摩登家庭 第三季 Modern Family Season 3 第20集: The Last Walt

上映日期: 2,011

语言: 英语

影片类型: 喜剧 / 家庭

导演: 杰森·维纳

演员: 艾德·奥尼尔 / 索菲娅·维加拉 / 朱丽·鲍温 / 泰·布利尔 / 杰西·泰勒·弗格森 / 艾瑞克·斯通斯崔特 / 里德·尤因 / 萨拉·海蓝德 / 阿芮尔·温特 / 诺兰·古德 / 里克·罗德里格


台词
We have to tell him.
我们必须告诉他
I hope he's okay.
希望他没事
Walt, our elderly next door neighbor, died.
沃特 我们隔壁的老邻居 过世了
He and Luke were pretty close,
他和卢克非常亲近
so we have to tell him.
所以我们必须得告诉他
I'm a little nervous about it.
我对此有点小紧张
I think we should break it to him slowly.
我想我们应该循序渐进地告诉他
Like how?
比如
Well, first we'd say,
第一天我们就说
"Luke, your friend Walt has a cold.
卢克 你的朋友沃特得了感冒
You shouldn't go over there."
你就别去他家了
Next day--"Bad news. Walt's in the hospital,
第二天就说 不好了 沃特进了医院
but he's still cracking jokes with the nurses."
不过他还能和护士们谈笑风生
Next day--"They're trying
第三天 他们正尝试使用
an experimental drug.
一种尚在试验阶段的新药
Fingers crossed."
但愿他没事
Next day--"His body rebelled.
第四天 他产生了排斥反应
He's in a coma."
陷入了昏迷
Next day--he rallies, next day--coma,
第五天 他醒了 第六天 又昏了
Next day--coma,
第七天 仍然昏
next day--coma,
第八天 继续昏
next day--eye flutter--
第九天 眼皮轻颤
Stop. Just stop. Stop.
打住 打住 别说了
Oh, Luke, we have some bad news for you.
卢克 我们不得不告诉你一个坏消息
It's about Walt.
是有关沃特的
I'm afraid...
很抱歉
He passed away.
他去世了
Um, it happened yesterday.
是昨天的事
He finished writing an angry letter
他刚给邮政部长写完了一封
to the postmaster general, and he just fell asleep.
满怀怒气的信 然后就睡死过去了
Okay.
好吧
It was very peaceful.
一切都很很平静
Not the letter. That was full of threats, but...
除了那信 信里全是威胁恐吓 不过
It's okay to be sad, honey.
你伤心也是应该的 宝贝
You two were really good friends.
你们俩是非常好的朋友
It must be quite a shock to hear that...
听到这消息你一定很震惊吧
Walt's dead.
沃特他死了
Um, so do you wanna talk about it or...
你想和我们谈谈心吗
I'm okay.
我没事
Can I get back to my video game? It's paused.
我能回去玩游戏了吗 我按了暂停
Oh, um, sure.
没问题
Yeah, buddy.
老弟
Come here.
过来抱抱
How weird was that?
他的表现也太奇怪了
I know. Crazy weird.
我知道 太诡异了
It's like he had no feelings at all.
他简直就像是铁石心肠一样
I'm more worried about the one you showed.
我倒觉得你的表现比较诡异
What's with all the smiling?
你那微笑是什么意思
What are you talking about?
你在说什么啊
That grin.
你那咧嘴一笑
"Walt's dead." You looked like the Joker.
"沃特他死了" 跟蝙蝠侠里小丑似的
I didn't smile.
我才没笑呢
You did. It's like a weird coping mechanism.
你笑了 就像是某种怪异的应对机制
You did the same thing when you told him his hamster died.
上次你告诉他仓鼠死时也是这幅摸样
I don't know what you thought you saw, Phil,
我不知道你以为自己看见了什么 菲尔
but our child just got some terrible news
可我们的儿子刚刚听到了悲惨的消息
and had absolutely no reaction. Doesn't that concern you?
却表现得平静异常 你对此不担心吗
Yeah. He probably just needs time to process it.
当然担心 他只是需要时间来消化而已
Do you think?
你这么想吗
Yeah, honey.
是啊 亲爱的
Death is a profound thing to deal with at any age.
生死离别对任何年纪的人都很难面对
We all manage it differently.
我们的处理方式各不相同
Some people lock up their feelings.
有的人隐藏他们的感受
Others...
其他人则
reach out for comfort,
转向他人寻求慰藉
finding some way to reaffirm their connection to life--
设法再次确认自己那鲜活的肉体...
You're joking.
想都别想
家 庭
摩 登
第三季第十九集
Hola, Haley.
你好啊 海莉
Gloria, I was driving by
歌洛莉亚 我开车经过
and saw this outside your door, so here.
看到门外放了报纸 就给你送进来了
- Thank you. - No problem.
-谢了 -不客气
Hey, so since I'm already here,
既然我人都来了
my friend was gonna have a pool party tonight,
我朋友今晚本来要开一个泳池派对
but he got sick. Could we have it here?
可他生病了 能让我们在这里开吗
Mm. Good thing that you saw this paper
幸好你看到报纸了
or if not, you would have never been able to ask.
不然你永远没机会开口问了
Yeah.
说得是啊
I'm sorry, but Jay and I are going
抱歉 我和杰今晚
to Mitch and Cam's for dinner tonight.
要去米奇和小卡家吃晚饭呢
I'm just thinking out loud here.
你就当我自言自语好了
What if I get a chaperone that my parents approve of?
如果有个我父母同意的监护人全程陪同
Would it be okay then?
你会答应吗
Well, I guess so.
这样的话 行啊
You know, it would be good for Manny to have a little bit of fun.
说起来 如果曼尼也能放松一下也不错
Do you mind if he stays here for the party?
你介意他留下来参加派对吗
Mind? The plan depended on him.
介意 整个计划都指望他了
I don't suppose you've thought of a chaperone?
你大概没考虑过监护人的问题吧
Of course not, mom,
当然没想过 妈妈
because it's going to be a wild party
因为我的派对将会狂野放荡
and I'm trying to get away with something, as usual.
而我也会和往常一样想要逃脱惩罚
Yes, I thought of a chaperone--
我当然考虑过监护人的事
My uncle who already said he would do it.
舅舅已经答应做我的监护人了
But if that's gonna be a problem,
如果那样还不行的话
- I think I should just call everybody-- - sorry.
-我就只好打电话通知各位 -抱歉
Sorry. Sorry. It's fine.
我错了 我批准了
And thank you, uncle Manny.
谢谢您啦 曼尼舅舅
Can you help a little bit?
你能不能搭把手啊
This--if I--if I push down, does that...
如果我按下这里 就会
Yeah, that's helping. That's helping.
好一点了 好一点了
No, it's not helping. It's 'cause it's stuck.
不 一点都不好 都卡住了
I can't believe I got 'em this stuck.
真不敢相信我居然把它卡住了
I've built beds my whole life--
我这辈子都在造床
Bunk beds, dog beds, cow beds.
双层床 狗狗的床 牛牛的床
Okay, I'm calling you on cow beds.
我打赌你绝对没造过牛牛的床
Oh, that's my dad!
我爸来了
Okay. He can help.
太好了 他能帮上忙
He's built a boat, a dock, a lake...
他造过船 码头 湖泊
Uh, he did not build a lake.
他绝对没造过湖泊
Okay, from now on, just stop after you say the second thing.
从今往后 举例时编到第二个就打住吧
...So the cabin door swings open.
驾驶舱门打开了
Damned if there wasn't a lady pilot in there.
飞行员居然是个女的
Yeah, well,
你说得对
I hate to admit it, but it throws me, too.
我不愿意承认 可是我对此也很不爽
I do prefer a man.
我还是喜欢男人一点
Are we gonna have this conversation again?
我们又得就你的取向讨论一番吗
- Hey, Merle. - Hey. How are you?
-莫尔 -你好吗
- Yeah, ooh. Okay. - Nice to see you.
-好吧 -很高兴见到你
All right, let me grab that for you.
让我帮你提这个吧
No. No. I got it.
不 我自己来就好
I will take that beer you were about to offer me, though.
你如果愿意帮我拿瓶啤酒 那可敢情好
Oh, yeah. Coming right up.
啤酒马上就来
And you know where everything is. Go have a seat.
你知道东西都在哪儿 快坐下吧
Oh, I missed a call from my dad.
有个我爸的未接来电呢
Oh, let me guess. Is he calling to cancel?
让我猜猜 是打来取消晚餐的吧
What's his excuse this time?
这次又是什么借口
You know, that's a really mean thing to assume, Cam.
你这么想真是小肚鸡肠 小卡
I really wish you'd give my dad a break for once.
你可以不要总是揪着我爸不放吗
Oh, please. You know Jay doesn't like my dad.
得了吧 你明知道杰不待见我爸
He thinks he's some bumpkin from the sticks.
他觉得我爸是乡下来的土包子
Well, I will have you know that Merle Stonewall Tucker
我会让你们知道莫尔·斯通沃尔·塔克
is one of the most respected farmers
可是全密苏里州最牛逼
in all of hell's hollow, Missouri.
最受人尊敬的农民
Okay, you're not hearing yourself.
你也不听听你自己说的话
My dad likes him just fine. Come on.
我爸并不讨厌你爸 别这样
Hello? Hey, dad. It's me.
喂 老爸 是我
Mitch.
米奇
I'm sick.
我病了
I gotta cancel tonight.
我今晚来不了了
Yeah. Yeah, 6:00. We're really looking forward to it.
没错没错 6点 期待你们的光临
What are you doing? I just said I can't come.
你什么意思 我不是说不能来了吗
I don't know. Let me ask.
我不知道 等我问一下
My dad wants to know red or white?
我爸问是喝红酒还是白酒
Um, uh, red.
红酒吧
Red. And I'm sorry.
红酒吧 是我错了
Okay. Yeah, Cam says red.
没事 小卡让带红酒
Okay. Yeah, he's--he's so happy--
是的 对 他挺开心的
Knock it off, old man. You are not sick.
省省吧 老家伙 我知道你没病
Why do you always do this?
为什么你总是这样
Okay, look, between you and me,
听着 咱自家人私底下说
Mervis kind of bugs me.
我觉得莫维斯人挺烦的
Okay, first of all, it's Merle.
首先 人家叫莫尔
Mervis isn't a name. Mervis is a sound.
莫维斯都不是个名字 只是种声音
And second of all, he's-- he's my partner's father.
其次 他可是我爱人的爸爸啊
Okay? You're coming.
懂没 你必须得来
Okay, dad, why don't you settle in?
老爸 你干嘛不四处转转
We don't have plans until dinner tonight with Jay and Gloria.
杰跟歌洛莉亚来就餐之前 我们没什么安排
I-I don't like that guy.
我不喜欢那家伙
What? That's--
什么 这...
You like everybody.
你不对谁都挺好的嘛
Not Jay. The guy rubs me the wrong way.
除了杰 他有时候让我觉得很烦
Every time I try to do something nice,
每次我一想 表达我的善意时
he makes this cranky face, like...
他都给我摆一张臭脸 就像这样
Okay. Well, you know what?
行了 这样吧
I'm gonna chalk this up to jet lag
我就当你是时差还没倒过来
for you because it's not like you at all.
因为这一点都不像你
Okay, you have to make an effort.
你得稍微试着接纳他
It's my partner's father.
他可是我爱人的父亲
Now give me the growl that means "Okay."
咆哮一下给我听 就当你同意了
Good.
很好
Did you know Walt had a daughter
你知道沃特有个女儿
he was completely estranged from?
却和他形同陌路吗
His lawyer said she wouldn't even honor his last request
律师说他女儿甚至不愿了却他的遗愿
[战时军人挂脖子上的标牌 用来辨别身份]
to toss his dog tags in the ocean.
不肯把他的狗牌扔进大海
Can you imagine?
真是难以置信
Phil, do we really have to go through this again?
菲尔 真的有必要再谈这茬吗
I told you, I would do everything possible
我答应过你 我肯定会尽全力
to make sure that your skeleton
保证把你的骸骨
ends up in a science class at a women's college.
贡献给女子大学做科学课堂教材
No, it's just sad.
不是 只是有些伤感
That's half of what would keep me going in my old age--
我晚年生活的一半就指着
remembering all the good times with the kids.
回忆跟孩子们的幸福时光过活了
Teaching Luke to ride his bike...
教卢克骑自行车
Haley at the father-daughter dance...
跟海莉跳父女舞
Taking Alex for her first pony ride...
第一次带艾丽克斯骑小马
You never took Alex on a pony ride.
你从没带她骑过小马
Oh, right. That was just me.
哦对 就我一人去的
But Alex and I went...
但我带艾丽克斯去了...
Oh, no. That was Haley.
不对 那次是带海莉去的
Phil, look. It's Luke.
菲尔 你看 是卢克
He's going into Walt's house.
他要进沃特家了
Oh, he's saying good-bye.
他这是要去告别一下
He just needed a little time.
说了他只是需要点时间
It's so sweet and so sad.
真是又感人又感伤
He's so much more sensitive than I ever thought.
他比我想象中有人情味多了
They had a special bond. I wouldn't be surprised
他们的关系很特别 要是有天卢克写出
[青年聆听老者临终前的醒世箴言 并在其去世后缀珠成链]
if one day he wrote a book like "Tuesdays with Morrie".
像《相约星期二》那样的书也不奇怪
I never read it.
那本书我倒没读过
Did that guy steal Morrie's TV?
不过主人公偷了莫里家的电视没
Now setting a course for adventure!
让我们踏上冒险旅程吧
I've had great experiences with all my kids.
我跟孩子们都有过超棒的回忆
But I... I might have fallen behind a bit with Alex.
不过 也许我稍稍冷落艾丽克斯了
My fault completely.
完全是我的责任
Adventure? We are throwing dog tags
还冒险呢 这是要去把狗牌
into an already polluted ocean
扔到已经饱受污染的海里
where they will probably choke an otter.
搞不好会噎死一只水獭呢
80% my fault.
就80%是我的责任
Honey, we're bringing closure to a man's life.
亲爱的 我们这是来了结一个人的遗愿
We'll hike up to the scenic overlook,
我们一会儿爬到能俯瞰大海的高处
where apparently, Walt proposed to his wife,
据说沃特就在那儿向他的妻子求婚的
wait for the light to be just right, say a few words,
等到光线柔和静谧时 说些悼词
share some memories.
分享一些回忆
That's kind of poetic.
听起来倒有些诗意
Kind of Navajo.
有些纳瓦伙族的味道
Now you're getting it.
你终于也上道了
We'll be sending him off with a level of dignity,
我们会让他带着尊严走完这一生
that if we're lucky, someday we'll experience, too.
幸运的话 我们有天也将体会
It's called--
这叫做...
Hey. What do you got there? Walt's old TV?
这是什么啊 沃特的旧电视吗
He said I could take one thing after he died.
他说过他死后我可以挑一件他的东西
I wish he would've said two things.
要是两件就好了
I would've taken that phone with the big buttons.
我还想要那个按键很大的电话
I bet you guys had some really good times
我相信你们一起看电视的时候
watching this thing, right?
一定很开心 对吧
No. I just wanted a tv in my room.
那倒没有 我屋里刚好差个电视而已
You know, Luke,
听着 卢克
there might be a nicer way to honor Walt's memory.
也许有更好的方法来纪念沃特
What do you mean?
什么意思
Well, I mean, you guys liked to garden.
比如说 你们喜欢一起打理花园
We could, uh, we could take one of his flowers
我们可以从他的花园挑一枝花
and plant it in our yard, and then every spring, when--
栽到咱家院子里 每当春天到来时
There we go.
这样就好了
Sweetie, how are you feeling?
亲爱的 你心里什么滋味
You sad? Angry?
难过 还是生气
Confused? Frustrated?
困惑 还是沮丧
You know you can talk to me.
你有什么想法都可以跟我说
I know, but I can't see through you. Could you scootch?
知道啦 你挡着电视了 快闪开行吗
No. No. You know, this is not okay.
不行 这样可不行
It's going back.
我要把它送回去
What? He said I could pick one thing.
什么 他说我可以挑一件的
This isn't picking.
这不叫挑
It's looting, and it's going back.
这叫抢 我要送回去了
You are so mean.
你真是个坏女人
When Walt used to look through those binoculars
那会儿沃特经常拿望远镜偷看你
and say, "Your dad's one lucky man", he was wrong.
还说什么"你爸真是好福气" 他错了
Hi, Haley.
嗨 海莉
Hi. Stef, Sam, this is Manny.
嗨 斯蒂芬 山姆 这是曼尼
What's up, dude?
你好啊 老兄
Kitchen's over there and pool's in the back.
厨房在那边 泳池在后面
So where are your parents?
你爸妈没来吗
They're not coming.
他们不来
I was told there'd be a chaperone.
我妈说会有监护人到场的啊
There is. It's you.
有啊 就是你
My parents are totally fine with it.
我爸妈觉得没问题
Well, exits,
我想想 安全出口
fire extinguisher, burn kit.
灭火器 烧伤药箱
Okay, let's have some fun.
都齐全 来找点乐子吧
I believe I was clear the bedrooms were off-limits.
我相信我说得很明白 禁入卧室
Young lady, I don't think you're ready up here
小姑娘 送你一句箴言
for what you're planning to do up there.
张腿先过脑 开窍不开苞
Ugh. Not on my watch.
在我眼皮底下别想
Oh, this was a delicious meal, Mitchell.
菜做得真美味啊 米奇尔
I wish my wife could cook a roast like this.
要是我老婆厨艺这么棒就好了
You got a good one there, son.
你是好福气啊 儿子
Oh, well, I'm very lucky, just like you and mama.
没错 我的福分 就像你跟妈妈一样
Never had a bad patch.
幸福美满一辈子
Except the winter of '85. Remember that?
除了1985年冬天的那次 还记得吗
Oh, I spent several nights in the cow bed then.
那可不 那几晚我只好睡牛床上了
Oh, here. Let me help you.
来来来 我帮你收拾
No, no, no. You sit--sit down.
不用不用 你坐下
Let--lets us guys catch up here a little bit.
我们男人们来叙叙旧
I'll tell you why I don't like that guy--
告诉你们我很烦那人的原因吧
and I could never say this to Mitch--
我是不会跟米奇尔说的
He treats my son like the wife in the relationship.
他把我儿子当做女人一样对待
Always has.
一直都这样
Before we get to dessert, I've got some presents here.
吃甜点前 我要送些礼物给你们
Oh, you didn't need to, dad.
不用这么客气啦 老爸
Love it!
大爱啊
Oh, Merle, thank you so much.
哇 莫尔 真是太谢谢你了
Look at this. Oh. So elegant, huh?
瞧瞧这个 真是典雅大方
Oh, this is so sweet.
真是太贴心了
I think I might cry.
感动得快哭出来了
Don't.
千万别
Dad, I really gotta get home.
老爸 我真的要回家了
I know. I know. You gotta do homework.
我知道 我知道 你要做作业
But you can't expect me to see a sign that says,
但是当你看到一个牌子上写着
"World's greatest milk shake--50 miles,"
"世间绝迹之美味奶昔 前50英里"
and not drive to it.
怎能不驱车前往呢
Sorry, sweetie. Machine's broken.
对不起两位 机器坏了
I just wanted a special day with my daughter,
我就是想和我家闺女度过特别的一天
You know, like "the time we gave an old man
比如"我们在海滩上给一位老人
a dramatic sendoff at the beach,"
办了场意义非凡的送别仪式"
or--or "the time we drove 100 miles
或者"有次我们开了100英里
for the world's greatest milk shake."
去吃世界上最美味的奶昔"
Call us when it happens, Francine.
要生的时候给我们电话 弗朗辛
Oh, it could be before you get home.
你们到家前我说不定就要生了
I'm a week past my due date as it is.
预产期已经过了一周了
What can I do for you?
要吃点什么吗
"The time we delivered a baby."
"有次我们帮忙接生了个孩子"
We were the only ones there, and she was so close,
那儿除了她就是我们了 她又快生了
The sound of a pin dropping could induce labor.
一根针掉到地上的声音都能起到催生作用
Okay!
What looks good?
吃什么好呢
What looks good?
吃什么好呢
What looks good?
吃什么好呢
Wh-whoa! Kids love to destroy things.
孩子都爱搞破坏
Not Manny. He's always been a little bit too serious.
曼尼不这样 他一直都太一本正经了
I would make the buildings, and he would inspect them.
一般我负责造房子 他就负责来验收
And if they weren't up to code, ay, ay, ay, the paperwork.
一旦哪里不合法规 各种批文就来了
I remember Cam, one time,
我记得小卡有一次
rolled a tractor tire right through a chicken coop.
把拖拉机轮胎滚进了鸡窝
He was 3 at the time.
他那时候才3岁
I remember Mitchell, one time,
我记得米奇尔有一次
karate-chopped a plate glass window.
空手劈向一块厚玻璃板
Got 17 stitches.
缝了17针
Ah, yes. I love that story.
我爱死这个故事了
Which one of the Charlie's angels he was being again?
他扮演的是霹雳娇娃[女]中的哪一个来着
- That's not important. - I think it was Farrah.
-那不重要 -我觉得是费拉
Yeah, the thing I remember is, when Mitchell told that story,
对 我记得米奇尔讲那个故事的时候
how--how he giggled all the way through.
一直在咯咯笑
I'm sure he wasn't giggling.
我想他没有在咯咯笑
Oh, yeah, he--he was giggling, all right.
他绝对在咯咯笑
No, see, Mitchell has a booming laugh.
不 米奇尔通常都是爆笑
It's Cameron, actually-- has the high laugh.
卡梅隆才是那个喜欢尖声笑的
You know...
像是
No, I think Mitch has a higher laugh than--
不 我觉得米奇的笑声更尖
It's...
是这样
No, it's...
不 是这样
Listen to them.
听听他俩
Listen to them.
听听他俩
Best of friends.
好哥俩啊这是
Oh, man. I'm sorry I doubted Jay.
亲爱的 我很抱歉我那么说杰
He's been lovely.
他很贴心
Oh, well, confession time--
好吧 真心话时间
He kinda didn't want to come.
他确实有点不想来
Well, you're gonna laugh
听到这个你一定很想笑
because my dad was kinda hoping he wouldn't.
因为我爸也有点希望他不要来
Wha?
什么
Oh. They just needed to get to know one another better.
他们只是需要多互相了解一下
I am so glad that we did this.
我真高兴我们做到了
Yeah, me, too.
我也很高兴
Oh, that's so funny.
说来有趣
Wh-what did your dad not like about my dad?
你爸为什么不喜欢我爸
Oh, well, you know Jay. He's a teddy bear,
你知道杰的 他可爱得很
but sometimes he can kinda come off as a tough guy.
但有时候 他总以一副硬汉冷面孔示人
Yeah, that's true.
那倒是真的
As an actual tough guy,
作为一个真正的硬汉
You can kinda see how that would rub my dad the wrong way.
你就能理解为什么我爸会被惹到了
Oh, it's--I-I could see that, but, you know,
那个...我看得出来 不过
my dad's actually pretty tough himself, so...
我爸其实真是个硬汉 所以...
Oh, yeah, city tough,
是吗 都市硬汉而已
You know, not farm tough.
而不是 乡野硬汉
You mean cities, where there are gangs,
你说的都市 是指黑帮遍布的那种吧
as to opposed to farms, where there are ducks?
乡野可就不一样了 遍布的都是小鸭子
Oh, boy. It's really jammed in there.
天呐 里面卡得死死的
Yeah. Why don't you hop on in there, dad?
老爸 要不你过去搭把手吧
My dad's got it.
我爸能搞定
- All right, let's see here. - Hang on, Merle.
-好 我来看看 -坚持住 莫尔
- Wait. Here. Huh? - Hold. Yeah, that's good.
-等等 这里吗 -撑住 好
Oh. It's coming.
快出来了
We got it. We got it.
我们能搞定 我们能搞定
Oh, there you go. There you go.
这就对了 这就对了
Cam, why don't you go get us a couple of cold ones?
小卡 帮我们拿点冰饮来吧
We'll finish this job up in here.
这边交给我们就行了
Sure thing, dad. You earned it.
当然 老爸 应该的
Yeah. Good helping there, Merle. Okay.
对 谢谢帮忙 莫尔
It's hot in here.
这里面真热
It's, like, 80 degrees.
有80华氏度吧[27摄氏度左右]
He did that so the meals on wheels lady
他这么做是让外卖女郎
had to take off her sweater.
不得不宽衣解带
How do we turn on the lights in here?
这儿灯是怎么开的
Of course.
可不是嘛
So, Luke, now that we're here,
卢克 既然我们到这儿了
you wanna take a minute and say what Walt meant to you?
要不你就跟我说说沃特对你有多重要
Nope.
不想说
Luke, you are going through something huge in your life,
卢克 你正经历漫漫人生路上的重要一课
and I'm concerned that you're not processing it
我担心你没能以一种
in a normal, healthy way.
恰当的方式去处理
I'm sad. I'm so very sad.
我伤心 我特别非常地伤心
No, I don't just wanna hear what you think I wanna hear.
别 你别说这些来应付我
- I want you to really tell me-- - Hi.
-我希望你敞开心扉... -你们好
It's Kim with meals on wheels.
我是来来送餐的金姆
Hi, Luke. Where's Walt?
卢克 沃特在哪里
It is like a sauna in here. How does he stand it?
热得跟蒸桑拿一样 他怎么受得了
Walt! I'm waiting for my hug!
沃特 我在等我的每日一抱
I have some sad news about Walt.
关于沃特 我有个不幸的消息
He's dead.
他去世了
What?
什么
He died last night.
昨晚去世的
Are you joking?
你在开玩笑吧
No. He had a heart attack.
不 他是心脏病去世的
A man died. You're-- you're smiling.
有人去世了 你却 你还笑得出来
I'm not smiling.
我没在笑
You are, mom. It's kinda creepy.
撒谎 老妈 吓死个人哦
Well, hello? Walt?
有人在吗 沃特
What's going on?
发生什么了
Something happen to Walt?
沃特怎么了
Well, I'm sure you can imagine.
我想你可以猜到的
He sick?
他病了吗
He's in the hospital?
他现在在医院吗
Oh, my god. Just tell me.
天啊 没卖关子了
Mm! Okay.
好吧
He is... dead.
他去世了
- He is? - Yeah, he's dead.
-真的吗 -对 他去世了
What are you doing with your mouth?
你捂着个嘴做什么
- Nothing. - She's smiling. She thinks it's funny.
-没什么 -她在笑 她觉得很滑稽
I don't. I don't think it's funny.
我没有 我没觉得很滑稽
- I'm not smiling. - I'm not leaving this with you.
-我没在笑 -我不会把这个留给你的
I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.
抱歉 我很抱歉
I just found out my face does this.
我也才知道我脸有这毛病
Wow, mom. That was so wrong.
老妈 你这样是大不敬啊
Well, it's--it's called a coping mechanism, Luke.
这只是应对机制的不同 卢克
Some people repress their feelings
有些人会选择压抑自己的情感
and some people just smile. But d--it doesn't matter.
有些人则会选择微笑 不说了越描越黑
Just put the TV in the den. Let's get out of here.
把电视机放回小屋去 赶紧离开这儿
It doesn't go in the den.
电视机不是放在小屋的
It goes right here.
应该放在这儿
I can see it from my room.
从我的房间就能看见它了
Sometimes I'd wake up in the middle of the night
有时候大半夜 我醒来时
and look down here.
往这边一瞧
If the tv was on, I knew he was up,
看电视机开着 就知道他还没睡
and I don't know,
我也说不清
I guess I'm gonna miss that.
我想我会怀念这种感觉的
Yeah. That's...
这真是...
Yeah.
是啊
Is that any better?
好点了吗
Yeah, it still feels just, you know, a little wobbly.
还是有那么点儿 摇摇晃晃的
Oh! Oh, my god. Okay, no, no, no.
我的天 不不
That's--that's fine. Thank you. Thank you.
没事 没关系 谢谢你 谢谢你
Okay, it's "Go" Time.
好吧 看样子是时候了
Oh, hey, doc.
好啊 医生
It's okay. It's just a cramp.
没事的 阵痛而已
Can I get you guys anything else?
你们还要点些别的吗
Please, no. He's already made me eat
可千万别 他已经让我吃遍
the world's greatest everything on the menu.
菜单上"世间绝迹"的各种美食了
Dad, why are you acting like this?
老爸 你今天怎么这么诡异
Is this about Walt dying?
是跟沃特去世有关吗
No. It's about what he didn't do when he was alive--
不 与他在世时没来得及做的事有关
Have a special bond with his daughter.
他没能和女儿共创特殊的美好回忆
I don't want to be that kind of dad.
我不想成为他那样的一个父亲
I want to be Eugene Cernan.
要做就做尤金·塞尔南那样的
Who's Eugene Cernan?
尤金·塞尔南是谁
"Apollo 17" Astronaut,
阿波罗17号的宇航员
Last man on the moon, coolest dad of all time.
月上最后一人 史上最酷的爹
When he was leaving the moon, he reached down
他离开月球时 他俯下身去
and wrote his daughter's initials into the lunar surface.
把他女儿名字的缩写 刻在了月球表面
Since there's no atmosphere--
由于月球上没有空气流动
There'll be there forever.
所以它会永远留在那
Wow. So every time she looks in the sky,
所以每次当她仰望天空时
she knows there's a message just for her.
就能收到那专属于她的讯息
Exactly. That's why dads everywhere hate Eugene Cernan.
没错 全世界的爹都恨尤金·塞尔南
Oh, no.
不是吧
Okay, "Hate's" A strong word. It's just--
好吧 "恨"这字眼确实重了 只是
I'm trying to make--
我是想说
Oh. Oh, boy.
天啊
Honey. Okay.
亲爱的
I really wanna help,
我是真想帮你
but you know when someone yawns,
不过都说见别人打哈欠或呕吐时
It makes you yawn?
自己也会有反应
You're not gonna yawn, are you?
你也想吐了 是吗
I already yawned a little in my mouth. Oh, god.
都已经到嗓子眼了 天哪
Jay, I want to thank you for helping me do this.
杰 帮了这么大忙 真得谢谢你
I know Cam appreciates not having to do it all on his own.
小卡肯定很开心 不用自己一人忙活了
What? What's that face?
怎么 摆什么臭脸呢
You really wanna know?
你真想知道
Sure.
当然
Sometimes I think you treat my son
有时候我觉得 在他们的关系中
like the woman in their relationship.
你把我儿子当成女人
- What? - Like those watches.
-什么 -比如那对表
Cam's was all big and manly.
小卡那块又大又爷们
The other one looked like something
另一只看起来
Grace Kelly would wear.
就像是格蕾丝·凯莉的表
[嫁给摩纳哥王子的美国女演员]
Well, that's just because
那是因为
Mitch has a more slender wrist than cam does. That's all.
米奇的手腕比小卡的要纤细 仅此而已
It's skinny, not slender.
他那是瘦 不是纤细
And you're honestly telling me
那你老老实实告诉我
you don't cast mitch in the more ladylike role?
你没把米奇放在类似女人的角色中
Are you saying Cam is the wife in this deal?
你是说小卡扮演的是老婆的角色吗
I don't think about it that way.
我没那么想过
It's not like it was in our day.
现在可不像我们当年那样了
Husband went out to work.
出门养家糊口的是老公
Wife stayed home with the kids.
在家相夫教子的是老婆
That sounds like a clever way of saying "Yes."
真会说话 拐弯抹角地说小卡是女人呗
Fine.
好吧
They're both equal.
他们是平等的
Neither one is the wife.
没有谁是女方
Yeah. Yeah.
对 对
I know that in my head.
我其实也很明白
It's just that it makes me feel a tiny bit better
只是当我觉得跟他相守一生的人
to think that the person he's spending his life with
其实有那么一点像女人时
is a tiny bit of a woman.
我心里会好过些
I get it.
我懂的
Every time I start to feel comfortable with this thing,
每次我对这事刚能接受一点时
some new part comes up I gotta wrap my head around.
就又会有新的事情发生让我烦心
Yeah, I guess we got no choice.
事已至此 坦然接受吧
Yep. We got two sons,
对 我们都有两个儿子
and they're gay for each other.
都为对方的基情所倾倒
I'll take it slow on the way home.
回家路上我会慢点开的
Don't worry. Canceling course for adventure.
别担心 冒险旅程取消
You know what I'll never forget?
你猜什么将永存我心难以忘记
The time my dad spent the entire day
就是我爸花了一整天
trying to create a special memory for me.
就为了要给我制造些特殊的回忆
Or when a pregnant lady slipped in my vomit.
还有 有个孕妇踩着我的呕吐物滑到了
Hang on.
等着
I wanna do one thing before we go.
走之前我得做件事
Hey, you on your way home?
你在回家路上了吗
Just about. How's everything there?
快了 你那边怎么样了
Actually, it's pretty great.
事实上 一切进展顺利
I can't wait to see you.
我等不及要见你了
Me, too.
我也是
Okay.
好的
Let's hit it.
走吧
I don't know.
要不然
I feel like maybe we should get some food on the way home.
回家路上我们买点吃的带回去吧
Don't.
可别
Maybe a nice tuna melt.
来个金枪鱼三明治
Stop it.
别说了
月 光 餐 厅
艾丽克斯·邓菲
I did what I could, mom. It was a nightmare.
我已经尽力了妈妈 简直跟噩梦一样
I can't tell you how many times I turned off the bathroom light.
我都不知道我关了多少次浴室的灯
Haley!
海莉
Oh, crap. Listen, Gloria.
糟了 听我说 歌洛莉亚
Okay, everything I told you technically was not--
我之前对你讲的 严格说不算是...
You lied to me
你对我撒谎
so that you could have a party without supervision!
就为了没人管 为所欲为地开派对
Oh, I had plenty of supervision.
今天晚上管事的还真不少
He was running around all night with his coasters and vacuum
他整晚都拿着杯垫和吸尘器跑来跑去
and his "Make good choices" Speech.
义正言辞地教育别人要"做正确的决定"
Good. Somebody needed to be responsible.
很好 总得有个人有点责任心吧
Thank you.
谢谢
Not you. You take rules too seriously.
没说你 你太一本正经 太刻板了
I'm in trouble?
倒成我错了
You are 13.
你才13岁
You're not supposed to be vacuuming the party.
你不应该在派对上用吸尘器打扫
You're supposed to be enjoying the party.
你应该享受这个派对才是
Exactly.
就是嘛
A party that you shouldn't have been having!
而你压根不应该参加这样的派对
It seems like you're sending mixed signals here.
似乎你的逻辑有点混乱
Yeah, maybe I should get my friends and just leave.
也许我应该叫朋友们都走了
No, you're in trouble, little young lady.
不 你麻烦大了 小姑娘
You're having this party!
这派对不能停
What? They've been using glassware by the pool,
什么 他们在泳池边用玻璃餐具
putting feet on the furniture,
把脚放在家具上
and begging girls to kiss each other.
还求女生互相亲对方
Yes! All the things that you should have been doing!
对 这些事就是你应该干的
Yeah, all those things are fine.
对 这些都没问题
Go. Have fun and go crazy.
去吧 去好好玩 疯一疯
But he's gonna ruin my party.
他会毁了我的派对的
Two birds with one bullet.
一石二鸟 一箭双雕