摩登家庭 第五季 Modern Family Season 5 第2集: First Days

上映日期: 2,013

语言: 英语

影片类型: 喜剧 / 家庭

导演: 詹姆斯·R·巴格多纳斯

演员: 艾德·奥尼尔 / 索菲娅·维加拉 / 朱丽·鲍温 / 泰·布利尔 / 杰西·泰勒·弗格森 / 艾瑞克·斯通斯崔特 / 萨拉·海蓝德 / 诺兰·古德 / 里克·罗德里格兹 / 奥布里·安德森-埃蒙斯


台词
Traditional "First day of school" Pancakes.
传统的"开学日"薄烤饼
- Whipped-cream smile? - Dad, I'm in high school now.
-画个奶油笑脸不 -老爸 我都上高中了
Just put it in my mouth.
直接挤进我嘴里就行
Okay, that's disgusting. Stop it.
好了 太恶心了 快住手
Hey, save some of that bossing people around
快省省这发号施令的架势
for the office, lady.
留着去办公室使 女士
After a 20-year vacation,
休假20年后
Claire is rejoining the work force.
克莱尔终于要重回职场了
Not a vacation.
那可不是休假
But I am starting a job at my dad's closet company.
但我要去我爸的橱柜公司开始新工作了
He's kind of grooming me to take over.
他打算栽培我日后接手公司
I have a background in marketing.
我有市场营销方面的专业背景
I'm so proud of her.
我非常为她骄傲
Oh, uh, speaking of marketing -- we're out of milk.
说到市场 我们家的牛奶喝完了
I'm actually kind of nervous.
我其实挺紧张的
You're gonna be great.
你一定会表现得很好的
And remember, if you get into a jam,
记住 一旦碰到麻烦
just do the impression I taught you.
就来一段我教你的模仿秀
Hey. You can hang your clothes in me.
嘿 你可以把你的衣服挂在我身体里
Christopher walk-in closet.
克里斯托弗-步入式衣柜
I'm not doing that.
我死也不会那么做
Okay, relax, mom. You're working for grandpa.
放松点 老妈 你是给外公干活
It's not even a real job.
都算不上真正意义上的工作
It's like that summer when I worked for dad.
就跟夏天时 我给老爸打工一样
He was just trying to make me feel good about myself.
他只是试图在帮我树立信心
He didn't really need my help.
不是真的需要我帮忙
That's not true.
不是这样的
I needed your help distributing all those fliers.
我确实需要你帮我分发宣传单
And I did. Wink, wink.
我确实也分了 看我眼色
How are you already doing homework?
你怎么现在就在做作业了
It's junior year. I have to get good grades.
我都高三了 得考好点才行
Don't you know how competitive it is out there?
你不知道现在外面竞争多激烈吗
Stop pressuring me!
别再给我施加压力了
You know, this is what happens to kids
好端端的小孩变成这副鬼样子
when they're not sexually active.
完全是因为缺乏性活动
Don't you have some studying to do?
你不用去学习吗
Please, it's community college.
拜托 我上的是社区大学
They tell you to bring a glue stick.
他们只会让你带根固体胶去上学
Hello.
你好
Yes, this is he -- him -- me.
没错 就是他 那位 我
Right the first time.
第一次就说对了
I'll be right there.
我马上过去
Mitchell, that was it.
米奇尔 就是这个
That was the call. I'm going in.
等的就是这电话 我要过去了
Due to budget cuts, my position as middle-school music teacher
由于预算削减 我的初中音乐教师岗位
has been eliminated,
被撤销了
So I've been working as a high-school sub.
所以我一直在当高中替补教师
Ka-ching!
好耶
I never know when I'll be summoned to swoop into action.
我从没想到还会收到"使命召唤"呢
I'm kind of like batman.
我有点像蝙蝠侠
But except for a bat-signal, I get a phone call.
但我接到的不是蝙蝠求救图案 而是一通电话
Yeah, you found the one difference.
是啊 你还是发现了点差异
I hate to miss her first day,
我也不想错过她的开学日
but do you mind taking Lily to school?
但你能送莉莉去学校吗
Oh, Cam, today?
小卡 今天吗
I got to prep for my meeting with Charlie.
我得准备跟查理的会面
I only get him for an hour
我跟他只有一小时会谈时间
between his vacations in Aspen and Cabo.
那还是趁着他在阿斯彭和卡波间的度假间隙
Okay, you need to confront him
你得去当面跟他对质
and tell him his pathetic little midlife crisis
告诉他 他那点无聊的中年危机
is making it impossible for you to do your job.
会让你无法完成你的工作
Because he responds so well to criticism.
因为他是个谦逊接受批评的人吗
No, he'll fire me, and then we'll end up
不 他会炒了我 然后我们就不得不在
having to get married in your family's barn.
你家的谷仓里举行婚礼
Oh, well, we need to book that soon
我们得抓紧时间预定了
because spring is hoedown season,
因为春天是方形舞季
And then you get right into summer stock, so...
接着又是夏季的剧团下乡演出 所以...
I don't believe any of that.
我才不相信你说的
All right, if I'm gonna take Lily, I need to hurry.
好了 如果要由我送莉莉 我得快点
Lily, sweetheart, let's get you dressed.
莉莉 甜心 快穿上衣服
Hey, I've been dressed for an hour.
我衣服都穿好一小时了
Come on, I can't be late. I'll fall behind.
快点 我可不能迟到 我会掉队的
Sometimes I forget to factor in the Asian.
我有时总会忘记考虑她的亚洲人特性
家 庭
摩 登
第五季 第二集
Buddy, I know a new school can be scary,
伙计 我知道新学校会有点令人恐惧
so a little advice --
所以给你点小建议
Every time you meet someone new, pay them a compliment.
你每碰到一个新朋友 就赞美对方几句
Like, um, "I love your hair."
比如 我喜欢你的头发
"Awesome kicks." "You have a beautiful smile."
腿法不错啊 你笑起来真美
Okay, dad, I'll tell that big guy over there
好了 老爸 我去跟那边那个大块头说
that he's got a beautiful smile.
他笑起来很美
Fine. Skin, cheekbones, make it your own.
很好 皮肤啊 颧骨啊 随你怎么编
Um, could you maybe not walk me all the way in?
你能不能别一路跟着我进去
What?
什么
I've got it from here.
从这里开始我自己走就行
Sure. Yeah. Okay. Give your dad a --
当然 好吧 跟你老爸抱
Off you go. Alex!
去吧 艾丽克斯
Ay, Manny, why are you so quiet?
曼尼 你为什么这么安静
Are you nervous because of your first day in high school?
因为高中开学第一天而紧张吗
Mom, after spending a summer in Colombia,
老妈 在哥伦比亚待了一个夏天
I'm a changed man.
我已经脱胎换骨了
Oh, my God, what did you see?!
天呐 你看到了什么
Nothing,
没什么
but I am an international jet-setter now.
但我现在是个乘过喷气飞机跨国旅行的阔少了
I'm sophisticated.
我很高端大气上档次
And you think that the girls are gonna pick up on this?
你觉得姑娘们会因为这个而注意你吗
If not, I still have my "Unaccompanied minor" Sign.
如果不行 我还有个"无人照顾的儿童"的标志
Ay, I cannot believe
我真不敢相信
that my little baby's going to the high school.
我的小宝贝都要上高中了
Mom, stop. You're embarrassing me.
老妈 快住手 你这是让我出丑呢
It's my first day, too. I could use a hug.
今天也是我开学第一天 我可以跟你抱抱
Go!
滚出
- Hey, Gloria. - Hi, Phil.
-你好啊 歌洛莉亚 -好啊 菲尔
First day of high school, huh?
高中开学第一天啊
Is Manny excited?
曼尼兴奋吗
Ay, he was up at 5:00 in the morning, ironing.
他今天早上5点就起床熨衣服了
Ay, but he does that, too, when he's depressed,
不过他郁闷的时候也这么做
so now I don't know.
我也不知道是什么情况
How was Luke?
卢克怎么样
Great. Yeah, he had a hard time saying goodbye.
很好啊 他挺舍不得跟我告别的
But, um, anyway, I think I'm gonna go get a cup of coffee.
但是不管怎样 我要买杯咖啡去
- Can I go with you? - Yeah.
-我能跟你一起去吗 -行啊
Dude, I'm kind of working something here.
老兄 我正在对美女发动攻势呢
How many trucks would that take?
要几辆卡车
Give me a minute, Fred.
等我一会儿 弗雷德
New girl just walked in.
新来的姑娘来了
That's disgusting. She's my daughter.
你这话真恶心 那是我女儿
Sweetheart, you look terrific.
亲爱的 你看起来美极了
Are you sure?
真的吗
'cause I have another blouse in -- in here.
因为我还带了领一件衬衫在...在这里
It's the only thing in here, that and a pair of glasses
里面只有这一样东西 衬衫和一副眼镜
In case I need to read something or look smarter.
以防我需要读点什么 看起来聪明一点
Relax.
放松
It's your first day.
今天是你第一天工作
Impossible to blow it. What are those?
不会搞砸的 那是什么
Oh, cookies -- I made them for the office.
饼干 我给工作人员做的
Huge mistake. Fred, two more seconds.
大错误 弗雷德 再给我点时间
I got a situation here. Put the cookies down.
我这里出了点状况 把饼干放下
- Why? - You're management.
-为什么 -你是管理层
Makes you look desperate.
那让你显得费尽心机
Makes you look like you want everyone to like you.
显得你很渴望让大家都喜欢你
I do want everyone to like me.
我确实很想让大家都喜欢我
You want everyone to respect you.
你想让大家都尊重你
You got to be tough. Keep your distance.
你就得冷酷 树立距离感
Well, maybe we are different kinds of managers.
也许我们是不同类型的管理人
Yeah, I'm yours. Just leave the cookies.
是啊 但你归我管 把饼干留下吧
Look at you, my big first-grader.
瞧瞧你 我的一年级宝贝
All right, I want you to make so many friends
好了 我希望你交到很多朋友
and have so much fun.
享受欢乐时光
Got to go! I can't wait to learn!
我得走了 迫不及待要去学习了
- Be careful! - What?
-小心点 -什么
Nothing.
没什么
Please do not be late. Let's go. Looking good.
请不要迟到 快点 情况不错
Uh, uh, Principal Brown?
布朗校长
- Yes. - Hi. I'm Cameron Tucker.
-什么事 -你好 我是卡梅隆·塔克
I was called in to sub today.
我接到了电话 要我今天代课
Oh, yeah, you're in for Mrs. Hurley. Hello.
对哦 你是来代替哈利老师的 你好
- Hello. - She has come down with a sudden case of rehab.
-你好 -她得去康复中心戒瘾
So do a good job
好好干吧
'cause this could be a permanent position.
这可能是个长期职位
Well, prepare to feel like an old denim vest
你就当自己是件结实的老牛仔背心吧
because I'm about to "Be-dazzling" You.
因为我会亮瞎你的眼
I don't know what that means, but okay.
我不知道那是什么意思 但好吧
So, what am I teaching?
我教哪门课
A.P. History.
高阶历史
I desperately wanted that job.
我十分想要那份工作
There was just one problem --
但只有一个问题
I don't know much about history.
我对历史知之甚少
Do you know much biology?
那你很了解生物吗
Not now, Mitchell.
别犯贱 米奇尔
What about your science book or the French you took?
你的科学或者法语怎么样
You're lucky I love you.
你真走运我很爱你
And I know that if you love me, too...
我知道如果你也爱我
*What a wonderful world this would be*
*世界将会多么美好*
I really was in a jam, though.
我真的摊上麻烦了
My dad thinks that he can motivate his workers
我爸觉得树立冷酷疏远的权威形象
by being a cold, distant authority figure.
能激发员工的积极性
Well, if his style is so effective, riddle me this --
如果他的方法那么有效 回答我这个问题
why didn't I listen to him?
为什么我从来不听他的
Hey.
大家好
Hi. Sorry. I'm Claire.
抱歉打扰了 我叫克莱尔
It's my first day, so I thought I'd say hi.
今天是我第一天来上班 所以我来打个招呼
- Oh. Hey. - Amazing.
-你好 -太神奇了
You guys are actually hanging out by the water cooler.
你们居然真在冷水器旁边谈天说地
I have xerostomia. It's chronic dry mouth.
我得了口干症 长期口腔干燥
I'm -- I'm so sorry.
我 很抱歉
I-I-I-I was just doin' a thang, you know, like...
我只是随口说说 你知道的 就像...
Anyway,
话说回来
My door's always open... to everyone.
我办公室的大门一直为各位敞开
That's Pritchett's daughter.
她是普里契特的女儿
Um, yeah, but I don't want you to think of me like that.
是的 但我不希望你们拘泥于我这个身份
I'm -- I'm a friend. I'm a colleague.
我是你们的朋友 是同事
I'm just like you.
我就和你们一样
I'm Claire, you know -- worker bee, just...
我是克莱尔 勤劳的工蜂
Great to meet you.
见到你们真好
Sorry to interrupt, and see you around.
抱歉打扰了 回头见
I do -- I got to do this one.
我必须得表演一下
Who am I?
我是谁
You can hang your clothes in me.
你们可以在我身体里挂衣服
Christopher walk-in closet.
克里斯托弗-步入式衣柜
What is this?
什么情况
Oh, sorry, folks. It's closed. We're shooting a commercial.
二位 对不起 这里停业了 我们在拍广告
So annoying.
真烦人
Listen, we just want to get a cup of coffee.
我们只想喝杯咖啡
Actually, we're short a couple of extras.
其实我们还缺少两位群众演员
How would you two like to be in it?
你们愿意帮忙吗
- Yes! - That sounds amazing.
-愿意 -听起来棒极了
Hey, um, I see a couple of old people.
我看见了两位老人
This isn't one of those catheter commercials, is it?
这不是导尿管的广告吧
'Cause if it gets too descriptive,
如果广告描述的太详细
I'm gonna squirm.
我会浑身难受的
I just did it to myself.
我刚刚就抖了一下
I did my best to cram for my lecture
我尽全力备好了
on the revolutionary war, but, ugh.
美国独立战争这堂课 但是
All those names and dates -- it's all so dry.
所有的名字和日期都十分枯燥
Where's the drama?
怎样才能制造戏剧效果呢
戏剧部
Good morrow!
早安
Oh, boy.
天啊
Oh, what is all this strange garb you adorn?
你们穿的是什么奇怪的服饰
Are you trappers from the Canadian provinces?
你们是从加拿大省来的捕兽者吗
Are you here to sell your beavers?
你们是来卖海狸的吗
Who are you?
你是谁啊
The 64-pence question.
价值64便士的问题
模仿竞赛游戏节目
I crossed the Delaware during the Revolutionary War.
我在独立战争期间 曾穿过特拉华州
I spent a brutal winter in Valley Forge.
我在福治河谷度过了寒冬
Who am I?
我是谁
I-I have no idea.
我完全不知道
I-I swear I don't know who this man is.
我发誓我不认识这人
I'm George Washington, of course.
我当然是乔治·华盛顿啦
Our syllabus says we're supposed to cover
教学大纲上写着 我们应该学习
Native Americans on the eve of colonization.
美国原著民在殖民主义开始前的状况
Yes. Native Americans. Indians!
是啊 美国原住民 印第安人
A majestic, peaceful people,
威严和平的民族
who lived off the land and cried when they saw litter.
他们依靠土地生存 看见垃圾时会哭泣
The textbook says many tribes were often at war,
课本上写的是部落之间常常发生战争
with allegiances shifting all of the ti--
朝秦暮楚 朝三...
Shifting all the time!
朝三暮四
So, were the Indians friends with the Colonists or not?
那印第安人和殖民者到底是不是朋友
Ah! Yes.
问得好 是的
I know one Indian
我认识一个印第安人
who was friends with a construction worker, biker,
他和建筑工人 骑车人
and traffic cop.
以及交警都是好朋友
Uh, do y-- nothing?
你们 没反应吗
Seriously, nothing?
没搞错吧 居然没反应
Okay, your parents are gonna love that joke.
你们的爹妈会喜欢刚刚那笑话的
Okay, Pritchett, I'm here. You got a half-hour.
好了 普里契特 我来了 你有半小时时间
I have my helicopter standing by on the roof.
我的直升飞机在楼顶上等着
Is it even built for that?
楼顶上能停直升飞机吗
No. That's why you only have a half-hour.
不能 所以你只有半小时
Well, I'm not sure that's gonna be enough time.
我不确定时间够不够
We have a ton to cover.
我们要说好多事呢
We need to talk about new lease agreements
我们得谈谈新的租赁合同
and the workers' comp package.
以及工人的薪资福利问题
29 minutes. I think I hear creaking.
只剩29分钟了 我好像听到了嘎吱声
Daddy, I'm bored.
爹地 我好无聊
Me, too.
我也是
This is why I shouldn't come into work between vacations.
所以我不该在假期之间来工作
Why don't you sit at Natalie's desk
你去坐在娜塔莉的桌子旁
and pretend to be my assistant, sweetie?
假装是我的助理好吗 亲爱的
Sorry about that. My niece is coming to pick her up.
抱歉 我侄女马上就来接走她
Lily had an incident at school today where she --
莉莉今天在学校出了场事故 她...
Hey, Pritchett,
普里契特
you're not some hot single mom i'm trying to seduce,
你又不是我想勾引的单身辣妈
so I don't need to hear about your kid.
我没必要听你唠叨你家小孩
Fair enough. So, lease agreements.
有道理 好吧 租赁合同
Okay, I'm getting some push-back on the Miami location.
迈阿密那处房产有些推迟
Mr. Pritchett, I have a Haley here to see you.
普里契特先生 有位海莉小姐找你
Oh. Okay.
好吧
Hi, sweetheart.
你好 亲爱的
I'm in the middle of a meeting with my boss,
我在和我老板开会呢
but thank you so much for helping me out.
万分感谢你来帮我
No problem.
没关系
My last class is a pass/fail.
我上节课只给及格或不及格
And it's community college, so it's pass.
那是社区大学 所以肯定会及格
Hi. Charlie Bingham.
你好 我是查理·宾汉姆
Look at your eyes.
瞧瞧你美丽的双眸
Oh. I-I can't.
我看不到
I like you.
我喜欢你
What do you think of these pants?
你觉得我的裤子怎么样
It's part of our new collection.
是我们的新款之一
It's, uh, a lot of zippers.
有好多拉链啊
It's too many, right?
太多了 是吧
And they poke into my thigh when I'm in my helicopter.
当我坐直升机时 拉链都戳进了我的大腿
'Cause I have a helicopter. It's not a big deal.
因为我有直升飞机 没什么大不了的
Okay, so, anyway, thank you.
总之 谢谢你
You seem to know a lot about fashion.
你好像很了解时尚
I'd like to get your opinion on a few things.
关于几件衣服的款式 我想问问你的意见
- Sure. - Yeah?
-当然啦 -可以吗
- Yeah. - Actually, no, she -- she needs to stay and watch Lily.
-可以 -其实不行 她得留下来照看莉莉
Yeah, you can do that.
你去照看吧
Hey, princess. Hey.
你好啊 小公主
I love kids.
我超爱小孩子
Daddy's office.
爹地的办公室
You sound like a little girl.
你讲话才像小女孩呢
Hey, you wanted to see me?
你想见我吗
Thanks for "Bzzzing" By.
谢谢你"凑空"过来
I hope you weren't in the middle of a "Thang."
我希望你"木有"在忙呢
Okay, that did get a little away from me.
好吧 刚刚我确实有点失控
But to be fair, I broke the ice.
但说实话 我打破了坚冰
Everybody thinks you're a dummy.
每个人都觉得你是个傻瓜
Not everybody. No, as a matter of fact,
不是每个人 不是的 实际上
One of the guys in the break room asked me to lunch.
休息室有个人约我共进午餐呢
- His name is Todd. - Don't say Todd.
-他名叫陶德 -别说是陶德啊
Oh, no.
不是吧
You cannot go to lunch with Todd.
你不能和陶德一起共进午餐
Why not?
为什么不行
You can't be associated with him.
你不能和他有什么往来
Up until an hour ago,
直到一小时前
he was the office weirdo.
他的"办公室怪胎"身份都无人动摇
But he was nice to me,
但他对我很好啊
And he helped me set up my computer.
他还帮我装电脑呢
Yeah, that's his job. For now.
是啊 那就是他的工作 暂时是的
What does that mean?
那是什么意思
I'm firing him as soon as I can find an I.T. Guy
我一找到新的IT人才就会炒了他
who shows up on time
只要那个人能准时上班
and doesn't creep out the office.
而且不会让办公室其他人觉得讨厌
I can't cancel on the one person who was nice to me.
我不能取消跟他的约定 他是唯一对我好的人
You can, but you won't,
你可以取消 但你不会取消的
'cause you're the type of person who brings cookies to the office.
因为你是那种会带饼干到办公室来的人
Where are they?
饼干哪儿去了
Okay, we're done here.
好了 没什么好说的了
Okay, folks, you're just having a normal conversation,
好了 大伙儿 你们就装作随意交谈
a typical day in a coffee shop, all right?
就像平常在咖啡店里那样 明白吗
Roger that.
明白
Here we go, guys.
开始了哦 大家
And...action!
准备 开拍
How have you been, Roy?
你最近怎么样 罗伊
Ah, a little down.
心情有点低落
Helen and I really miss the kids,
海伦和我真的很想念孩子们
But we just can't afford to visit them right now.
但我们现在没钱去探望他们
- Have you considered a reverse mortgage? - What's that?
-你们考虑过反向抵押贷款吗 -那是什么
- You have equity in your home, right? - This coffee is delicious!
-你的房子是有产权的对吧 -咖啡真好喝啊
All right, you two in the back, we can hear you,
后面的二位 我们听到你们的声音了
So just mime your conversation.
你们能像演哑剧一样用手势对话吗
Mime -- mime -- I knew that.
哑剧 哑剧 我懂的
I was already doing that, so just follow my lead.
我刚刚就是那样做的 跟着我做就行了
Okay, sorry, sorry. We'll do it again.
好的 抱歉 我们再来一次
But everything else is okay?
但我们的其他表现都可以吗
You haven't done anything else.
你们还没做其他什么事
- So, yeah? - Back to one, guys.
-所以是说可以吗 -重新开始
Action.
开拍
How have you been, Roy?
你最近怎么样 罗伊
Ah, a little down.
心情有点低落
Helen and I really miss the kids,
海伦和我真的很想念孩子们
But we just can't afford to visit them right now.
但我们现在没钱去探望他们
- Have you considered a reverse mortgage? - What's that?
-你们考虑过反向抵押贷款吗 -那是什么
You have equity in your home, right?
你的房子是有产权的对吧
- Sure, we do. - What are they doing?
-当然了 -他们在搞什么呢
Is she answering an imaginary phone?
她是在假装接电话吗
Oh, that sounds too good to be true.
那简直好得令人难以置信啊
Don't take my word for it.
你可以不用听我的
Here's Henry Winkler to tell you more.
接下来亨利·维克纳会给你做更详细的介绍
Okay, cut.
好了 停
Couple in the back.
后面的那一对
Yep. No, I know. I know. Bigger?
在 不 我懂了 再大点声吗
The native Americans and the settlers
美国原著民和殖民者
had two completely different ideas of land ownership.
对土地所有权的观念完全不同
Eventually, these differences would lead to war.
最终 这些不同将引发战争
Oh. Look, goose bumps.
快看 我都起鸡皮疙瘩了
Okay, yes. Uh, class dismissed.
好了 就到这儿吧 下课
We did it!
我们做到了
Thank you so much for stepping in. Oh, and I promise,
谢谢你半路拔刀相助 我保证
Tomorrow, I will do my best to be more prepared.
明天我一定课前做好充分准备
Tomorrow? Why won't Mrs. Hurley be back?
明天吗 哈利老师不是回来了吗
Well, I don't want to be indelicate,
我也不想说出这么无礼的话
But the good news is, is I might be your permanent teacher.
但好消息是 我可能会成为你的专职老师
- I don't want you to be my permanent teacher. - Oh, what?
-我不希望你成为我的专职老师 -怎么
You'd rather have a raging alcoholic?
你更希望一个大酒鬼来当你的老师吗
Listen to me.
听好了
I've worked nonstop to build the perfect academic record,
我孜孜不倦地学习 才取得这么好的成绩
And I'm not going to let you screw it up now.
我可不会让你给毁了
I have an A.P. Test in 160 days,
我160天后就要进行高阶考试了
and I need to ace it.
我必须名列前茅
Can you get me there or not?
你能助我登上顶峰吗
I can rally like the brave men of the Alamo.
我可以像阿拉摩的勇士一般重振旗鼓
You do realize that all the men of the alamo died?
你知道阿拉摩的勇士全死光了吧
They all died!
他们全死了
Ruthie's older, so she thinks she's the boss.
露希年长一些 所以她觉得自己就是老大
But for a little guy, Stu holds his own.
但对于一个小家伙来说 斯顿自有一套
They can be a handful.
他们有时候挺难伺候的
But, god, they make me laugh so hard, you know?
但是 他们总让我笑得肚子疼
I did not know you could even tell the gender of a turtle.
我不知道你连乌龟的性别都可以区分开呢
Oh, yeah.
那当然了
It's called "Sexing the turtle," And it's an eight-step process.
那叫"乌龟辨雌雄"大法 总共有8步
Now, let's pretend your hand is a turtle.
现在我们假装你的手就是一只乌龟
- Okay. - What you do is you flip it over.
-好的 -你要把它翻过身来
And then you have to look right into --
然后你要仔细瞧瞧它的...
Oh, okay. I get it. I get it. I think I get it.
好吧 我懂了 我懂了 我想明白了
Oh. I know. I'm droning on, aren't I?
我懂的 我的说教太无聊了 对吧
Please, stop. Please stop!
停下 求你快停下
You're not. You're not.
你没有啦 你没有啦
I am. But enough about my family.
我就是的 不过我的家庭情况介绍得够多了
Tell me about yours.
跟我说说你的家庭吧
All right, well, my husband Phil's a realtor.
好啊 我丈夫菲尔是个房地产中介
That's funny. I'm buying a house.
真巧啊 我刚好想买房呢
Why? When?
为什么 什么时候
Actually, we have the final walk-through today,
实际上 我们今天就要进行最后的看房
Sign the papers tomorrow.
明天就签合同了
Th-that's a really big deal, Todd.
那 那可是件大事 陶德
Yeah, and it's a bit of a stretch for us, too,
是啊 而且对我们也挺艰难的
But, uh, no, the time is right.
但是 不行 现在时机正好
We're just -- we're gonna do it.
我们 我们一定要买
"We" is you and the turtles?
"我们"指的是你和乌龟们吗
No, me and my wife.
不 是我和我妻子
A w-- I'm sorry.
妻...我很抱歉
You didn't mention your wife. That's great.
你没说你有妻子啊 那太棒了
I bet she's got a big, fancy, high-paying job, right?
我猜她的工作一定高端又高薪吧
Uh, she's getting her master's.
她正在攻读硕士学位
- In? - Latin.
-哪方面的 -拉丁文
Oh, Todd.
陶德呀
This may not be the best time to buy a house.
现在或许不是买房的最佳时机
I hate to be the one to break this to you --
我也不想做坏人 来跟你说这些
Oh. No, no, no, no, I got this.
不不不 我来买单
No, you don't.
不 不用了
Stand by, everyone.
大家预备
I really felt like I nailed that last one.
我真觉得我上一条拍得特别好
I still feel so stiff.
我还是觉得很不入戏
I don't know what to pretend saying.
我都不知道该假装说什么才好
You're thinking too much. Just draw from your own life.
你想得太多了 就从你的现实生活出发就好
Like, how was your day today?
比如 你今天过得怎么样
Lousy. My own son didn't want to hug me.
糟透了 我的亲儿子不想跟我拥抱
Okay, so use that.
好吧 就用上这种情绪
My character, Dr. Stephen Wilson,
我的角色 叫斯蒂芬·威尔逊医生
Is also sad because his son wouldn't take his advice
也很伤心 因为他儿子不肯听他的建议
And he wanted to be dropped off a block away from school.
而且他想在距学校一个街区远的地方就下车
He expected that from his daughters
他能理解他的女儿们这么做
But thought his son would be different.
他以为他的儿子会不一样呢
That's so sad.
那太可悲了
But Dr. Stephen wilson is not going to let that
但斯蒂芬医生是不会让这件事
ruin breakfast with his mistress.
毁了他和情人的早餐时光
You know, maybe it's just time for us to --
其实 或许我们现在是时候
to accept that we have to let them go.
放开他们的手了
Maybe it is.
或许是吧
Okay, everyone, here we go. We're rolling.
好了 大家 开始了 摄像机要开拍了
And action!
开始
How have you been, Roy?
你最近怎么样 罗伊
Ah, a little down.
心情有点低落
Helen and I really miss the kids,
海伦和我真的很想念孩子们
But we just can't afford to visit them right now.
但我们现在没钱去探望他们
- Have you considered a reverse mortgage? - What's that?
-你们考虑过反向抵押贷款吗 -那是什么
Uh, you have equity in your home, right?
你的房子是有产权的对吧
- Sure, we do. - Please, no crying.
-当然 -请你别哭
You're gonna make me cry, too.
你哭我也想哭了
Well, essentially the bank buys your house.
本质上来说就是银行买下了你的房子
But you still get to live in it.
但你依然可以住在里面
That sounds too good to be true.
那简直好得令人难以置信啊
Don't take my word for it.
你可以不用听我的
Here's Henry Winkler to tell us more.
接下来亨利·维克纳会给你做更详细的介绍
[《欢乐时光》中方奇的扮演者]
I don't want the Fonz to see me like this.
我可不想让方奇看到我这个样子
It's a prototype. It can withstand
这件是样品 可以抵挡住
the most extreme temperatures on the planet.
地球上最极端的温度
It's waterproof, and it wicks sweat.
防水面料 可以去除汗水
It also repels women.
那也会令女人却步
I know. I hate it. I'll burn it tonight!
我知道 我讨厌这件 今晚我就烧掉
Aah! Actually, it doesn't burn.
事实上 这个烧不掉
Anyway, if we could get back to the lease agreements here.
好啦 我们继续说租赁合同
You're amazing. How would you fix it?
你太厉害了 你觉得该怎么改
It's too boxy.
太宽松了
Probably have to take it in here...
也许可以改成这样
- Right. - ...and here.
-没错 -还有这里
Yeah, I probably overdo it in the gym.
我健身健得有些过了
Stupid 7% body fat.
该死的7%的身体脂肪
Okay, so getting back to work.
好吧 继续工作
We are working. Why are we working?!
我们在工作 为什么要工作
I got to go to Cabo. Hey, you want to come with me?
我得去卡波了 你想和我一起去吗
Oh, I've, uh, never been to Cabo.
我从未去过卡波
Yeah, she's not going to cabo 'cause she's half your age.
她不会去卡波 因为你老得能当她爹了
- How old are you? - Who cares?
-你多大了 -谁在乎这个
Pretty soon, I'm gonna look 20.
很快 我就会面如二十少年郎
I've been meditating in one of those pressurized eggs.
我一直在密封蛋内冥想[类似太空舱]
Well, if I went to cabo,
如果我去卡波
what would the sleeping situation be?
睡眠情况会是怎样的
Not much.
没什么时间睡
Okay, no, that is enough! No! No!
好了 够了 调戏到此为止
She is my niece!
她是我的外甥女
Okay?
明白吗
This pathetic midlife crisis of yours
你这种可悲的中年危机
is -- is hurting the company,
危害到了公司
and I'm getting so sick of cleaning up your messes.
我已经厌倦了给你擦屁股
Y-you need to focus and you need to start acting your age --
你需要集中精神 你的行为要与年龄相符
Your -- your real age, not your egg age.
你真正的年龄 而不是"蛋内"年龄
Normally, if someone talked to me that way, I'd fire him.
通常来说 有人跟我这样说话 我会炒掉他
But I respect your honesty. I respect your passion.
但我尊重你的诚实 尊重你的激情
It's like me. I'm a very passionate man.
和我一样 我也是一个很有激情的男人
Just focus.
集中精神做正事
You're right. You're right. You're right. You're right.
你说得对 你说得对
What's that creaking?
那个嘎吱声是怎么回事
Hut! Hike!
预备 开球
Oh, hey, you're going the wrong way!
你跑错方向了
That's the wrong way! No!
方向错了 不是
Wait. I'm sorry. You're right.
等等 对不起 你是对的
Uh, excuse me, principal Brown.
打扰下 布朗校长
Yikes. You know, most subs just play a movie.
妈呀 大多数代课老师就在课上放部电影算了
All right, do something different, guys.
好啦 来点不同的 同学们
Uh, listen, I-I can't be your history teacher.
听我说 我不能做历史老师
Those kids work so hard, and they deserve someone
那些孩子学习非常努力 他们值得拥有
who knows the material and can inspire them, so...
真才实学 并且可以激励他们的老师 所以
If you say so.
随你吧
Hey, I was wondering,
我想问下
what kind of play was that you were running?
你这是在训练什么战术
Was that supposed to be a slant?
是侧攻吗
Our freshman coach quit.
高一的教练辞职了
I'm just a glorified babysitter.
我这是变相在做保姆
Well, your receiver needs to learn to run his routes,
接球手需要学习跑位
or the quarterback's never gonna be able to hit him.
否则四分卫不可能把球传给他
- I-I played in college. - Oh. Okay.
-我在大学时打过校队 -好的
Hey, Tyler, you need to learn to run your routes.
泰勒 你需要学习跑位
What routes?
什么位
Yeah, what routes?
对 什么位
Well, you're gonna line up here.
在这里就位
Take three steps.
跑三步
One, two, three -- plant right,
一二三 到这里
Open left 45 degrees up the field.
左45度跑向球场
Okay, why don't we try it again?
不如再来一次
Try it again! Tip!
再来一次
Put some zip on the ball, 18!
投球时要用力 18号
Hut, hut, hike!
预备 开球
Hit him!
扔给他
Better. Better. Good job. Circle back up.
有进步 做得好 再来一次
All right, anyway, thank you for the opportunity.
总之 感谢你给我这个机会
Hey, hey, how would you like to take over this team?
你想接管这支球队吗
Well, well, that's an interesting offer.
这个提议真有趣
- How much does it pay? - Nothing.
-工资多少 -没有
Are you firm on that?
你确定吗
Yeah, but there's a gym-teacher position available.
确定 但现在有体育老师的空缺
- It's all yours if you coach. - Can I wear shorts?
-你做教练这活儿就归你了 -我可以穿短裤吗
Yeah, and you get a whistle, too.
可以 还有口哨给你
Oh, I always get a whistle when I wear shorts.
我穿短裤时总是有人对我吹口哨
I humbly accept your offer.
我谦卑地接受您给的这份工作
Huddle up, boys! Let's go! Hustle!
集合 同学们 来吧 快点
Do you know what hustle means, 10?!
你知道快点是什么意思吗 10号
It really wasn't bad.
没那么糟糕
Todd is a very interesting guy when you get to know him.
等你了解他 就会知道陶德是个非常有趣的人
Did he tell you about his turtles, little Lulu and Stan?
他给你讲了他的乌龟吗 小露露和斯坦
Ruthie and Stu.
是露希和斯顿
That's the name he picks?
他取了这名字吗
"Turtle stew"? Idiot!
乌龟斯"炖" 白痴
Well, there was one little situation that came up,
出了点小状况
but I think I handled it pretty well.
但我觉得我处理得很好
- He's about to make, um, kind of a big -- Hold on.
-他准备做一个大的... -等等
Margaret, why can't I log in here?
玛格丽特 我为什么不能登录
What's wrong with my computer?
我的电脑出什么问题了
The whole system's down.
整个系统都挂了
No one can access files. We can't get online.
看不到文档 也上不了网
Where's Todd?
陶德在哪里
We can't find him anywhere, and his yaris is gone.
到处都找不到他 他的丰田车也没看到了
- Where are my files?! - What the hell?
-我的文档呢 -搞什么鬼
I-I might know a little something about this.
这事我可能知道一点原因
What did you do?
你做了什么
Kind of told Todd that you were gonna fire him.
告诉陶德你打算炒掉他
- What?! - I had to.
-什么 -我必须说
Dad, he's about to buy a house.
爸 他准备买房子
But he was fine with it.
但他没什么意见
He hugged me and thanked me
他拥抱了我 谢了我
and told me that it gave him time to make a plan.
告诉我这让他有时间早做安排
Gentlemen, today is a new beginning.
先生们 今天是全新的开始
And that can be scary.
新的开始可能很可怕
How did it go, Mr. Jet-setter?
第一天还好吗 阔少
Good. Really good.
很好 非常好
Do you want to talk about it?
你想谈谈吗
No.
不想
I'm gonna ask things of you that may not make sense right now.
我对你们的要求 也许你们现在不太明白
See you tomorrow, Luke.
明天见 卢克
Not if I see you first.
除非我先见到你
There it is! There's that smile.
就是这样 笑容多灿烂
But they will.
但总有一天会懂的
- Hey, dad. - Hey, buddy.
-老爸 -小家伙
- We're at school. - Yep.
-校园里不要勾肩搭背 -好的
Success is not guaranteed.
没人可以保证必然胜利
It is not handed to you.
胜利不是唾手可得的
Success is earned.
要争取才会有胜利
How's that data entry going?
数据输入得怎么样
Good. I am up to 1998.
很好 已经到1998年了
Ah, that's when I'd already been doing the job 20 years.
那时候我做这份工作差不多已经20年了
So maybe I should listen to you?
也许我应该听你的
Get you home a lot earlier.
那样你就可以提早回家了
Thanks, boss.
谢谢你 老板
Today, we are forging a new path, people!
今天 我们在开拓一条新的道路 同学们
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself!
唯一能让我们恐惧的 就是恐惧本身
[语出罗斯福总统 小卡扮的是华盛顿]
Wrong president.
总统名言对应错位
- Just keep pushing! - Okay.
-给我推 -遵旨