蒂凡尼的早餐 Breakfast at Tiffany's

上映日期: 1,961

语言: 英语 / 葡萄牙语

影片类型: 剧情 / 喜剧 / 爱情

导演: 布莱克·爱德华兹

演员: 奥黛丽·赫本 / 乔治·佩帕德 / 帕德里夏·妮尔 / 巴迪·艾布森 / 马丁·鲍尔萨姆 / 约瑟·路易斯·德·维拉龙卡 / 约翰·麦盖沃 / 多萝西·惠特尼 / 斯坦利·亚当斯 / 埃尔维亚·奥尔曼


台词
字幕来源:暮雨潇潇@CMCT
后期:Sung1219
蒂凡尼珠宝店
蒂凡尼的早餐
Hey, baby. What's going on here?
宝贝 怎么了
Oh, hi.
你好
Miss Golightly.
高小姐
Some day. Some day.
终有一天 终有一天
Miss Golightly.
高小姐
What happened to you, anyway?
怎么了
You take off for the powder room and that's the last I see you.
你到化妆间后 我便再没见过你
-Now, really, Harry. -Harry was the other guy.
-亨利 现在 -我不是亨利
I'm Sid. Sid Arbuck. You like me, remember?
我是艾锡德 你喜欢我的 记得吗
Miss Golightly, I protest!
高小姐 我抗议
Oh, darling, I am sorry, but I lost my key.
亲爱的 对不起 但我遗失了钥匙
But that was two weeks ago.
你两周前才遗失过钥匙
You cannot go on and keep ringing my bell.
你不能老按我的门铃
You disturb me! You must have a key made!
你骚扰我 你要再配一把钥匙
But it won't do any good. I just lose them all.
没用的 我会把它全部遗失
Come on, baby. You like me. You know you do.
宝贝 你知道你喜欢我的
I worship you, Mr. Arbuck,
我很仰慕你 艾先生
-but good night, Mr. Arbuck. -Baby, wait a minute. What is this?
-但是晚安了 艾先生 -宝贝 等等 这算什么
You like me. I'm a liked guy.
你喜欢我 我很受欢迎的
You like me, baby. You know you do.
你知道你是喜欢我的 宝贝
Didn't I pick up the check for five people?
我替你五位朋友结帐
Your friends. I've never seen them before.
你的朋友 我不认识他们
And when you asked for a little change for the powder room
你跟我要零钱上化妆室时
what do I give you? A $50 bill.
我给了你50元
Now doesn't that give me some rights?
难道这样我还没有资格
In 30 seconds I going to call the police!
30秒后我便报警
All the time disturbance! I get no sleep!
老在骚扰我 我睡不了
I got to get my rest! I'm an artist!
我要好好休息 我是艺术家
I am going to call the vice squad on you!
我要找风化小组来抓你
Don't be angry, you dear little man, I won't do it again.
亲爱的 别生气 我不会再犯
If you promise not to be angry,
若你答应不生气
I might let you take those pictures we mentioned.
我便让你拍照
When?
什么时候
Sometime.
改天吧
Anytime.
随时吧
Good night.
晚安
I'm sorry to bother you, but I couldn't get the downstairs door open.
打扰你真对不起 但我打不开下面的门
I guess they sent me the upstairs key.
他们把楼上的钥匙给我
I couldn't get the downstairs door open.
我打不开下面的门
I said, I guess they sent me the upstairs key.
我说 他们把楼上的钥匙给我
I couldn't get the downstairs door open. I'm sorry to wake you.
我打不开下面的门 把你吵醒对不起
That's quite all right.
不要紧
It could happen to anyone, quite frequently does. Good night.
这种事常有发生的 晚安
I hate to.
我不想
I hate to bother you, but if I could ask one more favor,
我不想打扰你 但可再帮我个忙吗
could I use the phone?
可以借电话一用吗
Sure.
可以
Why not?
有何不可
Thank you.
谢谢你
Well, this is
你的家
a nice little place you've got here.
蛮不错呢
-You just moved in, too, huh? -No. I've been here about a year.
-你也是刚搬来吗 -不 我已在这儿住了一年
The phone's over there.
电话在那边
Well, it was.
本来是的
Oh, I remember.
我记起了
I stuck it in the suitcase. Kind of muffles the sound.
我把它塞在皮箱里 减少铃声
I'm sorry.
对不起
-Is he all right? -Sure.
-它没事吧 -没事的
Sure. He's okay, aren't you, cat?
猫咪 对不
Poor old cat.
可怜的猫咪
Poor slob. Poor slob without a name.
没名字的可怜鬼
The way I look at it, I don't have the right to give him one.
我没权替它命名
We don't belong to each other. We just took up by the river one day.
我们并不拥有对方 我们只是偶尔相遇
I don't even want to own anything
在找到合适的地方前
until I find a place where me and things go together.
我不想拥有什么
I'm not sure where that is, but I know what it's like.
我不知道它在哪儿 但我知道它是什么模样
It's like Tiffany's.
就像蒂凡尼
Tiffany's? You mean the jewelry store?
蒂凡尼 你说那蒂凡尼珠宝店
That's right.
对了
I'm crazy about Tiffany's.
我很喜欢蒂凡尼
Listen.
听着
You know those days when you get the mean reds?
你遇过心绪不宁的时候
The mean reds? You mean like the blues?
你是说情绪忧郁
No.
不是
The blues are because you're getting fat or maybe it's been raining too long.
人胖了或下雨了 人才会忧虑伤感
You're just sad, that's all.
那只是伤感而已
The mean reds are horrible.
但心绪不宁更可怕
Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of.
你突然害怕而不知为何
-Do you ever get that feeling? -Sure.
-你有过这种感觉吗 -有过
Well, when I get it, the only thing that does any good
每当我心绪不宁时 我便乘计程车到蒂凡尼去
is to jump into a cab and go to Tiffany's.
这是唯一有效的方法
Calms me down right away.
它能令我即时心安下来
The quietness and the proud look of it.
它是那么宁静和高贵
Nothing very bad could happen to you there.
那儿不会发生什么不幸的事
If I could find a real-life place
若我能在现实生活中
that made me feel like Tiffany's, then.
找到像蒂凡尼那样的地方
Then I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name.
那么我会买点家具 还有替猫咪取个名字
I'm sorry. You wanted something.
对不起 你要找点什么
The telephone.
电话
It's just that I was supposed to meet somebody.
我跟别人有约
I mean, this is 10:00 Thursday morning, isn't it?
现在是星期四早上十点吧
I just got off a plane from Rome and I'm not too sure.
我刚由罗马到这 所以不清楚
Thursday. Is this Thursday?
今天是星期四吗
-I think so. -Thursday! Oh, no, it can't be!
-我猜是的 -星期四 不可能的
It's too gruesome.
太可怕了
Well, what's so gruesome about Thursday?
星期四有什么可怕的
Nothing, except I can never remember when it's coming up.
没什么 我只是常记不起哪天是星期四
Wednesdays, I generally just don't go to bed at all,
我通常不在星期三晚睡觉的
because I have to be up to catch the 10:45.
因为我要赶十点三刻的火车
And they're so particular about visiting hours.
他们很严守探望的时间
Would you be a darling and look under the bed
请替我在床下找一对
and see if you can find a pair of alligator shoes?
鳄鱼皮皮鞋吧
Sure.
好的
I've got to do something about the way I look.
我要好好打扮一下
I mean, a girl just can't go to Sing Sing with a green face.
女孩不能一脸病容的到新新监狱去
Sing Sing?
新新监狱
Yes, I always thought it was a ridiculous name for a prison.
替监狱取这个名字实在太可笑
Sing Sing, I mean. It sounds more like it should be an opera house or something.
新新像歌剧院的名字
Black alligator.
黑色鳄鱼皮皮鞋
You know, all the visitors make an effort to look their best. It's only fair.
所有访客都悉心打扮 实在太好了
Actually, it's very touching, all the women wearing their prettiest things.
真感人 所有女士都穿上漂亮的衣服
I just love them for it. And I love the kids, too.
我也喜欢那些孩子
I mean the kids the wives bring.
我指那些太太带去的小孩
It should be sad seeing kids there, but it isn't.
在监狱看到孩子该不好受 但我没有
They all have ribbons in their hair and lots of shine on their shoes.
他们头上结了蝴蝶结 鞋子擦得发亮
You'd think there was going to be ice cream.
你还以为会有雪糕里
Now, as I understand it, what we're doing is getting you ready
你预备到新新监狱
-to visit somebody at Sing Sing. -That's right.
-探访朋友吗 -对
You can always tell what kind of person a man really thinks you are
你能从男人送你的耳环知道
by the earrings he gives you.
他对你有何看法
I must say, the mind reels.
这双太使人目眩
May I ask whom?
请问是谁
Whom what? Oh, whom I go to visit, you mean?
什么 你是说我探访谁
I guess that's what I mean.
我是这个意思
I don't know that I should even discuss it.
我不知道应否谈论此事
Well, they never told me not to tell anyone.
但他没有吩咐我要保密
You must cross your heart and kiss your elbow.
你要发誓保守秘密
I'll try.
好的
You probably read about him. His name's Sally Tomato.
你也许听说过他的消息 他是杜沙利
Sally Tomato?
杜沙利
Well, don't look so shocked.
别那样震惊
They could never prove for a second
没人能证明他是黑手党
that he was even part of the Mafia, much less head of it, my dear.
更遑论他是黑手党首领 亲爱的
The only thing they did prove was that he cheated his income tax a little.
他只是隐瞒入息税而已
Anyway, all I know is that he's a darling old man.
我只知道他是个可爱的老头子
Oh, he was never my lover or anything like that.
他不是我的情人
In fact, I never knew him until after he was in prison.
事实上 他坐牢后我才认识他
But I adore him now.
但我现在很喜欢他了
I mean, I've been going to see him every Thursday for seven months.
这七个月来 我每个星期四都去探望他
Now I think I'd go even if he didn't pay me.
即使他不给我钱 我也会探望他
-Shoes. -I could only find one.
-鞋子 -我只找到一只
He pays you?
他给你钱吗
That's right. Or anyway his lawyer does.
应该说是他的律师给我钱
If he is a lawyer, which I doubt, since he doesn't seem to have an office,
我怀疑他是不是律师
only an answering service.
只能透过电话代接站找他
And he always wants to meet you at Hamburger Heaven.
我们只相约在汉堡天堂见面
There you are, you sneak. Thank you.
鞋子在这儿 谢谢你
You're welcome.
别客气
Dress.
裙子
Here we are. Bag and a hat, too.
在这儿 手袋 还有帽子
There we are.
在那儿
Anyway, about seven months ago, this so-called lawyer, Mr. O'Shaughnessy,
那所谓律师奥西力 七个月前问我
asked me how I'd like to cheer up a lonely old man,
是否有兴趣讨一个孤单的老头高兴
and pick up $100 a week at the same time.
每周可赚一百元
I told him, "Look, darling, you've got the wrong Holly Golightly."
我跟他说 你找错人了
A girl can do as well as that on trips to the powder room.
女孩上一趟化妆室便赚到这钱
I mean, any gentleman with the slightest chic
任何绅士会给女孩
will give a girl a $50 bill for the powder room.
50元上化妆室
And I always ask for cab fare, too. That's another $50.
还有50元计程车费
But then he said his client was Sally Tomato.
跟着他说代表杜沙利找我
He said dear old Sally had seen me at Elmo's or somewhere,
他在埃尔默看过我
and had admired me a la distance.
远远一看便已钟情
So wouldn't it be a good deed if I were to visit him once a week?
我能否每周探望他一次
Well, how could I say no? It was all so wildly romantic.
我怎能拒绝 这事太浪漫了
How do I look?
我打扮得如何
Very good. I must say I'm amazed.
很漂亮 我也为你着迷
You were a darling to help, I could never have done it without you.
还是多得你帮忙
-Bag. -Call me anytime.
-手袋 -随时找我
I'm just upstairs, or I will be as soon as I get moved in.
我住在楼上 我稍后便会搬来
Bye, cat.
猫咪 再见
You mean he gives you $100 for an hour's conversation?
你和他见面一小时 他便给你100元
Well, Mr. O'Shaughnessy does as soon as I meet him
只要我把天气报告交给奥西力
and give him the weather report.
他便给我钱
Look, it's none of my business, but it sounds to me,
这事与我无关
like you could get in a lot of trouble.
但你会惹上麻烦
Hold this for me, will you?
请替我拿着 好吗
And what do you mean, "weather report"?
天气报告是什么
Oh, that's just a message I give Mr. O'Shaughnessy.
那只是我给奥西力的口讯
So he'll know I've really been up there.
证明我曾探访过他的口讯
Sally tells me things to say like,
沙利会说
"There's a hurricane in Cuba"
"古巴刮起风暴"
and, "It's cloudy over Palermo." Things like that.
"巴勒莫天阴" 诸如此类
You don't have to worry. I've taken care of myself for a long time.
别担心 我一直都是自己照顾自己
Taxi!
计程车
-I never could do that. -It's easy.
-我不懂这个 -很容易的
Paul.
保罗
I'm late. I know it.
我迟到了 我知道
Don't tell me you were locked out? Didn't you get the key?
别说你进不了门 你没拿钥匙吗
Oh, darling. I'm so sorry.
亲爱的 真对不起
No, I got the key, all right.
不 我有钥匙
Miss Golightly, my neighbor, was kind enough to let me in.
邻居高小姐开门让我进来
Miss Golightly's on her way to Sing Sing.
高小姐要到新新监狱去
Just visiting, of course.
当然是去探监啊
Miss Golightly, Mrs. Failenson, my decorator.
高小姐 这是费拉逊太太 是我的室内设计师
-How do you do? -How do you do?
-你好吗 -你好吗
Darling. Let me look at you.
亲爱的 让我看看你
-Are you through? -Was the flight absolutely ghastly?
-你不要车吗 -那旅程很糟吧
I'm in a terrible rush.
我很匆忙
Grand Central Station, and step on it, darling.
请到大中央车站 开快点 亲爱的
Is it really only three weeks since I left you in Rome?
我们真只分别了三周吗
Seems like years.
好像过了几年呢
-You seen the apartment? -Not yet.
-你看过房间了吗 -还没有
I know it was wicked of me, but I couldn't resist.
我知道这样做很坏
I went ahead and fixed it up without you.
但我自行决定替你装修了
I think it's darling of course,
我认为装修得很好
but if you absolutely hate it, we can rip everything up and start from scratch.
若你不喜欢 我们可以再重新装修
Miss Golightly!
高小姐老是这样子
Hey, baby! Where you going?
宝贝 你到哪儿去
Come on, baby. Open the door.
宝贝 快开门
Be a pal.
来交个朋友吧
You're breaking up a beautiful party.
你破坏了这精彩的派对
Come on, baby. Open the door.
宝贝 快开门
Hey, the band's swinging.
乐队正奏得起劲
Come on, baby.
宝贝 来吧
Miss Golightly. Once again, I must protest!
高小姐 我再次抗议
If you don't stop that phonograph right this minute,
若你不把唱机关掉
I'm going to call the police department!
我便会叫警察
Yeah. That's more better.
对了 这才像样
What's the matter, baby?
宝贝 怎么了
Come on. You're a great kid. Open the door.
快点 你是乖孩子 快开门
Come on, baby. I'm waiting for you.
宝贝 我在等你呢
-It's all right. It's only me. -Now, wait a minute. Miss.
-没事的 是我 -慢着 小姐
Golightly. Holly Golightly.
我是高霍莉
I live downstairs. We met this morning, remember?
我住在楼下 我们今早见过面 记得吗
Yeah.
是的
It's all right. She's gone.
别担心 她走了
I must say, she works late hours for a decorator.
她这室内设计师也工作得真晚
The thing is, I have the most terrifying man downstairs.
我家来了个可怕的家伙
I mean, he's sweet when he isn't drunk,
他不喝醉时人也不错
but let him start lapping up the vino, and oh, golly, quel beast.
但他一喝酒便不得了 像头野兽
It finally got so tiresome down there, I just went out the window.
我觉得很厌倦 于是由窗子偷走出来
Look, you can throw me out if you want to,
若你不喜欢可把我赶走
but you did look so cozy in here, and your decorator friend had gone home,
但你在被窝里很舒服的样子 而你的朋友又走了
and it was beginning to get a bit cold out there on the fire escape.
防火道又越来越冷
And I always heard people in New York
听说纽约人
never get to know their neighbors.
与邻居互不往来
Well, how was Sing Sing?
新新监狱之行如何
Fine.
很好
I made the train and everything.
我赶上了火车
And what's the weather report?
天气报告呢
"Small-craft warnings Block Island to Hatteras."
"由布洛克岛往哈特勒斯有航行警报"
Whatever that means.
不管那是何解
You know, you're sweet. You really are.
你很好 真的
And you look a little like my brother Fred.
你有点像我的弟弟费特
Do you mind if I call you Fred?
你介意我称你为费特吗
Not at all.
不介意
$300, she's very generous.
300元 她真慷慨
Is it by the week, the hour or what?
是周薪 时薪 还是什么
Okay, the party's over. Out.
好了 派对结束了 走吧
Oh, Fred. Darling Fred, I'm sorry.
亲爱的费特 对不起
I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Don't be angry.
我无意伤害你的 别生气
I was just trying to let you know I understand.
我只想你知道我明白你的情况
I understand completely.
我完全明白
It's okay, stick around. Make yourself a drink.
好吧 留下来好了
Throw me my robe and I'll make you one.
把袍子给我 我给你弄点喝的
You stay right where you are.
你留在床上
You must be absolutely exhausted.
你一定很累了
I mean, it is very late,
已经很晚了
and you were sound asleep and everything.
你刚才还睡熟呢
I suppose you think I'm very brazen or tres fou or something.
你以为我厚着脸皮或是疯子吧
I don't think you're any fouer than anybody else.
你不比别人疯
Yes, you do. Everybody does. And I don't mind.
你是那样想的 我不介意
It's useful being top banana in the shock department.
当顶尖的疯子也是件好事
What do you do, anyway?
你做什么工作
-I'm a writer, I guess. -You guess? Don't you know?
-我猜我是个作家吧 -你猜 难道你不知道
Okay. Positive statement. Ringing affirmative.
好吧 肯定语句
I'm a writer.
我是作家
The only writer I've ever been out with is Benny Shacklett.
我只跟过一个作家约会 那就是萨宾利
He's written an awful lot of television stuff, but quel rat.
他写过不少电视剧 但是个小人
Tell me, are you a real writer?
告诉我 你是个真正的作家吗
I mean, does anybody buy what you write or publish it or anything?
别人会买你的书 或替你出版作品吗
They bought what's in that box.
他们买箱子里的东西
Yours?
是你写的吗
All these books?
这堆书吗
Well, there's just the one book.
那只有一本书
Twelve copies of it.
只是十二本相同的书
"Nine Lives by Paul Varjak."
"九命 韦保罗著"
They're stories.
短篇小说
Nine of them.
共九篇
Tell me one.
说一个给我听
They're not the kind of stories you can really tell.
那不是可以说的故事
Too dirty?
太猥琐吗
Yeah, I suppose they're dirty, too, but only incidentally.
是的 但只是偶尔才出现
Mainly they're angry, sensitive, intensely felt,
主要是愤怒 敏感 热情
and that dirtiest of all dirty words, promising.
最猥琐的还是 前途无限
Or so said The Times Book Review, October 1st, 1956.
这是1956年10月1日的时报书评中写的
-1956? -That's right.
-1956年 -是的
I suppose this is kind of a ratty question, but what have you written lately?
这问题有点卑鄙 你最近写过什么作品
Lately I've been working on a novel.
我最近正在写小说
-Lately, since 1956? -Well, a novel takes a long time.
-最近 自从1956年起吗 -写小说很花时间
-I want to get it exactly right. -So no more stories.
-我不想有差误 -不写短篇小说了
Well, the idea is
我不该把天分
I'm supposed to not fritter my talent away on little things.
浪费在小事上
I'm supposed to be saving it for the big one.
我该把它留起来干大事
Tell me, do you write every day?
告诉我 你每天都写作吗
Sure.
是的
-Today? -Sure.
-今天呢 -也有写
-It's a beautiful typewriter. -Of course.
-这打字机好棒 -当然了
It writes nothing but sensitive, intensely felt, promising prose.
它只写敏感 热情和前途无限的文章
But there's no ribbon in it.
但它没有色带
-There isn't? -No.
-没有吗 -没有
You know, something you said this morning has been
你今早说的话
bothering me all day.
令我整天不安
What's that?
哪些话
Do they really give you $50 whenever you go to the powder room?
他们真的给你50块钱上化妆室吗
Of course.
当然了
You must do very well.
你一定做得很好
I'm trying to save, but I'm not very good at it.
我尝试储蓄 但我并不成功
You know, you do look a lot like my brother Fred.
你很像我的弟弟费特
I haven't seen him, of course, since I was 14. That's when I left home.
十四岁后 我便再没见他 我在那年离家
And he was already 6'2".
他那时已有6尺2寸高
I guess it must have been the peanut butter that did it.
一定是花生酱的功效
Everybody thought he was dotty the way he gorged himself on peanut butter.
他狼吞花生酱的样子令大家以为他是疯子
But he wasn't dotty.
但他可不疯
Just sweet and vague and terribly slow.
他很可爱 有点茫然和很迟钝
Poor Fred. He's in the army now.
可怜的费特 他正当兵
It's really the best place for him until I can get enough money saved.
在我储到足够的钱前 当兵是最佳的选择
-And then? -And then Fred and I.
-然后呢 -然后费特和我
I went to Mexico once.
我曾到过墨西哥
It's a wonderful place for raising horses.
那儿很适合养马
I saw one place near the sea that.
我见过一个近海的地方
Fred's very good with horses.
费特很擅长养马
But even land in Mexico costs something.
但在墨西哥买地也要花点钱
And no matter what I do, there never seems to be more than
银行户口里的钱
a couple of hundred dollars in the bank.
总是不足数百元
It can't be 4:30.
已经四点半了
It just can't.
不可能的
Do you mind if I just get in with you for a minute?
你介意让我跟你睡一会儿吧
It's all right. Really, it is.
不会有事的
We're friends, that's all.
我们只是朋友而已
We are friends, aren't we?
我们是朋友 对不
Sure.
Okay.
好吧
Let's don't say another word.
别再说话了
Let's just go to sleep.
好好睡觉吧
Where are you, Fred?
费特 你在哪儿
Because it's cold.
因为这儿很冷
There's snow and wind.
风里飘着雪
What is it? What's the matter?
怎么了
Why are you crying?
你为什么哭
If we're going to be friends, let's just get one thing straight right now.
若我们真的要成为朋友 先弄清楚一件事
I hate snoops.
我讨厌别人探听我的事
亲爱的费特
请原谅昨夜的事 你可以今晚六时许来我家喝一杯吗
你的朋友 高霍莉
-Yeah. -Lucille, darling? 2-E.
-喂 -露西 这是2E
I've been trying desperately to reach you.
我一直在找你
Bill just got back.
比尔回来了
A day early, the beast.
那家伙早一天回来
So I'm afraid I'll have to beg off.
恐怕我不能来了
You'll explain to the rest of the girls?
请代我跟其他太太们说一声
You're a darling.
你真好
Maybe we can have a long lunch tomorrow.
明天相约吃午餐吧
I'll phone you in the morning.
我明早再找你
Whatever you say.
随你喜欢吧
And you will manage to survive without me tonight?
我不来行吗
Sure.
I might even take a wild, boyish fling at writing.
我可以尽情写作
-Good night. -Good night.
-晚安 -晚安
You got yourself stuffed, huh, Polly, baby?
被制成标本吗
Serves you right, big mouth.
活该 大嘴鸟
-Buongiorno. -Huh?
-你好 -什么
Aren't you drinking?
你喝不喝酒
You got pockets there or something? What do you go by?
你把它藏在口袋吗 你叫什么名字
What's your name? What's your name? What do you call yourself?
你尊姓大名
-Irving. -Perfect. Perfect.
-艾云 -很好听的名字
That's wonderful, Irving.
艾云宝贝
I'll be right back, Irving, baby.
我很快回来 艾云宝贝
Yeah? Whoa! Kid's still in the shower. You expected?
小家伙还在浴室里 她知道你会来吗
I was invited. That what you mean?
我是应邀 你是指这个吧
Now don't get yourself all tense and sore, pal. Come on in.
别那么紧张 进来
It's a party. There's a lot of characters come around here, they're not expected.
很多人都是不请自来的
I'll buy you a drink. You drink?
要喝点什么 你喝酒吧
-Yeah. -Then I'll buy you a drink.
-喝 -那我请你
Okay.
好呀
Hey, honey, your skirt's split there.
甜心 你的裙子有一道裂缝
-What do you drink, kid? -Bourbon.
-你要喝什么 -波旁威士忌
Bourbon?
波旁威士忌
-On the rocks? -Yeah. No. With water.
-加冰块吗 -好 不 加水吧
All right, you want rocks first, though, don't you?
你最初想加冰块 是吗
-Yeah. -Good, you got them.
-是的 -那加冰吧
-Not too much. -All right. That'll set you free.
-别太多 -来 这能使你轻松一下
-You know the kid long? -Not very. I live upstairs.
-你认识小家伙很久了吗 -不 我住在楼上
You're kidding. Boy, look at this place, will you?
你说笑吗 看这儿
What a place. It's unbelievable. What a dump.
像个垃圾堆 真难以置信
What do you think?
你认为怎样
-About what? -Is she or isn't she?
-关于什么 -她是不是
Wait a minute. Hold it.
等等 慢着
-Harriet. -Hi, J.B.
-哈丽 -J.B. 你好
"J.B."? O.J. What is that?
J.B. 我是O.J 你是谁
All right. Hello there.
你好
-You know Gil. -Yeah. How are you? Good to see you.
-你认识吉尔吧 -幸会
-How about a drink? -Fine. In the kitchen.
-来喝一杯吧 -所有饮料都在厨房里
-You'll find everything you need. -Thanks.
-那里应有尽有 -谢谢
So. Oh, honey, that is you, that is you.
你来了 宝贝
Fred, darling, I'm so glad you could come.
费特 你能来就好了
I brought you a house present, something for the bookcase.
我给你带来一份礼物
You're sweet.
你真好
九命
Doesn't that look nice? Give me a cigarette, O.J.
很好看吧 O.J. 给我一根烟
Sure, sure.
好的
O.J.'s a great agent. He knows a terrific lot of phone numbers.
O.J.是个很好的经理人 他有很多电话号码
What's Jerry Wald's phone number, O.J?
韦谢利的电话号码
Oh, come on, lay off.
别闹了
Darling, I want you to call him and tell him what a genius Fred is.
亲爱的 你快找他 告诉他费特是个天才
Yeah, I got it.
我这里有
Stop blushing, Fred. You didn't say you were genius, I did.
别脸红 费特 你没自称天才 是我说的
So quit stalling, O.J. Just tell me what you're going to do
别支吾了 O.J. 你计划如何
to make Fred rich and famous.
令费特名成利就
Now why don't you let Fred baby and me settle that matter, huh, puppy?
这事交给费特宝贝和我处理吧
Okay. But just remember, I'm the agent.
记着 我是经理人
He's already got a decorator, I'm the agent.
他已经有一个室内设计师了
Hold it.
来了
Hi, there, boys. Come on in, there.
你们好
Right in the kitchen, you'll find everything you need.
饮料在厨房里
So, listen, Fred baby.
费特宝贝
-No, it's Paul baby. -Oh, it is? I thought it was Fred baby.
-不 是保罗宝贝才对 -我还以为你是费特
-No. -Well, answer the question, all right?
-不 -回答我问题吧
-Is she or isn't she? -Is she or isn't she what?
-你认为她是不是 -是不是什么
A phony.
装腔作势
I don't know. I don't think so.
我不知道 我认为不是
You don't think so, huh? Well, you're wrong, she is.
你认为不是 你错了 她是
But on the other hand, you're right, because she's a real phony.
但另一方面你说得对 因为她真的装腔作势
You know why? Because she honestly believes all this phony junk
知道为什么吗 因为她对那些假话
that she believes in.
深信不疑
I mean it. Now look, I like the kid. I mean, I sincerely like the kid. I do.
我真的喜欢小家伙
I mean, I'm sensitive, that's why.
因为我是个敏感的人
I mean, you gotta be sensitive to like the kid, you know what I mean?
敏感的人才会喜欢小家伙
It's what you call a touch, a streak of the poet,
这是诗人的气质
you know what I mean?
你了解吗
You known her long?
你认识她很久了吗
Are you kidding? I'm the guy that discovered her.
开玩笑 是我发掘她的
I'm O.J. Berman.
我是白O.J
A couple of years ago, back on the coast there.
数年前 她还是个小家伙
She was just a kid. Of course, she had a lot of style. A lot of class.
她很有风采与气质 真的很有气质
-A lot of what? -Class. I said she had lot of class.
-很有什么 -气质 我说她很有气质
But of course, when she opened her mouth,
但她一开口说话
you didn't know what she was talking, whether she was a hillbilly or an Okie.
就像一个土包子
You know how long it took me to smooth out that accent?
你知道我花了多少时间来纠正她的口音
-No. -I'll tell you how long.
-不 -我告诉你多久
One year. You know how we did it?
一年 你知道怎么做吗
We gave her French lessons. Yeah.
我们给她学法文
Figured once she could imitate French,
当她能学会法语腔调
she'd have no trouble imitating English.
学会英语就不难了
And, finally, when I thought she'd be ready, I arranged for a little screen test.
我最后替她安排试镜
Well, the night before the screen test. Well, I could've killed myself.
试镜前一晚真把我气死
The night before the screen test, the phone rings.
试镜前一晚 电话响了
I pick it up, I said, "O.J. Speaking." She says, "This is Holly."
我接听 她说 "我是霍莉"
I says, "Holly? Holly, you sound so far away, honey. What's with you?"
我说 "霍莉 你似乎身在远处"
She says, "I'm in New York."
她说 "我在纽约"
I said, "What? You got a screen test tomorrow."
我说 "什么 你明天要试镜"
She says, "I'm in New York because I've never been to New York before."
她说 "我从没来过纽约"
I said, "Get yourself on the plane. Get back here."
我说 "快回来"
She says, "I don't wanna."
她说 "我不想回来"
I say, "What do you mean, you don't wanna? What do you want?"
我说 "什么 你不想"
She says, "I don't wanna." I say, "What do you want?"
她说 "我不想" 我说 "那你想怎样"
She says, "When I find out what I want, I'm gonna let you know." Bang.
她说 "我知道后便告诉你"
-So, look, Fred baby, you know. -It's Paul baby.
-费特宝贝 你别 -我是保罗宝贝
Paul baby. Sure. I mean, don't tell me that she isn't a phony.
保罗宝贝 行 别说她不是装腔作势
You know what I mean?
你听懂吗
Irving. Honey, Irving, where have you been?
艾云 宝贝 你到哪儿去了
Great, thanks.
很好 谢谢你
Mike, darling, I tried reaching you all day long.
迈克 我曾找过你
Your answering service doesn't answer.
但你的电话代接站打不通
You know the trouble people have with answering services.
电话代接站的问题不少
Well, I guess so. Careful your mother never.
我那天在埃摩洛哥遇到你妈
She's been running around.
她很漂亮
You look so wonderful.
你很漂亮
I know. And after all that she said about him, and he knows that.
我知道 自她说了那些之后 他也知道
Holly.
霍莉
-Time, darling. -What?
-几点了 亲爱的 -什么
The time?
几点了
-Do you have a watch? -No, I don't.
-你有手表吗 -没有
-Let me see it. It's 6:45. -Thank you so much, dear.
-让我看看 是六点三刻 -谢谢你
Can I borrow it?
可否借我
Really, was that necessary?
有必要这样吗
This is some party. Who are all these people, anyhow?
好热闹 这些人是谁
Who knows? The word gets out.
天晓得 他们闻风而至
You don't mind, do you, darling?
你不介意吧 亲爱的
Reinforcements.
补给品来了
-Where do I put it? -Right in there.
-该放在哪儿 -放里边吧
Holly.
霍莉
Holly, darling.
亲爱的霍莉
-What's that? -Mag Wildwood.
-那是谁 -怀玛吉
She's a model, believe it or not, and a thumping bore.
信不信由你 她是模特儿 更是麻烦鬼
But just look at the goodies she brought with her.
但看看她带来什么好东西
He's all right, I suppose, if you like dark, handsome, rich-looking men
他还不赖 若你喜欢黑皮肤的英俊富家子
with passionate natures and too many teeth.
他热情 而且牙齿太多
I don't mean that one. I mean the other one.
我不是说这个 是另一个
-The other one? -He's Rusty Trawler.
-另一个 -那是托拉斯
Rusty Trawler.
托拉斯
He happens to be the ninth-richest man in America under 50.
他在美国五十岁以下富翁排名榜上占第九位
Now that indeed is a remarkable piece of information to have at your fingertips.
你的资料还真是手到擒来
I keep track of these things.
我很留意这些事
-Excuse me. You owe me $47. -Hold this a minute, will you, darling?
-对不起 你欠我47块 -请你拿着吧
Mag, darling, what are you doing here?
亲爱的 你为什么在这儿
Honey, I was upstairs working with Yunioshi.
我在楼上和雄志先生工作
Easter stuff for the Bazaar.
替杂志拍复活节专集
Then these two nice boys came to pick me up.
这两位绅士来接我
It was a mistake, of course. My wires got crossed somewhere.
这是一场误会 我的头脑给弄糊涂了
They were both very sweet about it.
但他们一点也不介意
May I present Jose da Silva Pereira?
这是柏荷西
He's from Brazil.
来自巴西
Miss Golightly.
这是高小姐
Very kind of you, Miss Golightly, to allow me to attend your party.
谢谢你让我参加这派对
I'm so interested in North American culture.
我对北美文化很感兴趣
I've been already, of course, to the Statue of Liberty
我参观过自由神像和
and to the restaurant Automatique.
自助餐厅
But this is the first time I'm in a typical North American home.
我还是首次拜访典型北美家庭
Wouldn't he just melt in your mouth?
他很可爱吧
And this is Mr. Rusty Trawler.
这是托拉斯先生
Miss Golightly.
这是高小姐
You're not vexed at me for bringing them?
我请他们来 你不生气吧
-Of course not, darling. -I'm glad.
-当然不生气了 -我很高兴
Now, who's going to bring me a bourbon?
谁给我弄一杯波旁酒
-O.J. -Yeah?
-O.J. -什么
-Would you get Miss Wildwood a drink? -Yeah. Which one's Miss Wildwood?
-请给怀小姐一杯酒 -谁是怀小姐
Mr. Berman, we haven't been formally introduced,
白先生 我们还没正式介绍过
but I'm Mag Wildwood from Wildwood, Arkansas.
我是怀玛吉 来自阿肯色州
That's hill country.
那儿多山
You just make yourself right at home, senhor.
随便玩吧 先生
Oh, do not trouble yourself.
不用担心
I'm contented to stand observing the customs of your country.
我会观察你们的风俗习惯
Okay, you do that.
好的 请随便
Now, come along, Mr. Trawler.
托先生 来吧
Let's see what we can find to amuse you with.
我们一起高兴高兴
Oh, no.
No, no, no.
不 不 不
I wasn't supposed to pick you up.
我没说过来接你
You said you would pick me up, and at the last minute, I had Gil come.
你说过要来接我 最后我叫基尔来
Look, I wasn't supposed to pick you up, here or anywhere.
我没说过来接你
-Yes? -Miss Golightly?
-喂 -高小姐
This time I'm warning you.
这次我警告你
I am definitely this time going to calling the police!
这次我一定会报警
Good evening.
晚安
Is it something important?
有什么要事吗
No. Just the guy upstairs.
不 只是楼上那家伙
Complaining about the noise.
投诉噪音
He's angry.
他生气吗
Well, he did mention something about calling the police.
他提及报警
Oh, the police. The police?
报警
That I cannot have. I'd better find Miss Wildwood and go.
不好了 我要找怀小姐一同离开
To think I'd find a beau of mine,
我的男友竟看上
mousing after a piece of cheap Hollywood trash.
好莱坞的骚货
-Mag, darling, you're being a bore. -Shut up.
-亲爱的 你太麻烦了 -闭嘴
You. You know what's going to happen to you?
你知道你会有什么下场
I am going to march you over to the zoo and feed you to the yak.
我把你送到动物园喂牝牛
Just as soon as I finish this drink.
先让我喝完这杯
Timber!
倒了
Sorry.
对不起
Good evening, Ed.
艾特 晚安
-It's Paul baby. -Oh, yes.
-这是保罗宝贝 -是的
-You remember Irving, don't you? -Yeah. Hi, Irving.
-你记得艾云吗 -你好 艾云
-This is Jose. -Nice to meet you, Jose.
-这是荷西 -荷西 幸会
-Wonderful seeing you. -Yes.
-幸会 -是的
Jewel thieves.
他们是珠宝大盗
新新监狱
Sally helps me with my accounts.
沙利替我管帐
I have no head for figures at all.
我的数字头脑很差
I'm trying desperately to save some money. You know, I told you.
我一直想储点钱
I just can't seem to.
但总不成功
He makes me write down everything in there.
他吩咐我把收入与支出列明
What I get, what I spend.
赚了多少 花了多少
I used to have a checking account, but he made me get rid of that.
我曾有一个支票户口 但他要我把它取消
He feels, for me, anyway, that it's better to operate on a cash basis, tax-wise.
他认为方便缴税 我该以现金结算
Some day, Mr. Fred, you take this book, turn it into a novel.
你有一天会把这本子写成小说
Everything is there. Just fill in a little of the details.
万事俱备 只要加入细节
Certainly would be good for some laughs.
那只会引人发笑
No. No, I don't think so.
不是的
This is a book would break the heart.
这书会令人心醉
"Mr. Fitzsimmons, powder room, $50."
"费先生 化妆室 50元"
"Less $18."
"用去18元"
"Repair one black satin dress."
"修补黑缎子裙"
"Cat food, 27 cents."
"猫粮 27分"
Sally, darling, please stop. You're making me blush.
别说了 你使我难为情
But you're right about Jack Fitzsimmons, he's an absolute rat.
你说得对 费杰克是小人
I guess, of course, I don't really know anybody but rats.
当然了 我认识的全是小人
Except, of course, Fred here.
除了费特之外
You do think Fred is nice, don't you, Sally?
你认为费特很好吧
For you, I hope he is.
为了你好 我希望他是的
Give me a kiss goodbye.
跟我吻别吧
Goodbye, Uncle Sally. Till next week.
沙利叔叔 再见了 下周再见
Goodbye, Uncle Sally.
沙利叔叔 再见
Goodbye and don't forget to send that book, eh?
记得把书寄来
I won't.
一定
What about the weather report?
天气报告如何
Oh, yes.
对了
Snow flurries expected this weekend in New Orleans.
本周末新奥尔良会下一阵小雪
Snow flurries expected this weekend in New Orleans?
本周末新奥尔良会下一阵小雪
Isn't that just the weirdest?
真古怪吧
I bet they haven't had snow in New Orleans for a million years.
我敢打赌新奥尔良好久没下雪
I don't know how he thinks them up.
真不知道他怎想出来的
我的朋友
从前有一个很可爱 很惊慌的女孩
Moon River
月河
她独自生活 只有一头无名字的猫作伴
Wider than a mile
相距何止一里
I'm crossing you in style
我有一天
Some day
与你相遇
Oh, dream maker
做梦者
You heartbreaker
令人心碎者
Wherever you're going
不管你往哪儿去
I'm going your way
我也相随
Two drifters
两个漂泊者
Off to see the world
去看看这世界
There's such a lot of world
这世界缤纷灿烂
To see
目不暇接
We're after
我们都追逐
The same
相同的
Rainbow's end
梦想
Waiting 'round the bend
在河曲处等候
My huckleberry friend
我那顽童般的朋友
Moon River
月河
And me
和我
-What you doing? -Writing.
-你在干什么 -写作
Good.
很好
Well, hello.
你好
-What's wrong? -I don't know.
-怎么了 -我不知道
It's probably nothing.
也许没有什么
I want to see if he's still there.
我想看看他是否还在
See if who's still there? What are you talking about?
看谁是否还在 你说什么
Look.
See? I noticed him yesterday afternoon.
我昨天中午已留意到他
I didn't say anything, I didn't want to sound neurotic,
我没说什么 免得像神经兮兮的
-but when he's there again today. -Who do you think he is?
-但是他今天又在这儿 -你认为他是谁
It could be anybody, of course, but what crossed my mind was
我也说不准 但我猜
suppose Bill's having us watched, huh?
也许比尔找人监视我们
Okay, I'll take care of this.
好吧 交给我应付
No. No, don't. Please.
不 别去
Look, if that's what it is, you'll only make everything worse.
若我猜的没错 你只会令事情恶化
I'll be careful. You wait here.
我会小心的 你等我吧
Darling, please don't. I don't think you should.
亲爱的 别去 你不该去
Now take it easy.
别紧张
I just want to find out what this is all about.
我想弄个明白而已
All right, what do you want?
好了 你想怎样
Son, I need a friend.
孩子 我需要一个朋友
That's me. That's her.
这是我 这是她
That's her brother Fred.
这是她的弟弟费特
You're Holly's father?
你是霍莉的父亲吗
Her name ain't Holly.
她不是叫霍莉
She was Lula Mae Barnes.
她是巴雷美
Was till she married me.
那是她婚前的姓名
I'm her husband, Doc Golightly.
我是她的丈夫高医生
Paul Varjak.
我是韦保罗
I'm a horse doctor. Animal man.
我是医马的兽医
Do some farming, too, near Tulip, Texas.
我也有务农 家在德州图利附近
Her brother Fred's getting out of the army soon.
她的弟弟快服完兵役
Lula Mae belongs home with her husband,
雷美该与丈夫
her brother and her children.
弟弟和孩子同住
Children?
孩子
Them's her children.
她的孩子们
She's got four children?
她有四个孩子
Now, son, I didn't claim they was her natural-born children.
我没说他们是她的亲生孩子
Their own precious mother, precious woman,
他们的生母 我的前妻
passed away July the 4th, Independence Day, 1955,
在1955年7月4日逝世
the year of the drought.
那年大旱
When I married Lula Mae, she was going on 14.
雷美快14岁时嫁给了我
Now, you might think the average person going on 14,
一般的14岁少年心智
wouldn't know his own mind.
还不成熟
But you take Lula Mae.
但巴雷美可不是这样
She was an exceptional person.
她是一个很特别的人
I'll tell you, son,
我跟你说
she just plumb broke our hearts when she run off like she done.
当她离家出走时伤透我们的心
Just plain had no reason.
她没有出走的理由
All the housework was done by her daughters.
所有家务由女儿负责
Lula Mae could just take it easy.
雷美可干得轻松
I tell you, that woman got positively fat,
她长得很丰满
while her brother, he growed up into a giant.
她的弟弟也长得高大
Which is a sight different from the way they come to us.
跟他们初来我们家时两个样子
A couple of wild young'uns, they was.
他们当时还是野孩子
I caught them outside the house stealing milk and turkey eggs.
我抓到他们在偷牛奶和火鸡蛋
Lula Mae and her brother had been living
他们曾在图利东部和一些
with some mean, no-account people about 100 mile east of Tulip.
窝囊废生活
She had good cause to run off from that house.
她有理由离开那个家
Never had none to leave mine.
但没有理由离我们而去
What about her brother? Didn't he leave, too?
她的弟弟也走了吗
No, sir. We had Fred with us till they took him in the army.
没有 我们收留费特 直至他被召入伍
That's what I come to talk to her about. I had a letter from him.
我为了此事来找她 我有他的信
He's getting out of the army in February.
他将在二月服完兵役
That's why I got on a Greyhound bus to come to get her.
所以我来找她
Lula Mae's place is with her husband, her children, and her brother.
雷美该与她的丈夫 孩子和弟弟同住
It's the prize in the Cracker Jack. You want it?
这是朱古力的赠品 你想要吗
Never could understand why that woman run off.
不明白她为何离家出走
Don't tell me she weren't happy.
别说她过得不快乐
Talky as a jaybird she was.
她吱吱喳喳的说话
With something smart to say on every subject.
而且言之有理
Better than the radio.
比电台还厉害
The night I proposed, I cried like a baby.
我向她求婚那晚上 我哭得像个婴孩
She said, "What you want to cry for, Doc? Of course we'll be married.
她说 你为什么哭 我们一定会结婚的
"I've never been married before."
"我从没结过婚"
Well, I had to laugh and to hug and to squeeze her.
我大笑起来 紧抱着她
"Never been married before."
"从没结过婚"
Listen, son. I advised you I need a friend.
我已说过 我需要一个朋友
'Cause I don't want to surprise or scare her none.
因为我不想吓她一跳
Be my friend. Let her know I'm here.
当我的朋友 告诉她我来了
Will you do that for me, son?
你可以帮我的忙吗
Yeah, sure, Doc. If that's what you want.
好的 只要你想这样
Come on.
走吧
All right.
好啦
Coming.
来了
Oh, darling, I'm just on my way out.
亲爱的 我正要外出
I was supposed to be at 21 half an hour ago.
我该半小时前赴约
Maybe we can have a drink or something tomorrow, huh?
我们明天一起喝一杯吧
Sure, Lula Mae,
好的 雷美
if you're still here tomorrow.
若你明天还在这儿
Oh, please, where is he?
告诉我 他在哪儿
Fred?
费特
Fred?
费特
Gosh.
天啊
Lula Mae.
雷美
Gee, honey, don't they feed you up here? You're so skinny.
甜心 他们没给你好吃的吗 你很瘦呢
-Hi, Doc. -Gosh, Lula Mae.
-你好 医生 -雷美
Kingdom come.
太好了
What is it? What's the matter? Are you all right?
怎么了 你没事吧
I guess so. No, I'm not.
没事 不是的
-Fred, will you help me? -If I can.
-费特 你能帮我吗 -好的
I want you to come to the bus station with us, Doc and me.
我想你陪我们到车站去
-What? -He still thinks I'm going back with him.
-什么 -他还以为我会跟他回去
I need support. I don't think I can play this scene alone.
我需要帮助 我不能独自应付他
Holly, what can I do? He's your husband.
霍莉 我能怎么做 他是你的丈夫
-No, he's not. -He's not?
-他不是 -他不是吗
It was annulled ages ago, but he just won't accept it.
这段婚姻早已无效 是他不肯接受现实
Please, Fred. I'll tell him you're coming to see us off.
拜托你 我告诉他你来送别
Don't say anything.
别说什么
Just meet us out front in about an hour. Please?
一小时后在大门外等 拜托你
You wait right here, honey. I'll get the bag.
你等我一会 我去取行李
Why don't I get some magazines?
我去买杂志
Please, Fred. Don't leave me.
费特 别丢下我
Attention, please.
请注意
Leaving from platform five, through coach to Dallas,
五号月台班车 将前往达拉斯
Philadelphia, Columbus, Indianapolis, Terre Haute,
费城 哥伦布 印弟安纳 泰勒欧特
St. Louis, Tulsa, Oklahoma City, Denison, Dallas.
圣路易斯 陶沙 俄克拉荷马城 丹尼逊 达拉斯
Come on, Lula Mae. That's us.
雷美 来吧 是我们的车
Doc, I'm not coming with you.
医生 我不会跟你走
Come on. Let's walk together quietly and I'll try and help you understand.
我们去散步 让我跟你解释
Help me talk to him, Fred.
费特 帮我劝劝他
It's all right, son.
没事的
I appreciate you wanna help, but it's between Lula Mae and me.
谢谢你的好意 但这是我们之间的事
Sure, Doc.
医生 我明白
I love you, Lula Mae.
雷美 我爱你
I know you do, and that's just the trouble.
我知道 这才令我烦恼
It's a mistake you always made, Doc, trying to love a wild thing.
你总犯这样的错 去爱野生不羁的动物
You were always lugging home wild things.
你总把野生动物带回家
Once it was a hawk with a broken wing,
有一次是一头折翼的鹰
and another time it was a full-grown wildcat with a broken leg.
另一次是折肢的成年野猫
Remember?
记得吗
Lula Mae, there's something.
雷美 我有
You mustn't give your heart to a wild thing.
你不能爱野生不羁的动物
The more you do, the stronger they get.
你越爱它们 它们越强壮
Until they're strong enough to run into the woods or fly into a tree.
最后它们有气力逃到树林和飞到树上
And then to a higher tree and then to the sky.
然后便一飞冲天
Lula Mae, there's something I got to tell you.
雷美 我有话跟你说
A couple of weeks ago, I got a letter from young Fred.
数周前 我收到费特的信
From Fred? He's all right, isn't he?
费特 他没事吧
Yeah, he's fine, I guess.
我想他很好
He's getting out of the army in February.
他在二月便服完兵役
-That's what he wrote to tell me. -In February?
-他在信中这么写 -二月吗
Well, that's only four months.
还有四个月而已
So you see, you got to come back with me, Lula Mae.
所以你要跟我回去 雷美
Your place is with me and your children and your brother.
你该与我 孩子和弟弟同住
Doc, you've got to understand. I can't come back.
医生 你要明白 我不能回去
And you got to understand what I'm trying to tell you.
你也要明白我想说的话
Now, I don't want to seem like I'm pressuring you none, but now I got to.
我不想逼你 但我现在不这样不行
If you don't come back with me,
若你不回来
I'm gonna have to write young Fred and tell him that
我便写信给费特
unless he wants to look out for hisself, he better sign up for another hitch.
叫他再服役一段时间
Doc, don't you do that. Don't write that to him.
你别这样 别写信给他
I'll write him myself and tell him I want him here with me.
我想他来跟我生活
I'll take care of him. Don't you worry.
我会照顾他 别担心
You're talking crazy, Lula Mae.
雷美 你疯了
Doc, stop calling me that. I'm not Lula Mae anymore.
别说了 我不再是雷美
All right, Lula Mae.
好吧 雷美
I guess you know what you're doing.
我猜你知道你在做什么
Keep an eye on her, will you, son?
孩子 请照顾她
At least see she eats something once in a while.
至少确保她吃点东西
Sure, Doc.
医生 好的
So skinny.
她真瘦
Please, Doc. Please understand.
医生 愿你明白
I love you, but I'm just not Lula Mae anymore.
我爱你 但我已不是雷美
I'm not.
再不是了
You know the terrible thing, Fred, darling?
费特 你知道吗
I am still Lula Mae.
最可怕的是我仍是雷美
Fourteen years old, stealing turkey eggs and running through a briar patch.
那个十四岁 偷火鸡蛋 在田里奔走的雷美
But now I call it having the mean reds.
但我现在却称那是心绪不宁的日子
Well, it's still too early to go to Tiffany's.
现在到蒂凡尼还早呢
I guess the next best thing is a drink.
那么我们去喝一杯
Yes, I very much need a drink.
对 我很需要喝一杯
-Will you buy me one, Fred, darling? -Sure.
-你会请我喝酒吗 费特 -会
Only promise me one thing. Don't take me home until I'm drunk.
答应我一件事 不醉无归
Until I'm very drunk indeed.
我要喝得很醉
Do you think she's talented?
你认为她很有天分吗
-Deeply and importantly talented? -No.
-极端和十分有天分吗 -不
Amusingly and superficially talented, yes,
只是引人发笑和肤浅的天分
but deeply and importantly, no.
不是极端和十分有天分
Gracious.
真美
Do you think she's handsomely paid?
你认为她的收入很高吗
Oh, indeed.
是的
Well, let me tell you something, mister.
先生 让我告诉你一件事
If I had her money, I'd be richer than she is.
若我有她的收入 我会比她富有
-How do you figure that? -Because I'd keep the candy store.
-为什么 -因为我会把糖果店留着
Old Sally Tomato. That's my candy store.
杜沙利就是我的糖果店
I'd always keep Sally.
我把杜沙利留着
And that's why I'd be richer than she is.
所以我比她富有
We'd better get a little more air.
我们去透透气吧
Tom, Dick, and Harry. No. Correction.
汤姆 迪克和夏里 不 更正
Every Tom, Dick and Sid, Harry was his friend.
该是汤姆 迪克和锡德 夏里是他的朋友
Anyway, every Tom, Dick and Sid thinks that if he takes a girl to dinner,
那些阿猫阿狗以为邀女孩共进晚餐
she'll just curl up like a kitten in a little furry ball at his feet, right?
她便会乖乖的像一头小猫吗
I have by actual count been taken to dinner
我在这两个月里
by 26 different rats in the last two months.
便曾跟26个不同的小人共进晚餐
Twenty-seven, if you count Benny Shacklett,
27个才对 若把超级小人
who is in many ways a super-rat.
萨宾利算在内
-I think I forgot my key. -Never mind. I just buzzed Yunioshi.
-我忘了带钥匙 -不要紧 按雄志的门铃
Do you wanna know something funny?
我告诉你一件趣事吧
In spite of the fact that most of these rats fork up
虽然大部分小人
$50 for the powder room like little dolls,
都给我50块钱上化妆室
I find I have again by actual count $9 less in the old bank account
但我的户口还是比六个月前
than I had six months ago.
少了九块钱
So, my darling Fred,
费特
I have tonight made a very serious decision.
我今晚下了重要决定
And what is that?
什么决定
No longer will I play the field.
我不再乱交情人
-Congratulations. -The field stinks
-恭喜你 -在经济和社交上而言
both economically and socially.
这做法太差劲
And I'm giving it up.
所以我决定放弃
Miss Golightly, this time I'm not only calling the police,
高小姐 我这次不只叫警察
but the fire department and the New York State Housing Commission,
还有消防处和纽约州房屋委员会
and, if necessary, the Board of Health!
必要时还有卫生局
Quiet up there. You want to wake the whole house?
别吵 你要把全部人吵醒吗
As Miss Golightly was saying before she was so rudely interrupted.
正如高小姐在被无礼打断前所说
Miss Golightly further announces her intention
高小姐宣布计划
to devote her many considerable talents
把不算少的天分投资在
to the immediate capture, for the purpose of matrimony
为了结婚的关系 要即时俘虏
of Mr. Rutherford.
托先生
Rusty to his friends, of whom I'm sure he has many.
他的朋友称他拉斯 我知道他有很多朋友
-Trawler. -Who?
-托拉斯 -谁
Rusty Trawler. You met him at my party a couple of weeks ago.
托拉斯 你数周前在派对上见过他
He came with Mag Wildwood.
他和怀玛吉同来
Not the beautiful Latin type.
不是英俊拉丁男子
The other one, the one that looks like a pig.
是另一个 长得像头猪那个
Remember?
记得吗
The ninth-richest man in America under 50?
美国五十岁以下富翁榜中排名第九
Do I detect a look of disapproval in your eye?
我感到你有反对的眼光
Tough beans, buddy, 'cause that's the way it's gonna be.
很遗憾 事情就是这样
Hi, cat.
猫咪 你好
Holly, you're drunk.
霍莉 你醉了
True.
没错
-Absolutely true. True, but irrelevant. -What are you doing?
-说得很对 但无关重要 -你做什么
So I think we should have a drink
我们该为新任的
to the new Mrs. Rusty Trawler.
托拉斯太太干杯
-Me. -Hey, take it easy.
-那就是我 -慢慢来
What's the matter, don't you think I can do it?
怎么了 你以为我做不来吗
Tell me. Seriously, I'm interested. Don't you think I can?
认真的告诉我 你以为我做不来吗
You heard the Doc.
你听到医生怎说
My brother gets out of the army in February
弟弟快服完兵役
and the Doc won't take him back. So it's all up to me.
医生不会收留他 只有靠我了
I don't know why you don't understand.
我不知道你为何不明白
I need money, and I'll do whatever I have to do to get it.
我需要钱 我会不惜一切赚钱
So,
所以
this time next month, I'll be the new Mrs. Rusty Trawler.
下个月我便会成为新任托拉斯太太
And I think we should have a little drink to that.
我们喝一杯庆祝
It's all gone. Isn't that too bad?
喝光了 真可惜
Got any whiskey upstairs?
你家有威士忌吗
-But you've had enough. -Go ahead. Get the whiskey.
-你已经喝很多了 -快去拿酒来
I'll pay you for it.
我会给你钱
-Holly, please. -No, no, you disapprove of me
-霍莉 别这样 -不 你反对我
and I do not accept drinks from gentlemen who disapprove of me.
我不接受反对我的男人请我喝酒
I'll pay for my own whiskey and don't you forget it.
我有钱买酒 你可别忘了
Holly.
霍莉
I do not accept drinks from disapproving gentlemen.
我不接受反对我的男人请我喝酒
Especially not disapproving gentlemen who are kept by other ladies.
尤其是已有情人的和反对我的男人
So take it.
拿着
You should be used to taking money from ladies by now.
你已习惯收下女人给的钱吧
If I were you, I'd be more careful with my money.
若我是你 我会小心用钱
Rusty Trawler is too hard a way of earning it.
下嫁托拉斯不是赚钱捷径
It should take you exactly four seconds to cross from here to that door.
你有四秒时间滚蛋
I'll give you two.
我只给你两秒
城市信托储蓄银行-韦保罗 五十元整
托拉斯娶第四任太太
花花公子娶女继承人 说"就是她了"
I've come up to talk to you about the other night,
我想和你谈那晚的事
then I saw the paper, and.
然后看到报章
Well, actually, I'm kind of embarrassed about it,
我也有点尴尬
but since it concerns you, I thought I ought to talk to you about it in person.
但既然此事与你有关 便该亲自跟你说
What?
什么
What?
什么
The earplugs.
是耳塞
I can't go through the whole thing again.
我不想再说一遍了
It's sufficient to say, I've come to make up.
我来跟你和好的
And as an added inducement, I have all kinds of news.
而且我有不少消息
Can I come in?
我可以进来吗
I guess so. Just a minute. Do I have a nightgown on?
可以 慢着 我穿了睡袍吗
No, I don't. Would you mind turning around for a second?
没有 你可以转身一会吗
Oh, never mind. It's such a corny line anyway.
算了吧 那只是陈旧的对白
I'll turn around myself.
我转身好了
Come in.
进来吧
Have you seen the paper?
你看过报纸了没有
Rusty, you mean?
你是说拉斯的新闻
Yes. I know all about it.
我早知道
Certainly had him pegged wrong, didn't I?
我看错他了 是吗
I thought he was just a rat, but he was a super-rat all along.
我以为他只是小人 但他原来是超级小人
A super-rat in rat's clothing.
装成小人的超级小人
You don't even know the best part.
还有更精彩的
Not only was he a rat, or a super-rat, rather,
他不但是超级小人
he was also broke.
他还身无分文
Broke. I mean, but not a farthing.
身无分文 一毛钱也没有
His family has money, of course, but he personally is broke.
他的家族当然富有 但他却身无分文
It turns out he owes $700,000.
原来他欠下七十万元
Can you imagine anyone owing $700,000?
能想像有人欠下七十万元吗
$43, yes.
欠43元还可以
Anyway, that's why he decided to marry the queen of the pig people.
结果他决定和一头母猪结婚
I'll tell you one thing, Fred, darling,
费特 我要告诉你
I'd marry you for your money in a minute.
我可以为了钱马上和你结婚
-Would you marry me for my money? -In a minute.
-你会为了钱和我结婚吗 -马上
So I guess it's pretty lucky neither of us is rich, huh?
幸好我们都是穷光蛋
Yeah.
是的
Fred, darling, I'm so glad to see you.
费特 见到你就好
What have you been doing?
你最近忙什么
Writing, mostly.
大多是写作
Sold a story. Just got word this morning.
我售出了一个作品 今早有回音
Oh, that's marvelous. It really is.
真的太好了
But.
但是
Only how does your decorator friend feel about it?
你的室内设计师朋友认为如何
I thought you were supposed to be saving yourself and all of that?
我还以为你该储蓄呢
You know something?
你知道吗
I haven't got around to telling her about it yet.
我还没告诉她
Look, why don't we go out and have a drink
我们去喝酒
or take a walk or something to celebrate?
散步作庆祝吧
All right.
好的
I think there's some champagne in the icebox.
冰箱里还有香槟
Why don't you open it while I get dressed?
你把它开了吧 我去更衣
Okay.
好的
I don't think I've ever drunk champagne before breakfast before.
我从没试过在吃早餐前喝香槟
With breakfast on several occasions.
曾试过吃早餐时喝
But never before, before.
但从没试过在早餐前喝
Now I've got a wonderful idea.
我有个好主意
We can spend a whole day doing things we've never done before.
我们整天去做些从没做过的事
We'll take turns. First something you've never done, then me.
首先是你 然后是我
Of course, I can't really think of anything I've never done.
我可想不到有什么我没做过
I've never been for a walk in the morning before.
自从来了纽约后
At least not since I've been in New York.
我没试过在早上散步
I've walked up Fifth Avenue at 6:00,
我曾在六点在第五大道上走
but as far as I'm concerned, that's still night.
但那时还是晚上
-Do you think it counts? -Sure it counts. Now we're even.
-这个也算吗 -当然 我们扯平了
-Don't you just love it? -Love what?
-你喜欢吗 -喜欢什么
Tiffany's.
蒂凡尼
Isn't it wonderful?
它不是很棒吗
You see what I mean how nothing bad could ever happen to you
这儿不会发生
in a place like this?
什么坏事
It isn't that I give a hoot about jewelry, except diamonds, of course.
我不是看不起珠宝 当然除了钻石外
Like that.
像这个
What do you think?
你认为如何
Well.
那个
Of course, personally, I think it would be tacky to wear diamonds before I'm 40.
我认为40岁前戴钻石有点俗气
Well, you're right. But in the meantime, you should have something.
对 但你现在该拥有什么
I'll wait.
我会等的
No. I'm gonna buy you a present.
不 我送你一份礼物
You bought me one, a typewriter ribbon, and it brought me luck.
你送的色带给我好运
All right, but Tiffany's can be pretty expensive.
但蒂凡尼的东西很贵
I've got my check and $10.
我有支票和十块钱
Oh, I wouldn't let you cash your check.
你不能把支票兑现
But a present for $10 or under, that I'll accept.
但我会接受十块钱或以下的礼物
Of course, I don't exactly know what we're going to find at Tiffany's for $10.
不知道蒂凡尼有什么东西会在十块钱以下
May I help you?
可以为你效劳吗
Perhaps. Actually, we were looking for a present for the lady.
也许吧 我们为这小姐找份礼物
Certainly, sir.
是的 先生
Is there something special you had in mind?
你有什么想要的
Well, we had considered diamonds.
我们曾考虑过钻石
Now, I don't want to offend you,
我无意冒犯
but the lady feels that diamonds are tacky for her.
但她认为钻石太俗气
Oh, I think they're divine on older women,
我认为年长点戴钻石才好看
but I don't think they'd be right for me. You do understand?
只是不适合我而已 你知道吗
Certainly.
是的
In all fairness, I think I ought to explain. There's also a secondary problem.
我还要解释一下 我有另一个问题
One of finance.
是财政问题
We can only afford to spend a limited amount.
我们的预算不多
-May I ask how limited? -$10.
-请问有多少 -十元
$10?
十元
That was the outside figure, yes.
这是上限
I see.
原来这样
Do you have anything for $10?
你有十元的礼物吗
Well, frankly, madam, within that price range
这个价钱的货品
the variety of merchandise is rather limited.
选择有限
However, I do think we might have, let me see.
但应该也有的 让我看看
Strictly as a novelty, you understand.
是新款小巧的东西
For the lady and gentleman who has everything,
给已拥有一切的人
a sterling silver telephone dialer,
这是银制的电话拨号棒
at $6.75, including tax.
加上税6.75元
A sterling silver telephone dialer.
银制的电话拨号棒
Yes, sir. At $6.75, including federal tax.
是的 加上税6.75元
Well, the price is right, but I must say,
价格很适合 但是
I'd rather hoped for something slightly more, how shall I say it,
我想要一些比较 该怎么说
romantic in feeling.
浪漫一点的
What do you think?
你认为呢
As sterling silver telephone dialers go,
作为一个银制的电话拨号棒
I certainly think it's handsome, but, well, you do understand?
它的设计不错 你明白吗
Well, we tried, but I guess.
我们找过了 但是我想
We could have something engraved, couldn't we?
可以替我们刻字吗
Yes, I suppose so.
可以的
Yes, indeed.
当然可以
The only problem is, you would more or less have to buy something first
但你们要先买点东西
if only in order to have some object upon which to place the engraving.
才可以在那货品上刻字
You see the difficulty.
希望你明白
Well.
那么
We could have this engraved, couldn't we?
我们可以在上面刻字
I think it would be very smart.
应该很好看
This, I take it, was not purchased at Tiffany's?
这不是在蒂凡尼买的吧
No.
不是
Actually, it was purchased concurrent with.
这是在
Well, actually, it came inside of,
事实上这是
well, a box of Cracker Jack.
朱古力的赠品
I see.
原来如此
Do they still really have prizes in Cracker Jack boxes?
现在的朱古力还有赠品吗
-Oh, yes. -That's nice to know.
-是的 -那就好了
It gives one a feeling of solidarity
这使人觉得
almost of continuity with the past, that sort of thing.
旧日子没变
Do you think Tiffany's would really engrave it for us?
蒂凡尼能替我们刻字吗
I mean, you don't think they would feel it was beneath them
他们不会觉得
or anything like that?
这东西不值一顾
Well, it is rather unusual, madam.
这情况并不常见
But I think you'll find that Tiffany's is very understanding.
但蒂凡尼是很周到的
If you would tell me what initials you would like,
请把名字缩写告诉我
I think we could have something ready for you in the morning.
明早便会做好
Didn't I tell you this was a lovely place?
我早说过这是个好地方
What is this place, anyway?
这是什么地方
You said you wanted to sit down. It's the public library.
你想坐一会儿 这是公众图书馆
-You've never been here? -No. That makes two for me.
-你从没来过吗 -对 我做了两件没做过的事
-I don't see any books. -They're in there.
-我看不见书 -全在里边
See?
看见吗
Each one of these little drawers is stuffed with little cards.
这些抽屉全塞满了小卡片
And each little card is a book or an author.
上面写了书名或作者名字
I think that's fascinating.
太有趣了
V-A-R-J-A-K.
Really?
真的吗
Look. Isn't it marvelous?
看 很棒吧
There you are, right in the public library.
你的名字在图书馆里
"Varjak, Paul. Nine Lives."
"九命 韦保罗著"
And then a lot of numbers.
然后是一堆数字
Do you think they really have the book itself, live?
这儿有这本书吗
Sure. Follow me.
有 跟我来
Number 57. That's us.
57号 该我们了
Fifty-seven, please. Nine Lives by Varjak, Paul.
57号请来 "九命 韦保罗著"
Did you ever read it? It's absolutely marvelous.
你读过了吗 很棒的
-No, I'm afraid I haven't. -Well, you should. He wrote it.
-我没有 -你该看看 是他写的
He's Varjak, Paul, in person.
他是韦保罗
She doesn't believe me.
她不相信我
Show her your driver's license or Diner's Club card or something.
把你的驾驶执照或信用卡给她看
Honest, he really is the author. Cross my heart and kiss my elbow.
他是作者 我可以发誓
Would you kindly lower your voice, miss?
请小声点说话 小姐
Why don't you autograph it to them?
你来签名吧
Don't you think it'd be nice? Sort of make it more personal?
那样不是很好吗 更个人化了
Really, miss.
小姐 请你
Go ahead. Don't be so stuck up, autograph it to them.
快签名 别犹疑 替他们签吧
All right, what shall I say?
好吧 该写些什么
Something sentimental, I think.
写点感性的句子
What are you doing? Stop that!
你做什么 住手
-You're defacing public property. -Well, all right, if that's the way you feel.
-你破坏公物呢 -你要这样想也没办法
Come on, Fred, darling. Let's get out of here.
费特 我们走吧
I don't think this place is half as nice as Tiffany's.
这儿还比不上蒂凡尼那么好
Hey, did you ever steal anything from a five-and-ten
你小时候曾在
when you were a kid, I mean?
廉价店偷东西吗
No. I'm the sensitive, bookish type. Did you?
没有 我是好好读书那类 你呢
I used to. I still do every now and then, sort of to keep my hand in.
有 我现在有时也偷 免得技术生疏
Come on. Don't be chicken.
来 别胆小
Anyway, you've never done it, and it's your turn.
你从没做过 现在该你了
I can't see.
我看不到路了
Hi, cat.
猫咪
Lady of the house at home?
女主人在家吗
Holly?
霍莉
Holly?
霍莉
Trick or treat.
不请吃糖便捣蛋
You're crazy. You know that, don't you? But I love you anyway.
你很疯狂 你知道吗 但我仍爱你
-2-E. -Yeah?
-2E -什么事
I've got to talk to you.
我有话对你说
All right.
说吧
You want a drink?
你要喝点什么
If this is going to be a serious discussion
若这是要事
and suddenly I'm terribly afraid it is
我担心的是
you're going to have to take off that ridiculous mask
那么你要脱下那可笑的面具
or else I'm going to have to wear one, too.
否则我也要戴上面具
2-E, look, please.
2E 别开玩笑了
What's the matter? Girl trouble?
什么事 爱情烦恼吗
Is that it, darling?
是这个吧 亲爱的
Oh, I see.
我明白了
Well, that's not so serious.
这不算严重
As a matter of fact, I've been expecting it.
事实上我已有心理准备
I can't say I like it, but I've been expecting it.
我不喜欢这样 但我已有心理准备
-Who is she? -Hasn't got anything to do with her.
-她是谁 -这事与她无关
This is between you and me.
只是我们的事
Then it is serious.
那么这很严重了
Well, now.
怎么了
2-E, you're a very stylish girl.
2E 你是时髦的女子
Can't we end this stylishly?
我们可以用时髦的方式结束吗
-End it? -Yes.
-结束 -对
Well.
是吗
I do believe love has found Andy Hardy.
相信爱神真的来了
Let's see,
让我猜
a waitress?
是女侍应生吗
A salesgirl?
售货员
No. She'd have to be someone rich, wouldn't she, Paul?
不 她一定是很富有的 对不
Someone who could help you.
可以扶助你的人
Curiously enough,
有趣的是
she's a girl who can't help anyone, not even herself.
她谁也帮不了 连自身也难保
Thing is, I can help her, and it's a nice feeling for a change.
但我可以帮她 这种改变的感觉很好
All right.
好吧
I understand.
我很明白
I'll tell you what, Paul.
告诉你吧
I am a very stylish girl.
我是时髦女子
-What are you doing? -Writing a check.
-你干什么 -写支票
Don't look so bewildered.
别那么困惑的样子
Surely you've noticed me writing checks before.
你看过我写支票的
"Pay to the order of Paul Varjak, $1,000."
"祈付韦保罗一千元"
Take her away somewhere for a week.
带她度假一个星期吧
You're entitled to a vacation with pay.
你该获得一次付薪假期的
Simply a matter of fair labor practice, darling.
这是公平的劳工法 亲爱的
Of course, if you were really smart,
若你聪明点
you'd get some of the other boys together and organize a union.
便该跟其他男人组成工会
That way you'd get all the fringe benefits,
那么便能有全部福利
hospitalization, a pension plan,
住院福利 退休计划
and unemployment insurance when you're,
失业保障 好应付
how shall I put it, between engagements?
该怎么说 等待受聘期间的日子
Thanks for making it easier for me.
谢谢你为我着想
Don't be ridiculous, darling.
别胡闹了
Take the check.
拿着支票
And call your girl.
找你的女朋友吧
No, thanks.
不 谢谢了
I've got a check of my own.
我也有支票
When you get yourself a new writer to help
当你要找一个新作家时
try and find one my size.
找个跟我身材相若的
That way you won't have to even shorten the sleeves.
那么便不用把袖子改短
Holly!
霍莉
Holly!
霍莉
Holly!
霍莉
Holly!
霍莉
-What are you doing? -Excuse me.
-你做什么 -对不起
I'm sorry.
对不起
You look just like a girl I know named Holly.
你像我的朋友霍莉
Really?
真是的
I'm sorry.
对不起
What do you want?
你想怎样
I want to talk to you.
我想跟你谈谈
I'm busy.
我很忙碌
-What are you doing? -Reading.
-你干什么 -看书
"South America: Land of Wealth and Promise"?
"南美 财富及希望之地"
It's very interesting.
很有趣的
Let's get out of here.
走吧
I said let's get out of here. I want to talk to you.
走吧 我有话对你说
What's the matter with you, anyway? What's happened?
你怎么了 发生什么事了
Fred, will you please just leave me alone?
费特 求你别管我吧
Holly.
霍莉
I love you.
我爱你
-Where are you going? -To the ladies' room.
-你去哪儿 -上洗手间
-What's the matter with you, anyway? -Let me go.
-你怎么了 -放开我
-No. -Fred, please let me go.
-不 -费特 放开我吧
Let's get something straight.
先弄清楚一件事
I am not now, nor have I ever been, Fred.
我根本不是费特
Nor am I Benny Shacklett, whoever he may be.
我也不是萨宾利
My name is Paul, Paul Varjak, and I love you.
我是韦保罗 我爱你
-Let me go. -Not till we get this settled.
-放开我吧 -不说清楚不放
Now what's all this jazz about South America?
南美是怎么一回事
I thought if I'm going to marry a South American,
若我要下嫁南美人
I'd better find out something about the country.
我需要了解那个国家
-Marry? What South American? -Jose.
-下嫁什么南美人 -荷西
-Who the hell is Jose? -Jose da Silva Pereira.
-哪个荷西 -柏荷西
Who the hell's Jose da Silva Pereira?
柏荷西是谁
Darling, you met him. I know you did. Mag Wildwood's friend.
你见过他 是怀玛吉的朋友
The tall, good-looking one who came to the party with Rusty?
跟拉斯一起来派对的那个英俊高个子吗
Well, my dear, you won't believe this,
你不会相信的
but it turns out not only is he handsome and wildly rich,
他不但英俊富有
he's absolutely cuckoo for me.
他还对我着迷
-You're crazy. -What? Do you think you own me?
-你疯了 -你以为你拥有我吗
That's exactly what I think.
是的
I know, I know. That's what everybody always thinks,
我知道 大家都这样想
but everybody happens to be wrong.
但他们全错了
Look, I am not everybody.
我不是他们
Or am I?
还是我是
Is that what you really think?
你是这样想吧
That I'm no different from all your other rats and super-rats?
我和那些小人没分别
Wait a minute.
等一会
If that's it,
若你
if that's what you really think,
若你真的这样想
there's something I want to give you.
我有点东西给你
What's that?
这是什么
$50 for the powder room.
上化妆间的50块钱
I wouldn't ask you in, except the place is in such a mess.
我不敢邀你进来
-I couldn't bear to face it alone. -You have a message.
-但我不能独自面对混乱的房子 -有口讯给你
No.
别动
Olé.
真棒
Good evening, Mr. Yunioshi.
雄志先生 晚上好
Good evening, Paul.
保罗 晚上好
Good evening.
晚上好
Good evening.
晚上好
Please, you must help me.
请来帮忙
Holly.
霍莉
Holly. Holly.
霍莉 霍莉
Holly.
霍莉
-Holly. Holly. -Let me go. No!
-霍莉 霍莉 -放开我 不要
Holly.
霍莉
-Holly. -Fred. Fred.
-霍莉 -费特 费特
Holly.
霍莉
No, no.
不 不
Fred.
费特
Fred.
费特
-What did you do to her? -Nothing.
-你对她做了什么 -什么也没做过
There was a telegram, and then this.
她看过电报后便这样
Crashing everything, conducting like a crazy. It's appalling.
打破东西 像疯了一样
I can't have a public scandal. It's too delicate.
我不能惹上绯闻 这样很棘手
My name, my position, my family.
我的声誉 地位 家族
Will there be the police again, do you think?
警察会再来吗
I don't see why. There's no law against busting up your own apartment.
不会 在家里捣乱并不犯法
-Where is the telegram? -There it is.
-电报在哪儿 -在那儿
"Received notice. Young Fred killed
"收到通知说 费特"
"in jeep accident, Fort Riley, Kansas.
"在堪萨斯州赖利堡的吉普车意外中死亡"
"Your husband and children join in the sorrow of our mutual loss.
"你的丈夫和孩子为此难过"
"Letter following. Love, Doc."
"信件稍后附上 爱你的医生"
Her brother Fred.
是她的弟弟费特
This brother, was she very close to him?
他们很亲密吗
Yeah.
是的
What can one do?
有什么可做的
Try to help her.
尝试帮她
I tried. It didn't do much good.
我尝试过了 但没有作用
You got a ranch or something down in Brazil, don't you?
你在巴西有牧场吗
Yes.
是的
That's good. She'll like that.
那就好了 她喜欢这样
Well, you better get in there.
那么你进去吧
飞来巴西
-Hi. -Hello.
-你好 -你好
Got your wire. How did you know where to reach me?
我收到电报 你怎找到我
Oh, I tried everything. Called people, asked around,
我用尽方法 四处打听
and suddenly thought of looking in the phone book.
突然想起电话簿
Anyway, I'm glad you could come.
你能来 我很高兴
-You look fine. -You think so?
-你很漂亮 -你认为是吗
I'm fat as a pig, and I haven't had my hair done in months.
我胖得像猪 多月来没理发
But I'm happy, really happy. It probably shows.
但我很快乐 你也许看得出来
You look très distingué yourself.
你也很风度翩翩
I got a job. I've been writing a little.
我有工作 我最近在写作
I know. I've read three of your stories.
我看过你三篇小说
Two in The New Yorker and one in that funny little magazine.
两篇刊在纽约人杂志 一篇刊在有趣的杂志内
Won't you sit down?
请坐吧
Thank you.
谢谢你
-I've taken up knitting. -So I see.
-我在学编织毛衣 -原来如此
It'll probably look very nice once it's finished.
编织好后应该很美
Actually, I'm a little nervous about it.
其实我也有点紧张
Jose brought up the blueprints for a new ranch house he's building
荷西把新牧场的蓝图带来
and I have this strange feeling
我猜他把那蓝图
that maybe the blueprints and my knitting instructions got switched.
和编织指南换掉了
I mean, it isn't impossible that I'm knitting a ranch house.
我不可能编织一座牧场大屋
Really, darling, I can't tell you how divinely happy I am.
真的 我的快乐真不可言喻
What is that, anyhow?
那是什么
Portuguese. A very complicated language.
葡萄牙语 很复杂的语言
Four thousand irregular verbs.
有四千个不规则动词
Very impressive. What's it mean?
好棒 那是什么意思
"I believe you are in league with the butcher."
"我认为你与刽子手勾结"
Holly, what's this about?
霍莉 什么事
Why did you want to see me?
你为什么找我
Jose's in Washington for the night,
荷西在华盛顿
so I thought if I asked you over, you might come.
我想若我找你 你会来
And, well, I've said goodbye to everyone else I care about.
我要跟我关心的人道别
You're going somewhere?
你到别处去吗
I'm going to Rio tomorrow.
我明天到里约热内卢
I've got the plane ticket, and I've even said goodbye to old Sally.
我已跟沙利道别
Jose is flying down with you?
荷西跟你同去吗
We're going on separate planes, of course.
我们坐不同的飞机
He doesn't think it would look right for us to be traveling together.
我们不该一同起行
His family's very important down there,
他的家族很有名望
so he has to worry about things like that.
所以他很担心
Anyway, I thought I'd show off and cook dinner for us.
我会大显身手做一顿饭
It'll be fun eating in.
在家吃饭很有趣
Did I tell you how divinely and utterly happy I am?
我告诉过你我很快乐吗
Yes.
是的
You are getting married, then?
你会结婚吗
Well, he hasn't really asked me, not in so many words.
他还没有求婚 只字不提
Four, you mean?
四个字
Well, that's how many words it takes.
求婚只需说四个字
"Will you marry me?"
"请嫁给我"
Oh, we'll get married, all right. I know we will.
我们会结婚的 一定会
And in church and with his family there and everything.
在教堂里 他的家人全来观礼
And that's why he's waiting till we get to Rio, probably.
也许因此他等回到里约热内卢才说
Do you think it's trying to tell us something?
你认为这有什么意思吗
I hope you like chicken and saffron rice served with chocolate sauce.
我希望你喜欢鸡煮藏红花饭配上朱古力酱
It's an East Indian classic, my dear.
那是东印度食品 亲爱的
Three months ago, I couldn't scramble eggs.
三个月前 我连炒蛋也不会
Are you all right?
你没事吧
Golly, darling. I did so want to impress you.
天 我本想讨你喜欢的
Look,
其实
I'm not much for chicken with sauce, anyway.
我也不喜欢鸡配酱汁的
Why don't we go out somewhere? Let me buy you a farewell dinner.
不如到外边吃 我替你饯行
That would be fun, as long as it's someplace I can go like this.
若我能这样上街就好了
Years from now,
好多年后
years and years, I'll be back.
我会回来
Me and my nine Brazilian brats.
带着我那九个巴西小鬼
They'll be dark like Jose, of course,
他们会像荷西一样有黑皮肤
but they'll have bright, green, beautiful eyes.
但眼睛会又绿又美
I'll bring them back, all right, 'cause they must see this.
我会带他们回来看看这城市
Oh, I love New York.
我爱纽约
Then why are you leaving? What's in it for you, anyway?
那么你为何要走 这对你有何好处
Look, I know what you're thinking, and I don't blame you.
我明白你的想法 但我不责怪你
I've always thrown out such a jazzy line.
我总是说这种花言巧语
Really, except for Doc and yourself, Jose's my first non-rat romance.
除了医生和你 荷西是第一个不是小人的情人
Not that he's my idea of the absolute finito.
他不是我理想中的依归
He's too prim and cautious to be my absolute ideal.
他太正经谨慎了
Now if I could choose from anybody alive, I wouldn't pick Jose.
若我可以选择的话 我不会挑荷西
Nehru, maybe, or Albert Schweitzer.
尼赫鲁 或者是施韦策
Or Leonard Bernstein.
或是伯恩斯坦
But I am mad about Jose.
但我很爱荷西
I honestly think I'd give up smoking if he asked me.
若他要求 我会戒烟
Come on, darling, let's eat. It's getting late.
来吧 去吃东西 天晚了
I'm leaving tomorrow, and I haven't even begun to pack.
我明天起程 但我还没收拾行李
Didn't want Jose to think I was the kind of girl who loses her key,
我不想荷西觉得我乱丢钥匙
so I had 26 of them made.
所以我配了26把钥匙
No, wait. I got a better idea.
慢着 我有个好主意
Kind of a farewell gesture.
是道别的礼物
Somebody must have tripped the lock.
有人把门锁松开了
Crafty devil, that Yunioshi.
是那狡猾的雄志
Wake up, wake up! The British are coming!
起床了 英国人来了
-Or, in this case, the Brazilians. -Exactly.
-应该说是巴西人 -没错
-Exactly. -I've still got to clean up all that rice.
-没错 -我还要清理厨房
Hey, you know.
你知道
There she are who did it! The wanted woman! There!
队长 她在那儿 她是被通缉的女人
Groenburger. Narcotics squad.
我是缉毒组的康伯格
-What do you mean? -What's going on?
-那是什么意思 -发生什么事了
-Why don't you ask your boss? -What boss?
-你何不问你的老板 -什么老板
Sally Tomato. Why don't you ask him? Come on.
杜沙利 他们不简单 快
Look around for narcotic. They got plenty narcotic in there.
搜查毒品 他们有很多毒品
第19区
-What's your name? -Varjak.
-你叫什么名字 -韦保罗
Hold it down over there!
别吵
Paul Varjak. V-A-R-J-A-K.
韦保罗
Oh, get lost, will you?
滚蛋吧
Get out!
走开
I'm a writer.
我是作家
W-R-l-T-E-R.
写文章的作家
-Please. One, one, please. -One at a time. Please, one.
-一个一个来 -每次一个
Good.
很好
-Wait a minute. Wait a minute. -I can't answer all your questions.
-等等 -我不能同时回答所有问题
-Just one at a time. -Knock it off!
-一个一个来 -安静点
Now, darling, why don't you start?
亲爱的 你开始问吧
Is it true you carried messages from Tomato in code?
你以暗语方式替杜沙利传话吗
Of course not.
没有
I'd just meet Mr. O'Shaughnessy at Hamburger Heaven
我只把天气报告
and give him the weather report.
交给奥西力
Simply do not ask me what this is all about.
别问我那是什么 因为我不知道
But you did used to visit Tomato?
你曾探访杜沙利吗
I used to see him every week. What's wrong with that?
每星期都去 那又如何
Well, you must've known Tomato was part of the narcotics syndicate.
他是贩毒集团的份子
Mr. Tomato never mentioned narcotics to me.
他没跟我提过毒品
It makes me furious the way all these wretched people keep persecuting him.
我对他受迫害感到愤怒
He's a deeply sensitive person.
他很细心
-A darling old man. -Then you're innocent.
-是个慈祥的老人 -那么你是无辜的
-Of course I'm innocent. -What are you going to do about it?
-当然了 -你打算怎样做
-What do you mean? -Well, who's your lawyer?
-什么意思 -谁是你的律师
I don't know.
我不知道
Mr. O'Shaughnessy, I guess.
也许是奥西力先生
Mr. O'Shaughnessy!
奥西力先生
Get out of here!
走开
-All right, come on. -Okay, move.
-来吧 -进去吧
-Come on, then. -Mr. O'Shaughnessy?
-来吧 -奥西力先生
-Shut up! -Get in there.
-闭嘴 -进去
魔女被捕
杜沙利的女人被捕
美女卷入毒品调查
-Yeah. -Mr. Paul Varjak?
-谁 -韦保罗先生
-Yeah. -Ready with Mr. Berman in Hollywood.
-是的 -请与好莱坞的白先生通话
Kindly deposit $3 for the first 3 minutes, please.
首三分钟通话请付3元
Hello?
Hello?
O.J. Berman here. Who's calling?
我是白O.J. 谁找我
-Mr. Berman, this is Paul Varjak. -Nice to talk to you, kid.
-白先生 我是韦保罗 -小伙子 你好
Varjak. V-A-R-J-A-K.
我是韦保罗
I'm a friend of Holly's. I met you at a party in New York.
我是霍莉的朋友 曾在纽约的派对上见过面
-Who? -Paul. Paul Varjak.
-谁 -韦保罗
V-A-R.
Mr. Berman, this is Fred.
白先生 我是费特
Oh, Fred baby, huh?
是费特宝贝
So you're calling about the kid, huh?
你为小家伙的事找我吗
Everything's under control. Just relax.
你别担心 一切都已受控制
I spoke to my lawyer in New York.
我与纽约的律师说过
I told him to take care of everything, send me the bill,
他会负责一切 只管把帐单给我
but to keep my name anonymous.
但是要守密
-What? -Unknown. I don't want any part of it.
-什么 -我不想涉及此事中
-You hear me? -You sound like you're in a tunnel.
-你听到吗 -你听来像在隧道中
It's this executive phone I have.
我用办公电话和你通话
-What? -Executive phone!
-什么 -是办公电话
Fred baby, they only got her on $10,000 bail.
她只需一万元保释金
My lawyer can get her out at 10:00 this morning. I tell you what you do.
律师能在今早保释她 我教你怎么办
You bust into that dump she lives in
你到她的狗窝去
collect all her junk.
把杂物收拾
Go down to the jail. Get her out.
到监狱去接她
Take her straight over to a hotel under a phony name, right?
以假名入住酒店
You wanna keep away from the reporters as much as possible.
别让她接触记者
Do you know what I mean? Will you do that?
你知道吗 你做得到吗
Sure, Mr. Berman.
我能 白先生
-I can't tell you how much I appreciate. -Forget it.
-真的不知怎么感激你 -算了吧
I owe her something.
我欠她的
Not that I owe her anything, I mean, if you really get right down to it,
坦白点说 我并没有欠她什么
but she's a crazy.
但她是疯子
She's a phony.
她装腔作势
But she's a real phony.
她真的装腔作势
-Know what I mean, kid? -Yeah, I know what you mean.
-你明白吗 -我明白
-Thanks, Mr. Berman. Thanks a lot. -Right!
-白先生 谢谢你 -好的
Why don't you behave?
你怎么不乖乖的
Quel night.
好一个晚上
I did a little housebreaking while you were away.
我在你被扣留时进入你家
Clayton Hotel, driver. 84th and Madison.
请到克莱顿酒店 麦迪逊大街和八十四街
O.J. Thinks it'd be a good idea if you stayed out of sight for a while.
O.J.认为你该避开一段时间
I got most of your stuff here, including cat. Hope he's all right.
我把东西拿来了 还有猫咪 我希望它没事吧
Yeah.
是的
Hello, cat.
猫咪 你好
Poor no-name slob.
你这没名字的家伙
Listen, darling. Did you find that plane ticket?
听着 亲爱的 你找到飞机票了吗
-Right here. We can cash it in. -Cash it in? Are you kidding?
-在这儿 我们可以换钱 -你开玩笑吧
What time is it?
几点了
-A little after 10:00. -Good.
-刚过了十点 -很好
Idlewild Airport, please, driver.
请到飞机场
-Never mind. You can't do that. -Why not?
-不用了 你不能这样做 -为什么
You don't understand. You're under indictment.
你不知道吗 你被起诉了
If they catch you jumping bail, they'll lock you up and throw away the key.
若你弃保 他们会把你关起来的
Don't be ridiculous, darling.
别开玩笑 亲爱的
By the day after tomorrow,
后天
I'll be married to the future president of Brazil.
我便下嫁未来巴西总统
And that'll give me diplomatic immunity or something.
这可以给我政治豁免权
I wouldn't bet on it.
这个说不准
What is it, darling?
那是什么 亲爱的
Message for you.
我有一个口讯给你
Oh, yes, I see.
是的 我明白了
Did he bring it in person, or was it,
他亲自把口讯送来
just there, shoved under the door?
还是放在门下
A cousin.
是表弟送来
Hand me my purse, will you, darling?
请把手袋给我 好吗 亲爱的
A girl can't read that sort of thing without her lipstick.
女孩要涂了口红才可看口讯
You read it to me, will you, darling?
你念给我听吧 亲爱的
I don't think I can quite bear.
我猜我受不了
Sure you want me to?
你真的想我念
Okay.
好吧
My dearest little girl.
亲爱的小女孩
I have loved you, knowing you were not as others.
我曾爱过你 知道你不像别的女孩
But conceive of my despair
请想像当我在
upon discovering in such a brutal and public style
公开的情况下发现
how very different you are from the manner of woman
你并不是我这样地位的男人
a man of my position could hope to make his wife.
想要那种妻子时的绝望
I grieve for the disgrace of your present circumstances.
我为你目前的处境感到难过
And I do not find it in my heart
我实在不想
to add my condemn
把我的指责
to the condemn that surrounds you.
再加于你已面对的困恼之上
So I hope you will find it in your heart not to condemn me.
所以我希望你别责怪我
I have my family to protect and my name
我需要保护名誉和家族
and I am a coward where these institutions enter.
我是这制度下的懦夫
"Forget me, beautiful child. And may God be with you.
忘记我吧 美丽的孩子 愿主与你同在
"Jose."
"荷西"
Well?
怎么了
Well, at least he's honest.
至少他很诚实
-It's kind of touching. -Touching?
-很感人 -感人
That square-ball jazz.
他那混蛋
He says he's a coward.
他说他是懦夫
All right. So he's not a regular rat or even a super-rat.
那么他不是小人
He's just a scared little mouse, that's all.
他只是胆小如鼠而已
But, oh, golly.
天啊
Gee, damn.
天呀
Well, so much for South America.
南美梦碎了
I didn't really think you were cut out to be queen of the Pampas, anyway.
你根本当不了南美皇后
-Clayton Hotel. -Idlewild.
-去酒店吧 -去机场
What?
什么
The plane leaves at 12:00. And on it I plan to be.
飞机12点起飞 我不能错过
Holly, you can't.
霍莉 你不能去
I'm not hotfooting it after Jose, if that's what you think. Oh, no.
为什么不可以 你别以为我去找荷西
As far as I'm concerned, he's the future president of nowhere.
我可看不上他是什么总统
Only why should I waste a perfectly good plane ticket?
为什么浪费机票
Only why should I waste a perfectly good plane ticket? Besides, I've never been to Brazil.
我只是浪费了一张机票 反正我没到过巴西
Please, darling, don't sit there looking at me like that.
亲爱的 请别这样坐着看我
I'm going and that's all there is to it.
我已决定到巴西去
Now all they want from me
他们只想我
are my services as the state's witness against Sally.
指证杜沙利
Nobody has any intention of prosecuting me.
他们无意起诉我
To begin with, they don't have a ghost of a chance.
从一开始 他们就没有胜诉机会
Even so, this town's finished for me.
而且 我也不想留在这儿
At least for a while.
起码暂时不想
There are certain shades of limelight that can wreck a girl's complexion.
聚光灯会破坏肤色
They'll have the rope up at every saloon in town.
他们会把市内所有理发厅围起来
I'll tell you what you do for me, darling.
你帮我办一件事 亲爱的
When you get back to town,
当你回到镇里
I want you to call up the New York Times or whoever you call.
你替我找纽约时报
I want you to mail me a list of the 50 richest men in Brazil.
替我把巴西五十名富翁的名单找来
The 50 richest.
是五十名富翁
-Holly, I'm not going to let you do this. -You're not going to let me?
-霍莉 我不让你这样做 -你不让我做
Holly, I'm in love with you.
霍莉 我爱你
-So what? -So what?
-那又如何 -那又如何
So plenty.
我很爱你
-I love you. You belong to me. -No.
-我爱你 你属于我 -不
-People don't belong to people. -Of course they do.
-没有谁属于谁这事 -当然有
I'm not gonna let anyone put me in a cage.
没有人能把我关在笼里
I don't want to put you in a cage. I want to love you.
我不想把你关在笼里 我想爱你
-It's the same thing. -No, it's not.
-都是一样的 -不是的
-Holly. -I'm not Holly.
-霍莉 -我不是霍莉
I'm not Lula Mae, either. I don't know who I am.
也不是雷美 我不知我是谁
I'm like cat, here.
我像猫咪
We're a couple of no-name slobs. We belong to nobody.
我们都是没名字 我们不属于任何人
And nobody belongs to us. We don't even belong to each other.
我们甚至不属于对方
Stop the cab.
停车
What do you think?
怎么了
This ought to be the right kind of place for a tough guy like you.
这儿很适合你这刚强的家伙
Garbage cans, rats galore.
垃圾桶 鼠窝
Scram!
快走吧
I said take off! Beat it!
我说快走吧
Let's go.
走吧
Driver,
司机
pull over here.
请把车停在一旁
You know what's wrong with you, Miss Whoever-you-are?
无名小姐 你知道你有何不妥
You're chicken. You've got no guts.
你怕事 你没胆量
You're afraid to stick out your chin and say, "Okay, life's a fact."
你害怕挺起胸膛说 "生活就是这样"
People do fall in love.
人们相爱
People do belong to each other,
互相属于对方
because that's the only chance anybody's got for real happiness.
因为这是获得真正快乐的唯一机会
You call yourself a free spirit, a wild thing.
你自称为不羁野性
And you're terrified somebody's going to stick you in a cage.
怕别人把你关在笼子里
Well, baby, you're already in that cage. You built it yourself.
但你已身处樊笼 是你亲手建起来的
And it's not bounded in the west by Tulip, Texas,
无论是否在德州图利 这不受地域
or in the east by Somaliland.
的限制
It's wherever you go.
它随你而去
Because no matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself.
不管你往哪儿去 你总受困于自己
Here. I've been carrying this thing around for months.
拿着 这个我已带在身上好久了
I don't want it anymore.
我不想要了
Here, cat!
猫咪 来
Cat!
猫咪
Where's the cat?
猫咪在哪儿
I don't know.
我不知道
Cat!
猫咪
Cat!
猫咪
Cat!
猫咪
Cat!
猫咪
Cat!
猫咪
Cat!
猫咪
Cat.
猫咪
Cat.
猫咪
Cat.
猫咪
Cat.
猫咪