楚门的世界 The Truman Show

上映日期: 1,998

语言: 英语

影片类型: 剧情 / 科幻

导演: 彼得·威尔

演员: 金·凯瑞 / 劳拉·琳妮 / 艾德·哈里斯 / 诺亚·艾默里奇 / 娜塔莎·麦克艾霍恩


台词
We've become bored with watching actors give us phony emotions.
我们看戏 看厌了虚伪的表情
We're tired of pyrotechnics and special effects.
看厌了花巧的特技
While the world he inhabits...
楚门的世界...
Is, in some respects, counterfeit,
可以说是假的
There's nothing fake about Truman himself.
楚门本人却半点不假
No scripts. No cue cards.
这节目没有剧本 没有提场
It isn't always shakespeare, but it's genuine.
未必是杰作 但如假包换
It's a life.
是一个人一生的真实记录
I'm not going to make it.
我捱不住了
现场直播
You're going to have to go on without me.
你自己去吧 不要等我
毕楚门饰演毕楚门
No way, mister.
老兄 怎可以?
You're going to the top of this mountain,
你即使一拐一拐
Broken legs and all.
也得爬上山顶
基斯督创作
We find many viewers leave him on all night for comfort.
观众通宵收看 视他如良友
You're crazy, You know that?
你发神经 知道吗?
乔韩娜饰演美露
Well, for me, There is no difference between a private life And a public life.
我的生活不分公私
My life...is my life, is the Truman show.
"真人表演"是我全部的生活
The Truman show is... A lifestyle.
"真人表演"是一种生活方式
It's a noble life.
是高尚的生活
It is...
是一种...
a truly blessed life.
美满的生活
Yeah, tell me something I don't know.
我还有什么不知道 你说吧
All right. Promise me one thing, though.
好 你要答应我一件事
If I die before I reach the summit,
未到达山顶 而我死去...
You'll use me as an alternative source of food.
你要把我当作粮食
Ew. Gross.
好恶心
高路易饰演马龙
It's all true. It's all real.
内容真真实实 原原本本
Nothing here is fake. Nothing you see On this show is fake.
各位所见的 绝无虚假
It's merely controlled.
有的只是调控
楚门的世界
Eat me, damn it. That's an order.
吃掉我 我命令你
Maybe just Your love handles.
也许只吃你的肚腩
I have love handles?
我有肚腩?
Yeah. Little ones.
有 小肚腩
Truman! You're going to be late.
楚门 你快迟到了
Ok!
知道了
第10909日播映
Good morning.
早安
Morning. Morning.
早安...
Oh, and in case I don't see you,
假如再碰不见你们
Good afternoon, Good evening, and good night.
祝你早 午 晚都安
- Morning, Truman. - Morning, Spencer.
-早安 楚门 -早安 史宾沙
Hey, pluto. No, no, no. Get down.
阿冥 不准
Spencer: He won't hurt you.
阿冥不会咬你
Get down. Ha ha. I know. It's just me.
我知道 但仍然怕
Come on, pluto.
来 阿冥
Ohh!
Holy cow.
老天
What is it?
那是什么
Radio: here's a news flash just in.
现在新闻简报
An aircraft in trouble began shedding parts
一架客机飞经桃源岛上空时
As it flew over seahaven just a few moments ago.
发生故障 零件脱落
Wow. Luckily, No one was hurt. But, hey, How do you feel today?
幸好没有击中人 各位可好?
You thinking of Flying somewhere?
正打算搭飞机?
- Nope. - No? Good.
-不 -不? 那就好了
This is classical clive with classical drive, So why don't you forget about the perils of flying,
行船走马三分险 何况搭飞机
Settle back, and let this music calm you down?
现在播段音乐 帮你宁神镇惊
Dog fancy, please.
一本"狗迷" 麻烦你
- Thank you. - Thank you very much.
-谢谢 -多谢
Ahh! Give me a paper there. Will you, Earl?
老岳 一份报纸 还有...
Oh, and, uh... One of these for the wife. Loves her fashion mags.
我要一本 太太爱看时装杂志
- Will that be all for you, Truman? - That's the whole kit and caboodle.
-还要什么? 楚门 -统统齐全
Catch you later. Ok.
再见
Hey. Hank.
汉克
Morning, Truman.
早安 楚门
Good morning, Truman.
早安 楚门
Hey, how are you, guys?
你们好
- Beautiful day, isn't it? - Oh. Always.
-今天天气很好 -天天都这样好
- Oh, and how's Your lovely wife? - Good, good. How about yours?
-太太可好? -好 你们的呢?
Oh, couldn't be better.
好极了...
Um, nice talking to you, Truman.
跟你聊聊天挺好 楚门
- You, too. - We must go now.
-跟你们聊天也挺好 -我们要赶时间
Hey, think about That policy, huh?
肯帮我买保险吗?
Ok, that's 2 for 1. That's a good deal. Doppelganger special.
买一送一 孪生子有特惠
- Hey, fellas. You going in? - Go ahead.
-老友 进去吗? -您先
- Hey. Go ahead. - No, you first, please.
-请 -不 你先
Thans!
谢了
I'm not that anxious to get there.
我不太心急进去
Fiji islands.
菲济群岛
Truman, Did you see this?
桃源获选全球最佳居所楚门 你看
Ha! Uh, I'm sorry, ma'am. If... if he's in a coma, He's probably uninsurable.
太太 抱歉 他如果昏迷就不能投保
Hello? Yes. Uh, Fiji, please.
对 菲济 麻烦你
Do you have a listing for lauren garland?
登记册有没有一位叫罗兰的人
Nothing listed?
没有
Ok. Do you have a Sylvia Garland?
叫西尔维娅的呢?
"s" for Sylvia.
"S"开头的西尔维娅
Nothing?
没有
Ok. Thank you.
谢谢
- Lawrence. - Hey, burbank.
-劳伦斯 -楚门
Got a prospect in wells park I need you to close.
维园有一宗保险 我要你去成交
W-wells park?
维园?
On, uh... harbor island?
在港岛那里?
You know another one?
还有别处吗?
Well, I can't do it.
不行
I, uh, have an appointment. Dentist. Or... Yeah.
我要见牙医 我的牙齿要补
You're going to lose a lot more than your teeth if you don't meet your quota.
你卖不够保险 要补的不仅是牙齿
Look, Truman. They're making cutbacks at the end of this month.
公司打算月底裁员
Cutbacks?
裁员?
Yeah. Now, you need this.
这宗生意你一定要做成
Besides, a half hour across the bay, a little sea air... would do you good.
顺便去吹吹海风 对你有益
Hey, thanks.
谢谢
港岛渡轮码头
Hello. Ferry still here, huh?
渡轮还没开出?
Thought I might have missed it.
我以为错过了
One-way or return?
单程还是来回?
Return.
来回
There you go, sir.
你的票
Do you need any help, sir?
可以帮你吗?
You go ahead. I'll... I'll be fine.
你走吧 我没事
Hi, honey.
亲爱的
Look what I got free at the checkout.
超级市场有赠品 看
It's a chef's pal.
叫"厨师良伴"
It's a dicer, grater, peeler... all in one.
剁 磨 削 一物多用
Never needs sharpening, dishwasher safe.
不会钝 可以用洗碗碟机洗
Wow! That's amazing.
真神奇
Truman...
楚门
You missed a spot.
剪漏了一块
That is a beer.
这才算是啤酒
You know, I'm thinking about getting out, marlon.
马龙 我想离开
Yeah? Out of what?
离开 离开什么?
Out of my job, out of seahaven.
离开我的工作 离开桃源岛
Off this island. Out. Out of your job? What the hell's wrong with your job?
你想辞工 为什么?
You have a great job, Truman. You have a desk job.
你的工作舒舒服服 只处理文件
I'd kill for a desk job.
我很羡慕
Here you go.
到你
You should try stocking vending machines for a living.
想改行做杂货?
- No, thanks. - Now, there's excitement.
-不想 -杂货够刺激
Don't you ever get antsy? Itchy feet?
你从没兴趣到外面走走?
Where's there to go?
走到哪里?
Fiji.
菲济
Where the hell's Fiji? Near florida?
菲济在哪里? 靠近佛罗里达?
See here?
看见吗?
Yeah. This is us...
我们在这里
And all the way around here...
绕个圈...
Fiji.
菲济
You can't get any further away before you start coming back.
再走远一点 就回来
You know, there are still islands in Fiji where no human being has ever set foot.
菲济有些岛屿是没有人到过的
So, when are you going to go?
那么 你打算几时去?
It's not that simple.
要去 并不简单
It takes... money, planning.
需要钱 筹备
I can't just up and go.
不能说走就走
Right.
I'm going to do it. Don't worry about that.
但我会去 一定会
Bonus time is just around the corner.
公司很快派花红
Hey, you coming for a drink?
来喝杯酒吗?
No. I can't tonight.
今晚不行
I don't like the look of that weather, son. I think we should head back.
似乎快有风暴 划回去吧
- Oh, no, dad. Not yet. - No, come on. We should go back.
-爸 多划一会 -应该回去了
A bit farther. Listen... Please?
多划一会嘛
Ok.
好的
Daddy!
You're soaked. Where have you been?
像只落汤鸡 去过哪里?
I figure if we can scrape together 8,000...
如果筹到八千元...
Every time you and marlon get together
每次跟马龙玩完后..
We can bum around the world for a year on that.
就可节俭 到处旅行一年
And then what, Truman? We'd be where we were 5 years ago.
然后打回原形 不名一文
You're talking like a teenager.
你不现实得像个少年
Well, maybe I feel like a teenager.
也许我的心境像少年
We have mortgage payments, Truman.
我们要供房子
We have car payments.
还要供车
What, we're just going to walk away from our financial obligations?
不能一走了之 置财务责任于不顾
It would be an adventure.
会好刺激
I thought we were going to try for a baby.
我们不打算生儿育女吗?
Isn't that enough of an adventure?
还不够刺激?
That can wait.
儿女可迟点生 我想出外走走
I want to get away... See some of the world
见见世面 闯新天地!
Honey, you want to be an explorer?
楚门 闯新天地...
This'll pass.
这种冲动谁都有过
We all think like this now and then.
但迟早会明白不切实际
Let's get you out of these wet clothes, hmm?
先脱掉湿衫裤 好不好?
Come to bed.
上床吧
You never See anything anyway.
每逢上床
They always... Turn the camera and play music and...
镜头必定移开 播放音乐
You know, The wind blows in, and the curtains move, and you don't See anything.
风吹帘动 观众什么都看不见
- Dog Fancy, please. - Dog Fancy.
-"狗迷" 麻烦你 -好的
Thank you.
谢谢
Paper, earl, please. Paper.
老岳 报纸
Oh...I might as well pick one of these up.
顺便要份时装杂志
- For the wife? - She's got to have them.
-给太太的 -少不得
- Anything else, Truman? - That's the whole ball of wax.
-还要什么? -统统齐全
Catch you later.
再见
Dad?
爸?
Ohh! Hey, what are you doing?
你们干什么?
Hey! What the...
究竟...
Get out of the way!
让开
Stop them!
截住他们!
Stop those people!
截住他们!
Stop! Stop!
Hey! Open the doors! Somebody stop the bus!
打开门 停车!
Stop the bus!
停下巴士...
Somebody stop it!
停车!
It doesn't sound insane at all, Truman.
一点也不出奇
I see him 10 times a week in a hundred different faces.
我经常见到你爸爸的影子
I almost hugged a perfect stranger In the salon last thursday.
上星期四 我差点抱错了人
It was dad.
我明明见到爸爸!
I swear. Dressed like a homeless man.
他样子像个流浪汉
And you know what else was strange?
最不可思议的是...
A businessman and a woman with a little dog
一个商人和一个拉着狗的女人
came out of nowhere and forced him onto a bus.
突然出现 把他推上巴士
Well, it's about time they cleaned up the trash downtown
市政局早应该驱逐流浪汉
Before we become just like the rest of the country.
否则本地也会乱七八糟
They never found Dad's body.
爸爸的尸体一直打捞不到
- Maybe somehow - Oh, god.
-也许他们... -天啊
I'm telling you, if it wasn't him, it was his twin.
我见到的 是他的孪生兄弟?
Did dad have A brother?
爸爸有没有兄弟?
Truman, you know perfectly well. That your father was an only child.
你很清楚爸爸是个独子
Just like you.
像你一样
Now, sweetie... You're just feeling bad because of what happened.
楚门... 你爸爸淹死 你觉得内疚
You sailing off into that storm.
你把船向风暴驶去
But I've never blamed you, Truman...
但我从来没有怪你
And I don't blame you now.
一向都不怪你
Truman?
楚门
What are you doing down here?
你在地下室干什么?
Fixing the mower.
修理剪草机
Saw my father today.
今天我见到爸爸
I know.
我知道
Your mother called.
你妈妈打过电话来
You really shouldn't upset her like that.
你不应该触动她的伤心事
Did you want... What did you want?
找我干什么?
I made macaroni.
我煮了通心粉
I'm not hungry.
我不饿
You know...You really ought to throw out that mower.
我们应该扔掉那剪草机
Get one of those new elk rotaries.
买一部爱奇牌剪草机吧
What's he doing?
他在干什么?
See, they got rid of her, but they couldn't erase the memory.
她虽然被带走 但他对她念念不忘
The memory of who?
不忘谁?
节目播送第10910日
- Whoa. Ow! OK? - You OK? All right?
-你没事吧? -你呢
- I'm so sorry I fell on you like that. - It's ok.
-我撞倒你 对不起 -不要紧
- I'm just... I've been such a klutz all day. - It's all right.
-我失魂落魄 -不要紧
Sprained this ankle. Oh, my goodness.
我必定扭伤了脚踝
Oh, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry to fall on you like that.
摔在你身上 对不起
Oh, that's all right. Don't worry about it.
不要紧 不用介意
- I'm Meryl. - Hi. I'm Truman.
-我叫美露 -我叫楚门
Hey. Nice to meet you.
幸会...
Truman, you've studied enough.
楚门 你太用功了
No. I got to commit this to memory.
我要记熟
Come on, Truman, one ice-cold brewski.
一起去喝杯冰冻啤酒
Come on.
来吧
Come on. You're going to have to copy off me, so be careful.
你要小心 你抄我 我错你就错
I know it.
我知道
No? You're a better person than I am.
楚门 你比我老实 再见
See you later.
再见...
Bye. See you later, loser.
再见 傻瓜
Konnichi-wa.
你说什么?
Oh. You take japanese.
你在学日文
Oh, yes. Yeah.
对了
Lauren, right?
你叫罗兰 对吗?
It's on the...
上面写着...
Lauren. Right, right.
罗兰 对
I'm Truman burbank.
我叫楚门
Yeah. I... I know.
我知道
you know, I'm not allowed to talk to you.
他们不准我跟你交谈
Really?
真的?
Yeah. Well, I can understand that. I'm a pretty dangerous character.
可以明白 我是个危险人物
I'm sorry. It's not up to me.
对不起 我作不了主
A girl's got to be careful.
女儿家当然要小心
You have a boyfriend, right?
你有男朋友 对不对?
No, it's not that.
不是因为男朋友
Was it Meryl, that girl that was with me?
因为跟我一起那小姐?
We're not... we don't... We're not... we're just... We're friends.
我们... 只是普通朋友
It's nothing like that.
不是因为她
It's how I look? Not your type?
因为我的样子不合眼缘?
No.
I like your pin.
我喜欢你的襟章
I like your pin.
怎样收场?我喜欢你的襟章
怎样收场?
I was wondering that myself.
我自己也不知道
Mmm. Would you want to... maybe possibly...
你愿不愿意...
Sometime go out for some pizza or something?
陪我上街 去吃薄饼?
Like, friday?
星期五?
- Saturday? - I can't.
-星期六? -我不能
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday?
星期天 星期一 星期二?
现在
We have finals tomorrow.
明天是期终考试
Yeah, I know.
我知道
If we don't go now, it won't happen.
我们现在不去 以后没有机会
Do you understand?
明白吗?
So, what do you want to do?
你认为怎样?
Please keep your hands inside the car!
不要把手伸出车外
This is my favorite pizza place.
这是我最喜欢吃薄饼的地方
Tony! One large, extra plankton.
东尼 来个大薄饼 多加点水藻
We have so little time. They're going to be here any minute.
我们时间无多 他们快来了
- Who are? - They don't want me talking to you.
-谁? -他们不想我和你交谈
Then don't talk.
那就别交谈好了
They're here.
他们来了
- Truman. - What do they want?
-楚门 -他们想怎样?
Listen to me. Everybody knows about you. Everybody knows everything you do.
听我说 人人都清楚你的一切
They're pretending, Truman. Do you understand? Everybody's pretending.
人人都在假装 明白吗?
- Lauren, I don't know... - No, my name's not lauren.
-我不明白... -不... 我不是罗兰
It's Sylvia. My name's Sylvia.
我叫西尔维娅
- Sylvia? - Yeah.
-西尔维娅? -是的
Lauren, sweetheart, not again.
罗兰 你又来了
Hey, wait a minute. Who are you?
等等 你是谁?
- I'm her father! - What?
-她的爸爸 -什么?
- I've never even Seen him before. - We didn't do anything.
-我没见过他 -我们没做什么
- Honey, please. - He's lying.
-乖女儿 我们走吧 -他撒谎
Truman, please, Don't listen to him. Everything I've told you is the truth.
别信他 我说的话都是真的!
This, it's fake. It's all for you.
这是假的! 是为你而设的!
- I don't understand. - The sky and the sea, Everything... it's a set.
-我不明白 -什么都是虚构的
It's a show. Everybody's watching you. Please don't listen to him.
是做戏 人人在看你 别信他
He's gonna lie to you. They're watching us now.
他会骗你! 小心!
- What's going on? - Schizophrenia. She has episodes.
-究竟什么事? -精神分裂
- Please. Oh, no! - We've tried everything.
-求求你! 不要! -我们已经尽量医她
Don't worry. You're not the first.
别担心 你不是第一个
- Truman! - She brings all her boyfriends down here.
-不要听他的 -她把所有男朋友都带来这里
What's he saying? Truman, he's lying!
他在说什么? 楚门 他在骗你
Get out of here. Come and find me.
你要逃出去 逃出去找我
Don't worry.
我们在学校再见
Fiji. We're moving to Fiji.
我们要搬去菲济
Fiji?
菲济?
Sylvia!
西尔维娅!
Why didn't he just follow her to Fiji?
他为什么不跟她去菲济?
His mother got sick, really sick.
他妈妈患了大病
He couldn't leave her. He's kind. Maybe he's too kind.
他孝顺 不忍心离开 也许太孝顺了
I can't believe he married Meryl on the rebound.
他失去罗兰不久 就娶了美露
Excuse me.
对不起
Come on, sal. We've already got this on the greatest hits tape.
我们已有那段剧情的影带
Can I borrow that?
可以借给我吗?
怎样收场?
Close, but no cigar.
有几分相像 但不全像
Radio announcer: And it's another beautiful day in paradise, folks
世外桃源又一天
But don't forget to buckle up out there in radio land.
但大家要记着 系上安全带
Wait for the cue. Wait for the cue.
等候提示
准备
Stand by, one.
准备出动
He's heading west on stewart.
他沿史超活道西行 临记准备
Stand by, all extras. He'll be on you in about 90 seconds.
90秒后 他会到达
Props, make sure the coffee's hot.
记得放小狗出来
Ok, he's making his turn onto lancaster square.
他转入兰嘉士打广场
兰嘉士打广场
Aah! Man on radio: oh, my god. He nearly hit her.
惨 他差点撞倒人
Something's wrong. Change frequencies.
更改频率
Ouch. Sorry about that, folks.
抱歉 我们忙中有错
I guess we picked up a police frequency or something. It sometimes happens, and it can drive you crazy.
刚才无意中播放了警察电台
Ok, it's classical clive back in here,
现在是贾礼金曲时间
And we've still got some great music up ahead,
我们为你准备了精彩的音乐
But hey, don't forget to buckle up. Remember safety.
但大家记紧 扣好安全带
A good driver is a safe driver. A safe driver is what?
小心驶得万年车 对不对?
驱逐流浪汉 桃源岛长老忍无可忍
I love that idea.
我喜欢这个想法
It's pretty cool, isn't it?
这很酷吧?
Yeah, I love it.
是啊,我喜欢
Can I help?
有何贵干?
Yeah. I have an appointment at gable enterprises.
我约见了基宝企业
That's impossible.
不可能
- What's happening? - Nothing.
-什么事? -没什么
Just tell me What's happening.
说 什么事?
Got to go, sir. We're remodeling.
请离开 现在正装修
No, you're not. What are those people doing back there?
不是 他们是什么人?
It's none of Your business.
不关你事...
If you don't tell me what's Happening, I'll report you!
你不说 我去报警
You're trespassing.
你擅闯他人地方!
Marlon!
马龙
Truman. What are you Doing here?
楚门 什么事?
I gotta talk to you.
我想说句话
It's a bad time, ok? I'm way behind.
我现在没有空...
I'm onto something, marlon. Something big.
有些不寻常的事 很不寻常
You ok? You look like shit.
你面色发青
- I think I'm mixed up in something. - Mixed up in what?
-我可能惹上麻烦 -什么麻烦?
There's no point Trying to explain it
很难解释
But a lot of strange things Have been happening.
总之千奇百怪
The people on the elevator. There was no backing on it.
升降机里面有人 却没有墙
I looked out. There was people there.
我看过去 看到人
And on the radio on the way to work,
我上班途中 听收音机
It starts following me along, talking about everything that I'm doing.
我一举一动 收音机直接播放
- You know what I mean? - Truman, look, this is One of your fantasies.
-明白吗? -你想像力太丰富了
- I think this is about my dad. - Your dad?
-这事跟我爸爸有关 -你爸爸?
I think he's alive.
他可能依然活着
Yeah. I'll tell you about it later. I'm definitely being followed.
一定有人在跟踪我
Who?
谁在跟踪你?
It's hard to tell. They look just like regular people.
很难说 似乎是普通人
How about those two?
这两个呢?
I don't know. Could be.
不知道 有可能
It's when I'm unpredictable, That's... they can't...
我一有突发举动 他们就...
- Did anything happen? - No.
-有没有事情发生? -没有
Mm-hmm. We gotta get out of here.
跟我走 行吗?
- You ready to go? - No.
-准备好了吗 -不行
- No. I just came here. - Come on, come on, come on!
- 我才刚来这里 -快点 快点
I told you I can't.
我告诉你我不能
You're gonna get both our asses Fired. You know that.
我们都会被炒鱿鱼
- Ok, man, Let's do it. - What?
-无所谓 -什么?
Whatever you say. I'm game.
你要怎样就怎样
Marlon: what are you talking about?
你在说什么?
Yes, siree. Your birthday comes but once a year.
对了 你的生日一年只有一次!
Maybe I'm being set up for something.
我可能受到别人操纵
You ever think about that, marlon?
你有没有这种感觉
Like your whole life has been building towards something?
好像一生都身不由己
Mmm, no.
没有
When you were hauling chickens In the summer for kaiser
那年夏天 你替凯撒运鸡...
What was The furthest you ever got off the island?
离开过桃源岛 到过哪里?
Went all over. Never found a place like this, though.
什么地方都到过 但都不及这里
Look at that sunset, Truman.
看看这日落
It's perfect.
瑰丽无比
Yeah. That's the big guy.
对 上帝的杰作
Quite a paintbrush he's got.
简直鬼斧神工
Yup.
是啊
Just between you and me, marlon...
你不要告诉别人
I'm going away for a while.
我打算出外走走
Really?
真的?
Yeah.
Oh, little angel.
小天使
Oh, my little clown.
小笑弹
Old carrot top.
红萝卜
The best photos.
最好的照片
We should be getting you home, mother.
应该送你回家了
Hold on a minute. Here's us at mount rushmore.
等等 我们在伟人石像前拍的照片
Do you remember, Truman, When dad was still with us?
记得吗?你的爸爸当时还在生
That was quite a drive. You slept the whole way there.
车程很远 你一直在车里睡
It looks so small.
石像看来很小
Things always do when you look back, darling.
回忆里的东西总比真实的小
Oh, look, Truman. The happiest day of our lives.
你看 那是我们最快乐的一天
Oh, look. Jean, Jodie, Joanne.
看 珍 茱迪 钟安
Doesn't she look beautiful, Truman?
她多漂亮 对不对?
Well, she still does.
仍然漂亮
And there's lots of pages left over for baby photos.
还有很多空页可以贴小孩照片
I would like to hold a grandchild in my arms before I go.
我希望有生之年能抱孙子
- Angela, we really should be getting you home. - I'll take her.
-我们应该送你回家 -我送她
No, no, no. You stay, relax.
不... 你坐着 休息一下
Enjoy yourself. Your favorite show will be coming on.
你喜欢的节目快播映了
Besides, we have something to discuss.
况且 美露和我有些话想说
A certain person's birthday.
关于某人的生日
Oh, I see.
明白了
And there'll be another episode Of I love lucy same time tomorrow.
明天继续收看"我爱露丝"
But right now it's time for golden oldies.
现在是"怀旧名片"时间
Tonight, we present the enduring, much-loved classic
今晚我们播映脍炙人口的...
Show me the way to go home.
"归心似箭"
A hymn of praise to small-town life,
本片歌颂小镇生活
Where we learn that you don't have to leave home
令我们体验到在家千日好
To discover What the world's all about, and that no one is poor who has friends.
故乡的浓厚人情味
Full of laughter and love, pain and sadness,
悲欢离合 笑中有泪
But ultimately redemption,
迷途知返
We share the trials and tribulations of the abbott family.
我们见证柯家的奋斗
Note the touching performance of ronald brierly as uncle buddy.
毕朗奴饰演叔叔 感人肺腑
And that scene with the bowl of cherries is gonna
那碗樱桃的一幕
have you splitting your sides with laughter all over again.
保证各位捧腹
And there'll be tears, too, when david and jennifer are reunited.
大卫 珍妮花重逢 赚人热泪
But enough from me.
我不再多讲
Let's join the abbotts in camden village.
现在就送上锦丹村的柯家
Oh. Thank you, sweetie.
楚门 谢谢你
I need to talk to you, But let's go outside.
跟我到外面去 我有话想说
Oh, sweetie, I'd love to, But I'm really late.
我很想听 但要赶时间
What's your rush?
到哪里去?
Surgery.
做手术
There was that elevator disaster downtown. It was on the news last night.
升降机发生意外 新闻有报导
This cable just snapped.
钢缆断了
This elevator, It just plummeted down 10 flights.
从十楼跌下
The non-union workers.
乘客非死则伤
Just monsters. You know, that building, It's right next door to where you work.
那部升降机在你公司附近
Can you imagine if you had been in there?
幸好你没有搭
It's not even worth thinking about.
否则不堪设想
Anyway, I have an amputation on one of the young women in that elevator.
有位女乘客要做切肢手术
She's very young. It's very sad.
她很年轻的 真不幸
Anyway, wish me luck.
祝我顺利吧
I'll cross my fingers for you.
我会叠手指 祝你顺利
Uh, excuse me. Hi, excuse me. May I help you?
对不起...请问你什么事?
Oh, uh... Yes. I'm looking for my wife, Nurse Burbank.
我太太美露是这里的护士
It's very important.
我有急事要找她
I'm afraid that that's not possible. She's in pre-op.
不可以 她要做手术
Sure. Ok, fine. Can you pass along a message?
替我传个口讯 行吗?
I'll try.
我会试试
Can you tell her I had to go to Fiji and that I'll call her when I get there?
我要去菲济 抵达后会致电给她
When you... when you get to Fiji?
抵达菲济后?
You got it.
对了
Fine. I'll tell her.
我会告诉她
Thank you so much.
非常感激
- Sorry. - It's ok.
-对不起 -不要紧
我帮你
He's here.
他来了
I know, I know. Shh, shh, shh.
我知道
Scalpel.
解剖刀
I'm now making my primary incision
我现在在右膝上...
Just above the right knee.
做初步切割
Hold her
按着她
Nicely done.
割得恰到好处
This isn't going to be pretty.
没什么好看 除非你是家属
It's just Beautiful. Beautiful job.
你手术的确高明
I'll just let someone else tidy up here.
让其他人来收拾吧
乘客留意
可能发生在你身上
- I'm sorry to keep you. - Oh, that's ok.
-要你等 对不起 -不要紧
How can I help?
可以效劳吗?
I would like to book a flight to Fiji.
一张去菲济的机票
When would you like to leave?
几时出发?
Today.
今天
I'm sorry. I don't have anything for at least a month.
抱歉 起码要一个月后才有位
A month?
一个月后?
It's the busy season.
现在是旺季
You want to book the flight?
要不要订位?
It doesn't matter. I'll make other arrangements, ok?
不要了 我试试其他交通工具
Last call for chicago!
往芝加哥乘客 请即上车
All aboard!
所有乘客上车
Thank you.
谢谢
Windy city, here we come.
风中之城芝加哥 我们来也
Hi. Hi.
你好
Hello.
你好
Sisters.
修女
Hey, mom, isn't that...
妈妈 那个人是不是...
Shh. Face the front.
看前面 乖女儿
Everybody off. We've got a problem.
各位下车 机件故障
I'm sorry, son.
对不起 小伙子
His father was from Chicago, wasn't he?
他的爸爸是芝加哥人 对吗?
No. His dentist was from pensacola.
不... 他的牙医是佛罗里达人
His father was from des moines.
他爸爸是爱荷华人
But how come he wants to go to chicago?
为什么去芝加哥?
He's not going to chicago. He's not going anywhere.
他不想去 哪里也不想去
He has to have it out with Meryl.
只是和美露斗气
Truman?
楚门?
Honey, are you ok?
你没事吧
Get in.
上车
Truman.
楚门?
Look.
What? Shh.
什么?
I predict that in just a moment
待会儿将会见到...
We will see a lady on a red bike,
一位太太骑着红色单车
Followed by a man with flowers
然后有个人拿着鲜花
And a volkswagen beetle with a dented fender.
跟着有架黄色甲虫型福士
- Truman, please. - Look.
-楚门 拜? 你 -看!
Lady...
太太
Flowers...
鲜花
And...
然后呢?
Truman, this is silly.
太无聊
There it is! There it is!
来了
There's that dented Beetle! Yes!
一架黄色福士
Don't you want to know how I did that?
知道我怎猜中吗?
I'll tell you. They're on a loop.
很简单 他们在兜圈
They go around the block. They come back.
沿着附近几条街 不断兜圈
They go around again. They just go round and round. Round and round.
团团转
I invited rita and marlon for a barbecue on sunday.
我请了马龙夫妇周日来烧烤
I won't be here Sunday.
我不会在这里
And I need you to remind me That we need more charcoal.
记得提醒我买炭
Are you listening to a word I'm saying?
我的话你有没有听见?
You're upset because You want to go to Fiji. Is that it?
你讲来讲去 都要去菲济
Ok, ok, go.
去吧
I think you should save for a few months and then go. There.
但应该储几个月的生活费才去
Are you happy now?
现在满意了没有?
I want to go take a shower.
我想去洗个澡
Let's go now.
我们现在就去
I'm ready to go now. Why wait?
我现在可以去了
Early bird gathers no moss. Rolling stone catches the worm, right?
坐言起行 早走早着 对不对
Truman, What are you doing?
你在干什么?
Truman!
楚门
Where shall we go? Where shall we go?
应该驶到哪里去?
Truman, where are we going?
楚门 我们去哪里?
I don't really know. I guess I'm being spontaneous.
我只是漫无目的 顺其自然
Somebody help me! I'm being spontaneous!
不得了 我顺其自然起来!
Truman. Forget Fiji. can't very well drive to Fiji, can we?
不去菲济了 反正开车去不到
What about Atlantic city?
不如去大西洋城?
Oh, no, you hate to gamble.
不要去 你讨厌赌博
- That's right, I do, don't I? - So why would you want to go there?
-的确讨厌 -为什么还去?
Because I never have.
因为没去过
That's why people go places, isn't it?
观光就是去没去过的地方
Truman, Truman, I think I'm gonna throw up.
楚门 我想呕吐
Me, too.
我也想
Blocked at every turn.
到处都塞车
Beautifully synchronized, don't you agree?
配合得天衣无缝 对吗?
You're blaming me for the traffic?
连塞车你也怪我?
Should I?
应该吗?
Truman... Let's go home.
我们回家吧
You're right. We could be stuck here for hours.
好 塞车可能塞几个钟头
It could be like this all the way to atlantic city. Let's go back.
一直塞到大西洋城 回去吧
I'm sorry. I don't know what got into me.
我一时糊涂 不应该去
Can you please slow down?
可以驶慢一点吗?
Yes, I can.
可以
- Truman! Truman! That's our turn off! - I changed my mind again.
-你忘记转弯 -我又改变主意
What's new orleans like this time of year?
新奥尔良这几天应该好热闹
Mardi gras! Whoo! Ha ha ha!
是狂欢节
Look, Meryl, same road, no cars.
看 同一条路 一部车都没有
It's magic. Ha ha ha!
像魔术一样
You let me out. You're not right in the head.
我要下车 你的脑袋有毛病
You want to destroy yourself, do it on your own.
你要自毁 自毁到够
I think I'd like a little company.
我要人陪
Oh, Truman... You knew this would happen.
你明知故犯
You know you can't drive over water.
明知道自己不敢开车过海
Let's go home where you'll feel safe.
回家吧 你会觉得安全
- Give me your hand. Sweetie...
-伸手过来 -楚门
Drive.
你转弯
Truman!
楚门
We shouldn't be doing this! We're breaking the law!
不可以 这样做是犯法
Oh, my! You can do it!
惨!
Please, don't!
不要
- You can make it! - Truman!
-你办得到 -楚门
Aah! Oh, we're over! We're over the bridge! We're over the bridge!
过了桥 我们过了桥...
- We're over? We're over the bridge. - We're over the bridge.
-过了吗? -我们过了桥...
We're over!
我们过了桥
山火警告: 极度危险
- Truman! What about that sign? - They're exaggerating. We'll be fine.
-有山火 -骗人 别怕
Exaggerating? Do you believe that?
你不相信吗?
Oh, my! Oh, my! Truman, we're on fire!
着火了...
It's ok. We're on fire! It's ok. It's just smoke.
只是烟雾...
- You ok? - Yes.
-你没事吧? -没事
- Want to do it again? - No! Ha ha ha ha!
-想再试吗? -不想
Truman, stop! Oh, god!
楚门 停车
Oh! So, what are we going to do for money When we get to new orleans?
我们没有钱 到新奥尔良怎办
I have my seahaven bank card.
我有桃源的银行卡
We're just going to eat Into our savings, is that it?
你打算动用储蓄?
I'm going to have to call your mother when we get there.
一到达 我要打电话给你妈妈
She's going to be worried sick.
她一定担心得要命
I don't know how she's going to take this.
可能受不起打击
What now?
又有什么事?
Red alert! This is a red alert!
桃源核电站红色警报 红色警报
Truman, it looks like a leak at the plant.
楚门 看起来是工厂核泄露
核电厂似乎辐射泄露
Back up! Back up! Leak at the plant. We had to shut her down.
掉头 核电厂辐射泄露 要关闭核电厂似乎辐射泄露
Back up! Back up! Leak at the plant. We had to shut her down.
掉头 核电厂辐射泄露 要关闭
Is there Any way around?
可不可以绕路?
Whole area's Being evacuated.
全区都要疏散
- Is there anything I can do? - No, ma'am.
-要我帮忙吗? -不用
- Thank you for your help. - You're welcome, Truman.
-谢谢你 -不用客气 楚门
Truman.
楚门
Truman! Truman!
楚门
Truman, come back!
楚门... 回来
Truman! Truman! Stop him!
截停他
Unh! Truman!
楚门
Stay away!
不要走过来
Unh! Aah!
不要...
Thank you both so much for your help. I really appreciate it.
麻烦了你们 很不好意思
He's lucky to be alive, ma'am. Next time, we'll have to file charges.
这次放过他 下次我们要检控
I understand.
我明白
- Thanks again. - Good night.
-再次谢谢你们 晚安 -晚安
Let me get you some help, Truman.
你需要接受治疗
You're not well.
你有病
Why do you want to have a baby with me?
为什么要替我生孩子?
You can't stand me.
你不喜欢我
That's not true.
不是
Why don't you let me fix you some of this new mococoa drink?
我去倒杯莫可可给你
All natural cocoa beans From the upper slopes of mount nicaragua.
尼加拉瓜山天然可可炼制
No artificial sweeteners.
不含人工糖分
What the hell are you talking about?
你在说什么?
Who are you talking to?
跟谁说话?
I've tasted other cocoas. This is the best.
各种可可中 莫可可最好喝
What the hell does this have to do with anything?
跟我们有什么关系?
Tell me what's happening!
究竟什么事?
You're having a nervous breakdown, that's what.
你还问? 你自己精神崩溃
You're part of this, aren't you?
你有份 对不对?
- Truman! - Meryl!
-楚门 -美露
You... are... scaring me!
你吓怕了我
No, you're scaring me, Meryl.
你才吓怕了我
What are you going to do?
你打算怎样处置我?
Dice me? Slice me and peel me?
剁? 切? 削?
There are so many choices!
多种选择
Aah! Do something!
快想想办法
What? What did you say?
你说什么?
Who are you talking to?
你跟谁说话?
Nothing. I didn't say anything. I didn't say anything.
我没有说话 什么也没说
- You said, "do something." - No, I didn't. I wasn't talking to anybody.
-你有 -我没有
- Talk to me! - I don't know anything! Please stop!
-告诉我 -我毫不知情 停手
[banging]Stay where You are!
不要动
Truman?
楚门?
Truman?
楚门
Oh, thank god! Oh, thank god!
谢天谢地
How can anyone expect me to carry on under these conditions?
叫我怎忍受下去?
It's unprofessional!
完全没有专业精神
Shh, it's ok.
不要怕
Everything's gonna be ok.
没事 不要怕
It's all gonna be fine.
会好起来的
I don't know what to think, marlon.
我脑袋一片混乱
Maybe I'm losing my mind, but...
快要疯了
It feels like the whole world revolves around me somehow.
全世界似乎绕着我而转
That's a lot of world for one man, Truman.
即是说 你自以为好重要
Sure that's not wishful thinking?
不是有点一厢情愿吗?
You wishing you'd made something more out of yourself?
你感觉郁郁不得志?
Come on, who hasn't sat in the john,
不得志是很正常的感觉
Had an imaginary interview on seahaven tonight?
谁也希望踌躇满志
Who hasn't wanted to be somebody?
谁也希望做个名人
This is different. Everybody seems to be in on it.
我的意思是人人都似乎在串谋
I've been your best friend Since we were 7 years old.
你七岁时 我们已经是老朋友
The only way you and I ever Made it throug
读书考试 你抄我
school was by cheating off each other's test papers.
我抄你
Jesus, they were identical.
你我的答案一模一样
But I always felt safe knowing that.
我总觉得安全
'Cause whatever the answer was,
因为无论答对还是答错
We were right together and we were wrong together.
我们都能够一同对 一同错
Remember when I stayed up all night in your tent
那一晚去露营 通宵不睡
'Cause you wanted to play north pole?
因为你要扮北极
And I got pneumonia?
搞到我得肺炎
You remember that?
记得吗?
You were out of school for about a month.
你要向学校请了一个月的病假
You're the closest thing I ever had to a brother.
你我亲如兄弟
I know that things...
我知道...
Haven't really worked out for either of us
你我的人生都不算顺利
Like we used to dream they would.
离理想相当远
I know that feeling, when it's like everything's slipping away...
觉得时不与我
You don't want to believe it
你无法面对现实 于是...
So you look for answers somewhere else, but...
疑神疑鬼
Well... the point is... I'd gladly walk in front of traffic for you.
但我肯为你这朋友 两胁插刀
Well... the point is, I would gladly step in front of traffic for you, Truman.
但我肯为你这朋友 两胁插刀
And the last thing I'd ever do is lie to you.
怎也不会欺骗你
And the last thing that I would ever do...
怎也不会...
Is lie to you.
欺骗你
I mean, think about it, Truman.
你不妨想一想
If everybody is in on it...
假如人人都串谋
I'd have to be In on it, too.
即是说 我也串谋
I'm not in on it, Truman, because...
我没有串谋 因为...
There is no "It."
根本没有这回事
You were right about one thing, though.
但有一件事你是对的
What's that?
什么事?
The thing that started all this.
这场风波的起因
Yep. I found him for you, Truman.
我替你找到他
That's why I came by tonight.
所以我今晚来找你
I'm sure he's got quite a story to tell.
他必定有很多话要说
Go to him.
你过去吧
Easy on the fog.
烟雾不要太浓
Stand by, crane cam.
吊臂摄影机准备
Crane cam.
吊臂摄影机
Button cam 3.
按摄影机三号
I never stopped believing.
我一直都相信你没遇难
And wide, curb cam 8.
用广角镜 路边摄影机八号
My son! Oh!
乖儿子
- Move in For a closeup? - No, no, no.
-要不要特写? -暂时不要
Move back and...
等一下
Fade up music.
加强配乐
And now go in close.
现在特写
All those years wasted.
这么多年 白白过去
I'll make it up to you, son.
我会弥补你的损失
I swear.
一定会
Dad.
爸爸
Yes!
厉害
Bravo. That was a really great experience.
很精彩
Congratulations.
恭喜
Ok, quiet down. Let's concentrate.
大家静一点 留神
That was good work.
干得好
Let's get some champagne up here.
开香槟庆祝
Congratulations. Brilliant, Christof. Just brilliant.
基斯督 太精彩了
It just broke my heart.
多么感人肺腑
- Well done, everyone! - Bravo! Bravo!
-大家干得好 恭喜 -好...
楚门喝尼加拉瓜山出产
由顶级可可炼制的莫可可
1.7 billion were there for his birth.
十七亿人见证他出生
巨星诞生
220 countries tuned in for his first step.
220个国家收看他学走路
The world stood still for that stolen kiss,
举世静观他初吻
And as he grew, so did the technology.
他与科技并肩成长
An entire human life recorded on an intricate network of hidden cameras
一个人的一生 由秘密摄影网络记录下来
And broadcast live and unedited 24 hours a day,
原汁原味 一天二十四小时
7 days a week to an audience around the globe.
在全球不停直播
Coming to you now from seahaven island,
桃源岛是一个
Enclosed in the largest studio ever constructed
规模空前庞大的片场
And along with the great wall of China,
从太空俯瞰地球可以看到的
One of only 2 manmade structures visible from space,
唯有桃源岛和万里长城
Now in its 30th great year,
"真人表演"已经踏入
It's the Trueman show.
光辉的第三十年
What a week it's been.
过去一个星期
I don't know about you... I was on pins and needles the entire time.
高潮迭起 好戏连场
Hello and good evening. I'm your host mike Michaelson,
各位观众好 我是米高
And welcome to tru-talk, our forum for issues growing out of the show.
欢迎收看"真人表演"的清谈节目"真话"
But tonight, something very special indeed,
今晚千载难逢
A rare and exclusive interview with the show's conceiver and creator.
会独家专访 "真人表演"的创作人
So, come with us now as we go live to the lunar room,
我们上去天网摄制
room on the 221st floor of the omni cam echosphere.
221楼的太阴室
Where we'll find the world's greatest tele-visionary...
采访超级电视摄制的先驱
The designer and architect of the world within a world
桃源岛的设计者和总监
That is seahaven island... Christof.
基斯督
Before we begin, I'd like to thank you...
我先代表观众
on behalf of our audience for granting this interview.
多谢你接受专访
We know how demanding your schedule is and...
我们知道你工作繁忙
we all know how jealously you guard your privacy.
一向作风都是尽量低调
This, sir, is indeed an honor.
能够采访你 我深感荣幸
Don't mention it.
不要客气
Well, the catalyst for the recent dramatic events...
"真人表演"最近的一波三折
on the show has been Truman's father, Kirk.
起因是楚门的父亲偷偷回去
And his attempts to infiltrate the show.
外面的人擅闯桃源要接触楚门
But before we get into that, I think it's worth noting
我们注意到
That this is not the first time someone from the outside
这并不是首次 对不对?
Has attempted To reach Truman, is it? we have had close calls in the past.
但都是有惊无险
Truman! It's television!
楚门 上电视了
Yes! Yes! I did it! I'm on the Truman show!
我终于上了"真人表演"
But there's never been anything to compare.
但历来的擅闯事件中
With this most recent Breach in security...
最近这次最严重
The first intruder to be a former cast member.
因为擅闯的人是前任演员
A dead one at that.
而且本来已经死了
Gotta say, writing Kirk back in... masterstroke.
你让却克复出 是神来之笔
Since Kirk started this crisis in Truman's life,
既然这场风波由却克引起
I came to the conclusion that only he could end it.
我认为解铃还须系铃人
Truman! Truman!
楚门...
- No! That's off limits! Why? - What's over there?
-不准过去 -那里有什么?
Nothing. It's dangerous. That's all.
没什么 只是危险
You've got to know your limitations, Truman.
你要记着 有些地方不可以去
but let's remind viewers exactly why Dad was written out in the first place.
当年为什么删除却克这角色?
as Truman grew up,
楚门长大后
we were forced to manufacture ways to keep him on the island.
我们设法把他留在桃源岛
I'd like to be an explorer, like the great Magellan.
我想做探险家 像麦哲伦一样
You're too late. There's really nothing left to explore.
现在世上已没什么好探险的
Finally, I came up with Kirk's drowning.
于是 我安排却克浸死
Most effective. Truman's been terrified of the water ever since.
那办法很有效 楚门从此怕水
When Kirk read the synopsis of the episode,
却克被迫浸死 退出节目
He was disappointed to say the least.
不消说 失望得很
Jesus! I'm sure that's what caused him to break onto the set.
于是千方百计潜回片场
But how do you intend to explain his 22-year absence?
但你怎解释他失踪了二十二年
Amnesia.
失忆
Brilliant.
高明
Let's take Some viewer phone calls.
现在接听观众电话
Charlotte, North Carolina, You're on with Christof.
北卡州的卡露莲 请说
Uh, yeah, Hi, Christof.
你好 基斯督
I was wondering how many cameras you got in that town.
你在镇上布置了多少部摄影机
Somewhere in the vicinity of 5,000.
五千部左右
That's a lot of cameras.
好多
Remember, we started with just one.
记着 我开始时只用一部
He was curious from birth. Premature by 2 weeks.
他一出生就好奇 早产两星期
Almost as if he couldn't wait to get started.
就像迫不及待
His eagerness to leave his mother's womb.
正因为他急于走出娘胎
Was the very reason he was the one selected.
所以才获选
In competition with 5 other unwanted pregnancies,
我们从六个待领养胎儿中
The casting of a show, determined by an air date,
选出楚门 因为楚门...
Truman was the one who arrived on cue.
在现场直播中 准时出世
Incidentally, I believe Truman is the first child...
楚门似乎是首名被机构
to have been legally adopted by a corporation.
合法领养的孩子
That's correct.
The show has generated enormous revenues now,
节目带来庞大的收益
Equivalent to the gross national product of a small country.
相当于一个小国的年产总值
People forget it takes the population
但制作上
Of an entire country to keep the show running.
也需要一国的人手
Since the show is on 24-hours a day without commercial interruption,
因为二十四小时播放 没广告时间
all those staggering revenues are generated by product placement.
收入全靠商品的选用
That's true. Everything on the show is for sale.
对 节目上一切都是发售的
From the actor's wardrobe, food products, to the very homes they live in.
演员的服装 食品 住屋等等
And all of it available in the Truman catalog.
详情请参阅真人目录
Operators are standing by.
欢迎随时来电查询
Christof, let me ask you,
基斯督 请问...
why do you think Truman has never come close...
为什么至今楚门还不知道
to discovering the true nature of his world until now?
自己活在一个什么样的世界?
We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented.
我们都接受现实
It's as simple as that.
就是那么简单
The hague for Christof. Hello? The hague?
海牙有观众打电话来 海牙?
All right, we've lost that call. Let's go to hollywood. You're on tru-talk.
现在改接好莱坞的电话
Hi, Christof. I'd just Like to say one thing. You're a liar and a manipulator,
基斯督 我只想说你好阴险
And what you've done to Truman is sick!
你的所作所为令人恶心
Well, we remember this voice, don't we?
我们都认得这把声音
How could we forget?
怎能忘记?
Let's go to another call.
不如改接另一个电话
No, no, no. It's fine, Mike.
不要紧 米高
I love to reminisce with former members of the cast.
我想跟前度演员聚聚旧
Sylvia...
西尔维娅
as you announced so melodramatically to the world,
你当众沷妇骂街 其实没意思
You think because you batted your eyes at Truman once...
你以为自己曾向楚门抛眉弄眼
flirted with him... stole a few minutes of air time with him...
打情骂俏 曾和他一起出镜几分钟
to thrust yourself and your politics into the limelight...
卖弄过自己和自己的政见
That you know him?
就以为了解他?
That you know What's right for him?
知道什么才适合他?
You really think you're in a position to judge him?
有资格去评论他?
What right do you have to take a baby?
你有什么权...
And turn his life into some kind of mockery?
把一个人的一生 塑造成闹剧
Don't you ever feel guilty?
你一点也不觉得内疚?
I have given Truman a chance to lead a normal life.
我为楚门提供一个正常的人生
The world... the place you live in... is the sick place.
这个你所住的世界是病态的
Seahaven's the way the world should be.
桃源才是模范的世界
He's not a performer. He's a prisoner.
他不是演员 是囚犯
Look at him! Look at what you've done to him!
任由你摆布
He can leave at any time.
他随时可以走
If his was more than just a vague ambition,
假如他稍有野心
If he was absolutely determined to discover the truth,
假如他下定决心要查出真相
There's no way we could prevent him.
我们无法阻止他
I think what distresses you really, Caller,
你不安 其实另有原因
Is that ultimately... Truman prefers his cell, as you call it.
就是楚门甘愿坐你所谓的监狱
That's where you're wrong.
你错了
You're so wrong, and He'll prove you wrong.
大错特错 他会证明你是错的
Well, aside from The heated comments of a very vocal minority.
观众甚少有恶评
It's been an overwhelmingly Positive experience.
绝大部分都说它有益世道人心
Yes. For Truman and for the viewing public. It's been an overwhelmingly Positive experience.
对楚门 对观众 都有裨益绝大部分都说它有益世道人心
Yes. For Truman and for the viewing public.
对楚门 对观众 都有裨益
Well, Christof, I can't thank you enough...
基斯督 万分感谢
for giving so generously of your time tonight.
感谢你百忙中接受访问
I think it's safe to say now that this crisis is behind us...
现在危机已成过去
and Truman is back to his old self,
楚门恢复了常态
We can look forward to some exciting new developments?
节目会不会有新发展?
Well, mike, the big news...
未来的大事是
is that Meryl Will be leaving Truman in an upcoming episode.
在下一集 美露会离开楚门
And a new romantic interest will be introduced.
楚门将会有第二春
Aha. I'm determined television's first on-air conception...
我决定将性交过程
will still take place.
首次在电视上直播
Well, another television milestone straight ahead.
电视广播即将出现新的里程碑
You heard it here first.
我们已率先为大家透露
It has been a singular honor and pleasure, sir.
十分感谢你
- Christof...thank you. - Thank you, Mike.
-基斯督 -谢谢你 米高
- Hey, Simeon. - What?
-西文 -什么事?
Is he looking at us?
他是不是看着我们?
Jesus, do you think he knows?
不得了 难道他看出了破绽?
Hello?
你好?
Better call Christof.
我要通知基斯督
Hello? Come in, major Burbank.
报告 毕少校
- He's back to his old self. - Thank god.
-他故态复萌 -天啊
That's an unusual cat, my man.
好怪的猫
I hereby... proclaim this planet...
谨此把本星球命名为...
Trumania of the burbank galaxy.
毕星系楚门星
- Is he going? - Hallway camera.
-他要出去? -走廊镜头准备
That one's for free.
免费表演一次
Keep up with him. He'll move fast.
跟贴 他行动有点快
Stand by, All house cameras.
全部摄影机准备
Morning!
早安
Morning. In case I don't see you...
假如再碰不见你
Good afternoon, good evening, and good night.
祝你早 午 晚都安
- Good afternoon. - Good morning.
-午安 -早安
evening, And good night.
午安 晚安
- Morning. - Morning, spencer.
-早安 楚门 -早安 史宾沙
- How's it going? - Hmm, let me check.
-你好吗? -让我检查一下
Vital signs are good.
主要功能健全
Whoa, pluto! Whoop!
阿冥
- Good morning, Truman! - Oh, look who's here.
-早安 楚门 -原来是你们
- Beautiful day, isn't it? - Every single day.
-今天天气很好 -天天都这样好
The policy... We've thought about it... and we're gonna take it.
我们决定向你买保险
- You're kidding? - No!
-说笑? -不是说笑
Great! Why don't we go up to my office right now, and we'll sign the papers?
好极 现在就上公司签文件吧
Uh, next week Would be much better. Next week would be better.
下星期比较方便...
- All right. See you guys. - Ok, bye now. See you next week.
-那么到时见 -到时见
- Give me something To look forward to. - You got it.
-约定你们了 -一言为定
See, this isn't about insurance.
这不是保险的事
This is about the great variable...
而是生死无常的事
When will death occur?
"几时死"?
Could be a week, a month, a year.
一个星期 一个月 一年
Could be today.
可能今天
Sunbather, minding his own business,
你优哉游哉的晒太阳
Stabbed in the heart by the tip of a runaway beach umbrella.
一不留神 心脏被沙滩伞捅到
No way to guard against that kind of thing.
致命意外随时发生 防不胜防
Uh, sorry, excuse me.
对不起
Uh, Truman, this is vivien. Vivien, this is Truman.
楚门 这位是慧云
The two of you are gonna be neighbors.
你们会经常见面
I guess what I'm...
我的意思是...
What I'm saying is that. Uh, life is... fragile.
生命脆弱
- Vivien, your office. - Sorry.
-慧云 你的办公室 -对不起
What's that? Oh, I'm sorry. Uh...
什么? 对不起
You do? Oh, great.
真的? 好极了
Uh, let me take your information.
我记下你的资料
Ready 2. Go to 2.
二号机准备 播二号
And back to medium.
再用中镜
And wide.
然后... 广镜
I was just trying to train the kid to...
我正想训练这小子...
Never mind.
算了
What's he doing in the basement?
他在地下室干什么?
He moved down there after Meryl packed up and left.
美露走后 他搬了下去
Why wasn't I told? Any unpredictable behavior has to be reported.
他有突发的举动 该向我报告
Uh, he... he's just sleeping, I thought.
他在睡觉 我以为...
This the best shot we've got?
可以看得清楚点吗?
- What's to see? - What's on the clock cam?
-你想看什么? -时钟摄影机呢?
It's an obstruction... obstruction.
被东西挡着
What happened down there?
他在地下室做过什么?
He was just tidying up his garbage. I was gonna call you.
收拾垃圾 我本想通知你
But halfway through he gave up, and he fell asleep.
但他没收拾完就睡着了
I wanna check on the setups for the...
我要检查明天的...
insurance convention tomorrow.
明天的保险会
Nice move.
干得好
There you go.
现在开始
Isolate the audio. Give me a closeup on his torso.
对准音响 拍摄他的身体
He's still breathing.
有呼吸
Where's chloe? Yes, sir. Call him.
歌露 打电话给他
- What do you want me to say? - Tell him it's a wrong number.
-说些什么? -说打错了
What took you so long?
为什么那么久?
Just had to wait for it.
要轮候
They were busy. Here.
客人多 你的
- What's going on? - I don't know. They're...
-什么事? -不知道
He came down into the room. He did nothing but stand around for a while.
他进房 站着 没做什么
Shut up and watch it!
闭嘴 观察
Then we went to nightvision.
然后我们就用夜镜
[ring]He's asleep.
他睡着了
- There! Stop it! - What?
-这里 停 -什么事?
- Zoom in. - On which?
-放大 -哪里?
Under the chair there.
椅子下
Enhance it.
加强清晰度
- Is it... oh. - Oh, my god.
-是不是... -不得了
I...if... he couldn't have gone up the stairs.
我... 他不可能在楼上
I definitely... he must still be in the room.
一定在那里
- Get marlon Over there. - Right away.
-叫马龙去 -知道
Truman! Surprise party!
楚门 有惊喜
Oh. Come on, buddy.
快来 老朋友
I got a 6-pack of cold brewskis with our name on them.
六罐冰冻啤酒等待你我享用
Come on, pal. Come on, buddy.
你在哪里? 还不出来?
Shit.
糟了!
Marlon, find him. He's still in the room.
马龙 找他 他还在房里
Come out, come out wherever you are.
不要躲了 出来吧
That's good. Keep it light.
好 这语气就对了
I know you're in here. I'm gonna find ya.
我知道你在这里 我会找到你
Check under the table.
搜桌子下面
The closet, behind you.
你后面的衣柜
Gee. I wonder where he could possibly be.
他究竟在哪里?
The lawn cam, get me the lawn cam.
草地镜头 用草地镜头
Don't look in the camera. Say something.
不要看镜头 继续说话
Keep it going. Keep it going.
继续 继续
He's gone.
他走了
Cut transmission!
停播
Cut transmission?
停播?
Cut it! Now!
停播
Jesus! God in heaven!
有没有搞错
- Everything's black. - Give me the phone.
-漆黑一片 -把电话给我
技术故障 请稍候
We've got every available extra looking for him.
所有配角都在搜索他
Uh, the principals are helping out.
要角也在帮忙
The crew, too, so every sector's covered.
台前幕后都出动 搜遍每一角
- What about prop cars? - Yes, they've been accounted for.
-道具车有没有少了? -没有
He has to be on foot.
他必定走路
He has the world's most recognizable face. He can't disappear.
全世界都认得他 他跑不掉
go. Hunt him. Hunt him. Yeah. Go find him, pluto. Good dog! Good dog!
搜他出来... 乖狗
All this fuss.
大阵容
If he could just hear my voice.
他听到我的声音 就会出来
Truman! Truman!
楚门...
Let me try.
我试试叫他
Truman! It's me! Dad! Let's talk!
楚门 是爸爸 有事找我商量
Yeah, I know.
我知道
Just about done with the square.
我们搜过广场
Got to go back to barrymore, Check the interiors. He's got to be in there.
他一定在巴利摩处 回去搜吧
Simeon: Barrymore, huh?
巴利摩?
- Uh-huh. But what about the college? Who's watching that? - I don't know.
-学校呢? 谁去? -不知道
- Send somebody over there, ok? - All right.
-派人去吧 -知道
Take another man and get down there now, all right?
立即带个人去
I don't give a damn. Just find the son of a bitch.
一定要把那杂种抓出来
Get some batteries.
拿电池来
This guy's not gonna glow in the dark. Just get 'em down here.
黑漆漆怎找到他?
I don't know what's going on. Reroute it back to me.
什么事? 接过来我这里
We need more light. We'll never find him this way.
太暗了 不可能找到他
What time is it?
现在几点?
It's way too early for that.
日出太早了
Cue the sun.
准备日出
Jeez! What time is it?
几点?
Christof, What's going on?
基斯督 什么事?
Did you know that there's a rumor circulating that he's dead?
有传闻说他死了
You hear me? The media is having a feeding frenzy over this.
听到吗? 记者蜂拥而至
All the phone lines are jammed,
人人都打电话来
And every network has a pirated shot of marlon
所有电视台都播
Making an ass of himself in front of the camera.
马龙出丑镜头
The sponsors are threatening to rip up their contracts.
赞助商威胁要取消合约
Why? We're getting higher tatings with this graphic
取消? 现在停播
Than we've ever had on this show.
收视率也很高
No sign of him.
他无踪无影
Why don't you head back to town and join the others?
马龙 你回来 跟其他人会合
Everyone else is at first positions, ok? Thank you.
大家留在原位 知道吗?
Everyone's at first positions, right?
大家留在原位了吗?
We've got the light. So he's got to be there somewhere.
他一定还没走
We're not watching the sea.
我们没有留意海面
Simeon: hang on a minute. Why would we watch the sea?
为什么要留意海面?
Sweep the harbor.
搜索海港
Bring up the harbor cameras. Shift all harbor cameras to computer, please.
启动海港摄影机 将镜头接去电脑
Some of those are out, aren't they?
有些摄影机失灵?
Yeah. We have 4 of them down, but we have the lighthouse cameras up.
四部失灵 但灯塔那个有效
- All buoy cams, please. - What's happening?
-开动水上摄影机 -什么事?
- ok. Long lens, short base cameras. - Why are we looking at the water?
-长镜 -为什么搜索水面?
Pan it, Will you, please?
好 移动它
Truman...
楚门
Where are you going?
你去哪里?
How can he sail? He's in insurance.
他是做保险 怎懂得驾驶船?
Isn't he terrified of the water?
他不怕水吗?
Resume transmission.
恢复播映
Resuming transmission.
恢复播映中
hey, I want a piece of that 2 to 1 he doesn't make it.
二赔一 我赌他溜不掉
Just leave 'em In the car.
车匙留在车内
Let's get off this mast shot. We can't see his face.
别用船杆镜 看不见他的脸
- Go to the cabin cam. - Cabin cam.
-用船舱镜 -船舱镜
There. Perfect.
好极
That's our hero shot.
拍到我们的英雄了
Let's get another boat out there.
派另一艘船出去
Ok. Listen, gus, I need you to talk to the guys on the ferry.
吉士 我要跟码头的人通话
Come on. Get it moving. Get it out of here.
快点 快点出发
Come on.
快些
I'm just a bus driver.
我只是巴士司机
Bottom line is, they can't drive the boat.
他们不懂得驾驶船
They're actors.
他们都是演员
How do we stop him?
怎样截停他?
Ok, uh...
好吧
We're going to be accessing the weather program now.
开动风浪程式
So hold on to your hats.
大家准备好
You got that?
知不知道?
No. I think we're gonna want to localize the storm over the boat.
把风暴集中在船上
You can get the coordinates for that.
要对准船的位置
There's no rescue boat. He won't know what to do.
他没有救生艇 应付不来
He'll turn back. He'll be too afraid.
他会害怕 会驶回来
There she blows.
风暴来了
起动掣
Come on.
来吧
Give me some lightning.
闪电
Again!
再闪
Hit him again!
再闪
For god's sake, Christof, the whole world is watching.
收手 全世界都在看着
We can't let him die In front of a live audience.
不能让他当众死掉
He was born in front of a live audience.
他当众出生
Truman!
楚门
You can do it! Hold on!
你做得到的 加把劲
Is that the best you can do?
你还有什么法宝?
You're gonna have to kill me!
你想阻挡我 只有杀了我
- On behalf of the studio, I demand that you cease transmission. - Keep running.
-我命令你停播 -继续播
What shall we do with a drunken sailor early in the mornin'?
早晨遇到一个醉水手 问你怎么办?
Increase the wind.
加强风力
Increase the wind!
加强风力!
I'm telling you for the last time.
我最后警告你
- How close is he? - Very.
-有多接近? -很接近
- Capsize him. Tip him over. - Damn you, Christof!
-吹翻他 吹他落海 -去你的
- You can't. He's tied himself to the boat! - Shut up!
-他把自己绑着船身 -闭嘴
He's gonna drown, and he doesn't even care.
他连浸死也不怕
Do it. No. Do it!
吹翻他...
That's enough.
够了
I want to talk to him.
我想跟他谈谈
出口
Truman.
楚门
You can speak.
你可以说话
I can hear you.
我听得到你
Who are you?
你是谁?
I am the creator of a television show...
我是创造者
that gives hope and joy and inspiration to millions.
创造了一个 受万众欢迎的电视节目
Then who am i?
那么 我是谁?
You're the star.
你就是那个节目的明星
Was nothing real?
什么都是假的?
You were real.
你是真的
That's what made you so good to watch.
所以才有那么多人看你
Listen to me, Truman.
楚门 听我说
There's no more truth out there...
外面的世界...
Than there is in the world I created for you.
跟我给你的世界一样的虚假
The same lies.
有一样的谎言
The same deceit.
一样的欺诈
But in my world...
但在我的世界
You have nothing to fear.
你什么也不用怕
I know you better than you know yourself.
我比你更清楚你自己
You never had a camera in my head.
你无法在我脑内装摄影机
You're afraid.
你害怕
That's why you can't leave.
所以你不能走
It's ok, Truman. I understand.
楚门 不要紧 我明白
I have been watching you your whole life.
我看了你的一生
I was watching when you were born.
你出生时 我在看你
I was watching when you took your first step.
你学走路时 我在看你
I watched you on your first day of school.
你入学 我在看你
The episode when you lost your first tooth.
还有你掉第一颗牙齿那一幕
You can't leave, Truman.
你不能离开 楚门
Please, god.
上帝 求求你
You belong here...
你属于这里
You can do it.
你可以走出去
With me.
跟我一起吧
Talk to me.
回答我
Say something.
说句话
Well, say something, Goddamn it. You're on television.
说话! 你在电视上
You're live to the whole world.
正在向全世界直播
In case I don't see you...
假如再碰不见你...
Good afternoon, good evening, and good night.
祝你早 午 晚都安
He did it. He did it.
他做到了 他做到了
He did it! He did it!
他做到了 他做到了
He made it! Yeah! All right, Truman!
他走脱了 走吧 楚门
Cease transmission.
停播
- You want another slice? - No. I'm ok.
-要多一片吗? -不要了
- What else is on? Where's the tv guide? - Let's see what else is on.
-还有什么节目? -看看还有什么