摩登家庭 第六季 Modern Family Season 6 第19集: Grill, Interrupted

上映日期: 2,014

语言: 英语

影片类型: 喜剧 / 家庭

导演: 贝丝·麦卡锡-米勒

演员: 艾德·奥尼尔 / 索菲娅·维加拉 / 朱丽·鲍温 / 泰·布利尔 / 杰西·泰勒·弗格森 / 艾瑞克·斯通斯崔特 / 里克·罗德里格兹 / 诺兰·古德 / 萨拉·海蓝德 / 阿芮尔·温特 / 奥布里·


台词
Okay, Gloria, just make sure Jay doesn't find out.
歌洛莉亚 确保不能让杰发现
Oh. Boy.
天呐
I just heard that.
我刚意识到
You probably think there's something between me and Gloria.
你该误会我和歌洛莉亚有情况了吧
Relax.
别紧张
I couldn't be more relaxed if I was in a coma.
我昏迷的时候都没有现在这么放松
Jay's grill was delivered.
杰的烤架刚刚送到
She's keeping it under wraps
她把烤架藏起来
so I can be there when he sees it!
等我到的时候再给他看
Oh, my God!
天呐
I just got accepted into Caltech.
我刚被加州理工录取了
You did?!
真的吗
That is incredible!
太棒了
We're gonna have a famous scientist in the family!
我们家要出大科学家了
Uh, not that there's any shame in learning a trade.
学一门实在的手艺也没什么可耻的
Air conditioners are always gonna break.
空调总是会坏掉的
Eh, I looked into it. It's a lot of classes.
我查过了 要上的课太多了
Honey, that is unbelievable.
亲爱的 真是不可思议
It's hardly unbelievable.
没什么不可思议的
Super-smart kid, super-smart school.
超厉害小孩 上超厉害学校
I never doubted you.
我从不怀疑你
That must feel great.
一定感觉很棒
Yep. Pretty great.
对啊 棒极了
What was that?
这是怎么回事
I think that was my fault.
我觉得是我的错
Me too. Why?
我也觉得 为什么
I do this all the time.
我总是这样
She does these amazing things, and I'm so used to it,
她这么了不起 而我却习以为常了
I don't even make a big deal over Caltech.
被加州理工录取我都没太当回事
I got excited. Doesn't that count?
我这么兴奋 这还不算吗
Well, honey, you get excited over everything.
亲爱的 什么事都会让你兴奋
You're a born cheerleader.
你天生就是个啦啦队长
I just need to make a really big fuss over Alex today.
我今天要给艾丽克斯好好宣传庆祝一下
That's all.
就这样
I know -- you're upset
我知道 你不爽
because I said that you were a born --
因为我说你天生是个
There's no such thing as a born cheerleader.
没有什么天生的啦啦队长
It takes hard work and sacrifice.
刻苦训练 作出大量牺牲才能当上的
You know what a human pyramid
你知道没有充分训练
is without hours of training?
就跳人体金字塔会怎么样吗
10 obituaries.
10条人命就没了
家 庭
摩 登
第六季 第十九集
I think my dad is really gonna enjoy returning his gift this year.
我想我爸今年会很享受退掉礼物的过程
Mitchell, I have some really sad news.
米奇尔 我有个非常悲伤的消息
Yes, you seem very broken up.
是啊 看你心都碎了
Apparently, I had an uncle, uh, Cyrus,
是这样 我有个叔叔 叫赛勒斯
who died and out of the blue
去世了 竟给我留了一笔
left me a pretty handsome sum.
相当可观的遗产
I-I guess he didn't have a lot of other kin.
我猜他没什么近亲吧
["kin"也是f**king的简称]
Okay, this is the one time I don't mind you saying "Kin."
只有这次我不介意你说这个词
Now, when you say "handsome,"
你说"可观的"[英俊的]
are we talking carpool dad at Lily's school
是指莉莉学校里那个拼车的父亲
or are we in a more Clooney/Pitt area?
还是更像克鲁尼或者皮特那样的
I would say more Harry Hamlin.
我觉得是哈利·哈姆林那样的
That's not bad at --
那还真是不错
That's not bad at all.
相当不错啊
You know, and this is crazy, because, um, I just saw
真是不可思议 因为我刚刚看到
that the upstairs unit went back on the market,
楼上的房子开始出售了
and Harry Hamlin would almost equal a down payment, and --
这笔哈利·哈姆林正好够首付
I'm -- I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
我 抱歉 抱歉
Look at me, spending your money.
瞧我 随意决定如何花你的钱
No, Mitchell, it's not my money.
不 米奇尔 这不是我的钱
It's our money.
是我们的钱
I-is this a sign, Cam?
这是个信号吗 小卡
I mean, we talk about it all the time.
我们一直都在说这事
We should buy that upstairs apartment.
我们应该把楼上的公寓买下来
I don't see a reason why not!
为什么不买呢
This is so exciting.
真是太棒了
I know.
我知道
I'm really proud of you,
我真为你骄傲
because there was a time
因为曾经有段时间
when I wouldn't have even seen this check.
我根本不可能看到这张支票
Oh, well, yes.
是啊
You know, I used to be quite the impulse buyer.
我以前老是冲动消费
But I don't even recognize that guy anymore.
但我再也不是那样的人了
I love my new faux mink, daddy.
我喜欢我的新人造貂皮大衣 大爸
I forgot -- which Gabor sister am I?
我又忘了 我是嘉宝姐妹中的哪个来着
Y-you're Eva, the classy one, but listen.
你是艾娃 漂亮的那个 但是听我说
We need to keep the tags on it, because it's going back.
我们得留着吊牌 因为要把衣服退回去
Well, then yours is going back, too.
那你的也得退
No, that's a hard thing,
不行 那太难了
because the saleslady said I look like Dr. Zhivago.
因为店员说我穿上像日瓦戈医生
So, is that a birthday present for you
所以这算是你的生日礼物
or an extremely late mid-life crisis?
还是你在经历严重迟到的中年危机
I don't think "extremely" is necessary.
"严重"这词没必要吧
It's on loan -- kind of a weekend-long test-drive.
这是借的 一周的试驾期
I walk into a store,
我走进一家店
they make me leave my backpack behind the counter.
他们害我把我的背包留给了他们
It's an old car salesman's trick.
这是汽车销售员的惯用策略
They're hoping I fall in love with it and never give it back.
他们希望我爱上这辆车 然后买下
But I can't justify buying it
但我找不到买这辆车的理由
any more than you can justify that hat.
就像你没有理由买那顶帽子
Little early for tequila, isn't it?
现在喝龙舌兰酒有点早吧
It's for Luke.
给卢克的
Not sure that's better.
这理由有更合适吗
The last time he was here,
他上次来的时候
he was eyeing this bottle the same way you look at me
他看这瓶酒的样子 跟你看到我
when I wear that strappy sundress.
穿吊带裙时的样子一模一样
I do like that dress.
我真的很喜欢那条裙子
I am going to catch him red-handed.
我要抓他个现行
I am going to teach him a lesson.
给他点教训
But first I'm going to refill this with water
但我要先在这酒瓶里装上白水
in case he gets past me.
免得他趁我没注意真的喝了
You know, we have a little time before the family comes.
他们还要再过会儿才到
Why don't you throw that dress on and --
要不你穿上那条裙子
Aw, damn it.
该死
Andy, can you get that?
安迪 你能去开门吗
Andy?
安迪
Sorry.
抱歉
I tuned out when you started flirting
你们开始调情的时候我就没在听了
to give you some privacy.
好给你们一点私人空间
I was seeing Haley for the first time
海莉上次到医院看我以后
since she came to visit me in the hospital.
我还没有再见过她
She said some pretty heavy stuff.
她说了一些很深情的话
If I'm your elephant,
如果我就是你的大象
you have a shot.
你是有机会追到我的
That's what I'm trying to say, dummy.
我想说的就是这个 傻瓜
She didn't know I heard.
她不知道我听到了
I tried for a couple weeks to forget about it
我花了一个星期想忘掉这句话
and just go on with Beth,
继续跟贝丝在一起
but I couldn't stop thinking about Haley.
但我没法不想着海莉
So... today's the day I'm finally gonna have the big talk.
所以我决定今天跟她摊牌
There's a cooler of drinks out back! Help yourselves!
后院有一冰柜的饮料 大家随意
Where's Haley? Is she coming?
海莉呢 她会来吗
The last time Haley informed me of her plans, she said,
海莉上一次跟我说她的计划时 她说
"Ha ha. I'm going to Cabo, and you're not."
"我要去卡布了 不带你哦"
She's the best.
她最棒了
Get ready to see the best gift ever.
准备面对你最棒的礼物吧
Happy birthday!
生日快乐
It's a grill. I got a grill.
烧烤炉 我有一个烧烤炉了
You had a wife, too.
你以前也有一个老婆
Didn't mean you couldn't trade up.
但不代表你不能换一个
I give you the Flame XL.
我送你的是巨焰牌烤炉
My client owns the company.
我的客户是那家公司的老板
He gave me a crazy-good deal.
他给了我一个超值大礼包
25,000 wood propane BTUs.
送了25000热单位的丙烷燃料
That's... plenty, right?
那...很多 是吧
No. Electric rotisserie!
不 这是电转烤肉架
If god wants a hamburger,
如果上帝想吃汉堡
this is what she cooks it on.
她肯定是用这个来烤肉
But it's got all those doodads.
这么多没用的小玩意儿
I don't know what to do with those doodads.
我不知道要拿来干什么
You're doing a great job
你假装不兴奋
of hiding your excitement about this gift.
装得很好
Look. It's simplicity itself.
你看 很简单的
You just turn on the gas, hit the electric starter.
打开气阀 点火
Hit the electric starter.
点火
Phil, you might want to lay off --
菲尔 你可能要放一下手
I'm fine.
我没事
Healthy as ever.
一如既往的健康
I'd know if you weren't, 'cause I just saw your skeleton.
我很清楚 我刚刚看到了你的X光片
Okay, Joe.
好了 乔
Time for a nap in your new bed!
该在你的新床上睡个午觉了
Looking for something?
你在找什么吗
Uh, yeah -- you.
对 找你
I just wanted to say what a nice party you put together.
我想说你的派对办得太棒了
The secret is to know what your guests want,
秘密就是了解宾客们的喜好
and I know what you want.
而我知道你想要什么
Hey, Luke, quick lesson.
卢克 给你上一课
This is a coaster. It prevents rings.
这是杯垫 能避免杯子留水印
Thanks to you and your Dr pepper,
真是多谢你的乐倍汽水
my teak end table upstairs looks like the olympic flag.
我楼上的柚木桌现在看起来像奥运旗
Think, Luke.
用脑子 卢克
Yes. Think, Luke.
是的 用脑子 卢克
Did you get it?
你拿到了吗
Yep.
是的
Sweet Mexican treasure.
美妙的墨西哥宝藏
I was born in Florida, but thank you.
我是在佛罗里达出生的 不过谢谢
So, you really think you're gonna buy it?
你真的决定要买了吗
I mean, it makes sense.
确实有必要
We're kind of cramped where we are.
我们现在住得有点挤
There she is -- our little genius.
她来了 我们的天才少女
She just got accepted to Caltech.
她刚被加州理工录取了
Oh, that's amazing!
太棒了
It's not that big of a deal.
没什么了不起的
It's a huge deal!
很了不起
That school pumps out Nobel prize winners
这学校出的诺贝尔奖得主
the way my school pumped out stomachs.
比我们学校被搞大肚子的女生一样多
Enough, mom!
妈 够了
what was that about?
你这是要干嘛
I didn't make a big enough fuss
知道她被加州理工录取的时候
about her getting into Caltech,
我们表现得不够激动
and now she's making me pay.
现在我该付出代价了
Well, if that's her giving you a hard time,
如果她的不爽只有这么点的话
I think you got off pretty easy.
那你应该很容易就混过去了
Well, that's true.
你说得没错
That one never really went through a rebellious phase.
她基本没有叛逆期
Remember how wild we were?
还记得我们以前有多疯狂吗
Were we ever!
我们有吗
Were we ever?
我们有吗
Not really, no.
没有 没有
You had your summer of the red afro,
你顶了一暑假的红色爆炸头
and I dated the whitest Puerto Rican on earth.
而我曾跟世上最白的波多黎各人约会
Oh, Wayne.
韦恩
Hey, but it's not like we didn't separate
但那不代表我们没有离开家
and strike out on our own.
开始拼搏自己的人生
- Am I right? - Yeah! That's right.
-对吗 -说得没错
Dad bought me my house.
老爸给我买的房子
Ours, too.
我们的也是
He loaned us the money for the down payment.
他借给我们首付的钱
We never paid him back.
我们一直没还
I've always felt so guilty.
我一直感觉很惭愧
You know, he gave us our down payment, too.
他也帮我们出了首付
Are you sure that wasn't a gift?
你确定不是送的吗
Well, I never offered to pay him back. I don't know.
我从来没说过要还他 我不知道
And then he just gave me this bonus at work.
他还刚给我发了一笔奖金
What he must think of me.
他该是怎么看我的啊
It's so long ago now.
已经过去那么久了
Well, still.
不管怎样
I feel like I should offer to pay him back.
我觉得应该把钱还给他
What -- no. N-no. No, no, no, no, no, no, Claire.
什么 不不不 不要 克莱尔
Because then I'm gonna have to pay him back,
那样我也得还他钱了
and I'll be stuck in the same shoe box
那我就只能待在他上次给我买的
he bought me last time.
小鸽子笼里
Mitchell, he's not going to accept it.
米奇尔 他不会收的
It's just a gesture.
这只是一个姿态
We do it so we feel more independent.
我们这么做只是想显得更独立
Just do it.
听我的
Do it!
把钱还给他
Do what?
还什么
Oh, nothing. You're busy.
没什么 你忙着呢
Not really.
一点也不忙
Phil's tinkering with the new grill,
菲尔还在鼓捣新的烧烤机
so you better collect some old photographs for the memorial.
你最好开始准备他葬礼上用的旧照片了
Do what?
所以要还什么
Well, you probably don't remember this.
你可能不记得了
But, a while back,
但是之前
you gave us some money for a down payment.
你帮我们垫了房子的首付
Very generously, I might add. Yes.
非常大方的举动 是的
- And not just cause it's your birthday... - That's right.
-这不只是因为你今天生日 -没错
...but we wanted to at least make the offer
我们觉得至少应该提出
to pay...you...back.
把钱还给你
Mitchell, what are you doing? I can't cash this.
米奇尔 你在干什么 这我不能兑现
Now, dad, I--
老爸 我
You got to sign it first.
你得签字啊
Okay, in that case,
那样的话
I'm gonna need to get the pen back from--
我得把笔拿回来
Claire!
克莱尔
Got one right here.
我这里就有
Okay.
那好
Hey, you.
你好啊
I didn't expect to see you here today.
我没想着能在这里见到你
How you feeling?
你感觉怎么样了
Better. Turns out you don't even need an appendix.
好多了 原来人没有阑尾也能活
I don't even miss it anymore.
我完全不想念我的阑尾
It's like Circuit City.
它就像已消失的电路城一样
Anyway, I've been wanting to talk to you about something.
我一直有话想跟你说
This house is fantastic.
这房子太棒了
I should have gone into the closet business.
我应该做衣柜生意的
Right?
我说得没错吧
I'm giving him a tour. Andy, this is Will.
我在领他参观呢 安迪 这是威尔
Nice to meet you.
很高兴认识你
I'm sorry. I have to take this.
抱歉 我要接这个电话
It's the hospital.
是医院的事
He's a doctor.
他是医生
I met him the same day I came to visit you in the hospital.
我在去医院看你的那天遇见他的
Isn't that funny?
是不是很有趣
Super-funny.
非常有趣
So, wait. What did you want to talk to me about?
对了 你想跟我说什么
Just that this little heck-raiser
就是这个小魔王
needs to take a nap, but he's been fighting it.
该午睡了 但他一直不肯上床
Oh, I've got an idea. Luke had the same problem.
我有办法 卢克以前也这样
I'm tired.
我累了
Let's go to bed.
得上床睡觉觉
Both of us?
我们一起吗
Together? Me too?
我们两个都要上来吗
Yes, because we are sleepy and it's nap time!
是啊 因为我们困了 该睡午觉了
Now wait. He'll climb in bed with us.
等着吧 他会爬上床加入我们的
Just give him a minute.
给他点时间
Okay.
好吧
Since we're just lying here...
既然我们都躺在床上
do you remember when you --
你还记得当你
Sorry about that.
抱歉
Oh! Gosh!
天呐
Oh, Gosh.
天呐
You're gone for two minutes,
你才出去两分钟
you come back and find us in the big-boy bed.
回来就发现我们躺在一起
I can only imagine what you're thinking.
我知道你是怎么想的
That you're trying to get this little kid to take a nap?
你们是在哄小孩子睡觉吧
How smart is he?
看他多聪明
Say something medical.
说几句医学用语
20cc, stat.
20cc 马上
I don't understand a word, but it gets me going.
我完全听不懂 但是听起来好刺激
I mean, what kind of store policy is that?
这算什么购物政策啊
I-I can't return a coat
就因为我在家里穿了一次
that I put on one time at home?
就不能退了吗
Getting out of the shower.
你是刚洗完澡时穿的
Yeah, you didn't help by pointing that out.
你把这事说出来一点帮助都没有
What are you gonna tell daddy?
你要怎么跟二爸说
Well, I guess I'm just gonna tell him I made a mistake.
看来我只能告诉他 我犯了个错
You know, like I say, sweetie,
我以前就说过
honesty is always the best policy.
诚实永远是最好的办法
Unless...
除非
and stay with me here...
跟着我的思路[留在这陪我]
Where would I go?
不然我还能去哪里
I convince your daddy to wait on the apartment upstairs
我跟你二爸说 让他先别买那套公寓
until I have enough time to sell your coat,
给我留出时间卖掉你的大衣
and, if need be, even sell mine.
有必要的话 把我的也卖了
Thanks for selling mine first, Dr. Chicago.
先卖我的大衣 真是谢你了啊
If I'm reading this properly,
如果我没读错的话
I'm supposed to put a lime in your mouth,
我要放一片青柠在你嘴里
salt on your stomach,
在肚皮上撒一点盐
and drink it out of your bellybutton.
然后从肚脐眼里喝
You wish.
你想得美
That'll get you there.
喝一口就爽飞天
Whoa, nelly.
我的天
Hey, pace yourself! This stuff is strong.
悠着点 这个酒后劲很大
I'll know when I've had enough.
我自有分寸
I got it lit.
我把它点燃了
I could feel it inside the house.
在屋子里都感觉到了
They're gonna need dental records
法医以后需要牙科记录
to identify those chickens.
才能辨认那些可怜的烤鸡了
You'll be singing a different tune
等我打开旋转烤叉
once I pop on the rotisserie feature.
你就会对它改观了
Get ready for these birds and your head to spin.
准备好天旋地转吧
That's moving pretty fast.
这转得也太快了吧
Simple adjustment.
调一下就好了
That seems to have... sped it up.
好像还加速了
H-how about you skim dinner out of my pool?
你能把我们的晚餐从泳池里捞出来吗
I'll get my old grill out.
我去取旧的烤炉
Why is this even a setting?!
为什么会有这种设置
Hey, where the hell did you go, you coward?
你跑到哪里去了 懦夫
Oh, what, just cause dad took your money back,
就因为老爸拿了你的钱
I'm supposed to give him all mine, too?
我就也要还钱给他吗
Yes, yes. Because it was your stupid idea. Okay?
没错 因为是你出的蠢主意
Oh, my god. How am I gonna tell Cam
天呐 我该怎么跟小卡说
I gave away his entire inheritance?
我把他继承的遗产都白白给人了
I don't know.
我不知道
Oh, hey! Is there a future doctor in the house?
这屋里是不是有个未来的医生啊
Yeah, I think he's upstairs, feeling up Haley.
是啊 在楼上和海莉亲热呢
No -- you, Alex Einstein.
不 是你啊 艾利克斯·爱因斯坦
Whatever you're doing, please stop.
不管你在做什么 打住吧
She's still mad.
她还在生气
Yeah, so am I.
我也是
It's not fair, okay?
这不公平
Dad gave you the same amount of money for your down payment.
老爸给了你们一样的钱交首付
What? Jay loaned us that money?
什么 那钱是杰借的
Oh, my god. You don't know. Yes. Yes.
天呐 你不知道 没错
Makes you wonder what else she's lied about, huh?
让你怀疑她还扯了什么慌 对吧
Wait -- I've owed jay money for 20 years,
等等 我欠了杰20年钱
and you never told me?
你都没跟我说
I didn't think you'd want to take it.
我觉得你不会想要
I finally understand the invisible wall
我总算知道
that's been between jay and me all this time.
我和杰之间为什么总是有隔阂了
This is why we're not laughing about that crazy grill,
这就是为什么我们没在开那个疯狂烤炉的玩笑
taking an awesome selfie with it,
在它旁边来张自拍
posting it on Instagram,
发到社交网络上
sending hilarious e-mails back and forth!
互发搞笑邮件
"Remember when the grill went nuts?"
"还记得那个破烤架吗"
"Oh, yeah. That was hilarious."
"记得 超搞笑"
"You're hilarious."
"你才搞笑呢"
So what, he's a doctor?
他不就是个医生吗
I could be a doctor.
我也能当医生
I still have the white coat
在医院前台工作时
from when I worked at the clinique counter.
穿的白大褂我还留着呢
Hey. So, Gloria says it's Joe's bath time.
歌洛莉亚说该给乔洗澡了
He just had one.
他刚洗过
What's with the robe, Hef?
浴袍是怎么回事 赫夫
I don't know who that is, but I took off my shirt
我不知道那是谁 我把衬衫脱了
to protect it from splash Gordon over here.
免得被这位神溅手弄湿
Adorbs.
好可爱
Can you grab me that juice box?
能递下那盒果汁吗
Yeah, sure.
Anyway...
话说回来...
Like I was saying before,
就像我刚刚说的
Remember how, when I was in the hospital --
记得 我住院时
Oh, no!
不好了
Oh, man, this is gonna stain!
会留下印子的
I need to take it off and soak it.
得把它脱下来泡着
You could put on my shirt. It's hanging right there.
你可以穿我的衬衫 就在那里挂着
Oh, thanks.
谢了
It's a little boxy. Do you have a chunky belt?
有点大 你有皮带吗
Uh...yeah, I guess.
I'm kidding.
开玩笑的
It's not like I'm gonna be wearing this for long anyways.
反正我又不会穿很长时间
Wow. This looks bad.
这看起来很不妙啊
And this looks even worse.
这下更糟了
But there's a perfectly good explanation.
先听我解释
Hey, babe. You spill something on your dress?
宝贝 是不是什么东西撒裙子上了
Really? That was your first guess?
没搞错吧 第一反应是这个啊
Yeah, I was giving Andy a juice box.
是啊 给安迪递果汁的时候撒的
Mm. Not to drink -- because I'm a man.
不是我喝 我可是成年男人
Okay, so, I'm gonna go get a dress
我去歌洛莉亚衣橱里
and some shoes from Gloria's closet.
找裙子和鞋
What happened to your shoes?
你的鞋怎么了
Nothing.
没怎么
Okay.
好吧
I've been watching the two of you,
我一直在观察你们两个
and it's pretty obvious.
事情很明显
Finally.
终于来了
You know how to make her laugh.
你总是能逗她笑
Anyway, I got haley a little gift,
我给海莉买了个小礼物
and I want to write something cute on the card.
我想在贺卡上写点好听的
I thought you could help me, because --
我觉得你能帮上忙 因为
Because you're not good with words.
因为你不擅长写情话
Well, I'm a doctor.
我是个医生
I can't admit I'm not good at something.
我不会说自己有什么不擅长的
But...please?
但...拜托你了
Yeah. Fine.
好吧
Just... write how you feel.
就写你自己的感觉
Something like...
比如说
"Dear Haley, I know how eyes work,
亲爱的海莉 我知道眼睛如何转动
But I never knew how they sparkled until I --"
却不知道它们如何闪耀
That could be macular degeneration.
那可能是黄斑变性
Just write.
你只管写就好
We need to sober up.
我们得醒醒酒
Right after I call an ex-girlfriend.
等我给前女友打个电话先
I think I still love her.
我觉得我还爱着她
Hey. Sorry we're late.
抱歉 我们来晚了
No, that's fine. No worries.
没关系 别担心
Um, so, listen, my stupid sister --
听着 我的二货姐姐
Look, I don't want that apartment anymore.
我不想买那间公寓了
Oh, me neither.
我也是
Yeah, it's just that --
是的 就是...
Well, I thought you had your heart set on it.
我还以为你铁了心想买呢
I did, but then you made such a compelling case.
本来是 但你说得也很有道理
Hey, Mitch, I got to tell you, I was really impressed
米奇 我必须得说 我真没想到
with you paying back that loan.
你会还我钱
I'm sorry. What? Excuse me?
抱歉 你说什么
I'm sorry. I should be thanking you, too.
抱歉 也该谢谢你
I forgot about that down payment I helped you guys with.
我都忘了帮你们付过首付
It was so long ago.
好久以前的事了
Anyway, yeah.
不管怎么说
Nice birthday surprise.
很棒的生日惊喜哦
You gave him my money, didn't you?
你把我的钱给他了 是吧
Your money? I thought you said it was our money.
你的钱 你不是说是我们的钱吗
Why would it be our money?
怎么会是我们的钱
You didn't even know my uncle Remus.
你都不认识我雷穆斯舅舅
Wasn't it Cyrus?
不是赛勒斯吗
I think I would know the name of the saint
我想我会记得那个抚养我长大的
that practically raised me.
圣人的名字
I forgot to give grandpa his birthday crown.
我忘记给爷爷生日王冠了
Wait a minute. What's this?
等等 这是什么
Does Lily have a fur?
莉莉怎么有件毛皮大衣
Oh, boy.
糟糕
Yeah, uh, let's see.
是啊 瞧瞧
Oh, it's from Schwartzman's, huh?
还是施瓦茨曼家的呢
The same store that you and Lily
那不就是你和莉莉每周日
just love to browse in every sunday after brunch.
吃完早午餐喜欢去逛的店吗
Well, if you must know, it was a surprise gift for you.
好 告诉你吧 这是给你的惊喜礼物
Now it's going back, because you're a thief.
现在我要退回去 因为你是个小偷
- Oh, well, then, I want to try it on. - No!
-既然这样我要试试 -不行
- I want to try it on. - You'll just get attached.
-我要试穿一下 -你会爱上它的
Well, it's a present for me,
既然是给我的礼物
so I should be able to have a fitting of some sort.
那是不是该符合我的尺码呢
Of course it needs altering.
当然需要修改一下了
Since when do you wear right off the rack?
不可能从架子上拿下来就穿着合适啊
I'm just not comfortable with Vesuvius over there.
我只是不太习惯用那个维苏威火山
I hope you can get your money back.
我希望你能要回你的钱
"Money back" -- there it is.
"要回钱" 就是这个
There's a shadow that's been cast
我们之间的关系
over this relationship for quite a while now.
笼罩着一层阴影 经久不散
Is this about that time you were sleepwalking
你是在说那次你梦游
and came in my tent and kissed my neck?
走进我的帐篷 亲了我的脖子吗
Somnamorousness --
那是梦游求爱症
the condition no one wants to talk about.
一种没人愿意谈论的病症
You're right about that.
你说对了
This is actually much more embarrassing.
这其实更让人难堪
I just found out you lent us money for our down payment.
我刚得知你借钱给我们付房子的首付
So...
所以...
Here.
给你
Paid back in full.
全额还给你
Phil, is this because Mitchell --
菲尔 这是因为米奇尔...
No. This is for me -- for us.
不 这是为了我 为了我们
And though it may be long overdue,
而且这感谢也许有点迟了
thank you.
不过还是谢谢你
You're welcome.
不客气
Probably seems awkward, but...
可能看起来有点尴尬 不过...
It's happening.
真的发生了
...could you throw that apron on me?
你能帮我系上围裙吗
You're not sleeping again?
你不是又睡着了吧
Maybe we should have another pot of coffee.
也许我们该再喝一壶咖啡
That's a weird word, huh? Coffee. Coffee. Coffee.
那词可真怪 咖啡 咖啡 咖啡
Amateur.
真外行
Doctor! I need your help.
医生 我需要你的帮助
I've been drinking this tequila,
我在喝这瓶龙舌兰酒
and I cannot find the worm.
可我找不到蠕虫了
I think I just swallow it.
我想可能是被我吞了
That's very serious.
那很严重
That worm could eat your insides in a matter of hours.
蠕虫在几小时内就能吞食你的内脏
Well, there must be something she can do.
一定有什么办法可以抢救吧
Drink pickle juice.
喝腌黄瓜汁
The worm cannot survive in pickle juice.
蠕虫在腌黄瓜汁里无法存活
- Is this enough? - Just.
-这些够了吗 -刚好
Thank you, doctor. I'm feeling better already.
谢谢你 医生 我已经感觉好多了
You got lucky.
你很幸运
The only other treatment is to freeze the worm to death
另一个治疗办法是泡在冰水浴缸里
by lowering the body temperature with an ice bath.
使体温降低从而将蠕虫冻死
I feel it inside of me.
我觉得它在我体内蠕动
No. I think it's inside of me.
不 我觉得在我身体里
I knew we should've poured the tequila in your bellybutton.
我就知道应该把龙舌兰倒进你肚脐里的
That's why they have these systems in place.
这些规矩是有存在的道理的
I heard an expensive car pull out.
我听见一部昂贵的轿车开走了
I figured you were in it.
我以为你在里面呢
Oh, yeah, that was Will going to the hospital.
是啊 威尔回医院去了
I just came to get my dress.
我只是来拿我的裙子
Um, he gave me this card, but he writes like a doctor.
他给我一张卡片 不过字迹太潦草了
Can you read it for me?
你能给我读一下吗
No. That sounds way too personal.
不 那是你们的隐私
Ohh, come on! I visited you in the hospital.
拜托 我都去医院看你了
Just do it!
读吧
Nah, I'm okay.
不了
Can you just see if you can read it? I can't.
你看看能不能认出来嘛 我看不懂
I'd rather not.
还是算了
Can you even read?
你识字吗
- Can you please try? - I'll try. Yeah, no, I'll try.
-试一下好吗 -好吧 我试试
- Thank you. - You're welcome.
-谢谢你 -不客气
"Dear Haley, I know how eyes work,
亲爱的海莉 我知道眼睛如何转动
but I never knew how they sparkled
但直到遇见你 我才知道
until I met you.
它们有多么闪耀
I know how hearts work,
我知道心脏如何跳动
but I never knew they could sing
但直到遇见你 我才知道
until I met you.
它会歌唱
Love, Will."
爱你的威尔
Oh, crap.
该死
Really? I thought it was kind of sweet.
是吗 我觉得写得挺甜蜜的
The doctor part, then it circled around back to you.
以医生的口吻来写他对你的感觉
Why does he have to be so into me, you know?
他为什么要这么喜欢我呢
We met like two weeks ago.
我们两周前才认识
A gold heart! Really?
心形金项链 开什么玩笑
I just -- I guess I'm just more into the chase right now.
我只是 我想我更喜欢追求的过程
You know, like, the fun.
你知道的 那种乐趣
I'm just not looking for anything serious.
我还不想开始认真的恋爱关系
Well, it's good you know what you want --
你知道想要什么 这很好
Before anyone got hurt.
免得最后大家都受伤害
Yeah.
是啊
Thanks.
谢谢
Of course I have the receipt.
我当然有收据了
Ow!...Kay, what if I didn't?
要是没有怎么办
Oh, there she is!
她来了
Okay, everybody, I want to make a toast!
各位 让我们举起酒杯
Oh, any excuse.
又找借口喝酒
To my brilliant daughter...
敬我才华横溢的女儿...
So, not you.
不是你
...who worked for 12 years to get into Caltech,
努力了12年终于考进加州理工大学
the most prestigious college --
最有威望的学院...
Mom, it's really not a big deal.
妈妈 真的没什么大不了的
Oh, honey, wait, wait, wait -- you said yourself
亲爱的 等等等等 你自己说过的
it's the best scientist school in the country.
那是全国最好的科学家学校
Well, I most definitely did not use those words.
我绝对没有用那些字眼
Congratulations, Alex.
恭喜你 艾丽克斯
We expect great things from you --
我们相信你会有很大的成就
unlike some of the other children in this family.
不像这个家里的某些其他孩子
Well, I snagged a doctor,
我钓到了一个医生
so she must be talking about you.
所以她一定是在说你
I'm very proud of you.
我非常为你自豪
Okay, well, I haven't even decided.
行了 我还没做决定呢
I still might go to my safety school.
我还是可能去上我的保底学校
Great. Now this.
这下可好
If she goes to the other place,
要是她决定上另外那所大学
it's even more expensive.
学费会更高
It's not gonna happen. Please.
不会的 拜托
She's just trying to punish me.
她只是在惩罚我
And don't worry about the money. I got my bonus.
而且别担心钱的事 有我的奖金呢
Yeah.
是啊
Wait. What? What did you do?
慢着 怎么了 你做了什么
Did you pay back my dad? Please, please, please.
你还钱给我爸了吗 拜托你说是的
- No, no, no. - Yes, I did.
-不是吧 -是的 我还了
Not that it changed anything.
但并没有改变什么
Okay, don't be mad at Phil.
好了 别生菲尔的气
He's not the bad guy here. He is.
他不是这里的恶人 他才是
Look at him, sitting over there
瞧瞧他 坐在那里
like he's the king of the world.
好像他是全世界的国王似的
What father takes money from his own children?
什么样的父亲会收儿女的钱啊
Not like he needs it. He lives in this palace.
他又不需要 他住在这个宫殿里
Meanwhile, our whole family's
而我们全家人
sharing a bathroom the size of his closet.
共用一间跟他家衣橱一样大的卫生间
I know. I've paced it out.
我知道 我用脚量过的
Okay, what about me?
好吧 那我呢
My tears have barely dried,
我眼里还含着泪呢
he stole my inheritance,
他就偷走了我继承的遗产
and I'm left holding the bag for two fur coats.
而我却成买了两件毛皮大衣的罪人
T-two?!
两件
I can get three seasons of use out of it.
那件大衣我可以穿三季
Hey, this might give you a chuckle.
这可能会把你们逗笑
That money you all paid me back --
你们还给我的那些钱
It's gonna cover the cost of that t-bird.
刚好够我买下那辆雷鸟
Isn't that funny how stuff works out?
事情的发展是不是很好笑
- It sure is funny. - That's hilarious.
-的确好笑 -超好笑的
I can't. It's too cold.
我做不到 太冷了
It's either cold for
要么现在冷五分钟
5 minutes or cold forever.
要么就变冰冷的尸体
Come on.
快点
Funny -- I always thought I'd be found dead in a bird suit
说来好笑 我一直以为我会穿着鸟服
at the bottom of the Grand Canyon.
摔死在大峡谷谷底
You still will, buddy.
你还是会的 兄弟
You still will.
你还是会的
If I ever catch you drinking again,
要是再被我抓到你们喝酒
your whole school is going to see this picture.
你们全校的同学都会看到这张照片
Sh-sh-she tricked us.
她骗了我们
I know.
是啊
As soon as we kill this worm, we're gonna get her back.
等我们冻死这只虫子 就去找她算账
There's...no...worm!
根本 没有 虫子
Not gonna help, kid.
没用的 孩子
You're right.
你说得对
I can't drown my problems in alcohol.
我不能用酒精麻醉自己的问题
Well, you can, but that's water.
你可以 但那里面是水
You're not really gonna turn down Caltech?
你真的打算放弃加州理工吗
Oh, please don't tell me what a great school it is,
拜托不要跟我说那所大学有多好
how I'm gonna graduate in two years,
我会在两年内毕业
and they're gonna name a country after me.
人们会以我的名字命名一个国家什么的
You're feeling some pressure.
你有压力
What if I'm the dumbest one there?
万一我是那里最蠢的学生怎么办
Someone has to be.
总得有人是最蠢的
I could get there, be dumb,
我可以去那里 做个蠢学生
have a nervous breakdown --
精神崩溃
You're going. I know you.
你会去的 我了解你
You've never backed down from a challenge your whole life.
你长这么大从没有在挑战面前退缩过
Now, I could lie to you and tell you it's gonna be easy.
现在我可以骗你 告诉你一切会很轻松
Well, do that. I'm vulnerable. I'll believe you.
那样好啊 我现在很脆弱 我会相信你
It's not. It's gonna be hard.
不会的 会很艰难
But you and I both know this is something you have to do.
但你我都知道 这是你必须要做的事
'cause if I don't, I'll regret it my whole life.
因为如果我不去 我会后悔一辈子
I know, I know.
是的 是的
Yeah, that's part of it.
是的 那是一部分原因
Let's take a ride. Want to show you something.
我带你去兜个风 有些东西要让你看看
You're not gonna drive me into a bad neighborhood
你不是要带我去贫民区
to show me how lucky I am, are you?
让我看看自己有多幸运吧
Well, I would still have my money
要不是她耍了米奇尔
if she hadn't tricked Mitchell.
我也不会失去我的钱
Oh, and it's a shame you don't, Cam.
你的钱没了真是太糟了啊 小卡
'cause then you could buy another one of those coats.
不然你就可以再买一件那样的大衣了
Well, I didn't get anything I wanted!
我没得到任何我想要的东西
Jay didn't even like the world's most perfect grill.
杰都不喜欢那台世界上最完美的烧烤架
Come on!
不是吧
The family needs a leader,
这个家庭需要一个领导
and I can't do it forever.
而我没法永远做那个领导
You can handle it.
你能胜任的
Do I have to?
我一定要吗
Heavy hangs the head.
欲戴王冠 必承其重
You know, college might not be such a big, scary place
大学可能并不会那么可怕
if I drove up the first --
要是我能开着...
- Not gonna happen. - Okay.
-别做梦了 -好吧
Your brother's in a bit of a spot money-wise,
你弟弟现在财务上有点紧张
and I don't want to embarrass him,
我不想让他难堪
so how about if I say
所以要不就说是我
I'm giving you both a gift?
送你们两个每人一份礼物
That way, he doesn't feel like a charity case.
那样他就不会觉得自己是被同情的对象了
Well, if it's to help Mitchell...
如果是为了帮米奇尔的话
Thank you, honey.
谢了 乖女儿
S-still s-so cold.
还是好冷
M-maybe some coffee would warm us up.
也许喝点咖啡会暖和些
You have a problem.
你上瘾了吧
So, listen, how about if I say
听着 要不就说是我
I'm giving you both a gift?
送你们两个每人一份礼物
That way, your sister --
那样你姐姐就...
We'll take it.
我们收下了
Yeah.
是的
Lily, we can get the hats.
莉莉 我们可以去买帽子了
Yeah!
好耶