德雷尔一家 第一季 The Durrells Season 1 第4集: Episode 4

上映日期: 2,016

语言: 英语

影片类型: 剧情 / 传记

导演: 斯蒂夫·巴伦 / 罗杰·戈比

演员: 凯莉·霍威 / 乔什·奥康纳 / 米洛·帕克 / 卡勒姆·伍德豪斯 / 亚历克斯·吉奥古利斯 / 桥格斯·卡拉米霍斯 / 安娜·萨瓦 / 露西·布莱克 / 乌尔里希·冯·德尔·泽特 / 莱斯莉·卡伦


台词
ShinY
深影
What's the matter with you, Leslie?
你怎么回事 莱斯利
I have to live with you. What's the matter with you?
我得和你一起生活 你怎么回事
Well, I'm not sneery and prickly and I don't smell like feet!
我既不嘲讽别人 也不是暴脾气 更没有体臭
Have a ruddy bath, find a ruddy job and...
去洗个澡 去找个工作 还有...
ShinY
深影
change your personality!
改一改你的德性
You know what? I had more fun in that police cell than here.
你知道吗 我待在拘留所都比这里有趣多了
ShinY
深影
Ask yourself why,
问问自己为什么
because I've given you a loving and happy home.
因为我给了你一个有爱快乐的家
Maybe I'm not the happy kind.
或许我不是很快乐
Well, you're making us feel the same way.
你让我们也很不快乐
ShinY
深影
倾情呈现
翻译 Susu
ShinY
深影
翻译 暮狐狸
ShinY
深影
翻译 乔阿
翻译 钟小灰
压制 Virus Killer
特效及校对 Yatamisaki
时间轴 风中的鱼
德雷尔一家 第一季 第四集
Adolescents are all hard work, aren't they?
青少年都很难教育 不是吗
How was Larry at 18?
拉里十八岁的时候怎么样
Er... Like a tall, evil goblin, but sort of fun.
就像一个高大邪恶的妖精 但还算有趣
Whereas Leslie, who I love,
反观我喜欢的莱斯利
obviously, is a twit with a gun.
就是个喜欢摆弄枪的笨蛋
- What is this? - Oh, you don't want to know.
- 这是什么 - 你不会想知道的
- Oh, Margo has got a job, though. - Congratulations.
- 但是马戈找到工作了 - 恭喜
Companion to the Countess Mavrodaki.
去当马夫罗达琪伯爵夫人的女伴
Well, we all need someone to be with.
我们都需要别人的陪伴
If you mean Sven,
如果你是指斯文
I am tired of trying to break through his bloody shell.
我不想再试图去走进他的心房 太累了
Oh, but he's so handsome.
但是他很帅
Yeah, and wouldn't it be nice if, just once,
是啊 哪怕就一次 如果一个男人脱掉衣服后
a man could look good with
看上去还不错
his shirt off and want to share some thoughts?
还想分享一些想法 这样不是很好吗
Isn't love worth pursuing?
爱不值得追求吗
Is this bile?
这是胆汁吗
Who knows? Patients are full of surprises.
谁知道 病人都充满了惊喜
Don't change the subject.
不要转变话题
Yes, love is worth pursuing.
好吧 爱当然值得追求
你想打我的火鸡吗
Why is everyone shouting at me today?
为什么今天每个人都冲我大喊大叫的
你是来自那个混蛋的英国人家吗
Look, I know this is Greece,
听着 我知道这里是希腊
but you're gonna have to speak English.
但是你得说英语
Louisa.
路易莎
Sven.
斯文
Are you busy or just being rude?
你是在忙 还是没什么理由搪塞我
I'm busy.
我在忙
Do you have to be so secretive?
你要这么神神秘秘的吗
I've already got a son at home who
我家里已经有个儿子
is about to implode because he can't express himself.
因为不能表达自己而憋到内伤了
I just like my privacy.
我就是喜欢不被打扰
Right.
好吧
I just thought we knew each other well enough to pop by and say hello.
我还以为 我们熟到能过来转转 打个招呼呢
Well, sometimes a man is an island.
有时候人就是座孤岛
出自诗人约翰·多恩 1623年所作的《沉思录》第十七篇
It's 'no man is an island', you idiot.
是"没有人是一座孤岛" 你个笨蛋
Right, well, I'll get back to my family.
好吧 我要回家去了
Your principal function
你基本上要做的
will be to read to me, as my eyes tire easily.
就是读书给我听 因为我的眼睛容易疲劳
I know, mine are the same.
我知道 我也一样
Well, I hope not.
不会吧
No. Sorry.
不会 对不起
I was just trying to agree with you.
我是想同意你的话
My last job was a bit of a calamity, so I need this to go well.
我上一个工作有点糟糕 所以这个工作要做好
Demetrios used to read to me,
德米特里奥斯以前念给我听过
but his voice is rather unpleasant.
但是他的声音有点刺耳
It isn't and my name is Dennis.
不是这样 还有我的名字叫丹尼斯
He's still learning where to place the cutlery around the table.
他还在学怎么在桌上摆刀叉
So I am delighted to have you here as my companion.
所以我很高兴你来这里当我的女伴
Mowgli!
毛格利
迪斯尼动画片奇幻森林男主
Something's crawled into it.
什么东西在里面爬
It's two beautiful bats. Look.
看 是两只漂亮的蝙蝠
I don't want to see bats!
我不想看见蝙蝠
No more frigging wildlife out here.
别再把该死的动物弄这来了
They've got to go somewhere.
他们总得待在一个地方
Outdoors?
野外啊
Where they came from?
它们本来就住在野外
God!
One collects them, the other executes them.
一个收养它们 一个猎杀它们
I hate that turkey farmer.
我讨厌那个养火鸡的农夫
Crippenopoulos? Yes.
克利平欧普洛斯 是挺讨厌
Crusty. Vile.
脾气暴躁又卑鄙
- Money-grabbing weasel. - Is that his name?
- 见钱眼开的阴险鬼 - 这是他的名字吗
Crippenopoulos? No.
克利平欧普洛斯 不是
So why call him that, then?
那你为什么这么叫他
Because he's like the murderer Crippen.
因为他像杀人犯克利平
指20世纪发生的克利平医生杀妻案
I've added the Greek suffix "Opoulos"
我加了希腊语后缀"欧普洛斯"
希腊"Opoulos"后缀代表某某人后裔的意思
Because we're in...
因为我们...
Please find me some cleverer people.
请给我找几个聪明点的人吧
Oh, will you piss off upstairs and do your typing.
你能滚上楼去打你的字吗
I'm recharging my batteries,
在我等待稿件过审
while I find out if they'll publish my novel.
编册成书前 我要给自己充充电
That's a story in book form, with chapters.
故事成书还带章节的那种
I found some baby owls in the woods.
我在树林里发现了一些猫头鹰宝宝
And I've put the bats somewhere safe!
我已经把蝙蝠放到安全的地方了
Roger, shush. No-one likes a loud mouth.
罗杰 不要叫 没人喜欢大喇叭
亲爱的南希 我想你 就像太监想念...
So, are you a pain,
所以 因为你那个
because your so-called girlfriend is miles away?
所谓的女朋友在千里之外 还很痛苦吗
Are you one, because you'll never ever get another girlfriend?
你是因为再也找不到新女朋友 而很痛苦吗
他的睾丸
Bog.
上厕所
Who's there?
谁在那
Leslie!
莱斯利
Oh, come on!
不是吧
Get them out!
把它们弄出去
Leslie!
莱斯利
Leslie, I mean it!
莱斯利 我说真的
Leslie!
莱斯利
Help me!
救救我
Leslie!
莱斯利
Leslie!
莱斯利
嘿 英国人 你和你家的狗杀了我的火鸡
Here we go again. What?
又来了 什么事
Oh, my God, he's got rabies.
天啊 他得了狂犬病
钱 别走
我要补偿 不然有你好受的
Help! Help!
救命 救命
Help!
救救我
Larry?
拉里
Whoo! God!
天啊
Oh, darling. Oh!
亲爱的
- I want Leslie dead. - I'll deal with this.
- 我要杀了莱斯利 - 我会处理的
He's got to learn.
需要教训他一下
What's going on?
怎么了
No.
You've killed it.
你杀了它
It's only a bat, Gerry.
就只是个蝙蝠而已 格里
They're lovely.
它们这么可爱
All creatures are.
每个生物都是如此
Especially the ones no-one likes.
特别是那些不受待见的生物
Go on, then. Take your misery out on me.
继续啊 把你所受的痛苦都撒在我身上
A tent. For you to live in.
给你个帐篷出去住
In the garden until you
就待在花园里
start to appreciate the home and family life.
直到你开始学会感激这个家与家庭
So where are you intending to sleep?
那你要去哪里睡
Don't you...
你...
dare.
Get off!
放手
Sotos.
斯托斯
- Leslie. - English.
- 莱斯利 - 英国人
Can I stay with you?
我能和你们待在一起吗
德雷尔一家
Lady Marchmont watched Sir
马奇蒙特夫人看着
Timothy's hands dancing on the piano keys.
提摩西爵士在钢琴键上起舞的双手
Even the back of his neck was handsome.
就连他的后颈也看着如此潇洒
- How's it coming along? - Splendidly.
- 画得怎么样 - 非常好
You don't get any better, do you?
你已经好到极致了 不是吗
But Lady Marchmont's head was in turmoil.
但是马奇蒙特夫人的脑袋一片混乱
Well, it would be.
很有可能
So she asked for a cold
所以她要了条冷敷布
compress and took it with her to her room,
带去了她的房间
which tended, in any case, to be chilly.
至少会很凉爽
You're reading it like that, are you?
你就像这样读书的吗
Jealousy does not become you.
嫉妒可不好
Shall I bring you some easier fruit?
我给你换个简单的水果来画吧
You're a rude man.
你真没礼貌
Lugaretzia, if that's Greek for
鲁格勒斯雅 如果你说的是
"You're a dreadful mother",
"你是个糟糕的母亲"
I will make you clean out the pelican.
我就叫你去打扫鹈鹕的笼子
- Leslie is best child. - Yes.
- 莱斯利是最好的孩子 - 是的
I know you think Leslie is best child.
我知道你觉得莱斯利是最好的孩子
Now please go
现在麻烦你去叫
and ask Spiro to find him.
斯皮罗斯去找他
Well, I've run out of good books to read,
已经没有好书可以读了
so I might as well sort you out.
所以我得来找你
Sort me out? If you hadn't
找我 如果你
been so unkind to Leslie, he'd still be here.
对莱斯利友好一点 他就不会离开了
You're so shirty.
你心情太差了
I smell man trouble.
应该是男人的问题
If you mean Sven,
如果你是指斯文
as everybody seems so intent on
就算每个人都这么
shoving us together, he's clearly not interested.
想来撮合我们 他明显没兴趣
Well, he wouldn't be the first moody Swede.
他不是第一个喜怒无常的瑞典人
You're better off with a Finn.
你和芬兰人在一起会更好
Well, there weren't any Finns.
这里又没有芬兰人
Anyway, he seems to enjoy being...
不管怎么说 他似乎很享受当一个
strong and silent and... well...
强壮 安静 以及...
male.
具有男子气概的人
- So he's like Mr Darcy, in... - Yes,
- 他就像达西先生... - 我知道
《傲慢与偏见》中的傲娇男
I know what book Mr Darcy is in!
我知道达西先生是哪本书里的
Thank you.
谢谢
And for all the failings of English men,
尽管英国男人有诸多缺点
at least I understand them.
但起码我了解他们
And England.
也了解英格兰
Smug, tweedy old England?
自以为是 爱穿呢子衣服 老气的英格兰
Pudding Island?
布丁岛
What's wrong with pudding?
布丁怎么了
Leslie, eat.
莱斯利 吃点东西
Thanks.
谢谢
First... run round.
首先 跑圈
What?
什么
To eat, run round.
想吃饭 先跑圈
What? Run round the shack?
什么 围着这屋子跑
Bugger off.
别闹了
Darling, don't, supper's nearly ready.
亲爱的 别这样 晚餐要好了
Listen, this is important.
听着 这很重要
I have to get hold of better
我必须有更好的衣服
clothing or I won't get the boyfriend I want.
不然我得不到我心仪的男朋友
The Countess has gorgeous clothes.
伯爵夫人有很漂亮的衣服
A true boyfriend will love
即使穿着又脏又旧的麻布袋
you even if you're wearing a dirty old sack.
你真正的男朋友也会爱你
Mrs Durrell.
德雷尔夫人
Your son Leslie.
你的儿子莱斯利
- What's happened? - He is living with bad people.
- 发生什么了 - 他和坏人住在了一起
Oh, darling.
亲爱的
Please come home.
拜托你回家吧
No. You chucked me out.
不 你把我赶出来的
I know and it was wrong.
我知道我做错了
But you are way out of your depth with these men.
但是你根本不了解这些人
They're my friends.
他们是我的朋友
Well, at least let me come in and tidy.
至少让我进去收拾一下
- No. - Leslie!
- 不要 - 莱斯利
I don't know what's gone wrong between us.
我不知道我们之间出了什么问题
How can I make it better?
我要怎么做才能挽回来
I...
我...
I just can't seem to be happy.
我就是开心不起来
Mrs Durrell.
德雷尔夫人
- Kalispera. - Ah, good evening. Kalispera.
- 晚上好 - 晚上好
I come to arrest.
我是来拘捕犯人的
The gentlemen who live
住在这里的先生们
here don't seem to be at home. My son is just about to leave.
好像不在家 我儿子刚要离开
- Yes. I want him. - What? - Why?
- 我就是抓他 - 什么 - 为什么
But you can't do that! What's he done?
你不能这样做 他做什么了
Leslie?
莱斯利
I haven't done anything!
我什么都没做
I miss my bat, Lugaretzia.
我想念我的蝙蝠 鲁格勒斯雅
I'm going to give him a good send-off.
我要好好给它送行
Leslie's shorts.
莱斯利的短裤
Herete.
你好
Hello.
你好
My name's Margo.
我是马戈
Angel.
天使
You know, like an angel.
就像天使一样
So, er, you like to watch me at work.
你喜欢看我工作
Yes, I love gardening.
是的 我喜欢园艺
Killing turkeys is a serious crime.
杀火鸡是很严重的罪行
- He's bailed for a week. - Thank you, Officer.
- 他能保释一周 - 谢谢您 警官
It's so unfair!
这太不公平了
Sssh! You're only out on bail. They can arrest you again.
你现在只是保释而已 他们能重新逮捕你
It's outrageous. Why bother to respect the law?
太离谱了 为什么还要遵守法律呢
The farmer obviously thinks
很明显 那个农夫认为
we have tons of money and we'll roll over...
我们非常有钱而且会乖乖听话
You've always told me honesty is its own reward.
你总是告诉我诚实会有回报的
Well, it's not true. Is it?
并不是这样的 对吗
Leslie, just... come home.
莱斯利 回家吧
Lugaretzia's beside herself.
鲁格勒斯雅都要疯了
Larry's written you a very
拉里根据"瑞丁监狱之歌"
funny poem based on the Ballad Of Reading Gaol.
给你写了一首很有趣的诗
Well, we all miss you, darling, terribly.
我们都很想你 非常想
Well, I don't miss you.
我不想你们
Lady Margo, you are stunning.
马戈小姐 你美极了
Yes, Angel, I am. Very much so...
是的 天使 我是很美
I'm... I'm sorry. I'll take it off.
对不起 我这就脱下来
I'll have to tell the Countess.
我必须告诉伯爵夫人
What? No. Why?
什么 不要 为什么
The villa is her entire universe.
这别墅就是她的世界
She insists on knowing everything.
事无巨细 她都要知道
Please don't dislike me.
请不要讨厌我
I don't dislike you.
我没有讨厌你
But I am the Countess's guard dog, in human form.
但我只是伯爵夫人的人形看门狗
You're going to have me sacked.
你这样做我会丢饭碗的
She decides everything.
这她说了算
That's why it's the Villa Mavrodaki. Not the Villa Dennis.
所以这里叫马夫罗达琪别墅 不是丹尼斯别墅
They've charged him with threatening our local farmer, shooting,
他们指控莱斯利威胁当地的农民
letting our dog savage his turkeys
开枪 还让他的狗攻击农民的火鸡
and failure to pay compensation.
并且拒绝支付补偿金
A pack of lies! Is it a pack of lies?
一派胡言 是一派胡言吧
Of course it is.
当然
But he has to appear in court next week.
但他下周必须上法庭
I need you two to be our lawyers.
我需要你们俩当我们的律师
Is that wise? We are respectively a biologist and a taxi-driver.
这样明智吗 一个生物学家 一个计程车司机
Yes, but between you, you know everything and everyone.
没错 但一个什么都懂 一个什么人都认识
I couldn't find or afford anybody else.
我找不到也请不起别人了
I'm disappointed with you, Margo.
我对你很失望 马戈
But you seemed so easy-going.
但你看上去很容易相处
I thought you'd let me try on a dress.
你以为会让我试穿一条裙子的
I'd let you try on mine.
我也会让你试穿我的
I am relieving you of your duties, for gross disobedience.
我现在辞退你 因为你非常不听话
Do let me stay. My mother would be so sad.
请让我留下 不然我妈妈会很伤心的
I find adults very confusing.
我发现大人很难懂
Go now!
现在就走
Oh, but you're so serious, my dear.
你太认真了 亲爱的
Your face.
看你的表情
Have the dress.
收下这裙子吧
I hear it becomes you.
我听说你穿上这裙子很美
Now read to me.
现在给我读读书吧
We've a whole library to get through.
我们还有一整个图书馆的书呢
Oh... No, don't come now.
别 别现在来
- Well, speak. - Don't be angry.
- 说句话啊 - 你别生气
I come in peace.
我是心平气和来的
So it's OK for you to come and call on me,
所以你来找我就行
but not for me to come and call on you.
我去找你就不行是吧
I apologise. I...
我道歉 我...
I felt unsure.
我没有把握
Oh, you were feeling unsure?
你觉得没把握
What are you doing here?
你来这里干什么
I like it here.
我喜欢这里
And I like you.
我也喜欢你
So why do we argue all the time?
那为什么我们老是要争吵
Because, as a woman, you get upset.
因为作为一个女人 你会不开心
It's... tiring.
这很麻烦
Or, as a man,
还是说 作为一个男人
you don't tell me what you're thinking.
你总是不告诉我你在想什么
I mean, it is like talking to fog.
我就像在和空气说话
What do you want to know?
你想知道什么
What's stopping us?
是什么横在我俩之间
Is it me? Is it my... my children?
是我的问题吗 还是我的孩子
No.
不是
I like children,
我喜欢孩子
your children.
喜欢你的孩子
But it's true, I'm used to being on my own.
但说真的 我习惯了一个人
Perhaps change makes me anxious.
变化也许会让我不安
Well, no, that was good. Well, don't stop there!
别啊 你说得很好 别打住不说啊
So it is me.
所以是我的问题
Oh. Sorry.
不好意思
Whisky inside.
里面有威士忌
Locked.
锁上了
- Shoot. - Oh, should we?
- 开枪 - 我们应该这样做吗
I'm supposed to be on bail.
我还在保释期
Let's go and play some football...
我们走吧 踢足球去
Shoot.
开枪
Or we shoot you.
不然我们就朝你开枪
They're eating the queen.
它们在吃蚁后
Oh. How lovely.
真可爱
This is going to be our burial area.
这将作为我们的墓地
I had rather expected to be buried in England.
我还是希望能埋在英格兰
No. I mean, for my bat.
不 我是说蝙蝠的墓地
Could you please find me a Greek Orthodox priest?
你能给我找一个希腊正教牧师吗
The Countess gave me a dress!
伯爵夫人给了我一条裙子
Your job is not job.
你的工作根本称不上是工作
This is job.
这才是工作
It's actually hard work reading
书里大部分内容都是"他们气喘吁吁"的
love stories where the most they do is breathe heavily.
读爱情小说其实是件很辛苦的工作
I'm going to snip some pages out.
我要剪掉几页
When did anyone ever really "feel their heart skip a beat"?
什么人会真的"感到他们的心脏漏了一拍"
- I do. - All the time.
- 我会 - 总是这样
You should read the posh ignoramus my novel.
你该给那个"花瓶"伯爵夫人读我的小说
She's not an ignoramus. She has a huge library.
她可很有学问 有很多的藏书
Ooh, ask her to let me borrow from it.
那问问她我能不能借我几本
Oh, you're not so rude now.
你这会儿倒是讲礼貌了
- No. - But I've run out of books to read.
- 不行 - 但我已经没书可读了
You'd better write another one then.
那你最好再写一本
I'm still waiting for the first one to be accepted.
我的第一本还在等着审稿呢
I don't like it when she does that.
她那样时我就很不好受
No. Nor do I.
我也是
Who peed on my shoes?
谁在我的鞋里尿尿
Your mother.
你妈
These were very expensive.
这双鞋很贵
We went on a special trip to London to get them.
我们专门到伦敦去买的
I don't think we can be best friends any more.
我们无法再做朋友了
What do you think?
好看吗
Oh, my goodness.
我的天
That is so beautiful.
非常漂亮
Wearing this, I feel like I could do anything
穿着它 我觉着自己无所不能
and have any man.
没有拿不下的男人
Margo!
马戈
Oh, Leslie.
莱斯利
Oh, I am so worried about you.
我非常担心你
Stop, I'm all right.
不用这样 我没事
What's that smell?
这什么味道
My shoes.
我的鞋
德雷尔一家
That little bastard Creech!
那个混蛋克里奇又来了
Mrs. Durrell, good morning.
德雷尔太太 早上好
Oh. You.
是你啊
Your face looked like an overcast day in Bootle,
上次我们碰面时 你的脸色就像
the last time we met, so...
布特尔的阴天 所以...
英国利物浦一地名
I'm off the drink.
我戒了酒
Lost the beard.
刮了胡子
Bought a cravat. Ha!
买了条领巾
Thank you.
谢谢你
I'm here to invite you onto my yacht.
我是来邀请你去我的游艇上玩一玩
Sailing is one of the few things I do well.
航海是我擅长的几件事之一
Didn't he get drunk here
他是之前喝醉了
and you nearly shot him?
你还差点朝他开枪的家伙吗
Yes.
是的
Thank you and that reminds
谢谢 正好提醒了我
me why a trip out with you would be a bad idea.
与你同游不是个好主意
Mummy, we're starting.
妈 快开始了
- Ooh! Lunch? - A bat funeral.
- 午饭吗 - 一只蝙蝠的葬礼
This is grander than Dad's funeral.
这比爸爸的葬礼还隆重
What was Captain Creech doing here?
克里奇船长怎么在这
He was inviting me on his yacht.
他来邀请我乘他游艇出海
I said no.
我拒绝了
Say yes!
该答应啊
Stop fretting about Les.
别再烦莱斯利的事了
He'll always be a mess.
他也就这德性了
Let your hair down.
放轻松些
You have no idea about parenting, do you?
你对教养孩子真是一无所知
You're supposed to fuss. Idiot!
你才应该提心吊胆 傻瓜
And Gerry is grieving for this bat, of all things.
而你能想象吗 格里在悼念一只蝙蝠
Well, it's obviously a displaced sense of loss
这显然一种被取代的失落感
and not feeling connected and anxiety for his sibling.
缺乏与兄长们的沟通 还为他们担心
I know that.
我知道
I asked Theo to encourage him in the science of it.
我让西奥鼓励他多从科学的角度想
Death, life...
死亡 生命...
compost.
化为肥料
Compost?
肥料
But I'm very glad he's developing his spiritual interest, too.
但我也很高兴他开始对精神领域感兴趣
Well, maybe that's what Leslie needs.
或许莱斯利才需要这个
Oh, no. He'd take it too far.
不 他太极端了
He'd be frogmarching us all to the church at gunpoint.
他会让我们双手抱头 用枪逼着我们去教堂
Sven goes to the Greek Orthodox Church. He's a dark horse.
斯文就参加希腊正教会 他是匹黑马呢
I don't want to talk about him.
我不想谈他
He started talking. He started opening up about...
他开始跟我聊天了 开始敞开心扉...
liking children and, you know, and then he just walked away.
说他喜欢孩子之类的 然后就这么走了
But sod him. Because I have a captain friend
但让他见鬼去吧 因为我有个船长朋友
who has a big boat that he's taking me out on, on Thursday.
他有一艘大船 邀请我周四一同出海
Well, it's good you don't want to talk about him.
你不想谈及他也挺好的
In fact, if you could get
其实 如果你能让斯文
Sven to come to the harbour when I'm leaving,
在我走的时候来港口
I'll get hold of a stunning dress for the occasion.
我会穿一条超级漂亮的裙子出海
And I can watch his face as I step off that yacht.
我倒要看看我走下游艇时他什么表情
Was that the flicker of interest from him?
这究竟只是他被激起的一瞬玩味
Or were they really totally severely in love?
还是他们真的全身心地陷入了热烈的爱情
Mrs. Durrell to see you, Madam.
德雷尔夫人想见您 夫人
Sorry to bother you.
很抱歉打扰您
Margo left home with a sniffle
马戈今天离开家时哭哭啼啼的
and I wanted to check she's well.
我来看看她是否还好
Oh, by the way, I loved the dress you gave Margo.
对了 我非常喜欢您送给马戈的那身裙子
You have exquisite taste.
您的眼光非常独到
Thank you.
谢谢
And many, many dresses, I gather.
您的裙子应该也是很多吧
The truth is, like you, I'm a widow and...
其实和您一样 我是个寡妇而且...
well, I'm struggling.
家计艰难
I was wondering if you might have a spare frock for me.
不知是否可以给我条多余的裙子
Oh, of course.
当然
I'm sure we can find something for you,
肯定能为你找到条合适的
can't we, Demetrios?
不是吗 德米特里奥斯
Dennis.
我叫丹尼斯
Pack the purple gown for Mrs. Durrell.
给德雷尔太太把那条紫色长袍包起来
Now I know it's rather showy, but what do you think?
我知道这有点浮夸 不过你们觉得怎么样
Say if it's horrible.
如果难看就直说
Margo?
马戈
I thought I might wear it
我打算明天穿这件
on Creech's yacht tomorrow. For fun, you know.
去克里奇的船上玩 图个乐子而已
Well, yes. Why not?
可以啊 为什么不呢
I think you'll look nice whatever you wear.
你不管穿什么都很好看
Thank you, darling.
谢谢你 亲爱的
He hasn't got creatures up there as well, has he?
他不会把动物弄到楼上去了吧
- I couldn't see him. - Oh, well,
- 我找不到它 - 算了
he can join the others under the floorboards.
他就和地板下面其他的小伙伴玩吧
You're so generous, Theo. How can I thank you?
你真是太慷慨了 西奥 我该怎么谢你
The pleasure, as a fellow enthusiast, is all mine.
有你作为同道好友我也很高兴
The ancients embalmed their loved ones.
古代人会为所爱之人的遗体防腐
We could have pickled your bat in formaldehyde.
我们该把你的蝙蝠用甲醛泡起来的
I think that might scare my family.
那可能会吓到我的家人
Look, Mum, my Centre For Scientific Learning.
看 妈妈 我的科学学习中心
You don't need to nag me about education any more.
你再也不必唠叨我的教育了
Excellent. And eight times seven?
很好 八乘以七等于多少
Is it in the 50s?
五十多吧
Spot on, it's in the 50s.
完全正确 的确是五十多
I hope you're feeling relaxed about Leslie's court case.
希望你对莱斯利的案子感到宽慰些了
Oh, hardly.
并没有
It's a shame Leslie isn't one of us.
真遗憾莱斯利不和我们一样
My delight in molluscs saw me
我对软体动物的热爱
through a bumpy adolescence.
让我度过了坎坷的青春期
I know, I keep wondering
我知道 我一直在想
how I could have steered Leslie differently.
我本该把莱斯利教成另一番模样
Who knows? The experience may do him good.
谁说得准呢 历练或许对他有好处
They say a broken leg grows back stronger than an unbroken one.
有言道 挫折使人进步
You are wearing it on a boat?
你要穿这个去坐船
It's a yacht.
是游艇
Stop staring at it.
不准再盯着看了
Oh, no.
不是吧
Really?
真的吗
That's a yacht?
那是你说的游艇
Oh, I can't let the old fool down.
我不能让那个老傻瓜失望
So now you're not speaking. What's the matter?
这次你怎么不讲话了
I'm... I'm very drunk.
我... 我喝醉了
What?
什么
Why?
为什么
Why did you get drunk?
你为什么要喝醉
The sea... It's a bloody death-trap!
大海... 就是个死亡陷阱
I've seen too much.
我见得太多了
Since I retired...
自从我退休...
it... it haunts me.
它... 便在我心中阴魂不散
Take me back to shore.
带我回岸上
- Right now! - No.
- 马上回去 - 不
I know some sea shanties...
我知道些水手小调...
You dare sing one sea shanty and I'll...
你敢唱水手小调 我就要...
You... give me that.
你... 把那个给我
Give me that tiller right now!
马上把船桨给我
Oh, do you know how to sail?
你知道如何驾船吗
No. No, I can't sail!
不 我不懂驾船
But I'm a helluva lot more competent than you are at this moment!
但现在我他妈的比你合适多了
Good.
太好了
Help!
救命
- I can't swim! - You silly, silly man!
- 我不会游泳 - 你这个蠢货
You'll like this one.
这首你一定喜欢
O Blodwyn was a Welsh girl, she came from Cardiff city...
# 布洛迪是个威尔士女孩 她来自卡迪夫城... #
This was my chance to feel attractive.
这是让我感受自己魅力的机会
And not just like a bad mother!
而不是像一个坏妈妈
Thanks for nothing!
你真是帮了大忙
Don't go! We're having such a nice day.
别走 这一天多么美好
This is terrible. Don't let Louisa see you here.
这太糟糕了 别让路易莎看见你在这
No. I have to offer my sympathies.
不 我要向她表示同情
If you say anything nice, I'll cry.
如果你说什么好听的话 我会哭的
So, is nobody going to tell me
所以 没人打算告诉我
how Mother's yacht trip went?
妈妈的游艇之旅如何吗
The good news is that, if you're put in jail,
好消息是 如果你进监狱了
you'll be with my friend Kosti.
你会和我的朋友克斯提在一起
He's not going to jail. It's a ridiculous trumped-up charge.
他不会坐牢的 这莫须有的指控太荒唐了
This is Corfu. Anything's possible.
这儿是科孚 一切皆有可能
Isn't that why we like it here?
这不正是我们喜欢这儿的原因吗
This innocent young Englishman should not be standing here today.
这位无辜的年轻英国男孩今天不应该站在这
Not so innocent. Before,
他并不无辜 在此之前
he was in my police cell after a drunken brawl!
他还因为酒后斗殴进过警局的拘留室
Well, who among us has not
好吧 我们当中谁没有因为
- been arrested for drunken brawling? - Exactly.
- 醉酒闹事而被逮捕过呢 - 完全同意
除了我
He always carries a gun with him!
他总是随身携带一杆抢
Mr Durrell, is it true you carry guns?
德雷尔先生 这是否属实
Yes.
是的
Why?
为什么
Because the world is a dangerous place, Judge.
因为这个世界很危险 法官
Do you not make it more dangerous?
你能别让它变得更危险吗
莱斯利是最好的孩子 他是唯一和我用希腊语说话的人
虽然女朋友甩了他之后 就不学希腊语了
- In English, please. - The defendant...
- 请用英语 - 被告
如果那农夫淹死了 我不会救他的
把他丢进海里 我肯定会往下推他一把
把他的火鸡全杀了
Leslie isn't gifted or nuanced,
莱斯利并不是个天才 还大手大脚的
but he has got a kind of visceral doggedness.
但他有一种出自本能的顽强
Paradoxically, he loathes dogs.
矛盾的是 他讨厌狗
So he wouldn't go killing turkeys with Gerry's dog.
所以他不可能和格里的狗一起去射杀火鸡
No. Leslie is far more likely to shoot the turkeys...
根本不可能 莱斯利更有可能怎么去射杀火鸡呢
on his own.
他一个人
If my client killed your turkeys,
如果我的当事人杀了你的火鸡
as you say, where are the carcasses?
如你所说 那尸体在哪
He disposed of them.
他处理了那些尸体
You are wasting the time of the court if you have no evidence.
如果没有证据 你就是在浪费法院的时间
Excellent point.
很有道理
Thank you.
谢谢你
每个人都知道莱斯利跟斯托斯和弗缇斯这两个小混混住在一起
Leslie was living with Sotos and Fotis.
莱斯利跟斯托斯和弗缇斯生活在一起
他们一起用枪抢了仓库
Leslie was the one who shot off the lock.
莱斯利是那个射掉门锁的人
他射掉了门锁
谁还有枪
Order! Sit down.
肃静 坐下
He's an armed robber.
他是个劫匪
These are serious allegations.
这些指控相当严重
We will come back tomorrow.
我们明早再继续
德雷尔一家
It wasn't an armed robbery.
这不是一起持枪抢劫案
Except, I suppose, strictly speaking,
只是 我想严格来讲
I was armed and we did rob somewhere.
我带着枪械 也确实抢了那里
Oh, Leslie!
莱斯利
We only stole booze, we didn't shoot anybody.
我们只偷了些酒 并没有朝任何人开枪
Theo says the law here
西奥说 如果发现你有罪
is that you will go to jail if found guilty.
这儿的法律就会让你坐牢
Sotos and Fotis made me.
斯托斯和弗缇斯强迫我的
I couldn't look like a coward.
我不能像个懦夫一样
Lots of people have gone to
许多人都因为他们的信仰
前者为英国作家 诗人 散文家 因为同性恋而被判入狱后者为法国思想家 文学家 哲学家 因为讥讽摄政王奥尔良公爵被囚禁在巴士底监狱
jail for their beliefs, Oscar Wilde, Voltaire,
而进了监狱 奥斯卡·王尔德 伏尔泰
北美洲原住民民族苏族首领 与美军的战斗中获胜后 却被四处追捕 最终被抓获压入监狱
Crazy Horse, the Sioux Indian chief.
疯马 苏族印第安酋长
I don't believe in stealing cheap Greek whisky.
我不相信只是去偷窃廉价的希腊威士忌
Stop it!
住嘴
Why did I bring us here?
我为什么把全家带这来了
It could have happened to Leslie anywhere.
莱斯利在哪都一样
Where are you going?
你要去哪
It's about Leslie.
是关于莱斯利的
I've no right to ask
我没有权利要求你们
and... erm...
而且
well, you could argue that my son is no better than you,
你们完全可以争辩我儿子和你们一样坏
but he is barely an adult.
但是他才刚刚成年
And if you could say that he wasn't involved in the robbery,
如果你们能说他并没有参与抢劫
if you could do the noble thing and be lenient with him, then...
如果你们能做件好事 对他仁慈些
well, then...
那么
then maybe the judge would be lenient with you.
法官应该也会对你们从轻发落
Maybe.
也许吧
You're probably not allowed tins, are you?
你们应该不准吃罐头吧
- Kalimera. - Kalimera.
- 早上好 - 早上好
I am dismissing this case.
我要驳回这起案件
The defendant Leslie Durrell is clearly blameless.
被告莱斯利·德雷尔很明显是无罪的
The plaintiff shall give to the
作为补偿 原告应该给予被告
defendant six of his best turkeys in compensation.
六只最好的火鸡
Everyone is dismissed.
所有人离席
Except the Durrell family and legal representatives.
除了德雷尔一家和法定代表人
You are implicated in a more serious crime,
你被牵连进一桩非常严重的罪行
the armed robbery of the storehouse.
一起持枪抢劫仓库案
- Let me say this... - No.
- 让我说完 - 不
However, the co-accused, Sotos and Fotis,
然而 同案被告 斯托斯和弗缇斯
now claim that they acted alone.
声称他们是单独行动
For whatever reason.
不知道是什么原因
So there is no case to answer.
所以不需要答辩了
But he is at the top of a slippery slope.
但他现在处于危险的最边缘
Don't let him fall.
别让他堕落下去了
You see? Worry, it's overrated!
你看 担心过度了吧
No. Apparently, worry and parenthood are inseparable.
不 显然 父母是永远过度担心的
I am going to sleep for a week!
我打算睡上一个星期
Right. Everybody back to the house for supper.
好了 所有人一起回家吃晚饭
Nothing wrong with English cooking.
英国人的手艺准没错
Spiro, thank you.
斯皮罗斯 谢谢你
For your legal expertise.
谢谢你提供的法律知识
I think we know it was you who made the difference.
我们应该都知道是谁改变了局面
I don't know what you mean.
我不明白你什么意思
You sold your wedding ring to bribe those two thugs.
你为了讨好两个恶棍 卖掉了你的婚戒
Well, I offered shortbread.
我本来给了些酥饼
But it seems the modern criminal expects more.
但是看样子现在的罪犯要求更高
Don't ask.
什么都别问
Leslie.
莱斯利
Mother! My first proper wages.
妈妈 我的第一份正当工资
I'm going to invest in a feather boa.
我打算买一条女士长围巾
Well, everybody has to contribute.
每个人都要有贡献
So...
所以
invest in half a feather boa.
买半条的长围巾吧
That is outrageous.
这太过分了
How is the reclusive Countess, Margo?
这位隐居的伯爵夫人如何 马戈
I may be missing something,
我应该是错过了什么
but I find her rather sweet and jolly.
但我发现她更甜蜜快乐了
- Where are you going? - I'm not telling you.
- 你要去哪 - 我才不告诉你呢
But not the lavatory, in case you get any ideas.
但不是厕所 免得你又搞些小动作
There's something I want to say.
我是想说
Gerry, I know I complain about your creatures,
格里 我知道我一直抱怨你的小动物们
but, well, you're serious about
但是 你以后真的想从事
this animal business, aren't you?
动物相关的工作 对吗
Yes, I am.
是的
- Didn't we bury that? - Yes,
- 我们不是埋了它吗 - 是的
but I changed my mind and dug it up and stuffed it.
但是我后悔了 就把它挖出来填充成标本了
First, you remove the skin,
首先 你要剥他们的皮
then you rub non-iodised salt on it,
然后把非碘盐抹上去
then you take the head and you...
然后拿着头部 接下来你...
I want you to have my dress.
这条裙子我想送给你
Oh, Margo.
马戈
I can't.
我不能
It's yours.
它是你的
Is it bat?
这是蝙蝠吗
Theo, would you like to say grace?
西奥 你来做饭前祷告吧
Oh, yes, yes, of course.
当然 当然
I added a beard.
我加上了胡子
Lady Marchmont glimpsed Lord Tim in the distance.
马奇蒙特女士瞥见了远处的罗德·提姆
Was that the flicker of interest from him or...
是他的兴趣驱使 亦或是
Do I have to read this?
这段还要读吗
You do, if you want to borrow any books.
当然要读 如果你想借更多的书的话
She felt hot in places she'd never felt hot before...
她在某些部位感受到前所未有的热度
Don't make anything up.
不要瞎编
seeking ventilation, she went onto her beloved veranda
她想吹吹风 于是来到了她喜爱的阳台
and played with her pooch Leonard,
和她的小狗伦纳德一起玩
who had always provided a distraction in times of crisis.
它总能在危机时刻为她提供欢乐
So...
所以
Leslie, what's that?
莱斯利 那是什么
- Darling, behind your back. - A stick.
- 亲爱的 你身后是什么 - 一根手杖
Just a bit of night shooting, that's all.
只是在晚上打几枪 仅此而已
What will it take for you to learn?
怎么才能让你接受教训呢
No.
别碰我
What a week.
这一周啊
I'm sorry about my little wobble.
我对我忽冷忽热的态度感到抱歉
No, I've checked. You don't wobble.
不 我确认过了 你没有这样
That's better.
这样好多了