非洲是沉睡的巨人——而我在尝试唤醒它 Adeola Fayehun: Africa is a sleeping giant -- I'm trying to wake it up

上映日期: 0

语言:

影片类型:

导演:

演员: Adeola Fayehun


台词
What's up, people?
大家都好么?
First of all, I cannot believe I'm on TED Talk.
我不敢相信自己正在做 TED 演讲。
This is a big deal.
这可是个大事儿。
Because right now,
因为现在
everybody in my village is watching this.
我们村所有人都在看这个演讲。
And so, of course, my bride price just went up.
当然,我的聘礼也水涨船高啦!
My name is Adeola Fayehun.
我叫阿迪奥拉·法伊罕 (Adeola Fayehun),
I'm from Nigeria.
来自尼日利亚,
I live in the US,
现居美国。
I'm a journalist, or a comedian,
我是个记者,也是喜剧演员、
or a satirist,
讽刺家,
anything you want me to be, really.
你想让我是什么就是什么。
I'm every woman, it's all in me.
所有女性的社会角色 都能在我身上找到。
I host a YouTube show called "Keeping It Real with Adeola."
我有个叫《与 Adeola 一起认清现实》的 YouTube 节目。
Now this show is a gentle, respectful and very blunt way
这个节目用温和、尊重, 但又非常直率的方式
of calling out corrupt African leaders.
揭露贪腐的非洲领导人。
(Video) President Buhari: I don't know which party my wife belongs to,
(视频)布哈里总统: 我不知道我妻子隶属哪个党,
but she belongs to my kitchen.
但是她属于我的厨房。
Adeola Fayehun: Oh, my God!
Adeola Fayehun:哦,老天爷!
I need some water --
我需要水——
I said I need some water!
我都说了我要喝水!
See?
看到没?
I basically keep it real with them, ha!
我就想让他们认清现实,哈!
Especially when they mess up, which is a lot of times.
尤其是他们搞砸了的时候。 这种情况还挺多。
If any African official is watching me, by the way,
顺便说一下, 如果有非洲官员看这个演讲的话,
I'm not talking about you, sir.
先生,我说的不是您,
I'm talking about your colleagues, yes.
而是您的同事。
I do this because Africa has everything in it to be great.
我这么做是因为 非洲拥有所有发展进步的要素。
You know, I grew up believing
我从小到大都相信
that Africa as a continent is a giant.
非洲大陆是个巨人。
We've got skills, intellectuals,
我们拥有技能和才智。
natural resources more than any other continent.
自然资源也远多于其它大陆。
Africa supplies 31 percent of the world's gold,
非洲出产全球 31% 的金子、
manganese and uranium,
锰和铀,
57 percent of the world's diamonds
全球 57% 的钻石
and 13 percent of the world's oil.
和 13% 的石油。
We have no reason to depend on aid
我们没理由要依靠援助,
or borrowing money from China or the World Bank.
或从中国或世界银行借钱。
But without good leaders,
但是没有好的领导人,
we're like an eagle that has no idea it could fly,
我们就像不知道自己可以飞的老鹰,
let alone soar.
更别提翱翔了。
Africa is a like a sleeping giant.
非洲就像一个沉睡的巨人。
Now the truth is, I'm trying to wake up this giant,
现在我试图唤醒这个巨人。
and that's why I air the dirty laundry
因此,我会把掌管巨人的 那些人的丑事
of those in charge of the giant.
抖出来——
Our politicians, our religious leaders,
我们的政客和宗教领袖。
with huge respect, of course,
当然我是心存尊敬的,
because more than anything else,
因为非洲领导人最爱的
African leaders love to be respected.
就是被人尊敬。
So I give it to them in doses.
所以我给够他们尊敬。
On my show,
在我的节目里,
I kneel for them -- ha! --
我跪拜他们 —— 哈!——
I call them my uncles, my aunties,
我管他们叫叔叔、婶婶,
my fathers in the lord,
尊敬而神圣的长辈。
and then --
然后,
I insult them for insulting our intelligence.
我因为他们羞辱我们的智商 而反过来羞辱他们。
And it's because we are tired
因为我们厌倦了
of the hypocrisy and false promises.
表里不一和虚假的承诺。
For example,
比如,
the Nigerian president vowed to end medical tourism
尼日利亚总统承诺 通过修缮国内老旧的医院,
by fixing our dilapidated hospitals
并建造新医院
and building us new ones.
来终结医疗旅游业。
But what did he do?
但他做了什么呢?
He spends three months receiving treatment in London in 2017.
2017 年,他在伦敦接受了 为期三个月的治疗。
We were without a president for three months.
我们的国家 整整三个月都没有总统!
We were president-less for three months.
三个月无总统!
So then it becomes my job to call out the President,
所以,我就要戳破这件事。
with respect, of course.
当然了,我是充满敬意的。
I said, "Ha, Mr. President, it's your girl, Adeola.
我说:”哈,总统先生。 我是你的国民,Adeola。
You know how I do, how you doing?
您好呀!
You have no shame."
您真不知羞耻。”
I forgot to add "sir."
我忘了说“先生”了——
"Sir, you have no shame.
“先生,您真不知羞耻。
(In Yoruba: You have no fear of God.)
(约鲁巴语)
You have no fear of God."
您对上帝没有敬畏。”
Thirty-five thousand Nigerian doctors are presently working in the US,
3 万 5 千名尼日利亚医生 目前在美国、
the UK and Canada,
英国和加拿大工作,
doing amazing things,
做着伟大的事情。
because in Nigeria, they are not well-paid,
因为在尼日利亚,他们工资不高,
neither do they have the necessary equipment
也没有医生所需的
to do the job of being a doctor.
必要设备。
And this is happening in many African countries.
很多非洲国家都有同样的情况。
We have the capacity to fly.
我们有飞翔的能力。
But sadly, a lot of African talent is flying straight out of Africa
但遗憾的是, 很多非洲人直接飞出了非洲,
to other continents.
去往其它大陆。
For example,
比如,
this Nigerian doctor operated on an unborn baby
这位尼日利亚医生
in Texas.
在德克萨斯州 为未出生婴儿做手术。
Also, this Nigerian doctor
而这位医生发现了
discovered the neurological effects of concussion on athletes.
脑震荡对运动员的神经学影响。
And many countries have African athletes
很多国家有非洲裔运动员
winning the gold medal for them.
为它们效力并赢得金牌。
The interesting thing is,
有意思的是,
we're waiting for God to fix Africa.
我们在等待上帝拯救非洲。
Like, for real, it's not a joke, we are, we're waiting for God.
这不是个笑话。 我们真的在等待上帝。
I mean, just look at the president of Burundi.
就看看布隆迪共和国总统。
He's jailing journalists and opposition members,
他囚禁记者和反对派人士,
but he declared national day of prayer
但是他同时又宣布设立国家祈祷日。
so that people could pray for God to fix the country.
这样民众就能向上帝祈祷 解决布隆迪的问题。
And I'm like, shouldn't he be fixing the country?
我就不明白了, 不应该是他处理国家问题么?
Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no.
哦,不,不,不,不,不,不,
We want God to fix it.
我们想让上帝解决。
Do you see what I have to deal with?
你们知道我需要应付什么了吧?
I'm telling you,
我很确定,
thunder is getting ready to hit these politicians some day.
这些政客总有一天会被雷劈。
We are better than this.
我们原本可以做得更好
I want our leaders to start taking responsibility
我希望我们的领导人开始负起责任。
and stop putting everything on God.
不要所有事都靠上帝。
God has given us everything we need.
上帝已经给了我们所需的一切。
It's right here, let's use it.
都在这儿,让我们用起来!
But here's the thing, my favorite part of what I do
但是重点是,我最喜欢
is featuring Africans doing amazing work,
展现非洲人的惊人之举。
ordinary people touching lives.
普通人改变人生。
Like this Kenyan woman, Wangari Maathai,
比如这位肯尼亚妇女 旺加里·马塔伊。
the first African woman to receive the Nobel Peace prize,
她是第一位获得 诺贝尔和平奖的非洲女性。
for standing up for human rights
她挺身维护人权,
and planting a million trees.
并种下了百万棵树。
Also this Zimbabwean woman,
还有这位津巴布韦妇女,
Dr. Tererai Trent,
特莱艾·特伦恩特博士。
who was married off at the age of 14
在她 14 岁时,家里人就把她嫁出去,
in exchange for a cow.
换了一头牛。
Yet, this woman taught herself to read and write,
但是她自学读写,
and she ended up on Oprah's show.
最后还上了奥普拉的节目。
Oh, Father, I want to be on Oprah some day.
哦,天父, 我也想有一天能上奥普拉的节目。
Today, this woman has built schools
现在,特伦恩特博士 为津巴布韦成千上万的孩子
for thousands of children in Zimbabwe.
建造了学校。
Also, popular British architect David Adjaye has designed
此外,著名英国设计师 戴维·阿德贾伊设计的壮观建筑
spectacular buildings around the world.
遍布全球。
And he's both Ghanian and Tanzanian,
他出生在坦桑尼亚。
so we know that it has to be the Ghanian Jollof rice,
所以肯定是因为他总吃
which he ate,
加纳烩米饭
that gave him the inspiration to design.
才有了设计灵感。
Ah, maybe it's the Nigerian Jollof rice,
也许他吃的是尼日利亚烩米饭,
because Nigerian one is better.
因为尼日利亚的更好。
Anyway, but that is what gave him the inspiration to become
不管怎样,这给了他灵感,
the great man that he is today.
让他成为今天我们看到的成功人士。
And while I have your attention,
既然各位在全神贯注地听,
I have one more thing to say,
我还有一件事要讲。
so please move closer.
所以请靠近一些。
OK, that's good, don't get too close, that's good.
可以了, 别靠太近,这样就好。
I don't like the way some of you
我不喜欢你们有些人
portray Africa.
描述非洲的方式。
Not all of you, just some of you.
不是所有人,只是你们有些人,
You especially.
尤其是你。
First of all, it's not a country, it's a continent.
首先,非洲不是个国家。 它是个大陆。
I do not know Paul from Uganda,
我不认识来自乌干达的保罗,
I don't know Rebecca from Zimbabwe.
也不认识来自津巴布韦的丽贝卡。
Nigeria is as far from Zimbabwe
尼日利亚和津巴布韦的距离
as New York is from France.
有纽约到法国那么远!
And it's not a bunch of naked people in need of Western charity.
而且非洲人也不是衣不遮体, 急需西方国家的救助。
You have it all wrong.
你完全搞错了!
Lions are not roaming our streets, OK?
狮子也不在我们大街上溜达,好嘛?
And I could go on,
我可以继续列举下去,
but you already know what I'm talking about.
但是你应该已经领悟我的意思了。
So while I try to do my job,
所以我做好我的事情,
trying to wake up the sleeping giant, Africa,
试图唤醒非洲这个沉睡的巨人,
so she could take her rightful place on the world's arena,
让她能够在世界舞台上 拥有应有的地位。
you can your bit, too.
你也可以做好你的事情。
Please listen more.
请更多地倾听。
Listen to your African friends
听非洲朋友讲话时,
without a preconceived notion
不要带着你认为 他们会说什么的
of what you think that they're going to say.
先入为主的观念。
Read African books.
读非洲的书。
Oh, my God, watch African movies.
上帝啊,看非洲电影!
Or at the very least,
或者最起码,
learn some of the names of our 54 beautiful countries.
了解非洲 54 个美丽国家的名字。
That's right, 54, baby, five-four.
没错,54,亲爱的,五十四。
Alright, y'all, it's been real,
好了,各位,很高兴讲了这么多。
and I'm keeping it real right up in here.
我在这儿努力以求真实。
Until next time, I'm going to see you all later.
下次见。
Peace out.
再见。