摩登家庭 第五季 Modern Family Season 5 第19集: A Hard Jay's Night

上映日期: 2,013

语言: 英语

影片类型: 喜剧 / 家庭

导演: 詹姆斯·R·巴格多纳斯

演员: 艾德·奥尼尔 / 索菲娅·维加拉 / 朱丽·鲍温 / 泰·布利尔 / 杰西·泰勒·弗格森 / 艾瑞克·斯通斯崔特 / 萨拉·海蓝德 / 诺兰·古德 / 里克·罗德里格兹 / 奥布里·安德森-埃蒙斯


台词
We got a package from my dad.
我爸寄来了个包裹
No air holes in the box.
盒子上没有气孔
That's a good sign.
这是个好兆头
Lily loved having that chicken.
莉莉很喜欢那只小鸡
One more time than she realized.
后来吃得也很开心 尽管她不知情
Listen, I just got an e-mail from our wedding singer.
我刚收到婚礼歌手的电邮
- He has a small request. - Another one?
-他有个小要求 -又来吗
Since when does the wedding singer send us requests?
婚礼歌手何时开始向我们提要求了
Well, no, he just wants to change a few songs in your medley
不 他只是想把你的几首歌换掉
to avoid overlap with the stuff that he's performing.
以免跟他要表演的部分重复
Well, I hope it's none of my showstoppers.
可别换了我的重头戏
Oh, they're all showstoppers.
你的歌都是重头戏啦
Oh, you're too kind.
你太好了
Oh, my gosh, it's us.
天啊 是我们
For our wedding cake.
放在我们的婚礼蛋糕上
Couldn't you just die?
是不是激动得要死了
I really think I could.
我真觉得我要死了
My dad made this.
我爸爸做的
He's a world-class soap carver.
他可是世界级的肥皂雕刻师
You know, once, when I was a kid, I cussed,
我小时候有一次说脏话
and my mom washed my mouth out
我妈妈用他雕的比萨斜塔
with the leaning tower of Pisa.
洗我的嘴
She still blames herself to this day.
她到现在还在自责
Oh, I would have nixed that wedding topper immediately,
本来我是会马上反对那个婚礼蛋糕人偶的
but Cam and I have an agreement.
但小卡跟我有项协议
We -- we each got three vetoes of each other's wedding ideas --
我们每人有三次否决对方婚礼创意的机会
No questions asked.
无需任何理由
And it -- it worked for...a while
倒是 实施了那么一小会儿
I think you're gonna love my wedding board.
你会爱上我的婚礼公告牌的
I'm pretty excited, too.
我也非常激动
- Veto. - Veto.
-反对 -反对
- Veto. - Veto.
-反对 -反对
I'm sorry I'm so emotional.
很抱歉我太激动了
It's just the nicest thing ever.
真的是最棒的礼物了
You don't think that I look just a little bit --
你不觉得我看起来有点
I mean, my dad carved through his arthritis!
我爸爸忍着关节炎刻出来的
Maybe it's the kicky leg.
可能是因为那只翘起来的腿
I mean, the hours his ruined hands put into this.
想想他用一双残手雕刻所投入的时间
He found us in soap.
他在肥皂中挖掘到了我们
Today, mitchell, I know love.
今天 米奇尔 我懂得了爱
I no love, either.
我也懂得了"唉"
家 庭
摩 登
第五季 第十九集
So, take your time looking around.
你四处看看吧
Thanks.
谢谢
I'm helping Gloria sell the old apartment
我在帮歌洛莉亚卖掉她在认识杰之前
that she and Manny lived in before she met Jay.
和曼尼住的旧公寓
It's in an up-and-coming neighborhood
这里的邻居前卫大胆
with a distinct multicultural bent
拥有鲜明独特的多元文化趋向
that's undergoing an exciting urban renewal.
正在经历着令人欣喜的城市复兴
That's a fancy way of saying "The gays found it."
换个说法就是"基佬们发现了这块宝地"
I can't believe that I lived here for five years.
难以置信我在这里住了五年
Even turning the lights on was a pain.
连开灯都很痛苦
Look at this.
你看
Keep it down, you bitch!
小点声 你个婊子
Ay. Mrs. Rivera's still alive.
里维拉太太还活着
I am really digging this place.
我还真中意这地方
Right?
是吧
The gas stove, the moldings --
瞧瞧这燃气灶 线脚
they don't make 'em like this anymore.
如今很难找到这样的房子了
I'll probably gut it.
我可能会全拆掉
Rip it out.
全拆掉
That's what I'd do.
我也会这么做
I want my contractor to swing by,
我会让我的承包人来看看
but I really like it.
但我真的很喜欢这里
Great. All right. Thanks.
太好了 好极了 谢谢
- Bye-bye. - Talk to you soon.
-拜拜 -再联系
So nice to meet you.
真高兴认识你
I'm not selling to him.
我才不卖给他
What? Really?
什么 真的吗
He's a quality buyer.
他是个不错的买家啊
You're tired of finding renters.
你也不想再找租客了
This is a family building.
这房子是给一大家子人住的
Generations have lived there,
一大家子几代人
and usually at the same time.
往往是数世同堂
He just wants to flip it.
他不过是想转手赚钱
Okay.
好吧
I got a backup I can probably get here in an hour.
还有另一个买家大概一小时后能到
You want to wait in there?
你想去那里面等吗
You walk in that door,
你走进去
[鸡尾酒吧]
you never come out.
就别想出来了
No, no, not the bar -- the coffee shop.
不不 不是那家酒吧 是那家咖啡厅
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.
对啊 我说的就是那个
But we can wait next door.
但我们可以去隔壁等
That's my old hair salon where I used to work.
那是我以前工作过的美发店
You can get drinks there, too.
去那里也有的喝
Gloria!
歌洛莉亚
No, no, no, it's not Jay.
不不不 这不是杰
What's so funny?
什么这么好笑
What's so funny?
什么这么好笑
She thinks you're my lover.
她以为你是我情人
That is funny!
太好笑了
I don't know if it's "a room full of women laughing" funny,
我不确定是不是值得一屋子女人捧腹大笑
but...
但是
Ay, Rita, no.
丽塔 不是啦
Phil is a friend of mine,
菲尔是我的一个朋友
and we're just killing time before an appointment.
我们在等人 过来消磨点时间
I hate to ask, Gloria,
我也不想这样 歌洛莉亚
but my new girl hasn't shown up.
但我新招的店员还没来
Any chance you could help?
你可以帮忙吗
Ay, of course!
当然可以啦
It will be so much fun!
一定会很好玩的
I don't want to ruin my nails.
我不想毁了我的指甲
Phil, would you do my shampooing?
菲尔 你能帮忙洗头吗
Well, I-I guess so.
应该可以吧
We've got the time.
我们还有时间
Just a warning --
我得声明一下
I haven't shampooed professionally since college,
大学后我就没有专业洗过头发了
and that was only part-time to pay for my cheer gear.
那只是一份兼职 来付拉拉队服装的钱
Wow. That was super-braggy.
我真是太爱炫了
What do we got, double sinks?
这里有什么 并排水槽吗
What's the nozzle sitch?
花洒还好使吗
Not to sound too braggy,
我不想太炫耀自己
but your mom was kind of
但你妈妈我这周工作
a badass at work this week.
是上天入地无所不能
It was hard enough with grandpa being sick
外公病了 我突然掌管大权
and me suddenly in charge,
这就已经够艰难了
but it was just one crisis after another.
但危机真是一个接一个啊
Luke, honey, we're going!
卢克 亲爱的 我们要走了
Fire in the warehouse,
仓库起火
surprise inspection from OSHA,
职业安全和健康署突击检查
our biggest buyer tried to pull out of a deal,
我们最大的顾客企图取消订单
and I have to talk him off a ledge.
我得让他打消这个念头
Whatever. It's over now.
随便啦 都结束了
I don't want to bore you guys with this stuff.
我不想说这些来让你们觉得无聊
So, when I get to work on Wednesday,
我周三去上班时
Margaret is ready in tears,
玛格利特已经在哭了
and there are two cops in the waiting room,
接待室里有两名警察
and I say to them,
我对他们说
"One of you had better be able to drive an 18-wheeler,
你们最好有人能开18轮巨型货车
"because I've got 100 rosewood panels to get to Victorville,
因为我要送100块紫檀板去胜利谷
or it's coming out of my paycheck."
不然我就要用薪水补偿了
I told you guys about the drivers and the bad tuna?
我跟你们说过司机和变质金枪鱼的事了吗
- Bad tuna, - Yes.
-变质金枪鱼 -对
- yeah. - Yes, I did.
-说了 -我的确说了
Hey, mom, I forgot how fun this car was.
妈妈 我都忘记这辆车有多好玩了
And these automatic doors and that TV in the back.
自动门 还有后排的电视
You know what else was fun?
你知道还有什么很好玩吗
The party they threw for me at work on Friday.
他们周五为我办的派对
I mean, it was a little bit embarrassing.
那的确有点尴尬啦
I didn't even know "She-ro" was a word,
我都不知道还有"英雌"这个词儿
and there it was, in icing.
结果他们用糖霜写了这个词
Hello, hello!
好啊好啊
Welcome to Jay's night.
欢迎来到杰之夜
Names, please.
请报上尊姓大名
Want to make sure you're on the list.
确保你在邀请名单内
Kidding! Just excited.
开玩笑啦 我很激动
Appetizers on the bar,
吧台上有开胃菜
scrabble on the coffee table,
咖啡桌上有拼词游戏
and our feature presentation,
还有我们的特色演讲
"The Great Escape."
"超级大逃亡"
Speaking of which, Haley...
说到这个 海莉
Don't worry, grandpa.
别担心 外公
I'm not leaving.
我不会走的
I have no plans for the night.
我今晚没安排
Me, either.
我也没有
But when I say it, it's news.
但我没安排是了不得的新闻
When you say any complete sentence,
你说了任何一句完整的话
it's news.
都是了不得的新闻
Okay, girls. Dad, you feeling better?
别吵了 姑娘们 爸 你好些了吗
You had a rough week, huh?
你这周很难受 对吧
Nah. I'm fine.
我没事
Looks like you had a big week.
看来你这周很忙啊
You heard about that?
你听说了吗
Yeah, I got the blow-by-blow on all the office drama.
办公室八卦的所有细节都尽在我掌握
By the way, sincerely...
顺便说一句 真的...
Yeah?
什么
...great...
超棒...
great guacamole on the bar, there.
吧台那边的鳄梨色拉酱超棒
Wow. That's it?
就这样吗
Everything you did for him,
你为他做了那么多事
and he doesn't even say "Thank you"?
他都不说一句谢谢吗
I get it.
我明白了
It's "Hero" with a "She."
是"英雄"中的"雄"换成了"雌"
Okay, I'm up to speed.
好 我跟上了
Yeah, that was cold.
是啊 太冷漠了
It's just his way.
他就是这样
After years of disappointment,
多年的失望过后
I have learned not to expect a pat on the head from my dad.
我学会了不指望我爸给我肯定
He's not capable of it.
他做不到
But it has taught me a very important lesson
但这教会了我一个很重要的教训
that you girls should learn, too --
你们也该学学
approval comes from within.
自我肯定首先要来源于自身
I knew that, mom.
我知道 妈妈
'Course you did, 'cause you're smart.
你当然知道啦 因为你聪明
Hey, is Lily out of the tub?
莉莉从浴缸里出来了吗
We got to be at my dad's soon.
我们得赶去我爸家了
Oh, no!
It's not that big of a deal.
没什么大不了的
We can be a little late.
我们可以稍微迟到一会儿
No! Lily had the cake topper
不 莉莉把我们的蛋糕人偶
in the tub with her!
带进浴缸了
Oh, no. How could such a terrible mistake have occurred?
不 怎么会犯这么严重的错误呢
I think she must have just thought it was a toy or something.
我想她一定以为那是个玩具之类的
Well, I hope it's not completely ruined forever.
希望人偶没有被玩坏
Oh, no. Are you kidding me?
没有 你开玩笑吧
My daddy uses a special shellac on this thing.
我爸爸用了特殊的虫胶清漆
This is water-resistant,
这玩意儿能防水
heat-resistant -- you name it.
隔热 百毒不侵
Good to know.
真好
Yeah, but put it someplace safe.
是啊 放在安全的地方
It could still be slippery,
可能还有点滑
so be careful.
小心点
Is it?
是吗
Oh, yeah, it is!
是啊 的确是
It's slippery!
好滑
Is it okay?
没坏吧
Not a scratch.
安然无恙
Apparently, I'm tougher than I look.
显然我比看上去要强壮
Hey, boys. Having fun?
孩子们 玩得开心吗
You know it.
你知道的
Love us some Jay's night.
我们喜欢杰之夜
Okay, we're out of here.
好了 我们走吧
Kristy Hughes,
克里斯蒂·休斯
A.K.A. "Kristy huge ones,"
外号"克里斯蒂·胸器"
is having a pool party two blocks away.
在两个街区外开泳池派对
What about Jay?
那杰怎么办
He thinks we're at a party.
他认为我们就是在开派对
He'll never know.
他不会知道的
We sneak out, work the room,
我们偷偷溜出去 溜进屋里
cannonball, cannonball,
欣赏大胸
and we're back in time for dinner.
然后我们赶回来吃晚餐
Were you even invited?
你被邀请了吗
No.
没有
But that's only because I don't know her or any of her friends.
但那只是因为我不认识她或她的朋友
We're not invading her house.
非法入侵的事咱们不能干
Besides, this hair at a pool party --
再说 我这头发在泳池派对上
One dunk, and it goes off like an airbag.
一碰水就跟安全气囊似的爆开了
What's this? You made sauce?
这是什么 你做了酱汁吗
Well, you were sick.
你生病了
I didn't know if you could handle it.
我不知道你能不能坚持做饭
Back in Vietnam, I had hepatitis.
越战的时候我得了肝炎
Still managed to cook Thanksgiving dinner
照样给三百个士兵准备了
for 300 soldiers.
感恩节晚餐
I think I can handle sauce.
我觉得我能搞得定酱汁
Well, I saved you the trouble.
我这不是帮你省了麻烦嘛
So, Margaret tells me I'm using some new delivery trucks now.
玛格利特告诉我公司在用新的运货卡车
Yeah. They're hybrid.
是的 它们都是混合动力的
Now, they cost a little more,
确实贵一些
but when I factored in the tax rebates
但是我把使用绿色产品的
you get for going green,
退税算上
we come out ahead.
我们就把钱赚回来了
Speaking of "Green,"
提到绿色
you went a little heavy on the vegetables, huh?
你蔬菜放得太多了吧
I'm not sure I can stomach anything that's healthy.
我不确定我能吃下任何健康食物
Gosh, mom, that truck thing sounds so amazing.
天啊 妈妈 那些卡车听起来真不错
Yeah!
是啊
It's fine, dad.
没关系 爸
Only do what we're capable of, right?
只做力所能及的 对吧
Oh, damn.
该死
No, Stella, stay. No.
不 斯黛拉 站住 不行
Good girl.
乖狗狗
Thank you, Stella.
谢谢 斯黛拉
Thank you for listening.
谢谢你听我的话
Oh, I'm so proud of you.
我太为你骄傲了
Who's my best girl?
谁是我的好闺女
Don't.
不用了
Okay, girls, we are ready for scrabble.
好了姑娘们 我们准备好拼字游戏了
I'll grab some snacks.
我去拿些零食
Uh, potato chips, please.
我要薯片 拜托了
Oh, so I can hear about how much
然后我就能整晚听你抱怨
you hate yourself all night?
你有多讨厌自己了
Hello, Luke.
你好 卢克
Come on! We've got to go!
拜托 我们去吧
That party's full of sophomores.
那个派对上都是高二的学生
Those women have lived.
那些学姐们可都是过来人
No, we're going back inside,
不 我们现在回屋去
we're eating Jay's food,
吃杰准备的食物
and we're playing his board games.
然后玩他的桌游
More like boring games.
应该叫"无聊"游戏吧
They're already called "Board."
那名字本身就和"无聊"读音相同
You don't make it more clever by --
你没必要再做多余演绎了
Never mind.
算了
Okay. Thanks.
好的 谢谢
Did you work everything out with the wedding singer?
你和婚礼主唱把问题都解决了吗
Oh, yeah -- I'm just dropping my big finale
是的 我刚放弃了我的压轴表演
because he's doing the same song.
因为他要唱同一首歌
"My Way"?
《我的路》吗
His way.
已经是他的路了
Hey, guys.
大家好啊
Sorry we're late,
抱歉我们迟到了
but we come with wine.
但我们带了红酒
And whittlin'!
还有雕刻艺术哦
Check it out.
看看
This is a beautiful gift my father made
这是我父亲做的美丽礼物
for the top of our wedding cake.
为了放在结婚蛋糕上面的
I guess he ran out of soap before he got to me.
我猜他肥皂用光了所以没把我放进去
- Darn. - For you.
-太糟了 -给你
Ladies, check out
女士们 来看看
your uncle Mitch and Cam in soap.
肥皂版的米奇尔和小卡叔叔
That's soap?
那是肥皂做的吗
It's beautiful.
太漂亮了
This is my worst nightmare.
这是我最恐怖的噩梦
You shouldn't have blown through those vetoes.
你不应该把否决权都浪费了的
This is how Cam's dad sees me --
这就是小卡爸爸眼里的我
like some fawning damsel.
像个谄媚的黄花闺女一样
If anything, Cam's the damsel.
小卡更像个黄花闺女
Dad!
Thank you.
谢谢
A lot can happen before the big day.
大婚之前什么都可能发生
Believe me, I've already tried.
相信我 我什么招都试过了
That thing is indestructible.
那东西简直坚不可摧
What if it went missing?
如果它消失不见了呢
Things disappear around here all the time.
我这里可总是丢东西
Do they?
是吗
All the time.
一直都是
Let's just say I have a friend
我有个小伙伴
who helps me in these kinds of situations.
总在这样的时刻帮我
I'm listening.
我听着呢
The less you know, the better.
你知道的越少越好
I'm not listening.
那我不听了
We never had this conversation.
这段对话从没发生过
This is a non-versation.
这是段"没话"
Right.
是的
I am giving you the...no-ahead.
我要你 "不动手"
Oh, I miss you girls.
我太想念你们了
Nobody in my white family thinks that I am funny.
我的白人家庭里没人觉得我幽默
Honey, Hector had a life before he met you.
亲 赫克托遇到你前有自己的人生
So I have to eat dinner with his ex?
所以我就得和他前任一起吃饭吗
Well, you certainly don't want him going alone --
那你肯定不想让他自己去吧
Not with his history.
特别是他还有那么段历史
Who are you really mad at?
你到底是生谁的气呢
Ay, I don't know.
我不知道
Come on, Luisa.
说说吧 路易莎
Raul!
劳尔
Hector's going to hurt me just like Raul did!
赫克托会像劳尔那样伤我的心
There it is.
这就是了
But Hector isn't raul, okay?
但赫克托不是劳尔 对吗
They're just cousins.
他们只是表亲而已
We need to get a move on.
我们得走了
The client's gonna come over to the apartment at 4:00.
客户会在四点来看房
I am swamped. I can't just leave.
我太忙了 脱不开身
Gloria, we're here to sell your apartment.
歌洛莉亚 我们是来这卖你的公寓的
We don't work at the salon.
不是来发廊打工的
Muchísimas gracias, Bianca.
非常感谢 比安卡
No más texting ese hombre.
别再跟那个男人发短信了
It's for a young couple with a baby on the way.
这是一对快生小孩的年轻夫妇
They're not flippers.
买房不是为了转手赚钱
They're looking for a place to settle down and make a home.
他们是想找个地方安定下来
Okay, just move them.
跟他们换个时间
If they really want it, they'll come back.
要是他们真想要这房子肯定会回来的
But, Gloria --
可是 歌洛莉亚
Ay, please, just help me with Anna's foils.
拜托你帮我处理一下安娜的锡纸
I have a weave emergency!
我得赶紧去帮人驳发
Something's not right.
有点不对劲
Qué qué pasó?
什么 怎么了
No, no, no, not with you. You look great.
不 不 跟你没关系 你好着呢
You know who's gonna hate this,
你知道谁会痛恨这个造型吗
is a certain jealous sister.
对你羡慕嫉妒恨的小姐妹
Cinco de my, oh, my.
来 我们击个掌
[曼尼听成"eyes on my rack: 这么多只眼睛盯着我的脖子"]
How am I supposed to do this with so many "I"s on my rack?
我这儿有这么多个"I"让我怎么玩
Sorry.
真抱歉
Where's Luke?
卢克在哪儿
How long does it take him to get the dictionary?
他拿个字典要这么久吗
We described it for him perfectly.
我们很清楚地告诉他字典长什么样子了
Wait a minute.
等等
He's not coming back.
他不会是不回来了吧
[音似Move your ass: 动作快点]
Ugh. Move your "S."
移动你的"S"
I-I'm going as fast as I can.
我已经走得够快了
Mitchell! It's gone!
米奇尔 它不见了
What is?
什么东西
The cake topper.
那个蛋糕装饰人偶
Lily, have you seen the little daddies
莉莉 你有看到之前跟你一起洗澡的
you were bathing with earlier?
小版爸爸们吗
Don't say that.
别这么说话
I saw Stella playing with it.
我看到斯黛拉在玩它
What?
什么
Oh, look at her. She's all muddy.
瞧瞧她身上 全是泥巴
She must have brought it outside and buried it.
她肯定是叼出去埋起来了
She does it all the time!
她老是做这种事
Oh, no. We have to go find it.
不 我们必须找到它
Good luck.
祝你们好运
That thing's as good as gone.
那东西估计是找不到了
Dang it!
真糟糕
And the worst part is,
最惨的是
we don't even have a picture of it.
我们连张照片都没来得及拍
Do we?
我们有吗
Okay, we can't give up.
我们不能放弃
Let's go out into the yard and look for it.
我们去院子里找找看
Careful. I wouldn't come between Stella
注意点 换成我是不会干涉斯黛拉
and anything she's buried.
藏任何东西的
She's a wild animal.
她有自己的天性
No telling what she'll do.
不会别人告诉她会做什么
That's a very aggressive stance.
这姿势真是充满挑衅的味道
Luke! Wait!
卢克 等等
Oh. Look at that.
瞧瞧你
You left your yard,
你都离开院子了
and your little shock collar didn't go off.
你的电子项圈居然没有响
Luke --
卢克
Okay, so, here's the new plan.
好了 新计划是这样的
You hang back while I break the ice,
你站后面 由我先来活跃气氛
and then, when the time is right --
等到一个恰当的时候
Manny! You made it!
曼尼 你来了
Who's this?
这是谁
"Who's this?"
这是谁
Excuse me,
拜托
Kristy huge ones, I have a name.
克里斯蒂·胸器 我是有名字的
Okay, come on. Stop.
好了 别闹了
I'm tired of chasing you all day.
我追了你一整天已经受够了
Then don't.
那就别追我
Stay as long as you want at that lame party.
去那个无聊的派对上玩吧
You want to talk?
你想聊聊吗
You're the dorky sidekick, not me.
你才应该是那个呆呆的配角 不是我
Want to talk nicer?
能稍微友好点吗
How could you be invited and I wasn't?
凭什么她请你不请我
I don't know.
我不知道
It's like the stuff that used to make me kind of weird,
貌似过去我身上让人觉得奇怪的地方
people are starting to like.
开始招人喜欢了
So?
所以呢
I'm the same as I always was.
我还跟以前一样
Well...maybe you could upgrade a little.
说不定你可以提高一下自己
[尤达:《星球大战》中的人物]
Uh, we're tired of the yoda voice,
我们受够了你的"尤达"音
and if a girl tells you she went to london,
如果有个女孩告诉你她去了伦敦
maybe don't ask if she also saw France.
最好别问她是不是看见了法国
I liked things better when you were the one
我还是喜欢
who was ostrich-sized.
你比较像鸵鸟的时候
What?
什么
You know, like a freaky outsider --
你懂的 一个怪异的圈外人
the way an ostrich feels around regular birds.
鹤立鸡群的感觉
You know what else girls like?
你知道女孩子还喜欢什么吗
The mysterious, silent type.
神秘又安静的类型
What are you doing with my sauce, there, cookie?
你在对我的酱汁做什么 伙计
That's yours.
那才是你的
This is mine.
这是我的
I prepped it this morning.
我早上就准备好了
I figured, why not make it?
我想了下 为什么不做呢
Um...maybe because I already made sauce?
因为我已经做好了
Can't have too much.
多多益善
Can't ya?
是吗
Hand me that ladle, huh?
把汤勺递给我
What are you doing? I got it.
你干嘛 我已经拿住了
What do you say?
你要说什么
What?
什么
What do you say when somebody does something for you?
当别人为你做事的时候你要说什么
What do you say?
你要说什么
You want me to thank you for handing me a ladle?
你想让我谢谢你把汤勺给我吗
You thanked the dog for staying --
你感谢了狗狗站着不动
which is basically doing nothing --
虽然它其实什么都没做
so I know you know the words.
所以我确定你知道该怎么说
Fine.
好吧
Thank you for handling me the ladle.
谢谢你把汤勺递给我
You sure those are ready?
你确定这些煮好了吗
[旧时通过意大利面是否能粘到墙上来判断是否煮熟]
You didn't throw one against the wall.
你还没往墙上扔呢
Oh, dad, nobody does that anymore.
爸 现在没有人这么做了
Oh. I guess we have new ways for doing everything now, huh?
就是说我们做所有事都换新方法了是吧
No. I didn't say that.
不 我可没那么说
I'm just saying that you can taste your food
我只是说你可以直接尝一下熟了没有
instead of flinging it at the wall like a chimp.
而不是像黑猩猩一样往墙上甩
Okay.
好吧
How's it taste?
味道如何
Actually, mm, that's pretty good.
事实上 还不错
But it could use a little,
但是如果能加点
um...sauce.
酱料
Let me just -- ooh, hot.
我来试试 好烫
Try a little Parmesan with that?
再加点帕尔马干酪
I should probably get that bread in the oven.
我应该把面包放进烤箱了
Just...
只要
Okay! Hey!
好了 好了
Hey, how about we take over in here
这里交给我们吧
while you two get cleaned up for dinner?
你们去收拾一下准备吃饭了
Yes, good idea.
好主意
Yeah. Okay.
好的
Approval comes from within.
自我肯定首先要来源于自身
Thank you.
谢谢
Your sauce needs garlic.
你的酱料需要加点蒜
- Okay. - Okay.
-好了 -好了
And that's a clock.
这是个表
Okay, well, do another one.
好吧 再试另一个地方
I've done like four.
我试了四个了
This dog is a worse hoarder than your uncle Clayton.
这只狗比你叔叔克莱顿还爱囤东西
He's a collector.
他是个收藏家
Of expired yogurt?
收藏过期酸奶吗
Getting tired.
累死我了
Cam, can we just stop, please?
小卡 能不能别找了
I feel like we've done our best,
我觉得我们已经尽力了
but we're just not gonna find it.
肯定是找不到了
Found it!
找到了
Oh! Good.
太好了
Thank god.
谢天谢地
I hadn't even told you my biggest plan for this yet.
我还没告诉你我对它的宏伟计划呢
Bigger than the top of our wedding cake?
比装饰蛋糕还宏伟的计划吗
I'm gonna have a mold made of it and give a reproduction
我要用它做个模子然后批量生产
to everyone who comes to the wedding
赠送给每一位来参加婚礼的
and everyone who can't come to the wedding.
和来不了的客人
Imagine hundreds of these across the country.
想象一下数百个我们的人偶散布全国
No!
No! No! Absolutely not!
不行 不行 绝对不行
I hate it! It's awful!
我讨厌它 太恶心了
I knew it!
我就知道
I knew it!
我就知道
It just shows up in Lily's bath,
它只是恰巧出现在莉莉的浴缸里
and then, all of a sudden, the dog has it?
然后突然间 又被狗叼走了吗
You have it in for this beautiful topper.
你就是故意盯着它不放
Look at this. Look at it. Look at it!
你看看 你好好看看它
Come on, you're all heroic and Paul Bunyan-y,
你一副威风凛凛大块头的样子
and I'm -- I'm, like, some sissy man
我呢 我就像个娘娘腔
with -- with pinkish cheeks and a turned-out heel.
红着脸颊 夹着腿
It's a caricature.
那只是一种表现形式
What matters is what it represents.
重要的是它代表的意义
My daddy making this for us
我爸爸为我们亲手制作的
means he's accepted us for who we are!
说明他已经接受了我们本来的样子
Don't you get that?
你难道不明白吗
I never really thought about it that way.
我倒是没有从这个角度想过
No. You hadn't.
你确实没有
I'm just being sensitive.
我只是有些敏感了
I need to have a thicker skin.
我应该神经再大条一点
I-I'm really, really sorry.
我真的非常非常抱歉
No, don't -- don't -- don't be sorry.
不 不用抱歉
No.
不用
And I -- n-- I don't want something at the wedding
我不希望有你不喜欢的东西
that makes you uncomfortable.
出现在婚礼上
Well, no, that doesn't seem fair.
不 那不太公平
I've used up all my vetoes.
我的否决权已经用光了
Well, if it --
如果
I guess, if it makes you feel better,
能让你好受一些的话
I could give you one more veto --
我可以再给你加一个否决权
if you give me one more, too.
但你也要给我加一个
Okay, sure.
好吧 当然可以
And in the future,
如果以后
if there's anything --
有什么事情
The wedding singer.
辞掉婚礼歌手
Okay. Thanks, daddy.
好的 谢谢 爸爸
I'll send you the perfect picture to model it on.
我会给你一张非常适合的照片作参考
After today, I'm convinced
今天过后我相信了
our landfills are 10% hair.
10%的填埋垃圾是头发
Oh, yes.
是啊
I forgot how exhausting this is.
我都忘记这事这么累人了
Well, all we have to do
现在我们只需要
is meet the clients back at the apartment,
回公寓去见一下客户
and then we can head home.
然后就可以回家了
Ay, no. I'm too tired now.
不 我现在好累
Let's reschedule.
改期吧
Really? Again?
真的吗 还改
Yes. Let's meet them next week.
是啊 下周再见吧
And besides, we're late for Jay's party.
而且 杰的聚会我们已经迟到了
Well, I'm not letting you go home looking like this.
我不会让你这个样子回家的
You're a little ratty back here.
你头发后面有点乱
Ay, no.
是啊
No, no, no. I got it.
没事 没事 我来
You just relax.
你放松就好
What a day, huh?
今天真是够累的
Being back here must bring up a lot of memories.
回到这里一定唤起了你很多回忆
Oh, yeah.
是啊
Maybe even some emotions.
也许还有一些情绪
Yeah. It feels weird.
是啊 感觉怪怪的
No, weird's an adjective,
怪是一个形容词
not an emotion, but go on.
不是一种情绪 但你继续说
Well, it's just that my life now is so different than before --
我现在的生活与以前大不相同
so much easier.
轻松多了
And that makes you feel...?
所以你觉得
Good.
很好
And also...?
还有呢
And bad.
也不好
Why?
为什么
I don't know.
我也不知道
Come on, now, Gloria.
说说吧 歌洛莉亚
I don't know.
我也不知道
I guess it just makes me feel a little ashamed.
我想我只是觉得有些惭愧
Now, what in the world do you have to be ashamed of?
为什么会惭愧呢
It's just that, you know,
只是 你懂的
before, when I used to live here,
以前住在这里时
I used to work for every penny.
我要努力工作赚钱
I would stand on my own two feet.
我全靠自己
Now I just stand on expensive shoes
现在我穿着这些昂贵的鞋子
that Jay buys for me.
都是杰买给我的
Is that why it's so hard to let go of the apartment?
是因为这样才不想卖掉房子吗
No, Phil, it's not that --
不 菲尔 不是因为这个
Gloria.
歌洛莉亚
Maybe.
也许是吧
Gloria.
歌洛莉亚
Yes.
是的
It's the last piece of the old me.
它是最后一件属于原来的我的东西
No, no! You're going too deep!
停 停 你太用力了
Oh. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
抱歉抱歉
I'm sorry, but I think you're looking at this all wrong.
对不起 但我觉得你的想法不对
The old you hasn't gone anywhere.
原来的你还在这里
I-I-I see it in the way you're raising Manny and Joe,
看你培养曼尼和乔的方式
the way you care for Jay.
看你照顾杰的样子
You never take anyone or anything for granted.
你从没把任何东西当作理所当然
You worked hard for years
你多年来一直努力工作
without knowing that things were gonna get better.
那时你也不知道生活会不会变好
And then the universe rewarded you.
然后你得到了回报
There's nothing to be ashamed of.
这没什么好惭愧的
So you're not mad at me
你不会因为
because I don't want to sell the apartment?
我不想卖房子而生气吧
No.
不会
You'll know when you're ready,
有一天你会准备好的
and I'll be here.
我等你
Aw, Phil.
菲尔
You're the best.
你最好了
There's no one like you.
没有谁像你这样
Claire, that looks so good.
克莱尔 看起来真好吃
I can't wait to try it.
我等不及要尝尝了
Thank you.
谢谢
Something has happened here.
有什么地方不太对劲
Well, you'll all be happy to know
你们一定很高兴
that our search for the cake topper
我们为了找到蛋糕装饰人偶
unearthed a number of family treasures.
挖出了好多家族宝贝
Come on, Cam. We're eating over here.
拜托 小卡 我们这正吃饭呢
Wait.
等一下
Didn't I give you this for Father's Day?
这不是父亲节我送给你的吗
And that.
还有这个
You see how this dog is?
看到这狗的本性了吧
My karaoke microphone.
我的卡拉OK麦克风
Jay, check it out!
杰 快看
The other walkie-talkie!
是另一个无线通话机
Shame on you, Jay Pritchett!
真替你脸红 杰·普里契特
You have used this dog to bury the things that you hate.
你利用这只狗把你讨厌的东西都埋了
- What? - Yeah!
-什么 -没错
Since when do you need help burying things?
你从何时开始需要别人帮你埋东西了
Calm down. She buries stuff of mine, too. Look.
淡定 她也埋了我的东西 看
Everybody at the office bought me this clock last month.
上个月办公室的人给我买了这只钟
Honey, what's the matter with you?
宝贝 你是怎么回事
That's a question that maybe you should answer.
这个问题该问你吧
Oh, my gosh! My headphones!
天呐 我的耳机
That's the worst.
这太恶劣了
"Here's to 40 years in the business.
谨以此庆祝从业40周年
Enjoy your new timer, old-timer."
享受你的新家伙吧 老家伙
Suddenly, it made sense.
我猛然间明白了
In my dad's mind,
在我爸爸眼里
I was reaching for a torch he wasn't ready to pass.
我要接住火炬了 而他还不想传下去
Sure, someday,
确实有朝一日
I'm gonna take over his business,
我会接手他的生意
but not tonight.
但不是今晚
Tonight is still Jay's night.
今晚还是属于杰的
So, dad...
爸爸
turns out,
其实
I did have a bunch of questions for you last week,
我上周有很多问题想问你
but I didn't want to bother you with them.
但我不想打扰你
I didn't want you to think I couldn't handle it.
我不想让你觉得我搞不定
There's no shame in asking for help.
寻求帮助没有什么可耻的
You can always call.
你可以随时打给我
Well, I won't need to.
我不用打给你
You'll be in the office down the hall, right?
你会一直在走廊尽头的办公室里不是吗
Right.
没错
Goldilocks to Papa Bear.
金发姑娘呼叫熊爸爸
Goldilocks to Papa Bear.
金发姑娘呼叫熊爸爸
Come in, Papa Bear.
请回答 熊爸爸
This is Papa Bear.
我是熊爸爸
On location in the garage, Papa Bear.
位置在车库 熊爸爸
Got some cocoa with your name on it.
这里有标着你名字的热可可
What's your 20?
你在什么方位
Oh, what the hell?
不是吧
What's going on?
怎么了
The kids unfriended me again.
孩子们又和我解除好友关系了
How am I supposed to know what's going on in their lives
这要我如何打探他们在干什么呢
If they never talk to me?
他们也不跟我说
Honey...
亲爱的
I got this.
让我来
Yeah. It's been kind of a rough year.
是啊 今年过得不太顺
New school,
新的学校
new kids,
新的小伙伴
and now I'm taking advice about girls
如今我把妹都要听一个
from a kid who has his own shoe buffer.
有自己的擦皮鞋机的孩子的建议
What?!
什么
I tried beer.
我喝了啤酒
Wow, dad. This feels great.
爸爸 这感觉真棒
Good. Good.
很好 很好
You're-- you sure there's --
你真的
there's nothing on your mind?
没什么心事吗
No.
没有
Why do you ask, dad?
怎么这么问 爸爸
You seem upset about something.
你看起来有点心烦
It's just, you reach a certain age,
只是 人到了一定年纪
and you start to wonder,
就开始怀疑
"Am I everything I wanted to be?"
我成为自己想成为的人了吗
I mean, am I selling houses,
我是在卖房子
or am I just selling out?
还是只是在卖而已
Anything else?
还有呢
Alex tried beer.
艾丽克斯喝啤酒了