该如何将气候焦虑化为行动 Renée Lertzman: How to turn climate anxiety into action

上映日期: 0

语言:

影片类型:

导演:

演员: Renée Lertzman


台词
It's deeply painful
面对我们星球上
to face what's happening on our planet right now.
正在发生的事是非常痛苦的。
From forests burning,
森林在燃烧,
ocean plastic,
海洋遍布塑料,
species just gone each day,
物种一天天消逝,
displacement.
生命进行大置换。
It's easy to feel totally overwhelmed.
这一切都太容易 让人觉得喘不过气。
Maybe a bit helpless.
你可能会有点无助。
Powerless.
觉得无计可施。
Angry.
怒火中烧。
On fire.
如坐针毡。
Numb.
麻木不仁。
Disconnected.
心绪凌乱。
Perhaps all of the above.
可能上述这些情绪你都会有。
These messy and complicated feelings,
这些混乱复杂的情感
they make total sense.
全都说得通。
I wish that someone had said this to me 30 years ago.
我多希望 30 年前 能有人对我说这些话。
I was a college freshman taking environmental studies,
当时我是个大学新生, 选了环境研究这门课,
which is basically a semester of really bad news
基本上一学期听到的全是 非常糟糕的新闻。
about all the ways that humans have profoundly damaged
内容都是关于人类如何严重破坏了
our beautiful earth.
我们美丽的地球。
And I felt like I had been dropped into a dark tunnel,
我觉得自己仿佛掉进了 一个黑暗的隧道,
given no tools to get out
没有任何方法可以离开,
and yet expected to carry on with my everyday life
但我仍期望我的日常生活
as if things were normal.
能够一如既往的平静。
But once you're exposed to that kind of information,
可一旦你接收到了那类信息,
things are not normal anymore.
事情再也不会如常了。
And I was anxious, I was terrified,
我很焦虑,也很恐惧,
no one was talking about this,
没人在谈论这个问题。
and I almost dropped out of school, for real.
坦白说,我差点因此而退学。
But instead, I signed up for a field study in California,
不过我并没有退学,而是报名参加了 加利福尼亚的田野调查。
and we were backpacking together as a small group for two months,
两个月的时间里,我们 结成了小组,一起徒步旅行。
which I know sounds very intense.
我知道这听上去非常辛苦。
And it was, but what I found is that we talked a lot.
事实也确实如此。 但我发现我们聊了很多。
We talked about how we were feeling
我们谈论了各自
about the world,
对世界的感受,
openly and honestly,
大家都开诚布公,
and no one told me at any point to be more positive
从没有人对我说要变得更积极,
or more hopeful.
或更充满希望。
Not once.
一次都没有。
And surprisingly, I found myself feeling better.
然而令人惊讶的是, 我发现自己感觉好多了。
I actually felt like I could face these issues
事实上,我感到自己更能面对
that had seemed so insurmountable
那些似乎难以克服的问题。
more head on.
我能直面这些了。
And I had this epiphany:
我有了这个顿悟:
What if by understanding ourselves
如果通过自我了解
and one another,
和了解他人,
we could find our way through this crisis
我们能找到一种全新的,不同的方式
in a new and different way?
来度过这场危机呢?
You know, what if psychology actually held
如果心理学中确实隐藏着
a missing key to unlocking action
一把缺失的钥匙,
on the greatest challenges facing our planet right now?
能把如今面对我们星球的 艰巨挑战化为行动呢?
So when I got back from the field study,
所以当我结束实地调查回去之后,
I focused on clinical psychology,
我开始专注于临床心理学,
and I researched the relationships
研究创伤、哀伤
between trauma and grief and creativity.
和创造力这三者之间的关系。
And the paradox at the heart of, I think, all of this
我觉得,所有问题的核心矛盾
is how do we stay present
就在于,我们在非常悲伤的时候
with what's really painful,
如何保持现状,
how do we stay connected
我们在面临威胁、
in the face of what's threatening and overwhelming and scary?
压力和惊吓时 如何与他人保持联系?
And it turns out that psychology knows a lot about these things.
事实证明,心理学 对这些事情很有研究。
Truly, a lot.
真的是非常精通。
But I wasn't hearing any of this being referenced
但是无论是在环境研究课上,
in my environmental studies class,
还是我那时开始参加的 气候行动会议,
or the climate action meetings I started going to,
甚至国际会议,
or the international conferences,
我都从没听过这类内容被提起。
where everyone is asking:
每个人都在倡导:
Why aren't we acting faster, and what's it going to take?
为什么我们不加快行动? 我们要付出什么代价?
And so this has become my mission of sorts,
于是这变成了我的某种使命,
which is that I take insights from psychology
那就是,从心理学中获得洞见,
and I translate them into resources and tools
然后把它们转化成资源和工具,
to support those working on the frontlines to turn things around.
以支持一线工作者们扭转乾坤,
And that means for anyone, by the way.
也就是我们所有人。
We're all on the frontlines right now.
我们现在都处于前线。
And it's my belief,
在多年
after years of straddling these worlds
穿梭于环境、气候 和心理学的世界之后,
between environment and climate and psychology,
我也相信,
that this actually is a missing ingredient in our work
这实际上是我们工作中缺少的要素,
that can exponentially accelerate our capacities to be creative
可以指数级加速我们的能力,
and resilient and capable and skillful and courageous
让我们变得更具有创造力、有韧性、 有能力、有技巧、充满勇气,
and all those things that the world is needing from us right now.
当今世界正需要 我们身上的这些特质。
So I'm going to share three concepts with you
因此,我将和大家分享三个
that I found particularly game-changing
我觉得特别具有影响力的概念,
and how I make sense of this moment
以及我是如何理解这一刻
for us as humans.
对于我们人类的意义。
And the first is something called our window of tolerance.
第一个概念是我们的容忍范围。
So Dr. Dan Siegel has described us all as having a window.
丹•西格尔博士曾形容, 人人都拥有一个容忍范围。
How much stress can we tolerate
在保持和外界联系的同时
while staying connected
我们能承受多少压力?
and what clinicians would call "integrated."
临床医生称其为“整合”。
Integrated, where we can actually
整合,即我们真切地
be in touch with our thoughts and feelings
与思想和情感保持联系,
and not just get kind of co-opted.
而不只是某种被动接受。
And we all have a threshold.
我们都有容忍的限度。
And what happens when we experience stress
当面临超出我们忍受范围的压力时,
beyond what we can tolerate?
会发生什么?
We tend to go into the edges of our window.
我们倾向于接近 容忍界限的边缘。
And on one hand,
一方面,
we might go into a sort of collapse,
我们可能会陷入某种崩溃,
what's called a chaotic response,
也就是所谓的混沌反应。
which looks like depression, despair,
我们会感到沮丧、绝望、
kind of a shutting down.
有种停摆了的感觉。
And on the other side of this window is a more rigid response:
在容忍范围的另一边 则是一种更僵化的反应:
denial,
否认,
anger,
愤怒,
rigid.
僵化。
And so when that happens,
所以当这种情况发生时,
we actually lose our capacity to be integrated,
我们实际上失去了情绪整合、
resilient, adaptive,
韧性、适应力,
all those things that we want to be.
以及所有我们想要的情绪控制力。
And this is totally normal,
这很正常,
but it's happening all around the world right now, right?
但也在全世界发生着,不是吗?
We're all vacillating between these different feelings and emotions.
我们都在这些不同的感受 和情绪之间摇摆不定。
And so with something like climate change,
正因如此, 在像气候变化之类的问题上,
with every new scientific report,
每一份新的科学报告,
documentary,
纪录片,
connecting the dots between, you know, what we're doing
都在将我们在做的事情, 和这些事情产生的影响
and the impact it's having,
联系起来,
it can collectively be pushing us outside of our window of tolerance.
从而可能会将我们共同 推到容忍范围之外。
And we lose that capacity, right?
然后我们就失去 容忍的能力了,对吧?
So, over the years, I've interviewed hundreds of people
这些年来,我采访了数百名
from all backgrounds and political affiliations,
有着不同背景和政治倾向的人。
from the Midwest US to China,
他们有的来自美国中西部, 有的来自中国。
and I talked to people about how are we feeling
我和他们谈论了
about what's happening.
对正在发生的事情的感受。
Not what opinions or beliefs.
不是什么观点或者信念,
What are we feeling
而是我们各自
about what's going on with your local environment,
对当地环境的感受,
with your water, your soil, the big picture.
水,土壤,整个环境。
And what I hear from people
可以和大家说,我几乎是
almost across the board, I'm telling you,
从各界人士那听到的,
is a bind.
都是束缚。
People tell me at some point in the conversation,
人们在谈话中的某个时刻告诉我,
"I care very deeply about what's happening,
“我非常关心正在发生的事情,
I'm incredibly freaked out.
我真的被吓坏了。
I'm scared,
我很害怕,
I love this land, I love the birds,"
我爱这片土地,我爱鸟儿,”
whatever that is,
诸如此类,
"But I feel like my actions are insignificant.
“但是我觉得我的举动微不足道。
And I don't know where to start.
我也不知道从何开始。
And I'm also --"
我也……”
I hear between the lines of what people say --
我听懂了人们字里行间的含义——
"I'm really scared to change.
“我真的很害怕改变。
Really scared of any change, it's so --
真的很害怕任何改变,这真的太……
I can't even think about it, it's like, unthinkable."
我甚至想都不敢想, 无法想象。”
And this is the second concept,
这就是我要说的第二个概念,
which is something called a double bind.
叫做“双重束缚”。
And a double bind is when we feel sort of like, damned if you do,
双重束缚就是我们会感觉有点像 被诅咒,事情做也不是,
and damned if you don't,
不做也不是,
and you're just kind of stuck there.
只能单纯地被困在原地。
It's a very intolerable human experience.
这种人生体验令人难以忍受。
And we will do anything we can to get rid of it and just push it away.
我们会竭尽所能摆脱它,将其推开。
And so all that care and concern,
于是所有的在意和关心,
it's there, it just goes down, it goes underground.
都在渐渐减退, 隐藏起来,消失不见。
But what happens is,
但实际发生的是,
it looks like people don't care, it looks like apathy.
看起来人们并不在乎, 表现得很冷漠。
And so a lot of folks who are seeing the urgency of the situation
许多看到这种紧迫情况的人都是
are like, "We've got to motivate you.
“我们必须给你鼓劲。
We've got to get you psyched."
我们得让你振奋起来。”
And we become cheerleaders for solutions.
然后我们就变成了 解决方案的啦啦队长。
Or like, "Here's the facts, this is happening, wake up."
或者会像这样,“事实摆在眼前, 一切正在发生,赶快清醒吧。”
And these things are actually not inherently bad,
实际上,这些事情本身并不糟糕,
because we need solutions and we need to face the facts.
因为我们需要解决方案, 我们也需要面对现实。
But inadvertently, this can backfire
但这些无意间都会适得其反,
and lead to more numbing and inaction,
并且导致更多的麻木和无所作为,
which is very perplexing for a lot of people.
这些情况对许多人来说都非常困惑。
It's like, what the heck is going on, right?
这就像,“这都什么情况啊”,是吧?
And so, this is because of this, you know,
其实,这都是因为
it's not really touching what's going on underneath.
我们没有真正触及问题的核心。
So imagine that you go see a therapist,
想象一下, 你去看心理治疗师,
and you've got a double bind.
你正在经受着双重束缚。
You're feeling really stuck,
你感觉陷入了困境,
you know you've got to change
也知道你应该改变,
and the therapist starts shouting at you
然后心理治疗师开始冲你大喊大叫,
and saying, "Don’t you see what's happening?
说:“你没看到发生了什么吗?
If you don't act now,
如果你不马上行动,
you're going to face terrifying consequences.
会面临可怕的后果。
Don’t you care?
你都不在乎吗?
What's wrong with you?
你到底怎么了?
What's it going to take?"
你到底想要怎么办?”
Or you see a therapist and you're feeling actually sad
或者你觉得真的非常难过悲伤,
and grief.
然后你去找心理治疗师。
And this therapist says,
这位心理治疗师说:
"You know, don't think about it too much.
“别想太多。
Here's some simple things you can do.
你可以做做这些
Simple positive things."
简单而有积极意义的事情。”
And sends you on your way.
然后让你从哪来回哪去。
So if it were me,
如果是我的话,
I would fire this therapist immediately,
我会马上解雇这些治疗师。
because a good therapist practices something called attunement.
因为好的治疗师会尝试一种 叫做调和的方式。
I love this concept so much.
我非常喜欢这个概念。
Attunement, right, the word "to tune."
调和,没错,其中有个“调”字。
And attunement is when we're feeling in sync,
调和是当我们的感受同步,
when we feel understood
当我们感到被理解,
and we feel accepted for exactly where we are.
自己的状况被完全接受时,
And we feel that, you know,
感受到
we're in relationship with the world in a way that makes sense,
我们是以一种有意义的方式 和世界建立了联系。
no one's trying to change us
没有人试图改变我们,
or shame us or judge us.
羞辱我们或是批判我们。
Right?
我说清楚了吗?
And attunement takes skill.
调和需要技巧。
When the stakes are high,
当风险很高的时候,
let me tell you, it's very hard to want to attune with anything,
可以告诉大家的是, 当我们面临紧急的威胁时,
when we're facing such urgent threats.
很难去调和任何东西。
But the paradox of the moment we're in
但我们现在面临的矛盾是,
is that when we are more in tune in our window of tolerance,
当我们在忍受范围内更协调的时候,
we are so much more capable of solving problems,
我们解决问题的能力更强,
being creative, being adaptive,
也更能富于创造,更有适应力,
being flexible,
更加灵活,
being our brilliant selves, right?
更能发挥出自己的潜能。
So what if our climate and environmental work
如果我们从忍受范围, 诸多的双重束缚,
was informed by these concepts, right,
以及心理调和
of window of tolerance,
等这些概念中
lot of double binds
得到了气候和环境工作的启示
and attunement?
会如何?
So it can look like a whole lot of things.
看起来似乎很复杂。
So I'm asked all the time,
我一直被问道,
"OK, Renee, this sounds awesome for a clinical context,
“好吧,蕾妮, 临床上是听起来很赞,
we don't have time for this."
可我们没办法 为这么多东西花时间。“
And that is absolutely not true.
这绝对是一种误解。
Because we can bring attunement
因为我们可以将调和
into every aspect of our work on this issue.
融入与此议题相关工作的各个方面。
And it starts with ourselves.
先从我们自身出发。
You actually can't do attunement unless you're in touch with yourself,
很遗憾告诉大家, 除非你自己和你的心灵保持相通,
I'm sorry to break it to you.
否则是没有办法完成调和的。
There's no way around it.
没有其他可行的方法,
It's from the inside out.
它是由内而外的。
And so it starts with actually tuning in to "how am I feeling?"
真正的调和是从 “我感觉如何?”开始的。
And being compassionate.
接着是保持同情心。
I know it's easy to say
我知道这些说起来都很容易,
but really being compassionate,
但要真的富有同情心
it's like, these are hard issues.
是很困难的事。
This is a hard moment to be a human being,
这是人类的艰难时刻,
we're waking up.
我们在慢慢清醒。
I'm not a bad person.
“我不是个坏人啊。
What's going on,
到底发生了什么?”
bring curiosity into our own experience,
将好奇心带入我们自己的经历,
which then allows us to attune socially,
然后让我们进行社交上的调和,
that's the next way we can apply this,
这就是我们可以用到调和的地方。
is attuning, whether it's in small groups
无论是在小群体
or one-on-one,
还是一对一的环境中,
campaigning, strategy, classrooms, movie theaters,
活动,方略,教室,电影院,
parks.
还有公园。
Where we can give each other permission to just be who we are,
我们可以允许彼此只做自己,
and again, this allows us to move
再一次地,这让我们进入
into the higher level functioning.
更高层次的运转中。
The executive function, the prefrontal cortex,
执行功能, 前额叶皮层,
when we feel that our nervous system can calm down
当我们感觉到神经系统镇定下来,
and we are understood by the other.
接着我们就会彼此理解。
And the third way is leading with attunement.
第三种思路就是 用调和的方式去领导。
As leaders and influencers,
作为领导者和有影响力的人,
showing up as human, as real,
要表现自己人性的一面,要真实,
saying, "You know what?
说:“你知道吗?
I am really scared.
我真的吓到了。
I don't know what all the answers are."
我不知道所有的应对方法。”
Can you imagine leaders saying that?
你能想象领导们说出这些话吗?
"I don't know.
“我不知道。
But here we are, and we're all needed.
但是我们都在这儿, 我们都是被需要的。
And we're in this together.
我们会众志成城。
And we can do this."
我们可以做到的。”
That's a very different message than just, "We can do this," right.
这和只说“我们可以做到” 完全不同,对吧?
It's like, "Here we are.
这就像在说,”我们在这儿。
I'm scared, but this is happening."
我很害怕,但事态就是如此。”
So here's the thing,
所以说,
all of this work exists,
这些工作全都存在,
we have the tools to create these conditions
而我们拥有工具能创造这些条件
that can allow us to show up
来让我们彰显
as our brilliant selves.
出色的自我。
And I know, without doubt, 100 percent,
我十分确信,
that each one of us has the capacity
我们每个人都有能力
to meet these challenges with the ingenuity
发挥聪明才智去挑战难题,
and brilliance and bravery that we as humans have.
而才华和勇气正是 我们人类拥有的。
We just need to cultivate the conditions together.
我们只需要共同培养这些条件。
We need each other.
我们需要彼此,
To support each other
去互相支持,
and allow ourselves to really meet this.
让我们真正实现这个目标。
That's what we need, so ...
那正是我们需要的,所以……
Let's take a deep breath.
让我们深吸一口气,
Have compassion for ourselves
对自己和彼此共情,
and one another in this moment, time in history,
在此时此刻,
so we collectively process these painful truths,
让我们共同面对这些痛苦的事实,
these difficult realities.
这些艰难的现实。
Let's do this together.
让我们一起行动。
The world is ready for us to do this.
世界在等待着我们行动。
And we can do this.
而我们也有能力做到这些。
Thank you.
谢谢大家。
(Applause)
(掌声)