通过两个问题来发掘你的热情——并把它变成事业 Noeline Kirabo: 2 questions to uncover your passion -- and turn it into a career

上映日期: 0

语言:

影片类型:

导演:

演员: Noeline Kirabo


台词
When you have a job that pays you enough to cover your basic needs,
当你有一份薪资报酬 能满足你的基本需求,
your bills and even some more to spend,
付清你的账单以及额外的支出的工作,
the assumption is that you'd be happy,
我猜你会感到高兴,
or, even better, fulfilled.
或者,甚至可以说你很满足。
And it seems unthinkable when you wake up and say
如果你某天起床说要辞职去追寻
you're going to leave a job like that to pursue a passion.
你的热情所在, 这似乎是不可思议的。
And that was my dilemma six years ago.
而那就是我在六年前所陷入的处境。
I had a comfortable job, I lived a comfortable life,
我有一份满意的工作, 过着舒适的生活,
and people expected me to be fulfilled,
大家认为我应该很满足,
but I wasn't.
但是我并没有。
There was something in me that wanted more.
我的内心中有一部分 想得到更多的东西。
There was a misalignment between the things I did on a daily basis
我日常做的事情
and the things that I deeply cared about.
和我内心深处 最在乎的事情并不一致。
And so I decided to quit
所以我决定辞职,
and explore the possibility of bringing this passion into my daily routine.
去探索那些能给我的 生活轨迹带来热情的可能。
And the thing about finding your passion
然而探求自己的热情
is that it's not straightforward.
并不容易。
Even for people with money and degrees,
甚至对于那些富有的、 受过高等教育的人亦是如此,
they still struggle to identify their passion.
他们也在苦苦探索着 自己的热情所在。
And here I was as a 30-year-old,
我 30 岁时也是那样,
talking about finding my passion
总是谈论着要找到内心的热情,
and turning it into a career.
并将它变成自己的事业。
Literally, people told me,
说真的,人们总是告诉我,
"You don't talk about passion until you've made enough money --
“在你挣到足够的钱之前, 没有资格谈论热情——
(Laughter)
(笑声)
or at least until you're ready to retire."
或者起码等到你准备退休前。”
Because there's a notion that looking inward
因为很多人认为,反省自己,
and finding the things that give us pleasure and fulfillment
并且去寻找让我们感到 愉悦和满足的事情
is a luxury that only the rich can enjoy,
是有钱人才能享受的“特权”,
or a pleasure that only the retired can indulge in.
或者是退休了的人 才能体会到的快乐。
Which made me wonder:
这不禁让我感到疑惑:
Is passion only for the rich,
难道热情只有富人才能拥有,
or an experience only the retired can enjoy?
或是退了休的人才能享受吗?
For many of us, we've been led to believe
对于我们许多人来说, 我们被灌输了这样一种观点,
that life is a race of survival.
即生活是一场生存的比赛。
We've been conditioned to see ourselves as survivors
我们习惯于将自己视为幸存者,
that must do everything in our power to survive.
我们必须竭尽全力来生存。
In Africa, we're nurtured to go through school, cram and pass,
在非洲,我们从小被送去学校, 补习班,并被叮嘱要完成学业,
in the hope that you get a job after.
以便之后能顺利找到工作。
And if you do, stick at it no matter how much it sucks.
而且你一旦开始工作,就要坚持下去, 不管这份工作多么差劲,
(Laughter)
(笑声)
Until you get a better offer or you're asked to retire.
直到你找到了一个更好的工作, 或者准备好退休。
And as a dropout,
作为一个辍学的人,
I knew that I was not entitled to anything.
我知道我没有资格得到任何东西。
Every opportunity was a privilege.
所有的机会都是特权。
And so when I thought about quitting,
所以当我想到辞职的时候,
it was a huge risk.
我冒着一个巨大的冒险。
I was given two alternatives,
我有两个其他的选择,
which are the most popular in Africa.
也是在非洲最流行的选择。
The first one is sign up for any course at a vocational institution and do it.
第一个是在职业机构 报名学习新技能。
My second option, settle for any job offer you can get,
另一个选择是, 接受你能得到的任何工作机会,
no matter the working conditions,
不管工作条件如何,
and do it.
然后认真做下去。
That probably explains why we have so many of our young people
这或许可以解释为什么, 我们有如此多的年轻人
being trafficked in search of greener pastures.
为追寻更好的工作而被不断贩卖。
I opted for the first option.
我更倾向于第一个选择。
I did look at a couple vocational institutions
我的确研究了几所职业学校,
in the hope that I would find a course that resonated with my persona,
希望能够找到符合我的个性、
my dream and my aspiration.
梦想和志向的课程。
I was disappointed to learn that there was no room for misfits like me
然而我却失望地发现,这些机构
in these institutions.
根本没有我的一席之地。
The education system in many parts of the world
世界上许多地方的教育系统
has been designed around preselected options
都是围绕预选选项设计的,
that young people are expected to fit in or risk becoming misfits.
年轻人需要学会适应, 或者冒着格格不入的风险。
And so going through school, I was nurtured and conditioned
所以在学校里,我被培养和训练得
to think in the straight line and stay within the straight line.
只会线性思考和循规蹈矩。
But when I dropped out, I discovered a world of possibilities.
但是当我辍学的时候, 我发现了一个充满机会的世界。
I knew I could be anything, I could study anything,
我知道我可能成为任何人, 我可以学习任何东西,
and so I leveraged free online courses.
所以我充分利用了免费线上课程。
That's how I built my CV, got into employment
这就是我如何写出了 让我获得工作的简历,
and worked for eight years.
并且工作了八年。
And after eight years,
在八年之后,
I told myself there must be more to life
我告诉自己,生活一定可以更精彩,
than just going through the routines of life.
而不必每天只是例行公事。
So in 2014, I started an organization called Kyusa
所以在 2014 年,我创立了 一家叫做 Kyusa 的组织,
where we are working with out-of-school youth
致力于联合社会上的青年,
and empowering them to turn their passions
并鼓励他们利用自己的热情
into profitable, scalable and sustainable businesses.
来发展可盈利、可推广, 并且可持续的业务。
Now, when we talk about passion,
说到热情,
one of the most common questions that people ask is, "What is passion?
人们最常问的一个问题是, “什么是热情?
How do I even find it?"
我怎么才能找到它?”
And in the simplest definition,
一个最简单的定义就是,
passion is a collection of your life experiences
热情是你人生经历的收藏品,
that give you the deepest sense of fulfillment.
它能够激发你内心最深切的满足感。
And to identify your passion, you need to look inward.
想要发现你的热情, 就需要审视自己的内心。
So we use two reflective questions.
所以我们用了两个反省式的问题。
The first question we ask is,
我们问的第一个问题是,
"If you had all the time and the money in the world,
“如果你有世界上所有的时间和金钱。
what would you spend your time doing?"
你会花时间做什么?”
It sounds like a very simple question,
这看起来是个非常简单的问题,
but many people struggle to answer this question
但是很多人都不知道怎么回答,
because they've just never thought about it.
因为他们从来没有认真想过这个问题。
The second question we ask
我们问的第二个问题是,
is, "What makes you happy
“什么能让你开心,
or gives you the deepest sense of fulfillment?"
或者能给你最深切的满足感?”
Now, you would assume that we all know what makes us happy,
你们可能觉得 我们都知道这个问题的答案。
but it's also interesting to note that so many people have no idea
但是很有趣的一点是,许多人不知道
what makes them happy,
什么能让他们开心。
because they are so busy going through the routines of life,
因为他们忙于过着循规蹈矩的生活,
they've never stopped to look inward.
从来不会停下看看自己的内心。
And so identifying the things that give us a deep sense of fulfillment
因此,识别那些 能带给我们强烈的满足感
and the things that give us deep joy
和幸福感的事情,
are thoughts that begin to direct us in the direction of our passion.
就能引导我们找到自己的热情所在。
And just in case you're wondering
如果你们还不知道
what your answers are to those two questions,
自己的答案是什么,
I invite you to sit with these questions later and just reflect about it.
我建议你们花点时间仔细思考一下。
However, I am also aware
但是,我也意识到
that passion alone cannot guarantee success in life.
单单是热情并不能保证人生的成功。
And I should note
我应该指出,
that not every passion can become a career.
不是所有的热情都能转变成事业。
For passion to become a career,
为了让热情成为你的事业,
it must be coupled with the right set of skills, conditioning and positioning.
它需要与正确的 技能、条件和定位相结合。
So when we get our young people to look inward,
所以当我们让年轻人反省内心时,
we also ask them what skills do you have,
我们也会问他们有什么技能,
what talents do you have, what experience do you have
天赋和经历
that you can use to build a niche in the marketplace.
可以让他们在市场里 开辟一个利基市场。
But more than that, we also look at the market trends,
但是除此之外, 我们也会观察市场的走势,
because it doesn't matter how much you love and enjoy it.
因为无论你有多热爱或享受一件事情,
If nobody wants it or is willing to pay for it,
如果没有人需要,或者不愿为此掏钱,
it can't be a career.
这就不能成为一个事业,
It's just a hobby.
而只是一个兴趣。
And the third thing we look at is how do you position yourself?
我们考虑的第三件事情是, 你如何给自己定位?
Who are you targeting? Who do you want to sell to?
你的目标群体是谁? 你想把产品卖给谁?
Why would they want to buy from you?
为什么他们想从你这里买东西?
And so the combination of the three is what enables you to move
这三者相结合就能让你
from just a passion to a business.
把一份热情变成一项事业。
And many of our young people have been able to turn their ideas
许多我们的年轻人 可以把他们的想法
and burning desires into profitable businesses
和热切的希望 变成可盈利的生意
or social enterprises,
或者社会企业,
and they're not just creating jobs,
他们不仅在创造就业机会,
but they are solving societal challenges.
还在解决社会难题。
I'll share with you two examples.
我想和你们分享两个例子。
One of them is Esther.
其中一个是伊斯尔(Esther)。
I met Esther two years ago.
我两年前认识了伊斯尔。
She had been out of school for two years,
当时她已经离开学校两年,
and she had been deeply affected by her dropping out.
辍学对她造成了很大的影响。
As a result, she had experienced severe depression
结果,她患上了严重的抑郁症,
to a point where she attempted to take her own life several times.
甚至数次试图自杀。
Her friends and family didn't know what to do for her.
她的朋友和家人 不知道能为她做点什么。
They simply prayed for her.
他们只是为她祈祷。
When I met Esther and I started to converse with her,
当我遇到伊斯尔时,我开始同她交谈,
I asked her a simple question.
我问了她一个简单的问题。
I said, "If you had all the time and the money in the world,
我说:“如果你有世界上 所有的时间和金钱,
what would you do?"
你会做什么?”
Without thinking or hesitation,
几乎就在一瞬间,
her eyes lit up and she began to tell me
她的眼睛开始变得有神, 她不假思索地告诉我,
how she wanted to change the lives of young people.
她多么希望能改变年轻人的命运,
She wanted to restore hope and dignity to other teenagers
通过为他们的人生决定 提供建设性意见,
by helping them make informed decisions about life.
来帮助他们重拾希望和尊严。
I was certain of the fact that this burning desire in her
我非常确定,这股燃烧的希望
was unquenchable.
在她心中不可撼动。
And so we worked with Esther to put a framework around this desire.
所以我们和伊斯尔一起, 为她的希望绘制了一张蓝图。
Today, she runs a social enterprise in her village,
现在,她在她的村子里 经营一个社会企业,
raising awareness about substance abuse, mental health, sexual reproductive health
以唤起人们对滥用药物、 心理健康与生殖健康的意识。
and is helping other school dropouts acquire vocational skills,
她还帮助其他的辍学生 获得了职业技能,
so they can make a living for themselves.
从而维持自己的生活。
Esther turned 20 this year,
伊斯尔今年 20 岁了。
and for the last two years, she has organized an annual teen fest
在过去两年里, 她组织了年度青少年节,
that brings together over 500 teenagers.
召集了超过 500 名青少年。
(Applause)
(掌声)
Young people that are able to network and collaborate
年轻人可以在不同的项目中
on different projects,
互相认识,展开合作;
but more importantly to meet professionals they would otherwise never have met.
更重要的是,能够遇见他们 平时很难接触的专业人士。
This is all engineered by a girl that believed the world had no room for her,
这一切都由一位自认为世界上 并无自己容身之处的女孩策划,
that without education she would never amount to anything.
一个认为没有了接受教育的机会, 她会一事无成的女孩。
But by looking inward and tapping into a burning desire,
通过听从内心, 并基于一个热切的希望,
putting structure around it,
围绕着它制定计划,
it has become a model that not only changed her life
这种希望变成了一个模型, 不仅改变了她的人生,
but is transforming the lives of hundreds of young people every year.
每年还改变了上百名青少年的人生。
My other example is Musa.
另一个例子是穆沙(Musa)。
Musa is a natural artistic guy.
穆沙是个有艺术天赋的家伙。
He's the kind that would look at any design and replicate it with ease.
他是那种看任何设计一眼 就能轻松复制它的人。
And so he seeks to recognize that ability in him.
所以他试图去挖掘自己的长处。
When I met Musa, he was doing all kinds of crafts --
当我遇到穆沙的时候, 他在做各种各样的手工——
bags, belts, wallets --
袋子,皮带,钱包——
but it was more of a part-time thing.
但是这更像是一个业余工作。
Or sometimes, if he was really broke and needed to make quick money,
或者有时候, 如果他急需用钱,
then he would come up with a design and sell it.
他会想出一个设计然后卖掉。
But he had never thought of it as a business.
但是他从没想过把这变成生意。
We started working with Musa,
我们开始和穆沙合作,
helping him shift his mindset from a hobby to a business
帮助他把想法从爱好变成生意,
and beginning to rethink how he can make products that he could sell
并且开始重新构想他应该 如何制作可售卖的产品,
and even be able to scale.
甚至可以扩大规模。
Musa makes some of the most amazing bags I've ever seen,
穆沙做了一些 我所见过的最棒的手提包,
and over the last one year, Musa's business has grown.
在过去的一年, 穆沙的生意变大了。
He has been recognized in different places.
他的才华越来越广泛的受到认可。
Currently, he's talking about exporting to developed countries.
最近,他在考虑 把产品出口到发达国家。
Musa, like any other dropout,
穆沙,和其他的辍学者一样,
believed that without academic credentials,
曾相信没有学历,
he wouldn't amount to anything.
他什么也做不了。
He thought the talent he had was nothing
他曾觉得他的才能毫无用处,
simply because he did not have an academic paper to define him.
就因为没有学术论文去支持。
But by looking inward and finding that what he had was the greatest asset
但是通过审视自己的内心,他发现 他所拥有的东西是他最大的财富,
and supporting him to turn it into a business,
并想办法把自己的才能变成了生意。
he's not just living -- he's thriving.
除了生存,他还赋予了生命 更丰富的意义。
The thing about looking inward is that it can be scary,
审视自身可能会让人害怕,
especially if you're doing it for the first time.
尤其是当你第一次这么做的时候。
But the truth is you never truly start living
但事实是,你从未真正的活着,
until you learn to live from the inside out.
直到你活出自我。
And in unlocking potential, we need to look inward to identify
想要释放潜能, 我们就需要审视自我并找出
the things that give us a deep sense of fulfillment,
给我们深切满足感的事情,
the things that give us the deepest joy,
给我们带来深切喜悦的事情,
and then weave them into the patterns of our daily routines.
然后把它们编织进 日常生活的蓝图中。
In so doing, we cease to work and we start to live.
在做这件事的时候, 我们才能从工作中停下并开始生活,
And the thing about living is that you never have to retire or to resign.
生活的好处在于我们 永远不用退休或者辞职。
(Laughter)
(笑声)
(Applause)
(掌声)
And so as you think about unlocking potential for ourselves,
所以,当你想到为了自己,
for our young people, for our children,
为了年轻人,为了孩子 能够发掘自己的无限潜能,
let's not condition them to look outward
我们不要训练他们局限于外部,
but condition them to look inward
而是训练他们审视内心,
to tap into who they are and bring that self into what they do every day.
唤醒他们真正的自我, 并将这种自我意识融入每日的生活。
When you cease to work and you live,
当你放下工作,开始生活,
when passion becomes a career,
当热情变成了事业,
you don't just excel,
你不只是卓越,
you become unstoppable.
你将势不可挡。
Thank you.
谢谢。
(Applause)
(掌声)