傲慢与偏见 Pride & Prejudice

上映日期: 2,005

语言: 英语

影片类型: 剧情 / 爱情

导演: 乔·赖特

演员: 凯拉·奈特莉 / 马修·麦克费登 / 唐纳德·萨瑟兰 / 布兰达·布莱斯 / 凯瑞·穆里根 / 裴淳华 / 吉娜·马隆 / 妲露拉·莱莉 / 朱迪·丹奇 / 西蒙·伍兹 / 克劳迪·布莱克利 / 汤姆


台词
片名:傲慢与偏见
Lydia! Kitty!
丽迪雅!吉蒂!
My dear Mr Bennet, have you heard?
我的好老爷班纳特,你听说了吗?
Netherfield Park is let at last. Do you not want to know who has taken it?
尼日斐花园终于租出去了 你难道不想知道是谁租去了吗?
As you wish to tell me, my dear, I doubt I have any choice in the matter.
既然你这么想告诉我,我的好太太 我只能洗耳恭听了
Kitty, what have I told you about listening at the door?
吉蒂,我以前告诉过你们不要偷听
There's a Mr Bingley arrived from the North.
是位从北部来的彬格莱先生
- Five thousand a year! - Really?
- 一年有五千磅的收入! - 真的?
- He's single! - Who's single?
- 他是单身汉! - 谁是单身汉?
A Mr Bingley, apparently. Kitty!
彬格莱先生,显然 吉蒂!
How can that possibly affect them?
这关女儿们什么事?
Mr Bennet, how can you be so tiresome?
班纳特老爷 你怎么这样叫人讨厌?
You know he must marry one of them.
告诉你吧,他一定会娶 我们女儿中的一个当太太
That is his design in settling here?
他住到这儿来 就是为了这个打算的吗?
You must go and visit him at once.
你得马上去拜访拜访他
Good heavens. People.
天哪,人们
For we may not visit if you do not, as you well know, Mr Bennet.
要是你不去,叫我们怎么去? 你是知道的,班纳特
- Are you listening? You never listen. - You must, Papa! At once!
- 你在听我说话吗?你从来都不听 - 你一定要去,爸爸!马上!
There's no need. I already have.
没必要去了,我已经去过了
- You have? - When?
- 你去过了? - 什么时候?
Oh, Mr Bennet, how can you tease me so?
噢,班纳特老爷 你怎么能够这样戏弄我们?
Have you no compassion for my poor nerves?
你半点儿也不体谅我脆弱的神经
You mistake me, my dear. I have the highest respect for them.
你错怪我了,我的好太太 我非常尊重你的神经
They've been my constant companions these twenty years.
它们是我23年的老朋友了
Papa!
爸爸!
- Is he amiable? - Who?
- 他亲切吗? - 谁?
- Is he handsome? - He's sure to be.
- 他帅吗? - 他一定帅
With 5,000 a year, it would not matter if he had warts.
一年有五千磅的人 就算他有什么毛病也没关系啦
Who's got warts?
谁有毛病?
I will consent to his marrying whichever girl he chooses.
我倒想看看他会娶什么样的女孩
- So will he come to the ball tomorrow? - I believe so.
- 那么他明天也会去舞会吗? - 我想是的
- Mr Bennet! - [Kitty] I have to have your muslin!
- 班纳特老爷! - 我要穿你的棉布衣了!
- I'll lend you my green slippers! - They were mine.
- 我会借给你我的绿拖鞋! - 它们以前是我的
- I'll do your mending for a week. - I'll retrim your new bonnet.
- 我会为你做一星期的针线活 - 我会为你的新帽子重新装饰
Two weeks I'll do it for.
两周内我将为你做一切
[# jig]
It's not the same! It's not the same.
不一样! 不一样
I can't breathe.
我快呼吸不过来了
[girl] I think one of my toes just came off.
我想我的一个脚趾头刚失去知觉
If every man does not end the evening in love with you,
如果在今晚结束前 没有男士爱上你的话
then I'm no judge of beauty.
那我就再也不对美丽作评论了
- Or men. - No, they are far too easy to judge.
- 或者男士们 - 不,它们太亲率以至于没有判断力
They're not all bad.
他们并不都那么糟糕
Humourless poppycocks, in my limited experience.
在我有限的经历中 他们都是没有一点幽默感的胡扯
One day, someone will catch your eye,
总有一天 某人会抓住你的眼睛
and then you'll have to watch your tongue.
然后你就不得不注意你的口吻了
How good of you to come.
你能来真太好了
Which of the painted peacocks is our Mr Bingley?
哪一位鲜艳的孔雀 是我们的彬格莱先生?
He's on the right. On the left is his sister.
右边的是他 左边的是他的妹妹
- The person with the quizzical brow? - That is his good friend, Mr Darcy.
- 长着奇怪眉毛的那个? - 那个是他的好朋友,达西先生
- He looks miserable, poor soul. - He may be, but poor he is not.
- 他看上去挺痛苦的,可怜的人 - 他可能痛苦,但并不可怜
Tell me.
告诉我
1 0,000 a year, and he owns half of Derbyshire.
一年有一万英镑的收入 他拥有半个的德贝郡
The miserable half.
这个痛苦的半个德贝郡
[# jig]
Mr Bennet, you must introduce him to the girls immediately.
班纳特老爷,你一定要马上 把他介绍给你的女儿们
Smile at Mr Bingley. Smile.
朝彬格莱先生微笑,微笑
Mary.
曼丽
Mr Bingley, my eldest daughter you know.
彬格莱先生,我的长女,你已经认识
Mrs Bennet, Miss Jane Bennet, Elizabeth and Miss Mary Bennet.
班纳特太太,吉英·班纳特小姐 伊丽莎白还有曼丽·班纳特小姐
It is a pleasure. I have two others, but they're already dancing.
很荣幸见到你们 我还有两个女儿,但是她们在跳舞
I'm delighted to make your acquaintance.
我很高兴能与你们相识
And may I introduce Mr Darcy of Pemberley in Derbyshire.
请允许我向你们介绍达西先生 来自德贝郡的彭布利庄园
How do you like it here in Hertfordshire?
你喜欢赫特福德郡吗?
Very much.
很喜欢
The library at Netherfield, I've heard, is one of the finest.
尼日斐的图书馆 我听说是最好的图书馆之一
It fills me with guilt. I'm not a good reader. I prefer being out of doors.
这真让我深感内疚 我不是一个好的读者,我跟喜欢户外运动
Oh, I mean, I can read, of course.
噢,我是说,我能阅读,当然
And I'm not suggesting you can't read out of doors.
我不建议你这么做 在户外是没法阅读的
[Jane] I wish I read more, but there seem to be so many other things to do.
我非常希望我能多读点书 但是总有这样那样的事情要做
[Bingley] That's exactly what I meant.
就是那个意思
Mama, Mama! You will never, ever believe what we're about to tell you.
妈妈,妈妈!你肯定不会相信 我们要告诉你的事情
- Tell me! - She's going to take the veil.
- 告诉我! - 她一定会掩饰
- The regiment are coming! - Officers?
- 军团来了! - 军官们?
They're going to be stationed the whole winter, right here.
他们整个冬天将驻扎在这里,在这里!
- Officers? - As far as the eye can see.
- 军官们? - 就在我们附近
[Mrs Bennet] Oh, look. Jane's dancing with Mr Bingley.
噢,瞧,吉英在和彬莱格先生在跳舞
Mr Bennet.
班纳特老爷
- Do you dance, Mr Darcy? - Not if I can help it.
- 你跳舞吗,达西先生? - 不,但是如果你想跳的话我可以带你跳
I didn't know you were coming to see me. What's the matter?
我不知道你会来这看我 出什么事了?
We are a long way from Grosvenor Square, are we not, Mr Darcy?
我们从罗夫纳酒店千里迢迢赶来的就为这? 达西先生?
I've never seen so many pretty girls.
我生平没见过今天晚上这么多可爱的姑娘们
You were dancing with the only handsome girl.
舞场上唯一漂亮的姑娘跟你在跳舞
She is the most beautiful creature I have ever beheld.
我从来没见过如此美丽的尤物
- But her sister Elizabeth is agreeable. - Perfectly tolerable.
- 但是她的妹妹伊丽莎白也很讨人喜欢啊 - 她还可以
Not handsome enough to tempt me. Return to your partner and enjoy her smiles.
但是还没漂亮到打动我的心 你还是回到你的舞伴身边去欣赏她的笑脸吧
[Darcy] You're wasting your time with me.
犯不着把时间浪费在我的身上
Count your blessings, Lizzie. If he liked you, you'd have to talk to him.
上帝保佑你,伊丽莎白 如果他喜欢你,你就要和他说说话
Precisely.
正好
I wouldn't dance with him for all of Derbyshire,
我可不愿意当着 所有德贝郡的人面和他跳舞
Iet alone the miserable half.
让这个痛苦的半个德贝郡一个人呆着吧
[# jig]
Wait!
等等!
- I enjoyed that so much, Miss Lucas. - How well you dance, Mr Bingley.
- 我很喜欢这里,卢卡斯小姐 - 你跳的真好,彬莱格先生
[woman] I've never enjoyed a dance so much.
我从没这么快乐的跳舞过
My daughter Jane is a splendid dancer, is she not?
我女儿吉英的舞跳得很不错,对吧?
She is indeed.
她确实跳得很好
Your friend Miss Lucas is a most amusing young woman.
你的朋友卢卡斯小姐 是一个非常风趣的年轻女士
Oh, yes, I adore her.
噢,是的,我很崇拜她
- It is a pity she's not more handsome. - Mama!
- 可惜的是她不够漂亮 - 妈妈!
Oh, but Lizzie would never admit that she's plain.
噢,但是伊丽莎白 从不会承诺她长很普通
Of course, it's my Jane who's considered the beauty of the county.
当然啦,我的吉英 才是这个郡最漂亮的可人儿
Mama, please!
妈妈,求求你!
When she was 1 5, a gentleman was so much in love with her,
当她还只有15岁的时候 一位绅士就深深地爱上她了
I was sure he would make her an offer.
我敢肯定他一定对她有企图
However, he did write her some very pretty verses.
无论如何,他是写过不少可爱的诗给她
And that put paid to it.
但就那样结束了
I wonder who discovered the power of poetry in driving away love.
我想知道是谁发现了 诗还有熄灭爱情的力量
- I thought poetry was the food of love. - Of a fine, stout love.
- 我想诗是爱情之花的露水 - 多美啊,如磐石的爱情
But if it is only a vague inclination, one poor sonnet will kill it.
但是如果只是暧昧的喜好 一首乏味的十四行诗会毁了它
So, what do you recommend to encourage affection?
那么,你推荐用什么来鼓励爱情呢?
Dancing. Even if one's partner is barely tolerable.
跳舞,即使舞伴长得只是可以
[hushed] Mr Bingley is just what a young man ought to be.
彬莱格先生真是位典型的好青年
- Sensible, good-humoured... - Handsome, conveniently rich...
- 有见识,有趣味.. - 英俊,非常富有...
Marriage should not be driven by thoughts of money.
婚姻不应该被金钱的贪婪驱使
Only deep love will persuade me to marry.
只有真挚的爱情才能让我结婚
- Which is why I'll end up an old maid. - Do you really believe he liked me?
- 这就是为什么我终将会成为一位老姑娘 - 你真的认为他喜欢我吗?
He danced with you most of the night, and stared at you the rest.
他几乎整晚都在和你跳舞 即使你在休息时,眼睛也一刻不离开你
I give you leave to like him. You've liked many stupider.
我不反对你喜欢他 不过你以前也喜欢过很多蠢货啊
You're a great deal too apt to like people in general.
你总是太容易发生好感
All the world is good in your eyes.
在你眼睛里看到,天下都是好人 你都看得顺眼
Not his friend. I still can't believe what he said about you.
但不包括达西先生 我到现在都不敢相信他评论的你的那些话
Mr Darcy?
达西先生?
I'd more easily forgive his vanity had he not wounded mine.
我会更容易原谅他的空虚 那些不会伤害我
But no matter. I doubt we shall ever speak again.
但是不用担心 恐怕我们再也不会说话了
[Mrs Bennet] He danced with Miss Lucas.
他和卢卡斯小姐跳舞了
[Mr Bennet] We were all there, dear.
我们都在那看到了,我的好太太
It is a shame she's not more handsome.
真可惜她不够漂亮
There's a spinster in the making and no mistake.
她是个没有过错的老处女
The fourth with a Miss King of little standing,
第四支舞是和金小姐跳的
and the fifth again with Jane.
第五支又是跟吉英跳的
If he had any compassion, he would've sprained his ankle.
要是他稍许体谅我一点 但愿他跳得脚踝扭了筋
The way you carry on,
你的举止不正常
you'd think our girls look forward to a grand inheritance.
你最好先为我们的女儿 找一个有钱的女婿
When you die, which may be very soon,
当你去世时 很可能这个时候马上就来了
they will be left without a roof over their head nor a penny to their name.
否则他们不会给我们留一片瓦 他们会带走他们名下的每分钱
- Please, it's ten in the morning. - A letter to Miss Bennet, ma'am.
- 拜托,现在才早上十点 - 给班纳特小姐的信,夫人
From Netherfield Hall.
从尼日斐花园寄出的
- Praise the Lord. We are saved! - [laughter]
- 赞美上帝,我们有救了!
[Mrs Bennet] Make haste, Jane, make haste. Oh, happy day!
快,吉英 快,噢,多么愉快的一天啊!
It is from Caroline Bingley.
卡罗琳·彬莱格写来的
She has invited me to dine with her.
她邀请我去她家共进晚餐
- Her brother will be dining out. - Dining out?
- 她的哥哥将要出去吃饭 - 出去吃饭?
- Can I take the carriage? - Let me see.
- 我能用马车吗? - 我想想
- It is too far to walk. - This is unaccountable of him.
- 那太远了走不过去的 - 对他而言这是无法解释的
Mama, the carriage for Jane?
妈妈,为吉英准备马车?
Certainly not. She'll go on horseback.
当然不是,她会骑马去
[Lizzie & Jane] Horseback!
骑马!
[thunder]
Lizzie.
伊丽莎白
Now she'll have to stay the night, exactly as I predicted.
这样她就能在那留宿了 正如我所预料的
Good grief, woman, your skills in the art of matchmaking
真不幸,老婆子 你做媒的技巧
are positively occult.
太不可思议了
Though I don't think, Mama, you can take credit for making it rain.
尽管我不赞同,妈妈 你怎么能预料到下雨呢
"My friends will not hear of me returning home until I am better.
“我的朋友们不会听到我回家的消息 直到我好点为止
Excepting a sore throat, a fever and a headache, nothing is wrong with me."
除了喉咙发炎,发烧,头痛 我都挺好的”
If Jane does die it will be a comfort to know it was in pursuit of Mr Bingley.
如果吉英死了的话 这会是对彬格莱先生追求的安慰
People do not die of colds.
人们不会因为感冒而死的
[Lizzie] But she may perish with the shame of having such a mother.
但她会因为有这样的一个母亲 而羞愧而死
I must go to Netherfield at once.
我现在必须要去尼日斐花园了
Lady Bathurst is redecorating her ballroom in the French style.
巴瑟斯特夫人正在按照法国风格 重新装修舞厅
A little unpatriotic, don't you think?
有点不爱国,你不觉得吗?
Miss Elizabeth Bennet.
伊丽莎白·班纳特小姐到
[Caroline] Good Lord, did you walk here?
上帝,你走过来的吗?
I did.
是的
- I'm so sorry. How is my sister? - She's upstairs.
- 真抱歉打扰了,我的姐姐呢? - 她在楼上
Thank you.
谢谢
[Caroline] My goodness, did you see her hem? Six inches deep in mud.
天啦,你看到她的裙摆没? 足足有6英尺的泥浆
She looked positively mediaeval.
她看上去像从中世纪来的
I feel such a terrible imposition. They're being so kind to me.
我觉得好象可怕的逼迫一样 他们对我都非常好
I don't know who is more pleased at your being here, Mama or Mr Bingley.
我不知道哪一个更高兴看到你在这 妈妈?还是彬莱格先生?
Thank you for tending to my sister so diligently.
谢谢你们如此细心的照顾我的姐姐
She's in far better comfort than at home.
她在这比在家要舒服多了
It's a pleasure.
这是件令人愉快的事
I mean, it's not a pleasure that she's ill. Of course not.
我是说,她生病不令人愉快,当然不是
It's a pleasure that she's here, being ill.
令人愉快的是她在这生病了
[Mr Bennet] Not going to be famous, our pig.
不要太出名了,猪
Black on the back, but not related to the learned pig of Norwich.
后背是黑色,但是和诺里奇的猪没任何关系
- Now that pig is... - Mr Bennet.
- 现在那猪... - 班纳特老爷
It's all going to plan. He's half in love with her already.
都是按计划进行的 他已经有一半爱上她了
- Who is, blossom? - Mr Bingley.
- 谁,布洛申? - 彬莱格先生
He doesn't mind that she hasn't a penny.
他不在乎她身无分文
He has more than enough for the two of them.
他的钱足够他们俩用的了
- How will we meet them? - Easy!
- 我们怎么能碰见他们? - 容易!
Wait for me!
等等我!
[Lydia] You drop something. They pick it up. And then you're introduced.
你掉了东西,他们拾起来 这样你就被认识了
Officers!
军官!
[# military march]
[Caroline] You write uncommonly fast, Mr Darcy.
你写信写得这样快,真是少见,达西先生
You're mistaken. I write slowly.
你这话可说得不对,我其实写得相当慢
How many letters you must have occasion to write, Mr Darcy.
你得写多少封信啊,达西先生?
Letters of business. How odious I should think them.
生意上的信 我看这是够厌烦的吧
It is fortunate, then, they fall to me and not you.
这么说,这些信总算幸亏碰到了我 没有碰到你
Tell your sister I long to see her.
告诉令妹 我很想和她见见面
- I've already told her once. - I do dote on her.
- 我已经遵命告诉过她了 - 我太喜爱她了
I was quite in raptures at her beautiful design for a table.
她寄来给我装饰桌子的那张美丽的小图案 我真喜欢极了
Perhaps you will give me leave to defer your raptures.
可否请你通融一下,让我把你的喜欢 延迟到下一次写信时再告诉她?
I have not room enough to do them justice.
这一次我可写不下这么多啦
[Bingley] You young ladies are so accomplished.
像你们这样的年轻女士总是多才多艺的
- What do you mean? - You paint tables, play the piano
- 你什么意思? - 你们会为桌子作画,会弹琴
and embroider cushions.
还有给垫子刺绣
I never heard of a lady, but people say she's accomplished.
我从没有听说过人们 会形容一位小姐用多才多艺这个词
[Darcy] The word is applied too liberally.
这个词的使用是不受限制的
I do not know more than half a dozen women
我认识的这样的女士不超过6个
- that are truly accomplished. - [Caroline] Nor l.
- 那一定是多才多艺的 - 可我不是
Goodness, you must comprehend a great deal in the idea.
上帝,你一定从中领会了很多
- I do. - Absolutely.
- 是的 - 绝对
She must have a knowledge of music, singing, drawing, dancing
她一定懂得音乐,歌唱,绘画,跳舞
and the modern languages to deserve the word.
还有时髦的语言来点菜
And something in her air and manner of walking.
还有她说话的口气和走路的样子
And she must improve her mind by extensive reading.
而且她一定通过广泛的阅读 来扩展他的视野
I'm no longer surprised at your knowing only six accomplished women.
我再也不会惊讶于 你仅对6位多才多艺女士的了解
- I wonder at you knowing any. - Are you so severe on your own sex?
- 我想知道你擅于什么 - 你对女士也是这么严格要求的吗?
I never saw such a woman. She would certainly be a fearsome thing to behold.
我从没遇到过这样的女士 认识这样的女士一定是很可怕的事情
[Caroline] Miss Elizabeth, let us take a turn about the room.
伊丽莎白小姐 我们在房间里瞎走动走动吧
It's refreshing, is it not, after sitting so long in one attitude?
这很清爽,不是吗 坐了那么久,走动一下可以提提精神
It is a small kind of accomplishment, I suppose.
这也是种小技艺 我想
Will you not join us, Mr Darcy?
你不和我们一起来吗,达西先生?
You can only have two motives, and I would interfere with either.
你们不过是有两个动机 但我不会妨碍到任何一个
What can he mean?
他什么意思?
The surest way to disappoint him would be to ask him nothing.
让他失望是最好的办法 什么都不问他
Do tell us, Mr Darcy.
一定要告诉我们, 达西先生
Either you are in each other's confidence
你们两是心腹之交
and you have secret affairs to discuss,
肯定有些私事要聊聊
or you are conscious that your figures
否则就是你们自以为散起步来
appear to the greatest advantage by walking.
体态显得特别好看,所以要散散步
If the first, I should get in your way.
倘若是出于第一个动机 我夹在你们中间就会妨碍你们
If the second, I can admire you much better from here.
倘若是出于第二个动机 那么我坐在这可以更好地欣赏你们
How shall we punish him for such a speech?
亏他说得出,我们该怎么罚他呀?
- We could laugh at him. - No. Mr Darcy is not to be teased.
- 讥笑他一番 - 不行,达西先生是不能让人笑话的
Are you too proud, Mr Darcy? And would you consider pride a fault or a virtue?
你是否太骄傲了些,达西先生? 你认为骄傲是缺点还是优点?
- I couldn't say. - We're trying to find a fault in you.
- 说不好 - 我们在试着找出你的缺点
I find it hard to forgive the follies and vices of others,
别人的愚蠢和过错我本应该赶快忘掉 却偏偏忘不掉
or their offences against me.
人家得罪了我 我也忘不掉
My good opinion, once lost, is lost forever.
我对于某个人一旦没有了好感 就永远没有好感了
Oh, dear. I cannot tease you about that.
噢,亲爱的 我不能讥笑你了
What a shame, for I dearly love to laugh.
对于我非常喜欢讥笑你 我深表羞愧
[Caroline] A family trait, I think.
家族传统,我想
A Mrs Bennet, a Miss Bennet, a Miss Bennet and a Miss Bennet, sir.
班纳特太太,班纳特三小姐 班纳特四小姐还有班纳特五小姐到,先生
Are we to receive every Bennet in the country?
乡下所有叫班纳特都来我们家了?
What an excellent room you have, sir.
你的屋子多可爱啊,先生
Such expensive furnishings.
贵重的家具
[Mrs Bennet] I do hope you intend to stay here, Mr Bingley.
我非常希望你能留在这,彬格莱先生
Absolutely, I find the country very diverting. Don't you agree, Darcy?
当然,我觉得乡村非常的有趣 不是吗,达西?
I find it perfectly adequate.
我觉得非常的适当
Even if society is a little less varied than in town.
乡下碰不到像城里那么多些各色各样的人
Less varied? Not at all.
碰不到?完全不是
We dine with four and 20 families of all shapes and sizes.
就我所知,平常跟我们来往吃饭的 可也有二十四家呀,各色各样的家庭
Sir William Lucas, for instance, is a very agreeable man.
比如威廉·卢卡斯爵士 就是位很和蔼的人
And a good deal less self-important than some people half his rank.
跟他同一爵位的某些人比起来 他是那么温雅的好人
[Lydia] Mr Bingley, is it true you will hold a ball here?
彬格莱先生 你真的要在这举办舞会吗?
A ball?
舞会?
It would be an excellent way to meet new friends. You could invite the militia.
那将是认识新朋友最好的方式 你可以邀请民兵们
- Oh, do hold a ball! - Kitty!
- 噢,那就举办舞会! - 吉蒂!
When your sister recovers, you shall name the day.
只要等你姐姐复元了,由你随便定个日期就行
I think a ball is an irrational way to gain new acquaintance.
我想舞会是认识新人的不理智的方式
It would be better if conversation, not dancing, were the order of the day.
聊天比跳舞好 那可是风尚
Indeed, much more rational, but rather less like a ball.
确实,聊天更理性 但是跟舞会比起来就差了点
Thank you, Mary.
谢谢,曼丽
What a fine imposing place to be sure, is it not, my dears?
这是多么的让人留连忘返啊 不是吗,亲爱的?
There's no house to equal it in the county.
在乡下再也找不到这么好的房子了
- Mr Darcy. - Miss Bennet.
- 达西先生 - 班纳特小姐
- There she is. - I don't know how to thank you.
- 她在那 - 我对你感激不尽
You're welcome any time you feel the least bit poorly.
当你感觉身体不适时 随时欢迎你来
Thank you for your stimulating company. Most instructive.
谢谢你有生气的陪伴 非常有益
Not at all. The pleasure is all mine.
不客气,这是我的荣幸
- Mr Darcy. - Miss Elizabeth.
- 达西先生 - 伊丽莎白小姐
And then there was one with great long lashes, like a cow.
这时有个很长的鞭子,像母牛一样
Ask Mrs Hill to order us a sirloin, Betsy.
叫希尔太太给我们做牛腩 伊丽莎白
Just the one, mind. We're not made of money.
注意,只要一块 我们没钱
[Mary practises scales]
I hope, my dear, you've ordered a good dinner today.
我的好太太 希望你今天的午饭准备的好一些
I've reason to expect an addition to our family party.
因为我预料 今天有客人来
[Lizzie] His name's Mr Collins, the dreaded cousin.
他叫柯林斯先生,可怕的堂哥
- [Charlotte] Who is to inherit? - Everything.
- 谁来继承? - 所有的一切
Even my piano stool belongs to Mr Collins.
甚至我的钢琴凳都属于柯林斯先生
When?
什么时候?
He may turn us out of the house as soon as he pleases.
他可以高兴什么时候把我们撵出这所屋子 就什么时候撵出去
The estate passes directly to him and not to us poor females.
你自己的产业不能让自己可怜的女孩们继承 却要让别人来继承
Mr Collins, at your service.
柯林斯先生,愿为你效劳
What a superbly featured room and what excellent potatoes.
多漂亮的房间啊 多漂亮的土豆啊
It's many years since I've had such an exemplary vegetable.
我好多年都没有吃到这样的蔬菜了
To which fair cousin should I compliment the excellence of the cooking?
在公平的堂哥面前 我怎能恭维厨艺高超?
We are perfectly able to keep a cook.
我们确实能做顿不错的饭菜
Excellent.
很棒
I'm very pleased the estate can afford such a living.
我非常高兴看到这的财产 能担负如此好的生活条件
I'm honoured to have as my patroness Lady Catherine de Bourgh.
能有位像凯瑟琳·德·包尔夫人 那样的女资助人是我三生有幸
You've heard of her, I presume?
我想你们已经听说她了吧?
My small rectory abuts her estate,
我的小教区毗邻她的庄园
Rosings Park, and she often condescends
罗新斯花园 她还常乘她的四轮小马车
to drive by my humble dwelling in her little phaeton and ponies.
拜访过我的寒舍
Does she have any family?
她有亲人吗?
One daughter, the heiress of Rosings and very extensive property.
她只有一个女儿,也就是罗新斯的继承人 将来可以继承到非常大的一笔遗产呢
I've often observed to Lady Catherine
我常说凯瑟琳夫人
that her daughter seemed born to be a duchess,
她的女儿好像出生就是女公爵
for she has all the superior graces of elevated rank.
因为她拥有贵族们所有的优雅
These kind of compliments are always acceptable to the ladies,
这样巧妙的恭维话 一般都会让太太小姐们听得高兴
and which I conceive myself particularly bound to pay.
我总觉得我应该在这方面特别留意
How happy for you, Mr Collins,
真为你高兴,柯林斯先生
to possess the talent for flattering with such delicacy.
你能有这种才能 能够非常巧妙的捧人家的场
Do these attentions proceed from the impulse of the moment
但你这种讨人喜欢的奉承话 是临时想起来的呢
or are they the result of previous study?
还是老早想好了的?
They arise from what is passing at the time.
大半是看临时的情形想起来的
And though I do sometimes amuse myself with arranging such little compliments,
不过有时候我也自己跟自己打趣,预先想好 一些很好的小恭维话,平常有机会就拿来应用
I always wish to give them as unstudied an air as possible.
而且临时说的时候 总是要装出十自然流露出来的
Oh, believe me, no one would suspect your manners to be rehearsed.
噢,相信我 没人会怀疑那是你排练好了的举动
[Lydia laughs, coughs]
After dinner, I thought I might read to you for an hour or two.
午餐后,我想 我可以给大家读一到两个小时的书
I have with me Fordyce's Sermons
我随身带着《讲道集》
which speak very eloquently on all matters moral.
这是本关于行为道德的善辩集
Are you familiar with Fordyce's Sermons, Miss Bennet?
你读过《讲道集》吗,班纳特小姐?
Mrs Bennet, I have been bestowed by the good grace of Lady Catherine de Bourgh
班纳特太太,承蒙凯瑟琳·德·包尔夫人的厚爱
a parsonage of no mean size.
提拔我担任教区牧师的职位
I have become aware of the fact.
我已经知道了
It is my avowed hope that soon I may find a mistress for it.
我真心的希望能尽快 给我的牧师住宅找到一位女主人
And I have to inform you that the eldest Miss Bennet
我不得不告诉你 班纳特大小姐
has captured my special attention.
已经俘获了我的心
Oh, Mr Collins.
噢,柯林斯先生
Unfortunately, it is incumbent upon me
很不幸,我有责任提醒你一下
to hint that the eldest Miss Bennet is very soon to be engaged.
班纳特大小姐很快就要订婚了
Engaged.
订婚
But Miss Lizzie, next to her in age and beauty,
但是伊丽莎白小姐 无论是年纪,美貌,比大小姐都只差一步
would make anyone an excellent partner.
无论对谁 她都会是个不错的伴侣
Do not you agree? Mr Collins?
你赞同吗?柯林斯先生?
Indeed. Indeed.
当然,当然
A very agreeable alternative.
一个非常好的备选
[fiddler plays]
[Lizzie] Mr Collins is a man who makes you despair at the entire sex.
柯林斯先生会让你对 所有男性完全绝望的
- Yours, I believe. - Oh, Mr Wickham, how perfect you are.
- 肯定 - 噢,韦翰先生,你是多么十全十美啊
He picked up my handkerchief. Did you drop yours on purpose?
他捡起我的手帕 你是故意丢手帕的?
Mr Wickham is a lieutenant.
韦翰先生是位陆军中尉
- An enchanted lieutenant. - What are you up to, Liddy?
- 一位迷人的陆军中尉 - 你要干什么,丽迪雅?
- We happened to be looking for ribbon. - White, for the ball.
- 我们碰巧来挑丝带 - 白色的,为舞会准备的
Shall we all look for some ribbon together?
我们能一起挑挑丝带吗?
- Good afternoon, Mr James. - Miss Lydia, Miss Bennet.
- 下午好,詹姆斯先生 - 丽迪雅小姐,班纳特小姐
I shan't even browse.
我不该来的
I can't be trusted. I have poor taste in ribbons.
你不能信任我 我对丝带没一点品味
Only a truly confident man would admit that.
只有完全自信的人才会承认
No, it's true.
确实
And buckles. When it comes to buckles, I'm lost.
还有带扣 当它变成了带扣,我就完全糊涂了
- You must be the shame of the regiment. - The laughing stock.
- 你一定是军团的羞耻 - 成为笑柄
What do your superiors do with you?
你的上级怎么对你呢?
Ignore me. I'm of next to no importance, so it's easily done.
无视我,我几乎没有价值 所以就很容易做到
- Lizzie, lend me some money. - You already owe me a fortune.
- 伊丽莎白,借我点钱 - 你已经借过了
- Allow me to oblige. - No, Mr Wickham, please...
- 请允许我帮个小忙 - 不,韦翰先生,不要...
I insist.
我坚持
- [Lizzie] I pity the French. - [Wickham] So do l.
- 我真同情那个法国人 - 我也是
- [Jane] Look, Mr Bingley. - [Lydia] Mr Bingley!
- 瞧,彬格莱先生 - 彬格莱先生!
[Bingley] I was just on my way to your house.
我正准备去你家
How do you like my ribbons for your ball?
你喜欢我特地为你的舞会 准备的丝带吗?
- Very beautiful. - She is. Look, she's blooming.
- 非常漂亮 - 确实,瞧,她是那么的光彩照人
Oh, Lydia.
噢,丽迪雅
Be sure to invite Mr Wickham. He is a credit to his profession.
一定要邀请韦翰先生 他是个诚实可靠的人
[Jane] You can't invite people to other people's balls.
你不能邀请人去别人的舞会
Of course, you must come, Mr Wickham.
当然,你一定要来,韦翰先生
If you'll excuse me, ladies, enjoy the day.
请原谅,小姐们,祝你有愉快的一天
[Lizzie] Do you plan to go to the Netherfield ball, Mr Wickham?
你打算去尼菲尔德庄园舞会吗,韦翰先生?
Perhaps. How long has Mr Darcy been a guest there?
可能,什么时候达西先生变成了这里的客人?
About a month.
大概1个月了
Forgive me, but are you acquainted with him, with Mr Darcy?
请原谅我的冒昧 你和达西先生很熟吗?
Indeed, I've been connected with his family since infancy.
实际上,我从小就和他家里有特别的关系
You may well be surprised, given our cold greeting this afternoon.
你下午也许看到我们见面时那种冷冰冰 的样子了吧,难怪你听了我的话会诧异
I hope your plans in favour of Meryton will not be affected
你既然喜欢麦里屯 打算在那里工作的计划,我但愿你不要
- by your relations with the gentleman. - It is not for me to be driven away.
- 因为你和那位绅士的关系而影响你原来的计划 - 我才不会让达西先生赶走呢
If he wishes to avoid seeing me, he must go, not l.
要是他不原意看到我,那就得他走,而不是我
I must ask, what is the manner of your disapproval of Mr Darcy?
我一定要问问,达西先生的什么行为 让你如此不赞同
My father managed his estate.
我父亲是他家的账房先生
We grew up together, Darcy and l.
我们从小一起长大,达西和我
His father treated me like a second son, loved me like a son.
他的父亲对待我就好像亲儿子一样 像疼爱儿子一样的疼爱我
We were both with him the day he died.
他父亲去世的那天,我们一起
With his last breath,
守在他的床前到最后一刻
his father bequeathed me the rectory in his estate.
他父亲的遗嘱上 说明把教区牧师职位给我
He knew I had my heart set on joining the Church.
他早就知道我一心想加入教会
But Darcy ignored his wishes and gave the living to another man.
但是达西无视他父亲的遗属 把那个牧师职位给了别人
- But why? - Jealousy.
- 但为什么呢? - 嫉妒
His father...
他的父亲...
Well, he loved me better and Darcy couldn't stand it.
唔,他的父亲疼爱我甚过他 达西无法容忍
- How cruel. - So now I'm a poor foot-soldier.
- 多么残酷啊 - 所以到现在我还是名一贫如洗的士兵
Too lowly even to be noticed.
低微的以至于引不起任何人的注意
[hums tune]
- Breathe in! - I can't anymore. You're hurting.
- 摒住呼吸 - 我不行了,你弄疼我了
Betsy.
伊丽莎白
Betsy!
伊丽莎白!
- There must've been a misunderstanding. - Jane, you never think ill of anybody.
- 那一定是个误会 - 吉英,你从来都不把人往坏处想
How could Mr Darcy do such a thing?
达西先生怎么会做出那样的事情?
I will discover the truth from Mr Bingley this evening.
今天晚上我就问问彬格莱先生 事情的真相
Let Mr Darcy contradict it himself.
让达西先生不能自圆其说
Till he does, I hope never to encounter him.
在此以前 我希望从没见到过他
Poor, unfortunate, Mr Wickham.
可怜,不幸的,韦翰先生
Wickham is twice the man Darcy is.
韦翰比达西更像男子汉
And, let us hope, a rather more willing dancer.
让我们祈祷有更多的舞伴吧
[man] There they are, look.
他们在那,瞧
- [lady] Oh, yes. - [man] Billy.
- 噢,是的 - 比利
[man] Jane Martin is here.
吉英·马丁在这里
May I say what an immense pleasure it is to see you again.
能再次见到你真是无比的荣幸
- Mrs Bennet. - Miss Bingley.
- 班纳特太太 - 彬格莱小姐
Charming.
真迷人
I'm so pleased you're here.
我很高兴你能来
So am l.
我也是
And how are you? Miss Elizabeth? Are you looking for someone?
你还好吗?伊丽莎白小姐? 你在找人吗?
No, not at all, I was just admiring the general splendour.
不,不是,我只是惊叹这里如此光彩壮丽
- It is breathtaking, Mr Bingley. - Good.
- 真叹为观止,彬格莱先生 - 太好了
[Mrs Bennet] You might have passed a few pleasantries with Mr Bingley.
你也许已经和彬格莱先生打趣过了
[Mrs Bennet] I've never met a more pleasant gentleman in all my years.
我一生从没见过这么令人愉快的绅士
Did you see how he dotes on her?
你见过他如何溺爱她吗?
[Mrs Bennet] Dear Jane, always doing what's best for her family.
亲爱的吉英 总是为她的家人做最好的选择
[orchestra plays]
- Charlotte! - Lizzie!
- 夏洛特! - 伊丽莎白!
- Have you seen Mr Wickham? - No. Perhaps he's through here.
- 你有看到韦翰先生吗? - 没有,可能他来过这
Lizzie, Mr Wickham is not here. Apparently, he's been detained.
伊丽莎白,韦翰先生不在这 显然,他被事情耽误了
Detained where? He must be here.
在哪耽误?他一定在这
- There you are. - Mr Collins.
- 你在这啊 - 柯林斯先生
Perhaps you will do me the honour, Miss Elizabeth.
你能赏脸和我跳舞吗? 伊丽莎白
Oh, I did not think you danced, Mr Collins.
噢,我没想到你会跳舞的 柯林斯先生
I do not think it incompatible with the office of a clergyman.
我认为这和牧师的职责不相违背
Several people, her Ladyship included, have complimented me
相反,有些人,包括贵妇人们在内 都称赞
on my lightness of foot.
我轻盈的舞步呢
[Jane] Apparently, your Mr Wickham has been called on some business to town.
显然,你的韦翰先生上城里有事去了
Dancing is of little consequence to me, but it does...
跳舞对我来说有点不合逻辑 但是...
...but it does afford the opportunity to lavish...
它为慷慨给予了机会...
-... upon one's partner attentions... - [Jane] My informer tells me...
- ...看舞伴的注意力... - 有人告诉我...
...that he would be less inclined to be engaged, were it not for...
...韦翰先生要不是为了 要回避这儿的某一位先生
...the presence of a certain gentleman.
决不会这么凑巧,偏偏这个时候因事缺席
[Collins] Which is my primary object.
谁是我的第一舞伴
[Lizzie] That gentleman barely warrants the name.
那位绅士几乎不叫名字
[Collins] It is my intention, if I may be so bold,
我是故意的,那样太大胆了
to remain close to you throughout the evening.
如果整晚与你保持亲密
May I have the next dance, Miss Elizabeth?
我能和你跳下一支舞吗? 伊丽莎白小姐
You may.
可以
- Did I agree to dance with Mr Darcy? - I dare say you will find him amiable.
- 我同意和达西先生跳舞了? - 你将来一定会发觉他很讨人喜欢的
It would be most inconvenient since I've sworn to loathe him for all eternity.
那一定非常难 因为我发誓一辈子厌恶他
[# solo violin dance]
- [Lizzie] I love this dance. - [Darcy] lndeed. Most invigorating.
- 我爱这支舞曲 - 确实,非常让人精神充沛
It is your turn to say something, Mr Darcy.
现在该轮到你谈谈啦,达西先生
I talked about the dance.
我既然谈了舞曲
Now you ought to remark on the size of the room or the number of couples.
你就得谈谈舞池的大小 以及有多少舞伴之类的问题
I'm perfectly happy to oblige. What would you like most to hear?
我很高兴能说你感兴趣的 你最想听什么?
That reply will do for present.
这种回答眼前也说得过去了
[Lizzie] Perhaps by and by I may observe
待一会我或许会谈到
that private balls are much pleasanter than public ones.
私人舞会比公共场所的舞会更好
For now, we may remain silent.
不过,我们现在可以不必作声了
[Darcy] Do you talk as a rule while dancing?
那么说,你跳起舞来照例总得要谈上几句吗?
No. No, I prefer to be unsociable and taciturn.
不,不,我更喜欢不爱交际和沉默
Makes it all so much more enjoyable, don't you think?
这样会让别人更愉快 你不觉得吗?
Tell me, do you and your sisters very often walk to Meryton?
告诉我 你和你的姐妹们经常上麦里屯溜达吗?
Yes, we often walk to Meryton.
是的,我们常常去
It's a great opportunity to meet new people.
那是结识新朋友的好机会
When you met us, we'd just had the pleasure of forming a new acquaintance.
你那天在那儿碰到我们的时候 我们正在结交一个新朋友呢
Mr Wickham's blessed with such happy manners, he's sure of making friends.
韦翰先生生来满面春风 交起朋友来得心应手
Whether he's capable of retaining them is less so.
至于他是不是能和朋友们长久相处 那就不大靠得住了
He's been so unfortunate as to lose your friendship. That is irreversible?
他真不幸,竟失去了您的友谊 那不可挽回了吗?
- It is. Why do you ask such a question? - To make out your character.
- 是的,你问我这些话用意何在? - 只不过为了要解释解释你的性格罢了
- What have you discovered? - Very little.
- 那么你究竟弄明白了没有? - 我一点儿也弄不明白
I hear such different accounts of you as puzzle me exceedingly.
我听到人家对于你的看法及不一致 叫我不知道相信谁的话才好
I hope to afford you more clarity in the future.
我希望将来我能让你对我有更清晰的认识
[chattering]
- Is that Mr Darcy of Pemberley? - I believe so.
- 那是彭布利庄园的达西先生吗? - 我想是的
I must make myself known to him.
我一定要向达西先生自我介绍
He's a nephew of my patroness, Lady Catherine.
他是我的女资助人,凯瑟琳夫人的侄儿
He will consider it an impertinence.
他会认为那是很冒失的行为
Mr Darcy.
达西先生
Mr Darcy.
达西先生
Mr Darcy. Good evening...
达西先生,晚上好...
What interesting relatives you have.
你有多么有趣的亲戚啊
[sings]
Mary, dear, you've delighted us long enough.
曼丽,亲爱的 你使我们开心得够久啦
Let the other young ladies have a turn.
留点时间给别的小姐们表演表演吧
[Bingley]...since I was a child, and then she died.
...当我还是孩子的时候,她就去世了
I have a beautiful grey.
我有漂亮的灰色
Of course, Caroline's a much better rider than l, of course.
当然,卡罗琳的马术比我好,绝对
Oh, yes. We fully expect a most advantageous marriage.
噢,是的,我们热切期盼着 这门好处多多的婚缘
And my Jane, marrying so grand, must throw her sisters in the way.
再其次,我的吉英能攀得这么称心如意的姻缘 那么,她的妹妹们也就有希望碰上别的阔少
Clearly my family are seeing who can expose themselves to the most ridicule.
无疑我们家好像是约定今天晚上 到这儿来尽量出丑的
- At least Bingley has not noticed. - No.
- 至少,彬格莱先生没有注意到 - 没有
- I think he likes her very much. - But does she like him?
- 我想他真的很喜欢她 - 但是她喜欢他吗?
Few of us are secure enough to be in love without proper encouragement.
几乎没有人能够 在没有恰当的鼓励下陷入爱情
Bingley likes her enormously,
彬格莱非常喜欢她
but might not do more if she does not help him on.
但是可能以后不会了 如果她不暗示他
She's just shy. If he cannot perceive her regard, he is a fool.
她只是害羞 如果他觉察不到她的关注,他一定是个傻瓜
We are all fools in love.
在爱情里大家都是傻瓜
He does not know her character as we do.
他根本不像我们那么了解她的性格
She should move fast and snap him up.
她应该快速离开 吊他的胃口
There is plenty of time for us to get to know him afterwards.
这样我们就有大量的时间来了解他
[Caroline] I can't help feeling that someone's going to produce a piglet
我觉得有人会放出小猪来
and make us chase it.
让我们来追赶
- Oh, dear! - I do apologise, sir.
- 噢,亲爱的! - 我很抱歉,先生
I'm awfully sorry. Do forgive me.
我真的很抱歉,请原谅我
[lady] Emily, please!
艾米莉,不要!
Mary, my dear Mary. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.
曼丽,我亲爱的曼丽 噢亲爱的,噢亲爱的,噢亲爱的
- I've been practising all week. - I know, my dear.
- 我练习了一星期了 - 我知道,亲爱的
[Mary] I hate balls.
我讨厌舞会
Mr Bennet, wake up.
班纳特老爷,醒醒
[Mrs Bennet] Oh, I've never had such a good time!
噢,我从没有过这么高兴的时光
Charles, you cannot be serious.
查尔斯,你不用太认真了
We'll have a wedding here in less than three months if you ask me, Mr Bennet.
班纳特先生,如果你要问我为什么高兴 告诉你我们将会在3个月内有门婚事
Mr Bennet!
班纳特老爷!
Mary, please.
曼丽,不要
[Mr Bennet] Thank you, Mr Hill.
谢谢,希尔先生
Mrs Bennet, I was hoping, if it would not trouble you,
班纳特太太,我希望这不会让你烦恼
that I might solicit a private audience with Miss Elizabeth.
我恳求你能答应 我和伊丽莎白小姐单独谈谈
Oh, certainly, Lizzie would be very happy indeed.
噢,当然可以 伊丽莎白会很乐意的
Everyone, out. Mr Collins would like a private audience with your sister.
所有人都出去,柯林斯先生想和 你们的姐妹单独谈谈
Wait, Mr Collins can have nothing to say to me that anybody need not hear.
等等,柯林斯先生没有什么不可告人的话 非要单独和我说的
I desire you will stay where you are. Everyone else to the drawing room.
我要你待在这儿不动 其他所有人都去客厅
- Mr Bennet. - But...
- 班纳特老爷 - 但是...
Now.
马上
- Jane. Jane, don't... Jane! - Jane.
- 吉英,吉英,别...吉英! - 吉英
Papa, stay.
爸爸,留下
Dear Miss Elizabeth,
亲爱的伊丽莎白小姐
My attentions have been too marked to be mistaken.
我对你的百般殷勤,已经表现得非常明显了 你一定会明白我说话的用意
Almost as soon as I entered the house,
几乎是当我走进这房子的那一刻
I singled you out as the companion of my future life.
我就挑中你做我的终身伴侣
But before I am run away with my feelings,
不过关于这个问题,也许最好趁我现在 还控制得住我自己感情的时候
perhaps I may state my reasons for marrying.
先谈谈我要结婚的理由
Firstly, that it is the duty of a clergyman
第一,这是牧师的职责
to set the example of matrimony in his parish.
给全教区树立一个婚姻的好榜样
Secondly, I am convinced it will add greatly to my happiness.
其次,我深信结婚会大大地促进我的幸福
And thirdly, that it is at the urging
第三,我尊敬的女资助人 凯瑟琳夫人
of my esteemed patroness, Lady Catherine,
催促我
that I select a wife.
挑选一个好太太
My object in coming to Longbourn was to choose such a one
我来浪博恩的目的就是
from among Mr Bennet's daughters,
从班纳特先生的女儿中挑选一个做太太
for I am to inherit the estate
因为我将要继承令尊的财产
and such an alliance will surely...
而像这样的结合一定...
...suit everyone.
...会让每个人满意
And now nothing remains but for me to assure you in the most animated language
现在我的话已经说完 除非是再用最激动的语言
- of the violence of my affections. - Mr Collins!
- 把我最热烈的感情向你倾诉 - 柯林斯先生!
And no reproach on the subject of fortune
对于财产的有限,没有任何责备的意思
- will cross my lips once we're married. - You forget I have given no answer.
- 我们结婚以后,我决不会说一句小气话 - 你忘了我根本没有回答你呢
Lady Catherine will thoroughly approve when I speak to her
凯瑟琳夫人一定会赞同这门婚事的 当我向她说起
of your modesty, economy and other amiable qualities.
你的淑静,节约以及其他种种可爱的优点
Sir, I am honoured by your proposal, but I regret that I must decline it.
先生,你的求婚使我感到荣幸 可惜我除了谢绝之外,别无办法
I know ladies don't seek to seem too eager...
我了解小姐们 都会矜持推诿一下...
Mr Collins, I am perfectly serious. You could not make me happy.
柯林斯先生,我的谢绝完全是严肃的 你不能使我幸福
And I'm the last woman in the world who could make you happy.
而且我也绝对不能使你幸福
I flatter myself that your refusal is merely a natural delicacy.
说句自不量力的话 你的拒绝正符合女人家微妙的天性
Besides, despite manifold attractions,
此外,尽管你有许多吸引人的地方
it is by no means certain another offer of marriage will ever be made to you.
但不会有另外一个人再向你求婚了
I must conclude that you simply seek to increase my love by suspense,
我就不得不认为 你这样是欲擒故纵,想要更加博得我的喜爱
according to the usual practice of elegant females.
仿效一般高贵的女性的通例
I am not the sort of female to torment a respectable man.
我不是那种故意捉弄尊敬绅士的女性
Please understand me, I cannot accept you.
请理解我 我不能接受你
[Lydia & Kitty laugh]
Headstrong, foolish child.
顽固的傻孩子
Don't worry, Mr Collins. We'll have this little hiccup dealt with immediately.
别担心,柯林斯先生 我们马上就能解决这一切
Lizzie. Lizzie!
伊丽莎白,伊丽莎白!
Mr Bennet, we're all in an uproar!
班纳特老爷,我们闹得翻天覆地了!
You must come and make Lizzie marry Mr Collins.
你得马上出来一下 你得劝劝伊丽莎白跟柯林斯先生结婚
Mr Collins has proposed to Lizzie,
柯林斯先生已经向伊丽莎白求婚了
but she vowed she will not have him, and now the danger is
但是她发誓不要他 现在危险的是
Mr Collins may not have Lizzie.
柯林斯先生会不要伊丽莎白了
- What am I to do? - Well, come and talk to her.
- 我能做什么? - 唔,过来和她谈谈
Now!
马上!
- Tell her you insist they marry. - Papa, please.
- 跟她说,你非要她跟他结婚不可 - 爸爸,不要
[Mrs Bennet] You will have this house and save your sisters from destitution.
你会拥有这屋子 还能把你的妹妹们从贫穷中拯救出来
- I can't marry him. - Go and say you've changed your mind.
- 我不能嫁给他 - 去说你已经改变了你的心意
- Think of your family. - You cannot make me.
- 为你的家人想想 - 你不能逼我
Mr Bennet, say something.
班纳特老爷,说点什么
Your mother insists upon you marrying Mr Collins.
你母亲坚持要你嫁给柯林斯先生
Yes, or I shall never see her again.
是的,否则我就不要再见你了
From this day onward, you must be a stranger to one of your parents.
从今天起,你不和父亲成为陌路人 就要和母亲成为陌路人
Who will maintain you when your father is dead?
当你父亲去世了 谁会养你?
Your mother will never see you again if you do not marry Mr Collins,
要是你不嫁给柯林斯先生 你的母亲就不要再见你了
and I will never see you again if you do.
如果你嫁给他 我就不要再见你了
Thank you, Papa.
谢谢,爸爸
[Mrs Bennet] Ungrateful child! I shall never speak to you again.
不懂事的孩子! 我将不再和你说话了
Not that I take much pleasure in talking.
老实说 跟谁说话都不大乐意
People who suffer as I do from nervous complaints
像我这样神经脆弱的人
can have no pleasure in talking to anybody.
就没有多大的兴致说话
Jane!
吉英!
What's the matter? Jane?
出什么事了?吉英?
I don't understand what would take him from Netherfield.
我不明白 什么让他离开尼日斐花园
Why does he not know when he'll return?
为什么他不知道他什么时候回来?
Read it.
读读
"Mr Darcy is impatient to see his sister and we are scarcely less eager.
“达西先生迫不急待地要去看看他的妹妹 我们也差不多同样热切地希望和她重逢
I do not think Georgiana Darcy has her equal for beauty,
我认为乔治安娜·达西无论在容貌方面
elegance and accomplishment. I hope to call her hereafter my sister."
举止方面,才智方面的确也没有人能够比得上 希望她以后会做我的嫂嫂
Is that not clear enough?
说得还不够清楚吗?
Caroline sees her brother in love with you
卡罗琳看出她哥哥爱上你
and has taken him off to persuade him otherwise.
就把他带走 想方设法去说服他
But I know her to be incapable of wilfully deceiving anyone.
但是我知道她不会故意欺骗任何人
- It's more likely he does not love me. - He loves you. Do not give up.
- 看上去他好像真的不爱我了 - 他爱你,别放弃
Go to our aunt and uncle's in London,
去我们的在伦敦的舅舅家
Iet it be known you are there and I am sure he will come to you.
让他们都知道你在那 我敢肯定他会来看你的
Give my love to my sister and try not to be a burden, dear.
请将我的爱赐予我的姐姐 让爱不要成为负担,亲爱的
[Mr Bennet] Poor Jane.
可怜的吉英
Still, a girl likes to be crossed in love now and then.
然而,女孩子总是喜欢被爱
It gives her something to think of
这起码可以给她一些事情去思考
and a sort of distinction amongst her companions.
也可以使她觉得与其它同伴不同
- I'm sure that will cheer her up, Papa. - It's your turn now, Lizzie.
- 我相信那会令她振奋起来的,爸爸 - 现在轮到你了,伊丽莎白
You've turned down Collins.
你已经拒绝了柯林斯
You're free to go off and be jilted yourself.
你现在是自由身了 自己成了甩别人的小姐了
What about Mr Wickham?
韦翰先生怎么样?
He's a pleasant fellow and he'd do the job credibly.
他是一位不错的年轻人 而且他的性格十分踏实可靠
- Father... - And you have an affectionate mother
- 父亲... - 而且你有一个亲爱的母亲
who would make the most of it.
她一定会充分利用(韦翰先生)这个机会的
- Charlotte! - My dear Lizzie.
- 夏洛特! - 我亲爱的伊丽莎白
I've come her to tell you the news. Mr Collins and I are... engaged.
我是来告诉你一个重要的消息的 柯林斯先生和我...订婚了
- Engaged? - Yes.
- 订婚了? - 是的
- To be married? - What other kind of engaged is there?
- 为了结婚(的订婚)? - 除此之外,还会有其他的类型的订婚么?
For heaven's sake, Lizzie, don't look at me like that.
看在上天的份上, 伊丽莎白 别那样看着我
I should be as happy with him as any other.
与其他人没有分别,我与他在一起 同样会开心
- But he's ridiculous. - Oh, hush.
- 但是他的人十分荒谬 - 噢,不要这么说
Not all of us can afford to be romantic.
并不是我们所有的人都会拥有浪漫
I've been offered a comfortable home and protection.
我已经被赋予一个舒适安全的家
There's a lot to be thankful for.
已经有很多东西 我需要感激的了
I'm 27 years old. I've no money and no prospects.
我已经27岁了 我没有钱,我也没有了憧憬了
I'm already a burden to my parents.
对于父母来说,我已经是一个包袱了
And I'm frightened.
而且,我害怕了
So don't judge me, Lizzie. Don't you dare judge me.
所以,请不要对我做出评价,伊丽莎白 不要评价我
[Lizzie] Dear Charlotte, thank you for your letter.
亲爱的夏洛特 谢谢你的来信
I'm glad the house, furniture and roads are to your taste,
我为,你对你的房子,家具以及舍路的满意 感到高兴
and that Lady Catherine's behaviour is friendly and obliging.
还有那位凯瑟琳女士 友好和和蔼的行为感到高兴
What with your departure, Jane's to London
你离开后 吉英去了伦敦
and the militia to the North with the colourful Mr Wickham,
华美的韦翰先生随民兵团去了北方
I must confess, the view from where I sit has been rather grey.
我必须承认, 现在我眼前的景色 变得有点灰暗了
As for the favour you ask, it is no favour at all.
你问起的家里的好消息 家里并没有什么好消息
I would be happy to visit you at your earliest convenience.
一但你感到方便 我会非常高兴去探望你
[Collins] Welcome to our humble abode.
欢迎光临寒舍
My wife encourages me to spend time in the garden for my health.
为了我的健康,我的妻子鼓励我 花点时间在花园里面
I think our guest is tired after her journey.
我想我们的客人在旅途后已经感到疲惫了
I plan many improvements. I intend to throw out a bough and plant a lime walk.
我计划了很多改进的方案,我打算要去掉 一些大树桩然后在走道旁种上酸橙树
I flatter myself that any young lady would be happy
说句自不量力的话, 任何一个年轻女士都会为能成为一名
to be the mistress of such a house.
这座房子的主妇而感到高兴的
We shan't be disturbed here.
在这里,我们不会被打扰
This parlour is for my own particular use.
这间工作室是专门留给我一个人用的
Oh, Lizzie, it's such a pleasure to run my own home.
噢,伊丽莎白,能打理我自己的家 真是件高兴的事情
- [Collins] Charlotte, come here! - What's happened?
- 夏洛特,过来! - 发生什么事了?
Has the pig escaped again? Oh, it's Lady Catherine.
猪又跑了吗? 噢,是凯瑟琳夫人
Come and see, Lizzie.
过来看看,伊丽莎白
[Collins] Great news.
好消息
We received an invitation to Rosings from Lady Catherine.
凯瑟琳女士邀请我们去罗新斯花园
How wonderful!
实在太好了!
Do not make yourself uneasy about your apparel.
千万不要为你的衣着担心
Just put on the best you've brought.
穿上你带来的最好的衣服就行了
Lady Catherine's never been averse to the truly humble.
凯瑟琳夫人从来都不会嫌弃简陋
[Collins] One of the most extraordinary sights in all of Europe.
全欧洲最非凡的景色之一
The glazing alone
仅仅玻璃窗就要花费两万英镑
Come along. Come along.
跟着来,跟紧
[Lady Catherine] A little later we'll play cards.
晚点我们会玩扑克牌
Your Ladyship.
尊贵的夫人
Miss de Bourgh.
德·包尔小姐
- So, you are Elizabeth Bennet? - I am, your Ladyship.
- 那么,你是伊丽莎白·班纳特? - 是的,尊贵的夫人
This is my daughter.
这是我的女儿
- It's kind of you to ask us to dine.
- 感谢你邀请我们一同进餐 - 单这地毯就起码要300英镑
Mr Darcy.
达西先生
What are you doing here?
你在这里干什么?
Mr Darcy, I had no idea we had the honour.
达西先生 我不知道我原来有这个荣幸遇到你
- Miss Elizabeth, I'm a guest here. - You know my nephew?
- 伊丽莎白小姐,我是来这做客的 - 你认识我的侄子?
I had the pleasure of meeting your nephew in Hertfordshire.
是的,在赫特福德郡,我有幸遇见你的侄子
Colonel Fitzwilliam. How do you do?
费茨威廉上校,你好吗?
Mr Collins, you can't sit next to your wife. Move. Over there.
柯林斯先生,你不能坐在你妻子的旁边 移开,到那边去
Harvey, I wonder, could you get me the fish course...
哈维,我想 你能给我那以鱼作为主菜的...
I trust your family is in good health, Miss Elizabeth?
我相信你一家人身体都健康吧 伊丽莎白小姐?
They are, thank you.
是的,谢谢
My eldest sister is in London. Perhaps you saw her there.
我的大姐在伦敦 可能你在那里见过她了
I haven't been fortunate enough...
我还未有幸能...
Do you play the pianoforte, Miss Bennet?
你会弹钢琴吗 班纳特小姐?
- A little, ma'am, and very poorly. - Do you draw?
- 一点点,夫人,而且非常差劲 - 你会绘画吗?
No, not at all.
不,一点都不会
Your sisters, do they draw?
你的姐妹呢?她们会绘画吗?
Not one.
没有一个会
That's very strange.
这倒很稀奇
I suppose you had no opportunity.
我猜想你们是没机会学吧
Your mother should've taken you to town for the benefit of the masters.
你们的母亲应该带你们去城里面投名师才对
My mother wouldn't have minded, but my father hates town.
我母亲是不会反对 可是我父亲厌恶城里
- Has your governess left you? - We never had a governess.
- 你们的女家庭教师走了吗? - 我们从来就没有请过女家庭教师
No governess? Five daughters brought up at home without a governess?
没有女家庭教师?家里教养着五个姑娘 却不请个女教庭教师?
I never heard such a thing. Your mother must've been a slave to your education.
我从来都没有听说过这种事情,你母亲 简直是做奴隶似的教育你们
Not at all, Lady Catherine.
凯瑟琳夫人 事实并非那样
Your younger sisters, are they out in society?
你的妹妹们有没有哪一个已经 出来参加社交了?
- Yes, ma'am, all. - All?
- 有,太太,全都出来社交了 - 全部?
What, all five out at once? That's very odd.
什么,五个姐妹同时出来社交? 真奇怪
And you second. The younger ones out before the elders are married?
而你,排行第二,姐姐还没嫁人 妹妹就出来社交?
Your youngest sisters must be very young.
你的妹妹们一定还很小吧
Yes, my youngest is not 1 6.
是的,最小的还没到16岁
But it would be hard on younger sisters
如果年少的妹妹因为年长的姐姐
not to have their amusement because the elder is still unmarried.
没有结婚而不能进行社交活动
It would hardly encourage sisterly affection.
这一点都不会增进姐妹感情
Upon my word, you give your opinion very decidedly for so young a person.
真想不到,你这么小的一个人 倒有这样的主见
Pray, what is your age?
请问,你几岁啦?
With three younger sisters grown up, you can hardly expect me to own to it.
我已经有了三个成人的妹妹,你老人家 总不会再要我招出年纪来吧
Come, Miss Bennet, and play for us.
过来,班纳特小姐 为我们弹奏一曲
- No, I beg you. - For music is my delight.
- 不,我恳求你 - 音乐会使我高兴
In fact, there are few people in England
实际上 目前在英国,没有几个人能像我一样
who have more true enjoyment of music.
真正欣赏音乐
Or better natural taste.
也没有人比我趣味更高
If I had ever learnt, I should've been a great proficient.
要是学了音乐 一定会成为一个名家
So would Anne, if her health would've allowed her.
安娜要是身体好 也一定会成为一个名家的
I'm not afflicted with false modesty, when I say I play poorly...
我不是虚假的表达我的谦虚 当我说我差的时候...
Come, Lizzie, her Ladyship demands it.
过来,伊丽莎白,尊贵的夫人要求着
How does Georgiana get along, Darcy?
乔治安娜现在学的怎么样啦,达西?
- She plays very well. - I hope she practises.
- 她弹得非常好 - 我希望她有常练习
No excellence can be acquired without constant practice.
卓越的技能无一例外的需要持久的练习的
I've told Mrs Collins this.
我对柯林斯夫人说过这个
Though you have no instrument, you're welcome to come to Rosings
虽然你没有琴 我却十分欢迎你来罗新斯花园
and play on the pianoforte in the housekeeper's room.
在管家的房间里面弹钢琴
You'll be in nobody's way in that part of the house.
你在那里不会妨碍任何人
You mean to frighten me by coming in all your state to hear me.
你这样走过来听 莫不是想吓唬我?
But I won't be alarmed, even if your sister does play so well.
尽管你妹妹的确演奏得很好 我也不怕
I know that I cannot alarm you even should I wish it.
就算想吓唬你 我知道是没法如愿的
What was my friend like in Hertfordshire?
我的朋友在赫特福德郡表现的怎么样
You really care to know?
你真的想知道?
Prepare yourself for something very dreadful.
我先得请你不要害怕
The first time I saw him, he danced with nobody,
当我第一次见到他时 他不和任何人跳舞
though gentlemen were scarce
尽管男客很少
and there was more than one lady without a partner.
当时在场的女客中 没有舞伴而闲坐一旁的女客可不止一位
- I knew nobody beyond my own party. - Nobody can be introduced at a ball.
- 当时舞会上除了自己人,我谁都不认识 - 舞会里是不兴请人介绍女伴的
[Lady Catherine] Fitzwilliam, I need you.
费茨威廉,我需要你帮忙
I do not have the talent
我没有那种本领
of conversing easily with people I have never met before.
遇到向来不认识的人也能尽情谈笑
Perhaps you should take your aunt's advice and practise.
也许你应该听从你伯母的意见多练习
[Lizzie] Dear Jane...
亲爱的吉英...
Mr Darcy.
达西先生
Please, do be seated.
请,请坐
Mr and Mrs Collins have gone to the village.
柯林斯夫妇到村里去了
This is a charming house.
这是座迷人的房子
I believe my aunt did a great deal to it when Mr Collins first arrived.
我相信柯林斯先生初到这的时候 凯瑟琳夫人一定在这上面费了好大一番心思吧
I believe so.
我相信是她费了一番心思
She could not have bestowed her kindness on a more grateful subject.
她的好心并没有白费,因为天下再也找不出 一个比柯林斯先生更懂得感恩报德的人了
- Shall I call for some tea? - No, thank you.
- 需要为你叫一杯茶么? - 不用了,谢谢
Good day, Miss Elizabeth, it's been a pleasure.
祝你一天愉快,伊丽莎白小姐 能与你聊天是我的荣幸
What on earth have you done to poor Mr Darcy?
你对我们可怜的达西先生到底做了什么啊?
I have no idea.
我一点头绪都没有
[Collins] Every mind must have some counsellor
每个灵魂都需要安抚者
to whom it may apply for consolation in distress.
在悲痛中能安抚你
There are many conveniences which others can supply and we cannot procure.
还有其他很多便利是别人能给与 但是我们无法提供的
I have in view those objects
以我的观点看来那些便利
which are only to be obtained through intercourse...
是需要通过交流来获得的...
Forgive me, through the intercourse of friendship or civility.
请原谅, 从友谊和礼节上的交流
On such occasions, the proud man steps forth to meet you not with cordiality,
在那种情况下,骄傲的人主动与你接触 不是出于他的诚恳
but with the suspicion of one who reconnoitres an enemy...
而是出于一个像对敌人般的怀疑...
- How long do you plan to stay? - As long as Darcy chooses.
- 你打算住多久? - 达西住多久我就住多久
- I am at his disposal. - Everyone appears to be.
- 我得听他调遣 - 看起来每个人都是如此
I wonder he does not marry and secure a lasting convenience of that kind.
我不懂他为什么不还不结婚 结了婚不就是可以有个人一辈子听他摆布了吗?
- She would be a lucky woman. - Really?
- 能成为达西太太,是件幸运的事 - 真的么?
Darcy is a most loyal companion.
达西是一个对同伴最忠诚的人
He recently came to the rescue of one of his friends.
他最近才拯救了他的一个朋友
What happened?
发生了什么事?
He saved him from an imprudent marriage.
他把他的朋友从一门鲁莽的婚事中拯救出来
Who's the man?
那个人是谁?
His closest friend, Charles Bingley.
他最亲近的朋友,查尔斯·彬格莱
Did Mr Darcy give a reason for this interference?
达西先生有没有说 他为了什么理由要管人家闲事?
There were apparently strong objections to the lady.
那位小姐有些条件不大够格?
What kind of objections? Her lack of fortune?
什么条件? 不富裕?
I think it was her family that was considered unsuitable.
我想是她的家庭被认为是门不当户不对的?
- So he separated them? - I believe so. I know nothing else.
- 所以他就去拆散他们? - 我相信是的. 我只知道这么多了
Miss Elizabeth.
伊丽莎白小姐
I have struggled in vain and can bear it no longer.
我实在没有办法死捱活撑下去了
These past months have been a torment. I came to Rosings only to see you.
这几个月对于我来说是一种折磨 我来罗新斯只是为了见你
I have fought against judgement, my family's expectation,
我在与世俗的看法,与我家族的期望对抗
the inferiority of your birth, my rank.
与你的身世,与我的阶级对抗
I will put them aside and ask you to end my agony.
我要把他们统统抛开,让你终结我的痛苦
- I don't understand. - I love you.
- 我不明白你在说什么 - 我爱你
Most ardently.
最真挚的爱
Please do me the honour of accepting my hand.
请给与我荣幸,接受我的手吧
Sir, I appreciate the struggle you have been through,
先生,我感激你的挣扎
and I am very sorry to have caused you pain.
但我非常遗憾,给你的只有痛苦
It was unconsciously done.
这个决定是潜意思下的
- Is this your reply? - Yes, sir.
- 这就是你的回复? - 是的,先生
- Are you laughing at me? - No.
- 你是在嘲笑我吗? - 不
Are you rejecting me?
你是在拒绝我?
I'm sure the feelings which hindered your regard will help you overcome it.
我相信,你心中阶级的门槛会 帮助你克服痛苦
Might I ask why with so little civility I am thus repulsed?
我能否问你 为什么我竟会遭受如此无礼的拒绝?
I might enquire why you told me you liked me against your better judgement?
那么我能否问你,为什么你说喜欢我 是违背了你自己的判断力?
If I was uncivil, then that is some excuse.
要是我果真是无礼的 那么,这还不够作为我无礼的理由吗?
- But you know I have other reasons. - What reasons?
- 但你知道我还有别的理由 - 什么理由?
Do you think anything might tempt me to accept the man who has ruined
一个毁我最亲爱的姐姐幸福的人
the happiness of a most beloved sister?
怎么会打动我的心去爱他呢?
Do you deny that you separated a young couple who loved each other,
你能否认你拆散了一对相爱的恋人
exposing your friend to censure for caprice
让你的朋友被大家指责为朝三暮四
and my sister to derision for disappointed hopes,
让我的姐姐被大家嘲笑为奢望空想
involving them both in acute misery?
你叫他们俩受尽了痛苦?
- I do not deny it. - How could you do it?
- 我并没有否认这些 - 你怎么能做出这样的事情?
I believed your sister indifferent to him.
我认为你姐姐觉得他无关紧要
I realised his attachment was deeper than hers.
我觉得他的爱要比她更多
She's shy!
那是因为她害羞!
Bingley was persuaded she didn't feel strongly.
彬格莱被说服了,她的感觉并不强列
- You suggested it. - For his own good.
- 是你说的 - 我这样做是为了他好
My sister hardly shows her true feelings to me.
我姐姐几乎都不向我表露她真实的感觉
I suppose his fortune had some bearing?
我怀疑是因为他富有的关系?
I wouldn't do your sister the dishonour.
我无意使你姐姐难堪
- It was suggested... - What was?
- 这暗示着... - 什么?
It was clear an advantageous marriage...
这门婚事明显是为了谋取利益的...
- Did my sister give that impression? - No!
- 我姐姐给你那种印象? - 不!
- No. There was, however, your family... - Our want of connection?
- 不. 有, 然而,你的家人... - 我们对社交的渴求?
- No, it was more than that. - How, sir?
- 不,比那更甚 - 怎样更甚,先生?
The lack of propriety shown by your mother, younger sisters and your father.
你母亲,你妹妹们,你父亲 有失身份的表现
Forgive me. You and your sister I must exclude from this.
请原谅我,你和你的姐姐当然排除在外
And what about Mr Wickham?
那韦翰先生又怎样?
Mr Wickham?
韦翰先生?
What excuse can you give for your behaviour?
你对他的所作所为 又能给出什么借口?
- You take an eager interest. - He told me of his misfortunes.
- 你对他的确十分关心 - 他告诉了我他的不幸遭遇
- Oh, they have been great. - You ruin his chances
- 哦,他的确太不幸啦 - 你毁了他
yet treat him with sarcasm.
现在更讥讽他
So this is your opinion of me?
这就是你对我的看法?
Thank you. Perhaps these offences might have been overlooked
谢谢,只怪我老老实实地把我以前 一误再误、迟疑不决的原因说了出来
had not your pride been hurt by my scruples about our relationship.
所以伤害了你的自尊心,否则你也许 就不会计较我得罪你的这些地方了
I am to rejoice in the inferiority of your circumstances?
难道你指望我会为你 那些微贱的亲戚而欢欣鼓舞吗?
And those are the words of a gentleman.
这就是一个绅士的措辞?
Your arrogance and conceit, your selfish disdain for the feelings of others
你十足狂妄自大、自私自利、看不起别人
made me realise you were the last man in the world I could ever marry.
让我认识到,哪怕天下男人都死光了 我也不愿意嫁给你
Forgive me, madam, for taking up so much of your time.
原谅我,小姐 耽搁了你这么多的时间
I came to leave you this.
我是来给你这个的
I shall not renew the sentiments which were so disgusting to you.
我自然不会再提起令你极度厌恶的感情
But if I may, I will address the two offences you have laid against me.
但如果可以,我想把你对我的两个误会也说清楚
My father loved Mr Wickham as a son.
我父亲爱韦翰先生就像爱自己亲生儿子一样
He left him a generous living. But upon my father's death,
父亲留给他一个富裕的生活 但自从我父亲去世以后
Mr Wickham announced he had no intention of taking orders.
韦翰先生就声称他无意去受圣职
He demanded the value of the living, which he'd gambled away within weeks.
他把他的身家在数周内全部 挥霍豪赌,输光了
He then wrote, demanding more money, which I refused.
然后他就写信给我 需要更多的钱,我断然拒绝了他
After which, he severed all acquaintance.
从那以后 与他的联系就完全中断了
He came back to see us last summer, and declared passionate love for my sister,
去年的夏天,他回来找我们 突然告知对我妹妹的强烈爱慕
whom he tried to persuade to elope with him.
我妹妹竟被他打动了心 答应要跟他私奔
妹妹她将会继承三万英镑的遗产
When it was made clear he would never receive a penny of it, he disappeared.
但当遗嘱确认他将不会从中得到一个便士时 他马上就消失了
I will not attempt to convey the depth of Georgiana's despair.
我想,我不需要多费唇舌告诉你 当时的乔治安娜是有多失望了吧
She was 15 years old.
那年她才15岁啊
As to the other matter, of your sister and Mr Bingley,
至于另外一件事 关于你的姐姐和彬格莱先生
though the motives which governed me may appear insufficient,
虽然驱使我的理由也许不充分
they were in the service of a friend.
但那是我作为他的朋友的一种义务
Lizzie.
伊丽莎白
Are you all right?
你还好么?
I hardly know.
我自己也不知道
Lizzie. How fortunate you have arrived.
伊丽莎白,你现在能赶回来真是时候
Your aunt and uncle are here to deliver Jane from London.
你的舅舅和舅母把吉英从伦敦送回来了
- How is Jane? - She's in the drawing room.
- 吉英怎样了? - 她现在在绘画室里面
I'm quite over him. If he passed me in the street, I'd hardly notice.
我已经完全忘却他了,就算在街上和他擦肩而过 我也难以与他相认了
London is so diverting. It's true.
伦敦充满了各种各样有趣的事物,这是真的
There's so much to entertain.
那里有太多的娱乐了
What news from Kent?
在肯特郡,有什么消息啊?
Nothing.
没什么
At least not much to entertain.
起码没有什么可以让我消遣的
Lizzie, tell Mama!
伊丽莎白,告诉妈妈!
Stop making such a fuss.
不要再大题小作了
- Why didn't she ask me as well? - Because I'm better company.
- 为什么费斯托太太不让我去? - 因为我是个更好的同伴
- What's the matter? - I've just as much right.
- 怎么回事了? - 我更合适
Let's all go.
让我们都去吧
Lydia's been invited to Brighton with the Forsters.
丽迪雅被邀请去与费斯托家 一同去白利屯
Sea-bathing would set me up nicely.
在海中沐浴将会使我更加美丽
I shall dine with the officers every night.
我可以和军官们每晚一起共度晚餐
Papa, don't let her go.
爸爸,不要让她去
Lydia will never be easy until she's exposed herself in some public place.
丽迪雅非要到公共场所之类的地方去 出一出丑,是决不肯罢休的
And we could never expect her to do it with so little inconvenience.
她这次要去出丑,既不必花家里的钱 又用不着家里麻烦,真难得有这样的机会呢
If you do not check her,
如果爸爸你不制止她
she'll be fixed as the silliest flirt who ever made her family ridiculous.
她会被挂上愚蠢的卖俏者的花名 弄得我们全家都惹人笑话的
And Kitty will follow, as always.
吉蒂也会一如既往地跟随着
Lizzie, we shall have no peace until she goes.
伊丽莎白,如果丽迪雅不走 我们永无安宁的生活
Is that really all you care about?
原来这才是你关心的?
Colonel Forster is a sensible man.
费斯托上校是个有见识的人
He will keep her out of any real mischief.
他不会让她闯出什么祸事来的
And she's too poor to be an object of prey to anyone.
她太穷,谁也不会看中她
It's dangerous.
爸爸,但是这样做很危险
I am certain the officers will find women better worth their while.
我肯定军官们会找到更中意的对象
Let us hope, in fact, that her stay in Brighton
我们但愿她到了白利屯以后
will teach her her own insignificance.
能令她意识到自己的无足轻重
At any rate, she can hardly grow any worse.
无论怎样 她再坏也坏不到哪里去
If she does, we'd be obliged to lock her up for the rest of her life.
如果她变得更加差劲,我们有义务将 她一辈子关在家里
Lizzie, you're welcome to accompany us.
伊丽莎白,我们希望你能加入我们的旅程
The Peak District is not Brighton.
是去山区,不是白利屯
Officers are thin on the ground which may influence your decision.
陆军军官都挺消瘦的 这可能会改变你的决定
Come to the Peak District with us, Lizzie, and get some fresh air.
与我们一同去山区吧 伊丽莎白,去呼吸一下新鲜空气
The glories of nature. What are men compared to rocks and mountains?
大自然的风光,人怎么能与山石相比
Men are either eaten up with arrogance or stupidity.
男人只懂得什么叫做傲慢与愚蠢
If they are amiable, they have no minds of their own.
除非没大脑 不然他们不会老实敦厚
Take care, my love. That savours strongly of bitterness.
注意你的言语,我亲爱的 你这句话充满了苦涩的味道
I saw Mr Darcy when I was at Rosings.
在罗新斯的时候,我见到了达西先生
[Jane] Why did you not tell me?
你为什么不告诉我?
Did he mention Mr Bingley?
他提到了彬格莱先生吗?
No.
没有
[Lizzie] No, he did not.
他一点也没有
[Mr Gardiner] Oh, what are men compared to rocks and mountains?
噢,人怎能与山石相比?
[Mrs Gardiner] Or carriages that work?
或者马车与其相比?
[Lizzie] Where exactly are we?
我们现在确切地在那里?
[Mrs Gardiner] Quite close to Pemberley.
离彭布利很近了
- Mr Darcy's home? - That's the fellow.
- 达西先生的家? - 就是他
[Mr Gardiner] Very well-stocked lake. I've a hankering to see it.
真是一个富饶的湖区 我真的很想去看看
Oh, no, let's not.
噢,不要,我们不要去
Well, he's so...
那个,他比较...
I'd rather not, he's so... he's so...
我不打算去,因为他...他比较那个...
- So what? - So rich.
- 他怎么了? - 他太富有
By heavens, Lizzie, what a snob you are!
我的天,伊丽莎白 你真是一个势利的人啊!
Objecting to Mr Darcy because of his wealth. The poor man can't help it.
拒绝达西先生就因为他的富有 可怜的他一定难以接受
He won't be there anyway. These great men are never at home.
他不会在那里的了 这些人从来都不会呆在家里的
Keep up.
跟上
- Is your master much at home? - Not as much as I would wish.
- 您的主人在家的日子多吗? - 并没有我所期盼的那么多
[housekeeper] He dearly loves it here.
但他绝对喜欢这里
[Mrs Gardiner] If he should marry, you might see more of him.
要是你主人结婚了 你见到他的时候就会多些
[housekeeper] He's a lot like his father.
他与他父亲真的很像
[housekeeper] When my husband was ill, Mr Darcy couldn't do enough.
当我的丈夫病了的时候 达西先生都忙不过来
[housekeeper] He just organised the servants for me.
但他马上为我安排了仆人
This is he, Mr Darcy.
这就是他,达西先生
A handsome face.
英俊的面庞
Lizzie, is it a true likeness?
伊丽莎白,这像他么?
Does the young lady know Mr Darcy?
这位年轻的小姐原来跟达西先生相熟?
Only a little.
不太熟
Do you not think him a handsome man, miss?
你不觉得他是位英俊的少爷吗,小姐?
Yes.
是的,很英俊
Yes, I dare say he is.
是的,我敢说他是英俊的
This is his sister, Miss Georgiana.
这是他的妹妹,乔治安娜小姐
She sings and plays all day long.
她成天弹琴唱歌
Is she at home?
她现在在家么?
[piano plays]
Miss Elizabeth.
伊丽莎白小姐
- I thought you were in London. - No.
- 我以为你在伦敦 - 不
No, I'm not.
不,我不在伦敦
No.
不在
- We would not have come... - I came back a day early...
- 我们不会来的,要是知道... - 我提早一天回来了...
I'm with my aunt and uncle.
我与我的舅舅和舅母一起来的
And are you having a pleasant trip?
你们的旅途愉快么?
Very pleasant.
非常开心
- Tomorrow we go to Matlock. - Tomorrow?
- 我们明天就去马特洛克 - 明天?
- Are you staying at Lambton? - Yes, at the Rose and Crown.
- 你打算在浪博恩停留? - 是的,住在玫瑰花冠旅馆
Yes.
当然
I'm so sorry to intrude.
非常抱歉,闯入你的家
They said the house was open for visitors. I had no idea.
舅舅他们说这是对造访者开放的 我自己不清楚
- May I see you back to the village? - No.
- 我可以送你回村庄去吗? - 不用
- I'm very fond of walking. - Yes.
- 我非常喜欢徒步行走 - 是的
Yes, I know.
是的,我知道
Goodbye, Mr Darcy.
再见,达西先生
[man] This way, sir.
这边请,先生
Are you sure you wouldn't like to join us?
你确定不不打算加入我们?
We've just met Mr Darcy. You didn't tell us that you'd seen him.
我们刚才才见到达西先生 你没有告诉过我们你曾经见过他
He's asked us to dine with him tomorrow. He was very civil, was he not?
他邀请我们与他明天一同吃顿便饭 他是一个很有礼貌的人, 不是吗?
- Very civil. - Not at all how you'd painted him.
- 非常有礼貌 - 他一点都不像你描述的那样
To dine with him?
和他吃顿便饭?
There's something pleasant about his mouth when he speaks.
他说话的时候,你总能从他的语气中 感受到某种愉悦
You don't mind delaying our journey another day?
你不介意这样会延误我们的旅程吧?
He particularly wants you to meet his sister.
他特别点名要你去,见她的妹妹
His sister.
她的妹妹
Miss Elizabeth!
伊丽莎白小姐!
My sister, Miss Georgiana.
我的妹妹,乔治安娜
My brother has told me so much about you,
我哥哥给我讲很多关于你的事情
- I feel as if we are friends already. - Thank you.
- 我觉到我们俩就像老朋友一样了 - 谢谢
- What a beautiful pianoforte. - My brother gave it to me.
- 钢琴真漂亮 - 我哥哥给我的
- He shouldn't have. - I should have.
- 他不应该给我的 - 我当然应该
- Very well then. - Easily persuaded, is she not?
- 好吧 - 她真容易被说服,不是么?
He once had to put up with my playing.
有一次,你哥哥非常不幸的要整晚 听我演奏糟糕的钢琴
- He says you play so well. - Then he has perjured himself.
- 但他说你弹得非常好 - 那是他的自欺
- I said "quite well". - "Quite well" is not "very well".
- 我是说“挺好的” - 是“挺好的”,不是“非常好”
I'm satisfied.
这样我就满意了
- Mr Gardiner, are you fond of fishing? - Very much.
- 嘉丁纳先生,你喜欢钓鱼么? - 非常地喜欢
Would you accompany me to the lake this afternoon?
今天下午你有兴趣陪我 一起去湖边钓鱼么?
Its occupants have been left in peace too long.
湖边的居民已经离开 很长一段时间了
- I would be delighted. - Do you play duets, Miss Elizabeth?
- 我将会非常乐意 - 你会二重奏吗,伊丽莎白小姐?
- Only when forced. - Brother, you must force her.
- 只有在强迫的情况下才会 - 哥哥,你可得要强迫她
[Mr Gardiner] Splendid fishing, good company. What a capital fellow.
钓鱼棒极了,好的搭档 多么好的一个小子啊
[Mrs Gardiner] Thank you so much, Mr Darcy.
太感谢你了,达西先生
A letter for you, madam.
你的一封信,小姐
Oh, it's from Jane.
噢,是来自吉英的
It is the most dreadful news.
这真是可怕的消息
Lydia has run away...
丽迪雅逃走了...
...with Mr Wickham.
...和韦翰先生一起
They are gone to Lord knows where.
他们去了只有上帝才知道的地方
She has no money, no connections. I fear she is lost forever.
她没钱没势 我怕她会永远消失了
This is my fault.
这是我的错
If only I had exposed Wickham when I should.
我应该把韦翰先生的事情早讲出来好了
No, this is my fault.
不,这是我的错
I might have prevented all this by being open with my sisters.
如果我告诉我的妹妹 就可以阻止这一切的发生
[Mrs Gardiner] Has anything been done to recover her?
有人去寻找她了么?
My father has gone to London, but I know nothing can be done.
我父亲去了伦敦 但我认为一定毫无办法
We have not the smallest hope.
我们实在不敢存一线希望
Would I could help you.
希望我能帮助你
Sir, I think it is too late.
先生,我想这已经太迟了
This is grave indeed. I will leave you. Goodbye.
这真的令人伤心 我让你平静一下,告辞
[Mr Gardiner] We must go at once.
我们要马上启程
I will join Mr Bennet and find Lydia before she ruins the family.
在丽迪雅毁了家人以前 我会去找班纳特先生,和他一同寻找丽迪雅
[Mrs Bennet] Why did the Forsters let her out of their sight?
费斯托太太怎么竟放心让她 离开他们跟前呢?
I always said they were unfit to take charge of her.
我一直觉得他们不配照管她
- And now she is ruined. - You are all ruined.
- 现在,她已经被糟蹋了 - 你们的声名都被玷污了
Who will take you now with a fallen sister?
有这样一个堕落的妹妹 现在谁会要你们?
Poor Mr Bennet will now have to fight the perfidious Wickham
可怜的班纳特先生一定会和 背信弃义的韦翰拼个你死我活
and then be killed.
他一定会被韦翰活活打死
He hasn't found him yet, Mama.
爸爸还没有找到他,妈妈
Mr Collins will turn us out before he is cold.
他尸骨未寒,柯林斯先生就会把我们撵出去
Do not be so alarmed. Our uncle is in London helping in the search.
别那么惊慌,舅舅正在伦敦帮忙寻找着呢
Lydia must know what this must be doing to my nerves.
丽迪雅肯定知道这样做会令到我神经错乱
Such flutterings and spasms all over me!
我现在全身发抖,抽筋!
My baby Lydia, my baby!
我亲爱的宝贝丽迪雅, 我的小宝宝!
How could she do such a thing to her poor mama?
她怎么能对你可怜的妈妈做这种事情?
- You can't do that! - Don't be such a baby.
- 你不能这样做! - 别孩子气了
- Kitty, give it to me. - Who's it for?
- 吉蒂,给我 - 这是给谁的?
It's addressed to Papa.
地址上写的是给爸爸的
It's in Uncle's writing.
这是舅舅的笔迹
Papa, there's a letter.
爸爸,有一封信
- Let me catch my breath. - It's in Uncle's writing.
- 先让我喘口气 - 是舅舅的笔迹
- He's found them. - Are they married?
- 他找到他们了 - 他们结婚了么?
- I can't make out his script. - Give it to me.
- 我看不清他写什么 - 给我
Are they married?
他们结婚了么?
a year on her. That is his condition.
如果父亲每年给她一百英镑 他们就结婚,这是他的条件
- You will agree to this, Father? - Of course.
- 你会接受吗, 父亲? - 当然
God knows how much your uncle must've laid on that wretched man.
天知道你舅舅已经花了多少钱 在那个卑鄙的人身上
What do you mean?
你是什么意思?
No man would marry Lydia
没有人会因为仅仅每年一百磅的条件
under so slight
去娶丽迪雅的
Your uncle must've been very generous.
你舅舅肯定很慷慨(给了他很多钱)
Do you think it a large sum?
你说,总数会是一个大数目么?
Wickham's a fool if he
韦翰要是拿不到一万镑就答应娶丽迪雅 那他才是个大傻瓜呢
- Heaven forbid! - Father!
- 天地不容! - 父亲!
Lydia married and at 1 5 too!
丽迪雅结婚了,而且是在15岁!
Ring the bell, Kitty.
去拉铃叫希尔来,吉蒂
I must put on my things and tell Lady Lucas. Oh, to see her face.
我要穿好衣服去告诉卢卡斯女士这个消息 噢,去看看她的表情
Tell the servants they will have a bowl of punch.
告诉仆人们,他们将会有一大碗桃子
- We should thank our uncle. - So he should help.
- 我们应该去感谢舅舅 - 他应该帮忙的
He's far richer than us and has no children. Daughter married!
他比我们有钱得多,而且没有孩子 女儿出嫁咯!
Is that really all you think about?
那就是你关心的?
When you have five daughters, tell me what else will occupy your thoughts.
当你有五个女儿的时候 你再告诉我你的想法
Then perhaps you'll understand.
到了那时,可能你就理解了
You don't know what he's like.
你根本连他长什么样都不知道
- Lydia! - Oh, Mama!
- 丽迪雅! - 噢,妈妈!
We passed Sarah Sims in her carriage.
我们在马车上遇到莎拉·辛的房子
So I took off my glove so she might see the ring.
我就脱下手套,好让她看到我的戒指
Then I bowed and smiled like anything...
然后我弯腰大笑,就像...
I'm sure she was not half as radiant as you, my dear.
我相信她连你一半的风光都没有,我亲爱的
You must all go to Brighton.
谁叫她们不到白利屯去
That is the place to get husbands. I hope you have half my good luck.
里才那是个找丈夫的地方 但愿你们有我一半好运就好啦
Lydia.
丽迪雅
I want to hear every little detail, Lydia, dear.
我要知道每一细节,丽迪雅,亲爱的
I've been enlisted in a regiment in the North of England.
我在北英格兰被应征入伍
Glad to hear it.
那真好
Near Newcastle. We travel there next week.
在纽卡斯尔附近 我们下个星期就会去那里
- Can I come and stay with you? - That is out of the question.
- 我能和你们一起去么? - 问都不必问
[Lydia] Monday morning came and I was in such a fuss.
星期一我还是疯疯癫癫大题小作
I don't want to hear.
我不想听这些
[Lydia] There was my aunt preaching away as if reading a sermon.
舅母一直不住嘴地讲呀,说呀 好像是在传道似的
- She was horrid unpleasant. - Can't you understand why?
- 她极度不不高兴 - 你知道为什么吗?
But I didn't hear a word because I was thinking of my dear Wickham.
但我一个字都听不进因为我满脑子 都在惦记我亲爱的韦翰
I longed to know if he'd be married in his bluecoat.
我一心想要知道 他是不是穿着那件蓝制服去结婚
The North of England, I believe, boasts some spectacular scenery.
北英格兰,我相信那里会有很多壮观的景色的
So I thought, who is to be our best man if he doesn't come back?
所以我想,如果他不能回来 谁会是最佳的人选呢?
Lucky, he did, or I would've had to ask Mr Darcy.
幸好,他回来了 否则我会去找达西先生的
- Mr Darcy! - I forgot!
- 达西先生! - 我怎么完全忘了!
- But I shouldn't have said a word. - Mr Darcy was at your wedding?
- 这事我应该一字不提才对 - 达西先生在你的婚礼上?
He was the one that discovered us.
就是他找到我们的
He paid for the wedding, Wickham's commission, everything.
他给了婚礼的费用 和韦翰在军队的委托金等等
But he told me not to tell.
但是他告诉我要我保密
- Mr Darcy? - Stop it, Lizzie.
- 达西先生? - 不要这样, 伊丽莎白
Mr Darcy's not half as high and mighty as you sometimes.
有时,你比达西先生更加显得高傲
Kitty, have you seen my ring?
吉蒂,看过我的戒指了么?
Write to me often, my dear.
常常写信给我吧,好孩子
Married women never have much time for writing.
结了婚的女人是没有什么工夫写信的
I dare say you won't.
我相信你没有
When I married your father, there didn't seem to be enough hours in the day.
那时我嫁给你爸爸的时候,时间根本不够用
My sisters may write to me, for they'll have nothing else to do.
我的姐妹们倒可以写信给我的 反正她们无事可做
There's nothing so bad as parting with one's children.
同自己的孩子离别,真是再难受不过的事
One seems so forlorn without them.
他们走了,我好像失去了归宿
- Goodbye. - Goodbye, Lydia. Goodbye, Mr Wickham.
- 再见 - 再见,丽迪雅,再见,韦翰先生
Bye, Kitty. Bye, Papa.
- 再见,吉蒂 - 再见,爸爸
I can't imagine what your father does with all that ink.
真难想象你爸爸以后会怎样用掉 那么多的墨水
Mrs Bennet.
班纳特夫人
Did you hear the news, madam? Mr Bingley is returning to Netherfield.
你听到一些消息了么? 彬格莱先生回来尼日斐花园了
Mrs Nichols is ordering a haunch of pork. She expects him tomorrow.
尼可斯夫人订了猪肉 明天她打算招待他
Tomorrow?
明天?
Not that I care. Mr Bingley's nothing to us.
我关心的不是他 彬格莱对我们来说算不了什么
I'm sure I never want to see him again, no.
我永远都不想再见到他,再也不
We shan't mention a word about it. Is it quite certain he's coming?
我们不应该提起这个事情 他是不是确定回来?
Yes, madam. I believe he's alone. His sister remains in town.
是的,夫人,我相信他还是单身 他的妹妹还在城镇里
Why he thinks we should be interested, I've no idea. Come along, girls.
为什么他会认为我们有兴趣 我不知道,跟我来,孩子们
We better go home at once and tell Mr Bennet.
我们最好现在马上回家告诉班纳特老爷
The impudence of the man. I wonder he dare show his face.
真是厚颜无耻 我在想他有没有胆量现身
It's all right, Lizzie.
别这样,伊丽莎白
I'm just glad he's alone because we shall see less of him.
他还是单身我真高兴 因为这样我们就可以少点见到他
Not that I'm afraid of myself. But I dread other people's remarks.
我并不为自己担心 但我怕人们的风言风语
Oh, I'm sorry.
噢, 对不起
[humming]
He's here. He's here. He's at the door.
他到了,他到了,他就在门口
- Mr Bingley! - Mr Bingley?
- 彬格莱先生! - 彬格莱先生?
Oh, my goodness! Everybody behave naturally.
噢,我的天啊! 所有人都表现得自然点
And whatever you do, do not appear overbearing.
无论怎样 都不要太傲慢
There's someone with him. Mr Whatsisname, the pompous one.
还有一个人跟随他一同来 叫什么先生,一个自负的人
[Mrs Bennet] Mr Darcy? The insolence of it. What does he think of, coming here?
达西先生?这个傲慢的家伙 他在想什么,他来这里干什么?
Keep still, Jane. Mary, put that away at once. Find some useful employment.
不要紧张,吉英,曼丽,把它拿开 做点有用的事情,帮帮忙
Oh, my Lord, I shall have a seizure, I'm sure I shall.
噢,我的主啊,我要保持冷静,要主持好这里 我一定要
Kitty.
吉蒂
- We can't have this here. - Mary, the ribbons, the ribbons.
- 这个不能放在这里 - 曼丽,那些丝巾,丝巾
Mary, sit down at once. Mary!
曼丽,马上坐好,曼丽!
Mr Darcy and Mr Bingley, ma'am.
达西先生和彬格莱先生到,夫人
[Mrs Bennet] How glad we are to see you, Mr Bingley.
真高兴能见到你,彬格莱先生
There have been many changes since you went away.
自从你走了以后,这带发生了好多事情
Miss Lucas is married and settled. And one of my own daughters too.
卢卡斯小姐结婚后了,有了归宿了 我自己的一个女儿也出了嫁
You will have seen it in the papers,
你可能在报纸上看到了吧
though it was not put in as it ought to have been.
上面有消息,不过写得不成体统
Very short. Nothing about her family.
非常短,没有她家庭的介绍
Yes, I did hear of it. I offer my congratulations.
是的,我的确听说过 恭喜你们
But it is very hard to have my Lydia taken away from me.
然而丽迪雅离开我身边 我又觉得难受
Mr Wickham has been transferred to Newcastle, wherever that is.
韦翰被调去纽卡斯尔
Will you stay long in the country?
你会在乡村里呆很长的时间么?
Just a few weeks. For the shooting.
只是几个星期,是来打猎的
When you've killed all your own birds,
等你把你自己庄园里的鸟儿打完以后
I beg you will come here and shoot as many as you please.
请到班纳特老爷的庄园里来 你爱打多少就打多少
Mr Bennet will be vastly happy to oblige and will save the best coveys for you.
我相信他一定非常乐意让你来 而且会把最好的鹧鸪都留给你
Excellent.
太好了
- Are you well, Mr Darcy? - Quite well, thank you.
- 你好吗,达西先生? - 非常好,谢谢
I hope the weather stays fine for your sport.
我希望天气为你的捕猎保持晴朗
- I return to town tomorrow. - So soon?
- 我明天就回城了 - 这么快?
My Jane looks well, does she not?
我的吉英看起来不错吧,不是吗?
She does indeed.
她的确看起来很好
Well, we must be going, I think.
好了,我想我们要走了
Darcy. It's been very pleasant to see you all again.
达西,能再次见到你们,我们感到高兴
Miss Elizabeth. Miss Bennet.
伊丽莎白小姐,班纳特小姐
You must come again.
你一定要再来
Last winter, you promised to have a family dinner with us.
去年冬天,你答应要上我们这儿来吃顿便饭
I've not forgot, you see. At least three courses.
你要知道,我一直都这事放在心上 至少三道主菜呢
Excuse me.
请原谅
[Mrs Bennet] Most extraordinary.
非常特别
We were going to walk in and she was going to say, "Sit down."
我们当时走进去,然后她说,“请坐”
So, I feel...
所以,我觉得...
Oh, it's a disaster, isn't it?
噢,这真是一场灾难!
It's been...
这是...
- Miss Bennet. - Mr Bingley.
- 班纳特小姐 - 彬格莱先生
I'll just go in and I'll just say it.
我要直接走进去,然后说出来
Yes, exactly.
好,正是要这样
I'm glad that's over. Now we can meet as indifferent acquaintances.
我真为我和他之间结束了而高兴 现在我们两个相见就像毫不相关的两个人相见一样
Oh, yes.
哦,是哦
You cannot think me so weak as to be in danger now.
你可别以为我那么软弱 到现在还会招来什么危险
You are in great danger of making him as much in love with you as ever.
我看你有极大的危险 会叫他如痴如醉地爱你
- I'm sorry he came with Mr Darcy. - Don't say that.
- 真抱歉,他把达西先生也带来了 - 别那样说
Why ever not?
为什么?
Jane.
吉英
- I've been so blind. - What do you mean?
- 我一直以来都没有看到真相 - 你说的是什么意思?
[Kitty] Look, it's him. He's back. He's come again.
看,是他 他回来了,他又来了
I know this is all very untoward,
我知道这次一切都很突然
but I would like to request the privilege of speaking to Miss Bennet.
但我希望能有与班纳特小姐交谈的机会
Alone.
单独交谈
Everybody to the kitchen immediately.
所有人立即都去厨房
Except you, Jane, dear, of course.
当然除了你,吉英,我亲爱的
Oh, Mr Bingley, it's so good to see you again so soon.
噢,彬格莱先生 能如此快再见到你,真是太好了
First, I must tell you I've been the most unmitigated and comprehensive ass.
首先,我要告诉你 我是一个最愚昧无知的蠢货
Kitty, be quiet.
吉蒂, 安静点
Yes.
我答应你
A thousand times yes.
千千万万次答应你
Thank the Lord for that. I thought it would never happen.
感谢主啊 我以为这永远都不会发生
I am confident they will do well together.
我相信他们在一起会幸福的
Their tempers are much alike.
他们的性格很相似
They will be cheated assiduously by their servants.
他们那么好讲话 会被仆人们欺负的
And be so generous with the rest, they will always exceed their income.
他们都那么慷慨 到头来一定会入不敷出的
Exceed their income? He has 5,000 a year.
入不敷出? 他有伍千英镑一年
I knew she did not be so beautiful for nothing.
我一向认为她不会白白生得这样好看
[Mary] "...must be free from all insincerity.
“...要远离所有的违心
She only can address herself effectually to the feelings of others
她只能把她自己设身处地放在
whose mind glows with the warmth of sensibility
那些思想随着感觉的暖意而发亮
and whose arguments result from conviction.
那些从定罪中延伸出来的争辨的人上思考问题
She must feel the influence of those passions and emotions
她一定能感受到激情的变化
which she wishes to inspire..."
为她带来的启发...”
Can you die of happiness?
你会因为太幸福而死去吗?
He was ignorant of my being in town in the spring.
他说今年春天完全不知道我也在城里
- How did he account for it? - He thought me indifferent.
- 他有没有说明是什么缘故? - 他以为我不爱他
- Unfathomable. - No doubt poisoned by his sister.
- 好深不可测啊 - 一定是她妹妹说我坏话的
Bravo. That's the most unforgiving speech you've ever made.
精彩!我生平只听到你讲 这一句气量小的话
Oh, Lizzie, if I could but see you so happy.
噢,伊丽莎白,但愿你也会同样的幸福!
If there was such a man for you.
但愿你也能找到这一个人!
Perhaps Mr Collins has a cousin.
也许柯林斯会有个弟弟或者哥哥的
[horses]
- What is that? - What?
- 那是什么声音? - 什么?
- [knocking] - Maybe he's changed his mind.
也许他改变了主意
Coming!
来啦!
Yes.
是哪位?
Lady Catherine.
凯瑟琳夫人
The rest of your offspring, I presume?
这些都是你的孩子们,我想?
All but one. The youngest has been lately married, your Ladyship.
还有一个不在,最小的女儿最近出嫁了
My eldest was proposed to only this afternoon.
大女儿下午刚刚订婚
- You have a very small garden. - Could I offer you a cup of tea?
- 你们这儿还有个小花园呢 - 我可以为你准备一杯茶么?
Absolutely not. I need to speak to Miss Elizabeth Bennet alone.
当然不需要,我只要 和伊丽莎白·班纳特单独交谈一会
As a matter of urgency.
有件要紧的事情
You can be at no loss to understand why I am here.
我这次上这儿来 你一定知道我是为了什么原因
I cannot account for this honour at all.
我完全不明白你这次怎么这样看得起我们 会到这种地方来
I warn you, I am not to be trifled with.
我警告你,我是决不肯 让人家来跟我开玩笑的
A most alarming report has reached me.
我听到一个极其惊人的消息
That you intend to be united with my nephew, Mr Darcy.
你快要攀上我的侄儿,达西先生
I know this to be a falsehood. Though not wishing to injure him
虽然我明知这是无稽之谈 虽然我不会那样看不起他,相信他真会
by supposing it possible, I instantly set off to make my sentiments known.
有这种事情,我还是当机立断 决定上这来一次,把我的意思说给你听
If you believed it impossible, I wonder that you came so far.
我真奇怪,你既然认为不会有这种事情 何必跑到这么远的地方来?
To hear it contradicted.
我是想亲耳听到这则消息是假的
Your coming will be a confirmation if such a report exists.
如果外界真有这种流言 那么你赶到这反而会弄假成真
If? You pretend to be ignorant of it?
如果?你假扮并无此事?
Has it not been industriously circulated by yourself?
这不全是你自己拼命传出去的吗?
I have never heard of it.
我从来没有听见过
Can you declare there is no foundation for it?
你能保证这次是空穴来风?
I do not pretend to possess equal frankness with your Ladyship.
我并不冒充我也向你老人家一样坦白
You may ask a question which I may choose not to answer.
你作为贵妇人可以向我问问题,但同时 我也有权利选择回答或者不回答
Has my nephew made you an offer of marriage?
我的侄子究竟向你求过婚没有?
Your Ladyship has declared it to be impossible.
你老人家自己刚刚还说过 绝对不会有这种事情
Mr Darcy is engaged to my daughter. Now what have you to say?
达西先生早跟我的女儿订过婚了 好吧,你还有什么话要说?
If that is the case, you cannot suppose he would make an offer to me.
如果他当真如此,那你就没有理由 认为他会向我求婚
Selfish girl. This union has been planned since their infancy.
你真是自私,这门婚事从他们 小时候就已经定下来了
Do you think it can be prevented by a woman of inferior birth
但忽然冒出来了个出身卑贱 门户低微的小妮子从中作梗?
whose own sister's elopement resulted in a scandalously patched-up marriage
何况你的妹妹与人私奔的结果是 一门令人感到可耻的,破碎的婚事
only achieved at the expense of your uncle.
还要用舅舅的钱来支付婚事费用
Heaven and Earth! Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?
我的上帝啊!难道我们彭布利已经 被你们这些人玷污了么?
Tell me once and for all, are you engaged to him?
爽爽快快告诉我 你究竟跟她订婚了没有?
I am not.
没有
Will you promise never to enter into such an engagement?
你愿意答应我,永远不跟他订婚吗?
I will not and I certainly never shall.
我不能答应这种事
You have insulted me in every possible way
你把我侮辱得够了
and can now have nothing further to say.
我不想再讲了
I must ask you to leave immediately.
你现在马上给我离开
Goodnight.
晚安
I have never been thus treated in my entire life!
我一辈子都没有被这样对待过!
- [Mr Bennet] What is going on? - Just a small misunderstanding.
- 发生什么事情了? - 只是个很小的误解
[Lizzie] For once in your life, leave me alone!
求求你们 让我一个人静一下!
- I couldn't sleep. - Nor l. My aunt...
- 我睡不着 - 我也是,我伯母...
Yes, she was here.
是的,她昨晚来过
How can I ever make amends for such behaviour?
我真希望我可以为 昨晚的事情做出补偿?
After what you've done for Lydia
经过丽迪雅的事情后
and, I suspect, for Jane, it is I who should be making amends.
还有吉英的事情,我想 应该是我来做出补偿
You must know. Surely you must know it was all for you.
你必须知道 你一定要知道,这一切都是为了你所做的
You are too generous to trifle with me.
你是个爽快的人,绝不会开我的玩笑
You spoke with my aunt last night and it has taught me to hope
昨做你与我伯母的谈话 倒让我觉得事情有了希望
as I'd scarcely allowed myself before.
以前我几乎不敢奢望
If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once.
请你老实告诉我,你的心情是否还和 四月里一样
My affections and wishes have not changed.
我的心愿和情感依然如旧
But one word from you will silence me for ever.
只要你说一句话 我便再也不提这桩事
If, however, your feelings have changed...
如果 你的感觉改变的话...
...I would have to tell you,
...我想告诉你
you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love...
你把我的躯体和灵魂都占据了 我爱...
I love... I love you.
我爱...我爱你
I never wish to be parted from you from this day on.
从今天起我不想与你分开
Well, then.
Your hands are cold.
你的手好冷
[Mr Bennet] Shut the door, please.
请关门
Lizzie, are you out of your senses? I thought you hated the man.
你疯了吗? 我以为你恨那个人
- No, Papa. - He is rich, to be sure.
- 不,爸爸 - 他当然有的是钱,那是肯定的
And you will have more fine carriages than Jane.
可以使你比吉英的马车更华丽
But will that make you happy?
难道这就会使你幸福吗?
Have you no other objection than your belief in my indifference?
你认为我对他并没有感情 除此以外,你还有别的反对意见吗?
None at all.
一点没有
We all know him to be a proud, unpleasant sort of fellow.
我们都知道他是傲慢而不易亲近的人
But this would be nothing if you liked him.
不过,只要你真正喜欢他 这也无关紧要
I do like him.
我真的喜欢他
I love him.
我爱他
He's not proud. I was wrong. I was entirely wrong about him.
他不傲慢. 我是错的 我以前对他的看法是完全错的
You don't know him, Papa. If I told you what he was really like,
你不了解他,爸爸 如果我告诉你他真正的一面
what he's done...
他做的事情...
What has he done?
他做了什么?
[Mrs Bennet] But she doesn't like him. I thought she didn't like him.
但她不喜欢他 我以为她不喜欢他
[Jane] So did l. So did we all.
我也是这样想,我们以前都这样认为的
[Jane] We must have been wrong.
我们都错了
- It won't be the first time, will it? - No, nor the last, I dare say.
- 这也不是第一次吧? - 不,我敢说,也不会是最后一次
Good Lord.
我的天
- I must pay him back. - No.
- 我必须要偿还他 - 不
You mustn't tell anyone. He wouldn't want it.
你不能告诉其他人 他不希望那样
We misjudged him, Papa. Me more than anyone. In every way.
我们误解他了,爸爸 我对他的误解比你们都深,都深
Not just in this matter.
并不只是这件事
I've been nonsensical.
我真是愚昧无知啊
But he's been a fool about Jane, about so many other things.
但在吉英的事情上,他就像个蠢蛋一样 对很多事都是这样
But then, so have l.
但是,我也是一样
You see, he and I are...
你知道的,他和我...
He and I are so similar.
他和我挺像的
We're both so stubborn.
我们两个的性格都很固执
Papa, l...
爸爸,我...
You really do love him, don't you?
你真的是很爱他,不是吗?
Very much.
非常爱他
I cannot believe that anyone can deserve you.
我真不敢相信有人会配得上你
But it seems I am overruled.
现在看起来,是我看错了
So I heartily give my consent.
我衷心地祝福你们
I could not have parted with you, my Lizzie, to anyone less worthy.
我是不想把你随便嫁给别人,我的伊丽莎白
Thank you.
谢谢你
If any young men come for Mary or Kitty, for heaven's sake, send them in.
如果有其他年轻的小伙子来找曼丽或者吉蒂 看在老天的份上,让他们进来吧
I'm quite at my leisure.
我现在的生活可真是清闲
How are you this evening, my dear?
你这个晚上过得怎样?亲爱的?
Very well.
非常好
-Only I wish you would not call me "my dear". -Why?
-只是希望你别再叫我“亲爱的”了 -为什么?
Because it's what my father always calls my mother when he's cross about something.
因为只有我父亲生气时 才会如此称呼我母亲
What endearments am I allowed?
那我该怎样称呼你呢?
Well let me think...
哦,让我想想看
"Lizzie" for everyday
平日就叫我“丽西”
"My Pearl" for Sundays
星期天就叫我作“我的珍珠”
and...
另外…
"Goddess Divine", but only on very special occasions.
可以叫我“女神” 但只限于在非常特别的情况下
And...what should I call you when I am cross?
那么,我生气时…该怎么叫你呢?
"Mrs. Darcy"?
达西夫人?
No! No.
不…不
You may only call me "Mrs. Darcy"...
你只许在以下的情况下叫我“达西夫人”
when you are completely, and perfectly, and incandescently happy.
就是在你感到非常快乐,非常幸福时
Then how are you this evening... Mrs. Darcy?
那你今晚过得怎么样?
Mrs. Darcy
达西夫人?
Mrs. Darcy
达西夫人
Mrs. Darcy
达西夫人
Mrs. Darcy
达西夫人
Mrs. Darcy
达西夫人