斯巴达克斯 Spartacus

上映日期: 1,960

语言: 英语

影片类型: 剧情 / 动作 / 传记 / 历史 / 冒险

导演: 斯坦利·库布里克

演员: 柯克·道格拉斯 / 劳伦斯·奥利弗 / 简·西蒙斯 / 查尔斯·劳顿 / 彼得·乌斯蒂诺夫 / 约翰·加文 / 尼娜·弗彻 / 托尼·柯蒂斯


台词
斯 巴 达 克 斯
In the last century before the birth...
西元前一世纪
of the new faith called Christianity...
在基督教信仰诞生的时候
which was destined to overthrow the pagan tyranny of Rome...
旨在推翻罗马的异教暴政
and bring about a new society...
并建立新的社会
the Roman republic stood at the very centre of the civilized world.
取代以罗马共和国 为中心的文明世界
"Of all things fairest," sang the poet...
诗人赞颂到 众神的国度中
"first among cities and home of the gods is golden Rome."
最美好的事物 便是金色的罗马
Yet even at the zenith of her pride and power...
然而 正值全盛时期的罗马
the Republic lay fatally stricken with a disease called...
却受到一种致命疾病的侵袭
human slavery.
那就是奴隶制度
The age of the dictator was at hand...
独裁的时代已悄然成形
waiting in the shadows for the event to bring it forth.
隐身于黑暗之中 伺机而动
In that same century...
就在同一世纪
in the conquered Greek province of Thrace...
希腊色雷斯省被征服的同时
an illiterate slave woman added to her master's wealth...
一名不识字的女奴 增加了她主人的财富
by giving birth to a son whom she named Spartacus.
生下一名男婴 取名为斯巴达格斯
A proud, rebellious son...
一个骄傲 叛逆的儿子
who was sold to living death in the mines of Libya...
被卖到如人间炼狱般的 利比亚矿场
before his thirteenth birthday.
当时他年仅12岁
There, under whip and chain and sun...
在那里 他渡过了青春岁月
he lived out his youth and his young manhood...
每天饱受日晒鞭打
dreaming the death of slavery...
幻想着奴隶制度终将结束
2,000 years before it finally would die.
他的梦想在两千年后才实现
Back to work!
回去工作
Get up, Spartacus, you Thracian dog!
起来 斯巴达格斯 你这只色雷斯狗
Come on, get up!
你给我起来
My ankle, my ankle!
我的脚踝 我的脚踝
My ankle!
我的脚踝
Spartacus again? This time he dies.
又是斯巴达格斯 这次他死定了
Back to work, all ofyou!
全部给我回去工作
-Welcome, Lentulus Batiatus. -Welcome, indeed, my dear captain.
-欢迎 兰托勒斯 -是该欢迎我 亲爱的队长
Eleven miles through the disastrous heat...
在酷热下跋涉了十一英哩
and the cost of hiring an escort... ruinous.
雇用护卫的开销更是惊人
Even so, I warrant you have nothing fit to sell me,
尽管如此 我保证你没有
have you, Captain?
合适的货色可以卖给我
I've wasted my time and my money. Tell me the truth.
我的时间跟金钱都浪费了 告诉我实话吧
I think we have a few you might be interested in.
我想有几个货色 你应该会感兴趣
What, these? Carrion! The buzzards are late.
什么 就这些 这些在等死
This one here's not bad. He's a Gaul.
这边这个还不错 他是高庐人
I don't like Gauls. Hairy.
我不喜欢高庐人 体毛太多
-Can he come down from there unassisted? -Come down, you!
-他不用别人帮忙下得来吗 -你给我下来
Come down!
滚下来
Be good enough to show me the teeth.
最好能让我看他的牙齿
-Open your mouth! -Thank you.
-把嘴张开 -谢谢你
Yes. As the teeth go, so go the bones.
没错 牙齿不行 骨骼就不行
This mouth is really impermissible.
这张嘴不合格
-The fellow's made of chalk. -We have others. Many others!
-这家伙是纸老虎 -还有其他的货色
The sun's over there. I have to pay these people.
太阳在那边 我还得花钱请他们
Who's that?
那是谁
This one's a Thracian. I'm making an example of him.
那是个色雷斯人 我用他来杀鸡儆猴的
-How? -Starve him to death.
-打算怎么做 -让他活活饿死
It's the only thing impresses slaves.
这是唯一会让奴隶害怕的事
What a pity.
真可怜
He reacts. Good muscle tone. Can I see his teeth?
他还有反应 肌肉很结实 能看他的牙齿吗
Open your mouth, Spartacus!
斯巴达格斯 把嘴张开
You smell like a rhinoceros.
他闻起来像犀牛
Captain, you asked him to open his mouth. He doesn't obey you?
队长 你叫他把嘴张开 他敢不服从
His teeth are the best thing about him.
他的牙齿是他最大的特征
He hamstrung a guard with them not more than an hour ago.
一个小时前 他才咬断一名卫兵的脚筋
Hamstrung? How marvellous! I wish I'd been here.
脚筋 太不可思议了 真希望我在场
I'll take him. Let's look at some of the others.
这个我要了 去看其他的吧
Come along!
走快一点
In spite of sickness and death, we will profit 11,000 sesterces!
扣除伤亡外 我们可以获利一万一千元
Including your commission, of course.
当然还包含你的佣金在内
No, sir. Without my commission.
不 主人 还不包含我的佣金
Marcellus, there they are.
马塞拉斯 都在那儿了
They're a dirty -looking lot, but it's the best I could find.
看起来虽然脏 却是我能找到最好的了
No one else could have made so fine a choice.
没人能做出更好的选择了
Slaves...
奴隶们
you have arrived at the gladiatorial school of Lentulus Batiatus.
你们现在到了 兰托勒斯的斗剑学校
Here you will be trained by experts to fight in pairs to the death.
在这里 你们会受专门训练 进行双人的生死格斗
Obviously, you won't be required to fight to the death here.
很明显的 你们不会被要求 在这里进行生死格斗
That will only be after you've been sold...
而会在你们被卖掉以后
and then for ladies and gentlemen of quality...
上流社会要求
those who appreciate a fine kill.
被懂得欣赏格斗的
A gladiator's like a stallion, He must be pampered.
斗剑士就像匹种马 必须养尊处优
You'll be oiled, bathed...
会有人帮你们涂油 沐浴
shaved, massaged, taught to use your heads.
刮胡子 按摩 教你们用脑袋思考
A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself!
好的体格配上笨头脑 就像生命本身一样廉价
You'll be given your ceremonial caudas.
你们会绑正式的发髻
Marcellus, please. There.
麻烦你 马塞拉斯 就是这种
Be proud of them.
以你的发髻为荣
On certain special occasions, those of you who please me...
在特殊的情况下 你们之中让我高兴的
will even be given the companionship of a young lady.
还能得到年轻女子的陪伴
Approximately half our graduates...
大约有半数的结业生
live for five, ten... ten years.
可以活五 活十年
Some of them even attain freedom...
有些甚至获得自由
and become trainers themselves.
成为训练师
Marcellus.
就像马塞拉斯一样
I congratulate you. And may fortune smile on most of you.
我在此恭喜你们 愿幸运之神眷顾你们
Marcellus, watch the second from the right.
马塞拉斯 注意右边第二个
He's a Thracian. They were going to kill him for hamstringing a guard.
他是色雷斯人 差点因为咬断卫兵的脚筋被杀
-We'll break him of that. -Don't overdo it. He has quality.
-我们会矫正他 -别做得太过火 他有潜力
Next.
下一个
Next.
下一个
I like you.
我喜欢你们
I want you to be my friend.
我希望你们是我的朋友
I want to be your friend.
也希望我是你们的朋友
All I ask is that you get along with me.
我只要求大家好好相处
What's your name, slave?
奴隶 你叫什么名字
Spartacus.
斯巴达格斯
I feel you don't like me.
我感觉你不喜欢我
Give him your sword.
把剑给他
Take it!
拿着
I have a feeling you want to kill me.
我感觉你想杀我
This is the only chance you'll ever get.
这是你唯一的机会
Kill me!
杀我啊
Don't be afraid, slave.
奴隶 用不着害怕
You have that sword.
你手里有剑
I only have this piece of wood!
我只有一把木刀
Are you going to disobey me?
你打算违背我的命令
Take his sword.
把他的剑拿走
You're not as stupid as I thought.
你不像我想的那么笨
You might even be intelligent.
甚至你可能很聪明
That's dangerous for slaves.
而那对奴隶来说很危险
You just remember...
你只要记住
from now on, everything you do, I'll be watching.
从今以后 不论你做什么 我都会特别注意
You did the right thing.
你刚才做得对
Every once in a while, Marcellus likes to kill a man as an example.
每隔一阵子 马塞拉斯就喜欢杀鸡儆猴
I think he's picked you. Better watch him.
我想他是找上了你 最好小心点
-How long have you been here? -Six months.
-你来这里多久了 -六个月
I wish he'd pick me.
我希望他找上我
I want one chance at that pig before they carry me out!
在被他们抬出去前 我希望有机会杀了他
Quiet! No talking down there.
安静 不准在下面说话
You'll get us all in trouble, just like in the mines.
你会像在矿场一样 连累我们的
What's your name?
你叫什么名字
You don't want to know my name.
你不会想知道我的名字
I don't want to know your name.
我也不想知道你的名字
Just a friendly question.
只是想表示友善
Gladiators don't make friends.
斗剑士不交朋友的
If we're ever matched in the arena together...
我们如果被安排 在竞技场上厮杀
I'll have to kill you.
我就必须杀了你
Helena...
海莲娜
with Galino.
跟格利诺
Patricia...
派翠西亚
Crixus.
魁克斯
Priscilla...
普莉西拉
David.
大卫
Claudia...
克萝迪亚
Pharox.
佛拉克斯
Varinia...
薇瑞妮亚
-Dionysius. -No, no. Spartacus.
-狄奈赛斯 -不 不对 斯巴达格斯
Spartacus.
斯巴达格斯
Felicia...
佛莉西亚
I've never had a woman.
我从没有过女人
You have one now, Spartacus. You must take her.
斯巴达格斯 现在你有女人了 快点上啊
-Go away. -What will she think of you?
-走开 -她会怎么看你呢
Indeed, what will I think of you?
我又会怎么看你呢
Go away.
走开
Come, come. Be generous. We must learn to share our pleasures.
别这样 大方点 我们必须学习分享快乐
I'm not an animal!
我不是动物
You're not trying to escape, by any chance?
你该不是想要逃走吧
Direct your courage to the girl, Spartacus.
你该把你的勇气用在女人身上
I'm not an animal!
我不是动物
-I'm not an animal. -Neither am I.
-我不是动物 -我也不是
What's your name?
你叫什么名字
Varinia.
薇瑞妮亚
You'll have to take her out of here, Marcellus.
马塞拉斯 你得把她带走
You may not be an animal, Spartacus...
斯巴达格斯 也许你不是动物
but this sorry show gives me very little hope...
但是你刚才的表现让我怀疑
that you'll ever be a man.
你能否成为真正的男人
First rule:
第一条规则
You get an instant kill on the red.
刺中红色 可以立刻击毙对方
Here. Here.
这里 这里
Always remember, Go for the red first...
永远记住 先攻击红色的部位
because if you don't, your opponent will.
因为就算你不做 你的对手也会
In the blue, you get a cripple.
蓝色的位置 会使对手残废
Here, here...
这里 这里
here and here.
这里 还有这里
Second rule:
第二条规则
Go for the cripple before the slow kill.
让对手残废 比将他折磨致死要有效
Here's a slow kill on the yellow.
黄色部分可以折磨对手致死
Here, here...
这里 这里
and here.
还有这里
Remember...
记住
A slow kill may have enough left in him to kill you before he dies.
在折磨对手致死前 他还是有能力杀死你
With a cripple, you know you've got him...
获胜的方法是使对手残废
if you keep your distance and wear him down.
再保持距离消耗他的体力
The rest is all right for a public spectacle in Rome...
其他的技巧 在罗马都会被接受
but here at Capua we expect more than simple butchery...
但不是这里 卡普亚要求更精湛的格斗
and we get it.
而且我们身体力行
Spartacus, why are you looking at that girl?
斯巴达格斯 你为什么一直看那个女孩
Varinia! Stand still.
薇瑞妮亚 站住别动
Since all he can do is look at girls...
既然他只会盯着女孩子看
all right, slave, go ahead and look.
没关系 奴隶 转过头去看个够
I said look!
我叫你看
No. No, this one goes to the Spaniard.
不 不行 这个女人今晚陪西班牙人
Have a good night's rest, Spartacus.
斯巴达格斯 今晚好好休息
In there.
进去
Woman!
女人
I've warned you about this kind of thing.
我警告过你们不要乱放
All right, bring them in.
好了 带他们进来
No talking! Move along there.
不准说话 排队前进
Did they hurt you?
他们有没有伤害你
No.
没有
That's a kill.
这就是一击毙命
One, two...
一 二
three, four, five.
三 四 五
One, two, three, four.
一 二 三 四
We have visitors. Tremendous visitors!
我们有访客 了不起的访客
Two simply enormous Roman lords on the hill.
让人非常印象深刻的 两位罗马大人
How easily impressed you are, Ramon.
罗蒙 你真容易被人打动
Just 'cause they're Romans, I suppose they're enormous.
因为是罗马人 我才认为了不起的
Tell them to wait for me when they arrive.
他们到的时候 叫他们等我一下
-Master, you don't understand! -How enormous do these Roman lords get?
-主人 你不了解 -这些大人到底有多了不起
One of them is Marcus Licinius Crassus.
其中一位是马可斯柯萨斯
What? Wait a minute.
什么 等一下
Crassus here? Varinia, my red toga with the acorns.
柯萨斯来了 薇瑞妮亚 拿我的红色官袍来
And some chairs in the atrium. Second -best wine.
在大厅摆几张椅子 准备次等的酒
No, the best, but small goblets.
不 拿上等的酒 不过要用小的高脚杯
Gracchus! You know how Crassus loathes him.
奎格斯 你知道柯萨斯非常厌恶他的
Take him away.
把他拿走
-I can't lift it. -Use your imagination! Cover him.
-我搬不动 -用点脑袋 拿布盖起来
Tell Marcellus to get the men ready.
叫马塞拉斯把他的人准备好
Crassus has expensive taste. He'll want a show of some sort.
柯萨斯的品味很高 会想看一场壮观的竞技
Forgive me, Gracchus.
奎格斯 原谅我
Marcus Licinius Crassus...
马可斯柯萨斯
most noble radiance...
最神圣的
first general of the Republic...
共和国第一将军
father and defender of Rome...
罗马的父亲和防卫者
honour my house. Bless it with your presence.
您的光临 让寒舍蓬壁生辉
Wine! Sweetmeats! Can't you see that Their Honours are exhausted?
快拿酒和蜜饯来 看不出来贵客旅途劳顿吗
Have the goodness to sit.
请上座
Is anything wrong, Your Nobility?
大人 是否招呼不周
No.
没有
Welcome to the Lady Claudia Maria...
欢迎克萝迪亚玛瑞亚女士
former wife of Lucius Caius Marius...
卢赛思马瑞亚的遗孀
whose recent execution touched us all so deeply.
他被处死 让我们深感悲痛
Honour to the Lady Helena...
欢迎海莲娜女士
daughter of the late Septimus Optimus Glabrus...
赛提马斯格莱布斯大人的千金
whose fame shall live on forever in the person of his son...
令尊的声誉将由他的公子 永远传承下去
your brother, Marcus Publius Glabrus...
也就是您的兄弟 马可斯格莱布斯
hero of the Eastern Wars.
东方战争的英雄
How very much he knows.
你可真是如数家珍
Allow me to bring you up to date.
让我通知你最新的消息
We're here to celebrate the marriage of my brother to the Lady Claudia.
我们来此是为庆祝 我弟弟和克萝迪亚女士的新婚
A mating of eagles, Your Sanctity!
大人 真是天造地设的一对
Fan His Magnitude. He sweats.
替大人扇风 他流汗了
My young friends desire a private showing of two pairs.
我的朋友想看私人表演 两组人马的厮杀
Two pairs. Oh, yes.
两组人马 当然了
I think I have something that would please them.
我能提供令各位满意的表演
Two pairs to the death.
两组人马 一决生死
To the death, Your Ladyship?
我的女士 一决生死
Surely you don't think we came all the way to Capua for gymnastics?
你以为我们大老远到卡普亚 是为了看体操表演吗
But I beg Your Honours.
请大人见谅
Here in Capua we train the finest gladiators in all Italy.
我们在卡普亚训练的 是全意大利最好的斗剑士
We can give you a display of swordsmanship...
我们可以为您表演一场剑术
which is better than anything you can see in Rome at any cost.
而且是在罗马花钱也看不到的
When they're sold, their new masters may do with them as they wish...
他们被卖掉以后 生死由新主人决定
but here, no, we never fight them to the death.
但在学校时 我们绝不让他们自相残杀
Crassus.
柯萨斯
Today is an exception.
今天例外
But the ill feeling it would spread through the whole school.
但这种不好的感觉 会感染整间学校
And then the cost. The cost!
然后会带来损失 巨大的损失
Name your price.
你开价吧
25,000 sesterces.
两万五千元
Arrange it.
去安排
Are you serious, sir?
大人 您是认真的吗
Arrange it immediately.
立刻去安排
Of course, we shall want to choose them ourselves.
当然 我们希望自己挑选参赛者
You do have a certain variety, don't you?
你应该有多样性的选择吧
Yes. Inexhaustible.
当然 源源不绝
Spartacus, there's going to be a fight to the death.
斯巴达格斯 待会儿要举行一场生死战
-To the death? -How do you know?
-一决生死 -你怎么知道的
I heard Marcellus tell one of his guards.
我听到马塞拉斯 跟一名卫兵说的
-Who fights? -I don't know.
-谁要上场 -我不知道
To the death.
一决生死
What if they matched you and me?
万一他们安排 我们比试怎么办
They won't.
他们不会的
What if they did?
要是他们会呢
Would you fight?
你会跟我格斗吗
I'd have to. So would you.
我别无选择 你也一样
Would you try to kill me?
你会试着杀死我吗
Yes, I'd kill.
是的 我会
I'd try to save...
我会试着活
I'd try to stay alive and so would you.
我会想办法活下去 你也一样
All gladiators up to the training area.
所有的斗剑士 到训练区集合
Some visitors want to admire you.
有访客想要来参观
Form a line right here in front of me.
在我面前排成一行
Would Your Excellencies care to make your selection now?
女士们 希望现在选择参赛者吗
Claudia.
克萝迪亚
They're magnificent.
他们都很出色
For you, Lady Helena...
海莲娜女士
may I suggest Praxus?
我可否建议你选柏克斯
A veritable tiger.
他是名符其实的老虎
I don't like him.
我不喜欢他
-I prefer that one. -Which one?
-我比较喜欢那个 -哪一个
David?
大卫
Crixus, yes.
魁克斯 是的
Marcellus, Crixus for the short sword.
马塞拉斯 奎克斯用短剑
Have you ever seen such a pair of shoulders? Dionysius!
你见过这样的肩膀吗 狄奈赛斯
I admit he's small, but he's very compact and extremely strong.
我承认他个子矮小 但他非常结实 强壮
In fact, he looks...
我承认他个子矮小 但他非常结实 强壮
He looks smaller here than he does in the actual arena.
他在竞技场上 看起来个子比较大
Optical.
就视觉上来说
-Give me that one. -Galino.
-我要选他 -加利诺
Yes, yes. Galino.
是的 没错 加利诺
You have a shrewd eye, Your Pulchritude, if I may permit myself the...
你的眼光真锐利 如果我可以自愿献上
Galino.
加利诺
Practically every man in this school
事实上 学校里的每个人
is an expert with a Thracian sword...
都是用色雷斯剑的专家
but the trident is something very rare these days.
但三叉戟却是很难见到的武器
May I suggest...
我可否建议
the Ethiopian?
衣索比亚人
There are very few Ethiopians in the country.
国内的衣索比亚人为数不多
Ethiopians are recognized as masters of the trident.
他们被公认为 使用三叉戟的专家
I'll take him.
我要选他
Draba? Oh, no. For you I want only the best...
卓霸 不 我只会向您推荐最好的
I want the most beautiful.
我要最漂亮的
I'll take the big black one.
我要那个大黑个
Very good.
很好 卓霸
Only one man in the entire school...
全学校只有一个人
stands a chance with the Thracian knife against the trident.
有机会使用色雷斯剑 抵挡三叉戟
There.
那里
-Over there, Lady Helena. -He's impertinent!
-海莲娜女士 在那里 -他看起来不合适
-I'll take him. -Impertinent, and a coward to boot.
-我要选他 -不合适 而且是个胆小的懦夫
Have him flogged!
鞭打他
Over there, Lady Helena. The beast of Libya.
海莲娜女士 那边 利比亚之兽
I prefer the coward.
我喜欢懦夫
If both men are down and refuse to continue to fight...
斯巴达格斯 如果两个人都受伤 拒绝继续格斗的话
your trainer will slit their throats like chickens.
你的训练员会像杀鸡一样 切开他们的喉咙
-We want no tricks. -Tricks? At the school of Batiatus?
-不会作假 -作假 在我的学校
You heard the instruction, Marcellus? Remember it.
马塞拉斯 听到指示了吧 记住了
I feel so sorry for the poor things in all this heat.
我替他们必须在酷热中格斗 感到难过
Don't put them in those suffocating tunics.
别让他们穿令人窒息的长袍
Let them wear just enough for modesty.
让他们穿够庄重的衣服即可
Whatever they wear, Lady, they'll bless your name.
女士 不论穿什么 他们都会感谢你
Back, the rest ofyou!
其他的人回去
-Our choosing has bored you? -No.
-我们的选择让你觉得失望 -不
Most exciting. I tingle.
相当刺激 我觉得很兴奋
Do let's get out of the sun.
别让我们待在阳光下
May I conduct Your Magnificences to the gallery now?
我可否领各位大人 到观众席去
An eavesdropper. Oh, the god!
一个偷听者 哦 天哪
How far from Rome must I go to avoid that cunning face?
我到底得离罗马多远 才能躲避这张狡猾的脸
Crassus, don't talk about Gracchus. He's so hateful.
柯萨斯 别谈论奎格斯了 他真是令人讨厌
For Gracchus, hatred of the patrician class is a profession...
对奎格斯来说 憎恨贵族阶级是种职业
and not such a bad one, either.
还是种不错的职业
How else can one become master of the mob...
还有谁能当暴民的领袖
and first senator of Rome?
并且是罗马的第一议员呢
Crassus, it's so boring.
柯萨斯 这个话题好无聊
I believe that girl smells of perfume.
我相信那女孩擦了香水
Whatever it is, she smells most delectable.
不论是什么 她闻起来令人愉快
You can't keep slaves from stealing these days unless you chain them.
你不能防止奴隶偷东西 除非把他们锁起来
When a slave's as pretty as she is, she doesn't have to steal.
像她这样美丽的奴隶 用不着偷东西
An arrangement is made.
她自然会受到关照
If her ankles are good...
如果她的脚踝很漂亮
you could be sure an arrangement was made!
你可以确定 她会得到关照
-Master! -Good heavens, a catastrophe!
-主人 -天哪 一场大灾难
-I've been anointed! -You trollop!
-我被膏抹了 -你这个妓女
I believe you did that on purpose.
我认为你是故意的
It was an accident. Come here, girl.
只是场意外 女孩 过来
Don't be frightened.
不用害怕
-What country are you from? -Britannia.
-你从哪来的 -大不列颠
How long have you been a slave?
你当奴隶有多久了
Since I was thirteen.
从我13岁开始
You have a certain education.
你受过相当的教育
My first master had me tutored for his children.
我第一个主人 让我教他的孩子读书
I like her. She has spirit.
我喜欢她 她有个性
-I'll buy her. -Buy her, Your Magnificence?
-我要买下她 -大人 您要买她
I have spent quite a lot of money on her.
我在她身上投资了不少钱
Yes, I've no doubt of it. Two thousand sesterces.
没错 我一点也不怀疑 两千元
Two thou... She'll be waiting at your litter.
两千 她会在您的轿旁侍候
No, I don't want her feet spoilt by walking.
不 我不希望她的脚 因为走路而受伤
Send her to Rome with your steward the next time he has to go there.
下次你的管家去罗马时 再把她送过来
He leaves tomorrow and the girl with him.
他明天就带着她出发
More wine. And thank your gods!
拿酒来 还不谢谢你的贵人
You provoke me, Crassus. I shan't be nice to you any more!
你在刺激我 柯萨斯 我不该再对你好了
-Why distress me so much? -You're horribly rich.
-为何要让我痛苦 -你是如此的富有
Yet you're the only one of my brother's friends...
而且你也是我弟弟的朋友中
who hasn't given him a wedding present.
唯一还没有送他结婚礼物的人
I was saving it for a more suitable moment.
我只是想等到最适当的时机
Here. Give it to him, child.
拿着 把这个给他
What is it?
这是什么
As from this moment, your husband is commander of the garrison of Rome.
此刻开始 你的先生就是 罗马守卫部队的指挥官
Wonderful!
太棒了
I don't know how I shall ever be able to repay you.
我不知道要如何才能报答你
Time will solve that mystery.
时间会提供答案的
-The garrison of Rome. -Yes.
-罗马的守卫 -没错
The only power in Rome strong enough to checkmate Gracchus and his senate.
罗马唯一可以制衡 奎格斯和元老院的力量
You are clever!
你真聪明
Open up.
把门打开
Through that door.
从那个门进去
But you will have to watch him, Claudia.
克萝迪亚 你必须看好他
Father almost disinherited him because of slave girls.
因为他偏爱奴隶女子 父亲差点剥夺他的继承权
The marriage contract absolutely forbids a harem.
我们的婚姻合约上 禁止他娶妾
What about your litter bearers?
那你的小轿夫呢
After all, every one of them is under 20...
毕竟 她们虽全部未满20岁
and taller than they should be.
身材却已经完全发育
She sets rather a high standard for you, does she?
她帮你订了相当高的标准 不是吗
Your pleasure, Your Highness.
殿下 随您高兴
To you, my dear, shall go the honour of starting this poetic drama.
亲爱的 由你决定何时开始 这场戏剧性的表演
Open up!
开门
First pair, Crixus and Galino!
第一组 魁克斯跟克利诺
Those who are about to die salute you.
斗剑士向您致敬
Crixus.
魁克斯
Next pair!
下一组
Those who are about to die, salute you.
斗剑士向您致敬
Your Thracian's doing well.
你选的色雷斯人表现不错
How were you able to get my appointment without Gracchus knowing?
你要如何任命我 却不让奎格斯知情
I fought fire with oil. I purchased the senate behind his back.
我铤而走险 背地里收买了元老院
I still think the trident's going to win.
我还是觉得拿三叉戟的会赢
-Why doesn't he kill him? -Kill him.
-为什么不杀他 -杀了他
What's the matter now?
到底怎么回事
-Kill him! -Kill him, you imbecile!
-杀了他 -你这个蠢蛋 杀了他
He'll hang there till he rots.
他会被吊在那里 到他腐烂为止
Take a last look, Spartacus.
斯巴达格斯 看她最后一眼吧
She's going to Rome. She's been sold.
她要去罗马 她被卖掉了
She's been sold?
她被卖了
No talking in the kitchen, slave.
奴隶 不准在厨房里说话
There's trouble in the mess hall.
餐厅发生暴动
They killed Marcellus and maybe others.
马塞拉斯被杀 其他人可能也遇害
Call out the guard!
召集所有的卫兵
Move, move!
快去 快去啊
On second thoughts, I'll deliver the girl personally.
仔细考虑后 我决定亲自带她去罗马
Ride to Capua. Call out the garrison. I don't trust this lot.
去卡普拉向守卫军队求救 我不相信这些人
-I hold you responsible. -Yes, sir.
-交给你全权负责 -是的 主人
罗 马
Around Capua, they ravaged the countryside...
他们在卡普拉附近 四处破坏乡村
forcing other slaves to join them.
强迫别的奴隶加入
Looting, robbing, burning everything...
掠夺 抢劫 甚至还烧毁一切
while they make their camp in the escarpments of Vesuvius.
当他们在维苏威斯 的内城扎营时
Each day swells their numbers.
人数每天不断的增多
The situation presently lies in the hands...
目前的情势 完全仰赖
of this august body.
本院处理
Where's the mighty Crassus?
伟大的柯萨斯人呢
-Out of the city. -At least you're here.
-出城去了 -至少有你在这里
No need to fear for Rome as long as Glabrus is with us.
只要格莱布斯和我们一起 罗马就无须忧虑
Let me add, Over 100 estates have been burned...
容我补充一下 超过一百间房屋被烧毁
among them, gentlemen, my own...
各位 其中包括我的房子
burned to the ground and three million sesterces lost.
被烧为灰烬 损失高达三百万元
I propose the immediate recall of Pompey and his legions from Spain.
我建议立刻从西班牙 召回庞贝和他的军团
-I could bring them in with 500 men! -Don't make a fool of yourself.
-我用五百人就可以摆平他们 -别做傻事
Why call back the legions...
为何要召回军团
when the garrison of Rome has nothing to do...
何况罗马守卫军的任务
but to defend us from sausage makers?
主要就是保护罗马 免于乌合之众的攻击
Let's send Glabrus against these scoundrels!
派格莱布斯去对付这群恶棍
Give 'em a taste of Roman steel.
让他们知道罗马铁骑的厉害
I protest. I most strongly protest.
我反对 我强烈反对
There are more slaves in Rome than Romans.
罗马城内 奴隶比罗马人还多
With the garrison absent, what's to prevent them from rising too?
一旦守卫军不在 谁能防止他们进行暴动
I did not say the whole garrison.
我并没有说要派遣所有的驻军
Six cohorts will more than do the job.
六支步兵队就足以胜任
The rest can stay in Rome to save you from your housemaids.
其余的驻军留在罗马 免得你被家里的女佣攻击
Will you accept such a charge, Glabrus?
格莱布斯 你接受这项委托吗
I accept the charge of the senate...
我愿意接受这项委托
if the senate truly charges me.
如果元老院全权委托我
The garrison of Rome stands ready.
罗马守卫军随时待命
Slave hunting's a dirty business.
歼灭奴隶是项龌龊的任务
It takes a brave commander to consent to it.
需要一位勇敢的指挥官 同意执行
I propose we turn the city out tomorrow...
我提议 明天动员全罗马市
in tribute to Glabrus as he marches through.
在格莱布斯出发时 向他致敬
And...
另外
for temporary command of the garrison during his absence...
暂代他统率守卫军的职务
I propose Caius Julius Caesar.
我提议由卡亚斯凯撒出任
You don't look very happy over the new job.
你似乎并不高兴 得到这项新职务
It's not a serious disturbance. Glabrus will be back.
又不是严重的动乱 他还是会回来
Maybe.
或许会
At least it gives me a chance...
但至少让我有机会
to separate Glabrus from Crassus for a while.
将格莱布斯和柯萨斯 分开一阵子
You know, this republic of ours is something like a rich widow.
你知道 我们的共和国 就好像一个有钱的寡妇
Most Romans love her as their mother.
大部分的罗马人爱她如母
But Crassus dreams of marrying the old girl, to put it politely.
但柯萨斯却梦想着 要娶这位寡妇
Hail Glabrus! Hail Glabrus!
格莱布斯万岁 格莱布斯万岁
-God be with you, Glabrus. -And with you too.
-神与你同在 格莱布斯 -愿他与你同在
I hope he returns to such applause.
希望他能凯旋归来
One fat one, Fimbria!
费比亚 选一只肥的
No, keep the change. Give it to your wife.
不用找了 剩下的钱交给你太太
-May the gods adore you. -Only through your prayers.
-愿天神眷顾你 -得靠你替我祈祷
Let's make an old -fashioned sacrifice for Glabrus' success.
我们为格莱布斯的胜利 献上传统的祭品
I thought you had reservations about the gods.
我以为你是个无神论者
Privately I believe in none of them. Neither do you.
私底下 我是个无神论者 你也一样
Publicly I believe in them all.
公开时 我相信他们的存在
Greetings, Marcus Clodius Flavius!
马可斯费维斯 你好
Is Marcus Glabrus in attendance?
格莱布斯到了吗
-He awaits you in the atrium, sir. -Excellent.
-主人 他在大厅等您 -很好
What have we here?
这是怎么回事
A gift from the governor of Sicily, sir.
是西西里岛司令官送来的礼物
Antoninus.
安东奈斯
Sicilian, age 26.
26岁 西西里人
Singer of songs.
吟唱诗人
For whom did you practice this wondrous talent?
你为谁表演这项特殊才能
For the children of my master...
我主人的孩子
whom I also taught the classics.
我还教他们古典音乐
Classics, indeed.
古典音乐 真的
What position have we, I wonder, for a boy of such varied gifts?
有什么职位是给 有特殊才华的人做的
You shall be my body servant. Instruct him.
你会是我的帖身仆人 教他
All of you, come with me.
全部跟我来
Are you on guard duty?
你在站岗吗
My dear Crassus, congratulate me.
我亲爱的柯萨斯 恭喜我吧
Or better still, let us congratulate each other.
再不然的话 让我们互相恭喜对方
I congratulate us.
我恭喜我们
Tomorrow I lead six cohorts of the garrison...
明天我将带领六支步兵队
against the slaves on Vesuvius.
去歼灭维苏威斯的奴隶
The whole city is turning out to see us off.
全城的人将夹道欢送我出发
Great merciful bloodstained gods!
慈悲的神 为何如此残忍
Your pardon.
原谅我
I always address heaven in moments of triumph.
胜利的时刻 我总是忍不住向天发誓
Did Gracchus have something to do with this brilliant affair?
这个差事和奎格斯有关吗
Yes, he even proposed it. Rather decently, too.
没错 是他提议的 相当的得体
And you? Do you think I made you commander of the garrison...
你以为我提拔你 担任守卫军指挥官
to control some rock patch on Vesuvius?
是为了修补 维苏威斯的石子路
It was to control the streets of Rome!
是为了管理罗马的街道
I only take six cohorts. The rest of the garrison remains.
我只带领六支步兵队 其余的军队负责留守
-Under whose command? -Under Caesar's.
-由谁统率 -由凯撒暂时代理
Excellent, excellent!
好 很好
Finding Gracchus in control of the mob and the senate...
奎格斯不但控制了 元老院的流氓
you felt compelled to hand over the garrison to him also.
你还听话的把军队交给他
I see.
我明白了
I'll refuse. I'll withdraw from the expedition.
我可以拒绝 我可以将军队撤出远征行动
One of the disadvantages of being a patrician...
身为贵族最大的缺点
is that occasionally you're obliged to act like one.
就是有时候 你不得不言出必行
You pledged the senate to go, and go you must.
你答应了元老院 就非去不可
If Gracchus should decide to move against you...
既然奎格斯打算跟你作对
He won't! Has no need to.
他不会 也没这个必要
He has, with your assistance, immobilized me altogether.
藉着你的帮助 他已经让我动弹不得
Your legions are still in camp outside the city walls?
你的军团还在城墙外扎营
My legions?
我的军团
Do you truly believe I'd order my legions to enter Rome?
你真以为我会命令军团 进入罗马
I only point out that you can if you have to.
我只是想提醒你 必要时可以这么做
Are you not aware of Rome's most ancient law...
你难道不知道 罗马最古老的律法规定
that no general may enter the city at the head of his armed legions?
没有任何一位将军 可以带领军团进入罗马城
-Sulla did. -Sulla? To the infamy of his name!
-索拉就有 -索拉 他的恶名昭张
To the utter damnation of his line!
他的军队该下地狱
No, my young friend.
我的朋友 你错了
One day I shall cleanse this Rome which my fathers bequeathed me.
我终有一天会净化 我父亲留传给我的罗马
I shall restore all the traditions that made her great.
我将恢复往日光辉的传统
It follows, then, that I cannot come to power or even defend myself...
正因为如此 我更不能为了取回权利
by an act which betrays the most sacred tradition of them all.
做出背叛罗马神圣传统的举动
I shall not bring my legions within these walls.
我不能带军进入罗马
I shall not violate Rome...
我不能在获得罗马的时候
at the moment of possessing her.
还亵渎了她
Go.
去吧
Prepare your troops at once.
立刻整军出发
March out of Rome tonight, but the city tribute is impossible.
今晚出发 别奢望会有盛大的欢送仪式
We've already been made to look a fool.
我们已经被人当傻子
Let's not add the trappings of a clown.
千万别再自取其辱
Leave by unfrequented streets, without fanfare, without even a drum!
选择行人稀少的街道 不能有鼓号曲
Sneak out.
静悄悄的离开
As you wish.
一切都听你的
And for heaven's sake, my young friend...
我的朋友 看在上天的份上
try and see to it that you don't have to sneak back again.
千万要率军凯旋归来
Farewell.
保重
Come on, fat boy!
上啊 胖子
Noble Romans...
高贵的罗马人
fighting each other like animals!
像动物一样的厮杀
Your new masters, betting to see who'll die first.
你们的新主人 正在打赌看谁会先死
Drop your swords.
把剑放下
I want to see their blood right over here where Draba died!
我要在卓霸丧命的地方 看到他们的血
When I fight matched pairs, they fight to the death.
他们的双人厮杀 应该和我们的一样
I made myself a promise, Crixus.
魁克斯 我承诺自己
I swore that if I ever got out of this place...
我发誓 如果我能活着离开
I'd die before I'd watch two men fight to the death again.
我宁愿死也不愿 看到两个人进行生死格斗
Draba made that promise too.
卓霸曾许下相同的承诺
He kept it.
他信守誓言
So will I.
我也会
Go on. Get out!
走吧 快滚
What are we, Crixus?
我们是什么 魁克斯
What are we becoming? Romans?
我们变成什么了 罗马人
Have we learned nothing? What's happening to us?
我们还没学到教训吗 我们是怎么了
We look for wine when we should be hunting bread.
我们该为以后打算 却只顾着饮酒作乐
When you've got wine, you don't need bread!
有酒的时候 谁会想到以后
You can't just be a gang of drunken raiders.
我们不能只是一群 酒醉的游击队
-What else can we be? -Gladiators!
-不然还能做什么 -斗剑士
An army of gladiators.
一支由斗剑士组成的军队
There's never been an army like that.
从来没有过这样的军队
One gladiator's worth any two Roman soldiers that ever lived.
一位斗剑士 抵得上两名罗马士兵
We beat the Roman guards, but a Roman army's a different thing.
我们是击败了罗马卫兵 但不是罗马军队
They fight different than we do too.
他们会作战 我们不会
We can beat anything they send against us if we really want to.
只要我们愿意 我们可以击败任何罗马军团
-It takes a big army for that. -We'll have a big army.
-我们需要一支庞大的军队 -我们会有一支军队
Once we're on the march...
出发后
we'll free every slave in every town and village.
只要我们能释放 每个乡镇 村庄的奴隶
Can anybody get a bigger army than that?
还怕没有庞大的军队吗
Once we cross the Alps, we're safe!
一旦跨越阿尔卑斯山 我们就自由了
Nobody can cross the Alps. Every pass is defended by its own legion.
没有人能跨越阿尔卑斯山 每条通道都有军团防守
There's only one way to get out of this country.
要离开这个国家 只有一条路可走
The sea.
走海路
What good is the sea if you have no ships?
没有船 海路一样行不通
The Cilician pirates have ships.
西莱西亚海盗有船
They're at war with Rome.
他们跟罗马在交战中
Every Roman galley that sails out of Brundusium pays tribute to them.
每艘进入庞迪辛恩的罗马军舰 都得付通行费
They've got the biggest fleet in the world.
他们有世界上最大的舰队
I was a galley slave with them. They'll take you anywhere for enough gold.
只要付金子 他们会带我们去任何地方
We haven't got enough gold.
我们没有足够的黄金
Take every Roman we capture and warm his back a little.
逼我们捉到的罗马人 吐出来就够了
-We'll have gold, all right. -Spartacus is right!
-没错 我们会有金子的 -斯巴达格斯说得对
Let's hire these pirates and march straight to Brundusium!
我们雇用那些海盗 带我们前往庞迪辛恩
Come join us. All ofyou, come join us.
你们大家 加入我们吧
Come on and join us!
过来加入我们
Come on and join us!
过来加入我们
Back to Vesuvius!
回维斯威斯
Varinia.
薇瑞妮亚
I thought I'd never see you again.
我以为再也见不到你了
Everything's so different.
感觉好像恍如隔世
The last time I saw you...
上一次我看到你的时候
you were waiting in the arena to...
你正在竞技场内等着
I thought you were in Rome.
我以为你在罗马
How'd you escape?
你是怎么逃脱的
I jumped out of the cart...
我从马车上跳下来
and Batiatus was so fat...
兰托勒斯太肥了
I flew out of the cart...
我突然从马车上跳下来
and Batiatus was so fat...
兰托勒斯因为太肥了
that he couldn't catch me.
没有办法追到我
He couldn't catch up with me.
他根本追不上我
Do you realize...
明白吗
nobody can ever sell you again?
再也没有人可以把你卖掉
Nobody can sell you.
没有人可以把你卖掉
-Or give you away. -Or give you away.
-或者把你送人 -或者把你送人
Nobody can ever make you stay with anybody.
没人能强迫你陪任何人
Nobody can make you stay with anybody.
没人能强迫你陪任何人
I love you, Spartacus.
我爱你 斯巴达格斯
I love you.
我爱你
I love you.
我爱你
I still can't believe it.
我还是不敢相信
Forbid me ever to leave you.
不要允许我离开你
I do forbid you.
我不答应
I forbid you.
我不答应
I forbid you.
我不答应
It was funny at the time. I wish he'd heard it.
当时真的很好笑 我希望他听到了
How good you are to me, if I may say so.
您不介意的话 我想说 您对我太好了
-You may. -Thank you.
-我不介意 -谢谢你
Don't just eye those birds. Eat them.
别光盯着食物 吃啊
There's no need to be on your best behaviour here.
放轻松 用不着那么拘束
May I remind you...
让我提醒你
you've been very good to me in the past?
你过去对我不错
I've been good to you?
我对你不错
Yes. You've sold me slaves at an extremely reasonable price.
你总是以非常合理的价钱 把奴隶卖给我
And you arranged private gladiatorial jousts at cost, or practically.
还有 你安排私人的骑马斗剑比赛
On the whole, you are both ethical in business matters...
总而言之 在生意方面 你的价钱公道
and certainly farsighted socially.
在社交方面 你更是有远见
Zenobia's put on a little weight since I last saw her.
辛诺比雅比上一次 又胖了一点
-Yes, hasn't she? I like it. -So do I.
-不是嘛 我喜欢这样 -我也是
You and I have a tendency towards corpulence.
我们的体质都容易发胖
Corpulence makes a man reasonable, pleasant and phlegmatic.
胖的男人讲理 愉快 而且冷静
Have you noticed the nastiest of tyrants are invariably thin?
你有没有发现一个定律 暴君都很瘦
In spite of your vices, you are the most generous Roman of our time.
姑且不论你的缺点 你是当代最宽大的罗马人
Vices?
缺点
The ladies.
对于女人
Ladies! Since when are they a vice?
女人 她们何时变成缺点了
Perhaps I used the wrong word. An eccentricity, a foible.
或许是我用词不当 应该说是乖癖 弱点
I hope I pronounced that word...
希望我的发音正确
It's well -known that even your groom and your butler are women.
大家都知道 你的马夫和管家都是女的
I'm the most virtuous man in Rome.
我是罗马最有品德的人
I keep these women out of my respect for Roman morality.
我的喜好不妨碍 我尊敬罗马的美德
That morality, which has made Rome strong enough to steal...
罗马之所以能够强占 全世界三分之二的土地
two -thirds of the world from its rightful owners...
完全归功于我们的美德
founded on the sanctity of Roman marriage and family.
是建立在神圣的婚姻 和家庭制度上
I happen to like women.
我刚好喜欢女人
I have a promiscuous nature...
我生性多情
and, unlike these aristocrats, I will not take a marriage vow...
不像那些贵族 我绝对不会结婚
which I know my nature will prevent me from keeping.
因为我知道 我的个性不适合婚姻
You have too great a respect for the purity of womankind.
你对女性的纯洁 有着高度的尊敬
Exactly.
没错
It must be tantalizing to be surrounded by so much purity.
被这么多的女性包围 让人心痒难耐
It is.
确实如此
Now, let's mix business with pleasure. How may I help you?
现在让我们言归正传 有什么需要我帮忙
Great Gracchus, I find it difficult to hate...
伟大的奎格斯
but there's one man I can't think of without fuming.
只要想到一个人 我心里就满腔怒火
-Who's that? -Crassus.
-是谁 -柯萨斯
-You've grown ambitious in your hatred. -Do you blame me?
-你怨恨的是一位有权势的人 -你恨我
There I was, better than a millionaire in the morning...
白天我还是个高兴的百万富翁
and a penniless refugee by nightfall...
晚上却是个身无分文的难民
with nothing but these rags and my poor flesh to call my own.
孑然一身 只剩下一件破衣服
All because Crassus decides to break his journey at Capua...
都是因为柯萨斯 和两个任性的美女
with a couple of capricious, over -painted nymphs!
旅行途中 突然到卡普拉拜访
These two daughters of Venus had to taunt the gladiators...
那两位美女嘲弄我的斗剑士
force them to fight to the death, and before I knew what had happened...
强迫他们进行生死战 在我搞清楚状况前
revolution on my hands!
革命就发生了
What revenge have you in mind?
你心里打算如何报复
I sold Crassus this woman, Varinia.
我卖给柯萨斯一个女奴 叫薇瑞妮亚
-Whom? -Varinia. May the gods give her wings.
-谁 -薇瑞妮亚 天神一定给了她一对翅膀
There was no contract, but she was clearly his slave...
虽然没有正式契约 不过我们讲好了
as soon as the deal was made.
她已经是他的奴隶
Now she's off with Spartacus killing people in their beds.
现在她跟斯巴达格斯一起 到处杀人
And Crassus... no mention of money, no!
而柯萨斯 对钱的事 根本只字不提
You never offered me this woman. Why not?
为何你从没向我 提供这个女人
Well, she's not remotely your type, Gracchus.
奎萨斯 因为她不是你喜欢的类型
-She is very thin and... -Look around you.
-她非常的瘦 -你仔细看看
You'll see women of all sizes.
这里什么类型的女人都有
Five hundred sesterces deposit on Varinia.
五百元是买她的押金
Since he hasn't paid, this gives me first call over Crassus...
既然柯萨斯还没付钱 等到她被拍卖的时候
when she's caught and auctioned.
我就有权优先购买
May the gods adore you!
愿天神眷顾你
Why would you buy a woman you've never even seen?
为何买一个从未见过的女人
To annoy Crassus, of course, and to help you.
为了气柯萨斯 当然也为了帮你
Fetch a stool, Antoninus.
拿一张凳子来
In here with it.
把它拿进来
That will do.
就放那里
Do you steal, Antoninus?
你会偷东西吗 安东奈斯
No, master.
不会 主人
Do you lie?
你会说谎吗
Not if I can avoid it.
除非逼不得已
Have you ever dishonoured the gods?
有没有侮辱过神
No, master.
没有 主人
Do you refrain from these vices out of respect for the moral virtues?
是否基于对道德的尊敬 而抑制自己的缺点
Yes, master.
是的 主人
Do you eat oysters?
你吃牡蛎吗
When I have them, master.
当我有牡蛎可吃时 主人
Do you eat snails?
你吃蜗牛吗
No, master.
不 主人
Do you consider the eating of oysters to be moral...
你会认为吃牡蛎道德
and the eating of snails to be immoral?
吃蜗牛不道德吗
No, master.
不 主人
Of course not.
当然不会
It is all a matter of taste, isn't it?
只是个人口味的问题 不是吗
Yes, master.
是的 主人
And taste is not the same as appetite...
而口味和食欲不同
and therefore not a question of morals, is it?
所以更谈不上道不道德 不是吗
It could be argued so, master.
这样说是没错 主人
That will do. My robe, Antoninus.
可以了 安东奈斯 我的浴袍
My taste includes...
我的口味
both snails and oysters.
蜗牛 牡蛎我都喜欢
Antoninus, look.
安东奈斯 你看
Across the river.
河的对面
There is something you must see.
有样东西你一定要看
There, boy, is Rome!
那里 孩子 就是罗马
The might, the majesty...
罗马的力量 威严
the terror of Rome.
罗马的恐怖
There is the power that bestrides the known world like a colossus.
她的力量像巨人般的 跨越于世界上
No man can withstand Rome.
没人能抵抗罗马
No nation can withstand her.
没有国家能抵抗她
How much less...
甚至是
a boy!
一个男孩
There's only one way to deal with Rome, Antoninus.
安东奈斯 和罗马相处唯一的方法
You must serve her.
就是必须侍奉她
You must abase yourself before her.
你必须在她面前自贬身份
You must grovel at her feet.
你必须在她脚边摇尾乞怜
You must...
你必须
love her.
爱她
Isn't that so, Antoninus?
不是吗 安东奈斯
Antoninus?
安东奈斯
Antoninus?
安东奈斯
-Take your time! -How are they coming?
-慢慢来 -他们表现如何
Good. Give me another thousand like them and we can march on Rome.
很好 再给我一千人 我们就可以攻击罗马了
Come on, once again.
再来一次
Here on Vesuvius, we're safe from attack...
除了安全待在维苏威斯外
while we organize ourselves into an army.
我们也在筹组军队
It may take six months. It may take a year. We don't know.
短则六个月 长则一年 我们也没把握
Once we're strong, we're gonna fight our way south to the sea.
一旦军力够强大 我们会向海路进攻
We're going to arrange for ships with the Cilician pirates.
拜托西莱西亚海盗 帮忙安排船只
Then the sea will be a road back home for all of us.
而大海将是我们 通往自由的道路
If you agree, you may join us.
同意的话 欢迎你们加入
If you don't agree, go back before your escape is discovered.
不同意的话 在被人发现你逃跑前回去
Too many women.
太多女人
What's wrong with women?
女人有什么不好
Where would you be now, you lout...
不然你怎么来的 大老粗
if some woman hadn't fought all the pains of hell...
还不是某个女人忍受痛苦
to get you into this accursed world?
把你带到这个该死的世界
I can handle a knife in the dark as well as anyone.
我和其他人一样会用剑
I can cast spells and brew poisons.
我还会施咒语 调制毒药
I have made the death shrouds for seven Roman masters in my time.
我亲手帮七位罗马主人缝寿衣
-You lout! I want to see Spartacus. -All right, grandmother.
-老粗 我要见斯巴达格斯 -老婆婆别生气
I'm Spartacus. Stay with us.
留下来 我就是斯巴达格斯
We'll need a million Roman shrouds before we're through.
在我们成功前 会需要一百万件罗马寿衣
Where do you people come from?
你们从哪来的
Most of us come from the estate of Lillius.
我们大部分 来自里尔亚斯的庄园
-What kind ofwork did you do there? -Sixteen years a carpenter and mason.
-你是做什么的 -做了十六年的木匠跟泥水匠
Good. We can use carpenters.
很好 我们需要木匠
-What kind of work did you do? -I was a chief steward.
-你是做什么的 -我是伙食总管
You'll help with the food supplies. You'll report to the man Patullus.
你可以帮忙食物补给 去向帕图洛斯报到
What kind of work did you do?
你是做什么的
Singer of songs.
吟唱诗人
Singer of songs? But what work did you do?
吟唱诗人 你到底是做什么工作
That's my work. I also juggle.
那就是我的工作 我还会变戏法
Juggle. What else do you do?
戏法 你还会什么
I can do feats of magic.
我还会表演魔术
Magic?
魔术
Maybe he can make the Romans disappear.
也许他可以让罗马消失
I'll need one volunteer, man or woman. How about you?
我需要一名志愿者 男或女都行 愿不愿意
Here we have a likely subject.
我们有一位志愿者了
You'll notice there is nothing in my hand, true?
注意 我手里什么都没有 对不对
-How many fingers do you see? -Three.
-你看到几只手指头 -三只
-How many fingers do you see? -Three!
-看到几只手指头 -三只
I make a bowl.
我把手握紧
My hand is upside down, and I ask you to blow at it.
现在我把拳头倒过来 麻烦你朝它吹气
No, not hard enough. Hard!
不够用力 再用力点
Thank you.
谢谢你
Would you like to try?
你想不想试试看
Hit it against the rock, gently.
轻轻的往石头上敲
Poet, I haven't had an egg in days.
诗人 我好几天没吃到蛋了
You haven't?
没吃到蛋
-Here. -Thank you.
-给你 -谢谢
I'm not going to let mine get away.
我不会让它飞走的
-Sing us a song. -Sing us a song, Antoninus.
-唱一首歌 -安东奈斯 替我们唱首歌
Sing, Antoninus.
唱啊 安东奈斯
When the blazing sun hangs low in the western sky...
当太阳逐渐西下
when the wind dies away on the mountain...
当山风悄然远逝
when the song of the meadowlark turns still...
当野云雀的歌唱依旧
when the field locust clicks no more in the field...
当蚱蜢的跳动平息
and the sea foam sleeps like a maiden at rest...
当浪花归于平静
and twilight touches the shape of the wandering earth...
当黄昏开始笼罩大地
I turn home.
我转身回家
Through blue shadows and purple woods...
穿过蓝色的树荫和紫色的树林
I turn home.
我回到了家
I turn to the place that I was born...
我回到了我出生的地方
to the mother who bore me and the father who taught me...
回到父母生我 育我的地方
long ago, long ago...
很久 很久
long ago.
很久以前
Alone am I now, lost and alone, in a far, wide, wandering world.
孤独的我 茫然失措 面对无尽的苍穹
Yet still when the blazing sun hangs low...
然而 当夕阳西下
when the wind dies away and the sea foam sleeps...
当山风远逝 当浪花平静
and twilight touches the wandering earth...
当黄昏笼罩大地
I turn home.
我转身回家
Where'd you learn that song?
你从哪学到的
My father taught it to me.
我父亲教我的
I was wrong about you, poet.
诗人 我看错你了
You won't learn to kill. You'll teach us songs.
你不会学杀人 你会教我们唱歌
I came here to fight.
我是来参战的
Anyone can learn to fight.
要学打仗很容易
I joined to fight!
我已经加入了
-What's your name? -Antoninus.
-你叫什么名字 -安东奈斯
Antoninus.
安东奈斯
There's a time for fighting, and there's a time for singing.
有打仗的时候 也有唱歌的时候
Now you teach us to sing.
现在你该教我们唱歌
Sing, Antoninus.
唱吧 安东奈斯
When the blazing sun hangs low in the western sky...
当太阳逐渐西下
You like him, don't you?
你喜欢他 对不对
Who wants to fight?
谁希望打仗
An animal can learn to fight.
动物也能学会打架
But to sing beautiful things...
但是吟唱美丽的诗歌
and make people believe them...
并且让大家深信不移
What are you thinking about?
你心里在想什么
I'm free.
我自由了
And what do I know?
但我懂些什么
I don't even know how to read.
我甚至不识字
You know things that can't be taught.
你懂的事是学不到的
I know nothing.
我什么都不懂
Nothing!
什么也不懂
And I want to know.
我希望什么都懂
I want to...
我想要
I want to know.
我想要知道
Know what?
知道什么
Everything.
所有的事
Why a star falls and a bird doesn't.
为什么星星会落下 鸟却不会
Where the sun goes at night.
为什么太阳要下山
Why the moon changes shape.
为什么月亮会有圆缺
I want to know where the wind comes from.
我想知道风从哪里来
The wind begins in a cave.
风来自一个山洞
Far to the north, a young god sleeps in that cave.
在遥远的北方 一位年轻的神在洞中沉睡
He dreams of a girl...
他因为梦到一位女孩
and he sighs...
而深深的叹息
and the night wind stirs with his breath.
夜晚的风是他的呼吸
I want to know all about you.
我要知道你所有的事
Every line...
每个线条
every curve.
每个曲线
I want to know every part of you.
我要知道你的每个部分
Every beat of your heart.
你的每个心跳
Go on about the city of Metapontum.
继续谈曼德庞顿城
What garrisons will we find there?
在那里会遇到多少守卫军
There are two legions in the garrison. Some have been sent south...
守卫军有两个军团 一部分已经被派往南方
Set the litter down there.
到前面把轿子放下
Where is this slave general?
那个奴隶将军在哪里
Dionysius, get the litter bearers out of the rain.
狄奈赛斯 带轿夫们去躲雨
Give them food, bread, and their freedom.
给他们食物 面包 还有他们的自由
-All right, follow me. -We'll pay you for them.
-好的 跟我来 -我们会付钱给你
We have no slaves in this camp.
我们的军营里没有奴隶
Tigranes Levantus at your service.
提格尼斯拉凡提斯 乐意为你效劳
My credentials.
我的国书
Come in.
请进
"To the general of the Italian slaves called Spartacus...
意大利奴隶将军 斯巴达格斯亲启
from Ibar M'hali, Cilician governor of the island of Delos."
西莱西亚 迪洛斯岛司令官敬上
-Sit down. -"Greetings.
-请坐 -您好
Word has been received that you wish to embark your armies...
外传您的军队 有意搭乘西莱西亚船队
on the Cilician ships from the Italian port of Brundusium.
自意大利港口庞迪辛恩出发
-Receive now my agent, Tigranes..." -Levantus.
-现接见为敝方使者 提格尼斯 -拉凡提斯
"who bargains in my name.
乃敝人之全权代表
May Isis and Serapis bring victory to your cause. The governor of Delos."
愿艾赛斯和希拉比斯 为你带来胜利
-Who are Isis and Serapis? -Gods of the east.
-艾赛斯和希拉比斯是谁 -东方的神
Why should they want us to win?
他们为什么希望我们赢
Because they favour Cilicia...
因为他们喜欢西莱西亚人
and Cilicia, like you, fights against the Romans.
他们跟你们一样 抵抗罗马
Would you like some wine?
要不要喝点酒
I drink only after the bargain has been concluded...
生意谈成之后 我才喝酒
never before.
之前不喝
How many ships do these Cilicians have?
西莱西亚人有几艘船
Five hundred at least.
至少五百艘
But no deal is too small, I assure you.
不过数量多少不是问题
We'll need them all.
五百艘我全都要了
-All? -What is the price?
-全部 -价钱是多少
Price is 100,000 sesterces per ship.
雇用一艘船是十万元
For 500 ships that would be...
五百艘船就是
50 million sesterces.
就是五千万元
-You have such a sum? -We will have.
-你有这么多钱吗 -我们会有
See for yourself.
你自己看
-Beautiful. -When will the ships be ready?
-太棒了 -船何时能准备好
Beautiful. I love to see such beauty.
太美了 这么多的钱 真是太美了
When will the ships be ready?
船何时能准备好
My friend...
我的朋友
when will you be ready?
你们何时能准备好
How long will it take you...
你们要花费多少时间
to cross one -third the length of Italy...
横越三分之一的意大利
fighting a major battle in every town?
打赢所到之处的每场战役
One year? Two years?
一年 还是两年
If we're not in Brundusium seven months from now...
从现在起 七个月内到不了 庞迪辛恩
we'll never be there.
我们永远也到不了
What if we assemble the ships...
万一我们造好了船
and there is no longer a slave army to board them?
你们却没有出现 怎么办
We'll give you a chest of treasure now, the rest when we get to Brundusium.
我现在先给你一箱黄金 剩下的到庞迪辛恩再给
-This one? -Yes.
-这一箱 -没错
Done! Seven months from now, the ships will be assembled.
成交 船队会在七个月后造好
Arrange to have the chest loaded.
安排人来搬箱子
Now, with your permission, I should like to have the wine you offered me.
不介意的话 我希望能喝刚才那杯酒
-Will you join me? -I will.
-一起喝一杯 -没问题
Excellent workmanship.
精致的手工
It came from the estate of a wealthy nobleman.
从一个贵族家里拿来的
I've heard that you are of noble birth yourself.
我听说你出身贵族
I'm the son and grandson of slaves.
我是奴隶的后代
I knew that when I saw you couldn't read.
我发现你不识字时 就知道了
Of course, it pleases Roman vanity to think that you are noble.
认为你是贵族 能满足罗马人的虚荣心
They shrink from the idea of fighting mere slaves...
他们拒绝承认是在跟奴隶打仗
especially a man like Crassus.
尤其是像柯萨斯这种人
-You know him? -I entertained him one afternoon.
-你认识他 -我为他表演过
-You? -In the arena.
-你 -在竞技场内
Excellent wine.
很棒的酒
-May I ask you something? -You can ask.
-我能问你一件事吗 -你问吧
Surely you know you're going to lose, don't you?
你一定知道自己会输 对不对
You have no chance.
目前你别无选择
At this very moment, six cohorts of the garrison of Rome...
罗马守卫军的六支步兵队
are approaching this position.
正在逼近中
What are you going to do?
你打算怎么办
We'll decide that when they get here.
我们会见机行事
Let me put it differently.
让我换个方式说
If you looked into a magic crystal...
如果你在水晶球里
and you saw your army destroyed and yourself dead...
看到你的军队被摧毁 看到你的死亡
if you saw that in the future...
如果你看到未来发生的事情
as I'm sure you're seeing it now...
虽然我相信你早就知道了
would you continue to fight?
你还会继续下去吗
-Yes. -Knowing that you must lose?
-我会 -知道你们一定会输
Knowing we can.
知道我们有过机会
All men lose when they die and all men die.
只要是人 终究不免一死 死亡便是失去
But a slave and a free man lose different things.
但奴隶和自由人 失去的东西不同
They both lose life.
他们都失去生命
When a free man dies, he loses the pleasure of life.
自由人死时 失去的是生命的喜悦
A slave loses his pain.
奴隶失去的是痛苦
Death is the only freedom a slave knows.
死亡是奴隶所能寻求 唯一的解脱
That's why he's not afraid of it.
是他为何会不怕的原因
That's why we'll win.
也是我们会获胜的原因
Spartacus, that pirate was right.
斯巴达格斯 海盗说得没错
The garrison of Rome, they're setting up camp.
罗马的守卫军 他们正在扎营
-How many are there? -About six cohorts.
-有多少人 -大约六支步兵队
-Where? -At the mouth of the valley...
-在哪 -在村口靠着
against the cliffs.
峭壁的地方
-Strong camp? -They have no stockade.
-坚固的军营 -他们没有筑栅栏
No stockade? Are you sure?
没有栅栏 你确定
-I'm very sure. -This campaign is great sport for them.
-我非常确定 -他们是来野餐的
The Romans are having a picnic.
完全不把这场仗放在眼里
-Did they see you? -No! We were hidden.
-你们有没有被发现 -没有 我们躲在暗处
Maybe we ought to join this Roman picnic.
或许我们应该加入他们的野餐
Form your men.
召集人马
Six cohorts.
六支步兵队
A lot of arms and weapons...
大量的武器和装备
to build our army with.
是我们建军所需要的
Crixus always wanted to march on Rome.
魁克斯一直希望偷袭罗马
Now he doesn't have to.
现在他不需要那么做了
Rome's come to us.
罗马自己送上门来
Half this way! The rest over there.
一半的人去那边 剩下的跟我来
Stand up, the way a noble Roman should!
站起来 像个罗马贵族一样
That's Roman pride for you!
他可是罗马的骄傲
That's better.
这样好多了
What's your name?
你叫什么名字
Marcus Glabrus.
马可斯格莱布斯
Commander of the garrison of Rome!
罗马守卫军的指挥官
Commander?
指挥官
He was commanding it on his belly when we found him, playing dead!
我们发现他的时候 他正假藉装死来指挥军队
You disappoint me, Marcus Glabrus.
马可斯格莱布斯 你太让我失望了
Playing dead.
装死
You afraid to die?
你怕死吗
It's easy to die.
要死很容易
Haven't you seen enough gladiators in the arena...
你没看过竞技场的斗剑士
to see how easy it is to die?
死得多么容易吗
Of course you have.
你当然看过
What are you going to do to me?
你打算怎么对付我
I don't know.
我不知道
-What should we do with him? -Let's have a matched pair, him and me.
-我们该怎么对付他 -让我跟他进行一场双人厮杀
I'll not fight like a gladiator!
我不会像斗剑士般格斗的
You keep staring at this.
你一直盯着它看
Do you recognize this baton?
你认得这把权杖
-Yes! -You should! It was in your tent.
-是的 -你该认得 本来在你帐蓬里
The symbol of the senate.
议员的象征
All the power of Rome!
罗马的力量
That's the power of Rome!
这就是罗马的力量
Take that back to your senate.
带回去给你的元老院
Tell them you and that broken stick is all
告诉他们 罗马守卫军
that's left of the garrison of Rome!
只剩下你和这根破权杖
Tell them we want nothing from Rome.
告诉他们 我们什么都不要
Nothing except our freedom!
我们只要属于我们的自由
All we want is to get out of this damn country!
只想离开这个该死的国家
We're marching south to the sea.
朝南面的海洋前进
And we'll smash every army they send against us.
不论派任何军队来 都会被我们击败
Put him on a horse!
把他放到马上
Their leader said their hatred of Rome was such...
他们的领袖说 他们是如此的厌恶罗马
that all they wished was to escape from her rule.
只盼望能够早日脱离她的统治
If unopposed, he promised a peaceful march to the sea.
如果没有遭遇抵抗 他答应会和平的朝海洋前进
If opposed, he threatens to ravage the countryside...
一旦遭遇抵抗 他威胁要破坏乡村
and destroy every legion sent against him.
并摧毁所有派去的军团
And once they get to the sea?
一旦他们抵达海边
They plan to take ship with Cilician pirates and return to their homes.
他们打算搭乘 西莱西亚海盗的船 返回家园
From which port do they propose to embark?
他们计划从那个港口登船
I don't know.
我不知道
But city garrisons can't stand up to them.
城市的守卫军 绝对无法对抗他们
If they are to be intercepted, it's work for the legions!
如果要拦截他们 应该是军团的工作
What sort of a man is this leader of the slaves?
这群奴隶的领袖 是什么样的人
I don't know.
我不清楚
I think they called him Spartacus.
只知道他们叫他 斯巴达格斯
Spartacus?
斯巴达格斯
Is that name familiar to you?
你听过这个名字吗
Yes, it does seem to be.
是的 我好像听过
I can't place it.
我一时想不起来
After he talked to you, what happened then?
你们谈完以后呢
I was tied to a horse and lashed out of camp.
我被绑在马上 被鞭打着离开军营的
How many ofyour company escaped?
有多少士兵逃脱
Fourteen have reported thus far.
目前为止 有十四个人回来报到
I myself was taken prisoner in my own command tent.
我被他们囚禁 关在指挥帐蓬里
The camp was thoroughly infiltrated before an alarm could be sounded.
营区是在措手不及的情况下 遭到偷袭的
Did you surround your camp with moat and stockade?
你是否在军营四周 建筑护城河以及栅栏
No.
没有
We arrived after sunset. Sentries were posted every ten paces.
我们在天黑后扎营 每隔十步一哨
There was no reason to expect an attack by night.
完全没有理由担心 夜间会受到攻击
Then again, well, they...
不过 他们
Continue.
继续说
They were only slaves.
他们只是群奴隶
I see.
我明白了
I submit that Publius Marcus Glabrus has disgraced the arms of Rome.
我提案 马可斯格莱布斯 使罗马的军队蒙羞
Let the punishment of the senate be pronounced.
由元老院宣布对他的惩罚
If we punished every commander who made a fool of himself...
每一位自取其辱的指挥官 如果都受到惩罚
we wouldn't have anyone left above the rank of centurion.
百夫长以上的指挥官 势必会全部消失
But this is a case of criminal carelessness!
但本案事关严重的刑事疏忽
Six cohorts have been slaughtered.
六支步兵队惨遭屠杀
Crassus sponsored this young man.
是柯萨斯提拔他的
Let him pronounce sentence.
交给他来宣判吧
The punishment is well -known!
惩罚是大家都知道的
Let Publius Marcus Glabrus be denied...
马可斯格莱布斯将待在
fire, water, food and shelter...
不能有食物 饮水及避难所 不得取暖
for a distance of 400 miles in all directions from the city of Rome.
距离罗马城四百英哩处
One thing more.
还有一件事
Glabrus is my friend, and I will not dissociate myself from his disgrace.
格莱布斯是我的朋友 我绝对不会置身事外
I now lay down the command of my legions...
我现在交出军团的指挥权
and retire to private life.
退役过平民的生活
Good -bye, Crassus.
再见 柯萨斯
This is no time for a man of honour to withdraw from public affairs!
现在不是重荣誉的人 退出公众事务的时候
-Shame, shame! -Sit down.
-可惜啊 可惜 -坐下
This sort of heroic public behaviour is nothing new!
这类公然的夸张行为 是故技重施
I've seen it before... we all have... and I know the meaning of it!
我们以前都看过 而我更知道他的目的
Crassus acted on a point of honour!
柯萨斯为了高贵的理由 放弃指挥权
Patrician honour!
理由是贵族的荣誉
No matter how noble this looks from the outside...
此举不管外表看起来有多高尚
I don't like the colour of it.
我都不喜欢他真正的目的
Crassus is the only man in Rome...
柯萨斯是全罗马唯一没有
who hasn't yielded to republican corruption, and never will!
对共和国的腐败失望 还永远抱持希望的人
I'll take some republican corruption along
我会试着忍受共和国的腐败
with some republican freedom...
同时享受共和国的自由
but I won't take...
但我绝不会
the dictatorship of Crassus and no freedom at all!
忍受他的独裁 并且失去所有的自由
That's what he's out for...
而那才是他真正的目的
and that's why he'll be back.
那才是他真正想得到的
To the mother that bore me...
回到母亲生我的地方
to the father that taught me...
回到父亲育我的地方
to the god...
回到天神
To the blue woods and the purple shadows, I...
回到蓝色的树林 和紫色的树荫
To blue shadows and purple woods.
是回到蓝色的树荫 和紫色的树林
-Spartacus, you frightened me! -I'm sorry.
-斯巴达格斯 你吓我一跳 -对不起
-How long have you been there? -A little while.
-你来多久了 -来了好一会儿
Why didn't you say something?
为什么不出声呢
You seemed so happy. I didn't want to bother you.
你看起来很开心 我不想吵你
I am happy.
我是很开心
Spartacus, I've been trying to remember the song that Antoninus sang.
斯巴达格斯 我试着记住 安东奈斯唱的那首歌
Is it blue shadows and purple woods?
是蓝色的树荫和紫色的树林
Or is it purple woods and blue shadows, or what is it?
还是紫色的树林和蓝色的树荫 到底是哪一个
I want to make love to my wife!
我想跟我的妻子亲热
Spartacus, put me down. I'm...
放我下来 斯巴达格斯 我
I don't care.
我不在乎
-You've got, you've... -Yes?
-你必须 你必须 -怎么了
-You have to be gentle with me. -Why?
-你必须对我温柔一点 -为什么
Why, darling?
为什么 亲爱的
I'm going to have a baby. Now put me down.
我就要有宝宝了 现在快放我下来
What?
什么
A baby.
一个宝宝
A baby? When?
宝宝 什么时候
In the spring.
春季
-How? I mean, how do you know? -I know.
-怎么 我是说 你怎么知道 -我就是知道
A baby in the spring.
宝宝会在春季出生
-I'm gonna have a son. -But it might be a daughter.
-我就要有儿子了 -有可能是女儿
-Why didn't you tell me? -I just did.
-你为什么不告诉我 -我刚才说啦
You're cold. Here, get underneath this.
你会着凉 快点躲进我的袍子里
-Did I hurt you? -No, you didn't.
-我有没有伤到你 -没有 你没有
-I didn't mean to be so rough. -Why don't you kiss me?
-我不是故意这么粗鲁的 -你为什么不亲我
This is the first time I was ever going to have a baby.
这是我第一次怀孕
A baby.
一个宝宝
I'm just the same as I ever was, Spartacus.
斯巴达格斯 我还是和以前一样
I won't break.
我没有那么脆弱
These sla ves have already cost us a thousandmillion sesterces.
这些奴隶已经害我们 损失了一兆元
If now they want to relieve us of their unwelcome presence...
他们现在如果愿意 自动消失的话
in the name of all the gods, let them go!
看在上天的份上 让他们走吧
Impossible! They've already infected half of Italy with this uprising.
不行 他们的暴动 已经感染了半个意大利
If we permit them to escape now...
现在如果我们让他们逃走
this condition will spread throughout the entire empire.
所有的奴隶都会群起效法
The Republic...
罗马共和国
is still weak from 20 years of civil strife.
目前尚未从二十年的 内乱中恢复元气
We're engaged in two wars:
我们现在跟两个国家 处与交战状态
one in Spain and the other in Asia.
一个在西班牙 另一个在亚洲
Pirates have cut off our Egyptian grain supply...
海盗切断了 来自埃及的粮食补给
and Spartacus raids the commerce of all south Italy.
而斯巴达格斯 又掠夺了南意大利的贸易
Half the precincts of Rome are without bread!
罗马有一半的行政区 没有足够的粮食
The city is close to panic.
罗马市已经濒临恐慌的边缘
There are two things we must do immediately!
眼前有两件事必须马上进行
Confirm Caesar as permanent commander of the garrison...
第一 任命凯撒 为罗马守卫军的指挥官
and assign two legions...
第二 指派两个军团
to intercept and destroy Spartacus at the city of Metapontum!
前往庞迪辛恩拦截 并且消灭斯巴达格斯
庞 迪 辛 恩 市
If we could only have had Batiatus in the other pot!
要是能拿兰托勒斯 来下酒有多好
-Now you're talking! -Varinia, wonderful meal.
-你说得没错 -薇瑞妮亚 晚餐很棒
A small piece of land with a few goats on it.
一小块土地和几只山羊
The best wine in the world.
世界上最棒的酒
For wine you've got to go to Aquitania. The sweetest grapes on earth.
说到酒就得去阿奎塔尼亚 那里有世界上最甜的葡萄
Come to Lidya for wine. That's the best.
最好的酒来自希腊 那才是最棒的
The best wine comes from Greece. Everybody knows that. Even the Romans!
希腊的酒是最棒的 大家都知道 连罗马人都知道
No, Lidya!
不 是利迪亚
You're all wrong!
你们都错了
The best wine comes from home, wherever it is.
不论到哪里 家乡的酒都是最棒的
I agree with you.
我同意
Gentlemen.
各位
-Are there reports on Metapontum? -Heralds are crying the news now.
-有庞迪辛恩的最新消息吗 -哈洛斯正在宣布坏消息
We lost 19,000 men, including Commodius and his officers.
我们损失了一万九千人 包括康莫迪斯和他的军官
Nineteen thousand?
一万九千
Have you estates in Metapontum?
你在庞迪辛恩有房产吗
No. A son with Commodius.
没有 我儿子在康莫迪斯麾下服役
With your permission, good day.
请准许我先告退
We take five years to train a legion.
我们花五年的时间 训练一个军团
How can this Spartacus train an army in seven months?
斯巴达格斯如何在七个月内 训练出一支军队
There's something wrong, something very wrong.
其中必有蹊窍 一定有问题
-We should have an investigation. -By all means, an investigation.
-我们应该展开调查 -务必要进行调查
-Where is Spartacus now? -He's nearing the seaport of Brundusium.
-现在斯巴达格斯在哪 -他在庞迪辛恩海港附近
I need a few moments of the commander's time.
我有事要和指挥官谈
Will you excuse us?
不介意我们失陪一下吧
I hear you've taken a house in the fourth ward.
我听说你在第四区买了房子
Not a very splendid house either.
不是什么高级的房子
And you feasted 11,000 plebeians in the field of Mars.
你还在战神场 宴请一万一千位平民
It scarcely could've been called a feast.
不能算是酒宴
For 200 years, your family and mine have been members...
两百年来 你我的家族
of the Equestrian Order and the Patrician Party.
一直是骑士团和贵族党的成员
Servants and rulers of Rome.
罗马的统治者兼仆人
Why have you left us for Gracchus and the mob?
为何弃我们而去 加入奎格斯那帮人
I've left no one, least of all Rome.
我没有离开任何人 更没有背弃罗马
But this much I've learned from Gracchus, Rome is the mob.
但我从奎格斯那儿学到 群众便是罗马
No!
Rome is an eternal thought in the mind of God.
罗马是天神心中不朽的思想
I had no idea you'd grown religious.
我不晓得你变得如此虔诚
That doesn't matter.
那并不重要
If there were no gods at all, I'd revere them.
就算没有神 我仍会尊崇他们
If there were no Rome, I'd dream of her...
就算没有罗马 我仍会梦到她
as I want you to do.
希望你也一样
I want you to come back to your own kind.
我希望你能回到你所属的团体
I beg you to.
算是我求你
Is it me you want or is it the garrison?
你是为了我 还是为了我的守卫军
Both. Tell me frankly.
都有 坦白告诉我
If you were I, would you take the field against Spartacus?
如果你是我 你会出战斯巴达格斯吗
-Of course. -Why?
-当然会 -为什么
We have no other choice if we're to save Rome.
为了救罗马 我们别无选择
Caesar!
凯撒
Which Rome?
哪一个罗马
Theirs...
他们的
or ours?
还是我们的
You know Gracchus is my friend.
你知道奎格斯是我的朋友
I won't betray him.
我不会背叛他
Caesar.
凯撒
Which is worse, to betray a friend or to betray Rome herself?
背叛朋友或是背叛罗马 哪一个比较糟
My dear Crassus, I face no such choice.
亲爱的柯萨斯 我不需要选择
You will, sooner than you think.
你需要 而且比你想的还要快
Good afternoon, Crassus. I've been looking for you all day.
午安啊 柯萨斯 我找了你一整天
Your new master.
你的新主人
The senate's been in session all day over this business of Spartacus.
元老院整天的议程 都是讨论斯巴达格斯
We've got eight legions to march against him and no one to lead them.
有八个军团蓄装待发 但却无人愿意指挥
The minute you offer the generals command...
只要给他们一位指挥官
they start wheezing like winded mules.
他们就能火速出发
I've seen such epidemics before, haven't you?
我看过类似的恐惧症 你没看过吗
-How's your health? -Excellent, as you know.
-你的身体如何 -你知道 好得很
I take it the senate's now offering command of the legions to me.
我认为元老院希望我 接任指挥官
-You've been expecting it. -I have.
-你早就料到了 -没错
But have you thought how costly my services might be?
但你想过 我的服务报酬是多少吗
We buy everything else these days.
任何事情都可以用钱解决
No reason why we shouldn't be charged for patriotism. What's your fee?
没理由不该为爱国花钱 你开价吧
My election as first consul, command of all the legions of Italy...
选我为第一执政官 身兼意大利总军团指挥官
and the abolition of senatorial authority over the courts.
废除元老院对法院的权限
Dictatorship.
施行独裁政权
Order.
恢复秩序
-Advise me if my terms are acceptable. -I can tell you now.
-同意的话 通知我 -我现在就可以告诉你
-They're unacceptable. -Yes, I know.
-不同意 -是的 我知道
For the present perhaps, but times change, and so does the senate.
目前或许如此 但时代变了 元老院也该改变
When that day comes, I shall be ready.
时机到时 我会随时待命
-Convey my respects to your wife. -With pleasure.
-代我向夫人问好 -谢谢
He's right, you know.
你知道 他是对的
If something isn't done about Spartacus, the senate will change.
要是没办法对付斯巴达格斯 元老院会改变的
And Crassus will move in and save Rome from the slave army...
柯萨斯会藉施行独裁 来拯救罗马
by assuming dictatorship.
免于危机
But that, like everything else, depends on which way Spartacus jumps.
但一切都取决于 斯巴达格斯的下一步行动
Just now, he's trying to get out of Italy.
他们现在正试图离开意大利
If he succeeds, the crisis is over...
如果他成功 危机就随之解除
and Crassus may stay in retirement indefinitely.
而柯萨斯只能永远 处于退休状态
I've arranged for Spartacus to escape from Italy.
我已经安排让斯巴达格斯 逃离意大利
You've done what?
你安排了什么
I've made a little deal with the Cilician pirates.
我和西莱西亚的海盗达成协议
I've assured them that we won't interfere...
保证我们不会干涉
if they transport Spartacus and his slaves out of Italy.
他们运送那群奴隶离开意大利
So now we deal with pirates. We bargain with criminals!
所以我们现在跟海盗打交道 和罪犯讨价还价
Don't you be so stiff -necked about it. Politics is a practical profession.
别太死脑筋 政治是项实际的事业
If a criminal has what you want, you do business with him.
只要罪犯有你想要的东西 你就跟他谈生意
How far are we from Brundusium?
还有多久可以到庞迪辛恩
About 20 miles.
大约二十英哩左右
Our army will have to camp here tonight.
军队今晚必须在这扎营
They're still about six hours behind us.
他们还落后我们六个小时
Patullus, ride ahead to Brundusium. Bring Tigranes here.
派托拉斯 去庞迪辛恩 把提格尼斯带来
Marco, report back to Spartacus.
马可 回去向斯巴达格斯报告
Tell him we camp tonight by the sea!
告诉他 今晚在海边扎营
If all goes well, my estimate is we can load 150 ships a day.
如果一切顺利的话 估计一天能载满一百五十艘船
That's your job, Dionysius. Work with the Cilician pirates.
那就是你的工作 狄奈赛斯 你和海盗们合作
-That oughta keep him busy. -Saves me finding someplace to sleep.
-那应该够他忙的了 -我也不需要找地方睡觉了
Crixus, keep giving me reports on Pompey.
魁克斯 继续报告庞贝的状况
There won't be any surprises.
状况完全在我们掌握之中
I still want patrols of the back country until we board ship.
我要你巡逻周围的山丘 直到全部人上船为止
I'll get them together now.
我立刻就去
Spartacus, the harbour district in Brundusium has food warehouses...
斯巴达格斯 庞迪辛恩的港口区有个粮仓
but not enough to provide for the whole fleet.
但不够提供整个舰队的人
The countryside's filled with cattle.
乡村到处都有牛
And we've more than enough salt to preserve them.
我们要多准备盐来保存牛肉
I'll handle it.
交给我来办
Find out how many men we have in camp who were galley slaves or sailors.
问问军营里有多少人 以前是水手或舰队奴隶
Tigranes Levantus.
提格尼斯拉凡提斯
-My dear general. -Welcome, Tigranes!
-我亲爱的将军 -欢迎 提格尼斯
No, no. You needn't look for litter bearers to emancipate.
不 你不需要解放我的轿夫
I rode a horse.
这次我是骑马来的
Your gods Isis and Serapis must've been good to us.
你的神艾赛斯和希拉比斯 很照顾我们
The balance of the 50 million sesterces we owe you.
这是我们该付你的第二笔款项
General...
将军
I bear a heavy burden of evil tidings.
我很难过的告诉你 一个不幸的消息
What is it?
怎么回事
Pompey and his army has landed in Italy.
庞贝和他的军队 已经到了意大利
At the border of Rhegium three days ago.
三天前抵达瑞迪安的边境
We get complete reports on their movements.
我们对他们的行动了如指掌
But do you also know...
但你是否知道
that a Roman fleet carrying Lucullus and his army...
罗马舰队明天会运送卢卡勒斯
arrives tomorrow at Brundusium?
和他的军队到庞迪辛恩
-Lucullus here? -You have no ships.
-卢卡勒斯 -你没有船
I saw them in the harbour.
可是我在港口看到它们
The Cilician fleet, out of strategic necessity...
西莱西亚舰队 由于战略上的需要
has been obliged to withdraw.
不得不撤退
-Withdraw? -There are no ships at all?
-撤退 -一艘船也没有
Cilician pirates can destroy any Roman fleet that ever sailed.
西莱西亚海盗船 可以轻易的摧毁罗马舰队
If they run away now, it's not because they're afraid!
所以他们撤退 绝不是因为害怕
You better give me a better reason.
你最好给我一个好的理由
I'm as desolated as you are, General.
将军 我和你一样感到无助
Stand up. Up!
站起来 起来
On your toes.
用脚尖站
-You'll cut the skin. -Why did the Cilicians run away?
-你会割伤我的 -西莱西亚人为何突然撤退
They were paid.
他们被收买了
And who paid them?
是谁收买他们
Who?
是谁
Crassus.
柯萨斯
Crassus won't fight us himself.
柯萨斯不会跟我们交锋的
The reports say he won't take the command of an army.
报告上说他 拒绝担任军队指挥官
Why would he bribe your pirates to keep us from escaping?
为什么他要贿赂你的海盗 阻止我们逃走
I don't know. How can I answer when there is no answer?
不晓得 我也没有答案
I've been betrayed, just as you have!
我和你一样遭人背叛
There is an answer.
一定有原因
There must be an answer to everything.
每一件事都一定有合理的解答
We're five miles from Brundusium.
我们距离庞迪辛恩五英哩
Here's Rhegium.
这里是瑞迪安
Pompey's march must have brought him to about here.
庞贝应该已经行军到这里
He's four days away, maybe more.
他距离我们有四天以上的路程
Lucullus lands at Brundusium tomorrow.
卢卡勒斯明天会登陆庞迪辛恩
If we engage Lucullus...
如果我们和卢卡勒斯交锋
Pompey will have enough time to march against our rear.
庞贝就有时间行军 从后赶上
If we turn west to meet Pompey...
如果我们转向西行 去面对庞贝
Lucullus will march against our rear.
卢卡勒斯又会自后方夹击
The only other army in all of Italy is here!
意大利剩下唯一的军队 就在这里
Rome.
罗马
Yes, of course!
是的 没错
Crassus is inviting us to march on Rome...
柯萨斯要我们向罗马前进
so he can take the field against us.
如此一来 他便师出有名
You mean Crassus wants us to march on Rome?
你是说他要我们进攻罗马
He's forcing us to. He knows I won't let myself be trapped...
他想逼我们就范
between two armies with my back to the sea.
因为我不会让自己腹背受敌
He knows my only other choice is Rome.
他知道罗马是我唯一的选择
Somewhere on the way, we meet.
我们会在行进的途中相遇
If he beats us, he becomes the saviour of Rome...
要是他击败我 就成了罗马的拯救者
and there's his final victory over the senate.
同时更一举击败元老院
General, allow me to redeem myself in your eyes.
将军 请给我机会补偿你
For a very small commission...
只要微薄的佣金
I can arrange for you, your family and your leaders, of course...
我可以安排你和你的家人 当然还有你的领袖
to be smuggled out of Italy and transported to an eastern country...
偷渡离开意大利 前往东方的国家
where men of substance like you are welcome and appreciated.
那里欢迎像你这样富有的人
You can live there like kings for the rest of your lives.
你们可以舒舒服服的 过下半辈子
What do you think, General?
将军 你意下如何
Go away.
走开
Go away?
走开
Tell the trumpeters to sound assembly.
叫喇叭手吹集合号
Tonight a Roman army lands in the harbour of Brundusium.
罗马军队今天晚上 在庞迪辛恩登陆
Another army is approaching us from the west.
另一支军队正从西方逼近
Between them, they hope to trap us here...
他们希望利用前后夹击 将我们
against the sea.
困在海边
The Cilician pirates have betrayed us. We have no ships.
西莱西亚海盗背叛了我们 我们没有船
"By order of the senate...
奉元老院的命令
be it known that we have this day elected...
我们于今日推选
Marcus Licinius Crassus...
马可斯柯萨斯
first consul of the Republic...
为共和国第一行政官
and commander in chief of the armies of Rome."
及罗马军队总指挥官
Hail Crassus!
柯萨斯万岁
Rome will not allow us to escape from Italy.
罗马不允许我们逃离意大利
We have no choice but to march against Rome herself...
我们别无选择 只能朝罗马前进并对抗她
and end this war the only way it could have ended:
为这场战争划下完美的句点
by freeing every slave in Italy.
解放意大利所有的奴隶
I promise you...
我答应各位
a new Rome...
新的罗马
a new Italy and a new empire.
新的意大利 和新的帝国
I promise the destruction of the slave army...
我发誓歼灭奴隶军队
and the restoration of order...
让罗马帝国境内
throughout all our territories.
重新恢复秩序
I'd rather be here, a free man among brothers...
我宁可在这里当一名自由人
facing a long march and a hard fight...
面对长途的行军和艰苦的战斗
than to be the richest citizen of Rome...
胜过当一名富有的罗马市民
fat with food he didn't work for...
痴肥并不事生产
and surrounded by slaves.
身旁奴隶成群
I promise the living body of Spartacus...
我发誓要活捉斯巴达格斯
for whatever punishment you may deem fit.
让他受到最严厉的惩罚
That or his head.
不然就要带回他的尸体
This I vow by the spirits of all my forefathers.
我以祖先的灵魂立誓
This I have sworn...
我在此发誓
in the temple that guards their bones.
在先祖安息的神庙内
Hail Crassus!
柯萨斯万岁
We've travelled a long ways together.
我们在一起共患难
We've fought many battles and won great victories.
一起并肩作战 经历大大小小的胜利
Now, instead of taking ship for our homes across the sea...
我们现在不是要搭船 回到自己的家乡
we must fight again.
而是必须继续战斗
Maybe there's no peace in this world...
也许世上根本就没有和平
for us or for anyone else. I don't know.
也许没人能得到它 我不知道
But I do know...
但我知道
that as long as we live...
只要我们活着的一天
we must stay true to ourselves.
就必须真实面对自己
I do know that we're brothers, and I know that we're free.
我知道我们是一家人 我更知道我们自由了
We march tonight!
我们今晚出发
Hail Crassus!
柯萨斯万岁
Greetings to you, Crassus.
欢迎你 柯萨斯
Caius. Gentlemen.
奎亚斯 各位
Have your dispositions been made?
你们已经布署好了吗
Each maniple knows its position in line, sir, and exactly what's expected.
每一支步兵中队 都已经记好自己的位置
Every legion commander has been given his battle orders.
每个军团指挥官 都已经接获战斗命令
Excellent. All positions will now be changed.
很好 所有的布署 稍候会有所更改
Changed?
更改
Spartacus takes too keen an interest in our plans, I fear.
我担心斯巴达格斯 太了解我们的作战计划
New battle orders will be issued in a short while.
新的作战命令稍候会下达
Spartacus has every reason to believe that he has outdistanced...
斯巴达格斯以为自己 已经领先了罗马军队
the pursuing armies of Pompey and of Lucullus.
摆脱了庞贝和 卢卡勒斯军队的追击
However, there are passes through the Apennine Mountains...
其实 亚平宁山脉下隐藏了
unknown to any map.
地图上没有标示的通道
It may fortify your courage to know...
这项消息 应该会提升你们的士气
that Pompey is at this moment encamped some 20 miles to the west of us...
就是庞贝正在我们西方 二十英哩处扎营
and that the army of Lucullus approaches from the south...
卢卡勒斯的军队 逐渐自南方接近
by forced night march.
加速夜间行军
Sir, allow us to pledge you the most glorious victory ofyour career.
大人 允许我们祝贺您 事业上光荣的胜利
I'm not after glory!
我不是为了荣誉
I'm after Spartacus.
我是为了斯巴达格斯
And, gentlemen, I mean to have him.
各位 我决心要逮捕他
However, this campaign is not alone to kill Spartacus.
这场战役 不只是要消灭斯巴达格斯
It is to kill the legend of Spartacus.
而是要消灭斯巴达格斯的传奇
You may go, gentlemen.
各位可以下去了
Hail Crassus.
柯萨斯万岁
Lentulus Batiatus awaits Your Excellency.
兰托勒斯等候大人的召见
-Who? -The lanista, sir.
-谁 -斗剑士训练师
Admit him.
让他进来
Most Blessed Highness, as soon as I received your message...
最尊贵的大人 一接到您的信
I hurried into your distinguished presence.
我就立刻赶来见您
I'm glad you were able to spare the time. Sit down.
我很高兴你能抽空过来 坐下
How gracious.
谢谢您
I understand... I'm informed...
我了解 我收到消息
that Spartacus once trained under your auspices.
斯巴达格斯之前 在你的学校受过训
Yes! In fact...
没错 事实上
if it isn't too subversive to say so...
如果这样说 不会太大逆不道的话
I made him what he is today.
是我一手造就他的
You're to be congratulated indeed.
你应该感到高兴才对
I, too, as it happens, since you're so admirably qualified to give me...
我也一样 因为终于找到正确的人选
what up to now I've not been able to obtain:
可以提供我最需要的资料
a physical description of Spartacus.
斯巴达格斯的外形 特征
Yes.
好的
But you saw him.
你不是见过他吗
-What? -In the ring.
-什么 -在竞技场
When?
什么时候
When you visited my school with those two charming ladies.
上次您和两位美丽的女士 拜访我的学校时
What?
真的
I trust they're both in good health.
相信她们两位现在一定很好
They selected him to fight against Draba, the Negro.
她们选他对抗卓霸 那个黑人
-I remember the Negro. -You had good cause to, if I remember...
-我记得那个黑人 -大人 恕我直言 如果你
If I may say so, Your Excellency.
你有很好的理由记得他
A brilliant dagger thrust. Difficult angle.
你的刀法又快又准
-Spartacus was the opponent? -Yes.
-斯巴达格斯是那个对手 -是的
What did he look like?
他长得什么样子
That's a matter of some importance to Your Highness?
那对大人很重要吗
Yes, to every man who loves Rome and wishes to see her strong.
是的 对每个爱罗马 希望她强大的人都很重要
We're both Roman patriots, sir.
我们都爱罗马
You're a great one. I, of course, smaller.
只是你对她的爱强烈过我
But we both believe in Roman fair play.
但我们相信罗马的公正
If you want something from me...
如果你对我有所求
I would be lacking in respect for my own conscience...
我却不说我想得到回报
if I did not say that I wish something from you.
我就是在自欺欺人
Name your price.
你开个价吧
If... no...
要是 不
when you win your victory tomorrow...
明天当你获得胜利时
presumably the survivors will be auctioned off...
假设 幸存的俘虏会被拍卖
in order to pay for the expenses of this heroic expedition.
用来帖补此次战役的损失
Could not the agent for that sale be he...
有幸经手买卖的代理人
who shares this tiny moment of history with Your Honour?
是否就是此刻帮大人 创造历史的幸运儿
I authorize you to be the agent for the sale of all survivors.
我授权你担任 俘虏拍卖会的代理人
In return, you will remain here with us until after the battle...
报答的方法 是你要留下来 直到战役结束
and aid me in identifying Spartacus.
协助我辨认斯巴达格斯
After the battle?
到战争结束
You misunderstand me. I'm a civilian.
你误会了 我只是普通百姓
I'm even more of a civilian than most civilians.
我甚至比普通老百姓 还像老百姓
If you wish to remain so...
你要是希望继续如此
I should strongly advise you to stay here and be our guest.
我应该大力建议你留下来 当我们的贵宾
Guard!
卫兵
My dear, all -conquering Marcus Licinius Crassus...
亲爱的 无敌的马可斯柯萨斯
what if it is Spartacus who crosses the battlefield...
到时候 如果是他 越过战场来
looking for you?
找寻你呢
In such circumstances, I have no doubt...
我很确定在那种情况下
you will be helping him.
你会帮他的
This fellow remains with us until after the battle.
这个人留下来 直到战役结束
Make him comfortable. Don't let him feel lonely.
好好招待他 别让他觉得无聊
Mommy? Mommy?
妈咪 妈咪
When do we go home?
我们什么时候回家
Go to sleep, dear.
宝贝 快点睡
No pains yet?
还没开始阵痛
He's a bad child, though. He hits me with his fist.
不过 他很皮 他用拳头打我
He wants to see his mother. Can you blame him?
他急着想看到妈妈 不能怪他
Can you feel it?
你感觉到了吗
No, I don't.
不 我没有
I hope he waits till we get to Rome.
希望他能耐心等到 我们进入罗马
Rome!
罗马
They've never beaten us yet.
他们从未击败过我们
No.
不是这样
But no matter how many times we beat them...
不论我们击败他们多少次
they still seem to have another army to send against us.
他们又会派新的军队 来对付我们
And another.
再派新的军队
Varinia, it just seems like we've started something...
薇瑞妮亚 感觉上像我们开始了
that has no ending!
一件没有结果的事
If it ended tomorrow, it would be worth it.
要是战争明天结束 再多的辛苦都值得
Varinia, don't make me weak.
薇瑞妮亚 别让我软弱
You're strong enough to be weak.
你坚强到可以软弱
I love you more than my life.
我爱你胜过我的生命
Yet, sometimes, even with you here sleeping beside me...
有的时候 即使你就在我的身旁
I feel so alone.
我仍旧感到孤单
I imagine a god for slaves...
我幻想有一位保护奴隶的神
and I pray.
我向他祈祷
What do you pray for?
你祈祷些什么
I pray for a son who'll be born free.
我祈祷我们的儿子生而自由
I pray for the same thing.
我也一样
Take care of my son, Varinia.
薇瑞妮亚 好好照顾我的儿子
If he never knows me...
万一他没有机会认识我
tell him who I was and what we dreamed of.
告诉他 我是什么样的人 还有我们的梦想
Tell him the truth. There will be plenty of others to tell him lies.
告诉他实话 因为很多人会对他说谎
I can't live without you, Spartacus!
斯巴达格斯 没有你我活不下去 薇瑞妮亚
For you and me there can be no farewells.
你和我 永远都不会分开
As long as one of us lives...
只要其中一人活着
we all live.
我们就都活着
I felt it! Did you feel it?
我感觉到了 你有没有 有 我有
-Yes, I did. -That was so strong. Does it hurt you?
-他很有力气 -你会痛吗 不会
That was so strong.
他很强壮
Oh! Varinia.
哦 薇瑞妮亚
Lucullus and Pompey.
卢卡勒斯和庞贝
Have we a count of prisoners?
清点过俘虏了吗
We haven't made the final count, sir.
还没做最后的清点 大人
I bring a message from your master...
我替你们的主人带来一个消息
Marcus Licinius Crassus...
马可斯柯萨斯
commander of Italy.
意大利指挥官
By command of His Most Merciful Excellency...
奉他仁慈的命令
your lives are to be spared.
你们可以免去一死
Slaves you were...
你们原先为奴
and slaves you remain.
今后仍将继续为奴
But the terrible penalty of crucifixion...
这项恐怖的惩罚
has been set aside...
虽然可免于钉十字架
on the single condition that you identify the body...
但唯一的条件是 你们必须指认斯巴达格斯
or the living person of the slave called Spartacus.
的尸体或是他本人
-I'm Spartacus! -I'm Spartacus!
-我是斯巴达格斯 -我是斯巴达格斯
I'm Spartacus!
我是斯巴达格斯
I'm Spartacus!
我是斯巴达格斯
I'm Spartacus!
我是斯巴达格斯
I'm Spartacus!
我是斯巴达格斯
I'm Spartacus!
我是斯巴达格斯
Forgive me for being one of the last to congratulate you, Your Nobility.
大人 原谅我最后才来恭喜你
There's an ugly rumour going round the camp...
军营里在流传一个邪恶的谣言
that the prisoners are to be crucified.
所有的俘虏都会被钉上十字架
That is true.
是真的
Perhaps this is the moment to remind Your Highness...
或许我该趁机提醒陛下
that yesterday you promised me I could be the agent in their auctioning.
昨天您答应让我担任 俘虏拍卖会的代理人
Last night you promised Spartacus to me! Where is he?
你答应帮我指认斯巴达格斯 现在他人在哪
In return, I promised you the sale of the survivors...
为了回报你 我才答应的
and there will be none!
现在全部无效
-It's Varinia. -Yes, I remember.
-是薇瑞妮亚 -对 我记得
You're the woman of Spartacus?
你是斯巴达格斯的女人
I'm his wife.
我是他妻子
And this is his child?
这是他的孩子
Yes.
是的
Where is Spartacus?
他人呢
Dead.
死了
Did you see him killed?
你亲眼看到他被杀的
Yes.
没错
You're lying. Where is he?
你说谎 他在哪
At least here is someone worth selling, Your Enormity.
现在至少有人值得拍卖了 大人
I'll even take the child as an investment.
我愿意带走小孩当做投资
-How many women have been taken? -Under forty, sir.
-我们俘虏了多少女人 -不到四十人 大人
Most of those who weren't killed have run to the hills with their children.
其他没被杀的女人 带着小孩往山丘跑了
You may sell all the others, but not this woman.
你可以卖掉其他的俘虏 但不是这个
But you haven't seen the others, Your Magnitude.
大人 您没见过她们
They're of surpassing ugliness! A genius wouldn't be able to sell them!
她们非常的丑 就算是天才也卖不掉他们
Flog that scoundrel out of camp.
揍他一顿 然后赶他出军营
This woman and her child are to be conveyed to my house in Rome.
把这个女人和她的孩子 带到我罗马的家
-Halt them! -Halt!
-叫他们停 -停
Antoninus?
安东奈斯
Tribune!
护民官
Slaves are to be crucified along the roadside...
沿着路旁 把奴隶钉上十字架
the whole distance between here and the gates of Rome.
距离从这里到罗马的城门
Hold this man till the end.
把这个人留到最后
And that man too.
还有那个人
-March on. -March on!
-继续走 -继续走
I've more stripes on my back than a zebra!
我背上的条纹比斑马还多
Every time I touch my wounds...
每次我一碰到伤口
they sing like larks.
痛的让我想尖叫
But in spite of that, I think I've found something...
但除此以外 我找到了
-I never had before with all my wealth. -What is that?
-钱财所买不到的东西 -是什么
Don't laugh at me, but I believe it to be dignity.
别笑我 不过我相信是尊严
In Rome, dignity shortens life...
在罗马 尊严比疾病
even more surely than disease.
更容易让人丧命
The gods must be saving you for some great enterprise.
天神一定是为了生意才救你
You think so?
你真的这么认为
Anyone who believes I'll turn informer for nothing is a fool.
认为我会免费 做告密者的是傻瓜
I bore the whip without complaint.
我毫无怨言的忍受鞭打
Yes, indeed, that sounds like a bad attack of dignity.
没错 那对尊严是最大的攻击
I hope, however, this will not deflect you...
我希望这不会引响到你
from the revenge you were going to take on Crassus.
对柯萨斯报复的决心
No, on the contrary. It only strengthens my resolve.
不 相反的 这只会加强我的决心
I'm glad to learn that.
听你这么说我很高兴
This woman Varinia is in his house. All Rome knows about it.
全罗马都知道 叫薇瑞妮亚的女人住在他家
Malicious tongues even say...
恶毒的言论甚至说
that he's in love for the first time in his life.
他生平第一次陷入爱河
Yes!
没错
I noticed a strange look in his eye when he first saw her.
第一次见面时我注意到 他看她的眼神很特别
It would take a great woman...
只有特别的女人
to make Crassus fall out of love with himself.
才能让柯萨斯停止自恋
I'll be honest with you, Gracchus.
奎格斯 我坦白告诉你
She's not as unattractive as I told you she was.
她不像我说的那样没有吸引力
Dignity and honesty in one afternoon! I hardly recognize you.
一个下午 找回了自尊和诚实 我快认不得你了
-But she is an impossible woman. -Beautiful?
-她是个特别的女人 -美丽
Beautiful? Well, beautiful.
美丽 很美丽
The more chains you put on her, the less like a slave she looks.
锁链也无法掩盖她的气质
-Proud? -Proud, proud.
-骄傲 -骄傲 骄傲
You'd feel that she would surrender to the right man...
你晓得吸引她的 绝对不会是我这一型的男人
which is irritating.
让人恼火的
I like Crassus. Let's save him from his agony.
我喜欢柯萨斯 让我们帮他脱离烦恼
Let's steal this woman.
我们把这个女人偷走
Steal the woman? Why?
偷走她 怎么偷
I can no longer hurt Crassus in the senate...
我不能在元老院伤害他了
but I can hurt him where he'll feel it most, in his pride.
但我可以伤害他最介意的自尊
Attack our enemy from within.
从内部攻击我们的敌人
The scheme is excellent...
这个计划非常棒
but I hope you're not suggesting that I steal the woman!
不过我希望 你不是要我去偷她
Yes.
没错
Buy some horses and a cart with a canopy.
买几匹马和一个有蓬的马车
Bring her here by nightfall.
趁天黑时把她带来这里
Add courage to your newfound virtues.
让勇气成为 你新发现的美德之一
Would half a million sesterces make you brave?
五十万元能让你勇敢吗
Half a million?
五十万
Crassus does seem to dwindle in the mind, but...
确实是让我的胆量 变得比较大
Let's reduce him still further. A round million!
让我们把你变得更勇敢 凑成一百万如何
A million.
一百万
For such a sum, I could bribe Jupiter himself!
这个金额可以直接贿赂爱神
With a lesser sum, I have.
用不着这么多
Forgive the intrusion.
原谅我的冒昧
You know I'm not in the habit of coming into your house uninvited.
你知道 我并不习惯不请自来
You've always been welcome here...
我这里一向都欢迎你
as a pupil.
以学生的身份
-You're not alone. -No.
-你不是一个人来 -不
This time you've come to teach.
你来有什么指教
You've joined Crassus?
你是柯萨斯的人
-Am I arrested? -No.
-我被捕了 -不是
But I must ask you to come with me to the senate immediately.
但我必须要求你 立刻跟我去元老院
What I do, I do not for myself...
这么做不是为了我自己
but for Rome.
是为了罗马
Poor helpless Rome!
可怜 无助的罗马
Let's go and hear more about Rome from Crassus!
让我们去听听 柯萨斯有什么要说的
Did you truly believe 500 years of Rome...
你以为有五百年历史的罗马
could so easily be delivered into the clutches of a mob?
会如此轻易的 被交到暴民手中
Already the bodies of 6,000 crucified slaves...
六千具俘虏的尸体 已经排列在
line the Appian Way.
亚平宁通道上
Tomorrow the last of their companions will fight to the death...
剩下最后两名 明天会在我父亲的神殿
in the temple of my fathers as a sacrifice to them.
进行生死格斗 当是向他奉献的祭品
As those slaves have died, so will your rabble...
那些奴隶的下场 就是你们这群暴民的借镜
if they falter one instant in loyalty to the new order of affairs.
他们如果对效忠新政权 有半点迟疑
The enemies of the state are known.
他们就是帝国的敌人
Arrests are in progress. The prisons begin to fill.
而且会即刻被逮捕 监狱里将人满为患
In every city and province, lists of the disloyal have been compiled.
在每个省分 城市 都备有一份叛逆份子的名单
Tomorrow they will learn the cost of their terrible folly...
明天他们会为自己 愚蠢的行为付出代价
their treason.
就是叛国罪
Where does my name appear...
在这份名单上
on the list of disloyal enemies of the state?
我的名字会出现在哪里
First.
第一个
Yet upon you I have no desire for vengeance.
全看你 我并不打算报复
Your property shall not be touched.
你的财产不会受影响
You will retain the rank and title of Roman senator.
你会保留元老院议员的头衔
A house...
一间房子
a farmhouse in Picenum has been provided for your exile.
一间在帕西蒙的农庄 为你以后流亡所准备的
You may take your women with you.
你可以带你的女人去
Why am I to be left so conspicuously alive?
你饶我一命又有什么目的
Your followers are deluded enough to trust you.
你的支持者笨到只相信你
I intend that you shall speak to them tomorrow for their own good...
我希望你能出面 帮我说服他们
their peaceful and profitable future.
为了他们的以后着想
From time to time thereafter, I may find it useful...
从那以后 我会需要你
to bring you back to Rome to continue your duty to her...
不时回罗马安抚他们
to calm the envious spirit...
稳定嫉妒的情绪
and the troubled mind.
和不安的心灵
You will persuade them to accept destiny and order...
你会说服他们 接受命运和秩序
and trust the gods!
并且相信天神
You may go.
你可以走了
Halt!
Now, why hide behind that stola?
为什么把自己隐藏在围巾下
That's better.
这样好多了
That dress took some weeks of a woman's life.
那件洋装花了一名女奴 几个星期的时间
You, above all people, should respect the work
你应该尊敬她的工作
of slaves and wear it proudly.
而且骄傲的穿着它
Come here.
过来
This belonged to a queen...
这项链以前属于一位女王
the queen of Persia.
波斯女王
It's heavy.
很重
In time you will wear it lightly enough.
戴久了你就会习惯了
Sit down.
坐下来
Will you have some squab and honey?
要不要吃点乳鸽加蜂蜜
No.
不要
You'll enjoy it.
你会喜欢的
And a piece of melon?
吃一片瓜
And some wine, of course.
当然得来点酒
Eat.
吃吧
I did not command you to eat.
我没有命令你吃
I invited you.
我邀请你进餐
You find the richness of your surroundings...
周围的环境 让你
makes conversation difficult?
不知该说些什么
Why am I here?
为什么我在这里
Good question.
很好的问题
A woman's question.
一个女人的问题
I wish the answer could be as good and straightforward.
我希望你能接受我的答案
-The infant... it thrives? -He thrives.
-宝宝 还好吗 -他很好
I purchased a wet nurse for him yesterday.
我昨天帮他请了奶妈
I hope milk agrees with him.
希望宝宝喝她的奶没问题
I sent her away.
我叫她走了
I prefer to nurse the child myself.
我情愿自己哺乳
I'm not sure I approve.
我想我不能同意
It ties you to the old life.
这样你会无法忘记过去
I want you to begin to look forward to the new.
我要你开始新的人生
I don't care about my new life here.
我不在乎我的新生活
You care about the life of your child, don't you?
你在意宝宝的生活 对吧
Why do you threaten me with my baby?
为什么你要用孩子来威胁我
I belong to you. You can take me anytime you wish.
我是你的奴隶 你随时都可以要我
But I don't want to take you.
我不要强迫你
I want you to give.
我要你心甘情愿
I want your love, Varinia.
薇瑞妮亚 我要你的爱
You think by threatening to kill my child...
你认为用孩子的生命 来威胁我
you'll make me love you?
会使我爱上你吗
I did not threaten to kill your child.
我没有拿孩子的命来威胁你
I'm sorry, Varinia.
我很抱歉 薇瑞妮亚
One shouldn't grieve forever.
你不能永远悲伤
I'm not grieving.
我不是悲伤
I'm remembering.
我是在回忆
Do I interfere with your memories?
我妨碍了你回忆吗
No.
没有
You tread the ridge between truth and insult...
你讽刺人时 还能表现的
with the skill of a mountain goat!
如此不经意
What do you remember when you think about Spartacus?
当你想到斯巴达格斯时 你记得些什么
It doesn't distress you to talk about him?
谈论他不会让你痛苦吗
No.
不会
Well, then...
好 那么
what sort of a man was he...
他到底是个什么样的人
really?
到底
He was a man who began all alone...
他出生时一无所有
like an animal.
像动物一样
Yet on the day he died...
但当他死时
thousands and thousands would gladly have died in his place.
数以千计的人愿代他去死
What was he? Was he a god?
他是什么 是神吗
He wasn't a god.
他不是神
He was a simple man.
他只是个普通人
A slave.
一个奴隶
I loved him.
我爱他
He was an outlaw! A murderer!
他是个不法之徒 是个杀人凶手
An enemy to everything fine and decent that Rome ever built!
是挑战罗马传统价值观的敌人
Damn you! You tell me.
该死 你告诉我
-Why did you love him? -I can't tell you.
-为什么你爱他 -我没办法告诉你
I can't tell you things you can never understand.
你不了解的事 我又怎么能够告诉你
But I want to understand.
但我想要了解
Don't you see? I must understand.
你不明白吗 我必须了解
You're afraid of him, aren't you?
你怕他 对不对
That's why you want his wife...
这就是你为何要得到他的妻子
to soothe your fear by having something he had.
藉由拥有他的东西 来减轻你的恐惧
When you're so afraid, nothing can help.
当你非常害怕时 任何方法都没用的
Nothing.
没用的
We shall see.
到时候就知道了
Could we have won, Spartacus?
我们可能获胜吗 斯巴达格斯
Could we ever have won?
我们有可能获胜吗
Just by fighting them, we won something.
藉着反抗他们 我们得到了胜利
When just one man says, "No, I won't"...
当只有一个人大声拒绝时
Rome begins to fear.
罗马开始害怕
And we were tens of thousands who said no.
而我们有成千上万的人大声拒绝
That was the wonder of it.
这就是让他们惊叹的地方
To have seen slaves lift their heads from the dust...
看到奴隶们从尘土中抬起头来
to see them rise from their knees...
看到他们挺身站了起来
stand tall...
抬头挺胸
with a song on their lips...
唱出自己的歌
to hear them...
听到他们
storm through the mountains shouting...
越过山野狂呼
to hear them sing along the plains.
奔过草原歌唱
And now they're dead.
但他们现在都死了
Dead.
死了
Varinia...
薇瑞妮亚
dead.
死了
And the baby.
还有宝宝
All of them.
他们全都死了
Are you afraid to die, Spartacus?
你怕死吗 斯巴达格斯
No more than I was to be born.
不会比活在这个世界上糟
Are you afraid?
你会怕吗
Yes.
Hail Counsel!
行政官万岁
Guards, fall in.
卫兵 排队
-Where are the gladiators? -Over there, sir.
-斗剑士在哪 -在那边 大人
Antoninus, the night passes slowly, doesn't it?
安东奈斯 漫长的夜晚 对不对
Spartacus
斯巴达格斯
You are he...
你就是他
aren't you?
对不对
Gladiator, I'm Marcus Licinius Crassus.
斗剑士 我是马可斯柯萨斯
You must answer when I speak to you.
我跟你讲话的时候 你一定要回答
Centurion!
百夫长
Let them fight now. Unchain them.
让他们现在格斗 解开他们的锁链
The entire city's been told they'll fight tomorrow...
全城的人都知道他们明天
in the temple of your ancestors.
会在你祖先的神殿内格斗
They will fight now, for me. Here!
现在就开始为我表演 就在这里
And to the death.
生死格斗
And the victor shall be crucified.
胜利者会被钉上十字架
We will test this myth of slave brotherhood.
我们来测试 奴隶间的患难真情
Unchain them!
解开锁链
Form a circle.
围成圆圈
Don't give them the pleasure of a contest.
他们别想看我们自相残杀
Lower your guard. I'll kill you on the first rush.
放弃防守 我会帮你解脱
I won't let them crucify you!
我不会让你被钉上十字架
It's my last order. Obey it!
这是我最后的命令 照我的话去做
Let them begin.
开始吧
I won't let them crucify you.
我不会让你被钉上十字架
Do you realize how long it takes to die on the cross?
你知道在十字架上 要熬多久才会死吗
I don't care!
我不在乎
Forgive me, Antoninus.
原谅我 安东奈斯
I love you, Spartacus, as I loved my own father.
我爱你 斯巴达格斯 像爱自己的父亲一样
I love you...
我也爱你
like my son that I'll never see.
就像我无缘见面的儿子般
Go to sleep.
睡吧
Here's your victory.
这就是你的胜利
He'll come back.
他会再出现的
He'll come back and he'll be millions!
会再出现千千万万个他
I wonder what Spartacus would say...
我在想斯巴达格斯如果知道
if he knew that the woman, Varinia, and her child...
那个薇瑞妮亚跟她的婴儿
are slaves in my household?
是我家的奴隶 不知会做何表示
Yes.
没错
Spartacus!
斯巴达格斯
Crucify him!
把他钉上十字架
I want no grave for him. No marker.
没有坟墓 没有墓碑
His body's to be burnt and his ashes scattered in secret.
把他的尸体火化 秘密撒掉他的骨灰
Did you fear him, Crassus?
你怕他吗 柯萨斯
Not when I fought him.
打仗时我不怕
I knew he could be beaten.
因为我知道会打败他
But now I fear him, even more than I fear you.
但现在我怕他甚过怕你
-Me? -Yes, my dear Caesar.
-我 -是的 亲爱的凯撒
You!
I don't see the letter here to the leader of the senate.
我没看到 给元老院领袖的信不在这儿
Julia, I don't like the sound of weeping.
茱利亚 我不喜欢你抽泣的声音
This is a happy house. Please stop it.
这是间愉快的房子 别再哭了
There you are. Go away, Julia! Where have you been all this time?
你终于来了 下去吧 你到底跑哪去了
The city is full of Crassus' legions. We've been hiding.
到处都是柯萨斯的军团 我们一路躲躲藏藏
I don't know Rome as well as I know Capua.
加上我又对罗马不熟悉
They're arresting everyone!
他们到处在抓人
So this is the woman...
才征服的那个女人
it took Crassus' eight Roman legions to conquer!
你就是柯萨斯派出八个军团
I wish I had time to make your acquaintance, my dear.
亲爱的 真希望我们有时间互相认识
Unfortunately, we all have to make journeys...
可惜我们必须旅行
to different destinations.
前往不同的目的地
-Where are we going? -You're going to Aquitania.
-我们要去哪里 -你们要去阿奎塔尼亚
The governor's one of my innumerable cousins.
那里的首长是我的表弟
Here's a senatorial pass. It's valid in all the known world.
这是元老院的通行证 在帝国境内通行无阻
Why do I have to go to Aquitania?
为什么我得去阿奎塔尼亚
'Cause I ask you to.
因为我要求你去
It's very good of you, Gracchus, but I'd rather...
奎格斯 谢谢你的好意 可是我宁愿
Double the money I promised you. Here's two million sesterces.
我答应给你的钱的双倍 这里是两百万
Two million?
两百万
Here. Articles of Freedom for the woman.
还有 给她的自由契约
And here's a smaller document that I've prepared...
另外 这份小一点的文件
for the child befitting its size.
是替婴儿准备的 适合小孩的尺寸
Where are you going?
那你要去哪里
To Picenum.
去帕西蒙
Picenum? That's the dreariest town in Italy.
帕西蒙 那是全意大利最可怕的地方
Will you please leave me?
你们不要管我行不行
Come with us.
跟我们一起走
See to it that I don't misuse the money.
确定我没有乱花这笔钱
Don't be ridiculous. I'm a senator.
别开玩笑了 我是个议员
Will you please go before the soldiers come here?
拜托你们在士兵来之前离开
This would really make Crassus jealous.
柯萨斯会非常的嫉妒
Go and make my joy complete.
走吧 别让我的心血白费
Save your tears now. Save them for the journey.
现在别哭 安全上路后再哭
Prettier.
比较漂亮
Halt!
Identify yourselves, please.
请证明你的身份
-Lentulus Batiatus. -Climb down and identify yourselves.
-兰托勒斯贝提亚斯 -下车证明你的身份
-I object to that tone. -I've got my orders.
-我不喜欢你说话的方式 -我是公事公办
Come down and identify yourselves, please.
请你下车 证明你的身份
As I told you, I'm Lentulus Batiatus, the lanista from Capua.
我告诉你了 我是兰托勒斯 来自卡普拉的训练师
This... my sister -in -law.
这是我的小姨子
Lady, please.
女士 请下车
She's travelling...
她和她的儿子
with her child to Aquitania on a senatorial pass.
是拿元老院的通行证 去阿奎塔尼亚旅行
-Take a look through his baggage. -Not a word, please.
-检查他的行李 -求求你 什么都别说
What did you say?
你说什么
Spartacus
哦 斯巴达格斯
-Tell the lady no loitering's allowed. -Instantly.
-告诉那位女士不准闲晃 -当然
Move on!
快去
This is your son.
这是你的儿子
He's free, Spartacus!
斯巴达格斯 他是自由的
Free!
自由的
He's free.
他不是奴隶
He's free.
他是自由的
He'll remember you, Spartacus.
他会记得你 斯巴达格斯
Because I'll tell him.
因为我会告诉他
I'll tell him who his father was and what he dreamed of!
让他知道父亲是什么样的人 还有他父亲的梦想
Varinia, have mercy on us. Get in the wagon.
薇瑞妮亚 你千万要小心 快点上车吧
My love, my life.
我的爱 我的生命
Please die. Die.
去吧 安心的去吧
Please, please die, my love.
求求你安心的去吧 我的爱
Oh, God! Why can't you die?
天哪 为何不让你走
Come on.
走吧
Good -bye, my love, my life.
别了 我的爱 我的生命
Good -bye, good -bye.
别了 别了