真探 第三季 True Detective Season 3 第7集: 最终之境 The Final Country

上映日期: 0

语言: 英语

影片类型: 剧情 / 悬疑 / 犯罪

导演: 丹尼尔·沙克海姆 / 尼克·皮佐拉托 / 杰瑞米·索尔尼尔

演员: 马赫沙拉·阿里 / 卡门·艾乔戈 / 斯蒂芬·多尔夫 / 斯科特·麦克纳里 / 麦米·古默 / 莎拉·加顿 / 艾米丽·尼尔森 / 黛博拉·艾里德


台词
I know what he did.
我知道他做了什么
- Who? - The man on TV acting like my father!
-谁 -电视上装作是我爸爸的那个男人
真探前情提要
Something you wanna tell us, Mr. Purcell?
你有什么要告诉我们的吗 珀塞尔先生
Did you give her to somebody, Tom?
你有把她送给别人吗 汤姆
- What? - Was she trying to get away from you?
-什么 -她是不是试图从你身边逃离
After everything you know,
你们知道那么多事
you think I could do something like that?
怎么会觉得我会做出那种事
You ain't the only ones looking for Julie.
不是只有你们在找朱莉
There are people trying to make sure
有人在设法确保
that none of your questions can ever be answered.
你们的问题找不到答案
Harris James. He was one of the officers
哈里斯·詹姆斯 他是处理
who processed the Woodard scene.
伍达德案现场的警官之一
He disappeared during the 1990 investigation.
在1990年的调查中 他失踪了
Chief security officer.
首席安全官
- You took the job May '81? - That's right.
-你是81年五月开始工作的 -是的
We're backtracking the Purcell case.
我们在回溯珀塞尔案件
Got it down you were the one who spotted the bag.
查到你是发现背包的人
What about your book?
你的书呢
You got some idea where she's at.
你知道她在哪里吗
You just makin' your money and milkin' they pain.
你就是榨取他们的痛苦赚你的钱
- Where's my daughter? - I don't know!
-我女儿在哪 -我不知道
That's all I was gonna give the cops. A name.
这就是我要告诉警察的 一个名字
霍伊特
Julie?
朱莉
真探第三季第七集
Here we are.
到了
First day of school all over again.
又是开学第一天
I don't want you to go.
我不想你去
I don't wanna go.
我也不想去
But I'm doin' it anyway.
但是我必须这么做
What I'm gonna do without you?
没有你我该怎么办
You're a tough guy. You'll be fine.
你很坚强 你能撑住
You don't know that.
胡说
Dad, come on. Let's get me moved in.
爸爸 别这样 我该进去了
You'll feel better once you're liftin' something heavy.
等你找点事做就好多了
Boy, you got my number.
你有我的电话号码
Since I was two.
2岁开始我就知道了
我很抱歉请原谅我我去见我的妻儿了
Why didn't you call?
你怎么没给我打电话
I left you messages.
我给你留言了
Wayne, there was a man at my reading, and he--
韦恩 我的读书会上有个人 他
- Where are the kids? - In their rooms.
-孩子们呢 -在房间里
Henry's on Nintendo.
亨利在玩游戏
But there was this man at my reading.
我的读书会上有个人
He was a black man with one eye.
只有一只眼睛的黑人
You saw a man with one eye?
你见到了一个只有一只眼睛的人
He was aggressive and-- and rude, and...
他很有攻击性 很粗鲁
and he was asking if I knew where Julie was now.
他问我知不知道朱莉在哪
Wayne, I think he was the guy from back in '80.
韦恩 我觉得他是80年那个人
The one y'all were looking for. The one who bought the dolls.
你们找的那个人 买了那些娃娃的那个人
You didn't get a name? Any other way to find him?
你问他名字了吗 有没有办法能找到他
No...
没有
but he's out there, and he's looking for her.
但他确实存在 也在找她
I think he's the reason that she ran away.
我认为她是因为他才跑掉的
Tom Purcell killed himself.
汤姆·珀塞尔自杀了
What?
什么
How?
怎么会
Blew his brains out.
打爆了自己的头
After Roland and I went at him.
在罗兰和我找过他之后
Why'd you do that?
你们为什么要那么做
Did you ever think it was possible
你有没有想过
Tom didn't commit suicide?
汤姆可能不是自杀的
That was the M.E.'s call.
那得看法医怎么说
Man had plenty of reasons for doing somethin' like that.
那家伙有足够的理由这么做
The ME's report noted a swollen contusion
法医报告说在他的头骨底部
at the base of his skull,
有一处肿伤
as if he'd been struck there.
就好像有人曾打过他那里
His skull was blown apart.
他的头骨被打碎了
The whole thing was one big contusion.
整个脑袋就是个大肿块
We had an independent M.E. evaluate the report.
我们请了位独立法医评估了这份报告
She said the gunshot wouldn't account
她说枪伤不会造成
for a particular bruise and blood clot.
这种特定的淤青和血块
You're suggestin' that somebody brought him up there,
你是想说有人在他丧失知觉后 把他带到了
unconscious... then did him in that way?
那里 然后把他的死因伪装成那样
In any case, it effectively ended the second investigation.
无论哪种情况 那都成功终止了第二次调查
It's like 1980, isn't it?
和1980年很相似 对吧
A sudden act of violence,
突然间的暴力行为
a dead man,
一个人死了
and the case is closed.
然后调查就结束了
Guess I never thought of it that way.
恐怕我从来没从那个角度考虑过
It's like 1980 again.
就像是1980年重演
They gonna hang it on a dead suspect.
他们会把罪名推到一个死了的嫌犯身上
Suspect?
嫌犯
That was us, man.
是我们 伙计
We did that.
都是我们干的
Drove him to it.
逼他到那境地
We didn't make that phone call.
那电话不是我们打的
We did our job.
我们只是在做本职工作
If we hadn't, someone else would've.
如果没有我们 也会有其他人做
And you said it.
你也说过
They woulda eaten him alive.
他们会生吞活剥了他
We need to keep goin'.
我们得继续调查
The missin' prints, the man with one eye.
丢失的指纹 那个独眼的男人
- What Dan was sayin'. - Take a fuckin' minute.
-就好像丹说的 -你他妈等等
A good man's dead 'cause we pushed him.
一个好人死了 就因为我们逼他逼得太紧
Knowin' we didn't like him for it,
即便我们并不认为是他干的
seein' how he was takin' it.
看到了他是如何承受那一切的
You sure that's what happened?
你确定那就是事情的经过
You figure Tom for a typist,
你觉得汤姆会打字
write a little three-line note like that?
自己打出了那个三行的遗书吗
You ain't worked a case in 10 years.
你十年没办过案了
Fuck's sake, Purple.
你他妈醒醒吧 老普
What do you think this is about?
你觉得这一切是怎么回事
Why do you think I pulled you in here?
你觉得我为什么拉你入伙
To find a girl and solve what happened.
找到那女孩 揭开事实真相
You don't think there's better detectives around?
你觉得没有其他更好的警探了吗
We find the girl, great.
如果我们能找到那女孩 好极了
We clear it, great.
我们查清案子 棒极了
But how often's that happen,
但这种事有多大几率会发生
10-year-old case?
一个十年前的旧案
This was me helpin' you get your career back.
我这是在帮你拯救你的事业
Ya understand? It was a favor I did.
你明白吗 我这是在帮你忙
'Cause I'm such a hard-luck case.
因为我就是这么个倒霉蛋
Keep talkin'.
继续说吧
Keep talkin'.
继续说
Gonna put you back on Public Information...
再把你调回公共信息部门
or highway cleanup for the next 10 years.
或是接下来十年都当高速巡警
How'd that be?
那感觉怎样
Roland... we need to keep goin'.
罗兰 我们得继续查下去
If it wasn't Tom, don't let 'em--
如果不是汤姆 不要让他们
What do we got?
我们有什么线索
You wanna go back lookin' for any one-eyed black man in Arkansas?
你想回去调查阿肯色州的某个独眼黑人
For what? 'Cause your wife saw one?
因为什么 就因为你老婆看见了一个
It's somethin'.
这就是线索
- And we got other evidence-- - Stop.
-我们还有别的证据 -够了
Let go. This is our job.
放手吧 我们的工作就是这样
It ain't here to make you right.
不是让你证明自己的
It's not the place you work out your shit.
不是给你办私事的
You been drinkin' this mornin'?
你早上喝酒了吗
Fuck you, Wayne.
去你的 韦恩
Tom. What's doin'?
汤姆 干什么去
I'm gettin' the fuck outta this place.
我要离开这鬼地方
Lucy's gone, and Julie's...
露西走了 朱莉她...
Yeah, Julie's--
朱莉她...
Ya know, I thought if--
我还想着
if there was a chance, but...
兴许她还有一线生机 但是
y'all say she's dead.
你们都说她死了
So I'm gettin' lost.
所以我也消失好了
What do you aim to do?
你准备去干什么
Whatever it takes to stop feelin'.
让自己不再有感觉
I mean, there's no point.
一切都毫无意义了
Ain't nobody left to feel anything for.
人去楼空 再无可牵挂之人
I don't think those children'd want you hurtin' yourself, Tom.
你的孩子们可不想你伤害自己 汤姆
No. No, they don't want anything at all now.
不 他们现在已经没法有想法了
How could I get hurt worse?
我又怎么会伤得更深呢
Ain't nothing could happen to me that wouldn't be a relief.
不论发生什么都将是解脱
Where ya goin'?
你要去哪
Nowhere.
哪也不去
I'm gonna need you to move your car.
你得挪下车
I don't feel quite right about that.
我看不行
Well, I ain't your orphan, Detective.
我可不是你收养的孤儿 警探
Let me go out.
让我走
I'm gonna give you my personal number here too.
我把我的私人号码也给你
You get into trouble out there...
你要是遇到什么麻烦
you get jammed up...
碰到什么糟心事
you use it.
打给我
You don't need my help.
你是不需要我的帮助
But the day may come...
但意外在所难免
and if it does, you got it.
如果真的发生了 就可以找我
I make these for Decoration Day.
这是给阵亡将士纪念日准备的
This one's for Tom.
这个是给汤姆准备的
I don't understand why he would do that now.
我还是不明白他为什么要那么做
He got through so much.
他经历了那么多
So, what'd you want to talk to me about?
所以你想跟我说些什么
Really?
说真的
Well, you being her best friend...
作为她最好的朋友
did you ever know Lucy to have an acquaintance,
你知道露西有没有哪个熟人
a black man with one eye?
是一个独眼黑人
No.
不知道
I mean...
我是说
there were other men,
确实有别的男人
but I never knew her to...
但我没见过她
well, you know, not-- a black man.
你知道 跟黑人
What are you drivin' at?
你想知道什么
It seems-- it looks like--
似乎...
this man with one eye gave Julie a doll
这个独眼男人在1980年的万圣节
at Halloween in 1980.
给了朱莉一个娃娃
And there's some thought
有人在想
that he might've been the one to take her.
是不是他带走了朱莉
I-I don't know anythin' about that.
我不知道这回事
You say Halloween?
你说万圣节是吗
Hold on.
等下
All right.
在这
See now, these were developed
这是我在事发之后
after what happened.
冲洗出来的照片
Look, I took their picture when they came by.
看 这是他们来讨糖果的时候我拍的
Do you know who these people are?
你认识这些人吗
The two ghosts?
这两个幽灵
No, I don't think so, nuh-uh.
我不认识
The farmer back then...
那个农民说
he said he saw a mixed-race couple a few times
他在家附近看到过几次一对肤色不同的情侣
near his house, on the other side of Devil's Den.
就在魔鬼穴的对面
Could I borrow this picture?
我能借一下这张照片吗
No, I-- I'd rather that you didn't. That's mine.
不行 我不想给你 这是我的
Just to make a copy. I could bring it right back to you.
我就复印一份 弄完就还给你
I would rather that-- that you didn't.
我不太想给你
If I let you borrow this picture,
我要是借给你了
you'll come back?
你会还给我吗
Tomorrow?
明天就还
Yes, I will. Tomorrow.
好 明天就还
Do you ever think about moving to town?
你有考虑过搬到镇上去住吗
Why would I?
有什么必要呢
Somebody's got to stay.
总有人要留在这里
Somebody's got to remember.
总有人要记得发生过的事
There was talk initially
有消息称
that your wife was writing a sequel to her first book.
你的妻子起初想续写自己的处女作
She eventually decided not to do that.
她最后还是放弃了这个想法
She had other stories to write.
她还有别的故事要写
Were you sharing information with her
在第二次调查期间
during the second investigation?
你有给她透露任何信息吗
Just the way a husband and wife talk...
只是夫妻间的正常交流
tell each other what's...
说说彼此的...
- Hey, Henry. - How you doin', Mr. West.
-亨利 -您好 韦斯特先生
...what's goin' on in their lives.
生活和工作
Did any of her research suggest a larger conspiracy?
她的调查有指向更大的阴谋吗
Like a cover-up?
比如说掩盖真相
I don't think so.
我觉得没有
Do you have evidence of somethin' like that?
你有证据指向这个说法吗
- What do you got? - Car's in the lot.
-有什么发现 -车在停车场里
A '78 Mercury Capri.
78年的水星卡普里
Missouri, Echo-Echo-Oscar 6-7-9.
密苏里州牌照 EEO679
You talk to the clerk?
你跟旅馆前台聊过了吗
Paid up through the week.
付了一周的房费
Anybody come around askin' about this guy?
有人来打听过他吗
Just you two.
就你们两个
Stay here.
你待在这
Dan?
You hear anything? See somethin'?
你有发现任何异常情况吗
No. Nothin'.
没有
You work last night?
你昨晚有上班吗
Who else mans the desk?
还有谁在前台
I worked the last two nights. Wife covers.
前两晚我都在上班 我妻子也会帮我
Can talk to her if you want.
你们可以去问她
I think she would've mentioned it.
我觉得她会提到的
Shows up... says Lucy was murdered.
他出现 说露西是被谋杀的
Seemed to clear Tom.
洗清了汤姆的嫌疑
Actin' real paranoid.
疑神疑鬼的样子
"There's people out there don't want you to know what I know."
"有人不想让你们知道我知道的情况"
So he's right to be paranoid.
他有理由疑神疑鬼
Unless he just took off.
问题是他跑了
I can't see him leavin' the car, stagin' that scene.
我看不懂他为什么要扔下车 如此布置现场
We fuckin' lost him. We're burned.
我们跟丢他了 我们完了
After being confronted with new evidence alleging his guilt,
在发现新证据表明汤姆·珀塞尔对
and his children's disappearance and death,
他孩子的失踪和死亡有嫌疑后
Tom Purcell committed suicide
他自杀了
at the scene of the original crime.
地点就在原案发现场
He left a note which could be interpreted as a confession.
他留下遗书 可视为他的供状
We are at this time willing
与此同时
to overturn the absentia conviction of Brett Woodard.
我们决定推翻布雷特·伍达德的缺席审判
I saw that live.
我当时就在现场
You weren't satisfied with the AG's conclusions, were you?
你并不满意检察长的结论 对吧
No.
不满意
But I've never been satisfied with any part of the case.
我对这案子就没有满意的地方
Good morning.
You trying to impress me?
太阳打西边出来了
I'm only doin' my half.
我只是干我该干的活
I ain't bein' funny.
没开玩笑
You gotta do your own.
你得做你的那份
Yeah, no complaints.
行 不抱怨
I'm just happy you're not looking for a mother.
我只是很欣慰你找的不是个煮饭婆
Workin' on somethin'?
在干什么呢
Eh, just playing around.
瞎查查
'Bout the case?
查那桩案子
What kind of thing you writin'?
你在写什么
An article... maybe.
一篇文章吧
I'm not sure.
还不确定
For the paper?
发在报纸上
Maybe a magazine.
也许是杂志
I don't know.
说不准
You ever read "In Cold Blood"?
你读过《冷血杀手》吗
Is that Batman or the Silver Surfer?
是蝙蝠侠还是银影侠
I have my seniors read it.
我让我上级读了
I'm thinking about writing about the crime,
我在想写这个案子
but more about the community.
但主要是写这个地方
Writing's a pain.
写作很痛苦
You scratched out half of what you wrote.
会让你脱层皮
Why you bother?
你为什么想写
I feel I have a voice.
我觉得我有话要说
You think I went to college for four years
你觉得我读四年大学
to be like my mother?
就为了变成我母亲
You should write about it.
你应该写一写
Really?
是吗
Well, you're a hunk of surprises.
你真是让人惊喜
It's not like the 6:00 news is gonna do it.
反正新闻早六点是指望不上了
Somebody oughta point out
总该有人指出
what they're sayin' doesn't fuckin' hold.
他们的说法根本站不住脚
You think it's a conflict of interest?
你觉得有利益冲突吗
Us doing this, and me writing about that?
基于我俩的关系 我写这东西
People oughta know they closed it 'cause they wanted it closed--
人们该知道这案子完结是因为他们希望如此
it's not solved.
而不是真相水落石出了
Wouldn't that hurt you? Your job?
不会对你有影响吗 对你的工作
I don't want you getting in trouble.
我不想你惹上麻烦
Fuck 'em. They don't wanna do it right,
去他们的 他们根本不想把事情做好
it's not a job worth havin'.
这份工作根本就是狗屁
Could tell you all kinda shit.
只会上瞒下骗
Thought you were just gonna do your half.
我以为你只是在干你该干的活
Me and my goddamn work ethic.
该死的职业道德
Did you know that even after Tom died,
你知道即使在汤姆死后
there was a man going around looking for Julie,
仍有一个人在四处寻找朱莉
asking about her?
打听朱莉吗
A black man?
一个黑人
- No. - This man was missing an eye.
-不知道 -这个人少了一只眼睛
One witness said he identified himself as "Watts."
一位证人说他称自己为瓦茨
Watts.
瓦茨
Our thought was this man was a procurer.
我们认为这个人是一个皮条客
Possibly the person Julie ran away from.
也许就是朱莉在逃避的那个人
Procurer?
皮条客
For what?
为什么
They came to me, you know.
他们来找过我
I said fuck off.
我让他们滚
I told your daddy he shouldn't be doin' this.
我告诉你爸别理他们
Could be dangerous.
可能会有危险
Dangerous how?
怎么危险
Look, I ain't tryin' to rat on the man or nothin'.
听着 我不是想打他的小报告
You know what he does at night?
但是你知道他晚上都做些什么吗
I know last week he ended up
我知道他上周凌晨三点
on Shoepick Lane, 3:00 in the mornin'--
出现在了舒匹克路
couldn't say what he was doin' there.
说不清自己在那干什么
He sits in your mama's old office
他坐在你妈妈的旧办公室里
goin' through her book, her old files.
研究她的书 她的旧文件
Yeah, I got that impression.
这个我知道
Well, he's doin' it with a loaded gun on his desk.
他做这些时桌上放着一把上膛的枪
Keeps it near at hand.
就放在手边
Dolls are used as signifiers
娃娃被用作
in the human trafficking underground.
地下人口贩卖的标记物
学习 分享 改变
Like this blue spiral-- it's code for pedophiles.
就像这个蓝色螺旋 这是恋童癖的意思
In 2012,
2012年
two former Louisiana state police stopped a serial killer
两名前路易斯安那州警阻止了一名连环杀手
前州警阻止连环杀手真探第一季剧情
associated with some kind of pedophile ring.
此人与某个恋童癖组织有关
Despite evidence of accomplices, the case never went wider.
尽管有共犯的证据 但案件从未扩大
Think I read about that.
我想我看过那个新闻
So what are you sayin'?
所以你是什么意思
I think at this point... I deserve an explanation, Miss.
我想现在 我需要一个解释 小姐
What do you say happened?
到底发生了什么
Never a moment of doubt in that man, right?
我从来没怀疑过他
Watchin' him like this, I...
看着他这样 我
I can't-- I don't know what I'm supposed to do.
我不知道我该怎么做
He needs somebody stayin' with him,
他需要有人陪着他
watchin' out for him.
看着他
I think what happened to the Purcell children
我认为发生在珀塞尔家孩子身上的事
was connected to a similar group.
与一个与之相似的组织有关
I think one or both of their parents sold them off--
我认为他们父母中的一个或两个把他们卖掉了
probably with the cousin's help.
也许还有那位堂弟的帮忙
That's why they're all gone.
这就是他们全都消失了的原因
Vanished, killed, kept silent.
人间蒸发 被杀害 沉默不语
These groups, they take runaways.
这些组织 他们抓离家出走的人
Kids in orphanages. Outright kidnapping.
孤儿院的孩子 赤裸裸的绑架
And wider investigations are consistently curtailed.
而大范围调查总是被压缩
In both the Louisiana and Nebraska cases,
路易斯安那州和内布拉斯加州的案子
high-level politicians and businessmen were implicated.
都有牵涉到高层政客和商人
People with the power to make these things go away.
有掌权的人把事情压下去
You were transferred off Major Crimes after the '80 investigation.
80年的调查后你就被调离了重案组
In 1990, you left the force.
1990年 你离开了警队
You saw nothing that suggested obfuscation from higher quarters?
你没有发现任何高层模糊处理的证据吗
No evidence ignored?
没有证据被忽略
No forced conclusions?
没有牵强的结论
Bein' police... there's no certainty.
做警察 没有确定性
Lot of the time, there's no clarity at all.
很多时候 根本搞不清楚
You just do your best, and...
你只能尽力而为
learn to live with ambiguity.
学会接受含糊不清
I have to say I'm disappointed.
我得说我很失望
I most wanted to talk to you because your record indicated
我想找你谈最主要是因为你的记录显示
you never went along with the official version.
你一直不赞同官方的说法
I've been hoping you'd provide a missing piece.
我希望你能补上缺失的部分
Young lady...
小姐
my whole brain's a buncha missin' pieces.
我整个脑子都七零八落
I'm sorry...
抱歉
this is what you've been leadin' to the whole time.
你一直都抱着这个想法
I don't got answers for you, Miss.
我没有你想要的答案 小姐
I wish I did, but I don't.
我希望我有 但我没有
Mr. Hays, please--
海斯先生 拜托了
can we consider this, what I've said?
你能考虑一下我说的话吗
No, ma'am.
不 女士
You'll excuse me.
失陪了
I'm tired of walkin' through the graveyard.
我厌倦了追忆往事
The story's over for me.
对我来说这件事结束了
"Watts," she said.
她说"瓦茨"
The one-eyed man.
独眼男人
You heard that?
你听到了吗
Write it down 'fore I forget. Watts.
在我忘记之前写下来 瓦茨
I'm sorry, man,
我很遗憾 伙计
but you think your wife would want this for you?
你觉得你妻子想要你这样吗
What's happenin' with you?
想要你变成这样吗
She wants me to finish it.
她想要我了结它
How's that?
怎么会
Watts.
瓦茨
Don't forget, 'cause I will.
别忘了 因为我会忘
Detective Hays, Nevada Bell faxed
海斯警探 内华达电信传真了
the phone records that you requested.
你要的电话记录
Three weeks in '88.
88年的三周
Thank you, Officer.
谢谢你 警官
OK, kids, let's get in the car.
好了 孩子们 到车上去
- What? - Your dad was supposed to watch you.
-什么 -你们的爸爸本来应该照看你们的
- It's a school night. - Come on, shoes on!
-明天要上学 -快点 把鞋穿上
Need y'all to take a ride with me.
你们得跟我出去一趟
Lieutenant Roland West.
我是罗兰·韦斯特副队长
Arkansas State Police, badge 4-5-7.
阿肯色州警 警徽编号457
I need flight records,
我需要飞行记录
private airfields, passenger records.
私人机场 乘客记录
Every flight into McCarran International,
每一架降落在麦卡伦国际机场的飞机
these dates, uh...
以下日期的
Yeah, I'll hold.
好 我等着
I was wondering, when Lucy worked here,
我在想 露西在这工作时
she get a lot of visitors? Men?
是不是有很多男性客人
Yeah, you could say that.
嗯 差不多吧
Most guys came here tried to chat her up.
大多数男人来这都是想和她聊天
Good for business.
对生意有好处
I was curious,
我很好奇
you ever see a couple in here talking to her?
你有没有见到一对夫妇找她谈话
Black man, white woman.
黑人男性 白人女性
I don't think so, not that I recall.
没有 我不记得
How about just a black man?
那单是黑人男性呢
He'd' have been missing an eye.
少一只眼睛
White, no pupil.
全是眼白 没有眼珠
Now, that...
这么说的话
It just occurred to me.
我想起来了
I never seen her with him,
我没见过她和这男的在一起
but I remember her brother or cousin, um...
但我记得她弟还是堂弟
- Dan O'Brien. - Dan, yeah.
-丹·奥布莱恩 -丹 没错
Him I seen once talkin' to a fella like that.
我见到过一次他和那男的谈话
Black fella missing an eye.
少一只眼睛的黑人
Oh, great. 'Cause we don't see each other enough.
太好了 咱俩平时见面还不够多吗
- You need to look at this. - Why?
-你得看看这个 -为什么
I got the whole thing.
我搞明白了
That phone number.
那个电话号码
Called eight times in one night.
一晚上打了八次
Less than two days before Lucy OD'ed.
就在露西吸毒过量而死的前两天内
Her room-- unpaid on her bill.
她的屋子 没付钱的账单
- OK. - Belongs to this address.
-嗯 -属于这个地址
Place is owned by the Ozark Trust.
隶属于欧扎克信托基金
Dug through a bunch of private records.
我翻阅了一系列私人记录
It's the Hoyt Corporation.
是霍伊特集团
Security.
安保部门
Harris James' personal line.
哈里斯·詹姆斯私人电话
This is the passenger manifest on the FAC out of Tulsa.
这是塔尔萨空管的乘客名单
First-class passenger to Vegas.
头等舱去维加斯
This is it.
就是它了
Harris James flew to Vegas the day before Lucy died.
哈里斯·詹姆斯在露西死前一天飞去了维加斯
Came back the day after.
死后一天飞回
So you wanna bring this to Blevins?
你想把这个上报给布莱文斯
No, goddamnit.
不 该死的
What would they do, 'cept shove it in a file
他们能干什么 除了把这塞进一堆文档
and stuff me in another basement?
然后再把我调走
They planted the evidence at Woodard's, man.
他们在伍达德家栽赃了证据 老兄
Probably took the fingerprints
也许他在离开警队前
from the toys in the woods before he left the force.
拿走了树林里的玩具上提取的指纹
Roland.
罗兰
So what do you think we can do with this, Wayne?
你觉得我们能怎么办 韦恩
We can go and ask him what the fuck he was doin' in Vegas.
我们可以去质问他去维加斯干什么
And we ask hard, man, like we used to.
态度强硬 就跟从前一样
Have to do with Hoyt, don't you think?
肯定跟霍伊特有关 你不觉得吗
Harris gettin' that job?
哈里斯拿到那份工作
If it had to do with his boss, we can get him to roll.
如果与他上司有关 我们能让他供出来
No. We can't.
不 不行
We can bring it in. That's all there is.
我们可以上报 但仅此而已
We can't do somethin' like that.
我们不能那么做
He doesn't talk, we'd be fucked forever.
他不承认 我们就完蛋了
And I get what you did here. It's good.
我明白你做了多少 很不错
But all we can do is make our case.
但我们只能提出我们找到的证据
I'm thinkin' about Tom.
我在想汤姆
Thinkin' about that note.
想那封信
You see him wantin' to be with Lucy again?
你觉得他会想再跟露西在一起吗
You see him typin' it?
你觉得他会打字吗
We gotta do this for Tom.
我们欠汤姆的
And what if James won't talk?
要是詹姆斯不开口呢
We get enough on him, he'll break.
逼到最后 他会松口的
Get him out to that barn...
把他弄到那个谷仓
he'll break.
他会松口的
If we--
如果我们
If you feel like you let Tom down,
如果你觉得自己让汤姆失望了
this is how you make it right, Roland.
这就是你弥补的机会 罗兰
Don't let it slide.
别让这个机会溜走了
Don't let them put this on him.
别让他们把这个罪名加在他身上
This is how we do right by Tom.
这就是我们为汤姆正名的机会
You can stop sayin' that now.
别再这么说了
I'm not simple.
我又不傻
1955 to 1985.
1955年到1985年
I was kitchen maid, then housekeeper.
我做过烧饭女佣 做过管家
Long time with the Hoyts.
在霍伊特家做了很久
Why y'all still police at your age?
你们怎么这把年纪了还在干警察
Just didn't want to retire.
只是不想退休
Couldn't imagine what I'd do with myself.
想不出除了干警察还能做点什么
And we ain't good for much else.
我们没别的长处
So, how can I help you?
需要知道点什么
What was it, about the Hoyts?
霍伊特家怎么了
We're lookin' at some old stuff.
我们只想了解一些旧事
You ever know a man named Harris James,
给霍伊特家做事的人中
worked for the Hoyts?
你认识一个叫哈里斯·詹姆斯的吗
Seen him more than known him.
只见过几面
He came on in my last years there.
他是我在那的最后一年来的
He ran security for Mr. Hoyt.
给霍伊特先生负责安保
Lotta tragedy in that family.
那个家庭里发生了太多悲剧
Wondered what you could tell us about 'em.
有什么可以告诉我们的吗
That family had no luck.
那家人很不幸
'Cept in business.
除了做生意
I helped raise Miss Isabel.
我帮忙抚养了伊莎贝尔小姐
Isabel, the daughter.
他女儿伊莎贝尔
She had her own family, right?
她成家了 对吗
Like I said, no luck.
正如我说的 很不幸
Her husband and little girl passed on.
她的丈夫和女儿都过世了
Bad wreck, '77.
出了严重车祸 77年
She was...
她...
troubled.
精神有问题
Never left the estate.
从没离开过那栋房子
Then one night,
有一晚
she took a car out,
她开车出去
put it through a guardrail.
把车开上了铁轨
Caused a big accident.
引发了一场严重的事故
After that, Mr. June watched over her.
在那之后 琼先生就一直看着她
He'd drive her-- whatever she needed.
他开车送她 什么事都帮她
Mr. June? Who was that?
琼先生 他是谁
He was pretty close with Mr. Hoyt. Black gentleman.
他和霍伊特先生关系很好 黑人
Stayed in the main house.
住在主屋
Basement level.
房子的地下室
Whole part of the house for Miss Isabel,
都是给伊莎贝尔小姐住的
with Mr. June the only one could go down here.
只有琼先生能去那
You know his first name, Mr. June?
知道他叫什么吗 这位琼先生
I'm not sure was "June," his last name.
我不确定"琼"是他的姓
We just called him Mr. June.
我们只不过称他为琼先生
There wasn't much talk
他和我们这些人
'tween him and us others.
不怎么接触
You know if he's still around?
他现在还在这里吗
How 'bout a description? Anything you noticed about him?
能描述一下他的长相吗 有什么特别的地方
Just his eye.
他的眼睛
His left eye was white. Dead, you know.
他的左眼是白色的 坏掉了
How about a man named Watts?
那你听过瓦茨这个名字吗
Can I go swimming down by the river with Lisa?
我能跟丽莎一起去河里游泳吗
Becca.
贝卡
You're all packed?
你都收拾好了吗
No, man. Shh.
别 老兄 嘘
Hey, just look at me.
看着我
I'm drivin' her to school.
我得开车送她上学
Later, yeah. Sure.
等一会再送
Why'd you leave?
你们为什么离开
'Round '81,
81年左右
they started restricting where we could go.
他们开始限制我们行动的区域
Had to stay in the kitchen or foyer, in the main house.
只能待在主屋的厨房或者客厅里
Miss Isabel,
伊莎贝尔小姐
I don't know what was happenin',
我不知道当时发生了什么
but I think she was gettin' worse.
但我觉得她的情况越来越糟
Where you at?
你还清醒吗
Are you all right?
你还好吗
I shouldn'ta said that.
我不应该说那些话
About Tom. I'm sorry.
关于汤姆的话 对不起
What about Tom?
什么关于汤姆的话
Gettin' you to go after Harris,
让你去找哈里斯
tryin' to make you do what I wanted.
让你做我想要做的事
I shouldn'ta done that.
我不应该那么做
I just--
What happened, I--
发生这些事
I didn't realize how different we were.
我之前没意识到你我之间的不同
Hope we can move past it.
希望我们可以不计前嫌
We're past it, bro.
过去的已经过去了 兄弟
Come on.
走吧
That's him.
是他
Lieutenant West.
韦斯特副队长
You doin' traffic stops now?
你转做交警了
Step out of the car, sir.
请下车 先生
Everything all right?
出什么事了吗
You got a dark look, Lieutenant.
你脸色有点阴沉 副队长
I need you to step out of the car, sir.
请从车上下来 先生
Yes-- Yes, sir, Lieutenant.
遵 遵命 副队长
Uh-- What seems to be the problem? I--
究竟出什么事了 我
Refusin' to comply?
拒不服从是吗
You're refusin' to comply.
你拒不服从
Wait, just-- just what are we doin' here?
等会 到底是怎么一回事
You... need to talk or somethin',
如果你们想要谈一谈的话
we can always do that at the office.
我们可以去办公室
Yours or mine.
你们的或者我的都行
You seem real upset, sir.
你看起来很生气 长官
Oh. You reachin' for this?
你是不是想伸手拿枪
No, sir, I was not.
不是的 长官 我没有
Step out of the car!
从车上下来
I'd like to know what's goin' on.
请告诉我究竟是什么事
- You both seem real angry. - Get out, motherfucker!
-你们看起来都很生气 -下车 混蛋
Come on! Son of a bitch!
下来 狗娘养的
Get out, motherfucker!
快滚出来
What, then?
现在又想怎么样
Get on with it.
快点开始吧
You don't want to be givin' orders.
你给我闭嘴
Lucy called the Hoyt Corporation--
露西在吸毒过量而死前
eight times, the day before she OD'ed.
给霍伊特公司打了八个电话
We got you comin' into Vegas
我们发现你在她去世时
for two days when she died.
在拉斯维加斯待了两天
You put that fuckin' backpack
当年是你把那个背包
and dress in Woodard's way back, didn't ya?
和衣服放在伍达德家的 是不是
And you were goin' around re-interviewin' witnesses,
你还去回访目击证人
see if anybody saw anything?
看看他们知道什么
You gave Lucy a hot-shot.
你给露西注射了毒品
Well, that's some wild storytellin'.
你们说的够牵强的
I do not know what you're talkin' about.
我不知道你在说什么
Ohh! Oh, God!
老天啊
What happened to the kids in '80?
当年失踪的孩子怎么了
You tell me. You're the detectives.
你告诉我啊 你们才是大侦探
Goddamnit!
我操
Stop hittin' me!
别打了
Fuck!
Lucy wanted what-- money?
露西要钱是吗
What'd she say, you flew out there and killed her?
她说了什么才让你飞过去杀了她
Dan O'Brien said somethin' about, uh...
丹·奥布莱恩提到了有个
people who don't renegotiate.
不好说话的人
You's who he was worried about, huh?
他说的就是你吧
- You found him. - Let me tell you both somethin'.
-你找到他了 -告诉你们吧
Them two, the mother and her cousin...
那两个人 那个妈妈和她的堂弟
they ain't people you should worry on.
用不着你们操心
I mean, what's this for?
这到底是要干什么
Y'all can't give a shit about that trash.
你们根本就不关心他们
My friend's dead.
我的朋友死了
The kids.
还有那些孩子
I got kids.
我也有孩子
I wouldn't ever-- I would--
我绝对不会
I would never hurt a child. Oh, God.
我绝对不会伤害孩子
Somethin's wrong inside. You... busted me up, man.
我难受 你们把我打出伤了
Tell us what happened.
告诉我们怎么回事
The whole story.
来龙去脉
The kids were meetin' somebody in the woods, regular.
那些孩子经常去那树林见某个人
That's who took 'em.
那人带走了他们
Maybe the mother's involved, maybe O'Brien.
和那个母亲有关 可能还有奥布莱恩
But you planted the evidence in '80.
但当年是你伪造了证据
And you took the fingerprints outta evidence.
你把指纹从证物里拿走了
All for Hoyt, we figure.
应该是为了霍伊特
He got somethin' for kids?
他是不是喜欢孩子
Maybe there was a group of 'em.
他们可能是团伙作案
Friends of his.
他的狐朋狗友
People into kids.
恋童癖
You two are really up shit creek, huh?
你们还真能胡扯啊
Oh, God.
上帝啊
I'm hurt.
I--
I can only tell you what I know.
我只能说我知道的东西
But...
条件是
I gotta know I'm walkin' outta here.
我得活着离开
You'll be alive, any rate.
你死不了的
Take these--
把手铐解开
I can't feel my fuckin' hands, man.
我感觉不到我的手了 老兄
I can't breathe. I can't breathe.
我不能呼吸了 我不能呼吸了
You kicked my ribs to pieces, man.
你打碎了我的肋骨 老兄
I feel it stabbin' my lung.
我能感觉到骨头扎进了肺里
Oh, God. Jesus.
上帝啊
How hard you kick him?
你踢得有多用力啊
- Listen-- - Fuck you.
-听着 -去你妈的
Fuck you for this.
都是你搞出来的
He didn't give us a choice.
他没有给我们其它选择
And I was right.
我是对的
You seen it. He knew.
你看到了 他知道
Nah, you were talkin' shit about Tom.
不 你一直在讲汤姆
Gettin' me to go along with this. Gettin' your way.
让我同意这么做 让你得逞
Hold up. You're a grown-ass man.
等等 你可是个成年人
I didn't force you to do anything.
我没强迫你做任何事
I just killed a man, you dumb asshole!
我刚杀了个人 你个傻逼
Now it's all gone! Done!
现在好了吧 人死了
Whatever he knew, gone!
问不出他知道什么了
You fucked my life!
你搞砸了我的生活
We did it, Roland!
我们一起搞砸的 罗兰
You manipulative, egotistical,
你爱摆布别人 又自我中心
uppity fuckin'--
超级自负的
What?
什么
What you gonna say?
你要说什么
Guess what word's runnin' through my mind right now.
猜我现在想说什么
Say it, then.
说啊
Say it, motherfucker.
说啊 混蛋
No.
就不
I just want you to know I'm thinkin' it.
我就是要你知道我在骂你
Harris was Highway Patrol,
1977年时 哈里斯
Zone 4, back in '77.
在4区的高速巡逻队
That puts him in the area where the maid said
那是那个佣人说的霍伊特的女儿
that Hoyt's daughter had her accident.
出事的地方
That coulda been the start--
可以从这开始
him helpin' them, workin' for 'em.
他帮助他们 为他们工作
The black man. "Mr. June."
那个黑人 "琼先生"
Amelia said O'Brien met with him,
艾米莉亚说奥布莱恩见过他
that bar Lucy worked.
就在露西工作过的酒吧
They had some kind of arrangement.
他们之间有过某种协议
You know, I always figured you woulda kept after this
我一直觉得你会继续追查下去
in some way.
在某种程度上
No. I told you,
不 我告诉过你
let it go.
随它去吧
Amelia and me made a deal.
艾米莉亚和我约定过
Yeah.
She was a good investigator, huh?
她是个好调查员 对吧
She told me somethin' the other day.
她曾经告诉过我一些事
She was talkin' to me.
她和我说话
She said, uh...
她说
she said that I hadn't known myself,
她说我不了解自己
and that--
还有
that it made me harden my heart.
那让我变得冷酷无情
Amelia told you this?
艾米莉亚告诉你的
She was sittin' right there.
她当时坐在那
She always knew how to cut into me, she wanted to.
她总是知道怎么触动我 按她的方式
Son of a bitch is back.
那个混蛋回来了
Humor a crazy old man, Detective West.
帮疯老头一把 韦斯特警探
You lookin' for me?
你是在找我吗
Come out there.
出来
- You get it? - Yeah.
-你拍到了吗 -拍到了
Could just be somebody's ex-boyfriend watchin' the house.
可能就是谁的前男友在半夜监视
Wayne?
韦恩
Wayne.
韦恩
What are you doing?
你在干什么
What is this?
这是什么
Where have you been?
你去哪里了
I can't talk about this.
我不能说
In the morning... we have to talk.
明早...我们得好好谈谈
Will you talk to me in the morning?
你明早能和我谈谈吗
We haven't been honest.
我们一直都没有互相坦诚
What's going on, what we're doing.
发生了什么 我们在做什么
No. I know.
是的 我知道
Maybe we could turn it around.
也许我们能有所改变
If I tell you--
如果我告诉你
Things you're better off not knowin'.
那是你最好不要知道的事
Not about you, there's not.
只要与你有关就没有我不该知道的
With you, I need to know everything.
只要与你有关我就要知道
I'd be a son of a bitch if I did that to you.
如果我告诉了你 那我才是真的混蛋
I'm sorry, could be Roland or somethin'.
抱歉 可能是罗兰
Could be big.
可能是很重要的事
Please. Hold on.
拜托 稍等一下
Detective Hays?
海斯警探
- Wayne Hays? - Yes.
-你是韦恩·海斯吗 -是的
Do you know who this is?
你知道我是谁吗
No.
不知道
Edward Hoyt.
爱德华·霍伊特
I think we may have some things to discuss.
我觉得我们之间也许有事要商量
How's that?
什么事
Harris James.
哈里斯·詹姆斯
I'd like to discuss the events of last night...
我想和你聊聊昨晚的事
as I understand them.
我都清楚
I could come inside, if you like.
如果你愿意的话 我可以进你家说
I'd be pleased to meet your family.
我很愿意见见你的家人
Your wife, the writer?
你的妻子是那个作家吧
Little Henry and Rebecca.
小亨利和丽贝卡
It's lucky, havin' a family.
有个家庭真是太幸运了
No.
Then maybe you'd like to come out and talk to me.
那也许你愿意出来和我谈谈
My preference, you understand, is to keep this between us.
我是想着不让其他人知道这件事
For the moment.
暂时来说
How 'bout a little later?
能不能等会再说
You may not realize this,
你也许还没有意识到
but I've been pretty damn patient with you already.
但我已经给你足够多的耐心了
Perhaps I should take my information to the prosecutor's office.
也许我应该直接去检察官办公室
Or like I say...
或者如我所说
happy to talk inside.
很乐意进去聊聊
No.
I'll be out in five.
我五分钟内出来
What?
怎么了
Just, uh--
只是...
I'm sorry. It's one last time.
抱歉 就这最后一次
Trust me, all right?
相信我 好吗
One more time. That's it.
就再一次 最后一次
Then we talk, then I tell you everything.
然后我们谈谈 我把一切都告诉你
Right now, uh,
现在
listen.
听着
You gotta just trust me.
你要信任我
One last time.
最后一次
This is it.
就这样
Time is the school in which we learn.
时光是我们成长的学校
Time is the fire in which we burn.
时光是我们燃烧的火焰
真探最终集
The case. It's only ever the case.
是案子 都是案子的事
That's over now.
现在结束了
发掘
All this time...
一直以来
当年
What the hell were you doing?
你都做了什么
真相
My God...
天啊
Just tell me what happened.
告诉我到底发生了什么