摩登家庭 第十季 Modern Family Season 10 第5集: Good Grief

上映日期: 2,018

语言: 英语

影片类型: 喜剧 / 家庭

导演: 盖尔·曼库索 / 斯蒂文·莱维坦

演员: 艾德·奥尼尔 / 索菲娅·维加拉 / 朱丽·鲍温 / 泰·布利尔 / 杰西·泰勒·弗格森 / 艾瑞克·斯通斯崔特 / 萨拉·海蓝德 / 阿芮尔·温特 / 诺兰·古德 / 里克·罗德里格兹 / 奥布里·


台词
Okay, honey, doorbell's installed.
好了 亲爱的 门铃装好了
- How's it sound? - Welcome to hell!
-听起来怎么样 -欢迎来到地狱
That is so cute!
太可爱了
Can you come in here and help me with this web?
你能进来帮我弄一下这张网吗
Sorry, gotta fly.
抱歉 苍蝇君得起飞了
I'm gonna do that one again when there's more people around.
等人都来了我再说一次这苍蝇起飞双关梗
Okay. So, you got to put that up on the hook
好了 把那个挂到钩子上
because the trick-or-treaters are gonna be here any minute.
因为不给糖就捣乱的孩子们随时会来
I'm caught.
我被缠住了
Don't pull. It's just gonna get...
别硬拉 只会越来越...
‭...worse.
- No, I can, uh -- - N- Stop moving.
-不 我能... -别动了
I'm gonna get some scissors.
我去找把剪刀来
Hey, Jerry.
杰瑞
What's wrong?
出什么事了
When?
什么时候
How?
怎么会
Oh, thank God you're back.
谢天谢地你回来了
There's a real spider in here, and it's getting closer.
这有只真蜘蛛 离我越来越近
That was Jerry, my mom's husband.
是杰瑞的电话 我妈的老公
Is everything okay?
一切还好吗
No.
- My mom's dead. - ‭What?
-我妈去世了 -什么
家 庭
摩 登
第十季 第五集
I can't believe Nana's gone.
真不敢相信外婆去世了
If God really is an old white guy,
假如上帝真是个白人老头
he's about to get an earful.
他会被外婆念叨死的
Oh, my God, Claire.
我的天 克莱尔
Mitchell.
米奇尔
‭Wait, can you --
等等 你能不能
- I think -- - ‭I don't know how to --
-我觉得 -我不知道该怎么
Yeah. Help. Please help. Thank you.
帮下忙 拜托你帮把手 谢谢
‭All right.
好了
Who are you supposed to be?
你扮的这是谁
Ah, I'm Pr-I'm Prince Harry.
我是哈里王子
Oh, does that mean Cam is --
这么说难道小卡他
Hear ye, hear ye,
都听好了
presenting the Duchess of Sussex, Meghan --
苏塞克斯公爵夫人驾到 梅根...
No, no, no, no, no. That was for Pepper's party.
不不不 这些是为胡娇的派对准备的
We're not doing that anymore. Go console your cousins.
现在不说了 去安慰你的表亲们吧
Oh, sweetie.
亲爱的
Let me get in there.
快来拥抱一下
- Oh, hang on. Oh -- - We were, um...
-等一下 -我们之前
- All right, get up. - Yeah, this -- I had the same issue with this.
-抬起来 -我刚才也遇到了这个问题
Just -- Okay, there it is.
你... 好了
‭Oh, sweetie.
亲爱的
Who needs a drink?
谁想喝一杯
- I do. - ‭I do.
-我 -我
Okay, how are we gonna handle this?
好吧 我们要怎么处理这难题
You mean because the two most
你是指因为地球上
emotionally complicated people on earth
感情最复杂的两个人
are facing the loss
正在面对
of the most complicated relationship of their lives?
失去他们人生中最复杂的亲密关系
So... not an edible arrangement.
这么说可食用的装饰品不能管用
We just have to be there for them.
我们只要陪着他们就好
Whatever they need. I --
无论他们需要什么 我
It just feels inappropriate
我只是觉得穿成这样
- being dressed like this. - Yeah.
-太不合时宜了 -是啊
I should be in something darker with a cap sleeve.
我该穿件深色沉肩袖的裙子
This is so surreal. I-I can't believe this.
太不真实了 我无法相信
I-I just talked to her right before she left.
在她离世前我才和她通过话
She was so excited about her trip to Greenland
要和女性互助组织去格陵兰旅行
with her women's group.
她是那么兴奋
Still no word on what happened?
还是不知道她是怎么走的吗
No. Jerry called.
不知道 杰瑞来电话了
He said that she had a heart problem
他说她心脏有问题
she didn't want to talk about,
但她不想告诉别人
but we're still not sure if that's it.
但是还不知道是不是因为这个
He did promise to reach out as soon as he has some answers.
他保证一有答案就联系我们
Well, we're here to support you in any way we can.
我们会尽一切所能支持你们
Yeah. Anything you need, anything at all, we're on it.
是啊 无论你们需要什么都交给我们
Soup? ‭Tissues?
汤 纸巾
Try this meditation exercise.
试试这个冥想练习
Yeah, no, you guys are being so sweet. I just --
不 你们真的很贴心 我只想...
Yeah, but w-we cope with things
是啊 我们应对悲痛时
a little less touchy-feely
没有那么多愁善感
and a little more --
更倾向于
- Irish. Yes. - ‭Right. Right.
-爱尔兰风格 -没错 没错
You know, have some drinks, tell some funny stories.
喝些酒 讲些趣事
Do you remember the time Mom was so mad
记不记得那次妈妈气疯了
because "Laverne and Shirley" moved to California?
因为拉文与雪莉[情景剧角色]搬去了加州
Or, no, remember how she used to always
还有 记不记得她过去
bring her own ice cubes to restaurants?
去餐厅时总自带冰块
Oh, God, yes!
天啊 没错
Remember when she got thrown out of Scientology?
记不记得她被赶出山达基教[邪教]那次
Our mother is dead, Phil.
我们的母亲去世了 菲尔
I-I thought we were --
我以为我们在...
Maybe you should just give us a little space?
或许你们该给我们些空间
- Yeah. Yeah, sure. - Of course. Yes.
-好的 好的 -当然 好的
- Sure. - ‭Sure.
-好的 -好的
You know, I don't know how we all feel about the afterlife,
我不知道大家都对死后的世界有何想法
but I myself would like to imagine Dede
但我愿意想象迪迪
surrounded by loved ones, hearing --
被亲人们围绕 听到...
Welcome to hell!
欢迎来到地狱
I'll disconnect that doorbell.
我去关掉门铃
Oh, God.
老天
We were out trick-or-treating with the kids.
我们本来在外面讨糖果
- Dad. - We left Joe with Manny,
-爸爸 -我们把乔留给曼尼照看
and we came as soon as we heard.
一听到消息就赶来了
So sorry.
我很遗憾
- Come here, you two. Get in here. - Oh, thanks, Dad.
-你们俩过来 抱抱 -谢谢 爸爸
Yeah. I know. You just have to -- Yeah.
我知道 等我... 好了
Look, I know that your mother and I had our differences,
我知道你们母亲和我以前有过分歧
but she was a good woman.
但她是个好女人
Yeah.
She, uh...
她...
Yeah, she had great legs.
她有一双美腿
Oh. Really? That's your tribute?
你不是吧 只想得出这句悼念词吗
Of course not. She was very educated,
当然不是 她很有教养
as she often told me.
她自己常这么说
She, um...uh...
她...
She --
I can't watch this.
我看不下去了
It's like watching a fish panic at the bottom of a boat.
简直像看着一条鱼在船底挣扎求生
Uh, she -- she gave you us, your wonderful children.
她给予了你我们 你两个优秀的孩子
There you go. And for that I will always be grateful.
对的 为此我永远心怀感激
Yeah. We have so much to be grateful for.
是的 我们有很多需要感恩的事
She was a wonderful mother.
她是个很棒的母亲
And I'm -- I am so glad that I was able to tell her that
我很庆幸在最后一次跟她打电话时
during our last call.
告诉她了
And I didn't know it at the time,
我当时没想到
but in a lot of ways, it was the perfect goodbye.
但从很多方面来说 那都是最完美的道别
Do we know what happened?
知道她去世的原因吗
Not yet, no. But you know what?
还不知道 不过
- I need to be around happy things... ‭- Yeah.
-我想被开心的事物围绕 -对
...cute kids in costumes trick-or-treating.
比如盛装来讨糖果的可爱孩子们
I'm gonna go hand out some Halloween candy.
我要去给他们发万圣节糖果
- I'm good! Good, good! - I'm -- I'm coming with you.
-我没事 我没事 -我跟你一起去
- I'm good. - We're good.
-我没事 -我们没事
Ah, you make plans,
人做好了计划
the universe steps in and says "Nope."
却被老天爷打乱
- Life is so unfair. - Damn right.
-人生真不公平 -说得对
I just waited in a line around the block
我刚刚在街角排队
for a hoagie everybody's talking about.
买到网红特大号三明治
Then my ex-wife drops dead,
就突然得知我前妻死了
and I'm too sad to eat it.
现在我很难过 吃不下了
I'll give it another hour.
过一小时再吃好了
Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss, Jay.
你还真"惨"啊 杰
I don't know why I thought getting this out would help.
我不知道为什么觉得拿这个出来会有帮助
What is that?
那是什么
Nana had these little statues of herself made.
外婆找人做了一些自己的小人偶
They were her Christmas gift to each of us.
圣诞节时送给了我们当礼物
Now I feel better about my stupid well in Africa.
我觉得她用我名义在非洲挖的井没那么傻了
Hey. Hitting that candy pretty hard.
你糖吃得很凶啊
You didn't even take the wrapper off the last one.
上一根棒棒糖你连糖纸一起吞了
I'm sad. Shut up.
我很难过 闭嘴
I heard that if you die on Halloween,
我听说在万圣节那天死的人
you come back as a zombie.
会变成丧尸复活
I can see that.
我能想象得出来
Nana would be all,
外婆狰狞嘶吼
"Braaainnssss!
"我要吃脑
Nope. Braaainnsss!"
这个没脑 我要吃脑"
I just remember Nana --
我记得外婆
when we were little, she would --
我们小的时候 她会...
She would --
她会...
Oh, my God! What is wrong with you two?!
老天 你们俩是什么奇葩啊
- What? - ‭Our grandmother just died.
-干嘛 -我们外婆刚刚去世了
Luke's over here making tasteless jokes,
卢克在开些没品的笑话
and you're stuffing your face.
而你像猪一样猛吃
Show some respect!
能不能尊重一下她
I am so sorry, what happened to your grandmother.
你们外婆去世了 我很遗憾
She was a wonderful woman.
她是个很棒的女人
Thank you, Gloria.
谢谢你 歌洛莉亚
Finally, someone with a normal reaction.
终于有人有点正常反应了
Didn't Nana try to strangle you three times?
外婆不是曾经三次试图勒死你吗
Yeah, but one of those times,
是 但其中一次
I was able to see again my favorite abuela
我濒死时有一刹那再次看到了我
for one second.
最爱的祖母
So I really should thank Dede.
所以我真该感谢迪迪
Anyways, any issues that your grandmother had with me,
总之 我和你们外婆之间的矛盾
they're behind her.
都过去了
She's at peace. She's living in a better place.
她现在得到了安宁 去了一个更好的地方
What the hell is that?!
那他妈是什么鬼
Mm. Pretty lifelike, right? Christmas gift from Nana.
很逼真吧 外婆送的圣诞礼物
Ah, it's very cute.
是吗 很可爱
But it's amazing how her eyes are --
不过真不可思议 我走到哪
are following me wherever I go!
她眼睛都盯着我
I know that this is going to sound crazy,
我知道这话听起来挺疯的
but I have always worried that when Dede died,
不过我一直担心迪迪死后
she was going to come back and haunt me.
会化成厉鬼回来缠着我
Maybe it's because she whispered it to me at my wedding.
可能是因为我结婚时 她在我耳边这么说过
Happy Halloween.
万圣节快乐
Cute.
真可爱
You okay?
你还好吗
Yeah, I was just thinking about
还好啦 我就是在想
this great Halloween with Mom.
跟妈妈度过的一次超赞万圣节
I wasn't really fitting in in high school,
我在高中的时候融入不进大家
so Mom took me to go get ice cream
所以妈妈带我去了
at this place in West Hollywood.
在西好莱坞区的一家冰激凌店
And the parade was going on.
而当时那里有同性恋游行
And before that, I had never been to a gay event.
在那之前 我从没去过任何同性恋活动
Trick or treat!
不给糖就捣蛋
Here you go. Happy Halloween.
给你 万圣节快乐
The thing is,
我的重点是
she didn't force me to talk about it.
她并没有逼我谈同性恋的事
She just let it be. You know?
她就顺其自然 你懂吗
And I-I think that that was her way of saying
我想那大概就是她在告诉我
that she was okay with me. ‭
她可以接受我性向
I remember once Mom told me
我还记得妈妈曾对我说
that I ate ice cream like a prostitute.
我吃冰激凌的方式像个妓女
Ugghh, come on. ‭
Wh-Why haven't we heard anything yet
为什么等到现在
about what happened to her?
都还不知道她到底怎么去世的
This is ridiculous!
也太扯了吧
I know. It's bad enough we lost our mom.
对啊 失去母亲已经够残酷了
Now we just have to sit here expecting the worst.
我们现在还得在这自己乱瞎猜
Uh, heard some raised voices,
好像听到有一些吼声
- just making... - Where have you guys been?
-就来确定... -你们俩都去哪了
Yeah, I don't know if you've noticed,
不知道你们俩有没注意到
but we're kind of going through something today.
但我们今天正在为一些事情难过
Well, you s-said you wanted some space,
是你们说想要一点私人空间
- so we were giving you... - So now you're gonna logic us to death?
-所以我们给你们... -开始跟我们摆道理了吗
Yeah, yeah, 'cause that's what we need right now.
真棒啊 我们现在就想听人说我们无理取闹
I am totally confused
我完全迷糊了
- about what we're supposed to do. - No. I have an idea.
-不知道该怎么处理他俩 -我有个主意
Mitchell was just talking about a great memory he had
米奇尔刚刚才说到跟妈妈那段
of Dede taking him for ice cream in West Hollywood.
去西好莱坞吃冰激凌的美好回忆
We could go pick some up -- it would be a perfect tribute.
我们可以去帮他买 这算是完美的致意了
That's great.
好棒啊
Plus, I don't know why, but there's --
而且 我不知为何 就...
there's something about the way Claire eats ice cream
就觉得克莱尔吃冰激凌的方式
that I just...enjoy.
让我感到十分... 享受
I just wish I could remember the name of it.
真希望我还记得那家店叫什么名字
- I'm on it. Anderson Scooper? - No.
-我在查 安德森·一勺珀 -不是
安德森·库珀 深受同志群体喜爱的帅气新闻主播
改自知名电影 主题是3名异装皇后
Priscilla Queen of the Desserts?
沙漠妖"基"冰激凌
Mnh-mnh. Sherbert and Ernie?
"冰"特与恩尼
毕特与恩尼是《芝麻街》的角色有许多人认为他俩是同性伴侣
Mnh-mnh. It was something very specific.
我记得名字是很具体的
West Hollywood Ice Cream Shop?
西好莱坞冰激凌店吗
- That's it. Let's go. - This can't be happening.
-就是这家 走吧 -这不是真的吧
Ohh. ‭Aw, Jay, it's a hard day.
杰 我明白你很难接受
Tell me.
你们说说
I put a sandwich in there with my name on it
我在冰箱里放了一个写我名字的三明治
10 minutes ago, and now it's missing.
才放了10分钟 现在就不见了
- Who the hell took it?! - Really? On a day like today,
-谁他妈吃了 -不是吧 今天这种日子
you can get this worked up over a sandwich?
你居然要为一个三明治火冒三丈吗
- Come here. - Hey. It's okay.
-过来 -没事的
You're smelling us.
你在闻我们的味道
I smell guilt and pickles.
我闻到了愧疚与腌黄瓜味
Sorry, fireman habit.
抱歉 消防员的习惯
Your mom said you were up here.
你妈妈说你在楼上待着
You're the best boyfriend.
你真是最好的男朋友了
That's her, huh?
这是你外婆吧
Yep.
是的
People said she was difficult,
很多人说她很难相处
but she was an amazing woman
但她真的是个很棒的女人
who didn't conform to anyone's idea
从来不让别人的话
of who she should be.
影响自己追求本心
There are a lot of photos of her being escorted out of places.
有好多她被人赶出场的照片啊
Yeah.
是啊
Well, it must feel good to know that --
也算好事吧 能知道她...
I mean not good. Everything must feel bad.
我不是指真的好事 这事情很糟糕
I'm sorry. I'm bad at this whole death thing.
对不起 我不太会面对死亡这件事
And I see a lot of it at work.
尽管我在工作中会常常面对死亡
I mean, nobody ever feeds the station goldfish.
真的 大家每次都不去喂队宠小金鱼
It's not just hard for you.
不只是你觉得难以面对
My brother can't stop cracking jokes,
我弟弟一直疯狂在开冷笑话
my sister's eating like a bear about to hibernate,
我姐姐像要冬眠前的熊一样在疯狂大吃
and meanwhile, I'm just sitting here thinking,
而与此同时 我只能坐在这想着
"Wow, you're here one second, and then poof...
"世事无常 前一秒人还在 一转眼就...
you're not."
就不在了"
I know how sad you must be.
我知道你有多难过
Take off your shirt.
脱了你的上衣
- What? -‭Fine.
-什么 -算了
I'll run things.
老娘来指挥
Okay, very funny!
行行行 很好笑
Who did this?!
这是谁干的
Santa Maria, Madre de Dios, ruega por nosotros pecadores.
圣母玛利亚 为我们罪人所祈祷
Santa Maria, Madre de Dios, ruega por nosotros pecadores.
圣母玛利亚 为我们罪人所祈祷
ahora y en la hora -- Aah!
在这个有人去世的...
Santa Maria, Madre de Dios, ruega por nosotros pecadores.
圣母玛利亚 为我们罪人所祈祷
ahora y en la hora de nuestra muerte. Amen.
在这个有人去世的时刻 阿门
Hey, I haven't seen Alex since she yelled at us.
艾丽克斯吼我们之后我就没看见过她了
Is she okay up there?
她在楼上还好吧
Now that I think about it,
听你这么一说
it did sound like she was crying a minute ago.
我好像刚才有听到类似她在哭的声音
We should check on her. This is classic Alex.
我们应该去看看她 她每次都这样
She's criticizing how we're processing Nana's death
她指责我们对待外婆去世的方式有问题
because she doesn't know what to do with her own feelings.
因为她不知道怎么处理她自己的感情
Meanwhile, she's taking it harder than anybody.
而且其实她比任何人都看得重
-Get out! - Oh, that's not good.
-出去 -惨了
Do you remember when, um,
你记得小时候
she wouldn't pay for my voice lessons
她不肯出我的声乐课学费
because she said she wanted to save the money
因为她想把那钱省下来
in case I ended up with Dad's nose?
以防我最后长了和爸爸一样的鼻子
You know, we -- we could stick to nice stories today.
我们今天可以一直说好故事的
Mom was a real person. She was flawed.
妈妈是个真实的人 她也有缺点的
She made me wear pants to prom.
她让我穿裤子去毕业舞会
She said it would "slow down"
她说这样
whatever mistake I was about to make.
我不管要"犯什么错"都能拖慢速度
Well, I guess I never brought out that side of her.
可能我从来不会引出她的那一面
Or maybe you just let her get away with everything.
也可能是你总是什么都不跟她计较
- I -- - Trick or treat!
-我 -不给糖就捣蛋
Happy Halloween!
万圣节快乐
What are you -- What are you supposed to be?
你 你扮的是谁啊
I was gonna go as a unicorn...
我本来想装扮成独角兽
...but then I decided to be pajama girl.
但后来我决定扮成穿睡衣的女孩
That was two weeks of sewing well spent.
缝了两周白缝了
Well, kids don't always appreciate
小孩子总是不了解
what moms do for them.
妈妈的苦心
Moms can be controlling.
妈妈可能控制欲太强了
Well, sometimes moms don't want
有时妈妈不想
their daughters to embarrass themselves.
被自己女儿丢人现眼
Embarrass?
丢脸
Like throwing a surprise moon goddess party
就好比给女儿第一次例假
for their daughter's first period?
举办一个惊喜的月亮女神聚会吗
It was a celebration of your womanhood!
那是为了庆祝你开始成长为女人
Every year I say I'm not coming back to this house.
每年我都说不要来这家
Okay. Just today -- Oh, God.
好吧 就今天 天啊
Just -- Just today, could you not harp
就 就今天 能不能
on how awful Mom was to you?
不要唠叨妈妈对你有多不好
She would have done anything for us!
她是愿意为我们做出任何牺牲的人
Mitchell, just because Mom is dead
米奇尔 妈妈去世了
doesn't make her a saint!
并不代表她就是圣人
‭What?
什么
You're scaring the kids.
你吓到孩子了
Ugh. What is wrong with me?
我有什么问题啊
Nothing is wrong with you.
你没问题
You're just a freak that gets turned on by tragedies.
你只是个因为悲剧而产生性欲的怪胎
Oh, my God. Is that why I'm dating a firefighter?
天啊 这就是我和消防员交往的原因吗
Oh, I hope I'm more to you than that, babe.
宝贝 我希望我对你来说不止如此
By the way, there was a plane crash in Tustin.
顺便说下 塔斯廷发生了一起坠机事件
You know, there's a deep psycho-spiritual connection
性和死亡之间
between sex and death.
有非常深的心灵联系
Look at Freud. Thanatos, Eros --
看看弗洛伊德 死神塔纳托斯和爱神厄洛斯
locked in an eternal struggle.
困在永久的挣扎中
How do you know any of those words?
你怎么知道这些词汇的
I don't know.
我不知道
Maybe I remembered something from school somehow.
可能我莫名其妙记住了学校学的东西吧
They say everything you've ever heard
有人说你听到过的所有东西
is locked in your brain somewhere.
都存在你大脑里的某处
Another fun fact --
还有个有趣的事实
your brain burns 20% of the calories you consume.
你所摄入的卡路里 有20%会被大脑消耗掉
My burrito!
我的玉米煎饼
Another one?
又吃一个吗
Oh, my God.
天啊
I think your brain is finally working
我想你的大脑终于运转了
because, for the first time ever,
因为有史以来你第一次
you're not starving yourself.
没有饿着自己了
That is a credible hypothesis.
这是个可靠的假设
Huh. Eating, are we? Mm.
吃东西呢
You didn't happen to grab an Italian hero
你们没有刚好把一个意大利英雄三明治
out of the fridge, did you?
给拿出冰箱吧
Nope, but that sounds delicious.
没 但听起来很好吃的样子
I'd go to town on an Italian hero right now.
我愿意现在去生吞一个"意大利英雄"
That's funny, 'cause Alex just finished --
有意思 因为艾丽克斯刚"生吞"了...
I will rip your tongue out.
我会把你的舌头扯掉
Oh, my gosh.
天啊
What was I thinking coming to West Hollywood
我想什么呢 在万圣节的晚上
on Halloween night?
来西好莱坞
Give the horn a rest. The parade's going by.
别按喇叭了 有游行经过
You're gonna be sitting here a while.
你们得在这儿待一会儿了
Sorry, Officer.
对不起 警官
I don't get down to this part of town that often.
我不常到这块儿
That's -- That's not a real cop, right?
但那 那不是个真警察 对吧
Uh...mm, no.
不是
You know, I'm impressed you're still wearing that dress.
真佩服你还穿着那件裙子
Oh, well, I'm wearing two pair of Spanx
我穿着两条塑身裤
and was on a diuretic for 48 hours.
为了不尿尿 提前48小时开始服用利尿剂
As we say where I'm from,
在我出生的地方 我们说
you don't teach your dog to play the banjo
你不会教你的狗弹班卓琴
and then skip the talent show.
然后不去参加才艺表演
Oh, man.
天啊
This ice cream is gonna melt.
冰淇淋要化了
Well, grab a spoon.
拿起勺子吧
- Somebody should enjoy it. - Yeah.
-总得有人来吃 -没错
You know, we've been so focused on Mitchell and Claire,
我们太关注在米奇尔和克莱尔身上了
I haven't had a chance to really...
我都没有机会真正缅怀...
Yeah. I know.
First time I met her, she threatened to murder me
我第一次见她 她威胁我说
if I ever made her son unhappy. ‭
要是我敢惹他儿子不开心就杀了我
Went into pretty graphic detail --
而且还说得十分详细
described how she'd get rid of my body and everything.
描述了她要怎么处理掉我的尸体之类的
‭I was like, "Wow,
我的反应是
this woman will never trust me."
"这个女人永远都不会信任我的"
That's so her.
这太有她的风格了
Then one time, she overheard me talking
还有一次 她不小心听到我谈起
about drinking dandelion wine with my -- with my grandma.
我和我奶奶喝蒲公英酒
She went over to the kitchen cabinet
她直接走到橱柜那
and pulled out a bottle.
拿出了一瓶
Apparently, she had an aunt
原来她有一个阿姨
that taught her how to make it.
教会了她怎么酿这种酒
And we sat there at the kitchen table
我们就坐在厨房的桌子旁
drinking and swapping stories
喝着小酒 互相讲述着
about growing up in the boondocks.
在村里长大的童年故事
The wine made me go blind for a bit, but...
虽然那私酿酒害我失明了一会儿 但是
...I'll never forget her voice,
我永远不会忘记她的声音
slurring in the darkness,
在黑暗中低喃
telling me she understood why Mitchell loved me.
告诉我她懂为什么米奇尔爱我
I remember dropping Haley off at school
我记得第一次送海莉
for the first time.
去上学的时候
Her staring at me with those giant eyes,
她大大的眼睛凝视着我
her lips quivering, crying for me to stay.
嘴唇颤抖着 哭喊着让我留下
And I, uh...
而我
I told her everything is gonna be all right,
我告诉她一切都会好的
and then I stagger back to my car and I start crying.
然后我跌跌撞撞地走向自己的车 开始流眼泪
Oh, gosh.
我的天
And you know who was there waiting for me?
你知道谁在那等我吗
Well, if it's not Dede,
要是不是迪迪的话
it's kind of a touching but pointless story.
这就是个感人但没什么意义的故事了
It was Dede.
是迪迪
She knew it was gonna be a hard day for me.
她知道那天我会很不好受
I can't believe she's gone.
我不敢相信她走了
I'm gonna miss her.
我会想她的
Me too.
我也是
- To Dede. - ‭To Dede.
-敬迪迪 -敬迪迪
Okay, you want to talk? Let's talk.
你想谈 那我们就来谈
I know that you never liked me.
我知道你从来没喜欢过我
And I was always nice.
而我一直都很友好
Okay, fine, one time,
好吧 有一次
I did use your toothbrush on Stella.
我确实给斯黛拉用了你的牙刷
But mostly I admired you for raising
但是大部分时候 我都钦佩你
such wonderful children and for helping make Jay
养育出这么优秀的子女 并且让杰
the amazing man that I fell in love with.
成为了一个我深爱的好男人
I guess I never thanked you for all of that.
我想我从未因此向你表达过感激
So, if you can hear me now,
所以 如果你现在能听到我
thank you.
谢谢你
And can you please tell Rosa Garcia
另外能麻烦你也告诉罗莎·加西亚
to stop haunting me, too?
别来缠着我了吗
And Marta Blanco,
还有玛尔塔·布兰科
Marisol Gutierrez, and Cecilia Matos?
玛莉索·古铁雷斯和塞西莉亚·马托斯
Gracias.
谢谢
Look, I'm sorry.
听着 我很抱歉
I think I've been trying to make Mom into the bad guy.
我好像一直想把妈妈说成是坏人
It's not gonna make it any easier.
但这并不能缓解她去世带来的悲痛
That's not it. I... I just feel so guilty.
不是这样的 我觉得很内疚
Why?
为什么
Because sometimes,
因为有的时候
I was as mean to Mom as she was to me.
我对妈妈很刻薄 就像她对我一样
She was just hard on you
她对你那么严格
because sh-she believed in you so much.
都是因为她太相信你能成才了
Why do you always have to defend her?
你为什么总是维护她
Because I loved her! I...
因为我以前爱她 我
I can't believe I'm saying that in the past tense.
真不敢相信我已经开始用过去式来说她了
I -- I'm sorry that I had a better relationship with her.
我 我很抱歉我和她的关系更好
And I'm -- I'm sorry that it bothered you, okay?
如果这让你不爽了 我很抱歉
You have a better relationship with Dad,
你和爸爸关系更好
and I know he loves me just as much.
但我知道他也像爱你一样爱我
Yeah, and when Dad dies,
当爸爸去世的时候
he's gonna leave knowing how much I loved him.
他会带着我对他深沉的爱离去
I'm not sure Mom knew that.
我不确定妈妈知道我爱她
Of course she did.
她当然知道
Really?
真的吗
Because unlike you, the last time I talked to her,
因为不像你 我上次和她聊天的时候
we got in a huge fight.
我们俩大吵一架
You get to remember telling her you loved her and laughing,
你能记住你告诉她你爱她 还有欢声笑语
and I get to remember getting in some stupid argument
而我只能记住我们因为一个脸书帖子
about a Facebook post.
胡吵一通
The one where she said putting eucalyptus oils
她说把桉树油抹在脚底板上
on the soles of your feet is a natural birth control?
能自然避孕的那个吗
Yes. Yes.
没错 是的
That's the one. And you have
就是那个 而且你有个
a 12-year-old daughter who reads those posts --
12岁的女儿会读那些帖子
you might want to tell her that's not science.
你最好告诉她那不科学
Okay, okay, remember that last amazing conversation
好了 记得我和妈妈最后那场
- I had with Mom? - Oh, for God's sakes.
-超欢愉的谈话吗 -你可饶了我吧
I'm sorry, but there's no other way to describe it, okay?
对不起 但是没有别的方式表达了
She told me about your fight, and she --
她给我讲了你们吵架的事 她还
she told me how upset she was.
她告诉了我自己有多难过
She -- She said she was gonna call you to apologize.
她 她说她会给你打电话道歉
Oh, my God.
天啊
She left me a voicemail a couple days ago,
前几天她给我语音信箱留了言
but I was saving it till the next time
我没听 我一直存着
I had to yell at somebody at work.
等想在公司骂人时 改为骂她
Okay.
Hey, honey. It's Mom.
亲爱的 是老妈
I just want to apologize.
我就是想跟你道歉
I should not have lost my temper.
我不应该对你情绪失控
Shaman Phoenix Feather's family-planning advice
凤凰羽萨满的避孕方式
may not be for everyone,
可能不是所有人都适用
and you just want to keep your daughters safe.
而你也只是想保护自己女儿的安全
I get it.
我能理解
‭I have a daughter of my own,
我自己也有亲生闺女
and I know how much she means to me.
我懂女儿能对自己有多重要
Anyway, I'm sorry. I love you, and I always will.
总之 对不起了 我爱你 我也会永远爱你
I love you, too, Mom.
我也爱你 老妈
Also, I saw your new photo on social media.
对了 我看到了你在社交媒体新发的照片
Are you part of some protest
你是加入了什么抗议活动
where you're not allowed to wash your hair?
要不洗头来表达抗议之类的吗
Or are you just trying to be --
还是你只是想要...
I'm gonna listen to that later.
接下来的我等之后听吧
Weird hearing her voice.
听到她声音感觉好怪啊
Oh, Daddy.
老爸
You already know this, but I want to say it again.
你已经知道了 但我还是想告诉你
We both love you so much.
我们俩都超级爱你
Yeah. And I know we've -- we've had our ups and downs,
我知道我们之间有过好与不好的时光
but I've loved being your son.
但我一直很喜欢当你的儿子
Hmm. ‭Are you...
你们这样...
buttering me up 'cause you ate my sandwich?
跟我说好话 是因为偷吃了我三明治吗
‭What is wrong with you?
你是有什么毛病啊
Seriously. What is this obsession with a sandwich?
真的 你这么揪着这三明治的事不放是干嘛
I waited in line!
我辛苦排了队
I was thinking about it for months!
我想着要吃好几个月了
You know who would get this?
你知道谁会懂我的纠结吗
Dede. That woman appreciated a good sandwich.
迪迪 这女人懂得欣赏一个美味三明治
And she made the best ones, you know,
而她做的三明治天下第一好吃
when we were first married.
我们刚结婚那会儿
In that little house in the valley.
还住在谷区的那个小房子里
And we didn't have any money,
那时候我们穷得叮当响
but she would go miles out of her way
但她会不辞千里
to get the bread with the crunchy crust
跑去买有美味脆边的吐司
from that French bakery.
是一家法式烘焙店做的
It was hard on the outside, soft and warm on the inside,
外表看起来坚硬 但内里柔软温柔
and she'd say, "That's just like you, Jay."
她会说"这吐司像你一样 杰"
She was nice to me back then.
她当年对我很好
Yeah.
是啊
It's funny, i happened to drive past there a while ago.
说来好笑 我不久前还开车经过那里
That bakery's not there anymore.
那家烘焙店已经不在了
And damn if I wasn't depressed for a week.
而我也因此难过了一周吧
You know, I didn't realize...
我以前一直没意识到
...how much it meant to me
它对我的意义
till it was gone, you know?
直到失去了才领会到有多重要
- Yeah. - ‭Yeah.
-知道 -懂
Look at that beautiful family moment.
看看这温馨的家庭景象
Yeah, look right at it.
是啊 正看着呢
I asked myself, "What would Nana want today?"
我问自己"奶奶今天会想要什么"
She'd want me to mess with Gloria.
她会想要我去整歌洛莉亚
Also, I ate Grandpa's sandwich.
还有 是我吃了爷爷的三明治
Oh, God. Jerry forwarded me an e-mail
天啊 杰瑞转发了一封电邮给我
from Mom's women's group.
是妈的女性互助组织的
I-I-I can't even read it.
我读不下去
- You do it. I... - Oh, okay.
-你来读吧 -好吧
Um..."Our sincere condolences
"我们为你们失去
on the loss of your loved one, Dede."
你们深爱的迪迪感到遗憾"
What happened to mom?
妈妈到底怎么去世的
Let's see.
我看看啊
"On the third night, Dede wondered away from the group and encountered
"在旅行的第三晚 迪迪脱离了队伍并遇到
a pack of starving tinder wolves."
一群饥饿的灰狼"
Oh my God, Mom.
天啊 老妈
"As you know, Dede long believed she could communicate with animals
"想必你们知道 迪迪一直相信她能与动物沟通
so using a mixture of howls and barks,
所以她通过狼嚎与吠叫
she convinced them to seek food elsewhere."
她成功说服了狼群去找别的食物"
Guess that wasn't it, let's see.
看来这不是死因 我往下看
"Later she ignored a thin ice sign and plunged."
"之后她没注意薄冰警告并跌入水中"
Hang on, "saved by one of the wolves.
别急 "但被狼群里的狼给救了
She deeply offended a tribe of inuits
她深深惹怒了一个爱斯基摩人部落
by interrupting a secret dagger...
因为她打扰了圣物匕首的安宁
Briefly swallowed by whale..."
还曾被鲸鱼所短暂吞噬"
Wait, here it is. "On the trip's final morning,
等等 是这段 "在旅途的最后一天早晨
Dede was found in her room.
她被人在房中所发现
She had apparently passed peacefully in her sleep.
原来她在睡梦中安详地离开人间了
As a smile graced her face.
她的遗容带着一抹微笑
and her hands clutched 10 pages
手里抓着写了10页的
of suggestions for the hotel staff."
对酒店员工的建议函"
That is so mom.
太像她会做的事了
Easy.
你悠着点