涉足荒野 Wild

上映日期: 2,014

语言: 英语

影片类型: 剧情 / 传记

导演: 让-马克·瓦雷

演员: 瑞茜·威瑟斯彭 / 盖比·霍夫曼 / 劳拉·邓恩 / 查尔斯·贝克 / 凯文·兰金 / 米希尔·赫伊斯曼 / W·厄尔·布朗 / 托马斯·萨多斯基 / 尼克·埃弗斯曼 / J·D·埃弗摩尔 / Ted


台词
--==本影片由 CMCT 团队 荣誉出品==--更多精彩影视 请访问 http://www.cmct.cc
影片压制:死亡骑士 字幕调校:死亡骑士 招募Q号:76846146
God.
天啊
Okay. Okay.
好吧
"I'd rather be a hammer than a nail."
"我宁可当铁锤也不当铁钉"
No.
No.
Fuck you, bitch!
该死的混蛋
片名:涉足荒野
- Good luck. - Thanks.
- 好运 - 谢谢
Hi.
I need a room for the night.
我想要个房间
$18.
18美元
Unless, uh, you have a companion joining you later.
除非… 一会儿还有人跟你合住
If you have a companion, it's more.
如果有人一起住那就要多收一些
I don't have a companion.
我就一个人
So it's $18.
那就18块
For now.
暂时的
It'll stay $18.
就18块不变了
Unless someone comes later.
如果一会儿有人来呢
Which he won't.
不会的
He may.
也许呢
To throw out certain evidence obtained at O.J. Simpson's house.
否定了在辛普森家发现的确凿证据
Um, I'm hiking the PCT.
我在太平洋山脊径徒步旅行
And, um, I don't have a license plate number or an address.
我也没有地址和车牌号
Just put down your folks' address.
那就把你家的地址写上
- Hello. - Hey.
- 喂 - 嘿
Oh, hey.
噢 嘿
Hi.
Hey.
Y-You in Mojave?
你在莫哈韦?
Yeah. Um, I used your address
是的 呃 我刚用了你的地址
as my address on the registration form 'cause I...
来填登记表因为我…
I couldn't think of anything else.
我想不到其他人的了
No, that's cool. Anytime.
没关系的 随便用
Hey, if you see my little brother,
嘿 如果你看到我弟弟了
will you let him know where I am?
你可以告诉他我在哪儿吗
Not that he would give a shit, but I just want him to know.
虽然我知道他不会在意 但是我还是想让他知道
No, he does, he will.
不 他会关心的
Um, listen, I'm making dinner for a friend, and, uh...
听着 我在为一朋友做晚餐 然后呢…
Oh. Which friend?
噢 哪个朋友
Does it make any difference?
有关系吗
You know, I only called because I was looking for Leif.
你知道 我打电话只是因为我想找列夫
No, I want you to call. I want you to call.
不 我想让你打过来的
We're friends, remember?
我们是朋友 别忘记啦
Sorry.
抱歉
No, I'm sorry.
不是 我抱歉
For what?
抱歉什么
I-I don't know.
我不知道
I'm-I'm sorry, uh...
对不起… 呃
that you have to walk a thousand miles just to...
让你走那么几千英里就为了…
Finish that sentence.
说完这句话
Why do I have to walk a thousand miles?
为什么我要走这么远
Uh, do you have the list of addresses to write to?
你有写信的地址薄嘛
Yeah. Yeah.
有 有的
Do you want me to send anything else?
你还想让我寄别的什么东西吗
Uh, no, thanks.
呃 不 谢谢了
Aimee's in charge of all the boxes.
信箱是艾米管着的
Okay. Okay...
好 好的
Um...
I got to go.
我要挂了
Happy trails, Cheryl.
旅途愉快 谢丽尔
Remember, you can quit anytime.
记住你任何时候都可以选择放弃
Shit.
该死的
Oh, my God.
噢 天啊
Shit!
可恶
Okay.
好吧
So where are you going?
那么你要去哪儿
I'm hiking the Pacific Crest Trail.
我在太平洋山脊径这徒步旅行
It goes from the Mexican border up to Canada.
这条路是从墨西哥边界到加拿大的
I'll be walking for the next three months.
我接下来的3个月里都会一直走路
Wow.
哇哦
Up to Ashland.
一直到阿什兰
You do a lot of hiking?
你经常徒步旅行吗?
Well, I mean,
嗯 我是说
I'm not obsessive, but this is quite a stretch, even for me.
我不是很喜欢 但是这对我来说是一种放松的方式
I guess we're gonna be the last human contact
那我想可能 我们是
you have for a while, huh?
你这段时间联系的最后两个人了吧
That's true.
没错
You can never
你再也
Go home anymore
回不了家了
Listen
Does this sound familiar?
这听起来耳熟吗
You wake up every morning
你每天早上醒来
Go to school every day
每天去学校
Spend your nights on the corner
在街角度过夜晚
Just passing time away
时间就这样逝去
Your life is so lonely
人生如此孤独
Like a child without a toy
像一个没了玩具的孩子
Then a miracle
接着奇迹…
A boy
一个男孩出现
And that's called "glad"
他的名字叫"高兴"
Never
再也
Go home anymore
回不了家
Now...
现在
Love you, too, son.
我也爱你 儿子
"if your Nerve, deny you, Go above your Nerve."
"如果你的紧张使你害怕 那你就要超越它"
Emily Dickinson. And Cheryl Strayed.
艾米莉·迪金森以及谢丽尔·斯瑞德
Oh, my God.
噢 天啊
What the fuck have I done?
我干什么了
What... The fuck?
什么…
What...
什么…
The fuck?
该死的
What the fuck?
可恶
You can quit anytime.
你可以随时放弃
You can quit...
你可以随时…
anytime.
放弃
You can quit...
你可以随时
anytime.
放弃
Yes!
Shit.
可恶
Jesus fucking Christ.
真是可恶
Yes, I would
是的 我可以
If I could
如果我可以
I surely would
我当然能行
I thought of you today.
我今天想起了你
I felt a burst of energy,
我感觉到了能量的爆发
remembering why I thought I could hike this trail.
还记得我为什么要来这次徒步旅行
I hope you won't be mad at me if I quit.
我希望如果我放弃了 你不要生我气
"Today a backhoe divulged out of a crumbling flank of earth,
"今日地球破碎的大地中挖出…"
"one bottle amber, perfect,
"一瓶完美的琥珀"
"a hundred-year-old cure for fever or melancholy...
"是忧郁或永远的百年良药…"
"A tonic for living on this earth.
"亦或是活在地球上的补药"
"Today I was reading about Marie Curie."
"今天我读了玛丽·居里的书"
"She died a famous woman, denying her wounds...
"她生前是个有名的女人 否认了她的伤…"
"Denying her wounds came from the same source
"否认了来源相同的伤"
"as her power."
"化悲伤为力量"
So, what did he say?
那他说了什么
He said he was going to call you.
他说他会打电话给你的
- Are you serious? - Yeah, I know.
- 你开玩笑吗 - 是的 我知道
Does he think we're injunior high?
他以为我们是初中?
Exactly!
是的
I think he's going to ask for your number!
我想他会找你要电话号码的
Bobbi?
芭比?
- Hey... - Hey...
- 嘿 - 嘿
- How's it going? - Good.
- 怎么样了 - 很好
Hard but fun.
很难但是有趣
All right. See you.
好了 回头见
Yeah, cool.
好的
I'm just gonna grab this for a second.
这个我先拿走了
I'm sorry I ignored you at school today.
很抱歉今天在学校冷落了你
That's okay, hon.
没关系的 亲爱的
We agreed, right?
我们说好的 对吧
It's pretty strange going to school with your mom.
因为跟你妈妈一起上学感觉很奇怪
It's not because I'm not proud of you.
不是因为我不引你为自豪
I'm really proud of you.
我非常以你为荣
You know what? I'm pretty proud of me, too.
你知道吗 我也以你为荣
God, there's so much to know.
天啊 要学的东西太多了
I mean, I knew there was a lot, but...
我是说 我知道有很多 但是…
not this much.
也不是这么多
- You've read Erica Jong, right? - Mm-hmm.
- 你读了艾丽卡·琼的书 对吧 - 嗯
Okay, so tell me about the zipless fuck.
好 那么给我讲讲陌生性行为
Mom, lam not gonna discuss zipless fucks with you.
妈妈 我才不要跟你讨论这个话题
Uh, you have to, 'cause I have to write a paper about it.
你不得不 因为我要写关于这个东西的论文
I mean, you know, is it...
我是说 你知道…
- This is so awkward. - ...that much easier for women now
- 太尴尬了 - 是不是对于这个年龄的女性
- than it was before? - I don't know.
- 更为简单一些呢 - 我不知道
Can we not discuss this?
我们能不能不讨论这个
Well, for me, it felt like it was always covered in zips.
这个嘛 对我来说 就像是拉链
Zips, strings, everywhere I went.
拉链 链子 还有我去过的地方
Hey.
What's for dinner, Mom? I'm starving.
晚餐吃什么 妈妈 我饿死了
Books and essays.
吃书和论文吧
I can fix something.
我可以琢磨点东西出来的
Are you gonna stay, Wayne? You want something to eat?
你要留下来吗 韦恩 你想吃点什么
- Um, sure. - Mom, they are 18 years old.
- 当然了 - 妈 他们都是18岁的人了
They can cook their own dinner.
他们可以自己做晚餐了
You've got a paper to write.
你还有论文要写呢
If I can't be a mom, then I can't be a student, either.
如果我做不好一个妈妈 我也做不好一个学生的
Rule book.
书上说的
That's ridiculous.
太荒谬了
If she wants to make me dinner, then let her.
如果她想给我做晚餐 那就让她做
I wonder, have you learned any of this
我在想 你有没有学过
- that we're reading? - You know, I have to do everything.
- 我们读的东西?- 你知道的我什么都要做
I want to do everything.
因为我想把所有事都做了
I hope you do, too.
我希望你也如此
Pasta?
意面?
"Denying her wounds
"否认她的伤"
"came from her power.
"从她的力量而来"
"Denying her wounds came from the same source as her power."
"否认了来源相同的伤化悲伤为力量"
And you want to travel blind...
你想盲目的旅行
I'm not afraid.
我不害怕
I'm not afraid.
我不害怕
"Please ensure that you only use white gas
请确保使用与此炉兼容的
"compatible with this stove.
无铅汽油
"Other fuels may harm the equipment
其他燃料可能会损毁设备"
"and render it inoperable."
导致无法使用
Shit.
该死的
Shit!
可恶
Cold mush is great.
冷饭也挺好的
Cold mush with nuts.
冷饭加点坚果
Cold mush with tuna jerky.
冷饭加牛肉干
Cold mush dreams.
冷饭伴着梦想
Cold mush shit.
冷饭伴着失落
I love cold mush.
我喜欢冷饭
"What do you like to do when you're not hiking, Cheryl?"
"你不徒步旅行的时候喜欢做什么呢 谢丽尔"
I like to sit on a real toilet.
我喜欢坐在马桶上
And flush.
然后冲水
I like to cook food.
我喜欢做饭
Eat food with other people.
和其他人一起吃饭
People, that's another thing I like.
人 也是我喜欢的
I like talking to people,
我喜欢跟人说话
listening to people.
听人说话
Funny, that's a hobby, one I hadn't even realized I had.
有意思的是 这个兴趣 是我自己都没意识到我有的
Until I decided to walk on my own through the fucking desert.
一直到我决定自己徒步穿越这该死的沙漠时 才意识到
We got to feed you, kid.
我们得养你 孩子
Should I stay or should I go?
我该留该走?
I'd rather be a sparrow than a snail
我宁可当麻雀也不当蜗牛
Yes, I would
是的 我宁愿如此
Hey!
Hey!
Hi!
My name is Cheryl.
我叫谢丽尔
I'm walking the PCT, and I've run out of food.
我在太平洋山脊径徒步旅行 我没吃的了
I'm just wondering if you could take me someplace
我在想你可不可以
I could get a warm meal.
带我去一个能吃到热东西的地方
I'm working.
我在工作呢
Yeah, I understand. Um...
是的 我能理解
But maybe when you're finished, you could take me somewhere?
但是也许等你工作完了 你可以带我走一段吗
Not gonna find anything open this time of day.
这个时候也找不到开门的饭馆
Well, maybe you could just drive me
那么也许你可以带我去
to someplace that'd be open in the morning for breakfast,
一个早上可能会开门的地方吃早餐
and I can camp nearby.
然后我就可以在附近扎营
You must be starving.
你一定很饿了
I brought all these dehydrated meals, and I brought a stove,
我带的都是脱水的干货 然后我带了个炉子
but I brought the wrong fuel.
但是结果燃料带错了
Yeah, I got a little bit more work to do,
行 我还有一些活儿要干
but you can wait in my truck.
但是你可以在我车上等我
Thank you.
谢谢
- Thank you, sir. - Yeah.
- 谢谢你 先生 - 没事
All right, I've been thinking.
好的 我一直在想
You can come back to my place
你可以回我的地方
for a hot dinner and a hot shower.
吃一顿热饭洗个热水澡
Okay.
So, what kind of woman are you?
那么你是哪种女人
What kind?
哪种?
Yeah. Are you like a Jane?
是啊 你和简一样的吗?
You know, Tarzan's Jane.
你知道的 泰山的简
Are you a Jane?
你是像那种女人吗
A wild woman?
狂野的女人
I got a little something for us.
我给我们准备了个小东西
That is, if you partake.
如果你想一起分享的话
Sure.
那当然
Ladies first.
女士优先
- Oh. - It's cheap, but it's good.
- 噢 - 虽然很便宜 但是很好
See?
瞧?
- Thanks. - Yeah.
- 谢谢 - 嗯
I'm gonna call you Jane.
那我就叫你简了
Yeah, my husband's hiking the PCT with me.
这个我老公跟我一起在太平洋山脊径徒步旅行的
He's just a little bit further ahead on the trail.
他只是比我走的快了一点 就在前面不远的地方
We're gonna meet up really soon.
我们很快就会见面了
Probably around Kennedy Meadows.
可能在肯尼迪梅多斯那见
I got a little something else I like to do after a hard day's work.
一天的脏活儿做下来后 我通常喜欢做点别的事情
You like licorice?
你喜欢甘草糖吗
Oh, thanks.
噢 谢了
Come on.
来吧
Come on, Jane!
来嘛 简
All right, you got to promise
好了 你得保证
that you're not gonna tell my wife,
你不会告诉我老婆
because she hates it when I eat candy.
因为她很讨厌我吃糖
Okay.
好的
What, you just gonna stand there?
什么 你就打算站在那里吗
Oh, um, hold on, sweetheart.
噢 等下 亲爱的
No offense, but...
无意冒犯 但是…
Thank you.
谢谢你
Well, you just gonna look at it or...
你是打算一直看着 还是…
Thank you.
谢谢
Good meal.
丰盛
So,your husband,
那么你老公
the two of you meet in college?
你们两个是在大学认识的?
- Your husband. - Oh, Paul?
- 你的老公 - 噢 保罗?
- Yeah. - Yes.
- 是的- 嗯
Yeah.
Well, he must be crazy.
那么他一定很疯狂
It's one thing for a man to take off on a hike like that,
对于一个男人来说 做这样的徒步旅行是很神奇的
but to allow your wife to do it?
但是让他老婆也这样?
Whole other thing entirely.
简直就是另一番情景了
Not everyone in the world thinks like you do, Frank.
不是世界上所有人跟你想法都一样 弗兰克
Nope, that's why everything is so messed up.
是的 所以这就是为什么一切都很糟糕的原因
Paul and I kind of do our own thing.
保罗和我算是比较独立的人
Don't you get any ideas.
你没有什么想法吗
How could I possibly?
我怎么可能
You gonna take off with her?
你要跟她一起走吗
You have an extra tent?
你还有帐篷吗
You'd be yelling for me
你还没有走到尽头
to come get you before you got to the end of the driveway.
你肯定就会冲着我大喊让我接你回家了
This is really good.
真好吃
Baby, baby, be my friend
宝贝 宝贝 做我朋友
So, what does this tattoo mean to you guys, anyways?
那么这个纹身对你们有什么意义呢
Well, we both just really dig horses.
只是兴趣罢了
We're getting divorced today
我们今天要离婚了
and we thought we should do something
然后我们想我们应该搞一点
that bonded us together.
能让大家联系在一起的东西
Oh.
Okay.
好吧
It hasn't occurred to you guys that it might be easierjust to stay married?
难道你们不觉得 不离婚是个更简单的办法吗
- Cheaper, too. - Mmm.
- 也更便宜 - 嗯
At least we probably won't regret it.
至少我们不会后悔
Couples don't necessarily stay married,
夫妇没必要一直在一起
but they tend to stay divorced.
都更有离婚的倾向
You get a lot of people asking you about removing tattoos?
你遇到过很多人找你洗掉纹身的嘛
Well, sometimes.
有时候吧
I cheated on him.
我出轨了
It happens.
不算罕见
She seems sorry.
她看起来很愧疚
I am sorry.
我是很愧疚
Cheryl, come on, can we just...
谢丽尔 拜托 我们能不能…
Come on, man, wipe the slate clean.
拜托 伙计 一笔勾销好了
Uh, it's quite a big slate.
呃 这笔账不算小
I cheated on him a lot of times.
我出轨很多次了
Is that right? "Stryed"?
对吧 "斯莱德"
Uh, no, it's "strayed."
呃 不是 "斯瑞德"
Like a stray dog.
发音像"流浪狗"
The form asked me what my new last name would be. I...
这张表让我填我的新姓是什么 我…
I looked it up.
我查了下
It just sounded right.
发音是对的
You're all set.
都办好了
You're going to have to mail them yourselves.
你们得把这些东西寄给自己
It's been a wonderful and crazy seven years.
这7年很快乐也很疯狂
Goodbye,
再见
Cheryl Strayed.
谢丽尔·斯瑞德
Got what you needed?
东西都带齐了吗
Yes.
Now I don't have to eat cold mush anymore.
我现在可以不用吃冷饭了
I can eat hot mush.
我可以吃热的了
There's no husband, is there?
根本就没老公这回事 对吧
No. I mean, there was,
是没有 我是说 曾经有
but he's in Minneapolis, not on the PCT.
但是他在明尼阿波利斯 没来太平洋山脊径徒步旅行
I said that 'cause I was scared of you.
我那样说是因为我害怕你
Yeah, I knew that.
是的 我知道
Can't say I blame you.
不能怪你
Do you ever think about quitting?
你就没有想过放弃吗
Oh, only once every two minutes or so.
噢 当然有每次就几分钟而已
Everything hurts. All the time.
一切都那么痛 一直以来都是
- You think I should quit? - Yes, I do.
- 你觉得我应该放弃啊 - 是的
Don't listen to me. Hell, I've quit a bunch of stuff.
别听我说 我是放弃了很多东西的人
Quit jobs, quit marriages.
放弃了工作 放弃了婚姻
I'd have quit that hike after the first day.
我其实第一天起就该放弃徒步旅行
You regret any of them?
你后悔了吗
I didn't have a choice.
我也别无他选
I just couldn't do them no more.
我只是实在做不下去了
Never been a time when there was a fork in my road.
遇到人生三岔口的时候 我总是选择放弃
Yeah.
是啊
That's about the size of it.
就看有多难选择吧
Be careful.
小心点
- All right. - Nice meeting you.
- 好的 - 很高兴认识你
Nice meeting you. Thank you, Frank!
很高兴认识你 谢谢 弗兰克
你愿意像我带你一样吗 带上我?
Yes!
太棒了
Okay.
好的
Oh, my God.
噢 天啊
Oh, my God!
噢 天啊
You're doing good, Strayed.
你做的很好 斯特雷德
Five to seven miles a day.
一天5到7英里
At this rate, you'll be finished in about 20 years.
照这样的速度 你大概要20年才能走完
I'm not hungry.
我不饿
I don't miss food.
我不想吃东西
I don't miss tacos, chips and guac.
我不想念玉米片 薯片 还有鳄梨酱
I don't miss Minneapolis snow, that's for sure.
我也不想念明尼阿波利斯的雪 这倒是真的
I don't miss margaritas.
我也不想玛格丽塔
I 'd kill a snake for a sip.
我会杀了那蛇来当小吃
It's not like I'm some junkie. I'm in control.
我不是有毒瘾的人 我可以控制的住
Yeah, like everyone is with drugs?
是的 就像所有吸毒人那样吗
I'm an experimentalist.
我是实验师
I'm the girl who says yes instead of no.
我是一个不会拒绝的人
Uh, hi!
呃 嗨
Cheryl Strayed?
谢丽尔·斯瑞德?
Oh, yeah, hi!
噢 是的 嗨
I... Do I know you?
我… 认识你吗
I... I saw your name in the trail register.
我… 在之前徒步的登记处看到你的名字了
You're the only woman in there.
你是上面唯一一个女人
Right.
I'm Greg!
我是格雷格
Nice to meet you!
很高兴见到你
I'm coming down.
我要下来了
Oh, great!
噢 好的
Sorry. I wasn't expecting any visitors.
抱歉 我没想到会有人来
So how many miles a day are you doing?
那么你一天走多远呢
I'm averaging 22 at the moment.
这几天平均22英里吧
You'll be in Kennedy Meadows by tomorrow?
那你明天就可以到肯尼迪了?
Hope so.
希望吧
I'm only managing about...
我一天大概就…
11 or 12.
11或者12英里
Uh, well, the first couple of weeks are always hard.
是啊 前几周都比较难
And you do all that preparation and training,
你要准备很多还有训练
and nothing prepares you for the pain and the heat.
但是没有东西能让你适应痛苦和炎热
Yeah, we picked the wrong year, though.
是的 虽然我们选错日子了
You, uh, bypassing the Sierra?
你是要穿越山脊吗
Sure.
是的
I'll bypass anything. Should I?
我什么都得穿越 是吧
Oh, it's completely socked in.
噢 那路被堵死了
Biggest snowfall in a decade or so.
十年会有一次强降雪
Yeah, nobody's getting through that.
是的 没有人可以翻过那儿
Say,uh...
要不…
How 'bout we make a plan up in Kennedy Meadows?
要不我们在肯尼迪梅多斯那里计划一下?
I'm... I'm staying there for a few days to rest up.
我是… 要在那边休息一两天恢复一下
Yeah.
Thanks.
谢谢
Let's make a plan. I...
一起做个计划…
Think that'd be good for me.
我觉得对我也有好处
Great.
好的
I think I'm pregnant.
我想我怀孕了
What?
什么
Who's the father?
谁是孩子他爹
I don't know.
我不知道
Imean...
我是说
I think I have an idea.
我好像有个办法了
You have an idea?
你有办法了?
Are you fucking kidding me?
你在开玩笑嘛
What are you doing to yourself?
你要对自己做什么
Can we have the check, please?
麻烦买一下单
Shit. Pregnancy test and a shovel.
该死的 验孕和铁锹
You're going to do this in front of me, and if you're pregnant,
你得在我面前做这个 如果你怀孕了
we're gonna pay visit to your "idea" and make a plan.
我们就看看你的"办法"咋样然后制定一个方案
Next please!
下一位
Give me a reason to love you
给我一个爱你的理由
This is the beginning
这永远和曾经的
Of forever and ever
开始
It's time to move over
是时候放下过去
It's all I want to be
这就是我想要的样子
Give me a reason to love you
给我一个爱你的理由
Give me a reason to be
给我一个理由…
A woman
女人
I just wanna be a woman
我只是想做个女人
There's no plan to make.
本无计划可言
I'm not gonna have this baby.
我不要这个孩子
I don't know when I became such a piece of shit.
我不知道我什么时候变成这样的人了
I was strong...
我本来很坚强的…
Responsible.
很有责任心的
I wanted things in life.
我想要充实的生活
I was good, you know?
我曾经很好的 你知道吗
I ruined my marriage,
我毁了我的婚姻
and now I'm ruining the rest of my life.
而此刻我把我的余生也毁了
I gotta go back to that store.
我要回到那间店
I'm gonna walk myself back to the woman
我要变回我妈曾经心中的
my mother thought I was.
那个女人
I'm gonna put myself in the way of beauty.
我要让自己变得漂亮起来
What the hell are you talking about?
你在说什么呢
In the way of another fucking giant rock.
又是一堆巨大的岩石
Maybe your other girlfriends
也许你另外一些女朋友们
Couldn't pass the test
没有通过检验
Come on, Bruce. Sing with me.
拜托 布鲁斯跟我唱歌
Well, if you're rough and ready for love
如果你坚强准备好了爱情
Honey, I'm tougher than...
亲爱的 我更坚强…
The rest
余生
Hey, there.
嘿 你好
There she is!
她来了
Hey!
- You made it! - I made it!
- 你成功了 - 我成功了
Okay, guys?
好了 伙计们
This is Cheryl.
这位是谢丽尔
And Monster.
还有怪兽
"Monster"?
"怪兽"?
My Pack?
我的背包吗?
Oh, man.
噢 伙计
Okay,
好吧
what can I get you?
我可以帮到你什么
Snapple. I've been dreaming of Snapple Lemonade.
饮料 我想喝柠檬水很多天了
And potato chips. Any kind of potato chips.
还有薯片啥 薯片都可以
- Any kind? - Thank you.
- 啥薯片都行?- 谢谢
- I have cash. - No, no, no! My treat.
- 我有现金 - 不用了 我请客
Ah, thank you.
谢谢
Seriously, you have no Snapple in that pack?
说真的 你背包里没有柠檬水吗
I wish!
我也希望有
Stay.
别动
- Congratulations. - Thank you.
- 恭喜 - 谢谢
I wish I'd gotten applause like that when I walked in.
我也希望我走到这里的时候 能跟你一样获得如此的喝彩
Okay! I know they said don't feed the animals,
好吧 他们说不要喂动物
but I figured this would be a special occasion.
但我想这应该不算是的吧
One Snapple and chips.
柠檬水和薯片
Ah! That's perfect.
太完美了
When you're done here, Ed over there
等你吃喝完了 艾德在那边
will cook you dinner down at the campsite.
会在营地给你做晚餐的
That would be amazing.
那太好了
Thank you.
谢谢你
Ed is amazing. We call him Amazing Ed.
艾德很棒的 我们都叫他棒棒艾德
Sweetheart.
亲爱的
If you're reading this, then you've walked 100 miles
如果你在读这个 那说明你已经在莫哈韦沙漠
through the Mojave Desert.
走了100英里了
Whatever else has happened between us,
我们之间发生的任何事情
however angry we are, or were, at each other,
惹怒了我们 或者 说曾经惹怒了彼此
I am so proud of you and in awe of you.
但我以你为荣也敬畏你
Or, I will be, once you've done it.
或者 说我会敬畏你 一旦你成功后
As I write, you've only just left,
我在写这封信的时候 你才刚刚出发
so actually, you've done almost nothing at all.
实际上你就还没走多远
Like me!
像我一样
So we can still be friends.
所以我们还可以是朋友
Minneapolis misses you.
明尼阿波利斯市想你了
Hey, Cheryl!
嘿 谢丽尔
- Come and get it! - Okay, great!
- 过来吃 - 好的 很好
So you're not a hiker?
这么说你不是一个徒步者?
Not like you.
不像你一样
I just come up here every summer
我就是每个夏天
to hang out with the real hikers.
过来这里和真正的徒步者一起玩
You fascinate me.
你吸引住我了
I'm not a real hiker.
我不是一个真正的徒步者
You just hiked 100 miles through the desert heat.
你已经穿越了100英里的沙漠热带区
And it nearly killed me.
而也差点因此丧命
You want some help?
你需要帮助吗
Do I look like somebody who needs help?
我看起来像需要帮助的人吗
Your boots. They're too small.
你的鞋子太小了
That's why you're losing toenails.
所以你的指甲才掉了
Yeah. You're right.
是的 你说的对
I only just realized it the second you said that.
你不说我还没意识到这一点
I thought they were supposed to hurt that bad.
我以为徒步就该这么痛苦呢
What am I supposed to do?
那我应该怎么办
I don't have any money to buy new boots.
我也没有钱买新鞋子了
- Did you get them at REI? - Yeah.
- 这是之前在户外用品商店买的吗 - 是的
Well, you call 'em,
那么 你跟他们打电话
you tell 'em, and they'll have new boots
告诉他们 他们就会把鞋子
sent to your next stop.
送到你的下一站
- Seriously? - Mmm.
- 真的吗 - 嗯
And your pack, ifsinsane.
你的背包 太恐怖了
We need to do a little pruning.
我们得精简一下
Okay, so I'm gonna pick out
好吧 我要把一些
the stuff that's useless to you.
你用不到的东西拿出来
And you can leave it in the free box
然后你就放在
unless you can give me a good reason
那个不用的箱子里除非你能给我一个理由
why you need it with you.
你能用到它的地方
- Okay - Okay?
- 好吗 - 好的
Ah, how's this working for you?
这个对你有什么用
I stink.
我常出臭汗
I stink all the time. And my armpits are the least of it.
我总是出臭汗腋窝就让人受不了了
Are you having much fun with these?
你还有闲情玩这些?
I've never used them once.
我还从没用过
I don't know what I was thinking with the saw.
我不知道我要锯子干什么
You burning what you read?
你烧了书吗?
You want me to burn books?
你想要我把书烧掉?
I know you're not gonna become a Nazi, I promise you.
反正你不会成为纳粹 我保证
But you are gonna make your pack a lot lighter.
不过你的背包会轻很多
Okay? So... Everything before Kennedy Meadows...
知道吗?去肯尼迪梅多斯之前…
Wait. Not those.
等下 这些不可以
These will never be burned.
这些会烧掉的
It's your weight.
随便你
I don't take pictures at night.
晚上我不会拍照的
Never.
没用过
You... You need the whole roll?
你 你这要用这么多吗?
What woman goes on a hike and brings 12 condoms.
有哪个女人远足还要带12个避孕套的
HeY.Ed!
嘿 艾德
Wait just a minute.
稍等一下
But you'll just send the boots there?
不过你得寄双鞋子到那儿
I don't have to do anything?
我就不做什么了
Thank you so much.
非常感谢你
You will be my favorite company forever and ever.
你永远都是我最好的伴侣
Okay.
好的
Great.
太好了
So what's wrong with James Michener?
詹姆斯 麦切纳怎么了?
He's crap is what's wrong.
他太多废话了
And which of his books have you read that are so...
他的书你也看过 太…
I haven't read any of his books.
我没有看过他的书
I read things like Adrienne Rich
我一般读艾德丽安·里奇
and Flannery O'Connor.
还有弗兰纳里·奥康纳的
Which you do, too, now, by the way.
你不也读过嘛
Doesn't it make a difference to you?
对你没有什么影响吗?
Um... I don't know what to say.
呃 我不知道怎么说
I love James Michener!
我喜欢詹姆斯·麦切纳
And I'm not going to stop loving him!
我会永远爱着他的
It must be so weird for you.
你一定觉得很奇怪
What?
什么?
That I'm just so much more sophisticated than you were
我经历的事比你经历的多得多
at my age, you know?
在我这个年纪 你知道吗?
Yeah, that was the plan.
嗯 就是这么打算的
What was the plan?
什么打算?
I always wanted you to be more sophisticated than me.
我一直都想让你比我经历更丰富
I just didn't realize it would hurt sometimes.
我只是没有想到有时候会受伤
Why do you put up with my crap?
你为什么容忍我?
You look so pretty in that dress.
你穿这条裙子很漂亮
And I'll make you another one soon.
等下我再给你买一条
What'd you decide about the snow?
要是下雪你打算怎么办?
Well, I'd like to push on, if it's possible.
如果可能的话我要奋力前进
Well, Ed told me a lot of the hikers
艾德跟我说很多背包客
went up the PCT another 40 miles to Trail Pass.
去一个离太平洋山脊径40英里的地方
- Yeah? - And that's where they're getting forced off
- 是吗?- 他们因为大雪不得不在那里…
by the snow.
改变路线
And they're catching a bus up to Reno and on to Truckee,
然后坐巴士去里诺和特拉基
just, rejoining the trail at a lower elevation.
再回到主干道
I didn't come out here to ride buses.
我来这儿不是坐巴士的
You probably didn't come out here
你也有可能还没到
to slide off the side of a mountain, either.
就滑到山脚下了
True.
没错
If you're worried about cheating yourself,
如果你还在为你自己的错忧虑的话
just make your hike longer.
你可以再走久一点
You know, just, uh, walk to Mount Hood
你知道 呃 你可以去胡德山
or the Bridge of the Gods.
或者众神之桥
The Bridge of the Gods?
众神之桥?
I like the sound of that.
这个名字不错
Either way, don't beat yourself up.
不管怎样 你都别自责了
You, uh, you strike me as someone
你给我的感觉就是
who's done plenty of that already.
你已经很了不起了
Can I ride my horse?
我可以骑一下我的马吗?
Bobbi Grey?
芭比·格雷?
I'm sorry.
不好意思
- How long? - Can I ride my horse?
- 多久了?- 我还可以骑马吗?
We'll be giving you radiation
我们会通过放射线
to shrink the size of the tumors along your spine.
将你脊柱边的肿瘤缩小
The slightestjolt, it could crumble.
哪怕一点点摇晃都有可能扩散
How long?
要多久?
You all right, honey?
你没事吧?宝贝
Yeah, I'm fine.
嗯 我很好
Hi, this is Paul.
嗨我是保罗
Leave a message and I'll call you back whenever I can.
请留言我会尽快回复
Hey, sorry to call so late.
嘿 抱歉这么晚打电话给你
Thank you.
谢谢
I'm in Reno. If you were here, we could get divorced again.
我在里诺 如果你在这儿的话我们可以再离一次婚
Um...
Anyway, I... I'm still alive.
不管怎样 我 我还活着
And that's all my news.
没什么别的好消息
And the sum total of what I've learned on my hike.
这也是我远足时学到的全部东西
Okay. Bye.
好的 再见
Hi. I'm Cheryl.
嘿 我是谢丽尔
I'm an unaccompanied female hitchhiker.
我是个没有伴侣的搭便车的女人
Would it be okay if I got into your car
要是我上了你的车你要强奸我
so that you can rape and dismember me?
或是肢解我也没有关系
Hey, going north?
嘿 你要向北走吗?
Yeah, I am, actually.
是的 当然
Okay, I just need a ride about 12 miles up.
我想坐个12英里的顺风车
- Well, that's quite a backpack you got there. - Thanks.
- 哦 你的背包还真大 - 谢谢
I can't offer you a ride because I don't have any room.
我不能带上你 因为我的车没有那么多空位了
What do you mean?
什么意思?
Yeah, I'm packed to the gills.
我的车已经塞满了
Jimmy Carter.
吉米·卡特
No relation.
不过没关系
I interview hobos for the Hobo Times. Drive all over the USA.
我为《流浪时代》采访了很多流浪汉 走遍了美国大街小巷
And I have to tell you. Lady hobos? Hard to find.
我跟你说 流浪女 可是很难找的
I think you're mistaken. I'm not a hobo.
首先你搞错了 我不是流浪汉
Second of all, that's a real thing, the Hobo Times?
其次《流浪时代》是真的吗?
Yeah, it's real enough to pay for my rent and gas.
绝对是千真万确
So, how long have you been out on the road?
你在这路上出来多长时间了?
I'm not "on the road." I'm hiking the Pacific Crest Trail.
我不是"在路上" 我在太平洋山脊径徒步旅行
I just had to bypass a chunk of it
我只是要绕过那里
because there was a snowfall this year.
因为今年那儿要雪崩
Okay, so if you're not a hobo, where do you live?
如果你不是流浪汉 那你住在哪里?
I'm between places right now.
我现在没有地方住
I'm probably going to live in Portland when I get off the PCT.
等我徒步旅行完了后我可能去波特兰住
This is so fucking cool. I mean...
这太爽了
I've only spoken to maybe one other female hobo in two years.
上一次跟一个流浪女聊天都是两年前的事了
Let me reiterate to you, lam not a hobo.
我再说一遍 我不是流浪女
And that's probably because women cannot walk out of their lives.
可能是因为女人没法走出她们的生活圈
They've got kids to take care of,
他们要照顾孩子
they've got parents to look after.
还要照顾父母
You sound like a feminist.
你听起来像个女权主义者
I am.
没错
That's excellent. That's fantastic. I love feminists.
太好了 太棒了 我喜欢女权主义者
So you're trying to tell me you're not a hobo,
你一直说你不是流浪女
so that means you have a job then, right?
那你有工作吗?
I've had a whole lot of different jobs.
我做过很多不同的工作
Up until a couple of years ago, I was studying.
几年前我在读书
I hope you don't think this is too personal,
我希望你不要觉得我在问你私人问题
but I've noticed it's often personal trauma
但我发现很多人心灵受到创伤后
that forces people out of their life
就会想着逼自己走出他们的生活
and into the hobo life. Would you say that's been the case for you?
过着流浪汉的生活 你觉得你也是这样吗?
This is my life. I'm just taking a little time out.
这就是我的生活 我只想出来透透气
This is not a hobo life.
这不是流浪生活
I don't know what else to tell you.
我不知道还要怎么跟你说
- Can I get a shot? - No! That...
- 我可以拍张照吗?- 不行 那…
Yeah, this should be in the fall issue.
这可能要到秋季期刊的时候出来
A couple of my pieces have been in some other magazines.
我还有其他杂志
Harper's has expressed interest.
《哈珀家》很有趣
Harper's?
《哈珀家》
It's a New York magazine.
是纽约的杂志
Pretty swanky, kind of a big deal...
非常时尚很受欢迎…
Yeah, I know what Harper's is.
我知道什么是《哈珀家》
I want to write for Harper's one day.
我想在《哈珀家》上发表文章
I don't really feel like being their centerfold Bum of the Month.
但我不想成为它的中间插页
What's this?
这是什么?
Hobo care package. Thanks a lot!
流浪者爱心包 谢谢
Hmm.
What's your dog's name?
你的狗叫什么名字?
Stevie Ray. Got him the day he died.
史蒂夫·雷 在得到这只狗的时候死了
The other Stevie Ray, I mean.
我是说另外一个史蒂夫·雷
I love Stevie Ray.
我喜欢这个名字
Hey, put on Love Struck.
嘿 放《被爱击中》
Just came to me the second you got in this car.
你上车朝我走来的时候
Oh, shut up, Spider! Jesus!
闭嘴 蜘蛛 天啊
Ignore him. He's nothing but a horny old bastard.
别理他 他只不过是个淫荡的老王八蛋
You must be pretty tough, hiking this fucking trail.
你一定过很辛苦吧 要在这徒步旅行
I'm in a car with you, taking a ride.
我搭上你的顺风车了
That's not very tough.
不是很辛苦
That's a cute little boy. How old is he?
那个小男孩真可爱 多大了?
He was eight.
他8岁的时候死了
I'm so sorry.
我很遗憾
He got hit by a truck when he was riding his bike.
他在骑自行车的时候被货车撞到了
Five years ago.
5年前的事
He was a tough motherfucker, too. Just like his mom.
他也是个坚强的孩子 就像他妈妈一样
I'm really sorry.
我很遗憾
I know you are, sweetheart.
我懂 亲爱的
I was never me.
这不可能
Don't. Okay? Don't. It's not over.
不要这样 好吗?不是没得救
We're gonna find somebody who can help you
我们会找到
and we are gonna fight this!
能够帮你的人我们会打败它的
I was always...
我一直都是…
A mother or a wife.
一个好母亲或好妻子
I was never even in the driver's seat of my own life.
我这一生连车都没开过
I thought there was so much time, you know?
我以为还有很多时间
And just when...
而刚刚那一刻…
So many things were beginning.
很多事都开始了
on, well!
没事
You've got to be kidding me.
不会吧
Hang on.
坚持住
All right.
好了
I surely would...
我一定能…
Can you stop humming that song?
你能不能别哼那首歌了
Happy people sing!
人一高兴就会唱歌
Shut up.
闭嘴
I'm sitting in the railway station
我坐在火车站
Got a ticket for my destination
买了一张车票去往我的终点
The sun is right behind my back
太阳正好在我背后
So true north should be over there
所以正北方向应该在那边
I will not lose this fucking track
我不会迷路的
Or I'll end up in Delaware
我的终点是特拉华州
Portland bound
波特兰
I hope I am Portland bound
我希望我是波特兰人
Hey!
Hey!
Where am I?
这是哪里?
California!
加利福尼亚
Fucking hilarious.
真滑稽
Plumas County!
普卢默斯县
Are you lost?
你是不是迷路了?
No!
没有
Just screwed.
只是偏离计划了
Hey, beauty.
嘿 美女
Hey, my Lady.
嘿 我的宝贝
She saved my life.
她救了我的命
You know, after I left your dad.
在我离开你爸的时候
I know.
我知道
I'm not going to make you promise anything.
我不会让你保证什么的
This is hard enough on you as it is.
你已经过得够艰难了
Just please try and do the kindest thing.
试试做一件最好的事
Come back!
过来
Come back.
过来
Come back!
过来
Here you go. This should keep you warm.
好了 这样应该暖和些
I'll be back in the morning with Leif.
明天早上我跟列夫一起过来
I love you.
我爱你
You're the center of me.
你是我的中心
Everything I am.
你是我的一切
Love.
Love.
How's she doing?
她怎么样了?
The doctor said it would be a year.
医生说只能活一年
It's been a month. One fucking month!
也可能该死的只有一个月
I'm sorry.
我很遗憾
I'll pray for her.
我会为她祈祷的
Fucking Saint Patrick.
该死的圣帕特里克
Go to hell, all you saints.
去死吧 你们这些圣人
Thank you, God, for showing me the way.
感谢上帝为我指路
As if He gives a shit.
好像一点也没用
I'm sorry, but God is a ruthless bitch.
对不起 不过上帝就是个无情的贱货
Yeah, well, I really need him.
对 我要找他
It's urgent. Tell him to get the fuck home.
情况很紧急 叫他快点回家
Where the fuck have you been?
你去哪里了?
I've been at the hospital all day! She's dying.
我一天都在医院 她快死了
- Don't say that! - You understand that?
- 别这么说 - 你知道吗?
- She can't die. - She can. She is dying.
- 她不会死的 - 会的 她就快死了
Stop it!
闭嘴
She can't die.
她不会死的
There was Killer, and Doobie.
基勒和杜比
Doo-bie!
杜比
And Motorcycle Dan.
摩托哥 丹
Motorcycle Dan...wow!
摩托哥 丹 哇
I wanted to be like that guy.
我想成为那样的人
And Nipper.
还有尼佩尔
"If you press your face against the glass...
"倘若你把脸靠着玻璃…"
"...you can see a little slice of Lake Superior."
"你会看到一小块苏必略湖"
A room with a view.
看得见风景的房间
She said.
她说的
All my life, I've always wanted a room with a view.
我的一生 一直都想要一间看得见风景的房间
Jesus, she just never stops.
天啊 她就没有停过
The past few years, I've acted like she was nothing to me.
过去几年里 我一直都不在乎她
But...
但是…
...really, she was everything.
她真的是我们的一切
What are you doing?
你在干什么?
Praying.
祈祷
Shut up.
闭嘴
I'm praying to the whole fucking universe...
我在对整个宇宙祈祷…
...hoping there's a God.
希望那里有上帝
Because I want a miracle. I want a fucking miracle!
因为我想要奇迹想让奇迹发生
Our mother isn't going to die at 45.
我们的妈妈不会45岁就死了
Are you burning and yearning?
是否在苦苦等待?
Do you ever feel blue?
你感觉到沮丧了吗?
And do you think of returning?
可曾考虑过回来?
How's the world treating you?
世界待你如何?
I can't wait to see her face.
我迫不及待想看她的表情了
She'll be so happy to see you.
她看到你肯定会很开心的
So happy to see you...
看到你会很开心…
How much do I love you?
我有多爱你?
No.
不是
This much?
这么多?
This much?
这么多?
This much?
这么多?
This much?
这么多?
I'm stuck! I can't go wider.
我被卡住了 不能再宽了
I can't go wider!
不能再宽了
How's the world treating you?
世界待你如何?
请在进前联系护士
We put ice on her eyes.
我们把冰放在她有的眼睛上
What?
什么?
She wanted to donate her corneas, so...
她想捐献眼角膜 所以…
Oh, my God.
我的天啊
Fuck you, bitch!
见鬼
What the fuck do you want?
你想要什么?
Fuck you, let's go.
见鬼 走吧
I'd rather be a sparrow
我宁可当麻雀
than a snail
也不当蜗牛
Yes, I would
我宁愿如此
If I could
如果我能够
I surely would
我当然愿意
I'd rather be a hammer than a nail
我宁可当铁锤也不当铁钉
Yes, I would
我宁愿如此
Ow.
I'd rather be a forest than a street
我宁可当森林也不当街道
If I could
如果可以
If I only could
若我能做到
I surely would
我当然愿意
I surely would
我当然愿意
Fuck it.
见鬼
Can you stop humming that song?
你能不能别哼那首歌了?
What is wrong with you?
你怎么回事?
I don't know. What's wrong with you?
我不知道 你怎么了?
I'm happy. Happy people sing!
我很开心人 一开心就会唱歌
Why are you happy? We have nothing, Mom. Nothing.
你为什么开心?我们一无所有 妈妈
We're rich in love.
我们充满了爱
Oh, my God, please.
我的天啊 拜托
Don't even start with that.
别提什么爱了
We're both waitressing full-time.
我们都是服务员
We're students.
我们是学生
We'll have loans the rest of our lives. This house...
我们这一辈子都在欠债这个房子…
...is falling apart. You're all by yourself
就快散架了 这都要怪你
because you married some abusive alcoholic asshole.
因为你嫁了一个酒鬼
And I come home and you're singing?
我一回来你居然还唱歌?
What part of it do you not get?
你到底还有哪里不明白的?
There's nothing I don't get, believe me.
没有什么我不明白的 相信我
But then what?
但是那又能怎样?
Cheryl, if there's one thing I could teach you...
谢丽尔 我唯一能教你的就是
It's how to find your best self.
如何发现最好的自己
And when you do, how to hold onto it for dear life.
等你发现了怎样拼命的把握住它
And this is your best self.
这就是最好的你
I'm trying.
我在努力
Do I regret marrying an abusive alcoholic asshole?
我后悔嫁给一个酒鬼吗?
No.
不后悔
Not for a second. Because I got you.
一点也不后悔 因为我有你
And your brother.
还有你弟弟
See how it works?
知道为什么吗?
It isn't easy...
这一点也不简单…
But it's worth it.
但是很值得
There's going to be a lot worse days than this.
还有比今天更糟糕的事
And you can let them kill you...
你可以让他们杀了你…
But, I don't know... I want to live.
但是 我不知道 我想活着
"I want to live."
"我想活着"
You couldn't even stick around
你甚至不能徘徊不前
and enjoy your miserable happy life.
你要享受你的人生
I think you have packages for me? My name is Cheryl Strayed.
这里应该由我的包裹 我叫谢丽尔·斯特雷德
New boots from REV?
是新鞋吗?
Yes.
是的
How far did you walk in those?
穿着那双鞋你走了多远
About 50 miles. You sure there's not another package?
大概50英里 你确定没有其他包裹了吗?
I'm sure. And, lady, if you walked 50 miles
我确定 美女 如果你贴着胶带
in duct tape, you got the right package.
走了50英里 那这个肯定是你的包裹
It's two bucks for the Snapple.
斯纳普饮料2块钱
I'll pass.
那我不要了
Thanks.
谢谢
You like my shoes?
你们喜欢我的鞋吗?
Dearest Cheryl, you made it halfway.
最亲爱的谢丽尔 你成功了一半了
Six-hundred miles. Damn!
600英里 天啊
I ran into Aimee. She said you were making your hike longer.
我遇到艾米了 她说你打算走的更远
Did you decide where you'll finish?
你决定在哪里结束了吗?
Let me know, I'll send a tube of foot cream.
要告诉我哦 我会寄一管护足霜给你
I'm sorry if I cut you short on the phone before you left.
很抱歉在你离开之前我挂了你的电话
I still resent you, I guess.
我估计 我还是很恨你
The funny thing is...
有趣的是…
...hell, I'll admit it...
见鬼 我承认…
...I miss you.
我很想你
Be sure to take plenty of water with you for the trail.
你要多带点水旅行
There's a water tank 20 miles up, right?
20英里那有个水缸 对吧?
Yep. But it's way over 100 degrees out there.
但是外面气温超过38度
That's a lot of sweat.
会出很多汗
Okay. Thanks.
好的 谢谢
Howdy.
你好
You should have something for Stacey Johnson.
你这有史黛丝·约翰逊的东西吧
I'll go check.
我找找看
Hey, are you hiking the PCT?
嘿 你是来徒步旅行的吗?
Yeah.
是的
Are you?
你呢?
You're a woman!
你是个女人
You come across a guy named Greg?
你遇到过一个叫格雷格的人吗?
Yeah. A while ago, at Kennedy Meadows...
遇到过 前一阵子 在肯尼迪梅多斯的时候…
...when I knew even less than I do now.
当时我还有很多不懂呢
Well, he quit.
他放弃了
What? Greg?
什么?格雷格?
He couldn't deal with the snow. He's coming back next year.
他搞不定雪山 他明年再来
Wow.
Greg quit and I'm still here?
格雷格都放弃了我却还在?
Cheers to that.
干杯
You get lonely?
你觉得孤单吗?
Honestly, I think I'm lonelier in my real life than out here.
说实话 我觉得我平时比这儿还孤单
Yes, I miss my friends, of course, but...
当然 我也想我的朋友 不过…
...it's not like anybody's waiting for me at home.
家里没有人等我了
How about you? Why are you here?
你呢?你为什么来这里?
I don't know. I just need to find something in myself, you know?
我不知道 我只想证明自己
I think the trail is good for that.
我觉得徒步旅行很好
I mean, look.
你看啊
This has the power to fill you up again if you let it.
这样能让你重新充满能量
My mother used to say something that drove me nuts.
我妈妈一起经常说一些让我抓狂的话
"There's a sunrise and a sunset every day...
"每天太阳都会升起和落下…"
"...and you can choose to be there for it.
你可以选择你想要的
"You can put yourself in the way of beauty."
"你也可以好好享受美好"
My kind of woman.
我就是这样的女人
She was the love of my life. There's nothing else...
她曾经是我生命中的挚爱 没有其他…
...to say.
想说的了
I thought there'd be couches and Kleenex and shit.
我以为这里会有沙发纸巾什么的
That's 5O-bucks-an-hour therapy.
那是50块钱一小时的治疗
This is 10-bucks-an-hour therapy.
而这儿每小时只收10块
Why were you destroyed by your mother's death?
为什么你妈妈的死影响了你?
Is that your job? To tell the bereaved they're grieving too much?
这就是你的工作吗?问失去亲人的人有多悲伤吗?
People grieve in all sorts of different ways. I'm asking about yours.
人们的悲伤分很多种 现在我在问你的
Is mine so bad?
我的是不是很糟糕?
You're using heroin and having sex with anyone who asks.
你现在吸毒又跟别人乱搞
I'm not sure these things are making you happy.
我不知道这些事能让你开心吗?
That's where you're wrong.
这就是你的错误所在
When I'm doing them, I feel good and happy.
我做这些事时 我感觉很好也很开心
When I'm not, I feel like I want to die.
如果不做的话 我会觉得想死
You sleep with your husband, too?
你也跟你老公一起睡吗?
No, I'm sort of like a guy about sex. I prefer to be detached.
没有 我只找炮友 我更喜欢一个人生活
You think that's what guys are like?
你觉得那些人是怎样的?
"You are here"?
"你在这"?
I see that poster everywhere, and I fucking hate it.
到处都看到这张海报 我很讨厌它
Why would you ever teach a child they don't matter?
为什么要教孩子这些无关紧要的东西?
Did you feel you mattered?
你觉得你重要吗?
I know I mattered.
我知道我很重要
So who detached from you?
你跟谁分了?
Right. You know what?
你知道吗?
This is not going to work. This is not about talking.
这根本就没效果 也根本就不是什么谈话
"You want a knuckle sandwich?"
"你想吃拳头吗?"
You want a knuckle sandwich?
"你想吃拳头吗?"
You want a knuckle sandwich?
"你想吃拳头吗?"
Go, go, go! Go get in the car.
走 快走 快上车
Get in the car.
上车
Get the fuck out of here!
快给我滚出去
Fucking whore!
去你的贱货
I'm going to kill you!
我要杀了你
I'll kick your ass with my new boots, you fucking asshole.
我要用我的新鞋踢死你 你这个王八蛋
Thank you, baby.
谢谢宝贝
"Eggs and bacon."
"鸡蛋和培根"
You want some eggs and bacon?
你想吃鸡蛋和培根吗?
Baby?
宝贝?
No more rain, no more pain.
雨过天晴 痛苦必停
"Even a child with normal feet was in love with the world...
"当一个平凡的孩子有了一双新鞋后…"
"...after he had got a new pair of shoes."
"他会爱上这个世界"
Flannery O'Connor.
弗兰纳里·奥康纳
And Cheryl Strayed.
和谢雨尔·斯特雷德
The ashes of a body aren't really like ashes from a fire.
骨灰跟普通的灰不太一样
Soft and silky, they're more like...
柔软又细滑 它们就像…
...pale pebbles mixed with a gritty gray gravel.
白色和灰色的砂砾混合物
I spread most of them around her grave.
我把她大部分骨灰撒在她的坟墓周围
But some of the larger chunks...
而那些大块一点的…
...I put in my mouth...
我放到嘴里…
...and I swallowed whole.
全部吞下去了
Then I moved to Portland...
然后搬去了波特兰…
...with crazy Joe.
我和疯狂的乔
The first time I smoked heroin...
我第一次吸毒的时候…
...I laughed like a child...
我笑得像个孩子
...and twirled around in my mother's jewelry box.
跟着我妈妈的首饰盒一起转动
Then we snorted it.
然后我们把毒品吸掉了
But we were never going to shoot it.
不过我们绝不注射毒品
Never.
绝不
The first time I shot up, I begged.
第一次注射 是我恳求的
More, more, more!
再来点 再来点
How do you like it, how do you like it?
你喜欢吗?你喜欢吗?
The day after my birthday...
我生日第二天…
...a man asked me for money.
有个男人抢了我的钱
That's what I want
那是我想要的
A week after that...
一个星期后…
...somebody finally wished me happy birthday.
有人跟我说生日快乐
Heroin? Of all the stupid, selfish things!
海洛因?愚蠢自私的东西
Why are you doing this to yourself?
你为什么要这样糟蹋自己?
Don't you fucking touch me!
你别碰我
Don't play this game!
别跟我玩什么把戏
Why did you even come? I didn't ask you to!
你为什么要过来?我又没叫你过来
You just want to be the hero!
你只想做个英雄
Yeah, maybe!
是啊
Why did you come here?
你为什么要过来?
Because!
因为
Just because.
没有理由
Fuck it.
该死的
Where is this fucking tank?
该死的水缸在哪里?
No.
不要
No!
不要
Shit.
见鬼
Don't fucking die here.
不要死在这里
Thirty minutes.
30分钟
Fucking iodine pills.
该死的碘药片
You got any water?
你有水吗?
I'd give you some of mine, but it's not ready.
我也想给你们不过还没有净化好
It takes about half an hour... with an iodine pill.
要等半个小时 里面放了碘药片
But you have to filter it first.
不过你们得先过滤
We don't have a filter.
我们没有过滤器
You can use mine.
你们可以用我的
Do you have a bottle?
你们有瓶子吗?
Got an empty beer can.
有个空啤酒瓶
Okay.
What are you doing out here?
你来这里干什么?
Hiking the PCT.
徒步太平洋山脊径
So how can we kill the time?
那我们该怎么打发时间?
I can think of some ways.
我想到一些方法了
She's got a real nice figure, doesn't she?
她的身材很好哦 不是吗?
I have to get going.
我得走了
Sit down. We're just messing with your head.
坐吧我们只会搞乱你的头发
We need to get going, too.
我们也得走了
Thank you much.
非常感谢你
Yeah.
Thought you were heading out.
还以为你走了呢
I changed my mind.
我改变主意了
Tried to trick us?
想骗我们?
No, I changed my mind.
不是 我改变主意了
Changed your clothes, too.
还换了衣服
I like your pants.
我喜欢你的裤子
They look good on you.
你穿着很漂亮
Show off your hips and legs and tight little ass.
露出你的屁股和腿来
Please don't say that.
别这么说
Can't a guy give a girl a compliment anymore?
不能称赞一下美女吗?
Thank you.
谢谢
What the hell are you doing?
你到底在搞什么鬼?
I thought you were lost. Get your ass over here, let's go!
我还以为你失踪了呢 快给我过来
Here's to a young girl alone in the woods.
这是敬一个树林里的单身女孩
欢迎来到俄勒冈 5号州际公路 28 悦湖 51 华盛顿的边境 498 加拿大边境 962
Hello, Oregon cow.
你好 俄勒冈州奶牛
可我还有很多承诺亟待兑现 路漫漫兮我无心睡眠
∮ Look out of any window ∮
∮ Any morning, any evening ∮
∮ Any day ∮
∮ Maybe the sun is shining ∮
∮ Birds are winging ∮
∮ Rain is falling from a heavy sky ∮
∮ What do you want me to do ∮
∮ To do for you to see you through... ∮
That shade looks nice on you.
这个眼影很适合你
Oh, you think?
真的吗?
Oh, my...
噢 天啊
Do you mind if I say something?
你介意我说一件事吗?
Sure.
说吧
The nicest lipstick in the world can't help a girl
如果一个女孩不注意她的个人卫生
if she doesn't take care of her personal hygiene.
那最好的唇膏也救不了她
I've every intention of taking care of that.
我已经很注意了
It really needs to be a priority, sweetie.
我真觉得这很重要 亲爱的
Hey.
Hey.
I, uh... I work at a music club down the street.
我在大街下面的一个俱乐部工作
We're honoring Jerry Garcia tonight.
我们今晚要纪念杰瑞·加西亚
- You should come along. - Oh.CooL
- 你可以过来看看 - 太好了
What's your name?
你叫什么名字?
Cheryl.
谢丽尔
Don't worry, I don't bite.
别担心 我不会咬你的
I don't mind biting.
我不介意你咬我
Oh, my God. I can't believe I just said that.
哦 天啊 我竟然说出这种话
I'm so sorry. I've been on my own for a little while.
不好意思 我这段时间都是我自己一个人
Not that I'm "on my own." I've been in a lot of relationships before.
不是说"我是单身"我之前也有过很多段感情
I've just been hiking on my own for a while.
我只是出来远行一段时间
Look, I'm gonna put your name on the guest list.
那我把你的名字加到客户名单上去
Hope to see you later.
希望晚上能见到你
Hi, honey.
嗨 亲爱的
Here is your Ashland box.
这是你的亚什兰箱子
Enjoy some well-deserved rest, but don't overdo it, okay?
好好享受一下你的休假 但是别玩过火了好吗?
Still a lot to hike, no?
还有很多地方要走
I had said you can quit anytime.
我说过你随时可以退出
But I take it back.
不过我要收回这句话
Call me when you get to the finish line.
等你弄完了打电话给我
Love and kisses, Aimee.
爱你 亲亲 艾米
∮ As it were your own ∮
∮ It's a hand-me-down ∮
∮ The thoughts are broken ∮
∮ Perhaps they're better ∮
∮ Left unsung ∮
∮ I don't know ∮
∮ I don't really care ∮
Do I know you?
我认识你吗?
Thanks.
谢谢
∮ Let there be song ∮
∮ To fill the air ∮
∮ Ripple in still water ∮
∮ When there is no pebble tossed ∮
∮ Nor wind to blow ∮
Dear Paul,
亲爱的保罗
I woke up this morning and wrote your name in the sand.
我今天早上醒来在沙滩上写了你的名字
I've done that on every beach I've been on ever since I met you.
自从认识你后我会在每个沙滩上写你的名字
But I'm not going to do it again.
不过我再也不会这样了
I'm ready to move on.
我要放下过去
Baby, baby, be my friend
宝贝 宝贝 我的朋友
I have only another 300 miles left to walk.
我只有300英里的路要走了
I'm desperate for it to be over.
我很想走完它
But I'm terrified, too.
但是我也很害怕
When I'm done...
等我走完了…
...I'll only have two dimes to my name.
我只有两毛钱了
But I'll have to start living.
但我还是得开始生活
And I'm nowhere near ready.
我已经走了很远很远
Please! Sir, wait!
请等一下 先生
I just closed.
我刚关门了
I think you have a package for me in there?
里面有个包裹是我的
Could it wait until tomorrow?
可以等明天再拿吗?
It has fresh clothes and food, and batteries I need.
里面有衣服和食物还有电池
Okay.
好吧
If you'll have a drink with me later.
不过你等下要跟我一起喝酒
Sure.
没问题
There you go, good-looking.
给你美女
Thanks.
谢谢
- You like punch? - Hmm?
- 你喜欢宾治酒吗?- 嗯
I make a good one. I throw every liquor I can find into a bucket
我做得很好喝 只要我能买到的酒 我就会放进酒桶里
and I pour a couple of cans of juice on top.
然后在上面放几罐果汁
Sounds good.
听着不错啊
- Cheryl? - Yeah.
- 谢丽尔?- 对
- Oh, my God. We're closed, guys.
- 我的天啊 - 我们关门了 小伙子
- "If your nerve deny you... " - ...go above your nerve."
- "如果你的勇气抛弃你" - "那就超越你的勇气"
- Emily Dickinson. - Yes.
- 艾米莉·迪金森 - 是的
"I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep."
"可我还有许多承诺亟待兑现 路漫漫兮无心睡眠"
Walt Whitman?
是沃尔特·惠特曼说的?
No, that was Robert Frost.
不是是罗伯特·弗罗斯特
The Whitman was, "Be curious, notjudgmental."
惠特曼说的是 "要有好奇心 但别太挑剔"
Yes.
"God is a ruthless bitch." You left the name off.
"上帝是个无情的贱货" 是你说的吗
- That one was me. - You're our hero.
- 这句是我说的 - 你是我们的英雄
Okay, fellas, I'm shutting up now.
好了 各位 我要关门了
We just wanted to pick up our post?
我们想拿包裹
No. I'm sorry. lakeadyreopened for the young lady here.
不行 很抱歉 我已经给这个美女开过一次了
And I'm not gonna reopen again.
我不会再开一次了
But you wouldn't really have to reopen
但你其实不用再开一次
because you haven't closed yet.
因为你还没有关门
And their packages are right there.
他们的包裹就在那儿
It's such a miserable night.
今晚是个悲惨的夜晚
Whatever's in them is gonna make the night just that much better.
不管里面有什么 都会让他们好过一点
Do you mind?
麻烦找一下吧?
That your horse?
那是你的马?
If you want to take her out in the morning, she could do with it.
要是你明天早上想带她走的话 尽管拿去吧
Hey, so the campsite, is it left? Left, right?
嘿 营地 在左边 还是右边?
Yeah.
Good night! I'll see you in the morning.
晚安 我们明天早上见
Oh.
Number one and number two.
一瓶两瓶
Just a little. Just a little.
一点点 一点点就好了
Wonderful!
太好了
So, Cheryl, how do you deal with
谢丽尔 你自己一个人
being on your own all the time?
是怎么做到的?
I mean, we're with each other and we're still sick of ourselves.
我们几个人一起都已经很恼火了
Mmm-hmm.
No. I've been to most of the places in my head that
没有其实很多地方我也不想去的
I didn't want to go to, but I feel like there's
但我觉得一定有一两个原因
one or two that, for whatever reason, I just...
不管是什么原因 我…
I hear you.
我明白你的意思
There's a few girlfriends that I'm in no hurry to think about again.
有几个女朋友 我再也不会考虑了
I think I know exactly who you're talking about. Right?
我好像知道你在说谁了
I don't want to talk about this right now.
我现在不想说这个
Not again! Good night!
不要有下次了 晚安
Just please try to do the kindest thing.
试试做一件最好的事
We don't have to do this.
我们没别要这样
She's been really sick for a long time.
它生病很长时间了
There has to be another way.
得想想别的办法
We don't have the money to do it right.
我们没有钱给它治疗
We can't go to a vet.
我们看不了兽医
Leif, she's just going to die slowly and painfully.
列夫 她会慢慢地痛苦地死去
Just please do the kindest thing.
像个最好的办法
Hey, brother, it's me.
嘿 弟弟 是我
Look, I know we don't have a home to go back to, but...
听着 我知道我们无家可归 但是…
...I want you to know I'm pulling you along with me.
我要你知道我会好好照顾你的
It's been really hard, but
这很困难 但是
do me a favor, okay?
帮我个忙好吗?
Walk a little?
多出来走一走
I love you.
我爱你
Bye.
再见
Hey, good-looking.
嘿 美女
I brought you coffee and a donut, fresh this morning.
我给你买了咖啡和甜甜圈 刚做出来的
Thanks. Really.
非常谢谢
Why don't you come by for a refill before you head off?
要不你出发之前再过来倒一杯吧?
I will. Thanks.
好的 谢谢
Good morning, fellas.
早上好 各位
- Morning. - Morning.
- 早上好 - 早上好
So, you got a trail name?
你有小名吗?
Hmm? You know, like a nickname.
呃 你知道 就像外号一样
We've got one for you.
我们给你取了一个
- Really. - Queen of the PCT.
- 真的吗?- 太平洋山脊径徒步女王
Come on.
拜托
You've just got so many stories
你遇到了很多事情
about people doing things for you and wanting to help you out.
大家为你做事都想帮你
I mean, nobody ever gives us anything.
却没有人给过我们什么
No one ever does anything for us, in fact.
说实话 没有一个人为我们做点什么
But please, please, come and get your refill, Your Majesty.
快过去续杯吧 女王陛下
Yeah, Your Majesty doesn't really go for refills.
你的女王陛下不会去续杯的
Refills typically come to her.
而是咖啡主动过来的
Exactly.
没错
Dude, stop.
伙计 闭嘴
Stop. Now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head
别哼了 接下来的100英里我的脑海里
for the next hundred fucking miles.
都是这首歌了
- Would you prefer I just... - Don't.
- 我可以… - 不行
Don't.
And I said hey, hey, hey...
我说 嘿 嘿 嘿
Shut up, man.
闭嘴 伙计
Shut up! I'm serious.
闭嘴 我是认真的
I said, hey!
我说 嘿
What's going on?
怎么回事?
Get him. Get him!
快抓住他 快抓住他
I'll get you soaked!
我要把你们都弄湿
I said hey, what's going on?
我说嘿 怎么回事?
I 'd rather be a forest than a street
我宁可当森林也不当街道
It's okay.
没事
You're safe.
你很安全
It's okay.
没事的
You're all right.
你不会有事的
Don't be scared.
别吓到了
You got him! Thanks!
你抓到它了 谢谢
Thanks.
谢谢
Does he have a name?
它有名字吗?
Shooting Star.
流星
Shooting Star?
流星?
And I'm Vera, and this is Kyle.
我是维拉 他是凯尔
I'm Cheryl. Are you enjoying your hike today?
我是谢丽尔 你今天玩得开心吗?
I'm having a wonderful time, thank you very much for asking.
很开心 谢谢你这么问我
You're so polite.
你真有礼貌
We're just out for the weekend, rain or no.
我们只是周末出来 不管下不下雨都出来
Yeah.
Vera's my grandmom.
维拉是我的奶奶
She's looking after me because I have some problems
她在照顾我因为我遇到点问题
I'm not supposed to talk about with strangers.
不过我不能跟陌生人说
Well, you don't have to talk about them.
你不用跟我说的
But, you know, everybody has problems. I have problems, too.
不过 你要知道每个人都会遇到问题 我也遇到问题了
What kinds of problems?
什么样的问题?
Well, I mean, I have problems with my dad.
哦 跟我爸爸有关
I don't see him anymore.
我再也看不到他了
Me, neither. What about your mommy?
我也是 你妈妈呢?
She died.
她死了
But, you know, problems don't stay problems.
不过问题总会解决的
They turn into something else.
它们会变成别的东西
How did she die?
她是怎么死的?
Um...
She got very sick.
她得了很严重的病
My mother's a singer. She's taught me many songs.
我妈妈是个歌手 她教我唱了很多歌
Oh, really?
真的吗?
Would you like to hear one?
你想听吗?
Yeah.
好啊
From this valley they say you are leaving
人们说你就要离开村庄
We shall miss your bright eyes and sweet smile
我们将怀念你的微笑
For you take with you all of the sunshine
你的眼睛比太阳更明亮
That has brightened our pathway a while
照耀在我们的心上
Then come and sit by my side if you love me
走过来坐在我的身旁
Do not hasten to bid me adieu
不要离别的这样匆忙
Just remember the Red River Valley
要记住红河谷你的故乡
And the cowboy that loved you so true
还有那热爱你的姑娘
Just remember the Red River Valley
要记住红河谷你的故乡
And the cowboy that loved you so true
还有那热爱你的姑娘
That was really beautiful.
唱得真好听
Thank you.
谢谢
I miss you.
我想你
God, I miss you.
天啊 我好想你
There's no way to know what makes
根本没有办法知道
one thing happen and not another.
事情为什么发生或不发生
What leads to what.
什么导致什么
What destroys what.
什么毁掉什么
What causes what to flourish.
什么引起什么旺盛
Or die.
或是死亡
Or take another course.
或选择另外一条道路
What if I forgive myself?
要是我原谅自己会怎样?
What if I was sorry?
要是我很遗憾会怎样?
But if I could go back in time,
不过即使我可以回到过去
I wouldn't do a single thing differently.
我还是会做一样的事
What if I wanted to sleep with every single one of those men?
要是我确实想跟那些人上床呢?
What if heroin taught me something?
要是海洛因教了我一些事呢?
What if all those things I did were the things that got me here?
要是我所做的那些事让我来到了这里呢?
What if I was never redeemed?
要是我永远都得不到救赎呢?
What if I already was?
要是我已经悔改了呢?
我们如愿以偿
It took me years to be the woman my mother raised.
我花了很多年时间成为我妈妈培养的女人
It took me four years, seven months and three days to do it.
我花了4年7个月3天来完成
Without her.
我自己一个人完成的
After I lost myself in the wilderness of my grief,
在我因悲伤迷失在荒野之中后
I found my way out of the woods.
我终于在树林中找回自我
And I didn't even know where I was going
直到徒步旅行的最后一天
until I got there on the last day of my hike.
我才知道我要去哪里
Thank you, I thought over and over again,
谢谢 我曾经一遍又一遍的思考
for everything the trail had taught me,
谢谢徒步旅行教我的东西
and everything I couldn't yet know.
以及我还不知道的东西
How, in four years, I'd cross this very bridge.
4年后我穿越这座大桥
I'd marry a man in a spot almost visible from where I was standing.
我嫁给了一个离我站的地方不远的人
How, in nine years, that man and I
9年后我和那个男人
would have a son named Carver,
生了一个儿子名叫卡弗
and a year later, a daughter named after my mother, Bobbi.
再过一年后 生了一个女儿跟我妈妈同名 叫芭比
I knew only that I didn't need to
我只知道我再也不用
reach with my bare hands anymore.
一个人面对了
That seeing the fish beneath the surface of the water was enough.
就像鱼儿在水里就够了一样
That it was everything.
那就是一切
My life, like all lives,
我的人生 跟所有生命一样
mysterious, irrevocable and sacred.
不可思议 不可挽回也很神圣
So very close.
非常紧密
So very present.
非常现实
So very belonging to me.
贴我非常近
How wild it was... to let it be.
多么的疯狂… 让它去吧
∮ I'd rather be a sparrow than a snail ∮
我宁可当麻雀也不当蜗牛
∮ Yes, I would ∮
我宁愿如此
∮ If I could ∮
如果我能够
∮ I surely would ∮
我当然愿意
∮ I'd rather be a hammer than a nail ∮
我宁可当铁锤也不当铁钉
∮ Yes, I would ∮
我宁愿如此
∮ If I only could ∮
如果我能
∮ I surely would ∮
我当然愿意
∮ Away, I'd rather sail away ∮
飞走我宁可飞走
∮ Like a swan ∮
像天鹅一样
∮ That's here and gone ∮
来去自由
∮ A man gets tied up to the ground ∮
人被地面束缚
∮ He gives the world ∮
发出的声音最悲
∮ Its saddest sound ∮
声音最悲
∮ Its saddest sound ∮
声音最悲
∮ I'd rather be a forest than a street ∮
我宁可当森林也不当街道
∮ Yes, I would ∮
我宁愿如此
∮ If I could ∮
若我能做到
∮ I surely would ∮
我当然愿意
∮ I'd rather feel the earth beneath my feet ∮
我宁可感觉脚踏实地
∮ Yes, I would ∮
我宁愿如此
∮ If I only could ∮
如果能如此
∮ I surely would ∮
我肯定愿意