摩登家庭 第六季 Modern Family Season 6 第5集: Won't You Be Our Neighbor

上映日期: 2,014

语言: 英语

影片类型: 喜剧 / 家庭

导演: 贝丝·麦卡锡-米勒

演员: 艾德·奥尼尔 / 索菲娅·维加拉 / 朱丽·鲍温 / 泰·布利尔 / 杰西·泰勒·弗格森 / 艾瑞克·斯通斯崔特 / 里克·罗德里格兹 / 诺兰·古德 / 萨拉·海蓝德 / 阿芮尔·温特 / 奥布里·


台词
Okay. I'm taking off.
好了 我出门了
Where are you going?
你要去哪
I thought we were going to give a chicken
我们不是约好要让那只鸡度过
the best day of its life.
生命中最美好的一天吗
I hate that we keep rescheduling that,
我也不想总是改时间
but being a realtor man means working on sundays,
可是当地产经纪人就得周末上班
[莱斯利·斯塔尔 美国著名记者]
like priests and Lesley Stahl.
就像神父和莱斯利·斯塔尔一样
Good luck out there, honey.
祝你好运 亲爱的
We're all counting on you.
我们都指着你了
Just got to make it through this commute.
希望能成功到达那里
I'll call when I get there.
到了会告诉你的
有房待售菲尔·邓菲
I'm there!
我到了
Have a great day!
祝你愉快
I am handling the sale of our neighbor Jerry's house.
我在帮我们的邻居杰瑞卖房子
He's selling it and moving into a bachelor pad
他要卖了房子搬去单身公寓
now that he's officially divorced.
因为他已经正式离婚了
Which is great!
这太棒了
Well, I don't know about "great."
我没觉得很棒
I mean, you can come and go as you please, I suppose,
可能的确来去自由一些
and maybe see what's up with the U.P.S. girl
也许还能和送快递的姑娘调调情
who's always asking if you work out, or --
她总是会问你是否健身
It's great because we have the rare opportunity
这很棒是因为我们居然有机会
to choose our new neighbors.
选择我们的新邻居
While still looking out
当然同时还要
for my client's best interests, of course.
兼顾我客户的利益
Winkwink.
你懂的
I'm in kind of in a delicate spot --
我现在处境有点微妙
stuck between my wife and the guy next door,
夹在老婆和隔壁的哥们之间左右为难
but I'm pretty sure I can satisfy them both simultaneously.
不过我有把握同时满足他们两个
Okay. That's them. That's them.
好了 他们来了 他们来了
Everybody look like you're gardening.
所有人都装成做园艺的样子
[音似little hole 小贱货]
Luke, grab that little hoe.
卢克 拿起那把小锄头
Uh, I -- I don't think that's what she meant.
她说的不是那个意思
Is it?
对吧
Okay, why are we doing this?
我们为什么要这么做
This is their third visit, and we want to look good.
这是他们第三次来了 我们要表现好点
What's so great about them?
他们有什么好的
They're very well-liked in their neighborhood,
他们在原来的社区很受欢迎
they have very polite children,
他们的孩子很懂礼貌
and they are sophisticated.
他们很有深度
The husband is a huge wine collector.
那个男的收藏了很多红酒
Oh, there it is.
这才是重点
All right, this is it. This is it.
好了 快点 快点
Okay, look sharp.
看着精神点儿
Luke, what's on your face?
卢克 你脸上是什么
I don't know. What color is it?
我不知道 什么颜色的
Why isn't it coming off?
怎么弄不下来
This feels like a panic move.
这种行为太奇怪了
Hey... again. Hello.
你们好
- Morning. - Hello.
-早安 -你们好
Just doing a little family gardening.
家庭园艺时间
See ya.
回见
It's peanut butter, by the way.
顺便说一句那是花生酱
We ran out of peanut butter two days ago.
可两天前花生酱就吃光了
家 庭
摩 登
第六季 第五集
Holy cow. It works!
我的神哪 管用了
What is he doing?
他在干嘛
He's putting socks in a soda box and pulling them out.
他把袜子放进汽水包装里再拿出来
Oh, no.
This is like when my grandmother
这和我祖母那时开始
started combing her hair with a cactus.
用仙人掌梳头发一样
Jay, Jay, who is the president?
杰 杰 总统是谁
I will be when they see this.
这玩意儿能让我当上总统
Check this out.
瞧瞧这个
What's my biggest problem in the bedroom?
我在卧室里最大的难题是什么
Oh, thank God.
感谢上帝
It's that I'm always wearing the same socks
我总是穿同一双袜子
Because they're always up front.
因为它们总是在最上面
But this bad boy stores and rotates your socks.
但是这玩意能存放并轮换袜子
It's gonna revolutionize the closet industry.
这将创造衣柜界的历史
What an exciting time to be alive.
我真是生在一个黄金时代
I'm gonna get my lawyer on the horn,
我得找律师聊聊
try to lock the name down.
早点把名字的专利申请下来
Check this --
这个怎么样
"Sock it to me."
"袜掘机"
How about "Soxbox?"
"袜袜机器"怎么样
Gloria, please.
歌洛莉亚 拜托
I'm selling a lifestyle here.
我是要推崇一种生活方式
Uh, Mom, we're gonna go head out by the pool.
妈 我们去泳池那玩
No, no, no, wait. Say hello.
不不不 等等 打个招呼
Jay, this is Sophie.
杰 这是索菲
Hello.
你好
Hi, Mr. Pritchett.
你好 普里契特先生
What's that? Some sort of sock dispenser?
那是什么 自动配袜机吗
Bingo! I'm in the closet business.
没错 我是做衣柜生意的
And this is a crude prototype of my new invention.
这是我的新发明的雏形
What a great idea.
这创意真棒
You rotate your socks
它能帮你替换袜子
so you don't keep wearing the same ones.
这样就不会一直穿同一双了
That's exactly right.
完全正确
I call it "Sock it to me."
我叫它"袜掘机"
That's so clever.
这名字真妙
It's funny, and it tells you what it does.
很幽默 还说明了它的功能
Imagine it in walnut.
想象一下用胡桃木做的样子
What's happening?
这怎么回事
I -- I am so sorry that he's boring you.
我很抱歉他这么无聊
No, I like this sort of stuff.
不 我对这些很感兴趣
My grandpa Earl's in the closet business, too.
我爷爷厄尔也是做衣柜生意的
Wait, wait. Earl?
等等 厄尔
Not -- not Earl Chambers.
不会是厄尔·钱伯斯吧
Yeah, he owns closets, closets, closets...
对 他拥有"衣柜衣柜衣柜...
Closets. Yeah.
衣柜"公司 我知道
I know your grandpa.
我认识你爷爷
It was 1980.
1980年
Earl and I had just formed our company, Closet-Fornia.
厄尔和我合办了"衣橱福尼亚"公司
Business was great, high-end clients,
生意很不错 高端客户
maybe a celebrity or two.
还有一两个名流光顾
I shouldn't name names. Anyway...
不过我不方便说出他们的名字
Came to work one day,
有一天我上班的时候
and earl's desk had been cleared out.
发现厄尔的桌子被清空了
He had badmouthed me to half our rolodex.
他对我们一半的客户说了我的坏话
It was devastating.
我都绝望了
I had to start all over.
我只能重新开始
Well, what the hell?
算了 告诉你们吧
[著名影星 代表作《豪门恩怨》]
It was Larry Hagman.
拉里·哈格曼曾是我们的客户
Heck of a guy.
那家伙很棒
Heart as big as his hat.
胸怀宽广似海洋
Hey, you're back already?
这么快就回来了
How was the birthday party?
生日派对怎么样
I rode a unicorn.
我骑了一头独角兽
Yes, you did.
对 没错
All by your lonesome.
自己一个人骑上去的
It wasn't a real unicorn.
不是真的独角兽
Thank you.
多谢解释
I'm gonna go and do homework.
我准备去做作业了
Don't knock unless it's an actual emergency.
不是紧急事情别来烦我
Not a spider.
比如打蜘蛛什么的
Ms. Plank gave her homework on the weekend?
普兰克老师周末还留作业吗
She's 7.
她才七岁
I know. The woman is insane.
我知道 那女人疯了
But listen.
不过听着
I heard something in the glitter-tattoo line.
我在荧光纹身贴那里排队时听到了些消息
What?
什么
There's an opening in Miss Sparrow's class.
斯帕萝老师的班上有了一个空位
Oh, my god! Cam, that's amazing.
天哪 小卡 那太棒了
We got to get her in.
我们必须把她换到那个班上
I know. We're going in first thing tomorrow.
我知道 明天一早我们就去帮她换班
Let's see it.
给我看看你纹了什么
Two dolphins that form a heart.
两只海豚组成的红心
There are two second-grade teachers at Lily's school --
莉莉的学校有两位二年级老师
Miss Sparrow,
斯帕萝老师
who makes learning fun and adventurous.
她的课有趣而刺激
And then there's Lily's teacher, Mrs. Plank,
以及教莉莉的普兰克老师
who is stressing Lily out.
她快把莉莉逼疯了
Let's see, sweetie.
让我们看看 宝贝
Good job.
做得真棒
Oh, no! I spelled "Tadpole" wrong!
不 我把蝌蚪拼错了
Oh, well, now, that's just one mistake.
没关系 只是个小错误而已
Mrs. Plank doesn't tolerate mistakes!
普兰克老师不允许有错误
- Okay. - All right.
-好吧 -好吧
I call Mrs. Plank "Mrs. Crank."
我称普兰克老师为"可烂老师"
Because, you know,
因为
I have the courage to say what others won't.
我有勇气说出别人不敢说的
Behind her back.
背着她说
And I also helped the previous owners
我一年前帮上一个房主
install a brand-new tankless water heater a year ago,
装了全新的即热式热水系统
but did they show any gratitude?
但是他们有感激我吗
Nope!
没有
Because it's a "Tankless" job.
因为这工作"不用谢"[谐音]
Yes!
没错
Please move in.
搬过来吧
We can riff like this all the time.
我们可以经常这么即兴创作段子
So, what do ya think? Do you still love it?
你们觉得怎么样 还喜欢吗
Absolutely.
当然
I can just see filling this yard with flowers.
我已经在想象在院子里种满鲜花
Just like we're pretending to do.
和我们假装在干的一样
By the way, I love those shoes.
话说我很喜欢你的鞋子
Oh, thanks.
谢谢
George's firm does P.R. for about 10 shoe brands.
乔治的公司在为大概十家鞋子品牌做公关
If we end up living here,
如果我们搬进来
trust me, you'll be swimming in shoes.
相信我 你们会被淹没在鞋子的海洋
I've had that dream.
我做过这个梦
Speaking of dreams, what do you think?
说起梦想 你们怎么想
You guys ready to pull the trigger?
准备好提笔签约了吗
I think we are.
我想准备好了
- That's great! - Yes!
-棒极了 -太好了
I'm a size 6!
我穿六号鞋
Not since I fell off the roof
自从上次我从房顶上掉下来
while they were delivering our trampoline
刚好摔在正被送来的蹦床上
have things come together so beautifully.
就再没发生过这么美好的事了
有房待售菲尔·邓菲
See you soon!
再见
We did it.
成功了
We are gonna have the best neighbors ever!
我们就要迎来史上最棒的邻居了
What's that noise?
这什么声音
Cool!
I don't want to see a stupid house.
我才不想看什么破房子
Hey, how 'bout you shut up and not embarrass us?
你能不能闭上嘴别丢我们的脸
How 'bout you both shut up?
你俩能不能都闭嘴
I'm sick of listening to you.
听你们说话都听烦了
Hey, don't talk to your dad like that,
别这么跟你爸说话
or you can go live with your boyfriend.
不然就搬去跟你男友住
He's not my boyfriend.
他不是我男友
I just make out with him
我只是跟他亲热而已
so I don't have to take his class again.
这样就不用再上他的课了
We should go say hi.
我们该去打个招呼
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.
不 不 不 不 不 不
Phil, shut it down.
菲尔 快摘下来
I'm trying! What are these things made of?
我在努力 这东西怎么这么结实
Come on.
快点
Dude...
天啊
I love this place.
我爱死这地方了
Me too, baby.
我也是 亲爱的
I always wanted a Spanish house.
我一直想住在西班牙式的房子里
It'll be like living at an El Torito.
就好像住在小公牛墨西哥餐厅一样
Oh! Your family.
是你家人
Hey, you the neighbors? You like living here?!
你们是邻居吗 喜欢这地方吗
What? I'm so sorry.
你说什么 不好意思
It's so hard to hear over all that freeway noise, right?
交通噪音太大 我听不清
Hey, then no one's gonna complain
这样就不会有人抱怨
when I'm revving my cars, my bike, or my lady.
我驾驶汽车 机车和我老婆时的噪音了
I'm Ronnie Lafontaine.
我叫罗尼·拉方丹
And this hot lady right here is my wife, Amber.
这位辣妹是我老婆 安布尔
And these two little hellraisers are Tammy and Ronnie jr.
这两个小恶魔是塔米和小罗尼
Hey, hot stuff.
你好啊 辣妹
M-m-m-me?
我 我 我吗
Um...hello.
你好啊
Damn, this neighborhood's sweet.
这地方太好了
Yeah, it's close to my work, too.
离我工作的地方也很近
Wh-- uh, what is your line of work, Ronnie?
你是干什么工作的 罗尼
Well, I'm basically a doctor.
我基本上算是医生
Oh, stop being modest.
别谦虚了
He owns, like, a buttload of medical-weed dispensaries.
他有一大堆医用大麻药房
Ah, that's where I kno-- Oh, hello?
我就说我看你怎么这么眼... 你好
Honey, you look a little nauseous.
大妹子 你好像不太舒服
Yeah. Yeah, a little.
是啊 是有点
Hey, I got something for that.
我有东西能让你舒坦些
All good.
不用了
How could you bring her to my home?
你怎么能把她领家里来
She's the granddaughter of my worst enemy.
她是我的死敌的孙女
I had no idea who she was.
我又不知道是这样
I met her in my theater group.
我是在戏剧小组认识她的
I'm Caesar, and she's Concubine #3.
我演凯撒 她演3号小妾
It was bound to happen.
缘由天定躲不掉
Earl Chambers is a liar and a backstabber
厄尔·钱伯斯是个在背后暗算人的骗子
who betrayed me and never apologized.
他背叛了我却从未道歉
Jay, please. It's just closets.
杰 拜托 不就是衣柜吗
I wish it was just closets.
我倒希望是"就是衣柜"公司的人
I respect those guys.
那帮人还值得我尊敬
Damn it, she saw the Sock It To Me!
糟了 她看到我的"袜掘机"了
So what?
那又怎样
If she can remember how it works,
如果她能记得它的工作原理
She's gonna tell Earl all about it.
她会一五一十地告诉厄尔的
If she can remember how it works?
她会记得它的工作原理
You put the sock in a box.
不就是把袜子放到盒子里
Even Joe could have thought of that.
连乔都能想得出来
What else did you discuss with her?
你还跟她说过什么
Did you mention
你提到过
we've been experimenting with lighted hanging rods?
我们在实验发光晾衣杆的事吗
I don't have a great rap with girls,
我不太擅长和女生聊天
but it's better than that.
可我不会傻到聊那个
Well, you're gonna use it with someone else
那你只能和别人聊了
'cause I forbid you to see her.
因为我禁止你再见她
- What? - That's not fair.
-什么 -这不公平
What's not fair is me picking up the pieces of my life
不公平的是在我重拾生活的同时
while Earl gets to be an extra on "Dallas"!
厄尔却可以出演《豪门恩怨》
Hey, Dunphy.
邓菲
Just checking out this tree.
我在打量这棵树
Oh, yeah,
是啊
it's really messy, right?
乱透了 是吧
And it makes the house so dark.
把房子的光都挡住了
But the -- the rats love it, so...
不过那些老鼠挺喜欢的
Yeah, no worries. I'm gonna cut it down.
别担心 我会把它砍掉的
I don't want all this sap all over my lawn couch.
我可不想让树液滴到我的躺椅上
Well, I wouldn't fire up your chainsaw just yet, Ronnie.
我要是你就不会先急着砍树 罗尼
It's a very competitive market.
房地产市场竞争很激烈
Is there another buyer?
还有别的买家吗
I really shouldn't say.
我不能告诉你
Is this -- is this one of those realtor tricks?
你这是 在玩地产经纪人的花招吗
No.
不是
Where you're trying to get me to raise my offer?
你是想用这种方法让我提价吗
Oh, no.
不是
Well, it's working.
很可惜它奏效了
All right. I'll throw in another 50 grand.
这样吧 我再加五万
What?! That's a terrible idea!
什么 这主意糟透了
I'm not losing the house.
我不能错过这房子
I had the best sex of my life in there.
我在里面干了人生最爽的一炮
When?!
什么时候干的
Excuse me, Ms. Crank.
打扰了 可烂老师
-Plank. Ms. Plank?
普兰克 普兰克老师
Yes?
什么事
Hi. I-- Oh. A frowny-face stamp.
你好 是个哭脸印章啊
I didn't know they made those.
我都不知道还有这玩意
I had to special order it from Germany.
我是从德国特别订做的
May I help you?
你们有什么事
Uh, well, we're Lily's parents.
我们是莉莉的家长
Is there a problem?
有什么问题吗
Not so much a problem, no.
也算不上是问题
No, more of an opportunity for you to...
是啊 更像是给您一个机会...
lighten your workload.
减轻工作负担
Maybe turn that frowny-face stamp upside down.
也许能让哭脸印章倒过来
Let me guess--
让我猜猜
you've heard there's
你们听说了
an opening in young Ms. Sparrow's classroom.
年轻的斯帕萝老师的班上有空位了
- What? - Miss who?
-什么 -哪个老师
- Is this-- Do you-- - An opening?
-是那个 你确定 -有空缺
No.
没听说
Oh, I'm sorry.
不好意思
Forgive me for jumping to conclusions.
请原谅我妄下结论
By all means, tell me why you're here.
请你们告诉我你们有何贵干
Well, we-- we've just, uh, stopped by,
我们 我们就是顺路
Uh, in the neighborhood to
过来一趟
- say hello. - Say hi. Hi.
-打个招呼 -问个好 你好
And, also, um...
另外...
今日词汇丑角
about this opening in Miss Sparrow's class
有关您推荐给莉莉的
that you suggested for Lily.
斯帕萝老师的班
Is that something that you would...
您觉得这事...
That you would think would be a good idea?
您觉得这主意好吗
Parents are not allowed
家长无权
to choose their children's teachers.
给孩子选择老师
No, and, of course,
当然了
I would never suggest special treatment for Lily
我肯定不会为莉莉要求特殊对待
even if she is a -- a former orphan and minority
尽管她曾是孤儿 又是外国移民
and-- and daughter of two gay men.
还是两个同志的女儿
That's a big load on those little shoulders.
对她来说可是一大负担
Are you suggesting that your daughter is at a disadvantage
你们的意思是你们女儿处于不利
because she's being raised by gay parents?
因为她是被同志家庭养大的吗
Is it working?
这能打动您吗
Okay. You know what?
好吧 说实话
Look. Uh, we just don't think that Lily responds
我们只不过觉得莉莉不太接受
to your, uh, teaching methods,
您的教学方法
and we think she would be happier in Miss Sparrow's class.
我们觉得她在斯帕萝老师的课上会更开心
We would all be happier
在那个被她
in that new-age drum circle she calls a classroom.
称为教室的游乐场里我们都会更开心的
Okay, well, we didn't mean to offend you.
好吧 我们无意冒犯
We're not saying you're any worse than her.
我们不是说你比她的差
She.
比她差
Ma'am?
您说什么
"Than she."
比她差
That's proper English.
这才是正确的语法
It's too bad Lily won't learn it.
真遗憾莉莉学不到了
So she can go.
所以她能去咯
As far as I'm concerned, she's gone already.
据我所知 她已经去了
One more child left behind.
又一个落在后面的小孩
Okay, you know what? No. Lily will be fine,
知道吗 不 莉莉会很好的
'cause she's gonna have the chance to thrive
因为她会在一个更有爱的环境里
in a more supportive environment.
有蓬勃发展的机会
Yeah, you don't need to worry about she.
是啊 你没必要担心她
This place is a great idea, Gloria.
来这里真是个好主意 歌洛莉亚
Did I ever tell you
我跟你说过吗
this is where I first tried pretzel bread?
我就是在这里第一次吃了椒盐卷饼面包
Hello, Jay.
你好 杰
Hello, Earl.
你好 厄尔
I invited him
我邀请了他
so that you two finally can bury the machete.
好让你们能放下彼此间过去的矛盾
Well, this scumbag already buried it in my back.
这个人渣曾在背后给过我一"矛"
You son of a bitch!
你个王八蛋
No! No! No! No!
别这样 别这样
Stop it! Sit down!
住手 坐下来
This is crazy.
这太疯狂了
You two need to be friends.
你俩得成为朋友
You're the only two people in the world
世界上只有你们两个人
that care so much about closets.
这么在意衣柜
This is silly!
这太愚蠢了
I guess those angled shelves
那些摆放着
that display all your precious shoes are silly.
你的宝贝鞋子的架子才愚蠢
Or the rotating tie rack
或者旋转领带架子
that helps a brain surgeon save valuable seconds,
那能帮脑外科医生节约珍贵的时间
and, just maybe, a life.
也许救下一条人命
You fought me every step of the way on that.
你当时对我步步阻挠
Because the technology wasn't there yet.
因为科技还没发展到那种地步
People were gonna get hurt!
人们会受伤的
- If you would open your ears -- - Enough!
-如果你能听听 -够了
You two are acting like two little boys.
你俩表现得像小孩子一样
So I'm gonna have to handle this
所以我要用我妈妈对付
how my mother handled my two brothers.
我的两个弟弟的方法来对你们
It's either you two work this out...
你俩要么解决这事
...or you kill each other.
要么杀了对方
When Reefer Madness raised his offer,
当疯狂的大麻毒贩提高报价时
we invited the Thompsons over
我们邀请了汤普森夫妇过来
to try to convince them to raise theirs.
试图说服他们也提高报价
We wanted to show them
我们想向他们展示
that the best thing about that house
那所房子的最大优点
is its location.
就是它的位置
It's Dunphy-adjacent.
它位于邓菲家旁边
That was so much fun.
今晚过得很开心
We'll hear from you soon, huh?
你们很快会给我们答复吧
You sure will.
当然啦
Sooner than you think.
比你想象的更快
- All right. - Okay, bye.
-好吧 -再见
- Drive safe. - See ya.
-小心开车 -回头见
Nailed it.
搞定了
Are they gone?
他们走了吗
They are, but don't you worry.
是啊 但是别担心
We are gonna see a lot more of those two soon.
我们很快就会经常见到他们了
Oh, and hearing from them even sooner.
更快收到了他们的消息
It looks like someone didn't get their "Phil" of Dunphy.
看来某人意犹未尽啊
No.
不好
What?
什么
They pulled their offer.
他们撤回报价了
Why? What happened?
为什么 出什么事了
You pervs probably freaked 'em out.
你们两个变态可能吓坏他们了
What do you mean, "Pervs"?
你说变态是什么意思
It's short for perverts.
就是变态色情狂的简称
You guys were throwing yourselves at them all night long.
你们整晚都在对他们投怀送抱
What can I say? That's shoe business.
我能怎么说 卖鞋子就是那样的
Whoa, no guns allowed in this house.
进家里可不能带枪
Let's off that top, Lisa.
脱了上衣吧 丽莎
Let's... let's top that off, Lisa.
我是说 我给你加点酒吧 丽莎
Phil.
菲尔
So, this has been fun.
这很有趣
It'll be even more fun when you guys move in.
等你们搬过来后会更有趣的
Well, even if we raise our offer,
就算我们提高报价
who knows if we'll get the house?
谁知道我们能不能买到这房子
Fortunately,
幸运的是
you are getting into bed with the right people.
你们找对了人[跟对的人上了床]
Nothing inappropriate, of course.
当然 我们不做不得体的事
Wink, wink.
你懂的
But just so there's no misunderstanding,
但不要误会了
we want you.
我们想要你们
Why didn't you stop us?
你为什么不阻止我们
Hey, I don't know what you guys are into.
我又不知道你们想干什么
Oh, my god. What are we gonna do?
天啊 我们要怎么做
Oh, relax.
放轻松啦
I'm sure you guys will find a couple
我敢肯定你们会找到
that wants to get with you.
想和你们交往的夫妇
I'm here because she says you want to apologize.
我来这里是因为她说你想道歉
You're the one that owes the apology to me.
是你该向我道歉
Oh, yeah?
是吗
ClosetCon, 1998.
1998年的橱柜大会
You sabotaged my booth.
你毁了我的摊位
That thing collapsed because it was cheap
那玩意儿倒了 因为它很廉价
and bought in the orient -- like your wife.
而且是在东方买的 和你老婆一样
How many times do I have to tell people --
我说了多少次了
You only pay for the meeting.
见面是需要付钱
The feelings have to be real!
但有真感情才能结婚
Just keep your granddaughter out of my house.
别让你孙女再来我们家
For all I know, you sent her over there to spy on me!
我推测一定是你派她过来打探
Sophie? What is she doing at your house?
索菲吗 她去你家干什么
Dating my kid.
跟我儿子约会
Mitchell? He's got to be 40 years old.
米奇尔吗 他都有四十岁了
And don't you know that -- oh, I get to do this.
你不知道吗 我必须告诉你了
Mitchell is gay.
米奇尔是基佬
Shut up.
闭嘴
My stepson, Manny.
我继子曼尼
She's dating one of you?
她在跟你的儿子约会吗
My little, sweet Sophie?
我可爱的小索菲
That's right.
没错
My boy's dating her.
我儿子在跟她约会
He's dating her real good.
他在认真跟她约会
Well, I'm gonna put an end to it.
我要结束这一切
Great idea, Earl.
好主意 厄尔
'Cause girls love take advice
因为女孩们就喜欢
from their grandfathers about boys.
从爷爷那听取关于男生的建议
I banged your ex-wife!
我搞了你前妻
If you banged Dede, I do owe you an apology.
如果你搞了迪迪 我的确该向你道歉
Lily, it's daddies. Can we talk to you?
莉莉 是大爸二爸 能跟你聊聊吗
All right. Where's the spider?
好吧 蜘蛛在哪
No, no, no, it's -- it's not that.
不不 不是那么回事
Now, listen, we have some good news.
听着 我们有好消息
We -- we know you've been stressed out at school,
我们知道你在学校压力很大
so daddy and I went down there today,
所以大爸和我今天去了学校
and we got you into...
我们帮你换到了
Miss Sparrow's class!
斯帕萝老师的班级
- Really? - I thought you were setting me up.
-没搞错吧 -我还以为你是想让我说
But I want to stay with Mrs. Plank.
但我想留在普兰克老师的班里
But why? Miss -- Miss Sparrow's so fun and creative.
为什么啊 斯帕萝老师幽默又有创意
Yeah, today, she gave us yarn,
今天 她给了我们纱线
and we did whatever we wanted.
我们想做什么都行
I don't want to play with yarn.
我可不想玩纱线
I want to read and learn math.
我想阅读 学数学
We do math.
我们也学数学
Really? What's 2 plus 7?
是吗 2加7等于几
27 27.
No. No, it's 9.
不 是9
But that's an honest mistake, sweetheart.
但那是无心之过 亲爱的
Okay, what does blue and yellow make?
那蓝色和黄色混在一起是什么颜色
Blellow.
蓝黄色
You need to fix this.
你们得搞定这事
I could not sleep all night
我整晚都睡不着
thinking about those obnoxious people
想着那些讨厌的人们
living next door to us.
要住在我们隔壁
Especially that boy with the ripped jeans and the long hair
特别是那个穿着破洞牛仔裤 留着长发
and those blue eyes who called me hot.
叫我辣妹的蓝眼睛男生
Me? Hot? What?
我 辣妹 开什么玩笑
Phil, you know a bad neighbor can ruin your whole life.
菲尔 糟糕的邻居会毁掉你的一生
You remember my friend Juliet from yoga class?
你记得我瑜伽课上认识的朋友朱丽叶吧
We went to her brother's restaurant.
我们去过她哥哥的餐馆
Adult braces.
戴成人牙套的
Nope.
不记得
Black.
黑色的
Juliet. How is she?
朱丽叶 她怎么样
Miserable.
惨透了
These awful people moved in next door to her,
她家隔壁搬来了糟糕的邻居
and she feels like she's trapped in her house.
她感觉被困在了房子里
She has to run to her car every morning.
她每天早上得跑到自己车上
- That explains those calves. - Phil.
-怪不得她小腿肌肉发达 -菲尔
What am I supposed to do?
那我应该怎么办
I have one offer, and it's way above asking.
我这有一份报价 比要价高很多
Well, I don't know.
我不知道
Maybe, isn't it possible
也许 是否有可能
that Jerry never even sees this offer?
杰瑞根本就没看过这份报价
Things do go missing all the time.
东西有时候无缘无故就不见了
I'm legally bound to present all offers.
我在法律上有义务把所有报价都提供给他
- Wink, wink. - Stop doing that.
-你懂的嘛 -不要再这样说了
Withholding information would be a violation
隐瞒信息是违反地产经纪人的
of the realtor's oath.
入职宣誓的
Which you wrote.
那宣誓是你自己写的
Well, I also wrote my own wedding vows.
我的结婚誓词也是自己写的
I guess I should break those, too?
我干脆连那也一起违反吧
Phil.
菲尔
What am I saying?
看我胡说什么呢
I'll never send you to bed without a hug.
每晚睡前我都会给你一个拥抱
Manny up yet?
曼尼起来了吗
He's getting dressed. Why?
他在穿衣服 怎么了
He was asleep when I got home last night.
昨晚我回来的时候他已经睡了
And I want to talk to him about the Sophie-Earl situation.
我要跟他谈谈索菲和厄尔的问题
Are you going to start again?
你又要再来一次吗
I am tired of hearing you rant
我已经受够了听你唠叨
about the crazy closet world.
疯狂的衣柜界的事了
Why would I rant about crazy closet world?
我为什么要唠叨"疯狂的衣柜界"呢
Those lunatics priced themselves out of business years ago.
那家公司早就因为定价过高而没有销路了
Manny?!
曼尼
Two minutes! I'm fixing my costume!
两分钟就好 我在整理服装
If he wants to date this girl,
他想不想跟那个女孩约会
it's none of your business.
都跟你没有关系
That's exactly what I was gonna tell him.
这正是我要对他说的话
Where's Jay?
杰在哪里
What the hell are you doing here?
你来这干什么
This thing between us is getting out of control.
我们之间的矛盾有些失控了
We got to put an end to it right now.
现在必须做个了结
As long as you own up to what you did 30 years ago.
除非你愿意承担30年前你所做的事
If apologizing
如果我道歉
is gonna keep your no-good son away from my Sophie, then --
能让你那邪恶的儿子离我的索菲远点
He's not a no-good!
他才不是邪恶的
Yes, he is. He's a walking hormone.
没错 他是 他就是个行走的荷尔蒙
Now, let's hear this apology.
现在听他道歉
Fine.
好吧
I was under a lot of pressure back then, and -
那个时候我承受的压力很大 而且
Okay, keep in mind I'm not in makeup yet,
好了 要记住我还没有化妆
but do these sandals make my legs look thick?
这凉鞋是不是让我的腿显得很粗
'Cause I -- I could lower the hem.
如果是的话 我可以把裙边卷下去
Aw, geez.
天哪
Who's that?
他是谁
That's, uh, the maid's son.
他是 是女佣的儿子
Not now, Gomez!
等会儿再说 戈麦斯
Jay, what are you doing?!
杰 你在干什么
Letting the man speak!
让他把话说完
I'm sorry, I didn't know we had any company.
真抱歉 我不知道有客人来了
Hi. I'm Manny.
你好 我是曼尼
You're Manny?
你就是曼尼
You said you were under pressure...
你刚才说你当时压力很大...
This is the big stud
他就是那个对我的索菲
who's been groping my Sophie?
毛手毛脚的大种马吗
Sir, I promise you
先生 我向您保证
there's nothing untoward between me and Sophie.
我和索菲之间没什么见不得人的事
You know what, kid?
你知道吗 孩子
I believe you.
我相信你
And you should.
你应该相信
He's the sweetest boy in the whole world!
他是这世界上最善良的男孩
No, he's not!
不 他不是
Pritchett, I wish I had a number-10 mirror
普里契特 真希望现在有面大号的镜子
so you could see the look on your face right now.
让你看看你现在的表情
Hey, this is nice.
这个真不错
I think I am gonna call it the "sock 'n' roll."
我想我会叫它"摇滚袜袜"
The hell you are.
去你的吧
Damn! That's a good name.
该死 那名字真不错
Hey, Phil. Come on in.
你好 菲尔 快请进
Hey, Jerry.
你好 杰瑞
Well, look at this bachelor pad.
这单身公寓真不错啊
Yeah.
是啊
And what a fun neighborhood you live in.
附近这一带挺有意思的
H-hey, you locked up your car, right?
你锁好车了吧
- I definitely did, yeah. - Good.
-确定锁了 -很好
Hey, you want some tea?
要喝点茶吗
This is my only pot,
我只有一个锅
so it might be a little macaroni-and-cheesy.
所以可能会有点奶酪通心粉在里面
I'm good. I'm cutting carbs.
不用了 我不吃碳水化合物
So, did you, uh, get a chance to look over that offer?
你看那份报价了吗
Yeah, it's great.
是的 很不错
I can finally move into a better place,
我终于可以搬到个好一点的地方了
maybe get that colonoscopy
说不定还够钱做那个
my doctor's been pushing for.
医生强烈建议的结肠镜检查
What if I told you
要是我告诉你
there's an even better offer coming?
还有更高的报价呢
There is?
有吗
There sure might be!
当然可能会有了
Tomorrow, someone could show up and offer way more.
明天可能会有人出更高的价钱
But, Phil, this is above asking.
可是 菲尔 这已经比我的要价高了
Why don't you want me to take it?
你为什么不希望我接受它呢
Oh, just a bad feeling.
就是有种不好的感觉
Are you not telling me something?
你是不是有事瞒着我
Nope, that's just the f-- the bad feeling.
没有 就是...有种不好的感觉
Good, because you're the only one
那就好 因为现在你是我
- I can trust these days. - Damn it!
-唯一可以相信的人 -该死
These new buyers just seem like terrible people.
这家人看起来不像好人
I know it's selfish, but we just --
我知道这样很自私 但我们只是
We don't want them living next door to us.
我们不希望他们住在隔壁
No, I get it.
没关系 我明白
The guys on the other side of this wall,
隔壁那家的人
they like to get drunk and play with their nail gun.
他们喜欢喝醉酒后玩射钉枪
Oh, that's...crazy.
太疯狂了吧
Listen, Phil.
听着 菲尔
You've always been a great neighbor and a good friend.
你一直都是我的好邻居 好朋友
I think I can hold out a little longer on the offer.
我想我可以再等等
Are you sure?
你确定吗
Yeah.
是的
I think of this old pickle jar as being half full.
我是那种看到瓶子一半满着的乐观人士
Hot!
好烫
I can't have anything nice.
就没有什么好事会轮到我
Not the wall!
别站在墙边
On my honor, I promise to
我发誓 我会帮助
aid in man's quest for shelter,
有需要人士找到合适的住所
to recognize I'm not just in the business of houses --
我会记得我不仅是在做房产生意
I'm in the business of dreams in the shape of houses.
更重要的是寄托在房屋上的梦想
Hey! Careful with that!
你们小心点
It's art.
这可是艺术品
I can't believe this is happening.
真不敢相信这是真的
Who knows?
也许没那么糟
Maybe we'll end up loving 'em.
也许最后我们会爱上他们
Yeah. Maybe.
是啊 可能吧
To disclose all illegal additions,
保证不隐瞒所有违法事件
shoddy construction, murders, and ghosts...
包括豆腐渣工程 凶杀案 或是闹鬼
Are we wrong
是我们多心了
or is there some tension between the four of us?
还是我们四个之间的气氛的确有些微妙
Uh, maybe a little.
可能有点吧
Maybe a little.
可能有点
- I told ya. - Yeah.
-我说对了吧 -没错
All right. Well...
好吧 那么
We're up for it whenever you are.
我们随时恭候
Wink, wink.
你懂的
...and to put my clients' needs before my own.
把客户的利益摆在我的利益之上
And mine.
还有我的
Someone needs her bedtime hug early.
看来有人提前需要睡前抱抱了
Yep. Come here.
是啊 来吧
- Hi, Ms. Plank. - Hey, Ms. Plank.
-普兰克老师好 -普兰克老师好
经典荧屏人物 代表两种不同的女性形象玛丽安可爱亲切 小姜性感迷人
Well, well, well, if it isn't Mary Ann and Ginger.
这不是玛丽安和小姜姐妹俩嘛
That's hilarious.
真幽默
Okay. 'cause --
是啊 因为...
- Yeah. Oh. - Oh, that's funny.
-是啊 -真有趣
And while
但是
while we're laughing about things,
既然说到好笑的事了
uh, this is funny, too.
还有件事很好笑
It seems that we forgot to talk to Lily
我们之前好像没有跟莉莉谈过
before coming in to see you.
就过来找您了
And -- and she made it very clear in no uncertain terms
她的态度很明确 毫不犹豫
that she loves you,
她很喜欢您
and she wants to stay in your class.
她希望可以留在您的班上
How -- how great is that?
这多好呀是不是
I will take Lily back...
我愿意让莉莉回来
...if you are able to tell me
只要你们能回答我
the object of this sentence --
这句话的宾语[目的]是什么
Oh, gosh.
天哪
"Lily's parents were wrong about Mrs. Plank."
"莉莉的家长看错普兰克老师了"
Do you know it?
你知道是什么吗
I -- I -- I think that the object is to humiliate us?
我想 这句话的目的是要羞辱我们
Correct. See?
答对了 你们看
I can teach anybody.
什么人我都能教