至爱梵高·星空之谜 Loving Vincent

上映日期: 2,017

语言: 英语

影片类型: 剧情 / 动画 / 传记

导演: 多洛塔·科别拉 / 休·韦尔什曼

演员: 道格拉斯·布斯 / 罗伯特·古拉奇克 / 埃莉诺·汤姆林森 / 杰罗姆·弗林 / 西尔莎·罗南 / 海伦·麦克洛瑞 / 克里斯·奥多德 / 约翰·塞森斯 / 艾丹·特纳 / 詹姆斯·格林尼 / 比尔·


台词
--==本影片由 CMCT 团队 荣誉出品==--更多精彩影视 请访问 http://cmct.tv
影片压制:呆呆熊 字幕来源:月影君@字幕库 招募Q群:324446465
本片由一百多名艺术家团队全部手工绘制而成
瓦兹河畔 奥维尔镇
7月27日星期天 37岁的荷兰常驻画家梵高
现居于奥弗大街 在田野中开枪自杀
本片故事发生于文森特·梵高逝世一年后
当时他中枪受伤 于返回旅馆房间后两日离世
故事始于1891年 法国阿尔勒
我们只能用绘画来表达对您的敬意和问候
我心藏瑰宝灿烂如歌 唯有画作可为我吟唱
梵高·星空之谜
He's always out for trouble, that one.
那小子就爱惹麻烦
So bad.
够他疼的
That's for my father.
这一拳是替我父亲打的
Right, that's amazing.
这一拳还挺有样儿
Shows over.
好戏结束了
What's going on here then?
刚刚这是怎么回事儿
Sir.
长官
Was that young Armand I saw you fighting with?
刚刚跟你打架的是阿曼德吗
Aye sir.
是 长官
Over what?
为什么打架
Over crazy red, that painter guy he used to know.
为了一个红头发的疯子 你认识的那个死了的画家
Really?
是吗
He dropped that, sir.
这是他掉的 长官
明信片 提奥·梵高 巴黎
I'll take it in.
嗯 我拿进去吧
At ease, soldier.
歇歇吧 士兵
Causing trouble again I see.
看来你又惹事儿了
You dropped your letter outside.
你把信落在外面了
It's not my letter.
那不是我的信
It's Vincent's.
是文森特的
It's to Theo Van Gogh.
这信是给提奥·梵高的
That's Vincent's brother, isn't it?
他是文森特的弟弟吧
Yeah, Vincent left it behind.
对 文森特把信给落了
His old landlord Geno was having a clear out and found it.
他的前房东吉诺打扫房间时发现的
So he gave it to my father
房东把信交给了我父亲
and father told me I have to deliver it.
我父亲让我把信送过去
Like it's my business.
跟我有什么关系
My job is to bash metal into shape,
我就是个做铁匠活儿的
not Deliver letters.
不是送信的
Help yourself why don't you?
你刚才拿得很顺手啊
Well he doesn't need it, does he?
反正他也喝不了了 对吧
I don't see the point in delivering a dead man's letter.
真不懂一个死人的信还有什么好送的
Your father just wants to pay his respects.
你父亲这是为了表达对他的敬意
What for?
图什么
What did that nobody ever do for us?
知道那个家伙怎么害我们家的吗
Making my family hated
他害得每个人都恨我们
when my old man refused to sign that petition.
因为我父亲不愿在请愿书上签字
To throw him out of the town...
把他从镇上赶出去...
I signed it.
我就签了
And, that's well and good, he was mad.
赶走了他才好 他疯了
He wasn't. He was an interesting man.
他没疯 他这人其实挺有意思的
Things only got strange when that friend of his Gauguin cames.
但是他的朋友高更来了之后 他开始变得古怪了
Vincent was all enthusiastic for his yellow house
当时文森特一心想把他的黄色小屋
to become this hostel for painters.
改造成画家之家
And Gauguin would be the master.
让高更来主管一切
Where's the chair'?
椅子在哪儿
Oh, Yeah.
哦 天那
Perfect.
太完美了
But when he finally came,
但是高更到了之后
they quickly went from firm friends
这对原本关系要好的朋友
to being at each other's throats.
竟然闹得不可开交
No, no, no you can't Go.
不行 不行 不 你不能走
No, you can't got.
不行 你不能走
Calm down, Vincent.
冷静点 文森特
- Beverly. - Hello Vincent.
- 盖比 - 你好 文森特
I brought you a gift.
我有个东西要送给你
Have you been fighting?
你打架了吗
- Take good care of it. - Sweet.
- 好好收着吧 - 你真好
Oh what...
哦 什么啊
Are you alright?
你没事儿吧
Interesting man?
他确实挺有意思
That's not how I remember him.
这可不是我印象中的他
Vincent.
文森特
Armand.
阿曼德
Wait.
等等
What happened, he is crying?
楼上的怎么了 一直在哭喊
That nutcase has cut off his ear.
那个疯子把自己耳朵给割下来了
Your dad sewing it back on is he?
你父亲在帮他缝耳朵吗
No, he's helping.
没有 在照顾他呢
Well that figures one drunk and crazy helping another.
所以 那是一个酒鬼在照顾另一个酒鬼呗
Go on say it!
你再说一遍 说啊
Say it again.
有种你再说一遍
The trial's next week.
下周就开庭审了
Did not think there were any left.
那就不剩什么人了
not after him losing.
只剩可怜的利奇
- Oh they're back - Crawling back in.
- 他们会回来吗 - 爬也要爬回来
Evening gents, have you seen my son?
晚上好 两位 你们看到我儿子了吗
Ah Mr. Roulin, yes you'll find him inside.
鲁兰先生 看到了 他就在里面呢
He's meant to be on a train to Paris.
他今天应该坐火车去巴黎的
He don't look like he's planning on going anywhere right now.
看他那样子是哪儿也去不成了
We'll soon see about that.
我去找他问问情况
He's in trouble.
这下他有麻烦了
The boy looks for it.
那小子是自找的
Evening Joseph.
晚上好 约瑟夫
Why can't You just post it?
你就不能把信直接寄出去吗
I did, the letter got returned as undeliverable.
我寄过 但被退回来了 说是无法投递
Well if your postal service can't find him,
连你们邮局都找不到他
what makes you think I can?
你认为我就可以找到吗
Just use your initiative son.
你去多想想办法 儿子
An important man like Mr. Theo Van Gogh ask around.
像提奥·梵高那样的人物 一打听就好找了
But, what do I say when I find him?
可我见到他之后应该说什么啊
It's customary to start with I'm sorry for your loss.
一般通常的说法是"您哥哥的事,请您节哀"
Let's got You sobered up.
我先让你醒醒酒
I can't go, it's too late.
我去不了了 太晚了
You're to convey deepest condolences from myself, your mother, and your brother.
代我 你母亲 和你弟弟向他表示深切的悼念
Oh, and don't forget Little Marcel.
别忘了还有小玛莎尔
She was his friend too.
她也是文森特的朋友
She was 10 months old.
她那会儿才十个月大
Babes are like animals son.
婴儿和动物是很像的 儿子
They can know the heart of a man just by the size of 'em.
他们一眼就知道一个人的真心
No, they can't.
可不是么
They're less fickle than grown-ups.
不像成年人那样说变就变
Just look at Ginoux,
看看那个吉诺
He takes Vincent's money with a smile for a whole year
文森特付给他一年房租的时候眉开眼笑的
and then signs a petition condemning him.
但转眼就在赶走他的请愿书上签了字
Hey, mind you say that Geno had the letter for two years.
别忘了 就说是吉诺把这封信放了两年
I don't want Mr. Theo thinking that we been sitting on it.
别让提奥先生以为是我们把信给耽误了
Tell him how Geno didn't even bother handing it over to me,
就说吉诺本来没想把信给我的
until he heard that Vincent had....
要不是听说文森特他...
Killed himself?
自杀了?
Why do you find that so hard to believe?
他自杀了有什么难以置信的
You saw what happened here.
他的情况你也知道
He had a breakdown,it happens to people.
他的精神是垮了 但那是人之常情
They're weak.
软弱的人才会跨
Live longer,
等你年纪大了
you'll see.
就会明白了
Life can even bring down the strong.
再坚强的人也会被生活击垮
After the ear, nobody would even give him a chance.
他割了耳朵后 大家再也没有正眼看过他
Even kids were tormenting him.
连孩子们都去欺负他
Get out of here!
快滚吧你 快
Go on, get out of here!
快滚 滚远点
We're the champions!
我们是冠军
We are the kings.
我们是国王
I call it weak letting kids chase him into the nuthouse.
他那就是软弱 竟被一群孩子逼进了疯人院
And his neighbors, and the police,
逼他的还有邻居 还有警察
and the mayor, and the whole town!
还有镇长 包括镇里所有的人
Against an ill man!
大家都欺负一个病人
He is a ill man?
他有病啊?
He even checked himself into Saint Remy to get better
他还去圣雷米精神病院治疗
and so he did.
他主动去了
He got discharged cured.
最后恢复了正常 出了院
It doesn't mean he stayed cured, does it?
但是这不保证他以后没有复发 不是吗
I feel absolutely calm and in a normal state.
我感觉自己非常幸福 精神十分正常
This is what he writes me,
这是他写给我的
six weeks before he's dead.
就在他去世的六周前
How does a man go from being absolutely calm
他在六周前精神还好端端的
to being suicidal in six weeks?
又怎么会在六周后自杀呢
It's sad, I get that.
这很悲哀 我明白
But, what good will delivering that letter do now?
但是现在把这封信送过去还有什么意义
They were very close.
他们俩兄弟感情很好
Vincent would write his brother every day.
文森特给他弟弟写信 几乎每天一封
I know I'm the one who collected the letters.
我很清楚 因为这些信都是我收的
If it were me, I'd want it.
换我是提奥 我也想收到
If it was you, heavens forbid,
如果那人是你 但愿不会这样
if you had died, and there was a letter out there
然后你死前想寄一封信给我
that you had sent to me, I'd want it.
我会非常想收到这封信
Wouldn't you want it if it was me?
如果是我走了呢 你不想收到吗
Whoa, lunatic!
喔哦哦 你个疯子
煎饼磨坊
唐吉老爹
We could go to the Park.
我们可以去公园
Yeah, but it's probably still muddy.
可以 不过那边的路可能会有烂泥
I heard you were Vincent's paint supplier.
我听说文森特在您这儿买颜料
So I thought you might know Theo.
不知您是不是认识提奥
We need a drink I think.
我们先喝一杯吧
It's brandy.
这是白兰地
Do take a seat.
坐一会吧
He wasn't at the address we've got.
他不在我拿到的地址上
The guy there said you might know.
住那儿的人说 你可能知道
I'm afraid you'll never deliver that letter to Theo Van Gogh.
恐怕你没法把这封信交给提奥·梵高了
Oh, I see.
哦 那好吧
Well... how come?
那...为什么这么说呢
Two hearts,
兄弟二人
one mind.
同心同命
that's what Vincent told me.
这是文森特这么告诉我的
Maybe that was the case after all
也许让他给说中了
because after Vincent died,
因为文森特去世以后
Theo went into sharp decline.
提奥的精神情况也急剧恶化
Can I get you something my love?
你要吃点什么 亲爱的
He'd been poorly before, but...
他以前身体就不太好
Vincent's death
文森特的死
destroyed him.
击垮了他
He had actually been with him a whole day at the end,
其实文森特临终前 提奥陪了他整整一天
but Vincent insisted they use the time to discuss life
文森特坚持要用最后的时间探讨生命
not death.
而不是死亡
And, no suicide note either,
文森特没有留下遗书
so it stayed a mystery.
因此他自杀的原因仍然是个谜
And, Theo just keep asking why?
而提奥只是在不停地问"为什么"
Six months after we buried Vincent,
在文森特下葬六个月后
Theo was dead loo.
提奥也去世了
Wow, the two of them.
天那 两兄弟都走了
So how did Vincent die?
那文森特是怎么死的
He shot himself
开枪自杀
in the fields above Auvers
在奥维尔附近的麦田里
by his easel
就在画架边上
doing what he loved painting to the end.
开枪前就一直沉浸在自己最爱的绘画里
Do you know why?
你知道他自杀的原因吗
No.
不知道
Theo thought his unhappiness went right back to childhood.
提奥认为文森特的心病可以追溯到他的童年时期
He tried so hard to fit into his family.
他很努力地融入家庭
But, he never succeeded in this.
但他就是做不到
Vincent told me he was the oldest,
文森特告诉我 他虽然是长子
but not the first.
但不是父母的第一个孩子
There was another Vincent, a stillborn older brother.
他哥哥也叫文森特 只是还没出生就夭折了
He thought that boy was the perfect Vincent
他觉得那个孩子才是最完美的文森特
that he could never measure up to in his mother's eyes.
在他母亲眼里 他永远也比不上那个孩子
He struggled to be what they wanted him to be.
在事业上他努力遵循父母的心意
He joined his uncle's art dealership
他先是进入伯父经营的艺术经纪公司
and was thrown out in disgrace.
但随后又被狼狈解雇
He tried for his father's profession, the church,
他还试着继承父亲的职业 去教堂工作
but the pastor exams were too hard for him,
可最终也没能通过牧师录取考试
so he took a job as a lowly missionary.
所以他只能当一个地位卑微的传教士
He managed to get sacked even from that.
即使这样 他还是被教会解雇了
Yet another dead end.
神职的路也走不通了
But, Theo says he believes in him
但是提奥说 他相信文森特
and that if Vincent will fight for himself,
如果文森特愿意继续奋斗
he will fight alongside him.
他会陪哥哥一起奋斗
And, that was it,
就是这样
Vincent picks up a brush for the first time at 28,
就在28岁那年 文森特第一次拿起了画笔
and with Theo's support, there is no stopping him.
在提奥的支持下 他一往无前
So what happened then?
那后来怎么样了
Paris happened.
他来巴黎了
铃鼓咖啡屋
He came here of course.
他当然来巴黎了
They all do. Everyone does.
只要是艺术家都会来这里
Monet, Toulouse, Seingnac, Bernard, Manet,
莫奈 图卢兹 西涅克 伯纳德 马奈
everybody
他们都来了
because everything that happens in art happens here.
因为巴黎是艺术圈的中心
And, where do they all buy their paints?
这些人都上哪儿买颜料呢
Pare Tanguy's of course.
当然是来我唐吉老爹这儿了
Waitress, a drink.
服务员 上酒
Make it pure.
喝酒会让我吐真言
- Cheers. - Cheers.
- 干杯 - 干杯
We'll see if it's pure.
我很快就该醉了
We'll keep that, thank you.
这瓶我们要了 谢谢
Pure is purer.
吐真言表示确实醉了也不怕
We must be fine, to the buyer an ego.
没事儿的 这杯敬买家
like no other I grant you.
我觉得你这人是不错
But, a weekend painter.
但是画画你就拉倒吧
Look at him always drawing.
你看这家伙 画画就没停过
What is it you were saying on entry?
你这要办沙龙啊 让我看看
Which way up is it?
哪边朝上
Grow up Henri.
别闹了 亨利
Let me finish it in a minute for him.
我马上就画完了
Oh I forgot you can't.
没有你也能喝两杯 可惜你画不了
Come on!
别这样
Oh, I...I'm just being help.
干嘛 我在帮他
You're being vile.
你这人真差劲
Finally, the vile doth deny.
到头来差劲的才过得惬意
For many artists, Paris is a final destination.
对很多艺术家来说 巴黎是梦想的归宿
but not for him.
但文森特并非如此
It was a stopover to learn what he needed to learn,
他把巴黎看做旅途的一站 学会了必要的知识后
and then he was off in search of his own path.
就会继续出发 追寻一条属于自己的路
It was in his sleep.
他睡着了
It's the kindest thing.
让他躺着 这样对他最好
I saw him once more after two years.
两年后我又见到了他
He was calmer, more assured.
他更平和了 信念也更加坚定
- Bye. - Take good care.
- 再见 - 多保重
And, I thought this is a man whose story will end well.
我当时就想 这个人一定会功成名就的
His star finally rising, his revolution won.
他如新星般冉冉上升 他闯出了自己的路
So think how shocking it was
所以后来我很震惊 再见他时
to be standing over Vincent's coffin just six weeks later.
他已经躺在了棺木里 前后只隔了短短六周
So sad.
太悲哀了
For many he died a martyr for art,
大家都说他是个艺术的殉道者
but for me, it seems odd.
但我觉得这很不寻常
Why?
怎么说呢
In only eight years, he had traveled from amateur
他仅仅用了八年 就从籍籍无名
to an artist of influence, unbelievable.
变成了艺术大师 简直难以置信
Monet declared him the shining star of the Independent Artist's Fair.
莫奈称梵高是独立艺术家沙龙展上耀眼的新星
And, he was cured according to his doctor,
据医生所说 他已经康复了
Dr. Gachet
那医生叫加歇
who had looked after Vincent in Auvers.
在奥维尔镇一直照顾文森特的就是他
I met him at the funeral.
我在葬礼上见到了他
There were just a few artists from Paris.
还有几位从巴黎赶来的画家
And him,
那个医生
I could've thought he was Vincent's brother.
你会以为他是文森特的兄弟
He was the one who made the speech,
他在葬礼上致了悼词
and he cried all the way through it.
从头哭到尾
And, an hour later he was running around taking Vincent's
一小时后 他就冲到画室 把文森特最好的作品
best paintings off the wall as if they were his.
从墙上全摘走了 就像是他的一样
And, they were, his fee,
他说归他了 非常遗憾
for treating Vincent.
权当是抵偿文森特的治疗费用
It seemed odd that the doctor had Theo's full confidence.
奇怪的是 提奥好像对那位医生非常的信任
I understand he's still close to the Van Gogh family.
我相信他和梵高一家来往十分密切
Maybe you should ask him why Vincent did it.
也许你可以问问他 文森特自杀的原因
It's my father who wanted to know why.
其实是我父亲想了解事情的真相
I just wanted to deliver this letter for him.
我只是想替父亲把信交给他的亲人
The Van Gogh's are only ghosts in Paris now.
梵高这两兄弟都不在人世了
I'm afraid you're going to have to take this letter back to your father
恐怕你只能把这封信带回去交还给你父亲了
with my condolences.
真的很遗憾
Dear Father, looks like I'm continuing my journey.
亲爱的父亲 我只好继续送信了
I need to find a new recipient as unfortunately Theo is dead.
提奥已经不幸去世了 我只能去寻找新的收信人
There is this doctor who I believe is the person to entrust the letter too.
还有一个医生 我想我可以把这封信托付给他
奥维尔镇
So, I'm going to Auvers.
接下来我得去趟奥维尔镇
Make some excuse to my boss.
你帮我跟老板请假吧
- Morning mam. - Yes.
- 早上好 夫人 - 你好
I'm here to see Dr. Gachel.
我是来找加歇医生的
Really? Do you happen to have an appointment?
是吗 你和他预约过了吗
No. I have a letter from Vincent Van Gogh,
没有 我这儿有一封文森特·梵高写的信
a friend of my father's from home.
他是我父亲的朋友
Do you now? You know he's actually passed away?
真的吗 你知不知道他已经不在了
Yes.
我知道
The doctor's in Paris, he won't be back till tomorrow.
医生去巴黎了 明天才会回来
I'll make sure the doctor gets the letter.
我帮你把信交给他吧
I'd rather deliver it in person.
我还是亲自给他吧
I want to ask the doctor about Vincent.
我想问问他文森特的事
Well I can tell you about him.
那么你问我就行了
He was evil.
他是个魔鬼
Is that a medical opinion?
这算是医学诊断吗
I could tell at first glance it would end in trouble.
我第一眼就知道这人没好下场
He had these,
他有一双...
- Hello? - Hello mam.
- 哪位 - 你好 夫人
Bewildered eyes in which there was something insane,
迷茫的眼睛 目光里带着某种
something which you dare not look.
一般人不敢直视的疯狂
Just straight through at the back in the garden actually.
他这会儿在后边的花园里
Well nothing has been the same since he came here.
自从他来了以后 一切都变了
I'll get you a message.
那你等我消息吧
Tell me when it's convenient for the doctor to see you
医生方便见你时我通知他
where are you in residence?
你现在住在哪儿
Where did Vincent reside?
文森特以前住在哪儿
Oh at the Ravoux Inn.
拉乌旅馆
Well you can find me there.
那我住那儿吧
No, you don't Want to stay there.
别 你不会想住那儿的
It's a hole.
那儿顶多算个老鼠洞
Doctor booked him somewhere proper.
医生给他订过更好的地方
But, probably suited him better in a hole.
不过那对他来说 也算是像样儿的地方了
Well still that's where you can send word.
没关系 我还是在那等您的消息
You're not gonna stir things up again are you?
你不会是来给我们惹麻烦的吧
I've had quite enough weeping over that nutcase in this household.
加歇一家为那个疯子流的眼泪够多的了
You looking for something?
你在找什么吗
Looking for the owner.
我在找老板
Speaking to her.
我就是
You're the owner?
你就是老板吗
Well my parents are,
其实我父母才是
but they're visiting me auntie, so...
但他们去看望我姑妈了 所以...
I guess for the next two days I'm the proprietress.
接下来的两天 我暂时是这儿的老板娘
That's a fine dress.
这裙子很漂亮
Suitable attire for a proprietress.
确实有老板娘的范儿
I don't get to wear it that often when my father's hers.
其实父亲在的时候 我就不常穿这裙子了
Always got errands for ma.
他老让我干脏活
Well that's life.
可以想象
Fancy something?
想喝点儿什么吗
I won't say no to a hot coffee.
那就来一杯热咖啡吧
So what brings you to Auvers?
你来奥维尔镇有什么事吗
A friend of my father's Vincent Van Gogh.
我父亲有个朋友 叫文森特·梵高
We just found out he killed himself.
我们最近得知他自杀了
He stayed here.
他曾在这住过
I know.
我知道
Were you here when it happened?
你当时在场吗
It was so dreadful.
那实在太可怕了
I sewed the tenants dinner at seven.
我晚上七点给房客供应晚餐
And, he wasn't there.
当时他不在
He came later though.
他是随后才回来的
But, something was very wrong.
他的样子很不对劲
Mr. Vincent? Vincent, are you alright sir?
文森特先生 文森特 你没事吧
- My father went after him. - What happened?
- 我父亲立刻追了上去 - 发生什么事了
Vincent?
文森特先生
What's happened Vincent?
怎么回事 文森特
Are you alright?
你出什么事了
Oh my God!
我的天那
What have you done?
你这是怎么了
I tried to kill myself.
我想自杀
And Dr. Gachet was called.
我们打电话给加歇医生
He didn't even say one word to Vincent.
他一句话都没跟文森特说
The two of them just looked at each other,
他们两个人只是瞪着对方
like... like two angry wolves.
像...两头发怒的狼
And, Vincent's lying on this bed and a bullet in his belly.
文森特躺在床上 子弹击中了他的腹部
He's crying out in pain asking when someone would remove it,
他痛苦地哭叫着 问什么时候能把子弹取出来
and Dr. Gachet, an ex-military doctor,
加歇医生当过军医
I mean he should know how to remove a bullet.
他肯定知道怎么把子弹取出来
He does nothing!
但他什么也没有做
He just decided the case was hopeless and left.
他宣布已经无药可救了之后 他就走了
The next morning rumors about Vincent had spread all over town.
第二天早上 文森特的事就传遍了整个小镇
And, at eight o'clock, Gendarme Rigaumon comes knocking.
八点的时候 来了一个叫瑞格蒙的警官
What are you doing?
你想干什么
Can't you leave the man in peace?
你不能让他安静休息一下吗
Can't you see he's not Well?
你没看见他现在很痛苦吗
I'm just being thorough, Mr. Ravoux, that's all.
拉乌先生 我只是来询问一下情况的
Where's the gun?
那把枪在哪里
No idea.
我不知道
No idea.
不知道
My father sent him away.
我父亲把他支走了
He said Rigaumon is the last person a dying man should have to see.
他说一个濒死之人最不需要见的就是警察
Mr. Theo came in the afternoon,
提奥先生下午就赶到了
and he comes in yelling, "What happened? How?"
他一进门就不停的在吼着 怎么回事 怎么会这样
That was the terrible thing is that
这就是这件事可怕的地方对吗
no one really knew.
没人知道发生了什么
And, then, you know, it was normal and calm.
后来 他正常多了 也平静下来了
And, you know I honestly thought it was all gonna to he fine.
我真的还以为 一切都会好起来的
If only I could've been one of them.
我要是像别的病人一样就好了
But, as the night came,
但是 到了晚上
a fever in him rose, and he was getting weaker.
他开始发高烧 并且越来越虚弱
And, about half past one,
大约凌晨一点半左右
Theo comes downstairs.
提奥从楼上下来了
And, we all knew
我们意识到
that is was over,
一切都结束了
and Vincent was dead.
文森特已经走了
What do you think happened?
你觉得为什么会发生这种事
Did you see it coming?
有什么征兆吗
He was happy here,
他在这里很开心
I honestly thought He was.
我真的以为他很开心
You know Dr. Gachet tried to gel him to say somewhere else?
你知道吗 加歇医生一直想让他去别的地方住
But, no.
但他没有走
He liked our place.
大家都喜欢住在这里
No, you're going to ruin your dress.
别 别跳了 别这样你的裙子会湿的
- Well you're light. - You'll get messy.
- 都成什么样了 - 衣服会搞脏的哦
- Hello - Do you want a room?
- 你好 - 你要住宿吗
It depends on the cost.
要看价钱贵不贵了
- Come on you. - How much is the room?
- 进来吧 - 你们这一间房要多少钱
It depends on the room.
要看你住什么房了
Another foreigner.
又来了一个外国佬
He liked us,
他喜欢我们
and we liked him.
我们也很喜欢他
He was a nice, quiet man.
他人很好 很文静
Sure.
是么
What you didn't like him?
你不喜欢他吗
It's not that I--
也不算...
He could do unusual things because he was painting, but...
他画画的时候是有点儿特别 不过...
otherwise he was normal.
其他时候 都挺正常的
Unusual how?
怎么特别了
On his first day, I remember because it was a day like today.
我记得他来的第一天 就和今天一样
This big storm broke,
外面下着大雨
Vincent, Don't gat wet.
文森特 别淋湿了
and everyone's rushing for shelter.
别人都急着找地方躲雨
And, I saw him.
可是他呢
He's just standing there in the rain, in his suit.
他就站在外面画画 淋着雨 穿着西装
And, I thought, you know, must be first day excitement.
我以为他是刚来才这么兴奋
But, no he was always like that.
但 不是 他一直是那样的
Always painting day in, day out no matter what the weather.
画个不停 每天都这样 风雨无阻
I heard he was close to the doctor.
我听人说 他和医生走得很近
What Dr. Gachet?
谁 你说加歇医生吗
No, I wouldn't have said that.
不是 我不这么看
He kept rather to himself.
他比较内向 总是独来独往
He was definitely close to his brother
当然 他跟弟弟肯定是最亲的
judging by the amount of letters.
看他写了那么多信就知道了
I know my dad was his postman.
我知道 我父亲是他的邮差
Oh, So you know.
哦 没错吧
I was wondering when he slept,
我很好奇 他每天几点睡觉
painting all day, writing these long letters,
画一白天的画 又要写那些很长的信
always reading these fat hooks.
他经常读那些很厚的书
I guess you could say he was well organized.
我觉得他是一个很有规划的人
Vincent?
你是说文森特么
Yeah, you could set your watch by him.
是啊 他的作息比表还准
Painting from eight until five.
他八点到五点画画
You'd think he was going off to a regular job.
不知道的还以为他是去上班了呢
He went all over,
他哪儿都去
Chaponval, the fields, the woods, the river.
夏彭瓦尔 麦田 森林 河边
He really liked the river.
他特别喜欢去河边
Speak to the boatman,
你可以去找船夫聊聊
- He'll tell you. - Watch your step.
- 他会告诉你的 - 注意脚下
Oh dear.
天那
I'm in.
好了 我过去了
Enjoy yourselves ladies.
玩的开心点 女士们
Thank you so much. Bye
谢谢 待会儿见
Armand Roulin friend of the late Vincent Van Gogh.
我是阿曼德·鲁兰 文森特·梵高生前的朋友
Pleasure.
幸会
I heard he liked to hang around the river.
我听说他以前喜欢来这河边闲逛
Vincent, yeah.
文森特是吗 对啊
Yeah, he used to come down here.
他是经常过来
Even before dawn to catch some special kind of light.
有时候天都没亮呢 说是要捕捉什么特殊的光线
Now I don't know much about light catching,
光线怎么捕捉我是不太懂
but I know you can set your eyes on a lot of life down here if you catch my drift.
但我知道当你睁开双眼 你能对这儿了解多少
Good to know.
那就太好了
He didn't talk so much.
他平时不怎么吭声
Mostly just sat around
大多数时候 他就在那干坐着
watching, sometimes painting.
看风景 偶尔画点什么
And, this one time it was just us,
有那么一次 周围只有我们
me fishing, him painting.
我在钓鱼 他在画画
Now it wasn't as peaceful as it sounds.
别觉得那会儿有多安静
He made all sorts of noises while he painted
他一边画 嘴里一边嘟囔着什么
puffing like a steam engine.
抽烟就像蒸汽机似的
And, then suddenly
可是后来
it was all silent,
一切都安静了
and he looked so happy that
有一只脏兮兮的乌鸦飞到他那儿
This dirty crow was coming close.
他别提有多开心了
He didn't seem to care that it ran off with his lunch.
一点儿也不在意这乌鸦偷吃了他的午饭
And, I thought to myself how lonely is this guy
我当时就在想 这个人有多寂寞啊
that even a thieving crow brightens up his day?
一只偷食的乌鸦都能让他高兴一天
Later that summer, he would hang around these rich boys
后来 就发现他跟一群有钱的公子哥混在一起
who threw big boating parties.
划船开派对
They always came with girls,
总有一些姑娘跟着他们
unruly ones if you know what I mean?
浪荡姑娘 你懂我的意思吧
Yeah we could do with a bit of money.
付点钱 我们就能陪你做
Well is it paid?
要给多少
Vincent seems shy around them.
文森特在他们中间一副害羞的样子
Come on.
来吧
He never did have much luck with women.
他的女人缘一直不怎么样
You think?
你也这么想?
And, then he comes here with the Gachet girl.
他经常和加歇小姐来这儿
I saw her pretty in a porcelain sort of way.
我见过她 挺漂亮的 像个瓷娃娃一样
That's her, a real quiet type.
就是她 她安静的不得了
I've been working in this village
加歇一家还没搬过来的时候
since before the Gachets moved here,
我就在这里工作了
and I never got to speak a word with her.
但愣是没跟她说过一句话
Yet her and Vincent,
然而 她和文森特在一起
they were chatting in that way,
竟然聊的那么欢
you know, like speaking to each other
就好像跟对方说话
was the most exciting thing ever.
就是世界上最开心的事情
All I could see was just your foot.
你的脚太碍眼了
God knows what she saw in him.
天才知道那姑娘看上他什么了
Must've been twice her age,
文森特的年纪应该大了她一倍
and next to her, he looked like a tramp.
站在她身边 他像个流浪汉似的
What, you think there was something going on?
你知道他们俩后来有点儿什么吗
They said they were here to paint,
他们说来这里画画
but they took a boat, couples often do.
但也游船 跟情侣没什么区别
But, I will tell you this.
但我要告诉你
Vincent, he looked like he was all right.
文森特 他精神看起来挺正常的
Then he comes here with a girl who I reckon was out of his league,
她不是千金小姐嘛 我觉得是那种女孩他高攀不起
and the next thing I hear he's killed himself.
没过多久就听说他自杀了
Maybe you should talk to her.
也许你该找那小姐聊聊
I'm not sure their housekeeper would let me.
恐怕他们那管家不让
That one.
那老巫婆么
Spends her afternoons at the church.
她每天下午都去教堂
She's some kind of warden there.
就像教堂的管理员一样
She certainly wards me off.
我去他肯定就要拦着我了
Here you must be thirsty.
给 你肯定渴了吧
On the house.
我请你的
How nice you are?
你人真好
Won't your dad mind?
你父亲不会介意么
He's not here to mind.
反正他也不在
I'll tell you what I'll have this one if you let me buy one for you.
那这样吧 你让我回请一瓶 我就把这瓶喝了
I was wondering were Vincent and Marguerite friends?
我很好奇 文森特和玛格丽特是朋友吗
The boatman said they were friendly.
船夫说他们关系很好
Well
这个吗
that would explain why she takes flowers to his grave everyday.
反正玛格丽特每天都带着花去文森特的墓地
Oh, and it might explain that big argument between him and the doctor.
可能文森特和加歇医生也是因为这个才吵的架
What argument?
吵什么架
More than one person saw Vincent leave the doctor's place
不止一个人看到 文森特从医生家摔门而去
slamming the gale so hard it's a wonder it didn't come off its hinges.
动静大得连门板都差点儿给摔掉了
But, the housekeeper, she was going round
那个管家 她到处跟人说
saying that Dr. Gachel had stopped Vincent from seeing his daughter.
加歇医生不让文森特再去见他女儿了
Dr. Gachel is crazy protective over his daughter.
加歇医生对女儿看得特别严
He doesn't want her talking,
不让她和文森特...
where are you going?
你要去哪儿
To church.
去教堂
God bless.
愿上帝保佑你
Oh glad to see you're honoring God,
很高兴你敬仰上帝
not like your friend.
不像你的朋友
My father's friend.
他是我父亲的朋友
You know Vincent actually did his ungodly act on a Sunday?
你知道文森特在礼拜天对上帝有多不敬吗
That's not the half of it.
这可不是道听途说
I saw him that Day.
是我亲眼所见的
Somewhere I was on my way to church.
就在我去教堂的路上
Laughing and joking with those Sacretain boys,
他和一群公子哥有说有笑的
drinking they were laughing at God,
喝得烂醉 还拿上帝开玩笑
knowing what he was going to be doing on God's day.
他明知道这么神圣的日子 这事有多严重
When I think what he put the poor doctor through,
我还在气他给医生遭的罪呢
marching in with his brother like they were royally,
我看见他和他弟弟风尘仆仆的来了
like it was his garden, like they were his guests.
就跟自家的花园一样不请自来
Well his brother might have been dressed smart,
老实说 他弟弟穿的倒还体面
but it looked like he'd dropped down dead before he made it to table.
但文森特吃的就像是要一头栽到地上
I could see the fever in his eyes
我能从他眼神里看出疯狂
at first glance.
第一眼就看出来了
And, the great artist himself,
文森特这个大艺术家
always skulking about,
总是深沉忧郁的样子
gobbling our food,
混吃混喝的
just making messes in corners.
背地里惹麻烦
Oh well, mustn't keep our Lord waiting.
好了 可不能让上帝久等
I wondered how long it would take you to come back.
我还在想 你要多久才能找回来
He painted you didn't he?
他画过你 对吗
So why are you here?
说吧 你为什么来这里
Where else would I be?
那我应该去哪儿
Oh, I don't know
我不知道
let's see.
我想想
Sailing around the world,
驾船环游世界
catching a thief,
追捕窃贼
chatting up a pretty girl.
还是搭讪漂亮女孩
Because I want to do something
我只想做点事情
for Vincent.
为了文森特
I'm sure there's a lot you can do for him now that he's dead.
他已经不在世上了 你还问他做什么
I heard you take flowers to his grave everyday.
我听说你每天都带着花去他的墓前
Isn't that doing something for Vincent
这不也是为他做什么吗
even though he's dead?
虽然他已经不在了
Oh that.
你说这个啊
I just do that out of respect.
我那只是一种悼念
He was a great artist, he liked flowers.
他是伟大的艺术家 他很喜欢这些花
Still seems real nice of you.
你一定很善良
You must've been friendly.
你们俩关系一定很要好吧
I wouldn't say so.
那倒不是
He was here to see father.
他是来找我父亲的
He was his doctor, and he became his friend.
父亲是他的医生 后来成了他的朋友
It's hardly surprising, they were both artists.
这也不奇怪 他们都是艺术家
They liked the same painters.
他们喜欢同一类画家
They understood each other.
互相理解和欣赏
When father invited Vincent's brother and their family for Sunday lunch,
父亲一天请文森特和弟弟一家吃午饭
Vincent joked about my father was the third brother.
文森特还开玩笑说 我父亲是他另一个兄弟
Cheers everyone.
各位 干杯吧
So you were like one big family than?
听起来你们亲得像一家人一样
He painted here sometimes.
他有时候会过来画画
It was part of the treatment my father recommended.
这是我爸爸推荐的一种治疗方法
But, we didn't socialize.
但我跟他交往不深
So when you went to the river, that wasn't socializing?
你们一起去游河 还不算交往深吗
- The river? - The boatman says you took a boat together,
- 游河? - 船夫说你们俩经常一起坐船
said it looked like you knew each other pretty well.
他说看上去你们俩关系很好
Well people think they see all sorts of things in this village.
村里的人以为自己什么都清楚
Must've been some other girl.
游船的肯定是别的女孩
Hold you I barely knew him.
我跟你说了 我跟他走得不近
It was father he was here for.
我父亲才是他要来找的人
They were like minds.
他们志趣相投
They agreed on everything.
两个人非常合拍
Everything really?
合拍 真的吗
Ravoux girl said Vincent and Dr. Gachet argued.
拉乌家的女儿说文森特和加歇医生吵过架
My you really have been slumming it.
天啊 你还真去逛贫民窟了
I don't care for village gossip.
我可不关心这些坊间传闻
She said people saw Vincent storming out of here
她说有人看见文森特怒气冲冲地
not long before his death, and your dad was running after him.
从你们家走了出来 你的父亲在后面追赶他
So what?
那又怎么样
You think there was some argument with my father
你以为文森特是因为跟我父亲
and that's why Vincent is dead?
起了争执才自杀的?
You think it's my father's fault do you?
你觉得那是我父亲的错 对吗
I didn't say that.
我没这么说
I think it would be best if you leave now.
我觉得你现在可以离开了
Good day.
再见
Thank you.
谢谢
Busy night?
今晚生意很忙么
Not really.
不太忙
There's your cheese.
这是你的奶酪
And how is your father, Adeline?
你爸爸最近怎么样 艾德琳
He's well, thank you.
他很好 谢谢您
Can I get you anything else?
还需要别的什么吗
No, I'm fine thank you.
不 够了 谢谢
Thank you, no.
谢谢 不用了
Good.
好的
Just busy enough not to have to speak to me?
你这是在忙着不搭理我吗
Well if I did sit down for a drink,
我坐下来陪你喝一杯
I'd be wondering when you'd be getting up
还得担心你什么时候突然又扔下我不管
and running off somewhere more important.
跑到什么重要的地方去了呢
Funny thing that.
看你说的
You actually gave me an idea.
是你给了我一个灵感
The idea to confront Marguerite Gachet.
我才知道怎么跟玛格丽特·加歇摊牌
Oh so you ran off to be with the lady of the manor?
所以你跑出去见那位庄园大小姐了
How did that work out for you?
又套出什么来了
She told me she didn't know Vincent.
她跟我说 她跟文森特不熟
Hadn't barely exchanged a few formal words with him.
她和文森特只是点头之交
I told you you can't believe a word the Gachets say.
我跟你说过了 加歇一家人就没有一句实话
I remember when Vincent moved in.
我还记得文森特搬过来的时候
People were asking him if he was a relative of Gachet.
大家都在问他是不是加歇一家的亲戚
Maybe they were similar on the outside.
他们长得确实很像
This is incredible.
这张画真是太美了
They had the same red hair,
两个人都是同样的红头发
and that same sad look in his eyes.
眼睛里都是同样忧伤的神色
I've never seen anything like it.
我从没见过这样的画作
But, on the inside, they were chalk and cheese.
但实际上他们完全是两路人
Vincent wasn't snobbish like Gachet.
文森特才不像加歇医生那么势利眼
He was really polite and kind.
他是真的文雅 又和善
Well hello, Jeuxmaine.
你好呀 杰梅妮
Up you go.
来 我抱抱
So what shall we draw tonight?
那么我们今晚该画什么呢
A chicken please.
帮我画只小鸡好么
I might be singing something.
一只会唱歌的小鸡
Okay a chicken.
好的 就画只小鸡
- Skinny legs like you. - Floppy tail please.
- 两条小细腿 跟你一样 - 再画条软尾巴
Jomaine what are you doing out of bed?
杰梅妮 你怎么还没乖乖睡觉
- She's no trouble. - I don't want to.
- 她没有打扰到我 - 我不想上床
Come on off to bed with you.
过来 快跟我回去睡觉
She's no trouble.
她没有打扰到我
I know, I know.
我知道 我知道
I want my chicken back.
我要看那个小鸡
Marguerite said the brother came here.
玛格丽特说他弟弟来过这儿
Did you meet him?
你见到了吗
No,
没有
I heard he came at Gachets invitation.
但我听说他是加歇邀请来的
Vincent was always saying that they might come here.
文森特经常说他家里会来人
Always checking if we had rooms at weekends,
他总是来看看我们周末还有没有空房
but they never did come.
但他们从没有来过
So did Vincent visit them ever?
那文森特去找过他们吗
No, you know he'd spend hours on hours
没有 你也知道他只是花很多时间
writing those letters to his brother
给他弟弟写信
when he could've just hopped on a train.
可他明明坐火车就能见到人
Oh no, he did go once.
哦 对了 他确实去过一次
He said his brother's baby was ill.
他说他弟弟的孩子生病了
But, I don't think the visit went that well.
但那次会面好像不太愉快
Why not?
此话怎讲
The lea towels.
从抹布的事儿就能看出来
He said that canvasses were too expensive.
他告诉我这些画布太贵了
More.
多拿一点
And so now he's only gonna paint on these old rags.
所以他打算只在旧抹布上画画
He painted some pretty flowers,
他画了很多漂亮的花儿
but I don't think my father was that pleased.
但我爸爸好像不怎么高兴
What has the brother got to do with lea towels?
但他弟弟和旧抹布有什么关系
I reckon they argued over money
我猜他们为了钱的事情吵过
because it was the brother that bought all Vincent's painting things.
因为文森特的绘画工具都是他弟弟给买的
I know because of the last letter Vincent sent.
我之所以知道 是因为他寄出的最后一封信
Adeline wait.
艾德琳 等等
The day before he killed himself.
就是他自杀前一天寄的
When he handed it to me, he said it was urgent.
他把信给我的时候说了 要加急送到
And, you know I asked if there was anything wrong.
我问他是不是出什么事情了
And, he said he'd run out of paints
他跟我说颜料都用光了
and he placed a big order for some more
他下了一笔很大的订单
'cause he had lots of paintings planned.
因为他要画很多画
Don't you think that's odd
你不觉得这很奇怪吗
to place an order with his brother if money was an issue
真的为钱操心 他为什么还要让弟弟订货
between them and then to kill himself the next day?
接着第二天就去自杀了?
It depends, you know, on how balanced he was.
这很难说 得看那时他的精神状态了
All seemed fine with him.
他看起来很好
I mean something must've happened pretty suddenly
我是说...肯定是突然发生了什么事情
for him to become unbalanced.
他才会这么不理智
Like what?
比如呢
I don't know exactly what.
这我就不知道了
I'm sure it's got something to do with Gachet.
但我敢肯定跟加歇医生有关
Do you remember his first day that I told you about?
我跟你说他第一天来的情形 你还记得吗
This letter's from then.
这是那天写的信
No, I can't Read someone else's letter.
我不能随便看别人的信
If it's open, it's all right.
如果信已经打开了 就没问题
My dad's posted me up some money.
我爸爸给我汇的钱在路上了
I'll open a tab for you,
我可以先给你记账
and you can settle up when your money arrives.
等你钱到了再还给我
That's very good of you.
那就先谢谢了
This is where he lived?
这就是他住的地方吗
And, where he died.
这也是他去世的地方
Dear Theo and Jo,
亲爱的提奥和乔
it is really very beautiful here.
这个地方真的很美
I feel I see the North all the better for my trip to the South.
我觉得在北边生活比在南方好多了
Vincent, don't get wet.
文森特 别淋湿了
I have settled down to some canvasses
我安顿了下来 画了几幅油画
which I hope will go some way to recovering the pasts of my stay.
我希望能多少帮我贴补一些住宿费
Dr. Gachet is eccentric.
加歇医生是个怪人
I don't Know how he thinks he can cure me
不知道他凭什么觉得能治好我
when he seems at least as sick as I am.
他病起来比我还要厉害呢
However, I still think that what I have is mostly a malady of the South,
不过我仍然相信 我的病是因为在南方水土不服
and return here will be enough to dissipate the whole thing.
只要回到这里 就能驱散我身上的病魔
The thing is
但问题是
the days seem like...
这里的日子 感觉...
seem like...
感觉...
seem like weeks.
感觉非常漫长
The days seem like weeks to me.
时间对我来说太漫长了
I'll be glad is sometime from now you were to come here
如果礼拜天你能带着家人来这里看看
one Sunday with your family.
我会很高兴的
Very hardy handshakes,
与你亲切地握手
your loving
来自挚爱你的
Vincent.
文森特
What the? Oy, come here!
这是怎么 嘿 别跑
Dear father,
亲爱的父亲
I'm still waiting to see the doctor.
我还在等着与医生会面
I could've just given the letter to the housekeeper or his daughter,
其实我可以把信直接交给他的管家或女儿
but something happened with Vincent in that house.
在医生家里肯定是出了什么事
I can tell.
我能感觉出来
I want to ask the doctor about it.
我想跟医生问问清楚
I've decided to retrace the path that Vincent took with his easel that day.
我决定重走一遍文森特开枪那天带着画架走过的路
because what I've been told doesn't add up.
因为他们讲的都不太说得通
And, strange things are happening to me too,
而我也遇上了一些怪事
but don't worry, nothing that I can't handle.
不过放心 我一切都能处理好
People here are on edge about Vincent,
这里的人一提文森特的事
about what happened to him.
就不禁有话要说
Everyone has a different story.
但每个人的说法都不太一样
Tanguy, the paint supplier, said that Vincent shot himself in the fields,
颜料供应商唐吉老爹说文森特是在麦田里开的枪
so does the girl from the inn.
旅馆那个女孩也是这么说
It seems a very long way for him
当时文森特受了重伤
to have walked with a mortal would,
这段路对他来说也太长了
and I wonder if he wanted to kill himself,
我也怀疑他当时是不是真想自杀
why didn't He just pick up the gun and finish the job?
否则为什么不把枪捡起来再补一枪呢
Did he change his mind?
他是不是后悔了
Did he want to live after all?
最后是不是他还想活着
No, I can see you.
我都看见你了
It was you last night weren't it?
昨晚上东西是你丢的吧
Oh, not again.
不是吧 又想跑
Can I help?
需要帮忙吗
If you could tell me where to find a funny looking boy
你有没有看见一个怪模样的男孩
with hair all over the place,
头发乱糟糟的
I want to ring his neck.
我想想扭断他的脖子
Oh that'll be my nephew.
哦 你说的肯定是我侄子
I'm sorry. He's a bit simple.
对不起 他有点傻乎乎的
Please don't pay him any mind.
请不要放在心上
He's harmless.
他没有恶意的
He was following me yesterday and today.
他一直在跟踪我 昨天跟了 今天又跟
That's not like him.
这不像他的作风啊
Did you do something to him?
你是不是对他做了什么
No, I'm just delivering a letter for a friend of mine,
没有 我就是替我的朋友送信的
Vincent Van Gogh.
文森特·梵高
The Painter fella, yeah foreigner, red fellow.
那个画家是吗 外国人 红头发的那个
Yeah that's him.
对 就是他
That'll be it then.
那就难怪了
That'll be what then?
什么意思
Here cider'?
要尝尝苹果酒吗
Don't mind if I do.
那我就不客气了
Thatching is thirsty work.
在屋顶干一会儿就渴了
On the day that the painter fellow was wounded,
就在那位画家受伤的那天
we heard a shot coming from that barn.
我们听到谷仓里传来一声枪响
And, now my nephew, he thinks it's haunted.
现在我侄子总觉得那谷仓闹鬼
But, Vincent shot himself in the fields.
但是文森特是在麦田里开的枪
That's what some folks say.
有几个人是这么说的
But, I never met a person who actually saw him there.
但我反正没听说有谁真的在麦田里见过他
The police looked for his stuff,
警方检查了他的随身物品
and they found nothing,
但是什么也没发现
not the gun nor his painting stuff, nor his paintings.
没有枪 没有画笔 也没有画架
And, who'd steal that sort of thing?
谁会偷这些东西呢
So you think he shot himself
所以你认为他是
here?
在这里开枪的吗
in that barn?
在那个谷仓?
I'm not saying nothing.
我可什么也没说
We just heard a shot.
我只是听到了一声枪响
Well why didn't you go in and look?
你当时怎么没过去看看呢
It could've been anything,
它可什么都代表不了
kids shooting rats.
年轻人有可能拿枪打老鼠
No, it were only the next day when I heard
更何况第二天听说他中枪了
that he'd been shot that I went and looked.
我还真去谷仓看了一眼
And, there was nothing.
但什么也没发现
Ii shot himself here, how come you didn't see his stuff?
要是他在这里开的枪 你怎么会找不到画具呢
That is the question.
这是很奇怪的问题
It's not that he was in a state to move it himself,
以他当时的状态 肯定不可能自己拿走了
and why would anyone else move it?
可别人为什么要拿走呢
Oh afternoon, Mr. Roulin.
下午好 鲁兰先生
How nice of you to save me the trip to that place.
谢天谢地在这儿碰上你了 省得我要去…那种地方
Doctor sent me to tell you he can see you tomorrow morning.
医生派我来告诉你 他明天上午可以跟您见面
Slop in at any time.
你可以随时过来
Great, I was just thinking
太好了 我想问一下
what you said about Vincent laughing around and
你说文森特开枪那天
drinking with those lads on the day of his death.
他跟年轻人在路上一起喝酒
Where was that?
具体在哪里
Well it was right here,
就是在这里
exactly here.
就在这儿
Scribbling and scrawling away he was as always.
他当时写写画画的 跟平常一样
So he must've already had the gun on him then?
那他当时就应该是随身带着枪的
Yeah, I guess he must have.
是的 我想是的
Well he might've had it amongst his paintings.
也许他把枪藏在颜料下边了
Wouldn't want to put it on display would he?
他总不能摆在明面儿上 对吧
Where do you think he got it from?
你觉得他的枪是从哪儿得到的
Ravoux girl said Gachet was a military man.
那个拉乌家的女孩说 加歇在军队服役过
Has a gun I guess.
我想 他应该有枪吧
You think he could've taken it from your place?
你觉得他有没有可能从你们家拿的枪呢
Not unless he put it hack after.
那只能是他又把枪放回去了
The doctor does have a gun in his study,
医生确实有把枪 就在他的书房里
but I dust there every afternoon, It's never been elsewhere.
我天天去打扫 这枪一直在那里
Anyway, everyone knows it was old Ravoux's gun.
不过大家都知道 那是拉乌老头的枪
He keeps it under the counter, little pistol.
他就放在柜台下面 一把小手枪
And, it's not there anymore.
现在已经不见了
Well, see you tomorrow.
好了 明天见
You were out early.
你今天出去的真早
Long day-
累死我了
Thirsty work.
又累又渴
And, you've been quenching that thirst I suppose.
喝完这杯应该就不渴了吧
Today I heard mention of young lads Vincent would hang around with.
今天我听人说 文森特和一群年轻人玩得很好
That would be the Sacretains, but you won't Find them here.
就是塞克雷坦他们 但是你见不到他们
They're in Paris.
他们去巴黎了
They would often joke around with Vincent especially Rene.
他们老拿文森特开玩笑 尤其是雷内
Rene could also take it a little far.
不过雷内的玩笑总是很过分
Poor Vincent, he nearly fainted.
可怜的文森特 都快被吓晕了
But, then Rene would buy him a drink to apologize.
不过雷内之后会请他喝酒 算是道歉
He was like that always picking up the tab,
他总是这样 经常得罪人
always buying people drinks.
然后请人喝酒当赔罪
I was also told that Vincent got the gun from your place.
我还听说 文森特的枪是从你们店里拿的
What?
什么
Who told you that?
谁告诉你的
We don't even have a gun.
我们家根本没有枪
Gachets housekeeper told me you did.
加歇的女管家告诉我说 你们有枪
No.
没有
Father used to own one once, but
我父亲以前是有一把 但...
he didn't reckon he'd need it here in Auvers, so he sold it.
他觉得在奥维尔用不上 所以就卖掉了
Before Vincent was shot?
在文森特自杀之前吗
Yes.
We didn't have it than,
后来枪就不在了
and don't you go spreading that squawking hen's gossip.
你别出去乱传那个长舌妇的八卦了
This came for you.
这信是给你的
It says that you've lost your job.
信上说你被解雇了
So you're not Good for credit.
所以我们不能继续给你赊账了
Room for one more at your fire?
可以在你的火炉边腾个地儿吗
You look like you've had a day of it.
看来你这一天不太好过啊
The Ravoux girl deprived me of my roof for the night.
拉乌旅馆那丫头把我赶出来睡大街了
Here that'll warm you.
给 喝了能暖和点儿
Now that's something different.
这酒味儿够烈的啊
My own recipe.
这是我自己酿的
So why did the Ravoux girl get the hump'!
拉乌家那姑娘怎么那么大火气啊
Cause I said that maybe Vincent got the gun from them.
因为我说文森特可能是从他们那里拿到的枪
No, no old Ravoux sold his gun to Rene.
不是 老拉乌早把他的枪卖给雷内了
Everyone knows that.
大伙儿都知道
He wanted it for a stupid cowboy costume.
那个小混球想扮什么西部牛仔
He was running around waving it in people's faces
得了枪之后到处去转悠 在别人面前扬来扬去
pretending he was in the Wild West.
还当自己是在西部荒野呢
Good customers, but bad sorts
他出手确实大方 但是人品不怎么样
especially the younger one.
年纪小的那个比他还混
Vincent was being gentlemanly towards the girls,
文森特对那群女孩很有绅士风度
and Rene barges in, "Girls, don't Be bothering with him.
雷内插进来说 "姑娘们 你们别老烦人家
"He cutoff his dick as well as his ear."
他没准会割掉老二 就像割掉耳朵一样"
Let's go.
我们走
These ones are mine.
这些姑娘归我了
Gaston, come on.
加斯顿 我们走了
I'd have smacked the run! If he said that to me.
小畜生 他要敢这么对我说话 我早抽他了
So why didn't you then?
那你当时怎么没动手
It wasn't my business.
那不关我的事
It wasn't my fight.
又轮不到去揍他
So why didn't you make it your fight?
你就不能管一管吗
If I said what I wanted to every lad,
要是我把那群小流氓教训个遍
I'd have no customers.
那我就没生意做了
Won't you just.
嘿 别 别扔
I could've used that.
我还想留着它装酒呢
You could've said something to the boys.
你怎么就不劝劝那些人呢
Couldn't you see they were bullying him?
你看不出来那帮混小子在欺负他吗
I told you Vincent was hanging around them.
我说过了 是文森特自己想跟他们在一块儿的
If he didn't want to be there, he could've stood up and left.
要是他不愿意 完全可以拍屁股走人
Maybe he was there because Rene always picked up the tab.
没准他这样是因为雷内总替他付账
Or, he just felt lonely and liked being around
也可能是他太寂寞了
young people who were enjoying themselves.
才会整天跟那帮公子哥们呆在一起
How is it my business?
那和我有什么关系
No, you've had enough.
好了 你已经喝多了
Very friendly of you,
你可真够朋友啊
turning your hack just like with Vincent.
文森特那样的人 你还坐视不管
What did you do for him? ha?
那你又为他做了什么 说啊
I don't hear you telling me that.
我怎么就没听你说过啊
Were you such a great friend?
你对他真的那么好吗
I never said I was.
我从没那么说过
There you go.
你的酒
Thank you.
谢谢
Hiya.
干了
Who's he?
那人是谁
Who's he think he is?
他以为他是谁
Probably some bloody gypsy.
没地方住 还瞎操心
Seem like a Nancy boy in that jacket.
就是 还穿得跟娘们儿似的
Who's he looking at?
这个娘们 他看什么呢
Head down, regular circus.
还低着头 哪个马戏团里跑出来的吧
Look who else is coming in.
看看谁来了
Where?
哪儿呢
Behind you.
那傻子在你后面呢
Let's have some fun then.
咱们找点乐子吧
Are you coming?
看我的 他来了
You are an idiot Sean.
你真是个傻子
Who gave birth to that?
谁把这傻子生下来的
Watch me nanny boy's coming.
小心了 小娘炮要过来了
What's he want then?
他想要干嘛
Hey Nancy boy.
你好啊 小娘炮
Maybe he wants to join me.
没准儿他也想被撂倒
My head.
头好疼
I didn't do that.
你的眼睛不会...是我打的吧?
No,
不是
it were me that landed a punch.
是我撞到你的拳头上了
I don't remember.
我 我记不起来了
I think I was drunk.
我大概是喝多了
Oh you think.
只是大概吗
If I caused any damage...
要是我造成了什么损失...
You damaged the pride of a couple of local laughs,that's all.
你只是让本地的几个混混丢了面子 仅此而已
I hear you were defending the honor of our village idiot.
我听说你当时是想给我们村里那个傻小子出头
Yeah
I think they were picking on him.
我记得那帮人在欺负他
Well they paid their dues.
那他们得到教训了
But, you didn't need to start on me
但你对我可以省省力气
when I arrived to restore the peace.
我到场是为了维持秩序的
I'm sorry.
我深感抱歉
You're the lad that was asking about the Dutch guy that shot himself.
你就是来打听那个自杀的荷兰人的小伙子
Yeah he's a friend of my dad's.
是的 他是我父亲的朋友
You know my dad's a postmaster.
你知道我父亲是一个邮政局局长吗
Strange company
这种奇怪的朋友
for a respectable man like a postmaster to keep.
不像是德高望重的邮局局长会结交的
Not really.
也不全是
Vincent generated more letters than a town,
文森特寄出的信比整个镇的人还多
so it was sort of a business relationship.
所以他们算是业务关系吧
So what business do you have here'?
那么你来这里做什么
I have an appointment with Dr.Gachet
我约好了加歇医生
to talk about Vincent.
想了解一下文森特的情况
I had me eye on him right from the start.
从一开始我就注意他了
Don't worry it'll be all right.
梵高先生 没事的
I'll have a little look around.
我到处看看
So when I come in on Monday morning to hear
所以礼拜一早上我一进旅馆 听说
he'd shot himself, I'm not surprised.
他开枪打了自己 我一点也不意外
You're here.
你来了
How is Mr. Vincent, any better?
文森特先生怎么样了 好点了吗
But, he told me what I wanted to know.
但我想向他了解情况 他就这么说
It's a bad do, all this you know.
你知道的 这真是太糟糕了
That he tried to kill himself
他就是想自杀
and not to let anyone else gel the blame.
叫我不要怪罪到别人头上
Like I'd blame anyone else for his crime.
生怕我会拿别人顶罪似的
I think we should leave the man in peace.
我们还是让他静养吧
Even caused me trouble after he were dead.
即便他死了之后 也给我也惹了不少麻烦
Dr. Mazery kept pestering me to file his report
马泽里医生 非要向我提交一份医检报告
even though he knew I already had Gachets.
尽管他知道加歇医生早就交给我了
Who's Dr. Mazery?
马泽里医生是谁
Dr. Mazery?
马泽里医生
Yes?
你是哪位
I would never send a report normally.
要是平常 我才不会插手这个报告
I mean this was Gachets case.
毕竟那是加歇的病人
Then I read that the patient died two days later in his room.
但我得知他治的那个病人两天后死在房间里了
So I felt that I should for the record.
我就觉得我有义务提交报告 以供记录在案
I asked the patient how it happened?
我问过病人是怎么受伤的
He said he had shot himself.
他说是自己开的枪
But, I knew he hadn't.
可我知道这不可能
I could tell by his wound.
从他的伤口就能看出来
With suicides, people shoot themselves in the head.
通常想要自杀的人都会朝头部开枪
Either in the temple or through the mouth.
或者对准太阳穴 或者把子弹打进嘴里
If not, then through the heart, but not through the stomach.
再不然就是冲着心脏 而绝不是对着肚子
I was suspicious.
当时我就起了疑心
The bullet wound, look, stand up.
枪伤不会是 好 你站起来
Stand up. Come on, let me show you.
站起来 快点 我演示给你看
There you are back and forth.
好了 扬起来
That's it, now back like that.
就这样 脚向前点
Now you're down there like that, and now look.
再这样 弯腰 看到了吧
- You see there. - What?
- 你看到了吗 那里 - 什么
You see that's too low an angle.
你看到了吧 他开枪的角度太低了
For what?
低怎么了
He would've had to have fired the gun with his outstretched toe.
要想造成那样的枪伤 他就得用伸出来的脚趾开枪
Go on you outstretch your toe.
你来试试 你把脚伸出来看看
Just stretch your toe out.
把脚伸出来
You see.
看到了吧
And, in any case if you fire a bullet point blank range,
而且一般情况下 如果你近距离射出子弹
it'll go through the body.
子弹会射穿你的身体
Not always, but in all probability.
当然也有特例 但基本都是这样
So if it didn't go through,
既然子弹没有射穿人体
then the gun must've been further back.
那开枪的位置应该在离他更远的地方
Like
像是
there,
这么远
bang!
You see?
看明白了吗
I see.
明白了
Most likely he was shot.
很可能是别人开的枪
If it isn't the Provence pugilist.
这不是那个普罗旺斯来的打手吗
Should I be scared?
我是不是该怕你了
I thought you didn't go in for village gossip.
我以为你懒得听村里的流言蜚语呢
I don't. That's why one employs servants.
没错 所以我们才雇了佣人
They get it for you.
让他们说给我听
Did you also hear that your friendly local
那你也听说了 是村里和蔼的警官
gendarme put me up for the night?
收留我过了一夜
So now you're up here contemplating your future.
所以你现在是在这里思考你未卜的前途吗
No actually I was thinking how come you lied
我实际上是在思考 像你这么坦荡的人
if you've got nothing to hide?
为什么还要对我撒谎呢
What makes you think I have and duty to tell you the truth.
你觉得我有什么义务向你坦白事实的真相
Maybe I just thought my life was none of your business.
也许我只是觉得 我的生活跟这毫不相干
I wasn't asking about your life.
我没想过问你的生活
I was asking about Vincent's death.
我只是想搞清楚文森特的死因
You thought that his death and my life were linked?
你认为他的死和我的生活有关吗
Yes,
but I don't think that anymore.
但 我已经不那么想了
The truth is
事实就是
I'm not important.
不是因为我
He wasn't some lovelorn teenager.
他不是什么为情所困的少年
I know.
我知道
Did you know he was a genius?
那你知道他是个天才吗
No, I can't Say that I did.
不 这方面我不清楚
Well I did.
我清楚
It's not finished yet.
我还没画完呢
Alright, I'll see it later.
好的 我不打扰你了
Thank you.
谢谢
And, so did my father.
我父亲也清楚
All his life he has tried so hard to be an artist.
他这辈子拼了命 想成为一名艺术家
And, then this gruff awkward man
但就是这个看似粗鄙笨拙的男人
without any proper training
没接受过像样的训练
who'd only been painting a few years comes barging in and
才画了短短几年时间 就脱颖而出
rushes off in a couple of hours what poor father
他几个小时画的画 我可怜的父亲
couldn't dream of painting in two lifetimes.
几辈子就算做梦都想象不出来
My dad would lock himself away and copy them for hours.
父亲把自己锁在屋里 一临摹就是几小时
Father told me I was distracting Vincent from important work.
父亲怪我让文森特分心了 让他没法专心创作
Asked if I really wanted to be responsible for
他责问我 要是我妨碍了艺术杰作的诞生
preventing masterpieces from being born?
担不担得起这个责任
And, of course I didn't.
我当然担不起
So I started to
所以之后
not be in or not he well when Vincent called.
文森特再找我 我就假装不在 或装不舒服
Soon after that, they had an argument,
过了没多久 他们吵了一架
a terrible row.
吵得很厉害
It wasn't about me, but
那不是为了我
maybe my withdrawal had soured things.
但我的回避也许让事情恶化了
The next time my father saw him, he had a bullet in his belly.
我父亲再见到他时 他已身受枪伤奄奄一息了
Are you satisfied now?
你现在满意了吗
You can blame me.
你可以责怪我
You can blame my father.
也可以责怪我的父亲
You're not to blame.
这不能怪你
You've not part in it.
你跟这事儿没关系
He was shot by some boys.
开枪的是几个小流氓
Some boy named Rene Sacretain.
其中有一个叫雷内·塞克雷坦的
No, I'm serious.
不 我是说真的
I can see that.
看得出来
Rene's an idiot for sure, but he's not a murderer.
雷内是个蠢货 没错 但是他不会杀人
An idiot who drank,
这个蠢货喝醉了
who had a gun, who walked around all summer with it
他有枪 整个夏天都带着 到处去转悠
waving it in people's faces,
还跑到别人面前扬来扬去
who bullied Vincent,
他欺负过文森特
who was seen with Vincent on the day of his death,
有人那天看见过文森特跟他们在一起
and his stuff disappears.
文森特的画具都不见了
He didn't disappear it himself, so
那些东西不可能凭空消失
there must have been someone else.
肯定是某个人拿走了
It must've been.
一定是这样
So lonely Vincent resorts to hanging around
所以孤独的文森特是跟醉酒胡闹的
with drunken teenagers, and he gets shot.
年轻人厮混 然后就被人打了一枪
Or, he shoots himself
还是因为对生活的绝望
in despair at his lonely life.
他想开枪结束自己孤寂的生命
The result is the same.
结果都是一样的
Either way, instead
无论如何都一样
he could've been at our place painting
他本来可以在我家安心作画
if I'd behaved differently,
要是我不避着他
if him and my father hadn't argued.
要是他和我父亲那次没有吵架
But, don't you care that some bastard may have gotten away with murder?
难道一点都不关心某个混蛋可能已经逍遥法外了吗
You want to know so much about his death,
你这么想知道他是怎么死的
but what do you know of his life?
那你知道他是怎么活的吗
I know that he
我知道 他
tried hard
生前非常努力的
to prove he was
想证明自己
good for something.
并非一无是处
Yes,
he did.
他是这样的
That's why I take flowers to his grave.
所以我才带着花去墓地看他
That's all I can do for him now.
这是我现在唯一能为他做的了
He would appreciate the delicate beauty of their bloom
他会欣赏这些花朵的娇柔和美丽
even each blade of their grassy stems.
甚至也能欣赏地上青草泛起的光泽
No detail of life was too small
生命对他来说没有什么是微不足道的
or too humble for him.
或低贱粗鄙的
He appreciated and loved it all.
他对一切都能欣赏和热爱
Let you out of jail did they?
你就这么被放出来了?
On account of my winning personality.
就是说 我的人品还靠得住
It's like trying to out disgrace your friend Vincent.
好让你继续为你的朋友文森特正名吗
I'm working on it.
我正在努力
You must be the young man who's been waiting to see me.
你就是那个等了我很久的年轻人吧
Armand Roulin.
阿曼德·鲁兰
Son of the great Joseph Roulin,
你父亲是伟大的约瑟夫·鲁兰
陀思妥耶夫斯基:俄国著名作家
giant of the South with Dostoevsky's soul.
有着陀思妥耶夫斯基之魂的南方伟人
What?
什么
That's what Vincent called your father.
文森特是这样描述你父亲的
He told me all about him.
他总是跟我提起他
He did?
是吗
Yes, and your mother,
是的 还有你的母亲
whose lullaby could sooth even the souls of Icelandic fisherman.
你母亲那首摇篮曲给他的自生力得到了任何慰藉
Come now, Armand of the Roulin clan, take a seat,
来吧 鲁兰家的阿曼德公子 请坐
be welcome.
欢迎你的到来
Louise, drinks.
路易斯 拿点喝的
What'll you have, wine?
你想喝什么 葡萄酒怎么样
No, thank you.
不用了 谢谢
I had my fill last night.
我昨晚喝的够多了
Ah, tea then.
那来点茶吧
I have just the recipe.
我家的茶可不一般
Louise, you know the one, chop-chop.
路易斯 就那个茶 快去拿吧
So young man, I hear you've been making
好了 小伙子 这两天我可是
something of a name for yourself these past two days.
听说了不少你的事迹啊
Believe me that wasn't my intention.
相信我 那并不是我本意
I just wanted to deliver a letter.
我只是想来送这封信而已
From a dead man to a dead man I understand.
是逝者写给逝者的 我说对了吗
Yeah, well I didn't Know that when I set out.
对 但我出发的时候还不知道
A guy I met in Paris thought you might have
我在巴黎听说你可能知道
the address for Theo's widow.
提奥的遗孀住在哪里
Seems right the family should have the letter.
这封信应该留给提奥的家人
That's what my father reckons.
这也是我父亲的想法
Your father sounds like a responsible man.
看来你父亲是很负责的人
I sympathize.
我深有同感
I have to look after the health of great artists.
我必须照顾大艺术家们的健康状况
It is a burden.
这需要责任感
They are not peaceful souls.
他们的内心并不安宁
I understand because I am an artist too.
我能体谅他们 因为我也是一名艺术家
That is why they trust me.
所以他们很信任我
And, Vincent trusted you too?
那文森特也信任你吗
Yes, he did.
那当然
Does it matter now?
有什么不对吗
I was hoping you'd tell me.
我还指望你来说呢
Tell you what exactly?
你想让我说什么
Vincent wrote to my father six weeks before he died,
文森特给我父亲写过信 就在他去世六周之前
and he said he fell absolutely calm
他说他目前完全平静了
and in a normal slate.
整个人很正常
So I came here hoping you could explain
所以我过来想请您解释一下
how he went from absolutely calm and in a normal state to suicidal.
他是怎么从完全平静变成了要开枪自杀身亡的
But, I reckon I know the answer to that.
不过我想我已经知道答案了
Oh do you now?
哦 真的吗
You're familiar with melancholia are you?
这么说 你对抑郁症很了解是吗
I wouldn't say so.
不太清楚
Sufferers can change from feeling life is
抑郁症患者从感叹人生的喜悦
a wondrous joy to being stuck in a pit of despair within six hours.
到觉得恐怖绝望变化只需要六个小时
So think what changes are possible within six weeks.
所以六周时间你想想会有什么变化
But, I don't reckon that's it.
可我觉得不只是这样
Ravoux girl said he was happy here.
拉乌的女儿说他在这里很开心
She's obviously qualified to make such a diagnosis.
难道她还有资格做这样的诊断吗
She saw him everyday,
她天天见到文森特
said he was calm and seemed normal.
他说他很平静 看上去也很正常
Maybe he did seem that way,
也许他只是看上去很正常
maybe he was that way in the beginning.
也许他从一开始是很正常
There he is.
就这儿
He's arrived.
他已经到了
Leaving the asylum had given him fresh hope.
离开了精神病院 他的生活有了新的希望
He didn't want for much just his work from day to day.
他要求的不多 只要他天天都能创作
- Find a little friendship. - It's good to meet you.
- 交一些朋友 - 很高兴见到你
I've heard so much about you.
久仰大名
All will be well.
一切都会好起来的
And, did he find a little friendship?
那他交到朋友了吗
He had it from me.
他交到我这个朋友了
His friend Tanguy said his star was finally rising.
他的朋友唐吉说"他如新星般冉冉上升"
And, it was.
确实如此
With each new canvass, he painted a shining star.
他可以拿着画布 画上灿烂的明星
But, all of those stars were surrounded by unfathomable, empty loneliness.
但环绕着那些明星的却是深不见底的空虚和寂寞
You said he had your friendship and his brother's love.
你说他有你这个朋友 还有他弟弟的关爱
I mean it seems like everything was all right.
那他的生活到底哪儿出了问题
Underneath he was deeply afraid of the future.
在内心里 他对未来有着深深的恐惧
To the baby, yes.
敬新生儿 好吗
Of his own and Theo's.
为自己 也为提奥
Time to meet you little boy.
过来让我抱抱 小家伙
I don't think he's responding to your medicine.
我认为他病情没有好转 我给他开了药
He knew that Theo had spent a small fortune on him.
文森特知道 提奥在他身上花了不少钱
The knowledge of this tore into Vincent.
这个事实深深刺伤了他
Excuse me.
我出去一下
Theo could've had a house like this
这些年替文森特负担的花费
with all the money he'd spent on Vincent over the years.
都够买我们家这样的大房子了
But, instead what did he have for his new wife and baby'!
可是他自己的妻儿又得到了什么呢
Rooms full of paintings that no one wanted to buy.
他们只能跟一屋子没人要的画挤在一起
Vincent's biggest fear was that the burden of him
文森特最害怕的就是成为弟弟的累赘
would bring down his brother.
拖垮他们一家
So Vincent worried a little about money.
即使文森特比较担心钱的问题
It's not like they were starving is it?
但也没到挨饿的地步 对吧
Listen
听我说
I don't reckon he committed suicide.
我认为他不是自寻了断
I reckon he was shot.
实际上他是被杀的
Have you been talking to Mazery?
你和马泽里聊过了吧
You heard his tale of how the angle of the bullet was all wrong,
你听他瞎掰了什么子弹的角度完全不对
that nobody shoots themselves in the stomach?
人不能朝自己的肚子开枪
Well yeah.
嗯 对
What's to stop Vincent from doing something improbable?
文森特发起疯来谁又能拦得住
I mean cutting a piece of your ear off and
光是割掉一只耳朵
making a present of it
然后还当成礼物送给妓女
to a whore is hardly probable now is it?
就够匪夷所思的了 对吧
But, there was this lad Rene who had a gun,
还有个叫雷内的家伙 他有枪
who bullied Vincent and was seen with him on that day.
经常欺负文森特 有人看见文森特那天和他在一起
I was at Vincent's bedside on that day,
文森特临终前 我就在他的床边
and he said he had shot himself
他说是自己开的枪
and told me not to blame anyone.
还叫我不要责怪任何人
Not to blame anyone?
不要责怪任何人?
Doesn't that sound to you like he was trying to cover for someone?
那听起来不像是故意要包庇某人吗
He wanted to die I know that.
他很想死 我知道
Why would he say there's no one to blame
他说不要责怪任何人
unless he thought someone might be blamed?
是因为他觉得可能有人会因此受到责怪
He said that because there was someone,
他这么说是因为的确有人应该被责怪
me.
那就是我
I think he
我想
took his life
他了结自己
to try and save Theo
是想挽救提奥
because of something I'd said.
因为他被我的话刺激了
You see there was an argument, and I said
其实 我跟他吵过一次
I said something to Vincent that as his doctor
我跟文森特说了一些
- I should never have said. - Come back.
- 作为医生永远不该说的话 - 回来
- You know nothing abot art! - But, he'd made me so angry.
- 你根本不懂艺术 - 但那天我被气的不行了
- You know nothing about art! - He called me an artistic fraud.
- 你根本不懂艺术 - 他说我是个艺术骗子
And, you are lying especially to yourself.
你就是骗子 尤其擅长自欺欺人
In a way I am.
其实他说的也对 还不止
- You are an artistic fraud.
你这个艺术骗子
- I desperately wanted to be an artist,
我很渴望成为一名艺术家
but my father made me study medicine,
但我父亲强迫我去学医
and I failed to stand up to him.
而我也没有坚持下去
Vincent said I was living a lie
文森特说我活得虚伪
whilst he lived and struggled for the truth.
不像他这么努力地寻求真实
So I thought in the heat of our argument, okay Vincent
所以吵到到气头上 我就想 好啊 文森特
I'll give you your precious truth.
我就给你要的真实
I knew that Theo was in the tertiary stages of syphilis,
我知道提奥身患梅毒已经到第三期了
any stress financial, emotional or physical
任何压力 经济上的 情绪上的 生理上的
could kill him.
都能致命
I said to Vincent,
我跟文森特说
"What do you think the burden of worrying about you is doing to your brother?"
你知道整天为你操心对你弟弟来说是多大的负担吗
It's quite likely killing him.
他压力大的都快垮了
That is the price of your truth,
这就是真实的代价
the price of your path as an artist.
也是你追求艺术的代价
Is it worth it?
你觉得值吗
That stopped the argument dead.
我们就这样不欢而散
Vincent?
文森特
Vincent!
文森特
Vincent come back!
回来 文森特
Vincent!
文森特
Two weeks later,
两个礼拜之后
I am sitting at his bedside, and he is dying.
我坐在他的床前 他奄奄一息
The only words he said,
他只说了一句话
"Maybe it is better for everyone."
也许这样对谁都好
Here
这个给你
a letter for a letter.
一封信换一封信
Theo's widow is collecting all his letters.
提奥的遗孀在收集他所有的信件
She wants to publish them.
她想出版成书
I'll make sure she gets that.
我保证把信交给她
In reading through Vincent's letters to Theo,
在文森特给提奥的信里
she came across this one.
她偶然发现了这个
It moved her so much, she copied it out and sent it to me.
她读了深受感动 所以她抄了一份寄给了我
Why are you giving it to me?
为什么把它给我
It is from when he was starting out on his journey as an artist.
这是他踏上艺术的道路时写的第一封信
Take it for your journey.
拿着吧 感谢你跑一趟
Thank you Dr. Gachet.
谢谢 加歇医生
Armand Roulin, good luck.
阿曼德·鲁兰 祝你好运
Thanks a lot.
太谢谢了
No bother sir.
这没什么 孩子
Who am I in the eyes of most people?
在世人看来 我是什么样的人
A nobody, a non entity, an unpleasant person.
是无名小卒 一个无足轻重又不招人待见的家伙
Someone who has not,
这样的人在现在
and never will have
以及将来
any position in society.
在社会上都没有容身之地
In short, the lowest of the low.
简而言之 我就是最为低贱的下等人
Well then
可是
even if that were all absolutely true,
就算这已经成为了无可争辩的事实
then one day
总有一天
I will have to show by my work
我会用我的作品告诉世人
what this nobody,
我这个无名小卒
this non entity
这个低贱的人
has in his heart.
心有辉煌 绚丽璀璨
I looked for you at the bar.
我去酒吧找你了
Any luck on the job from?
找工作的事有什么进展吗
Nothing.
没有进展
Lieutenant Milliet says I should enlist.
米勒中尉说我应该去参军
What for?
怎么说
Well I'm good at fighting, aren't I?
呃 我打架挺厉害的 是吧
Roulin's have always been that.
我们鲁兰家的人个个都厉害
The trick is to know what you're fighting for.
但诀窍在于 你要知道是在为什么而战
Would you look at it?
你看天上
There's a whole other world up there.
上面简直是另一个世界
Something we get to gaze upon but don't fully understand.
就摆在我们面前 但我们却对其一无所知
It reminds me of him.
就像他一样
It feels wrong
感觉真不好
all that life snuffed out because of a stupid accident.
他的人生就因为一个愚蠢的意外而戛然而止
I'm still wondering why he would cover for those boys.
我还在琢磨他为什么要包庇那些臭小子
What I'm wondering is
我想的是
if people will appreciate what he did.
不知道人们会不会对他的所作所为而心怀感激
You were looking for me?
你找我做什么
This arrived from Holland this morning.
这封信是今天早上从荷兰寄来的
It's from Jo, Theo's widow.
是乔寄的 提奥的遗孀
It turns out Gachel did send the letter.
看来加歇医生确实把信转交了
And, she was terribly touched by what you did.
你送信这事让他非常感动
She thought it only right that you should know what was in it,
她觉得你有权知道这封信的内容
so she copied it out for us.
就抄了一份给我们
... She sends her,
她寄的
she said something about--
她里面说的是
Alright, give it here.
行了 让我读吧
In the life of the painter,
在画家的人生里
death may perhaps not be the most difficult thing.
死亡并非难以接受
For myself, I declare I don't Know anything about it.
对于死亡 我的说法不尽准确
But, the sight of the stars always makes me dream.
然而每当我仰望星空时 我总会畅想一番
Why I say to myself should those spots of light
我常常问自己 我们为什么触摸不到
in the firmament bet Inaccessible to us?
头上的点点星光
Maybe we can take death to go to a star
莫非人类可以通过死亡去往那一片星空
and to die peacefully of old age would be to go there on foot.
这么说 暮年的安详离世该是朝向星海徜徉徘徊吧
For the moment, I'm going to go to bed because it's late,
夜已深了 我该上床安歇了
and I wish you goodnight and good luck
祝你晚安 也祝你好运
with a handshake,
与你亲切地握手
your loving
来自你挚爱的
Vincent.
文森特
从手执画笔到自杀的短短八年间 文森特共创作了800多幅画作
但在他生前仅有一幅画作售出
在过世之后 文森特被誉为现代艺术之父
阿曼德·鲁兰搬到了突尼斯 余生效力于警队
Starry starry night
繁星点点的夜里
Paint your palette blue and grey
调色盘上只有蓝与灰
Look out on a summer's day
在夏日里出外探访
With eyes that know the darkness in my soul
用你那洞悉我灵魂幽暗处的双眼
Shadows on the hills
山丘上的阴影
鲁兰对我 就像老兵对新兵那样亲切
Sketch the trees and the daffodils
描绘出树与水仙花
Catch the breeze and the winter chills
捕捉微风与冬天的冷冽
他对一切都深谙于心 可怜的文森特
In colors on the snowy linen land
用那如雪地里亚麻般的色彩
他太敏感了 所以才会走向极端
Now I understand
如今我才明白
What you tried to say to me
你想说的是什么
And how you suffered for your sanity
你清醒的时候有多么的痛苦
艾德琳·拉乌嫁给了当地的一位旅馆老板
And how you tried to set them free
你努力的想让他们得到解脱
余生因为见证了文森特最后几天的生活而备受关注
They would not listen, they did not know how
但他们难以理解 也不知如何是好
Perhaps, they'll listen now
也许 今后他们将会明了
Starry, starry night
繁星点点的夜里
玛格丽特·加歇一直在父亲的庄园里生活
Flaming flowers that brightly blaze
火红的花朵灿烂的燃烧着
直至去世 终身未嫁
文森特为她创作的《在弹钢琴的玛格丽特》
Swirling clouds in violet haze
漩涡似的云飘在紫兰色的雾里
在她的卧室里挂了44年
Reflect in Vincent's eyes of China blue
映照在文森特湛蓝的眼瞳里
Colors changing hue
色彩变化万千
Morning fields of amber grain
清晨的田园里琥珀色的庄稼
加歇医生的画作收藏遗赠给法国后
Weathered faces lined in pain
布满风霜的脸罗列着痛苦
专家对文森特的真迹及加歇的临摹展开了特别工作
Are smoothed beneath the artist's loving hand
在艺术家怜爱的手下得到抚慰
《加歇医生的肖像》在1990年破记录以8250万出售
Now I understand
如今我才明白
加歇医生本人因此留名永世
在收割者的身上 我看见了死亡
What you tried to say to me
你想说的是什么
然而那影像并不可悲 一切都沐浴在阳光之下
And how you suffered for your sanity
你清醒的时候有多么的痛苦
闪耀着金色的光芒
And how you tried to set them free
你努力的想让他们得到解脱
They would not listen, they did not know how
但他们难以理解 也不知如何是好
Perhaps, they'll listen now
也许 现在他们知道了
For they could not love you
因为他们当初爱你
But still your love was true
但你的爱依然真实
临终前 富有的银行家雷内承认自己年少时
曾经没心没肺的捉弄过文森特
And when no hope was left inside on that starry starry night
当灿烂的星空里不存一丝希望
他还称文森特为了自杀偷走了他的枪
You took your life as lovers often do
你像许多恋人一样 结束了自已的生命
But I could have told you, Vincent
但愿我能告诉你 文森特
以下作品用于本片但此片中未收入于《挚爱的文森特》
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as you
这个世界难以体会你的美好
我想用自己的作品的感动世人
我希望听到他们说 这位艺术家
所思甚深 所感甚柔
文森特·梵高
Starry, starry night
繁星点点的夜里
Portraits hung in empty halls
一幅幅的肖像悬挂在空荡荡的大厅里
Frameless heads on nameless walls
无镶框的脸倚靠在寂然的墙上
With eyes that watch the world and can't forget
配上一双看遍世事且永不遗忘的双眼
Like the stranger that you've met
就像你曾遇见的陌生人
The ragged men in ragged clothes
那些衣杉褴褛的人们
The silver thorn of bloddy rose
像血红的玫瑰上的银色的刺
Lie crushed and broken on the virgin snow
断裂并静卧在初下的雪上
Now I think I know
我想我已明白
What you tried to say to me
你想说的是什么
And how you suffered for your sanity
你清醒的时候有多么的痛苦
And how you tried to set them free
你努力的想让他们得到解脱
They would not listen, they're not listening still
但他们难以理解 现在依然如此
Perhaps, they never will
也许 他们永远不会