奇迹男孩 Wonder

上映日期: 2,017

语言: 英语

影片类型: 剧情 / 家庭 / 儿童

导演: 斯蒂芬·卓博斯基

演员: 雅各布·特伦布莱 / 朱莉娅·罗伯茨 / 伊扎贝拉·维多维奇 / 欧文·威尔逊 / 诺亚·尤佩 / 丹妮尔·罗丝·拉塞尔 / 纳吉·杰特 / 戴维德·迪格斯 / 曼迪·帕廷金 / 布莱斯·吉扎尔 /


台词
翻译:william2568 Lucinda Sue牧师 你好未来 Zero Ren校对:william2568
Stardust, go ahead.
星尘号 请讲
Activate the V-10 recorder.
激活V10记录仪
Copy.
收到
Quarter activation complete.
四分激活 完毕
Copy. Thank you.
收到 谢谢
I know I'm not an ordinary 10-year-old kid.
我知道自己不是普通的10岁小孩
I mean, I do ordinary things.
其实 我做的事都很普通
Eat ice cream. Ride my bike.
吃冰淇淋 骑自行车
I'm really good at playing sports.
我特别擅长运动
Well, on my Xbox.
我是说玩游戏的时候
I love Minecraft, science and dressing up for Halloween.
我喜欢我的世界 科学 还喜欢万圣节装束
I love to lightsaber fight with my dad.
我还喜欢和我爸爸进行光剑决斗
And watch Star Wars movies with him.
和他一起看星球大战的电影
And drive my big sister crazy.
把大姐姐烦的要命
And dream about being in outer space, just like any ordinary kid.
我的梦想是去太空冒险 和普通小孩差不多
I just don't look ordinary when I'm doing these things.
只是我做事的样子 和普通小孩不一样
Not even my birth was ordinary.
我出生时的情况也跟他们不一样
It was hilarious.
我出生时可搞笑了
Now, how can a birth be hilarious, you ask?
也许你会问 出生时有什么搞笑的
A teenage doctor helps.
当时帮忙的医生很年轻
This is my first day.
这是我第一天上班
Nate!
内特
A massive video camera also aids the situation.
现场还有个大摄像机录着像
But to really be funny, you need what all the best jokes have.
但是要让这个笑话精彩 有一点必不可少
A punch line.
要有一个绝妙的笑点
He's coming!
他要出来啦
Where's the baby going? Go with the baby!
他们带宝宝去哪 你快跟着去啊
You need to go, sir.
跟着去吧 先生
I've had 27 surgeries since then.
我出生后做了27次手术
They've helped me to breathe, to see, to hear without a hearing aid,
为了让我正常呼吸 恢复视力 摆脱助听器
and some even helped me look a bit better.
让我变得更好看一些
But none of them have made me look ordinary.
但我还是没法变成普通人那样
He said he doesn't want to go.
他说了他不想去
But he's ready.
但他已经准备好了
No, he's not ready.
不 他还没有准备好
I cannot home school him forever.
我不可能在家教他一辈子
Every year that we wait, it'll just be harder to start.
再一年年的拖下去 就更难起步了
This is the first year of middle school for everyone.
大家都是这个年纪上中学的
He will not be the only new kid.
又不止他一个新生
Okay, well, he's gonna be the only new kid that looks like him.
但长成他那样的新生就他一个
Look, will you stop folding towels
你能不能别叠毛巾了
for just one second and please listen?
听我说两句
It's like leading a lamb to the slaughter.
把他送到学校就是让他任人欺负
And you know it.
你心里面很清楚
I know I'll never just be an ordinary kid.
我知道自己永远不会像普通孩子那样
Ordinary kids don't make other kids run away from playgrounds.
普通孩子不会把其他孩子从游乐园吓跑
Ordinary kids don't get stared at wherever they go.
普通孩子不会到哪都被人盯着看
But it's okay if you wanna stare, too.
不过要看的话也无所谓
My name is Auggie Pullman.
我叫奥吉·普尔曼
Next week, I start fifth grade.
下周我就要上五年级了
And since I've never been to real school before,
我从来没有在真正的学校上过学
I'm pretty much totally and completely petrified.
所以我现在整个人都害怕的不得了
Mrs. Pullman, so good to see you again.
普尔曼太太 很高兴再次见面
And you must be Auggie. What a pleasure to meet you.
你肯定就是奥吉吧 很高兴认识你
I'm Mr. Tushman.
我是塔什曼先生
You can laugh about that.
你可以笑话我的名字
Tushman.
塔屎曼
I've heard 'em all.
他们给我取了很多外号
- Tushy. Butt man. Butt face. - Oh.
塔屎曼 屎克郎
Mr. Tuchus.
臭臭先生
And then in the spring, we have a science fair.
每年春天 我们会举办科学竞赛
And from what your home school teacher tells me, you'll get first prize.
你的家庭教师告诉我 你会拿第一名的
You hear that, Auggie?
听到了吗 奥吉
Then right before graduation, whole class takes a trip
毕业之前 各班会组织活动
to a nature reserve in Pennsylvania.
去宾夕法尼亚的自然保护区旅行
It is the highlight of the year.
这是每个学年最棒的活动
I promise you.
我保证
Oh good, they're here.
太好了 他们到了
Who are they?
他们是谁?
Well, I thought it would be helpful for you
正式上学之前 你可以见见同学
to meet some of our students 'fore you start school, Auggie.
这会对你有所帮助 奥吉
What do you think?
你觉得呢
Other kids now?
现在就见嘛
They were in the elementary school
他们是这儿的学生
so they know their way around and they'll give you a nice tour.
很熟悉这里 让他们带你转转
It will be fine.
不会有事的
Auggie, this is Jack Will, Julian, and Charlotte.
奥吉 这是杰克·威尔 朱利安 夏洛特
Guys, this is Auggie Pullman.
各位 这是奥吉·普尔曼
Hi.
Hey.
Meeting kids is harder than meeting adults.
见小孩子比见成年人还要难受
Everyone makes the same face at first.
每个人见到我时的表情都差不多
But kids aren't as good at hiding it.
但小孩子不会伪装自己
So I usually look down.
所以我通常会往下看
You can learn a lot about people from their shoes.
你可以从他们穿的鞋中 知道他们的性格
I think these three are trust fund kid,
至于这些孩子有家境很好的
hand-me-down kid...
有穿二手货的
Uh-oh, crazy kid.
疯疯癫癫的
I act in TV commercials.
我以前拍过电视广告
Really?
真的吗
Yeah. Tide.
是啊 汰渍的广告
Why don't you guys
你们几个
take Auggie 'round the school a bit, huh?
带奥吉去参观一下
Just be back here in, uh, a half hour?
差不多半小时后回来
I started when I was two.
我两岁开始拍广告
Local spots mostly.
大部分是地方广告
Then when I was three I booked my first national. Nestlé Quik.
三岁开始拍全国广告 雀巢巧克力粉
It was hard, because I'm lactose intolerant.
太不容易了 因为我对乳糖不耐受
Anyway, have you ever heard of a spit bucket?
对了 你们有没有听说过痰盂
So this is our homeroom. We have Mr. Browne.
这是我们的教室 班主任是布朗先生
My mom says he's a little weird.
我妈妈说她有点奇怪
Then I was in the chorus of
后来 我参加了
the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular.
无线电城音乐厅的圣诞节目
I auditioned for Annie on Broadway.
在百老汇配过音
I got two callbacks for Molly, but I guess they went in a different direction.
拿到了两次复试机会 不过后来方向改了
Hey, Charlotte!
嘿 夏洛特
Don't you ever stop talking?
你就不能闭会嘴吗?
So this is the cafeteria.
这里是学校食堂
The food here is okay for school food.
学校的伙食还算是可以吧
Or do you eat special food?
你对食物有特别要求吗?
Wow! This reminds me of my guess spot on Law & Order.
这个教室让我想到客串《法律与秩序》那次
So the science elective is supposably really hard.
科学选修课真的挺难的
So you probably won't be spending much time here.
你应该不会选这种课吧
No offense, but if you've never been in a real school before...
无意冒犯 但你之前既然没上过学
Dude, he's been home schooled.
伙计 他是在家上学的
Okay, I'm just saying.
好吧 我只是说说而已
Science is supposably really hard.
科学课恐怕真的挺难的
But you're taking it, too, right?
但你还是会选 对吧?
Hey, maybe you could fail together.
嘿 有人陪你不及格了
Why don't you get out of the way, so he can check it out?
你为什么不把路让开 让他自己瞧瞧呢
Okay.
没问题
I mean, there's nothing much to see. Desks. Chairs.
也没什么好看的 桌子 椅子
The incubator. Bunsen burners.
保温箱 本生灯
Those are some really gross science posters.
这些科学海报真倒胃口
Oh! And this is an eraser.
这个玩意儿叫板擦
He knows what an eraser is.
他知道那是什么
How am I supposed to know what he knows?
我怎么知道他认识什么?
He doesn't say anything.
他一句话都不说
You know what an eraser is, right?
你认识板擦 对吗?
Dude, you have to say something.
伙计 你就说句话吧
Yeah, I know what an eraser is.
我知道板擦是什么
Is... Is your name Jack or Jackwill?
你是叫杰克 还是杰克威尔
You thought his name was Jackwill?
你以为他叫杰克威尔
Yeah, a lotta people call me by my first and last name.
很多人会把我的姓也当成名字
I don't know why.
不知道为什么
Got any other questions?
你还有问题吗?
Actually, I've got a question for Auggie.
其实 我有个问题问奥吉
What's the deal with your face?
你的脸是怎么弄的?
Dude!
闭嘴!
I mean were you in a car crash or something?
你出车祸了 还是怎么了?
Julian!
朱利安
What? Tushman said we could ask questions if we wanted to.
怎么了 塔什曼说我们有问题可以问他
Not rude questions.
那也不能问这么冒犯人的问题
Besides, he was born like that, Mr. Tushman said.
塔什曼先生说 他生下来就这样
Yeah, I know. I just thought maybe he was, like, in a fire, too.
我只是觉得他是不是也被火烧过
Hey, Julian, shut up.
朱利安 你闭嘴!
You shut up!
你才闭嘴!
Why don't we all shut up?
我们三个都别说了
No, I wasn't in a fire.
我没被火烧过
And the word's "supposedly."
还有你刚刚提到恐怕
What?
什么?
You said that science is supposably really hard.
你说科学课恐怕真的挺难的
Twice.
说了两次呢
The word's "supposedly." With a "D."
应该是恐怕 你的发音不太标准
Maybe my mom can home school you, too.
没准儿我妈妈也应该教教你
Do you wanna tell us yet how you felt about the tour?
你想不想跟我们聊聊今天参观的
Today?
怎么样
Mr. Tushman went out of his way
土什曼先生跟我强调了半天
to tell me how sweet those kids were
那些孩子有多懂事
and that Julian is apparently quite the dream.
那个朱利安好像真的很不错
No.
不是
Not a dream?
他不好吗?
Is he one of those kids that acts one way in front of grownups
他是那种在大人与小孩面前
and then another way in front of kids?
表现的不一样的孩子吗
Yeah, I guess.
算是吧
Well I know it's hard, but you have to understand that
虽然不容易 但你也要理解
he probably feels badly about himself.
他可能对自己没那么自信
And when someone acts small, you just have to be the bigger person, all right?
他可能不懂事 但你要宽容一点 好么
Right.
Via, I'll get the pizza.
维娅 我来拿披萨
Look at me, Auggie.
看着我 奥吉
That kid sounds like a real jerk.
那孩子真是够讨厌的
If someone pushes you, push back.
如果有人敢伤害你 你就反击
Don't be afraid of anyone.
没有必要害怕
Why are we whispering?
为什么我们要小声说话
Because I'm afraid of Mom.
因为我怕你妈妈
You just gotta be a bigger person
你做人要宽容
and rise above it. It's that easy.
别老想着那些事 就这么简单
Auggie, I do believe that this is the best year for you to start school
奥吉 我真的觉得今年是你上学的好时候
because everybody is going to be new.
所有人都是新生
But if you really don't wanna go...
但是如果你不想去..
No. It's okay. I wanna go.
没关系的 我想上学
You do?
你想上学?
What changed your mind?
你怎么又改主意了
Well they have a really good science elective.
学校的科学选修课很不错
And I need a better science teacher.
我也需要一个更好的科学老师
- Oh, wow. There's that. - Whoa! Whoa!
说的也没错
Are you gonna take that, Mom?
妈妈 他这话说的你能忍?
Can I get some backup here?
你要帮我教训他
You gonna let him talk to your wife like this?
他这么跟你老婆说话 你能忍?
I'm not gonna let him talk to my wife like that.
不能让他这样对待我的老婆
- Please! - Get him! Come on, Via.
- 放开我 - 抓住他了 维娅
Get in there.
挠他
I'll meet you right here after school.
放学后我就在这等你
Okay? Right here.
好么 就在这见
I love you.
我爱你
Love you, too.
我也爱你
I'll see you later.
放学后见
Can you hear me?
听得到吗
We're gonna have a little man-to-man.
让我们俩单独说两句
Now, I gotta stop here, because past this point is a No Dad Zone
我只能送你到这儿了 从这就不让爸爸进了
and you don't wanna walk up with your parents because it's not cool.
而且和爸妈走在一起 显得你不够酷
But you're cool.
可你很酷啊
I know I am, but technically most dads aren't, so...
我知道我很酷 但是严格说来 很多爸爸都不怎么样
And neither are these helmets.
戴着头盔也是不酷的
Hey.
Two rules. First, only raise your hand once a class,
两条规矩 一 每节课只举一次手
no matter how many answers you know.
不管你知道多少答案
Except for science. Crush that one.
除了科学课 那节课答个痛快
Check.
收到
Second, you're gonna feel like you're all alone, Auggie.
第二 你会感到很孤独 奥吉
But you're not.
但我们都陪在你身边
Check.
收到
Should we lose this? Come on, costumes are for Halloween.
我们摘了吧 摘掉 这是万圣节穿的
Prepare for blastoff.
预备 头盔升空
I love you.
我爱你!
Love you, too.
我也爱你
Have fun.
好好上学
Bye.
再见!
Have an excellent mission and Godspeed.
祝你顺利完成任务 上帝保佑
We are ready to proceed at this time.
我们已准备就绪
10. 9. 8. 7. 10. 9. 8. 7.
Dear God, please, make them be nice to him.
老天爷 让别的孩子对他好点吧
4. 3. 2. 1. 4. 3. 2. 1.
My mom always said...
我妈妈常说
"If you don't like where you are...
如果你不喜欢你所在的地方
"just picture where you wanna be."
就想像一个你想去的地方
Auggie! Auggie! Auggie!
奥吉
Auggie! Auggie! Auggie! Auggie! Auggie!
奥吉
I can't wait till Halloween.
真希望万圣节快点到来
All right, let's settle down. Everybody settle down.
好了 都坐下 大家都坐到自己的位置上
Uh... Saved.
这儿有人
Sorry.
抱歉
Everybody find your seats? Yes?
大家现在都有座位了 对么
Finding our seats. Great.
都坐下了 太好了!
All right, now some of us are lucky enough to know each other. Yeah?
好 有的同学是相互认识的 对吗
And, and others are new. Hi there.
也有新来的其他人 你好
Okay, my name is Mr. Browne and you're late.
我是布朗老师 同学 你迟到了
Yeah. I'm so sorry.
是的 真的很抱歉
I was just helping set up chairs for the assembly.
我去帮忙摆晨会的椅子了
Don't worry about it.
没关系的
Can anybody tell me what this word means?
谁知道这个词的意思
Anybody? No?
有人知道吗?
Precepts are rules for really important things.
箴言就是一些重要的准则
Like mottos.
就像格言
Like mottos. Or like famous quotes.
就像格言 或者说像名人名言
Or like, um, lines from a fortune cookie. Right?
也可以说像是 幸运饼干里的字条
Precepts can help motivate us.
箴言能激励我们
They can help guide us when we have to make decisions
引导我们在面对重大选择时
about really important things. Okay?
做出决定
"So why are you talkin' to me about precepts
你们可能会问 为什么一大早就谈
"this early in the morning, Mr. Browne?"
箴言呢 布朗老师
Well, let me tell you.
我来回答你们
Because precepts can also tell us a lot about ourselves.
因为箴言能让我们更加的了解自己
Who is it that I aspire to be?
我想要变成一个什么样的人
That is the question that we should be asking ourselves all the time.
这是我们每一个人都应该反复思考的问题
What kind of person am I?
我到底是一个什么样的人
So this is what we're gonna do.
好了 下面我们这样
Um, everyone's gonna come up with two things
每个人说出两件事情
that they think everybody else should know about them.
让其他的人更了解你
All right? I'll go first.
好么 我先开始
Number one, I used to work on Wall Street. For a long time.
第一 我以前在华尔街工作了很长一段时间
And two, I left Wall Street to pursue my dream and teach.
第二 我离开那里是为了追梦 当一位老师
Boom, who's next?
好了 谁下一个
Yes.
你来
Julian Albans.
我叫朱利安·奥尔本斯
And I think it's cool how you're pursuing your dream.
你能坚持追求梦想真的很棒
Thank you very much, Julian. Let's hear your two things.
谢谢你这么说 朱利安 谈谈你自己的两件事吧
Okay.
好的
One, I just got Battleground Mystic on my Wii and it's totally awesome.
第一 我在游戏机上新装了神秘战场 可好玩了
And number 2, we got a ping pong table this summer.
第二 暑假我家买了乒乓球桌
Amazing. Any questions for Julian?
非常好 大家有什么问题想问他的吗
Yes?
请讲
Is Battleground Mystic multiplayer or single player?
神秘战场是单人还是多人游戏
Let's not those kinda questions.
迈尔斯 我说的不是这种问题
Okay, uh...
好吧
Hi.
大家好
My name's August Pullman.
我叫奥古斯特·普尔曼
Auggie.
也可以叫我奥吉
And, um...
然后
I have a sister named Via and a dog named Daisy.
我有个姐姐叫维娅 有条狗叫黛西
I love Star Wars.
我喜欢星球大战
And I just said three things. Yeah. Sorry.
我说了三件事 抱歉
That sounds like a bonus to me. Three things.
那真是额外的惊喜了 三件事
Thank you very much, Auggie, that was perfect. Who's next?
谢谢你 奥吉 非常好 谁来下一个
Oh! I actually have a question for Auggie.
我有个问题想问奥吉
What's the deal with the braid in the back of your hair?
为什么你留着小辫子
Is it like a Padawan thing?
是模仿绝地学徒吗?
What's a Padawan thing?
什么是绝地学徒
Oh. It's from Star Wars. Padawan is a Jedi apprentice.
是星球大战里的 就是绝地武士的徒弟
Who's your favorite character, Auggie?
你最喜欢哪个角色 奥吉
Boba Fett.
波巴·费特
What about Darth Sidious? Do you like him?
达斯·西迪厄斯呢 你喜欢他么
Ouch.
好伤心
Okay, can we talk about Star Wars at recess? Yes?
课间时间再聊星球大战吧 好么
All right. Who wants to read this month's precept?
谁愿意读一下本月箴言
Me! Me! Me!
Me! Me! Me!
What about you? What's your name?
你想试一试吗? 你叫什么名字?
Summer.
莎莫
Want to give it a shot?
你想试一下吗
"When given the choice between being right or being kind,
如果要在正确和善良中做出选择
"choose kind."
请选择善良
Hey, can I sit there?
嘿 我能坐这么
Sure!
当然!
You eat like the Sarlacc monster, my young Padawan.
你吃东西的样子可真像沙拉克怪物 小学徒
沙拉克是《星战》里的可怕生物 利用嘴边的触手拖食猎物
Newton's first law of motion.
牛顿第一运动定律
An object in motion will stay in motion unless...
运动中的物体将保持运动状态 除非...
It's okay, I didn't expect you to know that on the first day.
不知道也没关系 毕竟才第一天上课
Acted on by another force.
除非受到外力作用
Very good.
非常好
Here's how it works.
原理是这样的
A moving object will only change its speed or direction
想让运动中的物体改变速度或方向
if something else causes it to do that.
只能施加外力迫使它改变
《星球大战》里的达斯·维德在战斗中被烧伤毁容
Hey Darth Hideous, did you hear?
丑八怪达斯 听我说
Padawan braids were lame 15 years ago.
学徒小辫十五年前就过时了
绝地学徒的标识是右侧耳后的发辫
Supposedly. With a "D."
恐怕 是吧
Dude!
老兄!
More like they were always lame.
那玩意儿一直都很逊诶
See you tomorrow.
明天见
Later, Barf Hideous!
再见了 恶心的丑八怪!
Hey.
Hey, Mom.
嘿 妈妈
Auggie, you're supposed to knock.
奥吉 你得敲门
I'm serious this time.
我这次可是认真的
Wait, did someone make fun of it?
等等 有人取笑你的辫子?
I, for one, had a great day.
我今天过得挺好的
Just trying to lighten the mood.
只是想活跃下气氛
Right, Daisy? Right. Good girl.
是吧 黛西?对 乖狗狗
Well I went to, um, Kinko's today
噢 我今天去了趟打印店
to see if they could get my thesis off this.
看能不能把论文从这儿拷出来
You're gonna finish your dissertation?
你要继续写论文了?
What is that?
那是什么?
It's a floppy disk.
这个叫软盘
A what?
什么东西?
Come on! You, it, a floppy...
得了吧 你们连软盘...
These kids today. It's basically an iPhone.
现在的孩子 这玩意儿就像苹果手机
You know, it doesn't play music or, you can't call, but...
除了不能放音乐和打电话
They couldn't get the file.
他们拷不出来
That's okay. You'll find a place.
没关系 试试其他地方嘛
Well I think it's great, Mom.
噢真是太好了 妈妈
Maybe. Thank you.
是吧 谢谢你
So Auggie...
呃 奥吉...
Yeah?
怎么了?
Hi.
看着我
How was your first day of school?
第一天上学怎么样?
Earth to Auggie. We asked you a question.
呼叫奥吉 请回答
Come on, how was your day?
说说吧 今天怎么样?
Good.
挺好的
Good how? Good like it was good?
怎么个好法?是很好的那种好吗?
Or good like it was bad and you just don't wanna tell us?
或者不太好 只是你不想告诉我们?
It was good, okay? I just don't know
挺好的 好吗?我不明白
what you want me to say? It was good!
你们到底想让我说什么 真的挺好的!
Okay, okay, hey! If you're mad at Mom
好了好了 嘿 别朝妈妈发脾气
about going to school, it was my idea, too.
让你上学也是我的主意
Why can't I just say "good" like anybody else?
我就不能像其他人一样说“挺好”吗?
Battin' a thousand today.
真是称心如意的一天啊
Are they gonna ask about my day?
就不能也问问我过得怎样吗
That is not the way we leave the table.
你这样跑掉是不对的
Hey, come on. Talk to me.
嘿 过来 我们谈谈
Sit down.
坐下
Take that off, please.
把头盔摘掉 好吗
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
It's okay.
没关系
It'll be okay.
会没事的
Why do I have to be so ugly?
我为什么一定要这么丑?
You are not ugly, Auggie.
你一点儿也不丑 奥吉
You just have to say that because you're my mom.
因为你是我妈妈 所以你必须得这样说
Oh, because I'm your mom, it doesn't count?
我是你妈妈 所以说了不算?
Yeah.
Because I'm your mom, it counts the most because I know you the most.
正因为我是你妈妈 说话才最算数 因为我最了解你
You are not ugly and anyone who cares to know you will see that.
你一点也不丑 那些真心想认识你的人会明白的
They won't even talk to me.
没人愿意和我说话
It matters that I look different.
因为我长得和他们不一样
I try to pretend that it doesn't, but it does.
我假装不是这样 但事实就是这样
I know.
我明白
Is it always gonna matter?
长相会影响我一辈子吗
I don't know.
我不知道
Honey, listen...
宝贝 听着
Look at me. We all have marks on our face.
看着我 每个人的脸上都有印记
I have this wrinkle here from your first surgery.
你第一次手术时我长了这条皱纹
I have these wrinkles here from your last surgery.
最后一次手术时我长了这些皱纹
This is the map that shows us where we're going.
这张地图会为我们指引方向
And this is the map that shows us where we've been.
而这张地图 标记着我们去过的地方
And it's never ever ugly.
它绝对不是丑陋的
But what about your gray hair?
那你的白头发呢?
That's compliments of your dad, I think.
估计是被你爸爸气出来的
And as though we summoned him.
说曹操曹操到
How was your day?
你今天过得怎么样?
My day is really good right now.
现在看来过得非常好
So they went to Florida, where Gollum was living in Miami. And...
他们去了佛罗里达 咕噜在迈阿密的老家 后来...
Oh, you know what it is?
你知道怎么回事吗?
Daddy doesn't have his glasses on.
爸爸没戴眼镜
You're making this up.
你瞎编的吧
维娅
August is the sun.
奥吉是我们家的太阳
My mom and dad and me are planets orbiting the sun.
爸爸妈妈和我是围着太阳转的行星
But I love my brother and I'm used to the way this universe works.
我爱我的弟弟 也习惯了这个宇宙的规则
My mom says that on my fourth birthday I wished for a little brother.
妈妈说我在四岁生日时许愿要个小弟弟
And when he was born, it only took me a few seconds and I was all over him.
后来奥吉出生了 看他的第一眼我就爱上了他
Can you hear me?
能听见吗?
If they stare, let them stare.
他们要看 就让他们看好了
You can't blend in when you were born to stand out.
你融入不了 只是因为你生下来就与众不同
I've never asked my mom for help with my homework.
我从来没让妈妈辅导过作业
I never needed my dad to remind me to study for a test.
也不需要爸爸在考试前提醒我复习
I just did most of my studying in waiting rooms and hospitals.
大多数时间我都在候诊室和医院里学习
Mom and Dad would always say I was the most understanding girl in the world.
爸爸妈妈常说我是世上最体贴的女儿
I don't know about that.
我不知道是不是这样
I just knew my family couldn't take one more thing.
我只知道不能再给他们添麻烦了
I know my family loves me, but ever since my grandma died,
我知道家人很爱我 但是除了过世的外婆
my best friend Miranda is the only person who knows me.
我最好的朋友米兰达是唯一懂我的人
Miranda!
米兰达!
Wow. Look at you.
瞧瞧你
Hey, Via.
嘿 维娅
I've texted you, like, 1,000 times.
我给你发了1000多条短信了
When'd you get back from camp?
夏令营什么时候结束的?
Two weeks ago.
两周以前吧
Two weeks?
两周了?
Sorry, it's been crazy. You know?
抱歉 我都忙疯了 你懂的
Yeah, no, that's okay.
嗯 没事 没关系
What'd you do to your hair?
你的头发怎么了?
Do you like it?
你喜欢吗?
Yeah. Yeah. It looks wild.
喜欢 嗯 看起来很...狂野
Just trying something different, you know.
我只是 做些新的尝试
I'll catch you later.
再联系吧
- Hey, Ella. - Hey.
- 嘿 艾拉 - 嘿
Thinking about signing up?
你是想要报名吗?
- For what? - The drama club.
- 报名什么?- 戏剧社
They study theatre in the fall and do a play in the spring.
他们秋季排练 春季汇报演出
Um...
No, not really. I'm not a theatre nerd.
没有 我不报 我不是那种戏剧迷
Well, that's too bad. I am.
那真是太遗憾了 我是
I'm Justin by the way.
我叫贾斯汀
Sorry, that was... That was rude. Um...
抱歉 我刚才真是... 太没礼貌了
I'm Via. Olivia.
我叫维娅 奥利维娅
First days suck, don't they?
第一天总是不顺 对吗?
Yeah. Yeah, they do.
是啊 很不顺
My mom tried to walk me here from the subway.
我妈妈要从地铁站送我到学校
I literally had to ditch her at the traffic light.
我只能趁着红灯的时候把她甩掉
My mom still doesn't think I can use a MetroCard.
我妈妈还以为我不会用地铁卡呢
You an only child, too?
你也是独生子女吗?
Yeah. Yeah.
嗯 对
They never listen. This one time I told my mom
和父母说了也是白说 有次我告诉我妈妈
吉米·亨德里克斯被公认为是摇滚音乐史上最伟大的电吉他演奏家
I wanted to take guitar lessons and play like Jimi Hendrix.
我想学吉他 像摇滚明星吉米·亨德里克斯那样
What happened?
后来呢?
Well it was nice to meet you, Via. Olivia.
很高兴认识你 维娅 奥利维娅
Yeah. It was nice to meet you, too, Justin.
嗯 我也很高兴认识你 贾斯汀
Maybe, I'll see you around.
那就回头见
Though not onstage, clearly.
舞台上就算了吧
Come in.
请进
Good night, honey.
晚安 宝贝
Where's Mom?
妈妈呢?
She fell asleep.
她已经睡了
Oh. Okay.
好吧
How's Auggie?
奥吉还好吧?
There's some bully, you know.
有人欺负他了 所以...
How was your first day?
你的第一天怎么样?
It was... It was really good.
嗯... 很不错
It was good?
是吗?
Yeah.
是的
Say hi to Miranda for us.
替我们向米兰达问好
I will.
我会的
Sweet dreams.
做个好梦
Good night.
晚安
My mom put her life on hold for my brother.
妈妈为弟弟牺牲了自己的梦想
She always wanted to be a children's book illustrator and teach art.
她一直想当个儿童读物插画家 当美术老师
She was one thesis shy of getting her master's when Auggie was born.
奥吉出生时 她只差一篇论文就能拿到硕士学位了
Then she stopped writing it.
后来她就停笔了
She stopped a lot of things when Auggie was born.
奥吉出生时她放弃了很多东西
But she is still great at drawing.
但她依然画得很好
I don't know if she even realizes that
不知道她有没有意识到
she makes Auggie the center of every universe she draws.
奥吉永远是她每幅画的主题
Miranda used to joke that my house was like the Earth.
米兰达曾经开玩笑说 我的家就像地球
“儿子”和“太阳”的英语读音相同
It revolved around the son. Not the daughter.
永远围着儿子转 而不是女儿
That doesn't change the fact that my mother has a great eye.
不过妈妈还是很有画家的观察力
I just wish that one time, she would use it to look at me.
我只希望她也能看看我 哪怕只有一次
Yeah, good job, good job.
就这样 非常好 好极了
Miranda?
米兰达?
Via? What are you doing here?
维娅 你在这儿做什么?
Just trying something new.
只是 做些新的尝试
You?
你呢
Uh, same.
我也是
All right, everybody, let's go!
好了各位 开始吧
Time for vocal warm up.
先开下嗓
Bring it in! Bring it in, people, let's go!
快过来 集合了 开始啦!
Everybody, hands up! Reach high! And...
所有人 手举起来!举高点!
Guys, can you please...
各位
Okay. You... You guys, skooch. Sit. Just be closer.
好啦 小朋友们 别玩了 往中间站
Ladies and Gentlemen.
女士们先生们
Stay. Stay, good.
站好了 很好
Hey, hey. What's your name?
嘿 你叫什么名字?
Auggie.
奥吉
Nice boots.
鞋子不错
Great. Thanks.
好吧 谢谢
Okay, everybody, here we go. We're skooching and say "Cheese."
好了各位 开始了 往中间靠靠 说“茄子”
Cheese!
茄子!
School became... Well, I got used to it.
学校嘛... 不过我也习惯了
Except for dodgeball.
除了躲避球
What evil man invented dodgeball?
这么邪恶的游戏是谁发明的?
But my least favorite zone at school is courtyard.
校园里我最讨厌的地方是院子
Because the whole school's there.
因为所有人都在那里
No one does anything mean. Or says anything. Or laughs.
没人对我使坏 没人说我坏话或嘲笑我
They all just look, then look away, then look back.
他们只会看我 看看别处 再看回来
They're just being normal kids.
小孩子这样很正常
I kinda wanna tell them, "Hey, I know I look weird, but it's okay."
我只想告诉他们 “嘿 我知道我长得怪 可这有什么关系呢”
丘巴卡是《星球大战》里韩·索罗的搭档
I mean, if Chewbacca started going to school here one day,
我是说 如果丘巴卡有一天来这里上学
I'd probably stare at him a bit, too.
我也会忍不住偷看他的
I'm sorry if my staring made you feel weird.
抱歉我盯着你看 让你不自在了
In order for any of us to see, we need light.
为了能看见事物 我们需要光
So right now light is bouncing off this card traveling through the air,
现在光在卡片上反射 通过空气
through the glass, to your eye.
和玻璃 进入你的眼睛
But what if we added water?
但如果我们加点水呢?
Whoa, indeed.
没错
Any time light passes from one material or medium to another, it bends.
如果光穿过一种材料或介质到另一种 就会偏折
This bending of light is also known as...
光的偏折现象叫做...
Refraction.
折射
Very good, Auggie.
非常好 奥吉
Jack, you okay?
怎么了 杰克?
Yeah, yeah, refraction.
没事没事 折射
Good. Clear your desks. Pop quiz.
好的 收拾下课桌 随堂测验
Hurry.
快点
Hey, Jack, come sit here.
嘿 杰克 坐这儿
In a sec.
等一下
Where's he goin'?
他去哪儿?
Hey.
Thanks for your help today.
谢谢你刚才帮我
No problem.
不用谢
And don't worry, I got a couple wrong so Ms. Petosa wouldn't know.
别担心 我故意填错了几个 佩托莎老师不会发现的
I'm not worried. The worst they can do is kick me out.
我不怕 大不了开除我呗
Not loving school either, huh?
你也不喜欢学校吗?
Oh, it's great.
呵 我可喜欢了呢
I wanted to go to Wayne Middle.
我本来想去韦恩中学的
The one with the great sports teams.
那里的校队很强
Then why'd you come here?
那你怎么来这儿了?
They gave me the scholarship.
这儿给了我奖学金
Well, if you need help in science,
呃 如果你想补科学课
you can come to my house after school.
可以放学后来我家
You know, if you want.
如果你愿意的话
Great. Thanks!
太好了 谢谢!
What's wrong?
怎么了?
I just don't like eating in front of people.
我只是不想当着别人的面吃饭
What do you mean?
为什么?
It's a long story, but when I eat,
说来话长 但我吃饭的时候
I think I chew like some prehistoric swamp turtle.
很像某种史前沼泽龟
沼泽龟是一种索食性强 食量大的龟类
No joke? Me too!
真的吗? 我也是!
Now there's tuna on your face.
你脸上有金枪鱼
Yeah! Tuna, man!
是啊 金枪鱼!
No, no, no, let me show you how it's done.
不不不 我来教你怎么吃
Dude, that's even more gross.
老兄 这么吃更恶心啊
I'm going as Boba Fett this year.
我今年要扮成波巴·费特
波巴·费特是《星球大战》里带头盔和盔甲的赏金猎人
I like Halloween, but Christmas is still the best holiday.
万圣节是不错 但圣诞节才是最棒的节日
No way. Halloween is the best.
不可能 万圣节才是最棒的
A pillowcase of candy versus two weeks off school.
两周不上学还比不上一枕头套的糖吗
You're nuts.
你疯了吧
You see?
看见没有?
Even your dog agrees.
你的狗都同意呢
Hey, Mom, is it okay if Jack comes over?
嘿 妈妈 杰克可以去我们家玩吗?
Yes!
当然!
Thanks, Mrs. P.
谢谢你 普太太
I mean, you get snow on Christmas.
我是说 圣诞节会下雪
But you can get snow on Halloween.
万圣节也可能下雪
- How? - If you live in Alaska
- 怎么可能?- 假如你住在阿拉斯加
or there's a blizzard.
就会有暴风雪
I've got to be cool.
我得淡定点
You ever thought about having plastic surgery?
你想过做整容手术吗?
No, I've never thought about it. Why?
没 从来没想过 为什么要做?
Dude, this is after plastic surgery!
老兄 我已经整过容了
It takes a lotta work to look this good.
要整很多次才能这么帅的
Oh my God! Oh my God.
天哪!天哪!
1, 2, 3, 4, I declare a thumb war.
1 2 3 4 我的拇指真厉害
Bow, kiss, begin.
鞠躬 亲一个 开战
Nate.
内特
Fire.
着火了
Okay, everybody, if you can't see the camera, the camera can't see you.
听着各位 得看镜头 不然拍不到你
Now let's improv like we know what we're doing.
注意表情 要像那么回事儿
Okay, everybody say, "Stella!"
一起说“斯特拉”!
Stella!
斯特拉!
So I can't figure you out.
我可真搞不懂你
What?
什么?
Um, I can't figure you out.
我说 我不明白你
Most theatre people won't stop talking about themselves.
一般戏剧社里的人说起自己的事都停不下来
But you don't talk.
但你从来不说
I... I listen.
我... 我喜欢听别人说
Me, too.
我也是
I know.
我知道
Oh. So you do pay attention.
原来你会注意别人
Okay, that's a start. Uh...
好吧 不错的开场
I'm a good listener so tell me something.
我很会倾听 说说你自己吧
Who are you gonna audition for?
你想演哪个角色?
Um, I'm not really the Our Town type.
呃 我不太适合演《我们的小镇》
Oh come on. Don't be the "run lights girl."
别这样 别总是负责灯光
Should be Emily.
试试艾米莉吧
The lead?
女主角?
Look, your family can't cheer for you in a booth.
对啊 光在幕后打灯 你的家人怎么给你加油啊
Oh, they're pretty busy.
他们很忙
I don't think they would cheer for me anyway.
应该不会来给我加油的
Come on, there's not one person
别这么说 你家里面
in your family who would applaud you?
就没人给你加油鼓劲吗?
My grandmother.
外婆会的
There you go. Bring her.
那就对了 带她来吧
I can't.
她来不了了
Well, then I'll applaud you.
好吧 那我会给你加油的
Why are you being so nice to me?
你为什么对我这么好?
Because you're an only child. We have to stick together.
因为你是独生女 我们要互相支持
Think about it. Okay?
考虑一下 好吗?
And your grandmother's still cheerin' you on.
你奶奶也会给你加油的
I know you.
我了解你
And I love you more than anything in the world.
你是我最爱的心肝宝贝
What about Auggie?
那奥吉呢?
I love your brother.
我当然爱你的弟弟
But he has a lot of angels looking out for him.
但已经有很多天使在关爱着他了
And you have me.
而你有我
Yeah.
是的
You are everywhere.
你是我的全世界
And...
还有...
...you are my favorite.
奶奶最疼爱你了
You're my favorite, too, Grams.
你也是我最爱的人 奶奶
Mom, Daisy ruined my Boba Fett costume!
妈妈 黛西毁了我的波巴·费特服装!
What? Where have you been? It's very late.
什么?你到哪里去了?这么晚才回来
- I'm sorry. - She threw up all over it.
- 抱歉 - 黛西吐的我衣服上全是
Okay, well, you'll just have to wear
好吧 那你就只能穿
- your costume from last year. - But I told Jack
- 去年的服装了 - 但是我告诉杰克
I was going as Boba Fett, not Ghostface.
我要扮波巴 不是鬼脸
Well, tomorrow is Halloween. And all the shops are closed.
好吧 明天就是万圣节 所有的商店都已经关门了
And my artistic hands are busy making meatloaf.
我这双手正忙着做烘肉卷
So you do the math.
你自己想想吧
Fine!
算了!
Do you need some help, Mom?
妈妈 你需要帮忙吗?
What?
什么?
Some help.
我来帮你
Oh, uh, yes, thank you.
是的 谢谢你
Er, mince that rosemary, please.
帮我把迷迭香切碎吧
Where did you say you were?
你刚才说你去哪了?
I, uh... I went to Coney Island.
我...我去了康尼岛
How about you stay home from school tomorrow? Hmm?
要不你明天别去学校了?
It's Halloween. We can make it a 3-day weekend.
明天是万圣节 加上周末我们可以连续休息三天
Spend some time together.
我们两个聊聊天
Yeah. Yeah, that would be really nice.
好 那真是太好了
Okay, good.
那就好
Peppers? I don't want peppers.
辣椒吗?不要加辣椒
Peppers give Daddy gas.
爸爸吃这个不消化
I don't care what Jack Will says about Christmas.
我才不管杰克·威尔说圣诞节有多好
Hey, Auggie!
嘿 奥吉!
For me, Halloween is the best holiday in the world.
我觉得 万圣节才是世界上最好的节日
It's so awesome, when I'm wearing the costume!
当我穿上万圣节服装的时候 那感觉真是太棒了!
I usually walk with my head down to avoid being seen.
我一般低着头走路 不让别人看见
But on Halloween, I walk with my head up high.
但在万圣节那天 我可以昂首挺胸的走路
I don't even know who that was.
我都不知道其他人是谁
He didn't even know who I was. It's so cool.
他们也不知道我是谁 那真是太酷了
Especially because people don't like to touch me
特别是人们平时不愿意碰我
because they think I'm contagious.
因为他们觉得我有传染病
Oh, yeah, Chewie! Up high! Boom goes the dynamite!
耶 丘伊 击个掌 精彩就在此刻
It really does look like him.
这可真像他
- This part right? - Yeah.
- 是这块像吧? - 是啊
I mean, he's always reminded me of, like, the shrunken head, you know?
我觉得 他总是让我想起 风干的骷髅头 你懂吗?
- Or an orc. - Yeah.
- 还有半兽人 - 对
If I looked like him, I'd swear
如果我长得像他那样 我发誓
I'd put a hood over my face every day.
我每天肯定戴着面罩上学
If I looked like him, I think I'd kill myself.
如果我长那样 肯定早就自杀了
Why do you hang out with him so much, Jack?
杰克 那你为什么老和他在一起
Yeah.
是啊
I dunno.
我也不知道
Tushman asked me to be his welcome buddy
土什曼派我去迎接他 让我对他好一点
and now he just follows me around everywhere.
现在他都快成我的跟屁虫了
Well, that must stink! That must stink.
好吧 真是太惨了 那一定很难受
Oh, yeah. Just like him.
对 就像他那样
Nobody puts Baby in the corner.
怎么会有人忽视宝宝呢
帕特里克·斯威兹 生于德克萨斯州休斯顿 演员 曾在百老汇舞台上表演
Always blows my mind how much Daddy looks like Patrick Swayze in this movie.
这部电影里的帕特里克·斯威兹和你爸爸简直太像了
Ew, no!
哪有啊!
Honey, tell me what's going on with Miranda?
亲爱的 告诉我 你和米兰达是怎么回事?
It's not just the pink hair.
她不仅染了粉红色头发
She's just...
她...
She won't even talk to me.
连话都不跟我说了
I had a friend in high school.
我在高中时有一个朋友
We went through this exact same thing.
我跟你经历了同样的事
And what I did, which fixed it almost immediately...
我做了一件事 就立即恢复了好心情
Yeah?
是吗?
Was, um, to eat an entire jack-o'-lantern bucket of candy.
我吃了整整一个南瓜灯桶里的糖果
Mmm. Hello.
你好
Yes, Mr. Tushman.
是的 土什曼先生
He's nauseous?
他吐了吗?
Does he have a fever?
他发烧了吗?
What did the nurse say?
护士怎么说的?
I'm so sorry.
真的很抱歉
All right. Okay. Thank you. I will be right there.
好的 好 谢谢您 我马上就到
Honey, I have to go, your brother just threw up at school.
亲爱的 我得走了 你弟弟刚刚在学校吐了
Nate, do you know where his helmet is?
内特 你知道他的头盔放在哪儿吗?
He's asking for it and I've looked everywhere.
他要头盔 我到处都找遍了
I don't know. Something at school.
我不知道 学校出事了
He won't say. He won't come out of his room.
他不说 连房间都不出
And now he says he doesn't even wanna go trick-or-treating.
现在他还说甚至不想去要糖果了
I know. Okay. Thank you. Just get here.
我知道 好的 谢谢你 快回来吧
Come on, get ready.
来吧 准备好
It's almost time for the Halloween parade.
万圣节游行要开始了
You're supposed to knock!
你应该敲门的!
Go away!
走开!
Mom says you won't say what happened.
妈妈说你不肯告诉我们发生了什么
Did someone say something?
有人说什么了吗?
Someone always says something!
总有人说什么的!
Well tell me what happened.
那你告诉我出什么事了
It's none of your business!
跟你有什么关系!
You took my day with Mom, so it is my business.
你弄的妈妈没法陪我了 所以跟我有关系
I heard Jack Will talking about me behind my back.
我听到杰克·威尔在背后说我坏话
He said he'd kill himself if he looked like me.
他说如果他长成我这样 他就会自杀
Jack Will? Isn't he the nice one?
杰克·威尔?他不是挺好的吗?
There are no nice ones!
一个好的都没有!
I wish I'd never gone to school in the first place!
我真希望我一开始就没去上学!
But you were liking school. I know you were.
可你喜欢学校 我知道你喜欢的
I hate it, okay? I hate it.
我讨厌 好吗?我讨厌
Auggie, I'm sorry, but you're not the only one who has bad days.
奥吉 我很抱歉 但你不是唯一日子不好过的人
Bad days? Do people avoid touching you?
不好过?人们有躲着你走吗?
When a person accidentally touches you, do they call it "the plague"?
有人不小心碰到你时 他们会说“瘟疫”来了吗?
No.
没有
Jack Will was all I had.
我只有杰克·威尔一个朋友
So just don't compare your bad days at school to mine, okay?
所以请不要拿你和我做比较 好吗?
Okay.
Hey.
Did you notice that Miranda doesn't come around any more?
你注意到米兰达最近没来我们家了吗?
What?
什么?
You didn't. Shocker.
你没注意到 很好奇吧
Yeah she went away to camp this summer
是的 她暑假去参加夏令营了
and now she doesn't like me anymore.
现在她不再喜欢我了
Why?
为什么?
Because school sucks.
上学就是这样
And people change.
人也是会变的
So if you wanna be a normal kid, Auggie, then those are the rules.
奥吉 如果你想当一个正常的孩子 这就是规则
So let's go trick-or-treating.
所以我们去要糖果吧
Okay?
好吗?
Because right now we're each other's best friends.
因为现在我们是彼此最好的朋友
Really?
真的吗?
Yes.
真的
So come on.
所以走吧
I'll let you have all my Halloween candy.
我把我拿到的万圣节糖果都给你
I'll trade you my apples.
我用我的苹果和你换
Okay, no.
好吧 不行
I know that I said that you could have all my candy,
我知道我说过你可以拿走我所有的糖果
but I was really just saying that to get you out of the house.
但我真的只是为了让你出来才那么说的
What about the chocolate?
那巧克力呢?
- No. - And the Smarties?
- 不行 - 那聪明豆呢?
Gummis, licorice, the Reese's, the Hersheys.
还有软糖 甘草 花生巧克力 好时巧克力
- No! - And everything else.
-不行!- 还有别的
All right, I'll let you have all my candy.
好吧 我把我的糖果都给你
Okay, Via.
好的 维娅
You are next please. Let's hear it for Via.
现在到你了 大家欢迎维娅上台
Daisy,
黛西
do you wanna help me take back my corner office?
你想帮我重回我的办公室吗?
Hey, Auggie! You feeling better?
嘿 奥吉!你感觉好点了吗?
Are you okay, Auggie?
你没事么 奥吉?
Yeah.
没事
Sure? 'Cause you're acting really weird.
确定吗?你好像看起来有点怪怪的
I'm okay, Jack, okay?
我没事 杰克 明白吗?
Okay.
好吧
杰克·威尔
They want me to do what?
他们让我干什么?
Give a tour through the school.
带新同学参观学校
But Mom, it's summer vacation.
但是妈妈 现在是暑假
I know.
我知道
But your teachers told Mr. Tushman you're known as a good egg.
但你的老师告诉土什曼先生说你是一个好孩子
- No, I'm a bad egg. - You're a good egg.
- 不 我不是好孩子 - 你是个好孩子
And I'm actually really proud they thought of you for this.
他们愿意找你 我真的很骄傲
Mom, enough with the guilt.
妈 别给我压力了
And you know they gave you a scholarship, right?
他们给了你奖学金 对吧?
Mom...
妈...
Who else is doing it?
还有谁要去?
Uh, Charlotte and Julian.
夏洛特和朱利安
- No. - Why, what's wrong?
- 不要 - 为什么 怎么了?
Charlotte will just talk about Broadway the whole time.
夏洛特会不停地说百老汇的事
And Julian is the biggest phony on the planet.
朱利安是全世界最虚伪的人
So I'm sorry, but no.
所以很抱歉 我不去
Jack, it's for that boy.
杰克 这是为了那个那男孩儿
Who?
哪个?
The one from the ice cream shop.
冰淇淋店见过的那个
Yeah.
So if a nice kid like your little brother cries when he sees him,
你想想 你弟弟那么懂事 都被他吓哭了
what kind of a chance do you think he has in middle school?
你觉得他在中学里会是什么样?
Okay.
好吧
Thank you, kiddo.
谢谢你 孩子
Four things I've learned about Auggie Pullman.
关于奥吉·普尔曼我知道四件事
First of all, you do get used to his face.
第一 你会习惯他的长相的
Now, it's not like regular ice.
干冰不是普通的冰
You can't touch it with your hands, okay?
不能用手直接触摸 知道吗?
Second, he's really smart.
第二 他真的很聪明
He's ahead of me in everything.
他所有地方都比我强
In science, he's ahead of the whole school.
他的科学知识是全校最厉害的
Everybody watching?
大家都在看吗?
Third of all, he's actually pretty funny.
第三 他其实挺好玩儿的
But fourthly, now that I know him,
但是第四 现在我了解他了
I would say I actually do wanna be friends with Auggie.
我真的想和奥吉做朋友
At first, I admit it,
首先 我承认
I was only friendly to him because my mom asked me to be nice.
我之前对他很友好 只是因为我妈妈要我这样做
But now I would choose to hang out with him.
但现在是我自己想跟他玩了
Like, he's a good friend.
他是个好朋友
Like if all the guys in fifth grade were lined up against a wall
就好像如果所有五年级的同学都靠墙排成一队
and I could choose anyone I wanted to hang out with, I would choose Auggie.
让我选一个人一起出去玩的话 我会选择奥吉
Hey, what's wrong?
嘿 怎么了?
Go away.
走开
Oh, hey, Jack, come sit with us.
嘿 杰克 过来坐
Yeah, come on, man.
是啊 来吧 兄弟
I wonder what happened.
到底出什么事了
Maybe Jack touched Auggie
也许杰克碰到了奥吉
and couldn't wash his hands in time.
没来得及洗手
Jack finally got "the plague."
结果染上了“瘟疫”
That's not very nice.
这么说可不太好
What? We didn't start it.
怎么了?又不是我们先这么说的
Where you going?
你去哪儿?
Hi. I'm Summer.
嗨 我叫莎莫
I know. We're in the same homeroom.
我知道 我们是一个班的
You don't have to do this.
你不用这么做
Do what?
做什么?
You don't have to be my friend.
你不必非要和我交朋友
I know Tushman talked to you.
我知道土什曼跟你谈过
I don't know what you're talking about, Auggie.
我不明白你的意思 奥吉
I know Tushman talked to some kids before school started
我知道土什曼开学前和一些孩子谈过话
and told them they had to be friends with me.
让他们和我交朋友
He didn't talk to me.
他没有找过我
Yeah, he did.
他找过
No, he did not.
他没找过
Yeah, he did.
他找过
No, he didn't, I swear on my life!
不 他没找过 我发誓!
Okay, okay. You don't have to get mad.
好吧 好吧 你别生气好吗
I don't like being accused of things, okay?
我不喜欢被人冤枉 知道吗?
Okay. I'm sorry.
好吧 我很抱歉
You should be.
你是该抱歉
- He really didn't talk to you? - Auggie!
- 他真的没找你谈话吗? - 奥吉!
Okay, I just... Why are you sitting here then?
好吧 只是...那你为什么坐过来?
Because I want some nice friends for a change.
因为我想交些好的朋友
Me, too.
我也是
Cool beans.
太好了
But you'll get "the plague."
但是你会得“瘟疫”的
Good.
挺好的
Summer has "the plague."
莎莫得“瘟疫”了
Shut up!
闭嘴!
So what happened with Jack Will?
那么你和杰克·威尔怎么了?
Promise you won't tell?
你保证不会说出去吗?
I got it! I got the part!
我做到了!我拿到这个角色了!
- Congratulations. - Thank you.
- 恭喜了 - 谢谢你
She got it! She got the part! Oh, my God! Bet she got Emily.
她拿到了!她拿到那个角色了!我的天!估计是拿到艾米丽这个角色
Yep.
What'd you get?
你的是什么?
Emily's understudy.
艾米丽的替补
I'm not saying poison or anything, but just a little Benadryl
我不是说毒药或什么的 但只要一点点苯海拉明
to knock Miranda out before the show.
就能让米兰达上不了台
Okay, enough.
好了 够了
Look, just learn her lines and it'll give us an excuse to hang out more.
听着 好好准备台词 这样我们就能多见面了
We can start rehearsing the kissing scene on page 110.
可以从第110页的亲吻镜头开始排练
Wait. George and Emily?
等下 乔治和艾米丽?
There is no page 110.
没有第110页啊
So I'm thinking, I really wanna kiss you right now.
所以我在想 我真的很想现在吻你
But I don't know how you'll respond.
但我不知道你怎么想
What's wrong?
怎么了?
I'm not an only child.
我不是独生女
Mom?
妈?
One sec, Via. Auggie, let's go!
等一下 维娅 奥吉 我们走吧!
I thought you were at the library.
我还以为你在图书馆
Er, um...
啊 ...
Yeah, change of plans.
是啊 计划变了
Hi, I'm Justin.
嗨 我是贾斯汀
I'm Isabel.
我是伊莎贝尔
Daisy threw up again. Bucket loads.
黛西又吐了 吐了好多
Bucket loads.
吐了好多
Um, Justin, this is my little brother Auggie.
贾斯汀 这是我的弟弟奥吉
- Hey, dude! - Hey.
- 嘿 小家伙!- 嘿
What's that in your case? A machine gun?
你的箱子里装着什么?机枪吗?
Er, no. It's a fiddle.
不 是把小提琴
You should tell people it's a machine gun.
你应该告诉人们这是机枪
That's way cooler.
那样听起来更酷
You know what?
还真是
That's a great idea, you're right.
这是个好主意 你说得对
We're on our way to the grocery.
我们去趟杂货店
Mom's making... What's it called?
妈妈正在做...叫什么来着?
Feijoada.
巴西八宝饭
Feij... Mom's making feijoada.
妈妈要做巴西八宝饭
It's Dad's favorite.
那是他爸爸最爱吃的
You're welcome to stay if you want, Justin.
你想呆就呆一会儿吧 贾斯汀
Oh, thank you very much. It was nice meeting you.
太感谢了 很高兴见到你
Nice to meet you, too.
我也很高兴见到你
Bye, Auggie.
再见 奥吉
Nothing to see here.
这儿没什么好看的
It's a gene. Well, it's sort of two genes,
基因问题 是两种基因
but two genes that are identical.
完全相同的基因
And the trouble is that both of my parents
但问题是我的父母
carry the gene at the same time, which is...
同时携带了这种基因 这样就...
Well essentially, he won the lottery.
可以理解为 他中奖了
Backwards or something.
坏事落到他的头上了
And in another world, I'd look like him.
换个角度来说 我可能也会中
I'm sorry for telling you that I was an only child.
我很抱歉我撒谎说我是独生子女
Sometimes it's nice to hide a little.
有时候其实隐瞒点也没关系
I get it. It's okay.
我能理解 没关系
Hello?
你好?
Major Tom, is that you?
汤姆上校 是你吗?
汤姆上校 源于美国著名摇滚歌手大卫鲍威(David Bowie)创作的歌曲《Space Oddity》 汤姆上校是一位宇航员
Miranda!
米兰达!
It's so great to hear your voice again.
听到你的声音真是太好了
Sorry, Via's not here.
我很抱歉 维娅现在不在家
I was actually calling to say hello to you.
我其实是想打电话跟你打个招呼的
How have you been?
你过得怎么样?
Good. Did you know I'm going to a regular school now?
还行 你知道我现在已经上学了吗?
No way.
不会吧
Do you like it?
你喜欢学校吗?
Yeah, I guess.
还行吧
It's not as hard as Mom's home school.
学校的功课比妈妈教的简单一些
Yeah, I'll bet.
是啊 可不嘛
How are the kids? Are they nice?
学校里的孩子怎么样?他们对你好吗?
No. But I made one friend.
不好 但我交了一个朋友
Her name's Summer.
她叫莎莫
We started a summer names club.
我们两个人名字都和夏天有联系
Summer:夏天 August:八月
Summer, August. Get it?
莎莫 奥古斯特 明白了么
Good for you, Auggie.
真是太好了 奥吉
Um, where's Via, anyway?
你姐姐维娅在吗?
She's out with her boyfriend.
她和男朋友出去了
Really?
真的吗?
Yeah. We met him last week. He's super nice.
是啊 上星期我见过他 他可好了
I've missed you, Major Tom.
我很想你 汤姆船长(宇宙飞船船长 这里用来指奥吉)
I miss you too, Miranda.
我也很想你 米兰达
And can you tell Via that I've missed her, too?
奥吉 能帮我告诉你姐姐 我也很想她吗?
Well, but why don't you just tell her yourself?
你为什么不自己告诉我姐姐啊
Listen, I gotta go, my mom's calling me, but, um,
我得挂电话了 妈妈正在喊我 还有
you know that you can call me any time, right?
你随时都可以随时给我打电话
Yeah.
好的
Okay, so call me any time.
好的 随时联系我
I will.
好的
Merry Christmas, Auggie.
圣诞快乐 奥吉
Merry Christmas, Miranda.
圣诞快乐 米兰达
米兰达
- Get after it. - Open it. Rip it apart.
- 拆礼物吧 - 撕开包装
Via and I have been best friends since kindergarten.
我和维娅从幼儿园起就是好朋友了
Oh, my God!
天啊 是宇航员头盔!
Her family's always been like my second family.
她的家就像我的第二个家
Auggie's always felt like my little brother.
奥吉就像我的亲弟弟
How does it feel?
感觉怎么样?
- Awesome. - Good.
- 太棒了 - 不错
And for a few years even our family's spent Christmas together.
我们有几年还一起过了圣诞节
Everybody say "Merry Christmas"!
大家说“圣诞快乐”!
Merry Christmas!
圣诞快乐!
But now my dad's busy with his new wife.
我爸爸现在和新妻子生活
Who was his old boss.
爸爸的新妻子是他以前的老板
And my mom, well, she's busy not getting over that.
我妈妈忙着借酒消愁
I got a job at a summer camp.
我在夏令营找到一份工作
Just so I'd have somewhere to go that wasn't home.
这样即使不回家我也有地方去
One day, and I swear I didn't plan this, but...
有一天 我发誓我真的不是故意的 但是...
I started playing this little make believe game with the girls in the camp.
我对我夏令营的女孩们编起了自己的身世
I said I lived in a huge brownstone.
我住在一个大的褐色砂石房子里
On a nice street.
房子坐落在一个环境优雅的街道上
With my two awesome parents.
和我最爱的父母住在一起
And my awesome dog named Daisy.
还有一只叫黛西的狗
And my awesome little brother with a facial deformity.
我可爱的弟弟 面部有些畸形
And, oh, my God, everyone went crazy.
我的天 大家都对我感兴趣了
"What do you mean, 'deformity'?
什么叫脸部畸形?
"What does he look like?"
他长什么样子?
Suddenly, everyone wanted to talk to me.
突然间 所有人都来找我说话
And by the end of summer, I was the most popular girl in camp.
夏令营结束时 我成了最受欢迎的女孩
When I got home, I wanted to call Via.
当我回到家中 我想打给维娅
But she would've asked me about my parents and about camp.
但是她可能会问我 父母的情况以及在夏令营过的怎么样
And then I saw Via audition for the play.
后来我看到维娅试镜这部话剧
And I remembered how cool she is.
才想起来她多有魅力
And how I understood why everyone in camp
现在我终于明白了
loved me more when I pretended to be her.
为什么我假装成维娅的时候 我在夏令营才更受欢迎
She used to let Auggie hang out with us all the time.
她以前总带着奥吉和我们一起出去玩
I was the one who bought him his astronaut helmet.
他的宇航员头盔还是我买的
He was so into outer space.
他特别喜欢太空
And I wanted him to know that the world was bigger than his room.
以前我想告诉他房间外面的世界更精彩
And now he's out there. And I didn't even know.
现在他走出了房门 而我却不知道
I could've helped him. Maybe he could've helped me.
我本来能帮他 或许他也可以帮助我
I don't know.
谁知道呢
But I could sure use some help right now.
不过我现在真的希望有人帮帮我
That was awesome!
太爽了!
Hey, look, there's Jack Will.
看 是杰克·威尔
Let's find another hill.
我们再找个雪坡吧
You can't just keep avoiding him forever, Auggie.
奥吉 你不可能永远都躲着他
Come on, let's go!
快点 我们走吧!
9. 8. 7. 6. 5. 4.
(新年倒计时)
3. 2. 1. Happy New Year!
新年快乐!
- Happy New Year! - Happy New Year!
新年快乐!新年快乐!
Thanks for the help, Daisy. Way to put your back into it.
谢谢黛西的帮忙 真是辛苦你了
What about you?
那你呢?
Christmas was awesome. We drove up into the mountains
圣诞节最棒了 我们开车到山里
where they had the most amazing snow I've ever seen.
从没见过那么美的大雪
- It was like powder. - Nice.
- 那里的雪就像粉末一样 真不错!
What about you, Jack?
你呢 杰克?
I went up Skeleton Hill. It was the best.
我去了骷髅山那儿真的很棒
Skeleton Hill?
骷髅山?
I hate that place!
我不喜欢那个地方!
Should be called Garbage Hill.
那个地方应该叫做垃圾山
I know, right? I left my old lightning sled up there last time I was up.
我上次去的时候 我把旧雪橇扔在那里了
It was the crappiest piece o' junk.
破的不能再破了
Went back the next day and someone had taken it.
我第二天再去那里的时候 竟然不见了
Hey, maybe a homeless guy wanted to go sledding.
可能是流浪汉想用它滑雪吧
Yeah.
对 对 对
New precept.
新的箴言
Your deeds are your monuments.
一个人的善举将万古流芳
Archaeologists found these words inscribed
考古学家在古埃及坟墓的墙壁上
on the walls of an ancient Egyptian tomb.
发现了这句话
Can anybody tell me what they mean?
现在有谁知道这句话的意思么?
Summer?
莎莫?
I think it means that the things we do
我认为这句话的意思是
are the things that matter most.
我们的所作所为是很重要的
Excellent. Anybody else?
很好 还有谁要回答的?
Hey, Summer.
莎莫 等一下
Hey. You okay?
有事吗?
Yeah. Fine. Just...
恩...那个...
This is gonna sound stupid, but...
你可能会觉得我说的话有点傻 但是...
do you know why Auggie stopped liking me?
你知道为什么奥吉不理我了吗?
You should ask him.
你应该自己去问他
I have, but ever since Halloween, he just won't talk to me.
我想问他 但是自从万圣节以后 他就不理我了
I mean... You know what? I don't care. Sorry.
我想... 算了 我不问了 对不起打扰了
Ghostface.
鬼脸
Wait, wait, what?
等等 什么?
That's all I can tell you.
我只能告诉你这么多了
Okay...
好吧...
Now that we've finished our tests,
测验已经结束了
I want you all to start thinking about
该来计划下我们
our fifth grade science fair projects.
五年级的科学竞赛项目内容了
Which you will need to work on to have ready after spring break.
春假之后就要开始着手准备了
Okay? Now it could be about anything.
明白了吗 主题不限
The point is to create something you're excited about.
重点是你们喜欢自己的作品
Something you're proud to show.
乐意展现自己的作品
Mr. Will?
威尔同学?
Something more important to think about?
你在想什么比老师说的更重要的事么?
No.
没有
So, it'll be teams of two.
现在 两位同学组成一组
Your partner will be your tablemate.
你们要和同桌合作
Uh, Ms. Petosa?
佩托沙老师
I know we're supposed to be in pairs,
我知道我们应该是两人一组
but Jack, Amos and I had this science fair project idea
但是杰克 阿莫斯和我早就想好了一个科学竞赛项目
that we wanted to work on together.
我们想三个人一起做
Okay, maybe we can switch.
好的 我想你们可以调整...
Uh, no.
不用了
Sorry?
什么?
What?
怎么了?
No, um, it's okay. I'll stay with who I've got.
不了 我就和我的同桌一组吧
I'll stick with Auggie.
我就和奥吉一个组
Hey! What did you do that for?
杰克 为什么要那么做?
Dude, I don't want to switch.
我不想换
Why not? Do you really wanna be partners with that freak?
为什么不换?难道你真想和那个怪物一组么?
Dear Mr. Tushman, I'm very sorry for punching Julian.
土什曼先生 我很抱歉打了朱利安
It was wrong of me to do that.
这样做是不对的
I know you may need to expel me,
我知道你可能会开除我
but I'd still rather not say why I did what I did.
但是我不想解释我为什么动手
It might get Julian in trouble, too,
那样可能会让朱利安陷入麻烦
- and that's not fair. - Stop!
- 那对他不公平 - 不要打了!
Sincerely, Jack Will.
杰克·威尔
Dear Mr. Will, one thing I've learned in 20 years in education
亲爱的 威尔同学 我二十年的教育生涯让我明白
is that there are two sides to every story.
每件事都有两面性
So I think I can imagine what started the fight.
其实我能想到你们俩打架的原因
While nothing justifies striking another student
虽然殴打同学的行为不能接受
I know good friends are worth defending.
但是我知道友情是值得捍卫的
So, after your 2-day suspension
所以 在你停课两天后
your scholarship will be waiting for you.
你依然可以获得你的奖学金
Just keep up the good work.
要继续努力 天天向上
And keep being the fine boy we all know you to be.
努力做个好孩子 我们都知道你会成为一个好孩子
Sincerely, Mr. Tushman.
土什曼
What's so wrong with me not telling you about a stupid play?
这部话剧没什么大不了的 我没告诉你们有什么错?
I'm not even in it. I'm just doing the lights.
我都不上台表演 我只是控制灯光
Well your boyfriend is in it.
你的男朋友会演
And don't you think we would like to see him?
你不觉得我们会想去看看你的男朋友吗?
No, I don't!
不是的!
Look, let's all calm down for a second.
大家 都冷静一下
You know, you've been really good
妈妈你知道 我长这么大
at leaving me alone my whole life.
你都没有管我 真的挺好的
So why are you suddenly so interested, huh?
所以为什么你突然间就关心起我的生活了呢?
Are you bored now that Auggie's in school?
奥吉去上学了 你现在没事可干了吗?
Your thesis not going well?
还是你的论文写的不顺利吗?
Nate, could you please excuse us?
内特 你能回避一下吗?
- Izzy, she doesn't mean it. - Nate!
她应该不是故意的 内特!
What are they saying down there?
她们在那里说什么呢?
They, my friend, are saying a lotta things.
她们在说好多事情
None of which concern us.
跟我们都没关系
Let's see your new Minecraft world.
看看你的“我的世界”游戏吧
'Cause we might be moving to it.
我们俩可能会搬到游戏中呢
So, are we going to see the play?
所以 我们会去看那个话剧吗?
Um...
这个...
I hadn't realized what the play was
我之前并不知道话剧的内容
and I don't think it will be of any interest to a kid your age.
而且我觉得你这么小 应该不会对那种话剧感兴趣
Yeah, uh, you'd get totally bored.
对啊 如果去看你会觉得很无聊的
Are you and Dad going?
你和爸爸会去吗?
Daddy'll go. And I'm gonna stay here with you.
爸爸会去 我和你待在家里
What?
什么?
So now you're gonna punish me by not going?
所以你现在跟我斗气 不去看话剧了?
Well, you didn't want me to go in the first place, remember?
好吧 你一开始就不想我去的 记得吗?
Well, now that you know about it, of course, I want you to come.
现在你都知道了 我肯定是想你去的啊
What are you talking about?
你们在说什么??
Nothing.
没什么
You're lying.
你们在撒谎
It's just something to do with Via's school, honey.
亲爱的 只是维娅的学校一些事情
You just don't want your fancy high school friends
你不想你高中的好朋友
to know your brother's a freak, huh?
知道你的弟弟是一个怪物 对不对?
- Auggie! - Auggie, that's not true.
奥吉! 奥吉! 不是那样的
Stop lying to me, I'm not an idiot, I know what's going on!
不要再骗我了 我又不傻 我知道是怎么回事儿!
Daisy girl?
黛西 你怎么了?
Auggie. Come on.
快起来 奥吉
It's okay, I don't wanna go
没事 我不想去
to your stupid high school anyway. I don't care.
那个破学校了 我不在乎
Auggie, not everything in the world is about you.
奥吉 不是所有的事情都是和你有关的
What's wrong?
怎么了?
You're gonna be fine, girlie.
你会好起来的 小宝贝
Daddy's gonna meet me there. Take care of your brother.
爸爸会跟我在医院见面 照顾好你的弟弟
Yeah.
好的
Okay. All right.
没事的
Did Daisy really bite Mom?
黛西真的咬了妈妈吗?
Well, um, she was whimpering.
她当时一直哼哼
And then Mom tried to pick her up and Daisy bit her.
妈妈想把它抱起来 然后黛西咬了妈妈
Do you think the vet can fix her?
你觉得兽医可以治好黛西吗?
She was in a lot of pain, Auggie.
它很难受 奥吉
She's really old.
黛西真的很老了
Auggie?
奥吉?
I want you to come to my play. Okay?
我想你去看我的话剧 好吗?
Really?
真的吗?
Really.
真的
Every time I came home from the hospital, Daisy was here.
每次我从医院回家 黛西都会在门口等我
She was a real friend.
黛西是我真正的朋友
And real friends are hard to find.
真正的朋友很难找的
申请加入你的世界
嘿 这地方看起来太棒了 是你自己搭建的么?
你在哪啊?
我在船上
之前那样说很抱歉
讲真话... 要是那样你真的会自杀么?
不会 但是如果我看起来像朱利安我就肯定会了
等不及让他看见我们在科学节的作品了
那 我们能再次成为朋友么?
Excuse me.
抱歉让一下
Sorry. Thank you.
对不起谢谢
- This is perfect. - Here we go. Good seats.
太棒了 这个位置不错
Here. See if you can find Via's name in there, honey.
这里 亲爱的 看看能不能找到维娅的名字
Glasses. Oh, no! I think I forgot my glasses.
眼镜!糟了 我好像忘记带眼镜了
Auggie, you're missing a great episode of Hoarders, right here.
奥吉 千万别错过囤积者电视剧 这里
Starring your mom's purse.
妈妈的手提包太精彩了
You ready?
准备好了吗?
Are you supposed to be in the girls' dressing room?
你不该来女更衣室吧
Just wanted to wish you good luck.
就是想给你打打气
"Break a leg", not "Good luck."
演出成功 不是 祝你好运
You, too.
你也是
Anyone cheering you on tonight?
今晚有人替你加油吗?
Uh, yeah, my mom invited
是的 我妈妈把
the entire block.
街坊都请来了
It's gonna be really embarrassing.
这下真的太尴尬了
You?
你呢?
Uh, my dad is on his belated honeymoon.
我爸爸正在度蜜月
And my mom's in a funk.
我妈妈有些焦虑
But maybe she'll come tomorrow.
所以她明天可能会来吧
Well, um, Via's family will cheer you on.
没事的 维娅的家人会为你加油的
You'll be great tonight.
今晚你会表演的很好的
Honey, just enjoy the play.
亲爱的 好好的看表演就可以了
Okay.
All right, go get 'em.
好 去找他们吧
- Mr. Davenport... - Hmm.
达文波特老师...
I'm really sorry, but I can't go on tonight.
我很抱歉 但是我今晚不能演了
I don't feel well. I think I might throw up.
我有点难受 可能要吐了
Okay, everybody gets nervous.
没事的 谁都会紧张的
You know, when I did my Hamlet,
你知道 当我演哈姆雷特时
I threw up every night. You're gonna be fine.
我每晚都会呕吐 你会好起来的
Just do it. You'll have all of spring break to recover.
上台去演吧 等你放春假 有的是时间休息
Mr. Davenport, you're not listening. I'm not going on.
达文波特先生 你不理解我的意思 我不演了
Are you kidding me?
你在和我开玩笑吗?
I'm really sorry, but Via knows all the lines. She can do it.
我很抱歉 但是台词维娅都会背 她可以表演的
Then go find her then.
好吧 那赶紧去找她
Thank you.
谢谢
Hi.
放松
This play is called Our Town.
这个话剧叫我们的小镇
It was written by Thornton Wilder.
作者是桑顿·怀尔德
The name of our town is Grover's Corners, New Hampshire.
我们镇 格罗威尔 新罕布什尔州
Just across the Massachusetts line.
正好位于马萨诸塞州线的边界上
Is this... Is this really happening?
这...这真的发生了吗?
Yes, you're going on as Emily. Only you don't have much time.
是的 你要演艾米丽了 马上就要上场了
Well, I don't even know if I'm gonna remember all of my lines.
我都不知道有没有记住所有台词
You'll be great. Justin'll help you through it.
没问题的 贾斯汀会帮助你的
Where is she?
她在哪里?
Via, you're on in two minutes.
维娅 两分钟后你就要上台了
Why, why are you doing this?
为什么 为什么你要这样做?
I told you. I feel sick.
我跟你说过了 我不舒服
We've got a factory in our town, too. You hear it?
在我们的小镇上有一座工厂 你听得见么?
Hey, it's okay. Hey, break a leg.
没事的 祝你演出成功
Makes blankets. Cartwrights own it and it brung 'em a fortune.
做毛毯的 卡特莱特一家开的 赚了很多钱
Children, now I won't have it.
孩子们 我看不下去了
Breakfast is just as good as any other meal.
早餐和其他餐一样重要
And I won't have you gobbling like wolves.
不能这么狼吞虎咽的
It'll stunt your growth. That's a fact.
你会长不高的 我是说真的
Miranda looks so different.
你看米兰达真是大变样了
That's not Miranda, it's Via.
那不是米兰达 是维娅
- What? - It's Via.
什么?维娅
Oh, great.
太棒了
As for me, I'd rather have my children healthy than bright.
要我说 我宁愿我孩子都健健康康的而不是有多大的成就
I'm both, Mama, you know I am.
妈妈 这两点我都能做到
I'm the brightest girl in school for my age.
我是我们年纪最聪明的孩子
I have a wonderful memory.
我的记性很棒
Eat your breakfast.
先吃早餐吧
Hmm. Your stomach flu got better fast.
看起来你的胃好转的很快
Sorry, sir, just jitters.
对不起 我只是有点紧张
I'll be ready by tomorrow night.
我明天晚上会准备好的
She's doing very well.
她演得真不错
I can't. I can't go on.
我不能 我不能继续
It goes so fast.
生命流逝的太快了
We don't even have time to look at one another.
我们甚至都没有时间来看看彼此
I didn't realize.
以前我没想到
So all that was going on and we never noticed?
这么多事发生 我们却从未注意到
Take me back. Up the hill. To my grave.
把我带回去 带上山 回到到我的坟墓
But first, wait, one more look.
首先 等一下 我再看一眼
Goodbye. Goodbye, world.
再见了 世界
Goodbye, Grover's Corners.
再见了 格罗威尔
Mama.
再见了妈妈
And Papa.
再见了爸爸
Goodbye to clocks ticking.
再见了 滴答作响的时钟
And food. And coffee.
再见了食物 再见了咖啡
And hot baths. And sleeping.
再见了热水澡 再见了睡眠
And waking up.
再见了苏醒
Oh, Earth...
再见了地球...
You're too wonderful for anybody to realize you.
你是那么精彩 令人捉摸不透
Blow out the candles. Ready? Take a big breath.
吹灭蜡烛准备 深呼吸
Ha! We did it. Did you make a wish?
吹灭了 你许愿了吗?
I wished for a brother.
我希望要一个弟弟
You did?
是吗
Happy birthday, honey.
生日快乐 亲爱的
Via!
维娅!
Oh, my God!
太棒了!
That was incredible!
真是太精彩了!
- It was just a play. - It wasn't "just" anything.
- 那只是舞台剧而已 - 咱们能说是"而已"呢
- You were amazing! - You were great, Via!
- 你们太棒了! - 维娅 你真的太棒了
Amazing!
太厉害了!
Oh, Auggie.
奥吉
And then there was the nurse...
后来护士来了...
Yeah.
是啊
...who farted, and I don't use that word a lot, about 100 times.
那个放了很多个屁的护士 不好意思我平时不用这个字眼的
Honey, that was you.
亲爱的 放屁的是你
To put it delicately.
我说的很委婉吧
I don't know how else to say it.
这话不知道该怎么说
It's not true.
绝对不是真的
- Busted now! - No, it's not...
- 露馅了吧! - 不 不是...
Anyone? Raise your hand
有谁想换话题就举手吧
if you wanna change the subject and save us from this story.
别再讲这个故事了
All right, I will. I will. Um, what is that?
好吧 我来 我来 嗯 那是什么?
Oh that is Jack and Auggie's science fair project.
那是杰克和奥吉和的科学竞赛项目
Not to be confused with an eyesore
别以为它就是个
in the middle of the room.
客厅中央毁坏市容的东西
No, but what is it?
不会的 但是到底是什么啊?
Well, I don't know. I guess it's like a... Yeah.
嗯 我不知道 我想应该是个... 嗯
Follow me, you'll see.
跟我来吧 你就懂了
Oh, okay.
好啊
Come on!
快来!
All right.
好的
- Sweet. - What?
- 好美啊 - 什么啊?
Are you kidding me? I cannot believe you just did that.
你在开玩笑吗? 你竟敢那样说我 简直难以置信
Go, go, go. Okay. But just no kissing.
快 快 快 但是不许亲亲啊
Seen a lotta horror movies end this way.
很多恐怖电影的结局都是这样
We're gonna open the apertures in 3, 2, 1.
马上要开启光圈了 3 2 1
It's a camera obscura.
啊 这是个暗箱
Yeah. He's ten.
你猜对了 他才10岁
Oh, my God, that was so cool.
天啊 真是太酷了
Cinema history come to life.
感觉就像老式电影一样
All right, people, single file.
注意了 所有人 排好一队
Step right up for an amazing camera obscura.
快过来欣赏神奇的暗箱展示
Step right up to witness Earth's greatest mystery, the volcano.
快来看看地球最神秘的火山吧
Okay, we're gonna open the apertures in...
准备好 马上要打开光圈了...
3, 2,1!
- Whoa! - That's awesome!
那真是厉害了!
Jack and Auggie.
杰克和奥吉
Dude!
兄弟!
- See, you have to go... - No, I did.
- 你看 你需要打开... - 我知道 我弄了
Okay, now I'll go.
好吧 轮到我了
Let's go, let's go.
快点 快点
Everybody get in here.
大家都快进来
Find your seats.
坐到座位上
We good today? It's gonna be a good one, guys.
你们今天都还好吗 这句话特别好 各位
All right. Everybody inside.
好啦 所有人都进来
Come on. New month, new precept.
来吧 新的一个月 来个新的箴言
Look at him.
哈哈 快看他
Hey, where's Auggie?
嘿 奥吉在哪呢?
Right there.
就在那呢
Hey, hey, hey. Why are we running in the hallway?
嘿 嘿 嘿 你们在走廊里跑什么?
不允许有怪胎!
Auggie, you okay?
奥吉 你还好吗?
Yeah. Everything's fine. I'm late for class.
嗯 挺好的 我快迟到了
Hey. Hey, hey, hey.
嘿 嘿嘿 嘿
Auggie, you know if you need help you can ask for it.
奥吉 你需要帮助的时候 就来找我
You're not alone.
你不孤独的
I know.
我知道
Amos.
阿莫斯
You know something about this?
你知道这是怎么回事吗?
You understand?
你明白吗?
We take bullying very seriously at this school.
在这个学校 我们认为霸凌是很严重的行为
There is zero tolerance.
是绝对不能容忍的
Excuse me, can you explain what's going on here?
不好意思 你能解释下现在是怎么回事么
Wasn't Julian the one who got punched in the mouth?
难道不是有人往朱利安嘴上打了一拳吗?
If there's any bullying going on, it isn't my son.
如果有人受欺负的话 那也应该是我的儿子
帮大家个忙 去死吧!
You wrote that, Julian?
朱利安 是你写的么?
Yes, sir.
是的 先生
That one note was on the back of a class photo.
这句话是写在班级合照后面的
Your son photoshopped Auggie out of it.
你儿子把奥吉的照片修掉了
No. No, he didn't. I did.
不 不是的 他没有 是我做的
Of course, I didn't think that he would bring it to school.
不过 我没想到他竟然会把照片拿到学校来
But when our friends come over and they see that picture,
我想的是 我希望我的朋友们来到我家里 看到这张照片的时候
I want them to ask about our son.
关心的是我儿子
Not the Pullmans'.
而不是普尔曼的儿子
Mrs. Albans.
奥尔本斯太太
When we pressed Auggie, he showed us these other notes
我们问了奥吉 他给我们看了这其它这些小纸条
that your son left in his locker and his desk.
你的儿子把它们放在他的储物柜 课桌里
Chair.
还有椅子上
Okay, look, if no one else is gonna
好吧 听着 如果大家都不敢
have the courage to say it, then I guess I will.
说实话 那就只能我说了
These kids are too young to be dealing with this sort of thing.
这些孩子太小 处理不好这种事
Julian has had nightmares because of that kid.
因为那个孩子 朱利安老做噩梦
- Did you know that? - Sarah.
- 你知道吗? - 沙拉
We had to take him to a child psychologist
我们要带他看儿童心理医生
to help him deal with his night terrors.
为了让他晚上不再做噩梦
It's just a two-day suspension.
只是停课两天而已
You'll stay home from the nature preserve trip.
自然保护区的游学活动你不能参加了
That's all.
就这样
Two days for a couple of notes from a kid?
小孩子写的几张纸条就要停课两天
After all the money that we have poured into this school?
那我们给学校赞助的那么多钱呢
We have a lot of friends on the school board, Mr. Tushman.
土什曼校长 学校董事会有很多都是我的朋友
Well, I have more.
我的朋友更多
So what would you have us do?
所以你想让我们怎么做呢?
Bend over backwards for every single person in the world?
照顾全世界每个人的感受吗
Nobody can get their feelings hurt ever?
谁都不能被伤害到感情 是么?
You are not doing these kids any favors.
你这样做对小孩子没好处的
Mrs. Albans, Auggie can't change the way he looks.
奥尔本斯太太 奥吉改变不了他的相貌
So, maybe we can change the way we see.
也许我们可以改变我们的眼光
Yes.
好吧
I will be sure to tell that to the real world.
你去跟这个真实残酷的世界说这些吧
Thank you for this. We won't be back in the fall.
谢谢你这番说教 明年开学我们不来了
Mom. I like this school.
妈 我喜欢这个学校
Mom. I have friends, Dad.
妈 我朋友都在这 爸爸
Let's go, Julian.
我们走吧 朱利安
Come on.
走吧
Mr. Tushman.
土什曼校长
I'm really sorry.
我真的很抱歉
I know you are, Julian.
我知道的 朱利安
- He's not even looking at us. - Oh.
他连看都不看我们一眼
This is gonna be epic. Race ya!
这次肯定很好玩儿 看谁快!
- The sound of joy! - Ah...
真是愉悦的声音
All right. I want you to close your eyes,
好了 我想让你闭上眼睛
because I have a surprise for you.
我给你准备了个惊喜
Do you take requests?
我能提要求么?
Not before 9:45.
晚上9点45之前不行
Okay.
好了
Open your eyes.
睁开眼吧
No! Are you... You finished your thesis!
不会吧!你完... 你完成了你的论文!
Let's get drunk.
我们好好喝一杯吧
Wait, wait, wait. Hold on.
等等 等等 别心急
Wait a minute. A double surprise, surprise.
嘿 这是什么 双重惊喜
Okay.
好吧
- Go ahead. - Nothin's gonna
- 快啊 - 不会跳出来
- jump out at me, is it? - No.
- 什么东西吧? - 不会
Givin' me the eyes.
你这眼神...
What's in here? I'm kind of scared...
里面是什么啊? 我有点儿害怕了...
Good, right?
喜欢吧?
I'm just gonna keep that in the box for now.
还是先把它放在盒子里吧
Does that merit a kiss? Come here.
是不是该亲我一下? 快过来
More than a kiss.
多亲你一下
Thank you.
谢谢你
Alright, kids! Let's give a big warm welcome to the William Heath School!
注意了 孩子们!让我们热烈的欢迎威廉希思中学!
The Glover Academy! And Beecher Prep!
格洛弗学院! 比彻预科中学!
Last chance to get popcorn!
这是领爆米花的最后机会!
Hello.
Okay!
好了!
Welcome to the 23rd annual
欢迎参加布罗德伍德自然保护区第23届
Big Movie Saturday in the Broarwood Nature Reserve!
年度周六大电影活动!
Tonight's movie will be...
今晚要播放的电影是...
The Wizard of Oz!
绿野仙踪!
Yay!
好!
Hey, dude. You wanna go outside?
嘿 兄弟 你想去外面么?
Why?
为什么啊?
We can watch this movie any time.
电影什么时候都能看
Aw, man, I need to pee.
老兄 我要尿尿
Wanna go back?
要回去尿么?
Nah, I'll just go over here.
不要 我到这边就好了
Like in the subways? That's gross.
啊 就像在地铁里那样吗? 好恶心
No. This is gross.
才不是 这才恶心
Look at that.
看那里
What? What are you lookin' at?
什么?你在看什么?
I'm going up there someday.
总有一天我会上去的
Well, I'm going down here right now, so...
好吧 我要先在这尿一泡....
I gotta go, too, now.
现在 我也想嘘嘘了
You go there. I'll go here. Don't look.
那你去那边 我在这儿 不许偷看
What do we got here?
看啊 我们找到什么了
Couple of losers stinkin' up the woods.
树林里竟然有俩小屁孩儿
Holy crap! Look at his face!
我的天啊!看看他的脸!
He's a freak!
他是个怪胎
Jesus, I've never seen anything that ugly in my life.
天啊 我这辈子从来没见过这么丑的东西
Maybe it's an orc.
可能他是个半兽人
- Dude, let's go. - Go where?
- 伙计 我们走 - 想去哪?
Hey, talkin' to you, Gollum.
嘿 我跟你说话呢 咕噜(指环王人物)
This the one mask to rule them all? My precious.
你用这个面具统治魔界么 我的宝贝
Hey, what's your problem?
嘿 你有意见么
Your boyfriend's my problem.
我对你朋友有意见
Hey! Leave him alone.
嘿 不许欺负他
What are you gonna do about it?
你能把我怎么样?
- Get outta my way. - No.
- 你给我让开 - 我不
I said get outta my way!
我说给我让开!
I said no!
我说不行!
Yo, Jack, what's up, man?
呦 杰克 你在干嘛呢 朋友?
What's this? More little freaks?
这是什么? 更多小屁孩来了?
What you call us, hick?
乡巴佬 你叫我们什么?
Come on, prep boy.
来啊 小学生
Guys, stop!
你们快停下来!
Guys, stop it!
你们住手!
Guys, stop!
快住手!
Just stop, please! Stop!
快住手,求求你们了!住手!
Just go!
快走!
Oh, man! Dude! Come on! Let's go!
兄弟!老兄!快跑!我们快跑!
Let's get out!
我们得逃走!
- Are you okay? - Uh...
你还好吗?
Dude, you're bleeding.
兄弟 你流血了!
What was that? Something's coming.
那是什么声音? 有人来了
Amos?
是阿莫斯么?
Jack!
杰克!
- Over here! - Amos, come on!
- 在这儿呢! - 阿莫斯 快过来!
They follow you?
他们追过来了吗?
I think we lost 'em.
我觉得已经把他们甩掉了
How did you guys know we needed help?
你们怎么知道我们有危险的?
We saw them follow you out of the lodge.
我们看见他们跟着你们从木屋出来了
I think they were seventh graders. They were huge.
他们应该是七年级的学生 长得真高
Thanks, guys.
谢谢了伙计们
You totally saved our butts.
你们救了我们
Yeah, thanks, guys.
是啊 谢谢你们
You know, it was cool how you stood your ground, little dude.
小家伙 你刚刚挺身而出的样子很酷
Hi!
Oh, my gosh, I missed you so much! Mmm.
天哪 我想死你了!
- See you later, Auggie! - Bye!
- 再见 奥吉 - 拜
How are you?
怎么样?
Good. And guess what? I got in a fight.
很好 你猜怎么着? 我打架了
Oh my God, you're bleeding! Are you okay?
上帝啊 你流血了! 你没事吧?
What happened?
发生什么事了?
Auggie got in a fight.
奥吉打架了
That's terrible. I'm sorry.
太糟糕了 我很抱歉
- Did you win? - Nate!
- 你赢了吗? - 内特!
Well, I'm getting a vibe like maybe he won.
但是 我只是有种感觉 他可能赢了
Did you?
赢了吗?
Yeah. And guess what? They were seventh graders.
嗯 你猜怎么着 他们是七年级的
Yes!
太棒了!
See you later, buddy!
再见 兄弟!
Bye!
再见!
Fighting is bad, Auggie.
打架是不对的 奥吉
- Bye, Mr. and Mrs. P. - Goodbye.
- 再见 普先生和太太 - 再见
See you at graduation, Auggie.
毕业典礼见 奥吉
Looking sharp.
看着真帅
Thanks, Dad.
谢谢老爸
I'm talking about me.
我在说自己呢
Hey! Ah, you look good, too.
嘿 你也非常帅
I think it's safe to say the Pullman men are crushing it today.
我觉得今天普尔曼一家的帅哥们今天可是万人迷
- You've come a long way, huh? - Yeah.
- 你经历了很多 - 是的
Auggie, I am proud of you for sticking it out.
奥吉 你能坚持下来 我真是感到很骄傲
You didn't think I would, did you?
你本来觉得我不行吧
'Course I did.
当然不是!
Okay, well, come on.
呃 好吧
I mean, when you started you were still wearing
你那时候在公共场所
the astronaut helmet in public.
还一直戴着你的那个宇航员头盔呢
I love that helmet. I wish I knew where it was.
我很喜欢那个头盔的 要是能找到它就好了
It's in my office.
它就在我的书房里
What? Dad! That was a gift. You had no right to hide it!
什么 爸爸!那可是给我的礼物 你不能把它藏起来!
Auggie, Auggie, please, don't be mad.
奥吉 奥吉 你千万别生我的气
You gotta understand, you were wearing it all the time.
你要理解我 你那时候一直戴着它
I never got to see you anymore.
我都看不到你的脸了
I missed your face.
我想看到你的脸
I know you don't always like it, but I love it.
我知道你有时候不喜欢 但是我喜欢
It's my son's face.
那是我儿子的脸
I wanna see it.
我希望能看见它
Do you forgive me?
你能原谅我吗?
No.
不能
Yes.
好吧
Does Mom know?
妈妈知道吗?
No. God, no, she'd kill me.
不知道 天啊 她会杀了我的
But I can maybe find it, if you need it back.
但是如果你想要 我可以把它拿回来
That's okay.
不用了
- Mom. - Yes?
- 妈 - 嗯?
Thank you.
谢谢你
For what?
为什么?
Making me go to school.
谢谢你让我上学
I was so mad at you sometimes.
我有时候生过你的气
But I'm really happy to be here.
但是现在我很开心
You really are a wonder, Auggie.
你是个奇迹 奥吉
You are a wonder.
你是一位奇迹男孩
Thank you, choir. That was beautiful.
谢谢合唱团 歌声太美了
Ladies, gentlemen, boys and girls, graduates.
女士们 先生们 男孩儿们和女孩儿们 毕业生们
Final award this morning is the Henry Ward Beecher medal
今天的最后一个奖项是亨利沃德比彻奖牌
to honor students who have been notable or exemplary.
将它授予一位表现突出 以身作则的学生
Usually, it's a "good works," a service award.
一般来说 这是奖励乐于助人 的孩子
But I came upon a passage that he wrote,
但是最近我读到了比彻曾经写下的一段话
which made me realize that good works come in many forms.
让我想到乐于助人有很多种形式
"Greatness," he wrote, "lies not in being strong
他写道:“伟大并非在于力量的强大
"but in the right using of strength.
而是你如何地去正确的使用你的力量”
"He or she is the greatest
所有伟大的人 无论男女
"whose strength carries up the most hearts
将自己的魅力化作力量
"by the attraction of his own."
影响周围的人
Without further ado, this year, I am very proud
不再继续拖延了 今年 我非常自豪的
to award the Henry Ward Beecher medal
把亨利沃德比彻奖章
to the student whose quiet strength
颁发给这个 默默激励了
has carried up the most hearts.
很多同学的孩子
So,
下面
will August Pullman please come up here to receive this award?
请奥吉斯特·普尔曼同学上台接受这一奖项
You're the best, dude!
你是最棒的 兄弟!
Walking up towards that stage, I felt like I was floating.
走向舞台的时候 我感觉整个人在飘
My heart was beating so fast.
我的心 跳的那么的快
I didn't really understand why I was getting a medal.
我真不懂自己为什么得到了这个奖项
It's not like I blew up the Death Star.
又不是我炸掉了死星(引用星战)
All I did was get through fifth grade, just like everyone else here.
我只是和同学一样度过了5年级而已
Congratulations.
恭喜你
Here you go. That's for you.
戴上吧 这个是给你的
Then again, maybe that's kind of the point.
其实 这就是最重要的吧
Maybe the truth is, I'm really not so ordinary.
也许事实就是 我没有那么的普通
Maybe if we knew what other people were thinking
如果你能看透每一个人的心
we'd know that no one's ordinary.
就会知道 没有人是普通的
And we all deserve a standing ovation at least once in our lives.
每个人都值得大家站起来为他鼓掌一次
My friends do.
我的朋友们值得
My teachers do.
我的老师们值得
My sister does for always being there for me.
我的姐姐值得 因为她永远支持我
My dad does for always making us laugh.
我的爸爸值得 因为他总逗我们笑
And my mom does the most.
特别是我妈妈
For never giving up. On anything.
因为她从不放弃任何事情
Especially, me.
特别是 我
It's like that last precept Mr. Browne gave us.
就像是布朗老师送给我们的最后一条箴言
Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle.
善良一点 因为大家的一生都不容易
And if you really wanna see what people are,
如果你想真正了解他人
all you have to do... is look.
你只需要用心去看