金装律师 第八季 Suits Season 8 第7集: 第7集

上映日期: 0

语言: 英语

影片类型: 剧情 / 喜剧

导演: 安东·克罗帕

演员: 盖布瑞·马赫特 / 里克·霍夫曼 / 莎拉·拉弗提 / 阿曼达·舒尔 / 杜勒·希尔 / 凯瑟琳·海格尔 / 杰克·爱泼斯坦 / 乔·柯布登 / 维德尔·皮尔斯 / Tina Jung


台词
《诉讼双雄》前情提要
You can't put the needs of our child above your own.
你不能把孩子的需求置于自己的需求之上
- I'm not saying that. - Then what are you saying?
-我不是这个意思 -那你什么意思
Because I may not be a mother yet,
因为虽然我还不是母亲
but I know that's what parenthood means.
但我知道做父母就意味着牺牲
You wanna take me on, you go for it.
想跟我较量 你尽管来
'Cause I didn't get where I am
我能坐上这个位置
by letting people like you push me around.
可不是因为我会被你这样的人摆布
David Fox wants a fight, and I'm gonna give him one.
大卫·福克斯想挑事 那我就奉陪
Are you threatening my job?
你是在拿我的工作威胁我吗
I like you, always have.
我一直很欣赏你
But if you don't get yourself on the right of this thing,
但是如果你在这件事上做不对的话
you're never gonna go further than you are right now.
你的升职之路就到此为止了
I care about the kids this charity is supposed to serve.
我关心这些本该由慈善机构照顾好的孩子
But you wouldn't know that because I just don't...
但你不会知道 因为我只是不...
- trust... - People.
-信任... -其他人
Are you saying you took another job?
你是说你换工作了
No, I'm saying I got someone else to take another job.
不 是我让某人换了份工作
You still didn't do what I asked.
你还是没做我吩咐的事情
I signed a client that's gonna be worth
我签了一个将来会对这家律所
a huge amount to this firm.
有巨大价值的客户
I'm a hell of a goddamn lawyer.
我是个出色的律师
You start paying those people what they're worth...
付给那些人他们应得的工资
And?
然后呢
You get free legal services from Harvey Specter himself
你将得到为期一年的哈维·斯佩克特的
for the next year.
免费法律咨询服务
You didn't notice that one of your star attorneys
你都没发现你的当家律师之一
was thinking about leaving.
都在考虑辞职了
And now, thanks to me, he's gonna stay.
现在多亏了我 他才考虑留下
- You're talking about Alex. - Sometimes,
-你在说亚历克斯吗 -而有时候
you need to let us do what we do the way we do it.
你需要让我们按我们的方式来办事
Hello, stranger... seems the only thing
你好 陌生人... 我最近一次见到你
I see of you lately
好像还是在
is your name on the wall.
刻有你名字的墙上
That's because I've been out of town a few days,
那是因为我离开了几天
and I need your help.
我需要你的帮助
Give it to me.
说吧
I've got a legal situation, and it's personal.
我遇到了法律问题 是个人私事
Which means you need me
也就是说你想让我
to send one of ours your way.
派一个我们的律师过去
I was thinking Alex Williams.
我想让亚历克斯·威廉姆斯来
Would you mind if I ask
你介意我问一下
why you didn't just call him yourself?
你为什么不自己给他打电话吗
I was thinking about
我一直在想
a conversation we had a few weeks ago.
几周前我们的那次谈话
You helped me see some things about fostering firm harmony.
你让我懂得了如何促进律所和谐
And if you called him directly,
如果你直接打电话给他
you wouldn't have had a chance to tell me that.
你就没机会把这些话告诉我
Right again, Red.
又被你猜对了 红发妞
I'm guessing firm harmony is also why
我猜你选亚历克斯而不是萨曼莎
you want Alex and not Samantha.
也是出于律所和谐的原因
A little bit of that,
有这方面的考虑
and a little of the nature of the case.
也是因为和案子情况有关
Then why don't you tell me where you are,
那不如告诉我你在哪
what Alex needs to bring, and I will make sure
以及亚历克斯需要准备些什么 我会保证
that he is on his way.
他马上就到
Harvey Specter.
哈维·斯佩克特
David Fox.
大卫·福克斯
To what do I owe the--
我这是何德何...
what's the opposite of pleasure?
何德何能的反义词是什么来着
I'm here 'cause of this. It's a deal.
我来这里是为了这个 一份合同
It just needs a little taking care of.
需要找个人帮忙看看
Well, in that case,
如果是这样
just go ahead and throw it in the trash,
你还是径直把它扔进垃圾桶吧
'cause I don't work for you and I'm never going to.
我才不会为你工作 这辈子也别想
I don't think you understand.
我觉得你没搞清楚状况
I'm not asking. I'm assigning.
我不是求你 而是要求你
This is part of our deal.
我们之前说好的
I don't have any deal with you.
我和你没什么协议
She didn't tell you, did she?
她没有告诉你 是吧
Who didn't tell me what?
谁没有告诉我什么
Donna.
唐娜
We made a deal where you're my lawyer.
我们做了笔交易 你当我的律师
I'm holding you both to it.
你们都要为我工作
And if you got a problem with that...
如果你对此有什么疑问...
Take it up with her.
去找她
Donna. What can I do for you?
唐娜 你找我有什么事
You can get your ass into the limo
楼下有辆豪华轿车
that's waiting for you downstairs.
等着你出发呢
- I didn't call a limo. - I know you didn't.
-我没叫豪华轿车 -我知道你没有
Robert Zane did.
罗伯特·赞恩叫的
And where exactly is Robert sending me?
罗伯特想让我去哪儿
Upstate New York.
纽约上城区
He has some business he needs help with.
他有点事想找人帮忙
So whatever needs fixing, fix it fast.
所以不管他有什么事 速战速决
Did you go through my underwear drawer?
你翻了我的内衣抽屉了吗
As fun as that would have made my morning,
虽然这种事会让我一早上都心情很好
no, Alex, I didn't.
但没有 亚历克斯
I bought you a bag with exactly everything
我只是把这个包拿来而已
you'll need for as long as you're gone.
包里有你出差所需的所有物品
And how could you possibly know
你怎么可能会知道
that's everything I'll need?
我都需要些什么
Because Robert needed me to.
因为罗伯特需要我这样
And because I'm Donna.
而且别忘了我可是唐娜
Limo's not gonna wait all day, Alex.
轿车可不会一直等你 亚历克斯
Morning, Harvey. What can I do for you?
早上好 哈维 何事能为你效劳
You can tell me David Fox isn't my client.
你可以告诉我大卫·福克斯不是我的客户
I'm sorry, I can't do that, because he is.
抱歉 我不能 因为他就是你的客户
For a year. Free of charge.
一整年 免费服务
How is that possible?
这怎么可能
It's possible because you empowered me
那是因为你授权给我
to negotiate with him,
让我和他协商
and that's what it took to get it done.
这就是事成需要付出的代价
And when were you gonna tell me
你准备什么时候把你这个
about this brilliant idea of yours?
绝妙的主意告诉我
I already did tell you
我已经告诉过你了
when I added him to your updated client roster.
我把他的名字加进了你的最新客户名单
You know damn well I don't read
你知道我从来不看什么
my updated client roster.
最新客户名单
Okay. You got me.
好吧 你说得对
I just wanted to see the look on your face
我就是想看看当他找上门来
when he came to you and you realized
然后你意识到你别无选择时
you didn't have a choice.
脸上的表情
And there it is.
就像这样
- You think this is funny? - No, Harvey.
-你觉得这很好笑吗 -不 哈维
I don't.
我不觉得
And the real reason I didn't tell you
我之所以没告诉你的真正原因
is because I knew you'd react like a child.
是因为我知道你会表现得很孩子气
But I made a deal that you gave me
但我用你给我的授权
the authority to make because you knew
达成了一个协议 因为你知道
you couldn't come to one yourself,
你自己搞不定
so whatever it is you're feeling,
所以不管你现在是什么感觉
suck it up, take one for the team,
都给我忍着 为团队做一次贡献
and get this thing done.
把任务完成了
* See the money, wanna stay for your meal *
*看到钱 就愿意留下吃饭*
* Get another piece of pie for your wife *
*给你太太再拿块馅饼*
* Everybody wanna know how it feel *
*所有人都想知道那感觉*
* Everybody wanna see what it's like *
*所有人都想见见那景象*
* I'll even eat a bean pie, I don't mind *
*豆子馅饼我也愿吃 我不在乎*
* Me and Missy is so busy, busy making money *
*我和妹子忙着赚钱*
* All right *
*好了*
* All step back, I'm 'bout to dance *
*退开点 我要跳舞*
诉讼双雄第八季 第七集
* The greenback boogie *
*美钞爵士摇摇摇*
Sheila, I know we're trying to conceive,
希拉 我知道我们在努力要孩子
but I can't have sex with you right now.
但我现在没办法和你上床
m 211 -8 b b b 26 29 26 26 26 24 l 26 -2 b 26 -4 26 -6 31 -8
m 0 0 b 1 -1 2 -2 4 -1 b 7 1 3 2 5 5 b 6 7 8 7 9 5 l 15 -6 b 18 -7 20 -6 20 -3 b 19 -1 17 2 17 4 b 16 7 20 7 21 6 b 22 4 23 2 25 -1 b 27 -2 29 -1 29 1 b 29 2 28 3 29 5 b 30 7 32 7 33 6 b 34 5 34 4 35 3 b 37 2 39 3 39 5 b 39 6 38 8 37 9 b 34 13 29 13 25 9 b 22 13 17 13 13 9 b 10 13 3 13 0 8 b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b 740 229 740 170 700 170 b b b b
最新连载海外影视剧下载请登陆 www.YYeTs.com仅供交流学习 禁止商用盈利
I just ate an onion bagel.
我刚吃了个洋葱百吉饼
I'm not calling for that, Louis.
我打电话给你不是为了这个 路易
Well, then, why'd you call on the sex phone?
那你为什么给我的性爱手机打电话
翻译 Alex 辰星晓Reginamoon 木浅
Because I knew you'd answer, and...
因为我知道你会接 而我...
I just couldn't wait to tell you.
我等不及要告诉你了
Louis...
路易...
翻译 arcadiachi 爱爬树的小猴子 阿序 不見曦月
We hit the jackpot.
我们中大奖了
What jackpot?
什么大奖
翻译 海云生 暴走小罐头 苏葵
The jackpot.
那个大奖
- Publisher's Clearing House? - No.
-拿下出版商的票据交换所了 -不是
I mean we don't need the sex phone anymore
我是说我们不再需要性爱手机了
精校 暴走小罐头
because... well, Louis...
因为...路易...
you hit the bull's-eye.
你正中靶心
时间轴 知之 Caroline
Oh, my God! My boys can swim?
天啊 我的精子没问题
Yes, my king.
是的 我的国王
后期 斯人
Yes, they can.
它们没问题
Sheila, this is amazing! We need to tell my--
希拉 这真是太棒了 我们得告诉...
Louis... I know you're gonna want to tell everyone,
路易...我知道你想昭告天下
总监 木浅
but, before you do, I want you to promise
但是在此之前 我希望你能做出保证
that we'll keep this between the two of us for a while.
保证先不把这事说出去
Wait, so you mean not tell anyone?
等等 你的意思是不昭告天下
Yeah, just for a while.
没错 就瞒一小段时间
Okay, Sheila, can you hold on a sec?
好的 希拉 稍等一下
I think I'm getting a call.
我有个电话进来了
Okay. It was just a billing question.
好了 只是个账单上的问题
All taken care of.
已经处理好了
You just jumped up and down
你刚刚在你那全透明的办公室里
in your entirely glass office, didn't you?
上蹿下跳了是不是
Yes, but I stopped now.
没错 但我现在坐下了
Then I'll see you tonight.
那我们今晚见吧
And we can celebrate properly.
我们可以好好庆祝一下
Gretchen. Good, you're here.
格蕾琴 你来得正好
Listen, I need you to file--
听着 我需要你提交...
Sheila's pregnant, isn't she?
希拉怀孕了 是不是
Oh, shit, how could you know that?
该死 你怎么知道的
Two minutes ago, you were on your sex phone.
两分钟前 你接听了你的性爱手机
Then you started dancing up and down like "Footloose,"
然后你开始像电影《浑身是劲》一样扭动
pointing to your nether regions.
手指着下体
What else could it be?
还能是因为什么
Nothing else.
确实
Gretchen.
格蕾琴
I'm gonna have a baby.
我就要有孩子了
I can't believe I'm saying this, Louis.
不敢相信我会这么说 路易
You're gonna be a world-class father.
但你会成为一个绝世好爸爸的
That I am.
那可不
And I intend to be a part of every moment,
而且我打算参与每个瞬间
which is why I need you to look into what it takes
所以我需要你帮我查一下
to get certified as a midwife.
怎样才能拿到接生员证书
If you think I'm gonna be midwife to your baby,
如果你觉得我会为你的孩子接生
you got a whole nother thing coming.
那你就大错特错了
No, not for you, for me.
不 不是你 是我
- And I'm out. - What? You think I couldn't do it?
-那我退出 -怎么 你觉得我搞不定吗
- I know you couldn't. - Well, damn it, Gretchen.
-我知道你搞不定 -去你的 格蕾琴
Do you want to be a wet nurse too?
你是不是还想当奶妈
You know what? I would if I could.
你猜怎么着 如果可以的话我愿意
And you just said that I would be a great father.
你刚刚还说我会成为一个很棒的父亲
So are you gonna help me with this or not?
所以你到底要不要帮我
All right, Louis. I'll look into it.
好吧 路易 我会帮你查查的
But it's like I said before.
但就像我之前说的
You're gonna be a great father.
你会成为一个很棒的父亲
Okay, David.
好吧 大卫
What exactly is it that you want?
你到底想要什么
Because you certainly don't need me to hold your hand
因为你在买楼的时候绝对不会需要我
while you buy a building.
握着你的手给你打气
I do if that building's owner is my biggest rival.
如果楼主是我最大的对手 我就需要了
And because that owner knows what an asshole you are,
因为那位楼主知道你是怎样的一个王八蛋
you need to make sure he doesn't know
所以你需要确保他不知道
you're the one doing the buying.
你就是那位买家
See, this is why I'm paying you the big bucks.
所以我才付你这么多钱
Oh, wait, I'm not paying you anything.
等等 我不需要付你钱
Just so we're clear, you get one of those.
我说清楚 你下次再嘴欠我可不客气
Because I may have to represent you,
因为我也许不得不做你的律师
but I don't have to tolerate your mouth.
但我不用忍受你的臭嘴
And just so we're clear,
那我也和你说清楚
this guy's a douche, not an idiot.
这个人也许是个混蛋 但他不傻
He's gonna be looking for me to try to buy that building,
他会盯着我 看是不是我想买那栋楼
so I need you to be smart.
所以我需要你机灵点
And that's the second time you've brought this up.
这是你第二次提到这个了
Which makes me wonder
不禁让我思考
if there's something going on here,
这里面是不是有什么猫腻
because hiding a buyer isn't illegal,
因为匿名购买虽然不违法
but it sure as hell can be.
但也绝对有违法的可能
The only thing going on here
唯一的猫腻就是
is that John Billows has a piece of candy
约翰·毕洛斯手里有块糖
and I want to take it from him.
而我想把它从他手中抢过来
One other thing.
还有一件事
This is my business.
这是我的生意
So you take this on, you get it done,
所以如果你要接手 那你就得搞定
or you don't take it on at all.
不然你就干脆不要接手
Robert. Good to see you.
罗伯特 很高兴见到你
Thanks for coming, Alex. How was the drive?
谢谢你能来 亚历克斯 旅途如何
Scenic. Let me guess.
风景不错 让我猜猜
The owner's our client.
这地方的主人是我们的客户
The owner's me.
这地方是我的
I gotta tell you, Robert,
实话实说 罗伯特
making wine's not exactly the hobby I pictured for you.
我可没想到你会把酿酒当做爱好
It's not a hobby, it's an investment.
这不是爱好 是投资
And right now, it's netting less than zero.
结果现在反而亏本了
What can I do to help?
我能帮上什么忙吗
Why don't we first start with a little tour?
不如我先带你参观一下
Samantha, can I talk to you for a second?
萨曼莎 我能跟你说句话吗
Sure, what's on your mind?
当然 你想说什么
You and Alex and Robert and Harvey...
关于你和亚历克斯还有罗伯特和哈维
Harvey's got a case that he doesn't want,
哈维接了一个他不想要的案子
but there's nothing that
但没人说过
says that he can't get a little outside help on it.
不可以找外援帮把手
Don't tell me you're trying to give me a leg up with Harvey,
别告诉我你想让我来帮哈维
because you wouldn't do that and I don't need it.
因为你不会开口 我也不会答应的
You're right. I wouldn't.
说的没错 我不会开口的
But sooner or later, it's gonna be either you or Alex
不过迟早有一天 你和亚历克斯之中
who go up on that wall next,
会有一个人成为冠名合伙人
and no matter who goes up there first,
不管最后上墙的是谁
the other team isn't gonna be happy about it.
另外一方都不可能开心的
But the more we're bonded as a family before that happens,
但如果我们在这之前就已经统一战线的话
the more likely we'll stay a family after it does.
那之后我们能和睦相处的可能性就更大了
Then I just have one question.
那我就只有一个问题了
When you said Harvey doesn't want
你说哈维不想
to take the case but he has to...
但又不得不接下这个案子
- He did. - Why?
-没错 -为什么
Because I struck a deal with David Fox,
因为我跟大卫·福克斯达成了一个协议
and Harvey can't stand him.
但是哈维受不了他
- Can you? - Not particularly.
-你能忍他吗 -我也不怎么受得了
Then why don't you get me up to speed
那你得在我去拜访大卫·福克斯之前
before I go pay a visit to this David Fox.
先帮我补补课了
Well?
这酒怎么样
- I'm more of a craft brew-- - Oh, save the bullshit.
-其实我更喜欢精酿啤酒 -别扯了
I know. It tastes like ass. That's my problem.
我知道这酒难喝 这就是问题所在
So you want me to fire your winemaker?
所以你想让我来炒了你的酿酒师
No, I want you to go after the son of a bitch
不 我想让你去追查那个
who didn't deliver the barrels that I paid for.
迟迟不把我订的木桶送过来的混蛋
Because I had to let my wine stay in these vats,
他害得我只能把酒保存在这些铁桶里
and it turned into that vinegar you're now holding.
然后我的酒就变成了你端着的那杯醋
And no one's interested in buying vinegar.
谁会想来买醋喝
I lost my entire harvest!
我这一季的葡萄都浪费了
Shit.
该死的
What did the guy say
你打电话
when you called about the barrels?
催木桶的时候他怎么说的
That they'd be here tomorrow.
他说明天就到
And tomorrow. And tomorrow.
然后明日复明日 就是不见桶
And meanwhile, all my neighbors got their barrels just fine.
与此同时 附近酒厂已经全部顺利收到桶了
Which makes me think there's more going on here
我就觉得这件事肯定
than it looks like.
没那么简单
You think this is about race?
你觉得这是因为种族歧视
I think, between the looks I got at the bank
从我在银行看到的那些眼神
and the cold shoulder I got at the market
在市场上遭到的冷遇
and now this...
还有现在这件事情看来
You've seen this movie before.
像是同一部电影多次上演
Different cast,
选角不同
different location,
地点不同
but the same damn script.
但剧本该死的一模一样
Robert, if that's what's going on here,
罗伯特 如果这就是事情的真相
I'm not sure a lawsuit is gonna get these guys to back off.
我不觉得诉讼会让这些人收手
Look, I'm not saying they're wearing white robes.
问题的关键不在于他们是白人
I'm saying they're trying to keep me out of the country club.
在于他们想把我排挤出去
What do you want to do?
你想怎么办
I want to send a message
我想让他们知道
that if they try this shit again,
如果他们再敢这么做
there's not gonna be a country club.
他们的小团体就将不复存在了
The great Harvey Specter walking through my door.
大名鼎鼎的哈维·斯佩克特进了我的门
Now I know I'm a big deal.
现在我知道我也算得上是个厉害角色了
Not as big as the deal
你没有我即将提供的
I'm about to offer you, Mr. Billows.
那份协议厉害 毕洛斯先生
Oh, I like you already.
我已经喜欢上你了
Then you're really gonna love my client.
那你肯定也会喜欢上我的客户的
Santana Developers.
桑塔纳地产
They're an up-and-coming real estate firm
他们是西南部一家很有前途的
from the southwest, and, fortunately for you,
房地产公司 还有你也很幸运
they've taken an interest in your redevelopment project
他们对你在自由大道的重建项目
on Liberty Avenue.
很感兴趣
Have they, now?
是吗
Well, that's a shame, 'cause it's not for sale.
那很遗憾 因为这个项目并不出售
And there's no southwest firm that I've never heard of.
我也从没听说过什么西南部的公司
All right. You got me.
好吧 算你厉害
My client's associated closely with government of Dubai.
我的客户跟迪拜政府联系密切
A fact they'd rather not announce,
他们并不想公开这件事
and, in exchange for that secrecy,
所以为了保密
they're willing to offer you this.
他们愿意给你开出如下条件
Thank you for your time.
还是感谢你能前来
John, that's 25% over market value.
约翰 这可比市价高四分之一
All cash.
而且是现金交易
And I told you, I'm not selling.
我说过了 我不会卖的
Least of all to David Fox.
更别说是卖给大卫·福克斯
All right, John, look-- -
好吧 约翰 听着
All right, look, I'll give you credit.
好吧 你确实值得赞赏
I mean, you do live up to your reputation.
我是说 你果然名不虚传
'Cause a fallback straw man
编一个幌子
is something even I never thought of.
这招确实我都没想过
And if you really knew my reputation,
如果你确实听闻过我的名声
you'd know a straw man is just my first move.
你就会知道这个幌子只是我的第一步
You don't want to see
你不会想看见
what I'm gonna come at you with next.
我的下一步的
Well, I believe you'll try to cut off my financing.
我猜你会想切断掉我的资金
But my partners are in China.
但是我的合伙人都在中国
And I've been in bed with them for ten years.
我和他们可是十年的交情了
They trust me implicitly.
他们毫无疑问会信任我
Good day, Mr. Specter.
慢走 斯佩克特先生
My regards to David Fox.
替我向大卫·福克斯问好
Louis, I can't believe
路易 难以置信
you got us a reservation here so quickly.
你居然这么快就在这里订到了位置
Sheila, you're gonna be the mother of my son.
希拉 你马上就是我儿子的母亲了
I'm getting you in wherever you want to go.
你想去哪儿我都会带你去
- Son? - Or daughter.
-儿子 -女儿也不错
Well, here's to watching either one of them
那这杯就敬不管是儿子还是女儿
take ballet lessons and tap
我们都会看着他们在芭蕾课上跳舞
and learn to twirl the baton.
还要学怎么指挥
Oh, my God, I get to teach him the baton.
天呐 我能教他怎么挥指挥棒
I can't wait. It's why I want to have a boy.
我等不及了 所以我才想有个儿子
And I can't wait because we're gonna be a family.
我等不及是因为我们马上就是一家三口了
And we're gonna do everything together.
全家人无论做什么都在一起
We're gonna get ready in the morning together.
早晨一起穿戴洗漱
We're gonna go on vacations together.
还能一起度假
We're gonna get to visit him at Camp Brucha
我们还能去布鲁哈训练营看他
and see him come running out in his little--
看他跑出来 穿着那小小的
Wait a second. Camp Brucha?
等等 布鲁哈训练营
No, Sheila, I know I told you that the kids there
不 希拉 我知道我告诉过你那里的小鬼
burned all my underwear,
把我的内裤全烧了
but I'm telling you, it made me stronger.
但我要告诉你 我因此变得更坚强了
Louis, your underwear isn't what I'm talking about.
路易 我不管你的什么内裤
I meant Brucha is a Jewish camp.
我是说布鲁哈是个犹太教夏令营
- Yeah, so what? - So it never occurred to me
-对啊 怎么了 -我到现在才知道
that you'd want to raise our child Jewish.
你想让我们的孩子信犹太教
Of course I do.
我当然想
I thought it went without saying.
这话还用说
Just like I thought it went without saying
就像我以为我们俩默认了
that we wouldn't raise them anything.
我们不会让孩子信任何东西
- Why would you think that? - Okay, Louis.
-你怎么会这么想 -好吧 路易
How would your parents feel
假如我们让孩子信天主教
if we said we were gonna raise our child Catholic?
你父母会做何感想
Exactly.
正是如此
That's how my parents would feel
如果我们要让孩子信犹太教
if we raised our child Jewish.
我父母就会是这样的感受
Yeah, but it's different.
是 但这是不一样的
Not to me, it isn't.
不 对我来说是一样的
- Sheila-- - Louis, please.
-希拉 -拜托 路易
This is supposed to be a celebration.
今晚我们本是来庆祝的
Can't you just let it go?
你就不能先把这事放一边么
Of course, Sheila.
当然 希拉
Consider it gone.
这事就算过去了
Miles Newton.
迈尔斯·纽顿
Yes?
哪位
My name is Alex Williams.
我是亚历克斯·威廉姆斯
I represent Robert Zane.
我是罗伯特·赞恩的律师
- Represent? - That's right.
-律师 -没错
He's suing you for breach of contract.
他要告你违约
This is ridiculous.
这太荒唐了
I told him it was a clerical error.
我跟他说过了 这只是个笔误
And that error cost him his yield for the season.
但这个笔误让他赔了一个季度的收益
Look, I also told him that I'll comp him
听着 我还告诉过他我会
all the barrels that he needs next year to make up for it.
提供明年他需要的所有木桶作为补偿
There may not be a next year
有没有明年都还是个疑问
because you cheated my client out of money,
因为你骗走了我客户的钱
and now you're gonna pay him back,
现在你要把那些钱还给他
plus his lost revenue,
再加上他折损的收益
and any other damages I can hang on you.
以及其他任何我能套在你头上的损失
If I cheated him,
如果我骗他
then why would I give the new guy in town,
那为什么我要给新来的家伙
your guy, a cut-rate deal?
也就是你的客户更低的折扣
What are you talking about?
你说什么
My other clients paid 5% more.
我其他的客户要多付5%
Your client was the one who actually got a break.
你的客户才是那个占了便宜的
A 30% discount.
打七折
And did the other vintners know you were doing that?
其他葡萄酒商知道你这么做么
We're a community up here, Mr. Williams.
我们这儿是一个共同体 威廉姆斯先生
We protect our own.
自己人保护自己人
So they gave the new guy a break,
他们给了那个新来的家伙折扣
and they took the hit,
他们承受了损失
so you want to slap me with a lawsuit?
你却要往我脸上砸个官司
Go ahead, and we will just see who wins.
来啊 我倒要看看谁笑到最后
Look at you sweating it out in the law library
瞧瞧你在法律图书馆里埋头苦干的样子
like a first-year.
跟个新来的似的
I didn't know you could read.
我都不知道你会读书呢
I'm just looking at the pictures.
我只是在看图而已
Then why don't you let me help you
你为什么不让我帮你
figure out how to get that building.
想想怎么拿下那栋大楼
Excuse me?
你说什么
Donna thought you could use some backup
唐娜觉得你也许需要一些外援
dealing with David Fox.
来帮你解决大卫·福克斯的案子
- Donna did, or you did? - What does that mean?
-唐娜说的还是你自己来的 -什么意思
It means you want to impress me
意思就是你想给我留个好印象
so when the time comes, I'll vote for you.
等时候到了 我就会给你投票
Well, let me tell you something,
那你可得听好了
that's never gonna happen.
这绝对没可能
I know that.
我心里清楚的很
And I'm here because I just might have
我来这儿只是因为我可以给你提供
a solution to your Fox problem.
一个解决福克斯案子的法子
So you can either trust me or you can figure out
你要么选择相信我 要么自己使劲琢磨
how to get out of this yourself.
怎么搞定这个案子吧
But for the record,
但我得说一句
not everything I do comes with a price tag.
不是我做的每件事都要回报的
This was Donna's idea?
这是唐娜的主意吧
Yeah, it was.
是的
Well, then, why don't you sit down,
好吧 不如你先坐下
and I'll bring you up to speed.
我把事情的来龙去脉告诉你
I have a better idea.
我有个更好的主意
Why don't I sit down and tell you
不如我坐下告诉你
how we're gonna get that building.
我们该怎么拿下那栋大楼
How did it go?
还顺利吗
Exactly as planned.
和设想的一样
In that case, why don't we have a drink to celebrate,
既然这样 我们何不喝杯酒来庆祝庆祝
and then we'll take care of everything tomorrow.
剩下的事情留着明天再说好了
As long as you have a beer or some scotch,
前提是你有啤酒或苏格兰威士忌
because I'm not drinking any more of that vinegar shit.
我可不要喝那个醋味儿的鬼东西
Don't worry.
别担心
Neither am I.
我也不喝
Robert, I gotta ask.
罗伯特 我想问问你
You're a scotch guy. You're a lawyer.
你是喜欢喝威士忌 还是个律师
Why come up here to buy a vineyard?
为什么要来这儿买个葡萄园呢
My sister.
是我的姐姐
She died years ago.
她几年前去世了
We used to drink wine together,
我们以前一起喝葡萄酒
and we didn't know shit about vintage or tannins.
对酿造年份 单宁什么的一窍不通
We just knew what we liked.
我们只知道自己喜欢喝什么
And when I drink wine, I think about her.
当我喝葡萄酒时 我就会想起她
I didn't know you had a sister.
我不知道你还有个姐姐
Well, now you do.
现在你知道了
I worked a case with Rachel last year,
我去年和瑞秋合作了一个案子
got me thinking about her even more.
让我越发地思念她
And I realized...
然后我意识到
I like thinking about her even more.
我希望自己更想念她一点
Then here's to making sure you're thinking of her
这杯敬你直到白发苍苍
till you're old and gray.
都会思念姐姐
Got that right.
没错
Oh, thanks for making time for me, Esther.
谢谢你抽空见我 埃斯特
I really appreciate it.
我真的非常感激
I have to tell you, Louis,
我得说 路易
I haven't stopped smiling since you told me the news.
自从你告诉我那喜讯后 我就一直笑容满面
Have you told Mom and Dad?
你告诉爸妈了吗
Actually, that's the reason I wanted to talk to you.
实际上这就是我想跟你谈话的原因
- Okay. - Sheila and I were talking.
-好吧 -希拉和我之前谈过
We're not raising the baby Jewish.
我们不准备让孩子信犹太教
I need you to help me explain that to Mom and Dad,
我需要你帮我和爸妈解释这个
and I need to know how upset you think they'll be.
而且我得知道 你觉得他们会有多沮丧
How much would it upset you
要是你下半辈子
to be ostracized by them for the rest of your life?
被他们逐出家门了 你什么感觉
Tell you the truth, I could think of worse things.
说实话 我还能想到更糟的情况
Louis.
路易
It would crush them, and you know it.
这会让他们崩溃的 你明知道这个
You're Jewish.
你是个犹太人
You should raise your children Jewish.
你的孩子也应该信犹太教
Wait a second, wait a second.
等等 等等
You feel the same way too?
你也这么想吗
I think this is between you and Sheila.
这是你和希拉的事
It's not up to me.
我的意见无关紧要
But if you want the truth,
但你要听实话的话
I always thought if you ever had kids,
我一直以为你要有孩子的话
that they would go to Camp Brucha
他们会像我们俩还有我的孩子一样
like mine did, like you and I did.
去布鲁哈夏令营
I know. I do too. Remember?
我知道 我也这么想 记得吗
* Because... *
* 因为 *
* We're all mishpucha *
* 在布鲁哈夏令营 *
* Here at Camp Brucha *
* 我们都是一家人 *
Anyway, that's not gonna happen,
不管怎么说 这都不可能了
because the way this whole thing started,
因为当我跟希拉提起布鲁哈
when I brought up Brucha to Sheila,
开这个话头时
she nearly choked on her water.
她差点呛到自己
Wait a second, she's driving this?
等等 这是她的主意
Of course she is. You think I want this?
当然是她的 你以为我愿意这样吗
I just said the goddamn camp pledge.
我就提了提夏令营的事
Then you need to tell her how you're feeling.
那你要跟她说说你的感受
I tried talking to her about it.
我试过去说服她
She made it clear she didn't want to,
她摆明了就是不愿意
and here we are.
所以才变成现在这样
Louis, I want to talk to you about Jeffrey.
路易 我想跟你聊聊杰弗里
Jeffrey's an asshole.
杰弗里是个混蛋
No, he's not, Louis.
不 他不是 路易
He's the father of my children,
他是我孩子的父亲
and the reason our marriage fell apart
我们的婚姻分崩离析
wasn't because of what he did to me
不是因为他对我做的事
but because of what he didn't do with me.
而是因为那些他没有和我做的事
Express how he felt about you being the breadwinner.
表达他对让你赚钱养家的感受
Yes.
So if you want me to help you
所以如果你要我帮你
break the news to Mom and Dad, I will,
把这事告诉爸妈 我会的
but I'm not gonna do it
但只有你告诉希拉你的感受后
until you tell Sheila how you're feeling.
我才会那么做
All right, what do we have here?
你们有什么事
I'll tell you what we have.
我来说吧
I got a building; I don't want to sell it;
我有栋楼 我不想卖掉它
and these two are in here crying to you.
这两个就来找你哭诉
You don't have a lawyer?
你没有律师
I don't need a goddamn lawyer.
我用不着律师
We're not crying.
我们没有哭诉
We are representing the community.
我们在此代表社区
Because that building was built in 1896,
因为那栋楼建造于1896年
and all we're asking for is a TRO
我们只想申请一道临时禁制令
until the landmark commission can make a decision.
冻结房子到地标委员会作出决定为止
Give me a break.
等等
They're not representing the community.
他们不是代表社区
They're representing David Fox.
他们是大卫·福克斯的律师
I did not say he was my client.
我没说他是我的客户
And even if he did, that doesn't mean
即便他是我的客户 那也不意味着
this is connected to that.
这和此事有关
How about the fact that Mr. Fox has been shoveling
那这件事呢 福克斯先生每月支付给
my biggest tenant tens of thousands of dollars
我最大的租户上万美金
a month to stay in his lease so I couldn't kick him out?
来延续租期 好让我没法把他赶出去
Is that connected?
这有关系吗
- What? - Your Honor.
-什么 -法官阁下
Those payments are repayments for an unrelated debt.
那些金钱是为了偿还一笔不相干的债务
Bullshit. Peter Minto doesn't have two pennies to rub together,
胡说 皮特·明托兜里一个子也没有
much less tens of thousands to loan David Fox.
更别说借给大卫·福克斯几万美金了
And the details of someone's personal financial arrangements
其他人的个人财务状况
are not your business.
不关你的事
That's enough.
够了
You two want to push this up the hill
你们俩想把这楼和地标委员会
with the landmark commission, be my guest,
扯上关系 随你们的便
but I see no reason to stop this man
但我看不出为什么
from making a living in the meantime.
要在同时阻止这个人赚钱
Your restraining order is denied.
你们的限制申请驳回
Okay, what we need to do--
好吧 我们要做的是
How the hell did you find out
你怎么知道
about those payments?
那些钱的事
I'll tell you how.
我来说吧
You went to Fox behind my back.
你背着我去找福克斯
No. I had your back.
不 我是在帮你
You had nothing. I brought you something.
你两手空空 我给你找了点筹码
Well, that something just blew up in our faces,
那筹码刚刚在我们面前炸了
because he's been using those payments
因为他在用那些钱
to launder money, peddle influence,
洗钱 搞事
or God knows what other crime.
或者犯一些乱七八糟的罪
And that is exactly why I didn't tell you,
所以我才不告诉你
because Donna told me you don't trust him.
因为唐娜告诉我 你不信任他
You're damn right I don't trust him.
你说对了 我就是不信任他
Because when a man like that hides money,
因为当他那种人藏钱的时候
it's not because he's secretly donating to Goodwill.
绝不是因为他在偷偷做慈善
Harvey, he is our client.
哈维 他是我们的客户
No. He's not.
他不是
- You can't just drop him. - Yes, I can.
-你不能不管他 -我能
Because I don't give a shit about Donna's deal.
因为我才不关心唐娜的交易
I'm not representing a client that lies to my face!
我不会代理当着我的面撒谎的人
What's the matter, Mr. Newton?
怎么了 纽顿先生
You don't look happy to be here.
你看着不太高兴
I'm not.
我是不高兴
I don't appreciate being subpoenaed.
我可不喜欢收传票
Well, if you don't appreciate that,
如果你不喜欢那个
you're definitely not gonna appreciate this.
你肯定更不会喜欢这个
You're accusing my client of intent to defraud?
你要起诉我的客户蓄意诈骗吗
That's what he did, isn't it?
确实如此 不是吗
I didn't do anything
我什么也没干
except be a little bit late with your barrels.
不过是稍稍延迟了运送你木桶的时间
What you did was entice my client with a discount,
你用折扣诱惑我的客户
then sabotage his yield
破坏他的产量
because you knew the other vintners would make you whole.
因为你知道其他酒商能让你把钱赚回来
- My client did no such thing. - Yes, he did.
-我客户没做这些事 -他做了
He admitted it to my face last night, and now,
昨晚他当我的面承认了 而现在
instead of a lawsuit,
我们不打算起诉
you're looking at criminal charges.
你面临的是刑事指控
Criminal charges? Are you out of your mind?
刑事指控 你疯了吗
They can't do this to me, can they?
他们不能这么对我 对吧
Look at his face.
看看他的表情
It says we can.
你就知道我们可以
It should be more than that, you son of a bitch.
刑事指控还便宜了你 狗娘养的
What the hell is your problem?
你到底有什么毛病
You know what my problem is?
你想知道我的问题吗
The oldest problem in the book for a man like me.
那就是我这类人面临的最古老的问题
And I'm putting a stop to it right now.
现在我要了结了它
Race? Race, is that what you think this is about?
种族 你以为这是种族歧视吗
I know that's what this is about.
我知道问题就在于此
Oh, you pompous piece of shit.
你这自以为是的混蛋
- Miles. - No, no.
-迈尔斯 -不 不
I am not gonna sit here and let him accuse me of that.
我不会乖乖坐着让他这样指责我
You want to know why you didn't get your barrels?
你想知道你为什么没拿到你的木桶吗
Because you don't deserve them.
因为你不配拿到
- And there it is. - No, no, no, no.
-终于说出来了 -不不不
See, our families have worked those vineyards for generations,
我们家族世世代代都在那些葡萄园里工作
and you just come waltzing in here
你以为你可以大摇大摆地
with your Wall Street money,
带着你华尔街的臭钱进来
acting like you own the place,
好像你是园主一样
and you've been here for, what, ten minutes?
你来这里才多久 十分钟都不到
We've been here our whole lives.
我们一辈子都在这里
You bought out that man before you
在你之前的那家伙只是有一年不太顺利
after he had one down year.
你就买了他的股份
And we're not gonna let you get away with it.
我们不会放过你的
You tell yourself whatever you want.
随便你怎么想
But you're right about one thing.
但你说对了一件事
I'm a big, bad motherfucker,
我是个不好惹的狠角色
and I'm here to drink your goddamn milkshake.
而且我他妈是来喝你们的奶昔的
Let me guess, Samantha told you what I'm about to do.
让我猜猜 萨曼莎告诉你我要干什么了
Yeah, she did.
没错
Oh, so she keeps shit from me but shares it with you.
所以她事事瞒着我 却和你通气
Don't make this about her.
别把这事赖到她身上
She does what she wants, just like you do.
她只是随心所欲而你 和你一样
- You're taking her side? - I'm taking my side.
-你站在她那边了 -我站在我自己这边
Because you may be done with this case,
因为也许你撒手不管这个案子了
but she's gonna keep working on it
但她会继续处理
because, unlike you, she cares about my reputation.
因为不像你 她在乎我的名声
You think I don't care about you?
你觉得我不在乎你吗
You're in your position because I put you there.
你现在的地位就是拜我所赐
No, Harvey, I'm in my position because I fucking earned it!
不 哈维 我取得的成就都我应得的
Now, if you want to talk about things you did,
如果你想谈谈你做过的事
you authorized me to negotiate this deal,
你同意我去协商这个交易
and if you don't honor it, Fox is gonna tell the world,
如果你现在退出 福克斯会告诉全世界
and how's that gonna go the next time
那我下次再试着与别人达成协议时
I try to come to an agreement with anyone?
我该怎么办
It'll go fine because he has no integrity.
没事的 因为他不诚信
- Nobody will believe him. - Okay.
-没人信他 -行
Let me put this in words that you'll understand.
那让我说得更明白一点
I have integrity.
我有信誉
You let him go, you're making me a liar.
如果你让他走 我就成了骗子
You want to talk about a liar?
你想说说骗子的事吗
He lied to my face.
他当着我的面撒谎了
And so have a thousand other clients.
其他的客户也撒过谎
You were just waiting for an opportunity to let him go.
你不过是在伺机解约
Because we never should've taken him on in the first place.
因为我们一开始就不该接他的案子
Well, we did, and like I said,
但我们接了 而且如我所说
you drop him, you're making me a liar.
你放弃了他 我就成了骗子
And I don't care if the rest of the world knows it or not.
我不在乎世界上其他人知不知道
You'll know it, and I'll know it.
但这事你知 我也知
Now, you go ahead and do what you want.
现在你爱干嘛干嘛去吧
You always do anyway.
反正你一向如此
Louis, what a surprise. I was just reading.
路易 真是意外 我刚刚在看书
Listen. Sheila... we need to talk.
听着 希拉 我们需要谈谈
About what?
关于什么
I want to raise our child Jewish.
我想让我们的孩子信犹太教
Louis, I thought we talked about this.
路易 我以为我们之前说好了
No, Sheila, we didn't,
不 希拉 我们没有
because we were celebrating,
因为我们在庆祝
and you told me to let it go.
而你让我不要提这事
And I tried to let it go,
我试过就此罢休
but then I talked to Esther.
但后来我和艾斯特谈了谈
And now I can't.
现在我没法不去想这事了
Okay, so you talked to Esther
我们说好了不告诉别人
after you said we wouldn't tell anyone yet?
然后你转身告诉了艾斯特
Yes, I did, because she's my family.
是的 因为她是我的家人
I get it, so you and your sister
我懂了 所以你和你妹妹
have a long conversation about Sheila, the shiksa.
深入地讨论了希拉 这个异族姑娘
Sheila, it's not like that.
希拉 不是这样的
Esther helped me realize that
艾斯特帮助我意识到
I don't care what my parents think.
我不在乎我父母怎么想
I don't care what your parents think.
或你父母怎么想
It's what's important to me.
我只在乎什么对我最重要
And how about what's important to me?
那对我来说重要的东西呢
That's why I want to talk this out.
所以我想和你商量
Because I don't want to end up resenting you for this.
因为我不想以后为这事埋怨你
And I don't want to resent you either,
我也不想埋怨你
so why don't you tell me why this is so important to you.
不如你告诉我为何这事对你来说这么重要
What's so important is that it's a part of who I am.
因为那是我的一部分
And being Catholic is a part of who I am.
天主教也是我的一部分
But you said you were not religious.
但你说你不信教
And so did you.
你也说过
That's what I am trying to explain to you.
这就是我想跟你解释的地方
Being Jewish isn't just a religion to me.
犹太教对我来说不仅仅是宗教
It's in my blood.
这些东西在我的血液里
And you don't think it's the same for me?
你觉得天主教对我来说不是吗
- No, I don't. - Then you don't get it.
-对 我不这么想 -那你根本就没明白
Because when I said my parents wouldn't like this,
当我说我父母不会喜欢这样的时候
what I meant was, the people who raised me,
我其实是想说 养育我的人
who are my blood, have had a hard enough time
我的血亲们 费了好大力气
accepting the fact that I don't practice anymore.
才接受我不再信教这件事
And I don't want to separate myself from them
我不想再与他们产生分歧
by telling them that my child
不想告诉他们我的孩子
is going to be different than all of us.
会和我们所有人都不一样
Sheila, I can't just rip this out of me.
希拉 我不能就这么放弃
Louis, I'm not asking you to rip it out of you.
路易 我没有叫你放弃
I just don't want to raise our child one way or another.
我只是不想你在孩子的信仰问题上这么绝对
You know what, to me, it's the same damn thing.
你知道吗 对我来说 这是同一件事
Then I don't know what to tell you.
那我不知道该跟你说什么是好了
Neither do I.
我也一样
Neither do I.
我也一样
Samantha, can I talk to you for a minute?
萨曼莎 我能和你聊聊吗
Looks like you need more than that.
我感觉你不只需要聊聊
I tried to talk Harvey out of dropping Fox,
我想劝哈维别放弃福克斯的案子
but I'm not sure I convinced him.
但我不确定有没有说服他
- And? - I told him you said
-然后呢 -我告诉他你说
you'd keep working on the case anyway.
无论如何你都会继续做这个案子
That's funny, because I didn't say that.
那就有意思了 因为我可没这么说过
No. You didn't.
是 你的确没说过
But the reason I told him you did is--
但我告诉他你说过的原因是
Because you gave Fox your word.
因为你已经答应福克斯了
And even if Harvey doesn't live up to it, I can.
就算哈维无法兑现诺言 我也会兑现
Exactly.
没错
It looks like I've got some more work to do.
看来我有更多的活儿要干了
Because I'm not gonna make a liar out of you.
因为我不会让你变成骗子的
- Thank you, Samantha. - No need to thank me, Donna.
-谢谢你 萨曼莎 -不用谢我 唐娜
I'm sure you'd do the same for me.
我相信你也会为我这么做的
Louis, what's going on?
路易 怎么了
It's not usual for you to come in so many times in one week.
你一周来见我这么多次可不寻常
What did Harvey get into now?
哈维又怎么了
This isn't about Harvey. It's about Sheila.
和哈维无关 我是要说希拉
I need you to convince her to raise our children Jewish.
我要你帮我说服她 让我们的孩子信犹太教
Louis, I'm not going to do that.
路易 我不会这么做的
Why not?
为什么
I know she came to see you that time.
我知道上次她来找过你
Did you think I wouldn't find out about that one?
你以为我不知道吗
No, I assumed you would find out
不 我知道你会发现的
when I explicitly told her to tell you about it.
我跟她说了让她告诉你
Well, if you can order her to do that,
如果你能命令她告诉我的话
why can't you order her to raise our children Jewish?
为什么你不命令她让孩子信犹太教就好了
What kind of therapist are you?
你这算哪门子的心理医生啊
Louis.
路易
I know I've told you this before,
我知道我以前告诉过你
and I know you refuse to believe me,
我也知道你不相信
but my parents were Jews in Nazi Germany,
但我父母就是曾经生活在纳粹德国的犹太人
and there was a point for them
他们当时有理由
where they discussed renouncing their Judaism
放弃犹太教
for a chance to save their lives.
来保全性命
They didn't.
但他们没有
So I understand as much as anyone
所以我非常理解
the value of maintaining a Jewish identity.
保留犹太人身份的价值
- But? - But, to me,
-但是 -但是对于我来说
the heart of Judaism is family.
犹太教的核心是家庭
What're you saying?
你想说什么
I'm saying, if you can't be on the same page
我是说 如果你们在孩子的宗教问题上
about how to raise your children,
无法达成一致
maybe you should discuss not having them.
也许你们应该考虑不要孩子
It's too late for that.
现在说这话太晚了
Then, Louis,
那么 路易
I would say it's more important
我认为你们一起做决定
that you make a decision together
比决定的内容
than what that decision is.
更加重要
Thanks, Stan.
谢谢你 斯坦
You're welcome, Louis.
不用谢 路易
And there's just one more small matter before we move on.
在我们讨论别的之前还有一件小事
What's that?
什么事
Mazel tov, my friend.
祝你好运 我的朋友
Mazel tov是犹太语的祝福语
Mazel tov.
祝你好运
Where have you been?
你去哪了
I gave you a chance to calm down.
我给你个机会冷静一下
Because, Robert, we need to talk.
因为罗伯特 我们需要聊聊
We do.
是的
About how we're gonna make them pay.
讨论一下怎么让他们付出代价
That's the thing.
没错
I think we should try to work this out.
我觉得我们应该和解
Are you goddamn kidding me?
你是在开玩笑吗
Robert, he admitted to a crime
罗伯特 他承认自己犯了罪
to convince us he was telling us the truth.
来让我们相信他说的是实话
Because he probably believes his own bullshit.
因为他可能相信自己的疯话
Well, I don't care what he believes.
我不管他相信什么
There's no way, if I'm white,
如果我是白人
we're in this situation right now.
我们根本就不会遇到现在这种情况
I'm not gonna tell you you're wrong.
我没有说你错了
But you are wrong about how to handle this situation.
但是你对这种情况的处理方式不对
What is that supposed to mean?
什么意思
It means we take him at his word.
我们应该相信他说的话
Okay.
Let's say that you're right
假设你是对的
and this is more about my money than the color of my skin.
这更和我的钱有关 而不是我的肤色
I'm not gonna let that son of a bitch
不管是什么原因 我不会让这个王八蛋
push me out no matter what the reason.
就这么把我赶出去
I've been putting up with this shit
我已经忍气吞声太多年了
for more years than you've been on this earth,
比你出生的时间还长
and I've accepted that the way to deal with it
我已经接受处理这种事的方式
is to bury a part of myself.
就是把我自己的一部分深藏起来
Well, I don't have to do that anymore,
现在我再也不用这样做了
and you're gonna do what I say.
而且你得听我的话
No, sir, I'm not,
不 先生 我不会听你的
because the world's a shitty place
因为这个世界已经够糟了
and I'm not gonna make it worse.
我不会让它变得更糟
And I don't give a shit if you're my boss.
我才不管你是不是我老板
I'm your goddamn lawyer.
我现在是你的律师
And you're either gonna take my advice
你要么就接受我的建议
or you can hire someone else.
要么就另请高明
Then call yourself a car, and get the hell out of here.
那你立马叫车 现在就滚蛋
I'll handle it myself.
我会自己处理
I hope you're here to tell me you got it done.
我希望你来是为了告诉我事情办好了
I'm here to give you one last chance.
我再给你最后一次机会
'Cause I know about the payments to Peter Minto,
因为我知道你给彼得·明托打钱了
and so does Billows.
毕洛斯也知道了
Shit.
见鬼
Well, how much does he know?
他知道多少
I'm not here about what he knows.
我不是来讨论他知道什么
I'm here about what I don't, because I asked you
我要讨论的是我不知道什么 因为我问过你
if something shady is going on, you lied to my face,
有没有猫腻 你当着我的面骗我说没有
and the only reason I haven't dropped you yet
而我还没跟你解约的唯一原因是
is Donna gave you her word.
唐娜对你做出了承诺
You know what, you wouldn't understand.
你根本就不明白
I understand money laundering,
我明白洗钱是怎么回事
and, knowing the kind of man you are,
了解了你的为人之后
it's exactly what's going on here.
我确信你就是在洗钱
You know, you don't know shit about the kind of man I am.
你根本一点都不了解我的为人
Then tell me right now.
那你现在就告诉我
What the hell is Peter Minto giving you
彼得·明托到底给你什么条件
in exchange for $10,000 a month?
来交换你每月支付一万美元
It was nice representing you, David.
能做你的律师很荣幸 大卫
It's not what he's giving me.
不是他给我什么条件
It's what he gave me.
是他给过我什么
What does that mean?
这话什么意思
I was 13 years old. I didn't have any money.
当时我13岁 身无分文
I needed a pack of cigarettes.
我想抽烟
So I took one from Minto's Market.
我就从明托商场偷了一包
And then I thought, you know, while I'm at it,
然后我一想 我来都来了
I might as well take a bunch of other shit.
不如再顺手偷点别的东西
- He didn't press charges. - No, he didn't.
-他没起诉你 -他没有
But he did make me work it off.
他让我干活偿清
Next thing I knew, he took me under his wing.
后来我意识到他在护着我
Look, I gave him that money because if I didn't,
听着 我给他钱是因为如果我不给
he'd go out of business,
他就会破产
and if I can't get this building,
如果我买不下这栋楼
he's gonna go out of business anyway.
他也会破产
Why didn't you just tell me this in the first place?
你为什么不一开始就告诉我这些
For the same reason I don't want anyone to know it.
跟我不想任何人知道这事的理由相同
All right, I need people to believe that I'm ruthless.
我需要人们相信我是一个冷酷无情的人
Well, wouldn't you rather have people know you're loyal
难道你不应该让人们知道你很忠诚
than have them think you're an asshole?
而不是让他们觉得你是个混蛋吗
Look, Peter Minto taught me how to do business as a gentleman,
彼得·明托教会了我如何绅士地做生意
but there's a reason he can't keep his business alive and I can.
但他濒临破产 而我越做越大是有原因的
Well...
好吧
I can't say I agree with you...
我不认同你的想法
but I'll get you your building.
但是我会帮你拿下那栋楼
Donna. You're up late.
唐娜 这么晚还没睡
I'm up late because you said
我还没睡是因为你说
this thing would be done by now,
这事现在应该解决了
and I haven't heard from you,
而我还没听到你的消息
which makes me wonder... how's it going?
这让我想知道 进展如何
I'll tell you how it's going.
我来告诉你进展如何
Instead of getting closer with Alex,
我不仅没跟亚历克斯增进感情
I had to send him packing.
我还让他卷铺盖走人了
What? How did that happen?
什么 为什么会这样
It happened because I'm his client
因为我是他的客户
and he wouldn't listen to a word I said.
但我说的话他一句也不听
Look, I want to say something,
听着 我想说一件事
but I'm hesitant to say it because it's not something
但是我有些犹豫 因为通常情况下
I would normally say to a managing partner.
我是不会对经营合伙人说这话的
Speak your mind.
说出你的想法
Well, I don't know what the issue is, but I do know
我不知道你们发生了什么 但我知道
when a lawyer and a client have a falling out,
每次有律师和客户闹翻的时候
more often than not, it's because
更通常的情况是
the client wouldn't listen to the lawyer,
客户不听律师的话
not the other way around.
而不是反过来
In particular, when that lawyer
尤其是当这名律师是
is Alex Williams.
亚历克斯·威廉姆斯的时候
- Is that all? - That's it.
-说完了吗 -就这些
I hope you get whatever it is taken care of, Robert.
我希望你的事能顺利解决 罗伯特
Are you still working the Fox case?
你还在参与福克斯的案子吗
I believe Donna told you I was,
我相信唐娜告诉了你我还在做
and Donna's no liar, why?
而唐娜从不骗人 怎么了
Because I'm back in.
我要重新接手这案子了
- What changed your mind? - Fox did.
-谁让你改变了主意 -是福克斯
Turns out those payments were because Peter Minto
事实证明福克斯支付那些资金是因为
was Fox's mentor.
彼得·明托是他的导师
He wasn't laundering anything.
他不是在洗钱
He was trying to save that market.
他是想拯救那家商场
So he was basically donating to Goodwill after all.
所以其实他还真是在做慈善
I guess he was.
看来是的
Wait a minute.
等一下
Goodwill.
慈善
- Public good. - What do you got?
-公益 -你想到什么了
There's a public good requirement for any project.
任何项目都有公益的要求
Yeah, and this one has it covered with the subsidized housing.
没错 这个项目的公益是建房补贴
Because that way, his Chinese investors have to cover it.
因为这样一来 就是他的中国投资商买单
How do you know that?
你怎么知道这个
Because I got a copy of their agreement,
因为我有他们协议的副本
and if that good is residential, they take the hit.
如果是住房类公益 投资商要承受损失
If it's commercial, Billows does,
如果是贸易类公益 毕洛斯承受损失
and Minto's Market is a commercial public good.
而明托商场是贸易类公益
Which means all we need to do is tell those Chinese investors
那么意味着我们只需要告诉那些中国投资商
their trusted partner's been screwing them.
他们信赖的合作伙伴在暗中设计他们
And Billows either loses his partners
这样一来毕洛斯要么失去合作伙伴
or foots the bill himself.
要么自己出钱买单
which puts him between a rock and a hard place.
这样就会让他左右为难
And his only way out is to sell to David Fox.
他走投无路之下只能把楼卖给大卫·福克斯
Look at that.
你看
We make a pretty good team, don't we?
我们合作得多好
Maybe.
可能吧
But the only problem is,
但唯一的问题是
it makes this whole project a money loser for Fox.
这样一来整个项目福克斯会亏很多钱
So what? He said he's been subsidizing Minto anyway.
那又如何 反正他说了他一直在补贴明托
Privately. This is in the public eye,
那是私下说的 这是在公众视野里的
which means everyone's gonna think
意味着人们会觉得
he's either soft or stupid, and I'm telling you,
他不是软弱就是愚蠢 我跟你说
it's that man's worst nightmare.
这人最怕的就是这两件事
What do you want to do?
你想怎么做
- Can you get to the Chinese? - I can.
-你能联系上那些中国投资商吗 -可以
You handle them, and I'll handle David Fox.
你去搞定他们 我来搞定大卫·福克斯
Sounds like a plan.
计划不错
Are you sure you can handle them?
你确定你能搞定他们吗
你敢打赌我可以
Yeah, but can you handle them?
好吧 但你能搞定他们吗
- What now? - I'm calling to say I'm sorry.
-又怎么了 -我打过来是想说对不起
I lost my shit.
我失控了
Truth is, if I was in your position,
事实是 如果我在你的位置上
I'd probably feel the same way.
可能我和你的感受一样
Well, you're not in my position.
你不在我的位置上
You're my lawyer.
你是我的律师
And if I'm not gonna listen to you
如果我不听你的
and go ahead and handle this thing myself...
继续一意孤行
You've got a fool for a client.
那你就是自己的傻瓜客户了
Something like that.
差不多吧
Anyway, I think I may have a way through this.
我想我可能有方法解决这件事
What you got?
你有什么想法
You said that you wanted
你说过你想
to take them at their word.
完全相信他们
If we did that, the problem is,
如果我们这么做 问题是
we're dealing with a community that feels threatened.
我们在和一个感觉受到威胁的社区打交道
So I was thinking,
所以我在想
insurance covers my losses this year.
保险弥补了我今年的亏损
Next year, my barrels are free,
明年 我的酒桶免费
and then I can build a community tasting room
然后我可以建立一个社区品酒室
that we all can share.
我们所有人可以一起分享
That's very generous of you, Robert.
你真慷慨 罗伯特
Mind if I ask you what brought you around?
介意我问下是什么说服了你吗
Two things. A conversation with a friend.
两件事 和一个朋友的谈话
And?
还有呢
Where I grew up, community was everything.
我成长的地方 社区就是一切
We were tight and close,
我们关系紧密
mistrusting of outsiders, and...
不信任外人
if someone had come in and done what I did to them...
如果有人闯入 做了我对他们做的事
The community wouldn't have taken too kindly to it,
社区不会容忍的
no matter what the color of their skin.
不论他们是什么肤色
So I thought maybe we're not so different after all.
所以我想也许我们终究还是没有太大的分别
Copy that.
明白了
So you're gonna propose all of that to them tomorrow.
所以你明天要向他们提议这些事
Robert, I think if you're gonna
罗伯特 我认为如果你将成为
be a part of this community,
这个社区的一份子
we ought to propose it to them together.
我们应该一起向他们提议
So get your ass back up here then.
那你快给我回来
And Alex... don't ever call me a fool again.
还有亚历克斯 不许再叫我傻瓜
Welcome home, Louis.
欢迎回家 路易
Is that...
那个是
Yes, it is.
没错
Your mother's kugel.
你妈妈的烤布丁
How did you...
你怎么
- Your sister called. - Don't tell me.
-你妹妹打来了 -我猜猜
She tried to convince you to see it my way.
她想说服你 以我的方式看待问题
No, Louis, she called to tell me,
不是的 路易 她打过来跟我说
whatever happens,
无论发生了什么
she loves me
她爱我
and wants to welcome me to the family.
她想欢迎我来这个家庭
So why the kugel?
所以烤布丁是为什么
Because my sister never would have done that for me.
因为我妹妹永远不会为我做这个
Louis, I may not be ready to make this decision right now,
路易 也许现在我还没准备好做这个决定
but what we were really struggling with
但是我们所挣扎的是
was how to blend our identities.
如何去融合我们的身份
So I thought, what better way to do that
所以我想 解决问题不如就从
than by starting with kugel?
做烤布丁开始吧
Well, if we're gonna be doing that,
如果我们要这么做
I don't see why we can't also have
我不明白为什么今年我们不能
a Christmas tree this year.
有个圣诞树呢
- You'd be open to that? - Yes, I would.
-你愿意接受圣诞树 -是的
Because I saw Dr. Lipschitz today.
因为我今天去见了利普希茨医生
Sheila, he reminded me
希拉 他提醒了我
that the foundation of everything is family.
家庭是一切的基础
So I've been thinking...
所以我在想
Stop right there. I've been thinking too.
停住别说了 我也在想
You asked me last time.
你上次问了我
I'd like to ask you this time.
这一次换我问你
Louis Marlowe Litt...
路易·马洛·利特
Will you marry me?
你愿意娶我吗
Yes, Sheila, I will.
是的 希拉 我愿意
Morning.
早安
I was just thinking about our wedding.
我刚刚还在想我们的婚礼
Louis...
路易
I was thinking maybe we can make it a destination.
我想也许我们可以把它变成一个终点
I don't want to talk about our wedding right now.
现在我不想谈我们的婚礼
Why not?
为什么
I got my period. I'm not pregnant.
我例假来了 我没有怀孕
- But the test said that you-- - It was a false positive.
-但是那个测试说你 -那个是假阳性
You know what this is?
你知道这是什么吗
It's just a bump in the road.
这只是成功路上的一个绊脚石
That's all this is.
仅此而已
Just a pause.
稍作停顿罢了
And sweetie, there's a bright side.
宝贝 还有积极的一面
Because it gave us a chance
因为它给了我们一个机会
to have really tough conversations.
去进行非常艰难的交流
And that way, when we do get pregnant,
从这方面来说 当我们真的有了孩子
and we will get pregnant,
我们会有的
we'll be ready in a way that we weren't ready before.
我们不会再像从前一样手足无措
Are you okay?
你还好吗
I will be.
我会好起来的
Please tell me you didn't tell anyone other than Esther.
拜托告诉我你没和艾斯特以外的人说这事
I told Gretchen.
我和格蕾琴说了
You need to untell her that.
你得去告诉她我没怀
Hello, Robert.
你好 罗伯特
I assume you're calling me with good news.
我想你打给我是有好消息要告诉我
How do you know that?
你怎么知道的
Don't you know by now I have a sense for these things?
你不知道我对这种事有直觉吗
I just wanted to call and say thank you, Donna.
我只是想打来说谢谢 唐娜
We worked it out.
我们解决了
You and Alex?
你和亚历克斯
Me, Alex, everybody up here.
我 亚历克斯 这儿的所有人
And it wouldn't have happened
如果没有你提醒我
without you calling me on my shit.
这一切是不会发生的
You know how they say doctors make the worst patients?
你知道他们怎么说医生是最坏的病人的吗
Same goes for lawyers?
律师也是一样的情况吗
No. Lawyers are much worse.
不 律师更糟糕
I guess they are.
我想他们是的
Which is why I'm glad I have someone like you.
这就是为什么我庆幸自己有你这样的朋友
Wow... calling to thank me,
打来感谢我
valuing my leadership, and giving me
重视我的领导地位 给我一个
an endearing nickname-- Robert, if we're not careful,
讨人喜欢的绰号 罗伯特 要是不小心
we could become full-blown friends.
我们可能就成好朋友了
Oh, that's a chance I'm willing to take.
这个险我愿意冒
See you soon, Pops.
回见 伙计
Right back at you, Red.
彼此彼此 红发妞
Let me get this straight, you're telling me
我理一下 你是在告诉我
you can get me the building,
你可以帮我把大楼弄到手
but it's gonna cost me more to keep Peter in business
但是让彼得的商场继续运营
than I was paying in the first place?
会让我比之前要付的还要多
And on top of that,
而且
the whole world's gonna know about it,
全世界还都会知道
because Billows is gonna make sure they know it.
因为毕洛斯一定会说出去
Are you trying to stick it to me even more?
你是在变本加厉地和我作对吗
I want you to know the cost of this thing
我是想让你在作出决定前
before you make a decision.
清楚你要付的代价
This is bullshit.
这简直扯淡
- David. - God damn it.
-大卫 -该死的
You could have done better.
你本可以做到更好的
And you could've told me the full fucking story
你本可以在一开始就把事情都告诉我
before I only had two days to stop it.
不至于让我只有两天来解决问题
So either I look like a sucker
所以要么我丢人
or I let the guy who gave me my start go out of business.
要么我让那个帮我起步的人破产
Helping Peter Minto stay in business
帮彼得·明托一把 不让他破产
doesn't make you a sucker.
不丢人
It does to the world.
世人会觉得丢人
David, the deal is what it is.
大卫 条件就是如此
If I could make it any better, I would, but I can't.
如果我能做得更好 我会的 但我尽力了
What would you do?
那你会怎么做
As your lawyer, I'd tell you
作为你的律师 我会说
get your emotions in check.
理智点
It's a shitty deal and a stupid move.
条件很烂 这一着棋走得也很蠢
But if I were in your shoes, I'd take it.
但如果是我 我就接受
Take it.
接受吧
You know, I never thought I'd be saying this,
我从未想到我会这么说
but... you earned my respect.
但是 我敬你是条汉子
Well, don't you look like the cat that ate the canary.
你看起来像是刚吃了只金丝雀的小馋猫
I do. And that canary's name is Robert Zane.
没错 那金丝雀名叫罗伯特·赞恩
Let me guess.
我猜猜
He called you and started unleashing compliments
他打电话来 开始使劲夸你
like you were his family.
仿佛你就是他家人
How'd you know?
你怎么知道
He gets like that sometimes.
他有时候就那样
Well, I was thinking that I wanted
我本来想
to treat him like family right back,
我也该把他当家人一样
and maybe you could give me some advice
也许你可以给我些意见
on getting him a gift.
看看给他送什么礼物
Oh, no, Donna. You don't want to do that.
不 唐娜 别送礼物
What? Why not?
怎么 为什么
He's a terrible gift receiver.
他最不会接受礼物了
You're kidding.
不会吧
I once gave him vintage copies
我曾在他生日时 送过他典藏版的
of "Inherit the Wind," "To Kill a Mockingbird,"
《风的传人》《杀死一只知更鸟》
and "Twelve Angry Men" for his birthday.
和《十二怒汉》 作为生日礼物
The next year, I found them in his drawer
第二年 我在他抽屉发现了它们
with the bow still tied on.
连包装都没拆
He's a lawyer. They're books about the law.
他是律师 那些书就是讲法律的
- Did you say something? - No.
-你说什么了吗 -没有
I just took them back. He didn't even notice.
我拿回来了 他都没发现
I'm gonna regift it to him when he retires.
我打算等他退休的时候再送给他一次
What?
怎么
Harvey's the opposite.
哈维跟他正相反
- Great gift receiver. - Awful gift giver.
-很会接受礼物 -很不会送礼物
Heart's in the right place, but two weeks in,
他的心是好的 但是两周后
I realized if I ever really wanted
我就发现如果我
to enjoy my birthday present,
还想要个好生日礼物
I was gonna have to buy it myself.
就只能自己买了
Do you still?
现在还买吗
Got these for the last one.
上次生日才买的
32, if you're wondering.
32岁 如果你想知道的话
Speak of the devil.
说曹操曹操到
Look who's walking in empty-handed.
看看谁空手进来了
- What are you talking about? - Nothing, Harvey.
-说什么呢 -没什么 哈维
Well, as long as you're both here,
既然你们俩都在
you weren't just right about Fox.
你不光没看错福克斯这个人
You were right about taking him on in the first place,
关于一开始和他开战的事 你也是对的
and you were also right about getting her to help me.
找她来帮我也同样是个正确决定
If I didn't know any better, Donna,
要不是我了解他 唐娜
I'd say he's apologizing to you.
我会以为他在向你道歉了
That's funny, I was thinking he was apologizing to you.
有趣 我以为他在向你道歉呢
Well, I can understand why we're both confused.
这下我理解我们为什么都困惑了
It's a pretty weak apology.
因为这个道歉太无力了
He didn't even use the word "Sorry."
他连一句"对不起"都没说
I don't even think he knows the word "Sorry."
我觉得他都不知道有"对不起"这个词
- Are you two finished? - We're just getting started.
-你俩说完了吗 -才开始呢
Take a chair, Harvey.
搬个凳子 哈维
And pour us a couple of drinks while you're at it.
顺便给我们倒几杯酒
If I'd known this was gonna happen,
要是我知道会这样
I wouldn't have said anything, much less "I'm sorry."
我就什么都不说 更别提说对不起了
Look at that. He does know the word.
瞧瞧 他还是知道有这个词的
Yeah, just not how to use it.
只是不会用而已
Louis, where have you been all day?
路易 你这一天跑哪去了
I needed to spend some time with Sheila.
我得花点时间陪陪希拉
Well, I've got good news.
我有好消息
I found a midwife class for you.
我给你找到了一个接生员培训班
Turns out, you're not the only mid-aged white man
原来你不是唯一一个想当
that wants to be Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.
1993年电视剧《女医生》的中年白人
That's great.
真好
But I'm gonna need you to cancel it.
但我需要你取消
Louis, what's wrong?
路易 怎么了
It was a false positive.
是假阳性
We're not gonna have a baby.
我们还没有孩子
I'm so sorry.
我很抱歉
But that doesn't mean that she--
但这并不代表...
I know that, Gretchen.
我知道 格蕾琴
I just need a little time to myself.
我只是需要单独待一会儿
Of course.
当然了
You don't have to be strong for me, Louis.
你不用在我面前故作坚强