生活大爆炸 第十一季 The Big Bang Theory Season 11 第2集: 撤回声明 The Retraction Reaction

上映日期: 2,017

语言: 英语

影片类型: 喜剧 / 爱情

导演: 马克·森卓斯基

演员: 吉姆·帕森斯 / 凯莉·库柯 / 约翰尼·盖尔克奇 / 西蒙·赫尔伯格 / 昆瑙·内亚 / 马伊姆·拜力克 / 梅丽莎·劳奇 / 凯文·苏斯曼 / 劳里·梅特卡夫 / 瑞琪·琳德赫姆 / 史蒂芬·霍金


台词
Uh, one dumpling left. Who wants it?
还剩一个饺子 谁要吃
m 20 0 l 209 0 b b b 11 228 0 218 0 209 l 0 20 b 0 11 11 0 20 0
b
m 71 60 b 71 0 161 0 161 60 b 161 120 71 120 71 60
原创翻译 双语字幕
最新连载海外影视剧下载请登陆 www.YYeTs.com仅供交流学习 禁止商用盈利
m 20 0 l 209 0 b b b 11 228 0 218 0 209 l 0 20 b 0 11 11 0 20 0
m 211 -8 b b b 26 29 26 26 26 24 l 26 -2 b 26 -4 26 -6 31 -8
b
m 71 60 b 71 0 161 0 161 60 b 161 120 71 120 71 60
原创翻译 双语字幕
最新连载海外影视剧下载请登陆 www.YYeTs.com仅供交流学习 禁止商用盈利
Maybe you should offer it to the pregnant lady.
或许你该让给怀孕的那位女士
And that would be...
那位女士是...
Me, Sheldon.
我啊 谢尔顿
I'm obviously pregnant.
我孕相多明显啊
Well, you never said it to my face.
因为你还没当面跟我说过
And the last time I assumed a woman was pregnant,
而我上一次想当然地认定一名女士怀孕时
it did not go over well.
结果还挺糟糕的
Yeah, I'm still mad at you.
没错 我还在生你气呢
You were drinking water instead of wine.
你这酒鬼当时居然在喝白开水
What was I supposed to think?
我这么想能怪我吗
Sheldon's right.
谢尔顿说得对
I would never ask a woman if she was pregnant,
我永远不会问一个女士是不是怀孕
unless she tells me or I see a human being
除非是她告诉我 或是我看到有人类
wiggling out of her.
从她下面被拉出来
Well, Sheldon, I'm pregnant.
谢尔顿 我怀孕了
Congratulations. How far along are you?
恭喜你啊 怀孕多久了
About three months.
大概三个月吧
Only three?
才三个月吗
Good gravy, how many babies are in there?
天啊 你肚子里是装的是几胞胎啊
Okay, let's talk about something
够啦 咱们来聊一些
that won't infuriate my pregnant wife.
不会让我的孕妻暴怒的话题吧
I read an interesting fact about elephants.
我读了一个有关大象的有趣知识
Try again.
再换一个
Oh, I've got something.
我想到啦
I'm being interviewed on public radio this Friday.
这周五我要接受电台访谈啦
Oh, cool. How come?
厉害 为什么呢
Uh, the university is trying to get more funding
大学希望物理系能获得
for the physics department,
更多研究资金
so they want me to go out and talk it up.
所以就派我出马啊
Really? You?
真的吗 派你啊
Well, they picked the right person for the job.
那他们还真是请对人了
Thank you.
真是谢谢啊
I think he bought it.
我觉得他信了
翻译 吹嘘大王赛太公 隐瞒成功YY猫 灰灰是菇凉 油腻希
m 200 -1 l 200 13 l 19 13 b 14 12 14 6 14 6 b 14 6 14 0 19 -1
b 14 12 14 6 14 6 b 14 6 14 0 19 -1
校对 中秋快乐赛太公 月饼寄给YY猫
b 14 12 14 6 14 6 b 14 6 14 0 19 -1
后期 灰灰是菇凉 时间轴 YY猫
总监 新浪微博@赛太公
第十一季 第二集
Hi, I'm Ira Flatow, and this is Science Friday.
欢迎收听《科学星期五》 我是艾拉·菲莱
知名电台主持人 曾在本剧第7季第10集客串过
Joining me today is my guest physicist, Dr. Leonard Hofstadter,
今天的嘉宾是物理学家莱纳德·霍夫斯塔德
to talk about all of the exciting research
他要来跟我们聊他在加州理工
they're doing at Cal Tech.
所做的那些激动人心的研究
Thank you for having me. Whoa...
感谢贵节目给我这个机会...
Could never get used to hearing myself in headphones.
还是没办法习惯在耳机里听到自己的声音
Is that really how I sound?
我的声音听起来真是这样吗
It is. It is.
是的 真是
That is good to know.
很高兴知道这点
I told him his voice was annoying.
我跟他说过他的声音很惹人厌
He didn't want to listen.
他就是不听
Hey.
You're saying it's not?
难道你觉得不烦人吗
Just...
就...
hey.
喂...
So, it has been five years
所以打从五年前
since the discovery of the Higgs boson--
希格斯玻色子被证实存在后
what's the next big thing gonna be?
您觉得下一个科学界大事是什么
Wow, that's hard to say.
这很难说啊
There's so much going on.
有太多大事在发生了
We've been collecting tons of data
我们一直在搜集大量的数据
that could revolutionize the way we understand the universe.
而这数据有可能颠覆我们对宇宙的理解
For instance, there's a particle called a squark,
比如说 有个粒子叫超对称性夸克
which could prove supersymmetry.
它能证明超对称性
That is interesting. Have you found it?
有意思 那你们找到了吗
- What, the squark? - Yes.
-什么 这个夸克吗 -对啊
No, no.
没 还没
Wouldn't that be exciting?
找到就是神作了
But we're also looking for the selectron,
但我们也在试着找出超电子
the gluino and the neutralino.
胶微子与超中微子
都是理论物理学家提出的物理模型中假想的一些粒子基本没有切实的实验依据 很可能并不存在
- Well, and have you found that? - No.
-那找到那些了吗 -没有
Another fun sidenote--
插个有趣小故事
I went to high school with a girl named Theresa Gluino,
我有个高中同学名叫特丽莎·胶微子
but it didn't cost $2 billion to find her.
但要找到她并不需要花20亿
She was smoking behind the gym.
她总躲在体育馆后面抽着烟
So, what have you found?
那你们发现了什么
Uh, nothing, actually.
其实什么都没发现
Should he be saying that?
他可以说这话吗
Uh, probably not.
应该不可以
Yeah, this is public radio.
对啊 这可是公共电台
Doesn't he realize that dozens of people might hear him?
难道他不知道"还有人"在听广播节目吗
But I remain confident.
但我还是很有信心
We've got the best equipment and the best minds
我们有最好的仪器与最顶尖的科研人员
all working on it.
一起在努力着呢
Okay, sounds like he's back on track.
还好 感觉他把场救回来了
Although, some days I'm, like, ugh...
虽然有时候我会觉得...
we've spent so much money.
我们花了好多好多钱啊
Why haven't we found anything? What are we doing?
怎么屁都没找到 我们是在干嘛啊
Oh, boy.
哎妈
There's Leonard.
莱纳德来了
I'll bet he's having a rough day.
估计他今天很不好过
Let's just try to be supportive.
我们尽量表达支持吧
Supportive?
支持他个鬼
He publicly maligned the love of my life,
他公开诋毁了我一生挚爱
Lady Physics.
物理女士
You might not want to mention that to Lady Fiancee.
这挚爱最好别让你的未婚妻女士知道
Hey, guys.
大家好
Hey, how's it going?
今天好吗
What? You got something to say?
怎么 你有什么话想说吗
I think I just said it.
我刚才已经说了啊
P-f-f.
口不一
Pff!
Look, I-I was just speaking the truth.
我当时只是实话实说啊
We're scientists-- isn't that what we're supposed to do?
我们是科学家 不应该用事实说话吗
Oh, what would you know about the truth?
你懂个大西瓜的事实啊
You thought Phantom Menace was "Not half bad."
你还觉得《星球大战I 魅影危机》很不错呢
I told you that in confidence!
你怎么可以泄密
Okay, calm down. Everybody just cool it.
大家冷静 别吵架了
No, let 'em go. If we get lucky,
别拦着啊 要是我们运气好
maybe one of them will start crying.
说不定他们俩能有人吵哭呢
Uh, can we just drop this and have lunch like adults?
能不能不聊这个 像成年人一样地吃午饭
- Fine. - Very well.
-行 -好吧
- Leonard? - What?
-莱纳德 -怎么了
Pff!
You ready for lunch?
准备好去吃饭了吗
Oh, one second.
马上就好
Ooh, someone's got a lot of fancy new lab equipment.
某人这里多了好多新的酷炫设备啊
I know.
对啊
The university has been throwing money at my study.
大学给我的研究投了好多钱呢
With any luck,
运气好的话
there'll be a brain disease with my name on it.
以后说不定能有脑疾病用我名字为名呢
Fingers crossed.
两指交叉为你祈祷
Which is ironic, because if you had Fowler's palsy,
讽刺的是 如果你患上了福勒瘫
you wouldn't be able to cross your fingers.
你的手将无法两指交叉
I'm surprised Sheldon's not up here playing
我很意外谢尔顿居然不来这里
with all your new toys.
玩你的新玩具
Actually, I haven't told him about it.
其实我还没告诉他呢
We've been getting so much more funding than physics,
我们这边获得的经费比物理那边多太多
he's been a little sensitive.
他对此略为敏感
So you're just gonna hide your success from him?
所以你就对他隐瞒了你的成功吗
I know.
我知道不好
- Am I terrible? - No.
-我是不是太坏了 -不会啊
I do that, too.
我也这么做
How he thought my company retreat was in Boise?
不然他怎么会以为我的公司年会在博伊西
美国普通城市
It was in Tahiti.
其实在塔希提岛
著名度假海岛
That's such a relief.
那我就松一口气了
I mean, part of me was worried I was being unfair to Sheldon.
我内心曾隐隐觉得这样对谢尔顿有失公允
Take that part of yourself and hide it away.
将你的恻隐之心藏起来
Just like I did with last year's bonus check
就像我藏起我去年
that I "didn't get."
"并没发"的奖金支票
Ms. Davis, you wanted to see me?
戴维斯女士 你有事找我吗
Yes, Dr. Hofstadter, come on in.
是的 霍夫斯塔德博士 快进来
Should I sit or stand?
我是该坐下还是站着
I'm not used to being called into the dean's office.
我没被召进过主任办公室 不懂规矩
Please, sit.
请坐
I have to say I'm a little nervous.
不得不说 还真是有点紧张啊
You should be.
应该的
Look, I know I screwed up,
我知道我搞砸了
but it was only one interview.
但就是一次访谈而已
How much damage could it have caused?
能对学校造成多大的损害呢
Would you like for me to read you the e-mails
你想听我念念收到的邮件吗
from donors asking why are they giving us money
学校的捐助者们都在问如果物理是条死路
if physics is a dead end?
那给咱们捐钱的意义何在
I didn't say it was a dead end.
我可没说物理是条死路
I just said that I was worried it might be.
我只是说我担心可能会这样
So if I just said I was worried
那如果我说我担心
you might not have a job next week,
你可能下周就要失业了
how would you feel?
你感觉怎么样
Light-headed, and glad you asked me to sit down.
头晕 还好你让我先坐下
Okay, just tell me what I can do.
好吧 你就说我该怎么做吧
I'm gonna need you to make a statement
我要你发表一份声明
saying that you misspoke, and that you're confident
说自己言论有失 并且你坚信
the physics community is close to a major breakthrough.
物理学界即将迎来一个重大突破
You want me to lie.
你想让我撒谎
Look, Dr. Hofstadter, I'm counting on you.
听着 霍夫斯塔德博士 我就指望你了
I think that you are the smartest physicist at this university.
我认为你是本校最聪明的物理学家
Really?
真的吗
See? Lies. They're not that hard.
瞧 撒谎一点都不难
Looks like you've been busy.
感觉某人今天很用功啊
Oh, I have.
是啊
Uh, dark matter, uh, reconciling gravity and quantum mechanics.
暗物质 调和广义相对论与量子力学的矛盾
Supersymmetry.
超对称性
I've figured out the biggest problems in physics today.
我已经搞清了当今物理界最大的几个难题
Wow, you solved them all?
你都解出来了吗
No, I just, I figured out that they're the biggest problems.
不 我只是清楚知道了它们是最大的难题
Is this about what Leonard said on the radio?
是因为莱纳德在电台上说的话吗
Absolutely not.
当然不是
And I do not want to talk about Leonard.
我也不想谈论莱纳德
Can we please just talk about anything else?
我们能谈点别的事情吗
We could talk about my day.
我们可以谈谈我的一天
Walked right into that one, didn't I?
我真是自己挖坑自己跳 对吧
Well, since you sort of asked,
既然你勉强算是问了
I actually had a very good day.
我今天其实过得非常开心
Got some new equipment for my lab.
我的实验室多了不少新设备
Well, congratulations.
那恭喜你啊
I got some new equipment, too.
我也有新设备
I got these markers.
这些马克笔
They smell like fruit.
水果味的哦
Which I did not notice when I bought them.
我买的时候完全没有注意到
Don't really care for it.
我一点也不喜欢
Here, drink this.
给 喝这个
It might help.
或许会有帮助
What if it doesn't?
万一没有呢
Well, that's why I brought the bottle.
所以我给你拿来一整瓶呀
No one would talk to me in the halls.
走廊没有一个人愿意跟我说话
They just glared at me.
大家都瞪着我
It's like high school all over again.
感觉就像又过了一遍高中生活
Oh, I would totally do high school all over again.
我超级想再过一遍高中生活
- But that doesn't help you. - No.
-但那对你没帮助 -没有
I got called in to the administration office.
我被叫去了行政办公室
Ooh, look at my bad boy getting called to the principal.
瞧瞧我的坏小子 居然被校长叫过去
We don't technically have a principal.
严格来说 我们没有校长
There's a standing committee that oversees the budget.
有个常务委员会在监督学校预算
Ooh, look at my bad boy
瞧瞧我的坏小子
answering questions nobody asked.
回答没人问你的问题
Hey, come on, look, you said a few dumb things on the radio--
拜托 你不过是在电台说了几句傻话
what is the worst that could happen?
最坏又能怎样呢
I may get fired.
我可能会被解雇
Okay, well, even if you did, you could find another job.
好吧 就算被解雇了 你也可以找别的工作啊
Yeah, who wouldn't want to hire the physicist
谁会想聘用一个在公开场合
who publicly said physics is dead?
说物理已死的物理学家
Well, I wouldn't put that under "Special skills."
我不会把这项写在简历的"特殊技能"里
I can fix it,
我可以弥补
I just need to write a retraction I don't believe in--
我只需写一份违心的撤回声明即可
basically sell out to keep my job.
基本就是出卖灵魂来保住饭碗
Great, I'll leave you to it.
很好 那我不打扰你写稿子了
Sheldon, it's me.
谢尔顿 是我
What?
干嘛
Look, I know you're mad, but I have to write a statement
我知道你很生气 但我得写一份声明
that says the physics community is close to a breakthrough,
说物理学界即将迎来一个重大突破
and since you actually believe that,
既然你是真的相信会这样
I could really use your help.
我非常需要你的帮助
Sorry, I can't.
抱歉 我做不到
Come on, don't be like that.
拜托 别这样嘛
I can't, because I think you were right.
我做不到是因为我觉得你是对的
What?
什么
Look.
听着
Not all science pans out.
不是所有科学都能取得成功
You know, we've been hoping supersymmetry was true for decades,
数十年来 我们都希望超对称性是真的
超对称性至今在自然界中尚未被观测到
and finally, we built the Large Hadron Collider,
终于我们制造出大型强子对撞机
which is supposed to prove it by finding these new particles,
本应该通过发现新粒子来证实该理论
and it-it hasn't.
然而并没有
And maybe supersymmetry,
或许超对称性
our last big idea, is simply wrong.
人类最后的大想法 其实是错误的
Well, that sounds awful.
听起来真惨
Now I get why everyone hates me.
我懂为什么大家都讨厌我了
Well, on the bright side,
但从好的方面来看
after working together for 15 years,
一起共事15年后
you finally get to hear me say, "You were right."
你终于能听到我说"你当时说得对"
Oh, yeah, you did.
是啊
How's it feel?
感觉如何
Mm, given I might be unemployed,
基于我可能会失去工作
bittersweet.
苦乐参半吧
- Read it back to me. - Oh, hang on.
-读给我听听 -稍等
"Yes, one might question the $20 billion
"的确 也许有人会质疑我们
to build and run the Large Hadron Collider,
在建造运行大型强子对撞机上耗费的200亿
but on the other hand..."
但在另一方面..."
Okay.
行吧
"On the other hand, contrary to predictions,
"在另一方面 与预测相违背的是
the collider didn't create a small black hole
对撞机没有如我们所预测般创造出
that devoured the Earth and life as we know it.
足以毁灭整个地球与生命的小黑洞
So, s--
所以...
money well spent."
这钱花得值啊"
This is depressing.
太丧了
Do you have any alcohol around here?
你这儿有酒吗
Uh, not surprisingly, when Penny moved out,
佩妮搬出去的时候 不出所料地
she took every last drop. Um...
带走了每一滴酒
Oh, but I do have several bottles of Romulan ale
不过我这儿有几瓶从漫展上买回来的
that I bought at Comic-Con.
罗慕伦麦酒
Isn't that just vodka with blue dye in it?
不就只是伏特加里加了蓝色素吗
First, physics, now Romulan ale.
先是物理 现在又是罗慕伦麦酒
What else would you like to defecate on?
你还想往哪些东西头上拉泡屎呢
I thought you were coming right back.
我还以为你很快会回来
I was, but we're both depressed,
本来是 但是我们都很郁闷
and decided to drown our sorrows.
所以决定一醉方休
In mouthwash?
喝漱口水吗
有些漱口水中含有酒精
Man, that is so summer camp.
让我想起了以前的夏令营时光
I-It's Romulan ale, from Star Trek.
这是《星际迷航》里的罗慕伦麦酒
It was briefly legalized during the alliance
帝国战争时期 罗慕伦麦酒
between the Romulan Empire and the Federation
在罗慕伦帝国与星际联邦的结盟期间
at the time of the Dominion War.
有过短暂的合法售卖
Aw, now I'm depressed.
现在换我郁闷了
The more I told him about my lab, the pissier he got.
我告诉他越多我实验室的事 他就越生气
You know what he said to me?
你知道他跟我说了什么话吗
He said, "I hope all your correlations
他说 "我希望你实验的所有相关性
turn out to be specious."
都无法被证明"
He said that to your face?
他当面对你说这话吗
What a dick.
真是个混蛋
You know, you're a successful woman.
你是个事业成功的女人
You should be able to brag about your accomplishments once in a while.
你有偶尔吹嘘下自己成就的权利
Well, so should you.
是啊 你也可以啊
I mean, the guys are never shy about bragging.
他们就从来不会不敢吹嘘
Tell me about it. Howie texts me
可不是嘛 每次华仔玩《魔兽争霸》
every time his dog levels up in Warcraft.
他的狗升级了都要发短信告诉我
Has he ever called you to tell you
他有打电话就为了告诉你
he found three peanuts in one shell?
他在一个花生里发现了三颗花生仁吗
'Cause Sheldon has.
谢尔顿就干过这种事
We should be able to do that, too.
我们也应该可以这么做才对
I guess we can brag to each other.
我们可以互相跟对方吹嘘啊
That's a great idea.
这个想法很不错
Damn right it is; I came up with it.
当然了 这可是老娘想出来的
That felt good.
感觉真爽
You know, there's so much money in pharmaceuticals,
医药品行业的钱多得花不完
we don't even wash out our test tubes.
我们从来不洗试管
We just throw them out and get new ones.
直接扔了换新的
I just got a brand-new, state of the art fMRI machine.
我刚拿到了一台功能性磁共振成像仪
Whoa. Those things are so expensive.
这仪器超贵啊
I know.
对啊
Sometimes, I just lie down in there and take a nap.
有时候我就躺进里面打个盹
It's like a million dollar bunk bed.
就是张身价百万的单人床
At the office, I have two assistants.
我上班时有两个助理
I don't even know their names,
我都不知道他们的名字
I just call them Thing One and Thing Two.
就叫他们一号和二号
That's great. I-I don't have assistants.
真好 我没有助理
Oh. I guess that's one of the benefits of being in the private sector.
这大概就是在私企的福利之一
That and all the money I make.
有助理 钱还挣得多
Yeah, you've got that.
对 你赚大把[黑心卖药]钱
I've got my integrity.
而我有节操与一身正气
Hard to say which is better without making you feel bad.
要分优劣怕是会伤了你的自尊
Okay. So you guys are upset
所以说 你们不开心
because the collider thing disproved your theories?
是因为对撞机反证了你们的理论吗
I-It's worse than that.
比这更糟
It hasn't found anything in years,
多年来对撞机上都没有任何发现
so we don't know if we're right, we don't know if we're wrong.
我们不知道我们的理论是对是错
We don't know where to go next.
不知道下一步该怎么办
All I know is it looks like I tongue-kissed Avatar.
我只知道我看起来像跟阿凡达舌吻过
Come on.
别泄气
You guys are physicists.
你们是物理学家
Okay? You're always gonna be physicists.
好吗 你们永远都是物理学家
And sure, sometimes, the physics is hard,
的确 研究物理有时候很艰难
but isn't that what makes it boring?
可不就是艰难造就了它的无聊吗
We're here. What's going on?
我们来了 什么情况
Okay. As far as I can see,
就我看来
science is dead,
科学已死
'cause Leonard killed it.
是莱纳德杀了它
And, uh,
还有
I don't know who the Romulans are,
我不认识什么罗慕伦人
but those guys know how to party.
但是他们可懂怎么寻欢作乐了
So, what do you want us to do?
那你想要我们干什么
I don't know. You're scientists; cheer them up.
我不知道 你们才是科学家 哄他们开心
"Cheer them up"?
"哄他们开心"
Do you even know what a scientist is?
你到底知不知道科学家是干什么的
No, we don't need to be cheered up.
不 我们不需要人哄
It just turns out that physics is exactly like Lost.
只是刚发现物理就跟《迷失》一样
著名科幻美剧 共6季 开播时广受好评 最后基本算烂尾
Started out great, and turns out just a big old waste of time.
开篇极佳 追到结尾才发现就是在浪费生命
Boo-hoo. You know what you sound like?
狗屁 你知道你们听起来像什么吗
Babies.
像小娃娃
Two whiny babies.
两个哭哭啼啼的小娃娃
And there's nothing worse than being stuck
世界上最惨的事就是被两个
with two whiny babies!
哭哭啼啼的小娃娃给包围
Oh, my God, I'm gonna have two babies.
我的天啊 我之后就要有两个娃了
No, no, no, no. Babies are great.
别别别 小娃娃可棒了
You're lucky to have two babies.
你有两个娃非常幸福啊
I mean, look at me, uh, I'm all alone.
你看我 形单影只单身狗
I'm never gonna have babies,
一辈子永远别想有娃
'cause you can't make a baby watching Netflix with your dog.
因为跟自己的狗一起网上看剧是无法生娃的
Thanks for coming.
谢两位壮士到场支援
I may not make as much money as you,
我虽然赚的钱可能没你多
but at least I know that I'm actually doing something
但至少我知道我在做的工作
that makes people's lives better.
能让人们生活更加美好
Hey, my work makes people's lives better.
我的工作也能让人们生活更加美好啊
Especially if you have moderate to severe eczema
尤其是当你患有中度到重度湿疹
and don't mind if you lose teeth.
且不介意掉几颗牙齿时
You're right.
你说得对
We both do important work.
我们都从事重要的工作
I'm trying to map the structures of the brain,
我试图绘制出大脑的结构
and you're trying to convince people
你试图说服人们
that itchy hair is a real thing.
真有头发痒这件事
It is a real thing.
的确真有其事
It happens to be a side effect of our cholesterol drug.
这碰巧是我们公司胆固醇药导致的副作用
I'm just saying that my research
我只是在说我的研究
may actually change the world forever.
可能真的会永远改变世界
I hope it does.
但愿如此
'Cause I'm gonna see that world from a yacht so big,
因为到时我会坐在一艘超大游艇上看这个世界
you can land a helicopter on it.
游艇还大到可以停直升机那种哦
Physics is all we're cut out for.
我们只适合研究物理
I mean, if we weren't physicists, w-what would we be?
我们要是不当物理学家 还能当什么啊
I don't know. Popular?
不知道 万人迷吧
It's fine. I don't need to be a theoretical physicist.
没关系 我不是非要当理论物理学家
There's lots of things I could use this brain for.
还有很多事可以用到我的头脑
I could be an accountant for the mob.
我可以给黑帮当会计
I could guess people's weight at the fair.
我可以在集市上猜人们的体重
Okay. This is getting silly.
够了 越说越蠢了
Is it?
是吗
180.
81公斤
Okay.
好了
That is enough.
够了
Your lives are not wasted.
你们的生命没有浪费掉
Your careers are not at a dead end.
你们的事业没有走到死路
You just hit a rough patch.
你们只是遇到了一个难关
Instead of feeling sorry for yourselves,
不要再自怨自艾
you need to get up and get inspired.
你们应该振作起来找灵感
How?
怎么找
I don't know. You know, when I'm feeling down,
我哪知道 我情绪低落的时候
I go for a run,
会去跑步
which is exactly why I'm not 180 pounds, genius!
所以我才没有81公斤 死天才
I know where we need to go.
我知道我们该去哪里了
Are we running there? Because watching drunk Sheldon run
是跑步去吗 因为看喝醉的谢尔顿跑步
would be the highlight of my life.
会是我人生最值得回味的时刻
We're going to see Richard Feynman.
我们现在去看理查德·费曼
Penny, Richard Feynman is an iconic phys...
佩妮 理查德·费曼是一位著名的物理...
I know who he is.
我知道他是谁
Leonard dressed as him for Halloween last year.
莱纳德去年万圣节扮成他
I had no idea Richard Feynman was dead.
我都不知道理查德·费曼已经去世了
1988年已去世
Yep. Most people don't know
是的 但大部分人不知道
he's actually buried right here in Altadena.
他就葬在阿尔塔迪纳镇
I'm sure they keep a lid on that to avoid traffic jams.
我肯定他们有意隐瞒 避免太多人来会堵车
Here he is.
他在这儿呢
Oh, wow. He's buried with his wife.
他和他妻子葬在一起
We get it. A lady loved you.
知道了 有位女士深爱过你
Quit bragging.
炫耀个屁啊
Feynman was so cool.
费曼真的很酷
When I was a kid, I'd put on some headphones
我小时候会戴上耳机
and crank up one of his lectures and just...
调大他讲课的音量 就这样...
jam out to knowledge.
徜徉在知识的旋律之中
This guy knew how to live.
这家伙懂得如何生活
He taught himself musical instruments.
他自学了各种乐器
He studied Portuguese.
还学会了葡萄牙语
Just to give a speech in Brazil.
就为了在巴西演讲
巴西式热蜡除毛通常用在女性私密部除毛
The only part of me that's been to Brazil is my bikini line.
我全身只有"巴西除毛"过的部位跟巴西有关
Okay.
别再喝了
He did so much.
他做了如此多壮举
And here we are, stuck and letting him down.
而我们却停滞不前 令他失望
You know, Feynman used to say he didn't do physics
费曼以前常说 他研究物理
for the glory or the awards, but just for the fun of it.
不是为了名利或奖项 只是为了其中的乐趣
He was right.
他说得对
Physics is only dead when we stop being excited about it.
只有我们不再为它兴奋激动时 物理才会死
Even beyond the grave, he's imparting wisdom.
即使进了坟墓 他仍在传授智慧
Um, I'm the one who remembered it.
记得他那番话的人是我
Give me the bottle.
把酒给我
I mean, it might be a little corny, but I say
可能有点俗套 但我提议
we pour one out for all the science homies
我们给所有先辈科学家
who came before us.
倒上一杯
I love that.
我喜欢这提议
Here comes some more.
要"倒"出更多酒啦
Ah, we got to see him run.
我们终于看到他醉跑了
Oh, hi, you wanted to see me?
你好 你要见我是吗
Yes. I wanted to talk to you about the e-mail
是的 我想和你谈谈
you sent me last night.
你昨晚发给我的邮件
I sent you an e-mail?
我给你发了邮件吗
You bet you did.
确定一定以及肯定
"Hello.Shalom and aloha
"在此用英语 希伯来语和夏威夷语
费曼是美籍犹太裔
from the grave of Richard Feynman."
从理查德·费曼的坟墓向你问好"
Oh, it's coming back to me.
我开始想起来了
"Please accept the following retraction:
"请接受以下撤回声明
I know I said physics is dead,
我知道我说过物理已死
but it is the opposite of dead.
其实事实恰恰相反
If anything,
真要说的话
It is undead, like a zombie.
物理是不死的 就像丧尸一样
Speaking of which,
说起这个
If Richard Feynman came back as a zombie,
要是理查德·费曼变成丧尸复活
I would totally let him bite me."
我十分愿意让他咬我"
Any chance that's the end?
是在这里就结束了吗
"I got bit by a squirrel once.
"我被松鼠咬过一次
I had to get rabies shots.
我不得不去打狂犬病疫苗
I cried so much,
我哭得好凄惨
My mother said 'don't be a baby.'
我妈说"别哭得像个娃似地"
In conclusion,
总之
Physics is great.
物理很棒
Squirrels suck, and someday,
松鼠很贱 总有一天
I'm gonna put my mom in a cheap nursing home.
我要把我妈丢去便宜的养老院
Yours, truely,
谨上
XOXO, Doctor Leonard Hofstadter."
亲亲抱抱 莱纳德·霍夫斯塔德博士"
I can explain. I...
我可以解释 我...
"PS.
"附言
Can you come pick us up?
你能不能来接我们
The Uber driver won't open the door
优步司机不肯开车门
because Sheldon is covered in blue vomit."
因为谢尔顿身上沾满了蓝色呕吐物"