廊桥遗梦 The Bridges of Madison County

上映日期: 1,995

语言: 英语

影片类型: 剧情 / 爱情

导演: 克林特·伊斯特伍德

演员: 克林特·伊斯特伍德 / 梅丽尔·斯特里普 / 安妮·科利 / 维克多·斯勒扎克 / 吉姆·海尼 / 莎拉·凯瑟琳·施密特 / 克里斯托·弗克朗 / 菲利斯·里昂斯 / 戴布拉·莫克


台词
字幕來源:網絡
字幕處理:L.C.
后期:松子
Hi, sis.
妹妹
Michael, if I could just get you to sign this right here...
邁可 請在這兒簽名
which gives you the contents of the safe deposit box.
便可拿到保險箱內的物件
Thank you. And this one which clears the bank...
好的 謝謝 還有這份
of all responsibility for the contents.
使銀行不用為箱內物件負責
It's kind of exciting.
這樣真刺激
Maybe we'll find out that your mother had secret millions.
也許會發現你母親 有百萬元的遺產
Why don't we get started?
我們開始好嗎
Your mother is interred at the Cedar Heights
令慈葬在
Funeral Home until arrangements can be made.
香柏山莊殯儀館直至作出安排
I thought it was arranged.
我以為已安排好了
-There's a problem. -What problem?
-遇到點問題 -有什么問題
Your mother left explicit instructions to be cremated.
令慈確指示要火葬
-I don't understand it either. -When did she decide this?
-我之前也不知道 -她何時決定的
Apparently just before her death.
顯然是在她死前
I don't know anybody who gets cremated.
荒唐 我不知有人會火葬的
Lots of people do.
許多人這樣做
Nobody in my family did. Dad bought plots at Prairie Hills...
我家沒人這樣做
one for him, one for Mom.
爸早已為自己和母親買下墓地
-The will clearly states... -I don't care what it says.
-遺囑清楚說明 -我不管它怎么說
Maybe Mom was delirious.
也許媽神智不清
Maybe she didn't know what she was saying.
不知道自己在說什么
If she wanted to be cremated,
若想火化
why the hell did she let Dad buy 2 plots?
她為何讓爸買兩個墓地
She was very specific.
她很精確的說
She wanted her ashes to be thrown off Roseman Bridge.
她想把骨灰撒落在羅斯曼橋
-What?! -Bizarre!
-什么 -真奇怪
Mr. Peterson, are you sure Mom wrote all this?
你肯定這是媽寫的嗎
It was notarized and witnessed by Mrs. Lucy Delaney.
見證人是狄璐絲太太
-Maybe you could ask her. -Who the hell is she?
-你可以問她 -她是誰
I remember her, I just don't...
我記得她 我不管
I don't care if it's legal.
我不管這是否合法
We're not cremating her or throwing her ashes off some bridge
我們不會火化她和把骨灰撒橋下
where we can't visit her because she'll be blown all over!
她可能四處飄散令我們無法掃墓
And people driving all over her, dogs...
別人駕車還駛過她身上
We're not doing it.
我們不會這樣做
I'm not even sure it's Christian.
我不肯定這是基督教的做法
Maybe it's an Italian thing. She was Italian.
也許是意大利風俗 她是意大利人
Doesn't matter!
沒關系
Move on.
繼續吧
We can come back to this.
我們待會再說
Why don't we open the box?
我們打開保險箱吧
Michael, look at these.
邁可你看
Have you ever seen these pictures?
你見過這些照片嗎
It was in this envelope from 1965.
是放在1965年的信封內
She's not wearing a bra.
她沒戴胸罩
That's the Holliwell Bridge.
那是杉樹橋
-In case anyone's interested. -Why are there 2 deeds here?
-若有人想知道的話 -為何有兩張地契
This is for the additional acres he purchased in '59.
這是他59年買的另外一畝地
And this?
這個呢
Those were bills of sale from equipment your mother sold.
是令慈賣掉的機器的收據
This is for the original land parcel.
這是原來那塊地的地契
Beautiful picture of her.
她的照片很漂亮
What?
什么事
Could you come here for a minute?
你能過來嗎
What?
什么事
Where are we going?
到哪兒去
She say anything in there about me? About leaving me anything?
她遺囑中有說留給我些什么嗎
What's going on?
怎么回事
We were just wondering if it might be better...
我們在想
if Carolyn and I looked at this stuff ourselves.
也許我和卡洛琳獨自看箱內的東西會較好
We don't want to keep you waiting around.
我們不想你們久候
I'll contact your office about the legal work.
相關法律的事物 我會聯絡你
"I struggle to...
我掙扎
put it together in a way that allows me to continue...
去明白這種方式能讓我活下去
knowing that we're on separate roads.
知道我們有不同的生活
But then, I look through the lens of my camera and you're there.
可是 我透過照相機鏡頭看見你在那兒
I start to write an article and I find myself writing it to you.
我開始寫稿但卻發現在給你寫信
It's clear to me now that
現在我明白
we have been moving towards each other...
我們正向對方走近
towards those 4 days, all of our lives."
在我們一生中 走向那四天
I don't want to hear anymore. Burn the damn thing.
我不想再聽 燒了它
I don't want to hear it.
我不想聽
Throw it away.
扔掉它
What's he saying now?
他還說些什么
He just goes on about how if Mom ever needed him...
他說 如果媽需要他
she could reach him through the National Geographic Magazine in D.C.
可通過國家地理雜志找他
He was a photographer.
他是攝影師
He promises not to write again.
他答應不再寫信
And then, all it says is:
可是 信上說
"I love you, Robert."
我愛你 羅伯特
Robert!
羅伯特
Jesus!
天啊
I'll kill him.
我會殺了他
That would be some trick.
不可能 他死了
He's dead. That's what this letter is...
那是信中所說的
from his attorney.
發自他的律師
He left most of his things to Mom.
他把大部份東西留給了媽媽
And requested...
并要求
What?
什么
That he be cremated and his ashes thrown off Roseman Bridge.
把他火化 骨灰撒落在羅斯曼橋
Damn him! I knew Mom wouldn't have thought that up herself.
他該死 我就知道媽媽不會想到這樣做的
It was some damn perverted...
是那變態的
photographic mind influencing her.
攝影師在影響她
When did the bastard die?
那渾蛋何時死的
'82.
82年
Wait a minute, that was...
慢著 那是
3 years after Daddy... Do you think...?
在爸死后三年 你認為呢
I don't know! I'm completely in the dark.
我不知道
That's what I get for moving away.
我搬走了才會變成這樣
We were kids when this happened.
那時我們還年幼
I can't believe it.
我無法相信
Do you think that she...
你是否認為她
had sex with him?
和他有性關系
Must be nice inside your head with Peter Pan and the Easter Bunny.
邁可 你動畫片肯定是看多了
Don't talk to me like that. She was my mother!
別這樣對我說話 她是我母親
Now I find that she was... She was a...
現在我知道她是
A what? Don't say that!
什么 別這么說
What am I supposed to think?
那我應該怎么想
I can't believe she never told me.
我想不到她從沒對我說
We spoke at least once a week. How could she do that?
我們一星期才交談一次 她怎能這樣做
When did she meet him? Did Dad know?
她何時認識他 爸爸知道嗎
Is there anything else in that envelope?
那信封內還有什么
No, I don't think so.
沒有 我看沒有了
弗朗西絲卡
白蛾舞動翅膀時若想晚餐 今晚工作完后隨時可來
You read it.
你念吧
You read it.
你念
"January, 1987.
1987年1月
Dear Carolyn:
親愛的卡洛琳
I hope you read this with Michael.
希望你和邁可同看此信
I'm sure he wouldn't be able to read it by himself...
我相信他沒法獨個兒看這封信
and he'll need help understanding all this.
他需別人幫助他了解此事
First and most of all...
首先和最重要的
I love you both very much.
是我很疼愛你們
And although I feel fine, I thought I'd put my affairs...
雖然我感到很好 但我想把后事
excuse that word, in order."
處理妥當
I can't believe she's making jokes.
想不到她還說笑話
"After going through the safe deposit box...
在看過保險箱后
I'm sure you'll find your way to this letter.
我相信你會找到這封信
It's hard to write this to my own children.
寫信給自己的孩子并不容易
I could let this die with the rest of me, I suppose.
我本可以讓這事和我一起逝去
But as one gets older...
但年紀越大
one's fears subside.
顧慮越少
What becomes more and more important...
而越來越重要的
is to be known.
是將事情說出
Known for all that you were during this brief stay.
人活在世上只是過客
How sad it seems to leave this earth...
如果離開人世也沒讓
without those you love
你最疼愛的人 知道你是誰
the most ever really knowing who you were.
是很可悲的
It's easy for a mother to love her children, no matter what.
不管如何 母親愛子女是容易的
I don't know if it's as simple for children.
但我不知子女愛母親是否容易
You're all so busy being angry at us for raising you wrong.
你們因父母管教不當而煩我們
His name was Robert Kincaid.
他的名字叫羅伯特·金凱
He was a photographer and he was here in 1965...
是個攝影師 他65年到來這兒
shooting a National Geographic article on the covered bridges of Madison County.
替國家地理雜志拍攝橋的照片
Remember when we got that issue,
我們收到那期雜志感覺仿是名人
when we got the subscription how we felt like celebrities?"
可記得我們何時開始訂閱那雜志
That's Roseman Bridge.
那是羅斯曼橋
麥迪遜郡之橋
羅伯特·金凱暢述漫長之旅
That must be Robert Kincaid.
那一定是羅伯特·金凱了
And that's Mom's medallion.
那是媽的飾物
"I don't want you to be angry with him.
我不想你們忌恨他
I hope after you know the story,
在你們知道整件事后
you think well of him, even grateful."
希望你們對他有好感 甚至感激他
-Grateful? -"It's all there in the 3 notebooks."
-感激 -此事全記在筆記簿內
"It was the week of the Illinois State Fair.
事情始于伊利諾州市集那個星期
The two of you were going with Dad to exhibit...
你們和爸爸前去展出
Carolyn's prize steer.
卡洛琳的得獎公牛
It was the Sunday night you left. I know it sounds awful..."
你們周日起程 我知道這樣說不好
But I couldn't wait for you to leave.
但我巴不得你們離去
You were going to be gone until Friday.
你們要到星期五才回來
4 days.
要去四天
Just 4 days.
只是四天
Richard! Dinner!
理查德 吃飯了
-What I tell you about the door? -Sorry.
-我要你怎樣關門的 -對不起
Would you like to say grace?
你要感恩祈禱嗎
Grace.
祈禱
More sauces.
噢 還有醬汁的
A piece of bread.
給我一片面包
Thanks.
謝謝
Damn drawer.
該死的抽屜
Here.
我來
You can't get mad at it.
你不能對它發火
Sorry. Didn't mean to yell.
對不起 我沒發火
I want you to stay away from anything too spicy.
我不想你吃味濃的東西
And you promise me.
你答應我
I swear. Only filters. No more than half pack a day.
我發誓 只抽濾嘴煙 每天抽半包
-I've got my orders. -Doc Reynolds said so.
-我有我的任務 -是瑞醫生說的
I know, I'm only kidding.
我知道 玩笑而已
-Are you sure you don't want to go? -I'm positive.
-你真的不想去嗎 -真的
What are you going to do as a woman of leisure?
你有那么多余暇干什么
Same thing I do as a hired hand, except with less help.
像工人般干活只是沒那么勤快
I won't be able to sleep.
我無法睡著的
I can't sleep without you next to me anymore.
沒你在我身旁我睡不著
It's only 4 days.
四天而已
Oh, God, where have you been?
你到哪里去了
You missed them. They already left.
你想念他們 他們走了
Why do you love me so much? I don't like you.
你為何這么喜歡我 我不喜歡你
Get down.
下去
You like that song?
你喜歡那首歌
It's just you and me.
只有你和我
Just you and me.
就你和我
I get the distinct feeling that I'm lost.
我好像迷了路
You supposed to be in Iowa?
你要到依阿華州的嗎
Then you're not that lost.
那你沒迷路
I'm looking for a bridge.
我找一座橋
One of those covered bridges in this neighborhood.
找這附近一座有廊子的橋
Roseman Bridge?
羅斯曼橋
That's it.
對了
You're pretty close. It's only about 2 miles from here.
你快找到了 它離這兒大概兩里
Which way?
怎么走
You go that way and come to Cutter's and turn left.
你往那兒走 在卡特斯處左轉
To Cutters?
卡特斯
Cutter's a farm. Small house, close to the road.
一個農場 靠近大路的小房子
Big, mean yellow dog.
有一條兇猛的大黃狗
Mean yellow dog. Okay.
大黃狗 嗯
Then you go along that road until you come to a fork.
沿著那條路直走 到了岔路
It's only... Less than half a mile.
橋就在不到半里處
And then where, after the fork?
岔路之后往哪兒走
The right.
靠右
And then you...
然后
No, no. Not that fork. Excuse me.
不 不是那個岔路 對不起
You pass Peterson's.
你駛過彼得遜
Peterson's.
彼得遜
Peterson's is a farm.
也是個農場
Past the old schoolhouse, you turn left.
駛過舊校舍便左轉
It'd be easier to tell you...
若有路牌會較容易
if the roads were marked.
對你來說
It certainly would.
是啊
I can take you if you want.
我可帶你去
Or I can tell you.
或是對你說
I can take you or tell you.
我可帶你去或只告訴你
It's up to you. I don't care.
怎么著都行 我無所謂
I wouldn't want to take you away.
我不想耽誤你手里的活
No, I was just going to have some iced tea, and then...
不 我正想弄杯冰茶
split the atom, but that can wait.
也沒什么要緊的事兒
Okay.
好吧
I'll just get my shoes.
我去穿上鞋
金凱攝影 華盛頓州
I wasn't exactly expecting company.
沒人坐就放雜物了
Where are we headed?
怎么走
Out. Then right.
出去 向右走
Out...
出去
then right.
向右
Wonderful smell to Iowa.
依阿華氣味很好
Kind of particular to this part of the country.
這氣味很獨特
You know what I mean?
你聞到嗎
No.
It's kind of hard to explain.
很難說清
I guess it's in the loam of the soil.
它發自土地
That kind of rich, earthy...
有那種 濃郁的 泥土的
alive... Well, maybe not alive.
生機 也許不是生機
You don't smell it?
你聞不到嗎
Maybe it's because I live here.
也許因我住在這兒
Yeah, I guess so.
我想是的
Smells great though.
但氣味很香
Are you from Washington?
你是華盛頓州人
I lived there till I was in my mid-20s.
是的 我住在那兒直至二十多歲
I moved to Chicago when I got married.
結婚后移居芝加哥
When did you move back?
你何時回去的
After the divorce.
離婚后
How long have you been married?
你結婚多久了
Long time.
很長時間
Long time, huh?
很長時間
Where are you from? Do you mind me asking?
你從哪兒來 介意我問嗎
I don't mind your asking. I'm from...
不 不介意 我來自
-I'm born in Italy. -Italy?
-我在意大利出生 -意大利
From Italy to Iowa. Where in Italy?
由意大利到依阿華 在意大利哪兒
We lived in a small town on the eastern side.
東部一小鎮 巴利
No one's heard of it. Bari.
沒人知道的小鎮 巴利
I know Bari.
我知道巴利
No.
不會吧
Yeah.
是的
Really?
真的
I was on assignment to Greece...
一次有任務到希臘
and I went through Bari to get to Brindisi.
要經過巴利前往布林底斯
I was looking out, it looked like pretty country.
我向外眺望 它好似迷人的去處
So I got off the train and stayed a few days.
我就下了火車 呆了幾天
You got off the train because it looked pretty?
你因鄉郊景色迷人而下了火車
Yeah, I did.
是的
Excuse me.
對不起
Care for a cigarette?
抽煙嗎
Sure, I'll have one.
好的 我要一根
So tell me, how long have you lived in Iowa?
你在依阿華住了多久
Long. You just got off the train and stayed without knowing anyone there?
很久 你不識任何人便下火車
That's it.
到了
It's beautiful.
很漂亮
Yeah, this is great.
太好了
I won't shoot this today. I'll just do a little prep work.
今天不拍 只是做準備工作
Shoot it tomorrow. The light's no good right now.
明天拍照 現在光線不好
So I'll just wait.
那么我等你吧
I don't mind.
沒關系的
Go on down here.
我到下面去
This is about as good a place to start as any.
我看這兒是開始的好地方
Beautiful bridge.
很漂亮的橋
Beautiful. You out here much?
漂亮 你常來的嗎
No.
Always this hot around here?
這兒經常這么熱嗎
Oh, yes. This time of year.
是的 這時節通常燥熱
There's some sodas in the truck if you'd like one.
若想喝汽水 車廂后有
-Would you like one? -Not right now.
-你要喝嗎 -現在不喝
I'll go get one.
我去拿一瓶
There you are.
你在這兒呢
You caught me.
給你發現了
I was picking you some flowers.
我摘花給你
Men still do that, don't they? I'm not out of date, am I?
男人仍這樣做嗎
Picking flowers as a sign of appreciation?
這有些過時了吧 摘花表謝意
No, except those are poisonous.
不 只是 這些花有毒
I'm kidding! I'm sorry.
我開個玩笑 對不起
I'm just kidding.
開個玩笑
I'm so sorry.
很抱歉
Are you sadistic by nature or what?
你天生是虐待狂嗎
I don't know why I did that.
我不知為何會這樣做
-Here. -They're beautiful.
-給 -很漂亮
I'm sorry.
對不起
You're looking for something specific?
你想找哪個電臺
There's not much selection.
這兒收不到幾個臺
I had a station out of Chicago earlier.
較早前離開芝加哥收聽到一個電臺
Played good blues.
播著不錯的藍調曲
It's 1410.
是1410頻道
That's nice.
很好聽
Care for another cigarette?
還要抽嗎
Sure.
好的
Is that the mean yellow dog?
是那條兇猛的黃狗嗎
-Is it white? -No, it's yellow.
-它是白色的 -是黃色
I want to thank you for all your kindness, Mrs. Johnson.
多謝你的幫忙 約翰遜太太
Francesca.
叫我弗朗西絲卡吧
Robert.
我叫羅伯特
Would you like some iced tea?
你要喝冰茶嗎
Yeah.
Yes, sit down.
坐下吧
-You like lemon? -Sure.
你要檸檬嗎
Maybe...
也許
A little bit of sugar?
來點糖
You bet.
好的
If you want more...
若還想要
Thanks.
謝謝
Aren't you afraid to have those in here?
你不怕嗎"中毒"嗎
I'm so sorry I did that. I don't know why...
噢 很抱歉 也不知怎么
why I said that.
開那個玩笑
Where are you staying?
你住在哪兒
Some place with small cabins.
一處有小屋的地方
Something or other motor inn.
叫什么汽車旅店的
I've got it written down, but I haven't checked in yet.
我還沒來得及去登記
And how long are you here for?
你在這兒呆多久
I don't know, maybe 4 or 5 days, a week on the outside.
不知道 四五天吧 最多一星期
As long as it takes to do the work. Where's your family?
要看工作進度 你的家人呢
My husband took the kids to the state fair.
丈夫帶著孩子參加州市集
My daughter is entering a prize steer.
小女的公牛參選
How old?
多大了
A year and a half.
一歲半
No, I meant the kids.
不 我是指孩子
Michael is 17. And Carolyn is 16.
邁可十七歲 卡洛琳十六歲
That's nice, having kids.
還是有孩子好啊
They're not kids anymore.
是 可他們不再是孩子了
Things change.
都變了
They always do.
總要變的
One of the laws of nature.
這是自然規律
Most people are afraid of change, but if you look at it...
許多人害怕改變 但若
as something you can count on, then it can be a comfort.
把它視作天經地義的事
There's not many things you can really count on.
也就釋然了
I guess.
是啊 是這樣
I'm one of those people it frightens, I think.
我看我是害怕改變的人
I doubt that.
不 我看不是
Why do you say that?
你為何這么說
From Italy to Iowa, that's a big change.
由意大利到依阿華是個大改變
But Richard was in the Army there.
但理查德隨軍隊到意大利
I met him when I was living in Naples.
我在拿不勒斯時遇到他
I didn't know anything about Iowa.
我對依阿華一無所知
I just cared that it was America...
只在乎它是美國 而且
and, of course, being with Richard.
當然 是和理查德一起
What's he like?
他是怎樣的
He's very clean.
他 很潔凈
Clean?
潔凈
No. I mean...
是的 我是說
He's other things too.
他有很多優點
He's a very hard worker...
他工作很勤奮
very caring...
體貼
honest.
誠實
He's gentle.
溫柔
He's a good father.
是個好父親
And clean.
和潔凈
Clean.
潔凈
And you like living here in Iowa, I guess?
你喜歡住在依阿華吧
Go ahead. I'm not going to tell anyone.
說吧 我不會對別人說的
I'm supposed to say:
應該說
"It's just fine. It's quiet and the people are real nice."
這兒很好 很寧靜 人們也好
And all that's true. Mostly.
這全是真的 大部份是的
It is quiet.
這兒寧靜
And the people are nice.
人們也好
In certain ways.
在很多方面
We all help each other out.
大家互相幫助
If someone gets sick or hurt, all the neighbors come in.
若有人生病或受傷 鄰居們都會來
They pick the corn,
幫助摘玉米
harvest the oats or whatever needs to be done.
收小麥或什么的
In town, you can leave your car unlocked,
在鎮上可不用鎖車
and let the kids run around.
孩子到處跑
Don't worry about them.
也不用擔心
There are a lot of nice...
這兒的人 有許多
things about the people here.
優點的
And I respect them for those qualities.
我為那些特質而尊重他們
But...
可是
But?
可是
It's not...
這兒沒有
what I dreamed of...
少女時代
as a girl.
我所夢想的
I scribbled something down the other day.
那天我寫了些東西
I often do that when I'm out on the road.
我在路上經常這樣做
Kind of goes like this:
我寫的是這樣的
"The old dreams...
曾經的夢
were good dreams.
都是美夢
They didn't work out, but I'm glad I had them."
雖未成真 但慶幸我曾擁有過
I don't know what it means. I thought I might use it someday.
我不知是何意思 但日后或會有用
Anyway, I think I know how you feel.
我了解你的感受
Would you like to stay for dinner?
想留下吃晚飯嗎
There's not much in town.
鎮上的館子不多
And you'd have to eat alone.
反正你也是獨自吃
So would I.
我也是
Yeah, I'd like that.
那好啊 太好了
I don't get a home-cooked meal too often out on the road.
吃家常飯的機會不多 我喜歡
Okay.
好吧
This is ridiculous.
我怎么了
Do you mind if I put some film in the fridge?
我可以將膠片放進冰箱嗎
-No, go ahead. -This heat out here isn't too forgiving.
-可以 -外邊的溫度太高了
Anything I can do to help?
我可以幫你嗎
-To help? What, cook? -Yeah, men cook.
-幫我什么 燒菜嗎 -是的 我會燒菜
Okay, sure.
好的
What can I do?
我能做什么
You can scrape the carrot.
你可以削胡蘿卜
Scrape the carrots.
削皮
And grate them. Make a nice salad.
磨碎它們 做沙拉
Scrape the carrots. Like that. How's that?
這樣削胡蘿卜 怎么樣
Very good. Very nice.
很不錯
Not bad, huh?
不錯吧
Don't forget to pick off the end.
別忘了把根去掉
Pick off end.
把根去掉
Let me get these...
讓我拿這些
Excuse me. I can take the ends off of these too.
對不起 我也可把這些根去掉
Yes. That's a good idea.
對 好主意
This the way you do it?
是這樣嗎
That's good. But don't use your fingers.
很好 但不要用手指
Then they smell like...
會弄滿手的氣味
I'll get you some lemon.
我給你檸檬
Would you like a beer?
要喝啤酒嗎
-I've got some in the car. -I would love a beer.
-我車上有 -啤酒好
Anything to get out of a little work.
趁機溜出去一會兒
Very nice.
真不錯
No, wait a second. It gets better.
不 慢著 越來越精彩了
You must picture this: I have 3 cameras around my neck...
你試想 我脖子上掛著三架像機還有腳架
and I've got a tripod, and my pants are around my ankles.
褲子掛在膝蓋 躲在樹叢后
I'm behind a bush, and then suddenly I see this gorilla.
突然看見一頭猩猩
A huge gorilla, staring right at me...
健碩的猩猩正在看著我
with the most lascivious look you've ever seen.
它的神情是很淫亂的
More than any creature with that much hair.
從沒見過有毛的動物 這么好色的
I freeze, because that's what you're supposed to do.
我一動也不動 只好這樣做
And then it started coming towards me.
跟著 它向我走過來
And what?
跟著怎樣
What? My God!
怎樣了 天啊
I can't...
我...
You're blushing.
你臉通紅了
It's a very painful subject. A very sore...
太難啟齒了 我
sore subject matter, really.
真是異常痛苦的經歷 是真的
-What happened? -We became engaged.
-怎么了 -我們訂婚了
You should really...
你真的該
write these stories down.
你該把這些故事寫下來
I would, except this is a female gorilla. It had on eye shadow...
我會的 但她是有眼影的母猩猩
and a little lip gloss on and it was so nice...
嘴上還涂了口紅 煞是好看
We still write.
我們仍有書信來往
I don't want to put this stuff down.
我不想把這事寫下來
I'm afraid...
我害怕
I'm afraid my writing's a little too technical.
我的寫作太技術性了
The trouble with being a journalist too long is...
當記者太長時間 問題便是
you stop allowing yourself to invent.
你不能自己去"創作"
I'll just stick to making pictures.
我還是繼續攝影吧
Making pictures.
"創作"
I like that.
真不錯
You really love what you do.
你真的很喜歡這一行兒
I'm obsessed by it, really.
我其實是沉迷其中
Why is that, do you think?
你為何沉迷其中
I don't know.
我不知道
I don't think obsessions have reasons.
沉迷是沒有理由
That's why they're obsessions.
所以才是沉迷
You sound like an artist.
你的口吻像藝術家
I wouldn't say that.
我不會這樣說
National Geographic likes their photos in focus...
國家地理雜志要的是 構圖規矩的照片
and not too much personal comment. I don't mind really.
不能帶太多的個人見解 我其實不介意
I'm no artist.
我不是藝術家
That's one of the curses of being too well-adjusted, too normal.
這是很正常的情況
I don't think you're so normal.
我認為你不太正常
Really?
真的
I didn't mean it in the way...
我不是那個意思
in the way that it sounded.
沒有貶義的
We'll just chalk it up to a compliment...
沒關系 我會當是恭維話
and move on.
繼續說吧
Did you just love teaching?
你喜歡教書嗎
Yes, when there was a
有時候喜歡
particular student who can make a difference...
當有某個學生出類拔萃
They're all supposed to, but they don't. You tend...
他們均該出類拔萃的 但卻不是
to single out 1 or 2 who
你只會選其中一兩個
you think you can contribute something to.
加以栽培
-And did you? -I hope so. One went to medical school.
-你有嗎 -不知道 希望有 一個念醫學院
Why'd you quit?
你為何不教了呢
My children, my kids.
為了我的孩子
And...
而且
Richard didn't like my working.
理查德不愿我去工作
But you miss it, obviously.
但顯然你懷念教書
I never think about it.
我從沒去想
What's the most exciting place that you've ever been?
你到過的地方中哪兒最刺激
-Unless you're too tired to talk. -Most exciting...
-除非你太累了 不想說 -最刺激的
You're asking if a man's
你問男人是否厭倦了談自己
tired of talking about himself? Been out much?
那還不算老道
Didn't mean to make it sound like a dumb...
抱歉 我不是說你
Maybe it's a little dull for you...
不 我是怕你覺得無聊
telling this to some housewife in the middle of nowhere.
在荒僻地方對家庭主婦訴說
This is your home. This isn't nowhere.
這是你的家 也不是荒僻地方
And it's not dull.
而且不沉悶啊
Let's see.
讓我想想
I guess I'd say that the
最刺激的地方
most exciting place I've been to was Africa.
會是非洲
Because it's another world.
因為那是另一個世界
It's not just the cultures and the people.
不單是那兒的人和文化
That's great, but it's the air.
那是很好的 還有那兒的空氣
The colors from dawn to dusk.
由朝至暮的顏色
There's something tangible about it.
是真實的
The cohabitation of man and beast, and beast and beast.
人和野獸 野獸和野獸
Who'll survive and who won't.
物競天擇
There's no judgement about it either.
適者生存
There's no imposed morality.
你知道嗎 并沒有外在的道德
It's just the way it is.
只是順其自然
It's beautiful, really.
確實迷人
Just nothing like it. It's...
什么也沒有 有的是
A voyeur's paradise.
旅人的天堂
I'd love to see that.
我真想去看看
There's safaris. You can ask your husband.
還有狩獵 你可以和你的丈夫
Yeah.
It's a beautiful evening. Would you like to take a walk?
今晚夜色很美 想去散步嗎
You've got it all right here.
這兒什么都有
I'm serious. This is as nice a place as I've ever been.
我是說真的 這兒是個好地方
"The silver apples of the moon,
"月亮的銀蘋果
and the golden apples of the sun."
太陽的金蘋果"
Yeats. "The Song of Wandering Aengus."
是葉芝的詩
-Good stuff, Yeats, huh? -Yes.
-流浪者安古斯之歌 是嗎 -是的
Realism, economy, sensuousness...
現實主義 簡潔精練 刺激感官
beauty, and magic. All that appeals to my Irish ancestry.
充滿美感和魔力 對我的愛爾蘭血統很有吸引力
-Something wrong? -Would you like something to drink?
-有什么不對嗎 -你想喝東西嗎
Coffee?
也許喝咖啡
Maybe some brandy?
也許喝白蘭地
Maybe some both.
也許兩種都喝
Yes?
好嗎
Let's.
喝吧
Sure you don't want me to help?
你真的不要我幫忙
No. I'm not going to wash them now.
我現在不洗 只是沖一下
I'll rinse them now. I'll do it later.
呆會再洗
Francesca.
弗朗西絲卡
You all right?
你沒事吧
Yeah.
沒事
Francesca.
弗朗西絲卡
What?
什么事
What?
什么事
We're not doing anything wrong.
我們沒做錯什么事
Nothing you couldn't tell your kids.
這些都可對孩子說
To ancient evenings and distant music?
為古老的晚上和遠方音樂干杯
He's getting her drunk. That's what happened.
他把她灌醉 就是這樣
Maybe he forced himself. That's why she couldn't tell us.
也許他強來 因此她不能說出來
He did not.
他沒有
He's such a nice guy.
他是很好的一個人
Trying to sleep with somebody's wife?!
他想和別人的妻子上床
I don't think so. And that doesn't make you a bad person.
我看不是 就算是 也不是壞人
He reminds me of Steve in a way. Steve's...
他使我想起史提夫
weak, immoral and a liar, but still a nice guy.
史提夫軟弱不道德扯謊 但不失為好人
He just shouldn't be married.
他只是不該結婚
At least not to me.
至少不該娶我
I'm hungry. Are you getting hungry?
我餓了 你餓嗎
I had no idea it's that bad, sis.
沒想到你的婚姻這么不幸
Please, don't feel sorry for me. Nobody's forcing me to stay.
別為我難過 沒人讓我維持
Why do you?
你為何維持
-Do you mind if I ask you a question? -No.
-你介意我問你嗎 -不
Why did you get divorced?
你為何離婚
I was never around.
我很少在家
So, why'd I get married? That's a good question.
如何維持家庭呢
I guess I needed a home base. Roots.
我也許要有個家 要有個根
You can kind of get lost on the road.
在旅途中 人是會迷失的
So what happened?
那么 怎么了
I never got lost.
我從沒有迷失
I was more at home everywhere than just in one place.
我到處去 比呆在一個地方更快活
Kind of like a citizen of the world.
像是世界的公民
-Must get lonely sometimes. -No. I never indulge in that.
-有時定會感寂寞吧 -不 我從不感寂寞
I've got friends all over
我朋友遍天下
the world I can visit from time to time.
可偶爾去探望他們
Women friends too?
也有女性朋友
I'm a loner, but not a monk.
我獨來獨往 可不是苦行僧
You really don't need anyone?
你真的不需要任何人
I think I need everyone.
我需要所有人
I love people. I'd love to meet them all.
我喜歡人 愿意結識不同的人
That's the thing about Iowa.
這正是依阿華的問題
You tend to meet the same kind of person repeatedly.
你會不斷碰上同一類的人
So when Mr. Delaney has an affair with the Redfield woman...
所以當狄先生和姓雷的有染
the whole town wakes up.
全鎮皆知
There's a lot of that going around.
這種事那兒都一樣
It seems to me there's too much of:
我認為有太多的
"This is mine" And "He or she is mine."
"這是我的"或是 他或她是我的
There's just too many lines being drawn.
有太多的束縛 諸如此類
You know?
你明白嗎
Doesn't it scare you though? Being alone?
你一個人 難道不怕嗎
I don't think so.
我不會
I think I embrace the mystery.
我喜歡神秘
Do you ever regret it?
你可曾后悔
-What? -The divorce, I mean.
-什么 -我是指離婚
No.
沒有
Do you ever regret not having a family?
你可曾后悔沒有一個家
Not everyone's supposed to have one.
不是所有人都該有個家的
How can you live for just what you want? What about others?
你怎能如此任性的過活 其他人呢
-I love other people. -But no one in particular.
-我愛所有的人 -有沒有特殊的
-But I love them just the same. -It's not the same.
-對我都一樣 -有不一樣的
I know it's not the same...
當然 有不一樣的 可是
but what you're saying is it's not as good, it's not normal.
你說的愛是那種 不正常不體面不規矩的
That's not what I said.
不 不
I have a problem with this American family ethic...
也許你不知道 我反對這種美國家庭倫理
that seems to have hypnotized the country.
它似乎催眠了全國
You probably think of someone like me as a displaced soul...
你可能認為我這樣的人
destined to wander the
注定到處流浪 是可憐的
planet with no TV or self-cleaning oven.
我沒有電視機或是焗爐
Because someone decides to
別人決定有個家
have a family doesn't mean they're hypnotized.
不等于受了催眠
Never having seen a gazelle
沒見過非洲羚羊
stampede doesn't mean I'm asleep in my life.
不等于渾噩一生吧
Want to leave your husband?
你想離開丈夫嗎
No. Of course not.
不 當然不
I'm sorry about that. I apologize for that.
抱歉 我為此話道歉
What made you ask that?
你怎會問這個問題
I thought that's what we were doing. Asking questions.
我們不是在聊天嗎
We were having a conversation. But you ask me questions...
我們是在交談 但你的話
reading these meanings
太深奧 使我看上去象個蠢人
into them I must be too simple to interpret.
沒有悟性 或是
I'm sorry.
對不起
I apologize.
我道歉
Roseman Bridge at dawn.
哦 黎明時要到羅斯曼橋
I better be going.
我還是走吧
I'm sorry.
對不起
I apologize. You must forgive me.
不 該我道歉 你得原諒我
That was a very indiscreet question. It was dumb.
那問題問得很笨 冒昧了
I feel something's been spoiled.
我弄僵了氣氛
It was a perfect evening, just the way it was.
不 今晚是個完美夜晚
Perfect evening...
完美的夜晚
A nice walk.
怡人的散步
Thank you for the...
多謝你作伴
company and the brandy.
還有你的白蘭地
You're a good woman, Francesca.
你是個好女人 弗朗西絲卡
Keep the brandy forward in the cupboard.
把酒放進櫥柜
It might work out after a while.
煩惱會過去的
And don't kid yourself, Francesca.
知道嗎 弗朗西絲卡
You're anything but a simple woman.
你不是一般的女人
Johnson's.
約翰遜家
Richard, hi.
理查德 嗨
Everyone settled in okay?
大家都好吧
I said, "Good."
我說 好
葉芝的詩
白蛾舞動翅膀時若想晚餐 今晚工作完后隨時可來
Johnsons.
約翰遜家
Hi, it's Robert Kincaid.
是羅伯特·金凱
Got your note.
收到你的字條
W.B. Yeats and all.
還有葉芝的詩
I didn't read it right away because the light was changing.
我放在口袋里沒來得及看 因為
I had to get my shots.
光線在變 我要把照片拍好
The light was changing.
光線在變
But I do accept your invitation. It'll have to be later though.
我接受你的邀請 但要晚點才到
I'm going to the Holliwell Bridge and shoot over there.
我要到杉樹橋那兒拍照片
After 9, how about that?
九時后行嗎
Your work's what's important.
好 你的工作重要
I'll make something nice we can warm up.
我燒好飯等你 來了熱一下
Maybe you'd like to come along with me.
也許你想和我一起去
Yes, I would like that, but I...
我想去的 可
I'll drive my pickup and meet you. All right?
我駕車前來會你吧 好嗎
-All right. -What time?
-好的 -什么時間
How about 6?
六時如何
Okay.
好的
Great.
好極了
德梅因14里
-God, it's Lucy Redfield! -Apparently Mrs. Delaney caught them.
-是雷露絲 -顯然狄太太抓著他們
There's a seat here, if you'd like.
若你喜歡這兒有位
Thank you.
謝謝
Kind of hot out, isn't it?
外面很熱 是嗎
Yeah.
是的
Are you ordering anything?
怎樣 你要點什么嗎
No.
Thanks. I've changed my mind.
謝了 我改變主意了
How about this one?
這一件如何
I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.
我不知道 不知道 不知道
I haven't bought a dress for myself in so long.
我好久沒給自己買衣服了
I'm just buying a dress. It's not for a special occasion.
我買一件裙子 沒什么特別場合
I'm just shopping for a new dress is all.
只是買條新裙子而已
That might work.
可能有幫助
And if he's still mad, tell him you married him out of pity.
若他仍生氣 便說你可憐他才嫁他
That always works for me.
以我來說 萬試萬靈
Johnsons.
約翰遜家
Hi, it's Robert.
是羅伯特
Listen, I'm running a little late. But I'll still be there.
我遲了一點 但我仍會來的
I don't want this to sound the wrong way...
你聽了千萬別誤會
but I wonder if this is a good idea.
我在想這是否是個好主意
I had lunch in town.
我在鎮上吃午餐
And I crossed paths with that Redfield woman.
遇上那姓雷的女子
I guess you got the whole story.
我猜你知道整件事了
The cashier at the grocery store was most generous.
雜貨店的出納很直白的說了
He's running for town crier next year.
她能競選明年鎮上的是非人
I know more about the Delaney affair than I knew about my marriage.
我到不怕什么是非
If it's going to be a problem for you to see me tonight, don't do so.
若你今晚見我會惹麻煩 就別來
I'm not too bright about people's reactions.
我有時對別人的反應不大敏感
I wouldn't want you to be put in a compromising situation.
我不想使你陷入麻煩的境地
Yeah, I understand.
我明白
That's very kind of you to think of that.
你想得真周到
Robert?
羅伯特
I want to come.
我想來
Okay? So I'll meet you at the bridge like we planned...
象說好的那樣 在橋上見你
and don't worry about the rest.
不用擔心其他
I'm not.
我不去想
All right. I'll see you then.
好吧 到時見吧
Okay.
好的
Beautiful here.
這兒景色迷人
Make yourself at home. I have to knock off a few shots.
你隨便吧 我要拍幾張照片
Look at the butterfly.
看那蝴蝶
Got you!
拍到了
Come on.
來吧
No, don't take my picture.
別替我拍照
Go ahead, give me a pose.
來吧 擺姿勢
One of those French model looks.
擺出法國模特兒的姿勢
-I can't. -Like Gina Lollobrigida.
-不會 -像電影明星
Can I help?
我可幫你嗎
No, I've got everything under control.
不 我可以應付
I'm just going to go...
我要去
clean myself up a bit. I'm going to take a bath.
梳洗一下 我要洗澡
What happens if I set the table?
我擺餐桌好嗎
That's fine. Sure. Good.
好的 好
Would you like a beer...
你洗澡時
for your bath?
想喝啤酒嗎
Yeah.
That's nice.
那會很好
Dinner will be ready...
晚餐半小時后
in half an hour.
會準備好
I realized that he had been here just a few minutes before.
我知道他數分鐘前在這兒
I was lying where the water had run down his body...
這熱水流過他的身體
and I found that intensely erotic.
我覺得那么亢奮
Almost everything about Robert Kincaid...
幾乎有關羅伯特·金凱的事
had begun to seem erotic to me.
對我來說都是亢奮的
What's wrong?
怎么了
You look stunning. If you don't mind me saying so.
你美艷動人 若我可以這樣說
Make-them-run-around-the-block-howling-in-agony stunning.
你美得令男人意馬心猿
Johnsons.
約翰遜家
Hi, Madge.
美芝
No, I was just...
不 我正在
fixing something to eat.
弄點吃的東西
No, what?
不 什么
Yeah, I heard about him.
是的 我聽過此人
I hear he's some kind of photographer or something.
聽說他是個攝影師
Hippie? No.
嬉皮士 不
Is that what a hippie looks like?
嬉皮士是這樣的嗎
I was just going to step into a bath when you called, so maybe...
不 你來電話時我正想洗澡
They don't get back till Friday.
也許他們要星期五才回來
Maybe I'll call you then, okay?
也許我到時通知你吧
If you want me to stop, tell me now.
若你要我停止 現在便說吧
No one's asking you to.
沒人要你停止
"He told me he wouldn't apologize for what was going to happen."
他說不會為將發生的事道歉
What's the matter?
怎么了
I'm going to get some air.
我到外面走走
Take me someplace.
帶我到別處去
Right now. Take me someplace...
現在 帶我到
that you've been.
你去過的地方
Someplace on the other side of the world.
在地球另一面的地方
How about Italy?
意大利如何
Yeah.
How about Bari?
巴利如何
Tell me about that time...
給我講講那次
you got off the train.
你下了火車
You know the station.
你知道那車站
You know the little restaurant with the striped awning...
知道那餐廳有條雨蓬伸過對街
serves arrancino.
那兒有炸米團
Arancino.
發音錯了
And zeppoli. I know that place.
還有粉面 我知道那地方
I had coffee there.
我在那兒喝咖啡
Did you sit...
你坐在
by the doorway or near the front of the church?
門旁還是靠近教堂的前面
I was near the church.
我坐近教堂
I know, I sat there once.
我知道 我在那兒坐過
I sat there once...
我在那兒坐過
on a day like this. It was very hot and...
在這樣的一天 那天很熱
I'd been shopping and I had all these packages around my feet.
我去買東西 腳下放了大包小包的
I had to keep moving them.
我要不時擺動東西
Then what?
然后呢
You make me forget my story.
你讓我忘了我的故事
Lucky me.
我真幸運
I had thoughts about him...
我心里全是他
I hardly knew what to do with.
我不能自持
And he read every one.
他看透我每一想法
Whatever I felt.
不管我
Whatever I wanted, he gave himself up to.
怎樣要求 他都使我滿足
And in that moment...
而在那一刻
everything I knew to be true about myself, was gone.
我忘了我自己
I was acting like another woman...
我好像是另一個女子
yet I was more myself than ever before.
可我比前更像我自己
We decided to spend Wednesday away from Winterset...
我們決定遠離麥迪遜縣
away from Madison County.
在溫特塞過星期三
Away from pastures and bridges and people too familiar...
遠離草地及橋及太捻熟的人
and reminders too painful.
還有太痛苦的記憶
We let the day take us where it wanted.
我們放開懷抱過那一天
Is that India? It's beautiful.
那是印度嗎 風景很美
Look at this one.
看看這照片
Look at their expressions. Beautiful.
看他們的表情 美極了
As if the camera isn't on them.
好像攝影機不是對著他們
They're not photographs, they're stories.
他們不是照片 而是故事
You should publish these, have your own collection.
你該把它們出版 有自己的影集
Nobody'd buy it.
沒人會買的
Why do you say that?
你為何這樣說
6 publishers have told me so.
六個出版商這樣對我說
No big deal.
沒什么大不了
Whatever it is...
不去管這些
that makes an artist look like one to the world...
那種舉世公認的現代派藝術家
is just a feature I don't have.
我做不來
Maybe you have to convince yourself first.
也許你首先要說服自己
Maybe.
也許是的
Maybe you have to ask yourself why it's an obsession.
你要問自己 為何拍照使你沉迷
What's that?
那是什么
I had this the other night, after you left.
那晚你走后我拿出來的
It was made for me in Assisi.
是我姑媽給我做的
I got it for my 7th birthday.
是我七歲生日時收到的禮物
"Francesca."
弗朗西絲卡
Keep it.
你留著
A musician friend of Robert's told him of a place off the interstate.
羅伯特的樂師朋友告訴他這地方
A place, Robert assured me, no one I knew would see us.
他向我保證 在這不會有我認識的人看見我們
Thank you.
謝謝
Cheers.
干杯
What were you like as a young man?
你年輕時是怎樣的
Trouble.
常惹麻煩
-Why? -I just wondered.
-問這干嘛 -我在想
Why were you trouble?
你為何惹麻煩
I had a temper.
我脾氣不好
What were your mother and father like?
你的父母是怎樣的
I don't know if I can do this.
我不知能否這樣做
What?
什么
Try to cram in a whole lifetime between now and Friday.
由現在到周五盡訴我的生平
For all we know
我們只知道
We may never meet again
我們可能永不會再見
Before you go
在你走前
Make this moment sweet again
再令這一刻變得甜蜜
We won't say good night
我們不會說晚安
Until the last note
直到最后一個音符
I'll hold out my hand
我便伸出我的手
And my heart will be in it
我的心亦在手中
For all we know
我們只知道
This may only be a dream
這可能只是一個夢
離婚專家 律師
-Where'd you go? -Bar in town.
-你去了哪兒 -鎮上的酒吧
Did you call Betty?
有給貝蒂電話嗎
Maybe you should.
也許你該打給她
I found out who Lucy Delaney is.
我查出狄璐絲是誰
Remember the Delaneys from Hillcrest Road?
記得山頂路的狄家嗎
Yeah, but I thought she died.
記得 但我以為她死了
He remarried. Lucy Redfield.
他娶了雷璐絲
Apparently, they were having an affair for years.
顯然 他們多年來已有曖昧
The first Mrs. Delaney was a bit of a stiff.
第一任狄太太是冷感的
You mean...
你是說
she didn't like sex?
她不喜歡性愛
Mom could have helped.
媽可以幫忙她的
Oh, boy!
天啊
I've resented not living the wild life in some place like Paris.
我一直怨不能去巴黎過刺激生活
I could have moved back to Iowa.
早知道這樣 我搬回家就行了
Are you drunk?
你醉了嗎
Not yet.
還沒醉
Want to get out of here?
想走走嗎
I think I better.
走走吧
I'll take the keys.
我拿車鑰匙
I'm driving.
由我開車
I've never cheated on Betty. Not once we were married, I mean.
結婚后我從來沒有對貝蒂不忠
-Did you want to? -Only about a thousand times.
-你想過嗎 -很多次
What do I do now?
現在我怎辦
What's good enough for Mom is good enough for me?
我該學媽那樣做嗎
What gets me...
使我不安的
is I'm in my forties.
是我四十多歲了
I've been in this crummy marriage for over 20 years...
而這段乏味的婚姻 維持了二十多年
because that's what I was taught. You stick things out.
因為他們教我 要堅守承諾
I don't recall when he made love to me so intensely...
人們說 正常人不會離婚的
that he sent me to Africa.
我不記得
Frankly, I don't think he ever did.
丈夫何時同我激烈造愛
Now I find out that in between bake sales,
我一次也沒得到過
my mother was Anais Nin.
現在才知道媽還是性欲小說高手
What about me?
我呢
I feel really weird.
我感到很怪
Like she cheated on me, not Dad. Isn't that sick?
就像她是對我而非對爸不忠
When you're the only son you sort of feel...
當你是家中唯一的兒子 便感到
like the prince of the kingdom. In your mind, you think...
有如是王國中的王子 在你的腦海中
your mother shouldn't want sex, because she has you.
認為母親有了你 便不再去想性愛
You're right, that is sick.
你說的對 令人不快
If she was so unhappy, why didn't she leave?
若她那么不開心 為何不離去呢
Can I...
我現在
read it now?
可以讀了嗎
Did I miss anything important?
我有錯過重要的事嗎
She just took him to her room.
她只是帶他到她的房間
Dad's room?
爸的房間
All right, you can skip that part. Let's just start...
那部份可以跳過 我們由這兒
here.
開始吧
"Robert lay asleep in the bed.
羅伯特躺在床上睡著
I was up all night that night.
我整夜難眠
What happens tomorrow?
明天怎么辦呢
He will leave and everything new and unknown that had become so familiar
他會離去 這美好和令人留戀的感覺
would be gone.
就要結束了
Did you sleep well?
你睡得好嗎
Thanks.
謝謝
Good.
-More coffee? -Sure.
-還要咖啡 -好
I hope you don't mind my asking, but I feel I should.
羅伯特 希望你不介意我問
What?
問什么
These women friends of
你的女性朋友遍及各地
yours all over the world, how does it work?
會是怎么樣的
Do you see some of them again, or do you forget others?
你會再見其中一些 或是忘記其他的
Or do you write to some of them now and then?
還是偶爾和部份有書信來往
-How do you manage it? -What do you mean?
-你如何應付 -你什么意思
I just need to know the procedure, so I don't upset your routine.
我想知步驟 不想亂了你的習慣
Want some jam?
要果醬嗎
What are you talking about? There's no routine.
你說什么 并沒有什么習慣的做法
Is that what you think this is?
你認為我們是那樣的嗎
Well, what is this?
我們是怎樣的
Is it up to me?
這能由我決定嗎
You're married with no intent to leave your husband.
你結了婚 無法離開丈夫
To do what?
去做什么呢
Go off with someone who needs everyone, but no one in particular?
跟一個需要"所有人"的人 離去
What would be the point? Pass the butter, please.
會有什么用呢 請遞牛油給我
I was honest with you.
我對你誠實的
Yes. Absolutely!
是的 絕對誠實
You have this habit of not needing,
你習慣了不要任何人或任何事
and that's very hard to break.
這是非常困難的
In that case, why sleep? You don't need rest.
那為何要睡覺呢 你不需要休息
Why eat? You don't need food.
為何吃東西 你不需要食物
What're you doing?
你要干嘛
I'm not cut out to be a world citizen...
也許我沒本事去做世界的公民
who experiences everything and nothing.
去體驗一切和一無體驗
How do you know what I experience?
你怎知我體驗些什么
I know you.
我知道你
What can this possibly mean to someone who doesn't need meaning...
此事對一個浪跡天涯
who just goes with the mystery,
只樂于冒險人算甚么呢
pretending he's not scared to death?
他甚至連死神都不怕
Let's stop this right now!
你別再說了行嗎
After you leave, I'll have to sit here all my life...
你走后 我今生其余的日子 還會在這兒
and wonder what happened to me, if anything.
我會每天問自己發生了什么
I'll have to wonder if
我會猜想你是否
you're in some housewife's kitchen in Romania...
在羅馬尼亞和某位主婦
telling her of your world of good friends,
閑聊你 包括我在內的
including me in that group.
其他女友
What should I say?
你讓我怎么說
I don't want you to say anything.
我沒讓你說什么
I don't need you to say anything.
你不需要說什么
I want you to stop this now.
別說了
Fine.
好的
More eggs? Or shall we fuck on the linoleum one last time?
還要蛋嗎 還是最后一次做愛呢
I won't apologize for who I am.
我不會為我以前的所為道歉
No one asked you to.
沒人讓你這樣做
I won't feel like I did anything wrong.
我沒感覺我做錯了什么
You won't feel, period!
你跟本就全無感覺
You've carved yourself a part in the world as a voyeur...
你是個浪子
A hermit, a lover when you feel like it.
是個隱士 情種 隨便你喜歡
The rest of us are supposed
我們其余的人
to feel grateful for this... Go to hell!
都該感激那短暫一刻 去死吧
It isn't human not to be lonely and afraid!
不感到寂寞和害怕的人 并不是人
You're a hypocrite and a phony!
你是不食人間煙火的偽君子
I don't want to need you.
我不想擁有你
Why?
為什么
Because I can't have you.
因為我沒法得到你
What difference does that make?
這等于沒說
Don't you see?
難道你不明白
Robert, don't you see? I just have to know the truth.
你難道不明白 我要知道你的真心
I have to know the truth, because if I don't, I'll go crazy.
因為若不知道 我會發瘋
So just tell me, either way.
請告訴我
I can't act like this is enough because it has to be.
我不能裝作這便足夠 因為
And I can't pretend not to feel what I feel...
我不能假裝沒有感受
because it's over tomorrow.
因為到明天 這一切就全完了
If I've done anything...
若我做過些什么
to make you think that...
使你認為
what we have between us is nothing new for me...
我們的結合對我來說 并不新鮮
is just some routine...
而只是逢場作戲
then I do apologize.
那么我道歉
What makes it different?
想說什么 羅伯特
When I think...
當我想起
of why I make pictures...
我為何拍照片
the only reason I can come up with...
我唯一找到的理由就是
It just seems that I've been making my way here.
它使我朝你走來
Seems right now, that all I've done in my life...
至于現在 我今生所做的
was making my way here to you.
是朝向讓我們找到對方
And if I think about leaving here tomorrow...
若我想起明天離開這兒
without you...
而沒有你同行
Don't let go.
別放開我
My God, what are we going to do?
天啊 我們怎辦呢
Where's your truck?
你的車呢
It's out behind the barn. I'll go upstairs.
在谷倉后 我到樓上去
-Hi, Madge. -I made some brown betty.
-美芝 -我弄了甜品
Sent Floyd and the boy to town. I said...
我要科萊和孩子進城
"I'm visiting my girlfriends for the afternoon."
我說今午我要探朋友 沒別的了
He said, "Who will make lunch?" I said...
他說 誰弄午餐
"I'm taking a sick day. Eat at the diner."
我說 今天我病了 吃館子吧
Isn't that hilarious? He didn't dare raise an eyebrow.
可笑嗎 他不敢爭辯
I don't even want to tell you how late he was out.
我不想告訴你 他昨天多晚才回家
Sorry 2 days passed before I came by.
抱歉遲了兩天才來
With the boy home, time escapes me.
我忙的可以
Have you heard from Richard? God, it's hot.
有理查德的消息嗎 很熱啊
Yes. It's hot.
是的 很熱
Come with me.
跟我走
Come away with me.
和我離去吧
Care for a beer?
要喝啤酒嗎
No.
You're not coming with me, are you?
你不會跟我走 是嗎
No matter how many times I turn it over in my mind...
不管我腦海中思量了多少次
it doesn't seem like the right thing.
這樣做都似乎是不對的
For who?
對誰不對
For anyone.
對任何人
They'll never be able to live through the talk.
我的家人會受不了閑話
And Richard...
而理查德
Richard will never be able to get his arms around this.
理查德 會永遠無法接受這結果
It will break him in half. He doesn't deserve that.
這會很傷他的心
He's never hurt anyone in his whole life.
他一生沒害人不該有此遭遇
He can move on. People move.
他會活下去 大家會活下去
His family has had this farm for over 100 years.
他的家族擁有這農場已百多年
He doesn't know how to live anywhere else.
他不知道如何在別處過活
And my kids...
我的孩子
They're practically grown. You said they hardly talk to you.
他們已長大成人 你說他們很少和你交談
Yeah, they don't say much.
是的 他們不大說話
But Carolyn is only 16.
但卡洛琳才十六歲
She's about to find out about all of this for herself.
她就要成熟
She's going to fall in love...
她會戀愛
and she'll try to build a life with someone.
和別人建立生活
If I leave...
我這一走
what does that say to her?
會給她樹立什么榜樣
What about us?
那我們呢
You have to know...
你得知道
deep down...
這個家
the minute we leave here, everything will change.
我一走就會完全改變
Yeah, it could... It could get better.
對 也許它變得更好
No matter how much distance
不管我們
we put between ourselves and this house...
和這房子離開有多遠
I carry it with me.
我還是會想起它
I feel it every minute we're together.
我們在一起時我亦感到它存在
And I will start to blame loving you for how much it hurts.
我會因內心痛苦 而開始自責愛你
And then, even these...
跟著 即使
even these 4...
即使那
beautiful days will
美好的四天
seem just like something sordid and a mistake.
看來也會是錯的
Do you think that what happened with us just happens to anyone?
弗朗西絲卡 你以為我們的事會發生別人身上
What we feel for each other?
我們對彼此的感受
We're hardly...
我們不再
hardly 2 separate people now.
不再是兩個分開的人
Some people search all their life and never find this.
而且別人一生追求也找不到這種愛
Others don't even think it exists.
人們認為它根本不存在
You're going to tell me...
難道你想說
You're going to tell me
難道你想說
this is the right thing to do?
我們之間的事 是"不正常"的
Giving it up?
你想放棄我們的愛
We are the choices that we have made, Robert.
這一切其實早就有結果了 羅伯特
You don't understand.
你不明白
Don't you see?
難道你不明白
Nobody understands when a woman makes a choice...
沒人明白 當女人作出抉擇
to marry and have children...
去結婚和有孩子
in one way, her life begins, but in another way, it stops.
在某方面 她的生命開始了 在另方面 卻停止了
You build a life of details...
她建立了現實的人生
and you just stop and stay steady...
而把她個人的需求放到一旁
so that your children can move. And when they leave...
好讓她的孩子能長大成人 當他們離去時
they take your life of details with them.
亦把她現實的一生帶走
You're expected to move on,
此時 她不能再過回自己的生活
but you don't remember what moved you...
也不記得 是什么令她活著
because no one's asked you in so long, not even yourself.
因許久沒人問過她 她也沒有問過自己
But you never think...
因為她從沒想過
You never think love like this will happen to you.
她沒想到會遇上這樣美妙的愛情
But now that you have it...?
但現在你遇上了
Now I want to keep it forever.
我希望永遠保留這份愛
I want to love you the way I do now for the rest of my life...
我希望終生都能這樣的愛你
but if we leave...
但若我們走了
we lose it.
就會失去
And I can't make an entire life disappear...
我不能讓一生都消失掉
to start a new one.
重新來過
All I can do is try to hold on to us...
我只能抓緊我們兩人
somewhere inside of me.
存于心底內
You have to help me.
你要幫助我
Don't lose us.
不要失去我們
Don't throw us away.
別放棄
Maybe you feel this way. Maybe you don't.
其實你不想離開我
Maybe it's because you're in this house.
但又無法離開這個家
Maybe tomorrow, when they come back, you'll feel differently.
也許明天 當他們回來
-Don't you think that's possible? -I don't know.
-你的感覺會變化 -我 不知道
Look, I'm going to be here a few more days.
聽著 我會在這兒多待幾天
We can talk later. We don't have to decide now.
我們稍后再說 不用現在做決定
Robert, don't! Don't do this.
羅伯特 別 別 這樣
I don't want to say goodbye now.
我不想現在就說再見
We don't have to make that decision.
我們不用馬上做決定
Maybe you'll change your mind.
也許你會改變主意
Maybe we'll see each other and you'll change your mind.
也許我們會再見時 你就會改變主意
If that happens you have to decide...
若那樣 你要作出決定
because I can't.
因我無法決定
I'll only say this once.
我就說這一次
I've never said it before.
以前從沒說過 因為
But this kind of certainty comes just once in a lifetime.
這樣確切的愛 一生只有一次
Look!
-You got it. -I couldn't sell him.
-你贏了 -我不能賣了它
I know. I knew you would win.
我知道 我早知道你會贏
-Good girl. Proud of you. -Thanks.
-乖女 你令我驕傲 -謝謝
-Hi, Mom. -Hi, darling.
-媽 -寶貝
-Did you eat? -Yeah. I ate.
-吃過了 -吃了
Hey, there. How you doing?
你好嗎
It didn't take you too long to get here.
你很快便回來了
There hours.
三小時
-We had fun. -Are you hungry?
-我們樂極了 -你餓嗎
I got something for you.
我有東西給你
The fair was great.
市集很好玩
You all came home.
你們全回來了
And, with you...
亦把我的
my life of details.
生活細節帶了回來
A day or 2 passed, and with each thought of him...
兩天過去了 我從早忙到晚
A task would present itself like a lifesaver...
沒有一點空閑時間去想別的
pulling me further away from those 4 days.
我覺得那四天離我越來越遠
I was grateful.
我的心里
I felt safe.
空蕩蕩的
Put me out of my misery. I can't stand the suspense.
殺了我吧 別搷著
I'm not talking about you.
不是說你
I know I'm a goner. I can't stand the suspense. Shoot.
我受不了了 開槍吧
I don't even need a blindfold.
我不需要矇眼
Condemned man's dinner. Chicken, peas, watermelon.
最后的晚餐
Do you want anything special?
晚餐你想吃什么
How about that brown sugar meat loaf?
你燒的肉卷如何
For a moment, I didn't know where I was.
一瞬間 我不知身在何處
And for a split second, I thought that he didn't really want me.
我知道他是向我告別的
That it was easy to walk away.
那時我要離開是不難的
Robert leaned over as if to get something from the glove box.
羅伯特探過身子似乎拿東西
8 days ago, he'd done that...
八天前他也曾這樣
and his arm had brushed across my leg.
他的手臂擦過我的腿
A week ago I'd been in Des Moines, buying a new dress.
一星期前我在德梅因買新裙子
That truck's a long way from home.
那車子離家鄉很遠
Washington State.
華盛頓州
I'll bet it's that photographer they talked about at the caf?
他應該就是餐廳中 人們談到的攝影師
What's he waiting for?
他在等什么
Come on!
走啊
Oh, no!
噢 不
The words were inside of me.
我在心里說
"I was wrong, Robert, to stay, but I can't go.
我錯過了羅伯特 留下是錯的 但我走不了
Let me tell you again why I can't go.
讓我告訴你 我為何不能走
Tell me again why I should go. "
請你告訴我 我為何該離去
I heard his voice coming back to me:
我聽到他的聲音的回響
"This kind of certainty comes once in a lifetime. "
這樣確切的愛 一生只有一次
What's wrong, Franny?
怎么了 親愛的
Will you please tell me what's wrong?
告訴我親愛的 你怎么了
I just need a minute.
過一會兒就好了
Dad, you bought the wrong feed!
爸 你買錯了飼料
I was grateful for the silence that night.
我很感激那晚的靜默
I realized love won't obey our expectations.
我知道愛是很難捉摸的
Its mystery is pure and absolute.
它的神秘是純正和純粹的
What Robert and I had...
羅伯特和我如果真能廝守
could not continue if we were together.
感覺反而會消失
And what Richard and I shared would vanish if we were apart.
我若和理查德分開 所共創的亦會無蹤
But how I wanted to share this!
現在我很想和家人一起
How would our lives have changed if I had?
若我走了家會變成怎樣
Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
你們能體會到家庭生活的甜蜜嗎
I'm Francesca Johnson.
我是弗朗西絲卡·約翰遜
And I...
I feel awful that I haven't visited sooner. Is it a bad time?
我很難過沒早些過來看你 打擾你嗎
Am I interrupting anything? Is it too late?
我沒打擾你吧 是否太晚了
No, not at all.
不會
We became inseparable, Lucy and I.
璐茜和我變得形影不離
The funny thing is, I
奇怪的是
didn't tell her about Robert until years later.
直到多年以后 我才向她談起羅伯特的事
But for some reason, being with her...
和她一起時
somehow made me feel...
我覺的
it was safe to think about him...
想起他是安全的
to continue loving him.
繼續愛他是安全的
This town loved talking about the two of us, but we didn't care.
鎮上的人總談論我們倆 但我們不在乎
And neither did your father.
你們的父親亦不多問
It's time.
該吃藥了
Is better?
感到好些了
Is better.
好些了
Franny.
弗朗妮
I just want to say...
我只想說
I know you had your own dreams.
我知道你有自己的夢想
I'm sorry I couldn't give them to you.
遺憾我沒能給你
I love you so very much.
我很愛你
After your father died, I tried to get in touch with Robert...
你們的父親死后 我設法聯絡羅伯特
but he had left National Geographic.
但他已離開了國家地理雜志
No one seemed to know where he was.
沒人知道他在哪兒
My only connections to him were the places we'd been that day.
唯一的關連 是我們那天到過的地方
And so, each year on my birthday...
所以每年我生日時
I'd revisit them.
我都會到那兒
Then one day, I received a letter from his attorney...
一天 我收到他的律師來信
with a package.
和一個包裹
弗朗西絲卡
四天懷念 羅伯特·金凱
God.
天啊
給弗朗西絲卡 在無路的林中有歡樂
There has not been a day since that I have not thought of him.
我每天都想起他
When he said that we were no longer 2 people, he was right.
當他說我們不再是兩個人時 他沒說錯
Bound together as tightly as 2 people can be.
我們兩人緊緊的連在一起
If it hadn't been for him...
若不是他
I could not have lasted on the farm all those years.
我無法在農場呆上多年
Remember my dress you wanted, Carolyn?
記得你想穿我的那襲裙子嗎 卡洛琳
The one you said I never wore?
你說我從沒穿過的那一條
I know I was silly...
我知道我很傻 可是
but it was like you
就好像是
wanted to wear my wedding dress to the movies.
你要穿我的婚紗去看電影
After reading all this...
看過這一切后
I hope you can now understand my burial request.
希望你們明白 我的下葬要求
It was not the ravings of some mad old lady.
這不是神經老婦的胡話
I gave my life to my family.
我把生命獻給家人
I wish to give Robert what is left of me.
把所剩的交給羅伯特
Hey, Dad.
嗨 爸爸
Can I talk to you?
我可跟你談談嗎
You've been gone all night. Do I have the right to ask where?
你整晚沒回家 我可問你去哪兒了嗎
Do I make you happy, Betty?
我令你快樂嗎
Because I want to.
因為我想你幸福
More than anything.
甚于一切
Hi, Steve. It's me.
史提夫 是我
Good.
You?
你呢
Listen, we have to talk.
我們要談談
How about now?
現在如何
I've decided to stay here for a while.
我決定留在這兒多些時間
I don't know how long.
我不知留多久
No, I'm not angry, Steve.
不 我沒生氣 史提夫
I'm not.
我不是
I'm not angry at all.
我絕沒有生氣
I gave Lucy his photography book.
我把他的影集交給璐茜
If you're interested, take a look.
若你們有興趣可看看
If my words still leave some things unclear...
若我的話仍沒說清楚
perhaps his pictures can illuminate.
也許他的照片可說明白
After all, that's what an artist does best.
畢竟 那是藝術家所勝任的事
I love you both...
我全心全意的
with all my heart.
疼愛你們兄妹
Do what you have to to be happy in this life.
你們今生要做令自己開心的事
There is so much beauty.
人生多美好
Go well, my children.
好自為之 我的孩子