生活大爆炸 第十二季 The Big Bang Theory Season 12 第20集: 思前想后 The Decision Reverberation

上映日期: 2,018

语言: 英语

影片类型: 喜剧 / 爱情

导演: 马克·森卓斯基

演员: 吉姆·帕森斯 / 约翰尼·盖尔克奇 / 凯莉·库柯 / 西蒙·赫尔伯格 / 昆瑙·内亚 / 梅丽莎·劳奇 / 马伊姆·拜力克 / 凯文·苏斯曼


台词
Oh, the... there's a 7:15 at the ArcLight.
聚光灯电影院有7点15分的场
Well, that doesn't give us much time to eat.
可是这样我们没什么时间吃饭啊
We can eat afterwards.
我们可以看完再吃啊
I'm not gonna eat at 10:00 at night.
我才不要晚上十点后才吃晚饭
Who am I, Hemingway?
我又不是海明威
Why do you think Hemingway ate at 10:00?
你为什么觉得海明威晚上10点吃晚饭
He spent a lot of time in Spain. They eat dinner late.
他在西班牙待过不少时间 那里人吃饭晚
美国知名作家与记者 代表作《老人与海》曾被外派去西班牙报导西班牙内战
He also spent a lot of time in Florida.
他也在佛罗里达州待过挺长时间啊
Last time I was there, people were eating dinner at, like, 4:30.
根据我去的经验 当地人4点半就在吃晚饭了
You guys know that Hemingway had cats with six toes?
你们知道海明威的猫有6只脚趾吗
Six toes per foot or six toes total?
是每只脚有6趾还是总共只有6趾
海明威在美国基韦斯特岛的故居周围还存有大量的6趾猫
Okay.
好了
It's official. We're never going to see the Avengers.
正式确定了 我们看不到最新的《复仇者联盟》
Guys, just come on. Make a decision.
你们别闹了 赶紧做个决定吧
I-I'm good with eating after.
我不介意看完再吃
- Mm, I'm kind of hungry now. - Yeah, me, too.
-我现在就有点饿了 -我也是
- Then we'll eat before. - Okay.
-那我们就看之前吃 -好
So, then, we can see the 3-D at 9:00 or the 2-D at 9:30.
我们可以看9点的3D场或者2D的9点半场
3-D. If I'm gonna see Thor,
3D的 如果要看到雷神索尔
I want to feel like I could lick those abs.
我想要有一伸舌头就能舔到他腹肌的感觉
Actually, 3-D kind of makes me queasy.
其实3D会让我看得有点想吐
No, but we have to see it in 3-D.
可是我们必须得看3D的啊
We saw part one in 3-D, and the 2-D part two
上半部我们看了3D版 而2D版的下半部
is not the part two of the 3-D part one.
可不能当做是3D版的下半部
He's got you there, Leonard.
他一句话辩倒你啦 莱纳德
Or he doesn't. I don't really care anymore.
也可能没辩倒 我反正已经不在乎了
Okay, then, we'll go see it in 3-D.
好好好 那我们就去看3D场
No. Sweetie, you shouldn't do things that make you feel bad.
亲爱的 要是会让你难受 你就不该做啊
Well, I'm doing this.
我不也在做这事吗
And of course he is.
他当然会做啦
He is a textbook satisficer.
他就是标准的满意即可性格
That's not even a word.
根本就没有这个词
Uh, yes, it is.
真的有
According to Nobel Prize-winning economist Herbert Simon,
根据诺贝尔经济学奖得主赫伯特·西蒙所说
satisficing is a decision-making strategy
满意即可是一种决策方法
whereby a person accepts whatever available option is satisfactory
是指一个人愿意接受任何过得去的选择
rather than seeking out a course of action
而不愿努力去寻求
that would make him happiest,
能让自己最满意的最优化方式
as I just did when I explained what satisficing was.
比如我跟你们解释"满意即可"就是自己最爽的方式
He's right.
他说得对
No one wanted to hear that.
没人想听这个
He knew it, yet he plowed ahead.
他知道会有这下场 还是愿意跳你这坑
I'm just trying to find a plan plow head
我只是在试着找到一个大家都开心的方案
Except you.
但你自己不会开心
Yeah, Leonard. What would make you happy?
对啊 莱纳德 什么会让你开心
I could tell you about satisficing again.
我愿意为你再说一遍满意即可
You know, what would make me happy
如果真的想让我心满意足
is if we just stop talking about this
那就请大家别再废话
and see whatever movie you guys want to see
就看你们想看的电影
whenever you want to see it.
选你们想要的时间就行
Okay. But next time, we get to pick.
行 这次听你安排 下次得让我们选啊
♪ Our whole universe was in a hot, dense state ♪
♪ Then nearly 14 billion years ago expansion started... Wait! ♪
♪ The Earth began to cool
♪ The autotrophs began to drool, Neanderthals developed tools ♪
♪ We built the Wall, We built the pyramids♪
♪ Math, Science, History, unraveling the mystery ♪
♪ That all started with a big bang ♪
第十二季 第二十集
♪ Bang!♪
♪ aBu 2019 ♪
How's your headache?
你头疼怎么样了
It's better. The throwing up really helped.
好点了 吐完真的感觉舒服些
I'm so sorry you missed the end of the movie.
你错过结尾真是太遗憾了
Oh, it's okay.
没事啦
Everyone talked about it so much on the ride home,
大家回程车上聊了一整路
I feel like I saw it.
我感觉我也在现场看到了
Well, to be fair, you talked about the bathroom so much,
凭良心说 你也说了这么多你在卫生间的事
we felt like we saw that, too.
我们也感觉在现场看到了
I think I would've been okay if we weren't sitting so close.
如果我们不坐那么前排 或许我会好些
Well, then, why did we sit so close?
那我们为什么要坐那么前排
Sheldon said, "Are these seats good for everyone?"
谢尔顿说"这座位大家没意见吧"
What was I supposed to do, say no, like a maniac?
你要我说什么啊 不怕死地说不吗
Sweetie, you have got to stand up for yourself.
亲爱的 你得为自己站出来说话啊
You know, maybe Sheldon's right.
或许谢尔顿说的是对的
Maybe you are that word he said.
可能你就是他说的那种人
Satisficer?
满意即可人格吗
Yeah, that! That's the one.
对 就是这个
Boy, sounds way more made-up when you say it.
天啊 从你嘴里说出来感觉这词假了好多
I mean, come on, when was the last time
来嘛 你说说你上一次
you did something totally selfish without worrying
做一件完全自私且没有
about what anyone else wanted?
考虑其他人的想法是在什么时候
According to my mother,
根据我妈所说
I took my sweet time being born.
我出生的时候拖了很长时间才生下来
How is that selfish?
这点怎么自私了
Apparently, she had dinner reservations.
她貌似有在餐厅订位吃晚饭
And this is the telescope room
而这里是望远镜房
where I spend a lot of my evenings.
我在这里度过无数个夜晚
Where's the telescope?
望远镜在哪
Hawaii.
夏威夷
That's cool.
很酷啊
Yeah, so, you know...
是啊 所以嘛...
aloha.
你好 欢迎[夏威夷语]
What's that smell?
这个什么味道啊
Uh, everyone has their own theory.
每个人都有一套理论
Dr. Tibourgh thinks it's mold.
泰博博士觉得是霉味
I think it's Dr. Tibourgh.
而我觉得是泰博博士的臭味
So, what am I looking at?
所以我面前的是什么
Ah, this is live information from the Keck telescope.
这是凯克望远镜发送过来的即时资料
It's pretty interesting.
其实挺有意思的
So, I recently observed some optical flashes.
我最近观测到一些光学闪光
It could be light bouncing off a natural object,
可能是光线从自然物体反射过来
but those tend to be less reflective,
但自然物体通常反射力较弱
so could be evidence of something alien-made.
所以很有可能是外星造物存在的证据
Oh, this suddenly got exciting.
一下子开始有趣了起来呢
Oh. When you say "exciting,"
你说"有趣"的时候
do you mean "Go back to my place" exciting
是"回我家再办事"的有趣程度
or "Hold our breath and do it here"?
还是"小声点在这就把事办了"的程度
Mahalo.
谢谢[夏威夷语]
Do I want to ask?
我问了会后悔吗
Oh, w... when I go upstairs,
等我到了楼上
Penny's gonna make me choose what we're gonna do tonight
佩妮就会要我选择我们今晚做什么
without taking her feelings into consideration,
而且不准考虑她的感觉与想法
and I-I don't know if I'm up for it.
我不知道自己做不做得到
Poor baby. When I go upstairs,
真"可怜"啊 等我一到楼上
Sheldon's gonna give me a 25-minute lecture
谢尔顿要用整整25分钟
about what Hulk would be like if he were made of metal.
来告诉我如果浩克是金属做的会怎样
Part of his ongoing series,
这是他的一个系列讲座
"What If Hulk Were Made of Other Things?"
《如果浩克是其他材质做的会怎样》
I-I've always been a people pleaser.
我这人从来就喜欢讨好别人
Is that so bad? It's gotten me this far.
有那么糟糕吗 我不也走到现在了吗
What, almost up four flights of stairs?
走到哪 走个4层楼吗
Okay, if I go in there
好吧 如果我到楼上
and pick something I want to do that she also wants to do,
选择一件我和她都想做的事
she's gonna think I'm just picking it to make her happy.
她一定会以为我是故意让她高兴
So I feel like
所以我觉得
I have to pick something I know she doesn't want to do
我必须得选一件她不想做的事
or she's gonna be disappointed.
不然她会失望
Right? What do you think?
对不对 你觉得呢
Think I've got ice cream in this bag
我觉得我袋子里的冰激凌
that's starting to melt.
恐怕是开始化了
I'm sorry.
对不起
It's exhausting being in my head.
我头都要想爆了
Look, when you wanted Penny, you didn't care
听着 从前你喜欢佩妮的时候
what anybody else thought or wanted,
完全不顾周围所有人的想法
including Penny.
包括佩妮本人的想法
That's true.
这倒是真的
Yeah, yeah, there was something I wanted,
没错 没错 爷想要什么
I went after it and I got it.
爷就大胆去追 还追到手了
Now you're hiding from it on the stairs, so it all worked out.
如今你为了躲她藏在楼道里 一切如你所愿
I thought about what I want to do tonight,
我想到今晚要做什么了
and I didn't take your feelings into consideration at all.
我可完全不会顾及你的感受哦
Great.
太好了
I want to have sex.
我要和你滚床单
Wow, sex with your wife.
和老婆滚床单
You're really swinging for the fences there, Hofstadter.
你可真是挥出全垒打呢 霍夫斯塔德
Yeah, we don't have to.
算了 我们不一定要做的
No!
别呀
I like it. Let's go.
我喜欢这个主意 来吧
Oh, o-okay.
好 好呀
And then after that, we're gonna watch Startrek discovery.
滚完之后 我们还要看《星际迷航 发现号》
All right. Well, just a warning, I might be on my phone for most of it.
好 提前预警 我可能大部分时间都在玩手机
That's fine.
没问题
Wait, you mean just the Star Trek...
等等 你是说看《星际迷航》时还是...
Actually, I don't care.
老实说 我根本不在乎
And, with apologies to Lady Gaga,
女神卡卡 非常抱歉
女神卡卡主演电影《一个明星的诞生》
that's how a star is born.
这才是一个明星的诞生
Told you he was gonna mention Lady Gaga.
我就跟你说他会提到女神卡卡
At least he didn't talk about how much he cried
至少他没提看那部电影时
during that movie.
痛哭了多少次
Although, if you haven't seen that movie, you should.
不过如果你没看过那部电影 强烈推荐呀
I cried so much.
我痛哭了好多次呢
Well, that's the lecture for today.
今天就讲到这里
Uh, let's open it up for questions.
下面请大家尽情提问吧
Oh, you! Sir, yes.
就是你了 先生
You have a question?
你有问题吗
Yeah. Actually, I have a two-part question.
有 事实上 我的问题分为两部分
Are you sure? I get the sense it's only one part.
你确定吗 我觉得你应该只有一个部分吧
No, no, it's two.
不 不 是两部分
Part one,
第一部分
the new star you were talking about--
你刚才提到的那颗新星
how long did it take that light to reach Earth?
它的光要多少年才能到达地球
And part two:
第二部分
is it true you plant your friends in the audience to ask questions?
你是不是安插了你朋友假扮观众来提问呢
46,000 years.
46000年
And no, I don't plant my friends,
还有 我没有安插朋友
because apparently, I don't have any.
因为现在看来 我根本没有朋友
Uh, any other questions?
还有问题吗
- Uh, yes. You, miss. - Hi.
-好的 这位女士 -你好
I read your paper on specular reflections. It was great.
我阅读了你关于镜面反射的论文 写得太好了
- Oh, thank you so much. - In your conclusion,
-非常感谢 -你的结论中提到
you said you couldn't rule out that light flashes
你无法排除闪光可能是
could be evidence of alien civilization.
外星文明的证据
So does that mean you think it's aliens?
所以你认为那是外星人吗
I was just illustrating that there are many unknowns,
我只是想说明世上有很多未解之谜
and as scientists, we can't preemptively rule out possibilities.
作为科学家 我们不能抢先排除各种可能性
So you think it's aliens.
所以你认为那是外星人
A-Actually, no, that's...
事实上 不 那是...
I have a question about the aliens you found.
关于你发现的外星人 我也有个问题
That's not what I said, Howard.
我没有那么说 霍华德
Hold on a second.
等等
Do you two know each other?
你们两个难道互相认识吗
Yeah.
对了
My sister was--
我的妹妹曾经...
a-and this is her term-- abducted.
用她的话来说 被外星人劫持了
Do you think those could be the same aliens...
你觉得这会是同一群外星人吗
Okay, any other questions?
好了 还有其他问题吗
Not about aliens?
和外星人无关的
What?
怎么了
Do you still want me to ask the one you gave me?
你还需要我问你给我的那个问题吗
'Cause it kind of feels like we're past that.
因为我觉得最佳时机已经过去了
Ooh, Leonard, I don't mean to alarm you,
莱纳德 我不想吓到你
but the Chinese food smells funny.
不过这中国菜闻起来怎么怪怪的
That's because it's barbecue.
因为这里面装的是烧烤
But it's Chinese food night.
可今晚是中餐之夜啊
Um, I picked it. You're the one who told me
我自己改了 是你让我
to stop being such a satisficer all the time.
不要再对别人百依百顺的
What? I did not.
什么 我才没有
I just pointed out that you were one.
我只是指出你是个百依百顺的人
It's what I like best about you.
那是我最欣赏你的一点
Well, that and those little notes you leave in my lunch.
对了 还有你在我午餐里留下的贴心小纸条
I leave those!
纸条是我留的
Well, that's disappointing.
这可真让人失望
I already know that you heart me.
我早就知道你"稀罕"我了
Now I don't know if Leonard does.
现在我不知道莱纳德是否"稀罕"我了
Well, this is what we're having for dinner.
反正今晚我们就吃这个
You can eat it or not. I don't care.
你爱吃不吃 我不在乎
I guess that answers the heart question.
我想"稀不稀罕"这个问题已经解决了
I-It's fine. We'll have barbecue.
没关系 我们就吃烧烤吧
Oh, of course. I'm nothing if not flexible.
当然啦 我这人就是能屈能伸
I'm sure that at some point
我敢肯定
in the 3,000-year history of the Chinese empire,
在华夏文明3000年历史中的某个时间点
a cavalryman crossing
一个骑兵穿越
the Gobi Desert was forced by hunger to eat his own horse
戈壁沙漠 饥寒交迫 不得不杀了自己的马
and roast it over a campfire,
用篝火烤熟吃掉
hence, Chinese barbecue. Let's eat.
中式烤肉从此诞生 开饭吧
Gee, I'm sorry, I didn't watch the news today.
真抱歉 我今天没看新闻
Has the whole world gone mad?
是不是全世界都发疯啦
It's my house.
这里是我家
I'm tired of being told where I can and can't sit.
我受够了别人告诉我必需坐在哪
You did this.
你干的好事
Amy, grab your meat. We're leaving in a huff.
艾米 拿上你的烤肉 我们要愤然离开
I'm sorry, if I don't go now, it's not a huff.
抱歉 如果我现在不走 就不叫愤然了
Don't take this the wrong way,
你别多想
but that was even more exciting than the sex.
但刚才那感觉比上床还令我兴奋
Don't take this the wrong way, but yes, it was.
你也别多想 但确实比上床还爽
Leonard, where are you going?
莱纳德 你这是要去哪
Well, to work.
去上班
Just trying out a different route.
试试走另一条路
Okay.
好吧
If we cross the county line, it's technically kidnapping.
如果我们越过县边界 这就成绑架了
Well, if you don't approve of my driving, too bad.
如果你不赞同我开车的方式 很可惜
This is the new me. Get used to it.
这是全新的我 赶快习惯吧
Fine. Then this is the new me,
行吧 那这就是全新的我
and he finds the new you tiresome.
而他觉得全新的你好烦人
How is that different than the old you?
这跟从前的你有什么不同
The new me gives knowing winks.
全新的我会做出会心的眨眼
Well, all these years,
这么多年来
I-I was afraid to say what I wanted.
我都不敢说出自己真正想要的
You know, even at work,
就算在工作上
you know, there's things I want to accomplish,
我也有想完成的目标
but I didn't want to ruffle any feathers or step on any toes.
但我不想惹毛或踩到他人的界线[脚趾]
Feathers and toes? Is the new thing you're trying
羽毛和脚趾 你想完成的新目标
to accomplish ballroom dancing with a chicken?
难道是在舞池和一只鸡共舞吗
Look at that-- the new me is hilarious.
瞧啊 全新的我真是爆笑哏王
Always wanted to be the principal investigator
我一直想当等离子体物理研究的
on a plasma physics study.
首席研究员
Hey, look at that-- the new you's funny, too.
瞧啊 全新的你也很搞笑
I'm serious. You know...
我是认真的
I'm gonna put together a proposal
我要写一份项目建议书
and tell President Siebert this is what I want to do.
告诉塞伯特校长这就是我想做的
If he doesn't let me,
如果他不批准
there's plenty of other universities that will.
还有大把大学愿意让我研究这个项目
Sure there are.
当然有啦
Of course you don't want me to do that,
你当然不希望我这么做了
because you like it when you're successful and I'm not.
因为你就喜欢你功成名就 而我无所作为
No, you're confusing causation and...
不 你搞混了因果关系和...
"Welcome to Alhambra." Where the heck are we?
"欢迎来到阿罕布拉" 这是什么鬼地方啊
Now I'm some sort of big joke.
现在我成了大家的笑柄
I'm even on some alien conspiracy blog.
连外星人阴谋论博客也报道我
See? "Caltech astrophysicist
看到没 "加州理工天文物理学家
finds proof of alien life"
找到外星生命存在的证据"
Wow, that is not a great picture of you.
你这张照片真不上镜
That's not the point.
这不是重点好吗
Dr. Koothrappali.
库萨帕里博士
- I'm surprised to see you in here. - Why is that?
-真意外 你居然在这里 -为什么
Because the truth...
因为真相...
is out there!
就在外面
美剧《X档案》经典片头语该剧常讨论外星生命和政府阴谋论
You see? That's what I'm talking about.
你看 我说的就是这个
People have been doing that to me all day.
今天一整天都有人对我玩这种哏
Relax. They're just having fun.
淡定啦 他们只是开开玩笑
Oh, come on!
不是吧
See? It's fun.
我就说了很好笑嘛
Wow. Deja vu.
这番景象似曾相识
Amy, you're a neuroscientist--
艾米 你是神经系统学家
you know the latest research into deja vu suggests
你知道关于"既视感"的最新研究表明
it's nothing but the frontal regions of the brain
那只不过是大脑的额叶
attempting to correct an inaccurate memory.
试图纠正错误的记忆罢了
You telling me stuff I already know
你告诉我我早已知道的事
is definitely deja vu.
这场景绝对似曾相识
How about telling me something I don't know,
不如说些我不知道的事吧
like why you're sitting on the stairs.
比如你为什么坐在楼梯上
How can I tell if I'm doing something for a noble reason
我如何分辨我做一件事是出于高尚的原因
or a selfish reason?
还是自私的原因
Try saying the thing in your head
试试在脑海里说出那件事
and see if you can add the words, "That'll show 'em."
看你能否在后面加上"点醒这些傻子"
Leonard's about to demand a job
莱纳德准备申请一个项目
that I don't think the university will give him.
我觉得学校不会批准
I'm worried he's making a giant mistake.
我担心他这是犯了一个大错误
But maybe I only think that
但或许我这么想
because deep down I don't want him to succeed.
只是因为我内心深处不希望他成功
The fact that you're worried about your motivation
你担心自己这么做的动机
supports the idea that you genuinely care for your friend.
恰恰证明你是真心关心你的朋友
I do.
我是关心他
Thank you, Amy.
谢谢你 艾米
You know what?
知道吗
After I've talked to Leonard,
等我跟莱纳德谈完后
you've earned yourself a bonus lecture on Sponge Hulk.
额外奖励你一场关于海绵浩克的讲座
That'll show me.
点醒我这傻子
So, I spent the whole day putting together this proposal,
我花了一整天写好这份建议书
and tomorrow I'm gonna tell President Siebert
明天我就告诉塞伯特校长
that this is what I want to do.
这是我想做的
Oh. Well, this...
这个...
looks great.
看起来好棒
- You didn't even open it. - ‭Well, no,
-你都没打开看 -不
it's got a nice, you know,
这份建议书
science-y heft to it. I...
有着沉甸甸的科学重量 我...
Really proud of you, sweetie.
真心为你骄傲 亲爱的
Leonard?
莱纳德
I have been agonizing
我一直在纠结
over whether or not to say something to you.
要不要跟你说这些话
Aw. Let me help. Don't.
我帮你决定 别说
I have to.
我必须说
I don't think that you should demand to be in charge
我觉得你不该要求负责
of a plasma project.
一个等离子体项目
Well, big surprise.
好意外哦
You can't stand the idea of me succeeding.
你无法忍受我可能会成功
No. I'll be honest.
不 我就实话实说了
New assertive Leonard is going to take some getting used to.
我得花点时间才能适应独断自信的全新莱纳德
But so did cargo pants Leonard, hmm?
但当初穿工装裤的莱纳德我后来也慢慢接受啦
Who, for the record, I miss.
说真的 我怀念那个莱纳德
He always had gum.
他身上总带着口香糖
Sheldon, if this is what he wants, he should ask for it.
谢尔顿 如果这是他想要的 他就该提出来
I mean, what's the worst that happens? They say no.
最糟糕又能怎样 不就是被拒绝吗
Well, I'm not gonna let them say no.
我不会让他们拒绝我
If they don't want me to quit, this is what it's gonna take.
如果他们不希望我辞职就得批准
Wait, you're gonna quit?
等等 你打算辞职
Yeah. It's like you said, I have to go after what I want,
对 你也说过 我必须争取我想要的
and if I can't get that at Caltech,
如果我在加州理工得不到
there are plenty of other universities in the world.
这世界上的大学多的是
In the world?
这世界上
I can't even get you to go to the beach,
我都没办法让你去海滩
and now you want to move to the world?
现在你想去全世界啦
Well, I don't want to,
我也不想
but if that's what I have to do...
但如果这是我必须做的...
Okay, don't you think threatening to quit your job is something
你不觉得以辞职要挟这种事
you should run by me first?
应该先问过我吗
You said I shouldn't worry about your feelings.
你说过我不应该担心你的感受
I meant feelings about things that I don't care about!
我指的是我对不在乎的事情的感受
Now, I'm not quite sure when to jump in here...
我不确定什么时候要掺和进来
- Not now. ‭- Okay.
-不是时候 -好
Fine, you want to talk about it? Let's talk about it.
你想谈 我们就谈
I-I'm not loving my job right now.
我不喜欢现在的工作
And this is something that would make me happy.
这是能带给我快乐的事情
Don't you want me to be happy?
你不希望我快乐吗
Oh, I've been dinged on this before.
我以前为这事栽过跟头
Whatever you really think, you have to say yes.
不管你怎么想 必须回答"希望"
- Of course I want you to be happy. - Well played.
-我当然希望你快乐 -做得好
Okay, I know this seems scary,
我知道这似乎很可怕
but I put together a strong proposal.
但我的建议书很有力度
It's good for me, it's good for the university.
对我对大学都有好处
They're gonna give it to me.
他们会同意的
No.
不行
I'm sorry, President Siebert,
抱歉 塞伯特校长
but I'm not taking no for an answer.
但我不接受否定答案
I speak a little Russian.
我懂点俄语
Will you take nyet for an answer?
俄语的"否"你接受吗
I'm serious.
我说真的
Oh. Well, that changes everything.
那一切自然不同了
- Really? - Nyet.
-真的吗 -"否"[俄语]
I know a lot of people have been having fun
我知道很多人玩得不亦乐乎
claiming that I said I found alien life.
声称我说我发现了外星人
I want to make it clear
我想说清楚
that is not what I said.
我不是这样说的
I did say that was one possible explanation.
我的确说过有这种可能
I don't think that's something to mock.
我不觉得这有什么可嘲笑的
Right? It would be arrogant for us to assume
对吧 如果假设宇宙中只有我们
that we are alone in the universe.
那也未免太自大了
And as scientists, we need to remain open
作为科学家 我们要保持开放心态
to the possibility that the truth may sound silly
尽管真相有可能听起来很傻
or far-fetched.
或是牵强附会
Uh, the round Earth. Germs that cause diseases.
地球是圆的 导致疾病的细菌
Subatomic particles.
亚原子粒子
All these at one time seemed fanciful.
这些都曾经被认为是想象
So who's to say what science fiction of today
谁又能说今日的科幻
will be the reality of tomorrow?
他日不会成为现实
Will there be colonies on Mars?
能移民去火星吗
Uh, matter transporters?
物质传送
Perhaps the Loch Ness Monster is real.
也许尼斯湖水怪是真实存在的
Who knows? I'm just saying that...
谁知道呢 我意思是
the only way science moves forward
科学进步的唯一方式
is to follow the evidence wherever it leads,
就是让证据带领我们
even if it makes us sound crazy sometimes.
哪怕有时候会让我们说的话显得疯狂
Hey, Bernie, look at this.
妮妮 看这个
"Caltech astrophysicist claims
"加州理工天体物理学家声称
Loch Ness Monster is real."
尼斯湖水怪是真实存在的"
- Hey. How did it go? - Great.
-怎么样 -非常好
What, so you got the job?
你得到那份工作了
I did not.
我没有
So you quit? Okay, Leonard, I can't move.
你辞职了吗 莱纳德 我不能搬家
I just bought a six-month membership to SoulCycle.
我刚买了半年的灵魂动感单车会员
Well, I-I didn't quit.
我没有辞职
I said I was going to.
我说我会辞职
I walked out the door and started crying.
我走出门就开始哭
You know, "Oh, my, God, oh, my God, oh, my God, what'd I do?"
我不断地叫"我的天 我该怎么办"
And then he called me back in.
然后他又把我叫回去
Then he changed his mind?
他改主意了
He did not.
没有
I'm really confused about
我真的不知道
how to react to this story.
对这个故事要作出什么反应
President Siebert didn't want to lose me.
塞伯特校长不希望我离开
Even though they couldn't make me
尽管他们不能让我
a lead investigator on a plasma team,
做等离子体团队的首席研究员
there was an opening for a co-lead
但光子纠缠团队
on a photon entanglement team.
有一个联合首席的空缺
How cool is that?
是不是很酷
You're gonna have to tell me.
你得告诉我
It's really cool.
真的很酷
Oh, I am so happy for you.
我真为你高兴
I almost got what I wanted, and it never would have happened
我差点就得到我想要的 如果没有你差点相信我
if you hadn't almost believed in me. ‭
这一切就不会发生
Let's celebrate. What do you want to do?
我们来庆祝 你想做什么
Oh, please don't make me decide another thing. ‭
拜托别再让我做决定
Hey, you want to go to SoulCycle with me?
你想和我一起去骑灵魂动感单车吗
Give me a minute, I'll think of something.
给我一分钟 我想其他活动
Now, I know what you're thinking:
我知道你在想什么
快乐的绿巨人是知名的冷冻蔬菜罐头品牌的卡通形象
isn't Broccoli Hulk basically just the Jolly Green Giant?
西兰花浩克是否就是快乐的绿巨人
That is what I was thinking.
我的确是这样想的
Let's never discuss it again.
我们别再讨论了
Really?
不是吧
- Are you hiding from Penny again? - No. No, no, no.
-你又在躲佩妮吗 -不是不是
I-I went to SoulCycle with her, and my legs hurt so bad, I...
我和她去骑灵魂动感单车 腿太痛了 我...
literally can't stand up.
真的站不起来了
Sheldon, why don't you keep him company.
谢尔顿 你陪他吧
All right.
Hello, Leonard.
你好 莱纳德
Have you ever wondered
你有没有想过
what the Hulk would be like if he were made of sherbet?
如果浩克是冰冻果子露做的会怎么样
I give up.
我放弃
Delicious.
会是美味的浩克