生活大爆炸 第三季 The Big Bang Theory Season 3 第14集: 爱因斯坦近似 The Einstein Approximation

上映日期: 2,009

语言: 英语

影片类型: 喜剧

导演: Mark Cendrowski

演员: 约翰尼·盖尔克奇 / 吉姆·帕森斯 / 凯莉·库柯 / 西蒙·赫尔伯格 / 昆瑙·内亚 / 梅丽莎·劳奇 / 凯文·苏斯曼 / 克里斯汀·芭伦斯基 / 朱迪·格雷尔 / 约书亚·马林纳 / 威尔·惠顿


台词
Whatcha doing?
你发什么疯呢
I'm attempting to view my work as a fleeting peripheral image
我在尝试以瞬时环形影像来审视我的成果
so as to engage the superior colliculus of my brain.
来激活我的上丘脑
Interesting.
真有趣
I usually just have coffee.
我一般喝点咖啡就行了
You've been up all night?
你彻夜未眠吗
Is it morning?
早上了吗
Yes.
是的
Then I've been up all night.
那我就是彻夜未眠了
And you're stuck?
你卡壳了
Why else would a person try to engage their superior colliculus?
要不然怎么会有人想要激活上丘脑
Oh, sorry, sweetie, I can't help you till I've had my coffee.
真抱歉 亲爱的 喝完咖啡前我可帮不了你
Penny, I told you if you don't put him in his crate at night
佩妮 我早就告诉过你 你要不把他关到他房间里
he just runs around the apartment.
他会在公寓里上蹿下跳一整夜
What is he doing now?
现在又是在干嘛
Hmm, he's either isolating the terms
他要不是在分解公式的项
of his formula and examining them individually,
一一检验的话
or...
就是在...
looking for the alligator that swallowed his hand
寻找在被彼得潘削掉之后
after Peter Pan cut it off.
让短吻鳄吞噬的手
Captain Hook's hand was eaten by a crocodile,
虎克船长的手是被鳄鱼吃掉的
not an alligator.
不是短吻鳄
If you're going to mock me, at least get your facts straight.
你要想损我 至少把事实给弄清楚先
Aye, aye, Captain.
遵命 船长
I can't see it!
我就不明白了
It just won't coalesce.
怎么就结合不起来呢
Maybe you need a fresh start.
也许你应该重新开始
You're right.
有道理
It's a great idea, Leonard. Thank you.
真是个好主意 莱纳德 谢谢
生活大爆炸第三季第十四集
Electrons move through graphene...
当电子穿越石墨烯时
act as if they have no mass...
所表现出的质量为零
How long has he been stuck?
他卡壳多久了
Intellectually about 30 hours.
智商上有三十小时了
Emotionally about 29 years.
情商嘛 二十九年了
Unit cell contains two carbon atoms...
单元晶格包涵了两个碳原子
Interior angle of a hexagon is 120 degrees.
六边形的内角为120°
Have you tried rebooting him?
你试过将他重新启动一下吗
No, I think it's a firmware problem.
才不呢 这是固件问题
Hey, it's Disco Night at the Moonlight Roller Rink
哟 今晚是格兰黛尔的月光溜冰场的
in Glendale tonight.
迪斯科之夜
Who's up for getting down?
谁要来一起荡一下
That's perfect.
太完美了
Bernadette's been hocking me to take her roller skating.
伯纳黛特一直怂恿我带她去溜冰呢
I think Penny likes to skate.
我也觉得佩妮喜欢滑冰
The four of us could double.
我们四个可以两两成对
What could be better? We're in.
再好不过了 我们去
Great. It's not like I brought it up because I wanted to go.
真棒 仿佛不是因为我想去才提出来的
You can come with us.
你也可以加入的啊
No, it's okay. I don't have to go.
不 没事儿的 我不必去的
I'm happy just to guide you and your ladies
我很荣幸能给你和你们的女人
to suitable entertainment choices.
提供合适的娱乐建议
I'm a walking brown Yelp.Com.
我就是个棕色人型口碑网
Structure, constant structure. One atom...
结构 恒定结构 一个原子
Boy, he's really gone, isn't he?
天 他真的是走火入魔了 是吗
Yeah, this morning he used a stick of butter as deodorant.
嗯啊 他今天早上居然把黄油当成了香体剂
I thought I smelled popcorn.
我就说怎么闻到了爆米花的味道呢
Pattern is the same as fermions travels on the pathways...
模式与费米子在轨道上的移动完全一样
Hexagonal... It's always hexagonal...
六边的 从来都是六边的
I haven't seen him this stuck since he tried to figure out
自从他尝试理清《黑客帝国》第三部之后
the third Matrix movie.
我就没见过他能卡成这个样子
Hey, those are my lima beans!
嘿 这可是我的青豆啊
Not lima beans, carbon atoms.
在哥手里不是青豆 是碳原子
But if I don't eat my lima beans,
但老子在吃掉青豆之前
I can't have my cookie.
是不能吃饼干的
Here, you want my peas?
给 你要豌豆吗
The peas-- perfect.
豌豆 太赞了
They can be electrons.
正好拿来做电子
Want my corn?
要我的玉米不
Don't be ridiculous.
你脑残啊
What would I do with corn?
我拿玉米能做什么
So roller skating-- should we all grab a bite to eat first?
那个滑旱冰 我们去之前是不是先吃饭
Good. P.F. Chang's?
好啊 华馆怎么样
My mom has coupons.
俺娘有优惠券
Great.
行啊
Your mom's not coming, right?
你娘不会来吧
Not this time, I promise.
我保证这次绝对不来了
Okay, just to be clear, roller skating was my idea,
我要把话说清楚了 滑旱冰是我的主意
and I'm very unhappy that you turned it into a double date,
而我对你们将其变成四人约会表示高度不满
and I hope you both fall on your asses
我预祝你们都摔屁墩
and break your coccyxes.
摔断尾椎骨
The plural of coccyx is coccyges.
尾椎骨的英文复数是"coccyges"
Screw you. Give me back my lima beans.
去你丫的 还哥青豆
Oh, my God. Have you ever been so embarrassed?
我的天呐 你有没试过如此丢人
Not recently.
至少最近没有
I don't know which was lamer:
我都说不出他们哪个更烂了
their roller-skating or their disco dancing.
到底是寒冰技巧还是他们的迪斯科舞姿
For me, the worst part
就我而言 最惨的是
was when people saw us leave with them.
人们看到了我们和他们一起离开的
You had some nice moves out there, Howard.
你小子有两手啊 霍华德
Thanks. You, too.
谢谢夸奖 你也不错
Did you notice all the people looking at us?
你注意到人们看我们的眼神了吗
Not really. I was in my boogie zone.
没怎么注意 我完全沉迷在了舞步中
When Howard tried to do the splits...
当霍华德想要劈叉的时候
Shh.
Sorry. I'm moving a little slow.
抱歉 我走得有点慢
I think I bruised my coccyx.
可能是挫伤了尾骨
Oh, poor baby.
可怜的小宝贝
Don't tell Koothrappali.
别告诉库萨帕里
After you.
你先请
Oh, what a gentleman.
真绅士
Hey, Sheldon.
嗨 谢尔顿
Oh, my God!
天啊
Are you...
你在
Good Lord!
我的神啊
You're ruining everything!
你们把一切都毁了
Oh, damn.
该死的
Are you okay?
你没事吧
Do I look okay?
我看起来像没事吗
Don't bark at me. I fell, too.
别冲我发火啊 我也摔了
Oh, you've been falling all night. You're used to it.
你都摔一晚上了 也该习惯了
Sheldon, what the hell are you doing?
谢尔顿 你到底在干嘛
The same thing I've been doing for three days.
做我这三天一直在做的工作
Trying to figure out why electrons
想要弄明白为什么
behave as if they have no mass
电子在穿过石墨烯时
when traveling through a graphene sheet.
会表现得像是没有质量一样
With marbles?
用大理石来推测
Well, I needed something bigger
我总得找点比豆子大的东西
than peas, now, didn't I?
不是吗
Sheldon, when was the last time you got any sleep?
谢尔顿 你上次睡觉是什么年代
I don't know-- two, three days.
不知道 大概2 3天
Not important.
这无关紧要
I don't need sleep. I need answers.
我不需要睡眠 我想要答案
I need to determine where
我要找出
in this swamp of unbalanced formulas
在这个充满不平衡方程的沼泽中
squatteth the toad of truth.
是什么阻碍了真理的蛤蟆
Toad of truth?
真理的蛤蟆
Is that a physics thing?
这是物理学上的名词吗
No, that's a crazy thing.
不 那是疯狂的产物
Okay, Sheldon.
好了 谢尔顿
What happens to our neuroreceptors
如果我们不能保证足够的快速眼动睡眠的话
when we don't get enough REM sleep?
会对神经受体造成怎样的影响呢
They lose their sensitivity to serotonin and norepinephrine.
会失去对5-羟色胺和正肾上腺素的敏感性
Which leads to...?
那就会引起
Impaired cognitive function.
认知功能受损
Right, so march in there, brush your teeth and go to bed.
没错 所以进屋去 刷刷牙 上床睡觉
But I don't want to go to bed.
但我不想睡觉
I'm going to count to three. One...
我数三下 一
Oh, all right.
哦 好吧
That was amazing how you handled him.
你的手段真是太高明了
I know how to deal with stubborn children.
我知道怎么对付不听话的小孩
My mother used to run an illegal day care center in our basement.
我妈以前在我家地下室办了个非法日托班
Leonard, you're... you're giggling in your sleep.
莱纳德 你睡觉时在鬼笑吗
It's not me.
不是我笑的
It's my new ringtone.
是我的新手机铃声
The Joker from Batman.
是《蝙蝠侠》里的小丑
Well, it creeps me out.
吓着我了
Me, too, but I paid three bucks for it.
也吓我一跳 但我花了3块钱定的
Just answer the phone.
接电话吧还是
Hello.
你好
Yeah, I'm Leonard Hofstadter.
我是莱纳德·霍夫斯塔德
Yeah, yeah, he's my roommate.
没错 他是我的室友
Oh, God, is he okay?
天啊 他没事吧
Yeah, all-all right. I'll be right there.
好的 我马上过去
What happened?
怎么了
Sheldon's escaped and is terrorizing the village.
谢尔顿逃走了 恐怖降临了村庄
Okay. Have fun.
好吧 去吧 玩的开心点
Hi. I'm Dr. Hofstadter.
我是霍夫斯塔德博士
- Where is he? - Ball pit.
-他在哪儿 -海洋球那里
Thanks for not calling the cops.
真感谢你没报警
Oh, hey, it's no big deal.
没事的
My sister's got a kid who's special.
我姐姐也有个智障小孩
ah, well, he's extra special.
呃 他是极品智障
Hey, Shelly.
嘿 谢利
What you doing?
你干嘛呢
Size ratio was all wrong.
体积比错得一塌糊涂
Couldn't visualize it.
我不能把它们具象化
Needed bigger carbon atoms.
我要找更大的碳原子
Sure, sure.
好好好
How did you get into this place?
你怎么进来的
Back door has a five-pin tumbler system,
后门装了个五针脚制动系统
single-circuit alarm. Child's play.
和单回路报警器 小孩子的玩意了
You can start sorting protons and neutrons
我在建立碳原子模型的时候
while I build carbon atoms.
你正好可以把质子和中子分类整理出来
No, I don't think so.
我可不这么想
We need to go home now.
我们现在该回家了
But I'm still working.
但我还在工作
If you don't come out of there,
要是你不出来
I'm going to have to drag you out.
我就去把你抓出来
You can try, but you'll never catch me.
试试看啊 你永远别想抓到我
For God's sakes.
我的老天爷啊
Sheldon, come here!
谢尔顿 过来
Bazinga.
抓不到俺
Bazinga.
我闪
Bazinga.
我再闪
Bazinga.
抓不到噢
Bazinga.
你个废废
Leonard and Penny.
莱纳德 佩妮
Leonard and Penny.
莱纳德 佩妮
What? What, what, what?
搞虾米鬼
Leonard and Penny.
莱纳德 佩妮
What?
干嘛
I have good news.
我有好消息
And you had to barge in here and wake us up
那也不用深更半夜冲进来
in the middle of the night?
吓我们吧
Your cell phone was off.
你关了手机
Because we didn't want to be disturbed.
因为我们不想被吵到
Well, that didn't work out, did it?
反正也没什么用 不是吗
Sheldon, what do you want?
谢尔顿 你到底想干嘛
I came to tell you I've got the answer.
我特来宣告 本天才找到了答案
Really?
真的吗
You figured out the graphene problem?
你解开石墨烯的难题了吗
No, no, I'm still hopelessly stuck on that,
不 那个还绝望地卡壳中
but I figured out how to figure it out.
但我找到了解决的方法
Okay, you know what, Leonard, I know I said
你猜怎着 莱纳德 我曾经说过
I could handle your roommate, but I was wrong.
我能忍受你的室友 但我错得太离谱了
We're going to have to break up.
我看我们还是吹了吧
What are you talking about?
你在说什么鬼
Einstein.
爱因斯坦
Yeah, I'm going to need a little more.
嗯 至少得再多说点吧
Albert Einstein.
艾伯特·爱因斯坦
Keep going.
继续继续
When Albert Einstein came up with special relativity,
艾伯特·爱因斯坦在专利局工作时
he was working at the patent office.
他提出了狭义相对论
So, you're going to go work at the patent office?
那你也要去专利局工作咯
Don't be absurd.
你傻的啊
That's in Washington.
那可在华盛顿
You know I could never live in a city whose streets
满大街车声嘈杂的城市我可待不了
are laid out in a wheel-and-spoke pattern.
你又不是不知道
No. I'm going to find
其实 我是想要找一份
a similarly menial job
半斤八两的低贱工作
where my basal ganglia are occupied with a routine task,
只需要动用我的基底神经节就行
freeing my prefrontal cortex
那我的前额叶就能[高级神经活动部位]
to work quietly in the background on my problem.
专注于解决关键问题
Sounds like a great plan.
真是雄心壮志
Of course it is.
这不废话么
Even talking to you is
就算和你讲话
sufficiently menial that I can feel
也够低贱的咧
the proverbial juices starting to flow.
让我不禁感觉思如泉涌啊
Okay, well, thanks for sharing with us.
得 多谢分享
- Good night. - You're welcome.
-晚安 -不客气
And good night to you, too.
你们也安安
Oh, by the way, I was watching you sleep for a moment,
顺便 我刚观察了下你的睡相
and I noticed that your snoring
我注意到当你仰面睡觉时
seems to be worse when you're on your back.
呼噜打得更响
Leonard doesn't snore.
莱纳德可从不打呼
No, I wasn't talking to Leonard.
我又没在说他
Told you.
我早说了吧
So, Mr. Cooper, you're looking for a job.
库珀先生 你是要找份工作吗
A menial job.
一份低贱的工作
Like yours.
好比你这样的
Well, thank you for noticing.
多谢提醒
I'm "Menial Employee of the Month."
我可是"月度低贱员工之星"呢
Do you have a particular field in mind?
你有啥意向不
I do.
当然
For thousands of years,
几千年来
the lowest classes of the human race
最底层的人类
have spent their lives laboring to erect monuments
在优势一族的鞭挞和压迫中
under the lash of their betters,
致力于树立起一块丰碑
until finally, they dropped down
直到最后 他们惨烈倒下
and became one with the dust through which they trudged.
化作艰难跋涉之路上的一粒尘埃
Do you have anything like that?
有这一类的工作吗
No.
Shouldn't you check your database?
你都不搜一下确认吗
No.
就是没
You didn't really type?
你都没打字
I didn't really have to.
不用打也知道
So, how about construction?
建筑类的如何
Oh, that would be good!
太棒了
Sawing, hammering, eating out of a lunch pail
拉拉锯子 敲敲榔头
as my working-class fellows and I
和工人阶级同志们一起
sit perched precariously on a girder high above the metropolis.
坐在城市高空的钢筋横梁上 一边趴盒饭一边摇摇欲坠
No, no. This is putting up sheetrock
不 是给罗斯密市的一间住宅
at a housing project in Rosemead.
安装石膏板
I could do that.
行啊
- Good. - One question.
-很好 -就一个问题
- Yes? - What's sheetrock?
-说 -什么是石膏板
Moving on.
How about doing deliveries for a florist?
花店快递怎么样
That seems acceptable.
听起来还不错
- Do you have your own car? - I don't drive.
-你有车吗 -我不开车
Of course you don't.
我想也是
Mr. Cooper, let me just ask you a question.
库珀先生 我就问你一个问题
What was your last job?
你上份工作是啥
Senior theoretical particle physicist at CalTech,
加州理工学院的高级理论粒子物理学家
focusing on M theory, or, in layman's terms, string theory.
主要致力于M理论研究 外行人说法是弦理论
I see.
懂了
Just give me a second.
等我一下
Security!
保安 (这有疯子)
Okay, I'll get those drinks started for you.
好的 我先把饮料送上来
Behind you.
小心身后
Sheldon, what the hell are you doing?
谢尔顿 你这是在干嘛
I'm trying to get these tables cleared. We're slammed.
我正要去清理桌子 差点撞上你
No, wait, wait, no, wait.
等等 等等
Wh-What are you doing here?
你在这干嘛呢
A reasonable question.
这问题还算合理
I asked myself,
我问我自己
what is the most mind-numbing, pedeststrian job conceivable,
我能想到最讨厌最沉闷的工作是什么
and three answers came to mind:
有三个答案浮现在脑中
uh, toll booth attendant, Apple Store genius...
收费站工作人员 在苹果专卖店工作的天才
...and what Penny does.
还有佩妮的工作
Now...
现在
since I don't like touching other people's coins,
既然我不喜欢碰别人手里的硬币
and I refuse to contribute to the devaluation of the word "Genius,"
也不想帮着抹黑"天才"这个词
here I am.
所以我来了
You just, you just walked in and they hired you, just like that?
你就这么走进来 就被录用了 就这么简单
Oh, heavens, no.
当然不是
Since I don't need to be paid, I didn't need to be hired.
既然我不领薪水 也就不需被录用
I simply came in, picked up a tray, and started "Working for the man."
我就直接走进来 拿起个托盘 然后开始"为人民服务"
Let me get that plate out of your way.
请允许我把这个盘子收走
- Sheldon,this is ridiculous. - Is it?
-谢尔顿 这太荒谬了 -是吗
Just a moment ago, I had a minor epiphany
就在刚刚 在刮掉盘子里凝结的玉米脆饼时
regarding the polymer degradation phenomenon
我突然间就顿悟了
while scraping congealed nachos off a plate.
聚合物降解现象
Bernadette, table 10 wants their check.
伯纳黛特 10号桌买单
Thanks, Sheldon.
谢谢 谢尔顿
Sheldon,wait, this isn't even what I do.
谢尔顿 等等 再说这也不是我的工作
I'm a waitress, not a busboy.
我是服务生 不是勤杂工
You're right. That is more menial.
你说得对 你的工作更低贱
Hello, I'm Sheldon. I'll be your server today.
两位好 我是谢尔顿 负责这桌的服务生
I don't recommend the salmon.
不推荐点三文鱼
I saw it in the kitchen.
我看到它们在厨房的样子
All right, one bacon cheeseburger,
好了 一份培根芝士汉堡
breaking two Jewish dietary restrictions simultaneously--
同时违背两条犹太饮食禁忌
kudos.
光荣啊
Beer-battered fish and chips.
炸鱼加薯条
Now, here's your tartar sauce.
这里你的鞑靼酱
I also brought you salsa.
我还帮你拿了莎莎酱
It's a little unconventional, but I think you'll like it.
虽然有点不合常规 不过我想你会喜欢的
It's zingy.
味道很赞
And for you, Factory Burrito Grande--
还有你的 招牌大玉米煎饼
no cheese, no sour cream,
不含芝士和酸奶油
no ugly consequences from your lactose intolerance.
不会因你的乳糖不耐症产生不良后果
Bon appetit.
祝各位好胃口
Hang on.
等等
- Black beans, not pinto beans? - Yes.
-这是黑豆 不是斑豆吧 -对
- Double guacamole? - Of course.
-加双份鳄梨酱 -当然
- No cilantro? - Nope.
-没加香菜 -没
- Lettuce shredded, not chopped? - Yep.
-生菜是切碎的 而不是剁碎的 -对
You understand why I'm doing this to you?
知道我为什么这么问你吗
- I do. - That'll be all.
-知道 -那就这样吧
That was fun.
这太好玩了
How long can he keep this up?
他还能在这坚持多久
I heard about this professor at MIT
听说麻省理工有位教授
who melted down, bought a van,
变卖了财产 买了辆货车
and spent the rest of his life as a mobile dog groomer.
余生就做了名流动的狗狗美容师
He never went back to the university?
就此再也没回过大学了吗
Only to shampoo Professor Shamburg's shitzu
除了在给项伯格教授的西施犬洗澡的时候
Sheesh.
I bet if we all chipped in, we could buy Sheldon a van.
我敢说要是我们一起集资 也能给谢尔顿买辆小货车
But he's afraid of dogs.
但他怕狗
Yeah, that's the only thing wrong with that plan.
是啊 这计划唯一的缺陷就是这个
Hey, guys, sorry you had to wait, but we are swamped.
各位 抱歉久等了 今天太忙了
What's this?
这是什么
Sheldon took our order.
谢尔顿帮我们点的单
Sheldon doesn't work here.
谢尔顿又不在这工作
Well, honey, not to complain,
亲爱的 我可不是抱怨哈
but we were starting to think you didn't either.
但我们开始觉得你也不在这工作了
Is that really necessary?
你们有必要这样对我吗
Good Lord.
天哪
The interference pattern in the fracture.
整个一断面的干涉图样
The motion of the wave through the molecular structure.
通过分子结构的波状运动
I've been looking at it all wrong.
我之前一直想错了
I can't consider the electrons as particles.
不该把电子看成是粒子
They move through the graphene as a wave.
他们是波状地通过石墨烯的
It's a wave!
它是波
The moment to applaud would be now.
赶紧滴都给我喝彩啊
Troglodytes.
山顶洞人
Sheldon... where are you going?
谢尔顿 你要去哪
Aren't you going to clean this up?
不把这清理干净吗
I'm sorry. I don't work here.
抱歉 我又不在这工作
- Happy now? - I'm on a cloud.
-这下你开心了 -我都飘飘然了
Swing me.
一起摇摆吧
Sheldon, come here.
谢尔顿 快过来
Bazinga.
我闪
Bazinga.
我再闪
Bazinga.
我瞬移
Bazinga.
抓不到
Bazinga!
就是抓不到