摩登家庭 第六季 Modern Family Season 6 第22集: 因国而乐 Patriot Games

上映日期: 2,014

语言: 英语

影片类型: 喜剧 / 家庭

导演: 贝丝·麦卡锡-米勒

演员: 艾德·奥尼尔 / 索菲娅·维加拉 / 朱丽·鲍温 / 泰·布利尔 / 杰西·泰勒·弗格森 / 艾瑞克·斯通斯崔特 / 里克·罗德里格兹 / 诺兰·古德 / 萨拉·海蓝德 / 阿芮尔·温特 / 奥布里·


台词
Okay, Lily.
好了 莉莉
I got the list of what you need for your project.
这单子上有你作业要用的东西
- Uh, glitter glue... - Okay.
-荧光胶水 -好的
glitter dots...
荧光圆片
glitter...paper.
荧光纸
Mrs. Daniels says my projects have too much glitter.
丹尼尔斯太太说我的作业有太多荧光了
Okay, well, she needs a Mr. Daniels,
好吧 她需要一个丹尼尔斯先生
because a project can't have too much pizzazz.
因为作业再怎么华丽也不为过
It's a report on the Potato Famine.
这只不过是爱尔兰大饥荒的报告
I'm -- I'm sorry. Do Irish tears not sparkle?
抱歉 难道爱尔兰人的眼泪不会发光吗
Okay. Okay. Sorry.
好吧 抱歉
Longinus, Jotham.
朗吉娜 约坦
Hi, guys. What's up?
你们好啊 来干什么呀
Oh, nothing, just picking up supplies to make signs
没什么 来买点东西
- for the big protest. - Yes.
-做抗议示威的标语 -对
Oh, right. Right, yes.
对对对 没错
Uh, uh, w-- and which big protest is --
是什么抗议示威来着...
We're picketing the Jai Alai Lounge for obvious reasons.
去回力球酒吧抗议 还用解释吗
Obviously.
不解释
- Obviously. - Obviously, yes.
-不解释 -不解释
What reasons, Daddy?
求解释 大爸
Um, well, Jotham, y-you tell her.
约坦 你告诉她吧
It makes me so angry, I can't even say it out loud.
气得我都不想说了
So upset.
烦死人了
All we know is the Jai Alai Lounge
我们只知道回力球酒吧
has the single best burger in the country...
有国内最好吃的汉堡
if not the universe.
如果不算全宇宙最好吃的话
- The Jai Alai Burger is 1/4-pound......Prime Angus, - 1/3.
-里面有1/4磅安格斯肉眼扒 -是1/3磅
- Uh, fresh, crispy lettuce... - Butter lettuce.
-新鲜爽脆的生菜 -是牛油生菜
a sauce delivered from heaven...
还有从天堂运来的调味酱
From Kansas city.
肯萨斯市来的
all on a perfectly toasted, fresh-baked bun.
夹在刚出炉完美烤制的圆面包中
With sesame seeds.
上面还洒了芝麻
I wanted to have it as our wedding cake.
我都想拿来做我的婚礼蛋糕了
Maybe for your next one.
下一个婚礼上用吧
So, who's this "we" that's picketing?
都有谁要去抗议呢
Every week, a group of us get together
每周我们都会有一群人集合起来
to protest those who have been holding back the gay cause.
去抗议那些阻碍同性恋事业发展的人
Why haven't we ever been invited?
为什么没有邀请我们
It's just that you're not that...
因为你们两个不是那么...
political.
关心政治
Uh, um, you know, ever since...
就是自从...
He knows I can see, right?
他知道我看得到吧
We are very, very political people.
我们非常非常关心政治
Yes, we were just discussing...
对啊 我们刚刚还在讨论...
- the Potato Famine of Ireland. - Yes.
-爱尔兰土豆饥荒呢 -对
I haven't had a potato in four years.
我都四年没吃过土豆了
Well, if you're honestly interested,
如果你们真的感兴趣
we'll be out there on Saturday at noon.
我们这周六中午会去那边
You should come join us.
你们也来吧
- We will. - Yep. With bells.
-我们会的 -对 带着铃铛去
[with bells on 俚语 表示兴致勃勃]
- Yeah. That's just -- that's an expression. - Oh, gosh.
-对 那只是一种比喻 -天呐
These are for Lily's project on the Potato Famine, actually.
其实是莉莉土豆饥荒的作业要用的
- Oh, okay. Bye. - Well, all right.
-好吧 再见 -好吧
- See ya, Guys. - Bye.
-回见 伙计们 -再见
See ya Saturday, guys.
周六见 伙计们
Yeah, good to see you. Bye.
是啊 很高兴见到你 再见
Oh, my god. Can you believe that?
天呐 这你能信吗
Yeah, he's a little hippy
对啊 对于一个
for somebody that doesn't eat potatoes.
不吃土豆的人来说 他也太嬉皮了吧
家 庭
摩 登
第六季 第二十二集
We were called into Principal Brown's office
就在艾丽克斯毕业一周前
one week before Alex's graduation.
我们被请到布朗校长的办公室
That can mean only one of two things.
这只有两种可能
Either she's gonna be valedictorian
要么艾丽克斯要做学生代表致告别辞
or they're giving an award for sexiest dad.
要么他们要给最性感爸爸颁奖了
We're very proud of Alex.
我们为艾丽克斯感到骄傲
Honey.
亲爱的
I'm sorry.
抱歉
I just feel like my whole life
我只是觉得我这辈子的努力
has been building up to this point.
一直都是为了这一刻
I know.
我知道
Hello, Dunphys.
你们好啊 邓菲们
So nice to be able to
能在繁多的会面中
give you some good news in one of these meetings.
告诉你们一则好消息 真是太好了
How is Haley, by the way?
顺便问一句 海莉好吗
So sorry we're late. We --
很抱歉我们迟到了 我们
- What's she doing here? - What's he doing here?
-她来这里干什么 -他来这里干什么
Well, Alex and Sanjay,
艾丽克斯和桑杰
after four years of spirited competition,
在四年的激烈竞争之后
I am very pleased to tell you
我很高兴地告诉你们
that you are the Pali High class of 2015 --
你们两个将成为巴利高中2015届的
co-valedictorians!
联合学生代表
That's amazing! Yes!
太棒了 太棒了
Couldn't be more proud of the both of you, huh?
太为你们感到骄傲了
What do you mean -- co-valedictorians?
你说联合学生代表是什么意思
"Co" is the latin prefix for "together."
"联合"是拉丁语前缀表意"一起"
But really, what do you mean -- co-valedictorians?
但说真的 联合学生代表是什么意思
Well, I thought there might be some aggressive questions
我料到可能会碰到一些令我紧张的质问
that, uh, made me nervous, and so I wrote down my remarks.
所以我把我的回答提前写下来了
No, I'm not trying to ruin your lives.
不 我不是要毁掉你们的人生
It's just that your GPAs are tied
只是因为你们两个的绩点持平
to the thousandth of a decimal point.
小数点后一千位也是一样的
- But my GPA'S 4.645923. - My GPA's 4.645923.
-但我的绩点是4.645923 -我的绩点是4.645923
She got an "A-" On the French final.
她法语期末考只得了个A-
He got an "A-" on an English paper.
他的一篇英语论文只得了A-
No.
This is a nightmare.
这简直是噩梦
Worst day of my life.
这辈子最糟糕的一天
Guys, we should be celebrating.
各位 我们该庆祝一番
This is literally a win/win.
这是真正意义上的双赢
I didn't work my whole life for a tie.
我这辈子这么努力可不是为了平局
No offense, Principal Brown, but you were a teaching major.
无意冒犯 校长 但你是学教育学的
I'd like to check the GPAs myself.
我想自己核算一下绩点
Have at it.
请便
What is it with these two?
这俩人怎么了啊
I agree with them. Ties are un-American.
我同意他们 平局不是美国风格
Would you be happy if the Super Bowl ended in a tie?
如果超级碗最后平局了 你会高兴吗
Yes! There'd be twice as many parades!
会啊 会有两次夺冠游行
There must be some way to determine
肯定有办法决定
who the best student is.
最棒的学生是谁
Well, unfortunately,
不幸的是
all the final exams and the papers are in.
所有期末考试和论文都结了
Grades are closed.
分数已经算完了
Not all the grades.
可不是所有分数哦
Looks like the janitor finally fixed my chair.
看来管理员终于修好了我的椅子
What are you guys all doing here?
你们来这里干什么呢
《美国公民指南》
What are the last two states to be admitted into the union?
最后加入联邦的是哪两个州
Alaska and Hawaii.
阿拉斯加和夏威夷
Name two cabinet-level positions.
列举两个内阁职位[橱柜位置]
That's easy.
很简单
There's a higher one for the glasses
上面一层是放杯子的
and a lower one for the pots and the pans.
下面一层是放锅碗瓢盆的
Hey, don't get cocky.
别骄傲
When we started studying for this,
我们开始准备时
you thought the secretary of defense job
你还以为国防部长的工作
was to guard "da fence."
是保卫"栅栏"
Gloria's about to take her citizenship test.
歌洛莉亚要参加公民入籍测试了
This little jumping bean's about to become an American.
这个小跳豆要成为美国人了
Jumping beans are Mexican.
跳豆是墨西哥的
Once you're an American, you won't see the difference.
等你成了美国人就看不出区别了
I got you a little gift to celebrate.
我给你准备了一份庆祝礼物
I know it's not much.
我知道这不算什么
It's practically nothing.
简直就是什么都不算
It's America. It's fun.
这很美式 很有趣
Aww, thank you, Jay. I'm so excited.
谢谢 杰 我好激动
Do you know that once I pass, I can serve on a jury?
你知道我通过以后就可以担任陪审员了吗
They still use the electric chair, right?
他们还用电椅 对吧
We're back.
我们回来了
Hola, Javier.
好啊 哈维尔
How was "take your son to not work" day?
"带孩子不上班日"怎么样
["带孩子上班日"是一种西方教育方式]
How was life before radio?
收音机发明前生活怎么样
Manny told me about your plans
曼尼和我说了你打算
to abandon your Colombian roots.
抛弃哥伦比亚之根
Really? You're gonna lecture me on abandonment?
真的吗 就你还有脸跟我聊抛弃
You left to buy some diapers,
当初你说出门买尿布
and I saw you four years later.
结果我四年后才看到你
If only you could let that go as easily as your homeland.
如果你能像放弃故乡一样忘掉那事就好了
别跟我说这些废话
你要是不觉得我说得对就不会心烦了
Are they fighting or falling back in love?
他们是在吵架还是重新坠入爱河
你闭嘴
你的脑子还比不过一头 一头...
c-cow!
Cow?
Cow?!
The woman who is abandoning her country
要抛弃自己国家的女人
cannot remember the Spanish word for cow.
连西班牙语的"牛"都不知道怎么说了
It slipped my mind.
脑子刚没转过来
Vaca.
There'a taco truck parked outside my office.
我办公室外面有个墨西哥玉米卷餐车
Well, it looks like you both have the same gym grade,
看来你俩的体育成绩一样
but I do see here that neither of you
但我发现你们
have completed this semester's mile run.
都没完成这学期的一英里跑
We were at a debate tournament.
我们当时在参加辩论比赛
- Which we won, thanks to me. - Oh, please.
-我们赢了 多亏了我 -得了吧
After your long-winded summation on euthanasia,
你对安乐死进行冗长总结时
people wanted to kill themselves.
人们都想自杀了
Enough. We will do a makeup race.
够了 我们让你们补考
And whoever wins gets to be valedictorian.
谁赢了就可以做学生代表
You're on.
放马过来吧
This is crazy. Are we all so obsessed with being number one
这太疯狂了 你们如此执念于做第一名
that we can't just celebrate this moment?
搞得我们现在都不能庆祝了
Yeah, I mean, it's the end of their senior year.
是啊 他们不仅高中毕业
They're both into great colleges.
还都进了很棒的大学
They should be off celebrating, playing hookey,
他们该去庆祝 逃学
going up to the lake house to go skinny-dipping
去湖边跟朋友的
with their friend's older brother who's home from college.
从大学回来的帅哥去裸泳
- Let's -- let's keep this general, Claire. - Okay. Yeah.
-别说得太具体了 克莱尔 -好吧
The point is these are two amazing kids.
重点是 这两个孩子都很棒
We should be celebrating them both.
我们该为他们庆祝
Mm, we're not surprised you would think that.
你这么想我们不感到意外
Great.
很好
Wait. What?
等等 什么
Every parent wants to believe
每个家长都想相信
that their child can compete with Sanjay.
他们的孩子能和桑杰一较高下
But Alex can compete with Sanjay.
艾丽克斯的确能和桑杰一较高下
That's why we're here.
不然我们在这里干什么
Sanjay was forming full sentences at 13 months.
桑杰13个月时就会说完整的句子了
Alex had a poem published in Highlights magazine
艾丽克斯5岁时就在《聚焦》杂志上
when she was 5 years old.
发表了诗歌
It was called "Mr. Lamb Buys a Ham."
诗的名字是《绵羊先生买火腿》[相煎何太急]
But really, it was about the holocaust.
但其实讲的是大屠杀
When he was 16,
桑杰16岁时
Sanjay was the highest-ranked chess player in the state.
是州里排名第一的国际象棋手
When Alex was 15,
艾丽克斯15岁时
she discovered a mistake in our taxes.
她发现了我们报税的一个错误
We owed a lot more money than I realized.
我们差点少交了好多税
Yes, we're very impressed with how much Alex
就艾丽克斯这种背景而言
has been able to accomplish, given her background.
她能有这种成就我们也感到很惊讶
You know what? You're right.
好吧 你说得没错
Let's settle this out on the track.
我们在赛道上了解这件事吧
All right, coach Tucker,
好了 塔克教练
I'm assuming we can count on you to officiate.
我们应该可以指望你的公正性吧
Well, now, normally,
通常情况下
I don't like to be the center of attention.
我不喜欢成为人群的焦点
That's fine. I'll get someone else.
没关系 我可以找别人
I said I would do it.
我说了我可以
Alex's uncle cannot possibly be considered an impartial judge.
艾丽克斯的舅舅是不可能公正裁判的
I'm the gym teacher.
我是体育老师
Who else has the training to oversee this?
还有谁有能力来作出判断吗
Anyone with a stopwatch?
只要有秒表就行了吧
Okay, you know what? No need to humiliate me.
我告诉你 别侮辱我
May the best child win.
希望最棒的孩子赢
Oh, she will.
她会的
Consider this moment gauntleted.
我们定会"刃不血兵"
Is that a word?
有这成语吗
Hold your head up like it is.
你就装作它是吧
Vocabulary's mostly a matter of confidence.
只要肯信 万物成真
耻辱
停止你们的行为
I love that we're getting involved.
很高兴我们能参与进来
Yeah, me, too.
我也是
I think we're really gonna send a strong message to whomever
我觉得我们的示威标语能够震慑住
to stop doing whatever it is he or she is doing.
任何人 不管他做了什么坏事
Oh, like "shame" doesn't cover 1,000 different things?
"耻辱"也可以震慑住上千种不同的事情
Okay. Where is everybody?
好吧 大家在哪里
So like the gays to no-show.
基佬的话果然不靠谱
Yeah, right?
是吧
Is there a sale at Barney's that nobody told us about?
是巴尼斯现在打折却没人告诉我们吗
- Seriously, is there? - I don't know.
-你说真的吗 -我不知道
Longinus and Jotham do this all the time.
朗吉娜和约坦总是这样
They -- they guilt us into doing something,
他们靠罪恶感让我们干个什么事
and then they bail.
结果自己却跑了
They did it at Pepper's New Year's Steve party.
他们在胡娇家的新年史蒂夫派对上也是这样
Yeah, everybody had to dress as a famous Steve.
所有人都要穿成某个著名史蒂夫的样子
Steve Austin.
史蒂夫·奥斯汀[摔跤手]
Steve Martin.
史蒂夫·马丁[演员]
They bailed,
他们没来
and we got stuck in a room full of Sondheims.
我们被困在一屋子桑德海姆里[音乐剧作家]
How are you doing?
你怎么样
My name is Steve.
我叫史蒂夫
Hi. Excuse me.
打扰你下
- Table for two? - No, no. God no.
-两个人吗 -不 不是的
Have there been any protesters out front this afternoon?
今天下午你们门口来过抗议者吗
Oh, the gay thing? Not today.
那些基佬吗 今天没有
Oh, of course.
想都不用想
We rush around all morning --
我们忙了一个早上
I haven't eaten breakfast -- and -- and for nothing.
我连早餐都没吃 结果白费了
And it couldn't smell any better in here.
这里的味道闻起来真棒
We do have a table.
我们有一张空桌子
No, thank you.
不 谢谢
No, we're not gonna compromise our principles just for...
不行 我们不能仅仅为了食物放弃信念
We'll take a booth away from the window.
我们可以坐在不靠窗户的位置
In back. Something in back?
后面可以 后面有位置吗
- This way. - Okay.
-这边请 -好的
Oh, my God. She's still going.
天呐 她还在跑
I know.
就是啊
Remember how winded she used to get
还记得她三年级的时候
hauling around "Ulysses" in the third grade?
穿尤利西斯戏服走有多喘吗
She's surprisingly graceful for being so uncoordinated.
她那么不协调居然能跑得如此优雅
I know. I was hoping to get a funny video of her falling.
就是啊 我想拍她摔倒的搞笑画面
But I don't think it's gonna happen.
我觉得是拍不到了
My playlist ended two minutes ago. I heard all that.
我的歌两分钟前就放完了 我都听到了
Honey, I know we were all just saying it before,
亲爱的 我知道我们以前就这么说过
but you could actually win this thing.
但你说不定真能赢的
I wasn't just saying it. I will win.
我不只是说 我说到做到
Nothing is going to...
没有什么能...
Oh. There it is.
终于拍到了
What's going on here?
发生什么事了
I'm making sancocho.
我在做蔬菜肉块汤
Yeah. You got your little Colombian music going, huh?
边做还边听着哥伦比亚音乐
I know. So beautiful.
我知道 很好听
Javier got to you, didn't he?
你很在意哈维尔的话 对吧
No.
Maybe a little bit.
可能有一点点
Gloria, don't listen to him. Get rid of that squirrel stew.
歌洛莉亚 别听他的 把那锅炖松鼠倒了
I got a few special things here
我买了些庆祝你
to help celebrate you becoming an American.
成为美国人的东西
Look. Kobe steaks.
你瞧 神户牛排[日本产]
Bottle of scotch.
一瓶威士忌[苏格兰产]
Cigars.
雪茄[古巴产]
You know that none of that is made in America.
要知道这些都不是美国产的
Buying them all was the American part.
但是把它们都买下来是美国人做的
Jay, I'm not in the mood.
杰 我没心情
- I am having some doubts. - Okay.
-我有些困惑 -好吧
You listened to Javier. Now listen to me.
你听了哈维尔的话 现在该听我的了
Do you know why I want you to become an American citizen?
你知道我为什么想让你成为美国人吗
Because I fought for this country.
因为我曾为这个国家战斗过
My father fought for this country.
我父亲也为这国家战斗过
Because this country's all about freedom and opportunity,
因为这个国度一向坚持自由和平等
And I want you to share in that 100%.
我希望你能完整地感受这些
You're right. I want that, too.
你说得对 那也是我想要的
I'm so sorry.
抱歉
Hey, you're just a little scared.
你只是有点怕吧
I know what will help you feel better.
我知道什么能让你好过一点
We'll fire up some steaks, we'll pour a little wine,
我们把牛排一烤 美酒一倒
you pop into those short shorts,
你把那条热裤一穿
I chase you around the living room --
我在客厅和你追逐打闹
that type of thing.
就那事儿 你懂的
Hey, mom.
妈妈
Um, I got invited
今晚我朋友比利
to my friend Billy's house for dinner tonight.
请我去他家吃晚餐
Don't worry. We're not gonna eat this.
别担心 我们不会吃这个的
We're gonna eat steak.
我们吃牛排
Oh, good. There's no Billy.
太好了 其实没有比利这个人
Why the sudden change in menu?
为什么突然变菜单了
Well, I was having some doubts, but Jay made me feel better.
我本来有些困惑 但杰帮我解开了
He told me the reason why he wants me to be an American.
他告诉了我他希望我成为美国人的原因
Oh, those long lines.
排队那事啊
- What long lines? - The customs line.
-排什么队 -过海关排长队
Oh, Jay hates them when we come back from Cabo.
杰讨厌每次从卡波回来都要排长队
What?
什么
That son of a bitch wants me to turn my back on my homeland
那个王八蛋想要我背叛我的祖国
for an airport line?
就为了在机场不排队
You know, I should at least make an appearance at Billy's.
我至少得去比利家露个脸
Sanjay. What are you doing here?
桑杰 你来这里干什么
What are those?
那是什么
Ankle weights.
踝部负重袋
Okay. Wrist weights.
其实是腕部负重袋
Why are you here?
你来干什么
Look, uh, tomorrow, it's all gonna be over,
听着 明天一切就要结束了
everything we've been working for since we started school.
入学以来我们为之努力的一切都要结束了
So, I-I wanted to come by and say thanks.
所以 我想来谢谢你
I'm not a doctor yet,
我还不是个医生
but it seems like you're having some sort of brain episode.
但我能看出你的脑子好像出了问题
No, I'm serious. Thank you for pushing me.
不 我是认真的 谢谢你一直激励我
You know how hard it's been to keep up with you my whole life?
你知道一生都追赶你有多难吗
Uh, I have my GPA because of you.
多亏了你我才能得到这个绩点
I got into Stanford because of you.
多亏了你我才能被斯坦福录取
I'll admit I did spend about a few hundred extra hours
我得承认我为了超过你
trying to be better than you.
确实多花了几百个小时
I'm gonna miss this when we go to college.
上大学后我会怀念这一切的
Yeah, I guess I'll miss this, too.
是啊 我觉得我也会怀念的
I like you.
我喜欢你
Okay.
好吧
I mean like-like,
我说的是那种喜欢
like how Pierre Curie liked Marie Curie.
像皮埃尔·居里喜欢玛丽·居里一样
I'm sorry. I-I went too far.
对不起 我说得太过火了
You smell pretty. I should go.
你身上真好闻 我得走了
Where's Alex? I made her a smoothie.
艾丽克斯去哪儿了 我给她做了奶昔
Might have made it a little too healthy.
可能原料有点太健康了
Why are we so focused on helping Alex win
为什么我们只专注于帮艾丽克斯赢
when we could be working on making Sanjay lose?
而没有致力于让桑杰输
- Talk to me. - Okay, is there a manhole on the track,
-继续说 -跑道上有窨井吗
cause it's kind of important to my plan.
因为那对我的计划至关重要
Okay, that was weird. Sanjay was just here.
好吧 有件奇怪的事 桑杰刚刚来了
He said that the best part of high school
他说我们的竞争是他高中时期
was our competition, and...
最美好的一段 还有...
that he liked me.
他喜欢我
Oh, honey.
甜心
What?
怎么了
Doesn't the timing seem a little suspicious to you?
这个时机选得有些可疑吧
Maybe, but he seemed really genuine.
也许是 但他看上去很真诚
Classic psychological warfare.
典型的心理战
I've dealt with it in elite competitions.
我在精英竞争中见到过
I didn't realize it happened outside of cheerleading.
我不知道这种事在拉拉队以外也会发生
Think about it, sweetie.
仔细想想 亲爱的
Has he ever said anything nice to you before?
他以前对你说过好听的吗
No.
没有
Not even when I break out my fun blazer.
我亮出幽默上衣的时候都没有
Oh, my god. What is wrong with me?
我的天呐 我怎么了
I can't believe I let him get in my head.
我不敢相信我居然让他扰乱了我的思绪
Oh, he is going down.
他死定了
Tomorrow, Sanjay Patel begins a lifetime of second best.
明天起桑杰·帕特尔一生都得屈居第二了
Enjoy your Hydrox cookies
享受你的氢牌饼干[类似奥利奥]
and your silver medal, Mr. Vice President!
和银牌吧 副总统先生
You go, girl.
加油 姑娘
Do we have any cookies?
我们有饼干吗
Gloria.
歌洛莉亚
Howdy, hubby.
你好啊 老公
How about some grub before we turn on the nascar?
在我们开足马力前先吃点零食如何
I'm not gonna lie, I like where this is going.
说实话 我挺喜欢事情的走向
But, uh...i'm not sure I'm supposed to.
但是 我不确定自己该不该喜欢
Ain't this what you wanted?
这不就是你想要的吗
The perfect American wife
一个完美的美国妻子
to make your life more convenient?
让你的生活更加便利
Do you think that's an American accent?
你觉得这是美国口音吗
From Texas.
德州口音
Manny told me that you want me to give up my heritage
曼尼告诉我你想让我放弃我的传统
so that you don't have to wait in line at the airport.
这样你就不用在机场排队了
Oh, I got to stop talking to that kid when I'm drinking.
我不能再在喝醉后和那孩子聊天了
Well, I'm not gonna do it.
我不去考试了
So say goodbye to your little American wife.
和你的美国小娇妻告别吧
Man, those shorts really take the sting
天呐 那条热裤真能让我
out of getting yelled at.
忘了被骂的痛
Oh, my God, that burger was so good,
我的天呐 那个汉堡太棒了
I feel like I just cheated on you.
我感觉就像劈腿了似的
Yeah, I heard the moaning. Are we terrible people?
我听见你的呻吟了 我们是不是很差劲
I don't think we are. Look, hear -- hear me out.
我觉得不是 听我说
By eating those burgers, we denied them
我们吃了那些汉堡就避免了
from the sort of narrow-minded homophobes
让它们被那些可能来这家餐厅的
that would come to a restaurant like this.
恐同者享受的可能性
Okay, I don't totally follow, but I like where you ended up.
好吧 我没太懂 但我喜欢你的结论
I-I'm just saying that we did the right thing by coming here,
我意思就是我们来这里是正确的选择
And I feel like -- oh, god, gays.
天呐 基友
We're here! We're queer!
我们在这 我们是基友
We don't support corporations that contribute to Super PACs
我们不支持为不支持同志享有伴侣医保的
which don't support healthcare coverage for same-sex partners!
超级政治行动委员会捐款的企业
Oh, right.
原来如此
Right. That's why we're boycotting this place.
原来是为这个进行抵制啊
Right.
原来如此
We're here! We're queer!
我们在这 我们是基友
How are we supposed to fall in without them noticing?
我们该怎么悄悄混进去
Okay, it's just like double dutch.
就跟跳双摇大绳一样
Just find the rhythm and jump in. Go, go.
找准节奏跳进去就行 快快
- Right now? - Yeah.
-现在 -对
We're here! We're queer!
我们在这 我们是基友
We don't support corporations thatontribute to Super PACs
我们不支持为不支持同志享有伴侣医保的
which don't support healthcare corage for same-sex partners!
超级政治行动委员会捐款的企业
We're here! We're queer!
我们在这 我们是基友
We don't support corporations that contribute to Super PACs
我们不支持为不支持同志享有伴侣医保的
which don't support...
超级政治行动...
Hey, you came!
你们来了呢
Well, well, well. What a surprise.
真是出人所料呢
I don't know why this is a surprise.
有这什么好意外的
We're very political people.
我们很关心政治
Yes, there's not a week that goes by that we're not
对啊 我们每一天都在热切地
deeply entrenched in the issues that face our community.
关心着基佬社会面临的问题
Deeply. Deeply.
热切 那是相当热切
- And this whole, um, Super PAC thing... - Super PAC.
-还有这个超级政治行动委员会 -委员会
It's -- it is infuriating.
真是太让人气愤了
Mr. Pritchett, you forgot your cellphone inside.
普里契特先生 您把手机落下了
Thank you. Thank you.
谢谢 谢谢
See, uh, before you guys got here,
你们来之前
we went in there,
我们走进这家餐厅
and we demanded a refund for our gift cards.
让他们退礼物卡的钱
- Yes, we went into the belly of the beast. - So...yes, we did.
-我们深入虎穴 -没错
- Sir, you forgot your food to go. - Thank you.
-先生 您忘拿打包的菜了 -谢谢
- And fed your bellies. - How could you?
-深入虎穴吃饭吗 -不要脸
Okay, before you get all superior,
得了吧 别一副高高在上的样子
We hadn't eaten since breakfast.
我们早餐以后啥都没吃
It's a quarter to 1:00.
现在才12:45好嘛
That's what I'm saying.
对啊已经12:45了
Okay, you know what? Yes.
听我说 没错
We went in there with the best of intentions,
我们一身正气地走进去
and we stumbled, but who amongst us hasn't?
我们是没忍住 可在场的谁没有过啊
- And, okay, isn't that what we're fighting for -- - yes.
-这不就是我们现在争取的吗 -对啊
the freedom to fall short of perfection
争取做不完美的人
and still be judged by the same standard as everyone else?
而依旧被等同视之的权利
- That. - Thank you.
-对吧 -谢谢
No.
不是
Didn't you hear our chant? It was really quite clear.
你没听到口号吗 我们抗议的不是这事
- It's quite long. - You know, look.
-口号太长了 -听着
- We want to be socially responsible. - We do.
-我们想担起社会责任 -没错
We want to do the right thing.
我们想做正确的事
- But it's hard to keep track... - So hard.
-但要记得清... -太难了
of all the companies that we like
所有我们该喜欢的公司
- and that we don't like. - Don't like.
-和不该喜欢的公司太难了 -不该喜欢的
We're -- we're just trying to make it in this world,
我们就想适应这个世界
raise our daughter, get her to her soccer game.
抚养女儿 让她进足球队
Not Youth Soccer Federation.
你说的该不会是少年足球协会
'Cause if it's Youth Soccer Federation --
因为如果你说的是少年足球协会
- I don't want to know. - Oh, my God!
-我不想知道 -我了个娘啊
You know what? Sh-shame! Shame!
耻辱 耻辱
Shame! Shame on you.
耻辱 奇耻大辱
You are no better than the people in that restaurant.
你们比那餐厅里的人好不到哪去
Come on, Cam let's go.
小卡 走了
Come on.
Think they bought it?
他们被唬住了吗
Keep your head up. Don't look back.
抬头 别往后看
Being right is mostly confidence.
只要肯信 万物成真
Okay, look. I'm sorry.
好了 是我不对
We good?
我们没事了吧
Apparently not.
明显没有
Look, complaining about a line at an airport
拿在机场排队当借口
is easier than admitting the truth about why I want you to become a citizen.
比承认真实的原因要容易
I guess it still bothers me
我想我还是很不爽
that you have all these ties to Javier.
你和哈维尔之间千丝万缕的联系
What ties? What are you talking about?
什么联系 你瞎扯些什么
Gloria Delgado-Pritchett.
歌洛莉亚·迪尔加多-普里契特
You still have his last name. You're both Colombians.
你还留着他的姓 你们都是哥伦比亚人
When you and I come back to the country,
我们回国的时候
we have to wait in separate lines
得排不同的队
like we're not even in the same family.
就像我们不是一家人
I don't know.
我也不知道
I guess I just thought that if you committed to America,
我猜如果你加入美国籍
in some weird way, you'd be recommitting to me.
你可能就完全属于我了
That's the longest you've ever been quiet,
你从没安静过这么长时间
And it's terrifying.
好吓人
I know nobody asked for my advice --
我知道没人问我意见
Yet you're talking..
那你还说些什么
I agree with Jay.
我同意杰
Let's hear him out.
听他说
Don't do this for him, mom.
妈 别为了他加入美国籍
You're all over the place.
你怎么这么多话
But you also shouldn't worry about what Dad thinks.
你也不该在意爸爸的想法
I think you should become a citizen
我觉得你应该加入美国籍
because even back when we were alone in our apartment,
是因为我们还住在旧公寓的时候
this is what you always wanted.
这就是你想要的
Remember sitting by the window,
还记得我们坐在窗边
watching reruns of "Miami Vice" on the neighbor's TV,
看邻居电视里的《迈阿密风云》重播吗
and all the bad guys were caught
所有的坏人都被抓住了
and all the policemen had those -- those nice cars?
所有警察都开着那些好车
We used to watch that
我们看的时候就想
and think what an amazing country this was.
这国家真美好
Did a little research.
我调查了一下
If mom isn't a citizen when Jay
如果杰去享"极乐"之后
"moves on to a better place",
妈妈还不是正式公民
we could be looking at a pretty hefty estate tax.
遗产税的数字就要吓死人了
I don't want to sound insensitive,
我不想让人觉得我没人性
but I have acquired a real taste for truffles.
可我实在不能忍受吃不上松露的日子
All right, kids, four laps.
好了 孩子们 一共四圈
First one to finish wins.
先跑完的人获胜
It's not rocket science, unfortunately for you,
不是什么高数大物 不过对你们来说
because I think you'd find that easier.
高数可能反倒更容易
You nervous?
紧张吗
Come on, Alex! You can do it!
加油 艾丽克斯 你能行
I ran six miles the morning you were born!
你出生的那天早上我跑了六英里
You came out of the womb ready for this!
你出娘胎就准备好了
Sanjay! Your 115 cousins are rooting for you!
桑杰 你的115个表亲都支持你
Why are you ignoring me?
你为什么不理我
All right, on your mark.
好了 各就各位
Look. I didn't mean to weird you out yesterday.
听我说 昨天我没想要吓到你
Stop it. I'm not falling for these little mind games.
别说了 我才不会上这些心理战术的当
- Get set. - It's not a game.
-预备 -那不是心理战术
It's how I feel.
是我的真实想法
I said enough, Sanjay.
我说了打住 桑杰
Run, Sanjay!
快跑 桑杰
What's happening?
怎么回事
He must know something we don't.
他肯定知道什么我们不知道的事
Stop running, Alex! It's a trap!
别跑了 艾丽克斯 这是个陷阱
What are you doing?
你干吗呢
I was telling the truth yesterday.
昨天我说的是实话
I don't care if I lose valedictorian
如果能证明我真的喜欢你
if it'll prove that I really like you.
我不在乎丢掉致告别辞的机会
Are -- are you serious?
你是认真的吗
Yes.
是的
Please don't laugh at me.
请不要笑我
I'm -- I'm feeling very exposed with my skinny legs.
露着细腿我觉得好尴尬
I-I like your legs.
我喜欢你的腿
You do?
真的
Well... I love your hair.
我喜欢你的头发
And your smile.
还有你的微笑
And the way you roll your beautiful brown eyes
还有别人答错题时
when someone gets an answer wrong.
你漂亮的棕色眼睛翻白的样子
I don't understand what's going on.
我搞不懂怎么回事
Why isn't he running?
他为什么不跑
We spent $1,200 on a Skype session with Usain Bolt.
我们花了1200元在Skype上了一节博尔特的课呢
Uh, I feel like we're about to kiss.
感觉我们该接吻了
Are we about to kiss, 'cause I've never really --
我们该接吻了吗 我还没真的
Oh, my god. They're kissing.
我的天 他们在接吻
Sanjay! What are you doing?!
桑杰 你在干什么
Get away from her!
离她远点
Oh, it's so cute.
好萌啊
He seems quite skilled at it.
他看上去挺在行的
Okay, that's enough.
行了 就这样吧
I-I think -- I think we can dial it back.
我觉得 可以低调点
So, co-valedictorians it is.
那么就一起做联合学生代表吧
I missed a tile demo at home depot for this,
为了这比赛我错过了家得宝的瓷砖展示会
but good for you.
你们俩倒好
This is a land
这片土地上
where people of vastly different cultures
生活着众多不同文化背景的人
are brought together by their willingness to work hard
他们因奋斗的意愿和对成功的渴望
and their desire to succeed.
汇集在一起
I'm a better kisser than you are.
我的吻技比你好
You're joking, right? I'm actually destroying you.
开玩笑 姐分分钟碾压你
This is a land made great
这片土地
by people standing up for what they believe.
因坚持信仰的人们而伟大
What are you doing?
你在干什么
Um, you know what?
我说啊
I have decided that we -- we cannot eat these curly fries.
我决定 我们不能吃这盒扭扭薯条
Ba-ba-ba! Shake it.
摇一摇
The container, Cam.
摇盒子 小卡
This is a beacon of freedom.
这是自由的灯塔
美国公民
Welcome to the United States of America.
欢迎来到美利坚合众国
That's your wife?
她是你老婆
Pretty great country, huh?
这国家很不错 对吧
Okay. You ready to begin?
准备好了吗
Yes.
准备好了
The United States government has how many branches?
美国政府有几个分支
- Three. - Correct.
-三个 -正确
What color are the stars on the American flag?
美国国旗上的星星是什么颜色的
White, but I feel like it's my duty to tell you
白的 不过我觉得我有义务告诉你
that you have a flag right behind you,
你背后就有面国旗
so probably you need to ask me another question.
我觉得你该换个问题问我
No need. Congratulations, you passed.
不用了 恭喜你 你通过了
What? That's it? Two questions?
什么 没了吗 才两个问题
And I have a cheat flag? That's all it takes?
还有作弊旗 这样就行了吗
Yep, you'll get an official letter in the mail
对 你会收到官方信函
with the details of your oath ceremony.
里面有你宣誓仪式的细节
Do you know how long I've been studying for this?
你知道我为此花了多长时间学习吗
You're robbing me of the feeling of achievement.
你把我的成就感都剥夺了
Ask me another question, and a hard one this time.
再问我一个问题 要难点的
- But you already passed -- - Do it.
-可你已经通过了 -快点
Okay.
好吧
How many Congress members are there?
国会有几个成员
You know what? It's too late. You've already said that I passed.
问迟了 你都说了我已经过了