sell me marriage.
把婚姻推销给我
- Ok, how about love? - Ok.
-好吧 爱情怎么样 -好吧
Stability, just somebody you can count on...
稳定 有人可以让你依靠
how many stable marriages do you know?
你知道多少稳定的婚姻
Somebody to talk to, someone to spend your life with.
可以一起谈心 可以一起过一辈子
I'm surrounded by people to talk to.
我周围都是可以谈心的人
I doubt that's gonna change.
我没觉的有什么不同
How about just not dying alone?
可以不用独自死去 这个怎样
Starting when I was 12, we moved each of
我12岁的时候 我的爷爷奶奶
my grandparents into a nursing facility.
先后搬到了养老院
My parents went the same way.
我父母也是
Make no mistake, we all die alone.
不出意外的话 我们都会独自死去
Now, those cult members in San Diego,
那些被洗脑集体自杀的
with the kool-aid and the sneakers...
圣地亚哥邪教徒们
They didn't die alone.
他们不是一个人死的
I'm just saying there are options.
我只是说还有别的选择
Oh, fuck.
见鬼
Brian left me.
布莱恩和我分手了
All right.
好了
Ok. Ok. All right.
好了 没事的
All right. Shh, shh.
没事了
Natalie, this is Alex, my friend. This is Natalie.
娜塔莉这是我的朋友艾丽克斯 这是娜塔莉
I should give you both a moment.
我应该让你们独处一会
No. No, that's fine. I'm fine. It's a pleasure to meet you.
不 我没事 很高兴认识你
Maybe we should just all go up to our rooms and freshen up.
或许我们该回房间梳洗一下
- Maybe a drink? - Now you're talking.
-要不要喝一杯 -现在你说了算
我觉得我们可以分手了
He broke up with you over a text message?
他发短信和你分手
It's kind of like firing someone over the internet.
就像用网络来开除别人
- What a weaselly prick. - Yeah, but what does that make me?
-狡猾的混蛋 -没错 那我变成什么了
- Someone who falls for a prick. - We all fall for them.
-爱上混蛋的笨蛋 -我们都会爱上混蛋的
Pricks are spontaneous, they're unpredictable and fun.
混蛋很有野性 难于捉摸 而且有趣
Then we're surprised when they turn out to be pricks.
当发现他们是混蛋时我们依旧会惊讶
- I followed him to Omaha. - You did?
-我因为他才去的奥马哈 -是吗
I had a job waiting for me in San Francisco
有一份旧金山的工作等着我
when he got an offer from Conagra.
而他在康纳格拉找到了一份工作
He said we could start a life together.
他说我们可以一起开始生活
- So I followed him. - To Nebraska?
-所以我跟去了 -到内布拉斯加州
I thought I'd be engaged by now.
我一直觉得我现在该订婚了
No offence.
无意冒犯
- None taken. - That's all right.
-不会 -没事
When I was 16, I thought by 23 I'd be married,
我16岁的时候觉得我23岁就会结婚
maybe have a kid, corner office by day, entertaining at night.
也许有个小孩 白天坐办公室 晚上休闲娱乐
I was supposed to be driving a grand cherokee by now.
我现在都应该能开上大切诺基了
Life can underwhelm you that way.
生活可能那样就离你而去了
I mean, where did you think you'd be by um...
我是说 你觉得你会
- It doesn't work that way. - At a certain point,
-我的日子不会那样 -在某个时候
you stop with the deadlines.
你会被一个截止日期卡住
It can be a little counterproductive.
这就是不良后果
I don't want to say anything anti-feminist.
我不想说任何男女平等的言论
I really appreciate everything that
我很感激
your generation did for me.
你们这一辈能对我这么好
- It was our pleasure. - Well done.
-不用客气 -做得不错
But sometimes it feels like,
但有时候 我觉得
no matter how much success I have,
如果我没找到命中注定的那个人
It's not gonna matter until I find the right guy.
不管我有多成功都没意义
You really thought this guy was the one?
你认为这个男人是你的真命天子吗
I could have made it work.
我本可以让他是的
He um... he really fit the bill.
他很符合标准
- You know? - The bill?
-你知道 -标准
White collar, college grad.
白领 大学毕业
Loves dogs, likes funny movies.
喜欢狗 喜欢喜剧
Six-foot-one, brown hair, kind eyes,
6英尺1英寸 棕色头发 友善的眼神
Works in finance but is outdoorsy...
搞金融 喜欢户外运动
you know, on the weekends.
当然是在周末
I always imagined he'd have a single
我总是想象他有个单音节名字
syllable name like Matt or John...
比如马修或者约翰
or Dave.
或者戴夫
In a perfect world, he drives a 4runner, and
在理想世界 他开着4驱车
the only thing he loves more than me is his golden lab.
除了他的金毛他就爱我一个人
And a nice smile.
还有可爱的微笑
- What about you? - Let me think.
-你呢 -我想想
Honestly, by the time you're 34, all the
老实说 当你34岁的时候
physical requirements go out the window.
所有的外表要求都可以抛诸脑后
Like you secretly pray that he'll be taller than you.
当然你会偷偷祈祷他比你高
Not an asshole would be nice. Just someone who
不要是个混蛋就可以了
enjoys my company, comes from a good family.
某个喜欢我的公司 出生良好的人
I guess you don't think about that when you're younger.
但年轻的时候你不会这样想的
I don't know... I mean... somebody who wants kids.
我不知道 某些想要孩子的人
Likes kids. Wants kids
喜欢孩子 想要孩子
Healthy enough to play with his kids.
很健康 可以和孩子一起玩
Please let him earn more money than I do.
希望他挣的比我多
You might not understand that now,
你现在也许不理解
but believe me, you will one day.
但相信我 总有一天你能明白的
Otherwise that's a recipe for disaster.
否则那就是一枚定时炸弹
And hopefully some hair on his head.
最好还没有完全秃顶
But I mean even that's not a deal breaker these days.
但我最近已经不看重这些了
A nice smile.
和善的微笑
Yeah, a nice smile. Nice smile just might do it.
对 和善的微笑 和善的微笑也许就够了
Wow, that was depressing.
听起来让人沮丧
- I should just date women. - Tried it.
-我应该和女人约会 -可以试试
We're no picnic ourselves.
我们总不能自己去野餐吧
I don't mind being married to my career.
我不介意一心扑在事业上
And I don't expect it to hold me in bed as I fall asleep.
我也不指望谁抱着我睡觉
I just don't want to settle.
但我现在还不想安定下来
You're young. Right now you see
你还年轻
settling as some sort of a failure.
你认为安定下来对你来说是种失败
It is...by definition.
就是这么回事
But by the time someone is right for you,
在你遇到真命天子以前
it won't feel like settling.
你不会想要安定下来的
And the only person left to judge you
而唯一能做主的人
Will be the 23-year-old girl with a target on your back.
就是这个迷茫的23岁女孩
So what's the plan for the evening?
晚上有什么计划吗
Well, we were gonna hit that party for
我们准备参加科技协会
the tech conference at the hotel.
在酒店办的派对
I didn't know you could just attend those.
我不知道你们还会出席那些
I thought you had to register.
我以为必须先去注册的
Technically, I don't think it's open to the public.
技术上来说 我觉得它不对外开放
- ...just stop by. - You're gonna crash it?
-只是随便看看 -你们要混进去
- They do have a nice party - What to do with...
-他们的派对还是不错的 -只是看看
- And they have a good time, usually. - No, no, I get it. I'm in.
-应该很好玩 -不不 我明白 我也去
Jennifer Chu?
珍妮弗·楚
- Shit! - Ah, it'll be fine.
-见鬼 -没事
Doing all right?
还好吧
Yeah. This was a great idea.
是的 这真是个好主意
You're so pretty.
你真漂亮
You're exactly what I wanna look like in 15 years.
希望15年之后 我看起来也能像你这样
- Thank you, Natalie. - You should dance.
-谢谢你 娜塔莉 -你们应该跳舞
- Come on. - No, no, no.
-来吧 -不 算了
- Come on. - Oh!
-来吧 -天哪
- I'm Dave. - I'm Natalie.
-我叫戴夫 -我叫娜塔莉
Who's Jennifer?
珍妮弗是谁
I don't know.
我也不知道
How's everybody doing out there?
好了 大家都好吗
Right about now, give it up for
现在有请阿尔法科技的
a very special Alphatech guest.
一位特别来宾
Young MC!
杨MC
What's up, Alphatech?
怎么样 阿尔法科技
I got a busted computer. Can somebody fix it for me?
我有台崩溃的电脑 有人帮我修吗
I want you to have a key to my place.
我希望给你一张我房间的门卡
I had no idea we were at that point in our relationship.
真没想到我们已经发展到这个阶段了
- Oh, yes. - Wow.
-没错 -太棒了
Where is she?
她去哪儿了
Back home I don't get to act the way I do with you.
回到家的我和现在的我完全不同
- That's why I don't have a back home. - I know.
-所以我不回家 -我知道
You're so cool.
你确实很酷
Mr. Empty Backpack.
空背包先生
- You know about my backpack? - I googled you.
-你知道我的事 -我在谷歌上搜过你
You did?
是吗
It's what us modern girls do when we have a crush.
现在的女生喜欢上谁就会这样调查谁
Does it bother you?
你觉得我说的对吗
It depends.
看怎么说了
Is the bag empty because you hate people or because
背包空空是因为你讨厌周围的人
you hate the baggage they come along with?
还是因为你讨厌那些行李呢
I don't hate people. I'm not exactly a hermit.
我不讨厌周围的人 我不算是个隐士
You just don't want to be tied down
你只是不想被束缚
with the whole responsibility thing.
不想负任何责任
I don't know what originally sparked the backpack.
我也不知道是怎么想到背包理论的
Probably needed to be alone.
大概只是想独处吧
Recently, I've been thinking that I needed to empty the
我最近在考虑 在我知道要往背包里
backpack before I know what to put back in it.
装些什么之前 应该先把背包腾空
- Oh, no! - I think we're out of gas.
-不是吧 -这船没油了
Hey. You're up?
你起来啦
I have to fly standby and make a meeting in Cincinnati.
我得去辛辛那提市开个会
Oh... okay.
哦 好吧
I made you feel cheap.
我这样让你觉得自己很低贱吗
It's all right. Just leave the money on the dresser.
没关系 把钱留在抽屉里就行了
I'll text you later so we can swap schedules.
我晚点给你发信息 看看下次哪里见面
I really like you.
我真的很喜欢你
- I like you too. - Good.
-我也是 -太好了
Go catch your plane.
去赶飞机吧
Last night er...
昨天晚上
It was kind of out of hand. I said things erm...
我有点失态 说了些
I'm not actually sure everything that I said.
我也不知道我都说了些什么
- But I didn't want you to think... - Just relax.
-但我希望你不会 -放心吧
It was nice to see you cut loose.
你能忘掉过去是件好事
So did you wake him up or slip out?
你早上叫醒了他还是偷偷溜了
- What? - This morning. Your new friend.
-什么 -今天早上 你那位新朋友
Did you wake him up for an awkward goodbye, or did you
你是叫醒他 然后尴尬地告别
just slip out and make him feel like a whore?
还是偷偷溜走 让他觉得自己像个男妓
I just left.
我溜了出来
Protocol's always tricky.
这种情况总是很难处理
What happened to Alex?
艾丽克斯去哪了
She had to leave town early to get to a meeting.
她一早离开去外地开会了
- That's too bad. Where's she live? - Chicago.
-真可惜 她家在哪儿 -芝加哥
Thinking of going to see her?
有过去找她的打算吗
We don't really have that kind of relationship.
我们的关系还没到那个份儿上
Try it over there.
就在那边吧
What erm... kind of relationship do you have?
那你们关系是什么样的
Well, you know...casual.
就是 很随性的
Sounds pretty special.
很特别嘛
It works for us.
适合我们就行了
Don't you think there's a future there?
你觉得你们会有未来吗
I never really thought about it. What's going on here?
我没想过这个 你怎么了
- Really never thought about it? - No.
-真的从没想过吗 -没有
How can you not think about that?
你怎么能没想过呢
How does it not even cross your mind that
你就从没想过
you might want a future with someone?
和某人共度余生吗
It's simple. You know that moment
很简单
when you look into somebody's eyes
你是否有过和一个人对望时
and you can feel them staring into your soul and
仿佛他可以看透你的灵魂
the whole world goes quiet just for a second?
而整个世界在那一刹那安静了
Yes.
当然有过
Right. Well, I don't.
可我没有过
You're an asshole.
你真是个混蛋
I'm just dicking around.
我只是胡说的
Come on. Give me a hand.
拜托 帮帮忙
Don't you think it's worth giving her a chance?
你不觉得应该给她个机会吗
A chance for what?
什么机会
A chance at something real.
确立真正关系的机会
Natalie, your definition of real
娜塔莉 等你成熟些
will evolve as you get older.
你对真正关系的理解就会有所改变
Can you stop condescending for one second or
你能不能不要总是这样目中无人
is it a principle of your bullshit philosophy?
这是你的垃圾哲理之一吗
Bullshit philosophy?
垃圾哲理
The isolation, the travelling.
什么独处啊 旅行啊
Is that supposed to be charming?
你觉得那些很吸引人吗
No, it's simply a life choice.
不 那只是一种生活方式
It's a cocoon of self-banishment.
你那只是自甘堕落的借口
Wow. Big words.
你说的有点过分了
- Screw you. - Screw you, too.
-去死吧你 -你也去死吧
You have set up a way of life that basically makes it
你的生活方式让你几乎不可能
impossible for you to have any kind of human connection.
拥有任何种类的人际关系
And now, this woman comes along and somehow runs
现在有个女人出现了
the gauntlet of your ridiculous life choice,
让你那些狗屁人生观都见鬼去了
and comes out on the other end smiling
她开心得满脸笑容
just so you can call her "casual"?
你却说和她只是随便玩玩
I need to grow up? You're a 12-year-old.
我需要长大是吗 你才像个12岁的孩子
I don't have a gauntlet...
什么见鬼去
Fuck.
妈的
底特律
Listen, these Detroit guys can be tough.
听着 底特律的人很难应付
They'll be getting hammering.
他们态度强硬
So don't get distracted. Stick with the simple stuff.
不要分神 一切从简
You get these packets in their hands
把这些材料给他们
and get them out the door, ok?
然后让他们离开 明白吗
Hey, welcome to Detroit.
欢迎来到底特律
What's going on here?
这是怎么回事
I've been looking at those great numbers of the last few days
你们这几天的效率还不错
I thought maybe we should just nut up and give this a try.
我想是该试试这个系统的时侯了
We could use a little more time.
我们还需要时间磨合
You gotta leave the nest at some point, huh?
你迟早要退下来的 不是吗
This a real company, Craig.
这是个大公司 克雷格
We're here to do some damage.
我们是来做正事的
I know. It's a good thing we brought our best ok?
我知道 好在有你这员大将
Let's stop screwing around.
别浪费时间了
Just give me a minute to prepare and get my things together.
好吧 让我先准备一下
I was thinking that Natalie was going to take this one.
我这次想让娜塔莉试试
She's hardly ready for that.
她现在还无法胜任呢
I've been watching her results the last few days. She's great.
我看了这几天你们的成果 她干得不错
This is a whole other animal.
这些底特律人不一样
You know, she created it and everything right?
这系统是她发明的 对吗
Hey, Natalie, are you not up for it?
娜塔莉 你准备好了吗
Yeah, I'm game.
当然 没问题
That's my girl.
好样儿的
Just remember, don't apologise or
记住 无需道歉
tell them how hard this is for you.
别对他们说这件事有多难接受
Today's one of the worst days they're ever gonna have.
别说这是他们最糟糕的一天
How we feel doesn't even compare.
我们根本无法体会他们的心情
- Got it. - Keep it professional. You'll be fine.
-记住了 -专业点就不会有问题的
What's all this? What's going on?
这是什么意思 怎么了
Hello, Mr Samuels.
你好 塞缪斯先生
I wish I were here with better news.
我希望我给你带来的是好消息
However,
但是
your position here at Wertheimer's no longer available.
你的公司已经不再需要你了
What are you talking about?
你是什么意思
You've been let go.
你被开除了
Just like that?
就这样吗
Who are you?
你到底是谁
My name is Miss Keener and I'm here
我的名字是吉娜
today to talk about your options.
我是来帮你的
I worked for this company for 17 years
我为这个公司工作了17年
and they send a 4th-grader to can me?
他们却派个大四学生来开除我
What the fuck is this?
这他妈的算是什么呀
It's perfectly normal to be upset.
你确实应该很气愤
However, the sooner you can tell yourself that
但是 你越早接受现实
greater opportunities are waiting for you...
就会有越大的机遇在等待你
Greater opportunities? I'm 57 fucking years old.
更大的机遇 我他妈已经57岁了
Anybody who ever built an empire or changed the world
每个建立帝国或者改变世界的人
sat where you are now.
都经历过你现在的处境
And it's because they sat there that they were able to do it.
也正是这种困境铸就了他们的成功
There's a packet in front of you.
你面前有份材料
I want you to take some time and review it.
我希望你找时间阅读一下
All the answers you're looking for are inside those pages.
你想问的问题都可以在里面找到答案
The sooner you trust the process, the sooner
你越早接受这个事实
the next step of your life will unveil itself.
就能越早踏入新的生活
I need you to go back to your office now
请你现在回到办公室
and put together your personal things.
收拾好自己的东西
Mr Samuels, that's all we can discuss now.
塞缪斯先生 我们能谈的只有这么多了
Mr Samuels.
塞缪斯先生
Mr Samuels.
塞缪斯先生
Mr Samuels!
塞缪斯先生
You did good.
你干的不错
You ok? You want me to take over?
你还好吗 用我来替你吗
No, I'm all right.
不用 我很好
Look, we just got here. That's one place.
我们刚到这里 这只是一个地方
I think, we need to try a few more.
我们还得去好几个其他地方
Maybe it doesn't make any difference, but it's
或许没什么不同
comforting to know we're in the next room.
但如果知道我们在隔壁好歹会欣慰一些
I know you don't give a shit about my comfort.
我知道你不会理会我的心情
I think we could try a few more, that's all I'm saying.
我只是觉得应该先多试验几次
Fine.
好吧
All right. Ok. All right.
好吧 行 好的
He thought you did a great job. You did.
他觉得你干的很好 你确实不错
- I'm real proud of you. - Thanks.
-我真为你骄傲 -谢谢
They're pulling us off the road.
这次的工作到此为止了
We're going home.
我们可以回去了
Really? For good?
真的吗 没问题吗
Yeah.
Good job.
你干的不错
我们诚挚地邀请您参加
茱莉·宾汉姆和詹姆士·阿瑟·米勒的婚礼
I'm sorry about what I said about Alex.
我很抱歉说了那些关于艾丽克斯的话
That was out of line.
我做的有些过了
It's all right. I understand.
没事 我理解
I mean, who am I to be doling out relationship advice, right?
我根本不够格给别人提建议 是吧
No kidding.
确实不够
Are you gonna be ok?
你会没事的 对吧
What do you mean?
什么意思
In Omaha?
回奥马哈之后
I don't know.
我也不知道呢
It's better than you'd think.
肯定会比你想的要好
Ryan.
瑞恩
Ryan. Where are you going?
瑞恩 你要去哪儿
I'm grabbing another flight.
我要赶飞机
Something I've got to take care of. I'll see you back at home.
有些事儿要办 回公司再见吧
Ok, walk it in a little.
走近一些
A little more.
再近些
There you go. Yeah.
对了 很好
Got it.
行了
They're a cute couple.
他们真般配
You think so?
你这么觉得
Yeah, they'll make cute kids.
当然 他们的孩子会很可爱的
How do you like Wisconsin in February?
你喜欢二月的威斯康星州吗
I'll like it if you're there. And I
如果你在我就喜欢
know a Killer Burger in Milwaukee.
我知道密尔沃基市的棒极了汉堡店
Northern Wisconsin.
在威斯康星州南部
What are you doing this weekend?
你周末有什么安排
No.
不行
What, I haven't...
我还没说呢
You want me to be your date?
你想让我做你的女友吗
Yeah. Yeah.
是 是啊
At your sister's wedding?
参加你妹妹的婚礼
It's not like I know her that well.
反正我和她也不是很熟
Look, I'm not the wedding type, right?
我其实不是那种爱参加婚礼的人
But for the first time in my life I don't
但就这一次
want to be that guy alone at a bar.
我不想独自泡酒吧
I want a dance partner, I want a "plus one".
我想有个舞伴 有个人陪着
And if you can stomach it, I'd like it to be you.
如果你不介意 我希望你来陪我
Milwaukee
密尔沃基市
Excuse me. Are you available?
打扰一下 您有空吗
This line's for members of our Matterhorn programme.
这边是马塔角会员专享通道
Hey...ryan.
你好 瑞恩
- Hey. - Kara. Hi.
-你好啊 -凯拉 你好
- Alex, this is my sister kara. - Hi.
-艾丽克斯 这是我姐姐凯拉 -你好
Well, hello.
你好
Ryan's told me nothing about you.
瑞恩从没和我提起过你
So you two are dating?
你们在约会吗
- Not exactly. - Well, don't worry about it.
-其实没有 -好吧 别在意这些了
We're all getting a little old to be calling someone girlfriend.
我们这个年纪叫女朋友已经不太合适了
I remember when mom used to call Jack her boyfriend.
记得以前妈妈把杰克称为男朋友时
Drove me up the wall. Boyfriends are for kids, right?
我简直快疯了 男朋友是孩子叫的 对吧
So what are you doing at the hotel?
你怎么会在宾馆里
Frank and I are trying out a trial separation.
弗兰克和我想尝试一下分居
I'm sorry. So you're not at the house?
真遗憾 那你就不住在家里了
No, there was a room on hold here,
不了 我们刚好在这里开了间房
So I thought I'd just take it for the weekend.
我准备只待一个周末
- So the rehearsal dinner? - Oh yeah, tonight.
-预演晚餐是什么时候 -是今晚
I'll see you two there.
回头见
Nice digs.
房间不错
There's a packet.
居然还有介绍
Hey, look who's here.
看看谁来了
Oh, my god!
天呐
Oh, my god! Ryan!
天哪 瑞恩
Hey.
你好啊
Oh, you must be Alex.
你一定就是艾丽克斯了
Yes, I am. Hi. How are you?
我就是 你好
You are so beautiful.
你真漂亮
Kara was right.
凯拉没骗我
Gosh.
天哪
You look so grown-up.
你看上去成熟了很多
I do? You're the one that's getting married.
是吗 但是要结婚的却是你
Oh, I know, right?
是啊 没错
Oh. You haven't even seen my ring.
你还没看过我的戒指
- Oh, look at that. - Oh, it's lovely.
-快看啊 -真是太美了
Jim designed it.
是吉姆设计的
Hey, Jim.
吉姆
Hey.
你好
How's it going?
你好
- Hey. I'm ryan. - Jim. Good to meet you.
-我是瑞恩 -我是吉姆 很高兴见到你
- Alex. Pleasure. - Pleasure.
-我是艾丽克斯 你好 -你好
Thank you, guys, for coming.
非常感谢你们能来
Brother!
大哥
- It's true, though. - Yeah, it's crazy.
-的确是大哥了 -是啊 真兴奋
I got the pictures you asked me to get.
你们要照的照片 我带来了
You can just put them right there.
你可以把它们放到那里
Yeah, ok.
好的 没问题
You got so many up there, I almost didn't have room.
已经有很多照片了 几乎没什么空间了
I know. It's so great, everyone just chipped in.
是啊 每个人都把照片钉了上去
What gave you the idea to do something so...
是谁给了你们这么一个
Substantial.
有价值的点子
Jim has a lot of our nest egg
吉姆用我们存款中的一大部分
invested in this real estate venture.
投资经营房地产
Mm-hm. It's a real estate investment.
这是一种不动产投资
It's exciting,
这很令人激动
but we went over our finances and...
但是我们的经济状况出现了点问题
A honeymoon just kinda at this state in the game
所以蜜月旅行看起来
just doesn't really seem affordable.
已经不太现实了
So, you know, we just thought, just because we can't travel
所以我们想 虽然我们不能旅行
doesn't mean we can't have pictures.
并不代表我们不能有照片
I think that's a fabulous idea.
我觉得这个点子很不错
Yeah, it's a good one.
没错 真是棒极了
The concept is turnkey everything.
我们的理念就是负责一切琐事
You buy a maintenance contract when you get the home.
只要你在入住时签订一份维护合同
We'll whack your weeds, change your light bulbs.
我们就会帮你剪草坪 换灯泡
Furniture you can bring your own
你可以用你自己的家具
or else you can pick one of our beautiful packages.
也可以从我们准备的几套家具选一套
Seamless traditionalism, yet all the perks.
相同的合同 你却能得到很多优惠
Nice.
很不错
We all need a place to call our own.
我们都需要一个自己的家
This is America. This is what we were promised.
这里是美国 是我们许下诺言的地方
It's a nice touch.
说得真好
What?
哪一部分
The bit at the end about the promise. I like that part.
誓言的那部分 我很喜欢
Oh, thanks.
谢谢
You er...you still renting that one-bedroom?
你还在租那个一居室吗
No. I gave it up.
没有 我不租了
So you own now?
你把它买下来了吗
No.
也没有
But you're looking?
你正准备买下来是吗
No, not really.
没想过
So you're just good?
但是你仍然过得不错
I'm good.
是的 我过得很好
Well, that's good.
那就好
Can you believe it's tomorrow?
你能想象明天你就要结婚了吗
How are you gonna sleep?
你晚上能睡的着吗
I don't know.
我也不知道
Well, do you want some xanax?
你需要抗焦虑的药吗
I don't think that's for sleeping.
我觉得那不是安眠用的
Yeah.
没错
No, I think I'll just have a glass of warm milk.
我想我喝杯热牛奶
That'll do the trick.
应该就可以了
- Ok. - See you tomorrow.
-没事 -明天见
- Bye. -Bye.
-再见 -再见
There's another box inside.
里面还剩下一个盒子
I'll grab it.
我去拿吧
- You sure? - Yeah, yeah, yeah.
-你没问题吗 -没事的
Jim seems like a good guy.
吉姆看起来相当不错
Yeah, isn't he great?
是的 他很好
He's going to make a great husband.
他会成为一个好丈夫的
You know, Julie, I was thinking, you know,
茱莉 我在想婚礼上
with dad not being here, erm...
爸爸既然不在了
I was wondering if you had anybody
是否有人搀你
to walk you down the aisle.
走红地毯呢
No, Jim's uncle is gonna do it.
吉姆的叔叔已经担任这个角色了
He's been really supportive.
他帮了我们很大的忙
He's been great.
他人很好
Well, good. That's great.
那就好
I just wanted to make sure that you...
我只是希望你一切都
I wanted you to be covered, that's all.
我希望有人能照顾好你 仅此而已
So, I should be there, what?
那么我应该几点钟去呢
The other guests are arriving around five
其他的客人五点钟会来
and things get going at five-thirty so...
典礼五点半开始
- Around then. - Ok.
-那段时间来就可以了 -好的
Oh. Let me... I'm gonna help you with those.
让我 我来帮你拿吧
Got it.
给我吧
It's ok. It's ok, it's ok.
没事的 放心吧
None of that was here.
这里没人在
This is all new.
雪上没有脚印
Really?
不会吧
Is that all you got?
你就这么点伎俩吗
What?
什么意思
Give me a boost.
扶我一把
Watch it.
小心点
Hang on.
躲开点
I took geography in here.
我曾经在这里上地理课
You ever fool around with one of your teachers?
你原来和老师发生过关系吗
No. Did you?
没有 你呢
No. Not until college.
没有 上了大学之后才有的
That's me on the right.
右边那个是我
It's kinda hard to tell.
真看不出来
You can tell by the eyebrows.
看眉毛你就能认出来了
You played basketball?
你以前打过篮球
I was a point guard. Don't act so surprised.
我曾经是得分后卫 不用这么吃惊
I didn't know you were such a jock.
没想到你居然是个运动员
That's me too.
那个也是我
And that.
这个也是
My first fight.
在这里我第一次打架
How'd it go?
结果如何
Got my ass kicked.
惨败
This is where we used to go to make out.
我们以前就是在这里做爱
Yes. Yeah. This is very romantic.
当然 这里真是太浪漫了
Go! Go!
孩子们 加油
I'm really happy I came here.
我真的很高兴能来这里
So am I.
我也是
It's Kara.
凯拉的电话
- Hey - Ryan, where are you?
-喂 -瑞恩你在哪儿
We're having a meltdown here.
我们这里出了点问题
What's going on? What happened?
发生什么了
It's Jim. Can you get back here? We need your help.
吉姆出了点状况 你能回来帮帮忙吗
Ok.
好的
We gotta go.
我们得走了
I'll grab your suit.
我帮你拿西装
Thanks.
多谢
What happened?
发生什么了
Jim's got cold feet.
吉姆临阵畏缩了
Today?
今天吗
Yeah, that's how cold feet work.
当然 这样才算临阵退缩
- What do you want me to do? - Talk to him.
-那你要我做些什么呢 -和他谈谈
You want me to talk to him?
你希望我和他谈谈吗
Hey, it's either you or me.
不是你就是我
You know my track record. I've already struck out once.
我已经有过一次失败的婚姻了
I haven't been to bat. I haven't been in the dugout.
我会弄砸的 我又没结过婚
Don't you talk for a living? Motivational-type stuff?
你不是办讲座了吗 激发人们生活的激情
I tell people how to avoid commitment.
我告诉别人不要付出
What kind of fucked up message is that?
那都是些什么狗屁内容啊
- It's a philosophy. - It's stupid.
-这是哲学 -真是愚蠢才对
Hey, it could have helped you.
但这能帮上你
Ryan. You haven't been around much. Fuck.
瑞恩 你一直没帮上什么忙 操
Basically, you don't exist to us.
我们基本上都当你不存在了
I know you wanna be there for her.
我知道你想帮她的忙
Well, here it is.
现在机会来了
This is your chance.
抓住你的机会
Hey. What's up, Ryan?
你好 瑞恩
Jim.
吉姆
You ever read this before?
你读过这本书吗
Yeah, it's pretty powerful stuff.
是的 这本书很有意义
I'll say.
那我得看一看
Er...Kara mentioned that you were having some thoughts.
凯拉说你好像有些想法
I don't think I'm going to be able to er... to do this.
我觉得我 做不到
Why would you say that...today?
那你为什么今天才说
Well, last night I was just kinda like laying in bed
昨晚我躺在床上
and I couldn't get to sleep.
难以入眠
So I started thinking about the wedding and the ceremony,
于是我就开始考虑婚礼
and about our buying a house
然后买房子
and moving in together.
再住到一起
And having a kid,
生孩子
and having another kid and then
然后再生一个的孩子
Christmas and thanksgiving and spring break.
一起过圣诞节感恩节以及春假
Going to football games, and then
一起去看足球比赛
all of a sudden they're graduating. They're getting jobs,
突然有一天他们毕业了 开始找工作
getting married.
然后他们也结婚了
And, you know, I'm a grandparent.
我就成爷爷了
And then I'm retired. I'm losing my hair, I'm getting fat.
退休之后 头发掉落 不断变胖
And then the next thing you know I'm dead.
然后就死掉了
I'm just, like...I can't stop from thinking, what's the point?
我不知道结婚对我有什么意义
I mean, what is the point?
结婚到底有什么意义呢
The point?
意义吗
What am I starting here?
我为什么要开始一段婚姻呢
Jim, it's...marriage.
吉姆 婚姻
It's one of the most beautiful things on earth.
是这个世界上最美妙的东西
It's what er... what people aspire to.
给人们带来希望
You never got married.
你又没结过婚
That's true.
说的没错
I mean, you never even tried.
你甚至都没尝试过
Well, it's hard to define try.
那要看你怎么理解尝试了
I don't know, just you seem happier
你看起来比我那些
than all my married friends.
结过婚的朋友更加快乐
Look, Jim, I'm not going to lie to you.
吉姆我不想骗你
Marriage can be a pain in the ass.
结婚也许会让你痛不欲生
And you're right.
而且你是对的
This all is just stuff that leads to your eventual demise.
这些最终的结果只能是死亡
Yes.
没错
And we're all on running clocks.
不过我们都像在跑的时钟
And they can't be slowed down or paused.
你不可能让它慢下来或者暂停
And... we all end up in the same place.
我们最终的结局是一样的
There is no point.
的确没什么意义
There is no point. That's what I'm saying.
是没有 我就是这么想的
What?
你在说什么
I'm not normally the guy you would talk to
我并不是那种
about stuff like this.
应该和你谈论这种话题的人
If you think about it...
但是仔细想一想
Your favourite memories,
你生命中最快乐的记忆
the most important moments in your life.
还有那些最重要的时刻
Were you alone?
你是孤独一人吗
No, I guess not.
不是的
Think a bit of it,
好好想想
Last night, the night before your wedding
昨晚 就在婚礼的前一天
when all this shit was swirling around in your head,
当你在想这些乱七八糟的事情时
Weren't you guys sleeping in separate bedrooms?
你们是睡在两间屋子里吗
Yeah, julie went back to the apartment
是的 茱莉回家了
and I was just by myself in the honeymoon suite.
所以我就一个人在蜜月套间里
Kinda lonely, huh?
有点寂寞吧
Yes, it was pretty lonely.
是的 非常寂寞
Life's better with company.
有人陪伴 生活才会更美好
Everybody needs a co-pilot.
每个人都需要个伴儿的
- That was a nice touch. - Thanks.
-你说的很对 -谢谢
So er...
那么
what's the mood like out there?
她的心情怎么样
- It's not good. - She's pretty pissed?
-不太好 -她很生气吗
Just upset.
只是非常伤心
What should I do?
我应该怎么办
Go get her.
去找她
I'm such a fuck-up. I love you so much.
我是个混蛋 我明明那么爱你
Will you be my co-pilot?
愿意做我的伴儿吗
Yes. Yes.
当然 我愿意
Welcome home.
欢迎回家
Ok, this is your stop.
好了 你到站了
When am I gonna see you?
什么时候还能再见到你
You're just gonna have to come visit.
你来这里我们就能见面了
Oh...so settled.
真安定
You're not gonna change on me, are you?
你不会想让我也改变吧
No. Same guy. Just one address.
不 我和原来一样 只是多了一个地址
This is your final boarding call for
美国航空飞往芝加哥的3972次航班
American Airlines flight 3972 to Chicago.
马上就要起飞了
Alright. Call me when you get lonely.
孤单了就给我打电话
I'm lonely.
我已经觉得孤单了
奥马哈
Some guy sits down in a conference room somewhere
员工可以坐在某地的会议室里
and our server routes his session to
服务器会把他接到一名
one of our termination engineers.
解雇工程师那里
"termination engineers"? Really?
解雇工程师 真的吗
I preferred "terminators" but it bumped with legal.
我更喜欢终结者 但是法律上不允许
Can't imagine why.
不难想象
The follow the workflow that takes them through anything
接下来的流程就是让他们
from a standard dismissal to a violent aggressor.
学会面对各种不同的状况
What are they doing now, practising?
他们现在在干什么 练习吗
Beta testing, role-playing.
试用版测试 角色适应
We go live at the end of the month.
月底就是正式的了
Kyle, you're running through the events too quickly.
凯尔 你说的内容太快了
You need to give them time to acknowledge
要让他们对每个声明
each statement, ok? It's a legal thing.
有个反映的时间 这是必需的
- Ryan? - Mm? Oh. Yeah. There's more?
-瑞恩 -好的 还有吗
This is ridiculous.
真是太荒谬了
Legal's starting to come hard at me on
法律上并不允许使用
this term "terminate"...
终结这个词
给你生活的力量
Ladies and gentlemen. Put your hands
女士们 先生们
together for today's challenge speaker,
让我们欢迎演讲嘉宾
Mr. Ryan Bingham
瑞恩·宾汉姆先生
Go get 'em.
加油吧
Last year I flew 3,500,000 miles.
去年我飞行了350万英里
The moon is 250.
月亮距地球只有250万英里
I want you to imagine for a second
想象一下
that you're carrying a backpack.
你背着一个背包
I want you to feel the straps on your shoulders
感觉一下那个背带在肩上的压力
You feel 'em?
感觉到了吧
Now I want you to pack it with all the
我要你把你生活中的所有的东西
stuff that you have in your life.
通通都装进去
Start with the little things.
包括那些小物件
The things on shelves and in drawers.
书架上的 抽屉里的
Excuse me.
失陪一下
What the fuck are you doing?
你疯了吗
Relax. We'll have your next guest out in just one sec.
稍安勿躁 让我们欢迎下一位演讲嘉宾
芝加哥
- Hey, you gotta sign. - Ok.
-你得在这签名 -好的
Ok, thank you.
谢谢
Hey, you forgot to give me your Hertz No.1 gold card!
你忘了给我你的赫兹贵宾金卡
So I was in the neighbourhood.
我刚好路过附近
- Hey, honey, who's at the door? - Just somebody who's lost.
-亲爱的 谁在敲门 -只是个迷路的人
Alex?
艾丽克斯
What were you thinking, showing up at my door like that?
你是怎么想的 就那样出现在我家门口
What do you mean? I wanted to see you.
你什么意思 我只是想见你
I didn't know you had a family.
我不知道你成家了
Why didn't you tell me that?
你为什么没告诉我那些
Look I'm sorry I ruined your evening but you
很抱歉毁了你的良宵
could have seriously screwed things up for me.
但你差一点就把我彻底毁了
That's my family. That's my real life.
那是我的家人 我的真实生活
I thought I was a part of your real life.
我以为我也是你真实生活的一部分
I thought we signed up for the same thing.
我本以为我们要的东西相同呢
Try and help me understand exactly
请你准确地告诉我
what it is that you signed up for.
你想要的到底是什么
I thought our relationship was perfectly clear. I mean...
我以为我们的关系再清楚不过了
You are an escape.
你是我生活的一个避风港
You're a break from our normal lives, you're a...
你是我们正常生活的休息站 你是
a parenthesis.
一段插曲
I'm a parenthesis?
我是一段插曲吗
I mean... what do you want?
你想要什么
Tell me what you want.
告诉我你到底想要什么
You don't even know what you want.
你自己都不知道你想要什么
Ryan, I'm a grown-up, ok?
瑞恩 我是个成年人
So if you would like to see me again,
如果你还想见面
then then give me a call.
给我打电话
Ok?
好吗
Ladies and gentlemen,
女士们先生们
we have a special announcement to make.
我们播放一条特别消息
Our pilot has just informed me that we
机长刚刚通知我们
are passing over the city of Dubuque,
我们正在经过迪比克
Which might not mean much to most of you,
对你们大多数人来说并不算什么
but means a lot to one of our flyers today.
但是对一位乘客却意义非凡
Oh, no.
不是吧
He just hit 10 million miles!
他刚刚完成了 一千万英里的里程
Congratulations. Such an amazing accomplishment.
祝贺你 真是了不起
You must be very excited.
一定很激动吧
- Hi, captain. - Captain.
-你好 机长 -机长
That seat taken?
这儿有人坐吗
No. No.
没有
You're the youngest yet to hit 10 mil.
你是飞完一千万英里最年轻的
Don't know where you found the time.
真不知道你哪里来的那么多时间
Yeah. I don't know.
我也不知道
Here you go.
给你
Seventh card we've made.
我们做的第七张卡
Small club.
很小的俱乐部
We really appreciate your loyalty.
我们对你的忠诚深表敬意
You know how many times I thought about this moment?
我以前无数次想象过这个情景
Played out the conversation that you and I
预想你和我会有
would have right here.
怎样的一番对话
Really?
真的吗
What did you want to say?
你想说些什么
You know, I don't remember.
我忘记了
That's all right. It happens to all of us.
没关系 人总会忘事的
So where are you from?
你的家在哪里
I'm from here.
这里就是我的家
Hello, Mr. Bingham.
您好 宾汉姆先生
How did you know it was me?
你怎么知道是我
This is your dedicated line. We reserve them
这是您的服务专线
for our most loyal and appreciated flyers.
为我们最忠诚的乘客设立的
I'd like to transfer some of my miles. Can I
我想给吉姆和茱莉·米勒开一个账户
open up an account to Jim and Julie Miller?
把我的里程转给他们一些
Certainly. How many miles would you like to transfer?
当然 您想转多少里程
How many miles does it take to circle the globe?
想要环球旅行 需要多少英里
We have our round-the-world tickets. They're 500,000 miles each.
我们有专门的环球专线 每张五十万英里
- That'd be fine. - Got a second?
-好极了 -有时间吗
I'll call you back.
我一会儿再打给你
What the hell happened to you yesterday?
你昨天干什么去了
I was trying to get hold of you all day.
一整天都找不到你
I was... some personal stuff. What's going on?
有点私事 怎么了
Do you remember Karen Barnes,
你还记得凯恩·巴斯吗
Part of a 30-person reduction a few weeks back in Wichita?
几周前在威奇托辞掉的一批人中的一个
Natalie fired her
娜塔莉开除她的
We fired dozens of people a day. I...
我们每天都会辞掉好多人
She killed herself - jumped off a bridge.
她自杀了 从桥上跳下去的
Fuck.
I need to know if you remember any
我需要知道的是
woman that gave you any signals,
有没有人曾给过你任何信号
Depression...
很压抑
They're all depressed. We're firing them.
他们都很抑郁 我们在开除他们
Hey, I need to ask you this stuff, ok?
我需要向你了解这些 明白吗
No, I don't remember anything.
不 我真不记得了
You never think that they're...
你从不认为他们会
You don't remember any woman that gave you any signals?
你记不记得哪个女人给过你什么信号
Anything at all, Ryan?
一点都没有吗 瑞恩
No, nothing stands out.
没有 没有任何特殊信号
- Is Natalie all right? - Natalie quit.
-娜塔莉还好吧 -娜塔莉辞职了
- She quit? - Text message.
-她辞职了 -短信跟我说的
Fucking nice, right? No-one's got any manners any more.
真他妈不错 没人在乎什么礼仪了
Did she say where she was going?
她说她要去哪里了么
No. She was a little upset.
没有 她有点失落
I should give her a call.
我应该给她打个电话
I need you back in the air.
我需要你回到飞机上去
Hey. Did you hear what I said? I
你没听见我说什么吗
thought you'd be thrilled about that.
我觉得你应该高兴才对
It's fine. What about the videoconferencing?
好吧 那些视频会议呢
Ctc is going to pause the new media front.
公司会暂时搁置这种新媒体
They're gonna give it some more thought.
他们准备再考虑考虑
We are gonna get our workhorses back in
我们要让员工回到云端
the air doing what they do best, ok?
做他们做擅长的事情 好吗
How long are you sending me out?
你准备让我去多久
We're gonna let you sail and sail.
我们要让你马不停蹄
You send us a postcard if you ever get there.
记得给我们寄明信片
旧金山
How exactly do you mean?
您具体是指什么
You graduated top of your class.
你是班里的尖子生
You seemed to have your pick of employment,
工作应该随你挑
including right here.
包括这里
Instead you went to omaha to fire people for a living?
但是你去了奥马哈 以裁员为生
- It's challenging work. - I'll say!
-那是份有挑战性的工作 -没错
I can't imagine doing that, day in, day out.
很难想象每天重复那样的工作
Not in this climate.
尤其是这种环境下
I followed a boy.
我是为了一个男人
I guess everybody does that at one point or another.
我猜大概谁都这么干过
This guy says I'd be lucky to have you.
介绍信里说你很出色
To whom it may concern.
至看到这封信的人
I can't even count the number of
我无法数清
people I've fired in my lifetime.
我一生中到底裁掉了多少人
So many that I've actually forgotten
多的甚至让我忘记了
what it's like to hire somebody.
该怎么去雇佣一个人
We've never met, but I know you'd
我们从未谋面 但是我知道
be lucky to have Natalie Keener.
娜塔莉·吉娜能为你工作是你的福分
My advice? Take her and don't look back.
我的建议 不要犹豫 雇佣她吧
She'll be the best decision you've made in a long time.
这将会是你几年内做的最好的决定
I sure hope he's right.
但愿他是正确的
Well, I don't have a lot of hope,
我没那么乐观
and I really don't know when it's gonna get better.
不知道什么时候才会好起来
There's a lot of people unemployed.
现在有那么多失业者
And I really don't know when there's
也不知什么时候
gonna be light at the end of the tunnel.
才能看见曙光
I can't find much to talk about.
不知道该说点什么
Talk about being proud. I'm proud of my kids.
我的孩子们让我感到自豪
I think the anger comes from the fact
我想愤怒的情绪是源于
that I just wasn't needed any more.
没人再需要我了
I would say, you know, uh...
我想说的是
Without my friends and my family,
没有我的朋友和家人
I wouldn't have made it.
我不可能熬过来的
It would have been a lot tougher if
一个人面对这些
I would had to make it on my own.
的确更坚难
When I wake up in the morning and
当我早上醒来的时候
I look over and I see my wife,
看到躺在一边的妻子
that gives me the sense of purpose.
她就是我生活的意义所在
It's not all about the money. Money can keep you warm.
这并不完全是钱的问题 钱能让你温暖
It pays your heating bills. It can buy you a blanket.
付取暖账单 买个毯子之类的
But it doesn't keep you as warm as when
但是却无法让我感受到
my husband holds me.
被丈夫抱着时的那种温暖
Let me get up. Let me get out. Let me find something.
让我站起来 忘记过去 找到目标
So my kids are my purpose. My family.
我的努力都是为了孩子们 我的家庭
Tonight most people will be welcomed
今晚很多人都会回家
home by jumping dogs and squealing kids.
家里有蹦跳的小狗和尖叫的小孩
Their spouses will ask about their day
他们的配偶会问他们一天过得怎样
and tonight they'll sleep.
然后睡觉
The stars will wheel forth from their daytime hiding places.
星星会从白天隐身的地方转出来
And one of those lights, slightly brighter than the rest,
有些星光会比其他的稍亮一些
will be my wing tip passing over.
而那就是我飞过的痕迹
How does it feel
when life doesn't seem real
and you're floating about on your own
Life seems uncertain
So you draw the curtain
Pretending there's nobody home
Don't theorize
Look in your eyes
They can't tell lies
Though you disguise what you see
Your reality
We needed a savior
and by our behavior
The one that was worth it is gone
Some birds are talking
And runners are walking
A prodigal son's coming home
Don't theorize
Look in his eyes
They won't tell lies
But if he defies what you see
Here is a key
Be yourself
Why don't you be yourself
Come on and be yourself
Why don't you be yourself
Oh, be yourself
Come on and be yourself.
Why don't you be yourself
You can be
Hi, Jason. My name is Kevin. And I recently lost my job.
你好杰森 我是凯文 我最近失业了
I wrote this song as sort of a statement about uncertainty
我写了首歌 来纪念这种不确定
and having a certain amount of anxiety about the future.
我对未来也是很焦虑的
So maybe you can use it in your movie.
或许你可以用在你的电影上
I'm up in the air.
Choices are drifting by me everywhere.
And I can't find the one.
That would help me do the work I love and done
Cause I'm up in the air.
I'm making some plans
Finding out there are always new demands.
And I can't be precise.
When people ask me what I'm doing with my life.
I say it's up in the air.
I'm hearing from friends
Is that tired all the advice again
You just cannot keep floating all around.
Or you can't get your feet back on the ground.
But it's hard to come down
When you are up in the air
Da da da da da
Da da da da da
Da da da da da
Da da da da da
I'm talking with my peers
Listening to them tell me the interviews.
Some advices haven't gone with they planned
And some trapped in the situation they can't stand.
I don't know much
The same for me so I stay up in the air