摩登家庭 第三季 Modern Family Season 3 第19集: 选举日 Election Day

上映日期: 2,011

语言: 英语

影片类型: 喜剧 / 家庭

导演: 杰森·维纳

演员: 艾德·奥尼尔 / 索菲娅·维加拉 / 朱丽·鲍温 / 泰·布利尔 / 杰西·泰勒·弗格森 / 艾瑞克·斯通斯崔特 / 里德·尤因 / 萨拉·海蓝德 / 阿芮尔·温特 / 诺兰·古德 / 里克·罗德里格


台词
Councilwoman Dunphy, how do you respond
邓菲女议员 请问你如何回应
to allegations that you look super sexy in your new suit?
外界认为你身穿新套装性感非凡的观点
Uh, I haven't been elected yet.
我还没当选呢
Come on, kids! We gotta vote!
快点 孩子们 我们得去投票了
- Honey, come on. Please stop filming. - I'm just excited!
-亲爱的 拜托你别拍了 -人家太兴奋了嘛
After today, you are going to be a councilwoman,
从今以后 你就是个女议员了
and I am going to be a first husband.
而我则会成为第一丈夫
And if you don't stop filming,
你要是再不停拍
you're going to be my first husband.
你就将成为我的前一任丈夫了
All right, everybody, come on!
好了 大伙儿都赶紧的
Do you know what you're doing, kids?
你们记住自己的职责了吗 孩子们
You guys are manning the phone banks.
你们几个负责电话银行[电话联络选民拉票]
Alex, you're in charge of that.
艾丽克斯 你是他们的头儿
Wh-why is she in charge? And what's--what's a phone bank?
凭什么该她当头儿啊 什么是电话银行啊
That's why.
这就是原因
- Phil. - I got it.
-菲尔 -我知道
I will be driving 50 of our finest senior citizens to the polls,
我负责接送50名十佳老人去投票站
assuming, of course, that they remember that I'm coming for them.
当然 前提是 他们还能记得这件事
- Where you at? - High-five.
-"你这是在哪儿呀" -说得好
Old people occasionally forget things.
老年人就爱忘事
Okay. All right, everybody, let's go. Let's go.
好了 各位 我们出发吧 出发吧
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait! Real quick!
等等等等等等 马上就好
Sorry. Everybody get in there. Jump in there.
抱歉 大家都围过来 快点
I just want to say how proud of you we all are.
我要说的是 我们为你倍感骄傲
You're an inspiration.
你就是鼓舞人心的榜样
Who would have thought that 20 years ago
谁能想到20年前
when you were still in the bloom of your youth--
当你正值青春大好年华时
Okay, I'm gonna go start the car.
够了 我要去开车了
Claire likes to win.
克莱尔喜欢争强好胜
When she was 8, a little girl scout friend of hers
她8岁时 一个参加女童子军的朋友
bragged she could sell the most cookies.
吹嘘自己能卖出最多的饼干
Damn if Claire didn't walk the neighborhood
结果克莱尔挨家挨户推销
till she got blisters on her feet and won by ten boxes.
走到脚板起泡 比她多卖了10盒饼干
Best part is
最精彩之处是
Claire wasn't even a girl scout.
克莱尔甚至都不是女童子军
The choice is Claire!
克莱尔 您的用心之选
Vote Claire Dunphy for town council.
镇议员选举 请投克莱尔·邓菲一票
Aw, I love it!
爱死这个了
- What do you think, huh? - I love it.
-怎么样 -我太喜欢了
We got it on Craigslist.
我们从克莱格分类广告网站上买的
Came off a taco truck.
原本是小贩吆喝玉米饼的
- It did. - I love that you're doing this for me.
-真的 -我很感激你们为我做的一切
- Thank you! - You're welcome.
-多谢了 -没事
I know how important winning is to Claire.
我知道克莱尔把输赢看得有多重要
And I love to festoon things.
而我又喜欢装饰打扮
We're her dream team.
我们就是她的梦之队
So we cleared the whole day, dropped Lily off at school,
所以我们专门腾出今天 送莉莉去学校后
and voted first thing.
马上就去投票了
Although, uh, one of us had a bit of a dimpled chad situation.
尽管某人"基"情爆发 难以自控
Can you tell me how this machine works again, Chad?
能请你再演示一次如何使用这机器吗 基德
Oh, sure. No problem.
当然 没问题
Just wanna look in here. Just--
我就看一眼 就看一眼
家 庭
摩 登
第三季第十九集
Thank you. Thank you.
谢了 谢了
- Bye! Bye!- Thank you, guys!
-再见 再见 -有劳了各位
I can see Clairely now that Duane is gone.
我"克"以肯定杜恩输定了
Bye! Thank you! Oh, my gosh.
再见 谢了 我的妈呀
Okay, everybody, get in the car. Let's go. Let's go.
行了 大伙儿快上车 出发 出发
Good luck today, Claire.
祝你好运 克莱尔
Oh, Laurie, thank you.
劳莉 谢谢你
Hey, by the way, we have some really good news.
随带一提 我们家有天大的好消息
- What's that? - Becky got into the University of Oregon.
-怎么了 -贝琦被俄勒冈州大学录取了
Oh, congratulations!
恭喜了
Any news, Haley?
你有什么消息吗 海莉
Uh, uh, no, not-- not yet,
暂 暂时还 还没有
but, you know, super psyched!
不过 真为你感到开心呢
This whole waiting-to-hear thing has been a nightmare
等待录取的过程就如同一场噩梦
since the very first letter.
从收到第一封回信就开始了
I'm too nervous. I can't do it.
我太紧张了 我不敢看
"Dear miss Dunphy,
亲爱的邓菲小姐
we regret to inform you..."
我们抱歉地通知你
What?! Don't leave me hanging!
然后呢 别吊我胃口啊
After that, I decided to only tell my parents good news.
从那以后 我决定只把好消息带回家
I have one school left,
就只剩一所学校没回信了
and the only good news I've gotten
而我唯一收到的好消息
is that my annoying neighbor Becky
就是我那烦死人的邻居贝琦
is moving back east to Oregon.
要搬去俄勒冈了
- Manny, write this down. - I didn't bring a pen.
-曼尼 拿笔记下来 -我身上没带笔
Election day is America at its finest.
选举日就是美国最辉煌的时刻
The people speak, and the government listens.
人民当家做主 政府俯首听命
I don't know what they do in Colombia.
我不知道你们哥伦比亚是怎么运作的
No one does, and don't ask.
鬼才晓得 别问了
I mean, we know that voting's a privilege,
虽说投票本身就是一项特权
but for my daughter to have her name on that ballot,
可当选票上出现我女儿的名字时
it just means so much more--
意义就特别重大了
You know what? I think I'm gonna vote later.
算了 我还是晚点再投票吧
What? Where are you going?
为什么 你要去哪里啊
Ah, the line is too long.
队伍排太长了
It's only three people! And nobody has a gun!
就3个人而已 而且又没人带枪
We're here, we're Claire,
我们在这里 我叫克莱尔
We are here, we are queer]
[改编自同志口号
get used to it!
接受这个事实吧
You know, I'm not sure if that's tracking.
我不确定那口号能让人记得住
Here, let me try one.
来 让我试一试
You don't have to be Clairevoyant to know who to vote for.
无需千里眼 也"克"看"出莱"该选谁
Vote Dunphy for town council.
镇议员选举 请投邓菲一票
Uh, uh, uh, Claire Dunphy.
是克莱尔·邓菲
Uh, C-Caire's her first name.
她名叫克莱尔
I'm sorry if that wasn't Claire.
抱歉我说得不太清"克"[楚]
Oh, my God. Look at that. There's a trash can right there,
我的天 你看 明明眼前就是垃圾桶
and that guy just threw his paper on the sidewalk.
那男的还随手乱丢废纸
Hey! You in the yellow jacket.
喂 穿黄夹克的那个
Pick it up and put it in the trash.
捡起来 丢进垃圾桶里
- Oh, my God. He did it. - Yes, he did.
-我的妈呀 他还真照做了 -是的
Ooh, here. Let me try one.I'll try...
来 让我试一下
Hey, dragon tattoo, no jaywalking!
喂 龙纹身的女孩 不要随意乱穿马路
oh, my gosh.
亲娘啊
This is an instrument of power.
小喇叭真有威力
How could they not sell tacos?
用来卖玉米饼怎么就不畅销呢
You know what we could do with this thing?
你知道我们可以怎样利用这玩意吗
Cam, we could really make a difference.
小卡 我们绝对可以造福社会啊
We could be the voice of change.
我们可以化身为"改变之声"
Ooh, I got it!
我懂了
Let's go yell at the dry cleaner that lost my shirt.
立刻去那家弄丢我衬衫的干洗店吼吼看
Come on, gang.
快过来 伙伴
Today is the Dunphys at their best.
今天邓菲一家要全力出击
I'm from the "Weekly Saver." Mind if I ask you
我是《每周救星》报的记者 介意我
- a couple questions about the big election? - Not at all.
-问几个有关选举的问题吗 -随便问
Fire away.
向我开炮吧
Who are you voting for today?
你今天会投谁一票呢
Claire Dunphy.
克莱尔·邓菲
Finally. I've been waiting for someone to say that name.
总算听到有人提这名字了
Why?
为什么
Uh... Because I am Claire Dunphy.
因为在下就是克莱尔·邓菲
Oh, sorry. They moved me over from ad sales.
抱歉 我是从广告营销部调过来的
We take turns reporting.
我们轮流报道新闻
How do you feel about your chances today?
你对于今天的胜算有多大把握
Not as good as I did a few minutes ago.
比我几分钟之前预想的要差了很多
No, she feels great.
不 她信心满满
Um, her spirits are high. The whole family's high.
志在必得 全家人都志在必得
- There's your headline. - Phil, no.
-拿去编头条新闻吧 -菲尔 别
Uh, how about a photo of all of you?
来张全家福怎么样
- Yeah. Sure. Yes. - Mom, mom, mom. Tag.
-当然没问题 -妈妈 标签
- Tag's still on. - Oh, my Goodness.
-衣服标签还在呢 -我的天
Thank you.
谢了
That would have been a really awkward picture. Okay.
不然拍照可就尴尬了 好
No!
天啊
What is that?
那是什么啊
Is that a tooth?
是牙齿吗
- Ew! - Awesome!
-好恶 -太强悍了
How old are you? No!
你都多大了
- Do it again! - How does that even happen?
-再来一次 -怎么会这样啊
It's a-a fake tooth from an old ice-skating injury.
以前溜冰时摔的 就装了颗假牙
- It just fell out. - Oh, my gosh. Why today?!
-现在松脱了 -天呐 干嘛非得是今天啊
- What about the... - Let's not overreact.
-怎么办啊 -别大惊小怪
- Let's--let me see it. - Okay. All right.
-让我看看 -好吧 好
Got it. Thanks.
拍好了 谢谢
What happened back there?
你刚刚怎么了
Line was too long. I couldn't wait.
太多人排队 我懒得等
I've seen you wait 45 minutes in line for sherbet!
你买冰沙还等过45分钟呢
Well, I happen to like sherbet, okay?
那是因为我喜欢吃冰沙 行吗
That place I take you
我带你去的那地方
has the greatest sherbet on the west coast.
有全西海岸最好吃的冰沙
They got lime sherbet, they got coconut sherbet.
他们有柠檬冰沙 椰子冰沙
Why are we talking about sherbet?
怎么聊到冰沙去了
He's clearly changing the subject.
他明显是在转移话题
Why aren't you in school?
你怎么没上学啊
He's doing it again.
他又转移话题了
Manny's right. You're being very ardilla.
曼尼说得对 你就像只"阿迪亚"
- "Ardilla"? - Yeah, you know, the--
-"阿迪亚" -没错 就是那种
The one that--that--
就是那什么
- Rabbit? I was being rabbit-y? - No, another one
-兔子吗 我像兔子吗 -不 不是
- With the cheeks and the tail and... - Chipmunk?
-是大脸蛋 大尾巴的 -花栗鼠吗
- Possum? -Okay, obviously she means squirrel.
-负鼠吗 -她说的明显是松鼠
You were being squirrely then,
你之前"古怪如松鼠"
- You're being squirrely now. - Better than being a rat.
-现在也是"古怪如松鼠" -总比像老鼠好
Manny, give us a minute.
曼尼 让我和他谈谈
Oh, sure. I served him up on a silver platter.
当然好 我毫不费力就戳穿了他
What?
怎么了
All right, it's no big deal.
好吧 没什么大不了的
There was a woman working there.
有个女人在那儿工作
I didn't want her to see me.
我不想让她见到我
- Who is she? - Her name is Dottie.
-她是谁 -她叫多蒂
She's the first woman I dated after my divorce.
她是我离婚后的第一任女友
You dated a Dottie after Dede?
你跟迪迪离婚后勾搭上了多蒂
Y-you're focusing on the wrong thing here.
你搞错重点了
The--the point is it ended badly.
重点是 我和她不是好聚好散的
I tried to let her down easy, but, uh,
我试图和平分手 可是
she didn't take it too well.
她没能坦然接受
Actually, I don't know how she took it,
其实 我也不知道她是怎么接受的
'cause I wasn't there.
因为我没看见
We dated a few weeks, then after we... You know,
我们恩爱了几周 然后就 你懂的
I slipped out of her house before she woke up
我趁她没醒 从她家偷偷溜了
and never called her again.
再也没联系过她
Put my pants on in her yard, put the car in neutral,
在她家院子里穿的裤子 把汽车挂的空挡
let it roll down the driveway, lights off.
使之缓缓驶出车道 车灯都没敢打开
Hey, I can't talk about this anymore.
哎呀 可耻历史我说不下去了
So because of this woman,
所以就因为那个女人
you didn't vote for your daughter?
你没给你女儿投票
It's Claire! We need her to win!
那是克莱尔啊 我们要让她赢
I don't want to be around when something that tight comes unraveled.
我可不希望她肺都气炸掉 把怒火都撒在我们头上
I'll figure out something.
我会想办法的
Maybe those poll workers take shifts.
也许工作人员是轮班的
Stop hiding in your little cave like a--
别胆小地躲在自己的窝里
Like, you know. Like the-- the--the--
像那啥一样 那什么...
- I really don't wanna do this again. - No, the--
-别再让我猜了 -不是
No. No. The big one, like, uh, the monster furry one.
不不不 那种大家伙 浑身长毛的
Ay, why can't I remember any animal names?
唉 我怎么老是记不住动物名字
Climb aboard the Dunphy Express.
欢迎乘坐邓菲快车
Next stop--democracy.
下一站——民主
- Well--no, no... - Please don't go.
-别 别 -请留步
I won't do that anymore. I promise.
我保证 不再开玩笑了
Oh. Uh, we need to make a quick stop.
对了 我们半路停一下
I gotta pick up my new glasses.
我要取我的新眼镜
No can do. I, uh...
不行啊 我...
I got a lot of people waitin', so...
还有很多人等着我呢
It'll just take two minutes.
就两分钟而已
I can't even see the ballot without my glasses.
没有眼镜 我连选票都看不清
I mark the wrong box,
我要是投错了票
next thing you know I'll be married to a guy.
新一届议会就会叫我和男人结婚了
Yeah, I-- I don't think it's mandatory, Walt.
允许同性婚姻 不代表强制同性结婚 沃特
I'm a good dancer. They'll come for me.
我跳舞风度翩翩 基佬们不会放过我的
Oh, yeah.
必须的
They will break all your buttons...
他们会把你的衣服扣子弄坏
and say you brought it in that way.
然后说你们送来时就是这样
Okay, go, go, go!
好 快跑 快跑
Turns out we had a lot of axes to grind.
世间不平事太多 正好趁机泄私愤
And a hybrid, so there was virtually no stopping us.
而且装备齐全 所以我俩就玩个不停了
Do not see that movie!
别看那电影
You will neither laugh nor cry!
那电影会让你哭笑不得
"Best pizza in the city"?
"全市最棒披萨"
Not even the best pizza on this street.
其实连"全街最棒"都算不上
They do not do the hair of the people on those pictures!
宣传照上的发型根本不是在这家店做的
"Totally free checking"?
"完全免费检查"
Don't bank on it!
别做梦了
Okay, that was really fun,
好了 刚刚很好玩
But now we gotta go back to campaigning for Claire.
但我们得回去帮克莱尔拉票了
We've been saying that for two hours.
这话我们说了两小时了
Yes, but now I-I really mean it.
没错 但现在我是说真的
- Oh, my god, there's Sandy! - Sandra Bullock?
-天呐 那是桑迪 -桑德拉·布洛克吗[名演员]
Yeah, Sandra Bullock.
是啊 桑德拉·布洛克
We're such good friends, I call her "Sandy," So...
我和她是好朋友 所以我叫她桑迪
No, Sandy who works at Lily's preschool.
逗你的 是莉莉幼儿园的桑迪啦
- Right there. - Oh, yeah.
-她在那儿 -哦 对
- You know, she got engaged. - No!
-你知道吗 她订婚了 -不是吧
- To the gay boyfriend? - Totally.
-跟她那基佬男友吗 -是啊
Oh, how does she not see it?
不是吧 她怎么没看出来啊
If I was with somebody that gorgeous,
要是我男朋友也那么帅
I'd overlook a few quirks, too.
我也不会在乎他的"口味"了
First of all, thank you.
首先 谢谢夸奖
Second of all...
其次
point well taken.
说得太有道理了
I don't know. Poor Sandy. I feel so bad for her.
唉 可怜的桑迪啊 真替她伤心
- Well, it's better than being alone. - Is it?
-还不如单身一人呢 -是吗
She's looking over here.
她看过来了
- Oh, my god. - Mitchell, you're sitting on the button.
-我的天呐 -米奇尔 你坐到按钮了
What? No--no, I'm not. No, I'm not!
什么 我没有 没坐到
The--it's stuck!
它卡住了
And you're the one that had it last
最后一次是你用的
- when you were talking to the cheese shop! - Because you know what?
-你用它向奶酪店喊话 -因为啊
If you advertise truffle cheese,
如果你要推销松露奶酪
- there are certain expectations... - Hi, Sandy.
-就要抓住顾客的期望 -你好啊 桑迪
Yeah, I'm calling on behalf of Claire Dunphy.
我代表克莱尔·邓菲致电给您
- What a beautiful name. - She used to be a citizen.
-多美的名字啊 -她曾是普通百姓
I'm calling on behalf of Claire Dunphy for town council.
我代表镇议会候选人克莱尔·邓菲致电给您
All right. How about this?
好 要不这样吧
if you vote for Claire Dunphy...
如果你投票给克莱尔·邓菲
You won't have to pay taxes for the rest of your life.
你这辈子都不用交税了
Vote for Claire!
投克莱尔一票
Luke! What are you doing?
卢克 你这是干嘛
You can't say that!
你不能这么说
Oh, like she'd be the first politician
政客都是这样的
to make a promise she can't keep.
竞选承诺向来不用兑现
Well, maybe I don't want to talk to you, either.
是吗 也许我也不想跟你说话
Maybe you are the one that is bothering me!
也许是你在烦我
How do you like that? Eh?
你觉得好受不
Gloria, I'm gonna have to ask you again
歌洛莉亚 我得再次提醒你
to please stick to your script.
请照着稿子读
But everybody's saying no to me!
可是每个人都拒绝我
I don't get it.
我搞不懂
Usually when I ask someone to do something,
平时我叫别人干嘛
they just do it!
别人就干嘛
Maybe it's because these people can't see you.
也许因为那些人通过电话无法看到你的美貌
I don't like it.
我不喜欢
Can't you just hook me up to some sort of camera?
你不能给我弄个视频电话吗
Well, thank you, Maggie, for the vote.
谢谢你 麦琪 谢谢支持
Okay. Bye-bye.
好的 再见
Here's your seat.
请坐在这儿
Thank you. Um, you'll have to excuse me.
谢谢 请原谅
I'm a little nervous. I've never been on the radio before.
我有点儿紧张 我从没上过电台
Don't worry about it.
别担心
- Just think of it as a conversation. - Okay.
-就当是聊天好了 -好的
Here are your headphones. Volume control.
这是耳机 音量控制
- Don't get too far from the mike. - Okay.
-别离麦克风太远 -好的
Make sure your cell phone's off.
请确认手机关闭
Oh. Cell phone. Right. Um...
哦 关掉手机 对...
And you're not chewing gum, are you?
确认下你没在嚼口香糖 对吧
No, I'm not. I just had some temporary
没 我没在 只是刚做了些临时性的
dental work done.
牙科类小手术
The last thing I need--
最后我只需要...
And welcome back to "A matter of record."
欢迎回到《时事记录》
I'm Cecil Van Gundy.
我是希瑟·范·甘迪
Joining us now in studio is district 43
今天来到演播室的是来自43区的
town council candidate Claire Dunphy.
镇议会候选人克莱尔·邓菲
Thank you, Cecil.
谢谢 希瑟
It's a pleasure to be here.
很高兴能参加这个节目
So... You're a first-time candidate.
那么...你本次是首次参选
Tell us what got you involved.
跟大家说说你是怎么有这个念头的
It all started with a, um...
一切都始于一个...
With a stop sign.
一个停车标志
I was concerned about safety in our neighbourhood
我忧心于我家周围的街道安全
and I was not getting any satisfaction from city hall.
并且我没有从市政厅得到满意的答复
What's wrong with mom?
老妈是抽什么风了
Oh, this isn't good.
哦 这下可不妙
She sounds drunk!
她听起来跟醉了一样
That's not her drunk voice.
你是没听过她喝醉后的声音
Tell us about some of the other issues facing our town.
再说说咱们镇上存在的其他问题吧
Where do you stand on the city's
你对本市针对污水和可持续发展的
sewage and sustainability initiative,
倡议提案持什么样的观点
the so-called S.S.I.?
就是所谓的"污持案"
One cannot really talk about
如果我们要讨论
s-s-sewage and sustainability
"淤"...淤水和可持续发展的问题
without first discussing... recycling.
就不得不先探讨...循环利用的问题
This city can do more...
政府方面可以做得更多...
- What the hell's wrong with her? - with the recycling program...
-她是想闹哪样 -针对循环利用问题
She sounds drunk!
跟喝醉了一样
- ...currently... - It's a tooth thing.
-当前... -都是牙给闹的
What's wrong?
怎么了
Oh, I'm almost out of air. Oh, boy.
氧气快吸完了 天啊
Is that serious?
那很要紧吗
Is oxygen serious?
你觉得氧气要紧吗
You know what? I lost a ton of time getting your glasses.
说实话 帮你取眼镜耽误了我大把时间
I'm just gonna drop you at home.
我还是把你丢家里吧
You can get your air. I can drive other people.
你能好好吸氧 我也好去接其他人
I don't have any more tanks at home.
我家里没有多余的氧气瓶了
Why? That seems like bad planning.
怎么会 你要学会未雨绸缪啊
Well, I forgot to order them.
我忘记再多订点了
My pills make me forget things.
服的药总让我很健忘
Oh, shoot! I gotta take my pill!
哦 靠 我该吃药了
Please tell me you have it with you.
你别告诉我你药也忘带了
Of course I do, but I have to take 'em with food.
当然带着了 但我必须和食物一起服下
- Don't I? - Are you asking me?
-是的吧? -你问我我问谁去
Uh, yes! I do take them with food!
对的 我就是和食物一起服下的
Ooh. I don't feel so well.
哦 我感觉不大好
Okay, I'll get you whatever you want!
好的 你要什么我都给你弄来
I'll get you the air, I'll get you the food.
给你去搞氧气 给你去搞食物
Then I'll vote for your drunk wife.
然后我去给你的醉媳妇儿投上一票
That is not her drunk voice!
那可不是她酒醉的声音
Thank you so much for voting.
非常感谢你参与投票
We appreciate it.
非常感激
Hi. I'm terribly sorry. Excuse me. Jay Pritchett.
嗨非常抱歉打扰下 我是杰·普里契特
Uh, can I get in-- in and out really quick?
能不能让我速战速决
Thank you. This is all I needed.
谢谢 给张选票就成
Thank you very much. Thank you very much.
非常感谢 非常感谢
All right. Claire, Claire, Claire.
好的 克莱尔 克莱尔 克莱尔
Claire, Claire-- ahh, ahh. Here.
克莱尔 克莱尔 在这里
I'm sorry! I'm sorry, I'm sorry!
抱歉 抱歉 抱歉
Hello, Dottie!
好啊 多蒂
Jay! It's so nice to see you!
杰 见到你可真开心
- Is it? - Oh, why wouldn't it be?
-是吗 -哦 为什么不开心
That was a long time ago. Water under the bridge.
都是陈年旧事 过眼云烟了
- We're good. - Oh, that's great.
-没关系的 -哦 那就好
Thank you so much for voting.
非常感谢你参加投票
You remember my daughter Claire. She's--
还记得我女儿克莱尔吗 她现在...
She's running for town council.
正在参选镇议会议员
- Oh, isn't that neat? - Yeah, I'm so proud.
-哦 真是不错啊 -我真为她骄傲
So you're gonna put it in there, huh?
你该把选票放进去吧
Oh, yeah, of course. Yeah. Definitely.
是啊当然 当然要放进去
cause every vote counts, you know.
每一票都很重要 是吧
Thank you so much for voting.
非常感谢你能参与投票
- You know... - Yeah.
-我说... -是啊
Boy, I'd sure like to see the sweet sight
天啊 我要亲眼看到我这宝贵的
of my vote... counting.
一票...计算在内
Why would I say I'd do something and not do it?
我为什么要许诺某事却不履行呢
That would make me a liar...
我这不就成了个骗子了嘛
instead of a trusting widow
我只是个容易轻信别人的寡妇
Who fell asleep in the warm embrace
曾经睡倒在一个男人温暖的怀抱中
of a man who promised to make breakfast.
他可答应我 要给我做早餐呢
Okay, here it is.
很好 该来的躲不掉
Look, I am so sorry.
听着 我十分抱歉
You were the first woman I'd been with besides my ex--
和前妻离婚后你是我遇到的第一个女人
35 years.
35年的婚姻
I panicked.
我慌了手脚
An-and it wasn't 'cause y-you weren't pretty naked
我倒不是说你脱光了就不漂亮
or anything like that.
或者类似的什么原因
I'd have run from Angie Dickinson.
我要躲着安琪·迪金森啊
- Oh, lucky her. - Dottie--
-哦 她可真幸运 -多蒂
- Good-bye, Jay! - Dottie, Dottie, please.
-回见 杰 -多蒂 多蒂 拜托
I'm just trying to get my ballot in the box.
我就是想把我的票塞进"洞"
oh, yeah, that sounds familiar.
果然还是老样子
Yeah, but you don't have to do anything.
恩 都不用麻烦你做什么
Just let me put it in!
让我自己把它"插进去"
Uhh. Shouldn't have said that.
我这话听起来真别扭
We are so sorry.
我们实在太对不起了
We did not mean for you to hear any of that.
我们不是故意让你听到那些话的
Yes, and you know what?
对 其实
We shouldn't have been gossiping in the first place.
我们一开始就不该八卦你的
But what if you're right?
万一你们是对的呢
What if Gregory is gay?
格雷戈里就是个同性恋怎么办
When my mom said it, I didn't believe her.
我妈跟我说过 我没敢信她
She lives in Iowa.
毕竟她住在爱荷华[允许同性婚姻]
But coming from you two!
不过要是你们也这么认为
- Means nothing. - No.
-完全证明不了什么 -对
We barely know your fiance.
我们对你的未婚夫一无所知
- If he says he's straight, he's straight. - Mm. Straight.
-他说自己是直男 他就是 -直男
We're getting married in a month.
我们下个月就要结婚了
People are flying in.
人们都往这儿赶来了
He signed us up for dance classes.
他为我俩报了舞蹈课
Oh, my god!
哦 天啊
No. No, no, no. Hey.
别 不要这样 嘿
- This is what gays do. - Yeah.
-基佬就爱这样 -对
- We gossip. - We gossip a lot.
-喜欢聊八卦 -大聊特聊
He gossips!
他也爱八卦
No. No. You're missing the point, okay?
不是的 你没理解我的意思
We see a great-looking guy like Gregory,
每当我们看到像格雷戈里那样的美男子
and we say he's gay because we want him to be gay!
就会说他是基佬 因为我们希望他是
- Really? Really? Are you sure? - Yes. Yes.
-是吗 你们确定吗 -是这样的
Absolutely. Look at what we do with movie stars.
就是这样 见过我们怎么对待影星吗
Okay.
You know? Hugh Jackman-- he sings, he dances,
知道吗 休·杰克曼 他又会唱又会跳
He's dreamy!
真是梦中情人
So obviously we would want him on our team!
很明显我们特想他与我们站在"同"一战线
- Yeah. - But he's straight.
-对 -但他就是个直男
Trust me, I know.
相信我 我很清楚的
I said hello to him once in a restaurant,
有一次我在餐厅里跟他打招呼
and there was absolutely no chemistry.
那一刻我嗅不到丝毫的基情
Well, if that isn't proof...
是啊 说到这份儿上你要还不信...
Three weeks later, Sandy and Gregory got married,
三个星期后 桑迪和格雷戈里结了婚
and everyone said the wedding was beautiful.
每个人都说那婚礼美极了
Gregory did the flowers....
那些花可都是格雷戈里布置的
Which is perfectly normal for a straight guy.
对于一个直男来说 其实一点都"不奇怪"
The Greeks do one thing right, and it's lamb!
希腊人就一件事做得靠谱 就这羊肉
All right. Let's go vote.
好了 咱赶紧去投票吧
Why the hell does your wife want to be a politician, anyway?
你家媳妇儿哪根经搭错了非要跑去当政客
You heard her. She wanted to put up
她不刚说过 她就想在布雷斯托街和
a stop sign at Bristol and Greenleaf,
绿叶街那儿放块停车标志
But then she ran into--
然后她遇到...
Wait, wait, wait!
等等 慢着
That's near where I live!
我住的地方就离那不远
Yeah. We're neighbors. Let's go!
对啊 我们是邻居呢 走吧
No way I'm voting for that!
我才不会给这事投票呢
Too much government already.
政府已经管得太宽了
I didn't fight a war so some politician
我去打仗可不是为了让政客来告诉我
could tell me where I have to stop my car.
我该在哪个地方停车
You don't even drive!
你根本就不开车
That's 'cause that Barack Obama took my license away.
那是因为奥巴马那家伙把我驾照吊销了
I don't think he was involved in the decision!
我可不觉得那事跟他有关
I left the house today to get 50 votes for my wife.
我今天出门是要给我老婆拉到50票的
I'm not going home with zero.
我才不要一票都没有就回家
The least you can do is walk right in there
你至少能帮帮忙 走进去
and punch a hole for the woman
替我家媳妇投上一票
who drags your garbage can up your driveway every Tuesday!
她每周二都帮你把垃圾桶推上车道啊
I don't like it! Goes against everything I believe in.
我不喜欢 那跟我的全部信仰都背道而驰
Really? A stop sign?!
是吗 就一个停车标志
But I'll do it, 'cause you're a good kid.
不过我会去的 因为你是个好孩子
And I had a nice day...
我今天原本过得也还不错
till you started yelling at me.
直到你冲我吼了起来
So sorry. Thank you.
十分抱歉 谢谢你了
Here you go.
走吧
You know, my wife was an alcoholic, too.
告诉你 我老婆以前也是个酒鬼
Okay. Let's just go vote.
好吧 投个票而已
That's veteran political reporter
那是老兵政治记者
Walter Shapiro.
沃特·夏皮洛
Hi, everyone!
大家好啊
- Any news? - Not yet, not yet,
-有什么新闻吗 -还没 还没
But even if I lose, at least now I know
不过即使我输了 至少我知道
I have a future in radio.
我在播音界还是有点前途的
I couldn't. People need to see me.
我就不行 人得要看见我的脸才行
Before we get the results, I just want to thank you all
在拿到结果之前 我想要感谢你们大家
for everything you've done for me.
感谢你们为我做的所有事
Mitch and Cam, for campaigning for me all day
米奇和小卡 谢谢你们一整天
in your little Claire-mobile.
开着你们的"克莱尔号"为我竞选
- It's the least we could do. - Yeah.
-那是我们至少可以做到的 -对
Literally.
是真的"少"
We probably did more for Hugh Jackman's career
我们为休·杰克曼的电影做的宣传
than we did for Claire's.
可能都比为克莱尔做的多
And, Manny and Gloria,
还有曼尼和歌洛莉亚
thank you for making all those phone calls.
谢谢你们打了那么多电话
And, dad...
还有 爸爸
for all your support.
谢谢你的支持
I don't think I convinced anyone to vote for Claire.
我觉得我没有说服一个人为克莱尔投票
I don't think I even voted.
我自己好像都没投上票
And my husband...
还有我老公
who drove around
四处开车
I don't know how many senior citizens today to the polls.
送了不知道多少位老人去投票
One.
一位
And my beautiful children,
还有我可爱的孩子们
whose faith has given me the confidence
是你们的信念让我有信心
to believe that I can do this.
相信我可以做到
I can--oh.
我可以
- Somebody else answer it. I lost. - Mom. Mom.
-谁来接 我输了 -妈妈 妈妈
- I can feel it. I-- - Mom.
-我可以感觉得到 -妈妈
You can do it. Mom. Answer the phone.
你可以的 妈妈 接电话吧
Hello?
你好
This is she.
我就是
Thanks so much for calling.
谢谢你打电话通知我
Bye-bye.
再见
I have some bad news.
有个坏消息
Because someone's gonna be busy now that she's a councilwoman?
因为你当上议员要变忙了吗
No, no, I wasn't doing that fake thing.
不 我没有在跟你们开玩笑
- I really lost. I lost. - Ay, no.
-我真输了 我输了 -不是吧
I'm so sorry. But you know what?
真遗憾 不过 你知道吗
We are still just so proud of you.
我们都还是非常为你骄傲
恭喜 克莱尔
哀悼 克莱尔
Yeah! I-- I don't know about you,
我不知道你们怎么想的
But, um... I could use a glass of wine.
反正 我要喝一杯酒
Ohh. Now you're gonna hear her drunk voice.
现在你们能听到她喝醉的嗓音了
Mom?
妈妈
You okay?
你还好吧
Yes. Fine. I'm good.
是的 好着呢
I'm fine. I'm not fine. I wanted to win,
我很好 我不好 我是想赢的
And... and I'm so embarrassed.
然后 我现在很尴尬
I mean, everybody out here worked so hard for me,
外边所有人都为我而努力
and they believed in me,
都信任我
and I let 'em down.
而我让他们失望了
Oh, honey.
亲爱的
Oh, sweetheart.
乖女儿
Well, don't cry. I'm gonna be fine, sweetie.
别哭啊 我会没事的
Really, I am.
真的 我会没事的
Just knowing you care so much makes me feel better.
知道你这么在乎 我就已经好多了
No, I got four rejection letters
不是 我收到4封拒信
I never told you guys about.
一直没告诉你们
What?
什么
I got rejected from U.C.S.B., Oregon, Wisconsin...
加州圣巴巴拉分校 俄勒冈 威斯康辛
- Oh, no. - And Northwestern.
-不是吧 -还有西北大学的
Well, we were overshooting on that one.
那一个我们是有点高攀了
What about, uh...
那那个
It came today. My last chance.
今天收到的 最后的机会了
I'm too scared to open it.
我不敢打开
Whatever it says in there,
无论它怎么说
your father and I are crazy proud of you.
你爹和我都超级为你自豪
Okay?
好吗
I did start trying this year.
我今年真的有开始努力
I know you did. You did.
我知道的 你努力了
You have nothing to be ashamed of.
没有什么好羞耻的
Neither do you.
你也一样
It's a little bit different.
还是有点不一样的
No, it's exactly the same.
不 其实完全一样
Except you tried really hard the whole time,
不同的是 你一直都很努力
not just at the end.
而不是临时抱佛脚
You're right.
你说的对
It is the same.
是一样的
We have nothing to be ashamed of...
我们没什么可感到羞耻的
So let's open that together.
一起把它打开吧
Yeah, open it.
对 打开吧
What? No! What are you doing here?
什么 不行 你们在这儿干吗
No. Come on, haley. We believe in you.
来嘛海莉 我们都相信你
Do it!
开封吧
You can always work for me.
实在没学校要 就来给我打工
Come on. You can do it. You can do this.
来吧 你可以的 你可以的
- Come on, Haley. - All right.
-来吧海莉 -好吧
Open. Open, open, open.
打开 打开 打开 打开
"Dear Miss Dunphy,
亲爱的邓菲小姐
We regret to inform you..."
我们很遗憾地通知你
Oh, honey.
宝贝儿
"While we cannot offer you admission at this time,
虽然我们现在不能给你入学通知
"You are a promising candidate, and therefore
但你是很棒的候选人 因此
We would like to place you on our wait list!"
我们很乐意将你放在候选名单中
Oh, my god, I got wait-listed!
我的天 我进候选名单了
We will take it!
我们收下了
Yeah!
太好了
Congratulations! Congratulations!
恭喜啊 恭喜啊
Our daughter might be going to college!
我们女儿可能要去上大学了
Phil, look.
菲尔 看
A stop sign.
一个停车牌
It's addressed to you.
写着你收
"Dear Claire, I won. You lost.
亲爱的克莱尔 我赢了 你输了
"Here's your stupid stop sign.
收下你傻兮兮的停车标志
"Next time you think about bothering me,
下次要想来烦扰我
"Please take its advice.
请也"停止"吧
Your councilman, the honorable Duane Bailey."
议员 可敬的杜恩·贝利敬上
Honey, you did it!
亲爱的 你做到了
I did it.
我做到了
I made our neighborhood a little bit safer.
我让邻里变得更安全了
I may have even saved life.
我搞不好已经救了人命了
You idiot, there's stop sign! Can't you read?
你个傻缺 有停车标志呢 你不识字吗
we need speed bumps.
我们需要减速带
No, no. No! Honey!
不不 不行 亲爱的