如何支持和赞赏在世的艺术家 Swizz Beatz: How to support and celebrate living artists

上映日期: 0

语言:

影片类型:

导演:

演员: Swizz Beatz


台词
Swizz Beatz: I got it.
Swizz Beatz: 我懂了。
So are you guys going to mute when I talk
那么我讲话的时候你们会闭麦,
so nothing interrupts it?
不会有人打断吧?
Voice: Uhh, yes.
画外音:啊,是的。
SB: Because once I'm in the flow, I like to stay in the flow.
斯维兹:因为通常我进入状态之后, 希望能保持住这种状态。
Having some type of support
在你进行创作时,
is very necessary when you are creative.
获得某种支持是非常必要的。
You know, there has to be something that's fueling that creativity,
必须有什么东西 来让你的创造力燃烧,
that's fueling that fire that you have inside.
让你内心的火焰继续燃烧。
My love for music and creativity starts way back, way back.
我对音乐和创意的热爱 从很久很久以前就开始了——
Back in the South Bronx where I grew up,
从我长大的地方,南布朗克斯
building 700, apartment 2E.
700 号楼, 2E 公寓。
I would go outside and all I would hear is music.
走到街上时,我听到的全是音乐。
You go around to the back park, the DJs are playing,
你走到后街的停车场, 看到 DJ 在打碟,
there's a basketball game going on,
有一场篮球比赛在进行,
but then you would look at the handball court,
然后你再看向手球场,
and that handball court would have an amazing graffiti mural,
旁边有一幅令人叹为观止的涂鸦壁画,
I don't know if it's from Keith Haring or Fab 5 Freddy.
我不知道那是出自 Keith Haring 还是 Fab 5 Freddy 的手笔。
I was instantly attracted to the creative.
我立刻被创造力深深吸引了。
Music has been my therapy since day one.
从一开始,音乐就是我的疗伤手段。
Anytime I get stressed out,
任何时候当我觉得压力过大,
I go to the arts, I go to creativity, I go to music.
我都会投身艺术、 投身创意、投身音乐。
Music makes people feel hugged, people feel loved.
音乐给人被拥抱的感觉、 被爱的感觉。
And then I remember one of my uncles saying,
我记得我的一个叔叔说过,
"You should get into producing," I'm like, "What's producing?"
“你应该当制作人。” 我说,“制作人是什么?”
You know, it started as a family-owned business,
拉夫·莱达斯娱乐公司(Ruff Ryders) 刚开始是一间家族企业,
because Ruff Ryders was created by my family.
是由我的家人创建的。
It gave you DMX, it gave you Eve,
它给你们带来了 DMX、Eve、
it gave you Drag-On, it gave you The LOX.
Drag-On、The LOX。 [ 均为著名嘻哈歌手 ]
I've gotten every accolade in music that one can get.
我把音乐界的所有奖项拿了个遍。
It just came to the point where it's like, "You know what?
然后到了某一刻,我就觉得, “ 你知道吗,
I'm no longer going to have fun with this unless I'm able to give back."
除非我能回馈什么, 否则我将无法继续追寻乐趣。”
You know, The Dean Collection started for me to create a museum for my family
“The Dean Collection” (迪恩收藏) 创立的契机,是我想为我的家庭和姓氏
and our name.
创造一间博物馆。 [ Swizz Beatz 姓 “Dean” ]
Something that my kids would have to be responsible
某件我的小孩需要负起责任、
to pass through generations.
代代相传的东西。
I said, "Wait a minute,
我说,“ 等一下,
The Dean Collection is not just for The Dean Collection,
迪恩收藏不只是为了迪恩收藏,
The Dean Collection is for everyone."
也是为了所有人打造的。”
There are some galleries now and places you walk in,
现在有些类似画廊的地方,
if you don't have 50,000, there's nothing to talk about.
如果你掏不出五万美元, 办画展就无从谈起。
And I felt that a lot of people were using that as an excuse
我觉得很多人在把这个当做
to exit art.
退出艺术的借口。
They feel that art is only for rich people.
他们觉得艺术只是 给有钱人玩的。
Whoa.
哇哦。
We've got to stop this, we've got to fix this.
我们必须停止并修正这种现象。
And that's what made me and my wife say,
于是我和我妻子都认为,
you know, we have to create an entry point to the younger generation
我们必须要为 还不了解艺术世界、
that didn't understand the art world,
还没有发言权的年轻一代
didn't have their seat at the table,
创造一个入口。
and then we started "No Commissions."
于是我们创办了 “No Commissions” (无委托费艺术展)。
It's a big event,
这是一场盛大的庆典,
you got 30-something-thousand RSVPs a night.
每晚有三万多人报名参加。
The drinks are free, the food is free,
饮料和食物是免费的,
the concert's free.
音乐会是免费的。
The education is free,
教育是免费的,
and I feel that education should be free.
而且我觉得教育 本就应当是免费的。
We went to Shanghai, we went to London,
我们去了上海、伦敦、
we went to Berlin,
柏林,
we did it right in my backyard in the South Bronx.
还在我南布朗克斯的后院里举办过。
You can come in to "No Commissions"
当你走进 “No Commissions”,
and get something for a couple of bucks,
花几美元就能买到作品,
or a couple hundred thousand.
你也可以花上几十万美元。
There's a tier for every person that has love for art.
每个热爱艺术的人 都能找到适合自己的消费层次。
And what we're doing is something totally different from a gallery.
而我们的做法和画廊完全不同。
The artists keep 100 percent of the sales.
销售收入 100% 归艺术家所有。
But what about after "No Commissions,"
但在 “No Commissions” 之后该怎么办?
how can you sustain, how can you move forward
怎样才能在不用担心 出卖灵魂的情况下
without having to be trapped to sell your soul?
继续维持,甚至进一步发展?
I was a part of the sale with my brother Sean "Diddy" Combs,
我的哥们 Sean "Diddy" Combs (吹牛老爹)购买的作品
the 21-million-dollar purchase,
以 2100 万美元成交时我也在场,
which made Kerry James Marshall
这次交易也让 Kerry James Marshall
the highest-selling African American living artist to today.
成为了今天仍在世的 作品售价最高的美国非裔艺术家。
I'm like, "Man, you just broke the record,"
我说,“兄弟,你刚破了记录。”
and the artist was like,
而艺术家则说,
"Yeah, I don't know whether to be happy or to be sad."
“是啊,我也不知道 该感到高兴还是难过。”
He first sold that work, it was under 100,000.
他最初卖出那幅画作时, 售价还不到 10 万美元。
So imagine a work that you made for under 100,000
想象一下,一件你卖了 10 万美元的作品,
is now being sold for 21 million,
现在正以 2100 万美元的价格成交,
and you had to sit home and watch this.
而你只能坐在家里看着,
And you couldn't even participate five percent.
甚至连 5% 都拿不到。
When you look at it,
仔细想想,
I'm a producer, I'm a songwriter,
我是一名制作人、词曲作家,
every time it's played on the radio,
每次在电台上播放我的歌,
I get paid.
我都能收钱。
Every time it's played in a movie,
每次在电影中播放我的歌,
I get paid.
我都能收钱。
Every time it plays, period,
每次播放我的歌,就这样,
I get paid.
我都能收钱。
Visual artists, they only get paid once.
而视觉艺术家,他们只收一次钱。
How, when paintings are sold and traded multiple times?
但画作会被多次出售、交易, 怎么会这样?
And that's that artist's lifetime work,
这可是艺术家的毕生心血,
that other people are making 10, 15,
而别人用它赚的钱是创作者收入的
sometimes 100 times more than the artist that created it.
10 倍、15 倍,甚至 100 倍。
So I created something called the Dean's Choice,
于是我创建了“Dean's Choice” (迪恩的选择)支持系统:
where if you're a seller,
如果你是卖家
or a collector,
或者收藏家,
and you bring in your work into, let's say, Sotheby's,
你把你的藏品拿到苏富比拍卖行,
there's a paper that's there that says, "Hey, guys, you know,
那里会有张纸说,“ 各位知道吗,
this artist is still living.
这位艺术家还在世。
You've made 300 percent on your investment
你和这位艺术家合作,
by working with this artist.
让你的投资获得了 300% 的回报。
You can choose to give the artist whatever you want of the sale."
你可以选择把拍卖所得的 任意数额转给这位艺术家。”
I think that even if five people did it,
我觉得哪怕只有五个人这么做,
it'll start to change everything in the arts.
这也会让艺术界的一切开始改变。
And this is happening in Europe already.
在欧洲,这种变化已经在发生了。
It happens in the music industry,
在音乐产业,这种变化
it's called publishing.
叫做版权。
And artists are able to survive,
这样一来,艺术家、
musicians are able to survive,
音乐家
years after years,
可以年复一年地
off of the residual income of their publishing.
靠版权的剩余收益维持生计。
So how can we take something that brings creatives together,
那么我们怎样才能 让创意工作者聚在一起,
and celebrate each other?
彼此支持和赞赏呢?
Myself and Timbaland have been working on this idea
我和 Timabaland(提姆巴兰) 研究一个叫做 “Verzuz” 的想法
called Verzuz for about three years now.
已经有三年了。
Then this trying time came,
然后碰到了这个艰难时期,
and everybody started going to social media
大家都跑到社交媒体上
to express themselves.
表达自己。
So what we did was I played my top songs,
于是我们做了一件事: 我表演我的热门歌曲,
he played his top songs,
他表演他的热门歌曲,
and we went on Instagram Live.
我们跑到 Instagram 上直播。
(Video) (Laughter)
(视频)(笑声)
Timbaland: You having fun?
Timbaland: 你觉得好玩吗?
This is so good for the culture.
这对文化真好!我们继续!
SB: A lot of people like to say "battle,"
斯维兹:很多人喜欢说“斗歌”(battle),
we pulled back off of that word "battle,"
但我们避开了 “斗” 这个字眼,
because we're battling enough in the world today.
因为在当今世界, 我们的斗争已经够多了。
We call it educational celebration.
我们把它叫做 “寓教于乐的庆典”。
I think we're on our ninth or tenth one.
我想我们已经直播了 九次或者十次了吧。
Me and Timbaland started out with 20,000 people.
刚开始时,我和 Timbaland 大约有 2 万名观众。
As of yesterday, 750,000 people in one room.
昨天,一个直播间里就有 75 万人。
So, we have this thing called the "Verzuz Effect."
我们看到了这种 “Verzuz 效应”。
And the "Verzuz Effect" is what happens to the artist
“Verzuz 效应” 是艺术家 对 Verzuz 做出贡献后,
after they contribute to Verzuz.
所经历的事情。
We can go to the Babyface and Teddy Riley.
比如 Babyface 和 Teddy Riley,
They both went up millions of views.
他们的直播观看数都涨了几百万。
Both of their songs reentered the charts.
他们两人的单曲都重归了榜单。
And then we look at the first ladies Verzuz,
再比如头两位 Verzuz 女性,
and both Erykah Badu and Jill Scott
Erykah Badu 和 Jill Scott,
have seven positions in the top 20 charts.
她们的作品在前 20 的榜单里 都占据了七个位置。
This is the Verzuz Effect.
这就是 “Verzuz 效应”:
You know, billions and billions and billions of impressions.
数以十亿计的点击量。
This is something I've never seen before.
我从来没有见过这样的事情。
And I felt that these artists are getting their flowers today,
我觉得今天这些艺术家们能收获鲜花,
which is a great thing, while they can smell them.
嗅到花香,是一件很美好的事。
This was personal for me,
这对于我个人也意义非凡,
because many a times I've been counted out,
因为我曾被排挤过无数次,
I've been hot and cold 100 times.
受到过上百次忽冷忽热的对待。
You still have to understand the business as an artist,
作为一名艺术家, 你也要多少了解一下如何做生意,
to elevate to your level that you deserve to be.
并提升到与你的艺术造诣持平。
Because most creatives, we're very emotional,
因为很多创作者,我们都很情绪化,
we're very "let somebody else handle that, I want to stick to this."
我们很想 “让别人处理那些事吧, 我只想埋头创作。”
But not only creativity is key, education is key,
但关键的不仅是创造力, 还有教育,
which is the reason why I went back to school
这也是为什么我在 30 多岁时
to sharpen my pencil in my mid-30s.
重返校园,重拾书本。
We have to know our business.
我们必须了解自己的行业。
But it's going to take us digging in a little deeper
但我们要钻研得更深一些,
and pulling out the knowledge that we need to prepare ourselves
挖掘我们所需的知识, 才能做好准备,
for this world that's waiting to take advantage of the creatives.
应对这个等着 占创作者便宜的世界。
Then we can make better choices,
然后我们就能做出更好的选择,
then we can end that conversation of artists dying poor.
我们就能终结“艺术家注定 终身贫困潦倒”的说法。
If we're not protecting the arts,
如果我们不保护艺术,
we're not protecting our future,
我们就无法保护我们的未来、
we're not protecting this world.
我们的世界。
Creativity heals us.
创造力能治愈我们。
What's these shades closing for?
这窗帘拉上是什么意思?
Time out.
就这样吧。
(Scoffs)
(笑)
Voice: I kind of like that. That was cool.
画外音:我挺喜欢的,太酷了。
SB: (Laughs)
斯维兹:(笑)