德雷尔一家 第一季 The Durrells Season 1 第5集: Episode 5

上映日期: 2,016

语言: 英语

影片类型: 剧情 / 传记

导演: 斯蒂夫·巴伦 / 罗杰·戈比

演员: 凯莉·霍威 / 乔什·奥康纳 / 米洛·帕克 / 卡勒姆·伍德豪斯 / 亚历克斯·吉奥古利斯 / 桥格斯·卡拉米霍斯 / 安娜·萨瓦 / 露西·布莱克 / 乌尔里希·冯·德尔·泽特 / 莱斯莉·卡伦


台词
ShinY
深影
However long you stare at it, they're still coming.
不管你盯着看多久 他们还是要来
It might be nice to have some visitors.
能有人来拜访也是好事
ShinY
深影
No, it won't.
才不是好事
Let's make it horrible for them,
我们可以故意让他们不自在
ShinY
深影
so they don't stay long.
这样就不会久留了
It's already horrible.
这里环境已经够差了
Gerry's turned this house into a zoo.
格里把这房子变成动物园了
No other family has to walk a pelican!
别人家可不用天天遛鹈鹕
God, what are they doing? They're arriving this afternoon!
天哪 他们想干什么 要今天下午来
We don't have enough bedrooms.
我们的卧室不够
We haven't got enough anything.
我们什么都不够
And yet you seem untypically... relaxed.
然而你却异常... 轻松
ShinY
深影
Yes. Why are you so happy?
是啊 你为什么这么高兴
Oh, darling, because at my age, nothing and no-one unsettles me.
亲爱的 到了我这个年龄 这种事已经习惯了
ShinY
深影
Oh, do clean and tidy up, though.
但你们还是要记得打扫
ShinY
深影
Aunt Hermione can be a bit of a thug.
赫尔迈厄尼姑妈很挑剔的
- I can't. I'm writing. - Busy day at work.
- 我不行 得写书 - 我上班很忙的
Shooting.
要去打猎
倾情呈现
翻译 Virus Killer
翻译 还是Virus Killer
翻译 依旧Virus Killer
翻译 仍然Virus Killer
压制 Virus Killer
特效及校对 Yatamisaki
时间轴 风中的鱼
德雷尔一家 第一季 第四集
So, when are we going to tell the world about us?
那么 你打算什么时候公布我们的关系啊
What about us?
我们什么关系
Well, that we're an item, Sven,
斯文 如果英式一点 浪漫地说
as we British so romantically call it.
我们就是一对鸳鸯
I think we should wait until your relatives have gone,
我觉得应该等你亲戚走了再说
so I don't have to be part of this... circus.
这样我就不用被当小丑看了
God, no, I didn't mean tell them.
天哪 我可没想告诉他们
Aunt Hermione has a history of meddling.
赫尔迈厄尼姑妈可喜欢管闲事了
She's like a Medici tyrant.
她就像一个美第奇暴君
Oh, I'd like to meet her.
我倒是想见见她
I know what they're going to complain about... no electricity.
我知道他们会抱怨什么了... 这里没有电
Did Adam and Eve have electricity in paradise?
在天堂 亚当和夏娃有电用吗
You know this is paradise... on a good day.
你知道 日子顺利的时候 这里就是天堂
And I know.
我也知道
But will they?
但他们知道吗
Kalimera, Mrs Durrells!
早上好 德雷尔女士
Ah, kalimera, Spiro.
早上好 斯皮罗斯
Maybe you can help me. I need a cheap generator.
也许你能帮我一个忙 我需要一个廉价发电机
What's wrong with candles?
怎么不用蜡烛了
It's a soft light, reduces the ugliness.
蜡烛光很柔和 不太容易显丑
We have guests coming from England.
我们有客人从英国来
More British people! Swell!
更多的英国人 好极了
Yes, I'll find you a generator.
没问题 我给你找一个发电机去
What would we do without you, Spiro?
斯皮罗斯 没了你 我们可怎么办啊
- It doesn't bear thinking about. - It doesn't.
- 想都不敢想 - 是啊
Mrs Durrells?
德雷尔女士
Why are you so happy?
你为什么这么开心
Do you remember when we first met
你还记得我们初次见面时
and you said you hated all those Brit exiles sipping G&Ts?
你说自己讨厌那些成天喝杜松子酒的英国人
Well, you'd better steer clear of my house for a while!
那你这几天最好离我家远远的
Anyway, deep breath, Sven and I are...
总之呢 别惊讶 斯文和我已经...
- What... What's happened? - Nothing.
- 什么... 发生了什么 - 没什么
But your eyes are all red.
但你的眼睛都红了
Well, why not? Green's not bringing me much luck.
有什么办法呢 绿色的美景也没什么效果
Oh...
哦...
I, erm... I thought I was pregnant and I'm not.
我... 以为自己怀孕了 结果没有
Oh, Florence!
哎 佛罗伦斯
- How long have you been trying? - 11 years and five months.
- 你们尝试多久了 - 十一年零五个月
I don't think it's going to happen.
我觉得没什么希望了
Well, think of the fun you've had trying.
可这过程很美好啊
Anyway, so, yes, you and Sven...
先不管这个了 你和斯文怎么了
Don't tell anyone, but, well, we've kissed, and... A bit more.
别告诉别人 我们接了吻 还干了点别的
I think it's serious.
这段感情是认真的
I just don't want anything to ruin it.
我不想毁了它
Oh, hello. She's there!
你好 她在那儿
Please be nice to us.
请对我们友好一点啊
Aunt Hermione! Welcome!
赫尔迈厄尼姑妈 欢迎
Good afternoon, Louisa.
下午好 路易莎
And Cousin Prue! And Geoffrey!
还有普鲁表姐和杰弗里
Oh, what an absolute pleasure.
见到你们真高兴
If I have to sit and look out of another window, I'll scream.
要是还要闷在船里 我可要疯了
- You must be exhausted. - No.
- 你们一定累坏了 - 没有
I'm exhausted.
我可累坏了
That's the thing about your foreigner. It's exhausting.
你们这些外国人就是这样 动不动就累
Well, my foreigner friend Spiro is going to drive us home.
我的外国友人斯皮罗斯可以开车带我们回家
- Unless you'd prefer a guest house. - Ridiculous!
- 除非你们想住在旅店 - 别开玩笑了
There's one more.
还有一个人呢
- Nancy! - Surprise!
- 南希 - 没想到吧
How's Larry?
拉里怎么样
Well, all the better for seeing you, I'm sure!
见了你肯定会乐开花
Well, erm, this way!
这边请
- Hairete. - Hello.
- 你好 - 你好
- Oh, what rough hands you have. - Huh?
- 啊 你的手真粗糙啊 - 什么
It's from Little Red Riding Hood.
那是小红帽里的一句话
Mm, that isn't. We mustn't.
这个倒是很细腻 我们不能这样
We'll get into trouble.
会惹上麻烦的
I think about you... very much.
我特别特别地想你
Oh. Well, in that case...
如果是这样的话...
An immoderate volume of creatures.
这数量快赶上动物园了
Yes. Gerry collects them. And we won the turkeys in a court case.
是啊 都是格里收集的 火鸡是打官司赢的
Animals are walking germ dispensers. Are they safe?
动物就是长着腿的细菌传染源 他们安全吗
Mostly.
大部分是安全的
Larry, darling, put her down.
拉里 亲爱的 你俩休息休息
Don't mind us.
别管我们
I hear you aspire to being a writer, Lawrence.
我听说你想当作家 劳伦斯
More than aspire. He's just waiting for the publisher to confirm
不光是想 他现在就等着出版商确认
that he's going to put his novel out.
把他的小说发布出去了
He'd tell you himself if he wasn't doing that.
如果他不忙着接吻 会亲口告诉你的
This is Lugaretzia. She helps us out occasionally.
这是鲁格勒斯雅 她时不时地来帮帮忙
She's lovely.
她很友善
Margo, darling, tell everybody about your job.
马戈 亲爱的 告诉大家你的工作
I'm companion to the Countess Mavrodaki.
我是马夫罗达琪伯爵夫人的女伴
That will hardly stretch your mind.
这对你的智力可没什么帮助
Ooh, and Leslie...
等等 莱斯利...
Well, he's gone.
好吧 他跑了
Larry, for God's sake, take her upstairs.
拉里 拜托 带她上楼去吧
The question is, Louisa, why are you all still here
我有个疑问 路易莎 为什么你们还呆在这里
rather than in England?
而不是回英国
Because we like it here.
因为我们喜欢这里
- Where's Gerald? - Gerald is very interested in natural history.
- 杰拉尔德呢 - 杰拉尔德很喜欢博物学
It's a science, really, so he is probably out gathering
这是一种科学 所以他可能出去收集...
- Was that a donkey? - research material.
- 那是一头驴吗 - 研究材料
Your foreigner loves a donkey!
你们外国人喜欢驴
Hello.
你们好
I hate wildlife.
我讨厌野生动物
What is that noise?
那是什么声音
Larry stubbing his toe.
拉里撞到他的脚了
Oh, no. Now Nancy's stubbed hers!
真惨 南希也撞到了
They're married. Why don't they share a bloody bedroom?
他们结婚了 为什么不能住一间卧室呢
Because Geoffrey snores, apparently,
很明显 因为杰弗里打鼾
like wildebeest being murdered.
就像牛羚被猎杀了一样
And his wife Prune...
他的妻子普李...
It's Prue, darling, not Prune.
是普鲁 不是普李
What's she so scared of?
她害怕什么啊
I'd be scared of snapping
是我的话 害怕一时没忍住
and clubbing Geoffrey to death in his sleep.
在杰弗里睡着的时候把他敲死
Why are they all so horrid?
他们为什么都这么招人厌啊
They're not horrid, they're just...
他们不是招人厌 只是...
better in captivity, in England.
最好呆在英国别出来
It's very dark.
太黑了
Are you sure there isn't any electricity anywhere?
你确定这里没电吗
Wait a minute, I'll, erm, I'll just check under the sofa.
那你等一下 我去沙发底下找找
Of course I'm sure! I'm sorting it out, Prue!
我当然确定啊 普鲁 这是我的家
Somebody move that away from the house!
谁快把那东西带走
I can hear your son and his lady friend in the next room
我能听见隔壁房间 你儿子和他的女友
having... carnal relations.
正在体验... 肉体关系
Well, lucky them!
他们真幸运
If only all relations were that much fun.
要是所有关系都那么有趣就好了
I thought you hated bicycles?
你不是讨厌自行车吗
Oh... I was so desperate to escape.
我只是想赶快逃掉
I would've saddled up a goat and ridden it.
骑山羊走我都愿意
Oh, families.
这就是家庭关系啊
More pain than pleasure.
痛苦多 欢乐少
Well, tell that to Florence.
这话给佛罗伦斯说吧
She confessed to me that they can't have children.
她告诉我她怀不上孩子
Oh, how sad.
真惨啊
But there's consolation in work... and friendship.
但她能从工作和友谊中找到安慰
Well, if you feel the urge to ravish me,
如果你想推倒我
you have my full permission.
我准了
Listen, I will always respect your honour.
听着 我会珍惜你对我的欣赏
Oh, let's not worry too much about that.
先别管那么多了
Mrs Durrells? Hello?
德雷尔女士 你在吗
I don't want to intrude, but I have found you a generator.
我无意打扰 但是我找来了一台发电机
I... I saw nothing!
我... 我什么都没看见
Spiro, I have to ask you to keep this a secret. Can you do that?
斯皮罗斯 我要请你保守这个秘密 可以吗
德雷尔一家
Leslie, go and get Larry.
莱斯利 去叫拉里
I'm not going into his den of vice.
我才不去他那个淫窝
- I've got him. - Can we make this short?
- 我把他叫来了 - 你能长话短说吗
Do we have to talk here? It's full of...
我们非得在这里说吗 这里满是...
- What the heck are they? - My brown rats.
- 它们是什么鬼 - 我的褐鼠
- Do you want to hold one of them? - What do you think?
- 你想抱抱它吗 - 你觉得呢
What's this about? Supper needs shooting.
你要说什么 晚饭可不会从天上掉下来
I have an announcement to make, before Spiro blurts it out.
我要公布一件事 省得斯皮罗斯说出来
- You're getting together with Spiro? - No!
- 你要和斯皮罗斯在一起了吗 - 没有
No.
不是
Sven and I... are becoming more than good friends.
斯文和我... 关系不仅仅是朋友了
- Oh, we knew that. - No, we didn't!
- 我们早知道了 - 我们并不知道
- I knew that. - This is so exciting!
- 我早就知道了 - 这太让人激动了
It's been... eight years since Father died.
父亲去世已经... 八年了
Well, yes. And... Well, I'm very fond of Sven.
是的 并且 我很喜欢斯文
And it has been a long time coming.
这么久了 终于遇到了心上人
There was Mr Davis.
还有戴维斯先生呢
Yes, Mr Davis was a mistake,
是的 戴维斯是个错误
as antique dealers often are.
一般来说古董商都不适合我
You don't need anyone. You have us, and me.
你不需要别人 你有我们呢 还有我
Leslie, darling, don't be upset. I still love you.
莱斯利 亲爱的 别不开心啊 我还是爱你的
Gerry, darling, say something.
格里 亲爱的 说句话啊
- Do you think he'll let me have one of his goats? - No.
- 你觉得他会给我他的一只羊吗 - 不
Oh, and do keep this from Aunt Hermione.
还有 千万别给赫尔迈厄尼姑妈说
She could make our lives very unpleasant if she wanted to.
她要是拿这个说事 咱们谁也受不了
Why would she do that?
她为什么要这样
Because she's the head of the family,
因为她是家里的老大
and she likes everyone to know it.
还拼命要展现这一点
Leslie, you're hiding something.
莱斯利 有什么事你藏着没说
Is it to do with your mother?
跟你母亲有关吗
I can't say. Mum told us to keep quiet.
妈妈不让我们说出去
I sense it's a man. Is he Greek?
我感觉跟男人有关 是希腊人吗
Swedish.
瑞典人
- What does he do? - Plays the accordion.
- 他是做什么的 - 拉手风琴
- As a profession? - No. He owns a smallholding.
- 当作职业吗 - 不 他有个小农场
- How small? - I haven't measured it.
- 多小 - 我又没量过
Leslie, don't be saucy!
莱斯利 别这么无礼
Niece! Geoffrey!
尼斯 杰弗里
- Louisa has a beau, here on the island. - Oh!
- 路易莎在这座岛上有个情郎 - 天啊
How exciting!
真让人激动
I want us to make it
我想严肃声明
quite clear that this is a mistake.
这是一个错误
Even Leslie agrees,
莱斯利都同意了
and he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
而他的头脑都不怎么灵光
If it becomes serious,
如果他们感情认真了
she'll want to keep the family here forever.
她就会把家定居在这里了
BBC News will be on soon.
BBC新闻就要播了
Hurry up, there's a chap.
小伙子 快一点
Ah, Leslie, bring me a footstool, dear.
莱斯利 帮我拿一个脚凳
I can feel my fallen arches falling even further.
我感觉我的足弓越来越塌了
Thank you.
谢谢
Gerry, this is a terrible step backwards in transport.
格里 这种交通工具可是一种退步啊
Sally's really useful for
在这座岛上行走
getting around the island. Sven's got one.
萨莉很有用的 斯文就有一头
Mrs Durrells, I must
德雷尔女士 我一定要
apologise again about the unfortunate incident
对那次部分裸体的不幸事件
- with the partial nudity. - It's fine, Spiro. Really.
- 再次道歉 - 没关系 斯皮罗斯 真的
I saw nothing. It was a blur.
我什么都没看见 就是一团模糊
Ti thes? Ase me!
你要干什么 不用管我
Now this is a local delicacy...
这是本地的一种美食...
What am I... I can't...
我要怎... 我不能...
Apologies.
不好意思
Oh, it's fine. Absolutely fine.
没关系 一点关系都没有
- Theo! - Gerry!
- 西奥 - 格里
Leslie's cross cos she pooed on his head in the night.
莱斯利很生气 因为她晚上在他头顶排了便
Well, it can take some getting used to, huh?
习惯它还需要一段时间适应 不是吗
They're really weak.
它们很虚弱
I fear to get stronger, they need meat.
恐怕要想变得强壮 它们需要吃肉
I know.
我知道
I mentioned you to my friend, Mrs Vadrukakis,
我向我的朋友 瓦杜卡基斯太太提起了你
- who is interested in conservation. - What's that?
- 她对生态保护很感兴趣 - 那是什么
A new branch of zoology,
动物学的一个新分支
to stop us tampering with our habitat
阻止我们破坏栖息地
or hunting species to extinction.
或是将某一物种赶尽杀绝
Oh, I have a letter from England ford Larry.
我有一封英国来信 是给拉里的
The postman Georgios says it's important.
邮递员乔治斯说很重要
I worry that he knows.
我担心他知道了
And actually, why am I delivering his letters?
话说回来 我为什么要给他送信
You might want to slide it under the door.
你最好从门缝下塞进去
Larry's girlfriend's here
拉里的女朋友在这儿
and they're... copulating a lot.
他们... 没事就交配
Right.
好吧
Hm... You have a very diligent postman.
你们的邮递员真勤奋
From England.
从英国来的
Publishers.
出版商寄来的
'We regret we are unable to publish your novel.'
"很抱歉 我们不能发表你的小说"
Oh, Larry, baby.
拉里 亲爱的
It's OK. More fool them.
没关系 是他们没眼光
So, what would you like to see on Corfu?
你们来科孚想看看什么
The scenery is... stunning.
这里的景致... 美不胜收
It's a little... hot for movement.
天气有点热... 不适合出行
- We could go swimming. - I no longer swim.
- 我们可以去游泳 - 我已经不游了
Your cousin Frank drowned, of course.
毕竟 你的表亲弗兰克淹死了
Well, I'll tell you what, we won't go on a warship like he did.
我们又不会像他一样 跑战舰上去了
'Owing to the need for propriety on these occasions,
"由于在这些场合下 需要有礼节
it was felt that a gift of...'
所以准备一个礼物..."
I am not God, but...
我虽然不是上帝 但是...
let there be light!
要有光
- Good morning, Margo. - Hello.
- 早上好 马戈 - 你好
- Where's the Countess? - Resting.
- 伯爵夫人呢 - 在休息
She's feeling fragile.
她今天稍感不适
Ah, I know what that means. Hung over.
啊 我知道 一定是宿醉了
No. She has a history of fragility and dark moods
不 她过去也时常感到不适 心情低落
which even the most expensive chocolates won't alleviate.
吃最昂贵的巧克力都不能缓解
So, today you can be my companion.
所以今天你可以陪伴我
I've been away a long time. Tell me what's happening in England.
我离开很久了 给我讲讲英国的近况
Well, when we left,
我们离开的时候
bias-cut dresses were all the rage.
斜切裙正流行
Hair... Shall I tell you about hair?
还有发型 我要给你讲讲发型吗
Immediately, and in great detail.
快讲快讲 越详细越好
Gerry. This is Mrs Vadrukakis, whom I mentioned.
格里 这是我给你提到的瓦杜卡基斯太太
Hello!
你好
I hear you are as passionate about wildlife as me and Theo.
我听说你和我与西奥一样 对野生动物很热衷
- Yes, he's taught me so much. - Louisa!
- 是的 他教了我很多东西 - 路易莎
I have no doubt you'd prefer the company of a friend,
我知道你更喜欢和朋友在一起
but I wish to see everyone gathered here this evening.
但是今晚 我希望大家都能聚在这里
Mother?
妈妈
This is Mrs Vadrukakis.
这是瓦杜卡基斯太太
Oh, hello!
哦 你好
Hello. Erm, I'm keen to start
你好 我很想建立一个
a version of the RSPCA.
皇家防止虐待动物协会的翻版
Animals are often treated so badly here.
在这里 动物们经常被虐待
- Gerry, would you help? - I'd love to.
- 格里 你愿意帮忙吗 - 很乐意
And perhaps you and your family would help as well?
也许你和家人也愿意尽一份力
Yes, of course, yes,
是的 当然了
if I'm not busy dangling from a rope for murder.
前提是我没被它们先杀了
For God's sake, darling, stick your face into a school book.
拜托了 亲爱的 去看看书吧
My mother's under a bit of pressure, as you can see.
正如你们所见 我的母亲最近压力很大
I don't make a habit of giving speeches,
我并不习惯做演讲
but I'm distressed by what this family's become.
但我对这个家庭的现状很担忧
Would that your father were here now.
你父亲要是在这儿就好了
This is no place to bring up a family.
这里可不是抚养儿女的好地方
Gerald is now a wild animal.
杰拉尔德现在就是个野孩子
Margo seems to be some sort of paid jester.
马戈似乎成了个花钱雇来的小丑
Leslie has twice been in trouble with the law.
莱斯利两次触碰法律底线
And Larry, once a respectable Bournemouth estate agent,
曾经是伯恩茅斯体面的房地产经纪人的拉里
is now a debauchee and failed writer.
成了一个失败的淫棍作家
Can I describe you next?
接下来我能描述一下你吗
All of you guided by a mother
你们所有人都被一个迷恋上
enmeshed with a squeezebox-playing goatherd.
拉手风琴的牧羊人的母亲所引领
But all is not lost. You will come home now.
但你们还有希望 你们现在回家
I will pay for Gerry to go to a good English boarding school.
我会掏钱让格里去一家好的英国寄宿学校
I will help Margo and Leslie into secure careers.
帮马戈和莱斯利获得稳定的工作
And as I won't live forever,
而且 既然我终有一天要去世
Louisa, I will give you a sum of money,
路易莎 我会留给你一笔钱
or perhaps a house,
或许留座房子
for you to create a solid base for a new life.
让你过上稳定的新生活
Thank you, Aunt Hermione.
谢谢你 赫尔迈厄尼姑妈
I will give that careful thought.
我会好好考虑一下的
Why did you let the old witch say all that?
你为什么让老巫婆说那些话
Because I've been fooling myself.
因为我一直在欺骗自己
Back in the real world, that is what people are
在现实生活中 那就是人们的真实面目
- and that is what people think. - This is real!
- 和真实想法 - 我们过的就是现实生活
No, it's not! It's rented,
并不是 这个房子是租的
if we could afford the rent, and it's fleeting.
我们还付不起租金 搞不好哪天就没了
She's right. I've been playing at parenting.
她说得对 我教育子女太随意
And sooner or later we are
我们迟早得回家
going to have to go home and resume our lives.
过回之前的生活
It doesn't work like that.
事情不是这样的
Every day is real, here more than anywhere.
我们在这里过的每一天都无比真实
- We need her, Larry! - We don't!
- 我们需要她 拉里 - 我们不需要
You just let her get under your skin.
你只是被她说得冲昏了头
Darling, everyone has somebody in their lives
亲爱的 每个人的生活中都有一个
who is more powerful that they answer to...
比他们更强大 要去听从的人
your parent, your boss,
你的父母 你的老板
your calling, your God,
你的职业 或是你信奉的神
and I have Aunt Hermione.
对我来说 就是赫尔迈厄尼姑妈
And as awful as it sounds,
不管这听起来有多糟
everything that she just said in there I've thought myself.
她在里面说的那些话 我自己都想过
And to be blunt, she has a lot of family money
恕我直言 她有很多家底
and I can't bear the thought
而我不能接受
of any of you children being poor forever.
我的任何一个孩子穷一辈子
德雷尔一家
别乱搞
Oh... Well, you're a sight for sore eyes.
哦 你可真养眼
- Remind me, is that good? - Oh, it's very good.
- 我有那么帅吗 - 特别英俊
Is something wrong?
出什么事了
My scary aunt. She knows about us.
我那吓人的姑妈 她知道我们的事了
And I was going to pretend to be a travelling donkey salesman.
我本来还想装作是个毛驴商人
I've missed you.
我想你
And I've missed you.
我也想你
Because I have decided...
因为我已经想好了...
I love you.
我爱你
Well, that's good...
那真是太好了
because I love you too.
因为我也爱你
Right, I am going to...
好了 我要...
- Where are our guests? - In the bedrooms.
- 我们的客人呢 - 在卧室
Three persons, three bedrooms.
三个人占了三间卧室
Ti to kaname etho? Hotel!
当我们这里是酒店吗
I am going to show them, even if I have to drag them,
就算要拖着去 我也要展示给他们
that Corfu is a haven for beauty and love and culture.
科孚是集美景热恋以及文化的天堂
Good luck.
祝你好运吧
And I'd like to end the tour at the Villa Mavrodaki.
我想在马夫罗达琪别墅结束这段旅程
No!
不行
Your aunt called me a paid jester! Whatever that is.
你的姑妈把我叫做花钱雇来的小丑 虽然不太懂什么意思
Well, all the more reason to show her the magnificent library
那就更有必要把伯爵夫人介绍给她
and appeal to her snobbery
展现她宏伟的图书馆
by introducing her to an actual countess.
来满足她那势利眼
Oh, all right.
行吧
We've discussed my rejection
我们讨论了我被拒绝的事情
and I've decided I'm giving up writing,
我决定放弃写作
in fact, the intellect in all its forms.
事实上 放弃一切跟智力有关的事情
- Oh, don't be silly, Larry. - You know why?
- 拉里 别傻了 - 你知道为什么吗
Because art is clearly run by buffoons
因为很明显 艺术是被一些蠢货管理的
and tainted by misguided notions of commercialism.
被铜臭味都污染了
Well, if that's true, it's beastly.
如果是那样的话 确实令人不快
I'm throwing myself into manly things...
我要开始从事特别男子气概的事了
like Leslie, but better.
就像莱斯利一样 但比他更好
- So, what needs mending? - The house.
- 那么 什么东西需要维修 - 这座房子
Well, let's narrow it down for him a bit.
还是给他缩小一下范围吧
Er... the lavatory roof?
厕所房顶
Good.
Tough night?
今晚很难过吧
When Larry discusses something,
当拉里要讨论事情的时候
he really discusses it.
他真的会很严肃地讨论
- We usually run away. - I'll try that next time.
- 我们一般就直接跑开 - 我下次也试试
Have you ever seen a bluer sky?
你还见过比这更蓝的天吗
I think we have, haven't we, dear?
我们应该见过吧 是不是 亲爱的
Yes, I think we have.
是的 我们应该见过
If you cut me open,
你要是把我剖开
you find the Union Jack inside.
你会发现我身体里有英国国旗
I love the British. Perfect manners.
我爱英国人 他们行为举止很赞
Always first in the war... and the last to leave.
总是冲在战争前线 一直坚守到最后
Eyes on the road, driver.
好好看路 司机
First stop, the home of our great friend, Theodore Stephanides.
第一站 我们的朋友西奥多·斯迪芬奈兹的家
Go on! Shoo!
走开啊
- Your foreigner loves his sheep. - Yes!
- 你们外国人喜欢羊 - 是的
Please forgive the disarray.
请原谅我房间里有些杂乱
I lost myself in a study of the marine mollusc amphineura.
我沉浸在研究双神经软体海洋动物中了
Fascinating creatures. They have no identifiable head
都是些迷人的生物 你看不出来它们的头部
and no cerebral ganglion, obviously. Yet they are armed...
也没有脑神经节 然而它们配备了...
Shall I make some coffee?
我要不要去泡点咖啡
They scrape algae from rocks.
它们吃岩石上的藻类
I could go on. In fact I will.
我还可以接着介绍 那就继续吧
The museum seems to be shut.
博物馆似乎关门了
Which is such a shame,
真是太可惜了
because it's full of spellbinding artefacts.
里面满是引人入胜的工艺品
That's fine. I'll go in the middle again.
好吧 我继续坐中间
- I have to be by the window. - She has claustrophobia.
- 我必须要坐在窗边 - 她有幽闭恐怖症
- Yes, I do. - In an open-top car?
- 没错 - 这可是敞篷车啊
Might we go home now?
我们现在能回家了吗
Not until you start enjoying yourself.
除非你们开始享受这段旅程
Aw! Did you drop your hammer in the lavatory again?
你又把锤子掉进马桶了吗
This handyman crap!
这该死的杂务活
I need proper work. I'm going to Sven's.
我需要正经的工作 我要去斯文家
Oh, he'll be so delighted.
他肯定高兴得不得了
- Sven. - Larry.
- 斯文 - 拉里
- Did you run here? - No.
- 这里是你经营的吗 - 不是
Oh.
Listen, I'm going to give up this... writing nonsense.
听着 我打算放弃... 写那些破烂书了
I want to do some proper work. Just pay me what you can.
我想做一些正经工作 工钱你随意付
- Nothing. - Fine.
- 什么都不付 - 好吧
Good. Finish this hole.
好 把这个坑挖好
Lots of trees to plant.
有很多树要种
You missed your hands, I think.
别光站着不动手啊
The thing about your foreigner is...
你们这些外国人啊 就是...
Shut up!
闭嘴
Next stop, the villa of the Countess Mavrodaki!
下一站 马夫罗达琪伯爵夫人的别墅
- Angel, I will see you after work. - Now is good.
- 天使 我下班后见你 - 现在就行啊
- No, now is bad. - No, no, now is very good.
- 不 现在不行 - 不不 现在很好啊
I'm in charge of the house while Dennis is in town.
丹尼斯进城的时候 我来掌管这房子
Well, let us jump on the big bed, huh?
那我们去大床上蹦蹦跳跳吧
What are you, eight?
你是八岁小孩吗
Anyway, the Countess is inside.
不管怎样 伯爵夫人在里面
You know, the Countess is a personal friend. We exchanged gowns.
伯爵夫人是我们的私交 我们互换长袍穿
She's French.
她是法国人
You know, despite your doubts about Margo's job, Aunt,
姑妈 尽管你对马戈的工作持怀疑态度
she's finally taking something seriously
她终于对这件事认真起来了
and she deserves to be applauded.
值得赞扬
I'm always willing to admit mistakes, if... I make any.
我总是乐于承认错误 前提是我有错
Hello?
有人吗
The library. Margo often reads to the Countess in there.
去图书馆吧 马戈经常在里面给伯爵夫人读书
Let go. I heard screaming.
放开 我听见了尖叫声
- It was a chicken. - It wasn't a chicken!
- 是鸡叫 - 才不是
Let's have some light in here!
让房间里进点光吧
Oh, God, they're here already.
天啊 他们已经来了
- I was busy in the garden. - Yes, yes, we saw.
- 我在花园里忙呢 - 是啊 我们看到了
The Countess needs you.
伯爵夫人叫你
It's Margo.
马戈来了
It's going to be fine.
一切都会没事的
I'm not mad, you know.
你要知道 我没有疯
I know. I know.
我知道 我知道
Who were those people?
那些人是谁
My relatives.
我的亲戚
Now they are mad.
他们才疯了
- What's wrong with it? - Theo thinks they need meat.
- 它们怎么了 - 西奥认为它们需要吃肉
- What do they eat? - Mice, birds, generally.
- 吃什么肉 - 老鼠啊 或是禽类
There's loads of sparrows around. I'll shoot some.
这附近有很多麻雀 我去打几只
Would that be any trouble?
会不会麻烦你了
No. It's what I do.
没事 我就是干这个的
Thank you for driving us, Spiro.
感谢你开车带我们 斯皮罗斯
You are welcome, Mrs Durrell.
不客气 德雷尔女士
I hope my eyes were sufficiently on the road.
我希望我很充分地看了路
Who's that?
那是谁
Mrs Vadrukakis. The animal lady.
瓦杜卡基斯太太 养动物的那个
- Nearly got one! - Gerry?
- 差点打中 - 格里
- Damn. Little bastards. - Bugger.
- 该死 可恶的小混蛋 - 太可惜了
No! Stop!
不要 住手
Sorry, I don't know who you are,
抱歉 我不知道你是谁
but you're sort of in the way here.
但是你有点妨碍到我了
Sorry, Mrs Vadrukakis,
抱歉 瓦杜卡基斯太太
we're doing it because of my baby owls.
我们这样是为了喂我的小猫头鹰
This is murder!
这是谋杀啊
In that case, I think the jails are going to be rather full.
如果真是这样 那监狱里可就要满了
If this is your idea of conservation, I'm ashamed of you.
如果你就是这么保护环境的 我为你感到羞耻
Mrs Durrell!
德雷尔女士
He is a little savage!
他就是个小野蛮人
You should be ashamed of yourself.
你应该为自己感到羞愧
Somebody shoot me please.
谁快把我一枪崩了吧
You have ignored my advice and, rather than prepare to leave,
你完全忽视了我的建议 非但没有准备离开
you have dragged us deeper into your mire.
还把我们一同拉入你困境的深渊
We will all leave now. Have your possessions sent on.
我们现在全部离开 把你的东西寄过来
But that's not fair.
这不公平
I have held back from saying this,
我本来不想说这个的
but as senior family member,
但作为家里的长辈
I have legal grounds to claim custody of Gerald.
我在法律上有权利 接管杰拉尔德的监护权
What?
什么
I've never craved children of my own,
我从来没想过要孩子
but I am quite willing to acquire one through my lawyers
但是我很乐意通过律师来养一个
as you seem incapable of providing a secure home.
因为你没能力来提供一个安全的生长环境
We will pack...
我们这就准备走...
and I expect you to do the same.
希望你也能和我们一起
Wait!
等等
I think it's time you left.
我觉得你该走了
You'll be happier in a guest house.
你住宾馆更高兴
I'll send your possessions on,
我会把你的东西寄过去
along with Geoffrey and Prue
如果杰弗里和普鲁也这么招人讨厌
if they're as sour as you.
就一块寄去
Where's Spiro?
斯皮罗斯去哪儿了
- I'll drive you myself. - You're making a dreadful mistake.
- 我开车带你去 - 你犯了一个大错
I'd rather make my own mistakes than have you make them for me.
我宁愿自己犯错 也不愿让你在这里指手画脚
Don't you ever, ever threaten me like that again.
你再那样威胁我试试
I will haul my children
我宁可拽着我的孩子
off to the most distant corner of the earth
去地球最偏远的角落
rather than surrender them to you or anybody else.
也不会把他们拱手相让
Hey! Stop! Stop!
喂 停下
Mum's borrowed your motor car.
妈妈借用一下你的车
Nobody borrows my motor car!
没人能借我的车
Don't worry, she's a very, very good driver.
别担心 她的驾驶技术挺好
Or at least she was ten years ago.
至少十年前还不错
She doesn't saunter along, does she?
她一向雷厉风行 对吧
Slow down, you're making me ill!
慢一点 我都要晕车了
Louisa!
路易莎
德雷尔一家
Right... Let's think about this.
好吧 让我们好好想想
Well, what are you going to do?
你打算怎么办
I am going to sit... calmly...
我打算安静地... 坐在...
with you, as you're here...
你的旁边...
and wait... for someone to come by.
然后等别人过来
And even though you were very rude to Spiro,
尽管你对斯皮罗斯很粗鲁
I'm sure he won't begrudge you a sweet.
我确定吃他一颗糖不会生气的
Do I have to tell you how
难道还要我提醒你
close we are to plummeting to our deaths?
我们离坠崖身亡有多近吗
Oh! There.
看 那里
Our knight in shining armour. Or possibly the Grim Reaper.
我们身披铠甲的骑士到了 不过也许是死神
Ehei figi apo to dromo
他们从路上冲下去了
kai hreiazomaste to gaidaro sou na to travixoume.
需要你的帮助
Oi Englezoi einai akoma mesa.
那些英国人还在车里
Oh... Nudity's all well and good until the flies get you.
光着身子是挺好 直到苍蝇围着你转
You will reassure your family about my...
你让你的家人不要担心我的...
dark moments?
小插曲
Of course. When did they start?
没问题 这是什么时候开始的
After my husband died.
在我丈夫去世之后
One builds a life around a person.
生活总是建立在另一个人的身边
Perhaps one shouldn't.
也许人们不该这么做
And then they are gone...
在他们去世之后...
and you're left clutching the air.
陪伴你的只剩下了空气
Mother says when Daddy died,
母亲说 父亲去世之后
- she wanted to jump into the grave with him. - Oh!
- 她都想跳进坟墓陪伴他 - 天啊
And then her hair started falling out.
然后她开始掉头发
- I don't know which is worse. - Is everything all right?
- 真不知道哪个更糟糕 - 你们都还好吗
Yes.
是的
Thank you, Margo. You can go home.
谢谢你 马戈 你可以回家了
There. You're looking a funny colour,
好了 你的脸色不太好
but you're going to be fine.
但没什么大碍
This wouldn't happen in the Home Counties.
这回了英国根本不会发生
It doesn't happen here either, because only I drive the car!
在这儿也不会 因为只有我才能开这辆车
Oh! Thank the Lord you're safe!
你没事 真是谢天谢地
I said to Geoffrey, 'How will we get the bodies home?'
我给杰弗里说 "我们怎么把尸体带回去啊"
- Nightmare! - We're fine. Really.
- 简直是噩梦 - 我们没事 真的
- Thank you. - Mrs Durrells, don't do that again.
- 谢谢你 - 德雷尔女士 不要再这样了
I'm so sorry, Spiro.
我很抱歉 斯皮罗斯
You smell of my steering wheel.
你身上一股我那方向盘味
Two of my favourite things!
包含两样我最喜欢的东西
Stop.
等一下
I have a job here, Angel, and I want to keep it.
我在这里有工作 天使 我不想丢了饭碗
Which is more important? Me or your job?
我和你的工作哪个更重要
My job.
我的工作
Did you just actually stamp your foot?
你刚刚是跺脚了吗
The Countess has a serious illness and I've been trying to help.
伯爵夫人生了很大的病 我一直在帮忙
The Countess told me what happened.
伯爵夫人告诉了我事情经过
Yes, I'm sorry.
是的 我很抱歉
How dare you abandon her to cavort with your fancy man!
你怎敢抛弃她 跟你的情夫寻欢作乐
Nobody cavorted, and... he really isn't that fancy.
我们没寻欢 而且... 他也没那么有情调
Just go away. Leave.
走吧 离开这里
What was I thinking?
我是怎么想的啊
I could have killed us both,
差点把我们俩都害死了
and then how would my, my poor...
那之后我那些可怜...
messed-up children have coped?
一团糟的孩子们该怎么办
Thank God you're here.
幸亏你在这儿
I... I don't know what I'm doing.
我不知道该做什么
Erm, before I jump to any conclusions,
在我乱下结论之前
are you, er, tying your shoelace?
你是不是在系鞋带
I am asking you if you want to marry me.
我是想问你 愿不愿意嫁给我
I'll think about it.
我会考虑考虑的
Theo, the most terrible thing's happened.
西奥 最糟糕的事情发生了
I was with Leslie and,
我和莱斯利在一起
you know how he is with guns...
然后你也知道他拿着枪...
Mrs Vadrukakis told me what happened.
瓦杜卡基斯太太告诉了我事情经过
She feels... May I speak for you?
她感觉... 我能替你说吗
Ah, yes.
可以
She feels she was somewhat hard on you in the heat of the moment.
她感觉自己一怒之下 对你有些太严厉了
Mrs Vadrukakis, I didn't
瓦杜卡基斯太太 我之前
really think about it before, but I have now.
没有想清楚 但我现在明白了
I promise to conserve animal life wherever possible.
我保证以后尽可能地保护动物
Thank you, Gerry.
谢谢你 格里
Larry! Oh, you're limping!
拉里 你怎么瘸了
I expect you'll want to talk about it.
你一定想谈谈吧
Listen... I'm sorry.
听着... 我很抱歉
- For what? - For being an idiot.
- 怎么了 - 我之前太傻了
Let's face it, I'm only ever going to be a writer.
还是面对现实吧 我只能做一名作家
- Oh, did the manly work not go very well? - No.
- 充满男子气概的工作不顺利吗 - 是啊
Let me make it better...
让我来安慰安慰你吧...
Cheeky!
真不要脸
Lugaretzia, I heard Louisa.
鲁格勒斯雅 我听说路易莎的事了
- She's alive. - Oh, right.
- 她还活着 - 那就好
- Florence! - Louisa!
- 佛罗伦斯 - 路易莎
- You nearly died! - Well, yes,
- 你差点死了 - 是啊
- but, erm, something really interesting has happened. - What?
- 但是发生了很有趣的事情 - 什么
I've fixed the generator!
我修好了发电机
So, erm, my news.
我的新闻是
Erm... Sven has asked me to marry him.
呃... 斯文向我求婚了
- What are you going to say? - God knows.
- 你打算怎么回复他 - 谁知道呢
Stop, please, Durrells.
拜托了 德雷尔
Enough! No more love!
够了 别光顾着爱爱了
I am uneasy at my conduct in the motor car,
我对自己在车里的行为感到很不安
and impressed by yours.
却被你的折服了
And your principled defence of your children.
你有原则地捍卫自己的孩子 很了不起
Though less so by your driving.
但你开车的时候没能体现出来
Yes.
是的
I still believe this isn't the best place to raise a family,
我仍然坚信 这不是抚养儿女的好地方
but I accept that the choice must be yours.
但我尊重你的选择
Thank you.
谢谢
I wish I cut a less stern figure.
我希望自己给别人的印象可以不那么严厉
If I'm honest, I miss you, Louisa...
说实话 路易莎 我很想念你...
and the children.
还有你的孩子
This was my heavy-handed attempt to make you come home.
那是我尝试让你回家的强硬手段
You'd do the same if you spent
你要是也跟普鲁和杰弗里
as much time as I do with Prue and Geoffrey.
一起呆那么长时间 你也会这么做的
We like it here, Auntie.
我们喜欢这里 姑妈
I see that now.
我现在明白了
And how you might be attracted to your...
也理解你为什么会喜欢上...
Goatherd?
牧羊人吗
Indeed.
没错
'There was an explosion
"在水灾过后
at the colliery following earlier flooding.
煤矿发生了一起爆炸
Britain plans to triple the size of its air force
英国计划扩大空军规模至之前三倍
in response to German re-armament. Prime Minister...'
来应对德国的军备 首相..."
Hooray!
好哇
It's been 86 minutes. I have to have your answer.
已经过去86分钟了 我需要你的回答
Sven, please play your accordion.
斯文 请演奏一下你的手风琴
I'd rather not.
还是不了吧
- So why did you bring it? - Fair point.
- 那你为什么要带来 - 有道理
Darling, I'm not betraying your father.
亲爱的 我不是在背叛你的父亲
He would be happy for me. And for you.
你会为我高兴的 也会为你高兴
I know. I just miss him.
我知道 我只是很想念他
So, how was the Countess?
那么 伯爵夫人怎么样了
She was sad, shaken. Dennis wasn't very happy with me.
她很忧伤 收到了惊吓 丹尼斯对我不太高兴
It might be time for me to
也许是时候
grow up a bit and learn some responsibility.
我成熟一点 承担责任了
You know, it's funny,
说来也好笑
cos I was just feeling like going the other way.
因为我正想反其道而行之
I'm coming round to calamari.
我开始喜欢吃鱿鱼了
Shall we go mad and risk an olive?
我们要不要再冒险加个橄榄
Everyone. Change of plan.
各位 计划有些变动
I'm going back to being a writer and an intellectual.
我要重拾我作家的职业 接着做知识分子
Yes!
太棒了
- They're feeding! - The owls!
- 它们开始吃东西了 - 那些猫头鹰
I can confidently say that
我可以很确信地说
Larry is probably the worst farmer on the planet.
拉里是世界上最差的农民
Although when he writes about it,
不过他写书的时候
I think he'll probably be rather better.
可能会把自己写得很厉害
Um... Listen, Sven, about your proposal.
听着 斯文 关于你的求婚
Just...
就是...
Yes.
我愿意