小妇人 Little Women

上映日期: 2,019

语言: 英语

影片类型: 剧情 / 爱情

导演: 格蕾塔·葛韦格

演员: 西尔莎·罗南 / 艾玛·沃森 / 弗洛伦丝·皮尤 / 伊莱扎·斯坎伦 / 劳拉·邓恩 / 蒂莫西·柴勒梅德 / 梅丽尔·斯特里普 / 鲍勃·奥登科克 / 詹姆斯·诺顿 / 路易·加瑞尔 / 克里斯·库


台词
翻译:川大毕同学 路过一只喵 校对:川大毕同学
"生活以痛吻我,我却报之以歌"
-路易莎·梅·奥尔科特
Excuse me.
打扰了
I was looking for the Weekly Volcano office.
我在找火山周报的办公室
I wished to see Mr. Dashwood?
我想找达什伍德先生
A friend of mine desired me to offer a story, by her.
我有一个朋友让我帮忙投稿一篇小说
She wrote it, she'd be glad to write more if this suits.
她写的 如果这篇合适的话 她愿意再多写点
Not a first attempt, I take it?
这不是她第一次尝试了吧 我想
No, sir, she has sold to "Olympic" and "Scandal."
不 先生 她有过一些写作经验
And she got a prize for a tale at the "Blarney Stone Banner".
有一篇故事还在《巧言石》杂志上得过奖
A prize?
得奖?
Yes.
对的
Sit.
We'll take this.
我们要了
You will?
是吗
With alterations. It's too long.
要做些删减 太长了
But, you've cut...
但是 你删掉了
I took care to have a few of my sinners repent.
我有意让故事中的一些罪人忏悔
The country just went through a war.
这个国家刚经历了一场战争
People want to be amused, not preached at.
人们想要的是娱乐 不想听说教
Morals don't sell nowadays.
道德训诫现在可没有销路
Perhaps mention that to your "friend".
或许你可以提醒一下你的这位"朋友"
What compensation-- How do you..?
你们会给 我是说 多少稿费
We pay 25 to 30 for things of this sort. We'll pay 20 for that.
这种东西我们一般付25到30刀 你这个大概20刀
You can have it. Make the edits.
成交 删改吧
Should I tell my, my friend that you'll take another
我该告诉我的朋友你会采用一个
if she had one better than this?
一个比这更好的新小说么
We'll look at it. Tell her to make it short and spicy.
我们会读读看的 告诉她要写的短小精悍
And if the main character is a girl, make sure she's married by the end.
如果主角是女孩 一定要让她在结尾结婚
Or dead, either way.
死了也行
Excuse me?
什么
What name would she like put to the story?
你朋友想署什么名字
Yes - none at all, if you please.
呃 请不要署名 如果可以的话
Just as she likes, of course.
当然 我们会遵从她的意愿
Good morning, sir. Good day.
祝你愉快 先生 再见
小妇人
青年旅宿
My Beth would like you very much.
贝丝会很喜欢你
This is a boarding house, not a charity, I need the rent on time!
这里是寄宿公寓 不是慈善机构 你得准时交租
Good afternoon, Miss March.
下午好 马奇小姐
Good afternoon.
下午好
You're on fire.
你有点火
Thank you.
谢谢
You're on fire!
着火了!
Thank you.
谢谢您
I have the same habit, you see?
我也犯过一样的毛病 你瞧
Kitty and Minny are waiting!
凯蒂和米妮在等着呢
My students need me.
该给学生上课了
Always working.
工作个不停
Money is the end and aim of my mercenary existence.
钱就是我这个拜金女活着的目的
No one gets ink stains like yours just out of a desire for money.
没有拜金女手上会有你这样的墨迹
Well, my sister Amy is in Paris, and until she marries someone obscenely wealthy,
我妹妹艾米在巴黎读书 在她嫁给一个有钱人之前
it's up to me to keep the family afloat.
全家人都得靠我维持生计
Goodbye.
再见
The decadents have ruined Paris, if you ask me.
要我说 颓废派艺术家毁了巴黎
These French women couldn't lift a hairbrush.
这些法国女人现在连头发都不梳了
Amy! I said, "These French women couldn't lift a hairbrush."
艾米 我说 “这儿的女人连头发都不梳 ”
Oh yes! Very true, Aunt March.
对 你说得一点没错 马奇婶婶
Don't humor me, girl.
别讨好我了 姑娘
What did they write, your troublemaking family?
你那净惹麻烦的家人又给你写了什么
Mother doesn't say anything about Beth.
妈妈根本没有提到贝丝
I feel I should go back, but they all say "stay."
我觉得我应该回去 但他们都让我留在巴黎
You can do nothing if you go back. The girl is sick, not lonely.
你回去也无济于事 贝丝是病了 不是孤独
And you shouldn't go home until you and Fred Vaughn are properly engaged.
在你和弗雷德·沃恩订婚之前你就不应该回家
Yes, and until I've completed all of my painting lessons, of course.
对 我也得完成绘画课程
Oh, yes, yes.
哦 是的 对的
Of course.
当然
Stop the carriage! Laurie! Laurie!
停一下 劳里 劳里
Amy!
艾米!
My, you've grown so much!
天啊 你变化真大
You wrote you'd meet me at the hotel.
你写信约我在旅馆见的
- I couldn't find you anywhere - You didn't look hard enough!
-我到处都找不到你 -你还不够努力嘛
Or maybe I didn't recognize you because you're so beautiful now.
或许是因为你现在已经漂亮到我认不出了
- Oh, stop it. - I thought you liked that sort of thing.
-得了吧 -你明明很爱听
No, where's your Grandfather?
你祖父呢
He's in Germany. He's still traveling. I'm traveling on my own now
他还在德国的旅程中 我现在一个人旅行
And flirting and gambling and drinking
就是到处调情 赌博 喝酒呗
Don't tell your mother.
别告诉你妈妈
Are you chasing some young girl across Europe?
你在欧洲有和女孩坠入爱河么
No.
没有
I couldn't believe Jo turned you down. I'm so sorry.
我不敢相信乔拒绝了你 我很抱歉
Don't be, Amy. I'm not.
别这样 艾米 我并没有
Amy! Amy March!
艾米 艾米·马奇
You come back here right this instance!
马上回来
Come. Come on.
快点 快上来
Get him off me! Allons-y. I'm meaning to be somewhere.
快把他甩开 没错 快离开
Laurie, come to the New Year's Party!
劳里 记得来参加新年晚会
It's a ball and everyone will be there, including Fred.
大家都会去 包括弗雷德
Pick me up at the hotel at eight - the Chavain!
八点来沙凡酒店接我
Laurie, dress for festivities! Top hats and silks!
劳里 别忘了穿上节日礼服 礼帽和绸衣
I will! I'll wear my best silk.
我会的 一定盛装出席
It's Laurie!
他是劳里
I know.
我当然知道
Twenty yards of the blue silk as well as the pink.
二十码的蓝色和粉红色丝绸
Someone will be by for it later.
等会儿会有人来取的
Meg! That would look so lovely on you.
梅格 你穿上这个会很好看的
I know just the dressmaker to send you to.
我知道有个上好的裁缝
You'll be the prettiest wife in Concord.
你会是康科德镇最漂亮的妻子
John needs a new coat for winter,
约翰这个冬天需要一件新外套
and Daisy and Demi need new clothes
黛西和黛米需要新衣服
And his wife needs a new dress.
他妻子也需要一件新衣服
I can't... it's...
我不能 因为
I just can't.
我的确不能
He'll be so pleased with how you look,
他会很满意你穿上的样子的
he'll forget all about the expense.
甚至忘记所有的花费
I don't suppose that's too much an extravagance.
其实我觉得也不是很贵
Will 20 yards do?
20码行吗
Yes.
可以
Very good.
好的
Fifty dollars, what was I thinking?
五十美元啊 我在做什么
Mommy - mommy
妈妈 妈妈
My loves.
我的宝贝
Go play.
去玩吧
Beth
贝丝
Beth?
贝丝?
There lies your way, due west. Then westward-ho!
那便是你的去处 往西去 -那么 西去啊!
出自莎士比亚《第十二夜》第三幕第一景
Grace and good disposition attend your ladyship!
愿小姐福佑安宁!
You'll nothing, madam, to my lord by me?
你没有话要我回报我的主人么?
Stay! I prithee, tell me what thou thinkest of me.
等一下 我请你告诉我你对我有何感想
That you do think you are not what you are.
我认为你在想你不是你现在所是之人
If I think so, I think the same of you.
如果我是这样想 我对你也作同样想
Then think you right: I am not what I am.
那你可想对了 我不是我现在所像是之人
Excuse me?
抱歉
I only speak English. I'm sorry. What?
我只说英语 抱歉 什么
What did you say?
你说什么
Come dance.
来跳舞吧
I know exactly who I want to dance with.
我很清楚我想和谁跳舞
七年前 康科特镇 马萨诸塞州
Who will you dance with, Jo?
乔 你要和谁跳舞
You know I never dance.
你知道我从不跳舞的
Why can't we all go to the party?! It's not fair!
为什么我们不能都去参加聚会 这不公平
- Just wear your regular shoes. - These fit last winter.
-穿平常的鞋就行了 -去年冬天还合穿的
My nose will simply not look refined.
我的鼻子看起来一点都不精致
I like your nose.
我喜欢你的鼻子
Now, Jo
过来 乔
Don't touch me, thanks! I already feel ridiculous.
别碰我 谢谢 我已经觉得够可笑了
I don't want to look--
我不想看起来
- You could be pretty if you tried. - Don't want to, won't do it.
-你试试的话 肯定会很漂亮的 -既不想 也不会
I don't want to go but I wish I could hear all the music.
我不想去 但我希望我能享受到所有的音乐
I'll keep it all in my head and try to sing it for you.
我会把这些都记在脑子里 回来唱给你
Ought they to smoke like that?
头发怎么会冒烟呢
It's the dampness drying.
是水汽在蒸发呢
What a queer smell, it's like burnt feathers.
真难闻 像是羽毛被烧焦了
I'll take this off and you'll see a perfect ringlet.
我现在要把它拿掉 你马上就能看到好多小发卷儿了
Why is her hair off?
为什么她的头发烧掉了
- Meg, I'm so sorry. - What have you done?!
-梅格 我很抱歉 -你都干了些什么
I'm sorry. You shouldn't have asked me to do it. I ruin everything.
抱歉 你不该让我给你烫头发的 我总是把事情弄糟
Marmee! I can't go! I'm spoilt! My hair!
妈咪 我去不成舞会了 我头发坏掉了
Don't stare, don't put your hands behind your back,
别盯着衣服 别把手放在背后
don't say Christopher Columbus, don't say Capital,
不要说我的妈 不要说绝了
don't shake hands, don't whistle.
别握手 别吹口哨
Meg March! You look so pretty!
梅格·马奇!你看起来真漂亮!
Meg...
梅格
Sorry, I didn't know anyone was here.
对不起 我不知道这里有人
Not at all, stay, if you like.
没关系 想留下就留下来吧
I won't disturb you?
我不会打扰到你吧
No, I don't know many people here, I felt rather strange at first.
完全不会 这里好多人我都不认识 总感觉很不自在
So do I.
我也是
Miss March, isn't it?
马奇小姐 对吗
Yes, Mr. Laurence, but I'm not Miss March, I'm only Jo.
是的 劳伦斯先生 但我不是马奇小姐 我只是乔
And I'm not Mr. Laurence, I'm only Laurie.
我不是劳伦斯先生 我只是劳里
Don't you dance?
你不跳舞吗
I don't know how you do things here yet,
我还不熟悉你们这儿的习惯
You see,I've spent most of my life in Europe.
你知道 我在欧洲待了很长时间
Europe! That's Capital!
欧洲 真是绝了!
I shouldn't use words like that.
我不应该说这种粗话
Says who?
谁说的
Meg. She's my older sister. Here.
梅格 我姐姐 在这里
That's her, see?
就是她 看到没
The girl in the violet dress?
穿紫罗兰色裙子的女孩
It's very pretty.
非常漂亮
She reminds me to be good, so Father will be proud of me when he returns.
她让我表现好点 这样父亲回来时才会为我自豪
Where is he?
他现在在哪儿
Volunteered for the Union Army. And I wanted to go fight with him.
为联邦军服务 我其实想和他一起去打仗
I can't get over my disappointment in being a girl.
做一个女孩太让人失望了
Jo, would you like to dance with me?
乔 能请你跳支舞吗
I can't, because...
不行 因为
Because of what?
因为什么
You won't tell?
你保证不跟别人说
Never.
保证
I scorched my dress, see? There.
我裙子被火烧坏了 看到没 这里
And Meg told me to keep still, so no one would see it.
梅格叫我别乱动 这样大家就看不出来了
You can laugh if you want to. It's funny, I know.
你想笑就笑吧 我知道这很滑稽
I have an idea of how we can manage.
我有一个点子
My foot - I've hurt my ankle.
我的脚 我的脚踝扭伤了
How am I going to get home?
我该怎么回家呢
I don't see what you can do except get a carriage
这个点除了坐马车似乎没什么别的了
- or stay here all night. - Carriages are too expensive.
-或者整晚呆在这儿 -马车太贵了
Let me take you. It's right next door.
我带你回去吧 我的车就在隔壁
No, thank you, we cannot accept.
不了 谢谢 你的好意心领了
You must take mine. Please.
你只能乘我的车 拜托
No, it's so early, you can't mean to leave yet.
不行 太早了 你应该还不想走
I always leave early - I do, truly.
我一向早回家 真的
What choice do you have?
你还有什么选择
I told you those shoes were too small.
我告诉过你那些鞋太小了
Goodness gracious, what have you done!
天哪 你做了什么
- You're back! How was it? - Clear that chair.
-你回来了 聚会怎么样 -把椅子上东西拿开
All right, help your sister, then back to bed!
行了 帮帮你大姐 然后回床上去
Make room, Meg is a wounded soldier!
开路 梅格是个伤兵
I sprained my ankle.
我只是扭伤了脚踝
-Oh, Meg - you'll kill yourself for fashion one of these days.
-哦 梅格 -总有一天你会为了漂亮付出代价的
Hannah! We need ice!
汉娜 拿点冰块过来
- Come in. Come in. - It's all right.
-进来吧 进来吧 -可以吗
Apologies for the chaos:
抱歉 有点混乱
I enjoy baking in the middle of the night.
我喜欢在半夜烘焙
And don't mind the clutter, Mr. Laurence, we don't.
劳伦斯先生 别介意这里凌乱不堪
Laurie, please.
我叫劳里
Can I call you Teddy?
我可以叫你泰迪吗
Yes.
当然
You must be part of their theatricals! They could use--
你一定得加入她们姐妹戏剧团 她们很缺演员
I'm Amy.
我是艾米
Hello.
你好
- Have a scone. - This? Thank you.
-吃个烤饼 -哦 谢谢您
Laurie, how are your ankles? Do you need ice?
劳里 你的脚踝怎么样 你也需要冰吗
No, thank you, ma'am.
不 谢谢你 妈米
Just call me Mother, or Marmee. Everyone does.
叫我妈妈 或者叫玛米都行 她们每个人都这样
Meg, why didn't you wear those pink shoes
梅格 你为什么不穿那双粉红色的鞋
It's cold!
好冰
But they look so good!
但它们看起来太漂亮了
It feels like being a fine young lady to come home from my party
坐马车从聚会回家 还有人侍候我
in a carriage and have maids wait on me.
这种感觉真棒
纽约市西区五金行
For the writer in the attic:
致阁楼上的作家:
Because you enjoyed the play so much tonight,
今晚莎翁的这出戏你看得如痴如醉
I wanted you to have this.
我觉得你应当得到这套莎士比亚全集
It will help you study character and paint it with your pen.
它将帮助你学习人物描写 并让你笔下生花
I would love to read what you're writing, if you'll trust me.
如果你信任我 我很乐意读到你的作品
I promise honesty and whatever intelligence I can muster.
我将用我毕生的智慧真诚地为你献上评价
Yours, Friedrich.
朋友弗里德里希·巴尔赠
Fred, would you like a glass?
弗雷德 你要来一杯吗
I will, thank you.
好的 谢谢
Would you excuse me for one second?
失陪一下
Laurie.
劳里
Amy.
艾米
I waited an hour for you.
我等了你一个小时
I feel caught.
被你发现了
Amy, please! Amy.
艾米 抱歉
Do you want to know what I honestly think of you?
你想知道我对你的真实看法吗
What do you honestly think of me?
你觉得我怎么样
- I despise you. - Why do you despise me?
-我鄙视你 -你为什么鄙视我
Because with every chance of being good, happy and useful
你本有很多机会做一个善良、有为、快乐的好男孩
you are lazy, faulty and miserable.
但你总是一错再错 不知悔改 任由自己懒散消沉
Oh, this is interesting.
哦 有意思
Selfish people do like to talk about themselves.
自私的人就爱谈论自己
- Am I selfish? - Yes, very selfish.
-我自私吗?-是的 非常自私
With your money, talent, beauty, and health.
枉费你的金钱才华 俊美健朗
Oh, you think I'm beautiful?
哦 你觉得我漂亮吗
You like that, you old vanity
你就喜欢这样 你这个老虚荣
with all these good things to enjoy, you can find nothing to do but dawdle.
有这么多美好的事物可以享受 你却只会虚度生命
I'll be good for you, Saint Amy, I'll be good!
我会为你好起来的 圣人艾米 我会浪子回头的
Aren't you ashamed of a hand like that?
你不会为你这样的手感到羞耻吗
No, I'm not.
不 我不会
Looks like it's never done a day of work in its life, and that ring is ridiculous.
看起来它这辈子都没干过一次活 那戒指真可笑
Jo gave me this ring.
戒指是乔给我的
I feel sorry for you, I really do.
我真为你感到难过
I just wish you'd bear it better.
我只希望你能成熟的面对这一切
You don't have to feel sorry for me, Amy. You'll feel the same way one day.
不必为我难过 总有一天你也会有同样的体验的
No, I'd be respected if I couldn't be loved.
不 即使我不能被爱 也至少会被人尊重
What have you done lately, oh great "artiste"?
你又有什么成就 哦? "大艺术家"
Perhaps, you're fantasizing about spending Fred Vaughn's fortune?
或许 你正想着怎么花弗雷德·沃恩的钱
Fred Vaughn, ladies and gentlemen!
弗雷德·沃恩! 女士们 先生们
Fred, I'm so sorry.
弗雷德 我很抱歉
Those are just stories, of course.
这些只是短篇
But I'm working on a novel.
但我正在写一本小说
And your novel, it will be like this?
你的小说 也会是这种风格吗
Yes... so far, anyway.
对 现在来看是的
With plots like this? Duels and killing?
像这种打打杀杀的情节么
It sells, so...
它很畅销 所以
Why don't you sign your real name?
你为什么不署上你的真名
My mother wouldn't like it.
我妈妈不会喜欢的
It's too gory for her.
对她来说太血腥了
I want to help with the money I make, and not worry her.
我既想赚钱养家 也不想打扰到她
Anyway, I don't like them.
但 我并不太喜欢
Honestly, I mean...
老实说 我的意思是
I think that they're not good.
我觉得它们并不太好
But...
但是
They're published in the papers,
它们已经上报纸了
and people have always said that I'm talented.
人们都夸我很有才华
Oh, I think you're talented, which is why I'm being so blunt.
你的确有才华 所以我才这么直率
I can't afford to starve on praise.
我不能为了赞美而去挨饿
Are you upset?
你不高兴么
Of course, I'm upset!
当然 我很难过
You just told me you didn't like my work!
你刚告诉我你不喜欢我的作品
I thought you wanted honesty.
我以为你想要真实的评价
Yes, I do!
是的 当然
Has no one ever talked to you like this before?
以前没有人跟你这样说话吗
Yes, I've been rejected plenty of times.
有 我被拒稿过无数次了
Do you have anyone to take you seriously, Jo, to talk about your work?
乔 有人曾认真地对待过你的作品么
And who made you High Priest of what's good and what's bad?
是谁让你做了能评价别人好坏的大祭司
- No one, and I'm not. - Then why are you acting like it?
-没有人 我也没 -那你为什么这么做
Jo, your reaction indicates that--
乔 你的反应表明
My reaction indicates that you are a pompous blowhard!
我的反应表明你就只会自负地吹牛
Shakespeare wrote for the masses.
莎士比亚是为大众写作的
Shakespeare was the greatest poet who ever lived,
莎士比亚是有史以来最伟大的诗人
because smuggled his poetry in popular works.
因为他把诗的火种盗取到普罗大众中去了
- But, I'm no Shakespeare. - Thank goodness, we already have him.
-但我不是莎士比亚 -谢天谢地 我们已经有一个了
If you know so much about it, then why don't you do it yourself?
既然你这么会说 那你为什么不自己写呢
Because I'm not a writer.
因为我不是作家
I don't have the gifts you have.
我没有你的天赋
No, you don't!
对 你当然没有
And you will always be a critic, and never an author,
你永远都只是一个评论家 而不会是作家
and the world will forget that you've ever even lived.
在你死后 全世界都会忘记你的存在
I'm sure they will.
嗯 我相信他们会的
But I...
但我
No one will forget Jo March.
没人会忘记乔·马奇
I can believe it.
我也觉得
Listen, we are not friends, you are not my friend.
听着 我们不是朋友 你不是我的朋友
And I don't want your opinion because I don't like you very much,
我不需要你的意见 因为我不太喜欢你
so, just don't talk to me anymore, thank you.
所以 别再跟我说话了 谢谢您勒
Josephine, this came for you.
约瑟芬 这是给你的
Thank you.
谢谢您
Beth.
贝丝
Merry Christmas, world.
圣诞快乐 世界
- Merry Christmas! - Merry Christmas!
-圣诞快乐!-圣诞快乐!
- Jo, we've been up for hours. - What have you been writing?
-乔 我们已经起来几个小时了 -你在写什么?
I got carried away with our delicious revenge play last night. Poison.
昨晚我被我们精彩的复仇剧迷住了 像毒药一般
No, no poison, It's Christmas!
别提毒药 今天可是圣诞节
Christmas won't be Christmas without any presents.
没有礼物 圣诞节还算什么圣诞
It's so dreadful being poor.
贫穷太可怕了
How come some girls get to have lots of pretty things
为什么有些女孩子一生享有荣华富贵
and others have nothing at all.
有些却一无所有
At least we have father and mother, and each other.
至少我们还有父母 还有彼此
We haven't got father.
可父亲不在身边
And we won't have him for as long as this war drags on.
战争如果继续 他可能永远也不会回来了
I wish I had heaps of money and plenty of servants
我真希望我有很多钱和仆人
so I never had to work again.
这样我再也不用工作了
You could be a proper actress on the boards.
你可以成为舞台上一个称职的演员
- They aren't all fallen women. - I can't be an actress.
-她们不全是滥交的女人 -我不会成为一个演员
I have lots of wishes, but my favorite one is to be an artist
我有很多愿望 但我最喜欢的是成为一名艺术家
in Paris, and do fine pictures, and to be the best painter in the world.
在巴黎 画些好画 做世界上最好的画家
That's what you want too, isn't it Jo? To be a famous writer?
这不也是你想要的么 乔 成为一个著名的作家
Yes, but it sounds so crass when she says it.
是的 但从她嘴里说出来就好蠢
- Why be ashamed of what you want? - I'm not.
-为什么要为你的梦想感到羞愧呢 -我没有
My wish is to have us all to be together with Father and Mother in this house.
我的愿望是让我们在这房子里和爸爸妈妈永远在一起
- That's what I want. - Beth is perfect.
-这就是我想要的 -贝丝总是完美的
What about your music, Queen Bess?
你的音乐呢 贝丝王后
I only do that for us, I don't need anyone else to hear it.
我只为我们弹 我不需要其他人听
You must not limit yourself.
你不能限制自己
Mother proposed not having any Christmas presents this year
妈妈提议今年不要圣诞礼物
because our men are suffering in the army.
因为男人们都在军队里吃苦
We can't do much, but we can make our little sacrifices and do it gladly.
我们做不了太多 但我们可以做出一些乐意去做的小牺牲
Don't play mother just because she's not home.
别因为妈妈不在家 就学她说话
- Jo, that's so boyish. - That's why I do it.
-乔 你太不淑女了 -所以我才扔枕头
- I detest rude, unladylike-like girls. - I hate affected little chits.
-最讨厌粗俗的丫头了 -我讨厌装腔作势的丫头
My nose! My nose! It's already no good!
我的鼻子 我的鼻子 本来就不好看了
I know you don't care what I think, but you don't want your mother
我知道你不在乎我怎么想 但你们应该不想
to find you like this, do you?
让你们母亲发现你们这样 对吗
Of course, we care what you think, Hannah.
不 我们当然在乎你怎么想 汉娜
You're more family than wicked old Aunt March.
你比坏坏的老马奇婶婶更像一家人
- Don't, Jo. - Where is Marmee?
-别这样 乔 -玛米在哪里
Goodness only knows. Some poor creature came a-beggin',
天知道 有个可怜的家伙来乞讨
your ma set straight off to see what was needed.
你妈妈马上出去看还需要什么
I wish she could help other people at a time convenient to us.
我希望她能在我们不饿肚子的时候帮助别人
- Joanna and I are very hungry. - Dolls don't get hungry, Beth.
-乔安娜和我都很饿 -布娃娃不会饿的 贝丝
I've re-written the climax, and we need to set it to memory.
我重新写了高潮部分 我们需要把它背下来
Amy, you get the costumes.
艾米 你去拿衣服
I have made the most divine crown, and I painted my old shoes blue,
我做了最神圣的王冠 把旧鞋涂成了蓝色
so she looks like a princess.
所以会看起来像个公主
I think the melancholy piece I've figured out is pretty good.
我想我找到的那首忧郁的曲子很不错
Meg, wait until you see this new speech.
梅格 你看看这个新的演讲
I don't see how you can write such splendid things, Jo.
我不明白你怎么能写出这么精彩的东西 乔
- You're a regular Shakespeare. - Not quite.
-你就是个小莎士比亚 -差远了
Miss Michelangelo, can you please rehearse the fainting scene?
米开朗基罗小姐 请你排练一下晕倒的戏好吗
You're as stiff as a poker in that.
你总是表演得像木头一样
I can't help it. I never saw anyone faint before,
我做不到 我从没见过别人晕倒
and I don't intend to make myself all black and blue.
我也不想摔得青青紫紫
If I can fall down easily, I'll try.
如果我摔倒很容易 我会尽力的
And If I cannot, I shall fall gracefully into a chair,
如果我不能 我会优雅地倒在椅子上
and I don't care if Hugo comes at me with a pistol.
我不在乎雨果会不会拿着手枪来找我
- Hannah... - I'm not acting.
-汉娜 -我不演戏
I didn't even say anything!
我都还没说话
I knew what you were going to say and I'm not acting.
我知道你要说什么 我不会演戏
Merry Christmas, girls!
圣诞快乐 姑娘们
Marmee! Merry Christmas!
妈咪!圣诞快乐!
I'm so glad to see you so happy.
很高兴看到你们这么开心
Jo, you look tired - were you up again all night writing?
乔 你看起来很累 又熬夜写作了吗
Of course.
当然
Amy, come kiss me!
艾米 圣诞快乐
Merry Christmas. How are my girls?
圣诞快乐 我的女儿们过得怎么样
- I'm so hungry! - Look at this breakfast!
-我太饿了 -看这早餐
- I could eat a horse. - Don't say that, Jo!
-我可以吃下一匹马 -别那么说 乔
I can't believe this is our Christmas.
我不敢相信这是我们的圣诞节
What?
怎么
What is it?
怎么了
Not far from here lives a poor young woman, Mrs. Hummel.
离这儿不远住着一个可怜的年轻女人 亨梅尔太太
Her five children are in one bed to keep from freezing,
她的五个孩子挤在一个被子里取暖
and there is nothing to eat.
也没什么粮食吃了
My girls, will you give them your breakfast as a Christmas present?
姑娘们 你们能把早餐作为圣诞礼物送给她们吗
Is this where you say that Father would want us to?
你说父亲会希望我们这么做么
Yes.
会的
Thank you.
谢谢您
And thank you, Mr. Laurence, for including me.
谢谢你邀请我 劳伦斯先生
You're welcome.
不客气
Perhaps you could tutor my grandson in manners as well as mathematics.
也许除了数学 你还可以教教我孙子礼仪
Ach, mein Gott! It is good angels come to us!
上帝啊 是天使来帮我们了
I'm back! I have food and blankets and sweaters.
我回来了 带了食物 毯子和毛衣
And we brought some medicine. These are my girls.
还带了些药 这些是我的女儿
Say hello.
打个招呼
He's not well.
他身体不好
Girls, why don't you unpack the food...
姑娘们 快把食物拿出来吧
Would you like some of these?
你要吃点这个么
You want one?
你要吃么
It's good, isn't it?
很适合 不是吗
Is it fairies?
是海螺姑娘准备的么
- Santa Claus. - No, it's old Aunt March.
-我觉得是圣诞老人 -不 是老马奇婶婶
Mr. Laurence sent it.
劳伦斯先生寄来的
The Laurence boy's grandfather?
劳伦斯男孩的祖父
- Yes. - Why?
-是的 -为什么
He saw you giving your Christmas breakfast away
他看到你们把圣诞早餐送人了
and he wanted you to enjoy the day.
于是希望你们能过个愉快的圣诞节
But I thought he was a mean old man.
我还以为他就是一个吝啬的老头
That's so generous of him.
他真慷慨
His grandson Laurie put the idea into his head.
是他的孙子劳里让他这么做的
I know he did. We should make friends with him.
一定是这样的 我们应该和他交个朋友
Boys scare me.
不过我觉得他有点可怕
And that big old house scares me.
他的那栋大古宅也挺吓人的
Jenny Snow says that Mr. Laurence disowned his son
珍妮·斯诺说劳伦斯先生和他儿子断绝了关系
after he went off with an Italian woman,
因为他儿子和一个意大利女人私奔了
and now his grandson is an orphan, and he spends all of his time in that house
现在他孙子无父无母 整天都关在那栋房子
locked up with his tutor.
跟着他的家教上课
He's a very kind man who lost his little girl when she was only a child,
他心地非常好 但女儿不幸早夭
and now his son as well.
现在也失去了儿子
His daughter died? That's so sad.
他的女儿去世了 太可怜了
But doesn't Laurie just seem so romantic? He's half Italian.
但劳里看起来好浪漫啊 他是意大利混血
What do you know? You've barely ever spoken to him.
你懂什么 你几乎没跟他说过话
I am not responsible for this feast, but I have got a surprise.
盛宴的惊喜我没参与 但我另有一个惊喜
Is he coming home, our Father?
他要回家吗 我们的父亲
Don't I wish I could go...
我真希望我也能上前线帮忙
Poor Jo - we can't give up our only brother.
乔 -我们可不能失去我们唯一的兄弟
It must be very disagreeable to sleep in a tent.
睡在帐篷里一定很不舒服
Jo sits in the back, so we can't see her cry.
乔坐在后面 所以我们看不见她哭
- So what if I do? - When will he be coming home?
-你还让我怎样 -他什么时候回家
He'll stay and work faithfully as long as he can,
他会留下来尽职工作
and we won't ask for him to come back a minute sooner than he can be spared.
我们也不会要求他尽快回来 当一个逃兵吧
"Give them all my dear love and a kiss. Tell them I think of them by day,
“给她们献上我所有的爱和亲吻 告诉她们我天天想念她们
pray for them by night,
夜夜为她们祈祷
and find my best comfort in their affection at all times.
她们的爱每时每刻都给我鼓舞
A year seems a very long time to wait before I see them,
还要再等漫长的一年才能见到她们
but remind them that while we wait we may all work,
但是请告诉她们 我们可以在等待中工作
so these hard days need not be wasted.
不要虚度光阴
I know they will be loving children to you,
我相信她们会做听话的孩子
do their duty faithfully, fight their enemies bravely,
踏实做事 勇敢地生活
and conquer themselves so beautifully...
勇敢地战斗
'The Witch's Curse' - a play by Jo March.
《女巫的诅咒》 —乔·马奇所著戏剧
Maketh sweet and swift and strong...
使魔药甜美 药效迅速 力量强大
...and when I come back to them I may be
待我重返家园时
fonder and prouder than ever of my little women."
我会更爱四个小妇人 并为她们感到自豪
Brava!
鲜发
Excuse me.
你好
Excuse me. Your stop, ma'am.
你好 到站了 女士
Thank you.
谢谢您
She's gone? Why?
她走了 为什么
I don't know. She just left.
我不知道 她刚离开
But she didn't say if she was coming back?
她没说她会不会回来
We didn't have a heart to heart, Professor.
教授 我并不知道她心里怎么想的
Why are you just sitting there? Please go, go! Dust something.
你为什么坐着不动 去工作 做点事儿
And what about the girls? She was the best teacher they ever had.
谁关心下那些女孩呢 她可是她们最好的老师
I know.
她当然是
It is so hard to go back to work after such good times.
过节之后再回去工作真是太难了
I wish it was Christmas every day.
我希望每天都是圣诞节
Or New Year's, wouldn't that be exciting?
或者新年 那不是很刺激吗
We are a bunch of ungrateful minxes.
我们就是一群忘恩负义的混蛋
Don't say such despicable thing!
别说这种粗俗的话
I like good strong words that mean something.
我就喜欢有意思的粗话
I have to go back to school and I don't have any limes.
我得回学校了 但我没有一丁点腌酸橙了
All the girls were trading pickled limes, and I'm in debt.
所有的女孩都在买腌酸橙 但我欠了债
I owe every so many limes.
我已经欠了好多个腌酸橙了
- Will this do? - What did you do that for?
-这些钱够吗 -你为什么要宠她
Meg, thank you!
梅格 太谢谢了
I know what it is to want little things and feel less than other girls.
我知道喜欢的小东西比其他女孩少的感觉不好
Between that and the drawings that would wipe out my debt.
其实画也可以抹去债务的
- What drawings? - Nothing.
-什么画 -没啥
I'm just glad that mother doesn't make me go to school with all those girls...
我很高兴妈妈没有让我和那些女孩一起上学
Hurry! I'll be late!
快点 我要迟到了
Beth, after your shopping, I need you to work your way through
贝丝 等你买完东西 你要做完那些
the new sums and spelling and I'll check it all when I get home.
新的数学作业 回家后我会检查所有的
- Fine. - Bye.
-好的 -再见
- Josephine. - Yes?
-约瑟芬 -我在
- Josephine. - Yes, here.
-约瑟芬 -在这儿 来了
Is there a reason you stopped reading Belsham?
你为什么没在读书
I'm sorry, I'll continue.
对不起 我现在就继续
You mind yourself, dearie, some day you'll need me
亲爱的 你可长点心吧 总有一天当你需要我的时候
and you'll wish you had behaved better.
你就会后悔自己当时怎么没再表现的好一点
Thank you, Aunt March, for your employment and your many kindnesses,
马奇阿姨 感谢你给我工作和各种厚爱
but I intend to make my own way in the world.
不过我打算走出自己的路
No one makes their own way, not really,
其实没有人能走出自己的路
least of all a woman. You'll need to marry well.
更何况是女人 你需要嫁一个好人家
But you are not married, Aunt March.
但你就没结婚啊 马奇婶婶
That's because I'm rich.
那是因为老娘有钱
And I made sure to keep all of my money,
我把所有的钱都守住了
unlike your Father.
不像你父亲
So, the only way to be an unmarried woman is to be rich?
所以 女人不结婚的唯一方法就是发财
Yes.
But there are precious few ways for women to make money.
但女性赚钱的方法却很少
That's not true.
那不是真的
You could run a cat house, or go on the stage.
你可以经营青楼 也可以上台表演
Practically the same thing.
不过基本都差不多
Other than that, you're right, precious few ways for women.
除此这些工作外 你是对的 对女人来说很少有办法赚钱
That's why you should heed me.
所以你应该听我的
So I can get married?
所以我就得嫁个好人家
No, so you can live a better life than your poor mother has.
这样你才能过上比你可怜的母亲更好的生活
Marmee loves her life.
玛米热爱她现在的生活
You don't know what she loves.
你并不知道她真正爱什么
Your father cared more about educating freedmen's children
你父亲更关心流浪儿童
than he did about caring for his own family.
比他关心自己的家人还要多
Yes, but he was right.
是的 但他是对的
It's possible to be right and foolish.
对的 也是蠢的
Well, I don't think so.
我不这么认为
Well, you're not paid to think.
没人会为你认为的付钱
I know you don't care much about marriage now.
我知道你现在不想婚姻
I can't say I blame you.
我也不是不理解
But I intend to go to Europe one more time, and I need a companion.
但我打算再去一次欧洲 我需要一个同伴
How would you like to be the person I take?
你想成为我带的那个人吗
I'd like that more than anything.
非常乐意
All right, then read.
好吧 那就继续读书吧
And don't sneak around. I don't like sneaks.
别鬼鬼祟祟的 我不喜欢鬼鬼祟祟的人
President Lincoln.
画林肯总统
No! Father is fighting for him.
不 父亲正在为他战斗
My father says the war is a waste,
我父亲说打仗完全是浪费
and we should just let them keep their labor.
奴隶制不应该被废除
Susan, it is immoral.
苏珊 这是不道德的
Everyone benefited from the system, including you Marches.
每个人都是既得利益者 包括你家
Why should only the south be punished?
为什么只有南方受到惩罚
- We should all be punished. - The Marches love a cause.
-我们都应该受到惩罚 -马奇总是有借口
Fine, just do Mr. Davis.
好吧 那就画戴维斯先生
I don't know if I should.
我不知道能不能
I'll wipe your debt and give you five more limes besides.
欠的债一笔勾销 还再给你五个腌酸橙
Miss March.
马奇小姐
Sit down.
坐下来
Sit down, Laurie.
坐下 劳里
Latin is a privilege. Please, you have to learn this.
会拉丁语是一种优势 拜托 你必须学会这个
I can't afford to lose this position. Just return to the Cicero.
我不能失去这个职位 然后回到西塞罗
There's a girl out there.
外面有个女孩
- No, there is not. - Yes, Mr. Brooke, there is a girl!
-不 没有 -是的 布鲁克先生 有个女孩
No, there is not.
不 没有
- Oh, there is a girl! - That's a girl.
-哦 有个女孩 -就那个女孩
Hello there! Are you hurt?
你好 你受伤了吗
I'm Amy.
我是艾米
Hello Amy, I'm Laurie.
你好 艾米 我是劳里
I know, you brought my sister back after the dance.
我知道 舞会后你把我姐姐带回来了
I would've never sprained my ankle, I have lovely small feet.
但我不会扭伤脚踝的 我有一双可爱的小脚
The best in the family. But I can never go home again,
家里最可爱的 但我再也不能回家了
because I'm in such trouble.
因为我有麻烦了
Look.
Mr. Davis hit me.
戴维斯先生打了我
Tell the servants I want this painting purchased for me! Immediately!
告诉仆人我要买这幅画 马上
Amy, are you in here?
艾米 你在这里吗
Meg! My hand. Look.
梅格 我的手 看
- Jo. - What richness!
-乔 -多华丽啊
It hurts so much.
太疼了
Theodore Lawrence you ought to be the happiest boy in the world!
劳伦斯 你应该是这世界上最幸福的男孩
A fellow can't live on books alone.
一个人不能光靠书活着
I could. Would did you do?
我可以 你又闯了什么祸
Nothing. I did nothing. I did a drawing and then Mr. Davis hit me.
没有 我什么也没做 我画了一幅画 然后戴维斯先生就打了我
Christopher Columbus, look at that.
是哥伦布 看这个
That's my grandfather. Are you scared of him?
那是我祖父 你会怕他吗
No, I'm not scared of anyone!
不 我不怕任何人
He looks stern, but my grandfather was much more handsome.
他看起来很严厉 但我祖父长得帅多了
Jo! We do not compare grandfathers.
乔 比祖父可没意思
You think he's more handsome, hey?
你觉得他更帅 嗯?
No, actually, you are very handsome. I didn't mean
不 事实上 你很帅 我不是
I knew your mother's father. You've got his spirit.
我认识你祖父 你有他的精气神
Oh, well... Thank you, sir.
哦 好吧 谢谢你 先生
You are not to attend that school anymore.
你不能再去那所学校了
Good, that man has always been an idiot.
很好 那个人一直都是个白痴
- Jo will teach you. - Me? I already teach Beth!
-乔会辅导你的 -我?我已经在教贝丝了
You're a good teacher.
你是个好老师
Yes, women being taught at home is much more proper, I believe.
是的 我相信在家里教女人更合适
Only because the schools for women are so poor.
只是因为女子学校条件太差了
Indeed, quite right.
的确 非常正确
I wish all the girls would leave his horrible school and that he would die.
我希望所有的女孩都离开他那可怕的学校 然后他就会死
Amy, you did wrong, and there will be consequences.
艾米 你做错了 自然该受惩罚
I didn't! I didn't even do anything! I just did a drawing!
我没有 我什么都没做 我就画了一幅画
Thank you so much for taking care of our Amy.
非常感谢你照顾我们的艾米
Yes, of course.
理所应当
My girls have a way of getting into mischief.
我的女儿们总有办法搞恶作剧
So do I.
我也是
Then, you'll run over and we'll take care of you.
那你回不了家的时候 我们也会照顾你的
Please, and come over whenever you'd like. Invite you sister Beth as well.
你想什么时候来都行 也可以叫上贝丝
Yes! Beth would adore the piano!
对 贝丝会喜欢钢琴的
Is she the quiet one?
她就是那位安静内向的姑娘吗
- Yes. - That's our Beth.
-是的 -就是贝丝
Tell the little girl to use our piano.
告诉小女孩过来试试我们的钢琴
And Jo, borrow whatever book you'd like.
乔 你想借什么书就借什么
- Can I come look at the paintings? - Yes.
-我能来看看这些画吗 -当然
There is also a lovely greenhouse.
后面还有一个美丽的花园
We must go, girls.
我们得走了 姑娘们
I'm going to take this.
我要拿这个
I'm gonna take this one, if that's okay.
如果可以的话 我想要这个
I'll bring it back soon, I promise.
我保证很快会把它还回来的
- Thank you for my hand! - Thank you, bye.
-谢谢你帮我的忙 -谢谢 再见
Oh, Miss Meg! You forgot your glove!
哦 梅格小姐 你忘了手套了
Back to work. Back to work.
回去工作 回去工作
Order! Order!
肃静!肃静!
Order!
肃静!
A new play, written by Miss Jo March, will appear at the Barnville Theatre,
一部由乔·马奇小姐写的新剧将在巴恩维尔剧院上演
in the course of the next few weeks, that will surpass
在接下来的几周里 其热度将超过
anything ever seen before on the American stage.
在美国舞台上演过的任何东西
Starring the greatest actress from here to the Mississippi River, Miss Meg March.
梅格·马奇小姐主演了《从这里到密西西比河》中最伟大的女演员
Weekly report: Meg - good, Jo - bad,
本周评价:梅格-好 乔-坏
Beth - very good, and Amy - sort of middling.
贝丝-很好 艾米-中等
Mr. President and gentlemen,
各位先生们
I wish to propose the admission of a new member.
我提议接纳一名新成员
One, who would be deeply deeply grateful,
一个十分渴望加入
and would add immensely to the spirit of the club.
也能极大地增强俱乐部的精神的人
I propose
我提议
Mr. Theodore Laurence!
西奥多·劳伦斯先生
- Absolutely not! - No!
-绝对不行 -不
What? Come now, let's have him.
什么 来嘛 我们让他也加入
He's a real boy!
他是个真正的男孩
We don't want any boys. This is a club for ladies.
我们不想要男孩 这是一个女士戏剧俱乐部
I think we should to do it, even if we are afraid.
我认为我们应该这样做 即使我们害怕
I say yes. It's Laurie!
我觉得可以 他可是劳里
- No! - It will change everything!
-不行 -它会改变一切的
All right. I call a vote.
好吧 投票表决
- Put your hands up. Aye! Aye! - Don't put your hand up!
-举手来表决 同意 同意 -别举手!
Put your hand up. It's Laurie.
举起手来 是劳里诶
Fine! Aye!
好啦 同意
And, as there is no time like present.
打铁要趁热
Ladies, please - this is my stratagem, I deserve the blame:
女士们 这是我的计谋 怪我好了
Jo only gave into it after lots of teasing. Yes.
乔嘲讽了我一番后才答应的
I merely wish to say, as a slight token of my gratitude
我只想说一句 为表谢意
and as a means of promoting friendly relations between adjoining nations,
作为促进邻里间友好关系的一种手段
And thus I propose this set of keys for a little post office
我做了这套钥匙和配套的小邮箱
I've made in the forest by the pond. Yes.
我把它放在池塘边的树林里
Four keys, for you darling.
四把钥匙 给你亲爱的
...and for you.
这是你的
Thank you. Thank you very much.
谢谢您 非常感谢
And this is for me. Without further ado
这是给我的 不再浪费时间
Thank you for your favor, I will take my seat as a part of the club.
谢谢各位慷慨 我现在将作为俱乐部的一员入座
Hello!
嗨喽
Daisy and Demi!
黛西和黛米!
You've gotten so big!
你们长这么高了
I wish you were here to teach them...
我希望你能来教教她们...
I know. I'm here now.
我知道 所以我来了
So good to have you home.
很高兴你能回家
I think the loneliness got to Beth, though she ain't said anything.
我想贝丝只是太寂寞了 但她绝口不提
Where is Beth?
贝丝在哪里
She's upstairs. Oh, my Jo.
她在楼上 哦 我亲爱的乔
We all thought she was better, but the fever had weakened her heart.
我们都以为她在痊愈 但高烧让她的心脏受损了
Take this and find her the best doctor you can.
给你钱 给她找最好的医生
No, you need this money to live in New York.
不行 你在纽约生活也需要钱
I'm not going back.
我不回去了
I'm using the rest to take her to the sea and get her strong.
剩下的钱我会带她去海边玩 强健身体
When's Amy coming home?
艾米什么时候回家
We didn't want to worry her.
我们不想让她担心
Does she not know?
她不知道吗
Beth insisted we not tell her because she didn't want to ruin Amy's trip.
贝丝坚持不让告诉她 因为她不想毁了艾米的旅行
Amy has always had a talent for getting out of the hard parts of life.
艾米总有办法躲过家庭的困难
Jo, don't be angry with your sister.
乔 别生你妹妹的气
Jo! Jo, where are you?
乔 乔 你在哪儿
- I can't find my other glove. - Take mine.
-我找不到我的另一只手套 -拿我的
Jo we're going to be late!
乔 我们要迟到了
- Where are you going? - You're not invited.
-你们要去哪儿 -没邀请你
You are going somewhere with Laurie, I know it!
你要和劳里去什么地方 我猜到了
Yes, we are, now stop bothering.
是的 我们是 现在别烦了
- Do you have the tickets? - Yes! Hurry up!
-你拿票了吗 -拿了 快点
You're going to the theatre with Laurie.
你们要和劳里去看戏
Meg, please, can I come?
梅格 求你了 我能去吗
I'm sorry, dear, but you weren't invited.
对不起 亲爱的 你没被邀请
You can't go Amy, so don't be a baby and whine about it.
你不能去 艾米 别像个宝宝一样哼哼了
I've been shut up in here and I never get to go anywhere.
我被关在这里 哪儿也去不了
Beth has her piano, and I'm so lonely!
贝丝都有她的钢琴 我好孤单啊
I can teach you chords.
我可以教你学和弦
I don't want chords, Beth I want to go--
我不想学和弦 贝丝 我想去--
No. I think you'd hate to poke yourself in where you're not wanted.
不 我想你应该不想杵在不需要你的地方
We already have to deal with dull Mr. Brooke.
我们已经得对付沉闷的布鲁克先生了
I like him, he's kind.
我喜欢他 他很善良
- I can pay for myself. - You will not come!
-我可以自己买票 -你不能来
I'm sorry, my sweet, but Jo is right. Next time.
抱歉 亲爱的 乔说得对 下次再说吧
Come, Meg, stop petting her.
走吧 梅格 别再哄她了
Please! Please!
求你们了 求你们了
You'll be sorry for this Jo March! You will! You'll regret this!
你会后悔的 乔·马奇 你一定会 你会后悔不带我的
Stop looking at me like that!
别那样看着我
Ao Jo!
嗷 乔
Meg, you're a million times better than she was.
梅格 你比她好一百万倍
Although she was a terrific fainter.
尽管她看起来像林黛玉
I wonder how she managed to turn so white as she did.
我真想知道她怎么能化妆化的那么白
That Mr. Brooke, could he be any more obsequious?
那个布鲁克先生 他还能更谄媚点吗
I thought he was very well-mannered.
我觉得他很有礼貌
Hold on, let me just get this idea down.
稍等 我先把这个灵感写下来
Beth, what's your favorite eye color?
贝丝 你最喜欢什么颜色的眼睛
Purple.
紫色
Mr. Brooke has blue eyes and an old soul,
布鲁克先生有一双蓝色眼睛 性格成熟
which is much more important than money.
这一点比金钱重要得多
Has anyone taken my novel?
有人把我的小说拿走了吗
- No. - No, why?
-没 -没有 怎么了
Amy, you've got it.
艾米 是你拿走的
No, I haven't.
不 我没有
- That's a lie. - No, it isn't.
-你撒谎 -我没有
I haven't got it, I don't know where it is and I don't care.
我没拿 我不知道在哪儿 我也不在乎
Tell me or I'll make you!
快告诉我不然我跟你没完
I burnt your book!
我把你的书烧了
I told you I'll make you pay, and I did!
我说过我会让你付出代价的 我做到了
Jo! Jo!
乔 乔
I'm sorry, Jo.
对不起 乔
Amy.
艾米
It's just that the only thing you care about is your writing.
因为你关心的只有你写的东西
And it's not as if I could've hurt you by ruining one of your dresses.
就算我毁了你一件衣服也不会让你难过
And I really did want to hurt you.
我当时真的很想让你受伤
I am the most sorry for it now. I'm so sorry.
我现在真的很后悔 我很抱歉
Jo.
Don't let the sun go down on your anger.
别被怒火冲昏了头脑
Forgive her. Help each other.
原谅她吧 互相体谅
And you begin again tomorrow.
明天你可以重新开始
She doesn't deserve my forgiveness.
她不值得我原谅
And I will hate her! I will hate her forever!
我会恨她 恨她一辈子
Good morning ladies! Brisk and brilliant outside today,
女士们早上好 今天外面的太阳可真暖和
last day at the river - get your ice skates!
最后一天能去溜冰了 -拿上你的溜冰鞋
Jo, you promised me I could come last time, Jo!
乔 你上次答应过我可以去的
Is she going to be like this forever?
她会一直这样对我吗
It was a very hard loss for her.
这对她来说是重大的损失
Is there nothing I can do?
我就没什么能补偿的吗
Go after her.
去追上她
Don't say anything till Jo has got good-natured with Laurie,
在乔和劳里玩得开心之前不要说话
and then just say some kind thing, I'm sure she'll be friends again.
然后只要说点好话 我相信她会和你和好的
Jo! Wait! I'm coming!
乔 等等 我来了
You said I could come last time.
你上次说我可以来
Jo! Wait! Wait! I'm coming!
乔 等等 我来了
Wait! Jo!
等等 乔
Stay near the edge, it's not safe in the middle.
靠着岸边 中间不安全
Got it.
知道了
Jo!
Jo, I'm coming!
乔 我来了
Jo!
Jo, let's go.
乔 我们走吧
Jo, wait!
乔 等等
Jo!
Are you all right?
你还好吗
Yes.
还好
Help! Help me!
救命啊 救救我
Amy! It's Amy!
艾米 是艾米
Jo!
Jo!
Jo, get a branch! Get a branch!
乔 找根树枝 去找根树枝
Amy! Amy!
艾米 艾米
Please help me!
救救我
Jo, help me pull.
乔 帮我拉着
Amy, grab the branch! Grab it, Amy!
艾米 抓住树枝 抓住它
I'm so sorry! Oh, my sister! Oh, my sister!
对不起 我的妹妹
She's asleep.
她睡着了
If she had died it would've been my fault.
如果她死了 就是我造成的
She'll be fine.
她会没事的
The doctor said he didn't even think she'd catch cold.
医生说这点凉甚至连感冒都算不上
What is wrong with me?
我到底怎么了
I've made so many resolutions, and written sad notes, and I've cried over my sins,
我下了那么多决心 写了那些悔过的文字 我为我的过错而哭泣
but it just doesn't seem to help.
但似乎没什么用
When I get in a passion I get so savage,
当我头脑发热时
I could hurt anyone and I'd enjoy it.
我会野蛮到伤害别人 并享乐其中
You remind me of myself.
你让我想起了自己
But you're never angry.
但你从没发过火
I'm angry nearly every day of my life.
我这辈子几乎没有一天是不生气的
You are?
真的吗
I'm not patient by nature, but with nearly 40 years of effort
我的耐心不是天生的 但在经过近40年的努力
I'm learning to not let it get the better of me.
我在试着不让怒火战胜我
I'll do the same, then.
那我就学你
I hope you'll do a great deal better than me.
我希望你能比我更出色
There are some natures too noble to curb, and too lofty to bend.
人不应该抑制自己崇高的天性
Jo.
Oh, Beth! My love!
贝丝 我的宝贝
You didn't need to come.
你不用来陪着我
I never should've left. Do you need anything?
我不该离开才对 你想来点什么吗
Take some water.
喝点水
It's so good to see your face.
能看到你真好
We're going to the sea to get you strong and well.
我们去海边玩吧 这能让你好起来
The sea?
海边
I want you dancing by the time Amy gets back.
我想让你在艾米回来之前就能跳舞
She's not cutting her trip short, is she?
她不会提前回来吧 是吗
- No. No. - Good.
-不 不会的 -那就好
Is there any news? What does she say?
有什么消息吗 她说什么了
She writes that Laurie is there.
她写信说劳里也在那边
I'm glad he's with her.
我很高兴他和她在一起
He won't respond to any of my letters.
他不会回复我的任何一封信
Do you miss him?
你想他吗
I miss everything.
我想念那时的一切
I know.
我知道
Hurry up, you two. Meg is going to be gone for a week.
快点 你们两个 梅格要离开一个星期
We're coming.
我们这就来了
You take the other carriage, Laurie, and spy on Meg,
你坐那辆马车里 劳里 看着梅格
make sure she doesn't fall in love.
确保她不会被人骗走了
I will.
我会的
It was so nice of Annie to invite me to her debutante ball.
安妮邀请我参加她的成人礼 真是太好了
Thank you for letting me go, Marmee.
谢谢你允许我去 玛米
Just be who you are,
做你自己就好
And wear this to the ball, it was mine when I was your age.
戴着这个去舞会 这是我像你这么大的时候戴的
I've never understood saving jewelry until marriage.
我不懂为何要等女儿出嫁才能送首饰
You should have something that's just yours.
你应该拥有一件只属于你的珠宝
Pretty things should be enjoyed.
美丽的东西应该得到欣赏
Yes, pretty things should be enjoyed.
是的 美丽理应被欣赏
I wish I could go to the debutante ball.
我真希望我也能去参加舞会
Do you think this is a good idea, her going away like this?
你觉得让她就这样去参加舞会是个好主意吗
Girls have to go into the world and make up their own minds about things.
女孩就是得见见世面 学会自己做主
Don't forget about us.
别忘了我们
I won't Jo, it's only a week.
不会的 乔 我只离开一个星期
- It's beautiful. - It's not yours.
-这太漂亮了 -它不是你的
It would look very good on me.
我戴着会很好看
She needs to have some decent shoes.
她需要双像样的鞋
Thank you for the carriage, Mr. Laurence. I don't know how to repay you.
谢谢你的马车 劳伦斯先生 我都不知道该怎么感谢您
Nonsense. Nonsense.
别这么见外
Although there is one thing.
还有一件事
It occurred to me today that my daughter's piano suffers from want of use.
今天我突然想起来我女儿的钢琴很少使用
Any of your girls like to run over, and practice on it now and then,
你的这些女孩们想时不时过来练习钢琴吗
just to keep it in tune?
这样就能保持它的音准了
If they don't care to come, then never mind.
如果她们不想来 那就算了
Oh, sir, they do care, very very much.
先生 她们真的非常 非常想去
You are the musical girl?
你是个那个喜欢音乐的女孩吗
I love it dearly,
非常喜欢
and I'll come, if you are quite sure nobody will hear me, and be disturbed.
如果您确定不会被打扰的话 我会来的
Not a soul, my dear.
当然不会 亲爱的
- I'll miss you. - Bye.
-我会想你的 -拜拜
Bye.
拜拜
Enjoy the ball.
玩得开心点
I'll be back soon.
我很快就会回来
Don't go and get married, Meg!
别去了就又谈恋爱了 梅格
Don't go falling in love!
别被人骗感情
- Unless right now. - I love you.
-除了我之外 -我爱你
Right this second.
就这一秒
Thank you.
谢谢您
I'd be so excited about tonight.
今晚我会很兴奋的
Now what dress will you wear tonight, Meg?
今晚你穿什么裙子 梅格
- I will wear this one. - That one?
-我要穿这条 -那条
Can't you send home for another?
你就不能换一条吗
I haven't got another.
我没有别的了
Only the one? Oh, that's so funny.
只有一条 真好笑
Not at all.
哪里好笑
There's no need in sending home, Daisy.
不用换裙子 黛西
I'm going to call you Daisy now.
我现在想叫你黛西
I've got a sweet pink dress laid away,
我有一条多余的蜜粉色的裙子
and you'll wear it to please me, won't you, Daisy?
如果你能穿着它我会很高兴的 黛西
If it's all right.
如果不麻烦的话
Of course!
当然不麻烦
Everyone's in love with you, Daisy.
每个人都会爱上你 黛西
You have to keep my dress.
你可以把我的裙子带走
I can't keep your dress.
我不能带走你的裙子
You have to, please.
带走吧 没事的
Have fun, little Daisy.
玩得开心点 小黛西
Laurie.
劳里
I didn't know you were going to come.
我都不知道你会来
It was supposed to be a surprise.
这应该是个惊喜
And what a lovely surprise it is.
真是个甜蜜的惊喜
Why are they calling you "Daisy"?
他们为什么叫你“黛西”
It's their pet name for me.
那是她们对我的昵称
Meg is a perfectly good name.
梅格是个很好的名字
It's just like playing a part, to be Daisy for a little while.
这就像角色扮演 我当一段时间的黛西
What would Jo say?
乔会怎么想
You wouldn't actually marry one of these men, would you?
你不会真的嫁给这些男人其中之一吧
I might.
也许会
You'll get a terrible headache tomorrow.
喝这个 明天你会头痛得厉害
Do you like how I look?
你喜欢我今天的打扮吗
No, I don't.
不喜欢
Why not.
为什么
I don't like fuss and feathers.
我不喜欢花哨俗丽
You are the rudest boy I ever saw!
你是我见过的最无礼的男生
Please forgive me and come dance.
请原谅我 来跳舞吧
I'm afraid it would be too disagreeable for you.
我这种俗人不适合和你跳舞
I don't like your dress,
我不喜欢你的裙子
but I think you are just splendid.
但不意味着你不漂亮
Really?
真的吗
Really.
真的
I know it's silly, but please don't tell Jo.
我知道穿着它很傻 但请别告诉乔
Let me have my fun tonight.
今晚就让我开心点
I'll be desperately good for the rest of my life.
我今后会过安分日子的
I'm sorry, John.
对不起 约翰
The silk was the first real expense.
那匹丝绸确实很贵
Fifty dollars, while a lot, is not, I suppose, too much for a dress,
50美元虽然是很多 但是我想 对于一条裙子来说不算太贵
with all the notions that are needed to finish it these days.
毕竟它对于女生来说意义重大
It's not exactly even a dress yet...
这还不只是裙子的价格
It's just the fabric.
只是布料的价钱
I see.
这样啊
I know you are angry, John.
我知道你很生气 约翰
I don't mean to waste your money, but I can't resist
我不是故意浪费你的钱的 但我真的没办法
when I see Sallie buying all she wants, and pitying me because I don't.
莎莉买了她想要的一切后 就因为我没买可怜我
I try to be contented, but it is hard.
我努力想让自己学会满足 但实在太难了
I'm tired of being poor.
我已经受够了贫穷
I was afraid of this.
我就害怕你这么讲
I do my best, Meg.
我尽力了 梅格
Oh, John, my dear, kind, hardworking boy.
约翰 亲爱的 你是个善良勤奋的人
It was so ungrateful and wicked.
我太忘恩负义了
How could I say it!
我怎么能这么说
Perhaps you meant it.
也许你说的没错
No! I didn't!
不 我不是
We'll work out a way to get you your coat as well,
我们能想法给你也买到外套的
and then won't we be grand, the two of us?
然后都会好起来的 我们两个
I can't afford it, my dear.
我买不起 亲爱的
John...
约翰
I need to go to bed.
我要去睡觉了
John...
约翰
And I really am very sorry that you've had to do
我很抱歉 让你过着这样的生活
without so many beautiful things.
没法给你想要的东西
And that you're married to someone who can't give them to you.
你嫁给了一个给不了你那些东西的人
Hello Amy!
你好 艾米
I don't want to see you.
我不想见到你
Amy, don't be mad.
艾米 别生气
I'm sorry for how I behaved.
我为我的行为感到抱歉
Have you been drinking again?
你又喝酒了吗
Why are you being so hard on me? It's 4 p.m.
干嘛对我这么严厉 都下午4点了
Someone has to do it.
总得有人管管你
When do you begin your great work of art, Raphaella?
拉斐尔 你什么时候开始画你的大作
拉斐尔 意大利文艺复兴时期著名画家
Never.
永远不会
Never? What? Why?
永远不会 为什么
I'm a failure.
我失败了
Jo is in New York, being a writer, and I am a failure.
乔在纽约 成了作家 而我是个失败的人
That's quite a statement to make at 20.
你才20岁就这么想了
Rome took all the vanity out of me.
罗马磨光了我所有的虚荣心
And Paris made me realize I'd never be a genius.
然后巴黎让我意识到我永远都不能成为天才
So, I'm giving up all my foolish artistic hopes.
所以 我放弃了我所有的愚蠢的艺术野心
Why should you give up, Amy? You have so much talent--
你为什么要放弃 艾米 你这么有才华
Talent isn't genius!
才华不能让我成为天才
And no amount of energy can make it so.
付出再多汗水我也成不了天才
I want to be great, or nothing.
我要么名声大噪 要么默默无闻
I will not be a some common-place dauber, and I don't intend to try anymore.
我不想只做一个平庸的画家 而且我也不想努力了
What women are allowed into the club of geniuses anyway?
什么样的女人才能算是天才
勃朗特三姐妹: 三位英国著名文学女作家
The Brontes?
勃朗特三姐妹吧
- That's it? - Yes, I think so.
-就她们 -我觉得是的
And who always declares genius?
那么谁有权力定义天才
Men, I suppose.
我想是那些男人
They're cutting down the competition.
那他们在圈地自嗨
That's a very complicated argument to make me feel better.
这真是个有趣的讨论
Do you though? Do you feel better?
是吗 你好点了吗
I do think male or female, I am of middling talent.
我真的认为无论我是男性还是女性 我只是中等水平
Middling talent?
中等水平
Then, may I ask your last portrait be of me?
那么 我可以请你最后画一张我的肖像吗
All right.
行吧
Now that you've given up all your foolish artistic hopes,
既然你已经放弃了所有愚蠢的艺术野心
what are you going to do with your life?
你以后打算怎么过一辈子
Polish up my other talents and become an ornament to society.
施展其他才艺 成为社交花瓶
That's where Fred Vaughn comes in, I suppose.
就是要靠弗雷德·沃恩了喽
- Don't make fun! - I only said his name.
-别开玩笑 -我只是说了他的名字
You are not engaged, I hope?
你还没订婚吧
No.
没呢
But you will be, if he goes down properly on one knee?
但你会订婚的 如果他对你单膝跪地的话
Most likely, yes.
应该是的
He is rich, richer than you, even.
他很有钱 甚至比你还有钱
I understand queens of society can't get on without money.
我明白作为社交女王没有钱是没法生活的
Although it does sound odd from the mouth of one of your mother's girls.
虽然这句话从你母亲的女儿口中说出来会很奇怪
I've always known I would marry rich.
我一直都知道我会嫁入豪门
Why should I be ashamed of that?
我为何要以此为耻
There is nothing to be ashamed of, as long as you love him.
只要你爱他 就没什么不好的
I believe we have some power over who we love,
我相信有一股神奇的力量牵引我们找到所爱之人
it isn't something that just happens to a person.
这不是偶然
I think the poets might disagree.
我觉得某些诗人不会同意
I'm not a poet, I'm just a woman.
可是我不是诗人 我只是个女人
And as a woman there is no way for me to make my own money,
作为一个女人 我没法靠自己赚钱
not enough to earn a living
至少没法养活自己
or to support my family.
或者支撑我的家庭
And if I had my own money, which I don't,
就算与事实相反 我挣到钱了
that money would belong to my husband the moment we got married.
那笔钱在我们结婚的那一刻就会属于我丈夫了
And if we had children they would be his, not mine.
如果我们生了孩子 他们也将属于他 而非我
They would be his property.
孩子会是他的财产
So, don't sit there and tell me that marriage
所以 别坐着说话不腰疼了
isn't an economic proposition, because it is.
婚姻实际上就是个经济问题
It may not be for you but it most certainly is for me.
对你来说也许不是 但对我来说肯定是的
That's Fred, can you unbutton me please?
弗雷德来了 你能帮我把扣子解开吗
Thank you.
谢谢
How do I look? Do I look all right?
我穿这个怎么样 我看起来好看吗
You look beautiful.
很漂亮
You are beautiful.
你本来就很美
Fred! I've missed you.
弗雷德 我想你了
This is Fred Vaughn, and his sister Kate,
这是弗雷德·沃恩和他的妹妹凯特
of course you know Mr. Brooke.
你们已经认识布鲁克先生了
This is Meg, Amy, Beth, and Jo.
这是梅格、艾米、贝丝和乔
So pleased to meet you.
很高兴见到你们
Oh, how elegant.
他好优雅啊
I'm Amy March. You remember that name.
我是艾米·马奇 记住我的名字
I'm going to come find you one day in London.
总有一天我会来伦敦找你的
Oh, I certainly will!
我肯定会记住的
I know something you don't know.
我知道一些你不知道的事情
Tell me this second!
快点告诉我
Has Meg perhaps mislaid a glove?
梅格是不是一只手套不见了
- Mr. Brooke has it? - Yes.
-布鲁克先生拿着吗 -是的
How do you know?
你怎么知道的
- I saw it. - Where?
-我看到了 -在哪
His pocket.
在他口袋里
- All this time? - Yes, isn't it romantic?
-一直放在里面吗 -是的 是不是很浪漫
- No, it's horrid. - I thought you'd be pleased.
-不 太恐怖了 -我以为你会高兴的
At the idea of anybody coming to take Meg away? No, thank you.
让别人把梅格娶走 我可不同意
You'll feel better about it when somebody comes to take you away.
有人来把你娶走的时候 你就不这么想了
I'd like to see anyone try it.
我倒想看看谁敢
I would like to see someone try it as well.
我也想看看 谁敢来
"We could never have loved the earth so well
要是我们没在这一片大地上度过我们的童年
出自乔治·艾略特《弗洛斯河上的磨坊》
if we had had no childhood in it,
那我们决不会像现在这样热爱大地
if it were not the earth where the same flowers come up again every spring
这片大地每年春天都长出一样的小花
that we used to gather with our tiny fingers.
我们就这样坐在草地上 用小手把它们摘下来
What novelty is worth that sweet monotony
什么都是熟悉的 也正是因为熟悉的缘故
where everything is known and loved because it is known?"
我们才爱上了它 还有什么新奇能比过这种可爱的单调呢
How great is that?
多么优美的文字啊
I love to listen to you read, Jo,
我喜欢听你读书 乔
but I just love it even better when you read the stories you've written.
但我更喜欢你读你自己写的故事
I don't have any new stories.
我没有新的故事了
Why not?
为什么没有
Haven't written any.
我没写过了
You have pencil and paper. Sit here and write me something.
你带了铅笔和纸 就坐在这儿 当是为了我写点什么吧
I can't.
我写不了
I don't think I can anymore.
我觉得我再也写不了了
Why?
为什么
It's just...
因为...
no one even cares to hear my stories anyway.
反正没人愿意听我写的故事
Write something for me.
为我写点什么吧
You are a writer.
你是个作家
Even before anyone knew or paid you.
只是现在还没闻名于世
I'm very sick and you must do what I say.
我是个病人 你必须得听我的
Do what Marmee taught us to do. Do it for someone else.
像妈妈教我们的那样 就当是帮助别人了
If you're walking to Vermont,
如果你要去佛蒙特州
there is Mrs. Sewell in Keene New Hampshire
在新罕布什尔州的基恩市有苏厄尔夫人
who will give you room and board.
她会给你食宿的
There you are.
给你
You should go home to the girls, I can take care of this.
你应该回家照顾孩子们 这里有我
No, I need to be here.
不 我得待在这儿
I've spent my whole life ashamed of my country.
我这辈子都在为我的国家感到羞耻
No offense meant but you should still be ashamed.
无意冒犯 但你还会继续感到羞愧的
I know, I am.
我知道 是的
- Hello, sir. - Hello, ma'am.
-你好 先生 -你好 女士
Do you have sons in the Army?
你有儿子在军队里服务吗
Yes, ma'am, I had four, but two were killed.
是的 女士 有四个 但有两个已经战死了
And one is a prisoner, I'm going to the other,
有一个是罪犯 我准备去找另一个
who is very sick in a Washington hospital.
他在华盛顿的一家医院里 病得很重
You've done a great deal for your country, sir.
先生 你为国家做了很多贡献
I'd go myself, if I was any use.
要是我还跑得动的话 我自己也会去
As I ain't, I give my boys.
但我老了 所以我只能让孩子们去了
Sir, I'll get you a blanket
先生 我给你拿条毯子
to keep you warm.
给你保暖
Thank you. God Bless.
谢谢您 上帝保佑
Bless you, sir.
上帝保佑你 先生
Mrs. March?
马奇太太?
Telegram from Washington, ma'am.
从华盛顿发来的电报
Is Jo back yet from Aunt March?
乔从马奇阿姨那儿回来了吗
No, I haven't seen her yet.
没 我还没看到她
You want another pair of shoes?
要多带一双鞋吗
Thank you. I can't miss the last train.
谢谢您 我不能错过最后一班火车
Hannah, did you get Father's night shirts?
汉娜 你放了罗伯特的睡衣了吗
Yes, I did.
是的 放到行李里了
What can I do to help, Beth?
我能帮什么忙 贝丝
Thank you so much for being here.
非常感谢你能来
Of course.
应该的
Did you find the warm blanket?
你找到厚毯子了吗
If I may be of any more assistance, please tell me.
如果我能帮什么忙的话 请一定告诉我
I will look in on the girls every day, without fail.
我每天都会来看望这些女孩的 一定的
Thank you, for everything.
谢谢你 非常感谢
I've always admired your husband, I pray for a quick recovery.
我一直很敬佩你的丈夫 希望他早日康复
I found these linens.
我找到了这些亚麻布
- Hannah, medicine? - Medicine is all packed.
-汉娜 药呢 -药都装好了
I'm sorry.
抱歉
I came to offer myself as escort to your mother.
我是来陪送你妈妈的
Mr. Laurence has commissions for me in Washington,
劳伦斯先生委托我送到华盛顿并在那边照顾她
and it will give me real satisfaction to be of service to her there.
我很乐意做这件事
- Thank you. - Of course.
-谢谢你 -应该的
While I'm gone, Hannah is in charge.
我不在的时候 汉娜来管家
Remember to check on the Hummel's, it will be a difficult winter for everyone.
记得去关照下亨梅尔太太 这个冬天对每个人来说都挺难熬的
Will this be enough for the train?
这个够火车票钱吗
Twenty five dollars!
二十五美元?
That's not like Aunt March to be so generous.
马奇婶婶不会这么慷慨吧
I didn't go to Aunt March, I couldn't bear to.
我没去马奇婶婶那儿了 我受不了她
Where did you get the money?
那你从哪儿弄的钱
I only sold what was my own.
我卖掉了头发
Jo, your hair!
乔 你的头发
- Your one beauty! - You look like a boy.
-你最美的头发啊 -你看起来像个男孩
It doesn't affect the fate of the nation, so don't wail.
剪个头发又不会战败 不用放在心上
I am so proud you are my daughter.
我为你是我的女儿而感到骄傲
I was just crazy to do something for Father.
我只是太想为父亲做点什么了
It'll be good for my vanity, anyway.
不管怎样 这对治好我的虚荣心大有帮助
It could be nice.
这样也挺美
- You never do that. - This isn't what I wanted for her.
-没人这么做过 -这不是我想看到的
Oh, Teddy.
哦 泰迪
Oh, Jo.
哦 乔
I love you more than words can say.
我爱你们 这不用多说
Be good to each other. Pray for Father's recovery.
对彼此好一点 为父亲的康复祈祷
And I'll be back as soon as I can.
我会尽快回来的
Jo.
What is it? Is it Father?
怎么了 因为爸爸么
No.
It's my hair.
因为我的头发
I would feel the same way.
是我也会哭
I know you would.
我知道
Laurie, when are you going back to your grandfather?
劳里 你什么时候回你祖父那儿去
Very soon.
很快吧
You've said that a dozen times in the past month.
过去的一个月里你已经说过很多次了
Short answers save trouble.
简短的回答省力气
He is expecting you, so why don't you do it?
他在等你 你为什么不过去呢
Natural depravity, I suppose.
因为我天生堕落吧
Natural indolence, you mean.
你的意思是 天生的懒惰
I'll only plague him if I go,
我回去只会惹他不悦
so, I might as well stay and plague you a little longer. You can bear it.
还是留下来惹你不悦吧 你受得了
In fact, I think it agrees with you.
事实上 我觉得你也蛮喜欢的
Stop it. Stop.
住手 停下来
- What are you doing? - I'm looking at you.
-你在干什么 -欣赏你
I mean what do you intend to do?
我是说你准备做什么
- With life? - Yes.
-人生规划 -是的
I've been writing an opera, I'd be the central figure...
我一直在写一部歌剧 我是主角的那种
That's a waste of time.
完全是浪费时间
What would you have me do?
那你要我做什么
Go on and work for your grandfather and make something of yourself.
回去为你祖父工作 为自己做点事
You're not playing fair.
这不公平
Here.
过来看
It's very good.
非常好
When did you do this one?
你什么时候画的这个
It was the day at the beach.
那天在海滩上
First time I met Fred.
那天我第一次见到弗雷德
That's right.
对的
What's he doing?
他现在在干什么
He's in London on business.
他在伦敦出差
He'll be back in a few weeks.
几周后回来
Don't marry him.
别嫁给他
What?
什么
Don't marry him.
别嫁给他
Why?
为什么
Why? You know why.
为什么 你明知故问
No. No.
不 不
- Yes. - No.
-是的 -不是
- Laurie. - What?
-劳里 -什么
You're being mean. Stop it! Stop it!
你太坏了 停下
I have been second to Jo my whole life in everything,
我一辈子在任何事情上都比不上乔
and I will not be the person you settle for
我不能因为你不能拥有她
just because you cannot have her.
就成为你的第二选择
I won't do it.
这不可能
Not when I've spent my entire life loving you.
更别说我这一辈子都在爱着你
I'm making a mold of my foot for Laurie to remind him I have nice feet.
我正在给劳里做脚模 提醒他我有一双可爱的脚
Mr. Brooke writes that Father is still very weak, but improving.
布鲁克先生说 父亲仍然很虚弱 但情况在好转
Mr. Brooke also says that Mother is the best nurse a man could ask for.
布鲁克先生还说 母亲是爸爸最好的护士
I wish all the letters were from Mother, and not Mr. Brooke.
我希望信都是母亲写的 而不是布鲁克先生
I'm grateful for any letters.
谁写不都一样么
I think the deep purple is very fitting for Mr. Laurence,
我觉得深紫色很适合劳伦斯先生
do you agree Amy?
你觉得呢 艾米
Quite. The design is very cunning.
很好 设计很巧妙
I had to thank him somehow
我得好好感谢他
for allowing me to play the piano at his house all the time.
因为他一直允许我在他家弹钢琴
I'm going to town for groceries,
我要去城里买点东西
Jo, can you go look into getting more firewood?
乔 你能多找点柴火吗
You all haven't been to see the Hummel's. We should go.
你们都还没拜访亨梅尔太太 我们该去看看了
Bethy, we barely have enough to feed ourselves.
贝丝 我们自己都还在挨饿
Besides, I have to finish this story.
另外 我还得写完这个故事
Marmee said that--
可是妈妈说的
Marmee told us to do lots of things, but we can't possibly do them all.
妈妈告诉我们要做很多事 但我们不可能全部都做
But I always go by myself and you haven't been keeping up with your tasks...
总只有我一个人去 你们却都不听妈妈的话
We do. We work.
我们有听 我们认真工作了
Don't worry, sweet girl, we'll find a time.
别担心 亲爱的 我们会找时间去的
- But it's been weeks. - We'll go soon.
-但已经好几个星期了 -我们很快就会去
Now my foot is stuck! I can't get it out!
我的脚卡住了 我弄不出来了
Stop it Jo! I can't get it out! You'd love me to lose my foot!
住嘴 乔 我弄不出来 你就只喜欢看我笑话
Fine, I'll go myself.
好吧 我自己去
Hello. For Mr. Laurence.
你好 这是给劳伦斯先生的
Here she comes!
她回来了
Beth look what they got you--
贝丝 看他们给了你什么
Here's a letter from the old gentleman.
这是那位先生的来信
Open the note!
打开看看
Oh, Beth, just look!
哦 贝丝 快看
Jo, read the letter. I cannot.
乔 快帮我读 我不行了
"Miss Beth March, I have had many pairs of slippers in my life,
贝丝·马奇小姐 我这辈子有过很多拖鞋
but I never had any that suited me so well as yours.
但我从来没有比你送我的更适合的了
And they will always remind me of the gentle giver.
它们会时常让我想起你这位温柔的赠予者
I like to pay my debts, and hope you will accept this gift.
请允许我把这份礼物送上聊表谢意
Your grateful friend and humble servant, James Laurence."
满怀感激的朋友和谦卑的仆人 詹姆斯·劳伦斯
So sweet, your "Humble servant".
太完美了 “谦卑的仆人”
- Isn't it beautiful? - Look how shiny it is!
-它不漂亮吗 -看它有多闪亮
It has gold, it goes all the way around...
到处都是鎏金 到处都是
His handwriting is so beautiful.
他的字可真漂亮
And it's got a little drawer here.
这里有个小抽屉
Sir, I wanted to thank you for...
先生 我想感谢你
You remind me so much of my little girl.
你让我想起了我的小女儿
The piano is yours, I should've given it to you long ago.
钢琴是你的 我早该给你的
Thank you.
谢谢您
My child, you're burning.
我的孩子 你发烧了
The Hummel's are very sick.
亨梅尔太太病得很重
She's resting.
她在休息
How is she? Is there anything I can do?
她怎么样 有什么我们能做的吗
What is it?
她得了什么病
- It's scarlet fever. - What's "scarlet fever"?
-是猩红热 -什么是猩红热
I visited the Hummel's, the baby has died.
我去过亨梅尔家 得了的孩子死了
Have you all had it before?
你们以前都得过吗
Meg and I have, but Amy hasn't.
梅格和我得过 但艾米没有
- She'll have to be sent away. - I don't want to be sent away!
-她必须被送走 -我不想被打发走
- I'll see if Aunt March can take her. - I don't like Aunt March.
-我去看看马奇姑妈能不能接纳她 -我不喜欢马奇阿姨
It's for your own good, child.
这是为了你好 孩子
- Should we send for Mother? - No, we shouldn't worry her.
-我们应该通知妈妈么 -不 我们不应该让她担心
I've never wished for money more than now.
我从没有比现在更渴望钱
Listen, we'll nurse her, and she'll get better.
听着 我们会照顾她 她一定会好起来的
She will.
一定会的
"The post office in the forest was a capital little institution,
森林里的邮局是一个很小的机构
and flourished wonderfully, for many things passed through it:
邮务兴隆 寄送许多美好事物
poetry and pickles, music and gingerbread,
诗歌和泡菜 音乐和姜饼
invitations, scoldings, and even puppies."
邀请 责骂 甚至还寄过小狗
- It's all about us. - It is.
-一切都是关于我们的 -是的
I love it.
我喜欢
It's just a little story.
只是个小故事
It's nothing like what you usually write.
和你平时写的完全不同
- Do you think it's too boring? - No, it's my favorite one yet.
-你觉得太无聊了吗 -不 这是我最喜欢的
Really?
真的
- Write me another. - Yes ma'am!
-再给我写一个 -是的 女士
- And keep writing them. - I will.
-继续写下去 -我会的
Even when I'm not here.
即使我不在你们身边了
Don't say that. Don't say--
别那么说 别
- Jo, I have to tell you. - No, you don't.
-乔 我得告诉你 -不 你没有
I've had a very long time to think about this,
我想了很久
and I'm not afraid.
我其实并不害怕
No.
不行
It's like the tide going out.
这就跟退潮一样
It goes out slowly, but it can't be stopped.
即使走得很慢 但不会停下来
I'll stop it!
我会力挽狂澜的
I've stopped it before.
我成功过
You will get better. Father will get better.
你会好起来的 爸爸也是
And we'll all be together soon, all right?
我们很快就会团聚的 好吗
We can't stop God's will.
我们无法阻止天意
God hasn't met my will yet. What Jo wills shall be done.
老天还得过我这一关呢 我会战胜的
Amy. Come here.
艾米 过来
- Yes? - Come, sit.
-有事 -来 坐下
If you are very good, one day this ring will belong to you.
如果你能出人头地 总有一天这枚戒指会属于你
Really?
真的
If you keep being a proper young lady just see if it doesn't.
如果你坚持做一个合格的淑女 你就知道是不是真的了
You are your family's hope now.
现在你是全家的希望了
Beth is sick, Jo is a lost cause,
贝丝病了 乔算是没指望了
and I hear Meg has had her head turned by a penniless tutor.
梅格还迷上了一个身无分文的家教
It'll be up to you to support them all,
将来你就是她们的支柱
and your indigent parents in their old age.
当然还有你那穷困潦倒的父母
So, you must marry well.
所以 你一定要嫁得好
Save your family.
支撑这个家
All right, that's all I wanted to say to you.
行了 这就是我想对你说的
You can go back and do your little painting.
你可以回去画画了
Hello Aunt March.
早上好啊 马奇婶婶
That Laurence boy was just here.
那个劳伦斯男孩刚走
He was?
他?
What a disappointment he's turned out to be.
变成那副德性真让人失望
Must be the Italian in him.
一定是意大利血统害的
When will he be back?
他什么时候回来
He's gone, to London.
他去了伦敦
Why?
怎么了
What do you need to discuss with him?
为什么要讨论他
I've just told Fred Vaughn I wouldn't marry him.
我刚拒绝了弗雷德·沃恩的求婚
Meg.
梅格
I'll come home to help with the children, I'm so sorry.
抱歉 我很快会回家照顾孩子们的
I'm just so worried for Beth.
我只是 很担心贝丝
Stay. I asked for leave. I will take care of the children.
没关系 我请了假 我会去照顾孩子们的
John.
约翰
And there's one other thing -
还有一件事-
you should send your fabric to the dressmaker as soon as possible.
你应该尽快把你的布料送到裁缝裁剪
I can't--
我不能
No, I don't want to hear another word, I want you to have that dress.
我不想再听一个不字了 我希望你能穿上那件衣服
My old coat will be fine for the winter.
我的旧外套冬天穿着也很好
It's all settled.
一切都解决了
John, I really can't. I sold the fabric to Sallie.
约翰 真的不行 我已经把布料卖给莎莉了
You did?
是吗
I don't want you to be unhappy.
我不想让你不高兴
I couldn't be,
怎么会
John Brooke is my husband, and I am his wife.
约翰·布鲁克是我的丈夫 我是他的妻子
Hannah!
汉娜!
It's all right. It's all right.
没事的 没事的
What do we do?
我们该怎么办
We should send for your mother.
通知你妈妈
Marmee.
玛米
Marmee, she's worse. I didn't know what else to do.
玛米 她情况变糟了 我不知道还能做些什么
- Jo, how is she? - My girls.
-乔 她怎么样 -我的宝贝
My sweet Beth.
我亲爱的贝丝
Hannah, make a clear broth, and, Jo, get ice - we need to cool you.
汉娜 做一个清汤 乔 去拿点冰块 我们需要给你退烧
Who's with Father?
谁在照顾爸爸
John stayed with him.
约翰在那儿
We need to change the linens.
我们需要换床单
We are going to move you, sweet girl.
先抱在我的怀里 宝贝
Please fight.
一定要坚持下去
Don't go quietly, fight!
别悄悄地离开 坚持
Please, please. Just fight to the end and be loud!
拜托 坚持到底
Don't just quietly go away, Beth!
贝丝 不要就这样离我们而去
Marmee!
妈咪!
Marmee! Marmee!
妈咪!妈咪!
Merry Christmas, Beth.
圣诞快乐 贝丝
You're doing the sides first, and the sides aren't best for my popcorn,
你先弄的这两边不适合放我的爆米花
because I'm making a popcorn now.
因为我要做爆米花环
It's important part.
它很珍贵
And you're wasting decorations, and they are not technically right.
而你在浪费 而且从技术上讲你这也不对
The sides aren't the most important thing...
两边不是最重要的
Here's another Christmas gift for the March family.
这是给马奇一家的另一份圣诞礼物
Oh my God! Father!
哦 上帝啊 爸爸
My little women.
我的小妇人
How you've grown.
已经长大了
Oh, Beth. Merry Christmas, my dear.
哦 贝丝 圣诞快乐 亲爱的
Merry Christmas to each of you.
祝你们圣诞快乐
Merry Christmas, Father.
圣诞快乐 爸爸
Thank God you're home!
感谢上帝 你回来了
Thank God for you!
应该感谢有你
Now I can be angry with you in person.
现在我可以当面生你的气了
I can't believe today is my wedding day.
我不敢相信今天是我结婚的日子
What's wrong?
外面有什么
Nothing.
没什么
Jo.
We can leave. We can leave right now.
我们离开这儿吧 现在就走
I can make money, I'll sell stories, I'll do anything:
我可以靠写作赚钱 我还可以做其他的
I'll cook, I'll clean, I'll work in a factory.
我可以做饭 做保洁 去工厂打工
I can make a life for us.
我可以为我们创造新的生活
And you, you should be an actress, and you should have a life on the stage.
而你本应该成为一名演员 在舞台上绽放光彩
Let's just run away together.
我们一起走吧
I want to get married.
我想结婚
- But why? - Because I love him.
-为什么呢 -因为我爱他
You will be bored of him in two years, and we will be interesting forever.
两年内你就会对他感到厌烦 而我们就不一样
Just because my dreams are different than yours doesn't mean they're unimportant.
虽然我的梦想和你不同 但并不意味着它们不重要
I want a home, and a family, and I'm willing to work and struggle,
我想成家 有一个家庭 我也愿意去工作和奋斗
but I want to do it with John.
但我更想和约翰一起做
I just hate that you're leaving me.
我只是讨厌你离开我
Don't leave.
别离开
Oh, Jo.
哦 乔
I'm not leaving you.
我不会离开你的
And besides...
而且
one day, it will be your turn.
总有一天 你也会嫁人的
I'd rather be a free spinster and paddle my own canoe.
我宁愿做一个自由的老处女 自己一个人生活
I would.
我一定会的
I can't believe childhood is over.
我不敢相信青春就这样结束了
It was going to end one way or another.
它总是会在某个时候结束的
And what a happy end.
结婚其实也不错啊
What excessive promises, giving yourself away to get the other.
海誓山盟 托付此生
What a gift, always given before is known
不论贫富
the cost or the reward.
白头偕老
I pronounce you man and wife.
我宣布你们结为夫妻
You may kiss the bride.
你可以吻新娘了
You don't have to make a fuss.
你不必这么大费周章
You don't need to see me to the carriage.
你不用送我去乘马车
I'm happy to.
我很乐意陪你
I hope you will be happy now.
希望你现在高兴了
That you've ruined your life
但你毁掉了自己的人生
The same way your Mother did by marrying your father.
就像你母亲当年嫁给你父亲一样
My Dear Sister, you are too kind.
我亲爱的妹妹 你太善良了
And thank you for today's festivities.
谢谢你今天来参加婚礼
You are most welcome.
不客气
Thank you Aunt March.
非常感谢你 马奇婶婶
I don't like to be kissed.
哦 不用 我不喜欢别人吻我
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
You will be sorry when you've tried love in a cottage and found it a failure.
你为了爱情住在小屋子里的时候 才会为自己感到抱歉
It can't be worse than some people find in big houses.
我可不会比某些独自住大房子里人更后悔
I quite understand your meaning, missis.
我很明白你在说什么 太太
- I don't miss a thing. - We know this.
-我才不后悔 -我们都知道
And you are not entirely wrong.
你刚才说的也不完全错误
I may not always be right, but I am never wrong.
我可能不总是对的 但我从来没错过
Here's the only sane member of the family.
家里唯一清醒的人来了
I really can't take any more of this.
我真的受不了了
Marmee! Marmee!
妈咪 妈咪
Aunt March is going to Europe--
马奇婶婶要去欧洲...
And she wants me to go with her?
她想让我和她一起去吗
That's wonderful!
太好了
Now I know why I spent all those boring hours reading to her.
现在我知道为什么我要花那么多无聊的时间给她读书了
No, she wants me to go.
不 她想带我一起去
As her companion.
作为她的同伴
Europe? With you?
和你一起
Yes, she wants me to work on my art, and my French, of course.
是的 她想让我去深造艺术 当然了 还有学习法语
You don't really like French though, do you?
你不是不太喜欢法语吗
That's wonderful, Amy.
太好了 艾米
Father, I'm going to Europe!
爸爸 我要去欧洲了
Meg married, Amy off to Europe.
梅格结婚了 艾米去了欧洲
And now that you're a graduate, you'll be off on a long holiday.
既然你已经毕业了 你也要去度长假了
I'm just not good like Beth, so I'm angry and I'm restless.
我脾气不像贝丝那么好 所以我很生气 很不好
You don't have to stay here, Jo.
你不用呆在这里 乔
Why? Should we run off and join a pirate ship?
为什么 我们应该逃去成为海盗吗
No. No!
不 别这样
It's no use, Jo.
没用的 乔
Jo, we've got to have it out.
乔 我们得敞开心扉谈谈
I have loved you ever since I've known you Jo. I couldn't help it.
从我认识你时我就爱上了你 乔 我不能自已
And I tried to show it but you wouldn't let me, which is fine.
我试着让你看到我的爱 但你拒绝这样 这是缓兵之计
But I must make you hear now, and give me an answer,
但我现在向你表白 请给我个答案
because I cannot go on like this any longer.
因为我不想再隐藏我的爱意
I gave up billiards, I gave up everything you didn't like,
我放弃了打台球 放弃了你不喜欢的一切
I'm happy I did, it's fine, and I waited, and I never complained, because I...
我很乐意 我一直在等 从来没抱怨过 因为我
I figured you'd love me, Jo.
我以为你会爱我的 乔
And I realize I'm not half good enough, and I'm not this great man--
我知道我还不够好 我也不是个伟人
Yes, you are, you're a great deal too good for me,
你对我而言真的太好了
and I'm so grateful to you, and I'm so proud of you,
我很感激你 我也因为你而骄傲
I don't see why I can't love you as you want me to.
但是我不明白为什么我不能像你希望的那么爱你
I don't know why.
我不知道为什么
You can't?
你不能
No.
不能
I can't... I can't change how I feel.
我不能 我无法改变我自己的感受
And it would be a lie to say I do when I don't.
如果我违心说爱你就是在对你撒谎
I'm so sorry, Teddy, I'm so sorry, but I just can't help it...
我很抱歉 泰迪 我很抱歉 但我真的没办法...
I can't love anyone else, Jo. I only love you.
我不会再爱上别人了 乔 我只爱你
Teddy, it would be a disaster if we married--
泰迪 如果我们俩结婚 那一定会是一场灾难...
It wouldn't be a disaster. Jo, I'd be a perfect saint!
那不会是一场灾难 乔 我会成为一个完美的圣人
I can't - I've tried it and failed!
我不能这样 -我试着爱上你但是我失败了
Why does everyone expect it then?
那为什么每个人都期待我们在一起呢
Why does your family and my Grandpa expect it?
为什么你的家人和我祖父都期待呢
Why are you saying this? Say "yes", and let's be happy together, Jo.
你为什么这样说 只要说“好的” 然后一切都会快乐起来 乔
I can't say "yes" truly, so I'm not going to say it at all.
我真的不能答应 所以我不会说
And you'll see that I'm right, eventually, and you'll thank me for it.
以后你会发现我是正确的 并且你会感谢我的拒绝
I'd rather hanged myself than realize this, Jo.
我宁愿上吊也不想被你这样对待 乔
Teddy!
泰迪
I would rather be dead.
我宁愿去死
Teddy, don't say that!
泰迪 别这么说
Teddy!
泰迪
You'll find some lovely accomplished girl
你会认识一个可爱的才女
who will love you and adore you,
她会爱你 崇拜你
and she's gonna make a fine mistress for your fine house.
她会成为你精美房子的美丽的女主人
But I wouldn't, all right?
但不会是我 好吗
Look at me, I'm homely and I'm awkward
看看我 相貌平平 局促笨拙
But I love you, Jo.
但是我爱你 乔
And you'd be ashamed of me.
你会为我感到丢人的
I love you, Jo.
我爱你 乔
And we would quarrel because we can't help it, even now.
我们一定会吵得天翻地覆 就像现在这样
I'd hate elegant society, you'd hate my scribbling,
我讨厌上流社会 你会讨厌我写的东西
and we would be unhappy, and we'd wish we hadn't done it,
我俩都不会快乐 一定会后悔在一起
and everything would be horrid.
一切都会糟糕透顶
Is there anything more?
你还有别的话说吗
- No, nothing more. - All right.
-没别的了 -好吧
Except that...
除了
Teddy, I don't believe I will ever marry.
泰迪 我认为我这辈子都不会结婚
I'm happy as I am.
我为独立地活着感到快乐
And I love my liberty too well to be in any hurry to give it up.
我很热爱自由 不想就这么仓促放弃它
I think you're wrong about that, Jo. I think you will marry, Jo.
我觉得你的想法不对 乔 你会结婚的
I think you'll find someone, and love them,
我想你会认识一个人 爱上他
and you will live and die for them because that's your way, and you will.
你会为了他赴汤蹈火 因为你会是这样的人 你一定会的
And I'll watch.
我会等到那一天 然后祝你幸福
I don't want to disturb your writing.
我没打扰你写作吧
I don't do that anymore.
我不会再写作了
It didn't save her.
写作救不了她
You're much too lonely here, Jo.
你在这里太孤单了 乔
Wouldn't you like to go back to New York?
你不想回纽约吗
What about your friend Friedrich, wasn't that his name?
你的朋友 弗里德里希呢 他是叫这个吗
No.
不想
I ruined our friendship with my temper, just as I ruin everything.
我的坏脾气毁掉了我们的友谊 就像我毁掉了一切一样
I'm sure I'll never see him again.
我肯定再也见不到他了
I doubt that a sincere friend would be deterred.
我觉得真正的友谊不会因此就被摧毁
I wish that were true.
希望是的吧
If I was a girl in a book, this would all be so easy,
如果我是小说里的女主角 生活会很容易
Just give up the world happily.
只要快乐地放弃这个世界就行了
Laurie is returning, you know.
劳里回来了 你知道吗
He is?
是吗
There is a letter from Amy, she's coming home.
艾米写的信里讲的 她要回家了
She's devastated about Beth.
她对贝丝的事很伤心
Aunt March is very ill, so...
马奇婶婶病得很重 所以
Laurie will accompany them.
劳里会陪他们
That's good of him.
他人真是太好了
- What is it? - I don't know.
-怎么了 -我不知道
I'll always be quite contempt with my family.
我一直很满足于家庭生活
I don't understand it.
我不知道
Perhaps I was too quick in turning him down, Laurie.
也许我拒绝得太快了 拒绝劳里
Do you love him?
你爱他吗
If he asked me again I think I would say "yes."
如果他再问我一次的话 我想我会说"是的"
Do you think he'll ask me again?
你觉得他会再问一次吗
But do you love him?
但是你爱他吗
I care more to be loved. I want to be loved.
我更在乎被人所爱 我想被人所爱
That is not the same as loving.
这可不等于爱
I know.
我知道
I just feel... I just feel like...
我就是感觉 觉得
Women...
女人
They have minds, and they have souls as well as just hearts,
不止有心灵 也有思想和灵魂
and they've got ambition, and they've got talent as well as just beauty,
女性不止有美貌 也有抱负和才华
and I'm so sick of people saying
我真的受够了人们说
that love is just all a woman is fit for.
女人只需要谈恋爱 然后结婚生子
I'm so sick of it!
我真的受够了
But, I'm... I'm so lonely.
但似乎这么想的只有我一个人
I couldn't let you travel alone with Aunt March being so sick.
我不能让你一个人回去 马奇婶婶病得太重了
Even if you despise me.
就算你看不起我
I don't despise you, Laurie.
我没看不起你 劳里
Beth was the best of us.
贝丝是我们之中最好的人
I'm not marrying Fred.
我不会嫁给弗雷德的
I heard about that.
我听说了
And you are under no obligation to say anything, or do anything.
你不必要说些什么 或是做些什么
I just didn't love him as I should.
我只是不爱他而已
We don't need to talk about it, we don't need to say anything.
我们不需要谈论这事 我们什么也不用说
My dear Teddy, I miss you more than I can express.
亲爱的泰迪 我难以表达自己有多想你
I used to think that the worst fate was to be a wife
我曾经认为成为一个妻子会是最悲惨的命运
I was young and stupid.
那时的我年轻又愚蠢
But now I have changed.
现在的我才发现
The worst fate is to live my life without you in it.
没有你的生活才是最悲惨的
I was wrong to turn you down and to run away to New York.
我不该拒绝你之后逃到纽约去
Jo. Jo.
乔 乔
Jo.
Wake up. Wake up.
醒醒 醒醒
Teddy! You're back!
泰迪 你回来了
Are you glad to see me then?
那你见到我高兴吗
Yes.
高兴
I was worried.
我很担心你
Here, come sit.
过来 来坐下
How's Amy?
艾米怎么样
Did she bother you all the way from Europe with her preening?
一路从欧洲过来 她为自己打扮的事麻烦你了吗
Yes, but I liked that.
是的 但我很乐意
Where is she now? Did she not come straight home?
她现在在哪儿 她没有直接回家吗
Your mother's got her down at Meg's, we stopped there on the way back.
你妈妈把她接到梅格家了 我们在回来的路上在那停了一段时间
There was no getting my wife out of their clutches.
她们抓着我妻子不放
Your what?
你什么
I've... done it now.
我已经 实话说吧
It was meant to be a surprise.
这本来是个惊喜的
We were engaged, and we were hoping to wait...
我们订婚了 我们希望等到...
That is to say, now we are man and wife.
就是说 我们现在是夫妻了
You and Amy?
你和艾米
Yes.
Are you in love?
你爱上她了吗
Yes.
Jo, I want to say one thing, and then we'll put it away forever.
乔 我只想说一件事 然后我们永远都不要提了
I've always loved you.
我一直爱着你
But the love I feel for Amy, it's different.
但这和我对艾米的爱 是不一样的
And I think you were right about this.
我认为你说得对
I think we would've killed each other.
我想我们会互相伤害
Yes.
I think it was meant this way.
我想应该会这样的
Oh, Teddy.
哦 泰迪
You're the only one who ever calls me that, Jo - Teddy.
你是唯一一个这么叫我的人 乔 -叫我泰迪
What does Amy call you?
艾米怎么叫你
My Lord.
殿下
That sounds like her.
听起来就是她说的
Well, you look deserving of it.
你值得这个称号
Can we still be friends, Jo? Please?
我们还能做朋友吗 乔
Of course, my boy, always.
当然了 老朋友 永远都是
- Laurie told you? - Yes. Yes.
-劳里告诉你了 -是的
Amy, I'm so happy for you. This was meant to be.
艾米 我真为你而高兴 你们是命中注定的
Oh, I'm so relieved, thank you.
那我就放心了 谢谢
I wanted to write, Jo, I wanted to write, and I wanted to explain everything,
我想写信说的 乔 我想写信的 我想解释这一切
but everything was happening so fast and, really, I was worried you'd be angry at me.
但一切发生得太快了 说真的 我还担心你会生我的气
No. No.
不 不会的
No, you're not angry at me?
你没生我的气吗
Life is too short to be angry at one's sisters.
人生苦短 不能生自家妹妹的气
I really miss her.
我真的很想她
I know.
我知道
Thank you.
谢谢你
Mr. Laurence.
劳伦斯先生
Jo.
Oh, Jo.
哦 乔
I couldn't bring myself to...
我不能走进去..
The house doesn't seem right without her.
这房子没她看起来总少了点什么
I couldn't go in knowing she wouldn't be there.
她不在了 我都没法走进去
I know I am not half so good as my sister,
我知道我和妹妹不太一样
but I'll be a friend to lean on, if you'll let me.
但如果你愿意的话 我可以做个你可以依靠的朋友
For Beth
写给贝丝
Dear Mr. Dashwood:
亲爱的达什伍德先生:
Enclosed are the first few chapters of a piece I've only begun working on.
随函寄去的是我刚开始写的一篇作品的前几章
It could suit as a story for young people, but I think it is probably quite boring.
它是个适合给年轻人阅读的故事 但我觉得它也可能相当无趣
However, I'm sending it to you just in case it has something of value,
不过 我还是把它寄给您 希望您能看看是否可用
though I doubt it. Jo March.
尽管我自己不抱什么希望 乔·马奇
I thought she hated me.
我以为她讨厌我
She could still hate you and leave you the house.
她可以讨厌你的同时 把房子留给你
What about you and John?
给你和约翰怎么样
We can't manage a grand house like this, it's too big.
我们管不了这么大的房子 它太大了
I should sell it, but I'd love to do something
我可以把它卖了 但我真想用它做点
that would really make Aunt March turn in her grave.
会让马奇婶婶揭棺而起的事情
I wouldn't mind that.
我不会介意的
A nice turning, just a rotation, nothing terrible.
只是换个风格的装修 不是什么可怕的事
What will you do?
你想做什么
I'd like to open a school.
我想开一所学校
We never had a proper school, and now there are women's colleges opening
我们女人之前从来没有正规的学校 现在已经有女子大学了
there should be a school. For Daisy.
就应该有一所学校 为了黛西而开
And what will Demi do?
那黛米怎么办
I'll open a school for boys and girls, both.
我要开一所男孩女孩都能来就读的学校
What about writing?
不做作家了吗
What about it?
作家咋了
What are you working on?
你现在在写些什么呢
I started something, but I don't think it's very good.
我是在写些东西 但我觉得写的不好
Everyone likes what you write.
每个人都喜欢你写的东西
No, they don't.
不 他们不喜欢
I do.
我喜欢
It's just about our little life.
写的只是我们的简单生活
So?
所以呢
Who will be interested in a story of domestic struggles and joys?
谁会对一个家长里短的故事感兴趣呢
It doesn't have any real importance, does it?
它没有什么实际的重要性 不是吗
Maybe, it doesn't seem important because people don't write about them.
也许 人们不去写它并不意味着不重要
No, writing doesn't confer importance, it reflects it.
不 写作并不是赋予重要性 而是反映了重要性
I don't think so.
我不这么认为
Writing them will make them more important.
写作会使那些东西变得重要
When did you become so wise?
你什么时候变得这么聪明
I always have been, you were just too busy noticing my faults.
我一直都这么聪明 你只是一直抓着我的缺点不放
Which weren't there, of course.
没你想的那么坏
Dear Miss March: I've read the chapters you sent,
亲爱的马奇小姐:我看过了你寄来的章节
and I have to agree they aren't very promising.
说实话它们不怎么样
But, please send more stories of the scandalous variety, if you have any.
但 如果你有什么刺激点的故事的话 可以多寄点来
Or, shall I say, your friend can.
或者 换句话说 你的朋友也可以
My apologies for the joke, I couldn't help it.
抱歉我忍不住开了这个玩笑
Jo, come down!
乔 下来
Coming!
来了
I'm starving.
我要饿死了
Jo, you might want to wait...
乔 你可能得等等...
I'm famished.
我快饿死了
Jo, dear, you have a guest.
亲爱的 有客人来找你
I don't know anyone.
我谁都不认识
I'm sorry to intrude.
抱歉打扰你了
It's you.
是你
Hello.
你好
Hello. I'm Josephine March. I'm Jo.
你好 我是约瑟芬·马奇 叫我乔就行
Josephine, is that you? Welcome! Welcome!
约瑟芬 是你吗 欢迎 欢迎
This is Kitty, and Minny.
这是基蒂和敏妮
And I see that you've already met our professor.
我知道你已经见过这位教授了
He's a very accomplished man.
他是个很有成就的人
Your mother says that you're a writer. I keep a diary, you know.
你妈妈说你是个作家 我写日记的时候记了 你知道的
A lot of the interesting people here, intellectuals and Europeans.
这里有很多有趣的人 知识分子和欧洲人
Jo, I hope it is all right, I got your address from Mrs. Kirke.
乔 我希望你不介意 我从柯克太太那里问到了你的地址
Who is this? Who are you?
是谁啊 你是谁
I'm so sorry to intrude, I was close by and I thought I'd...
很抱歉打扰了 我就在附近路过 我想我可能...
- But I'll be going. - No!
-我待会儿就走 -别
Please stay! We have more than enough room.
留下来吧 空房间多的是
Can someone tell me who this man is?
有人能告诉我这个人是谁吗
I don't want to be a burden.
我不想给你们添麻烦
- You're not a burden at all! - Yes, of course. Please.
-才没有 -不麻烦 留下来吧
- I'm Laurie. Who are you? - I'm Friedrich Bhaer.
-我是劳里 你叫什么 -我是弗里德里希·贝尔
We were at the same boarding house together in New York.
在纽约的时候我们住在同一个公寓
Oh, Jo, he's very handsome.
哦 乔 真是一个帅小伙
Do you intend to stay in New York?
你打算留在纽约吗
No, I've been offered a professorship in California.
不 我申请到了加州的教授职位
And as I have nothing keeping me here,
因为我留在这儿做不了什么
I thought I might go West.
我想我可能会去西部
It is new there, and they are less particular about immigrants.
那边还在开发 他们对移民不是很排斥
Perhaps I should go West.
也许我也该往西走
You're not an immigrant, so perhaps you should stay home.
你不是移民 所以或许你应该呆在家里
Oh, I'm going.
哦 那我只能走了
This is a beautiful instrument. Which one of you plays?
多漂亮的乐器 你们谁在弹这个
It was my sister, Beth.
我妹妹贝丝的
We all play a little.
我们都会弹一点
But none so well as her.
但没人弹得比她好
It is very hard to lose a sister. I'm sorry.
失去一个姐妹非常难熬 我很抱歉
- Do you play? - Yes. I do.
-你会弹吗 -是的 我会弹
It would make us so happy if you played now,
如果你能弹一段的话 我们会很高兴
she wouldn't want the piano to sit silent.
她不会想让钢琴被闲置的
I don't wish to offend.
无意冒犯
Not in the least.
没关系
*此处演奏的为《悲怆奏鸣曲》
- It was so lovely to meet you. - Lovely to meet you.
-很高兴见到你 -我也是
Bye.
再见
- Bye, Laurie. - Goodbye.
-再见 劳里 -再见
Thank you for everything.
谢谢你的款待
Lovely to have you.
很高兴认识你
If you ever come to California, I would love to see you.
如果你来加州的话 我会很高兴的再见到你的
I don't know that I will, but thank you.
我不知道我会不会去 但谢谢你
Well... goodbye.
好吧 再见
Goodbye.
再见
What?
怎么了
Why are you all looking at me like that?
为什么你们都那样看着我
What a wonderful man.
多好的人啊
I hope he comes back, he would make a terrific friend for me.
我希望他能回来 他会和我成为很好的朋友
Oh, Father, he wasn't here for you!
哦 爸爸 他可不是来找你的
No?
不是吗
- Jo! You love him! - What? No, I don't.
-乔 你爱他 -什么 不 我没有
Yes, you do too!
你爱上他了
I am half as smart as you but I can see it so plainly, you love him.
我只有你一半聪明 但我看得很明白 你爱他
- Doesn't she love him? - It's a good instinct, you love him.
-不爱吗 -不错的直觉 你爱他
I have never seen you so happy. What else is love?
我从没见过你这么高兴 如果这都不算爱
You need to go after him! Laurie prepare the horses!
你得去追上他 劳里快备马
We can catch him before he gets on the train.
我们能在他上火车前截住他
- I'm coming too. - Yes.
-我也去 -好
- No, I'm not going! - Yes, you are!
-不 我不去 -你必须去
- Amy is right. - Exactly!
-艾米是对的 -没错
I never thought I'd prepare a carriage
我从没想过我会准备一辆马车
to help Jo March chase a man, but I like it.
来帮乔·马奇去追一个男人 但我很乐意
He's moving to California!
他要搬到加州去了
That was fiction.
他骗你的
He was practically begging for a reason to stay.
他几乎是在乞求能留下
But it's raining outside!
但是外面在下雨
It doesn't matter! Can you come with me? I need to fix you.
没关系 你过来下 我得给你打扮一下
Laurie, can you stop standing there and go get horses ready?! Thank you.
劳里 你能不能别杵在那儿 去把马车备好 谢谢
You never ask about my mother even when you know I've seen her.
你从来没问过我妈妈的事 就算你知道我见过她了
I assume she's still alive.
我猜她还活着
- But I ask after your mother. - And I have no idea why.
-但我问候了你妈妈 -我不知道你为什么要问这个
You're willfully missing the point.
你在故意岔开话题
That's true.
确实是
- What do they want? - I have no idea.
-他们想要什么 -我不知道
- Father are you publishing this? - What happens to the Little Women?
-爸爸 你会出版这个吗 -小妇人接下来会发生什么
Tell me you have the rest of the book!
快告诉我你有这本书的后续
What?
什么
I'm just trying to fix your hair.
帮你弄下头发
Stop the carriage! Stop the carriage!
停下马车 停下
All right. Go! Out! Out!
好吧 快去 快 快
Go! Go!
快点 快
Frankly, I don't see why she didn't marry the neighbor.
坦白地说 我不明白她为什么不嫁给那个邻居
Because the neighbor marries her sister.
因为邻居娶了她妹妹
Right. Right. Of course.
是的 当然
So, who does she marry?
那么 她最后嫁给了谁
No one. She doesn't marry either of them.
谁也不嫁 她不会和他们俩结婚
No! No!
不 不行
That won't work at all.
那绝对不行
She says the whole book that she doesn't want to marry.
她整本书里都在说她不想结婚
Who cares?
谁在乎呢
Girls want to see women married! Not consistent!
女孩们想看到女人结婚 这不行
No. It isn't the right ending.
不 这不是真正的结局
The right ending is the one that sells.
真正的结局是销量高的那个
Trust me, if you decide to end your delightful book
相信我 如果你决定给你那本有趣的书写个
with your heroine a spinster, no one will buy it.
女主角是个老处女的结局 没人会买的
It won't be worth printing.
它不该被出版
I suppose marriage has always been an economic proposition. Even in fiction.
我觉得婚姻一直是一个经济问题 即使是在小说里
It's romance.
那是浪漫
It's mercenary.
是利益至上
Just end it that way, will you?
用我的结局 好吗
Fine.
Go! Go!
快走 快走
Kiss him, Ms. March!
去亲他
Jo!
I don't want you to leave. I want you to stay.
我不想让你离开 我要你留下来
- You do? - Yes.
-你这么想吗 -是的
Then, I would never leave if you wished me to stay.
如果你希望我留下 我就永远不会离开
No, I want you to stay.
不 我要你留下来
I have nothing to give you, Jo.
我什么都给不了你 乔
It doesn't matter.
没关系
My hands are empty.
我两手空空
They're not empty.
你并没有
I love it. It's romantic.
我喜欢这个结局 很浪漫
It's very moving. That's very emotional.
非常感人 非常有感染力
Thank you.
谢谢您
We can call the chapter
我们可以给这一章起名叫
"Under the Umbrella."
"伞下定情"
- That's good. - Perfect.
-好 -完美
Now there is the question of the contract.
现在就是合同的问题了
I'm prepared to give you 5% of the royalties.
我准备给你5%的版税
So, I get 5% of the profit?
所以 我能拿利润的5%吗
Five percent of the net profits. After I recoup.
是净利润的百分之五 我回本之后的
What about a payment upfront?
能预付款吗
I'm the one taking the risk in printing this book.
我才是担着风险印刷这本书的人
Yes, but it's my book.
是的 但这是我写的书
And if it does well, we'll both make money.
如果卖得好 我们都会赚钱的
If not, I can stay in business.
如果不好 我还可以继续做生意
So, I get nothing? If it fails?
那么 我什么也拿不到 如果卖的不好的话
No, I'll give you 500 dollars right now to buy out the copyright.
不 我现在就可以给你500美元买断版权
The copyright?
版权?
That's the right for re-printing, that sort of thing.
就是再版印刷的权利 诸如此类的还有
Sequels, characters for other stories...
续作 还有其他故事的角色
Might that be worth something?
这也值钱吗
Well, only if it's a success.
如果销量好的话
I see. It seems like something I would want to own, you know.
我懂了 但是我比较想保留版权 你知道吗
Didn't your say your family needed the money more immediately?
你不是说你的家人现在需要钱吗
Yes, they do, which is why I wanted upfront payment.
是的 他们需要 所以我想要预付款
No. It's too risky. I'll only pay for the copyright.
不行 太冒险了 我只能同意买断版权
You keep your 500 dollars, and I'll keep the copyright.
你拿着你的500美元 我保留版权
Also, I want 10% of royalties.
另外 我要10%的版税
5.5 percent, that's very generous.
5.5% 我已经非常慷慨了
- Nine percent. - Six percent, and that's it.
-9% -6% 就这样了
Mr. Dashwood, If I'm going to sell my heroine into marriage for money,
达什伍德先生 如果你想让我把女主角卖给婚姻
I might as well get some of it.
你就得多付点钱
6.6% 6.6 percent.
Done.
成交
And you don't need to decide about the copyright right now.
你现在还不用决定要不要保留版权
No, I've decided. I want to own my own book.
不 我已经决定了 我想拥有我自己的书
小妇人