She was Lo. Plain Lo in the morning.
她是洛,简简单单穿着袜子的洛在清晨
Standing four feet ten in one sock.
身高四尺十寸
She was Lola in slacks.
穿着松裤的时候是洛拉
She was Dolly at school.
在学校的时候她是多丽
She was Dolores on the dotted line.
她书面上的名字是多丽丝
In my arms, she was always...
在我怀里,她永远是…
But there might have been no Lolita at all...
但是如果没有在我在安娜贝尔第一次遇见她
...had I not first met Annabel.
也就不会有洛丽塔
We were both 14.
当时我们都只有十四岁
Whatever happens to a boy during the summer he's 14...
在一个男孩的十四岁的夏天时,不管什么事发生
...can mark him for life.
都可以让他铭记一生
That hotel you see, the Mirana,...
你所看到的宾馆,米兰那
...that belonged to us.
属于我们
She wanted to be a nurse.
她那时想当一名护士
I wanted to be a spy.
我想当一名间谍
All at once we were madly, hopelessly in love.
最终我们疯狂地,无可救药地相爱
Four months later, she died of typhus.
四个月之后,她死于伤寒
The shock other death froze something in me.
她的去世所带来的巨大的打击冻结了我的情感
The child I loved was gone.
我所爱的那个孩子已经去了
But I kept looking for her...
但是我一直在寻找她
...long after I'd left my own childhood behind.
很久以后我抛弃了我的童年
The poison was in the wound, you see.
就如同毒药渗入伤口
And the wound wouldn't heal.
伤口永远不能治愈
I probably should have joined the priesthood.
或许我应该加入教士
Instead, I accepted a teaching post at Beardsley College in America.
与其相反,我接受了美国比尔兹利大学的教职
I had a summer free before the Fall semester.
在秋季开学之前我有一个夏天的假期
I thought I'd finish a textbook I was working on.
我想我应该完成我正在写的一本书
A survey of French literature for American students.
一个法国文化对美国学生影响的调查
I took my advance... I took my advance...
我接受了预付款
...and went to live at the house of friends of my late uncle's, the McCoos,...
准备去我叔叔的一个名字叫莫克的朋友家居住
...in the New England town of Ramsdale.
他家在拉姆斯戴尔的新英格兰镇
But on arriving, I found that it was no longer there.
但是当我到达后,我发现那个房子已经不在那里了
But a friend of Mrs McCoo,...
但是莫克夫人的一个朋友
...a widow, Mrs Charlotte Haze,...
一个名叫夏洛特·海兹的寡妇
...agreed to accommodate me.
同意向我提供住处
One minute. Something's burnin'.
等一会,我正在煮东西
Mrs Haze'll be down in one.
海兹夫人很快就下来
Is that Professor Humbert, Louise? Tell him I'll be down in one.
露易丝,是汉伯特教授吗?告诉他我很快下来
She'll be down in one!
她很快就下来
I am so pleased to make your acquaintance.
非常高兴认识你
Frank McCoo told me all about your scholarly pursuits.
弗兰克·莫克告诉了我你所有的学者气质的爱好
I myself just cherish the French tongue.
我自己也非常喜欢法语
Um... I wonder, could l...
嗯,麻烦,我能不能
Harold and l, the late Mr Haze,...
哈罗德和我,已故的海兹先生
...we simply adored Mexico.
我们都比较喜欢墨西哥
The whole idea of a culture that sophisticated.
觉得他们的文化是那么的古老
And we think of them as primitive.
另外我们也认为他们跟原始人一样
I mean, look at us!
我是说,看看我们
I and Lo have our rooms just there.
我和洛的房间在这边
And this is your room.
这是你的房间
Space for a desk, anything you want.
可以放下一张桌子,随便你放什么东西
And at $20 a month, you can't beat the price.
二十美元一个月,不还价
And here's the bathroom. It's a bit of a mess.
这是卫生间,有点乱
And this is the kitchen.
这是厨房
Now, if you have any special food needs, you just say.
如果你有什么特殊的东西想吃的就直说
I don't know if Ramsdale can provide you with foie grass, like you're used to.
我不知道拉姆斯戴尔有没有鹅肝,就跟你平常习惯吃的那样
Uh... timetable. For when I um...
嗯,时间表,当我…
I was hoping I wouldn't have to, but I think I've got to go back to New York.
真希望我不必回去,但是我想我必须回到纽约去
- Oh, you're not too favourably impressed. - No... There's a Baudelaire conference...
- 噢,看来你不是很满意 - 不是,有一个关于波德莱尔的会议要参加
This is not a neat household, but you would be very comfortable here.
或许房子收拾得不是很整洁,但是你住在这里会很舒适
Very comfortable indeed.
确实很舒适
Don't say no until you've seen the piazza.
我带你看看后院你就不会说不了
Well, I call it the piazza.
我把这个地方叫后院
It's so much work to keep it healthy and green.
保持这里健康绿色可花了我不少功夫
It's a life's work.
一辈子的工作
And these are my lilies.
这是我的百合花
- Lily's a nice name, don't you think? - Beautiful.
- 莉莉,是个漂亮的名字,你说呢? - 非常漂亮
How much did you say the room was?
你刚才说房费是多少来着?
A normal man,...
如果给一个普通男人
...given a group photograph of schoolgirls...
一些女学生的照片
...and asked to point out the loveliest one,...
并被要求选出最喜欢的那一个
...will not necessarily choose the nymphet among them.
他必定不会选择那个早熟的
You have to be an artist,...
你必须是个艺术家
...a madman, full of shame and melancholy and despair,...
一个疯子,充满廉耻感并且忧郁而且绝望的人
...in order to recognize the little deadly demon among the others.
才能认出她们之中的那个致命的恶魔
...unrecognized by them,...
没有被认出来
...unconscious herself of her fantastic power.
对她自己的神奇的魔力一无所知
- See you later, alligator. - After a while, crocodile!
- 待会见,短吻鳄 - 待会见,鳄鱼
- Real soon, Daniel Boone. - Get fucked, Daffy Duck.
- 很快,丹尼尔布恩 - 去死,蠢鸭子
♪ Don't know why... there's no sun up in the sky ♪
♪ Since my man and I ain't together... ♪
Dolores! Have you made your bed?
多丽丝!你整理了你的床铺了吗?
No, I have not made my bed.
没有,我没有整理我的床铺
I asked you to make your bed, didn't l?
我让你整理你的床铺,有没有?
No. You asked me if I'd made my bed.
没有,你问我有没有整理我的床铺
I long for some terrific disaster.
我期待一个可怕的灾难
Spectacular explosion.
壮观的爆炸
Her mother instantly eliminated.
她妈立即终结了它
Along with everybody else for miles around.
用能让方圆一公里的人能听到的声音
Have you been having trouble sleeping?
你有失眠过吗?
You can't imagine.
你不能想象那有多痛苦
Am I getting a zit?
我是不是有丘疹?
Do you see a pimple on my chin?
你看见我下巴上的疙瘩了吗?
You look absolutely perfect to me.
在我看来,你绝对完美
Wanna see my chin wobble?
想看看我下巴颤动吗?
Is she keeping you up?
她有没有一直烦你?
Well, it's probably just a 24-hour bug.
大概是一个二十四小时漏洞
He was looking forward to meeting you.
他想见你
Has anybody seen my other sneaker?!
有人看见我的另一只球鞋吗?
Your breakfast, Professor Humbert.
你的早餐,汉伯特教授
Don't tell Mother, but I ate all your bacon.
别告诉我妈,我吃完了你的熏肉
- Dolores, that was Mrs Farlow. - So?
- 多丽丝,刚才是法洛夫人 - 那又怎样?
Rose has a temperature and can't go to Hourglass Lake.
露丝发烧不能去霍尔格拉斯湖了
- Oh, yeah? - Do not use that tone with me!
- 哦,然后? - 别用那种口气跟我说话!
Are you ready for church?
你准备好去教堂了吗?
I'm not going to that disgusting church.
我才不去那个恶心的教堂
- Young lady... - No picnic, no church.
- 年轻人… - 不去野餐我就不去教堂
That is fine with me. It is your conscience.
好吧,真没良心
I want your room spick-and-span when I get home.
我回来的时候你的房间要整整齐齐
- And wash your hair, young lady. - I did wash it!
- 另外洗你的头发 - 我洗过了
- When? - A couple of months ago.
- 什么时候? - 几个月前
I could be a dancer.
我可以称为一个舞蹈家
That's a major option.
那是我主要的选择
Cos I do have a natural grace.
因为我有与生俱来的优雅
- You know. A kind of sad beauty. - Sort of sad is right.
- 你知道,一种悲伤的美丽 - 一种悲伤倒没错
I'd like to see you dance sometime.
我有空想看看你跳舞
Little girls always want to be ballerinas, don't they?
小女孩总想称为芭蕾舞演员,不是吗?
I know I did. I know I did.
我想我是
But I was - how should I put it? - a tad too... plump?
但是我曾经是怎么说呢?太丰满了?
- Is that the right word? - Yes.
- 这个词有没有错? - 没错
I'll get more Vouvray.
我再去倒点酒
Make her take us to Hourglass Lake tomorrow.
让她明天带我们去霍尔格拉斯湖
She'll do anything you say.
你说什么她都会答应
She's getting a thing about you.
她对你着迷了
Whisper, whisper.
小点声,小点声
What are you two so cozy about?
你们两个在咕叽什么?
Um... Did I ever tell you both that...
嗯,我有没有告诉过你们
...that I was once a... um...
我曾经是
Uh... that l... I was once a cook in the North Pole?
嗯,我…我曾经在北极当过厨子
- A cook? - Well, not exactly a cook.
- 厨子? - 嗯,也不完全是
I opened a few cans.
我开过几个罐头
It was a weather expedition. And I shot a polar bear.
是个气候考察,我曾经打过北极熊
- No! - Well, I didn't hit it.
- 不会吧 - 好吧,我没打中
Why shoot a polar bear? That's a lousy thing to do.
为什么开枪打北极熊?这事可真恶心
Because I found it...
因为我发现
...with its face - Listen to this - in the ice-cream mixer.
用它的脸,听着…在冰激凌机里面?
I couldn't let that pass because we lived off ice cream.
这段我没法忘记,因为我们靠冰激凌机过活
You're out of your gourd, Humpy.
你已经语无伦次了,汉伯特
Will you stop fidgeting with the doll?
你能不能不要用这个布娃娃来烦人了?
And now we all think that Lo should go to bed.
现在我们都认为洛应该去睡觉了
What do you mean "we", paleface?
你的“我们”是指谁,白脸女人?
So, as I was saying, there I was with my white polar-bear gun...
如我所说,我把我的打北极熊的枪…
- No, I'm sorry. She's busy. - I hope you will forgive her bad manners.
- 不,不好意思,她很忙 - 希望你原谅她的没礼貌
Look! It's my modern dance creation!
看着,我的独创现代舞
Dolores Haze, turn that music down!
多丽丝·海兹,关掉那音乐!
She is a pest. Just slap her hard if she interferes with your meditations.
她是个害虫,如果她打扰了你的思考的话直接抽她就行
Hum, do you know that I have one most ambitious dream?
汉,你是不是认为我有一个很野心的梦?
To get a hold of a real trained maid...
去找一个真正培训过的女仆人
...like that German girl that the Talbots spoke of...
就跟那个德国女孩子一样,跟那个塔波特说的一样
...and have her live in the house.
让她住在房子里面
- No room. - Oh, chéri, chéri.
- 没房间了吧 - 噢,亲爱的,亲爱的
You underestimate the possibilities of our humble household.
你低估了我们的那卑微的房子
We'd put her in Lo's room.
我会让她住在洛的房间里
I intended to turn that hole into a guest room anyway.
我本来打算把门开在客人房的
But where would Lo sleep?
那么洛睡在哪里?
Little Lo does not enter the picture at all.
小洛完全不在此计划中
Little Lo goes straight from camp to a good boarding school...
小洛将会去参加寄宿学校举行的野营活动
...with strict discipline and some sound religious training.
有严格的纪律以及一些合理的宗教培训
I want all of these name tags sewn on your clothes by tomorrow.
我要把所有这些名字标签在明天都缝到你的衣服上
I didn't ask your opinion!
我想我不是在征求你的意见
I don't want to go and you can't make me.
我不想去你不能强迫我
Look, we all think it's a good idea.
听着,我们都认为这是个好主意
Professor Humbert thinks it's a good idea, I think it's a good idea, and you are going!
汉伯特教授认为这是个好主意,我认为这是个好主意,你必须得去
I asked you to put that suitcase in the car an hour ago!
我一个小时之前就让你把箱子塞进车子里了
Louise, thank you so much for helping the poor child.
露易丝,非常感谢你帮助这屁孩子
Goddamn it! Dolores, I told you to put this lunch basket in the back seat!
天杀的!多丽丝,我告诉你把野餐篮子放在后座上!
Why always tell me to do everything?
为什么老是让我去做什么?
I'm the one that won't be eating it.
我是唯一的不吃你那一套的
Louise! Brussels sprouts and meat loaf for dinner.
露易丝!晚饭吃布鲁塞尔菜芽和面包夹肉
- All right. Drive careful. - Thank you. Let's go!
- 好的,开车小心 - 谢谢,走了
- Bye, my baby. - Bye, Louise.
- 再见,夫人 - 再见,露易丝
- You be good. I'm gonna miss you. - Agh!
- 你真是太好了,我会想你的 - 啊!
Now what?! That child!
又要干吗?这屁孩子!
- Louise, maybe tenderloin. - That'd be good.
- 露易丝,牛腰肉也行 - 好的
If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times...
有没有跟你说过,我已经跟你说过一千次了…
...not to make me wait in the car.
别让我在车上等你
If you weren't going to camp, I would ground you.
如果你不是去野营,我就把你给撂倒
These damn stairs are gonna be the death of me.
这些该死的楼梯快把我给整死了
I have something for you.
我有东西要给你
I'm leaving, but I'll be back later.
我要走了,很快就回来
What the hell he doin' in there?
你他娘的还在那里干什么?
This is a confession.
这是一个忏悔
I'm a passionate and lonely woman...
我是个激情的可爱的女人…
...and you are the love of my life.
你是我一生所爱
So please, destroy this letter and go.
请毁了这封信然后走吧
I shall return by dinner time and you must be gone by then.
我将会在晚餐时回来,你那时必须走
You see, chéri, if I found you at home,...
听着,亲爱的,如果我发现你在家…
...the fact of your remaining would mean only one thing.
如果你仍然在家那么只代表一件事
That you want me as much as I do you, as a lifelong mate,...
你需要我就跟我需要你一样,称为一生的伴侣
...and that you are ready to link up your life with mine forever and ever...
而且你已经准备将你和我的生命永远连在一起
...and be a father to my little girl.
并且做我女儿的父亲
Two weeks later, we were married in a simple ceremony.
两周之后,我们在一个简单的仪式中结了婚
Big Haze made sure little Haze was not in attendance.
老海兹确保小海兹没有参加
Mm. This is bliss.
嗯,这可真是天降的福气
This is heaven on earth. Isn't it, Hump?
这简直是地上的天堂,不是吗?汉?
Are you working on your book?
你在写你的书吗?
Oh, a secret drawer. What's in there?
哦,一个秘密的抽屉,里面是什么?
Locked-up love letters.
锁起来的情书
♪ "I'm in the Mood for Love" ♪
During the six weeks we'd been married,...
在我们结婚后的头六周
...I successfully avoided most of my husbandly duties.
我成功地逃脱了大部分的丈夫的职责
Throughout July, I'd been offering Charlotte various sleeping tablets,...
整个七月,我一直给夏洛特各种不同的安眠药…
...which she gobbled down happily.
她很开心地吞下它们
She was a great taker of pills.
她吃药很强
♪ I'm in the mood for love ♪
♪ Simply because you're near me ♪
♪ Funny, but when you're near me ♪
♪ I'm in the mood for love ♪
♪ Heaven is in your eyes ♪
♪ Bright as the stars we're under ♪
♪ Oh, is it any wonder... ♪
The last dose I had tried had knocked her out for four hours.
我尝试的最后一种药把她放倒了四个小时
But that was not enough to guarantee me an undisturbed night.
但是并不足够能保证我晚上不被打扰
I think I must be immune.
我想我肯定对这个东西对我不管用
Wh... What would you give me if you wanted to uh...
嗯,你会给什么东西?如果你想
J- Just for... seven or eight hours.
七八个小时就可以
...you know, the cow... would stay asleep?
这头母牛睡得很死?
Even if you were tossing and turning next to it.
即使你在旁边乱动并转身?
My wife takes them and...
我老婆吃了这药
...I don't hear a peep out of her all night long.
我整夜都没听到她吭一声
Sounds like just the thing.
听起来就是我想要的东西
"The obnoxious mamma"?
讨人厌的大咪咪?
Well, the "old stupid Haze woman" is no longer your dupe.
那么,这个又老又蠢的海兹老女人不会再受你的骗了
You're a despicable, criminal monster.
你是个卑鄙的、罪恶的禽兽
- Now... - If you come near me I'll scream!
- 听我说… - 如果你靠近我我会尖叫!
- Let me just... - Get away from me!
- 听我解释 - 离我远点!
I'm leaving tonight.
我今晚就走
You can keep this house. I don't care.
你可以得到这个房子,我不在乎
But you will never see that miserable brat ever again.
但是你永远不会再看到那个可怜的毛孩子
Now get out of my sight!
现在快滚出我的视线!
Charlotte, you mustn't...
夏洛特,你不能…
You mustn't ruin our lives.
你不能就这样毁了我们的生活
That's just... That's just a fragment of...
那只是…那只是我所写的小说的
...a novel I'm writing.
一个片段
I used your name on those...
我只是用了你的名字
...just for... convenience.
仅仅图方便
I'll get us a drink.
我去弄点喝的
A nice stiff drink will clear both our heads.
一点带冰的饮料能让我们头脑清醒
Charlotte, I made us a nice stiff drink!
夏洛特,我给我们做了点加冰的饮料
But that's ridiculous.
但那真是荒谬
There's this man on the phone saying you've been killed, Charlotte.
电话里那个男人说你死了,夏洛特
- Are you Mr Humbert? - I am.
- 你是汉伯特先生吗? - 我是
She ran right in front of me.
她直接跑向我
I... I didn't even see her.
我…我甚至没有看到她
Is this Mrs Humbert?
这是汉伯特夫人吗?
...is this Mrs Humbert?
这是汉伯特夫人吗?
Oh, God... Oh, God!
噢,老天爷!噢,老天爷!
She was walking to the mailbox.
她那时正走向邮箱
She was going to mail these letters.
她准备寄掉这些信
I'll go and... Lie down, officer.
我要回去躺一会,警官
- Will that be all right? - You go right ahead, sir.
- 可以吗? - 你直接走吧,先生
I'll just be across in the house if you...
我只是进房间,如果你
Is that the Enchanted Hunters Hotel?
请问这是迷魂猎人宾馆吗?
Yes. This is Mr Humbert.
是的,这是汉伯特先生
Just the one night, please.
只一夜
Yes, a room with twin beds.
是的,一个两张床的标准间
For two. Well, one and a half people, really.
两个人,实际上是一个半人
It's just for me and my...
仅仅是我和我的
...my short... my small daughter.
我的个子不高的,我的小女儿
She should be here any minute.
她随时都可能到
I sent Charlie for her over at the barn.
我让查理去谷仓那边找她了
- Who's Charlie? - Come on, come on.
- 谁是查理? - 快点,快点
It's such a pleasure to watch our young people make friends.
看着我们的这些孩子们交朋友真让人开心
- So uh... who is this Charlie? - Here she is.
- 嗯,谁是查理? - 她来了
♪ Hum and Mum, Mum and Hum ♪
♪ Hum and Mum, Mum and Hum ♪
♪ Hum and Mum, Mum and Hum... ♪
- How's Mum? - Well... The doctors aren't quite sure.
- 妈妈怎么样了? - 嗯,医生说还不确定
It's something abdominal.
腹部有问题
She's in a special hospital over in Lepingville.
她在列平威尔的一家特殊的医院里
So... I thought we'd... we'd...
所以,我想我们应该…我们应该
...go over to Briceland,...
去布来士兰
...spend the night there and... visit the hospital tomorrow.
待一夜然后去那个医院
So, did you have a good time at camp?
野营玩得开心吗?
You know, I missed you.
你知道吗?我想你
Well, I didn't miss you.
可我不想你
In fact, I've been revoltingly unfaithful to you.
实际上,我令人作呕地欺骗了你
But so what? Cos you don't care about me any more anyway.
但是那又怎么样呢?反正你根本一点点都不在乎我
Why do you think I don't care about you?
为什么你认为我不在乎你?
Well, you haven't kissed me yet, have you?
你还没有亲我呢?不是吗?
- Uh, I'm sorry, officer. - See a blue sedan, same make as yours?
- 嗯,不好意思,警官 - 有没有看见一辆蓝色的汽车,跟你的差不多?
- They might have passed you at the turn. - Blue sedan? No, I don't think... agh!
- 他们或许在那个路口超过去了 - 蓝色轿车?没有,我想没有
- We didn't see a blue sedan. - No, I don't think we did.
- 我们没有看见蓝色轿车 - 没有,我认为没有
Are you sure it was blue? I saw one that was more purple.
你确定是蓝色的?我看见一个更像是紫色的
Or maybe it was more red.
或者更像红色
All right, OK. Thank you.
好的,谢谢
Don't shoot, don't shoot!
不要开枪,不要开枪
Wow! Looks swank!
哇!看起来真不错!
♪ No, I will never tell lies ♪
♪ But still I'm called Buttercup... ♪
Good evening. I have a reservation in the name of Humbert.
晚上好,我以汉伯特的名字预定了一个房间
I called last night.
昨晚打过电话的
- Two people. - Oh!
- 两个人 - 哦!
I'm sorry, Mr Humbug.
对不起,汉八哥先生
I held the room with the twin beds for you till 6.30, but I didn't hear from you.
这个房间我给你留到了六点半,但是后来没接到你的电话
We hold till 6.30. And with the flower show and Glory of Christ convention...
我们保留到了六点半,有花园景色以及基督公约
My name is not Humbug. It's Herbert.
我名字不是汉八哥,是赫伯特
Just put us in any room. Put a cot in for my daughter. She's very tired.
那么随便找个房间吧,找个吊床给我的女儿,她很累了
Perhaps I could put you in room 342. It has a double bed.
或许,我可以让你住三四二房间,有两张床
I expect we'll manage. My wife may be turning up later.
我希望可以,我妻子可能待会就到
Please sign here, mister.
请在这里签名,先生
It's a nice dog, huh?
是只漂亮的狗,对吗?
Well, that's my dog.
这是我的狗
Doesn't like everybody.
它不是喜欢每个人的
Who does he like?
它喜欢什么样的?
He can smell when people are sweet.
他能闻出来甜美的人
He likes sweet people.
他喜欢甜美的人
Nice young people.
年轻的漂亮的人
Wait a sec. You mean we're sleeping in one room?
等一下,你意思是我们睡在一个房间里?
I've asked them to send up a cot,...
我让他们送一张吊床过来
...which I'll use, if you like.
给我用,如果你愿意的话
Why, my darling?
为什么?亲爱的?
Because, my darling,...
因为,亲爱的
...when my darling mother finds out, she'll divorce you and strangle me.
当我亲爱的妈妈发现了,她会和你离婚而且勒死我
...listen to me a moment.
听着
For all practical purposes, I am your father,...
从一切实际的意图来说,我是你老爹
...and I'm responsible for your welfare.
并对你的幸福负责
Now, we're not rich.
现在,我们并不富有
So when we travel, we-we're sure to be... I mean, we'll be thrown together.
所以,我们旅行的时候我们肯定会,我的意思是,呆在一起
Two people sharing the same hotel room...
两个人呆在一个宾馆房间里
...are bound to... enter into a...
应该成为一个
How can I put it? Into a kind of um...
我该怎么说?成为
The word is "incest".
那个词是“乱伦”
I feel like we're grown-ups.
我感到我们成年了
We get to do whatever we want, right?
我们将会去我们想去的任何地方,对吗?
Whatever we want.
想去的任何地方
Whaddaya think? Are they me?
你在想什么?这是我的吗?
- Don't look now. - Why?
- 别看 - 为什么?
The guy over in the corner.
那个坐在角落的家伙
Don't look! He was staring at us.
别看!他正盯着我们
Don't you think that guy looks exactly like Quilty?
你不觉得那个家伙看起来像奎尔第吗?
What, the dentist?
什么?那个牙医?
Of course not. His brother.
当然不是,他兄弟
The writer Quilty. You know, he writes the plays.
作家奎尔第,他是剧作家
The smoking guy. He smokes the Dromes in the ad.
那个抽烟的家伙,他在广告中抽德洛姆斯的烟
We saw him in the lobby with his dog.
我们在大厅看到过他和他的狗
If I tell you how naughty I was at camp,...
如果我告诉你我在野营的时候多么不齿
...you promise you won't be mad?
你保证不会疯掉?
I want you to go to bed.
我让你上床睡觉
I'll go downstairs while you...
你脱衣服的时候我会去楼下
When I come up, I want you to be asleep.
当我回来时,我希望你已经睡着
I've been such a disgusting girl.
我真是个恶心的女孩子
Just let me tell you.
让我告诉你吧
I'm going to go now. All right?
我现在就走,明白?
Gentlewomen of the jury,...
陪审团的女士们
...if my happiness could have talked,...
如果我的快乐可以言表
...it would have filled that hotel with a deafening roar.
那么那个宾馆将会充满震耳欲聋的呐喊
...is that I did not immediately deposit key number 342 at the office...
没有立即把三四二房间的钥匙保存在办公室里
...and leave the town, the country, the planet, that very night.
…然后离开那个小镇,那个国家,那个星球,就在那天晚上
The Lord knows all, the Lord sees all, the Lord forgives all.
上帝知道一切,上帝看到一切,上帝宽恕一切
Where the devil did you get her?
你在哪里得到的这个魔女?
- I beg your pardon? - I said the weather's getting better.
- 不好意思? - 我说马上就会下雨
Who's the lassie?
这个女孩子是谁?
You lie. She's not.
你撒谎,她不是
I said July was hot.
我说七月份很热[谐音]
Where's her mother?
她妈妈在哪里?
Why don't you two lunch with me tomorrow?
你们明天中午和我共进午餐怎么样?
That clerical crowd will be gone soon.
那群牧师很快就要走了
We'll be gone too, thanks.
我们也很快就走的,谢谢
Sorry. I'm very drunk. Good night.
抱歉,我喝醉了,晚安
That child of yours needs a lot of sleep.
你孩子需要好好睡一觉
"Sleep is a rose" the Persians say.
波斯人说“睡眠是一朵玫瑰”
Not just now, thanks.
现在不抽,谢谢
Get back in the boat with Charlie. You don't have to do that.
和查理一起回船上来,你们不必这样
I'll bring you something.
我给你倒点东西喝
You... You played that with Charlie? At camp?
你…你和查理玩那个了?野营的时候?
Don't tell me you never tried it when you were a kid.
别告诉你小时侯从来没有尝试过
I guess I'm gonna have to show you everything.
我想我应该给你看一切
Gentlewomen of the jury,...
陪审团的女士们
...I was not even her first lover.
我甚至不是她的第一个爱人
What are you reading?
你在看什么?
You know that friend of yours - Charlie - at camp?
你知道你的那个朋友…查理…野营的那个
Was he the first one?
他是第一个?
Can we please get off the subject?
我们能不能不要谈这个?
I felt more and more uncomfortable.
我感到越来越不爽
It was something quite special, that feeling.
那种感觉是那么的特别
An oppressive, hideous constraint,...
一种残酷的,可拍的压抑
...as if I were sitting with the small ghost of somebody I had just killed.
就像坐在刚刚杀死的人的鬼魂旁边
Can we stop at a gas station?
我们能在加油站边停一停吗?
We can go anywhere you like.
只要你愿意,去哪儿都行
Well, I need a gas station.
那么好吧,我需要去加油站
Well, what do you expect?
那么,你想要什么?
I was a daisy-fresh girl, and look what you've done to me.
我是个黄花大闺女,看看你都对我做了什么
I should call the police and tell them that you raped me, you dirty old man.
我大可以打电话给警察告诉他们你强奸了我,你个肮脏的老男人
- Just wash the windscreen, would you? - Yes, sir.
- 麻烦你帮我洗一下挡风玻璃 - 好的,先生
I want to call Mother in hospital. What's the number?
我想给在医院的老妈打个电话,号码是多少?
Get in. You can't call the hospital.
进来,你没法打给她
Why can't I call my own mother if I want to?
为什么我不能想给我老妈打电话?如果我想打呢?
Because your mother's dead.
因为你妈妈已经去世了
We made up very gently that night.
我们那晚做得很温柔
You see, she had nowhere else to go.
你看,她没有别的地方可去
It was then that we began our extensive travels...
也就是那个时候我们开始了我们的长长的旅行
...all over the United States.
穿越了整个美国
♪ Now the native population and civilization is fine ♪
♪ That civilization is the thing for me to see ♪
♪ Whoa, bongo, bongo, bongo ♪
♪ I don't wanna leave the Congo, no, no, no, no, no, no ♪
- When's the best time to buy a bird? - I don't know. When's the best time?
- 什么时候是最合适的买鸟的时间? - 我不知道,什么时候是?
When it's going "cheep!"
当“降价”的时候
Don't say I never gave you anything.
别说我从来什么都没有给你
Ow! Don't! I'm trying to drive!
喔!呀咩跌!我正在开车!
Don't do that! Oh, no!
别搞,喔,不会吧!
If it goes out the window, I won't stop.
如果那些东西掉出去,我可不会停车
Don't! What are these? Hair grips?
别搞!这是什么?发卡?
Look! They have Magic Fingers.
看!他们有魔力手指
Give me a quarter and a dime.
给我一个二十五美分硬币和十美分硬币
For the Magic Fingers.
用魔力手指
My magic fingers aren't enough?
我的魔力手指还不够用?
♪ Amor-r-r, amor-r-r, amor-r-r-r-r ♪
♪ This w-word s-so s-sweet that I r-repeat ♪
♪ Means I adore you-u-u-u-u ♪
♪ Amor-r-r-r-r, amor-r-r-r-r, amor-r-r-r-r... ♪
Good shower for once, Lo!
一起洗澡很不错,洛!
First-rate temperature control!
水温控制的一级棒
- Agh! Lo! - Hmm?
- 啊!洛! - 嗯?
My God, Lo! Don't flush when I'm in here!
老天爷,洛!我在这里洗澡的时候别冲马桶!
That thing in your mouth.
你嘴里的那个东西
It's supposed to break your jaw. Want one?
它可以弄烂你的嘴,想要不?
Just give it to me. I've had it with that noise.
给我,我受够了那个噪音
- Come on, spit it out. I've got a headache. - It's good!
- 快点,吐出来,搞得我头疼死了 - 这东西很好玩
Look, just give it to me, will you? Spit it out.
听着,快点给我,吐出来
You look a hundred per cent better when I can't see you.
我看不到你你就是百分之百的好
We took a circuitous route - to put it mildly.
我们选择了迂回的路线
In the back of my mind was our eventual destination.
我们最终的目的地早被我抛到了脑后
Beardsley College, where I would finally take up my teaching position.
比尔兹利大学,是我最终开始我的教职的地方
But in the front of my mind was the need to keep going, keep driving.
但是目前对我来说,我需要继续前进,继续驾驶
Lo, that's the last time I let you drive this car.
洛,这是我最后一次让你开这个车
Serve into this square.
在这个方框里面
And, despite our tiffs,...
而且,不管我们的争吵
In the square, Lo. Try and get it in the square.
打到界内,洛,试试看打倒界内
...despite the fuss she made, and the danger and hopelessness of it all,...
不管她造成的麻烦,危险以及所有的无助
...despite all that, I was in paradise.
不管这一切,我简直是在天堂里
A paradise whose skies were the color of hell flames,...
这个天堂的天空的颜色跟地狱之火一样
...but a paradise still.
但它仍然是天堂
I know you have accepted a post at Beardsley College,...
我知道你已经接受了比尔兹利大学的教职
...and I know that there, academics are first, last and always.
而且我也知道,学业第一,学业最终而且学业永远重要
Well, that's not us, Mr Himmler.
但是,那不是我们,希姆莱先生
Uh... Here at Beardsley Prep,...
嗯,在比尔兹利预科学院
...what we stress are the three Ds.
我们强调的是三个“DS”
Dramatics, dancing and dating.
戏剧,舞会以及约会
Now, I know that the Reverend Rigger is behind us on this. Aren't you, Reverend?
现在,我知道教士在这一切背后监察,是吗?教士?
- All the way, Miss Pratt. Every inch. - So you see, Mr Humper,...
- 一直,普拉特女士,每个细节 - 那么你看,汉伯先生
...for the modern preadolescent, medieval dates are less vital than weekend ones.
在现在的青春期中,中世纪的约会不如周末的约会有活力
- What? Weekend what? - Dates, Mr Humping.
- 什么?周末的什么? - 约会,汉伯先生
♪ By myself alone at home ♪
I was not quite prepared for the reality of my dual role.
我还没有对我现在的角色完全准备好
On the one hand, the willing corrupter of an innocent,...
一方面,去侵蚀一个天真的…的欲念
...and on the other, Humbert the happy housewife.
另一方面,快乐的家庭主妇汉伯特
Where's the river Rhine?
莱茵河在哪里?
You should know that.
你应该知道这些
- Why? - Big battles there in the Great War.
- 为什么? - 那里有很多大的战斗
Where's the river Seine?
塞纳河在哪里?
I don't know. I don't know.
我不知道
I thought you were supposed to have learnt these.
我想你应该学过这些
It's not what I'm on.
这对这些没兴趣
It seems to be pretty relaxed, this school of yours.
你们的这所学校看起来很放松
♪ When I was a kid about half past three ♪
♪ My ma said "Daughter, come here to me" ♪
♪ Says "Things may come and things may go" ♪
♪ "But this is one thing you ought to know" ♪
♪ "Oh, t'ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it" ♪
♪ "T'ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it" ♪
♪ "T'ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it" ♪
I'm supposed to be in a play.
我想去演话剧
- What play? - I don't know.
- 什么话剧? - 我不知道
With the boys from Butler's Academy?
和一个从巴特勒学院的男生?
I don't think it's a good idea.
我不认为这是个好主意
You're depriving me of my civil rights.
你在剥夺我的公民权利
Where did you learn that language?
你从哪里学到的这些词语?
I have a right to be in a play if I want.
如果我愿意,我有权参演话剧
Not if I say you don't.
我说不行就不行
You want more, don't you?
你还想要更多,对吧?
I want things, too.
我也要有些东西
You know how my allowance is a dollar a week?
你知道我一周的零花钱是一美元吧?
Well, I think it should be two dollars.
那么,我想应该是两美元
I said, I think it should be two dollars.
我说,我想应该是辆美元
I really do think it should be two dollars.
我真的认为应该是两美元
And I get to be in the play.
而且我还要演话剧
Oh, rosy mistress of the night.
噢,夜晚的玫瑰夫人
You have enchanted many a hunter's heart.
你让如此多的猎手心情激荡
But this time, my temptress,...
但是这次,我的迷人的夫人
...you have met your match.
你遇见了你的对手
For far more than a hunter,...
比猎手强了太多
- The night has fallen, Rodrigo. - The...
- 夜幕已经垂下,罗德明哥 - 这…
Hold it! Hold it! Mona...
打住!打住!莫娜
Give us a moment. I'd like a word with Dolores.
等一会,我要和多丽丝说两句话
When you say "your larking charms", use your charms for the hunter.
当你说“欢笑的魔力”的时候,对这些猎手使用魔力
Because you're the witch.
因为是你巫婆
You're bringing the hunter to your lair.
你要把这些猎手带往你的巢穴
- Hi, Mr Humbert. - Hello, Mona.
- 嗨,汉伯特先生 - 你好,莫娜
You're nymphs. Use your nymph's charms.
你是女神,用你女神的魔力
Seduce the hunter.
引诱这些猎手
Look. See right there?
看,看到那边的那个人了吗?
That's the actual playwright, Clare Quilty. Can you believe it?
他是真正的剧作家,克莱尔·奎尔第,你能相信吗?
Let the music transform you.
用音乐让你变形
You'll feel that you've become a witch.
你感到你已经变成了巫婆
- This play any good, Mona? - Yeah. It's very political.
- 这出戏剧很不错,莫娜? - 是的,非常政治化
More wind! More wind!
风大点,风大点
More wind! I need more wind!
风大点,我需要风大点
The witches now! The witches' dance!
她是巫婆!她正在跳舞!
As she grew cooler towards my advances,...
她对我的求欢表现的越来越冷淡
...l became accustomed to purchasing her favors.
我逐渐习惯给她买她想要的东西
Where she hid the money, I never knew.
我从来不知道她把钱藏在哪里
I was convinced she was storing it away in order to finance her escape from me.
我相信她正在攒钱好让她能够在经济上摆脱我
You can't expect me to pay extra in the middle!
你怎么能在做到一半的时候涨价!
She's a lovely child, Mr Haze,...
她是个可爱的孩子,海兹先生
...but the onset of sexual maturing seems to be giving her trouble.
但是她的初步性成熟好像给她带来了麻烦
- Isn't that your observation, Reverend? - To the tee, Miss Pratt.
- 这是你的观察,是吗?神父? - 是的,普拉特女士
So, you see, it is the general impression that 14-year-old Dolores...
那么,你看,这是对一个十四岁大的多丽丝的大致印象
...is morbidly disinterested in sexual matters.
她病态地对性事缺乏兴趣
Does she never speak about these... matters?
她有没有跟你说过这些事?
She hasn't said anything.
她从没说过一句话
She hasn't breathed a word.
她从没说过一个词
Uh... But who has?
嗯,但是谁能说呢?
Are... Are you saying that I've...
你…你是在说我
This is a very serious matter.
这是个非常严重的事
What we're trying to say to you...
我们试着告诉你
...is that someone in the family,...
作为家庭的一员
This is very difficult for me.
对我来说难以启齿
Well, let me put it this way.
好吧,这么说吧
Someone in the family ought to instruct that dear child...
你们家庭的一员应该教导这个可爱的孩子…
...in the process of human reproduction.
人类繁衍的流程
- I'm so sorry. - I see that I've embarrassed you.
- 抱歉 - 我知道这让你很尴尬
Yet you, as her father, ought to take the matter well in hand.
你作为一个父亲应该把这些事情都做好
Yes. Worry not, Miss Pratt.
是的,不用但系,普拉特女士
I... um... I have... this matter in hand.
我…嗯…我知道,我会搞好的
...that's all I need to say.
这就是我要说的
How are the piano lessons going?
钢琴课怎么样?
Great. Excellent. Wonderful.
很好,很帮,很精彩
Especially since you missed the last two.
特别是你前两次课都没去
I should have told you before.
我告诉过你吧
I was in the park. I was rehearsing the play with Mona.
我去公园了,和莫娜在排练话剧
That's your story?
这是你的借口
That's what I was doing.
我是在干这些
OK. Give me Mona's phone number.
好吧,把莫娜的电话号码给我
- Mona's phone number? - Just give me Mona's phone number.
- 莫娜的电话? - 把莫娜的电话号码给我
Is Mona there, please?
请问莫娜在吗?
- Mona, this is Dolores's father. - Oh, hello, sir.
- 莫娜,这是多丽丝的父亲 - 哦,你好,先生
Mona, were you and Dolores...
莫娜,你和多丽丝
...rehearsing the play in the park for the past two Tuesday afternoons?
过去两个星期二下午去公园排练了?
The last two Tuesdays?
前两个周二?
One of them, Mona, was yesterday.
其中一个是在昨天,莫娜
You know, sir, that's... absolutely right.
是的,先生,没错
I feel awfully bad about it.
实在是抱歉
I alone am to blame, sir.
我是那个唯一该责备的人,先生
The whole rehearsing in the park thing was my idea.
在公园里排练是我的主意
We did it cos we didn't want to get on your nerves.
我们这么做是因为我们不想让你担心
And I've no doubt she'd been well instructed by you.
而且我一点也不怀疑是你让她这么说的
In fact, I've no doubt you've told her all about us.
实际上,我一点也不怀疑你把我们之间的一切告诉了她
Look, Lo, this has got to stop.
听着,洛,这一切必须停止
I don't know what you're up to, but whatever it is,...
我不知道你想干吗,但不管是什么
...I'll yank you out of Beardsley as fast as I can pack a suitcase unless this stops!
我要把你从比尔兹利送出去越快越好,除非这一切停止
Unless what stops?
除非什么停止?
- You know what! - Take it easy, mister!
- 你知道! - 慢点,先生!
- Show me every penny... - Leave me alone, you pervert!
- 把你的钱都给我 - 离我远点,你个变态!
- You're running away from me, I know. - Yes, I am! Anyone'd run away from you!
- 你要离开我,知道 - 没错,任何一个人都不想和你待在一起
- Show me what you hid! - I earned that money!
- 把你藏起来的钱给我! - 那钱是我挣来的!
Go ahead, murder me. Like you murdered my mother.
好吧,杀了我吧,就跟你谋杀我妈妈一样
Murder me like you murdered my mother!
就跟你谋杀了我妈妈一样杀了我吧!
Murder me like you murdered my mother!
就跟你谋杀了我妈妈一样杀了我吧!
- Stop that! - Go ahead! Murder me!
- 停下来! - 来吧,杀了我吧
Go on, murder me! I'm asking you to murder me!
来吧,杀了我吧!我让你杀了我!
- Shut up! - Murder me! Murder me!
- 住嘴! - 杀了我吧!杀了我吧!
- Dolores, shut up! - I hate you! I hate you!
- 多丽丝,闭嘴! - 我恨你,我恨你!
I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
抱歉,抱歉
I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!
对不起,对不起!对不起!
I do not know who you people think you are, screaming and carrying on!
真不知道你们这些人以为你们是什么,又哭又叫的!
My daughter's friend. I'm sorry. I really can't stay.
我女儿的朋友,抱歉,我要走了
Oh, good. I was just trying to reach you at home.
很好,我刚才试着往家里打电话
- I've come to a decision. - You have?
- 我已经做了决定 - 你做了决定?
So buy me a drink.
给我买杯喝的
What would you like?
你想喝什么?
Um... I'd like, uh, ice-cream soda...
嗯,我想要,嗯,冰激凌苏打水
...with extra chocolate syrup.
还要另外加巧克力酱
Nothing for me, thanks.
我什么都不要,谢谢
Pay her and let's blow this joint.
给她钱,我们忘记这次不快
And do you know what she said,...
你知道她说了什么?
...this girl who had been spurning me, mocking me,...
这个抛弃我,嘲弄我
...plotting her escape from me only hours before?
一个小时之前曾密谋离开我的女孩子
She said she wanted to leave Beardsley then and there.
说她想马上离开比尔兹利
She wanted to take another trip,...
她想开始另外一场旅行
...only this time she would choose where we would go.
只是这次她将选择我们去哪里
- OK? I choose? OK? - Yes.
- 我选择?好吗? - 好
Did Humbert hum his assent?
汉伯特先生赞成吗?
I sealed my fate gratefully.
我感激地封上了自己的命运
Look out for cigarette hangover.
找烟头
Hi. I'm Clare Quilty.
嗨,我是克莱尔·奎尔第
Remember, over a million smokers...
记住,有超过一百万吸烟者
So we have to be in...
我们现在应该是在
...Wace in exactly one week.
威斯呆一周
But why Wace in a week?
为什么在威斯呆一周?
Cos we gotta see the... ceremonial dances when they open the Magic Caves.
因为我们应该看看那些神奇舞会开始时的庆祝舞蹈
And... exactly two weeks and four days later,...
另外…准确的两周,另外四天之后
...we have to arrive in Elphinstone. See?
我们应该到达埃尔芬斯顿,看到了吗?
That's where we climb the Red Rock.
我们在那里爬红石山
We have to climb this rock exactly two weeks and four days later?
我们应该准准确确地两周零四天之后爬这座山?
Oh, I'm so excited.
噢,我真是太兴奋了
I cannot tell you the exact day I first knew for certain that we were being followed.
我没法告诉你我哪天确定我们被跟踪的
Lo, reach into the glove compartment and get the pad and pencil.
洛,打开手套柜拿一支笔一个笔记本
Got it? Now write this down.
好了吗?现在开始写
How do you spell that?
怎么拼?
No. Now write down...
不是,现在写下来
All right, give it to me.
好了,给我
Put it in the glove box. Don't put gum on it cos it'll get...
放进手套柜里,别吧口香糖弄到上面,会搞的
Why have you got your gum everywhere?
你怎么把口香糖搞得到处都是?
Put that in the glove box.
把那个东西放进手套柜
There's a detective following us.
后面有个警探跟着咱们
He looks rather like my Uncle Gustave.
他看起来很像我的叔叔古斯塔夫
He was clever, our pursuer.
他很聪明,我们的追踪者
He kept changing cars.
他一直在改变车子
But his presence was as real to me...
但是他的相貌对我来说真实得跟
...as my own breath.
我自己的呼吸一样
Then suddenly he would disappear and I'd wonder if i'd imagined everything.
后来他就突然不再出现了,我想知道他是不是已经知道了这一切
Lo! What did that man say to you?
洛!那个男人跟你说了什么?
♪ Bags around your eyeballs which is red instead of white ♪
- What did he say to you? - The guy I was talking to?
- 他跟你说什么了? - 那个跟我说话的男人?
♪ Shucks, I shoulda known... ♪
Just tell me what he said to you.
快点告诉我他跟你说什么了
He asked me if I had a map. He must've been lost.
他问我有没有地图,他一定是把他的弄丢了
♪ My heart's plumb gone ♪
♪ Cos you used temptation ♪
♪ It'd be thrilling... if'n you're willing ♪
Look, I've told you about talking to strangers. You've no idea...
听着,我已经告诉过你跟陌生人谈话的害处,你完全不知道
You're very young and people can take advantage of you.
你很年轻,别人会占你便宜的
Very hard to imagine.
难以想象
That man was the cop who's been following us.
那个跟踪我们的男人是个条子
You have to tell me exactly what you told him.
你必须告诉我他跟你说的每一个字
If he really is a cop, the worst thing we can do is let him know we're scared.
如果他真是个条子,最糟糕的事就是让他知道我们吓坏了
Then he'll know that we're guilty.
然后他就知道我们有罪
Or rather, that you're guilty.
或者,你有罪
♪ Don't sit under the apple tree with anyone else but me... ♪
♪ With anyone else but me ♪
♪ With anyone else but me, no, no, no ♪
♪ With anyone else but me, no, no, no ♪
♪ No, no, don't go under the apple tree ♪
There's something wrong with the steering.
方向盘有点问题
What are you doing?!
你在搞么比?
You got a flat, mister.
你车胎爆了,先生
♪ Open the door, and let me in ♪
♪ Richard, why don't you open the door? ♪
Hey, you! Come back here!
嘿,你!回来!
Put on the handbrake!
快点拉手闸
Pull the handbrake up! Lo!
快点把手闸拉上!洛!
Lo! Pull on the handbrake. Stop the car.
洛!把手闸拉上,把车停下
Put the handbrake on. Down there! Pull it!
把手闸拉上,停下来,快点拉
What did you think you were doing?
你以为你在干吗?
You should thank me.
你应该感谢我
The car was rolling and I stopped it.
车子跑了但是我停住了它
You should thank me.
你应该感谢我
Pass me the pad in the glove compartment.
把手套柜里的笔记本给我
It was smart of us to write his number down.
我们吧他的车牌号码写下来真是太聪明了
Come here. Come here.
回来,回来
I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
对不起,对不起,对不起
Shall I walk down to the town and get you some fruit?
要不要去镇子上给你买点水果?
♪ Open the door, Richard ♪
♪ Open the door and let me in ♪
♪ Open the door, Richard ♪
♪ - Richard... - Why don't you open that door? ♪
♪ Borrow confidently from HFC ♪
Quilty can't be here in our studio because he's in Wace, Texas tonight...
奎尔第今晚可以来我们演播室,因为他现在在德克萨斯,威斯
...working on the premiere of his brand-new play.
正在写他的最新话剧的第一章
But I want to welcome his writing partner,...
但是我想欢迎他的写作伙伴
...the lovely and talented Miss Vivian Darkbloom.
可爱的充满天分的维维安·达克布卢姆小姐
Let's give her a warm Texas welcome.
让我们给她一个热情的德克萨斯式欢迎
Well, I did go out for a second.
好吧,我出去了一小会
You were gone so long. I wanted to see if you were coming back.
你出去了这么久,我想看看你是不是回来了
You tell me who it is! Who is it?
你告诉我他是谁?他是谁?
Who is it? Tell me who it is.
他是谁?告诉我他是谁?
You tell me. Who is it?
告诉我,他是谁?
Please... tell... me!
求求你,告诉我!
Please... please...
求求你!求求你!
I'll show you to room number 29.
我带你们去二十九号房间
It's one of our nicer rooms.
这是我们最好的房间
Say, what's wrong with your little daughter? Is she ill?
你女儿怎么了?她病了吗?
Oh, no. She's just feeling a bit... um...
哦,不,她只是有点
I don't feel... I don't feel very well.
我觉得…我觉得不舒服
Nothing serious. I've had 40 cases in two weeks.
并不严重,这两周有四十个这样的病人
- So can I take her home? - We're gonna keep her here overnight.
- 我可以带她回家吗? - 我们必须让她在医院观察一夜
Keep her hydrated, help her sleep.
让她多喝水,帮助她睡眠
Why don't you get some sleep? It won't help if you catch it.
你怎么不去睡觉?你呆在这也没用
I think I have already. I feel dreadful.
我已经睡过了,我很担心
- Maybe I should stay. - Go.
- 或许我应该留下来 - 回去吧
Call us in the morning.
明天早上给我打电话
- Here, I'll take those. - Thank you.
- 把花给我吧 - 谢谢
Uh, yes, hello. This is Mr Humbert.
嗯,是的,你好,我是汉伯特先生
I'm calling to see how my... daughter, Dolores Haze, is.
我打电话来问问我女儿怎么样了,多丽丝·海兹
Oh, she's much better.
哦,她好多了
She was up early. No trace of fever.
她很早就起来了,烧也退了
And when Uncle Gustave came for her, we signed her out.
她叔叔古斯塔夫来接她走,我们签字让她离开了
Who? Wh... Wh... Who?
谁?谁?
Uncle Gustave, Dolores called him.
古斯塔夫叔叔,多丽丝这么叫他
He had a sweet little dog. He was the nicest man. Had a big smile.
他有一只聪明伶俐的狗,他真是个大好人,笑容可掬的
- And you let her go with him? - Oh, yes. He paid the bill in cash.
- 你就让她跟他走了? - 哦,是的,他用现金付的药费
They said to tell you not to worry, and they'll be at Grandpa's expecting you.
他们说让你不用担心,他们会在爷爷家等你
Then they went off in that nice Cadillac.
然后他们进了那辆漂亮的凯迪拉克
- Where is she? - Who?
- 她在哪儿? - 谁?
Who took her? Somebody took my daughter.
谁把她带走了?有人把我女儿带走了
- You need to talk to the doctor. - But who took her?
- 你应该跟一生说 - 但是谁把她带走了?
My daughter was in there last night.
我女儿昨天晚上还在这儿
- Who took her away? - Hey, relax, pal!
- 谁把她带走了? - 嘿,放松,老兄
Don't tell me to relax! I'm looking for my daughter! Doctor!
别告诉我让我放松!我在找我女儿!医生!
What have you done with her?
你对她做了什么?
Where is she? Where is she?
她在哪儿?她在哪儿?
Tell me where she is! Where is she?
告诉我她在哪儿!她在哪儿?
Where has she gone? Where? Where? Where?
她去哪儿了?哪儿?哪儿?哪儿?
You leave me alone, you bastards!
滚开,混蛋!
You fucking fiends!
你个该死的恶魔
Tell me where she is!
告诉我她在哪儿!
Get me to that man!
帮我搞定那个人!
I'm just looking for my daughter!
我只是在找我的女儿!
- I said relax! - I want to know where she -
- 我说过放松! - 我只想知道她在哪儿
I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Sorry, sorry, sorry.
对不起,对不起,对不起,对不起
I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
对不起,对不起
I'm sorry. I'm just a little bit...
对不起,我只是有点
I think I may just have... had a little too much to drink. Sorry.
我想我只是有点…喝多了,对不起
I'm very worried about my daughter, you see.
我很担心我女儿,你知道
But she's with her Uncle Gustave.
但是她跟古斯塔夫叔叔在一起
So she'll be all right.
她应该没事
I'm very sorry. Please forgive me.
非常抱歉,请原谅我
She's gone to her... grandpa's farm.
她去她爷爷的农场了
She'll be absolutely fine there.
她肯定没事
What better place for her?
哪里有比那更好的地方?
So sorry. Thank you very much.
对不起,,非常感谢
I searched all our old haunts...
我找了所有我们去过的地方
...and for several months the trail remained warm.
好几个月,那些痕迹依然温暖
The thief, the kidnapper, whatever you want to call him,...
那个贼,绑架犯,无论你叫他什么
He would disguise his name.
他肯定用的是假名
But I could always tell his handwriting.
但是我一直认识他的字迹
He had very peculiar Ts, Ws and Ls.
他写的Ts、Ws、LS非常特别
Do you know his name?
你知道他的名字吗?
What does he look like?
他看起来什么样?
- Let me help. - No, please...
- 让我帮你 - 不,请你
Ladies, I'm sorry. We're trying to find...
女士,抱歉,我正在找
It must be hard for you who already know who it was...
我想你们肯定很难理解
...to understand my mystification.
我的神经质
Or maybe you think I was imagining things.
或者你们可能认为我有幻想症
Maybe you think it impossible that there could have been another like me.
或许你们认为不可能有另外一个像我这样的人
Another mad lover of nymphets following us over the great and ugly plains.
另外一个喜欢早熟少女的男人跟踪了我们整个丑陋的平原
Well, you are right, of course.
那么,你是对的,当然
There was no-one else like me.
没有一个人会像我一样
Eventually the trail went cold and dead.
最终这些线索逐渐消失
And I went back to cold, dead Beardsley.
我最后回到了冰冷的,死气沉沉的比尔兹利
"Dear Dad, how's everything?"
“亲爱的爸爸,一切还好吗?”
"I'm married. I'm going to have a baby."
“我结婚了,我马上就要生孩子了”
"I guess it'll come right around Christmas."
“我想应该是圣诞节前后”
"This is a hard letter to write."
“写这封信对我来说很艰难”
"I'm going nuts because we don't have enough...
“我们很困难,因为我们没有足够的”
...to pay our debts and get out of here."
来付账单并离开这里“
"Dick has been promised a big job in Alaska."
“迪克许诺会在阿拉斯加找个好工作”
"Are you still mad at me?" "Are you still mad at me?"
“你仍然对我很生气吗?”
"Please send us a cheque, Dad. We could manage with three or four hundred,...
“请寄给我一张支票,我想三四百块钱就足够了”
...or even less. Anything is welcome."
更少也可以,任何帮助都可以“
"I have gone through much sadness and hardship."
我已经受够了悲哀和困苦
"Yours expecting, Dolly."
“期待你的回复,多丽”
"Mrs Richard F...
“理查德·F太太”
You, Molly, stay out.
你,莫利,呆在外面
Where do you wanna sit? The rocker or the divan?
你想坐哪儿?摇椅还是沙发?
Come sit with me on the divan.
过来跟我一起坐在沙发上吧
You want me to call him in?
你想让我叫他进来吗?
He's not the one I want.
他不是我找的那个人
He's not the what?
他不是什么?
You know what I mean.
你知道我指的是什么
Dick has nothing to do with all that stuff. He thinks you're my father.
迪克跟整件事没有关系,他以为你是我父亲
Please don't bring up all that muck.
请不要把事情搞那么复杂
- All right, I'll find out myself. - You really don't know?
- 好吧,我自己会搞清楚 - 你真不知道?
My God, Dad, it was Quilty.
老天爷,爸爸,是奎尔第
It was Clare Quilty.
是克莱尔·奎尔第
He was the only man I was ever really crazy about.
他是唯一的一个让我疯狂的男人
Where did he take you?
他带你去哪儿了?
Well, everybody knew he liked little girls.
好吧,每个人都知道他喜欢小姑娘
He used to film them in his mansion over in Parkington, Pavor Manor.
他曾经在他在帕金顿的豪宅里把她们拍下来
But I wasn't gonna do all those things.
但是我没有干那些事情
Two girls and two boys or...
两个男孩两个女孩或者
...l don't know, three or four men.
我不清楚,大概三四个男人
And Vivian was filming the whole thing.
另外,维维安把整个过程拍下来
I said "No, I'm not gonna blow all those beastly boys."
我说“不,我才不会给这些禽兽男人们吹箫”
So he threw me out.
所以她把我除外了
I looked and looked at her...
我看着她,看了又看
...and I knew, as clearly as I know that I will die,...
我知道,就像我知道我必死无疑那样清楚
...that I loved her more than anything I'd ever seen or imagined on earth.
我是如此的爱她,胜过我所看到的所能想象到的地球上的任何事物
She was only the dead leaf echo of the nymphet from long ago...
她以前是一个妖女,现在却像一片枯叶
...but I loved her, this Lolita,...
但是我爱她,这个洛丽塔
...pale and polluted and big with another man's child.
苍白、臃肿、混俗,怀着别的男人的孩子
She could fade and wither - I didn't care.
她可以褪色,可以枯萎,我不在乎
I would still go mad with tenderness...
但我只要看她一眼
...at the mere sight other face.
万般柔情,涌上心头
From here to that old car that you know so well...
从这里到那个你熟悉的汽车
...is a stretch of 25 paces.
只有二十五步的距离
Make those 25 steps...
走过这二十五步
You're saying you'll give us some money if I go to a motel with you?
你是说如果我跟你一起去汽车旅馆你就会给我点钱?
I'm saying leave here and come live with me, die with me, everything with me.
我是说你离开这里和我一起生活,一起死去,和我一起干任何事
If you refuse, you still get the money.
如果你拒绝,你仍然能拿到这些钱
- Really? - Yeah.
- 真的? - 是的
You're giving us four thousand bucks?
你给了我四千美元?
- Thank you... - No...
- 谢谢 - 不要
I'll die if you touch me.
你一碰我我就会死
Just tell me... there's a chance you'll come with me.
我只想告诉你,你有机会跟我一起走
I'd almost rather go back with Clare.
我宁愿跟克莱尔走
- Can I call Dick in to say goodbye? - No. I don't want to see him, at all.
- 我让迪克回来跟你告别? - 不用了,我根本不想见他
Lo, can you ever forget what I've done to you?
洛,你能不能忘记我对你做过的事情?
Say goodbye, Molly.
说再见,莫利
Say goodbye to my dad.
跟爸爸说再见
Dick! Guess what!
迪克!你猜有什么好消息!
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury,...
陪审团的先生女士们
...l have to say that I regret all I did before that last goodbye in Coalmont.
我必须说我对在煤山那次告别以前所作的事感到后悔
But I regret nothing of what came after.
但我从来不对后来发生的事后悔
Are you, by any chance, Brewster?
你是,是不是布鲁斯特?
You know, you don't look like Jack Brewster.
你知道不,你看起来不像杰克·布鲁斯特
I mean, the resemblance is not particularly striking.
我是说,神似并不让人感到意外
Somebody told me he had a brother with the same phone company.
有人说他有个兄弟有一个同样的电话公司
I'm neither of the Brewsters.
我不是什么布鲁斯特兄弟
Do you recall a little girl named...
你记不记得有个小女孩名字叫
You see, I'm her father.
你晓得不,我是她父亲
You're a foreigner. You're an agent of a foreign power.
你是外国人,你是外国势力的特工
You're a foreign literary agent.
你是个外国文化特工
She was my daughter.
她是我女儿
Oh, you know, I adore children myself.
哦,你知道,我喜欢孩子们
Oh. There they are.
哦,找到了
Now we need matches. You got a light?
现在我需要一些火柴,借个火?
Quilty, I want you to concentrate.
奎尔第,你给我集中精神
You're about to die.
你马上就要死
Do you want to be executed standing up or sitting down?
你想站着死还是坐着死?
Just let me think, let me think. It's not an easy question.
让我想想,让我想想,这是个很难回答的问题
Try to understand what is happening.
我只想知道发生了什么事
- Remember Dolores Haze. - I'm willing...
- 记得多丽丝·海兹? - 我愿意
I'm willing to try. I am. Just...
我愿意试试,我…只是
I made a mistake, which I regret,...
我犯了个错误,我很后悔
I couldn't have any fun with your Dolly. I'm practically impotent is the sad truth.
我跟多丽之间什么都没发生,实际上,我性无能
But she had a swell vacation, met some remarkable people. Hey, do you know -
但是她有个很棒的假期,见到了很多不错的人,嘿,你知道吧?
You cheated me of my redemption.
你欺骗了我的救赎
- You have to die. - I don't know what you're talking about.
- 你必须得死 - 我不知道你在说什么
My memory and my eloquence are not at their best today.
我的大脑和舌头今天有点不听使唤
But really, you have to admit you were never an ideal stepfather.
但是真的,你必须承认你从来不是一个理想的继父
I did not force your protégée to join me.
我没有强迫你的女儿加入我们
It was she who made me remove her to a happier home.
是她让我把她带到一个快乐的家中
Look around you. See?
看看你四周,看到了吗?
You see this house?
你看到这座房子了?
It's very cool in the summer. Comfortable. I suggest that you move in, hm?
夏天很凉快,很舒服,我建议你搬进来,嗯?
I think you'll be happy here.
我想你住在这里一定很开心
You can use my wardrobe.
你可以用我的衣柜
We have the most reliable and bribable charwoman.
我们有最可信赖的的女佣
"Cleaning lady" is the American term.
“清洁女工”是一个美国式条款
She has not only daughters, she has granddaughters.
她不仅有女儿,还有孙女
And I know a thing or two about the chief of police...
我还知道一两个关于警察局长的事
...that makes him my slave.
让他成为我的奴隶的事
My slave. Drop the gun.
我的奴隶,把枪扔掉
And here's another thing. Drop the gun.
还有件事,把枪扔掉
I have, upstairs, the most unique collection of erotica.
就在楼上,我还有独一无二的色情刊物的收藏品
Drop the gun. Drop the gun.
把枪扔掉,把枪扔掉
Also, moreover, I can arrange for you to attend executions.
另外,我还可以安排你去参加死刑执行
Not everybody knows the chair is painted yellow.
并不是每个人知道电椅是漆成黄色的
That hurts atrociously, my dear fellow.
我亲爱的老兄,那很的很疼
You should not continue in this fashion, really.
你真的不该一直穿成这个样子
What I heard then was the melody of children at play.
我听到了孩子们的欢声笑语
Nothing but that.
除此之外,没有别的
And I knew that the hopelessly poignant thing...
让我心灰意冷的并不是
...was not Lolita's absence from my side...
洛丽塔不在我身边
...but the absence other voice from that chorus.
而是这里的欢笑声中没有她