天才 第二季 Genius Season 2 第2集: Picasso:Chapter Two

上映日期: 2,018

语言: 英语

影片类型: 剧情 / 传记 / 历史

导演: 肯尼士·比勒 / 凯文·霍克斯 / 劳拉·贝尔西 / 马蒂亚斯·亨德尔 / 格雷格·艾坦尼斯

演员: 安东尼奥·班德拉斯 / 克蕾曼丝·波西 / 亚力克斯·里奇 / 萨曼莎·科利 / 波比·迪瓦伊 / 罗伯特·席安 / 大卫·威尔莫特 / 詹迪·莫拉 / 查理·卡里克 / 塞巴斯蒂安·罗奇 / 阿德里


台词
Previously on Genius.
《天才》 前情提要
I want to do something original.
我想回归绘画的本原
Unique.
独特
You could paint your perfect painting, Pablo.
你可以画出完美的作品 巴勃罗
These paintings, they were the best work I've ever done.
这些画 是我画过最好的作品
I've had my work destroyed before.
我的画作曾经被毁过
And the Nazis have labeled every bit of it as degenerate.
而纳粹把这些东西全部打上了"堕落"的标签
It is extraordinary, Pablo.
这画太棒了 巴勃罗
It's a gift, Uncle.
这是份礼物 叔叔
To thank you for everything you've done for me.
感谢你为我做的一切
I made to vow to God
我向上帝发誓
that if he let Conchita live I would give up painting.
如果他让康琪塔活下来 我就放弃画画
God knew I could never keep my promise.
上帝知道我不会遵守诺言
So, he punished me. He took her.
所以他为了惩罚我 把她带走了
The roses are exquisite, Hervé.
玫瑰真漂亮 埃尔维
Thank you, Monsieur.
谢谢 先生
There are thorns. Be careful.
有刺 小心
Never.
绝不
Who is this woman, Pablo?
这个女人是谁 巴勃罗
I am Dora Maar. And you must be Marie-Thérèse.
我叫多拉·玛尔 您肯定就是玛丽·德瑞丝了
I will never be bored by you.
你永远不会让我无聊
My name is Carles Casagemas.
我叫卡雷斯·卡萨吉玛斯
What is yours?
你叫什么名字
Picasso.
毕加索
Picasso and I, we are the future.
我和毕加索 我们才是未来的希望
I don't understand you, Francoise.
我不理解 弗朗索瓦丝
I want to be a painter.
我想当画家
You will become a lawyer.
你会当名律师
Do I make myself clear?
你明白了吗
Franco and his fanatics are winning the war.
佛朗哥和他的狂热追随者要取胜了
Franco has Hitler and the Nazis on his side, Pablo.
佛朗哥有希特勒和纳粹的支持 巴勃罗
We need you on ours.
我们需要你的支持
I know you didn't want
我知道你不情愿
to make a painting for the Spanish Pavilion,
为西班牙展馆作画
but now you must.
但你必须画
I am going to need a very big canvas.
我需要一副非常大的画布
I'm getting my family to safety.
我要将家人送到安全的地方
Guernica made the Nazis very angry.
《格尔尼卡》激怒了他们 巴勃罗
You have children. Women you love.
你有孩子 有爱人
Some things are more important than art.
有些东西比艺术更重要
Not to me.
于我而言 并非如此
天才:毕加索
法国雷恩 1940年5月10日
Francoise?
弗朗索瓦丝
Momma?
妈妈
The Germans have crossed the border.
德国人越过了边境
We must hurry.
我们得赶紧
Your father is waiting for us at the harbor in Saint-Malo.
你父亲在圣马洛的港口等我们
Papa!
爸爸
Francoise. Madeleine.
弗朗索瓦丝 玛德莱娜
Thank God.
感谢上帝
Where are they all going?
他们都要去哪儿
The Germans have closed the harbor.
德国人关闭了港口
So we could've been in England days ago?
我们本可能在几天前就到英国了
But no, you insisted Francoise take this stupid exam,
但是你坚持让弗朗索瓦丝参加这个愚蠢的考试
and now we're prisoners?
现在我们就成了囚徒
We are not prisoners. We are French citizens.
我们不是囚徒 我们是法国公民
Yes. With Nazi monsters.
我们是纳粹的囚徒
莫尔德河畔的特朗布莱
向南500公里 鲁瓦扬 泰格酒店
That was Hervé, calling from Tremblay.
是埃尔维 他从特朗布莱打来的
German troops have commandeered the house.
德国军队占领了他的房子
Bastards.
混账
They think they can just take whatever they want.
他们以为他们可以为所欲为
They do have guns and tanks.
他们有枪和坦克
And it could have been much worse.
事情本可能更糟糕
Maya and Marie-Thérèse could have been there.
玛雅与玛丽·德瑞丝本来可能在哪里
Get the car.
把车开出来
Pablo, it's 300 miles.
巴勃罗 距离有500公里呢
Then we better get on the road.
那我们最好早点出发
And what are you going to do when we get there?
到了那儿你想干什么
Ask the Nazis politely to give you back your house.
彬彬有礼地问纳粹要回你的房子
I don't care about the house.
我不关心房子
Then what?
那做什么
We are gonna steal my art.
我们要偷回我的作品
快走 快走 我们要去巡逻
Put as much as you can in the car.
把尽可能多的作品放进车里
The rest in Hervé's truck.
剩下的放进埃尔维的卡车里
Hurry!
赶快
You should've seen it, my love.
你真应该看看当时的场景 亲爱的
We were a band of gypsies, picking the Nazis clean.
我们好似一群吉卜赛人 把纳粹偷了个精光
What if you'd been caught?
要是你们被抓了会怎么样
Oh, impossible.
那是不可能的
No, my African masks protect me against all evil spirits.
不 我的非洲面具从所有恶灵中保护了我
This isn't a joke, Pablo.
这不是玩笑 巴勃罗
They might have killed you.
他们可能会杀了你的
But they didn't. Did they?
但是他们没有 不是吗
So you saved your paintings?
所以你救了你的画作
Now, we should go.
现在 我们该走了
Go? Where?
走 去哪儿
To America. It's too dangerous here.
去美国 这里太危险了
So, when the fascists were far away
所以 当法西斯离西班牙
in Spain,
很远的时候
y-you wanted to fight them.
你愿意和他们斗争
You wanted me to paint Guernica.
你想让我画《格尔尼卡》
And now that they are on our doorstep,
现在 他们近在眼前
y-y-you just want to run away?
你就想逃跑
Take it.
拿着
Go on.
来吧
Play that game you played the night we first met.
让我们玩我们初遇的那个晚上玩过的那个游戏
Spread your fingers apart and drive the blade between them.
展开你的手 把刀插进指间
Pablo, please...
巴勃罗 请不要
Even when you missed and drew blood, you didn't flinch.
即便你瞄不准伤到了手 你都没有退缩
I was drunk.
我当时喝醉了
You were fearless.
你当时毫无畏惧
You do what you want.
你想做什么都可以
But I am going back to Paris.
但是我要回巴黎
四十年前
Come with me, Carles.
跟我来 卡雷斯
Show Manach some of your work.
给曼纳科看看你的作品
Nonell says he has a soft spot for Spaniards.
诺内尔说西班牙人是他的软肋
Well, you be the picador.
你会成为斗牛士
Soften up the bull.
令公牛屈服
And when you've weakened him, I'll come in for the kill.
而在你令它屈服的时候 我会趁机干掉它
I will get it.
灵感会来的
You're onto something, and clearly I am not.
你已经有想法了 显然我什么都想不到
I'm looking for Pablo.
我要找巴勃罗
You must be Pallarés.
你肯定就就是帕亚雷斯吧
I see you've found our tailor.
看来你找到我们的裁缝了
Manuel, I'm so glad you're finally here.
曼努埃尔 很高兴你终于来了
Where were you?
你去哪了
You were supposed to meet me at the station?
你本该和我在车站汇合的
I lost track of the time.
我忘记了时间
I can see why.
看出来了
Pallarés, say hello to Odette.
帕亚雷斯 来见见奥黛特
Enchanté .
你好
Antoinette?
安托瓦妮特
Lovely to meet you.
很高兴认识你
And Germaine.
还有杰曼
We'll make coffee.
我们去弄点咖啡
Friends of Nonell's.
她们都是诺内尔的朋友
They were here when we arrived.
我们到的时候 她们已经在这里
We didn't think it was polite to ask them to leave.
我们觉得叫她们走很不礼貌
No, of course not.
当然不礼貌了
Since Pablo prefers Odette,
既然巴勃罗更喜欢奥黛特
I'll have to satisfy the other two.
我只能满足于另外两人
But I suppose I could find it in my heart to
但我想我心里也能接受
lend you Antoinette.
把安托瓦妮特借给你
Is he serious?
他说真的吗
Welcome to Paris.
欢迎来到巴黎
What do you think?
你觉得怎么样
Spanish painters are as common as mud in Paris these days.
现在巴黎的西班牙画家遍地都是
Very well, then.
那好吧
I will find someone who likes the common touch.
我会去找一个平易近人的人
I'll take three on consignment.
我会拿三幅去寄售
See what I can do.
我会尽力而为
No promises.
但不能打包票
I'll give you 100 francs.
我付你一百法郎
For all three of them.
买下这三张画
I don't know, Berte.
我不知道 贝尔塔
Young Spaniards are all the rage these days.
现在年轻的西班牙人都很义愤填膺
If you had another buyer, you would not have come to me.
如果你有别的买家 你就不会来找我了
Now tell me, what is he like?
告诉我 他长什么样
This, Picasso.
这个毕加索
Small. Intense.
个子不高 难打交道
And exclusive to me, in case you're wondering.
如果你想知道的话 他是我的人
It wasn't easy.
画并不容易卖
But I managed to sell all three.
但是我成功地把三幅画都卖掉了
Quite an achievement.
真是了不起
Considering Spaniards are as common as mud.
鉴于西班牙人遍地都是
After my expenses and commission,
扣除我的开销和佣金
you've earned yourself 50 francs.
你自己赚了五十法郎
Or,
或者
I could give you 150 francs every month.
每个月我都可以给你150法郎
In return, I own everything you produce.
作为交换 你所有的作品都归我所有
Everything?
所有的吗
You keep the stipend whether I sell the work or not.
不管我能否卖出那些作品 薪水都照付给你
The risk is entirely mine.
我来承担全部的风险
This is the way the art business is conducted in Paris, Picasso.
巴黎的艺术品买卖方式就是这样 毕加索
Ask around, it's more than fair.
周围去打听一下 这是再公平不过的交易了
Can you pay in advance?
你能提前支付薪水吗
To Picasso!
敬毕加索
- To Picasso! - Picasso.
-敬毕加索 -敬毕加索
Let's dance.
我们来跳舞吧
煎饼磨坊 舞池 1900年
I am in love with Germaine.
我爱上杰曼了
You're drunk.
你喝醉了
True. But I'm also quite serious.
没错 但是我很认真
I can't paint, I can't sleep.
我画不了画 睡不着觉
I want to marry her.
我想要娶她
Carles, we are not in Spain anymore.
卡雷斯 我们现在不在西班牙了
You don't have to marry a woman or pay her to get her to...
你不需要去一个女人或者付钱让她
I haven't, gotten her to,
我没有 让她
I know, I know, I've-I've boasted,
我知道 我知道 我吹嘘过
but the studio's always so crowded.
但工作室总是人满为患
W-We're never alone.
我们从来没有清净过
There's no one at the studio now.
现在工作室没有人
I can't wait anymore.
我等不了了
I can't.
我等不了了
I...
I'll help you, okay.
我来帮你
I, I, I, I, I mean,
我是说
I, I, I can't.
我不能
Carles...
卡雷斯
I'm sorry...
很抱歉
It's so alive.
它太鲜活了
I can almost smell the smoke, and the perfume.
我几乎可以闻到烟味 和香水味
Didn't I tell you, Arthur?
我没跟你说过吗 亚瑟
He is one of the most exciting young artists
他是如今在巴黎工作的
working in Paris today.
最激动任性的年轻画家之一
How much?
要多少
250 250.
Arthur Huc is one of the most influential collectors in Paris,
亚瑟·赫克是巴黎最有影响力的收藏家之一
and he thought your painting could have been a Degas or Lautrec.
他以为你的画是德加的或者劳特雷克的
前者十九世纪印象派重要画家 后者后印象派画家
You're getting noticed.
有人注意到你了
Yes.
For copying the styles of other painters.
因为我照搬其他画家的风格
It's what sells and I need more.
那才热销 而我需要更多
Don't be so gloomy, Pablo.
不要这么不高兴 巴勃罗
You're going to be famous.
你要出名了
What about Casagemas?
卡萨吉玛斯呢
Have you seen his watercolor of Germaine?
你见过他为杰曼做的水彩画吗
It's-It's,
Show him, Carles.
给他看看 卡雷斯
I'm sure it's charming,
我肯定它很有魅力
but I need more paintings from you, Pablo.
但我需要更多你的画 巴勃罗
Work up some more dancehall scenes.
再画几张舞池场景
亨利·马蒂斯 画家雕塑家版画家 代表作《生活的欢乐》
I see you're an admirer of Matisse.
我发现你是马蒂斯的崇拜者
You think it's derivative.
你觉得这是派生的
Maybe my father was right.
或许我父亲是对的
About what?
什么对了
He wants me to be a lawyer.
他想让我当个律师
What's the point of that if there's no law in the world anymore?
如果世界上都没有了法律还有什么意义呢
Well, I can teach you what I know.
我可以把倾囊相授
The first thing is,
首先
there is no shame in being derivative
如果你刚入门
when you're starting out.
派生的画风没什么好羞耻的
Your friend Matisse is the best.
你的朋友马蒂斯是最棒的
For color.
在色彩上
But if you want to learn how to draw line,
但如果你想要学习画线条
you must study Picasso.
那你就必须学毕加索
Sabartés, I thought you were going to find me some bronze
萨巴特 我以为你会为我的雕像
for my sculptures.
弄一些青铜来
It seems the Nazis have
纳粹显然充公了所有的青铜
confiscated it all to make their shiny bullets.
来打造闪亮的子弹
So, I suppose you couldn't find me any cadmium red either.
所以我觉得你也找不到镉红了
用作上色 涂料
'Cause they need it to paint swastikas.
因为他们要用它来十字标志
No one forced you to stay in Paris.
没有人逼你留在巴黎
I would go back to Spain if that fascist pig wasn't in charge.
要不是那个法西斯猪执政我早就回西班牙了
To see Pallarés in Horta.
去奥尔塔看帕亚雷斯
That was the last time in my life
那是我生命中最后一次
I felt truly free.
感受到真正的自由
Good evening. Is Herr Picasso at home?
晚上好 毕加索先生在家吗
You be careful with that.
你可小心点
Is Herr Rosenberg staying here?
罗森伯格先生在这里吗
No.
不在
Herr Goldstein, perhaps?
那戈尔茨坦先生呢
I told you last time.
我上一次就说了
And the time before.
还有之前那次
Here there is only Picasso.
这里就只有毕加索
So then, you did this?
那么 这是你做的
No. You did.
不 是你
You know what, Picasso,
听着 毕加索
we have been very gracious to you.
我们一直都对你很仁慈
But we could take away everything in this room.
但是我们也可以拿走这房间里的所有东西
And everyone.
和人
I am told your General Muller is an admirer of mine.
听说你的将军穆勒是我的崇拜者
Go ahead. Take me.
随你 带我走吧
You see what happens when he finds out
看看当他发现你拘留了
you arrested the most famous artist in the world.
世界上最有名的艺术家时会怎么做
Perhaps it is you who will disappear.
可能消失的人就会是你
Until next time, Herr Picasso.
下次见了 毕加索先生
It's lovely.
很好看
It's not as lovely as you.
不如你好看
You're so silly.
别傻了
Why? Because I'm in love with you.
为什么 因为我爱你爱得无法自拔
Then I happily declare
那我要高兴地宣布
I am the silliest man in all of Paris!
我是整个巴黎最傻的人
Carles, don't!
卡雷斯 别这样
- I'm going to buy you that necklace. - With what?
-我要为你买下那条项链 -用什么
You haven't got a single centime to your name.
你可是身无分文呢
I'll sell my paintings.
卖掉我的画
The clothes off my back.
和我身上的衣服
I have to go.
我得走了
Germaine, Germaine, wait, wait. Wait.
杰曼 杰曼 等等 等等
I thought we were spending the day together.
我以为今天我们要一起过呢
I'm meeting someone.
我要见个人
Who?
- Carles, you're very sweet... - Who?
-卡雷斯 你很贴心... -谁
But I don't answer to you.
但是我不会对你言听计从的
I'm worried about you.
我很担心你
When was the last time you picked up a brush?
你上次拿起画笔是什么时候
I can't paint.
我无法画画
Not until I know Germaine is mine.
除非我确定杰曼属于我
Lend me some money, Pablo.
借我点钱吧 巴勃罗
- For what? - There is a necklace that she admired.
-做什么用 -有一条她很喜欢的项链
- Carles. - Please, Pablo, please. Please.
-卡雷斯 -拜托 巴勃罗 拜托拜托
- Carles. - Pablo, please.
-卡雷斯 -巴勃罗 拜托
Buy some paints instead.
去买些颜料吧
Thank you. I will pay you back. I will.
谢谢你 我会还你的 我会的
Trust me, Madam.
相信我 女士
Picasso here is the most exciting young painter in Paris.
毕加索是巴黎最令人惊喜的年轻画家
A portrait by him will make you the envy of your friends.
他所画的画像会令您成为朋友欣羡的对象
Can he paint me in the style of Renoir?
他能用雷诺阿风格来画我吗
Picasso can paint in any style you want.
毕加索能用任何你想要的风格画画
Renoir, Lautrec, Degas...
雷诺阿 罗特列克 德加...
Very well then.
很好
As long as he makes me look pretty.
只要他让我看起来是美丽的
I am sorry, Madam.
抱歉 女士
But I'm not nearly talented enough to do that.
我还没有足够的天分做到这一点
Pablo!
巴勃罗
Pablo! Pablo!
巴勃罗 巴勃罗
- Empty your pockets. - What?
-掏空你的口袋 -什么
How much do you have left of your stipend
在被你那帮酒肉朋友
after feeding and housing
吃拿卡要之后
all those bloodsucking friends of yours?
你还剩下多少钱
I didn't come to Paris to paint dancehall scenes.
我来巴黎不是来画舞厅宴会的
And fat cows in the style of Renoir.
也不是来给肥母牛画印象派肖像画的
You need to eat.
但人总要吃饭
And to eat, you need to paint a few cows.
而为了吃上饭 你必须画几头母牛
Hey, save some for the rest of us.
留点给我们
Behold, the incomparable Casagemas.
下面有请 无与伦比的卡萨吉玛斯
Carles...
卡雷斯
Carles
卡雷斯
I bought you something.
我给你买了件东西
I heard a rumor about you, Carles.
我听别人说 卡雷斯
That you put your brush down and now you cannot pick it up again.
你放下画笔后就再也拿不起来了
Well, go ahead. Open it.
快打开看看
I can't accept this, Carles.
我不能接受它 卡雷斯
Why not?
为什么
Because I'm not in love with you.
因为我并不爱你
I can change your mind.
我能改变你的想法
No, you can't.
不 你改不了
Carles.
卡雷斯
- Yes... - Carles, relax. Have a drink.
-我能的 -卡雷斯 放松 来喝一杯
It's the necklace you admired.
这是你看上的项链
Please just let me put it on you.
让我给你戴上吧
No, Carles.
不行 卡雷斯
- No, no. - Please. Why? Why not?
-不行 -求你了 为什么
Because you cannot satisfy me.
因为你满足不了我
I'm sorry, Carles.
对不起 卡雷斯
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
Carles, wait.
等等 卡雷斯
Carles, wait!
等等我
Do you know where I can find something a little stronger?
你知道哪里有更刺激的东西
I heard a rumor about you, Carles, put your brush down,
我听别人说 卡雷斯 你放下画笔后
and now you cannot pick it up again.
就再也拿不起来了
I'm not in love with you.
我不爱你
Because you cannot satisfy me.
因为你满足不了我
Do I actually disgust you that much?
我就这么让你讨厌吗
You should have forgotten about me, Pablo.
你不应该管我的 巴勃罗
You need a warm bath and a strong pot of coffee.
你需要洗个热水澡 再来壶咖啡
That's all.
仅此而已
You think that's going to fix me?
你以为这就会让我好起来吗
Carles.
卡雷斯
I can't pay you what I owe.
我还不上欠你的债
Forget it.
那没什么
I can't paint.
我画不来画了
I-I can't satisfy the woman I love.
我不能满足心爱的女人
What am I going to do, Pablo?
我该怎么办 巴勃罗
What am I going to do?
我到底该怎么办
He'll be fine once he sobers up.
他醒完酒就没事了
He can't stay here.
他不能再呆在这里了
He won't survive it.
他快活不下去了
So? Cable his parents.
给他爹妈发封电报就行了
They will put him on a train.
他们会让他坐火车回去的
Look at him, Manuel. He can't travel by himself.
看看他 曼努埃尔 他没法一个人上路
You can't leave now.
你现在不能离开
Not when you're having so much success.
你才刚闯出些名堂
Painting portraits of society ladies.
不过是为名媛画画肖像
Imitating other artists.
模仿一下其他画家
So? Do something different.
怎么了 那你画点不一样的呗
It's not that simple!
没那么简单
It is! Remember Horta?
那很简单 记得荷尔达吗
You weren't just copying some fancy French painters.
在那里你可没照搬什么法国名画
Because I'd never seen any.
因为我一幅都没看过
Exactly. So you were painting what you saw.
没错 那时你所画的不是亲眼所见
And what you felt.
就是你的亲身体会
So go back to doing that. Something original.
回到那时的状态 画些原创的画
I don't know,
我不知道
I don't know if I can.
我不知道我行不行
So are you leaving now to help Casagemas?
那你现在离开是为了帮卡萨吉玛斯吗
Or are you leaving because you are afraid
还是因为你怕自己
that you can't paint your perfect painting?
画不出完美之作
I need to finish packing.
我要把包打完
At least you'll finish something.
至少你能完成某件事
马拉加 西班牙1901年元旦
Tell us about Paris, Pablito.
给我们说说巴黎 帕伯利托
It must have been so exciting.
一定很令人兴奋
A feast for the eyes, auntie.
简直是视觉盛宴啊 婶婶
You were a great success, I suppose?
你一定很有成就吧
I sold quite a few paintings.
我卖了不少画
How wonderful.
真棒
Look who has come, Salvador.
瞧谁来了 萨尔瓦多
All the way from Paris.
从巴黎远道而来的客人
Happy New Year, Uncle. Ah.
新年快乐 叔叔
This is my friend, Carles Casagemas.
这是我朋友 卡雷斯·卡萨吉玛斯
He's also a painter.
他也是画家
It's an honor, señor.
很荣幸 先生
After the-the noise and glare of Paris,
经历了喧闹光鲜的巴黎
we thought a few weeks by the sea could do us some good.
我们觉得在海边待几周可能有好处
If you're going to stay in my house,
要是你想住在我家里
you're going to need a haircut.
你们得去理发
And a shave.
还得剃胡子
Of course, Uncle.
好的 叔叔
But, after paying for the journey,
不过 支付了旅行费用后
we're a little short of funds.
我们手头有些紧
Buy yourself a respectable suit as well.
给自己买一身得体的衣服吧
Charming fellow, your uncle.
你叔叔真有魅力
To hell with him. And the barber.
让他见鬼去吧 还有理发师
I like our hair the way it is.
我就喜欢我们现在的头发
So, what are we going to do with all that money?
那我们要用那些钱干什么呢
I have an idea.
我有个主意
I need you to take special care of my friend.
我要你给我朋友提供特殊照顾
He's just had his heart broken.
他刚被人伤了心
Whoever she is, I'll make you forget her.
不管她是谁 我都会让你忘了她
Don't, don't...
别 别
don't waste your time.
别浪费时间了
Well?
怎么样
Well, you were right, my friend.
你说得没错 我的朋友
Much more enjoyable than a haircut.
这比理发可愉悦多了
面包店
纳粹占领了巴黎1943年
Show your ration card!
出示你的配给卡
Only one loaf, today!
今天只有一条面包
So what would you like for dinner tonight?
今晚想吃什么
Maybe some cheese with some soup.
来点奶酪配汤如何
What is it, darling?
怎么了 亲爱的
Come on. Come on, Cherie.
走吧 走吧 亲爱的
Well, that should be enough coal to last
这些煤应该足够
until the end of the week.
撑到下周了
I'm sorry I couldn't come sooner. But with the curfew and...
抱歉我没能早点来 但有宵禁而且...
It's all right.
没关系
We've just missed you.
我们只是想你了
Haven't we, Maya?
对吧 玛雅
And for you, princesa,
这个给你 小公主
a special treat.
特别礼物
Pablo. She,
巴勃罗 她
she saw two dead resistance fighters today.
她今天看见两个死了的抵抗战士
Hanging from ropes.
吊在绳子上
You have a pair of scissors?
你有剪刀吗
Uh, yes.
You did it!
你做到了
Look. Pretty. Isn't she?
看 她是不是很漂亮
you should meet her friends.
你应该见见她的朋友
Take it.
拿着
Eat your apple.
把苹果吃了吧
Stay the night.
在这过夜吧
No, I can't.
不行
Because you are going to see her.
因为你要去见她
Because I must work.
因为我必须要工作
The Nazis won't even let you show your art.
纳粹是不会让你展示你的作品的
I know but, uh, they cannot stop me from making it.
我知道 但是 他们阻止不了我的创作
Good night.
晚安
Well hello, little paloma.
你好 小鸽子
Have you come to visit me?
你是来看我的吗
There is fighting in the street.
街上有人打仗
I was nearly killed by a stray bullet.
我差点被流弹害了命
Topics such as this no longer matter.
这类的话题已经不重要了
You promised me.
你答应过我
But you know very well I have tried everything.
但你也很清楚我已经尽全力了
Oh, you could petition the courts again.
你又可以向法院请愿了
You are an important man.
你是个重要的人
I'm also an old man.
我也是个老头了
What would be the point of marrying you now?
现在娶你有什么意义
Maya is eight years old.
玛雅八岁了
She wants to know why her papa doesn't eat with us...
她想知道为什么她爸爸不跟我们一起吃饭
Sorry, mademoiselle, but he is not,
抱歉 小姐 但是他不
mademoiselle, you cannot...
小姐 你不能
Why is she here? Get out.
她怎么来了 出去
Mademoiselles, please.
小姐 请
Why is she here, Pablo?
她为什么在这 巴勃罗
Dora,
多拉
you know very well...
你很清楚
that Marie-Therese
玛丽·德瑞丝
is the only woman I love.
是我唯一爱的女人
Pablo...
巴勃罗
You heard Pablo.
你听见他说的了
You may leave now.
你可以离开了
Pablo...
巴勃罗
Go. I will you take home.
走吧 我送你回家
I knew you'd choose me.
我就知道你会选我
You can go, too.
你也可以走了
But...
但是
Yeah, I need to be alone, now.
我现在需要一个人静静
So, you are finished with Dora.
你跟多拉结束了
Of course not.
当然不会
And Marie-Therese?
玛丽·德瑞丝呢
I love Marie-Therese.
我爱玛丽·德瑞丝
She's,
kind and soft and she does everything I want her to.
善良 温润 对我言听计从
And I love Dora because she's,
我爱多拉是因为她
brilliant...
才华横溢
Talented.
天赋异禀
And yet you treat them so cruelly.
可你对她们如此残酷
I can't remember the last time
我记不得上一次
either of them made me want to pick up a brush.
她们让我有想要拿起画笔的冲动是什么时候了
Or the last time I made a picture worth looking at.
或者上一次我画出值得一看的画是什么时候了
I need something new.
我需要新鲜的事物
西班牙 马拉加1901年
Ole! Ole!
加油 加油
he's all right. He's not hurt.
他没事 他没受伤
My father had a friend who used to say,
我父亲有个朋友以前总说
it was every Spanish man's paradise.
那是每个西班牙男人的天堂
Bullfight in the morning.
早晨看斗牛
Bar in the afternoon.
下午泡酒吧
Whorehouse at night.
晚上逛妓院
Wise man, your father's friends.
你父亲的朋友们 真是聪明人啊
After he took me here the first time, I painted.
第一次他带我来这里后 我就画了幅画
All in reds and golds.
全是红色和金色的
It was a terrible picture.
画得很烂
But my mother,
但我母亲
she thought it was a masterpiece.
她觉得那简直是杰作
But you haven't painted anything since we arrived in Málaga.
但我们到马拉加后你再也没画过
I'd rather make trouble with you.
我宁愿和你一起惹是生非
'Cause you're trying to help me forget about Germaine,
因为你想帮我忘记杰曼
or because you're avoiding work?
还是因为你在逃避工作
Well, it's time for you to pick up a brush.
你是时候重拾画笔了
And for me to go.
我呢 也该走了
- Carles... - You've worked a miracle, Pablo.
-卡雷斯 -你有如妙手回春巴勃罗
I feel better than I have in months.
我感觉比前几个月好多了
You cannot go back to Paris.
你不能回巴黎
No, no, don't worry.
不会不会 别担心
I-I'm going back to Barcelona.
我要回巴塞罗纳
To stay with my parents.
和我父母一起
You came.
你来了
You look well.
你看上去很好啊
you look beautiful.
你很漂亮
I am sorry I embarrassed you.
我很抱歉我羞辱了你
And I really wanted to come and meet you...
我真的很想过来见你
No, it-it doesn't matter anymore...
没事 这都不重要了
You must know I am with someone else now.
你得知道我现在和别人在一起了
So we cannot be more than friends.
所以我们只能做朋友
I hope you can understand that.
我希望你能理解
I'm happy for you.
我为你开心
Really?
真的吗
We should get the circus together.
我们该一起去看马戏
Have dinner, celebrate my triumphant return to Paris.
共进晚餐 庆祝我顺利返回巴黎
Wonderful.
太好了
艺术无限
Picasso.
毕加索
Is that what you're calling yourself now?
你现在就这么自称的吗
Because you're ashamed of your father's name?
因为你觉得父姓见不得人
- My name? - Of course not, Uncle.
-还是我的名字 -当然不是叔叔
And you expect me to give you money
你还指望我给你钱
to make these obscene journals?
去做这些淫秽刊物
It's not obscene. And it's not a gift.
这不淫秽 这钱也不是馈赠
It-It's an investment.
这是投资
Pablo. You used to make beautiful paintings.
巴勃罗 你以前的绘画都很美妙
And now you what?
但你现在呢
A caricaturist?
漫画家
Don't squander your talent, Pablo.
别浪费你的天赋 巴勃罗
Alain Cuny is the most talented actor alive
阿兰·盖音是当今最有才的演员
巴黎 1943
and he just invited me to dinner.
他刚邀请我共进晚餐
How did you manage that?
你怎么做到的
I waited for him backstage after his matinee.
午后场结束后我在后台等他
He thought it was very charming.
他觉得这样很可爱
And he offered to take me to the Catalan.
他还请我去见加泰罗尼亚人
The Catalan, Francoise!
那个加泰罗尼亚人 弗朗索瓦丝
he probably just wants to take you to bed.
他可能只是想睡你
I certainly hope so.
我当然希望如此
He must be 40. He's probably married.
他肯定有四十了 还可能结婚了
So? He's famous and handsome.
又怎样 他很有名 又很帅
But I can't go alone.
但我不能一个人去
You must come with me.
你得和我一起来
No. There's too much to do here if we're going to be ready.
不行 我们有好多事情需要准备
The Catalan buys oysters on the black market.
加泰罗尼亚人在黑市上买了生蚝
When was the last time you had oysters?
你上次吃生蚝是什么时候
And champagne?
香槟呢
She's his mistress?
她是他的情妇
One of them.
情妇之一
How many does he have?
他有多少情妇
How many women has he painted?
他画过多少女人
To art!
敬艺术
To art!
敬艺术
And to love!
敬爱
Two endeavors at which I have failed miserably.
这两样面前我一败涂地
Oh, Carles. Don't say that.
卡雷斯 别这么说
Here, Germaine.
这里 杰曼
Please.
Would you read this for me, please?
能麻烦你给我念念吗
The chief of police and your mother,
警察局长 你的母亲
why would you...
你为什么会
One for you...
给你一个
What the hell are you doing?
你在干什么
And one for me.
给我一个
Carles, no!
卡雷斯 不要
It was horrible.
太可怕了
The blood. The brains, everywhere.
遍地都是鲜血 脑浆
It is my fault.
这是我的错
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
I never should have believed him.
我根本就不该相信他
I shouldn't have let him leave, or I should've gone with him.
我不应该让他走的 我本应该跟他一起走的
How are you supposed to know?
你怎么会知道
God. God punished me again.
上帝 上帝又惩罚我了
Because I wasn't painting.
因为我没有作画
Jesus Christ. Pablo.
天啊 巴勃罗
Do you really believe that God is killing people
你真的相信上帝会因为
because the great Picasso didn't paint
伟大的毕加索今天没有画出他的杰作
another one of his masterpieces today?
而随便杀人吗
Where are you going?
你要去哪里
He's coming over.
他要来了
Do you like cherries?
你喜欢樱桃吗
That's very kind, Monsieur Picasso.
你人真好 毕加索先生
Won't you join us?
你要加入我们吗
I-I'm afraid I can't.
恐怕不能
But I would very much like to meet your dinner companions.
但我很想认识你的晚餐女伴们
Ah, well.
好吧
Francoise is-is the intellectual.
弗朗索瓦丝是智慧的那个
And Genevieve is the great beauty.
吉纳维芙是绝世美人
Doesn't she resemble a Caravaggio?
她不正象征着卡拉瓦乔
意大利画家 对巴洛克画派下形成产生重要影响
Tell me about the intellectual one here.
跟我说说智慧的那个
Francoise is a virtuous woman, I'm afraid.
弗朗索瓦丝是个高尚的女人
Ah, but not for religious reasons.
但不是为了宗教信仰
Her objections to lovemaking
她不喜欢做爱
are based entirely on Platonic ideals.
是基于柏拉图的理念
And how do they pass the time,
所以她们平时喜欢干什么
your Caravaggio and your Platonic philosopher?
你的卡拉瓦乔和柏拉图哲学家
We're artists, actually.
我们其实是艺术家
you certainly don't look like any artists I have ever met.
你跟我见过的画家完全不同
Well, for your information,
就想让你知道
Monsieur, we're having a joint exhibition of
先生 我们在一家很有声望的画廊举办一个
drawings and paintings at a very well-respected gallery.
素描和绘画的联合展出
Rue Boissy-d'Anglas.
布瓦西-丹格拉斯街
Well, I am, I'm also an artist.
我也是一名艺术家
Are you really?
真的吗
You must come and visit me some time.
你有时间一定要来看我
To see some of my work.
看看我的一些作品
You are going to paint her, aren't you?
你要画她 是吧