I used to think this was the beginning of your story.
我曾以为 你的故事 是从这里开始
Memory is a strange thing.
回忆真是件奇怪的事情
It doesn't work like I thought it did.
它运行的原理 与我想象中大相径庭
We are so bound by time,
我们深陷在时间的牢笼里
Okay, come back to me.
好的 回到我身边来吧
Are you the sheriff in this here town?
你是这座小镇的警长吗
These are my tickle guns, and I'm gonna get ya.
这是我的痒痒枪 我要来抓你啦
You want me to chase you? You better run.
你想让我追你吗 那你最好赶紧跑
I remember moments in the middle.
我能回忆其中的瞬间
And this was the end.
这是故事的结局
But now I'm not so sure I believe in
但现在 我开始怀疑
beginnings and endings.
是否真的存在 开始和结局
There are days that define your story beyond your life.
我们用特定的日子 来标记我们的人生
Like the day they arrived.
比如那一天 是它们降临的日子
- Morning. - Morning.
- 早上好 - 早上好
Where is everyone?
大家都去哪儿了
Okay. Well, let's get started.
好吧 我们开始吧
Today, we are talking about Portuguese
今天 我们来讲讲葡萄牙语
罗曼语族 属于印欧语系 包括法语 意大利语 西班牙语和葡萄牙语等
and why it sounds so different from the other Romance languages.
以及葡萄牙语与其他罗曼语族的区别
The story of Portuguese begins in the kingdom of Galicia...
葡萄牙语的故事 要从加利西亚王国说起
- Sorry. - in the Middle Ages,
- 对不起 - 在中世纪
where language was seen as an expression of art.
人们将语言 视为一种艺术表达形式
Any news you wanna share?
有什么新鲜事 和大家分享一下
Dr. Banks, can you turn the TV to a news channel?
班克斯博士 能不能请你打开新闻频道
...arrived here on scene,
我们已经到达现场
but police have already set up a blockade here around the area.
但警方已将附近区域全部封锁
As you can see, we've gotten just about as close as we can,
正如大家所见 我们已尽可能靠近事发地
but unfortunately, Montana, right now, is on complete lockdown.
但遗憾的是 整个蒙大拿州 都已被封锁
The object apparently
很显然 该不明物体
touched down 40 minutes ago
是四十分钟前 在九十四号州际公路北边
just north of l-94.
忽然从天而降
We're waiting to hear if
我们正在等待消息
this is perhaps an experimental vessel or...
确认该物体是否为军方的试验舰
I'm learning that more objects like this have landed
最新消息称 其他国家和地区
at as many as eight other locations around the world.
也出现了类似物体 数量多达八个
Yes. Can we...?
是的 我们能不能...
This is from a site in Hokkaido.
这是北海道的现场情况
This is worldwide. It is happening right now.
这是一起全球性事件 且此时此刻正在发生
That's... Class is dismissed.
那就下课吧
For now, we're simply asking for cooperation
目前 各国政府正试图查明真相
while authorities assess the object.
我们也只能提议 各国应该团结协作
So, you're saying it's not ours?
你是说 那东西不是我们国家的吗
Do you even know if it's from Earth?
你们到底知不知道 它们是否来自地球
We're still collecting information.
我们正在收集数据
We're coordinating with other countries.
与其他国家合作
We are not the only ones to have one of these in our backyard.
不光是我们国家 其他国家也出现了这个物体
If this is some sort of peaceful first contact,
如果这是外星文明抛来的橄榄枝
Why not just one?
为什么要抛十二支
Yeah, I know. I saw that, too.
我知道 我也看见了 妈妈
I don't know, Mom. I'm watching the same news coverage you are.
我不知道 妈妈 我跟你看的是同样的新闻
Well, Mom, please don't bother with that channel.
妈妈 别担心这件事了
How many times do I have to tell you those people are idiots?
我说了多少次了 那些人都是笨蛋
Yeah, well, do I sound nervous?
我听起来紧张吗
Okay, exactly. So. ..
就是这样 所以说...
Me? Yeah. You know me, I'm about the same.
你问我吗 你知道我的 我就那样
Okay, I'll call you later. Bye.
好的 我会再打给你的 再见
And at around eight hours after landing,
这些不明物体 已降落约八小时
there are still no signs of what might be called "First contact."
但至今没有对外发出任何信息
Now, the objects measure at least 1,500 feet tall.
经测量 这些物体高一千五百英尺以上
Two are reported to have penetrated Russian airspace,
在俄罗斯领空 又发现了两处类似物体
one in Siberia and the other off the coast of the Black...
一处位于西伯利亚 另一处位于黑海海岸
...suspended above the ocean.
悬浮于大海之上
So far, there are 12
到目前为止
unidentified objects spread across the globe.
全球已出现十二个类似不明飞行物
There is no obvious logic to their locations
它们出现的地点并无明显关联
and no evidence that the ships are even...
飞行物上甚至没有生命迹象
...who entertain the idea that if it is a kind of vessel,
尚且无法确定 这些飞行物是否属于军舰
it may be unmanned.
也许是无人驾驶的
Regardless, we have a protocol
无论如何 对于此类情况
for scenarios like this, but...
我们是有应对措施的
After Tuesday's extraordinary events,
由于周二发生的特殊事件
the President, this morning, has declared a state of emergency,
总统于今晨宣布 全国进入紧急状态
with as many as 5,000 National Guard being deployed
仅蒙大拿州 就已部署多达五千名
to the state of Montana alone.
国民警卫
Borders are closed and flights have been grounded,
边境封锁 航班取消
stranding millions of travelers.
数百万旅客滞留在机场
Panic buying of gas, water, and food
人们开始抢购汽油 食物和水
continues to escalate
且情况愈演愈烈
and federal authorities have temporarily lifted all caps
联邦政府已出动全部警力
on overtime for law enforcement.
加班加点 以维持治安
The ATF has put a temporary ban on new gun licenses,
新的枪支许可证 已暂停发放
forcing many independent
许多销售狩猎武器与设备的
suppliers of hunting equipment and firearms
独立经销商
to close their doors to the public.
也被强制停止营业
Forty-eight hours later and no further development...
时间已过去四十八小时 依然毫无进展
...from the sight of the 12 UFO...
这十二个不明飞行物...
And already the public expects us to know the answers.
公众期望我们能提供答案
I'm Colonel G.T.Weber.
我是G.T.韦伯上校
We never formally met,
我们从未正式见过面
but two years ago, you did
但两年前
some Farsi translations for Army intelligence.
你为陆军情报部门 做过波斯语翻译
You made quick work of those insurgent videos.
那些反叛分子的视频 你很快就处理好了
You made quick work of those insurgents.
那些反叛分子 你们也很快就处理好了
You are on the top of
你是翻译领域
everyone's list when it comes to translations.
最权威的专家
And you have another two years in the SSBI.
你之前做的背景安全调查 还有两年有效期
So, you still have top-secret clearance.
所以 你仍有权限获得最高机密信息
That's why I'm in your office and not at Berkeley.
也因如此 我没有去伯克利 而是来找你
I have something I need you to translate for me.
我需要你翻译一些东西
Can you... Can you understand us?
你们... 能听懂我们说话吗
Where did you come from?
你们是从哪里来的
What do you make of it?
你能听出什么来吗
How many speaking?
它们说了多少话
Assume they were not speaking at the same time.
除非它们是同时说话的
Are you sure? Did they have mouths...
你确定吗 它们有没有嘴巴
How would you approach translating this?
你会如何翻译这些呢
Do you hear any words?
有没有听到什么词汇
I don't... I don't know.
我... 我不知道
So, what can you tell me?
那你知道什么呢
I can tell you that it's
我只能告诉你
impossible to translate from an audio file.
光听录音 是不可能翻译的
I would need to be there to interact with them.
我必须亲自和它们对话
You didn't need that with the Farsi translations.
翻译波斯语的时候 你并不需要亲自对话
I didn't need it because I already knew the language.
那是因为我已经掌握了波斯语
But this, this is...
但是这个...
I know what you're doing.
我知道你想干什么
- Tell me what I'm doing. - I'm not taking you to Montana.
- 你说说看 - 我不会带你去蒙大拿的
It's all I can do
我如果带你去了
to keep it from turning into a tourist site
以后不管是谁 只要做过安全调查
for everybody who has a TS clearance.
就都可以进去围观了
I'm just telling you what it would take to do this job.
我只是在告诉你 我需要做什么 才能翻译
This is not a negotiation.
我不是在跟你讨价还价
If I leave here, your chance is gone.
一旦我离开这里 你就再也没有机会了
You mentioned Berkeley, are you going to ask Danvers next?
你刚才提到伯克利 你接下来要去找丹佛斯吗
Before you commit to him,
在你委托他之前
ask him the Sanskrit word for "War" And its translation.
先问问他"战争"在梵语里 是什么意思
An agreement on sharing
今晚 随着俄罗斯和中国
scientific discoveries looks closer tonight,
加入联合国会谈 我们有望达成协议
as Russia and China join talks at the United Nations.
共享各国的调查研究成果
Meanwhile, financial markets across the world are in crisis
同时 世界金融市场陷入了巨大危机
as the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell over 2,000 points
道琼斯工业平均指数下跌了两千多点
in its worst weekly decline in history.
使得本周成为史上最黑暗的一周
Gavisti. He says it means "An argument."
他说梵语里"战争"的意思是"意见分歧"
What do you say it means?
你说呢
"A desire for more cows."
"争夺资本的欲望"
All right, give me 20 minutes?
给我二十分钟行吗
We take off in 10.
十分钟后起飞
Dr. Banks. Right this way, please.
班克斯博士 请往这边
Contact and ready to approach...
通讯正常 准备起飞
Excuse me, Dr. Banks,
抱歉 班克斯博士
let me make sure you're properly secured.
我需要确认一下你的安全带
Sorry, I couldn't hear what you were saying.
对不起 我刚才没听见你说话
"Language is the foundation of civilization.
"语言 是文明的基石
It is the glue that holds a people together.
是语言 让人们凝聚在一起
It is the first weapon drawn in a conflict."
发生冲突时 最先使用的武器 也是语言"
Louise, this is Ian Donnelly.
露易丝 这位是伊恩·唐纳利
Louise Banks, Ian Donnelly.
露易丝·班克斯 伊恩·唐纳利
It's quite a greeting.
你打招呼的方式真特别
Yeah. Well, you wrote it.
那些都是你写的嘛
It's the kind of thing you write as a preface,
那些就是序言里常写的话
dazzle them with the basics.
讲些基本的道理 吸引读者的兴趣
Yeah. It's great.
是的 你写得很棒
Even if it's wrong.
不过并不正确
Well, the cornerstone of
文明的基石
civilization isn't language, it's science.
并不是语言 而是科学
Ian is a theoretical physicist from Los Alamos.
伊恩是位理论物理学家 来自洛杉矶
You'll be reporting to me,
你需要向我汇报工作
but you'll be working with him when you're in the shell.
但你会和他一起进入“壳”中
That's what they're calling the UFO.
他们把那些不明飞行物 称为“壳”
Priority one. What do they want, where are they from.
最重要的问题 它们为何而来 它们从哪里来
And beyond that, how did they get here?
在此基础上 它们是怎么来的
Are they capable of faster-than-light travel?
它们是否掌握了超光速飞行技术
l have a list of questions that, you know, we can go over.
我这里有一份问题清单
Starting with a series
首先我们会用二进制序列
of just a "Handshake" of binary sequences...
向它们表示友善
How about we just talk to them
我们能不能直接和它们说话
before we start throwing math problems at them?
而不是扔给它们一堆数学题
This is why you're both here.
正因如此 我们才会请你们二位前来
I'll bring the coffee.
我去给你们拿咖啡
Coffee with some aliens.
咖啡里再加点外星人
All right. I want you to take these two to Dr. Kettler.
你带这两位 去找一下凯特勒医生
Follow the captain to Medical.
请跟这位上尉 去一下医务室
The procedure should take just a few minutes,
做一些例行检查和预防措施 几分钟就好
and then, we'll get started.
然后我们就开始工作
These men are gonna take care of your bags.
请把行李交给这些人
I'll take your cell phones.
把手机交给我
Put these on. You're gonna wear them at all times.
戴上这个 你们需要始终戴着这个
Sir, they're here.
医生 他们到了
Louise Banks? Ian Donnelly?
是露易丝·班克斯和伊恩·唐纳利吗
When was the last time either of you have eaten?
你们上次吃饭是什么时候
- Last night. - Same.
- 昨晚 - 我也是
When's the last time you did something stressful?
上次感到焦虑是什么时候
Who was being carted off in the medevac?
刚才有人被医疗直升机带走了 那是谁
Not everyone is able to process experiences like this.
这样的经历 可不是人人都能承受的
I'm gonna get some blood from you
我需要给你们抽点血
and give you an immunization dose that covers a battery of bacterial threats.
还要注射一剂疫苗 防止细菌侵害
Would you sign these, please?
你们能签个字吗
And roll up your sleeves.
顺便把袖子卷起来
Either of you claustrophobic?
有人患有幽闭恐惧症吗
Currently taking any medications? Allergies? Pregnant?
现在有服用药物吗 有无过敏物 是否怀孕
The booster is a kick to your system,
药剂会对身体产生影响
so you may experience some side-effects,
所以会带来一些副作用
nausea, dizziness, headaches,
诸如恶心 头晕 头痛
a ringing in your ears like you have tinnitus.
还有耳鸣
You see what's happening to him?
你看到他的样子了吗
How does this even work?
它们究竟是怎么做到的
The readings do not change, but...
仪表读数根本没变 但是...
It's like we're insects on a piece of paper
就好像我们是小虫子 进了它们家
and they're easing us out of the house.
它们用一张纸 一下就把我们扫出来了
At exactly 112 minutes and 19 seconds,
就在我们进去112分19秒时
the gravity starts to shift and slides us out of the room.
重力突然开始改变 我们就被扫出来了
Have you found a scientific explanation for it?
你能做出科学的解释吗
Like, is it for them?
它们这么做 是出于自身原因吗
No, we think it's for us.
不 我觉得是为我们着想
The air doesn't seem to circulate inside the chamber,
内厅的空气似乎不与外界流通
so after about two hours, you run out of oxygen.
所以你们进去两小时后 就会感觉缺氧
It doesn't take 18 hours
只不过是通风换气
to pump fresh air into a room.
不需要每次都等十八小时吧
If their atmosphere is different from Earth,
如果它们的大气成分与地球不同
it would certainly take hours
那么每次打开门前
to rebalance the O2 content and pressure for us
就真的需要十数小时
every time they open their door.
来平衡压强与氧气含量
So, you're saying they could suffocate us if they wanted?
你是说 它们随时能让我们窒息而死吗
This is Agent David Halpern with the CIA.
这是中央情报局的大卫·哈尔彭探员
Let me get you two to your stations.
随我去你们的工作站吧
Remember, we need answers as soon as possible.
记住了 你们要尽快找到答案
What do they want, where are they from, why they're here.
它们从哪儿来 又为何而来
- This is the priority. - Yeah.
- 这是首要任务 - 好的
Everyone, this is Dr. Ian Donnelly.
各位 这位是伊恩·唐纳利博士
He'll be running this team here.
从现在起由他领队
Yeah, have they responded to anything?
它们有回应过吗
Shapes, patterns, numbers, Fibonacci?
不论形状 图案或数字 比如斐波那契数列
We can't tell what they are saying when they respond to "hello,"
我们还不知道它们怎么打招呼 所以...
so don't get ahead of yourself.
别太心急了
What have you figured out?
你们有什么发现吗
We're just getting started.
我们才刚刚开始
- Good morning. - Good morning.
- 早上好 - 早上好
This is Dr. Louise Banks.
这位是露易丝·班克斯博士
She'll be heading your team.
她现在是领队了
- Dr. Banks. It's a pleasure meeting you. - Hi.
- 班克斯博士 我很荣幸 - 你好
Dr. Banks is taking over the mission from Dr. Walker.
班克斯博士会接手沃克博士的工作
Dr. Banks, glad to see you.
班克斯博士 久仰大名
That's your 15-minute warning.
距离下次开门 还有十五分钟
You scuba-dive before?
你潜过水吗
What kind of radiation exposure are we walking into?
进去之后 会有什么放射性辐射吗
Nominal, these are just for safety.
没有辐射 这些只是安全起见
So, is there any physical contact with the...
所以 我们会不会与它们有肢体接触...
Am I the only one having trouble saying "aliens"?
只有我一个人 说不出"外星人"这个词吗
There's a wall, like a glass wall. You can't get to them.
那儿有堵墙 像是玻璃墙 你碰不到它们的
So, what do they look like?
那它们长什么样
You'll see soon enough. Hurry up.
你很快就能见到了 快点
All units, stand by. Over.
所有小组 准备就绪 完毕
The suits are clumsy at first, but you get used to them.
防护服会让你行动不便 但你慢慢就习惯了
Load up in the second vehicle.
装在第二辆车上
Hurry up, hurry up. Bring it over here.
快点 快点 把它放这儿来
We're clear over here, sir.
我们都准备好了 长官
All set, sir. This is the last box for this truck. This truck's clear.
一切就绪 长官 这辆车装好了
We'll be there in a few minutes.
几分钟就能到
Make sure you hold on to something.
都坐稳了
We'll keep Alpha channel open. Over.
我们会保持阿尔法频道畅通 完毕
Alpha, be advised. Humidity increased since yesterday.
阿尔法队请注意 与昨天相比 湿度增加了
the door opens up at the bottom.
“壳”底就会打开一扇门
That's where we go in.
我们就从那儿进去
Red team on standby.
红队已就绪
Zero movement. Alpha detail, clear to proceed. Over.
保持静止 阿尔法队请汇报实时数据 完毕
Copy, Condor. Beginning our ascent now. Over.
收到 指挥室 现在开始上升 完毕
Alpha, clear to enter antechamber. Over.
阿尔法队 内厅通道安全 可以进入 完毕
Copy, Condor. Moving into position. Over.
收到 指挥室 准备开始进入 完毕
Thirty feet from target.
距离目标还有三十英尺
Suit telemetry now full strength, despite unknown interference. Over.
遥感勘测功能全开 谨防未知隐患 完毕
Five feet. Two, one.
五英尺 二 一
Oxygen level, 20.3%. No known contaminates. Over.
氧含量20.3% 无污染 完毕
Gravity at 0.97.
重力加速度0.97
Radio signal strength decreasing.
无线信号正在减弱
90%. 85%. Fluctuating...
90% 85% 正在波动...
Yeah, that just happened.
好吧 果真如此
All right, let's move. Time is wasting.
好了 我们行动吧 时间不等人
Condor, I'm proceeding first with Captain Marks. Over.
指挥室 我和马克斯上尉首先进入 完毕
Radio signal strength 75%. Over.
无线信号强度75% 完毕
Landed. Gravity nominal in the antechamber. Over.
已着陆 内厅重力为零 完毕
It's all good, sir.
一切顺利 长官
- You can proceed. - Stand by.
- 你可以开始了 - 准备就绪
Okay, bring it up.
好的 上来吧
Radio signal strength stable at 75%. Over.
无线信号稳定在75% 完毕
I don't know, I... I think...
我不知道... 我...
Dr. Donnelly, are you all right?
唐纳利博士 你还好吗
Dr. Donnelly. You good?
唐纳利博士 没事吧
Dr. Donnelly, are you all right? Please respond. Over.
唐纳利博士 你还好吗 请回答 完毕
We're gonna go down there,
我们到里面去
and you're gonna start your job.
你们就可以开工了
- Okay? Everybody, move out. - Okay.
- 好吗 各位 出发吧 - 好吧
Alpha detail is in position.
阿尔法队已就位
Team is in position.
小队已就位
Setting up equipment and telemetry. Over.
安装设备和检测器 完毕
Oxygen level, 21.3%. Over.
氧含量21.3% 完毕
So, what happens now?
接下来会怎么样
Do not stop until you have passed through the airlock doors.
通过气闸门前 请不要请下脚步
Do not attempt to remove the hazmat suit
在没有专业人士协助时
without proper assistance of authorized personnel.
请不要试图脱掉防护服
Repeat. Hazmat suits without assistance of
重申一遍 在没有专人协助时
authorized personnel.
请不要试图脱掉防护服
Wait, just a minute. A minute.
等等 稍等一下
- All right. - Step on out, please.
- 好了 - 请迈步
You did better than the last guy.
你比上一个好多了
That doesn't make me feel any better.
我还是感觉很不好
You both have till 0200 hours to figure something out.
明早两点前 你们可以做些研究
Okay, what happens then?
好吧 然后呢
Violence continues to spread across the US today
十二位天外来客 至今依然沉默
in the wake of the 12 landings.
同时 国内治安每况愈下
The President has declared a mandatory dusk-to-dawn curfew
由于国民警卫队
after the crackdown by the National Guard
未能阻止连续三夜的暴动
failed to prevent a third night of looting across the country.
总统颁布了强制性宵禁令
In North Dakota, 144 members of the St. Lawrence Pentecostal Cult
在北达科他 144名圣劳伦斯五旬教会成员
are feared dead after they set their compound ablaze.
纵火自焚 恐无人生还
Their website claims the arrival of the aliens
他们的网站声明 外星人的降临 乃是神迹
set in motion a prophecy that 12 sets of 12 should "follow the lamb."
人类必须按照预言 献出144只"羔羊"
We're up in 15.
十五分钟后我们又要进去了
You got any new intel?
你们有什么进展吗
Yeah, we've been playing back some of their sounds.
我们向它们播放了一些它们的录音
Where does that get you?
那能有什么收获
Well, they play audio back at us from an unseen source.
它们也回应了一些声音
It's bits of conversation from the room, random clips of dialogue.
重复录音里的声音 还有一些随机片段
Really, we... We have nothing.
说实话 我们一无所获
T-minus nine minutes to shell access.
距离进入“壳”中 还有九分钟
T-minus nine minutes to shell access.
距离进入“壳”中 还有九分钟
Look, I'm never going to be able to speak their words if they are talking.
如果只靠声音 我可能永远无法和它们交流
But they might have some sort of written language
但它们也许有书面语言
or basis for visual communication.
或者视觉交流体系
Okay. Let's get started.
好吧 我们出发吧
Affirmative, Alpha...
收到回答 阿尔法队...
Are you getting this?
你录下来了吗
Yes, sir. It's uploading back to base camp.
是的长官 我正上传录像
That's incredible.
这真是不可思议
Okay, slow down, fellas.
好啦 慢慢来 伙计们
l don't wanna take away from your success in there,
班克斯博士 我承认 刚才我们走出了一大步
but, Dr. Banks, is this really the right approach?
但是 这真的是正确的选择吗
Trying to teach 'em how to speak and read?
要想教它们说话和阅读
That's gotta take longer.
会不会很浪费时间
You're wrong. It's faster.
你错了 这是在节约时间
Everything you do in there I have to explain to a room full of men
你做的的每件事 我都需要对一屋子人解释
whose first and last question is, "How can this be used against us?"
而他们的问题永远是 "这有什么用"
So, you're gonna have to give me more than that.
所以 你得给我更多信息
Captain James Cook's ship ran aground off the coast of Australia,
詹姆斯·库克船长登陆澳大利亚
and he led a party into the country and they met the Aboriginal people.
他带领部下与土著居民碰面时
One of the sailors pointed at
一个水手 指着一群
the animals that hop around and put their babies in their pouch,
兜着幼崽 蹦来蹦去的动物
and he asked what they were,
询问土著居民 那些是什么
and the Aborigines said, "Kanguru."
土著居民说 "袋鼠"
It wasn't until later that they learned that "kanguru" means
后来他们才知道 当时对方的意思是
"I don't understand."
"我不懂你在说什么"
So, I need this so that we don't misinterpret things in there,
所以我需要保证 不会因语言而产生误解
otherwise this is gonna take 10 times as long.
不然就会浪费十倍的时间
I could sell that for now.
这勉强可以解释
But I need you to submit your vocabulary words
但我需要你在下次行动前
before the next session.
提前上交需要的词汇
And remember what happened to the Aborigines.
并且牢记土著人的下场
A more advanced race nearly wiped 'em out.
一个更先进的文明 几乎将他们屠戮殆尽
But it proves my point.
但说明了我的观点
We think we were able to reproduce
我们可以根据它们的信息
some prime number sequences back at them.
重组一些质数数列 给它们看
So, that's something.
也算是有所突破吧
Well, congratulations. You're a parrot.
那祝贺你 你这个鹦鹉学舌的人
Well, it's a lot more than that, you cheeky bastard.
远不止如此啊 你个臭小子
Don't you see? They can't seem to follow our algebra.
你看不出来吗 它们虽然不懂我们的代数
But complex behaviors? That clicks.
但是复杂行为 它们是懂的
Well, that doesn't make any sense at all, does it?
可是这样根本没意义啊
The problem is, not everyone shares our policy of
问题是 不是每个国家都像我们一样
外星人危机 第五日中国方面力求谨慎 大量武装在上海集结
being open with the aliens.
和外星人开诚布公
Have you met General Shang?
认识商将军吗
Call sign for him is "Big Domino."
他的号召力如同"大型多米诺骨牌"
Whatever Shang does, at least four other nations will follow.
不管他做什么 至少四个国家会响应
- Louise, you have to gain ground today. - Okay.
- 露易丝 今天你必须有所突破 - 好的
- You have a vocabulary list for me? -I do.
- 你有今天的词汇表吗 - 有的
You're gonna teach them your name and Ian's?
你要告诉它们 你和伊恩的名字吗
Yes, so that we can learn their names,
是的 这样我们就能知道它们的名字
if they have names,
如果它们有的话
and then introduce pronouns later.
然后向它们介绍代词
These are all grade-school words.
这些都是小学生词汇
No, no, no, not the top!
别别别 别擦上面
Okay, this is where you wanna get to, right?
你们就是想知道这个 对吗
- That is the question. - Okay.
- 就是这个问题 - 好的
So, first we need to make sure that they understand what a question is.
那我们首先 需要确保它们明白 什么是问题
Okay? The nature of a request for information
问题的本质 是寻求信息
along with a response.
需要对方能做出回答
Then, we need to clarify
之后我们需要说明
the difference between a specific "you" and a collective "you,"
单数"你" 和复数"你们"的区别
because we don't want to know
因为我们想知道的 不是某一个外星人
why Joe Alien is here.
来地球的原因
We want to know why they all landed.
而是它们这个集体 来地球的目的
And "purpose" requires an understanding of intent.
然后是"目的" 它们需要理解 何为目的
We need to find out, do they make conscious choices
我们需要弄清楚 它们是有意识的选择来地球
or is their motivation so instinctive
还是它们根本不知道"目的"为何物
that they don't understand a "why" question at all.
只是受自然本能的驱动 才来到这里
And... And biggest of all, we need to have enough vocabulary with them
最关键的是 我们需要拥有足够它们的词汇量
that we understand their answer.
才能理解它们的回答
Stick to your list.
就照你说的做
Don't add anything to it.
别做出格的事
Gravity, 0.97. Oxygen level, 21.4%. Over.
重力加速度0.97 氧气浓度21.4% 完毕
Condor, Alpha's now in the main.
指挥室 阿尔法小队已到达
Setting up equipment and telemetry. Over.
安装遥感勘测设备 完毕
Louise. I am Louise.
露易丝 我叫露易丝
ls that a new symbol? I can't tell.
那是新符号吗 我不确定
I don't know. I think it's the symbol for "human" again.
我不知道 可能还是代表"人类"
It just has a little curl on the end, maybe to indicate a question.
只是尾端有个螺旋 可能表示是个问句
l don't know, Louise.
我也说不好 露易丝
I think they're getting confused.
我觉得它们可能没懂
Dr. Banks, perhaps we should move on to the next word.
班克斯博士 换下一个词
- It's okay, Nate. - What's going on?
- 没事的 内特 - 怎么了
Hey, hey, hey. What are you doing?
你在做什么
- Yeah, I'm fine. - Are you insane?
- 我没事的 - 你疯了吗
They need to see me.
它们需要看见我
She's taking off her hazmat suit. Dr. Banks!
她在脱防护衣 班克斯博士
You're risking contamination.
你可能会受到辐射
They need to see me.
它们需要看见我
She's walking towards the screen.
她正在走向隔板
Request noted. Stand by for frag order.
请注意 做好攻击准备
Go back to your stations.
回到自己的位置
Now that's a proper introduction.
这才是正式的自我介绍啊
Ian, you want to introduce yourself?
伊恩 你想介绍下自己吗
Everybody dies, right?
人固有一死 对吧
Sir, Donnelly is taking off his hazmat suit.
长官 唐纳利在脱他的防护衣
Permission to abort?
要下令中止行动吗
Continue the session.
行动继续
I think those are their names.
我觉得这是它们的名字
So, what are we gonna call them?
所以我们怎么称呼它们
I was thinking Abbott and Costello.
阿博特和科斯特洛怎么样
- Yeah? - Yeah, I like it.
- 行吗 - 行 我喜欢
Team 1, exit your vehicle
第一小队 下车后
and proceed directly ahead to the decontamination tent.
请直接前往消毒室
Leave your respirator on until you reach the equipment room.
在进入设备室前 请勿摘下防毒面具
Team 2, exit your vehicles
第二小队 下车后
and continue to the decontamination tent.
请前往消毒室
Leave your respirators on
请勿摘下防毒面具
and do not hesitate until you reach the equipment room.
请尽快前往设备室 不要逗留
Well, I guess I don't need to tell you, you're putting yourself at risk.
你刚才的行为有多危险 就不需要我多说了
There are no signs of radiation poisoning yet.
现在还没有辐射中毒的迹象
We'll see how your blood tests look.
看看你的血液检查有没有问题吧
For now, I'm gonna give you another boost.
我先再给你打一针
Nothing else we can detect either,
其他检测也没有问题
but I'd give 'em a strong cocktail regardless.
但无论如何 我还是给他们打了一针猛药
It's the first time we've made significant progress.
我们第一次有重大进展
We'll take the risk.
风险我们担了
- Okay, honey... - What is going on there?
- 亲爱的.. - 到底发生什么了
- Honey. - ls there anything you can tell me?
- 亲爱的 - 你能和我说说吗
No... You don't need to worry, okay?
不能... 你不用担心 好吗
- How can I not worry? -Just calm down.
- 我怎么可能不担心 - 冷静点
Becky asked me if the monsters are going to kill Daddy.
贝基一直在问 爸爸会不会被怪物吃掉
Honey, it's not gonna happen.
宝贝 不会的
You don't need to worry.
你不用担心
Please, I'm so scared.
拜托 我太害怕了
All junior xenolinguistics and science personnel must observe
所有初级语言学家和科技人员
general curfew unless expressly authorized
必须遵守全面宵禁 除非有联合指挥官
for extended work hours by unit COs.
明确授权 准许加班工作
Curfew in effect as of 2200 hours.
宵禁从晚上十点开始
Notice to all late workers, fire watchers
所有夜间工作者 火灾警戒员和夜班人员
Effective immediately, midnight rations will be sewed all night.
即刻生效 夜间配给会按时补充
Here are some of the many things we don't know about heptapods.
关于七肢桶 我们了解甚少
Greek. Hepta, "Seven." Pod, "Foot."
七肢桶 是希腊语"七"和"足"的组合
"Seven feet." Heptapod.
"七足" 七肢桶
Trying to answer this in any meaningful way
尽管我们急切的渴望找到答案
is hampered by the fact that,
但现实却困难重重
outside being able to see them and hear them,
我们只能看到它们的身影 听见它们的声音
the heptapods leave absolutely no footprint.
除此之外 我们无法获取任何它们的信息
The chemical composition of their spaceship is unknown.
它们飞船的化学成分尚不明确
The shell emits no waste, no gas, no radiation.
不产生任何废料废气 也没有辐射
Assuming that the shells communicate with each other,
如果这些飞船之间存在联络
they do so without detection.
我们也检测不到任何信号
The air between the shells is untroubled by sonic emission or light wave.
飞船之间没有任何特殊声波或光波
Are they scientists or tourists?
它们究竟是科学家 还是游客
if they're scientists, they don't seem to ask a lot of questions.
如果是前者 它们貌似也没有提出很多问题
Why did they park where they did?
它们为什么选择降落在这些地方
The world's most decorated experts can't crack that one.
世界上最顶级的专家们也一筹莫展
The most plausible theory is that they chose places on Earth
最可信的说法是 它们所选的
with the lowest incidence of lightning strikes.
是地球上受雷击概率最低的地方
But there are exceptions.
但其中 也有例外
The next most plausible theory is that
另一个相对可信的说法是
Sheena Easton had a hit song
1980年 席娜·伊斯顿的一首热门歌曲里
at each of these sites in 1980.
提到过这些地点
So, we just don't know.
所以 我们还是一无所知
How do they communicate?
它们是如何交流的
Here, Louise is putting us all to shame.
这个问题 露易丝的进展 让我们相形见绌
The first breakthrough was to discover that there's no correlation
第一个突破 就是发现七肢桶的书面语言
between what a heptapod says and what a heptapod writes.
和发声系统毫无关联
Unlike all written human languages,
与人类的文字不同
their writing is semasiographic.
它们的文字是符号化的语义图像
It conveys meaning. It doesn't represent sound.
表达语意 但没有发音
Perhaps they view our form of writing
也许在它们眼里 我们的文字
as a wasted opportunity,
浪费了大好的机会
passing up a second communications channel.
放弃了进行另一种沟通的途径
We have our friends in Pakistan
感谢巴基斯坦的朋友
to thank for their study of how heptapods write.
对七肢桶文字的研究
Because, unlike speech, a logogram is free of time.
因为 与口语表达不同 词符是不占用时间的
Like their ship or their bodies,
就像它们的飞船和身体
their written language has no forward or backward direction.
它们的文字 并没有正反方向之分
Linguists call this "nonlinear orthography,"
语言学家称之为 非线性系统
which raises the question,
这也引出了另一个问题
"ls this how they think?"
"它们也是这样思考的吗"
Imagine you wanted to write a sentence using two hands,
试想你要用双手写一个句子
starting from either side.
同时从两侧开始书写
You would have to know each word you wanted to use
你需要知道 你要用的每个词
as well as how much space that it would occupy.
以及这些词会占据的空间
A heptapod can write a complex sentence
七肢桶可以在两秒内写出一个复杂的句子
in two seconds, effortlessly.
毫不费力
It's taken us a month
而即使是最简单的回复
to make the simplest reply.
我们也可能需要一个月才能完成
Next, expanding vocabulary.
接下来 扩充词汇量
Louise thinks it could easily take another month to be ready for that.
露易丝认为 这可能又要花上一个月的时间
Weber's looking for you.
韦伯在到处找你
Yeah, well, why do you think I'm hiding out here?
我知道 所以我才躲在这里呀
Nice out here, huh?
这儿不错吧
Yeah, it's a nice view.
是啊 视野很好
Away from the noise.
远离嘈杂
You know, I was just thinking about you.
其实我刚刚还在想你的事情
You approach language like a mathematician.
你研究语言的时候 就像是个数学家
You know that, right?
你知道的 对吧
I will take that as a compliment.
我就当你是在赞美我吧
I watch you steer us around these communication traps
这次看到你的工作 我才知道
that I didn't even know existed.
原来沟通中可能产生那么多误解
I guess that's why I'm single.
可能就是这样 所以我才一直单身吧
Trust me, you can understand communication
相信我 即便你学会了沟通的技巧
and still end up single.
依然有可能是单身
I feel like everything that happens in there
我感觉那里面的事
comes down to the two of us.
最后还是要靠我们俩
Yeah, it's a good thing though, right? You and I?
不过也挺好 对吗 你和我
Have you seen the jokers that we're working with?
你看看我们那些同事 都跟小丑似的
I'm glad I got you.
幸亏我还有你
Tonight, the first photograph of the aliens goes viral.
今晚 外星人的第一张照片开始疯传
Biological contamination
环保组织强调
is a major risk factor at the Montana site,
蒙大拿州现场潜在的生物污染危机
so say environmental pressure groups.
必须引起足够重视
Eight-hundred thousand march on Washington
八十万人在华盛顿游行
to protest the government's handling of the crisis.
抗议政府应对危机的方式
All this, and more special coverage.
更多特别报道 敬请关注
First contact with whoever it is that is inside that thing,
第一次接触 肯定是在那东西里面进行的
and who do we have running the show? The government.
谁负责这些行动 是政府
That's right, folks. The same government
没错 兄弟们 就是那个
who ruined our healthcare and bankrupted our military.
把我们的医保和军队搞得一团糟的政府
Look at these people.
看看这些人
Most of them don't even have guns.
大多数人连把枪都没有
We could be facing a full-scale invasion,
我们正面临着全面入侵
and our president is just willing to sit back
我们的总统却坐视不理
and let them waltz in and take our country.
眼睁睁看着它们接管这个国家
We are falling asleep at the wheel, people.
朋友们 我们正在坐以待毙
You know what I'm talking about. I know you do.
你们很清楚我在说什么 我知道你们心知肚明
What if the smartest thing we could do right now
目前最明智的做法
would be to give them a show of force?
应该是展示武力吧
I'm talking about a shot across the bow.
我的意思是 给予致命一击
I wanna hear what you think.
请告诉我你们的看法
Caller number one, you're on the air. What do you think about all this?
第一位听众 你已上线 你有何高见
What's this word?
这个单词是什么意思
That's, like... The Earth is a planet.
比如... 地球是一颗行星
Want to see my project from Miss Garriotfs class?
想看我在加勒特小姐课上的功课吗
Yeah, little nose.
当然 小鼻子
We had to make up our own TV show.
我们要制作自己的电视节目
- And who are those two people? - That's you and Dad.
- 那两个人是谁 - 是你和爸爸
The show is called Mommy and Daddy Talk to Animals.
节目叫做"爹地妈咪对话神奇动物"
You know it's okay to be sad that your dad and I...
你要知道 如果你为我和爸爸的事难过...
I know. I'm not.
我知道 我不难过
'Cause we both love you very much.
因为我俩都很爱你
I know. It's just a cartoon. Not real.
我知道 这不过是幅卡通 不是真的
I'm not sure it's something I can explain.
我也说不清
When was your last checkup with Dr. Kettler?
你上次找凯特勒医生做检查 是什么时候
I'm gonna get some air.
我需要透透气
- All right. - I'm fine. Yeah.
- 好吧 - 我很好
I need some sleep, but I'm fine.
我需要睡一会儿 但我没事
You know, I was doing some reading about this idea that
我最近读了几本书 讲了一个理论
if you immerse yourself into a foreign language,
如果你沉浸在一门外语中
that you can actually rewire your brain.
你的思维方式也会随之改变
Yeah, the Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis.
萨丕尔沃尔夫假说
The theory that...
这个理论...
It's the theory that
这个理论是说
the language you speak determines how you think and...
你所说的语言 会决定你的思维方式
Yeah. It affects how you see everything. It was...
是的 会影响你看待事物的方式
are you dreaming in their language?
你做梦时 会说它们的语言吗
I may have had a few dreams, but I don't...
我确实做了几个梦 但我相信...
I don't think that that makes me unfit to do this job.
那些不会影响我的工作
Do you know Mandarin?
你听得懂中文吗
The voice you're about to hear
你即将听到的
belongs to China's military chief,
是中国人民解放军总司令
We got a satellite feed here of who he's talking to,
如果你需要的话
if you want to look.
我们有他通话时的卫星录像
He's saying that each of the 12 is offering advanced technology.
他说 各飞船都在向我们提供先进技术
And back again. And play.
再往回 播放
"Our science team is attempting to decode the sets."
"科学小组正在尝试破解套组"
"Sets." I don't know what that means.
"套组" 我不明白什么意思
Something about advantage.
关于什么优势
"Suits, honor, and flowers."
"套组 荣誉和鲜花"
I don't know, that's all.
我不明白 抱歉了
I don't know what it means either.
我也不明白
An hour ago, China mobilized forces.
一小时前 中国调动了军队
And now, Russia is following suit.
现在俄罗斯也有样学样
Shang's about to start something.
商将军要有所行动了
Following suit, suits.
有样学样 样子
Suits. Honor. Flowers.
序数牌 字牌 花牌
Colonel, those are all tile sets in mahjong.
上校 那些都是麻将的牌面种类
God, are they...
天呐 他们是在...
Are they using a game to converse with their heptapods?
他们是在用棋牌跟七肢桶交流吗
Well, let's say that I taught them chess instead of English.
假设我不教它们英语 而教它们下棋
Every conversation would be a game,
每次对话都将是一场棋局
every idea expressed
双方思想的表现方式
through opposition, victory, defeat.
始终是对战 胜利 失败
You see the problem?
你看到问题所在了吗
If all I ever gave you was a hammer...
如果你手里只有一把锤子
马斯洛的锤子理论 指人们习惯用自己最熟悉的方式去解决问题 而不理会这种方式是否合适
Everything's a nail.
所有东西看上去都像钉子
We need to ask the big question.
我们必须提出那个关键的问题了
Okay, let me know what temperature you use, okay?
好的 记得告诉我你们用的温度 好吗
No, this is the same as before.
不 这个跟之前的不一样
Yeah, no, but between three and four.
不 在三和四之间
- All right, time to go. - Okay.
- 好吧 我们该走了 - 好的
Ninety-six minutes remaining in the session. Over.
本次对话还剩余九十六分钟 完毕
Heptapod purpose. Earth. What is your purpose?
七肢桶的目的 地球 你们的目的是什么
Do we only have Costello?
只有科斯特洛来了吗
Okay. There you are.
好了 你也来了
But you saw what they wrote.
你也看到它们写的了
Using a word they don't fully understand.
一个它们并不完全理解的单词
- It could be just a request. - Or a warning.
- 可能只是个请求 - 或者一个警告
We don't know if they understand
我们不知道它们是否明白
the difference between a weapon and a tool.
武器和工具之间的区别
Our language, like our culture, is messy,
我们的语言就像我们的文化 一团乱
and sometimes one can be both.
有时会有歧义
I think it's quite possible that they're asking us to offer them something,
我认为很有可能 它们是在向我们要东西
not the other way around, like the first part of a trade.
而不是要给我们什么 就像交易的第一步
So, how do we clarify their intentions beyond those two words?
那我们怎么才能弄清楚呢
Right away, we go back in and we clear this up.
就现在 我们再回去 问个清楚
It's more complicated than that.
事情没有你想的这么简单
How is it more complicated than that?
怎么就不简单了
Colonel, the Secretary of Defense is on the line for you.
上校 国防部长要跟你通话
We need to sit on this information
弄明白这条信息的意思前
till we know what it means.
绝不能走漏一点消息
So, we aren't sharing it with our enemies.
也就是说 我们不能跟敌人共享信息
We have to consider the idea
我们必须要考虑到一种可能性
that our visitors are prodding us to fight among ourselves
那就是这些外星人在试图挑拨离间
until only one faction prevails.
直到有一方胜出
There's no evidence of that.
这简直是无中生有
Just grab a history book.
历史上这种事不胜枚举
The British with India, the Germans with Rwanda.
英国人在印度 德国人在卢旺达
They even got a name for it in Hungary.
甚至匈牙利语中都有了特定称谓
We're a world with no single leader.
我们的世界没有统一的领导
It's impossible to deal with just one of us.
它们不可能单单只和我们一方打交道
And with the word "weapon" now...
现在有了"武器"这个词...
No confirmation yet.
尚未证实
What did they say?
他们说什么了
China and Russia are off the grid. They aren't speaking to anyone.
中国和俄罗斯都断线了 他们停止了通话
Whatever they learned in their last session has them spooked.
最新的信息把他们吓坏了
We have orders to do the same.
我们收到命令 采取相同举措
Wait, these are our allies.
等等 这些国家都是我们的盟友
Colonel, you can't shut us down.
上校 你不能这么做
- Put us on radio silence. - Do it.
- 关闭无线信号 - 关闭
We received a message from the...
我们收到了来自...
We need to be talking to each other.
我们必须保持通话
You wanna talk to them? Find out what this means.
想要恢复通话 就弄明白这到底是什么意思
Base-camp talk is now offline.
基地通话下线
No confirmation. They're offline.
尚未证实 他们下线了
委内瑞拉-已断线 日本-已断线苏丹-已断线 黑海-已断线
All interpreters stand down and report to unit coordinators.
所有翻译 全部撤出 并向协调员汇报
We've never re-entered a session before.
我们从来没有出来了又进去过
Look, Louise, trust me, okay? We've got time.
露易丝 相信我 好吗 我们还有时间
We've just gotta step on it, all right?
我们只要快点就行
This is the alien message
这是外星人发出的信息
said to have provoked the Chinese government
今天 中国政府得知这条信息后
to withdraw their scientists from the international mission today.
决定停止参于国际合作 撤回科学家
In a statement, General Shang said,
商将军在声明中说道
"中国决定 不再相信外星人它们正试图分裂我们我们必须团结起来 保护全人类"——中国人民解放军总司令 商将军
"China no longer trusts the aliens
"中国决定 不再相信外星人
who want to divide us.
它们正试图分裂我们
Humanity must be protected."
我们必须团结起来 保护全人类"
China has asked for immediate talks at the UN.
中国请求即刻举行联合国会谈
Alpha one-niner, this is Condor. Over.
阿尔法一杠九号 这里是指挥室 完毕
Alpha one-niner, this is Condor.
阿尔法一杠九号 这里是指挥室
Captain Marks, Condor.
马克斯上尉 这里是指挥室
Not receiving transmission. Squelch twice if you hear mine.
未收到回复 收到请回复
Captain Marks, all escort groups are ordered to cease all activity.
马克斯上尉 所有护送人员 立即停止行动
No,no,no. Dr. Banks, you can't go in there.
不 不 不 班克斯博士 你不能进去
We just need to ask one question.
我们就问一个问题
Dr. Banks, the session is finished. You can't...
班克斯博士 对话结束了 你不能...
You can't go back in. It's dangerous.
你不能进去 很危险
Look, we just need five minutes. Don't sweat it.
我们只需要五分钟 没什么大不了的
Marks, let them go.
马克斯 让他们去吧
So, what are we calling this, session 37?
我们怎么命名此次对话 三十七号吗
No, 36, part two.
不 三十六 第二部分
Why they on their own?
怎么只有他们两个人
We've been attempting to hail Captain Marks.
我们一直在呼叫马克斯上尉
The escort units are not responding, sir.
但护送小组并未回应 长官
Offer weapon. Question mark.
提供武器 问号
Are you offering us something?
你们是要向我们提供东西吗
Technology. Apparatus. Method?
技术 设备 方法
Yeah, see, this is a different word.
看的没 这次的回答不太一样
This segment, it's a lot busier.
这一次要复杂得多
Captain, on your 10.
上尉 十点钟方向有人过来
Mutineers are to be apprehended without engaging.
直接逮捕反叛者
We don't want to risk antagonizing our visitors. Over.
不能让外星人产生敌意 完毕
Security detail inbound, sir. T-minus four minutes remaining.
安保组来了 长官 还有四分钟
We need to see this through.
我们必须守在这里
Okay, this is it. Lock and load.
好的 拿起武器 做好准备
We just need to hold them off until it's done.
我们只需要拖住他们 直到任务完成
Copy that. Warning shots and suppressive fire only.
收到 开枪示警 压制火力 不要轻举妄动
Load up and get to cover.
做好准备 找好掩护
Stay fresh and we can avoid casualties.
保持清醒 尽量避免伤亡
Abbott wants me to write on the barrier.
阿博特想要我在隔板上写字
Can you even do that?
你可以吗
I can't do it with both hands.
我不能同时用两只手写字
- Free fire! - Over there! I'm hit! I'm hit!
- 自由开火 - 在那边 我受伤了
Hey, hey, hey. Take it easy.
嘿 慢一点
You suffered a concussion.
你有点脑震荡
How are you feeling?
感觉如何
Same as you. He's okay.
和你差不多 没什么大碍
Some soldiers. Been watching too much TV.
几个士兵 电视看太多了
Now, take it easy. Take it easy.
放松 慢一点
The site's no longer secure.
这里已经不安全了
We're standing by to evacuate.
我们正准备撤离
Weber came and got him maybe 10 minutes ago.
大概十分钟前 韦伯来把他带走了
But he wouldn't leave until he knew you were okay.
不过他要先确定你没事 才肯离开
The whole tent is on the clock
全体人员都在争分夺秒
to figure out whatever it is you were given up there.
研究你们从飞船里得到的信息
This is all of it.
都在这里了吗
The feed wasn't interrupted by the explosion?
爆炸没有干扰到传输吧
Not as far as we can see.
目前看来没有
You see something?
你看出什么来了吗
I'm gonna need my team to get together with Louise's team.
我的团队 需要和露易丝的团队合作
I need everybody working on this.
大家通力合作
Glad to see you're awake.
你醒了啊 真好
We need to go back in and we
我们必须再进去
need to explain to them this wasn't our fault.
向它们解释 那些不是我们干的
- We can't go back inside. - We have to tell them... We have to.
- 我们不能再回去了 - 我们必须回去
What happened in there was an attack.
刚才的事对它们来说 就是一场袭击
We can hope for the best,
我们可以保持乐观
but I have orders to prepare for retaliation.
但我们必须提防它们的反击
We may have to evacuate.
我们应该立即疏散
No, that's the wrong move. As long as they stay, we have to stay.
我们不能疏散 只要它们在 我们就必须留下
Well, they're not leaving.
看来它们并不打算离开
Why does this feel worse?
我怎么感觉情况更糟了
China is on the offensive.
中国正在采取攻势
They're positioning their military
他们正在部署军队
to blow the alien vessel right out of the sky.
准备把外星飞船彻底驱逐出去
And if this happens,
一旦开战
we can't sit around waiting for retaliation,
外星人必会反击 我们不能坐以待毙
The Air Force and infantry are standing by.
空军和陆军部队要整装待命
Tonight, China becomes the first world power
今晚 中国成为首个
to declare war against the aliens.
向外星人宣战的大国
Following the failure of
在联合国的外交努力
the diplomatic efforts of the United Nations,
失败之后
China has confirmed that its language experts have, tonight,
中国向外证实 他们的语言专家于今晚
delivered an ultimatum at the Shanghai site.
在上海降落点 向外星人发出了最后通牒
In a televised statement, General Shang,
在一次电视讲话中
Chairman of the People's Liberation Army,
中国人民解放军总司令 商将军宣称
said the aliens have 24 hours to leave Chinese territory
限令外星人二十四小时内撤离中国领土
or face destruction.
否则将面临毁灭性打击
And he urged all other world leaders to unite with China
他还敦促其他国家领导人
and take a similar stance.
与中国统一立场 联合行动
With a huge buildup of forces at their landing sites,
巴基斯坦 俄罗斯和苏丹
Pakistan, Russia, and Sudan
都在飞船附近增派大量军队
are thought to be following China's lead.
预计会紧跟中国步伐
It can't be random.
这肯定是有规律的
It's going to take us years.
弄懂这些要花好几年
What's this term here?
有个词 什么说来着
What's this term for that thing like a...
有个术语...
Like a technical term?
应该是个技术术语...
Where we make a deal and we both get something out of it?
大概是我们做交易 然后双方都会获益
Like, it's a competition, but both sides end up happy.
像是大家在竞争 但最后双方都很开心
More science-y than that.
比这个更科学术语化一点吧
If you want science, call your father.
如果你想问科学问题 问你爸爸吧
It's okay. I'm up.
没事 我醒了
It's time you open that bottle you've been hiding.
到了大显身手的时间了
You cracked something, didn't you?
你发现了什么 是吧
Take a look at this section.
看这一部分
It seems to be talking about time.
好像是在说"时间"
There's symbol for time, it seem everywhere.
到处都是"时间"的符号
So, what is this?
所以这是什么意思呢
A formula for faster-than-light travel?
是超光速飞行的公式吗
There are too many gaps.
有太多空隙了
Nothing's complete.
感觉不完整
Then it dawned on me.
之后我恍然大悟
Stop focusing on the ones, look at the zeroes.
我们不要光看有字的区域 还要看空白处
How much of this is data? How much of it is negative space?
文字占的空间和负空间各有多少呢
So, I measured it.
我计算了一下
0.0833 recurring.
0.0833 无限循环
Perhaps you'd like that as a fraction.
也许用分数表示更好懂些
What they're saying right here is that this is one of 12.
我们所得到的内容 只是全部的十二分之一
We are part of a larger whole.
我们只得到了部分答案
Or we're one of 12 contestants for the prize.
或者我们只是十二位竞争者之一
Why do I have to talk to him?
为什么非得和他讨论这件事
We're all working together here.
因为我们是在并肩作战
We need to talk to the other sites.
我们需要和其他降落点的人交流
We need to help them with
帮助他们理解
what they've gotten from the other heptapods.
七肢桶给他们的信息
In case you don't remember, we're blacked out.
我得提醒你 我们已经退出合作 停止交流了
China just threatened to destroy their shell. We're on our own.
中国刚威胁过要摧毁飞船 我们只能孤军奋战
Yeah, but this says that all of the pieces fit together.
但只有把所有碎片拼凑完整 才能得到答案
And I'm telling you that no one else cares.
我就是在告诉你 已经没有人关心这些了
Two hours ago, we pulled
我们从俄罗斯的一条安全线路
this audio off a secure channel in Russia.
截获了这段音频 就在两小时前
Someone on the science team there was broadcasting wide.
他们科研团队中有人对外发出广播
in their final session, the alien said, "There is no time.
在最后一次对话中 外星人说 "没有时间了
I feel we have all been given weapons.
我感觉 外星人给我们所有人都提供了武器
If anyone is receiving this, please...
如果有人能收到这些信息 请...
There are a lot of ways you can interpret what he's saying.
这段话可以有很多种理解方式
I don't need an interpreter to know what this means.
我不需要语言专家 也能知道这是什么意思
Russia just executed one of their own experts
俄罗斯为了保守秘密
to keep their secrets.
刚处决了他们本国的一名专家
"Many become one" Could just be their way of saying,
"合众为一" 可能就是在表达
"Some assembly required."
"需要协作互助"
Why hand it out to us in pieces?
那为什么要给人类十二个碎片呢
Why not just give it all over?
为什么不直接给个完整的
Well, what better way to force us to work together for once?
要想让人类团结合作 还有更好的办法吗
Even if I did believe you,
即使我相信你说的这些话
how in the world you gonna get anybody else to play along
你要怎样说服其他阵营的人
or give up their data?
参与合作 提供资料
We offer ours in return.
我们也会向他们提供我们的资料
非零和博弈 一种合作下的博弈 博弈中各方的收益总和不是零值 存在双赢的可能
It's a non-zero sum game.
这是一场非零和博弈
Nine of the landing sites have gone total comms blackout.
目前有九个国家完全中断了联络
Only way to reach them is to physically drive there and yell
联系他们的唯一办法就是 开车过去
at the border guards, which we're doing,
让边防士兵替我们传递消息
but it won't be fast enough.
我们正在进行 但效率会很低
There's got to be a way to... To get the message to them.
肯定还有传递信息的办法
To our allies maybe,
要联系盟友国也许可以
but at this stage, it's too little too late.
但眼下来说 已经为时已晚
What we need is to get all the other nations online
我们需要做的是 在开战之前
before one starts global war,
让所有国家都恢复沟通
and there's no way for us to reach them.
然而我们无法联系到他们
Wait. Hold on a second.
等一下 等一下
It's right above us.
通过我们上方的飞船联系呢
That's problematic for us right now.
可行性也很小
The Pentagon's convinced our shell will retaliate.
国防部确信 我国的外星人也会采取报复行动
My guess is they'll order us to evacuate within the hour.
据我猜测 上面会在一小时内下令让我们撤离
Look, they're not our enemy.
听我说 它们不是敌人
They've made no act of aggression towards us.
它们从未对我们做出任何恶意举动
Maybe this is their way of being aggressive.
也许它们的恶意举动就是这样呢
That's not the question.
这不是问题的关键
Well, what is the question?
那关键是什么
How do we get you back in
飞船现在离地面有半英里高
that room when it's half a mile straight up?
我们要怎么把你们送上去
I think our work here is done.
我觉得 我们的任务已经结束了
It's in the hands of our superiors now.
接下来 该由我们的上级做决策了
What the hell is she doing?
她在搞什么
No. God. Oh, God. No.
不 不 我的天呐
I need you to...
我需要你去...
I need you to send a message to the other sites.
我需要你给其他飞船传递信息
What is your purpose here?
你们究竟为什么来地球
How can you know the future?
你们怎么能预知未来呢
Who is this child?
这个孩子是谁
The show is called Mommy and Daddy Talk to Animals.
节目叫做"爹地妈咪对话神奇动物"
- Dr. Banks! - Louise!
- 班克斯博士 - 露易丝
- Hey. You all right? - Yeah.
- 你还好吧 - 我没事
- Here, come on. What happened? - I'm fine.
- 过来 发生什么了 - 没事
Tried to figure it out. This is too big.
我尽力了 但我还是不懂
Doesn't matter now. We have orders to evacuate.
都不重要了 我们收到指令 准备撤退
- Why? - Russia and Sudan are following China.
- 为什么 - 俄罗斯和苏丹准备效仿中国
Ian. I don't understand why the...
伊恩 我不明白为什么...
What day is it? Do you know, baby?
今天是什么日子 你知道吗 宝贝
Are you gonna leave me like Daddy did?
你也会像爸爸一样离开我吗
Hannah, honey, your daddy didn't leave you.
汉娜 亲爱的 你爸爸没有离开你
You're gonna see him this weekend.
你这个周末就会见到他了
He doesn't look at me the same way anymore.
他看我的眼神 跟以前不一样了
I told him something that he wasn't ready to hear.
我告诉了他一些事情 他还没准备好知道
Well, believe it or not,
就是 不管你信不信
I know something that's going to happen.
我知道一些未来会发生的事情
I can't explain how I know. I just do.
我没法解释我是怎么知道的 我就是知道
And when I told your daddy, he got really mad.
我把一件事告诉了你爸爸 他非常生气
And he said I made the wrong choice.
他说我做了错误的决定
What? What's going to happen?
什么事 会发生什么事
It has to do with a really rare disease.
有一种... 十分罕见的疾病
And it's unstoppable.
没有办法治好
Kind of like you are.
有点像你 势不可挡
Your swimming, and your poetry,
你的泳技 你的诗歌
and all the other amazing things that you share with the world.
以及你给这个世界带来的所有美好
I just realized why my husband left me.
我知道我丈夫为什么离开我了
My husband left me.
我丈夫离开我了
Come on. Let's get out of here.
我们走 我们离开这里
Why is my name Hannah?
我为什么要叫汉娜
Yeah, got it right here.
是的 收到
Get those people back, please.
请将那批人员带回
Well, your name is very special
你的名字很特别
because it is a palindrome.
它是个回文词
It reads the same forward and backward.
无论正着念 还是倒着念 拼写都一样
- All right, guys, give me a hand here. - Yes, sir.
- 好了 过来搭把手 - 是 长官
That goes in the back.
那个放后面
Civilian contractors must have their authorization badges
非军方人员接受检查时
and passkeys when checking...
请务必携带通行证及钥匙...
Evacuation underway...
正在撤退
Look, we're done here.
这里没我们的事了
We're taking this with us.
带着这个走吧
- I know what it is. - What?
- 我明白了 - 什么
It's not a weapon, it's a gift.
它们说的不是武器 而是礼物
The weapon is their language.
它们的语言就是武器
They gave it all to us. Do you understand what that means?
它们送给我们了 你知道这意味着什么吗
So we can learn Heptapod,
意味着我们能够了解七肢桶了
if we survive.
但前提是我们能活下去
If you learn it, when you really learn it,
当你学会这种语言 真正融会贯通时候
you begin to perceive time the way that they do.
你就能够以它们的方式理解时间
So you can see what's to come.
然后你就能预知未来发生的事情
But time, it isn't the same for them.
但是时间对它们来说跟我们不同
- It's non-linear. - Look.
- 它是非线性的 - 听着
We did our best, but it wasn't enough.
我们尽力了 但于事无补
The captain will load you up.
机长会来接应你们
You're lifting off in five minutes.
五分钟后起飞
Ian, Louise, it was an honor to work with ya.
伊恩 露易丝 很荣幸与你们共事
I'm gonna find out where we're going.
我去问问我们要去哪儿
The pleasure is mine, really.
是我的荣幸才对
Your President said
你们的总统刚才说
he was honored to host me at the celebration...
他很荣幸 能邀请我来出席庆功宴
- Yes. - ...but I confess,
- 当然 - 但坦白讲
the only reason why I'm here is to
我今天来的真正目的
meet you in person.
是想亲自见你一面
Me? Well, I'm flattered. Thank you.
见我吗 太荣幸了 谢谢
Now, 18 months ago,
十八个月前
you did something remarkable.
你做了一件很了不起的事情
Something not even my superior has done.
一件连我的上级都做不到的事情
You changed my mind.
你说服了我
You're the reason for this unification.
是因为你的努力 我们才会再次联合起来
All because you reached out to me
若不是你打了我的私人电话
on my private number.
就不会有这一切
Your private number.
您的私人电话
General, I don't know your private number.
将军 我不知道您的私人电话
I do not claim to know how your mind works,
我不敢说自己明白你的思维方式
but I believe it was important for you to see that.
但我想 我应该让你看看这个
I called you, didn't I?
我给您打电话了 是吗
- All right, let's shut down the system. - Sir.
- 好了 关闭系统 - 长官
There's a sat-line here dialing China.
这里有一个卫星电话正在呼叫中国
Here? What do you mean "Here"?
这里 你说的这里是哪里
It's your phone, sir.
是您的 长官
Search base camp now.
立刻搜查基地
Find out who's using that phone.
找到打电话的人
-Hold on to those coordinates. -Yes, sir.
- 盯紧坐标 - 是 长官
Come on. What'd I say?
快点 我要说什么
What'd I say? Come on.
我要说什么 快点啊
I will never forget what you said.
你说的话 我永生难忘
You told me my wife's dying words.
那是我妻子的临终遗言
Found the source of the phone call.
我们找到信号来源了
It's in the clean room. Waiting for instructions.
在消毒室里 等候指示
- What are you doing? - Changing someone's mind.
- 你在干嘛 - 说服一个人
Can you buy me 20 seconds?
能不能帮我争取二十秒时间
We don't have time for this right now.
我们没时间了
No, trust me, buy me 20 seconds. Do you trust me?
不 你相信我 就二十秒 你相信我吗
- Okay! Yeah. - You trust me?
- 好吧 好 - 你相信我对吗
Drop the phone now or we shoot!
立刻放下电话 不然开枪了
- Drop it! - Yeah. I'm sorry!
- 放下电话 - 抱歉
You're committing an act of treason!
你的行为已构成叛国
- Yes. - Drop it!
- 好 - 放下
It's done. I'm done.
好了 我说完了
Communications blackout from all 12 landing sites
今晚 全球十二个飞船降落点
continues this evening.
恢复了通讯
Hold on, we are just hearing...
稍等 我们刚刚得知
we're going to cut this report
现在插播一则新闻
to tell you breaking news.
中方召开紧急新闻发布会
Breaking now, China has called an emergency press conference.
中国人民解放军总司令
Commander-in-chief of the People's Liberation Army,
在刚刚召开的发布会中宣布
has announced in an emergency press conference
中方已决定
that China is standing down.
撤军停火
China is stating that all intelligence they have received
中方宣布 即刻与其他各国共享
will be shared immediately with all the other landing sites.
关于此次事件的全部信息
Scientists from around the
全球各国的科学家
world are sifting through information received
正竭力分析
- from the UK, Japan... - Breaking news,
- 从英日等国获取的数据 - 最新消息
the Russian armed forces are now revealing the information
俄罗斯军方将公布
they've acquired from both of their landing sites
其从境内两个降落点掌握到的有关信息
and have declared the Black Sea a demilitarized zone.
并宣布取消对黑海地区的军事封锁
...one of the 12 pieces of
各降落点齐心协力
this puzzle that's being slowly put together.
谜题即将解开
This is where your story begins.
你的故事 是从这里开始的
The day they departed.
从它们离开的那天
Despite knowing the journey and where it leads,
即使已将整个人生尽收眼底
and I welcome every moment of it.
循路而前 满怀欢喜
- H-A-N-N-A-H. - H-A-N-N-A-H.
- 正着念 H-A-N-N-A-H - H-A-N-N-A-H
Now backward. H-A-N-N-A-H.
现在倒过来念 H-A-N-N-A-H
You ready, baby?
你准备好了吗 宝贝
- You good? - All right. See ya.
- 你可以吗 - 没事 待会见
Daddy's gonna roll over you.
爹地要从你身上滚过去啦
All right, you ready?
好了 你准备好了吗
Guess what? Star stuff.
给你讲讲天文吧
- Ian. - Yeah.
- 伊恩 - 怎么了
If you could see your whole life from the start to finish,
如果你能预知自己的一生
would you change things?
你会选择改变吗
Maybe I'd say what I feel more often.
你这样突然问我
You know, I've had my head tilted
你知道吗 自打我记事以来
up to the stars for as long as I can remember.
就一直对星空着迷
You know what surprised me the most?
但最令我喜出望外的
It wasn't meeting them.
不是遇见了这些外星朋友
It was meeting you.
而是遇见你
I forgot how good it felt to be held by you.
我都忘了 拥抱你是多么美好的事情
You wanna make a baby?
你想要生个孩子吗