傲慢与偏见 Pride and Prejudice 第1集: Episode 1

上映日期: 1,995

语言: 英语

影片类型: 剧情 / 爱情

导演: 西蒙·兰顿

演员: 科林·费尔斯 / 詹妮弗·艾莉 / 戴维·鲍姆伯 / 苏珊娜·哈克 / 茱莉亚·莎华拉 / 艾莉森·斯戴曼 / 本杰明·惠特罗 / 克里斯平 伯汉姆-卡特 / 露西·布莱尔斯 / 波丽·麦伯利 / 乔


台词
--==本影片由 CMCT 团队 荣誉出品==--更多精彩影视 请访问 http://cmct.cc
- It's a fair prospect. - Pretty enough, I grant you.
- 这里风景优美 - 的确是 我同意
It's nothing to Pemberley, I know.
这跟彭伯里比没什么 我知道
But I must settle somewhere. Have I your approval?
但我得在某个地方定居下来 你赞成吗
You'll find the society something savage.
你会发现这个社会有野蛮的一面
Country manners? I think they're charming.
乡村风情? 我认为这很迷人
- Then you'd better take it. - Thank you, I shall.
- 那你还是住下吧 - 谢谢 我是应该的
I shall close with the attorney directly.
我应该直接和律师联系
I want to wear it today.Look what you've done to it!
我今天想戴它的 看看你都对它做了什么
Mamma, mamma!
妈妈 妈妈
Lydia has torn up my bonnet and says she will wear it to church.
莉迪亚把我的帽子弄坏了 还说要戴着它到教堂里去
Tell her she shall not!
跟她说她不能这样!
I shall wear it, for it's all my own work.
这是我应该的 因为这都是凭我的巧手做出来的
She'd be a fright in it. She's too plain to look well in it!
她戴着就太恐怖了 她太平凡了 戴不出这顶帽子的味道
- No, you shall not have it!- Lydia! Kitty! Girls!
不 你不能戴它! 莉迪亚! 吉蒂! 姑娘们!
Would you tear my nerves into shreds? Let her have it, Kitty.
你们要把我的神经撕碎吗? 让她戴着吧 吉蒂
But it's mine! You let her have everything that is mine!
但那是我的! 你总让她得到我的所有东西!
Oh, what is to become of us all?
噢 我们这是怎么了?
Jane, Lizzy, where are you?
简 丽斯(伊丽莎白的小名)你们在哪?
- Here, mamma.- Coming, mamma.
这里 妈妈 来了 妈妈
My dear! Mr Bennet! Wonderful news!
亲爱的! 班纳特先生! 巨大喜讯!
- Netherfield Park is let at last! - Is it?
尼日斐花园终于租出去了! 是吗?
Yes, it is, for I have just had it from Mrs Long.
是的 我刚从郎格太太那里听回来的
Do you not want to know who's taken it?
你不想知道谁租了吗?
???I have no objection to hearing it.
如果你要说 我不反对听
It is taken by a young man of large fortune from the north of England.
它是被一位从英格兰北部来的年轻阔少租下的
A single man of large fortune, my dear.
一个有钱的单身汉 亲爱的
He came down on Monday to see the place.
他星期一的时候来看过房子
His name is Bingley and he will be in possession by Michaelmas.
他叫宾利 他会在米迦勒节前搬进来
And he has 5,000 a year!
他一年有五千英镑!
What a fine thing for our girls!
这对我们的女儿们来说是多么好啊!
How so? How can it affect them?
为什么呢? 这对她们有什么影响?
Mr Bennet, why are you so tiresome?
班纳特先生 你怎么这么烦?
You know that I'm thinking of his marrying one of them.
你明知道我在想他会娶她们中的一个
For a single man with a good fortune must be in want of a wife.
凡是有钱的单身汉 总想娶位太太
Yes, he must indeed!
对 他肯定是这样想的!
And who better than one of our five girls?
还会有什么比从我们五个宝贝女儿里选一个好呢?
Lydia!
莉迪亚!
- What a fine joke if he chose me! - Or me!
如果他选了我那该多好笑啊! 又或者我!
So that is his design in settling here?
所以呢 他是处心积虑要住这里的吗?
To marry one of our daughters?
就为了娶我们其中一个女儿?
''Design''? How can you talk such nonsense?
"处心积虑?" 你怎么这么无理取闹?
But he may fall in love with one of them.
但他有可能会爱上她们其中一个
Therefore you must visit him directly he comes.
所以等他来了你必须立即拜访他
No, no, I see no occasion for that.
不 不 这不是我的份内事
- Mr Bennet!- Go yourself with the girls.
班纳特先生! 你亲自跟女儿们一起去吧
- Still better, send them by themselves. - By themselves?!
或者更好一点 让她们自动送上门 自动送上门?!
Aye, for you're as handsome as any of them.
还有 因为你跟她们一样漂亮
Mr Bingley might like you best of the party.
宾利先生很有可能会最喜欢你
Lydia...
莉迪亚…
Hill!
希尔!
Oh, Hill!
噢 希尔!
Hill, I am so distressed!
希尔 我真伤心!
Mr Bennet says he will not visit Mr Bingley when he comes.
班纳特先生说宾利先生来的时候他不会去拜访他
- There, there. - Can't you reason with him?
亲爱的 亲爱的 你就不能跟他讲讲理吗?
- I daresay it'll all be well. - No, it will not!
我敢说一切都会很好的 不 不会的!
- For he is bent on ruining us all. - Mamma, he's teasing you.
因为他很乐意毁掉我们所有人 妈妈 他只是在逗你
He will call on Mr Bingley. He calls on any new neighbour.
他会去拜访宾利先生的 他一向都会拜访新邻居们
Jane, how can you say that? You heard him!
简 你怎么还能这样说呢? 你听到他刚才怎么说的了!
- You know your father has a will of iron. - You're in the right, my dear.
你知道你父亲老是讽刺人 你太对了 亲爱的
I'll tell you what I'll do. I shall write to Mr Bingley,
我会跟你说我要怎么做 我应该给宾利先生写信
informing him that I have five daughters, and he is welcome to any of them.
通知他我有五个女儿 很乐意让他从中挑选
They're all silly and ignorant, like other girls.
她们都既愚蠢又无知 就像其他女孩一样
Well, Lizzy has more wit than the rest.
丽斯比其她的多一点智慧
But he may prefer a stupid wife,
但他可能还是想要个傻妻子
as others have done before him.
就像其他赶在他之前娶了个傻妻子的家伙一样
There, will that do?
亲爱的 这样如何?
No! I beg you will not write if you...
不! 我恳求你千万不要写 如果你…
You take delight in vexing me!
你总是觉得惹恼我很开心!
You have no compassion on my poor nerves!
你一点都不同情我可怜的神经!
You mistake me. I have a high respect for your nerves.
你误解我了 我对你的神经有着崇高的敬意
They've been my old friends for 20 years.
它们和我做了至少二十年的好朋友
- You don't know what I suffer. - Well, I hope you'll get over it,
你根本不知道我的痛苦 那 我希望你能顺利克服
and live to see many young men of 5,000 a year move here.
并且能活着看到更多赚五千英镑一年的家伙搬来这里
It's no use if 20 such should come, since you won't visit them.
如果你不去拜访他们 他们来二十个也没有用
Depend upon it, my dear. When there are 20,
依你所言 亲爱的 如果真来了二十个
I'll visit them all.
我会拜访他们所有人
You see, Jane? He won't be prevailed upon.
你看到了吧 简? 他不会罢休的
He'll see us all ruined.
他会看着我们所有人被毁
If only we'd been able to have sons!
如果我们有儿子多好!
Misfortunes, we are told, are sent to test our fortitude,
我们被告知 不幸 是来测试我们的坚韧的
and may often reveal themselves as blessings in disguise.
而且通常 它们会以祝福为伪装显露自己
Lord, I'm so hungry!
天哪 我肚子真饿!
If I could love a man who would love me enough to take me for 50 pounds a year,
如果我可以与一个愿意每年给我五十英镑的人相爱
I should be very well pleased.
我会很高兴的
Yes.
But such a man could hardly be sensible
但这样的男人肯定不理智
and I could never love a man who was out of his wits.
而我不可能会爱上一个没有智慧的男人
Oh, Lizzy.
噢 丽斯
A marriage... where either partner cannot love nor respect the other,
婚姻… 如果其中一方不能爱或者尊重另外一方
that cannot be agreeable... to either party.
那这段婚姻不会愉快… 对任何一方而言
As we have daily proof.
证据每天都在我们身边
But beggars, you know, cannot be choosers.
但乞讨者们 你知道 是不能当选择者的
We're not very poor, Lizzy.
我们并没那么穷 丽斯
With father's estate withheld from the female line,
当父亲的财产无法留给女儿们
we have only our charms.
我们就穷得只剩我们自身的魅力了
One of us at least will have to marry very well.
至少我们其中一个要嫁得很好
And since you're five times as pretty as the rest of us,
而由于你比我们其余几个漂亮五倍
and have the sweetest disposition, the task will fall on you.
还有如此迷人的品质 恐怕这个重担要落在你身上了
But, Lizzy...
但 丽斯
I would wish...
我会希望…
I should so much like... to marry for love.
我多么希望…可以为爱结婚
And so you shall, I'm sure.
所以你也应该会这样 我坚信
Only take care you fall in love with a man of good fortune.
只是要提防不要爱上一个有钱人
Well, I shall try. To please you.
我应该试试的 为了让你满意
And you?
那你呢?
I am determined that only the deepest love will induce me into matrimony.
我决意 只有最深最深的爱才能把我引向婚姻
So... I shall end an old maid,
所以 我会变成一个老处女
and teach your 10 children to embroider cushions and play their instruments very ill.
教你的十个孩子绣枕头 很惆怅地玩他们的乐器
- Good night, mamma. - My head is very ill tonight.
晚安 妈妈 我今晚很头痛
I said, I wouldn't dance with him
我是说 我不会跟他跳舞
if he was the last man in Meryton!
即使他是麦里屯的最后一个男人
- Good night, Lydia. Good night, Kitty. - Good night, Lizzy!
晚安 莉迪亚 晚安 吉蒂 晚安 丽斯!
Lizzy!
丽斯!
Wait till you hear our news!
等着听我们的消息吧!
- Mr Bingley has come! - Sir William Lucas called on him!
宾利先生来了! 威廉·卢卡斯爵士拜访了他!
- Save your breath. I will tell mamma. - I don't wish to know.
你省口气吧 我会跟妈妈说 我不想知道
Why care for Mr Bingley?
为什么要关心宾利先生呢?
We'll never be acquainted with him.
我们永远不会跟他熟起来了!
But, mamma!
但是 妈妈!
Don't keep coughing so, Kitty! Have a little compassion on my nerves.
不要再咳了 吉蒂! 可怜一下我的神经吧
- I don't cough for my own amusement. - 40 servants, and he's very handsome.
我又不是为了好玩才咳的 40名仆人 还有 他很英俊
- He declared that he loves to dance! - He said he'd come to the next ball!
他宣称他爱极了跳舞! 他说他会参加下一个舞会!
- At the Assembly Rooms! - On Saturday!
在会客室! 就在星期六!
- With six ladies and four gentlemen. - It was 12 ladies and seven gentlemen.
还带了六位女士和四位绅士是十二位女士和七位绅士
- Too many ladies. - Lydia, I beg you would stop!
太多女士了 莉迪亚 我求你不要说了!
We will never know Mr Bingley
我们永远不会认识宾利先生
and it pains me to hear of him.
让我听说他的事真是太痛苦了
- But mamma! - I'm sick of Mr Bingley!
但妈妈! 我讨厌宾利先生!
I'm sorry to hear that.
很抱歉听到你这样说
If I'd known as much this morning, I should never have called on him.
如果我今天早上就知道是这样 我就不会去拜访他了
You have called on him?!
你去拜访他了?!
I'm afraid we cannot escape the acquaintance now.
我想我们现在没法避开这个人了
My dear Mr Bennet! How good you are to us.
我亲爱的班纳特先生! 你对我们真好
- Well, well. - Girls, girls, is he not a good father?
好 好 女儿们 女儿们 他不是个很好的父亲吗?
And never to tell us! What a good joke!
他还从不告诉我们! 多好笑的一个笑话啊!
And now you shall all dance with Mr Bingley!
现在你们都可以跟宾利先生跳舞了!
I hope he has a strong constitution!
我希望他身体够强壮!
And a fondness for silly young women.
还有 会喜欢愚蠢的年轻女孩子
My dear Mr Bennet,
我亲爱的班纳特先生
nothing you say shall ever vex me again.
无论你说什么都不会再惹恼我了
I'm sorry to hear it. Well, Kitty.
很遗憾听到这样的话 好了 吉蒂
I think you may cough as much as you choose now.
我想你可以尽情地咳嗽了
Shall we be quite safe here, Mr Darcy?
我们在这里会平安吗 达西先生?
Damned silly way to spend an evening.
真是一个消磨夜晚的愚蠢方式
Mr Bingley!
宾利先生!
Allow me the pleasure of welcoming you to our little assembly.
请允许我有这个荣耀欢迎你们来到这个小小的聚会
Sir William, I am very glad to see you.
威廉爵士很高兴看到你
There's nothing that I love better than a country dance.
再没有比乡村舞蹈更令我喜爱的东西了
- Do you know who the two ladies are?
你知道那两位女士是谁吗?
- Mr Bingley's sisters, I understand.
宾利先生的姐妹 据我所知
One is married to that gentleman, Mr Hurst.
一个嫁给了那位绅士赫斯脱先生
- The taller gentleman? - No, the other.
那位高点的绅士? 不 另一位
Better and better!
有过之而无不及啊!
Very elegant.
非常高贵
Better pleased with themselves than what they see, I think.
相比他们看到的 他们可能更满意自己 我想
Lizzy! Jane! Come here!
丽斯! 简! 来吧!
You see that gentleman?
你看到那位绅士了吗?
Lady Lucas says he is Mr Bingley's oldest friend.
卢卡斯女士说他是宾利先生最好的朋友
His name is Darcy and he has a mighty fortune
他的名字是达西 他有一笔巨大的财产
and a great estate in Derbyshire.
和位于德比郡的一份极好的地产
Bingley's wealth is nothing to his!
宾利的财产跟他的比简直算不了什么!
10,000 a year! At least!
一年一万英镑! 至少!
Don't you think he's the handsomest man you've ever seen, girls?
你们不认为他是你们见过最英俊的男人了吗 女孩们?
I wonder if he'd be as handsome if he weren't so rich.
我在想如果他没那么有钱 他还会不会那么英俊
Oh, Lizzy! They're coming over. Smile, girls! Smile!
噢 丽斯! 他们过来了 微笑 女孩们! 微笑!
Mrs Bennet.
班纳特太太
Mr Bingley would want to become acquainted with you and your daughters.
宾利先生想认识你和你的女儿们
Sir, that is very good of you.
先生 你真是太友好了
This is Jane, my eldest.
这是简 我的大女儿
And Elizabeth. And Mary sits over there.
还有伊丽莎白 玛丽在那边坐着
And Kitty and Lydia, my youngest,
吉蒂和莉迪亚 我最小的两个女儿
you see there dancing.
你可以看到她们在那边跳舞
- Do you like to dance yourself?
你自己本身喜欢跳舞吗?
- There is nothing I love better, madam.
再没比这更能令我喜爱了 夫人
If Miss Bennet is not otherwise engaged,
如果班纳特小姐还没舞伴
may I be so bold as to claim the next two dances?
我能否冒昧请你跳接下来的两支舞?
- I am not engaged, sir. - Good.
我没有舞伴 先生 好
You do us great honour, sir.
你赐给我们极大的荣誉 先生
Thank the gentleman, Jane.
谢谢这位绅士吧 简
Mamma.
妈妈
And you, sir? Are you fond of dancing, too?
你呢 先生? 你也喜欢跳舞吗?
Oh, I beg your pardon. Mrs Bennet,
噢 请原谅 班纳特太太
may I present my friend, Mr Darcy?
我能否向你介绍我的朋友 达西先生?
You are very welcome to Hertfordshire I am sure, sir.
非常欢迎来到哈福德郡 我敢保证 先生
I hope you have come here eager to dance, as your friend has?
我想你来到这里也很渴望跳舞 正如你的朋友一样吧?
Thank you, madam. I rarely dance.
谢谢 夫人 我很少跳舞
Let this be one of the occasions, sir,
那就让这变成你跳舞的其中一个场合吧 先生
for I wager you'll not easily find such lively music
因为我敢说你无法轻易找到如此生动的音乐
or such pretty partners.
或者这么漂亮的舞伴
Pray, excuse me, ma'am.
不好意思 女士们
Well! Did you ever meet such a proud disagreeable man!
你有没见过这样一个傲慢无礼的男人!
- He will hear you. - I don't care if he does.
他会听见的 我才不管呢
And his friend disposed to be so agreeable and everything charming.
他的朋友是多么的使人愉快而十全十美
Who is he to think himself so far above his company?
他以为他哪点比他的同伴好了?
The very rich can afford
有钱人不管去到哪里
to give offence wherever they go.
总能承受得起他们因为傲慢惹下的祸
- We need not care for his good opinion. - No, indeed!
我们不需要他的好想法 不 确实不需要!
Perhaps he's not so very handsome after all?
或许他已经没那么英俊了?
No, indeed! Quite ill-favoured.
不 确实不! 很不讨人喜欢了
Certainly nothing at all to Mr Bingley!
跟宾利先生比当然不算什么!
I'll show them!
我会跳给他们看!
I wonder at Kitty and Lydia, that they are so fond of dancing.
我真怀疑为什么吉蒂和莉迪亚那么喜欢跳舞
I take little pleasure in a ball.
我在舞会上几乎享受不到任何乐趣
I would take pleasure, if there were enough partners as agreeable as Jane's.
如果这里有够多像简那位那么讨人喜欢的舞伴
I would take pleasure, if there were enough partners as agreeable as Jane's.
我会很享受的
I believe the rewards of observation and reflection are much greater.
我相信远观与思量会更好
Yes, when there are none others to be had.
对 当再没有别的事可以做
We shall have to be philosophers, Mary.
我们一定能变成哲学家了 玛丽
Come, Darcy, I must have you dance!
来吧 达西 我一定要让你跳舞!
I must. I hate to see you standing about in this stupid manner!
我一定要 我不想看到你用这种愚蠢的方式到处站站!
You had much better dance!
你最好还是跳舞吧!
I certainly shall not. At an assembly such as this? It would be insupportable.
我当然不会 在这样一个聚会? 真是无法忍受
Your sisters are engaged.
你的姐妹们有舞伴了
You know it would punish me to stand up with any other woman.
你知道我跟其他女士站在一起会是种惩罚
Good God, Darcy! I wouldn't be as fastidious as you are for a kingdom!
天哪 达西! 在一个王国面前我不会像你那么挑剔!
Upon my honour,
很荣幸地说
I never met so many pleasant girls in my life!
我生命中从来没见过这么多令人愉快的女士!
Several of them uncommonly pretty.
她们其中几个真是非同一般的美丽
You have been dancing with the only handsome girl in the room.
你已经跟这个房间里唯一一个美丽的女士跳舞了
Darcy, she is the most beautiful creature I ever beheld.
达西 她是我见过的最美丽的尤物了
Look, look!
看 看!
There's one of her sisters.She's very pretty too.
那是她的其中一个妹妹 她也很漂亮
I daresay very agreeable.
我敢说她很讨人喜欢
She's tolerable, I suppose,but not handsome enough to tempt me.
她还能忍受 我想 但没有漂亮到能吸引我
I'm in no humour to consider young ladies who are slighted by other men.
我没有心思恭维那些被其他男人忽视的年轻女士
Go back to your partner. Enjoy her smiles.
还是回到你的舞伴身边吧 享受她的微笑
You're wasting your time on me.
你这是在我身上浪费时间
Jane was so admired!
简是如此受青睐!
There was nothing like it!
没有能跟这比的了!
- Oh, Lord! I'm so fagged! - Lydia and I danced every dance.
噢 天哪! 我累坏了! 莉迪亚和我跳了每一支舞
And Mary none!
玛丽一支也没跳!
And Mr Bingley favoured Jane above every other girl.
在所有女孩中宾利先生最喜欢简
For he danced the first two with her,
因为他跟她跳了头两支舞
and then the next with Charlotte Lucas, which vexed me greatly,
然后他跟夏绿蒂·卢卡斯跳了 这让我很愤怒
but lo, there in the very next nothing would please him but to stand up with Jane again.
但看 没有比与简站在一起更能让他愉悦的事情了
And then he danced with Lizzy, and what do you think he did next?
然后他跟丽斯跳了 然后你知道他接下来干什么吗?
Enough, madam! For God's sake! Let's hear no more of his partners!
够了 夫人! 上帝啊! 我们不要再数他的舞伴了!
Would he had sprained his ankle in the first dance!
真希望他在第一支舞就扭伤了脚踝!
And his sisters! Oh, such charming women!
还有他的姐妹们! 噢 多迷人的女士们啊!
So elegant and obliging! I wish you had seen them.
如此高贵又亲切! 真希望你有见到她们
- The lace on Mrs Hurst's gown...
赫斯脱太太大衣上的蕾丝…
- No lace, Mrs Bennet, I beg you.
别提蕾丝别提蕾丝班纳特太太 我求你了
But the man he brought with him!
但跟他一起的那个男人!
'Mr Darcy', as he calls himself,
"达西先生" 他是这样叫自己的
is not worth our concern, though he may be the richest man in Derbyshire.
他不值得我们关心 尽管他可能是德比郡最富有的人
The proudest, the most horrid, disobliging...
最傲慢 最讨厌 最刻薄的…
He slighted poor Lizzy, and flatly refused to stand up with her.
他冷落可怜的丽斯 拒绝与她站在一起
Slighted my Lizzy, did he?
冷落我的丽斯 是吗?
I didn't care for him either, so it's of little matter.
我也不在乎他 所以没关系
Another time, Lizzy, I would not dance with him if he should ask you.
下一次 丽斯 如果他邀请你跳舞 不要跟他跳
I believe, ma'am, I may safely promise you never to dance with Mr Darcy.
我知道 妈妈 我可以担保我不会跟达西先生跳舞
So none of the Hertfordshire ladies could please you,
所以 哈福德郡没有一名女士能令你满意是吗
Mr Darcy?
达西先生?
Not even the famous Miss Bennets?
即使是最有名的班纳特家的小姐们?
I never met with pleasanter people or prettier girls!
我从没见过更友好的人们或者更美丽的小姐们!
You astonish me. I saw little beauty,
你吓到我了 我几乎没看到美丽
and no breeding at all.
而且完全看不到教养
The eldest Miss Bennet is, I grant you, very pretty.
班纳特家的大小姐 我同意你的观点 是很漂亮
A fine concession! Admit it, she's an angel!
真是个极大的让步! 承认吧 她是个天使!
- She smiles too much. - Jane Bennet is a sweet girl.
她笑得太多了 简·班纳特是个甜美的女孩
But the mother!
但那位母亲!
I heard Eliza Bennet described as a famous local beauty.
我听说伊丽莎白·班纳特是本地有名的一位美人
- What do you say to that, Mr Darcy?
你怎么想 达西先生?
- I should as soon call her mother a wit.
我不得不说她的母亲是个巫婆
That's too cruel!
太刻薄了!
I don't understand why you go through the world
我不明白为什么你走遍全世界
determined to be displeased with everything and everyone.
却决意不为任何事任何人所动
I will never understand
我永远不会明白
why you approve of everything and everyone you meet.
为什么你会欣赏你所遇到的任何人任何事
You shall not make me think ill of Miss Bennet.
你这样不会让我讨厌班纳特小姐的
Indeed he shall not!
当然他不会!
I shall dare his disapproval and declare she is a dear sweet girl,
我敢说他会反驳并宣称她是位可人儿
despite her unfortunate relations, and I should not be sorry to know her better!
勿论她可怜的亲戚 我倒是很乐意去深入了解她!
No, nor I! You see, Mr Darcy, we are not afraid of you.
是的 我也是! 你知道 达西先生 我们不害怕你
I would not have you so.
我不会令你们这样想
What? Aye, very true. Damned tedious waste of an evening.
什么? 哎 太对了 真是单调乏味的一个晚上
He's just what a young man ought to be.
他真具备了一名年轻绅士应有的素质
Sensible, lively, and I never saw such happy manners!
理智 活泼 我从没见过如此恰如其分的礼貌!
Handsome too, which a young man ought to be if he possibly can.
也很英俊一个年轻男人必备的
He seems to like you very much, which shows good judgement.
他似乎很喜欢你 平心而论
You may like him. You've liked many a stupider person.
你会喜欢他 你已经喜欢过很多笨家伙了
Dear Lizzy!
亲爱的丽斯!
He could be happier in his choice of sisters and friends.
如果他能重新选择一下姐妹们和朋友们会更好
- But the sisters he cannot help. - Did you not like them?
但姐妹们是无法选择的 你不喜欢她们吗?
Not at all. Their manners are quite different from his.
一点也不 她们的举止跟他的太不同了
At first, perhaps, but after a while they were pleasing.
一开始也许是 但一会儿后她们变得很友好了
Miss Bingley is to keep house. They will be very charming neighbours.
宾利小姐是当家的 他们会是非常迷人的邻居
- One of them maybe. - No, Lizzy, I'm sure you're wrong.
可能只有一个是 不 丽斯 我相信你是错的
Even Mr Darcy may improve on closer acquaintance.
即使是达西先生也可能对更亲密的朋友更好一点
Will he be in humour to consider young ladies who are slighted by other men?
他会恭维那些被其他男人冷落的年轻小姐们吗?
Never!
永远不会!
''She is tolerable, I suppose,
"她还能忍受 我想
but not handsome enough to tempt me. ''
但还没漂亮到足够能打动我"
- It was very wrong of him to speak so. - Indeed it was!
他这样说真是大错特错 的确是
Capital offence!
罪大恶极!
Oh, look! Charlotte is come.
噢 看! 夏绿蒂来了
Charlotte!
夏绿蒂!
Lizzy! My father is to give a party at Lucas Lodge
丽斯! 我父亲要在卢卡斯府举行一个派对
and you are all invited!
你们都被邀请去了!
I hope Lucas Lodge will be graced with your presence on many occasions.
我希望卢卡斯府会因你们的时时光临而蓬荜生辉
Here, you see, we are all easy with no awkwardness or ceremony.
你知道 我们很随和 不会拘礼于仪式
Quite.
Oh, yes, my dear. 5,000 a year!
噢 对了 亲爱的 五千英镑一年!
Don't they look well together?
他们看起来不是很配吗?
A most agreeable young man!
一个最最讨人喜欢的年轻小伙子!
And he would dance every dance with Jane. Nothing else would do!
他会跟简跳每一支舞 没有什么更能令他愉悦!
Are you pleased with Hertfordshire, Colonel Forster?
你喜欢哈福德郡吗 弗斯脱上校?
Very much, Lady Lucas. Especially this evening.
很喜欢 卢卡斯太太 尤其是今晚
A regiment of infantry doesn't find a ready welcome everywhere.
我们的步兵团在其他地方得不到如此周到的招待
I think your officers will be very well pleased with Meryton.
我想你的军官们会非常喜欢麦里屯
Denny and Sanderson seem well pleased already!
丹尼和桑德森似乎已经很享受了!
No doubt you attend assemblies at St. James's Court?
那你有参加圣詹姆士府上的聚会吗?
- We go but rarely, sir. - Indeed! I am surprised.
我们有去 但很少 先生 真的! 真让我惊讶
I should be happy to introduce you
如果我到镇上去
there at any time when I'm in town.
无论何时 我会很乐意在那里为你们介绍
You're too kind, sir.
感谢你的好意 先生
Well! Well!
好! 好!
Good, good.
很好 很好
Capital! Capital!
太棒了! 太棒了!
Insufferable conceit!
真是妄自尊大!
To imagine that we would need his assistance in society.
想象一下我们在社交上会需要他的帮助
I am sure he is a good sort of man, Caroline.
我确定他某程度上是好人 卡罗琳
And I am sure he kept a good sort of shop
我想他会有一所好的军官学校
before his elevation to the Knighthood.
在他晋升到爵士圈之前
Poor Darcy. What agonies he must be suffering.
可怜的达西 他在承受多大的痛苦啊
Are you in Meryton to subdue the discontented populace, sir,
你是要在麦里屯制服一些暴动的平民吗 先生
or to defend Hertfordshire against the French?
还是要保卫哈福德郡免受法国侵扰?
Neither, ma'am. We hope to winter peacefully at Meryton.
都不是 女士我们希望在麦里屯度过一个和平的冬天
My soldiers are in great need of training
我的士兵们非常需要训练
and my officers in ever great need of society.
我的军官们更需要社交的调剂
When you are settled, I hope you'll give a ball.
在你们安定下来后 我希望你们会举行一次舞会
- Oh, yes, my dear, do! - Would a ball be well received?
噢 对 亲爱的 没错! 舞会会为大家所喜爱吗?
Who's giving a ball? I long for a ball, and so does Denny!
谁要举行舞会? 我很渴望舞会 丹尼也是!
- And Sanderson. Don't you? - I d-do indeed.
还有桑德森 不是吗? 我 我确实是
- Most passionately. - Little Sanderson, I knew you would!
最热衷于此 小桑德森 我就知道你会!
Make him give a ball! We'll dance with all the officers.
让他举行舞会吧! 我们会跟所有的军官跳舞
If Mary would play something, we could dance now!
如果玛丽能弹点别的什么 我们现在就可以跳舞了!
Mary, no more dull stuff, play something jolly.
玛丽 不要再弹这些沉闷的东西了 弹些开心的
We want to dance!
我们想跳舞!
But there are still two movements. Mamma! Tell them it isn't fair!
但还有两章没弹完 妈妈! 跟他们说这不公平!
Oh, play a jig, Mary. No one wants your concertos here.
噢 弹首快步舞曲吧 玛丽 这里没人需要协奏曲
I fear their taste is not as fine as yours and mine, Mary,
恐怕他们的品味没有你和我的那么高 玛丽
but let's oblige them this once.
但这一次我们就屈就他们吧
There is no one here who plays as well as you!
这里没人能比你弹得更好!
Very well. Though you know it gives me little pleasure.
很好 尽管你知道这会让我了无生趣
- Jane, Mr Bingley, come and dance! - Not now, Lydia.
简 宾利先生 过来跳舞啊! 现在不行 莉迪亚
Capital! Capital!
太棒了! 太棒了!
Mr Bingley continues his attentions to Jane, Lizzy.
宾利先生还是把他的注意力集中在简身上 丽斯
- I'm very happy for her, Charlotte. - She seems well pleased with him.
我很替她开心 夏绿蒂 她似乎很喜欢他
If he continues so, she's in a fair way to be in love with him.
如果他继续这样 她很可能会爱上他了
And Mr Bingley? Do you think he is in love?
那宾利先生呢? 你觉得他也坠入爱河了吗?
- It's clear that he likes her very much. - Then she should leave him in no doubt.
很明显他非常喜欢她 那她毫无疑问会使他离开了
She should show more affection than she feels,
她应该表现得比她的感觉更强烈一些
not less, if she is to secure him.
而不是更少一点 如果她是要绑住他
- ''Secure him''? Charlotte. - Yes, she should secure him soon!
"绑住他"? 夏绿蒂 对 她应该尽快绑住他!
Before she is sure of his character and certain of her own regard for him?
在她搞清他的品行 确定自己对他的感情之前?
But of course! Happiness in marriage is entirely a matter of chance.
那当然! 婚姻的快乐完全是偶然
There will always be vexation and grief.
总会有烦恼和伤心
It's better to know in advance as little as possible of the defects of your partner.
在此之前对你的伴侣的缺点知道得越少越好
Is it not?
不是吗?
- You would never act like that yourself! - Well, it seems that Jane will not.
你自己永远不会那样做! 似乎简不会
So we must hope that Mr Bingley will.
所以 我们必须防止宾利先生会
He gets little encouragement from his sisters.
他没能从他的姐妹们那里得到鼓励
Or his friend.
又或者他的朋友
- Mr Darcy looks at you a great deal. - I can't think why!
达西先生总是看着你 我也不知道为什么!
Unless to frighten me with his contempt.
除非他是想用他的蔑视吓倒我
I wish he would not come into society. He only makes people uneasy.
我希望他不会到社交场合上去 他只会让人觉得不安
What a charming amusement for young people this is!
真是个最适合年轻人的娱乐方式啊!
?? Nothing like dancing!
达西先生 没什么能比得上跳舞!
A refinement of every polished society.
每一个有教养的社会的精巧娱乐
- And every unpolished society. - Sir?
以及每一个无教养的社会 先生?
Every savage can dance.
每个野蛮人都能跳舞
Oh, yes. Yes, quite.
噢 对 对 没错
I should speak to my sister before she exposes us all to ridicule.
在我妹妹连累我们沦为笑话之前 我要跟她说说
Capital! Capital!
太棒了! 太棒了!
Miss Eliza! Why are you not dancing?
伊丽莎小姐! 为什么你不跳舞呢?
Mr Darcy, allow me to present this young lady
达西先生 请允许我为你介绍这位年轻小姐
to you as a very desirable partner.
这位可人的舞伴
You cannot refuse to dance, I'm sure, when so much beauty is before you.
我确信 当这样一个美人站在你面前 你无法抗拒跳舞
Indeed, sir. I have not the least intention of dancing.
实际上 先生 我一点也不想跳舞
Please don't suppose that I moved this way in order to beg for a partner.
请不要误以为我经过这里是想要一位舞伴
I would be happy if you would dance with me, Miss Bennet.
如果你能跟我跳舞 我会感到很荣幸 班纳特小姐
Thank you.
谢谢
But excuse me, I... am not inclined to dance.
但不好意思 我…不想跳舞
Why not, when you see Mr Darcy has no objection?
为什么不呢 你看 达西先生都没有反对啊?
Although he dislikes the amusement in general.
尽管总的来说他不太喜欢这种娱乐方式
- Mr Darcy is all politeness. - He is!
达西先生很有礼 他确实是!
And why should he not be, considering the inducement?
他为什么不呢? 想想原因
Who could object to such a partner? Eh, Darcy?
谁能拒绝这样一个舞伴? 呃 达西?
I beg you would excuse me.
请你们原谅
Well, well... Oh, Capital, Lydia! Capital!
好 好… 噢 太棒了 莉迪亚! 太棒了!
I believe I can guess your thoughts at this moment.
我敢说我可以猜到你此刻的想法
I should imagine not.
我想不会
You are thinking how insupportable it would be
你在想要跟如此无聊的人们度过
to spend many evenings in such tedious company.
这么多个夜晚是多么的难以忍受
My mind was more agreeably engaged.
实际上我的心思要更欢悦一点
I've been meditating on the pleasure,
我沉溺在一些愉快的事情上
which a pair of fine eyes in the face of a pretty woman can bestow.
这是一位美丽女士的一双美目给予的
And may one dare ask whose are the eyes that inspired these reflections?
我可不可以斗胆问是谁的美目激起了这样的爱慕?
Miss Elizabeth Bennet's.
伊丽莎白·班纳特小姐的
Miss Elizabeth Bennet?
伊丽莎白·班纳特小姐?
I am all astonishment.
太让我惊奇了
From Netherfield! Oh, Jane! Well, what does it say?
从尼日斐来的! 噢 简! 好 信上说什么?
- It is from Miss Bingley. - Oh, well, that is a good sign, too.
这是宾利小姐寄来的 噢 好 这也是个好预兆
Give it to me.
把那给我
''My dear friend!''
"我亲爱的朋友!"
There now!
来了!
''Dine with Louisa and me today...''
"今天与我和露薏莎共进晚餐…"
La di da, la di da, la di da, la di da...
等等 等等 等等 等等…
''..as the gentlemen are to dine with the officers.'' That's unlucky!
"因为男士们要与军官们共进晚餐" 太不幸运了!
Still, you must go and make what you can of it.
你还是要到那里去 尽你所能做点什么
''Yours ever, Caroline Bingley.'' Very elegant hand!
"你永远的朋友 卡罗琳·宾利" 多优雅的书法!
- May I have the carriage, father? - The carriage! No, indeed.
我可以用马车吗 父亲? 马车! 不 当然不要
You must go on horseback, for it looks like rain.
你必须骑马去 因为快要下雨了
- Then you will have to stay the night. - Mother!
那你就得在那边过夜了 妈妈!
Why do you look at me like that?
你为什么要那样看着我?
Would you go there without seeing Mr Bingley?
你想到了那里却见不到宾利先生吗?
No, indeed.
不 肯定不能这样
You will go on Nellie. That will do very well indeed!
你会骑奈丽去 这样很好
There, Lizzy. You see?
丽斯 你看到了吧?
It is all exactly as I planned.
一切尽在我的掌握之中
Now... let me see if I've got this right, Jane.
现在…让我看看我说对没有 简
Your mother's sister is named Mrs Philips?
你母亲的姐妹是菲利普太太?
- Yes. - And Mr Philips' estate is...?
是的 那菲利普先生的地产是…?
He lives in Meryton.
他在麦里屯住
He's an attorney.
他是个律师
And your mother's brother lives in London?
你母亲的兄弟住在伦敦?
Yes. In Gracechurch Street.
是的 在天恩寺街
In which part of London is Gracechurch Street, Jane?
天恩寺街在伦敦的哪里 简?
I...
我…
Forgive me, I...
对不起 我…
Fosset, get help. Miss Bennet is unwell.
福斯特 找人来帮忙 班纳特小姐不舒服
Well, my dear, if Jane should die of this fever,
亲爱的 如果简因为发烧不幸离世
it will be comfort to know that it was all in pursuit of Mr Bingley,
我们会很欣慰知道这全是因为追求宾利先生
and under your orders.
而且是在你的指挥下
Oh, nonsense! People do not die of little trifling colds.
噢 胡说! 一个人才不会因为小小的风寒就死去
- She will be very well taken care of. - I think I must go to Netherfield.
她会受到很好的照顾 我想我得到尼日斐一趟
No, there's no call for that!
不 完全没需要
Jane is very well where she is.
简在她现在呆的地方过得很好
And you know there is nothing for you there.
而且你知道你到那边也帮不上忙
Go to Meryton with your sisters and meet the officers.
还不如跟你的妹妹们到麦里屯去见见那些军官
Aye, there are more than enough to go around.
哎 这可是有得逛的
I know that Jane would wish me to be with her.
我知道简会希望我去陪她
I suppose that's a hint for me to send for the carriage.
我想这是在提示我要叫马车了
No, father, I'd much rather walk.
不 父亲 我更希望步行去
It's barely three miles to Netherfield and I'll be back for dinner.
到尼日斐只是三里路 我能赶得及回来吃晚饭的
Walk three miles in all that dirt? You'll not be fit to be seen.
在泥泞中步行三里路? 你会没法见人的
I shall be fit to see Jane, which is all I want.
我只要能见简就好 我只想这样
I'm quite determined, mother.
我下定决心了 母亲
I know! Lydia and I will set you as far as Meryton.
我知道! 莉迪亚和我会陪你走到麦里屯
Aye, let's call on Denny early,
哎 让我们早早就去拜访丹尼
before he is dressed. What a shock he will get!
在他穿着整齐之前 他会多震撼啊!
- Ammm! - Our life holds few distinctions, Mrs Bennet,
嗯! 我们的生活平平无奇 班纳特太太
but I think we may safely boast
但我想我们可以很自豪地说
that here sit two of the silliest girls in the country.
这儿坐着这个国家里最蠢的两个女孩
- 'Bye, Lizzy! - Isn't that Captain Carter? Make haste!
再见 丽斯! 那不是卡特上尉吗? 快!
- Miss Bennet. - Mr Darcy.
班纳特小姐 达西先生
I am come to enquire after my sister.
我是来看我姐姐的
- On foot? - As you see.
步行? 如你所见
Would you be so kind as to take me to her?
能否请你带我去见她?
Well, we must allow her to be an excellent walker, I suppose.
我们必须得承认她是个卓越的步行家 我想
But her appearance this morning! She really looked almost wild!
但她今天早上的样子! 她看起来真的近乎狂野!
I could hardly keep my countenance!
我几乎不能自已!
Scampering about the country because her sister has a cold!
穿越整个村子只是因为她姐姐感冒了!
Her hair, Louisa!
她的头发 露薏莎!
Her petticoat! I hope you saw it, brother.
她的衬裙! 我希望你看到了 弟弟
Six inches deep in mud, I am certain!
我确定那有六寸深的泥!
It escaped my notice. I thought she looked remarkably well.
我没注意这点 我想她看起来非常好
- You observed it, I'm sure, Mr Darcy. - I did.
你观察到了吧 我想 达西先生 我观察到了
I'm inclined to think you wouldn't wish your sister to make such an exhibition.
我想你不会希望你妹妹会变成这个样子
Certainly not.
当然不
It seems to me to show an abominable sort of conceited independence.
这于我而言是在逞强
It shows a pleasing affection for her sister.
这表现了她对她姐姐无微不至的关心
Mr Darcy, has this escapade affected
达西先生 这种异常行为有没有影响
your admiration for her fine eyes?
你对她一双美目的爱慕?
Not at all. They were brightened by the exercise.
完全没有 它们在运动后更明亮了
But Jane Bennet is a sweet girl!
但简·班纳特确实是个甜姐儿!
It's very sad she has such an unfortunate family, such low connections.
她有这样的家庭真是不幸 如此卑贱的亲人
Their uncle, she told us, is in trade,
她们的舅舅 她跟我们说 是做商人的
and lives in Cheapside!
而且是住在吉普赛街
Perhaps we should call, when we are next in town.
也许我们下次到城里去应该去拜访一下
They'd be as agreeable,
她们还是一样讨人喜欢
had they uncles enough to fill all Cheapside!
即使她们的舅舅多到塞满了吉普赛街
With such connections they have little chance of marrying well, Bingley.
有这样的亲戚她们嫁得好的机会就微乎其微了 宾利
That is the material point.
这是实质性问题
Miss Bennet, how does your sister do? Is she any better?
班纳特小姐 你姐姐怎样了? 她好点了吗?
- I'm afraid that she is quite unwell. - Let me send for Mr Jones.
恐怕她非常不舒服 让我去请琼斯先生
You must stay until she is recovered.
你一定得留在这里照顾她 直到她康复
I would not wish to inconvenience you.
我不希望麻烦你
I won't hear of anything else.
我不要听到别的
I'll send to Longbourn for your clothes.
我会叫人到浪博恩去拿你的衣服
You're very kind, sir.
谢谢你的好意 先生
Is there any sport today, or not?
今天有什么运动吗 还是没有?
Get in there!
到那里面去!
There. Shall I disgrace you, do you think?
亲爱的 你觉得我会使你蒙羞吗?
You look very pretty, Lizzy, as you are well aware.
你很漂亮 丽斯 如你往常一样
Oh, Jane.
噢 简
I'd much rather stay here with you.
我更希望能在这里陪你
The Superior Sisters wish me miles away.
那对目中无人姐妹希望我在她们视线范围几里外
Only your Mr Bingley is civil and attentive.
只有你的宾利先生有礼而专情
- He's not my Mr Bingley. - Oh, I think he is.
他不是我的宾利先生 噢 我想他是
Or he very soon will be.
又或者他很快就会是了
I believe you will find Mr Bingley is in the drawing room, ma'am.
我想你会在画室找到宾利先生 小姐
Thank you.
谢谢
Mr Darcy, come and advise me. Mr Hurst carries all before him!
达西先生 来给我点建议 赫斯脱先生赢光了!
- Ha! - Ooh!
哈! 噢!
May I enquire after your sister, Miss Bennet?
我能问候一下你姐姐吗 班纳特小姐?
- Thank you. I believe she's a little better. - I am very glad to hear it.
谢谢 我想她好点了 我很高兴
- Mr Hurst, I'm quite undone! - Should have played the deuce.
赫斯脱先生 我还没完成呢! 本就应该输的
He's undone us all, Mr Darcy!
他让我们都输了 达西先生!
- Will you join us, Miss Bennet? - I thank you, no.
你要加入我们吗 班纳特小姐? 谢谢 但不用了
You prefer reading to cards? Singular!
相比打牌你更喜欢阅读? 非同寻常!
Miss Bennet despises cards.
班纳特小姐看不起打牌
She's a great reader and has no pleasure in anything else.
她是个伟大的阅读家 对其他事情都没兴趣
I deserve neither such praise nor such censure.
我承受不起这种赞美 或者说责难
I am not a great reader
我不是个伟大的阅读家
and take pleasure in many things.
而且我对其他很多事情都很感兴趣
And what do you do so secretly, sir?
你在秘密进行什么呢 先生?
It's no secret. I'm writing to my sister.
没什么秘密可言 我在写信给我妹妹
Dear Georgiana! I long to see her!
亲爱的乔治安娜! 我真渴望见到她!
Is she much grown since the Spring? Is she as tall as me?
春天后她长高了许多吧? 她有我那么高了吗?
She's now about Miss Elizabeth Bennet's height,
她现在大概有伊丽莎白·班纳特小姐那么高
or a little taller.
可能还要高点
And so accomplished! Her performance at the pianoforte is exquisite!
而且如此多才多艺! 她的钢琴弹得真优美!
- Do you play, Miss Bennet? - Aye, but very ill indeed.
你弹钢琴吗 班纳特小姐? 嗯 但弹得很不好
All young ladies are accomplished!
所有的年轻小姐们都这么多才多艺!
They sing, they draw, they dance,
她们唱歌 绘画 跳舞
speak French and German, cover screens, and I know not what!
会说法语和德语 会绣屏风 我也不知为何!
Not half a dozen would satisfy me as accomplished.
在我看来只有六位能称得上多才多艺
Certainly! No woman can be esteemed accomplished,
当然! 没有哪位女士可以被称为多才多艺
who does not also possess a certain something in her air,
如果她没有内在气质
in the manner of walking, in the tone of her voice,
走路姿态 谈吐声调
her address and expressions.
穿衣技巧 言辞技巧方面有一定的教养
And to this she must yet add something more substantial,
这样之后她还得加上点真才实学
in the improvement of her mind by extensive reading.
就是以广泛的阅读来提升思想
I'm no longer surprised at you knowing
我再也不会为你只认识
only six accomplished women.
六位多才多艺的女士而感到惊讶了
I wonder at your knowing any.
我甚至怀疑你是否一个都不认识
You're severe upon your sex, Miss Bennet.
你对同性的评价太苛刻了 班纳特小姐
I must speak as I find.
如果我真找到这样的人 我才敢说
Perhaps you haven't had the advantage of moving in society enough.
可能你还入世未深
There are many very accomplished young ladies amongst our acquaintance.
在我们认识的人中有不少多才多艺的年轻女士
Come, come! This is a fine way to play cards! You're all light!
来吧! 这真是打牌的好方式! 你们都走神了!
Look, girls! Is it not a fair prospect?
看 女孩们! 这不是一份很好的财产吗?
And now the mother!
现在轮到那位母亲了!
Are we to be invaded by every Bennet in the country?
我们要被乡村里每一个班纳特入侵吗?
It's too much to be borne!
太无法忍受了!
Mrs Bennet! Welcome!
班纳特太太! 很欢迎你!
I hope you don't find Miss Bennet worse than expected.
我希望你不会觉得班纳特小姐比你想象中严重
Indeed I do, sir!
实际上我的确这么觉得 先生!
She's very ill indeed,and suffers a vast deal,
她病得很厉害 而且非常痛苦
though with the greatest patience in the world, for she has the sweetest temper.
尽管她有着全世界最大的耐心 最好的脾气
But she is much too ill to be moved.
但她还是病得太厉害了 不适宜走动
We must trespass a little longer on your kindness.
承蒙你的好意 我们得再麻烦久一点了
But of course!
当然!
Miss Bennet will receive every possible attention,
班纳特小姐会得到最无微不至的照顾的
I assure you.
我向你保证
You are very good.
谢谢你的好意
Well, you have a sweet room here!
你这个房间真是太宜人了!
I think you will never want to leave Netherfield.
我想你再也不会离开尼日斐了吧
I'd be happy to live in the country forever. Wouldn't you, Darcy?
我会很乐意永远住在乡村 你也这样想吧 达西?
You would?
你会吗?
You don't find the society somewhat confined and unvarying?
你不认为乡村某种程度上被约束而且单调吗?
Confined and unvarying? Indeed it is not, sir!
被约束而且单调? 实际上不是这样的 先生!
The country is a vast deal pleasanter than town, whatever you may say about it!
乡村比城市要好得多 不管你要说什么!
Mamma, you mistake Mr Darcy's meaning.
妈妈 你误会达西先生的意思了
Do I? He seems to think the country nothing at all!
我有吗? 他似乎觉得乡村一无是处!
- Mamma. - Confined, unvarying!
妈妈 被约束 单调!
I would have him know we dine with 24 families!
我会让他知道我们可以跟二十四个家庭一起吃饭!
Mamma? Have you seen Charlotte Lucas since I came away?
妈妈? 我离开后你有见过夏绿蒂·卢卡斯吗?
Yes, she called yesterday with Sir William.
有 她昨天和威廉爵士来拜访了
What an agreeable man he is!
他真是个讨人喜欢的家伙!
That is my idea of good breeding.
那是我对好教养的理解
Those persons who fancy themselves very important, and never open their mouths,
那些敝帚自珍 并因此从不开口的人
quite mistake the matter.
误解了好教养的意思
Mr Bingley, did you not promise a ball
宾利先生 你不是答应过
when you were settled here?
等你安定下来要举行一个舞会吗?
It will be a scandal if you don't keep your word.
如果你不信守承诺会沦为笑柄噢
I am perfectly ready to keep my engagement.
我已经充分准备好要履行我的承诺
When your sister is recovered,
只等你姐姐好起来
you shall name the day of the ball, if you please.
如果你们愿意 你们可以定下舞会的日期
There, now, Lydia!
亲爱的 莉迪亚!
That's a fair promise for you!That's generosity for you!
这对你来说真是个重要的承诺啊! 你真大方!
That's what I call gentlemanly behaviour!
这是我所认为的绅士行为!
Miss Eliza Bennet.
伊丽莎·班纳特小姐
Let me persuade you to follow my example
请允许我说服你跟着我
and take a turn about the room. It's so refreshing!
在房间里转一圈 这样真提神!
Will you not join us, Mr Darcy?
你不加入我们吗 达西先生?
- That would defeat the object. - What do you mean, sir?
那会大煞风景的 你是什么意思 先生?
- What can he mean? - I think we would do better not to enquire.
他会是什么意思? 我想我们最好还是不要问了
Nay, we insist on knowing your meaning, sir!
不行 我们坚持要知道你是什么意思 先生!
That your figures are to best advantage when walking,
你们的身姿在行走时是最美妙的
and that I might best admire them from here.
所以我最好还是从这里欣赏
Shocking! Abominable reply!
太震惊了! 讨厌的回答!
- How shall we punish him, Miss Eliza?
我们应该怎样惩罚他呢 伊丽莎小姐?
- Nothing so easy. Tease him.
没有比这更容易的了 揶揄他
- Laugh at him. - Laugh at Mr Darcy?
取笑他 取笑达西先生?
Impossible!
不可能!
- He is a man without fault. - Is he indeed?
他是个毫无瑕疵的人 他真的是吗?
A man without fault?
毫无瑕疵的人?
That is not possible for anyone.
这对任何人来说都不可能
But it has been my study to avoid those weaknesses which expose ridicule.
但我一直致力研究如何避开会遭人奚落的缺点
Such as vanity, perhaps, and pride?
比如空虚 又或者 傲慢?
Yes, vanity is a weakness indeed.
对 空虚确实是一种缺点
But pride...
但傲慢...
Where there is a superiority of mind, pride will always be under regulation.
如果思想足够高贵 傲慢也就不足为奇
I have faults, but I hope they're not of understanding.
我有缺点 但我希望它们不会引起你对我的误解
My temper I cannot vouch for.
我不能保证我的脾气
It might be called resentful.
也许我可以称之为愤恨
My good opinion, once lost, is lost forever.
我的好印象一旦消失 就会永远消失
That is a failing indeed, but I cannot laugh at it.
那确实是一个缺点 但我不能取笑这个
I believe every disposition has a tendency to some evil.
我相信每一步都有一点邪恶的倾向
- Your defect is a propensity to hate everyone.
你的缺点是倾向于讨厌所有人
- Yours is wilfully to misunderstand them.
你的是任性地误解他人
Some music?
来点音乐好吗?
Give your parents my warmest salutations.
向你们的父母致以我最诚挚的问候
Your father is most welcome to shoot
尤其欢迎你父亲
with us at any time convenient.
在任何方便的时候来和我们一起打猎
Thank you, sir. You are very kind.
谢谢 先生 你真友善
Goodbye.
再见
Goodbye.
再见
Drive on, Rossiter.
开车吧 罗斯特
How pleasant it is to have one's house to oneself again!
重新独占自己的房子是多么愉快!
But I fear Mr Darcy is mourning the loss of Miss Eliza Bennet's
但恐怕达西先生在为失去伊丽莎·班纳特小姐
pert opinions and fine eyes.
尖锐的观点和明亮的眼睛而伤神
Quite the contrary, I assure you.
恰恰相反 我向你保证
Oh, Jane!
噢 简!
I'm sorry to say it, but notwithstanding your excellent Mr Bingley,
我很抱歉得这样说 但除却你卓越的宾利先生快
I've never been so happy to leave a place in my life!
我从未试过离开一个地方是如此让人愉快