美食总动员 Ratatouille

上映日期: 2,007

语言: 英语 / 法语

影片类型: 喜剧 / 动画 / 奇幻

导演: 布拉德·伯德 / 简·皮克瓦

演员: 帕顿·奥斯瓦尔特 / 伊安·霍姆 / 卢·罗曼诺 / 布莱恩·丹内利 / 彼得·孙 / 彼得·奥图尔 / 布拉德·加内特 / 詹妮安·加罗法洛 / 威尔·阿奈特 / 詹姆斯·瑞马尔 / 约翰·拉岑贝格


台词
字幕转制|天外生物感谢原字幕制作者
Although each of the world's countries
尽管世界各国
would like to dispute this fact,
想争论一个事实
we French know the truth:
但我们法国人知道什么是真的
The best food in the world is made in France.
世上最好的是法国菜
The best food in France is made in Paris.
法国最好的菜在巴黎
And the best food in Paris, some say, is made by Chef Auguste Gusteau.
有人说巴黎最好的厨师是古斯特
Gusteau's restaurant is the toast of Paris,
古斯特餐厅是巴黎的骄傲
booked five months in advance.
座位得提前五个月预定
And his dazzling ascent to the top of fine French cuisine
注定会被法国美食杂志评为第一
has made his competitors envious.
这也使其竞争对手眼红不已
He is the youngest chef ever to achieve a five-star rating.
他是有史以来拿到五星评价最年轻的大厨
Chef Gusteau's cookbook, Anyone Can Cook!
古斯特的食谱《人人都能当厨师》
Climbed to the top of the bestseller list.
也爬上了畅销书排行榜第一名
But not everyone celebrates its success.
但不是每个人都乐见他的成功
Amusing title, Anyone Can Cook!
令人发噱的书名《人人都能当厨师》
What's even more amusing is that Gusteau actually seems to believe it.
更滑稽的是,他似乎也相信这一点
I, on the other hand, take cooking seriously.
而我却把烹饪认真地当回事儿
And, no, I don't think anyone can do it.
不…我不认为每个人都会做菜
美食总动员
This is me.
这就是我
I think it's apparent I need to rethink my life a little bit.
我显然需要重新思考一下我的生活
What's my problem?
我的问题是什么呢?
First of all, I'm a rat.
首先,我是只老鼠
Which means life is hard.
嗯!这表示生活不容易啊!
And second, I have a highly developed sense of taste and smell.
第二、我有非常发达的味觉和嗅觉
Flour, eggs, sugar, vanilla bean...
面粉,鸡蛋,糖,嗯…香草
Oh! Small twist of lemon.
哦…还有点儿柠檬味
Whoa, you can smell all that? You have a gift.
哇…你都能闻得出来?你真有才!
This is Emile, my brother. He's easily impressed.
这是我哥哥艾米,两三下就能让他信服
So you can smell ingredients? So what?
哼…你能闻出各种配料,又怎样
This is my dad. He's never impressed.
这是我爸,他一向见怪不怪
He also happens to be the leader of our clan.
刚好他也是我们族群的领袖呢
So, what's wrong with having highly developed senses?
灵敏的感官会有什么问题呢?
- Whoa, whoa, whoa! Don't eat that! - What's going on here?
- 哇,哇,别吃那个 - 我…我怎么了我?
Turns out that funny smell was rat poison.
原来那奇怪的气味是老鼠药耶
Suddenly, Dad didn't think my talent was useless.
突然间我爸不再认为我的天赋没有用了
I was feeling pretty good about my gift,
本来我对自己的天赋还蛮得意
until Dad gave me a job.
直到我爸派给我一个工作
Clean.
安全
Clean.
安全
That's right. Poison checker.
你猜对啦,毒药检查员
Cleanerific.
安全极了
Cleanerino.
非常安全
Close to godliness.
近乎纯净
Which means clean. You know, cleanliness is close to...
意思是安全,你知道因为纯净就没有……
Never mind. Move on.
算了,去吧
Well, it made my dad proud.
起码这让我爸感到骄傲呢
Now, don't you feel better, Remy? You've helped a noble cause.
你难道不觉得很好吗,雷米?你所做的事情很伟大
Noble? We're thieves, Dad.
伟大?我们是小偷耶!爸!
And what we're stealing is, let's face it, garbage.
而且我们偷的是…老实说吧!垃圾
It isn't stealing if no one wants it.
没有人要的东西就不算偷
If no one wants it, why are we stealing it?
别人都不要,我们干嘛还要去偷?
Let's just say we have different points of view.
简单说吧,我们的观点不同
This much I knew:
起码我知道…
If you are what you eat, then I only want to eat the good stuff.
如果你挑嘴,那就该只吃好东西
But to my dad...
但对我爸来说
Food is fuel.
食物就像燃料
You get picky about what you put in the tank, your engine is gonna die.
你如果挑三拣四,引擎没油,就动不了啦
Now shut up and eat your garbage.
别说了,吃你的垃圾吧
Look, if we're going to be thieves,
爸,既然我们要当小偷
why not steal the good stuff in the kitchen,
为何不去偷厨房里的好东西?
where nothing is poisoned?
那些没有毒的食物?
First of all, we are not thieves.
第一点,我们不是什么小偷
Secondly, stay out of the kitchen and away from the humans.
第二点,别靠近厨房,也别靠近人类
It's dangerous.
会有危险
I know I'm supposed to hate humans,
我知道我该恨人类才对
but there's something about them.
可是他们有某种能耐
They don't just survive. They discover, they create.
他们与众不同,他们会发明,他们会创造
I mean, just look at what they do with food.
看他们怎样烹调食物你就知道啦
How can I describe it?
我该怎么说呢…
Good food is like music you can taste, color you can smell.
美食就像是音乐…尝得到,也像色彩…闻得到
There is excellence all around you.
周遭全是好东西
You need only be aware to stop and savor it.
只要你驻足去品味
Oh, Gusteau was right.
古斯特说得对
Oh, amazing.
哦…太神奇了
Each flavor was totally unique.
每种口味都独一无二
But combine one flavor with another,
但把两种口味混合
and something new was created.
一种新的口味就诞生啦
So now I had a secret life.
所以现在我的生活有了不为人知的一面
The only one who knew about it was Emile.
唯一知道的人是艾米
Hey, Emile. Emile.
艾米,艾米
I found a mushroom.
我找到了一个香菇
Come on, you're good at hiding food. Help me find a good place to put this.
快呀…你最会藏食物,帮我找个好地方藏起来
He doesn't understand me, but I can be myself around him.
他不懂我在干嘛,但在他面前,我不用避讳什么
Why are you walking like that?
呃…你怎么那样走路?
I don't want to constantly have to wash my paws.
我们不是随时随地都能洗脚的
Did you ever think about how we walk on the same paws
用在地上爬的脚
that we handle food with?
再把吃的东西放进嘴巴里?
You ever think about what we put into our mouths?
你有没有想过我们吃进多少细菌?
All the time.
随时都在想?
When I eat, I don't want to taste everywhere my paws have been.
我吃的东西不希望里面有臭脚丫的味道
Well, go ahead.
好吧,随你
But if Dad sees you walking like that, he's not going to like it.
但如果老爸看到你那样走路,他会生气的
What have you got there?
你那里面有些什么东西?
You found cheese?
你找到了奶酪?
And not just any cheese. Tomme de chevre de pays!
而且不是普通的奶酪,是上等法国羊奶酪
That would go beautifully with my mushroom.
跟我的香菇简直是绝配
And...
嗯!还有…还有还有嗯
This rosemary! This rosemary
哦!这迷迭香
with maybe with a few drops from this sweet grass.
再加上…也许…也许…几滴甜草汁
Well, throw it on the pile, I guess, and then we'll... You know...
那…放在一起吧,然后…
We don't want to throw this in with the garbage. This is special.
哪能和垃圾放在一起,这非常特别
But we're supposed to return to the colony
但我们该在天黑前回窝去
before sundown or, you know, Dad's gonna...
不然老爸会…
Emile!
艾米!
There are possibilities unexplored here.
这里有好多新鲜的事等着我们
We got to cook this.
我们要创造新口味
Now, exactly how we cook this is the real question...
可是要怎么煮这才是问题所在…
Yeah.
唔…有了!
The key is to keep turning it.
重点在于要不断地翻烤
Get the smoky flavor nice and even.
烟熏要均匀够味才行
That storm's getting closer.
暴风雨快来了
Hey, Remy, you think that maybe we shouldn't be so...
雷米,你不觉得我们太靠近…
Oh...
噢…
Uh...
呃…
Um.
嗯…
You got to taste this!
你得尝尝
This is... It's got this kind of... It's burny, melty...
这加热后有点微焦的风味
It's not really a smoky taste. It's a certain... It's kind of like a...
不全像烟薰味,有点…似乎…像…
lt's got, like, this "ba-boom, zap" kind of taste. Don't you think?
像是“碰…轰…”的味道,你说呢?
- What would you call that flavor? - Lightning-y?
- 你说这叫什么味道? - 雷烘…电烤味?
Yeah. It's lightning-y! We got to do that again.
对,就是雷烘电烤味,我们得再试一次
Okay, when the next storm comes, we'll go up on the roof...
下次暴风雨来时,我们再爬到屋顶上
I know what this needs! Saffron! A little saffron would make this!
我知道还要加什么,再加一点藏红花粉调味更棒
Saffron. Why do I get the feeling
藏红花粉…好像哪里见过
- it's in the kitchen? - It's in the kitchen.
- 厨房里有? - 厨房里有!
- Saffron. - Not good.
- 藏红花粉 - 不太妙…
Saffron.
藏红花粉
Don't like it. She's gonna wake up.
我觉得不妙,她快醒了
I've been down here a million times.
我来这里几百回了
She turns on the cooking channel, boom, she never wakes up.
每次她开电视看烹饪台,砰一声,倒头就睡了
You've been here a million times?
你常来这里!?
I'm telling you, saffron will be just the thing. Gusteau swears by it.
跟你说,绝对是藏红花粉,古斯特最爱的调味料
Okay. Who's Gusteau?
那…到底谁是古斯特?
Just the greatest chef in the world. Wrote this cookbook.
世上最伟大的厨师,这本食谱就是他写的
Wait. You read?
等等…你认识字(会看书)?
- Well, Not excessively. - Oh, man. Does Dad know?
- 呃…也不是太常看书啦 - 哇…天啊…老爸知道吗?
You could fill a book, a lot of books, with things Dad doesn't know.
哼…老爸不知道的事儿都可以写一本…不,好多本书了
And they have, which is why I read. Which is also our secret.
正因为他们无知,所以我得自己学,这可是咱们俩儿的秘密哦
I don't like secrets.
我不喜欢秘密
All this cooking and reading and TV-watching
你…烧菜,读…读书,看…看电视
while we read and cook.
我却跟你在一起
It's like you're involving me in crime, and I let you.
就好像你在做坏事,还拉我当从犯,我居然没阻止你
Why do I let you?
我为什么没!?
What's taking those kids so long?
孩子们这么久还没回来?
Ah, I'Aquila saffron. Italian. Huh?
哇…意大利产的藏红花粉
Gusteau says it's excellent. Good thing the old lady is a food love...
古斯特说这香料很棒,幸亏这老太婆也爱烧菜…
Forget mystique. This is about your cooking.
别畏首畏尾的,这是在做菜呐
Hey! That's Gusteau. Emile, look.
哇…是古斯特,快看
Great cooking is not for the faint of heart.
胆小的人做不出精湛的美食
You must be imaginative, strong hearted.
你必须胆大心细,富有想像力
You must try things that may not work.
不怕失败,勇于尝试
And you must not let anyone define your limits
也不要因为出身低
because of where you come from.
就让别人限制了你发展的机会
Your only limit is your soul.
你的成败在于你的心
What I say is true. Anyone can cook. But only the fearless can be great.
虽然我说过,人人都能当厨师,不过只有勇敢的人,才能成功
Pure poetry.
太有诗意了
But it was not to last.
…好景不常
Gusteau's restaurant lost one of its five stars
被法国顶尖食评家安唐?伊果批评后
after a scathing review by France's top food critic, Anton Ego.
古斯特餐厅被降为四星级
It was a severe blow to Gusteau,
这给古斯特一次沉重的打击
and the brokenearted chef died shortly afterwards,
心碎的古斯特不久便过世了
which, according to tradition, meant the loss of another star.
照惯例,失了主厨,又会降一级
Gusteau is dead?
古斯特死了?
Run!
快跑
No, you'll lead her to the colony!
别往老巢的方向跑
- Help, Remy, help! - Emile! Start swinging the light!
- 救命!雷米!救我! - 艾米,赶快摇晃
Try to grab you.
荡过来,我抓住你
Emile, swing to me.
艾米,朝我荡过来
Evacuate! Everyone, to the boats.
撤!大家快去船上
- Let me through! - The book.
- 让路!让路! - 糟糕…食谱!
Excuse me. Move, move.
对不起,让让
Go, go, go, go. Move, move, move.
快…快…快…
Get the bridge up! Move it, move it!
搭桥…快…快…
Hey, Johnny! Hurry!
约翰,快呀
Push off. Come on.
推船,快
Get hold!
抓紧!
- Take the baby. Here! - Give me your paw.
- 快救我的宝宝 - 把手伸给我
Hey, wait for me!
喂…等我
Is everybody here? Do we have everybody?
大家都到了吗?齐了吗?
- Wait a minute. Where's Remy? - Right here. I'm coming.
- 等等,雷米在哪儿? - 这,我就来
I'm coming!
在这,我来了,我来了!
Hold on, Son. Give him something to grab on to.
撑住儿子,拿东西让他抓住
Come on, boy. Paddle, Son.
快,孩子,快划
Come on. Reach for it.
快抓住呀
You can do it.
你一定能
- Remy! - Dad!
- 雷米! - 老爸!
Come on. You can make it. You can make it.
快呀,你一定能赶上
Guys, wait. Stop!
大家伙儿,等我,停停!
Remy. Come on. Paddle.
雷米,快,快划呀
Hold on! Wait for me. Hold on.
等等,等我一下
Dad?
爸?
Dad?
爸?
Which way?
哪边?
I waited
我一直等
for a sound,
一点动静
a voice,
一点声音
a sign,
一个讯号
something.
任何动静
lf you are hungry, go up and look around, Remy.
雷米,如果你饿了,就上去转转吧
Why do you wait and mope?
干嘛在这里闷等?
Well, I've just lost my family, all my friends,
呃…我刚失散了家人和所有的朋友
probably forever.
可能永远失去
- How do you know? - Well, I...
- 你怎么知道? - 这,我…
You are an illustration. Why am I talking to you?
你只是幅插图,我干嘛跟你说话?
Well, you just lost your family, all your friends. You are lonely.
嗯,你刚失去家人朋友,你很孤独
Yeah. Well, you're dead.
又怎样?哼…你还死了呐
Ah, but that is no match for wishful thinking.
呵…怨天尤人,不如向前看
If you focus on what you've left behind,
如果你总是回头伤往事
you'll never be able to see what lies ahead.
就看不到前途的光明
Now go up and look around.
现在上去瞧瞧吧
Oh!
哇…
Champagne!
香槟!
What are you doing?
你在干嘛?
I'm hungry.
我饿了
I don't know where I am,
我不知道我在哪儿
and I don't know when I'll find food again.
也不知道还能不能再找到食物
Remy, you are better than that. You are a cook.
雷米,你不该做这种事,你是个厨师
A cook makes. A thief takes. You are not a thief.
厨师做菜给人吃,小偷偷别人东西吃,你不是小偷
But I am hungry.
但我饿了呀
Food will come, Remy.
到时候自然有东西吃,雷米
Food always comes to those who love to cook.
喜欢厨艺的人,不会缺吃的啦
- You think I am playing? - You don't have the guts.
- 你以为我玩假的? - 谁怕谁呀
Paris?
巴黎?
All this time I've been underneath Paris?
原来我一直都在巴黎的地下?
Wow.
哇…
It's beautiful.
太美了
The most beautiful.
最美的
Gusteau's? Your restaurant?
古斯特餐厅?你的餐厅?
You've led me to your restaurant.
你带我来你的餐厅
It seems as though I have. Yes. There it is! I have led you to it!
嗯,似乎没错,就在这儿,我带你来了!
I got to see this.
我得亲眼看看
- Ready to go on table seven. - Coming around.
- 第七桌,上菜咯 - 就来
- One order of steamed pike up. - Coming up.
- 再一客清蒸梭鱼 - 马上好
I need more soup bowls, please.
再来几碗汤,快!
I need two rack of lamb. I need more leeks.
我要两板羊排,还要更多青蒜
I need two salmon, three salade composee, and three filet.
我要两道鲑鱼,三客什锦沙拉,三份牛排
Three orders of salade composee working.
三盘什锦沙拉,马上好
Firing two orders, seared salmon.
两份干煎鲑鱼,马上好
Three filet working. I need plates.
三块牛排快好了,我要盘子
Fire seven. Three salade composee up.
七桌的三份什锦沙拉好了
Don't mess with my mise!
别搞砸了我的菜!
Open down low.
小火
I'm getting buried here.
我忙不过来啦
Hello, Chef Skinner. How your night be now?
嗨,史大厨,晚上好
- Bonjour, chef. - Hello, Chef Skinner.
- 你好,大厨 - 嗨,史大厨
- Evening, chef. - Ordering deux filet.
- 晚上好,大厨 - 客人要两客牛排
Hey, boss, look who is here.
嗨,老板,看看谁来啦
Alfredo Linguini, Renata's little boy.
艾弗度·林贵尼,瑞娜塔的儿子
- Hi. - All grown up, eh?
- 嗨 - 都这么大啦?
You remember Renata, Gusteau's old flame?
还记得瑞娜塔吗?古斯特的老相好
- Yes. How are you... - Linguini.
- 嗯,你好,你是… - 林贵尼
Yes, Linguini. So nice of you to visit. How is...
哦,林贵尼,很荣幸你的到访,那个谁…好吗?
- My mother? - Renata.
- 我母亲? - 瑞娜塔
- Yes, Renata. How is she? - good.
- 哦,瑞娜塔,她好吗? - 好…
Well, not... She's been better. I mean...
呃…不太好,她原来还不错,我是说…
She died.
她去世了
Oh.
I'm sorry.
真遗憾
Oh, don't be. She believed in heaven, so she's covered.
哦,不必替她难过,她信主,所以会上天堂
You know, afterlife-wise?
我是说…来世
- What's this? - She left it for you.
- 这什么? - 她留给你的
I think she hoped it would help me,
我想她是希望能帮助我
you know, get a job here.
我是说…在这里…找份工作
But of course. Gusteau wouldn't hesitate.
没问题啦,古斯特一定马上雇你
Any son of Renata's is more than...
瑞娜塔的孩子,就是他的…
Yes, well, we could file this and if something suitable opens up...
嗯,当然,我会存档,只要一有合适的空缺,一定…
We have already hired him.
我们已经雇了他
What? How dare you hire someone without my...
什么?你敢没有我的许可,就…
We needed a garbage boy.
我们需要一个清洁工
Oh, garbage. Well...
哦,倒垃圾的,嗯…
I'm glad it worked out.
很好,赶早不如赶巧
Uh...
呃…
You...
你…
I can't believe it.
真不敢相信
A real gourmet kitchen, and I get to watch.
我居然有机会参观美食餐厅的厨房
You've read my book. Let us see how much you know, huh?
你读过我的食谱,那我来考考你
Which one is the chef?
谁是大厨?
Oh! Uh...
哦!呃…
- Oh, that guy. - Very good.
- 是他 - 很好
Who is next in command?
谁是副的?
The sous chef. There.
二厨嘛…那儿
The sous is responsible for the kitchen when the chef's not around.
大厨不在时,由二厨发号施令
Saucier, in charge of sauces. Very important.
调味师…负责酱料调制,非常重要
Chef de partie, demi chef de partie, both important.
甜点大师傅和二师傅都很重要
Commis, commis, they're cooks. Very important.
帮厨,帮厨…他们都算厨师,也很重要
You are a clever rat. Now, who is that?
真是只聪明的老鼠,那…他是谁?
Oh, him? He's nobody.
哦,他?他谁也不是
Not nobody. He is part of the kitchen.
怎么会?他也是厨房的一部份
No, he's a plongeur or something.
哦,他是打杂的,或是…
He washes dishes or takes out the garbage. He doesn't cook.
他洗碗和倒垃圾,但不下厨
- But he could. - Uh, no.
- 可是他也行呀 - 呃,不行啦
How do you know? What do I always say?
别这么武断,我以前常说什么来着?
Anyone can cook.
人人都能当厨师
Well, yeah, anyone can. That doesn't mean that anyone should.
哦,嗯,人人都能做,但不表示人人都应该做
Well, that is not stopping him. See?
呵…可是这并没有阻止他,瞧…
What is he doing? No. No! No, this is terrible!
他在干嘛?不,不,这简直是在乱搞!
He can't...
他不能…
He's ruining the soup. And nobody's noticing?
他会毁了那锅汤的!难道没人看见?
It's your restaurant. Do something.
这是你的餐厅,想想法子吧
What can I do? I am a figment of your imagination.
我能做什么?我只不过是你想像出来的
But he's ruining the soup! We got to tell someone that he's...
但是他会毁了那锅汤呀!我们得通知什么人,他在…
Table five coming up, right now.
五号桌点的,上菜咯
- Coming down the line. - Set.
- 借过一下 - 好啦
Hot! Open oven!
开烤箱咯,小心烫!
Coming around.
转弯咯,小心
Oui, chef. One filet mignon, three lamb, two duck.
是,大厨,一份菲利牛排,三份羊排,两份鸭
Fire those souffles for table six, ja.
烤箱开火,6号桌的
- Five minutes, chef. - Oh, God.
- 还要五分钟,大厨 - 啊,天呀
Tonight, I'd like to present the foie gras.
今晚特别为您介绍“肥鹅肝”
It has a wonderful finish.
精心烘焙,风味独特
- Ready to go on table seven. - Come on! Let's go!
- 7号桌准备上菜 - 快,快上吧
Oui, chef.
是,大厨
Remy! What are you waiting for?
雷米,你还在等什么?
Is this going to become a regular thing with you?
你常常这样来无影去无踪吗?
You know how to fix it. This is your chance.
你知道该怎么挽救,这是你的机会哦
The soup! Where is the soup? Out of my way.
汤!汤好了没?让开开!
Move it, garbage boy!
打杂的,让开!
You are cooking?
嗯?你在作菜?
How dare you cook in my kitchen?
你竟敢在我的厨房做菜?
Where do you get the gall
你吃了熊心豹子胆,你懂不懂规矩
to even attempt something so monumentally idiotic?
是谁教你做这么白痴的事情
I should have you drawn and quartered!
看我今天怎么修理你
I'll do it. I think the law is on my side.
我…就这么办,我有充份的理由对付你
Larousse, draw and quarter this man
拉鲁斯,让他知道什么叫做规矩
after you put him in the duck press to squeeze the fat out of his head.
先把他脑浆用榨鸭油机榨干然后再拖出去砍咯
- What are you blathering about? - The soup!
- 你在喃喃自语什么? - 别让他们…别让他们…那个汤!
Soup?
汤?
Stop that soup!
别端那碗汤!
No!
糟啦…
Waiter.
服务员
You're fired!
你被开了!
F-I-R-E-D! Fired!
炒!鱿!鱼!开除!
She wants to see the chef.
客人要见大厨
But he...
但是他…
- What did the customer say? - it was Not a customer. it was a critic.
- 客人说什么? - 不是普通客人,是美食评论家
- Ego? - Solene LeClaire.
- 伊果? - 索琳?拉克莱
- LeClaire? What did she say? - she likes the soup.
- 拉克莱?她说什么? - 她喜欢那个汤
- Wait. - What do you mean, "Wait"?
- 等等 - 等什么等呀?
You're the reason I'm in this mess.
就因为你,我才会身陷囹囫
Someone is asking about your soup.
嘘…有人在问你做的汤
What are you playing at?
你在搞什么鬼?
Am I still fired?
我还是被开除了吗?
- You can't fire him. - What?
- 你不能开他 - 什么?
LeClaire likes it, yeah? She made a point of telling you so.
拉克莱喜欢他做的汤,对吧?她还特意知会你一声
If she write a review to that effect
如果她就此写篇评论
and find out you fired the cook responsible...
却发现你把汤师傅开除了…
- He's a garbage boy. - Who made something she liked.
- 哼…他是打杂的 - 她喜欢的汤,就是打杂的做的
How can we claim to represent the name of Gusteau
如果我们连古斯特最引以自豪
if we don't uphold his most cherished belief?
的信念都不遵守,实在有负盛名
And what belief is that, Mademoiselle Tatou?
克莉特?塔图小姐,那信念是什么?
Anyone can cook.
人人都能当厨师
Perhaps I have been a bit harsh on our new garbage boy.
或许我对新来的打杂工太严苛了一点
He has taken a bold risk
他勇于试险
and we should reward that, as Chef Gusteau would have.
我们该嘉奖他,古斯特也一定会这么做
If he wishes to swim in dangerous waters,
如果他执意要身临险境
who are we to deny him?
我们又有什么权利阻止他呢
- you were escaping? - Oh, yeah.
- 咳咳…你不是要逃吗? - 哦,对呀
Since you have expressed such an interest in his cooking career,
既然你对他的烹饪生涯这么有兴趣
you shall be responsible for it.
那我就把他交给你负责
Anyone else?
还有谁有意见
Then back to work.
那就快回去干活儿
You are either very lucky or very unlucky.
你如果不是很幸运,就是很不幸
You will make the soup again, and this time, I'll be paying attention.
你下次做汤时,我会仔细地观看
Very close attention.
非常仔细
They think you might be a cook. But you know what I think, Linguini?
他们认为你可能是个好厨师,但你知道我怎么想吗,林贵尼?
I think you are a sneaky, overreaching little...
我认为你是个奸诈滑头的小…
Rat!
老鼠!
- Rat! - HORST: Get the rat.
- 老鼠! - 什么?老鼠!别让它逃了
Linguini. Get something to trap it.
林贵尼,找东西圈住它
Lt's getting away. Get it, get it, get it.
它要跑掉了,抓住它,抓住它
- What should I do now? - Kill it.
- 现在该怎么办? - 宰了它
- now? - No, Not in the kitchen. are you mad?
- 现在? - 你疯啦,当然不能在厨房里?
Do you know what would happen to us
万一有人发现,厨房里
if anyone knew we had a rat in our kitchen?
有老鼠,我们就麻烦大了
They'd close us down.
他们会勒令我们歇业
Our reputation is hanging by a thread as it is.
我们的声誉,本来就已危在旦夕
Take it away from here. Far away. Kill it. Dispose of it. Go!
把它带走,愈远愈好,宰了它,然后丢掉,快!
Don't look at me like that! You aren't the only one who's trapped.
别那么看我!不是只有你才走投无路
They expect me to cook it again!
他们要我再做一次汤
I mean, I'm not ambitious. I wasrt trying to cook.
其实我没什么野心,我也不是真的试图在做菜
I was just trying to stay out of trouble.
我只是不想找麻烦
You're the one who was getting fancy with the spices!
是你往汤里拼命加调味料
What did you throw in there? Oregano? No? What? Rosemary?
你加了什么,牛至粉?不是?什么?嗯!迷迭香?
That's a spice, isn't it? Rosemary?
迷迭香是一种调味料,对吧?
You didn't throw rosemary in there?
你没放迷迭香?
Then what was all the flipping and all the throwing the...
那你一会儿洒一点,一会儿加一点,是在干嘛呐…
I need this job. I've lost so many.
我已经丢了好些差事,我需要这份工作
I don't know how to cook, and now I'm actually talking to a rat as if you...
我不会做菜,现在还居然对着老鼠说话,好像你……
Did you nod?
你刚有点头?
Have you been nodding?
你刚一直在点头?
You understand me?
你懂我的话?
So I'm not crazy!
所以说我没疯!
Wait a second, wait a second.
等等,等等
I can't cook, can I?
我会不会做菜?
But you...
但你…
You can, right?
你会,对吗?
Look, don't be so modest. You're a rat, for Pete's sake.
你不必谦虚,你是老鼠
Whatever you did, they liked it.
不管你刚刚做了什么,他们喜欢
Yeah. This could work.
对呀,这样一定行
Hey, they liked the soup!
他们喜欢你做的汤!
They liked the soup. Do you think you could do it again?
他们喜欢你做的汤,你能再次做出来吗?
Okay, I'm going to let you out now.
好,我现在放你出来
But we're together on this. Right?
但咱们得同舟共济,对吧?
Okay.
So this is it.
这就是我家
I mean, it's not much, but it's, you know...
虽然不怎么样,但你知道…
Not much.
是不怎样
It could be worse.
起码还不太糟
There's heat and light and a couch with a TV.
有暖气、灯、沙发和电视
So, you know, what's mine is yours.
所以咯,我的就是你的
Are you...
你…
Is this a dream?
我是在…做梦吗?
The best kind of dream.
是最好的梦
One we can share.
我们可以分享的梦
But why here?
但为什么在这?
Why now?
为什么是现在?
Why not here?
但为什么不在这?
Why not now?
为什么不是现在?
What better place to dream than in Paris?
有哪里比巴黎更适合做梦
Morning, Little Chef. Rise and...
早安,小厨师,起床咯…
Oh, no.
噢,糟糕
Idiot! I knew this would happen!
蠢!我就知道会这样!
I let a rat into my place and tell him what's mine is his!
我把一只老鼠带回家,还说我的就是它的!
Eggs, gone!
蛋…没了!
Stupid! He's stolen food and hit the road! What did I expect?
我真笨,它一定偷食物后落跑,我还期望它会怎样?
That's what I get for trusting a...
这就是盲目信任的结…
Hi. Is that for me?
嗨,这份是我的?
Mmm!
嗯!
That's good. What did you put in this?
真好吃,你加了什么?
Where'd you get that?
哪里来的?
Look, it's delicious. But don't steal. I'll buy some spices, okay?
听着,虽然好吃,不过不能去偷,我会去买调味料,懂吗?
Oh, no. We're going to be late. And on the first day!
噢,糟糕,要迟到了,做厨师的第一天!
Come on, Little Chef!
快啦,小厨师!
Though I, like many other critic,
虽然我像许多食评家一样
had written off Gusteau as irrelevant since the great chef's death,
古斯特死后,便认为他的餐厅没落了
the soup was a revelation. A spicy yet subtle taste experience.
“这次的汤却是柳暗花明,虽重度调味,却有细腻的风味”
- Solene LeClaire? - Yes!
- 索琳?拉克莱? - 对!
Against all odds, Gusteau's has recaptured our attention.Only time will tell if they deserve it."
“古斯特餐厅咸鱼翻身,重新虏获我们的注意力”
Only time will tell if they deserve it.
“只有时间能证明,他们是否值得关注”
Well...
这…呃…
You know.
我说…
Look, I know it's stupid and weird, but neither of us can do this alone,
虽然这么做很蠢很怪,但我们非得两人同心不可
so we got to do it together, right? You with me?
所以我们必须合作对不对?你同意吗?
So let's do this thing!
咱们就上吧!
I...
我…
Welcome to hell. Now, recreate the soup.
欢迎来到人间炼狱,现在,给我重现那锅汤
Take as much time as you need. All week if you must.
要多少时间都行,如果必要,一周也可
Soup.
You little...
你这小…
Ow!
噢!
You son of a...
你这小不要再…
You got...
不要再…
This is not going to work, Little Chef!
这个办法行不通的,小厨师
I'm going to lose it if we do this anymore.
如果你再乱咬,我会疯的
We've got to figure out something else.
我们得想别的办法
Something that doesn't involve any biting, or nipping,
想个不必这咬一口,那掐一下
or running up and down my body with your little rat feet.
或是用你那小爪子上下跑的办法
The biting! No! Scampering! No!
不许咬!不许跑!
No scampering or scurrying. Understand, Little Chef?
不许上下乱窜,懂吗,小厨师?
Little Chef?
小厨师?
Oh, you're hungry.
原来你饿了
Okay. So let's think this out.
好啦,咱们来想个法子吧
You know how to cook, and I know how to appear
你会做菜,而我会…
human.
装样
We need to work out a system so that I do what you want
我们得想出一整套方法,我能按照你的指示去做
in a way that doesn't look like I'm being controlled by a tiny rat chef.
而别人看不出来,我其实是被一只小老鼠厨师所操纵
Would you listen to me? I'm insane! I'm insane! I'm insane!
哦!我在说什么?我疯了我疯了我疯了
In a refrigerator talking to a rat about cooking in a gourmet restaurant.
在冷藏室里和一只老鼠讨论如何在一家美食餐厅做菜
- I will never pull this off! - Linguini?
- 我一定无法过关! - 林贵尼?
We gotta communicate.
我们得能沟通才行
I can't be constantly checking for a yes or no head shake from a...
我不能老是在做菜的时候察看你是点头或者是摇头,这样会被人…
The rat! I saw it!
老鼠!我看见了!
- a rat? - Yes, a rat. Right next to you.
- 老鼠? - 对,一只老鼠,就在你身旁
What are you doing in here?
你在这里面干嘛?
I'm just familiarizing myself with, you know, the vegetables and such.
我…只是…在这里熟悉一下各种蔬菜…和其他的食材
Get out.
出去
One can get too familiar with vegetables, you know!
对蔬菜太熟悉,不是好事,懂吗!
That was close. Are you okay up there?
差点露馅,你在上面没事吧?
How did you do that?
告诉我你是怎么做的啊?
That's strangely involuntary!
好奇怪的反应!
One look and I knew we had the same crazy idea.
咱们只交换一下眼神就知道彼此有同样的疯狂想法
Okay.
好啦
Huh?
怎么?
Where are you taking me? Wait.
你带我去哪里?等等
Wait. I'm sorry.
等等…对不起
Okay.
行了
Mmm-hmm...
嗯…
A votre sante!
敬你!
All right.
呵呵…扯平
That should do it.
这样就成了
Congratulations. You were able to repeat your accidental success.
恭喜,你再次完成上回无心的杰作
But you'll need to know more than soup if you are to survive in my kitchen, boy.
但你想在我的厨房混光会做汤是不够的,小子
Colette will be responsible for teaching you how we do things here.
克莉特会负责教你我们这里做事的方法跟规矩
Listen, I just want you to know
我只想说
how honored I am to be studying under such...
我是多么地荣幸能跟从你学习…
No! You listen. I just want you to know exactly who you are dealing with.
不,你听我说才对,我要你明白你面对的是谁
How many women do you see in this kitchen?
你看厨房里有几个女人?
Well, I...
呃,我…
- Only me. Why do you think that is? - Well, I...
- 只有我一个,你说为什么? - 呃,我…
Because haute cuisine is an antiquated hierarchy
高级厨师这行是古老的阶级制度
built upon rules written by stupid old men.
是一些又老又蠢的男人定下的规矩
Rules designed to make it impossible for women to enter this world.
这些规矩让女人几乎进不了这一行
But still I'm here. How did this happen?
但我却进来了,我是怎么做到的?
Because, well, because you...
因为…呃…你…
Because I am the toughest cook in this kitchen.
因为我是厨房里最好强的厨师
I've worked too hard for too long to get here
我拼死拼活才做到这个位子
and I am not going to jeopardize it for some garbage boy who got lucky.
我决不会让一个侥幸的清洁工毁了这一切
Got it?
懂吗?
Easy to cook. Easy to eat. Gusteau makes Chinese food
做的容易,吃得轻松,古斯特让中国菜
Chine-easy.
轻松…上桌
- Excellent work, Fran ois, as usual. - It's good, isn't it?
- 方斯瓦,干得好,从没让我失望 - 不错吧?
I want you to work up something for my latest frozen food concept.
希望你再替我最近的冷冻食品概念多出些主意
Gusteau's Corn Puppies.
古斯特牌炸小热狗
They're like corn dogs, only smaller. Bite size.
就像普通热狗一样,只是小一点,一口一个
What are corn dogs?
炸热狗是什么?
Cheap sausages dipped in batter and deep fried. You know, American.
就是那种便宜的碎肉香肠,外包油炸玉米面皮,你知道,美式食物
Whip something up.
想点促销的办法
Maybe Gusteau in overalls and Huckleberry Tom hat.
或许…让古斯特穿吊带裤和戴美国牛仔帽
Or as a big ear of corn in doggie make-up.
或是一根玉蜀黍化妆成一只狗
Yes. But, please, with dignity.
也可,不过还是得庄重点
Get my lawyer!
叫我律师来!
Well, the will stipulates
呃,遗嘱上说…
that if after a period of two years from the date of death
我死后两年内如果
no heir appears,
没有继承人出现
Gusteau's business interests will pass to his sous chef. You.
古斯特企业继承权移交给二厨,也就是你
I know what the will stipulates.
我知道遗嘱上说什么
What I want to know is if this letter... If this boy changes anything!
我是想知道这封信和这男孩的出现,会改变什么吗?
There's not much resemblance.
看起来不能改变什么
There's no resemblance at all. He is not Gusteau's son.
他们二个看起来一点都不像,他不是古斯特的儿子
Gusteau had no children, and what of the timing of all this?
古斯特没有小孩,为什么偏偏这个时候出现
The deadline in the will expires in less than a month!
遗属上说的两年,再不到一个月就过期了!
Suddenly, some boy arrives with a letter
突然出现一个男孩,还拿了一封信
from his recently deceased mother claiming Gusteau is his father?
是他刚过世的母亲写的,宣称古斯特是他的父亲?
Highly suspect!
实在令人怀疑!
- This is Gusteau's? - Yes, yes, yes.
- 古斯特的帽子吗? - 是的,是的
- May I? - of course.
- 我能拿吗? - 当然
But the boy does not know.
但这孩子还不知道
She claims she never told him, or Gusteau, and asks that I not tell.
她说从没告诉过他和古斯特,也请我不要说出去
- Why you? What Does she want? - a job for the boy.
- 为什么找上你,她想要什么? - 替孩子谋份差事
- Only a job? - Well, Yes.
- 只是找工作? - 嗯,对
Then what are you worried about? If he works here,
那你还担心什么?只要他在这里工作
you'll be able to keep an eye on him while I do a little digging.
你就能监视他,同时我去查访真相
Find out how much of this is real.
看看这是否属实
I will need you to collect some DNA samples
我要你去收集他的DNA样本
from the boy. Hair, maybe.
头发或是其他什么
Mark my words. The whole thing is highly suspect.
相信我,这整件事太令人怀疑了
He knows something.
他一定知道什么
Relax, he's a garbage boy. I think you can handle him.
别慌,他只是打杂的,你一定能应付他
What are you doing?
你在干嘛?
I'm cutting vegetables. I'm cutting vegetables?
呃…我在切菜,我在切菜?
No! You waste energy and time!
不是,你在浪费时间和精力!
You think cooking is a cute job, like Mommy in the kitchen?
你以为做菜很好玩,像妈咪在厨房?
Well, Mommy never had to face
妈咪不必面对
the dinner rush when the orders come flooding in,
晚餐颠峰时间和蜂涌而来的点菜单
and every dish is different and none are simple,
每道菜都不同,也都不简单
and all of the different cooking times,
每道菜都需要不等的时间烹调
but must arrive on the customer's table
但却得同时
at exactly the same time, hot and perfect!
热腾腾地端上客人的桌
Every second counts, and you cannot be Mommy!
你得分秒必争,不能像妈咪一样!
What is this? Keep your station clear!
这是什么?你的工作台怎么一团乱?
When the meal rush comes, what will happen?
忙的时候会发生什么事?
Messy stations slow things down.
脏乱的工作台拖慢你的速度
Food doesn't go, orders pile up. Disaster.
菜出不去,菜单堆起来,就会出乱子
I'll make this easy to remember.
我把规矩简化,好让你能记住
Keep your station clear, or I will kill you!
保持干净的工作台,不然我宰了你!
Your sleeves look like you threw up on them.
你的袖子看起来像是一块抹布
Keep your hands and arms in, close to the body. Like this. See?
将手臂尽量靠近身体,懂吗?
Always return to this position.
随时保持姿势
Cooks move fast. Sharp utensils, hot metal, keep your arms in.
动作快、刀利、缩手
You will minimize cuts and burns and keep your sleeves clean.
能减少切烫伤,还要保持袖子的整洁
Mark of a chef: Messy apron, clean sleeves.
肮脏的围裙和干净的袖子是做厨师的象征
I know the Gusteau style cold.
我很了解古斯特的作风
In every dish, Chef Gusteau always has something unexpected.
古斯特的每一道菜都会有出人意料的地方
I will show you. I memorize all his recipe.
我把古斯特的食谱都背熟了,我会示范给你看
- Always do something unexpected. - no. Follow the recipe.
- 永远保持创意 - 不对,要照食谱行事
- But you just said that... - No, No, no.
- 但你刚才说… - 不是啦
It was his job to be unexpected. It is our job to...
创新是他的工作,而我们的工作则是…
- Follow his recipes. - Follow the recipe.
- 照着食谱来 - 照着食谱来
How do you tell how good bread is without tasting it?
怎么样不用吃也能分辨出好面包?
Not the smell, not the look, but the sound of the crust.
不必闻,不必看而是听声音,酥脆的声音
Listen.
你听!哦!
Symphony of crackle. Only great bread sound this way.
交响乐般的清脆,只有好面包才能发出这种声音
The only way to get the best produce is to have first pick of the day
想要拿到每天最新鲜的蔬果
and there are only two way to get first pick.
只有两种方法
Grow it yourself, or bribe a grower.
自己种,或贿赂送货的让你先挑
- Good morning - Voila! The best restaurant get first pick.
- 早安 - 瞧!最好的餐厅才能第一个挑货
People think haute cuisine is snooty. So chef must also be snooty.
人们都认为精致美食很高尚,所以厨师也一定很高尚
But not so. Lalo there ran away from home at 12.
其实不然,莱洛12岁就离家出走
Got hired by circus people as an acrobat.
去马戏团表演杂耍
And then he get fired
后来因为勾搭团主的
for messing around with the ringmaster's daughter.
女儿被开除
Horst has done time.
霍斯特做过牢
What for?
为什么?
No one know for sure. He changes the story every time you ask him.
没人知道,每次有人问起,得到的答案都不一样
I defrauded a major corporation.
我诈欺了一家大公司
I robbed the second largest bank in France using only a ballpoint pen.
我只用一只笔抢了法国第二大银行
I created a hole in the ozone over Avignon.
我把阿维尼市上空的臭氧层戳了个大洞
I killed a man with this thumb.
我用这拇指杀了一个人
Don't ever play cards with Pompidou.
别和彭皮度赌纸牌
He's been banned from Las Vegas and Monte Carlo.
从拉斯维加斯到大西洋城都不欢迎他
- Larousse ran gun for the Resistance. - Which resistance?
- 莱鲁替地下组织运军火 - 哪个地下组织?
He won't say. Apparently, they didn't win.
他不肯说,显然他们没得胜
So you see.
所以说啦
We are artist, pirate. More than cooks are we.
所以我们不仅是厨师,还是艺术家,海盗
- We? - Oui. you are One of us now, oui?
- 我们? - 是啊,你也是我们的一份子,懂吗?
Oui. Thank you, by the way, for all the advice about cooking.
懂,谢谢你,对了,还有你教我的烹饪技巧
- Thank you, too. - for what?
- 我也要谢你 - 为…为什么?
For taking it.
虚心受教
The rat!
嗯!老鼠!
- But he is a... - I just dropped My keys.
- 它…它…明明… - 我刚掉了钥匙
Have you decided this evening?
决定要点什么了吗?
- Your soup is excellent. But... - But we order it every time.
- 你们的汤很棒,但… - 但我们每次都点汤
- What else do you have? - Well, we have a Very nice foie gras.
- 你们还有什么? - 呃…我们的肥鹅肝不错
I know about the foie gras.
这个我知道
The old standby, used to be famous for it.
你们的招牌菜,以前很有名
What does the chef have that's new?
你们的主厨有什么新菜式吗?
- Someone has asked what is new! - New?
- 有客人要点新菜! - 新菜?
Yes. What do I tell them?
对呀,我该怎么回话?
- Well, what did you tell them? - I told them I would ask!
- 那你刚怎么回的? - 我只说要问问!
What are you blathering about?
你们在唧哩咕噜什么?
- Customers are asking What is new. - What should I tell them?
- 客人问有什么新菜式 - 我该怎么回话?
- What did you tell them? - I told them I would ask!
- 那你刚怎么回的? - 我只说要问问!
This is simple.
这很简单
Just pull out an old Gusteau recipe,
拿古斯特的老食谱出来
something we haven't made in a while...
找个很久没做过的菜
They know about the old stuff. They like Linguini's soup.
他们知道我们以前的菜单,他们很喜欢林贵尼的汤
They are asking for food from Linguini?
他们要林贵尼做的菜?
A lot of customers like the soup. That's all we are saying.
很多客人喜欢那道汤,就这么简单
Were we saying that?
就这么简单?
Very well. If it's Linguini they want
那好,既然他们要林贵尼
tell them Chef Linguini has prepared something special for them.
就告诉他们,林贵尼为他们做了道很特别的菜
Something definitely off menu.
而且绝对是菜单上没有的喔!?
Oh, and don't forget to stress
哦,别忘了强调
- its Linguini-ness. - Oui, chef.
- 是林式私房菜 - 是,大厨
Now is your chance to try something won'thy of your talent, Linguini.
现在是你发挥才能的时候啦,林贵尼
A forgotten favorite of the chef's, sweetbread a la Gusteau.
几乎被遗忘的主厨经典菜,古式牛杂
- Colette will Help you. - Oui, chef.
- 克莉特会帮你 - 是,大厨
Now, hurry up. Our diners are hungry.
那就快吧,食客们都饿了
Are you sure? That recipe was a disaster.
你确定?那道菜很难做
Gusteau himself said so.
古斯特自己说过
Just the sort of challenge a budding chef needs.
明日之星的厨师正需要这种挑战
Sweetbread a la Gusteau.
古式牛杂
Sweetbread cooked in a seaweed salt crust
牛杂做内馅,外包海藻盐调味的苏皮
with cuttlefish tentacle, dog rose puree,
浓汁内馅在加墨鱼头,蔷薇花
geoduck egg, dried white fungus?
蛤蜊蛋,银耳
Anchovy licorice sauce.
凤尾鱼甜草酱
I don't know this recipe, but it's Gusteau's, so...
我不知道这道菜谱,既然是古斯特的,那就…
Lalo! We have some veal stomach soaking, yes?
莱洛,我们有泡好的牛肚吗?
Yes! The veal stomach, I get that.
有,我去拿牛肚
Veal stomach?
牛肚?
Oh!
I'll be right back. Where...
马上回来,去哪儿…
Hey, I got to... Hey!
嘿…我要…
Don't mind me. I just need to borrow this real quick.
别介意,我…我借用一下,马上还
Let's see, over here...
还有…在这儿…
I'll be back.
我会拿回来还
Thank you.
谢谢
Excuse me. I'm going to...
对…对不起,我…
Apparently, I need this. I'll be right...
显然我需要这个,马上还…
I'm going to pick that up.
我要拿那个
I got some of that spice.
还要拿点调味料
Okay.
好啦
What are you doing? You're supposed
你干嘛?你该
to be preparing the Gusteau recipe.
照古斯特的食谱做
This is the recipe.
就是食谱上的啊
The recipe doesn't call for white truffle oil!
那道菜没有用到白松露油
What else have you... You are improvising?
你还有…原来你即兴做菜?
This is no time to experiment. The customer are waiting.
没时间实验尝试,客人在等呐
You're right. I should listen to you!
你说的对,我该听你的
- Stop that! - Stop what?
- 够了 - 什么够了?
Freaking me out! Whatever you are doing, stop it.
别再吓我了,不管你在做什么,快停
- Where is the special order? - Coming!
- 特点菜好了没? - 马上好!
- I thought we were together on this. - we are together.
- 我原以为我们要一块儿做 - 我们是一块儿呀
- Then what are you doing? - It's very hard to explain.
- 那你在干嘛? - 很难解释清楚
- The special? - Come get it!
- 特点菜? - 来拿吧!
Whoa, whoa. I forgot the anchovy licorice sauce.
等等,我忘了加凤尾鱼甜草酱
- Don't you dare. - I'm not, I'm not. I'm...
- 你竟然敢 - 我不敢,我不敢…
Sorry.
对不起
Is Linguini's dish done yet?
林贵尼的菜出了没?
Ja. It's as bad as we remember. Just went out.
好了,就像我们记忆中的一样糟,端出去了
- did you taste it? - Ja, of course, before he changed it.
- 你尝过了? - 有…呃…在他改配料之前
Good. What? How could he change it?
很好…什么!他怎么可以随便加料?
He changed it as it was going out the door!
他在菜端出去之前才加上去的
They love it!
点菜的客人很喜欢!
Other diners are already asking about it, about Linguini.
其他的客人已经在问这道菜和是谁做的
I have seven more orders!
我有7份订单!
That's wonderful.
那…好极了
I'd like one of those.
我也想点那道菜
Special order!
特餐二客!
What is that?
那是什么?
Special order! Special order! Special order!
特餐叁客,特餐,特餐
To Linguini.
敬林贵尼
- Congratulations, Mr. Linguini. - Cheers, ja?
- 恭喜,林贵尼先生 - 干杯,如何?
- Drink now, there's plenty. - Good job
- 尽量喝,酒很多 - 好样的
Take a break, Little Chef. Get some air.
小厨师,休息一下,透个气儿
We really did it tonight.
我们今晚合作无间
Got your toque!
抓到你的帽子啦,呵呵…
Oh, seriously now.
说正经的
I'd love to have a little talk with you, Linguini, in my office.
我很想跟你谈谈,来我办公室
- am I in trouble? - trouble? no.
- 我有麻烦吗? - 麻烦?哪的话
A little wine, a friendly chat. Just us cooks.
厨师私下间聊聊,喝点小酒
The plongeur won't be coming to you for advice anymore, eh, Colette?
他以后不必再找你商量事了,对吧,克莉特?
He's gotten all he needs.
他得到他想要的了
Toasting your success, eh, Linguini?
敬你一杯,恭喜你呀,林贵尼
Good for you.
嗯,真有你的
I just took it to be polite. I don't really drink, you know.
哦!我只是恭敬不如从命,其实我不喝酒的
Of course you don't. I wouldn't either if I was drinking that.
这种劣等酒,如果我是你,也不会喝
But you would have to be an idiot of elephantine proportions
可是只有特大号的傻瓜加蠢蛋才
not to appreciate this '61 Chateau Latour.
不懂得欣赏我这珍藏已久六一年份的拉图堡红酒
And you, Monsieur Linguini, are no idiot.
林贵尼先生,您可不是傻瓜
Let us toast your non-idiocy.
为您的睿智干杯
- Remy! - Emile?
- 雷米! - 艾米?
I can't believe it! You're alive!
真不敢相信,你居然还活着!
- You made it! - I thought I'd never see you guys again!
- 你熬过来啦! - 我以为再也见不到你们了!
We figured you didn't survive the rapids.
我们还以为你被大水冲走了
And what are you eating?
你在吃什么?
I don't really know.
我也不知道
I think it was some sort of wrapper once.
它可能曾经用来包什么吧
What? No. You're in Paris now, baby. My town.
这怎么可以!好兄弟,你现在在巴黎,我的城市
No brother of mine eats rejectamenta in my town.
在我的城市,我的哥哥是不可以吃垃圾的喔
Remy! You are stealing? You told Linguini he could trust you.
雷米,你居然偷东西?你曾向林贵尼保证过
- And he can. It's for my brother. - But the boy could lose his job.
- 他是我哥哥,没问题啦 - 但他可能会因此而失掉工作
Which means I would, too. It's under control, okay?
他走人就表示我也得走人,我知道轻重的啦
- More wine? - I shouldn't, but... Okay.
- 再来点酒? - 我实在不能再喝了,但…好吧
So, where did you train, Linguini?
你在哪里拜师学艺?
Train? All right.
学艺?还真的咧!
Surely you don't expect me to believe this is your first time cooking?
你总不会要我相信你是第一次做菜吧?
- It's not. - I knew it!
- 当然不是 - 我就知道!
Lt's my... Second, third, fourth... Fifth time.
这是我第1,2,3,4,…第5次
Monday was my first time.
星期一是我的第1次
But I've taken out the garbage lots of times before that...
但此之前,我倒过很多次垃圾,还扫过很多次地
Yes, yes. Have some more wine.
那自然,再来点酒
Tell me, Linguini, about your interests.
告诉我,林贵尼,你有什么兴趣
Do you like animals?
你喜欢动物吗?
What? Animals? What kind?
什么,动物,哪种?呵呵…
The usual, dogs, cats, horses, guinea pigs,
就是一般的嘛,猫、狗、马、天筑鼠…
rats.
老鼠?
I brought you something to...
我给你带了一样…啊!
No, no, no, no!
不,不,不!
Spit that out right now!
现在立刻把它吐掉!
I have got to teach you about food. Close your eyes.
我得教你如何品尝,闭上眼睛
Now take a bite of... No! No! No!
来,先尝一小口…不,不,不!
- Don't just hork it down! - Too late.
- 别囫囵吞枣! - 来不及啦,呵呵…
Here.
Chew it slowly. Only think about the taste.
细嚼慢咽,专心品尝味道
- See? - Not really.
- 嗯?怎么样? - 不怎样
Creamy, salty sweet, an oaky nuttiness.
奶油味、咸咸甜甜的、坚果的风味
- You detect that? - Oh, I'm detecting nuttiness.
- 察觉出来没? - 嗯,我吃出“疯”味了
Close your eyes. Now taste this.
闭上眼睛,现来尝这个
Whole different thing, right? Sweet, crisp, slight tang on the finish.
完全不同的口味,对吧?甜、脆、然后一点点冲鼻的味道
- Okay. - now, try them together.
- 哦… - 现在一起吃
Okay.
I think I'm getting a little something there.
现在我开始有感觉了
- it might be the nuttiness. - See?
- 可能就是你说的疯味 - 懂了吧?
- Could be the tang. - That's it.
- 可能是冲味 - 对啦
Now, imagine every great taste in the world
想像一下世上所有单一的味道
being combined into infinite combinations.
可以组合成无数种味道
Tastes that no one has tried yet! Discoveries to be made!
很多全新的口味,等着我们去发掘
- I think... - Uh huh.
- 我觉得… - 嗯哼?
- you lost me again. - yeah.
- 其实都一样耶 - 算了
But that was interesting.
可是满有趣的
Most interesting garbage I ever... Hey! What are we doing?
没吃过这么好吃的垃圾…喂…我们在干嘛?
Dad doesn't know you're alive yet!
老爸还不知道你没死!
We've got to go to the colony! Everyone will be thrilled!
我们得回窝里,大伙儿一定很高兴!
- Yeah!But... - what?
- 嗯…但… - 怎么?
Thing is, I kind of have to...
老实说,我似乎该…
What do you "have to" more than family?
有什么比家人更重要?
What's more important here?
这里有什么值得你留恋?
Well, I...
呃,我…
It wouldn't hurt to visit.
我可以回去探亲
- have you had a pet rat? - no.
- 你有养老鼠当宠物吗? - 没
- did you work in a lab with rats? - no.
- 你有接触过实验室里的老鼠? - 没
Perhaps you lived in squalor at some point?
那你住的房子是不是非常的脏乱?
Nopety nopety no.
没…没有…当然没
You know something about rats! You know you do!
你一定知道,自己知道有关老鼠的事
You know who know do whacka-doo. Ratta-tatta.
你知道…我知道…鼠…蔬…
- Hey!Why do they call it that? - what?
- 对了,为什么叫那个菜名? - 什么?
Ratatouille. It's like a stew, right? Why do they call it that?
“杂菜烩”,烩是炆火慢煨的意思吧?怎么会叫这个名字?
If you're going to name a food,
如果要替一道菜命名
you should give it a name that sounds delicious.
该取个听起来好吃的名字
Ratatouille doesn't sound delicious. It sounds like "rat" and "patootie."
杂菜烩听起来不好吃,像是焖了半天,又杂又烂的一堆剩菜
Rat patootie. Which does not sound delicious.
杂碎烂菜,听起来很难吃
Regrettably we are all out of wine.
真可惜,酒喝完了
My son has returned!
我儿子回家啦!
And finding someone to replace you for poison checker has been a disaster.
要找人取代你当毒药检查员的位置,简直是…太难了
Nothing's been poisoned, thank God, but it hasn't been easy.
虽然没人因此被毒死,不过这阵子也真难捱
- You didn't make it easy. - I know. I am sorry, Dad.
- 没人能跟你比 - 我知道,对不起,老爸
Well, the important thing is that you're home.
重要的是,现在你终于回家了
Yeah, well, about that...
嗯…呃…说到这儿…
You look thin. Why is that?
你瘦了,怎么啦?
A shortage of food, or a surplus of snobbery?
缺少吃的,还是你太挑剔了?
Lt's tough out there in the big world all alone, isn't it?
只身在外谋生很不容易吧?
Sure, but it's not like I'm a kid anymore.
没错啦,不过我也不是孩子了
- Hey. Hey, boy. What's up? - I can take care of myself.
- 嗯…发生什么事? - 我能照顾自己
I've found a nice spot not far away, so I'll be able to visit often.
我找了个住处,离家不远,我可以常回来看看
Nothing like a cold splash of reality to make you...
现实的残酷一定让你学到…
- Visit? - I will. I promise. Often.
- 回来看看? - 一定常回来,我保证
- You're not staying? - No. It's not a big deal, Dad. I just...
- 你不留下来? - 不,这没什么大不了的,老爸…
You didn't think I was going to stay forever, did you?
你总不会认为我会一辈子都呆在家里吧?
Eventually, a bird's got to leave the nest.
小鸟长大了,总要离巢自力的
We're not birds. We're rats.
我们不是小鸟,是老鼠
We don't leave our nests. We make them bigger.
我们不分家,而是扩大
- Well, maybe I'm a different kind of rat. - Maybe you're not a rat at all.
- 呃…也许我和其他鼠众不同吧 - 也许你根本不是老鼠
Maybe that's a good thing.
也许这是好事
Hey! The band's really on tonight, huh?
呵…今晚的乐队真不赖
Rats. All we do is take, Dad.
爸,我们鼠辈只会偷
I'm tired of taking. I want to make things.
爸…我厌倦偷窃,我要创造东西
I want to add something to this world.
我要给这世界创新
- You're talking like a human. - Who are not as bad as you say.
- 你口气像人类 - 他们不像你说的那么坏
- Oh, yeah? What makes you so sure? - Oh, man.
- 真的?你为何如此肯定? - 噢,惨了
I've been able to observe them
我有机会…
at a close-ish sort of range.
近距离…观察过他们
- yeah? How close? - Close enough.
- 真的?多近? - 很近
And they're, you know, not so bad as you say they are.
他们…其实…不像你说的那样
Come with me. I got something I want you to see.
跟我来,我给你看点东西
You know, I'm going to stay here.
那…我就不去了
Make sure the floors and countertops are clean before you lock up.
你锁门之前,要把炉台和地板打扫干净
Wait. You want me to stay and clean?
等等,你让我最后离开,打扫锁门?
Is that a problem?
有问题吗?
- no. - Good boy. See you tomorrow.
- 嗯…没有 - 好孩子,明天见
We're here.
到了
Take a good long look, Remy.
好好看看吧,雷米
Now, this is what happens
这就是放心地
when a rat gets a little too comfortable around humans.
接近人类后的下场
The world we live in belongs to the enemy.
我们生存的世界,属于敌人
We must live carefully.
我们得处处小心
We look out for our own kind, Remy.
同胞间要彼此观照,雷米
When all is said and done, we're all we've got.
最后我们能依靠的还是自己人
- no. - what?
- 不 - 什么?
No. Dad, I don't believe it. You're telling me that the future is...
不,爸,我不信,你说我们的将来
Can only be more of this?
只会比这更惨
This is the way things are. You can't change nature.
事实就是如此,你无法改变自然规律
Change is nature, Dad. The part that we can influence.
爸,改变就是自然的规律,尽力而为,便能滴水穿石
And it starts when we decide.
下定决心后,改变就开始了
- Where you going? - with luck, forward.
- 你去哪? - 向前走,祝我好运
Good morning.
早安
Good morning.
早安
So, the chef, he invited you in for a drink?
大厨…请你喝酒谈天?
That's big.
这可是大事
That's big. What did he say?
这可是大事…他说了什么?
What?
怎么?
What, you can't tell me?
怎么…你不能告诉我?
Oh!
哦…
Forgive me for intruding on your deep, personal relationship with the chef.
恕我破坏你和他之间的深交私谊
Oh, I see how it is.
哦,我明白了
You get me to teach you a few kitchen tricks
你让我教你几招厨艺
to dazzle the boss and then you blow past me?
好向老板炫燿,然后就过河拆桥
Wake up. Wake up.
快醒醒,快醒醒!
I thought you were different.
我以为你不同
I thought you thought I was different.
我还以为你也认为我不同
I thought...
我又以为…
I didn't have to help you!
我当初也不一定要帮你!
Lf I looked out only for myself, I would have let you drown!
如果我只顾自己,谁去管你死活
But...
但…
I wanted you to succeed. I liked you.
我希望你成功…我还蛮喜欢你
My mistake.
我的错
Colette. Wait, wait. Colette!
克莉特,等等!等等,克莉特!
Lt's over, Little Chef. I can't do it anymore.
结束了,小厨师,我不能再装下去了
Colette! Wait, wait! Don't motorcycle away.
克莉特,等等!别…骑车…走
Look, I'm no good with words. I'm no good with food either.
老实说,我不太会说话,也不太会做菜
At least not without your help.
起码没你的帮忙,我不会做菜
I hate false modesty. It's just another way to lie.
我讨厌惺惺做态,那只是另种形式的撒谎
- You have talent. - No, but I don't! Really! Lt's not me.
- 你有天赋 - 但是我没有,真的,那不是我
When I added that extra ingredient
那次我没听你话
instead of following the recipe like you said,
按照食谱,却私自加料…
that wasrt me either.
那也不是我
- What do you mean? - I mean, I wouldn't have done that.
- 什么意思? - 我是说,我要是我,决不会那样
I would've followed the recipe.
我会按照食谱
I would've followed your advice.
我会按照你的建议
I would've followed your advice to the ends of the earth.
我会听你的话…直到海枯石烂
- Because I love Your advice. - But...
- 因为我爱你…的建议 - 但…
But I...
但,我…
Don't do it.
别说出去
I have a secret. It's sort of disturbing.
我有一个秘密…难以启齿
- I have a... - what? you...
- 我有一个… - 什…么…?你…
- I have a ra... - you have a rash?
- 我有一个鼠… - 你中暑了?
No, no, no. I have this... This tiny little...
不,不,我有一个小…小小的…
Little...
小…
A tiny chef who tells me what to do.
小厨师,他会指挥我做菜
A tiny chef?
小厨师?
Yes. Yes. He's...
是,是的,他…
- He's up here. - In your brain?
- 他在上面 - 在你脑子里?
Why is it so hard to talk to you? Okay. Here we go.
你怎么还没听懂?好吧,明着说
You inspire me. I'm going to risk it all.
你启发了我,所以我要不顾一切…
I'm going to risk looking like the biggest idiot psycho you've ever seen.
冒着会被你误认为是一个你所见过最蠢的神经病
You want to know why I'm such a fast learner?
你想知道我为什么…学得这么快?
You want to know why I'm such a great cook?
你想知道我为什么那么会做菜?
Don't laugh! I'm going to show you!
别笑我,我秀给你看!
No! No!
不要,不要!
- What is it, Ambrister? - Gusteau's.
- 什么事,安部斯特? - 关于古斯特
- Finally closing, is it? - no.
- 终于关门大吉,对吧? - 不是
- More financial trouble? - No, it's...
- 资金周转困难? - 不是,是…
Announced a new line of microwave egg rolls?
又推出新产品,微波春卷?
What? What? Spit it out.
别吞吞吐吐,有话快说
lt's come back. It's popular.
又…又东山再起,大受欢迎
- I haven't reviewed Gusteau's in years. - No, sir.
- 我都好几年没评论过他们了 - 嗯,的确
My last review condemned it
我最后盖棺论定:
- to the tourist trade. - Yes, sir.
- 他们只配做“流动”食品 - 没错
I said, "Gusteau has finally found his rightful place in history
我说,“古斯特终于有了历史定位
right alongside another equally famous chef,
与另一位齐名的大厨波亚提并列
Monsieur Boyardee."
沦落到做罐头和冷冻食品的地步”
Touche.
一针见血
That is where I left it. That was my last word.
那就是我的结论,多说无益
- the last word. - Yes.
- 结论 - 是的
Then tell me, Ambrister,
安部斯特,那么你说…
how could it be popular?
如何能再受好评?
No, no, no, no, no, no, no!
不,不,不!
The DNA matches, the timing works, everything checks out.
DNA吻合,时间也准,一切都无懈可击
He is Gusteau's son.
他是古斯特的儿子
This can't just happen! The whole thing is a setup!
怎么可能!整个事件都是预谋!
The boy knows!
那家伙一定知道
Look at him out there, pretending to be an idiot.
你看他,还装着一付无辜的样子
He's toying with my mind like a cat with a ball of... Something.
他耍我,像猫玩那个什么球来着…
- String? - Yes!Playing dumb.
- 毛线球? - 对!
- Taunting me with that rat. - rat?
- 还装傻,用老鼠来愚弄我 - 老鼠?
Yes. He's consorting with it.
没错!弄只老鼠放在身上
Deliberately trying to make me think it's important.
故意让我误认为它很重要
- The rat. - Exactly!
- 那只老鼠? - 正是!
Is the rat important?
那只老鼠很重要?
Of course not! He just wants me to think that it is.
当然不是!他只想让我误以为如此
Oh, I see the theatricality of it.
啊…我明白他在耍什么把戏了
A rat appears on the boy's first night, I order him to kill it.
一只老鼠出现在他上班的第一天,我叫他杀了它
And now he wants me to see it everywhere.
然后他故弄玄虚,让我以为老鼠无所不在
Lt's here! No, it isn't, it's here!
它在这!不是,在那!
Am I seeing things, am I crazy? Is there a phantom rat or is there not?
我是不是眼花了?是不是发疯了?它是幽灵还是真的?
But, oh, no!
哦…不!
I refuse to be sucked into his little game of...
我才不会那么容易上他的当…
Should I be concerned about this? About you?
我该为这种情形感到忧心吗?我是说…你?
I can't fire him. He's getting attention.
我不能开除他,他现在是焦点
If I fire him now, everyone will wonder why.
如果开除他,会引人怀疑
And the last thing I want is people looking into this.
我最不希望的,就是引起注意
What are you so worried about?
你担心这个干嘛?
Isn't it good to have the press?
媒体报导难道不好?
Isn't it good to have Gusteau's name getting headlines?
古斯特的大名上头条新闻,不好吗?
Not if they're over his face!
登的是他的脸就不好!
Gusteau's already has a face, and it's fat and lovable and familiar.
古斯特的形象已经深植人心,胖呼呼的,人见人爱
And it sells burritos! Millions and millions of burritos!
就是这个招牌,卖了几百万个卷饼!
The deadline passes in three days.
两年期限,再三天就过了
Then you can fire him whenever he ceases to be valuable
然后他不再有利用价值,你就可以开除他
and no one will ever know.
神不知鬼不觉
I was worried about the hair sample you gave me.
令我担心的是,你给我鉴定用的头发
- I had to send them back to the lab. - Why?
- 我得再送一次检 - 为什么?
Because the first time it came back identified as rodent hair.
因为你第一次给我的被鉴定成是鼠毛
- No, No, no. - What?
- 不,不 - 怎…怎么啦?
Try this. It's better.
试试这个,比较好
- Well, because you... - Come first
- 因为你… - 先上来吧
Rat!
老鼠!
Disgusting little creatures.
恶心的小东西
I was reminded how fragile it all was.
再次提醒了我,我一切的努力是多么地脆弱
How the world really saw me.
世界到底是怎么看我的
And it just kept getting better.
我的处境更是每况愈下
Hey, hey, hey, little brother!
喂…小弟!
We were afraid you werert going to, you know, show up.
我们刚还担心,你不会来了呢
- Hey, Remy!How you doing? - you told them?
- 雷米,你好啊? - 你告诉他们了?
Emile, that's exactly what I said not to do!
拜托,我不是叫你不要说的吗?!
But you know these guys. They're my friends.
可是你认识他们啊!他们是朋友
I didn't think you meant them.
我以为你说的不包括他们
Look, I'm sorry.
呃…对不起啦
Don't tell me you're sorry, tell them you're sorry.
别跟我说对不起,去跟他们说才对
- is there a problem over here? - No, there is not.
- 这出了什么问题? - 没,没事
Wait here.
在这等
It's locked?
锁了
Remy, what are you doing in here?
雷米,你来这里干嘛?
Okay. Emile shows up with...
艾米来了,还带了…
Okay, I said not to. I told him... He goes and blabs to...
我告诉过他,叫他不要…结果他还是到处宣传…
Yeah, it's a disaster.
搞得天下大乱
Anyway, they're hungry, the food safe is locked and I need the key.
总之,他们饿了,储藏室锁了,我需要钥匙
- They want you to steal food? - Yes. No! Lt's...
- 他们要你偷食物? - 对…不对…其实…
It's complicated. It's family. They don't have your ideals.
说来话长,他们是我家人,他们没有你那么有原则
Ideals? Lf Chef Fancy Pants had any ideals,
原则?爱现厨师要是有原则
you think I'd be hawking barbecue over here?
你想,我还会沿街叫卖烤肉?
Or microwave burritos?
微波卷饼?
Or, Tooth, I say, Tooth Pick'n Chicken?
还有,那个塞牙缝的鸡块…
About as French as a corn dog!
跟热狗一样道地的法国菜!
Coming soon!
汪汪…即将上市!
We're inventing new ways to sell out over here.
我们每天都有新花样上市
Will ye be wanting some haggis bites?
想来点苏格兰菜食品?
I cannot control how they use my image, Remy.
他们要怎么使用我的肖像我管不着
- I am dead! - Can you guys shut up?
- 因为我死了 - 你们都给我闭嘴!
I've got to think! Word's getting out. If I can't keep them quiet,
话很快就传开了,我也阻止不了,我得想想办法
the entire clars gonna be after me with their mouths open and...
哦!我整个家族都会张大着嘴缠着我要呢…
Here it is.
找到了
Hey. Your will!
你的遗嘱
- Oh, this is interesting. Mind if I... - Not at all.
- 真有趣,不介意我… - 怎么会
Why would Linguini be filed with your will?
有关林贵尼的档案,怎么会跟你的遗嘱放在一起?
This used to be my office.
这以前就是我的办公室呀
[信件]敬爱的史先生,我叫瑞娜塔,不知您是否还记得我,以前我和古斯特生了一个儿子,名叫林贵尼,请您务必要多多关照他…
[遗嘱]我死后两年内,如果有子嗣,即可继承我的餐厅和一切财产…
[遗嘱]若无存活之子嗣,继承权将由…
[信件]但请您务必不要告诉林贵尼…
He's your son?
他是你儿子?
- I have a son? - How Could you Not know this?
- 我有儿子? - 你居然不知道?
I am a figment of your imagination. You did not know, how could I?
我是你幻想出来的,你都不知道,我怎么会知道?
Well, your son is the rightful owner of this restaurant!
你儿子是这家餐厅合法的继承人
No! No! The rat!
不!不!老鼠!它…
- Sorry, chef. - The rat! Lt's stolen my documents!
- 对不起,大厨 - 那只老鼠偷了我的文件
- It's getting away! - Hey, Mr. Chef!
- 让开! - 他逃了!
You!
你!
- Get out of my office. - He's not in your office. You are in his.
- 滚出我的办公室 - 不是他在你的办公室,是你在他的办公室
Bottoms up, Linguini!
干杯,恭喜林贵尼!
Cheers, ja.
来,干!
后起之秀厨师,继承古斯特餐厅
古斯特餐厅新老板,新作风
古斯特餐厅的明日之星
- Chef! Chef! - Chef Linguini!
- 大厨!大厨! - 林贵尼大厨!
Your rise has been meteoric, yet you have no formal training.
您迅速成名,然而却非科班出身
What is the secret to your genius?
精湛的厨艺是否有什么秘密?
Secret? You want the truth?
秘密?你…你真想知道?
I am Gusteau's son. It's in my blood I guess.
我是古斯特的儿子,我猜…是因为身上留着他的血
But you werert aware of that fact until very recently.
但您直到最近才知道这件事呀
No.
没错
And it resulted in your taking ownership of this restaurant.
你也因此继承了这个餐厅
How did you find out?
您是怎么发现的?
Well, some part of me just knew.
呃…我身上某部份的直觉吧
The Gusteau part?
古斯特的部份?
- Where do you get Your inspiration? - Inspiration has many names.
- 是谁给您的启发? - 我得感谢很多人
- Mine is named Colette. - what?
- 最要感谢的是…克莉特 - 什么?
Something's stuck in my teeth.
有东西卡在牙缝
Health Inspector.
卫生稽查员
I wish to report a rat infestation.
我要举报一起鼠患
It's taken over my...
大举出没在我的…呃…
Gusteau's restaurant.
呃…古斯特餐厅
Gusteau's, eh?
古斯特,是吗?
I can drop by. Let's see. First opening is three months.
我可以去看看,不过最快也得三个月后
It must happen now! It's a gourmet restaurant!
你必须马上去,因为是著名的美食餐厅
Monsieur, I have the information. If someone cancels, I'll slot you in.
先生,我记下了,让你候补,一有空缺,我马上去办
But the rat! You must...
可是…可是那老鼠,你必须…
lt stole my documents.
偷了我的文件
It's past opening time.
过了开门营业的时间
He should have finished an hour ago.
一小时前就该结束采访
Bonjour, ma cherie. Join us.
亲爱的,你好,一块聊聊吧
We were just talking about my inspiration.
我们正谈到我的灵感来源
Yes, he calls it his tiny chef.
对!他称那是“他的小厨师”
Not that, dearest. I meant you.
不是它啦,亲爱的,我指的是你
- It's him. - Ego?
- 是他 - 伊果?
Anton Ego!
安唐?伊果!
Is that Ego?
那是伊果吗?
I can't believe it.
真不敢相信
- you are Monsieur Linguini? - Hello.
- 你是林贵尼先生? - 你好
Pardon me for interrupting your premature celebration,
恕我打断你提前的庆祝
but I thought it only fair to give you a sporting chance
既然你是这行业的新手,为了公平的运动精神
as you are new to this game.
我给你次机会
- Game? - Yes.
- 比赛? - 对
And you've been playing without an opponent.
在没有对手的情况下获胜
Which is, as you may have guessed, against the rules.
你也猜得到,是违反比赛规则
You're Anton Ego.
你是…安唐?伊果?
You're slow for someone in the fast lane.
对快速窜红的人来说你反应真慢
And you're thin for someone who likes food.
你要是喜欢美食,怎么会这么瘦
I don't like food. I love it.
我不是喜欢美食,而是热爱美食
If I don't love it, I don't swallow.
菜色稍差,我决不下咽
I will return tomorrow night with high expectations.
我明晚会抱着极高的期望再来
Pray you don't disappoint me.
你最好别让我失望
Listen, we hate to be rude, but we're French, and it's dinnertime.
对不起,失礼了,我们是法国人,现在该是晚餐时间
She meant to say, "lt's dinnertime and we're French."
她的意思其实是“现在是晚餐时间,该吃法国菜”
Don't give me that look.
别那样看我
You were distracting me in front of the press.
在媒体面前,你一直让我分心
How am I supposed to concentrate with you yanking on my hair all the time?
你一直拉我头发,我如何能专心?
And that's another thing.
还有一件事
Your opinion isn't the only one that matters here.
你的意见可不是唯一的意见
Colette knows how to cook, too, you know.
你知道,克莉特也会做菜
All right, that's it!
噢!好!够了!
You take a break, Little Chef.
小厨师,你就休息一下吧
I'm not your puppet,
我不是你的傀儡
and you're not my puppet-controlling guy!
你也不是耍傀儡戏的人!
The rat is the cook.
原来是那老鼠做的菜
You cool off and get your mind right, Little Chef.
你最好在这给我冷静一点,小厨师
Ego is coming, and I need to focus!
伊果要来了,我得全心应付!
You stupid...
你这蠢蛋…
Wow. I have never seen that before.
哇…从没见你这样过
Yeah, it's like you're his fluffy bunny or something.
怒发冲冠像只毛绒绒的小白兔
I'm sorry, Remy.
雷米,对不起啦
I know there are too many guys.
我知道这次来太多了
- I tried to limit... - you know what?
- 我本想少带些… - 哪儿的话
Lt's okay. I've been selfish.
没事儿的,是我以前太自私
- you guys hungry? - are you kidding?
- 大伙儿饿了吗? - 还用说
All right. Dinner's on me. We'll go after closing time.
今晚我请客,快打烊时咱们就上
- in fact... - yeah.
- 还有… - 我听着…
...tell Dad to bring the whole clan.
要老爸把全族人都带上
Little Chef?
小厨师?
This is great, Son. An inside job. I see the appeal.
太好了,儿子,外神通内鬼,这个我喜欢
Little Chef?
小厨师?
Little Chef?
小厨师?
Hey, Little Chef.
嗨,小厨师
I thought you went back to the apartment.
我以为你回我公寓去了呢
Then when you werert there, I don't know...
你不在时,我…我手足无措…
It didn't seem right to leave things the way that we did, so...
我不该把事情弄得这么僵
Look, I don't want to fight.
听着,我不该跟你争执
I've been under a lot of, you know, pressure.
我…压力…很大
A lot has changed in not very much time, you know?
短时间内的变化太大了,知道吗?
I'm suddenly a Gusteau.
我突然变成了古斯特的家人
And I got to be a Gusteau or, you know,
有其父,必得有其子,对吧
people will be disappointed.
否则会让大家失望
It's weird.
这感觉好奇怪
You know, I've never disappointed anyone before,
我这辈子没让人失望过
because nobody's ever expected anything of me.
因为从来没人对我抱什么期望
And the only reason anyone expects anything from me now
现在别人之所以对我期望这么高
is because of you.
都是因为你
I haven't been fair to you.
我辜负了你
You've never failed me, and I should never forget that.
你从来没让我失望,这点我决不会忘记
You've been a good friend.
你一直都是我哥们
The most honorable friend a guy could ever ask...
一个最难得,最忠诚的哥们…
What is this?
什么呀?
What's going on?
发生什么事?
You're...
你…你们…
You're stealing food? How could you?
你偷东西?你怎能这样?
I thought you were my friend! I trusted you!
我一直把你当成最信任的朋友
Get out! You and all your rat buddies!
出去…你和你那群鼠辈们
And don't come back
别再回来了
or I'll treat you the way restaurants are supposed to treat pests!
否则我就用一般餐厅灭鼠的方法来对付你们
You're right, Dad. Who am I kidding?
你说得对,老爸,是我自欺欺人
We are what we are, and we're rats.
我们本性难移,我们是老鼠
Well, he'll leave soon, and now you know how to get in.
他马上就会离开,你也知道怎么进去
Steal all you want.
尽情地去偷吧
- You're not coming? - I've lost my appetite.
- 你不去? - 我没胃口
Do you know what you would like this evening, sir?
先生,今晚想点什么?
Yes, I'd like your heart roasted on a spit.
我要串烤你的心
Come in!
请进
Today's the big day. You should say something to them.
今天是大日子,你应该跟他们说说话
- Like what? - you are the boss. Inspire them.
- 说什么呢? - 你是老板,鼓励他们呀
Attention.
注意
Attention, everyone.
大家…注意
Tonight is a big night.
今晚至关重要
Appetite is coming, and he's going to have a big ego.
很难伺候的人要来了,他有多“疑”难测的人“格”
I mean, Ego. He's coming. The critic.
我是说…伊果…会来,那个食评家
And he's going to order something.
他将会点菜
Something from our menu.
从我们的菜单上点
And we'll have to cook it, unless he orders something cold.
除非他点冷食…不然我们就得热烹
Just can't leave it alone, can you?
你还是放不下心,对吧?
You really shouldn't be here during restaurant hours. It's not safe.
餐厅营业的时间,你不该来,很危险
I'm hungry!
我饿了
And I don't need the inside food to be happy.
我不是非得吃厨房里的食物才行
The key, my friend, is to not be picky.
但是老弟,秘诀在于不要挑剔
- Observe. - No, wait!
- 瞧仔细咯 - 不要,等等!
- Oh, no! No, no! What do we do? - I'll go get Dad.
- 糟糕,我们该怎么办? - 我去找老爸来
You might think you are a chef but you are still only a rat.
就算你自认是个厨师,你也只不过是只老鼠
Sure he took away a star last time he reviewed this place.
虽然他在最后一次评论中给我们降了一个星级
Sure it probably killed... Dad.
或许我爸就是因此忧郁而死
- This is very bad juju right here. - But I'll tell you one thing...
- 这简直像在施魔咒 - 但我可以这么告诉大家…
- Ego is here. - Ego? he is here?
- 伊果来了 - 伊果?他到了?
Anton Ego is just another customer. Let's cook!
他只不过是普通客人,准备上菜!
Yeah! Let's...
对,大家准备…
Okay.
好啦
So I have in mind a simple arrangement.
我们来谈个简单的交易
You will create for me a new line of Chef Skinner frozen foods.
你替我设计一系列“史大厨”牌冷冻食品
And I, in return, will not kill you.
我就饶你不死
Au revoir, rat!
再见啦,小老鼠!
Do you know what you would like this evening, sir?
先生,您今晚决定要点什么了吗?
Yes, I think I do.
嗯,我想好了
After reading a lot of overheated puffery about your new cook,
看过一堆对你们新厨师追捧过热的报导后
you know what I'm craving?
知道我最想吃什么吗?
A little perspective.
小小的创意
That's it. I'd like some fresh, clear, well seasoned perspective.
就这样,我要一客原创又好吃的菜
Can you suggest a good wine to go with that?
你建议用什么酒来配呢?
- with What, sir? - Perspective. Fresh out, I Take it?
- 先生,酒要配什么? - 创意呀…应该会是原创吧?
I am...
我…
Very well. Since you're all out of perspective
好吧,既然你一点创意都没
and no one else seems to have it in this bloody town,
这鬼地方也没其他餐厅有
I'll make you a deal.
那我就妥协一下
You provide the food, I'll provide the perspective.
你只管上菜,创意部份我自己来
Which would go nicely with a bottle of Cheval Blanc 1947.
这才能匹配一瓶47年的白马堡红酒
I'm afraid I...
这恐怕…我…
Your dinner selection?
您到底点的是什么?
Tell your Chef Linguini that I want whatever he dares to serve me.
告诉你们的林贵尼大厨,只要他敢上,什么都行
Tell him to hit me with his best shot.
叫他尽管使出他的看家本领
I will have whatever he is having.
不管它点什么,也请给我来一份
- so, we have given up. - Why do you say that?
- 我们就…这么放弃啦? - 你为何这么说?
We are in a cage inside the car trunk
我们在后车厢的笼子里
awaiting a future in frozen food products.
坐等我们冷冻食品的未来
No, I'm the one in a cage. I've given up.
不对,只有我在笼子里,是我放弃
You are free.
你…很自由
I am only as free as you imagine me to be.
我被局限在你自由的想像中
As you are.
你自由我才自由
Oh, please. I'm sick of pretending. I pretend to be a rat for my father.
你算了吧,我厌倦了虚伪,为了我爸,我假装是老鼠
I pretend to be a human through Linguini.
为了林贵尼,我假装是人类
I pretend you exist so I have someone to talk to!
我假装你存在,好有人说话
You only tell me stuff I already know!
你所说的一切,我都已经知道了
I know who I am! Why do I need you to tell me?
我知道自己是谁,不用你来告诉我
Why do I need to pretend?
我干嘛还需要伪装?
But you don't, Remy.
你确实不需要,雷米
You never did.
从来都不需要
No. My other left!
不!我另一个左边
Dad? Dad, I'm in here!
爸,爸,我在这儿!
I'm inside the trunk! What the...
我在后车厢里!怎么回事?
Dad!
老爸!
- Hey, little brother! - Emile!
- 嗨,小弟 - 艾米
I love you guys!
我爱死你们啦
Where are you going?
你去哪儿?
Back to the restaurant. They'll fail without me.
回餐厅去,没有我他们会失败
- Why do you care? - Because I'm a cook!
- 关你什么事? - 因为我是个厨师呀!
lt's your recipe.
菜是你做的
How can you not know your own recipe?
你现在居然跟我们说不知道怎么做?
I didn't write it down. It just came to me.
那只是临时起意,我没写下来
Then make it come to you again, ja? Because we can't serve this!
那就再起意一次,不就得了?我们怎能上这玩意!
Where's my order?
客人点的菜呢?
Can't we serve something else? Something I didn't invent?
不能给他们点别的菜吗?那些不是我发明的?
This is what they're ordering.
可客人点的就是这个呀
Make them order something else. Tell them we're all out.
叫他们点别的,就说原来点的卖完了
We cannot be all out. We just opened.
我们刚才开门营业,怎么可能卖完
I have another idea. What if we serve them what they order!
我有主意了,干脆就上客人点的菜
We will make it. Just tell us what you did.
你告诉我们怎么做这道菜,就行啦
I don't know what I did.
我也不知道当初怎么做的
We need to tell the customers something.
那怎么跟客人交代
Then tell them... Tell them...
那就去告诉他们…说…
- Don't do it. - Remy. Remy.
- 别去! - 雷米
Don't! Stop! They'll see you. Stop.
别去,快停!他们会发现你的
We're not talking about me. We're talking about what to do right...
我们别谈是不是我要逼他,而是我们现在该怎么…
Rats!
老鼠!
- Remy! - Get my knife.
- 雷米 - …我有刀…
Don't touch him!
别!碰!他!
Thanks for coming back, Little Chef.
谢谢你回来,小厨师
I know this sounds insane, but...
我知道这听起来很荒唐,但…
Well, the truth sounds insane sometimes.
呃…有时事实就是很荒唐
But that doesn't mean it's not
荒唐不代表就不是…
the truth.
呃…事实
And the truth is, I have no talent at all.
事实上,我一点做菜的天赋都没
But this rat, he's the one behind these recipes.
这只老鼠才是幕后功臣
He's the cook. The real cook. He's been hiding under my toque.
他才是厨师,真正的厨师,他一直躲在我帽子里
He's been controlling my actions.
都是他在控制我的一举一动
He's the reason I can cook the food that's exciting everyone.
因为他,我才能做出让大家意想不到的菜
The reason Ego is outside that door.
也是伊果为什么会上门的原因
You've been giving me credit for his gift.
你们把他的天赋误以为是我的
I know it's a hard thing to believe.
我知道这很难令人相信,可是…嘿
But, hey, you believed I could cook, right?
但你们当初也相信我会做菜呀
Look, this works. It's crazy, but it works.
我想,这办法可以,虽然荒唐,但一定行…
We can be the greatest restaurant in Paris,
我们能成为巴黎首屈一指的餐厅
and this rat, this brilliant Little Chef, can lead us there.
这只老鼠,这天才小厨师能引领我们完成心愿
What do you say? You with me?
你们说呢?谁愿意留下?
Dad.
Dad, I don't know what to say.
爸,我不知该说什么
I was wrong about your friend and about you.
我误会了你的朋友…还有你
I don't want you to think I'm choosing this over family.
我希望你不要误会在我心中这些比家人更重要
I can't choose between two halves of myself.
你们对我都很重要,我无法选择
I'm not talking about cooking. I'm talking about guts.
我说的不是做菜,而说的是勇气
This really means that much to you?
这对你来说,真的这么重要?
We're not cooks, but we are family.
我们虽然不是厨师,但是一家人
You tell us what to do, and we'll get it done.
你怎么说,我们怎么做
- Stop that health inspector! - Delta Team, go, go, go, go!
- 快阻止那卫生稽查员! - 三角洲部队,快,快,快!
The rest of you stay and help Remy.
其他的人留下帮雷米
Team three will be handling fish. Team four, roasted items.
第3小队处理鱼,第4小队管烤箱
Team five, grill. Team six, sauces. Get to your stations. Let's go, go, go!
第5小队管火烤,第6小队管酱料,各就各位,快,快,快!
Those handling food will walk on two legs.
会接触食物的,只能用后脚走路
We need someone to wait tables.
我们需要外场服务生
I'm sorry for any delay, but we're a little short tonight.
对不起让您久等,今晚我们缺人手
Please, take all of the time you need.
没关系,慢慢来
He came in late one more time and all of a sudden he...
他刚又一次迟迟没出现,但突然之间…
Make sure that steak is nice and tenderized.
牛排要够嫩
Work it. Yeah. Stick and move. Stick and move.
用力,对啦,左勾拳,又勾拳
Easy with that sole meuniere. Less salt. More butter.
焦油比目鱼要用点心,少点盐,多点奶油
Only use the mimolette cheese.
只能用米诺雷奶酪
Whoa! Compose the salad like you were painting a picture.
做沙拉要像画画一样
Not too much vinaigrette on that salade composee.
什锦沙拉不可放太多醋
Don't let that beurre blanc separate. Keep whisking.
要一直搅拌,别让奶和油分离
Gently poach the scallops. Taste check. Spoons down.
干贝(带子)只能氽烫,让我尝尝,汤匙伸下来
Good. Too much salt. Good.
很好!盐太多!很好
Don't boil the consomme, it'll toughen the pheasant. Emile!
高汤不可大火煮沸,不然里面的雉肉会变硬,艾米
Sorry.
对不起
Colette, wait! Colette.
克莉特,别走!
- You came back. Colette... - Don't say a word.
- 你回来啦,克莉特,我… - 什么…都别说
If I think about it, I might change my mind.
我再想的话可能会改变主意
Just tell me what the rat wants to cook.
只要告诉我,那老鼠在做什么菜
Ratatouille? Lt's a peasant dish.
杂菜烩?那只是家常菜呀!
Are you sure you want to serve this to Ego?
你确定要做给伊果?
What? I am making ratatouille.
干嘛?我在做杂菜烩呀
Well, how would you prepare it?
那么,你想怎么做?
Ratatouille? They must be joking.
杂菜烩?呵…他们在开玩笑吧
No, it can't be.
呜…呃…怎么会这样
Who cooked the ratatouille? I demand to know!
杂菜烩是谁做的?我一定要知道!
I can't remember the last time
我已记不得最后一次是哪时
I asked a waiter to give my compliments to the chef.
请服务员转达我对厨师的赞美
And now I find myself in the extraordinary position
没想到这次这么巧
of having my waiter be the chef.
我的服务员就是厨师
Thanks, but I'm just your waiter tonight.
谢谢,不过今晚我只是你的服务员
Then who do I thank for the meal?
那这顿饭我该感谢谁呢?
Excuse me a minute.
对不起,我去去就来
You must be the chef...
你一定就是厨师…
If you wish to meet the chef, you will have to wait
如果你想见厨师
until all the other customer have gone.
就得等到其他客人都走了以后
So be it.
就这样
At first, Ego thinks it's a joke.
起初伊果认为是玩笑
But as Linguini explains, Ego's smile disappears.
可是当林贵尼向他解释时他脸上的笑容消失了
He doesn't react beyond asking an occasional question.
除了偶而问些普通的问题之外,他没再说什么
And when the story is done, Ego stands, thanks us for the meal...
解释完后,伊果起身谢过晚餐
Thank you for the meal.
谢谢你们的晚餐
...and leaves without another word.
便一言不发地走了
The following day his review appears.
第二天他写的评论就上了报
In many ways, the work of a critic is easy.
就很多方面来说,食评家的工作其实很简单
We risk very little, yet enjoy a position over those
相对于那些奉献自己,辛苦工作的厨师,我们只需
who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment.
高高在上地评断,不负什么责任
We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read.
尖酸刻薄的批评,往往给作者及读者带来莫大的乐趣,也很受欢迎
But the bitter truth we critics must face is that in the grand scheme of things,
但整体意义来说,一个严酷的事实,我们这些食评家都必须面对的是
the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful
随便什么平凡无奇的菜
than our criticism designating it so.
都有可能比我们批评它的评论更有意义
But there are times when a critic truly risks something
但有时我们也真的得冒很大的风险
and that is in the discovery and defense of the new.
去发掘和呵护新的人与事物
The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations.
这个世界对待新秀非常苛刻
The new needs friends.
新人新事需要朋友
Last night, I experienced something new,
昨晚我有了一次新的体验
an extraordinary meal from a singularly unexpected source.
一顿非凡的晚餐,却完全出自一个意想不到的人物
To say that both the meal and its maker
如果只是说厨师与餐点
have challenged my preconceptions about fine cooking
挑战了我对于烹饪艺术的既定成见
is a gross understatement.
就太轻描淡写了
They have rocked me to my core.
他们彻底震撼了我
In the past, I have made no secret of my disdain
过去我刻意丑化古斯特的格言:
for Chef Gusteau's famous motto, "Anyone can cook."
人人都能当厨师,不是什么秘密
But I realize only now do I truly understand what he meant.
直到现在,我才真正了解那句话的意义
Not everyone can become a great artist,
不是每一个人都能成为伟大的艺术家
but a great artist can come from anywhere.
但一位伟大的艺术家却可能出自任何地方
It is difficult to imagine more humble origins
很难想像古斯特餐厅里那些
than those of the genius now cooking at Gusteau's,
天才厨师们的出身是多么的卑微
who is, in this critic's opinion,
在我这食评家的眼里
nothing less than the finest chef in France.
他们是全法国最顶尖的厨师
I will be returning to Gusteau's soon, hungry for more.
我很快会再光顾古斯特餐厅,满足我的口腹之欲
It was a great night.
真是难忘的一晚
The happiest of my life.
我一生最快乐的
But the only thing predictable about life is its unpredictability.
但人生中唯一能预知的是“世事难料”
Well, we had to let Skinner and the health inspector loose,
最后我们还是得放了姓史的,还有那个卫生稽查员
and of course they ratted us out.
他们当然举发我们罗
The food didn't matter.
菜多好不重要
Once it got out there were rats in the kitchen,
一旦厨房有老鼠的消息走露
oh, man, the restaurant was closed
餐厅当然就关门大吉啦
and Ego lost his job and his credibility.
伊果丢了工作,也失了声望
But don't feel too bad for him.
但别替他难过
He's doing very well as a small business investor.
他现在投资一个小生意,挺好的
- he seems Very happy. - How do you know?
- 他似乎很快乐 - 你怎么知道?
Got to go. Dinner rush.
得走啦,晚餐尖峰时刻到了
You know how he likes it.
你很清楚他的口味
Thanks, Little Chef.
谢谢,小厨师
Can I interest you in a dessert this evening?
来道甜点如何?
- Don't you always? - Which one would you like?
- 这还用问? - 来点什么呢?
Surprise me.
给我来个惊喜
Can I interest you in a dessert this evening?
要不要我为你介绍今晚的甜点呢?
Hey, believe me, that story gets better when I tell it, okay?
这故事换我来说,一定更精彩
Come on. Bring some food over here, we're starving!
快上菜吧,我们饿死啦!