He's a Chief Inspector.
他是总督察
I reckon it's Communists he's after.
我猜他是要对共产主义分子下手
So this copper's going to leave us alone, right?
那个警察是不会来找我们麻烦的 对吧
I want you to see this as me introducing myself to you.
我希望你把这当做我对你的自我介绍
He said Mr. Churchill sent him to Birmingham.
他说是丘吉尔阁下派他来伯明翰的
Something about a robbery.
跟盗窃案有关
Thomas, you are a bookmaker, you're not a fool...
汤玛斯 你经营赌马公司 但你不傻
You sell those guns to anyone who has use for them,
你敢把枪卖给任何一个能发挥其用武之地的人
I am just a poor communist frog with a big mouth.
我只是个多嘴的共产主义穷小子
cos you're the only man round here not scared of them.
因为你是这里唯一不怕他们的男人
The only difference between you and me, Freddie,
弗莱迪 你和我之间唯一的区别
is that sometimes my horses stand a chance of winning.
就是有时我的马还有可能赢
You fixing races now?
你现在还操纵比赛了吗
I'm here about the job as barmaid.
我是来应聘酒吧女侍的
Are you in position?
你打入进去了吗
I thought you said we were going to the fair.
我以为你是要带我们去集市呢
We have business first. Come on.
先谈生意要紧 下车吧
- What business? - That's the Lee family.
-谈什么生意 -那是李氏家族的人
Tommy, how the hell are you?
汤米 你最近怎么样
All the better for getting the city smoke out of me lungs.
出城呼吸下新鲜空气 人清爽多了
I thought you became a bit too grand for us.
我以为你现在已经看不上我们了
I'm riding with the Lee family now.
我现在跟着李氏家族做事
Myself, I'd rather live among pigs.
换做是我 我宁可跟猪住在一起
Come on, Tommy. No disputing.
行了 汤米 别引发争端
So, your first fair since France...?
自你从法国回来后第一次来集市吗
What do you know about France,
你知道法国什么事啊
you war-shy Gypsy bastard?
你个怕打仗的吉普赛小杂种
So this is the horse.
就是这匹马吧
And that's the car.
就是那辆车吧
You are not swapping the family car for a bloody horse.
你不会想要拿家庭用车换那匹该死的马吧
Of course we're not swapping it.
当然不是交换
That would be mad.
那简直是疯了
We're going to play two-up.
我们要用抛双币来决定
I knew it. I knew it.
我就知道 就知道
Tommy, you bloody idiot.
汤米 你个该死的白痴
Shut up, Arthur, I won.
闭嘴 亚瑟 我赢了
I promised Johnny I'd let him
我答应过约翰尼如果他输了
have a spin in the car if he lost.
就让他开车出去兜一圈
Are you Lee boys laughing at my brother?
你们这帮姓李的小子们是在笑话我大哥吗
- Tommy. - I asked you a question!
-汤米 -我问你们话呢
Tommy, come on, it's just the craic...
汤米 好了 他们就是图个乐而已
Get your family out of here and go and enjoy yourselves at the fair
带你的家人离开这 好好逛集市去吧
before they start a war.
别让他们挑起争端
快点 走啊 他们出生于上流家庭他们的祖父曾是称霸一方的王
Yeah, but his mother was a Didicoy whore.
没错 但他妈妈就是个吉普赛婊子
We will take them before last night's beer
我们要赶在他们昨晚喝的啤酒化成尿
turns to piss and wakes the devils up.
在他们心中的邪恶苏醒前 将他们一举抓获
We will leave no stone unturned.
我们不要放过任何地方
Every gun, every bullet
每把枪 每颗子弹
will be brought to me for inspection.
都要带回来做进一步检查
take your positions.
各就各位吧
Don't hit me! Get off me!
不要打我 放开我
You're sure your brothers are at the fair?
你确定你的兄弟们都去集市了吗
If it was them they wouldn't knock.
他们才不会敲门呢
The police are rounding up the communists.
警察正在围捕共产主义分子
if the cops find me we are screwed.
如果警察找到我 我们就完蛋了
- Freddie Thorne, open up! - Ada...
-弗莱迪·索恩 快开门 -艾达
You have to jump, Ada. I'll catch you.
你得跳下来 艾达 我会接住你
A prescription for iron tablets...
一张铁元素补充剂的处方
for Ada fucking Shelby.
患者是该死的艾达·谢尔比
Mrs. Donovan, I need that favour.
多诺万太太 我需要你帮忙
- Come in and be quick. - I'm not coming in. She is.
-速度进屋 -不是我要进去 是她
Holy Jesus, it's the Shelby girl.
我的老天 是谢尔比家的女孩
You have not seen her with me, Mrs. Donovan.
别说你看到过她跟我在一起 多诺万太太
Give her a cup of tea and
请她喝杯茶
let her stay until the police have gone.
等警察走了再让她离开
She's the sister of those Peaky Blinder devils...
她是那帮剃刀党恶魔的妹妹
And yet she is an angel.
但她却是位天使
What are you going to do, Freddie?
你要怎么办 弗莱迪
Me? I'm going to have to leave town for a bit.
我吗 我得出城避避风头
A gentleman would take off his hat...
真正的绅士会摘下他的帽子
and put out his pipe.
熄灭他的烟斗
I see you Specials only dare to come here
我发现你们这帮特派员只有在
when you know the boys are away at the fair.
那帮小子们去集市时 才敢来这里
You mean your nephews...
你是说你的外甥们吗
with their guns and their razors?
天天挥舞着他们的枪跟剃刀
Is it them you're lighting candles for?
你是在为他们点蜡烛吗
I am lighting candles for the boys from the Garrison
我是为那些早逝的加里森青年们点的
who lost their lives in France.
他们牺牲在了法国
There's a list there.
那里有份名单
I hear you didn't make it to France, Inspector Campbell.
我听说你没去过法国 坎贝尔总督察
You've heard of me.
你听说过我
I've heard of you.
我也听说过你
Is it the Holy Grail you're looking for...?
你是在找圣杯吗
As a matter of fact...
事实上
it is the Holy Grail I'm looking for.
我就是在找圣杯呢
Something precious. Something stolen.
那是些宝贝 但却被偷了
Perhaps you know what I'm talking about.
或许你明白我指的是什么
Sorry, I misunderstood your intention
真抱歉 您这样把我抵在墙上
when you pushed me to the wall.
我误会您的意思了
Turn the place upside down.
把这儿给我翻个底朝天
Arthur Shelby said you people would help us.
亚瑟·谢尔比说你们愿意帮忙
If we don't know what you've lost, how can we help you find it?
我们都不知道你丢了什么 要怎么帮忙找
But I've found out subsequently that I was speaking to the wrong man.
但后来我意识到我是找错了人
Next time I want to talk to the boss.
下次 我要找老大问话
The Lickey Tea Rooms. Friday. Ten o'clock.
利奇茶馆 周五十点
And when I say the boss, I mean Thomas.
我说的老大 是指汤玛斯
The scum of the Earth...
真他妈的
Now what the bloody hell's been going on here?
这儿他妈是出了什么事了
The coppers told everyone Arthur had agreed to it when he was arrested.
警察跟大家说这是亚瑟被捕时允许了的
They said the Peaky Blinders
他们说剃刀党
had cleared out to the fair to let them do it.
故意去集市躲避着 好让他们动手
I never said nothing to that copper
我可没跟那警察说
about smashing up bloody houses...
他们可以来砸人家的房子
All right... which pubs did they do?
行了 他们去搜查了哪些酒吧
The Guns, the Chain, the Marquis.
火枪酒吧 铁链酒吧和侯爵酒吧
All the ones that pay you to protect them.
都是交了保护费的
The only one they didn't touch was the Garrison.
就是没去加里森
Make sure people think we were in on it.
好让人们相信这事是我们主使的
He's smart, this copper.
那个警察很精明
Drink your beers, get out.
把酒喝了 然后出去
You'd better show people you're still the cocks of the walk.
你们得让大家知道你们仍旧是这里管事的
Hand out some cash to the landlords of the pubs.
给酒吧的房东拿些钱
Pay some veterans to fix the places up.
雇几个老兵去把那儿修好
Oi, Nipper. Give us the bag.
伙计 把包给我
So, what about you, Tommy?
你呢 汤米
I have to go to Charlie's to stable the horse.
我得把马牵去查理那儿
She looked foot-sore in the box.
它似乎生了脚疮
Let them see your faces.
让他们看见你
So we both know what they were looking for.
我们都知道他们到底在找什么
You don't read the papers.
你不读报纸吗
So let me tell you the odds.
那我跟你说说情况吧
I reckon it's three to one there'll be a revolution.
我敢以三赔一的赔率打赌会发生革命
I wouldn't bet on that.
我可不会拿这种事打赌
That copper's betting on it.
那个警察也赌会这样
He's not going to let it rest till he gets those guns back.
他不找回那些枪是不会罢休的
Did he talk to you, Pol?
他找你谈过了吗 波莉
Did he try to find our Ada?
他还去找艾达了吗
Where was she sleeping, Pol?
她在哪睡的 波莉
I thought you didn't care for women's business.
我以为你不在乎女人的事呢
He knows you're the boss.
他知道你才是老大
He wants to meet you.
他要见你
Will you talk to him?
你会去跟他谈谈吗
you don't parley when you're on the back foot.
处于守势的人不能谈判
We'll strike a blow back first.
我们得先回击一拳
Finn, lad? What are you doing?
芬恩 你干什么呢
We're having a fire.
我们要点火了
Two bob for your picture of the King.
两先令换国王的画像
Bring it to Watery Lane.
拿去清水巷
- All right, Finn, lad. - All right, Scud.
-芬恩 好伙计 -斯卡德 你好啊
We are blocking the entrance, mate.
我们要把入口拦住
Come on, keep making your way through. Come on.
来 继续往前走 来吧
Come on, gentlemen.
来吧 先生们
Chuck them on, boys.
丢进去吧 伙计们
Well, I hope to God you know what you're doing.
我希望你明白自己在干什么
I'm a reporter with the Birmingham Evening Despatch.
我是《伯明翰晚报》的记者
I had a phone call.
我接到电话赶来的
Someone called Thomas Shelby.
是个叫汤玛斯·谢尔比的人
Come on, folks, give us a bit of room.
来 借过
- Move back for us, please, folks. - You're Mr Shelby?
-大家让一让 -您是谢尔比先生
- All the way back, please. - I am.
-大家退后一点 -正是
You said I would be protected.
你说我不用担心安全
There are some things I want you to write down.
我要你写点东西
it's not that people round here are disloyal to the King.
并不是这里的人民不效忠国王
You see, we don't want our beloved King looking down
是这样 我们不想让敬爱的国王看到
and seeing the things that are being done to us.
我们遭受的不公待遇
So we are taking down his pictures.
所以我们摘下了他的画像
But why are you burning them?
但你为什么要烧掉呢
We went through hell for our King.
我们为国王九死一生
Walked through the flames of war. Write all this down...
走过战火 把这都写下来
And now we're being attacked in our own homes.
如今却在自己家门口受到攻击
These new coppers over from Belfast,
那些从贝尔法斯特来的新警察
breaking into our homes
他们闯进我们家
and interfering with our women.
骚扰我们的女人
We don't think our King would want to see that happening.
我们认为国王肯定不忍看到这样的事情
So, we're lighting fires to raise the alarm.
所以我们点火警示世人
May I ask you, in what capacity do you speak?
我能问您 您是什么身份吗
I am an ordinary man.
我只是一介草民
I won Gallantry Medal at the Somme.
我在索姆河一役中赢得了英勇勋章
I want you to write in your paper what's going on here.
我要你在你的报纸上刊登这里发生的事
there's a telephone call for you, sir, on the London line.
有电话找您 长官 是伦敦打来的
There is? It's almost midnight.
是吗 这都要午夜了
It's Mr Winston Churchill, sir.
是温斯顿·丘吉尔先生 长官
Inspector Campbell?
坎贝尔督察
I hear there has been a bonfire in your city.
我听说你城里有人聚众焚烧
There was a small fire reported around nine o'clock on Watery Lane.
是有报告称9点左右清水巷有几人在烧东西
But it was certainly nothing to trouble you about, sir.
不过您完全无需为这种小事担心 阁下
Ah, but I'm afraid it has troubled me.
但恐怕我已经在担心了
Half an hour ago I received a wire communication
半小时前 我收到一封
from the editor of the Birmingham Evening Despatch.
来自《伯明翰晚报》的编辑的电报
It seems one of his reporters was invited to the fire
他的一名记者受邀参加了焚烧聚会
and discovered that they were burning pictures of the King.
发现他们在焚烧国王的画像
Any newspaper report which may cause embarrassment to His Majesty
任何可能导致国王陛下难堪的报道
is always referred first
都是首要大事
and as a matter of routine to the Home Office.
也是内政部的例行公事
I will go down there immediately and arrest those involved.
我会立刻赶过去 逮捕涉案人员
No, you most certainly will not make arrests.
不 你绝对不能抓人
If there are arrests there will be trials,
你抓了人 就还得审讯
if there are trials there will be more newspaper reports,
一旦审讯 就会有更多报社报道
which will necessarily mention
而这必然会提到
the burning of the King's likeness.
焚烧国王画像的事情
I put you in Birmingham for one very specific reason.
我把你派到伯明翰有一个特殊原因
Are you any nearer to finding those stolen guns?
让你寻找失窃枪支一事到底有没有进展
We are making steady progress...
我们取得了一些进展
- Good night, Mr Campbell. - Sir...
-晚安 坎贝尔先生 -阁下
Could I at least ask, does this report
我能问问 那篇报道
name any of those involved?
有提到某些参与者的名字吗
It names a Mr Thomas Shelby.
提到了一个叫汤玛斯·谢尔比的
The report mentions he is a war hero.
报道提到他是一位战争英雄
Good of you to join us.
你终于出现了
- Where have you been all day? - In bed.
-你这一天都上哪儿去了 -躺床上啊
Then I couldn't wake up.
然后又睡得醒不来
Then I was cold and then I had to go for a wee.
后来我很冷 后来我不得不起床撒尿
Then I was with this bear on a boat,
我和一头熊同坐一条船
but that was a dream.
但那只是个梦
Then I was hungry.
再后来我就饿了
Why are you reading the paper?
你为什么要看报纸
Why wouldn't I be?
我为什么不能看
I've never seen you read the paper.
我从没看你读过报纸
I've only ever seen you light fires with them.
我只看过你拿来点火
The BSA are on strike.
伯明翰轻武器公司罢工了
The miners are on strike.
矿工罢工了
IRA are killing our boys ten a day.
爱尔兰共和军一天内杀了我们10个孩子
Hoi! What are you doing?
天啊 你在干什么
how late are you?
月经比正常晚来多久了
Seven if you count weekends. I think it's a lack of iron.
算上周末就七周了 我以为是因为缺铁
I got some tablets.
我拿了点药片
But they didn't work?
但不管用吗
You can get dressed now, love.
你可以穿上衣服了 亲爱的
So, am I or not?
那我到底有没有怀孕
Keep bloody walking, Ada.
赶紧走 艾达
If anybody sees us here they'll know.
被人看到我们在这儿 他们肯定会知道的
I'm not getting rid of it, Aunt Pol.
我不会打掉孩子的 波莉阿姨
Just come home and we'll talk about it.
回家后我们再商量这事儿
You get off me or I'll scream out, I swear.
你别抓着我 不然我就叫了 我发誓
All right, if you want to do this on the street, let's do it.
好 如果你想在大街上谈 那就开始吧
If I tell you, you'll tell them
如果我告诉你 你就会告诉他们
and they'll cut him to pieces.
他们会把他碎尸万段的
Not if he marries you they won't.
如果他娶了你 他们就不会那么做
I don't know. I don't know where he is.
我不知道 我不知道他上哪儿去了
- Jesus Christ, Ada. - He's gone away, but he said he'd come back.
-老天啊 艾达 -他跑了 但他说会回来的
Yeah, but they all say they'll come back.
是啊 男人都说自己会回来的
He's not like that. He's a good man. He promised.
他不是那种人 他是个好人 他保证过的
He will come back, Aunt Pol, I know he will.
他会回来的 波莉阿姨 我知道他会的
Get me down a Spanish saddle, Curly.
给我安上西班牙马鞍 科利
Yes, Tom, a Spanish saddle.
是 汤姆 西班牙马鞍
He's a beauty, Tom. Yeah, yeah, a beauty, Tom.
它可真漂亮 汤姆 美人儿啊 汤姆
A fine beast you got there, Thomas.
你这匹马真不赖啊 汤姆斯
But is he worth falling out with the Lee family over?
但真的值得你为此跟李家闹翻吗
Just passing it on...
我只是带个信
a declaration of war - the whole Lee clan.
宣战 整个李氏家族
The guns and now this.
先是枪 现在又是这个
The guns are not spoken of.
千万不要在任何场合提枪
you mind how you speak to me.
注意点你跟我说话的态度
Forgive me, Uncle.
原谅我 叔叔
It's Thomas Shelby against the whole bloody world, right?
汤姆斯·谢尔比要跟全世界作对 是吗
In France we used to say...
我们以前在法国时常说
In France we used to say
我们以前在法国时常说
it's just the music hall band turning up.
只是音乐厅的乐队来了
It's just trombones and tubas, that's all.
是长号和大号的声音 不过如此
It's just noise. Hey. It's just noise.
噪音罢了 只是点噪音而已
You get used to it.
你得学会适应
It's just noise. Good boy. Good boy.
噪音而已 好孩子 乖孩子
You have some pain there, boy, hey?
你脚掌疼是吗 小子
I'm so sorry, Mr Shelby.
我很抱歉 谢尔比先生
I'm Grace, by the way.
顺便说一下 我叫格蕾丝
I know who you are.
我知道你是谁
He doesn't have a name.
它还没名字呢
Poor boy deserves a name.
可怜的孩子 该给它取个名字
You have something to say to me?
你有事要跟我说吗
The other night you came into the pub and I was singing...
那天晚上你到酒吧的时候 我在唱歌
You said singing wasn't allowed.
你说这里不允许唱歌
I'd like there to be one night a week when there's singing.
我希望每周能有一个晚上允许唱歌
I think it would be good for everyone...
我觉得那对大家都好
Harry was too afraid to ask you, so...
哈里不敢问你 所以
But I love to sing.
但我热爱唱歌
You sound like one of those rich girls
你的口气听上去像是
who comes over from Dublin for the races.
那些从都柏林来参加赛马会的富家小姐
Do you like horses?
你喜欢马吗
How do you fancy earning some extra money?
你想挣点外快吗
Dig out a nice dress.
找件漂亮的礼服
I want to take you to the races.
我带你去赛马会
Monaghan Boy two to one.
摩纳根小子 一赔二
Get your bets in now before he goes evens.
在比赛开始前下注吧
We've got a couple of changes coming in, John.
我们的赔率有点小变动 约翰
Rock Ferry down to eight.
"石轮渡"跌到八了
- That's for you. - Thanks, mate.
-给你 -谢了 伙计
Get your bets in now.
赶快下注吧
- There you go, take that to the twins, yeah? - Yeah.
-好了 拿到双胞胎那去 -知道了
- Down to tens. - That's right.
-赔率跌到十了 -没错
OK, friend, Monaghan Boy.
好的朋友 我买摩纳根小子
You want to push out, mate,
要全部倒出来吗 老兄
cos it's going to go evens soon.
比赛就快开始了
Good one. Change of 35 pounds...
很好 找你35磅
I've told you... Sorry, Mr Shelby.
我告诉过你 抱歉 谢尔比先生
All right, Mr Shelby, how's it going?
谢尔比先生 最近好吗
- Hello, Frank, how's the leg? - Not bad.
-弗兰克 腿怎么样了 -还行
Nice to see you, son.
很高兴见到你 孩子
All right, Scudboat, how are we looking?
斯卡德伯特 情形如何
- Looking good, Tommy. - Grand stuff.
-挺好的 汤米 -真是好东西
Tommy, they are all here for Monaghan Boy.
汤米 人们都跑来押摩纳根小子
That's what I like to hear, Johnny Boy.
我就爱听这个 约翰尼小子
And Aunt Pol wants to see you.
波莉阿姨想见你
Tell me the man's name, Ada.
告诉我那个男人是谁 艾达
Rudolph Valentino.
鲁道夫·瓦伦蒂诺[影星]
Get out! All of you!
出去 全都出去
I said, tell me his fucking name.
我说 把那个狗日的名字告诉我
Freddie fucking Thorne!
该死的弗莱迪·索恩
Your best mate since school!
你的同窗好友
The man who saved your life in France!
那个在法国救你一命的男人
Cut him up and chuck him in the cut.
把他绞碎抛尸去吧
Oi! I'm a Shelby too, you know.
喂 我也是谢尔比家的人
Put my fucking film back on!
给我他妈的继续放电影
So Monaghan Boy finally lost.
摩纳根小子终于输了
Third time unlucky.
第三次就是最不幸的
We took money from all over the city.
我们把整个城市的钱都席卷来了
Yeah, but you'll pay it back to people round here.
是啊 但你得把附近街坊的钱送回去
Buy your popularity back.
买回你的声望
I taught you well.
我把你教得很好啊
And you fixed this race without the permission of Billy Kimber.
没得到比利·肯波的允许你就操控赛马
Obviously, I didn't teach you well enough.
很显然 我把你教得还不够好
Rule one, you don't punch above your weight.
第一条规矩 不要挑战远超自己实力的人
Billy Kimber is there for the taking...
比利·肯波我们是可以对付的
Says who? Says Tommy and his parliament of one.
谁说的 汤米和他手下的散兵游勇吗
I ran this business for five years...
我掌管了5年的家族事业
Yeah, while I was away fighting, remember,
是啊 我出国打仗去了 记住
where I learnt some things, such as
我在战场上可是学到一些东西的 比如
you strike when your enemy is weak.
敌弱我攻
I thought you came here to talk family business.
我以为你过来是为了谈家事呢
- You're too busy taking over the world... - Polly...
-你一心忙于掌控全世界 -波莉
If it's about Ada, I need to know.
如果是关于艾达的事 我需要知道
Ada wants you to give Freddie this letter.
艾达让你把这封信交给弗莱迪
She wants Freddie to know she's having his baby.
她想告诉弗莱迪她怀孕了
He deserves an opportunity to do the right thing.
他需要一个机会来做正确的事
I say we give them a chance.
我觉得我们该给他们一个机会
For a woman who's had a hard life with men,
作为一个爱情之路坎坷痛苦的女人
you're still full of romance, eh?
你仍然充满着浪漫情怀 是吧
What do you think Freddie sees in our Ada?
你觉得弗莱迪看上我们艾达哪点了
- That's Freddie's business... - No.
-那是弗莱迪的事 -不
No. I'll tell you what he sees.
不 我来告诉你答案
He sees machine guns, and rifles, and ammunition,
他看上的是机枪 来福枪 军火
and some glorious revolution.
和什么狗屁的光荣革命
What is it you really don't like about Freddie?
你究竟不喜欢弗莱迪哪点
She'll have no life with a man on the run.
她跟着亡命徒是不会幸福的
If you can't see that,
如果你看不明白这一点
you can't see much.
你就很难看清一切的事
Damn them for what they did to you in France.
该死的 他们在法国究竟对你做了什么
Tell Ada Freddie went to America.
告诉艾达 弗莱迪去美国了
Polly, it would do no good for Ada
波莉 让艾达一个人把孩子生下来
to bring a baby into the world alone.
对她没有任何好处
The truth is you would have hit me with that thing
事实上 你之所以没用那个东西打我
if it weren't for the fact that you know I'm right.
就因为你心里很清楚我说的是对的
I thought I heard someone knocking.
我好像听到有人敲门
Couldn't get back to sleep.
然后就睡不着了
The longer you leave it...
你拖得越久
the worse it gets.
结果就越糟糕
And I didn't dare tell anyone.
不敢告诉任何人
Polly, Freddie will come back...
波莉 弗莱迪会回来的
In the end I did it myself.
最后是我自己下的手
I did it to myself...
我亲手打掉了孩子
and I almost died.
我差点就死了
And he didn't come back.
他没回来
They don't. Why should they?
他们都不会回来的 他们干嘛要回来
You know the words.
你知道人们会怎么说
the baby's a bastard...
孩子是私生子
but there's no word for the man who doesn't come back.
但远走高飞的男人却不会受到谴责
on your wedding day...
在你的婚礼上
you'll have a good man on your arm...
你会手挽着一个好男人
and you'll say, "Polly...
然后你会说 "波莉
"Thank you for common sense."
谢谢你当时点醒我"
This woman is in Cardiff.
卡迪夫那边有个女人
We'll take the train tomorrow.
我们明天坐火车去找她
Go to the castle afterwards for a treat.
事后去城堡玩玩
I chose this place because it is outside both our jurisdictions.
我选这个地方是因为这里在你我的辖区之外
Inspector, I responded to your invitation
总督察 我应邀前来
because I want us to understand each other.
是为了达成共识
I am a businessman.
我是个生意人
I want to make my business successful.
我希望我的生意兴隆
And I want my city to run peacefully.
而我希望我的城市和平安宁
Well, if the city is peaceful, business can thrive.
只有城市和平 生意才能兴旺
So we are on the same side?
这么说我们目标一致
I think perhaps we could be.
我觉得或许是的
How can we be on the same side when I see things like this?
但有这种东西存在 我们怎么达成一致
in the bedroom of a known communist.
共产主义分子的卧室里找到的
It has your sister's name on it.
上面有你妹妹的名字
It was obvious she had been sleeping in his bed.
很明显她和他同床了
Are you also in bed with the communists,
你和共产主义分子也同床共梦吗
I do not share their fantasy.
我不相信他们的白日梦
And, as for my sister, I have already dealt with the situation.
至于我妹妹的事 我已经处理好了
Freddie Thorne is at the very top of my list.
我名单上的第一个人就是弗莱迪·索恩
He won't be returning to the city.
他不会再回这个城市了
I'll make him part of our deal.
我把他纳入我们的交易条件
You and your Specials will leave my businesses alone from now on.
你和你的特派员今后不得干涉我的生意
No more raids into our territory, no more smashing up pubs
不准搜查我们的地盘 不准砸我们的酒吧
and no more lifting my runners.
不准查缴我的走私船
You will turn a blind eye to all my gambling operations.
你必须无视我所有的赌博活动
Also, I am planning an expansion.
而且我准备扩张
Onto the racetracks.
进军赌马生意
I intend to do business with Billy Kimber.
我准备和比利·肯波合作
He runs most of the legal track-side betting outside of London.
他经营着伦敦以外大部分的合法赌马
He has policemen on his payroll.
他在警队有人
I want you to put in a word
我要你帮我
with the Chief Inspector Gloucestershire
给格洛斯特郡的总督察传句话
that his men should leave me alone when I make my move.
让他不要干涉我的行动
I don't seem to have a pen
我没带笔
to write down this rather long list of demands.
记不下这么多要求
And what do I get in return?
我能得到什么好处
I have what you're looking for.
我有你在找的东西
- I'm not here to play games... - Wait, wait.
-我不是来玩游戏的 -留步
25 Lewis machine guns,
25挺刘易斯机枪
50 carbines, 10,000 rounds of ammunition -
50把半自动步枪 10000盒弹药
all in a crate bound for Libya,
全装在板条箱里 准备送往利比亚
stolen from the BSA factory proofing bay.
从伯明翰轻兵器工厂的打样车间被偷
I'm guessing they sent you to Birmingham to get those guns back.
我猜他们派你来伯明翰是为了找回那些枪
Well, it's me that has them.
枪在我这里
I have left word with men I trust
我已给信任的人交代过
that if I am taken into police custody for whatever reason,
如果我因某种原因被警察拘禁
those guns will be shipped to Liverpool.
那些枪将被载至利物浦
From there they will be sent directly to Belfast
然后直接运到贝尔法斯特
and sold to the Irish Republican Army.
卖给爱尔兰共和军
All your good work in Ireland would be undone.
你们在爱尔兰的努力将化为乌有
Each stolen weapon is numbered and marked.
被偷的枪支上都有序列号和标记
If I sell them to the IRA, it won't be long
如果我卖给爱尔兰共和军 要不了多久
before Mr Churchill finds out.
丘吉尔先生就会发现
I imagine you got into enough trouble over
我想光是焚烧国王画像的事
the burning of the King's photographs.
已经让你焦头烂额了吧
That was just a taster.
那只是小试牛刀
If those guns reach Belfast,
如果那些枪抵达了贝尔法斯特
your life in the force is over.
你的警界生涯就结束了
When I have achieved what I have set out to achieve,
当我达到自己的目的后
I will let you know where to find the guns.
我会告诉你枪藏在哪
You'll be a hero. You'll probably get a medal.
你会成为英雄 说不定会获得勋章
It's a fair offer.
这个提议也很公平
But I'd prefer if we don't shake hands on it.
但我不想握手以示成交
Now why would I shake the hand of a man
我怎么会和一个
who didn't even fight for his country?
没为国家奋战过的人握手呢
I have new information.
我有新信息
'Thomas Shelby is now the beginning,
汤玛斯·谢尔比现在是
the middle' and the end of your mission.
你任务的全部内容
So what shall I do?
我该做什么
It hurts me as much as it would a father
我也很心痛 就像一个父亲
sending his own daughter into a whorehouse but...
亲手将女儿送进窑子一样 但是
no matter how repugnant it may be,
不管有多不堪
you must do everything you can to get close to him and...
你都必须不择手段地接近他 然后
find out where the guns are hidden.
查出枪藏在哪里
Of course, when I say everything, I don't mean...
当然了 我所说的"不择手段"不包括...
You underestimate me in every way.
你完全低估了我
'You are now active in a military operation' on behalf of the Crown.
你现在代表国王进行军事行动
I wish to God circumstance hadn't chosen you.
我真希望这个人不是你
It's what I'm trained for.
我受训练就是为了这个
I'm late for my shift.
我上班要晚了
my heart is with you.
我心与你同在
Tom, you better come quick. Tom!
汤玛斯 快来 汤玛斯
It's a curse, Tom.
这是个诅咒 汤玛斯
Tell me, Curly, what's wrong with your horse?
告诉我 科利 你的马出什么事了
You bought her at the fair in bad feeling.
你在集市上买下它时情况就不好
The Lees put a bad seed in the hoof,
李氏家族的人在马蹄掌中埋下了恶毒的种子
got an old woman to put a spell...
让一个老妇人下了咒
So those Lee bastards cursed her.
所以李氏家族那些混蛋诅咒了它
Whatever it is, he says it's spread to the other feet.
不管是什么 他说反正会传染给另外的脚
It's going to his heart by tomorrow, I'd say.
我敢说明天感染就要直达心脏了
Seen curses like this twice.
我见过两次这种诅咒
Can't take them back, Tom. No.
根本没办法撤销 汤姆 做不到
I told you, Tommy.
我告诉过你 汤米
Better enemies to have than black-blood Gypsies.
流淌着黑色血液的吉普赛人是最惹不起的敌人
We're closed, Mr Shelby.
我们打烊了 谢尔比先生
Just get me a drink.
给我一杯酒
Should I leave you alone?
我该让您一个人待着吗
I came here for company.
我是来找人作陪的
He took the night off.
他今晚不值班
He went to the pictures.
他去看电影了
How's your beautiful horse?
你那匹美丽的宝马怎么样了
I just put a bullet in his head.
我刚刚一枪结束了它的生命
He looked at me the wrong way.
它看我的眼神不对
It's not a good idea to look at Tommy Shelby the wrong way.
看汤米·谢尔比的眼神不对 下场是很悲惨的
- What a waste. - Yeah.
-真可惜了 -是啊
A waste is what it is.
确实很可惜
You know, in France...
其实 在法国
In France, I got used to seeing men die.
在法国时 我已经习惯了见人死亡
I never got used to seeing horses die.
我却从没习惯见到马死亡
I dug out a dress like you asked.
我按照你的要求找出了一件礼服
Is it Cheltenham you're talking about?
你说的是切尔滕纳姆赛马场对吧
Cheltenham's a grand affair, is it not?
切尔滕纳姆那边的盛会 对吧
The King will be there.
国王也会出席的
King Billy Kimber...
是比利·肯波国王
And what must I do?
我需要做什么
For two pounds, you'll do what I ask you to do.
给你两英镑 你要对我言听计从
If I'm meeting a King, I won't be wearing a cheap dress.
如果我是要见一个国王 我可不能穿廉价的礼服
And I asked you to let me sing.
我要求你允许我唱歌
That's part of the deal now too.
那也是条件之一
Since you nearly smiled.
从你差点露出笑容那一刻起
Saturday nights, open and easy.
周六晚上 气氛轻松
Everyone gets to sing their song
每个人都可以唱自己想唱的歌
just like we did in Dublin.
就像我们在都柏林时一样
You never worked in Dublin...
你从没在都柏林工作过
so don't lie to me.
别再骗我了
I asked around about that pub you said you used to work in.
我打听过你说你曾经工作过的酒吧
I have friends over there.
我在那边是有朋友的
No-one has heard of you.
没人听说过你
you're a girl from a good family who got herself pregnant.
你曾出身于上层家庭 却不小心怀了孕
It's not something I want known.
我不喜欢别人知道这种事
And bringing a child into the world alone ruined your life.
独自生下孩子完全毁了你的生活
and Polly is wrong.
波莉是错的
It looks like it matters to you.
似乎对你很重要
You won't tell anyone my secret.
你不会对别人说我的事吧
Do you think I tell people things?
你以为我会对任何人说任何事吗
So what do you sing?
你会唱什么歌
- Anything you want. - Right.
-你想听什么都可以 -好吧
Get up on a chair.
站到椅子上去
But I warn you, I'll break your heart.
但我想提醒你 我会让你心碎的
*In a neat little town they call Belfast*
*在一个叫做贝尔法斯特的小镇*
*Apprentice to trade I was bound*
*我曾在那里做学徒*
*Many an hour's sweet happiness. Had I spent in that neat little town
*我曾在那美丽的小镇 度过很多快乐时光*
*A sad misfortune came over me*
*有一天我遭遇不幸*
*Which caused me to stray from the land
*让我远离了那片土地*
*Far away from my friends and relations*
*远离我的朋友和亲人*
*Betrayed by the black velvet band*
*被黑色绒缎带背叛*
*Her eyes, they shone like diamonds*
*她的眼睛 闪耀着钻石般的光芒*
*I thought her the queen of the land*
*我以为她是这片土地的女王*
*And her hair, it hung over her shoulder*
*她的秀发 披在肩上*
*Tied up with a black velvet band.*
*用一根黑色绒缎带扎起*
- You OK? - Yeah, I'm fine.
-你还好吧 -嗯 我没事
I think there are some carriages over there
我觉得那边会有马车
that are going to be empty but...
肯定会是空的 但是
I got a tip-off.
有人向我通风报信了
Freddie, Tommy will kill you.
弗莱迪 汤米会杀了你的
It was Tommy who tipped me off.
就是汤米给我通风报信的
Maybe he's got half a heart after all.
或许他还是有点人性的
Tommy got a message to me.
汤米给我送了一条信息
It said "Get out of town and take her with you."
上面写着"离开这里 带上她一起走"
will you marry me?
你愿意嫁给我吗
Right, get on that bloody train and get out of here.
好了 快登上火车 赶紧离开这里
- Come on, both of you. - Freddie, come on.
-快点 你们两个 -弗莱迪 快来啊
Freddie, Cardiff's OK.
弗莱迪 卡迪夫那边很安全
Anywhere but here's OK.
只要不是这儿 在哪儿都安全
We're not going anywhere, Ada!
我们哪儿都不去 艾达
We're going to stay here and we're going to marry here.
我们要留在这里 在这儿结婚
I'm not afraid of Tommy Shelby!
我不怕汤米·谢尔比
*Give me your smile*
*让我看看你的微笑*
*The love light in your eyes*
*你眼里闪动的爱火*
Shuffle these cards...
把牌洗一洗
Go and play snap with Finn.
去跟芬恩玩响指游戏去吧
Did you want whiskey as well?
你也想要威士忌吗
Why no whiskey, Tommy?
为什么不喝威士忌 汤米
Are you expecting trouble?
你觉得待会儿会出乱子吗
Jesus Christ, Tommy, what the hell made you let them sing?
天啊 汤米 你何苦允许他们唱歌
They sound like they're strangling cats out there.
他们唱的就像是在勒死猫一样
All right, 20 to play. Come on.
好了 二十底注 来吧
What did make you change your mind though, Tommy?
你为什么改变主意了 汤米
Yeah, I mean, it's about time, Tommy.
是啊 现在也该是时候了 汤米
Time you took yourself a woman.
你该找个女人的时候
Just play the bloody hands.
玩你的牌去吧
You stay the way you are, Tommy.
你再继续这样下去 汤米
Remember what Dad used to say-
记住老爸曾经常说的话
"Fast women and slow horses...
"快换的女人 慢跑的马
"..Will ruin your life."
毁你一生没商量"
*Come, Josephine, in my flying machine*
*快来 乔瑟芬 来我的飞行器里*
*Balance yourself like a bird...*
*像鸟一样掌握着平衡*
It's Billy Kimber.
是比利·肯波
Is there any man here named Shelby?
这里有个叫谢尔比的人吗
I said, is there any man here named Shelby?
我问 这里有个叫谢尔比的人吗
Harry, get these men a drink.
哈里 给这些人上酒
Everyone else, go home.
其他人都回家吧
- But Mr Fenton said... - I said go home.
-但芬顿先生说 -我说让你回家去
I've never approved of women in pubs
我从没赞许过在酒吧里做工的女人
but when they look like that...
但长成这样的
You said you wanted men called Shelby.
你刚刚说要找叫谢尔比的人
You've got three of them.
我们这儿有三个
Right, I'd never heard of you,
好吧 我本来从来没听说过你
then I did hear of you,
但后来确实听说了
some little Didicoy razor gang. I thought to myself, so what?
组成了什么剃刀党 我就心想 那又怎样
But then you fuck me over
但之后你们狠狠坑了我一把
so now you have my undivided attention.
所以现在你们吸引了我全部的注意力
By the way, which one am I talking to? Who's the boss?
顺便问一句 我该跟谁谈 谁是老大
Well, I'm the oldest.
我是最年长的
Are you laughing at my brother?
你是在嘲笑我哥哥吗
Right, he's the oldest, you're the thickest.
好了 他是最年长的 你是最愚蠢的
I'm told the boss is called Tommy and I'm guessing that's you
我听说你们的老大叫汤米 我猜就是你了吧
cos you're looking me up and down
因为你不停地上下打量我
like I'm a fucking tart.
就像我是个妓女一样
I want to know what you want.
我想知道你要怎么样
There were suspicious betting patterns at Kempton Park.
坎普敦赛马场出现了可疑的赌马模式
A horse called Monaghan Boy.
事关一匹叫做摩纳根小子的马
He won by a length twice and then finished last
它前两次大举获胜 第三次却倒数第一
with 3,000 pounds bet on him.
当时压在它身上的赌资有3000英镑
Which one am I talking to?
我该跟谁谈才对
Which one of you is the boss?
你们两个哪个才是老大
I am Mr Kimber's advisor and accountant.
我是肯波先生的顾问和会计师
And I'm the fucking boss, OK?
我才是老大 明白吗
Right, end of parley,
好了 没什么好谈判的了
you fixed a race without my permission.
你们没经过我的允许操纵了比赛
You fucking Gypsy scum what live off the war pensions
你们这些吉普赛狗杂种 用诡计骗取了加里森街
of these poor old Garrison Lane widows!
那些可怜的寡妇们得到的战争抚恤金
That's your level!
那是你们才干的下贱的事
I am Billy Kimber, I run the races
我是比利·肯波 我运营的是赛马生意
and you fixed one of them
你们竟敢操纵一场比赛
so I'm going to have you shot against a post.
我一定要让你们死无葬身之地
That is my name on it.
上面刻的是我的名字
It's from the Lee family.
是李氏家族的人干的
You are also at war with the Lees, Mr Kimber, am I right?
你也在和他们交战 对吧 肯波先生
The Lees are attacking your bookies
李氏家族的人袭击了你的赌马生意
and taking your money.
抢走了你的钱
Your men can't control them.
你手下的人无法控制他们
Perhaps we should listen to what Mr Shelby has to say.
或许我们该听听谢尔比先生有什么话想说
Before we make our decisions.
然后再做决定
Right, the Lees are doing a lot of talking at the fairs.
好吧 李氏家族的人在集市上闲言碎语很多
They have a lot of kin.
他们的亲族很多
They're saying the racetracks are easy meat
他们说赛马生意是容易到手的肥肉
because the police are busy with strikes.
因为警察在忙着应付罢工事件
Now, we have connections.
现在 我们有了共同的联系
We know how they operate.
我们知道他们的运作方式
Together we can beat them.
我们合力可以打垮他们
Divided, maybe not.
但分而作战 就不一定了
Mr Kimber, perhaps we should take some time for reflection.
肯波先生 或许我们该花点时间仔细考虑一下
Possibly make arrangements for a second meeting.
或许再安排第二次会面
I admire you, Mr Kimber.
我很崇敬你 肯波先生
You started with nothing and built a legitimate business.
你白手起家 建立了合法的生意
It would be an honour to work with you, Mr Kimber.
如果能跟你合作真的很荣幸 肯波先生
Nobody works with me.
没人可以跟我合作
People work for me.
都只能在我手下工作
Pick it up, pikey.
捡起来吧 吉普赛小子
That's for your ceiling.
那是给你修补天花板的钱
Thank you, Mr Kimber.
谢谢你 肯波先生
We will be at Cheltenham.
我们会去切尔滕纳姆的
So you picked a fight with the Lees on purpose.
所以你是故意跟李氏家族那些人干架的
Tommy, we can't mess with Billy fucking Kimber.
汤米 我们不能惹狗日的比利·肯波
Get yourself a decent haircut, man.
去把你的头发理得好看一点 老哥
We're going to the races.
我们要去赛马场了