难民获得高等教育和就业的途径 Chrystina Russell: A path to higher education and employment for refugees

上映日期: 0

语言:

影片类型:

导演:

演员: Chrystina Russell


台词
Saida Aden Said: I still have this horrific image in my mind.
赛达·赛义德 (Saida Said): 我脑海中仍有这可怕的画面。
I could see people falling down,
我看到人们倒下,
gunshots.
到处是枪声。
I was so terrified.
我非常害怕。
Really, I was crying a lot.
我哭个不停。
Someone who knew my father and my mom grabbed my hand, and he said,
认识我父母的一个人 抓住我的手说,
"Let's go! Let's go! Let's go!"
“快跑,快跑,快跑!”
And I was like, "Where's my mom? My mom? My mom?"
我问,“我妈妈在哪? 我妈妈呢?”
Noria Dambrine Dusabireme: During nights we would hear shots,
诺里亚·杜萨比梅尔 (Noria Dusabireme): 晚上我们会听到射击声,
we would hear guns.
听到枪声。
Elections were supposed to happen.
本来应该进行选举的。
We had young people going in the street,
年轻人都走上街头,
they were having strikes.
他们在罢工。
And most of the young people died.
大部分年轻人都死了。
SAS: We boarded a vehicle.
赛达·赛义德: 我们上了一辆车。
It was overloaded.
它严重超载了。
People were running for their lives.
人们都在逃命。
That is how I fled from Somalia.
我就是这样逃离索马里的。
My mom missed me.
我妈妈非常想念我。
Nobody told her where I went.
没人告诉她我去了哪里。
NDD: The fact that we did not go to school,
诺里亚·杜萨比梅尔: 事实是我们不能上学,
we couldn't go to the market, we were just stuck home
我们不能去市场, 我们被困在了家里,
made me realize that if I got an option to go for something better,
这让我意识到如果 有更好的选择,
I could just go for it and have a better future.
我会立马抓住机会, 争取更好的未来。
(Music)
(音乐)
Ignazio Matteini: Globally, displaced people in the world
伊格纳西奥·马特尼 (Ignazio Matteini): 全球流离失所的人数
have been increasing.
一直在增加。
Now there are almost 60 million people displaced in the world.
现在世界上有将近 6 千万的人流离失所。
And unfortunately, it doesn't stop.
不幸的是,这种趋势仍在蔓延。
Chrystina Russell: I think the humanitarian community
克里斯蒂娜·罗素 (Chrystina Russell): 我觉得人道主义组织
is starting to realize from research and reality
从研究和现实中开始意识到,
that we're talking about a much more permanent problem.
我们讨论的是 一个相当持久的问题。
Baylie Damtie Yeshita: These students, they need a tertiary education,
贝利·耶希塔 (Baylie Yeshita): 这些学生需要高等教育,
a degree that they can use.
一个实用的学位。
If the students are living now in Rwanda,
如果一个学生现在 生活在卢旺达,
if they get relocated, still they can continue their study.
在搬迁之后仍然可以继续学习。
Still, their degree is useful, wherever they are.
无论在哪儿,他们的学位仍然有效。
CR: Our audacious project was to really test
克里斯蒂娜·罗素: 我的大胆计划是要检验
Southern New Hampshire University's Global Education Movement's
南新罕布什尔大学的 全球教育运动 (Global Education Movement)
ability to scale,
规模化的能力,
to bring bachelor's degrees and pathways to employment
把学士学位和就业途径
to refugees and those who would otherwise not have access to higher education.
带给无法接受 高等教育的难民。
SAS: It was almost impossible, as a refugee person,
赛达·赛义德: 作为一个难民,
to further my education and to make my career.
继续我的教育和事业 几乎是不可能的。
My name is Saida Aden Said,
我名叫赛达·亚丁·赛义德,
and I am from Somalia.
我来自索马里。
I was nine years old when I came to Kakuma,
我 9 岁时来到 卡库马难民营 (Kakuma),
and I started going to school at 17.
17 岁时开始上学。
Now I am doing my bachelor degree
如今我在 南新罕布什尔大学
with SNHU.
攻读学士学位。
NDD: My name is Noria Dambrine Dusabireme.
诺里亚·杜萨比梅尔: 我名叫诺里亚·丹布琳·杜萨比梅尔。
I'm doing my bachelor of arts in communications
我在攻读传播艺术学士学位,
with a concentration in business.
主修商科。
CR: We are serving students across five different countries:
克里斯蒂娜·罗素:我们服务 来自五个不同国家的学生——
Lebanon, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda and South Africa.
黎巴嫩,肯尼亚,马拉维, 卢旺达和南非。
Really proud to have 800 AA grads to over 400 bachelor's graduates
我们很自豪能拥有 800 名文科副学士 和 400 多名本科毕业生,
and nearly 1,000 students enrolled right now.
以及目前将近 1000 位在读学生。
So, the magic of this is that we're addressing refugee lives as they exist.
这个运动的奥秘在于, 我们会解决难民生活中的问题。
There are no classes.
没有课堂,
There are no lectures.
没有讲座,
There are no due dates.
没有截止日期,
There are no final exams.
也没有期末考试。
This degree is competency-based and not time-bound.
这个学位是基于能力的, 没有时间限制。
You choose when you start your project.
你可以自己选选择什么时候 开始你的项目,
You choose how you're going to approach it.
以及如何实现它。
NDD: When you open the platform, that's where you can see the goals.
诺里亚·杜萨比梅尔: 打开平台,你可以看到目标。
Under each goal, we can find projects.
在每个目标下面, 你可以看到项目。
When you open a project, you get the competencies
当你打开一个项目, 你可以看到
that you have to master,
你需要掌握的能力,
directions
项目指南
and overview of the project.
和介绍。
CR: The secret sauce of SNHU
克里斯蒂娜·罗素: 南新罕布什尔大学的诀窍是
is combining that competency-based online learning
结合基于能力的在线教育
with the in-person learning that we do with partners
和与合作伙伴的现场学习,
to provide all the wraparound supports.
去提供全方位的支持。
That includes academic coaching.
其中包括学术训练,
It means psychosocial support,
社会心理支持,
medical support,
医疗支持,
and it's also that back-end employment support
还有后端的就业支持,
that's really resulting in the 95 percent graduation,
而这切实地促成了 95% 的毕业率,
the 88 percent employment.
88% 的就业率。
NDD: I'm a social media management intern.
诺里亚·杜萨比梅尔: 我是社交媒体管理实习生。
It's related to the communications degree I'm doing.
它和我的传播艺术专业相关。
I've learned so many things out of the project and in the real world.
我从这个项目和现实世界中 学到了很多东西。
CR: The structured internship is really an opportunity
克里斯蒂娜·罗素: 结构化实习是
for students to practice their skills,
学生实践技能的很好机会,
for us to create connections between that internship
它让我们得以在实习和 以后的工作机会之间
and a later job opportunity.
建立联系。
(Music)
(音乐)
This is a model that really stops putting time
这种模式不以时间投入、
and university policies and procedures at the center
大学政策和流程当作重心,
and instead puts the student at the center.
而是真正的以学生为本。
IM: The SNHU model is a big way to shake the tree.
伊格纳西奥·马特尼: 南新罕布什尔大学模式是
Huge.
一场大变革。
It's a huge shake to the traditional way of having tertiary education here.
这对传统的高等教育方式 是一个巨大的冲击。
BDY: It can transform the lives of students
贝利·耶希塔: 它可以改变那些
from these vulnerable and refugee communities.
来自脆弱和难民社区的学生的命运。
NDD: If I get the degree,
诺里亚·杜萨比梅尔: 如果我拿到学位,
I can just come back and work everywhere that I want.
就可以回到家乡, 在任何想去的地方工作。
I can go for a masters confidently in English,
我可以自信地去 攻读英语硕士,
which is something that I would not have dreamt of before.
这在过去都是 我想都不敢想的事情。
And I have the confidence and the skills required
我有信心和所需的技能
to actually go out and just tackle the workplace
去面对职场,
without having to fear that I can't make it.
不用担心我做不到。
SAS: I always wanted to work with the community.
赛达·赛义德:我一直想 为这个群体服务。
I want to establish a nonprofit.
我要成立一个非营利组织。
We advocate for women's education.
我们推动妇女教育。
I want to be someone who is, like, an ambassador
我想成为一个大使,
and encourage them to learn
去鼓励她们学习,
and tell them it is never too late.
去告诉她们, 学习永远不会太晚。
It's a dream.
这是个梦想。