www.HDcmct.com
--==CMCT团队 荣誉出品==--影片压制; 如烟 字幕调校: 铭瑄招募Q号:76846146
在西元180年的冬天 马可·奥勒留皇帝(著名的哲学皇帝)
- Still nothing? - Not a sign.
- 还没有动静吗? - 完全没有
- How long has he been gone? - Nearly two hours.
- 他去了多久? - 将近两小时了
Will they fight, sir?
他们会开战吗? 长官?
We shall know soon enough.
我们很快就会知道了
Soldier, I ordered you to move those catapults forward.
士兵 把投石车往前挪点
- They're out of range. - Range is good.
- 射程不够远 - 射程没问题
- The danger to the cavalry... - Is acceptable. Agreed?
- 可能会误伤轻骑兵的... - 不用担心 同意吧?
People should know when they're conquered.
他们应该认命了 他们已被征服了
Would you, Quintus?
你会吗 昆塔斯?
- Strength and honor. - Strength and honor.
- 勇气与荣耀 - 勇气与荣耀
At my signal, unleash hell.
收到我的信号后就发动攻击
Load the catapults.
投石车准备
Infantry form up for advance.
步兵组成进攻队形
- Archers ready. - Archers!
- 弓箭手准备 - 弓箭手!
- Nock! - Nock!
- 搭箭! - 搭箭!
- Maximus! - Maximus!
- 马西墨斯! - 马西墨斯!
Three weeks from now, I will be harvesting my crops.
三星期后 我将在田里收割庄稼
Imagine where you will be, and it will be so.
想象下你要去的地方 愿望就要实现了
Hold the line! Stay with me!
保持队形 跟我冲啊
If you find yourself alone,
如果你发现自己落单了
riding in green fields with the sun on your face,
迎着阳光 独自驰骋在草原上时
For you are in Elysium, and you're already dead!
那是因为你已在天堂了 你已经阵亡了
what we do in life
我们生平的事迹
echoes in eternity.
将永远流传
Cohorts ready, sir!
投石车准备就绪 长官!
- Ignite! - Ignite!
- 点火! - 点火!
All right, men, ready!
好了 大家开始进攻
- Draw! - Loose!
- 拉弓! - 射!
Do you think he's really dying?
你认为他真的快死了吗?
He's been dying for 10 years.
十年来 他一直过都是这样子
If he werert really dying, he wouldn't have sent for us.
如果他不是快不行了 就不会派人来召见我们了
Maybe he just misses us.
也许他只是想念我们呢
And the senators? He wouldn't have summoned them if...
那元老会的议员们呢? 没事他不会传唤他们的 除非
Peace, Commodus.
安静点 康莫德斯
After two weeks on the road,
在路上两星期里
your incessant scheming is hurting my head.
你老是疑神疑鬼的 烦死我了
He's made his decision. He's going to announce it.
他已作了决定 他将会宣布
The first thing I shall do when...
我将要做的第一件事...
Is honor him with games won'thy of His Majesty.
就是举行大型的竞技比赛来荣耀他
For now, the first thing I shall do is have a hot bath.
现在 我最想做的第一件事 就是淋个热水浴
We seem to be almost there, sir.
看来我们就快到了
- Sire. - Where's the Emperor?
- 殿下 - 皇帝在哪里?
He's at the front, sire. They've been gone for 19 days.
殿下 他在前线 已经去了19天了
The wounded are still coming in.
伤员还在不断的运回来
You have proved your valor yet again, Maximus.
你再次证明了你的勇猛 马西墨斯
Let us hope, for the last time.
希望这是最后一次了
There's no one left to fight, sire.
我们已经没有敌人了 陛下
There is always someone left to fight.
永远不能掉以轻心 敌人无处不在
How can I reward Rome's greatest general?
我该怎样奖赏罗马最伟大的将军呢?
They honor you, Caesar.
凯撒 他们向你致敬
It's for you, Maximus. They honor you.
是向你致敬 马西墨斯 他们尊敬你
Have I missed it? Have I missed the battle?
我错过了这次的战役了吗?
You have missed the war.
你错过了整场战争
Father, congratulations.
父亲 恭喜你
I shall sacrifice 100 bulls to honor your triumph.
我会献上100头公牛来庆祝你的胜利
Honor Maximus. He won the battle.
向马西墨斯致敬吧 是他打赢了这场战役
- General. - Highness.
- 将军 - 陛下
Rome salutes you, and I embrace you as a brother.
罗马向你致敬 而我以兄弟的身份拥抱你
It has been too long, my old friend.
很久没见了 老朋友
Here, Father. Take my arm.
来 父亲 让我来扶你
I think it is time for me to leave.
我想我是时候离开了
So much for the glory of Rome.
这就是罗马的荣耀
Magnificent battle.
宏伟的战役
General. Still alive?
将军 还活着?
The gods must have a sense of humor.
天上的诸神也有幽默感的
- The gods must love you. - Valerius.
- 他们一定特别照顾你 - 维勒瑞斯
Back to barracks, General? Or to Rome?
将军 你是要回军营呢? 还是回罗马?
Home. My wife, my son, the harvest.
回家 我妻子孩子还有庄稼都在等着我
Maximus the farmer. I still have difficulty imagining that.
农夫马西墨斯 我还是无法想象你当农夫的样子
You know, dirt cleans off a lot easier than blood, Quintus.
你知道的 泥垢要比血迹容易洗掉 昆塔斯
- Here he is. - Highness.
- 他在这里 - 陛下
Senator Gaius, Senator Falco.
议员盖尔斯 议员佛克
Beware of Gaius. He'll pour a honeyed potion in your ear,
当心盖尔斯 他会替你洗脑
and you'll wake up one day and all you'll say is, "Republic, republic, republic."
接着某天你醒来 就只会高喊"共和万岁 共和万岁"
Well, why not? Rome was founded as a republic.
有何不可? 毕竟罗马创建时是共和制的
Yes, and in a republic the senate has the power.
在共和制下 共和国是由元老会来执政的
But Senator Gaius isn't influenced by that, of course.
当然 议员盖尔斯绝不是因此才从政的
Where do you stand, General? Emperor or Senate?
你支持谁呢? 将军? 皇帝还是元老院?
A soldier has the advantage
军人的职责就是
of being able to look his enemy in the eye, Senator.
保家卫国上阵杀敌 议员
Well, with an army behind you, you could be extremely political.
有军队支持 你要从政易如反掌
I warned you. Now I shall save you. Senators.
我警告了你 二位 失陪一下
I'm going to need good men like you.
我将会需要你的帮助
How may I be of service, Highness?
有什么我可以效劳的 殿下?
You're a man who knows what it is to command.
只有你才知道该如何指挥军队
You give your orders, the orders are obeyed, and the battle is won.
在你的领导下 无人不服 战无不胜
But these senators scheme, squabble and flatter and deceive.
但那些议员们只会争吵算计阿谀奉承还有欺骗
Maximus, we must save Rome from the politicians, my friend.
马西墨斯 我们必须从政客们的手中拯救罗马
Can I count on you when the time comes?
到时候我能期待你的帮助吗?
Highness, when your father releases me, I intend to return home.
殿下 只要你父亲恩准我离开 我打算立刻回家去
Home? Well, no one's earned it more.
回家? 你是应该回家看看
Don't get too comfortable. I may call on you before long.
可别耽于安逸 也许我很快就会需要你的
Lucilla's here. Did you know?
露西拉来了 你知道吗?
She's not forgotten you.
她还没有忘记你
And now, you're the great man.
而现在 你是个英雄了
If only you had been born a man,
如果你生为男人的话
what a Caesar you would have made.
你会成为一位伟大的凯撒
You would have been strong.
你会很强壮
I wonder, would you have been just?
我想知道 你会很公正吗?
I would have been what you taught me to be.
我不会辜负你对我的教导和期望
How was yourjourney?
旅途怎样?
Long. Uncomfortable. Why have I come?
漫长 不舒服 为什么要我来?
I need your help. With your brother.
我需要你的帮忙 和你弟弟有关
He loves you. He always has.
他爱你 他一向都很爱你
he will need you now, more than ever.
他现在比往常更需要你
Enough of politics.
不谈政治了
Let us pretend that you are a loving daughter,
我们何不假装你是一个可爱的女儿
and I am a good father.
而我则是个好父亲
This is a pleasant fiction, isn't it?
令人愉快的假设 不是吗?
I need three more horses.
再给我三匹马
One! Two! Three!
一! 二! 三!
You sent for me, Caesar?
你召见我吗 凯撒?
- Caesar? - Tell me again, Maximus.
- 凯撒? - 再告诉我一遍 马西墨斯
Why are we here?
我们为什么会在这里?
For the glory of the empire, sire.
为了罗马的荣耀 陛下
Do you see that map, Maximus?
看到那地图了吗 马西墨斯?
That is the world which I created.
那就是我所创建的世界
I have conquered, spilt blood, expanded the empire.
我四处征战 半生戎马 才有今天的局面
Since I became Caesar, I've known four years without war.
自从我成为凯撒后 据我所知只有四年没有战争
Four years of peace in 20.
在20年里 只有四年的和平
And for what?
这一切究竟是为了什么?
I brought the sword. Nothing more.
我只给大家带来了战争 仅此而已
Caesar, your life...
凯撒 你的一生...
Please. Please don't call me that.
求你 不要那么叫我了
Let us talk together now,
让我们好好谈谈
very simply, as men.
纯粹是男人之间的闲聊
Five thousand of my men are out there in the freezing mud.
我有5000个人在外面的泥浆中挨冻
Three thousand of them are bloodied and cleaved.
其中3000人浑身是伤
Two thousand will never leave this place.
另外有2000人再也无法离开这里 他们都已经死了
I will not believe that they fought and died for nothing.
我绝不相信他们的牺牲毫无意义
And what would you believe?
那你相信什么 马西墨斯?
They fought for you and for Rome.
他们为了你和罗马而战
And what is Rome, Maximus?
罗马是什么 马西墨斯?
I've seen much of the rest of the world.
我到过世界上别的许多地方
It is brutal and cruel and dark. Rome is the light.
那里既冷酷又阴暗 罗马象征着光明
Yet you have never been there.
但你从没去过那里
You have not seen what it has become.
你没看见罗马已经变成什么样了
I am dying, Maximus.
我快要死了 马西墨斯
When a man sees his end,
当一个快死的时候
he wants to know there was some purpose to his life.
他会想知道自己的一生是否有价值
How will the world speak my name in years to come?
人们将来会怎么评价我呢?
Will I be known as the philosopher?
会推崇我是个哲学家?
Or will I be the Emperor who gave Rome back her true self?
或是让罗马回归自我的皇帝?
There was once a dream that was Rome.
恢复共和制的罗马是个梦想
You could only whisper it.
你只能悄悄地说
Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish,
再大声一点的话 它将会消失
it was so fragile.
它是如此的脆弱
And I fear that it will not survive the winter.
我担心在残酷的现实环境中 他根本无法存活下去
let us whisper now,
让我们说点悄悄话
together, you and I.
只有我和你
Tell me about your home.
说说你讲你的家庭
My house is in the hills above Trujillo.
我家在提基洛附近的山丘上
A very simple place.
一个非常简单的地方
Pink stones that warm in the sun.
在阳光下的暖和的红砖屋
A kitchen garden that smells of herbs in the day,
白天 菜园里飘着药草的香味
jasmine in the evening.
到了晚上则是茉莉花的味道
Through the gate is a giant poplar.
门外有一棵高大的白杨树
Figs, apples, pears.
无花果树 苹果树和梨树
The soil, Marcus, black. Black like my wife's hair.
土壤是黑色的 比我妻子的头发还黑
Grapes on the south slopes, olives on the north.
南坡上种葡萄 北坡种着橄榄
Wild ponies play near my house. They tease my son.
野生的小马在我家附近玩耍 他们常逗我的儿子玩
He wants to be one of them.
他也想变成一匹小马
When was the last time you were home?
你上一次回家是什么时候?
Two years, 264 days and this morning.
2年又264天 还要算上今天早上
I envy you, Maximus. It's a good home.
我羡慕你 马西墨斯 你有个幸福的家庭
Worth fighting for
值得你为它如此奋斗
There is one more duty
在你回家之前
that I ask of you before you go home.
我希望你帮我做最后一件事
What would you have me do, Caesar?
你要我做什么 凯撒?
I want you to become the protector of Rome after I die.
我要你在我死后成为罗马的保护者
I will empower you to one end alone,
我会把政权交给你
to give power back to the people of Rome,
将权力还给罗马的人民
and end the corruption that has crippled it.
结束危害罗马的贪污腐败
Will you accept this great honor that I have offered you?
你愿意接受这光荣的使命吗?
With all my heart, no.
我打心眼里...不愿意
that is why it must be you.
这就是我一定要授权给你的原因
But surely a prefect, a senator,
但这应该是行政官或者议员的职责
somebody who knows the city, who understands her politics.
一个了解罗马 熟悉政治的人
But you have not been corrupted by her politics.
但你还没被罗马的政治腐蚀
- And Commodus? - Commodus is not a moral man.
- 康莫德斯呢? - 康莫德斯不是正人君子
You have known that since you were young.
你比谁都要清楚这一点
Commodus cannot rule.
康莫德斯不能统治罗马
You are the son that I should have had.
我要是有你这样的儿子就好了
Commodus will accept my decision.
康莫德斯会接受我的决定的
He knows that you command the loyalty of the army.
他知道军队只对你效忠
I need some time, sire.
我需要时间考虑
By sunset, I hope you will have agreed.
我希望在日落之前你能答应我的请求
Now embrace me as my son.
现在 象儿子般拥抱我吧
And bring an old man another blanket.
顺便再帮我拿条毯子来
- My father favors you now. - My lady.
- 我父亲现在只宠爱你 - 夫人
- It was not always so. - Many things change.
- 以前不是这样 - 很多东西都改变了
Many things. Not everything.
话是没错 但不是所有的事情
Let me see your face.
让我看看你的脸
- You seem upset. - I lost many men.
- 你看起来很沮丧 - 我失去了很多部下
What did my father want with you?
我父亲找你有什么事?
To wish me well before I leave for home.
在我回家前祝我一路顺风
I could always tell when you were lying, because you were never any good at it.
我总能看穿你在撒谎 因为你不精于此道
I never acquired your comfort with it.
我一直都不习惯你的安慰
But then you never had to.
反正你也不需要
Life is more simple for a soldier.
对军人来说 生活要简单的多
Or do you think me heartless?
或许你觉得我很无情?
I think you have a talent for survival.
我觉得你具备生存的天分
Is it really so terrible seeing me again?
再次见到我真的这么可怕吗?
No. I'm tired from battle.
不 我只是厌倦了战争
It hurts you to see my father so fragile.
看到我父亲是那么脆弱 你很心痛
Commodus expects that my father will announce his succession within days.
康莫德斯期望父亲会很快宣布他是断任者
Will you serve my brother as you served his father?
你会像追随我父亲那样对我弟弟效忠吗?
I will always serve Rome.
我会永远对罗马效忠
I still remember you in my prayers.
我还是不忘替你祈祷
I was sad to hear of your husband's death. I mourned him.
听到你丈夫去世的消息我很难过 我替他追悼
- Thank you. - And I hear you have a son.
- 谢谢你 - 我听说你有个儿子
He'll be nearly eight years old.
他快八岁了
My son is also nearly eight.
我儿子也快八岁
I thank you for your prayers.
谢谢你的祈祷
Ancestors, I ask for your guidance.
祖先们 我祈求你们指引我
Blessed Mother, come to me with the gods' desire for my future.
天上的母亲 求你指示我未来的方向
Blessed Father, watch over my wife and son with a ready sword.
天上的父亲 求您保佑我的妻儿
Whisper to them, I live only to hold them again.
请转告他们 我只是为再次拥抱他们而活
Ancestors, I honor you,
祖先们 我荣耀你们
and will try to live with the dignity you have taught me.
并将谨遵祖训 有尊严的活下去
Do you ever find it hard to do your duty?
我不觉得履行义务很困难吗?
Sometimes I do what I want to do.
有时我做我想做事
The rest of the time, I do what I have to.
其余的时间我做我应该做的事
We may not be able to go home, after all.
也许我们还是不能回家去
Are you ready to do your duty for Rome?
你准备好对罗马履行你的职责了吗?
You will not be emperor.
你不会成为皇帝
Which wiser, older man is to take my place?
哪位年长的智者会取代我的地位?
My powers will pass to Maximus,
我会将政权移交给马西墨斯
until the Senate is ready to rule once more.
元老院准备好再次治理罗马
Rome is to be a republic again.
罗马会再度成为共和国
- Maximus. - Yes.
- 马西墨斯 - 对
My decision disappoints you?
我的决定使你失望了吗?
You wrote to me once,
你曾写信给我
listing the four chief virtues.
上面列举了四种主要的美德
As I read the list, I knew I had none of them.
读完信后我就明白自己一种都不具备
But I have other virtues, Father.
但我有其他的美德 父亲
That can be a virtue when it drives us to excel.
当它驱使我们做的更优秀的时候 这也是一种美德
Resourcefulness, courage.
智谋 勇气
Perhaps not on the battlefield, but there are many forms of courage.
也许和行军打仗无关 但...勇气也有很多种的
Devotion to my family,
对家庭的全心全意的奉献...
But none of my virtues were on your list.
但你完全不欣赏我所有的优点
Even then it was as if you didn't want me for your son.
就像你根本不希望有我这样的儿子
I searched the faces of the gods
我向天上的诸神祈求...
for ways to please you, to make you proud.
让我能够讨你欢心 让你能够以我为荣
where you pressed me to your chest and held me tight,
把我紧紧的抱在你怀里
would have been like the sun on my heart for 1, 000 years.
都会象慈蔼的阳光温暖我的心
What is it in me you hate so much?
为什么你如此讨厌我?
All I've ever wanted
我不敢有任何奢求...
was to live up to you, Caesar.
只求能符合你的期望 凯撒
- Father. - Commodus,
- 父亲 - 康莫德斯...
your faults as a son
养子不教...
is my failure as a father.
实为我作为父亲的过错啊
I would butcher the whole world,
为了让你能爱我...
if you would only have loved me!
即使血洗天下我也在所不惜!
Maximus, the Emperor needs you. It's urgent.
马西墨斯 皇帝有急事要找你
Lament with me, brother.
和我一起哀悼 兄弟
Our great father is dead.
我们伟大的父亲去世了
The surgeons say there was no pain.
医生们说是呼吸衰竭
His breath gave out as he slept.
他在睡梦中安详的走了
Your emperor asks for your loyalty, Maximus.
新皇帝需要你的忠诚 马西墨斯
I only offer it once.
我只给你一次机会
I must talk to the senators. I need their counsel.
我要去见议员们 我需要他们的意见
- Wake Gaius and Falco. - Gaius and Falco.
- 去叫醒盖尔斯和佛克 - 盖尔斯和佛克
- Sword. - Sword.
- 我的剑 - 剑
Maximus, please be careful. That was not prudent.
马西墨斯 请三思而行 你的举动太过轻率
Prudent? The Emperor has been slain.
轻率? 皇帝是被人谋杀的
The emperor died of natural causes.
皇帝是自然死亡
- Why are you armed, Quintus? - Guards!
- 你为什么全副武装 昆塔斯? - 守卫!
Please don't fight, Maximus.
请不要反抗 马西墨斯请不要反抗 马西墨斯
I'm sorry. Caesar has spoken.
我很抱歉 是凯撒下的命令
and then execute him.
在拂晓前处死他
Quintus, look at me. Look at me!
昆塔斯 看着我 看着我!
Promise me that you will look after my family.
答应我 你会好好照顾我的家人
Your family will meet you in the afterlife.
你的家人会在黄泉路上与你相会的
Blessed Father, watch over my wife and son.
天上的父亲 请保护我的妻子和儿子
Whisper to them that I live only to hold them again.
转告他们我只为再次拥抱他们而活
At least give me a clean death.
至少让我死的痛快点
A soldier's death.
一个军人式的死亡
The frost, sometimes it makes the blade stick.
有时候 霜会把刀刃粘住的
When was the last time you were home?
你上次回家是什么时候?
Two years, 264 days and this morning.
2年264天 再算上今天早晨
Blessed Father, watch over my wife and son with a ready sword.
天上的父亲 求您保佑我的妻儿
I will try to live with the dignity you have taught me.
我会尝试像你教导一样有尊严地生活
Whisper to them, I live only to hold them again.
告诉他们 我生存是为了再次拥抱他们
...with a ready sword, for all else is dust and air.
世间名利 于我皆如粪土
Whisper to them, I live only to hold them again.
告诉他们 我生存是为了再次拥抱他们
For all else is dust and air.
世间名利 于我皆如粪土
You'll meet them again.
你们会再见面的
No. They will clean it. Wait and see.
不! 他们能洁净你的伤口 等着瞧吧
They'll feed you to the lions.
他们会拿你喂狮子的
They are won'th more than we are.
它们比我们更值钱
Clean. You see?
看见了吗? 伤口已经消炎了
Proximo! My old friend.
普罗西莫! 我的老朋友
Every day is a great day when you are here,
每次只要你来这里 那天就一定会是个好日子
but today is your most fortunate day.
今天...是你最幸运的一天
Those giraffes you sold me, they won't mate.
你卖给我的那些长颈鹿...根本不会交配
Theyjust walk around eating and not mating.
他们只会走来走去吃东西却不交配
You sold me queer giraffes.
你卖给我的长颈鹿是同性恋
- I want my money back. - Not a chance.
- 快把钱退还给我 - 不可能
- I do special price for you. - On what?
- 我给你好价钱 - 什么货?
Have you seen my new stock? Come and see them.
你看过我的新货了吗? 去看看吧
Do any of them fight? I've got a match coming up.
他们有谁懂得搏斗吗? 我最近会有一场比赛
Some are good for fighting, others for dying.
有些人善于搏斗 其他人只会去送死
You need both, I think.
我想两种人你都需要
What's your trade?
你以前是干什么的?
No, I bought him from a salt mine in Can'thage.
不 我是在迦太基附近的盐矿场把他买来的
Mark of the legion.
军团的标记
- Deserter. - Maybe so, but who cares?
- 逃兵 - 也许是吧 有谁在乎呢?
I'll take six. For 1, 000.
我要六个人... 给你1000
1, 000? The Numidian alone is won'th 2, 000.
一千? 那个努米底亚人就值2000了
These slaves are rotten.
这群奴隶根本不中用
It all adds to the flavor. No, no, no, wait! Wait!
人不可貌相 不 不 不 不 等等
I can negotiate.
等一下! 价钱好商量
I'll give you 2, 000, and 4, 000 for the beasts.
我给你2000...另外给4000买那些野兽
That's 5, 000 for an old friend.
既然是老朋友 一共给你5000
Come on! How long does it take to get into my own house?
快一点! 还有多久才能回到家?
I shall be closer to you for the next few days,
接下来的几天 将是你们悲惨的日子...
which will be the last of your miserable lives,
结束前的最后的几天 我会和你们异常的亲近
than that bitch of a mother that brought you screaming into this world.
胜过把你们带到这世界来的该死的母亲!
I did not pay good money for you for your company.
我不是花钱买你们来做伴的!
I paid it so that I could profit from your death.
我出钱是为了从你们的死亡中获利
And as your mother was there at your beginning,
你们的人生开始时 有母亲在旁边
so I shall be there at your end.
结束时 我会在你们的身旁
And when you die, and die you shall,
等到死亡的命运降临时
your transition shall be to the sound of...
你们将因人们的欢呼而升华
That's enough for the moment!
到此为止!
His time will come.
他迟早得认命的
why don't you fight?
你为什么不还手?
We all have to fight.
我们必须要搏斗
Well, I don't fight.
我决不搏斗
I shouldn't be here, I'm a scribe, I write down words,
我不应在这里 我是书吏 我负责记录...
and speak seven languages.
我会说七种语言
Tomorrow, you can scream in seven languages.
明天你可用七种语言尖叫
Perhaps the scribe will be the one who wins his freedom.
或许书吏是例外 可以赢取自由
What do I have to do?
我需要做什么?
You go in the arena and you kill me.
你进竞技场 杀了我
and the Numidian,
和这努米底亚人...
And when there's no more to fight, you're free.
直到你杀了所有斗士 你便自由了
Is that the sign of your gods?
那是你信奉的神吗?
Will that not anger them?
这样做他们不会生气吗?
Red is the gods' color.
红色是天神的颜色
You will need their help today.
今天你会需要他们帮助
Still leading with the German?
一直是日耳曼领导的?
The crowd love a barbarian.
观众喜欢野蛮人
Besides that, he's making me rich.
而且他令我富有
Has that Numidian fought before?
那努米底亚人搏斗过没有?
And that one, laborer, soldier?
那个 是奴隶 士兵?
He might as well be a eunuch for what he brings to the ring.
在场上像个废人一样
500 sestertii, the Numidian and Spaniard team makes it through.
五百元买努米底亚人 和西班牙人那队会过关
And 1, 000, that the Numidian makes it through alone.
一千元 如果努米底亚人独自过关
Are you asking me to bet against my own man?
你要我买自己的人输?
What if I make it 2, 000?
如果我加到二千元呢?
Some of you are thinking you won't fight,
你们当中有些人不愿意上场搏斗
some that you can't fight.
有些觉得你不能搏斗
They all say that until they're out there.
他们都喜欢唱高调 除非真正轮到自己出场
- Kill! Kill! Kill! - Kill! Kill! Kill!
- 杀! 杀! 杀! - 杀! 杀! 杀!
Thrust this into another mars flesh,
把刀用力刺进别人的身体里
and they will applaud and love you for that.
观众会为此而向你喝彩 崇拜你
you may begin to love them
你也会开始为了喝彩声...
Ultimately, we're all dead men.
最终 我们都会化为一堆枯骨
Sadly, we cannot choose how,
可悲的是 我们无权选择命运 但...
but we can decide how we meet that end,
有权决定如何面对死亡...
in order that we are remembered
惟有如此 才能作为人
On the left, draw your shields!
左边的 拿盾牌!
On the right, draw your swords!
右边的 拿剑!
- Kill! Kill! Kill! - Kill! Kill! Kill!
- 杀! 杀! - 杀! 杀!
Pair them up, red with yellow.
两人一组 红色和黄色一起
- Go away! - You'll never rule us, Commodus!
- 滚开! - 我们不要你统治 康莫德斯!
He enters Rome like a conquering hero. But what has he conquered?
他象个凯旋的英雄般回到罗马 但他到底征服了什么呢?
Give him time, Gracchus. He's young.
给他点时间 格瑞克斯 他还年轻
I think he could do very well.
我相信他可以做的很好
For Rome, or for you?
为罗马还是为你?
Go to your mother, Lucius. It's what she'd like.
卢修斯 去欢迎你的母亲 她会很高兴的
- Lucius! - Mother!
- 卢修斯! - 妈妈!
Rome greets her new emperor.
罗马欢迎她的新皇帝
Your loyal subjects bid you welcome, Highness.
你忠心的臣子们向你表示欢迎 陛下
And for the loyal subjects, I trust they werert too expensive.
说到忠心的子民 我相信他们并不太昂贵
- Caesar. - Gracchus.
- 凯撒 - 格瑞克斯
All Rome rejoices in your return, Caesar.
罗马为你的归来而欢呼 凯撒
But there are many matters that require your attention.
有许多政务等你来处理
To order, please. To order.
请肃静! 肃静!
For your guidance, Caesar,
凯撒 为了请你指引
the Senate has prepared a series of protocols
凯撒 元老院已经拟订一系列的议程 好方便陛下过目...
to begin addressing the many problems in the city,
开始解决城市里的众多问题
beginning with basic sanitation for the Greek Quarter,
首先是希腊区的基础卫生设备...
to combat the plague which is already springing up there.
设法消灭该区正在蔓延的瘟疫
So, if Caesar...
所以 如果凯撒...
Don't you see, Gracchus?
你难道还不明白 格瑞克斯?
That's the very problem, isn't it?
这才是问题的重点 不是吗?
My father spent all his time at study,
我父亲花费毕生的时间...
at books of learning and philosophy.
研读书本中的知识和哲学
He spent his twilight hours reading scrolls from the Senate.
他的晚年尽在阅读元老院的卷轴中度过
And all the while, the people were forgotten.
然而自始至终 他却忽略了人民...
But the senate is the people, sire,
但元老会就代表人民 陛下
chosen from among the people to speak for the people.
由人民中选出议员 为人民说话
I doubt many of the people eat so well as you do, Gracchus.
我怀疑民众是否象你一样丰衣足食 格瑞克斯
Or have such splendid mistresses, Gaius.
或是像盖尔斯一样妻妾成群
I think I understand my own people.
我自认了解我的子民
Then perhaps Caesar will be so good as to teach us,
那么 根据您个人的多方面的经验...
out of his own extensive experience.
陛下或许会不吝赐教
I am their father. The people are my children.
我会爱民如子 因为他们都是我的子民
And I shall hold them to my bosom and embrace them tightly.
我会将他们紧紧的拥抱在我的胸前
Have you ever embraced someone dying of plague, sire?
陛下 你曾拥抱过身染瘟疫的人吗?
No, but if you interrupt me again,
没有 但如果你再打断我的话
I assure you that you shall.
我保证你一定会的
Senator, my brother is very tired.
议员 我弟弟非常疲倦
Leave your list with me. Caesar shall do all that Rome requires.
把议程给我 凯撒应该照人民的意愿行事
My lady, as always, your lightest touch commands obedience.
夫人 你总是让人不能不服
Who are they to lecture me?
他们凭什么对我说教?
Commodus, the Senate has its uses.
康莫德斯 元老院自有它的用处
What uses? All they do is talk.
什么用处? 他们只会耍嘴皮子
It should be just you and me and Rome.
根本就只需要...你和我...
Don't even think it. There's always been a Senate.
千万不可以这么想! 元老院自建国之初就存在着
It takes an emperor to rule an empire.
只要有一个皇帝...就可以治理帝国了
Of course, but leave the people their...
当然 让人民继续拥有...
My father's war against the barbarians.
我父亲对野蛮人发动战争...
He said it himself, it achieved nothing. But the people loved him.
他自己也承认那毫无意义 但是人民敬爱他
The people always love victories.
人民总是喜欢胜利的感觉的
Why? They didn't see the battles.
为什么? 他们并没有目睹战争的残酷
What do they care about Germania?
日耳曼人和他们毫不相关
They care about the greatness of Rome.
他们只关心罗马的富强
"The greatness of Rome."
"罗马的富强"
Well, what is that?
那到底是什么呢?
It's an idea. Greatness.
是一种理念... 富强
- Greatness is a vision. - Exactly. A vision.
- 富强是一种憧憬 - 没错 一个憧憬
Do you not see, Lucilla?
你还不明白吗 露西拉?
I will give the people a vision of Rome, and they'll love me for it.
我会给人民一个罗马的新憧憬 他们会为此而敬爱我
And they'll soon forget the tedious sermonizing of a few dry old men.
他们很快就会忘掉那几个爱说教的老头
I will give the people the greatest vision of their lives.
我会给罗马人民一个前所未有的憧憬
White and red wine for your drinking pleasure!
酒 酒 酒! 红酒白酒任君畅饮!
One hundred and fifty days of games.
整整150天的竞技活动
He's cleverer than I thought.
他比我想象中的要聪明
Clever. The whole of Rome would be laughing at him,
聪明 要不是因为害怕他的禁卫队...
if they werert so afraid of his Praetorians.
全罗马的人都会嘲笑他的
Fear and wonder. A powerful combination.
害怕和好奇...强而有力的组合
You really think the people are going to be seduced by that?
你真的认为民众会被他的手段所欺骗?
I think he knows what Rome is. Rome is the mob.
我觉得他了解罗马的本质 罗马是由一群乌合之众组成的
Conjure magic for them, and they'll be distracted.
变魔术给他们看 就可以转移他们的注意力
Take away their freedom, and still they'll roar.
夺去他们的自由 他们还是会继续哄堂大笑
The beating heart of Rome is not the marble of the Senate.
维系着罗马命脉的...并不是元老院里的大理石
It's the sand of the Colosseum.
而是竞技场内的沙地
He'll bring them death,
他会把死亡带给人民
and they will love him for it.
而人民会为此而敬爱他
All you do is kill, kill, kill.
你只需杀杀杀
The crowd don't want a butcher, they want a hero.
观众不是要屠夫 他们要英雄
We want them to keep coming back.
我们要他们不断回来看
So don't just hack them to pieces, remember you are an entertainer.
所以不要只顾把他们斩杀 记着你是要娱乐观众
Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained?
你们还不满意吗? 你们还不满意吗?
Is this not why you're here?
你们不正是为此而来这里的吗?
Spaniard! Spaniard! Spaniard!
西班牙人!
- Spaniard! Spaniard! Spaniard! - Spaniard! Spaniard! Spaniard!
- 西班牙人! 西班牙人! 西班牙人! - 西班牙人! 西班牙人! 西班牙人!
What do you want?
你想要些什么?
- You sent for me. - Yes, I did.
- 你找我有事? - 是的
You're good, Spaniard, but you're not that good.
西班牙人 你的确很棒 但你还不是最厉害的
You could be magnificent.
你可以变的更优秀
I'm required to kill, so I kill. That is enough.
我杀人是因为你要我这么做 这样就够了
That's enough for the provinces, but not for Rome.
也许在乡下小地方是够了 但在罗马却行不通
The young emperor has arranged a series of spectacles
那年轻皇帝安排了一系列表演...
to commemorate his father, Marcus Aurelius.
来纪念他的父亲 马可·奥勒留
I find that amusing,
我觉得很好笑...
since it was Marcus Aurelius, the wise,
因为正是马可·奥勒留...
the all-knowing Marcus Aurelius, that closed us down.
博学 无所不知的马可·奥勒留...禁止了搏斗竞技活动
So finally, after five years of scratching a living
在这个跳蚤为患的村庄...
in flea-infested villages,
生活了五年以后
we're finally going back to where we belong.
我们终于要回到属于我们的地方...
You should see the Colosseum, Spaniard.
你应该去看看竞技场 西班牙人
Fifty thousand Romans,
五万罗马观众...
watching every movement of your sword,
注视着你斗剑时的一举一动
willing you to make that killer blow.
期待你挥出致命的一击
The silence before you strike and the noise afterwards.
在你挥剑之前的寂静...和那之后的骚动
It rises. It rises up,
喧闹声不断的提高...
like a storm.
就象...一场暴风雨...
As if you were the thunder god himself.
而你自己就是雷神
- You were a gladiator? - Yes, I was.
- 你曾是个角斗士? - 对 我是
You won your freedom?
你赢得了你的自由?
A long time ago, the Emperor
很久以前 皇帝...
presented me with a rudius.
送给我一把剑
It's just a wooden sword.
那只是一把木剑
The symbol of your freedom.
你得到自由的象征
He touched me on the shoulder, and I was free.
他用木剑点了点我的肩 我便获得了自由
You knew Marcus Aurelius?
你认识马可·奥勒留?
I did not say I knew him. I said he touched me on the shoulder once.
我没说我认识他 我说他曾经碰过我的肩膀
You asked me what I want.
你问我到底想要什么
I, too, want to stand in front of the Emperor,
我也希望站在皇帝面前...
Then listen to me. Learn from me.
那你就得听我的 向我学习
I wasrt the best because I killed quickly.
我并不是最棒的 因为我杀人太快了
I was the best because the crowd loved me.
我之所以是最棒的 是因为民众崇拜我
Win the crowd, and you'll win your freedom.
赢取观众的心 你就能赢得自由
I will win the crowd.
我会赢得观众的心
I will give them something they've never seen before.
我将让他们看见从未见过的东西!
So, Spaniard, we shall go to Rome together
那么 西班牙人 我们一起去罗马
and have bloody adventures.
展开一趟血腥的冒险!
And the great whore will suckle us
观众会让我们的荷包撑满...
until we are fat and happy and can suckle no more.
开心的笑不出来
when enough men have died,
杀了足够多的人后
perhaps you will have your freedom.
也许你就可以得到你的自由
It's somewhere out there, my country.
在远处的某个地方...有我的祖国
My wife is preparing food.
我的妻子正在准备食物
My daughters carry water from the river.
我的女儿从河边打水回来
Will I ever see them again?
我还能再见到他们吗?
Do you believe you'll see them again when you die?
你相信死后能再见到他们吗?
But then, I will die soon.
但是 我很快就会死了
They will not die for many years.
他们会再活很多年
But you would? Wait?
但是你愿意...等
my wife and my son
我的妻儿...
are already waiting for me.
已经在等着我了
You'll meet them again. But not yet.
你会再见到他们的 只是时候未到
- Unless... - Not yet.
- 除非... - 时候未到
Good to see you again, old friend.
老朋友 真高兴又看见你
Have you ever seen anything like that before?
你以前看见过这么壮观的建筑吗?
I didn't know men could build such things.
我不知道他们是如何办到的
He sleeps so well because he's loved.
他睡的好香因为他备受宠爱
Come, brother. It's late.
走吧 弟弟 已经很晚了
I will make Rome the wonder of the ages.
我将使罗马成为当代的奇迹
That is what Gracchus and his friends don't understand.
那是格瑞克斯和他的朋友所不明白的
All my desires are splitting my head to pieces.
我的欲望在脑海中起伏 让我头痛欲裂
Commodus, drink this tonic.
康莫德斯 喝了这苏打水
I think the time is almost right.
我看时机已经成熟
I could announce the dissolution of the Senate
我可以在悼念父亲的庆典上...
at the celebration to honor our father.
宣布解散元老院
Do you think I should?
你认为我该这么做吗?
Are the people ready?
人民能接受吗?
I think you need your rest now.
我想你现在需要休息
Will you stay with me?
你会不会留下来陪我?
Still afraid of the dark, brother?
弟弟 你还是怕黑吗?
- Stay with me tonight. - You know I won't.
- 今晚留下来陪我? - 你知道那不可能
Having servants who are deaf and mute
又聋又哑的仆人...
at least ensures I live a little longer.
至少让我活得久一点
They're arresting scholars now.
他们在拘捕学者
Anyone who dare speak out. Even satirists and chroniclers.
任何敢表达意见的 甚至包括作家和史学家
And mathematicians.
还有数学家
And all to feed the arena.
全部送到斗兽场
The Senate did not approve martial law.
国会没有通过戒严法
This reign of terror is entirely the Praetorians.
这全是禁卫军的恐怖势力
I'm afraid to go out after dark.
我入黑后不敢外出
You should be more afraid of your activities during the day.
你更应担心日间的出行
The Senate is full of his spies, led by that whore master, Falco.
国会中布满他的线眼 由那好色的科高领导的
But what is in his mind? That's what I trouble myself with.
究竟他在想什么? 那是最令我困惑的
He spends all his days singularly obsessed,
他整天只顾...
planning the festival to honor your father.
筹划你父亲的纪念庆典
He neglects even the most fundamental task of government.
他连政府最基本的工作也忽略
So just what is he planning?
他到底在计划什么?
And what pays for it?
用什么来支付?
These daily games are costing a fortune, yet we have no new taxes.
每天这些竞技支出庞大 但我们没加新税项
The future pays for it.
用未来支付
He's started selling the grain reserves.
他已开始卖贮备的谷物
He's selling Rome's reserves of grain.
他在卖罗马贮备的谷物
The people will be starving in two years.
人民在两年后便会捱饿
I hope they're enjoying the games,
希望他们享受这游戏...
because soon enough they'll be dead because of them.
那些竞技不久他们便会因此而灭亡
- Rome must know this. - And how?
- 罗马人要知道真相 - 怎样?
He's going to dissolve the Senate.
他打算解散国会
And who will tell them before it's too late? You, Gracchus?
谁会及时告诉他们? 你 格瑞克斯?
Will you make a speech on the floor of the Senate,
你会否在国会上发表演说
denouncing my brother?
指责我哥哥?
And then see your family in the Colosseum?
然后看着你全家被推进斗兽场?
I have been living in a prison of fear every day,
我每天都活在恐惧中...
because my son is heir to the throne.
因为我儿子是皇位继承人
Quintus and the Praetorians would simply seize control for themselves.
但昆塔斯和禁卫军会夺去控制权
No. Cut off the head and the snake cannot strike.
不 把领导者杀了就不会失去控制权
Lucilla, Gaius is right.
露西娜 盖尔斯说得对
Until we can neutralize the Praetorians, we can achieve nothing.
不能压制禁卫军的话 我们不会成功
So we do nothing?
那我们坐以待毙?
No, child. We keep our counsel.
不 我们在暗中计划
As long as the people support him, we are voices without steel.
人民支持他 我们的声音便没有力量
But with every day that passes, he makes enemies.
但每天他都在竖敌
One day, he'll have more enemies than friends.
终有一天 他的敌人会多过朋友
And on that day, we will act.
那就是我们行动的时候
Then we will strike.
那时我们便反击
But until then,
在那刻来临前...
And we are treacherous.
而我们亦是不忠的
All right, that's enough.
好了 够了
The Emperor wants battles,
皇帝想看搏斗
and I don't want to sacrifice my best fighters.
但我不想牺牲最好的斗士
The crowd wants battles, so the Emperor gives them battles.
观众想看竞技 所以皇帝就举办大型的竞技搏斗
- You get the battle of Can'thage. - Massacre of Can'thage.
- 你的人将参加迦太基的战役 - 迦太基的大屠杀
Well, why don't you go down to the prison,
你为什么不把监狱里的
round up all the beggars and thieves?
乞丐小偷都找来?
We've done that.
我们早就这么做了
If you want to give away the best gladiators
如果你想要我牺牲
in the whole of the empire,
全帝国最棒的角斗士
then I want double the rates.
就得给我双倍的钱
You'll get your contract rates, or you'll get your contract canceled.
我们要么按照合约给钱 要么就取消合约
You don't like it?
你不高兴吗?
Then you can crawl back down that shit hole that you came from.
那就滚回你的老家去
Cassius, please. You can free us.
等等 卡西亚斯!
Gladiator, are you the one they call the Spaniard?
你就是外号"西班牙人"的角斗士吗?
They said you were a giant.
他们都说你力大无穷
They said you could crush a mars skull with one hand.
他们说你单手就能捏碎大人的头
- Do they have good horses in Spain? - Some of the best.
- 西班牙有良种马吗? - 有最优秀的马
This is Argento and this is Scan'to.
这是银子 这是黑点
They were my horses.
他们是我的马
They were taken from me.
可是被别人抢走了
I like you, Spaniard. I shall cheer for you.
我很喜欢你 西班牙人 我会替你加油的
- They let you watch the games? - My uncle says it makes me strong.
- 他们准你看竞技比赛? - 我舅舅说这会使我变得勇敢
- And what does your father say? - My father is dead.
- 那你父亲怎样说? - 我父亲死了
Master Lucius, it is time.
卢修斯少爷 该走了
Your name is Lucius?
你叫卢修斯?
Lucius Verus, after my father.
卢修斯维勒斯 为了纪念我父亲
- Claudius! - Yes?
- 哥地亚斯! - 是?
- More shields! - All right.
- 克劳迪亚斯! 还要更多的盾牌! - 好的 长官
When the Emperor enters, raise your weapons, salute him,
当皇上进场时 举起你们的武器向他致敬
and then speak together.
然后齐声向他问候!
Face the Emperor and don't turn your back on him.
面对着皇帝 不可以背对着他!
Go, and die with honor.
去吧! 为荣誉而战!
Hail, mighty Caesar!
欢迎伟大的凯撒!
- Caesar! Caesar! Caesar! Caesar! - Caesar! Caesar! Caesar! Caesar!
- 凯撒万岁! 凯撒万岁! - 凯撒万岁! 凯撒万岁!
- We who are about to die salute you! - We who are about to die salute you!
- 角斗士们向您致敬! - 角斗士们向您致敬!
we reach back to hallowed antiquity
我们把战场移到神圣的古代...
to bring you a re-creation of the second fall
呈现在各位面前的是...
of mighty Can'thage!
迦太基沦亡的历史战役!
On the barren plain of Zama
在荒芜的扎马平原上...
there stood the invincible armies
汉尼拔将军的...
of the barbarian Hannibal.
不可战胜的野蛮人军队正严阵以待
Ferocious mercenaries and warriors
来自所有残暴民族的...
from all brute nations,
佣兵和战士们...
bent on merciless destruction,
毫不留情的破坏
Your emperor is pleased to give you
你们的皇帝很荣幸的为大家介绍...
the barbarian horde!
野蛮的异帮人!
Anyone here been in the army?
有人在军队里服役过吗?
Yes. I served with you at Vindobona.
有 我曾在凡度巴纳和你一起服役
Whatever comes out of these gates,
不管从铁门后出现的是什么
we've got a better chance of survival ifwe work together.
我们只有同心协力才会有较大的胜算
Lfwe stay together, we survive.
只有团结一致 我们才能活命
The Emperor is pleased to bring you the legionnaires
我很荣幸为你们介绍...
of Scipio Africanus!
非洲的西比欧军团
- Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! - Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill!
- 杀! 杀! 杀! - 杀! 杀! 杀!
Stay close. Staggered columns!
纵队交错排列!
You don't have a chance.
你没机会了!
Lock your shields. Stay as one.
固定盾牌! 紧密衔接!
Hold! As one!
稳住! 盾牌衔接起来!
This column to the chariot! This column stay with me!
一队去移战车! 一队...跟我来!
- Get out there. - Hurry!
- 去前面! - 快!
Single column! Single column!
单排队形! 排成一排!
My history's a little hazy, Cassius,
我对历史不太清楚 卡西亚斯
but shouldn't the barbarians lose the battle of Can'thage?
不过应该是野蛮人打输了迦太基战役吧?
No, I rather enjoy surprises.
没关系 我喜欢惊喜
They call him the Spaniard, sire.
他们叫他做西班牙人 陛下
I think I'll meet him.
我想见见他
Hail to the barbarians!
为野蛮人欢呼!
Forward! Arms at ready!
前进! 严密戒备!
Gladiator, the Emperor has asked for you.
皇帝要见你 角斗士
I am at the Emperor's service.
我随时听候差遣
Your fame is well deserved, Spaniard.
西班牙人 你果然名不虚传
I don't think there's ever been a gladiator to match you.
我相信其他的角斗士都不是你的对手
As for this young man, he insists you are Hector reborn.
这位年轻人坚持你是赫克托转世
Or was it Hercules?
还是你是大力神的化身?
Why doesn't the hero reveal himself and tell us all your real name?
你为何不表明身份 告诉大家你的真名?
You do have a name.
你总有名字吧?
My name is Gladiator.
"角斗士"就是我的名字
How dare you show your back to me? Slave!
你竟敢背对着我? 奴隶!
You will remove your helmet and tell me your name.
脱掉头盔 告诉我你的名字
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius,
我叫马西墨斯德西斯梅里丢斯
commander of the armies of the north,
北方军队的指挥官
general of the Felix Legions,
菲力克斯军团的将军
loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius,
真正的皇帝马可·奥勒留忠心的仆人
father to a murdered son,
儿子被人谋杀
husband to a murdered wife,
妻子遭人杀害...
and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.
不管今生或来世 我定会为他们复仇
Live! Live! Live! Live!
活! 活! 活! 活! 活! 活!
- Live! Live! Live! Live! - Live! Live! Live! Live!
- 活 活 活 - 活 活 活
- Maximus! Maximus! Maximus! - Maximus! Maximus! Maximus!
- 马西墨斯! 马西墨斯! - 马西墨斯! 马西墨斯!
Why is he still alive?
他怎么还活着?
He shouldn't be alive.
他应该早就死了
I'm terribly vexed.
我非常生气
I did what I had to do.
我只是做了不得不做的事
If Father had had his way, the empire would have been torn apart.
要是按照父亲的意愿 罗马早就解体了
You do see that.
你明白的 是吗?
What did you feel when you saw him?
你看到他的时候有何感觉?
He wounded you deeply, didn't he?
看来他伤得你很深 对不对?
No more than I wounded him.
我伤害他更深
They lied to me in Germania.
在日耳曼的时候他们说谎
They told me he was dead.
他们告诉我他已经死了
If they lie to me, they don't respect me.
他们骗我 即是不尊重我
If they don't respect me, how can they ever love me?
既然如此 他们又怎么可能爱我?
Then you must let the legions know
那么你必须让军团了解...
their treachery will not go unpunished.
他们的背叛行为一定会受到惩罚
I wouldn't want to be your enemy.
我绝对不想与你为敌
What will you do?
你打算怎么做?
Rich matrons pay well to be pleasured by the bravest champions.
贵妇人付高价是为了让英勇的角斗士取悦她
I knew your brother would send assassins.
我知道你弟弟会派刺客来
I didn't realize he would send his best.
但我没想到他会派最好的来
Maximus, he doesn't know.
马西墨斯 他毫不知情
My family was burnt and crucified while they were still alive.
我的家人被钉在十字架上活活烧死
- I knew nothing... - Don't lie to me!
- 我真的不知情... - 别对我撒谎!
As you wept for your father? As you wept for your father?
就像你为你父亲哭泣?
I have been living in a prison of fear since that day.
自从我父亲去世后 我便生活在恐惧之中
To be unable to mourn your father for fear of your brother.
因为害怕自己的弟弟而无法哀悼自己的父亲
To live in terror every moment of every day,
因为自己的儿子也是王位继承人
because your son is heir to the throne.
我时时刻刻都生活在恐惧之中
My son was innocent.
我儿子是无辜的
Must my son die, too, before you'll trust me?
难道非得用我儿子的命来换取你的信任?
What does it matter if I trust you or not?
我是否信任你又有何区别?
The gods have spared you. Don't you understand?
你难道不明白? 神已经宽恕你了
Today I saw a slave become more powerful than the emperor of Rome.
今天我看见了比罗马皇帝还要有权力的奴隶
The gods have spared me?
诸神已经宽恕我了?
I am at their mercy, with the power only to amuse a mob.
因为他们的怜悯 我才有娱乐观众的力量!
And while Commodus controls them, he controls everything.
康莫德斯控制了他们就等于掌控了一切
My brother has enemies, most of all in the Senate.
元老院的大多数人都是我弟弟的敌人
But while the people follow him,
只是当人民都支持他的时候:
no one would dare stand up to him until you.
没有人敢和他正面冲突 除了你
They oppose him, yet they do nothing.
他们反对他 却什么事都不做
There are some politicians who have dedicated their lives to Rome.
有些政治家为罗马奉献出全部的心力
One man above all.
他们有个领袖
If I can arrange it, will you meet him?
如果我出面安排 你愿意和他见面吗?
Do you not understand?
你到底明不明白?
I may die in this cell tonight, or in the arena tomorrow. I am a slave!
我只是个奴隶 随时随地都有可能丧命
What possible difference can I make?
我又能改变些什么呢?
This man wants what you want.
这个人有和你一样的目的
Then have him kill Commodus!
那就让他去杀了康莫德斯!
I knew a man once,
我曾经认识一个人...
A man of principle who loved my father,
他不但有原则...而且还敬爱我的父亲
and my father loved him.
我的父亲也爱他
This man served Rome well.
这个人为罗马贡献良多
Your brother did his work well.
你弟弟干的很成功
Yes, you can help me.
对 你能帮我
Forget you ever knew me, never come here again.
忘了我们曾经相识...再也不要来这里看我
Guard! The lady is finished with me.
守卫 这位夫人要离开了
What's your name?
你叫什么名字?
They must have known of Maximus' escape,
他们在发现马西墨斯逃走时
when they found the bodies of the four men.
一定可以找到他们四个的尸体
They thought it was a barbarian raid.
他们以为是野蛮人突袭
These are good men, sire. Loyal to the Emperor.
他们是好人 陛下 他们忠于皇上
Then perhaps it was you who knew,
又或者是你知道...
- I didn't know. - You didn't know?
- 我并不知道 - 你不知道?
But a general is always in control.
但将军永远有控制权
Always in command, isn't he?
永远是命令者 不是吗?
Then give the command. Say it.
那下命令吧 快说
You commanded legions? You had many victories?
你指挥过军团? 你打过很多胜仗?
- Yes. - In Germania?
- 是的 - 在日耳曼?
You have a great name.
你已经出名了
He must kill your name before he kills you.
在杀你之前他得先羞辱你的名声
- Senator Gaius. - Hello.
- 盖尔斯议员 - 你好
Don't often see you enjoying the pleasures of the vulgar crowd.
很难得看见你出现在这种龙蛇混杂的地方
I don't pretend to be a man of the people, Senator,
我不会假装和人民打成一片
but I do try to be a man for the people.
但我会做个为人民说话的议员
- Caesar! Caesar! Caesar! Caesar! - Caesar! Caesar! Caesar! Caesar!
- 凯撒! 凯撒! 凯撒! 凯撒! - 凯撒! 凯撒! 凯撒! 凯撒!
On the fourth day ofAntioch,
今天是安提俄克战役的第四天
we can celebrate the 64th day of the games.
同时也是竞技庆典的第64天
And in his majestic charity,
在他的仁慈下
the Emperor has deigned this day to favor the people of Rome
皇帝决定赐予罗马人民...
with an historical final match.
一场历史性的决战
Returning to the Colosseum today, after five years in retirement,
在退休五年后...重回竞技场
Caesar is pleased to bring you
凯撒很高兴为大家请到...
the only undefeated champion
罗马历史上...
in Roman history,
唯一的不败冠军...
the legendary Tigris of Gaul!
来自高卢的传奇的底格里斯!
He knows too well how to manipulate the mob.
他太清楚该如何操纵观众
Marcus Aurelius had a dream that was Rome, Proximo.
马可·奥勒留的梦想是建立一个全新的罗马 普罗西莫
This is not it. This is not it!
但新罗马不应该是这样的!
Marcus Aurelius is dead, Maximus.
马可·奥勒留已经死了 马西墨斯
We mortals are but shadows and dust.
我们只是凡夫俗子 一切终归尘土
Shadows and dust, Maximus!
一切终归尘土 马西墨斯
Representing the training lyceum ofAntonius Proximo,
让我们隆重介绍...
Caesar is proud to give you
代表普罗西莫训练会馆的...
They embrace him like he's one of their own.
他们把他当成自己人 敞开双臂欢迎他
The mob is fickle, brother. He'll be forgotten in a month.
观众是很善变的 弟弟 不出一个月就会忘记他的
No, much sooner than that.
错了 用不了那么久
It's been arranged.
一切都安排好了
We who are about to die salute you.
角斗士向你致敬
We're with you, Maximus!
我们支持你 马西墨斯!
Fight on, finish it!
打败他!
- Gut him! - Kill!
- 杀了他! - 杀!
- Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! - Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill!
- 杀! 杀! 杀! 杀! - 杀! 杀! 杀! 杀!
- Kill! - Kill!
- 杀! - 杀!
Maximus the Merciful!
仁慈的马西墨斯!
- Maximus! Maximus! Maximus! - Maximus! Maximus! Maximus!
- 马西墨斯! 马西墨斯! 马西墨斯! - 马西墨斯! 马西墨斯! 马西墨斯!
Forward, arms at ready!
卫兵 前进 攻击队形!
What am I going to do with you?
我该拿你怎么办?
You simply won't die.
为什么你...不去死
Are we so different, you and I?
我们之间的差异真有这么大吗?
You take life when you have to, as I do.
必要时你也杀人...就象我一样
I have only one more life to take. Then it is done.
只剩下一个人我非杀不可 然后我的责任就完成了
Then take it now.
那现在就动手啊
They tell me your son
他们告诉我你儿子...
squealed like a girl when they nailed him to the cross.
在被钉上十字架的时候...象女孩子一样在尖叫
moaned like a whore
在被他们蹂躏的时候...
when they ravaged her again and again
象妓女一样在呻吟...
The time for honoring yourself will soon be at an end,
你呼风唤雨的日子很快就要结束了
- General! - Cicero!
- 将军! - 西斯洛!
- General! - Where are you camped?
- 将军! - 军队在哪里扎营?
- We love you, Maximus! - Praise the victor!
- 我们爱你 马西墨斯! - 赞美胜利者!
Tell the men their general lives. Find me.
告诉大家我还活着 来找我
- Move along! - Find me!
- 快走! - 来找我!
Can they hear you?
他们可以听到你的祈祷吗?
- Who? - Your family, in the afterlife.
- 谁? - 你在黄泉的家人
- Yes. - What do you say to them?
- 会的 - 你跟他们说什么?
I tell him I will see him again soon,
我告诉他我们很快就能见面了
and to keep his heels down when he's riding his horse.
骑马的时候记得脚跟要压低点
that is not your business.
那不关你的事
And now they love Maximus for his mercy.
现在观众反而敬爱马西墨斯的仁慈
So I can'tjust kill him, or it makes me even more unmerciful.
因此我更不能杀他 不然就会显得我更残暴
The whole thing is like some great nightmare.
这整件事简直就象场恶梦
He is defying you.
他是在公然向你挑战
His every victory is an act of defiance.
他每一次的胜利都是种反抗的举动
The mob sees this, and so do the Senate.
观众和元老院议员们都看到了
Every day he lives, they grow bolder.
只要他存在一天 他们就会越来越大胆
- Kill him. - No.
- 杀了他 - 不行
I will not make a martyr of him.
我不会帮他成为烈士
When I went to the Senate today,
我今天去国会...
I purposefully told them about using the grain reserves to pay for the games.
特意告诉他们 我用了谷物贮备来支付竞技赛
And did you note what happened?
你记得发生什么事吗?
- Nothing. - Exactly. Nothing.
- 没什么 - 对 什么都没发生
Not a single word of protest.
一句抗议都没有
Even the insolent Senator Gracchus was silent as a mouse.
连傲慢的格瑞克斯议员也没出声
I have been told of a certain sea snake
我听说有一种海蛇
which has a very unusual method of attracting its prey.
用非常特别的方法来诱捕猎物
It will lie at the bottom of the ocean as ifwounded.
它会假装受伤 躺在海底
Then its enemies will approach,
接着它的敌人会渐渐的靠近
and yet it will lie quite still.
它会继续躺着不动
And then its enemies will take little bites of it,
接着敌人会开始慢慢的咬它
and yet it remains still.
但它还是...一动不动
we will lie still,
我们要不动声色...
and let our enemies come to us and nibble.
耐心等待我们的敌人上钩
Have every senator followed.
让所有的议员也自投罗网
Cicero, my old friend.
西斯洛 我的老朋友
I thought perhaps I'd seen you for the last time.
我以为再也见不到你了
- I thought you were dead. - Close.
- 我以为你死了 - 差不多
How long have the men been in Ostia?
军团驻扎在奥斯亚有多久了?
- And how do they look? - Fat and bored.
- 他们的状况如何? ? - 整天吃饱了 无所事事
- Who's in command? - Some fool from Rome.
- 指挥官是谁? - 从罗马来的白痴
How soon do you think they could be ready to fight?
他们最快要什么时候才能准备好?
For you, tomorrow.
为了你 明天
I need you to do something for me.
有件事我需要你帮忙
Come, see, witness.
各位 快来看
If you haven't been in the arena, you can see the show here.
如果你没去竞技场的话 你能在这里看见当时的情景
Giant Maximus is defeating our emperor, Commodus.
马西墨斯快要打败我们的皇帝康莫德斯了 我们该怎么办?
What are we to do? He's just defying everyone,
他藐视每一个人
by doing this to him, they do...
我们该怎么办?
- He got him, he's defeated. - Give way!
- 他赢了! - 让路!
My lady? I served your father at Vindobona.
公主陛下? 我在凡度巴纳侍奉过你父亲
- Back. - My lady.
- 退后 - 我的夫人
I served your father at Vindobona.
我在凡度巴纳服侍过你父亲
And I served General Maximus. I serve him still.
我也服侍过马西墨斯将军 我现在还为他服务
The general sends word, he will meet your politician.
将军让我带个口信 他愿意见你说的政治家
- For your loyalty, soldier. - Thank you, my lady.
- 士兵 奖赏你的忠诚 - 谢谢 夫人
I hope my coming here today is evidence enough
我希望今天我来这里能够...
that you can trust me.
使你信任我
- The Senate is with you? - The Senate?
- 元老院和你的立场一致? - 元老院?
Yes. I can speak for them.
是的 我能代表他们
You can buy my freedom and smuggle me out of Rome?
你能帮我获得自由偷偷把我运出罗马吗?
Get me outside the city walls.
把我送到城外去
Have fresh horses ready to take me to Ostia. My army is encamped there.
准备好马匹让我去奥斯亚 我的军队在那里扎营
By nightfall of the second day, I shall return at the head of 5, 000 men.
我会在第二天傍晚率领五千名士兵回来
But the legions all have new commanders,
但军团的新指挥官
loyal to Commodus.
全都效忠于康莫德斯
Let my men see me alive, and you shall see where their loyalties lie.
只要我的部下看到我还活你就知道他们效忠谁了
No Roman army has entered the capital in 100 years.
百年来罗马军队从未进入过首都
I will not trade one dictatorship for another!
我不愿意引狼入室!
The time for half measures and talk is over, Senator.
议员 已经没时间商量权宜办法了
And after your glorious coup, what then?
在你光荣的政变之后又将如何?
You'll take your 5, 000 warriors and leave?
你会带着五千名士兵离开罗马?
The soldiers will stay for your protection,
士兵们会留下来保护你们
under the command of the Senate.
受元老院的指挥
once all of Rome is yours, you'll just give it back to the people?
一旦罗马被你控制以后...你会将它交还给人民?
Because that was the last wish of a dying man.
因为那是某人临死前最后的期望
I will kill Commodus.
我会杀了康莫德斯
The fate of Rome I leave to you.
罗马的命运就交给你了
Marcus Aurelius trusted you.
马可·奥勒留信任你
His daughter trusts you.
他的女儿信任你
But we have little time.
但我们时间紧迫
Give me two days,
给我两天时间...
and I will buy your freedom.
我会想办法使你获得自由
He'll be waiting for you. Stand at the foot of the colossus.
他会在等你 站在斗兽场脚下
The Emperor knows too much.
皇帝对一切都了如指掌
it's becoming dangerous.
形势越来越危险了
You'll be paid on my return.
我回来后会酬谢你的
I give you my word.
我向你保证
Your word? What if you don't return?
保证? 你不回来的话怎么办呢
Do you remember what it was to have trust, Proximo?
你还记得信任别人的感觉吗 普罗西莫?
Who am I to trust?
有谁值得我信任?
- I will kill Commodus. - Why would I want that?
- 我会杀死康莫德斯 - 对我有什么好处?
He makes me rich.
他给我带来财富
I know that you are a man of your word, General.
我知道你是个信守承诺的人 将军
I know that you would die for honor.
我也知道你愿意为荣誉而死
You would die for Rome.
你愿意为罗马而牺牲
You would die for the memory of your ancestors.
愿意为祖先的名誉而死
But I, on the other hand,
但我 换个角度说...
I'm an entertainer.
我不过是个表演艺人
He killed the man who set you free.
他杀了还你自由的那个人
Praetorians, master.
大人 是禁卫军
Where have you been?
你去哪里了?
Please, brother.
弟弟 别疑神疑鬼了
What's troubling you?
什么事让你烦心?
Does Gracchus have a new lover?
格瑞克斯是不是有了新爱人?
I thought you'd seen him.
我以为你见过他
He infects everyone like a putrid fever.
他象伤寒一样影响着每个人
For the health of Rome, the Senate must be bled.
为罗马着想 必须要牺牲元老院
And he will bleed, too.
他也不能幸免
Do you remember what our father said once?
还记得父亲曾说过的话吗?
"a frightful dream,
生活就是...
Do you think that's true?
你觉得他说的对吗?
And I have only you to share it with.
而我只能和你分享
You know I love you.
你知道我爱你
Congratulations, General.
恭喜你 将军
You've got very persuasive friends.
你的朋友很擅于说服别人
My brother has had Gracchus arrested.
我弟弟已经逮捕了格瑞克斯
We daren't wait any longer. We must leave tonight.
我们不能再等下去了 今晚一定得离开
Proximo will come at midnight and take you to the gate.
普罗西莫半夜会来把你带到大门口
Your servant, Cicero, will be waiting there with horses.
你的仆人 西斯洛 会带着马在那边等你
- You have done all this? - Yes.
- 你一个人安排这一切的吗? - 是
I have much to pay for.
我有太多的债要还
You have nothing to pay for.
你并没有亏欠任何人
You love your son. You're strong for him.
你爱你的儿子 为了他 你变得十分坚强
I am tired of being strong.
我已经厌倦了
My brother hates all the world, and you most of all.
我弟弟憎恨全世界 尤其是你
- Because your father chose me. - No.
- 因为你父亲选了我 - 不
Because my father loved you.
因为我父亲爱你
And because I loved you.
而我也爱你
Was I very different then?
我变了很多吗?
You laughed more.
你以前比较爱笑
I have felt alone all my life,
我一直都觉得很寂寞
Isn't it late to be playing legionnaire?
现在玩士兵打仗不会晚了点吗?
I'm not a legionnaire.
我不是士兵
- Not a legionnaire? - I'm a gladiator.
- 不是士兵? - 我是角斗士
Gladiators only fight in the games.
角斗士只在竞技场里打斗
Wouldrt you rather be a great Roman warrior like Julius Caesar?
难道你不想像凯撒朱利叶...那样当一名出色的罗马战士?
I'm Maximus, the savior of Rome!
我是马西墨斯 罗马的救世主!
The savior of Rome?
罗马的救世主?
He's with the Emperor, my lady.
他和皇帝在一起 夫人
- She couldn't. - Yes, she did.
- 她不可能那样做 - 不 是真的
She took it from a basket,
她在篮中拿出来...
and pressed it to her breast, right here above her heart.
她从篮子里拿出来 把它放在胸口 就在她心脏的正上方
- It bit her in the breast? - Yes.
- 它咬在她的胸口上? - 是的
You see, Lucius, sometimes royal ladies
你知道吗? 卢修斯 有时候那些皇室的小姐们...
behave very strangely and do very odd things in the name of love.
为了爱可以做出一些非常奇怪的事来
- I think it's silly. - So do I.
- 我觉得这样做很愚蠢 - 我也这么想
Sister, join us.
姐姐 过来加入我们
I've been reading to dear Lucius.
我在念故事给卢修斯听
- I've been reading, too. - Yes.
- 我也在读 - 没错
He's a very clever little boy. He'll make a grand emperor one day.
他是个非常机灵的小男孩 总有一天他会成为了不起的皇帝的
We've been reading about the great Mark Antony,
我们在读伟大的安东尼
and his adventures in Egypt.
和他在埃及的冒险
And the queen killed herself with a snake.
还有皇后用蛇自杀的故事
And just wait until you hear what happened to our ancestors.
我还没告诉你发生在我们祖先身上的故事
If you're very good,
如果你很乖的话
tomorrow night, I'll tell you the story of Emperor Claudius.
明晚我会给你讲克劳迪亚斯皇帝的故事
He was betrayed
他身边最亲近的人...
by those closest to him.
背叛了他
They whispered in dark corners
他们在黑暗的角落里商议...
and went out late at night,
并且在半夜偷偷出去...
and conspired, and conspired.
共同密谋...
But the Emperor Claudius knew that they were up to something.
但皇帝知道他们在策划阴谋
He knew they were busy little bees.
他知道象小蜜蜂一样忙碌
And one night he sat down with one of them,
有天晚上 他和其中一人谈话...
and he looked at her,
他看着她...
"Tell me what you've been doing,
"告诉我你们的计划...
"Or I shall strike down those dearest to you.
不然我会杀死你最亲的人...
"You shall watch as I bathe in their blood."
你会看到我身上沾满他们的鲜血"
And the Emperor was heartbroken.
而皇帝的心都碎了
The little bee had wounded him more deeply
小蜜蜂对他的伤害
than anyone else could ever have done.
比任何人都要深
What do you think happened then, Lucius?
卢修斯 你认为接下来会发生什么事?
I don't know, Uncle.
我不知道 舅舅
The little bee told him everything.
小蜜蜂告诉了他所有的事
Open, in the name of the Emperor!
开闸 皇上有令!
Open the gates, in the name of the Emperor!
开门 我们是奉皇帝的命令来的!
Open the gates!
奉皇帝的命令 开门!
Open the gates, Proximo.
快开门 普罗西莫!
Do you want to die, old man?
老头 你想找死吗?
Everything is prepared.
一切准备好了
It seems you have won your freedom.
看来你赢得你的自由了
Proximo, are you in danger of becoming a good man?
普罗西莫 当个好人是否会替你惹上麻烦
- Juba. - All enemies of the Emperor die!
- 裘巴 - 反抗皇帝的人都得死!
Open the gates!
开门! 皇帝的命令!
Move! Form a column on the left!
冲! 两队人去左边!
I only need moments, so do not be careless with your lives.
我只需要机会脱身 千万别做无谓的牺牲
If you don't want any part of this, go back to your cells.
不想被卷入这事的 就回到囚室里去
We'll wait here for you, Maximus.
我们会留在这里帮你 马西墨斯
- Strength and honor. - Strength and honor.
- 勇气和荣誉 - 勇气和荣誉
Strength and honor.
勇气和荣誉
Aim. Arch your bows!
瞄准 拉弓!
And what of my nephew?
该如何处治我的外甥?
And what of his mother?
还有他的母亲?
Should they share her lover's fate?
他们应该面对和她爱人相同的命运吗?
Or should I be merciful?
还是我应该网开一面?
Commodus the Merciful.
仁慈的康莫德斯
Lucius will stay with me now.
从现在起 卢修斯由我照顾
And if his mother
如果他母亲...
so much as looks at me
用令我不快的眼神看着我...
in a manner that displeases me,
用令我不快的态度对我...
If she decides to be noble,
如果她想...抵死不从...
and takes her own life,
或者想自杀的话...
you will love me,
你会爱我...
as I have loved you.
就像我爱你一样
You will provide me with an heir of pure blood,
你会帮我生育下一代 血统纯正的继承人...
and his progeny will rule for 1, 000 years.
和他的子孙...将世世代代统治罗马
Am I not merciful?
我不够仁慈吗?
Am I not merciful!
我不够仁慈吗?
- Maximus! Maximus! Maximus! - Maximus! Maximus! Maximus!
- 马西墨斯! 马西墨斯! 马西墨斯! - 马西墨斯! 马西墨斯! 马西墨斯!
I'm a soldier. I obey.
我是军人 我职责是服从
Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear.
没人可以逼你做你不愿意的事
They call for you.
他们在为你欢呼
The general who became a slave.
一个沦为奴隶的将军
The slave who became a gladiator.
一个变成角斗士的奴隶
The gladiator who defied an emperor.
一个挑战皇帝的角斗士
A striking story.
一个震撼人心的故事
Now the people want to know how the story ends.
现在人们想知道故事的结局
Only a famous death will do.
只有一个出名的死亡才能令人满意
And what could be more glorious
还有什么能比...
than to challenge the Emperor himself in the great arena?
在竞技场上亲自挑战皇帝来的光荣呢?
- You would fight me? - Why not?
- 你要和我决斗? - 为什么不?
Do you think I'm afraid?
你以为我害怕吗?
I think you have been afraid all your life.
我认为你一生人也在害怕
Unlike Maximus the Invincible, who knows no fear?
不象无敌的马西墨斯 有谁从来不害怕?
I knew a man who once said, "Death smiles at us all.
一个我认识的人曾经说过 "死亡向所有人微笑...
"All a man can do is smile back."
人们所能做的就是还以微笑"
did your friend smile at his own death?
你的朋友在面对死亡时也在微笑吗?
He was your father.
他是你父亲
You loved my father, I know,
我知道 你爱我的父亲
That makes us brothers, doesn't it?
我们因此是兄弟 不是吗?
Smile for me now, brother.
兄弟 对我微笑吧
Strap on his armor. Conceal the wound.
替他穿上盔甲 把伤口遮住
Give me your sword.
把你的剑给我!
Sword! Give me a sword!
剑! 给我把剑!
Sheathe your swords. Sheathe your swords!
收剑入鞘! 收剑入鞘!
Senator Gracchus is to be reinstated.
恢复格瑞克斯议员的职位
There was a dream that was Rome.
罗马的共和是个梦想
It shall be realized.
它应当被实现
These are the wishes of Marcus Aurelius.
这些都是马可·奥勒留的心愿
Free the prisoners. Go!
释放囚犯 快去
Is Rome won'th one good mars life?
罗马值得一个好人牺牲性命吗?
We believed it once.
我们曾经相信
Make us believe it again.
那就让我们再次相信吧
He was a soldier of Rome.
他是罗马的将士
Who will help me carry him?
谁愿意来帮我一起抬他?
Now we are free.
现在我们都自由了
I will see you again.
我们会再见面的