--==本影片由 CMCT 团队 荣誉出品==--更多精彩影视 请访问 http://cmct.cc
影片压制:子龍 字幕调校:子龍 招募Q号:76846146
A story like mine should never be told.
像我这样的故事应该被人彻底遗忘
For my world is as forbidden as it is fragile.
我的世界充满禁忌 却又异常脆弱
Without its mysteries, it cannot survive.
能够延续至今 只因它太过神秘
I certainly wasn't born to the life of a geisha.
当然 我并非天生而为艺伎
Like so much in my strange life...
就像我生命中其它的遭遇一样
... I was carried there by the current.
一切都是偶然
The first time I knew my mother was sick...
我第一次知道母亲得了重病
... was when my father threw the fish back into the sea.
是当父亲把捕来的鱼扔回海里
That night we went hungry.
那天晚上我们都挨了饿
"To understand emptiness," he told us.
他告诉我们: "要学会挨饿"
Mother always said my sister Satsu was like wood.
母亲常说我姐姐夏子是个木头
As rooted to the earth as a sakura tree.
就像樱花树似的把根扎进土里
But she told me I was like water.
而她说我却像水
Water can carve its way, even through stone.
滴水尚能穿石 水会为自己开路
And when trapped, water makes a new path.
即使困于一隅 水仍能另辟蹊径
These are the girls from Tanaka?
这些是田中带来的姑娘?
Sisters, yes, from Yoroido.
是的 是一对姐妹 来自养老町
This one, maybe. The other one, no.
这一个 还行 那个 不要
- No, no, Chiyo! Chiyo! Chiyo! - Satsu! Satsu!
-千代 千代 千代 -夏子 夏子
- Chiyo! - Satsu!
-千代 -夏子
Show your respect for Mother.
对妈妈要尊敬
You must not speak. I will answer for you.
你不可以说话 我来回答问题
And head down. Never look her in the face.
低头 不许看她的脸
- How old are you? - She is Year of the Rooster.
-多大了? -她属鸡
Where is my sister?
我姐姐呢?
Let me see those eyes.
让我瞧瞧眼睛
But, Okasan, a little water is good to guard against fire.
妈妈 但是水可以克火啊
You won't have to worry about the okiya burning...
这样您就不用担心置屋失火
...losing all your kimono.
殃及您的和服了
These country girls.
这些乡下孩子
Too late to send her back now.
现在送她们回去也来不及了
Pumpkin. Keep her quiet. Mother is downstairs.
小南瓜 别让她出声 妈妈在楼下
Let me go! Let me go! Let me go!
放我走 放我走
- Stop that. - Let me go!
-别这样 -放我走
Mother will hear you. She's got a bamboo stick.
妈妈会听见的 她的竹鞭可厉害了
I want my sister! Satsu!
我要姐姐 夏子
I cried too at first.
我刚来的时候也哭过
You know, it is easier if you just forget everything...
你要明白 只有忘记一切
...that happened before you came to the okiya.
忘掉你来置屋之前的生活 你的日子才会好过一些
If you impress Mother and do exactly as she says...
如果你听妈妈的话 而且给她留下个好印象
...she will send you to school to be a geisha.
她就会送你去学校 学当一名艺伎
A geisha. Like Hatsumomo.
艺伎 就像初桃
You will get to drink sake and sleep until noon.
到那时你就衣食无虞 高枕无忧了
Where is my sister?
我姐姐呢?
Probably in another okiya in the hanamachi.
也许在祗园的另一个置屋
Your family sold you to this house.
你家人把你卖到这里
You live here now.
你现在属于这里
Outside, you wear these.
出门 穿这套
We don't display our naked feet like monkeys.
我们决不能像猴子一样露出双脚
It's not flesh we're selling here.
这里不是卖肉的铺子
This is a geisha house.
这里是祗园
Remember to always honor this okiya.
要记住 为这个置屋争光
You listen, you learn.
认真听 认真学
Be quiet. Hatsumomo is sleeping.
安静 初桃在睡觉
Pumpkin, when can I go outside?
小南瓜 我们什么时候能出去?
Outside the okiya? You can't. It's not allowed.
离开置屋?不可能 你别想了
How will I find Satsu?
那我怎么才能找到夏子?
You can't just walk up to every house in the hanamachi.
你不可能找遍祗园的每一家置屋
Do you know how many there are?
你知不知道有多少家?
Chiyo. Chiyo-chan.
千代 小千代
Come. Two nights ago, Hatsumomo had to stay at the teahouse until dawn.
过来 初桃在一家茶屋彻夜未归
That's what she told Mother. But she was really here with a man the whole...
她对妈妈是这么说的 实际上她是和一个男人
Why can't you be quiet?
你能不能安静点?
So this is the new arrival.
这就是那个新来的
A pity she still stinks of fish.
真可怜 还带着一股鱼腥味
Stay out of my room.
别进我的房间
Your fingers smell.
留神你的脏手
I can't have you touching my things.
千万不要碰我的东西
Only reason Mother tolerates Hatsumomo...
妈妈能容忍初桃的唯一原因是
...is because she brings in good money.
她是一棵摇钱树
It is Hatsumomo who pays for your supper...
你的一衣一食
...the clothes on your back.
都是初桃挣来的
By the time she was 20...
她才二十岁的时候
...she had already earned back her purchase price.
就已经把自己的赎身钱挣够了
She has been the talk of the hanamachi ever since.
她就是祗园的话题人物 简直是红极一时
These are all hers?
这些都是她的?
Certainly not. They belong to the okiya.
当然不是 这些都是置屋的
A kimono like this, made of Tatsumura silk...
这样一件辰村丝绸做成的和服
...it would take a lifetime to earn.
够你挣一辈子的了
A geisha needs an elegant wardrobe...
一名艺伎需要一身高雅的行头
...just like an artist needs ink.
就像作家需要墨水
If she's not properly dressed, then she is not a true geisha.
如果穿着不够得体 就称不上是真正的艺伎
Nobody told me what a geisha is.
没有人告诉我艺伎是什么
You will find out soon enough.
你很快就会明白的
I have news for you, child.
我有一条消息 孩子
Mother has determined it is off to school with you.
妈妈已经决定了要送你们去学校
You are to become geisha.
你们将会成为艺伎
Quick, quick! Don't be late!
别点 别迟到了
Pumpkin! I'm going to run. I'm going to find Satsu.
小南瓜 我想要逃走 我想去找夏子
No, Chiyo-chan, don't!
不行 千代 别这样
You will ruin your own chances. And mine too.
你这样会错失唯一的机会 还会连累到我
Please, stay with me.
求你了 和我在一起
Look for your sister's name later.
以后再找你姐姐的名字
Chiyo! Where is Granny's food?
千代 奶奶的饭呢?
Where have you been?
你去哪儿了?
- With millions of people unemployed, on the brink of starvation.
数百万人失去工作 食不果腹
Banking institutions have continued to suffer in Germany...
银行业由于德国迅猛的通货膨胀
... due to rapid inflation.
而持续受挫
Another cause of Germany's suffering is the constant struggle...
另一个原因则是
... to pay the heavy burden of war reparations it's still...
长期备战带来的高额赋税
Chiyo! Chiyo, come quickly!
千代 千代 快来
Hatsumomo is at the bathhouse. Tidy up.
初桃正在洗澡 整理干净
- But she told me to stay out... - Hatsumomo does not run this okiya.
-但是她告诉我不许进她的房间 -这家置屋可不是她开的
The Japanese emperor has agreed to send army instructors to Manchuria.
"天皇已经决定向满洲派出随军讲师 "
Why, look who's in my room.
怎么了 是谁在我房间里
Did you touch this?
你碰过这个了?
I can just hear the General now.
我可以想像将军会怎么说
"Why, Hatsumomo, you used to smell of jasmine.
怎么了 初桃 你一向都用薰衣草的香水
What's this new perfume? Blowfish?"
这次的是什么味道?咸鱼香水?
I told you never to touch my things. Can't you understand why?
我告诉你不许碰我的东西 现在你知道为什么了?
Because your General will say, "Hatsumomo, you stink."
因为你的将军会说: "初桃 你真臭"
At least you don't smell as bad as your sister.
不过至少你比你姐姐好闻一些
You know, she was here. She came by looking for you.
知道么 她来过 来找你
Was I wrong to ask her to leave?
我打发她走了 有问题吗?
Please, tell me where she is.
请告诉我她在哪里
Only if you swear yourself to me first.
除非你先发誓听我的话
Hatsumomo. You'll wake the entire house.
初桃 整屋子都听见了
Your big sister is thirsty. So am I. Go get us some beer.
你大姐和我都渴了 去拿些啤酒来
I'm not in the mood for beer.
我没心思喝酒
I know what you're in the mood for, and his name is Koichi.
我知道你的心思在谁身上 还知道他名叫幸一
What did you say, Korin?
你说什么 小玲?
I'm sorry. I forgot.
对不起 我忘了
You're just jealous someone cares for me.
你是在嫉妒有人关心我
Guess who this belongs to.
猜猜这是谁的?
A geisha as desired as she is...
像她这样有名的艺伎
...ought to keep a close eye on her clothes.
应当时刻留心自己的和服
- It's Mameha's? - Yes.
-是真美羽的? -没错
- How did you get it? - Bribed her maid.
-你怎么弄到的? -贿赂她的佣人
- There. - I can't.
-这儿 -不行
- Little Chiyo, come. Come. - Chiyo.
-漂亮的千代 过来 -千代
Now, then, little Chiyo, it's time to practice your calligraphy.
来 小千代 现在该你来展示一下书法了
Remember, you swore yourself to me.
记住 你向我发誓了
Don't let anybody see you.
别让人看到你
This will teach the great Mameha.
这是给真美羽一个教训
That kimono was worth more than you!
那件和服比你这个人还值钱
Careful! You will hurt yourself more than her!
小心 气坏了身体可不值得
What have you done to Hatsumomo?
你怎么会得罪了初桃?
I haven't done anything. I promise you.
我什么也没做 我保证
Her little trick with that kimono will cost you.
她用那件和服耍的伎俩会害了你
Whatever you have done to anger her, you'd be wise to stop now.
不管你做了什么让她恼火的事 现在收手才是明智之举
I will beat you hard...
我会打得很重
...so Mother does not beat you harder.
因为妈妈会打得更重
I told you not to let anybody see you.
我告诉你别让人看到
I have kept my promise.
我已经履行了誓言
So tell me, where is she?
现在告诉我吧 她在哪里?
She's in the next hanamachi in the house called Tatsuyo.
她在祗园的一个名叫多津代的置屋
In the pleasure district.
在红灯区
Trust me, little Chiyo, you will find her.
相信我 小千代 你会找到她的
Satsu from Yoroido! Satsu! Satsu!
我找养老町来的夏子 夏子
No! Satsu! No! Satsu! Satsu!
夏子 夏子
- What took you so long? - But, Satsu, I tried!
-怎么这么久才来? -我尽力了
I went to your okiya weeks ago. They laughed and turned me away.
我几周前就去了你的置屋 他们都嘲笑我 把我赶出来
Please, I did not know!
对不起 我不知道
I've missed you so much!
想死我了
Let's leave. Tonight.
我们走吧 今晚就走
But we need money, Chiyo. I know I can steal some first thing tomorrow.
可我们需要钱 千代 我明天有机会能偷到一些
- No, please! Tonight! - No, tomorrow!
-不行 今晚就走 -不 明天
Meet me at the Sasame Bridge as soon as it's dark.
明天太阳下山的时候在笹目桥等我
Now I have to go. Quickly, before someone catches us.
现在我得走了 快点 否则会被人抓到
What if I cannot get away?
万一我出不来呢?
Be there, Chiyo. It's our one chance.
一定要到 千代 这是我们唯一的机会
Once I've left, I can't go back.
我一旦出了这扇门 就再也回不去了
I've waited as long as I can. Now go!
我会尽量等你 快走吧
What is she doing here? She's seen us.
她怎么会在这里 她看到我们了
Stupid girl. Why have you come back?
傻姑娘 你怎么回来了?
Your perfect chance to escape!
你想逃走 这是最好的机会
- Koichi, please. - Look at us.
-幸一 别这样 -看我们
Sneaking around like criminals.
就像是偷东西的罪犯
- Koichi, don't... - It's degrading.
-幸一 别 -这是一种耻辱
Look, Okasan! I caught her stealing!
看 妈妈 我抓到她在偷东西
She was running away with her sister, the whore!
她想要和她姐姐一起逃走 这婊子
- After all we have done for her! - I saw her with a man! Right there!
-我们对她这么好都白费了 -我看到她和一个男人 就在这儿
His name is Koichi!
他名叫幸一
Shut up! We should kick her out!
闭嘴 我们应该把她赶走
You are never to see him again.
你再也见不到他了
What do you think? A geisha is free to love?
你在想什么?艺伎也想要有爱情?
No one is leaving this okiya.
没有人能离开置屋
Dr. Moro is very expensive.
毛吕医生收费很高
You seem to be racking up quite a debt.
看来你已经欠了一身的债了
Kimono destroyed...
弄坏的和服
...geisha school...
学校的学费
...rice and pickles, train ticket, Mr. Bekku.
伙食 车费 别宫先生
All this on top of the money I paid Mr. Tanaka.
还有我付给田中的钱
And now I hear that your sister has run away.
现在我听说你姐姐已经逃走
She didn't wait for you. And now she can never come back.
她没有等你 也再不会回来
You must forget you ever had a sister.
你必须忘掉你有这么一个姐姐
We are your only family now.
现在这里就是你的家
"Dear Satsu and little Chiyo:
亲爱的夏子和小千代:
As one who was once an orphan child myself...
正如我自己也是一个孤儿
...this humble person is sorry to inform you...
我这个卑微的人很遗憾地告诉你们
...that six weeks after you left for your new life in Miyako...
你们到了京都六个星期以后
...the suffering of your honored mother came to its end.
你们的母亲结束了痛苦的煎熬
And only a few weeks afterward...
又过了几个星期
...your honored father departed this world as well.
你们引以为荣的父亲也随她去了
This humble person feels confident both your honored parents...
你们的双亲都去了天堂
...have found their places in paradise. But happily..."
令我这个卑微的人感到欣慰
... there is a poem called "Loss" carved into the stone.
有一块石头上刻着一首诗 叫做《失落》
It has three words.
一共有三句
But the poet has scratched them out.
但是作者把诗句都铲去了
You cannot read "Loss."
你没法读到这首《失落》
My father and mother had left this life.
我的父母离开了这个世界
My sister, I never heard of again.
我的姐姐 也再无任何音讯
I had dishonored the okiya, so Mother had other plans for me.
我给置屋抹了黑 所以妈妈改变了主意
I would pay back my debt...
我得用自己的工作报酬来还债
... year after year after year.
日复一日 年复一年
Not as a geisha.
不是作为一名艺伎
It is too pretty a day to be so unhappy.
这么好的天气 为什么不开心呢?
Nothing to be ashamed of. We all stumble from time to time.
没什么可脸红的 每个人都有不顺心的时候
You see that enchanting lady in green?
你看到那位穿绿衣服的美女吗?
Once, when she was just a maiko, she fell clean off her wooden shoes.
在她还是一名舞伎的时候 穿着木鞋都会摔跟头
And now look at her. So elegant.
现在你看她 多么优雅
Mr. Chairman, shouldn't we hurry? We will miss the beginning.
主席先生 我们应该走了 否则就看不到开场戏了
We see the Spring Dances every year. We can spare a moment.
我们每年都来看春之祭 在此地消磨一会儿也无所谓
What's your name?
你叫什么名字?
Don't be afraid to look at me.
别怕 看着我
Do you like sweet plum or cherry?
你喜欢梅子或者樱桃吗?
I like sweet plum myself.
我自己就很喜欢梅子
None of us find as much kindness in this life as we should.
我们在生活中找到的乐趣都太少
Hi. Both kinds, please.
各来一份 谢谢
My children wait for these every spring.
我的孩子每年春天都盼着这个
Now I'm a geisha too.
现在我也是艺伎了
How did you come by such surprising eyes?
你的眼睛怎么会这么迷人?
My mother gave them to me.
是我妈妈给我的
Generous of her, wasn't it?
她真是个好人 不是么?
As you have been to me.
你对我也很好
Smile for me, won't you?
为了我 笑一个好不好?
There, now. That is your gift to me.
很好 这就是你给我的礼物
This will buy your supper.
这些给你买晚饭
Now, promise me one thing:
现在 向我保证一件事
Next time you take a tumble, no frowns.
就算再摔倒 也不许愁眉苦脸的
... I changed from a girl facing nothing but emptiness...
我这个对生活绝望的无知少女
... to someone with purpose.
看到了一丝光明
I saw that to be a geisha...
我发现成为一名艺伎
... could be a stepping stone to something else:
或许是一种垫脚石
A place in his world.
让我进入他的世界
The money the Chairman had given me...
主席给我的钱
... could have bought fish and rice for a month.
足够吃一个月的大鱼大肉
But I gave it back in prayer...
但是我把它们丢到了许愿池里
... keeping only his handkerchief.
只留着他的手帕
I asked one day to become a geisha.
我祈求有一天能成为艺伎
And then, somehow, to meet him again.
并且 无论如何 再见他一次
The Imperial War Ministry announces news:
御前陆军大臣宣布:
A great victory for our friend Adolf Hitler.
我们的盟友 阿道夫·希特勒获得了伟大的胜利
Today, Hitler demanded self-determination...
今天 希特勒发出声明
... for Germans living in Austria.
要求德国人在奥地利的居住权
Hitler's quest for lebensraum, "living space"...
希特勒要求的是"生存空间"
Chiyo-chan, I can't find my comb! Did you find it yet?
千代 我的梳子不见了 你有没有看到?
Pumpkin, it's time to go.
小南瓜 该出发了
- I found it. - Arigato, Chiyo.
-我找到了 -太谢谢了 千代
Oh, I couldn't sleep last night, I was so worried about my stupid hair.
我整夜都没睡好 就是在担心这糟糕的头发
You look beautiful.
你太漂亮了
With your hair like that...
你的头发就像
...you look more like a pumpkin than ever.
你看起来越来越像个南瓜了
Don't poke your neck forward like a tortoise.
别把脖子伸啊伸的 活像个乌龟
She's not ready? We will be late.
她还没准备好?我们要迟到了
Poor Pumpkin. Her debut, and everyone will be staring at you.
可怜的小南瓜 明明是她初次登场 但是大家的焦点仍然是你
- Hurry up, huh? - This time...
-快一点 -这次
...tune your shamisen before you play.
开始之前把三弦调好
When you make a fool of yourself, your big sister gets the blame.
你自己出丑的时候 你的大姐也跟着丢脸
Stop crying, your face will run.
别哭了 妆都化了
The winter I turned 15, I saw the Chairman again.
这个冬天我十五岁了 又再次见到了主席先生
But that wasn't the only surprise fate brought me that season.
但是 这个冬天 命运给我带来的惊喜还没有结束
Along with the snow came a most unexpected visitor.
这位不速之客冲风冒雪而来
Now that your beloved Granny is gone...
现在既然奶奶已经去世
... you'll have no need for a maid.
你也不需要这么一个佣人了
I would never question the great Mameha...
我不敢质疑尊贵的真羽美小姐
...but you could choose anyone in the hanamachi.
但是您可以挑选祗园的任何人
You flatter me, truly.
你过奖了
I'd give you my Pumpkin if she were not already tied to Hatsumomo.
如果不是小南瓜已经跟了初桃 我可以把她给你
Please. I would never dream of asking.
谢谢 我也没想过要她
Besides, I could always sell Chiyo to Mrs. Tatsuyo.
而且 我也可以把千代卖给多津代女士
With your eye for beauty and nose for talent...
以你的聪明才智和精打细算
...surely you can see what a terrible waste that would be.
很明显这是一种巨大的浪费
If you were not the kind-hearted geisha I know you to be...
如果我不了解你有多么的好心
...then I might think you were scheming against Hatsumomo.
我真的会怀疑你是在和初桃较劲
Then I'm grateful, Mrs. Nitta, that you don't have a suspicious mind.
既然你不是这样多疑的人 仁田女士 那就太感谢了
Perhaps you can pique my interest with...
或许你可以弥补我的损失
I will cover Chiyo's schooling, all her expenses...
我会承担千代所有的学费和其他开支
...till after her debut.
直到她初次登台
Now I am confident you are teasing.
我觉得你简直是在开玩笑
I could not be more sincere.
我是说真的
If Chiyo hasn't repaid her debt within six months after her debut...
如果千代在她登台的六个月内不能还清她的债务
Impossible! Too little time.
不可能 这么短的时间
Then I will pay you twice over.
那我就双倍奉还
No geisha could ever...
没有一个艺伎可以
I am certain you will not object to one trivial condition.
我相信你不会拒绝另一个小小的条件
If Chiyo erases her debt in the time allowed...
如果千代在约定的期限内还清的债务
...you will have no part in her future earnings.
你在她以后的收入中就得不到任何抽成
It's too good to be true. Mameha is up to something.
天上不会掉馅饼 真美羽一定是有所图谋
She isn't in it for the money. That much is for certain.
她不在乎钱 这是很明显的
Rumor has it, ever since the prime minister bought her mizuage...
自从首相买下了她的初夜 就一直有谣传
That so? Absurd to think she noticed Chiyo.
仅此而已?她怎么会看上千代?
She remembers how you destroyed it.
她记得是你毁了那件和服
- Now she wants to get even. - An odd picture, isn't it?
-现在她想要报复 -陈年旧事了
Hatsumomo sweeping into teahouse after teahouse with our little Pumpkin.
初桃艳压茶屋 带着我们的小南瓜
And Mameha with our maid.
而真美羽则带着我们的女佣
I'm so far behind. I will never catch up to you.
我什么都不懂 永远都及不上你
Don't worry, Chiyo-chan. I will help you.
别担心 小千代 我会帮你的
You are never to speak to her again.
你再也不许跟她说话
Now you are rivals.
你们现在是对手了
This is how it was, this tiny world of women.
现实就是如此 女人们组成的狭隘世界
Friend turned against friend.
朋友变成敌人
And now the two greatest geisha in Miyako at war over me.
现在京都最红的两个艺伎为了我开始对峙
Hatsumomo at my back.
初桃视我为敌
Mameha calling, offering me the chance...
真美羽则认我为姐妹 承担我的一切开支
... to become one of those elegant women I'd seen on the bridge...
让我成为当年在桥头艳羡无比的优雅女人
... floating in a silk kimono, the Chairman at my side.
穿着丝制的和服 而主席就站在我身边
Chiyo is my new protégée.
千代是我的新姐妹
As lovely as her big sister.
和她的姐姐一样可爱
And with eyes the color of rain.
眼睛更有烟雨迷蒙之美
The Baron is a very special man to me. My danna.
男爵和我的关系非常特殊 他是我的"老爷"
Someday, if you are fortunate, you will have a patron too.
总有一天 如果你幸运的话 你也有会有这么一位资助你的人
Don't kneel. You are not a servant girl anymore.
别跪下 你现在不是佣人了
Step into the light.
到亮处来
Does that displease you?
这样会令你失望吗?
Water is powerful.
水是无所不能的
It can wash away earth, put out fire and even destroy iron.
水能克土 克火 甚至克金
But you have not drawn on those strengths, have you?
但是你还没有发现自己的力量
About your kimono...
你的那件和服
You may apologize if you wish.
如果你想要道歉的话也可以
Why, that is a perfect bow...
啊 这是一个完美的姿势
...for a pig farmer.
对于一个农妇来说
Don't drop your head. Fingertips together.
别低头 手指并拢
Elbows in. No weight on the hands.
收肘 别把中心放在手臂上
As for the kimono, I'm no fool, Chiyo.
关于那件和服 我也不是笨蛋 千代
Hatsumomo cannot tolerate competition.
初桃不能忍受竞争
She is jealous of you?
她是妒嫉你?
Not me, I'm afraid.
恐怕不是我
Someone closer to home.
是更接近的人
Not like a horse.
别像个牲畜似的
Slide your foot forward.
把脚滑向前方
That's it. Now walk.
就是这样 现在迈步
You are a magnificent geisha.
你是一个魅力十足的艺伎
Tell me, Chiyo, does Mrs. Nitta ever speak of the future?
告诉我 前代 仁田夫人说起过将来的事吗?
Well, someday soon, she will have to name an heir.
总有一天 她要收养一个继承人
One of her own geisha to succeed her.
让一名她的艺伎来继承她
Strange, isn't it, she has not adopted Hatsumomo.
很奇怪吧?她没有选中初桃
That would be like releasing the tiger from its cage.
这样简直就是纵虎归山
You have a gift for expression.
你在语言表达上很有天赋
And if Mrs. Nitta adopts Pumpkin...
而如果仁田夫人收养了小南瓜
...that is hardly a threat.
这就不足以构成对初桃的威胁
But a young girl with eyes like rain...
但是如果是一个有着烟雨般灰瞳的姑娘
But Mrs. Nitta would never choose me.
但是仁田夫人不可能选我
On the contrary, that is our goal.
正相反 这就是我们的目标
- It is? - Of course.
-真得吗? -当然
If you do not inherit the okiya, then we will all be at the tiger's mercy.
如果你不能继承这所置屋 等于把所有人置于老虎的威胁之下
Water's always in such a hurry.
水的性情总是那么急匆匆的
Perhaps it is just as well.
也许这正是我们需要的态度
We have no time to lose.
我们的时间不多
We must transform you.
必须要让你脱胎换骨
And what takes years, you must learn in months.
那些原本耗时数年的功课 你要在几个月内学会
Say I'm entertaining the Baron.
比如我取悦男爵的时候
Like so many clients, he's trapped in an arranged marriage.
正如很多其他的顾客一样 他也陷于包办的痛苦婚姻之中
So in the teahouse, when he's seeking my company instead...
所以在茶屋里 他就更需要我的陪伴
...I reward him like this:
我如此回报他的好意
With a glimpse of my wrist.
稍稍露出我的手腕 惊鸿一瞥
Seeing this demure little trace of naked skin...
这端庄而细微的裸露
Well, it gives him pleasure.
就足以带给他愉悦
Or when you're sitting down...
或者当你坐下的时候
...for the briefest moment, press your leg against his.
有恰当的机会 用你的腿轻轻碰触他的
Always by accident, of course.
当然 要不经意地
Mameha, when does a geisha choose her danna?
真羽美 一名艺伎什么时候能找到自己的"老爷"?
I'm afraid it's the other way around.
恐怕这不是你现在应该关心的
Focus on your studies, Chiyo.
集中精力学习 千代
Music, the art of conversation.
音乐 谈话的艺术
That's the surest way to attract a danna.
都是吸引一个"老爷"的必备技巧
On your feet, not off them.
是独立自主 而非刻意谄媚
Remember, Chiyo, geisha are not courtesans.
记住 艺伎和妓女不同
And we are not wives.
我们也不是情妇
We sell our skills, not our bodies.
我们出卖艺术 而非肉体
We create another secret world.
我们创造了另一个神秘的世界
A place only of beauty.
一个只有美的世界
The very word "geisha" means "artist."
艺伎的真正涵义乃是"艺术家"
And to be a geisha is to be judged as a moving work of art.
而一名真正的艺伎就是一件活的艺术品
Agony and beauty, for us, live side by side.
痛苦之于美丽 对我们来说是一体两面
Your feet will suffer, your fingers will bleed.
你的双脚要忍受苦楚 你的手指会渗出鲜血
Even sitting and sleeping will be painful.
就连坐立躺卧都是一种煎熬
You cannot call yourself a true geisha...
你还不是一名真正的艺伎
... until you can stop a man in his tracks with a single look.
除非你能只凭一个眼神就让男人驻足不前
Choose someone for me.
你选一个人吧
Choose someone for me, Onei-san.
你来选个人吧 姐姐
The boy on the bike, with one look.
那个骑自行车的男孩 只凭一眼
You are not making money standing there gawking at yourself.
你这样对着自己发愣可挣不来钱
This binds us together forever as sisters.
这将会让我们像姐妹一样命运相连
Today you leave your childhood and cast away your name.
今天你彻底告别孩提时代 拥有了自己的艺名
From this day forward, you will be known as:
从今往后 你的名字是:
When Mameha granted me my new name...
自从真美羽赐给我新的名字
... I felt little Chiyo disappear behind a white mask with red lips.
我觉得小千代就从那白色的面具和鲜红的嘴唇背后消失了
I was a maiko now.
我现在是一名舞妓
An apprentice geisha.
一名专事表演的艺伎
From that moment, I told myself:
从那时起 我告诉自己:
"When I make tea, when I pour sake...
无论在泡茶还是倒茶的时候
... when I dance, when I tie my obi...
无论在舞蹈还是穿戴的时候
... it will be for the Chairman.
一切都是为了主席
Until he finds me.
直到他找到我
...we have the pleasure to witness the debut of a new maiko.
我们很高兴见证这位新舞妓的初次登台
I remember those eyes.
我记得那对眼睛
What was her name?
她的名字是?
Determined, isn't she?
很执着 不是么?
If there'd been a drop of tea in that pot, Sayuri would have gotten it out.
就算壶里还有一滴水 小百合也会把它倒出来
Don't tease, Baron, it is her very first time.
别那么刻薄 男爵 毕竟她是第一次出场
What a beautiful dance, yes, Pumpkin?
跳得不错吧 小南瓜?
Her fans are so hypnotic...
她的扇子让人眼花缭乱
...that you never notice her feet.
这样就不会有人注意她的脚
- What's her name? - Her name is Sayuri.
-她的名字是? -小百合
Sayuri? A name as sweet as she is.
小百合?名字跟人一样美
I'm afraid these days...
我看这些年来
...even a common chambermaid can call herself a geisha.
就算是个不起眼的女仆也可以自称是艺伎了
So it's nice to see such a sincere young maiko. Isn't it?
所以这样真正的艺伎就更难得一见 对么?
Surely you would like to thank Hatsumomo...
你应该好好感谢初桃对你的
...for her gracious compliments.
真诚的赞扬
There is so much I would like to say to Hatsumomo.
我有太多的话要对初桃说
Sometimes the smartest remark is silence.
有些时候 沉默胜过万语千言
What better advice to follow than your own?
这样的名言为什么你自己没有践行呢?
- I was a maiko myself once. - Of course.
-我可以凭自己的能力当上舞妓的 -没错
But it's been such a very long...
不过那可以很久 很久
...long, long, long time.
很久 很久以前的事了
I shall destroy you.
我要毁掉你
She can destroy you. She will spread rumors...
她真的能毁掉你 她会散播流言
... stalk you from teahouse to teahouse, then steal your clients.
不管你走到哪个茶屋她都紧随其后 抢走你的顾客
All in the hope that Mrs. Nitta adopts Pumpkin instead of you.
一切都是为了让仁田夫人收养小南瓜
- What can we do? - We've got to outwit her.
-那我们怎么办? -我们要以智取
To find a place somewhere beyond her reach...
找一个她的势力不及的地方
...where you can practice your skills without any interference.
让你心无旁骛的施展自己的魅力
- Your first sumo match. - What?
-你的第一场相扑赛 -什么
Today you will meet Iwamura Ken.
今天你将会见到岩丸健
He is head of the Iwamura Electric Company in Osaka.
他是大阪的岩丸电气公司的老板
My client for years.
我的老主顾
We will entertain him and his partner, Nobu.
我们要招待他和他的合伙人 伸江
We may find Nobu quite a challenge.
你会发现伸江是一个挑战
He does not like geisha.
他不喜欢艺伎
Be attentive. I will do the rest.
注意 一切让我来应付
Chairman Iwamura. President Nobu.
岩丸主席 伸江总裁
This is my new younger sister, Sayuri.
这是我新认的妹妹 小百合
Injured in Manchuria. War hero.
在满洲受的伤 战争英雄
Sayuri, is this your first sumo match?
小百合 这是你第一次看相扑比赛吗?
Nobu-san will have to educate you. I cannot tell one wrestler from the next.
伸江先生会教你欣赏 我连选手的名字都叫不上来
That is the Chairman's diplomatic way of saying he hates sumo.
这是主席的外交辞令 以表示他对相扑的厌恶
Did you notice our contribution?
你注意到我们的贡献吗?
We are harnessing the power of water...
我们利用水的巨大能量
...to bring electricity to some of the smaller villages.
来给很多小村庄发电
- It was in the newspapers, wasn't it? - With the Chairman's picture.
-这个有报纸报道了 对吗? -还有主席的照片呢
You compensate for all my shortcomings, don't you?
你这样揭我的短 你要付出代价
May I ask, how does someone harness the power of water?
我能不能问个问题 怎么才能用水来发电呢?
You should never ask an engineer to explain a thing, because he will...
永远不要让一个工程师向你解释技术问题 因为他会
Let the girl watch sumo.
让姑娘们看比赛吧
Hatsumomo, that snake. Quick, turn your attention to Nobu.
初桃 这条毒蛇 快把你的注意力集中在伸江身上
But, Mameha-neisan...
但是 真美羽姐姐
Hatsumomo finds him repulsive. She'd never steal him away.
让初桃觉得他对你提不起兴趣 她就不会再打这个主意了
Perhaps Nobu-san will be kind enough to explain the rules of the match.
伸江先生有没有雅兴向我解释一下相扑的规则呢?
Three things matter in life: Sumo, business and war.
生命中只有三件事值得关注 相扑、生意和战争
Understand one, you know them all.
理解了一件 就触类旁通
But why should a geisha care?
但是艺伎没必要理解这个
You spend your time plucking strings and dancing.
你们只要懂得弹琴跳舞就够了
I humbly beg to differ.
窃以为 这些没什么区别
What is sumo but a dance between giants?
相扑不就是巨人之间的舞蹈?
What is business but a dance between companies?
生意不就是公司之间的舞蹈?
I'd like to know about every kind of dance.
我对一切形式的舞蹈都有兴趣
They are throwing salt to purify the ring.
他们正在撒盐来清洁场地
That man is Miyagiyama, the greatest fighter in Japan.
他名叫宫城山 日本最好的相扑手
But he's so tiny.
但是他个子不大啊
Only compared to his opponent.
只是跟他的对手比起来
Miyagiyama may use hataki komi.
宫城山会使用"四两拨千斤"
Hataki komi is a movement the smaller combatant uses...
四两拨千斤是体型较小的选手专用的技巧
...to throw the larger man off balance.
使大个子的选手失去平衡而摔倒
Victory does not always belong to the powerful.
胜利并不是永远属于力气大的一方
I'm afraid our time has come to a close.
我恐怕我们的时间不够了
- Going so soon? - Not yet. I want her to see.
-这么快就走? -等一下 我要让她看看
Now that is hataki komi!
这就是四两拨千斤
I see now why you like sumo.
我现在知道你为什么喜欢相扑了
You can never judge a man's power by his appearance alone.
这说明了 永远也不要以貌取人
You may bring her again.
你下次可以再带她来
I scoured the newspaper for the Chairman's photograph.
我找到了刊登着主席照片的报纸
Anything to preserve our moment together.
和任何能够纪念那段时光的东西
A moment stolen...
那段被偷走的时光
... when I was forced to turn my attention to Nobu.
当我迫使自己把注意力转向伸江
In that instant, I felt the world shift.
在那一刻 我觉得整个世界都颠倒了
But not my own determination.
不只是我个人的决心
I made a secret promise:
我向自己保证:
Along with his picture, I would lock away my heart...
我会把我的心和这照片一起锁起来
... and save it for him.
为了他而锁住我自己
Tonight we will deliver a quick blow to Hatsumomo.
今晚我们要给初桃一个打击
- How? - We will meet Nobu-san...
-怎么? -我们要在纲岛酒店
...at the Tsunashima restaurant.
招待伸江先生
But first, a visit to Dr. Crab.
但在此之前 我们要先见一见螃蟹医生
- Dr. Crab? - It's a little nickname...
-螃蟹医生? -这是他的小小绰号
...he's earned over the years.
他有这个名号已经好多年了
I have something in mind. A plan.
我脑子里有个想法 一个计划
Now cut your leg where I've marked it.
在我划出来的位置 割伤你的腿
- What? - Or I will do it for you...
-什么? -否则我会替你代劳
Do you trust me or don't you?
你相信还是不相信我?
Careless with the sewing scissors, were you?
缝纫的时候用剪刀太不小心了 对不对?
Right through your beautiful kimono. Such a pity.
还划破了你漂亮的和服 太可惜了
It won't leave a scar, will it?
这不会留下疤痕吧?
Sayuri is a special girl at a very special time in her life.
小百合是个特别的孩子 处在她生命中最特殊的时段
With those eyes, you must be quite a commodity.
就凭这双眼睛 足以让她奇货可居
Won't leave a mark, I promise.
我保证不会留下疤痕
But I had best prescribe a bit of antiseptic.
不过我最好还是用一些杀菌药
Your honorable sister says, "Cut your leg," you cut your leg.
尊敬的姐姐告诉我: "割开自己的腿" 我就割开自己的腿
She says, "Follow me," you follow her.
她说: "跟我走" 我就跟她走
My life had turned into a game...
我的生活变成一种游戏
... and only she knew the rules.
而只有她才知道个中规则
Ekubo. At the right moment, slip it to Nobu discreetly.
"酒窝" 找个机会悄悄地交给伸江
He will know what it means.
他会知道这是什么意思
- You have kept us waiting. - Please, forgive us, Nobu-san.
-你们来晚了 -对不起 请原谅 伸江先生
The Chairman thinks I should take more pleasure in life.
主席认为我应该增加一些娱乐
Music and the theatre.
音乐 或者看戏
What is your impression?
你的感觉呢?
It is useless to push a cart sideways.
手推车只推一侧是不会动的
One could not wish Nobu-san to be anyone but Nobu-san.
谁也不能让伸江先生变成另外一个人
I could not agree more.
我非常同意
I owe this man everything.
我欠他的情太多了
He gives me too much credit, as usual.
他给了我充分的信任 理所当然
I found it a few days ago.
我几天前找到的
Nobu-san. I had no idea you were so sentimental.
伸江先生 我从没想到你是这么多情
Call it my new leaf.
老树发新芽
My mother, she used to wear something similar.
我母亲以前就是戴这样的头饰
You do not like it?
你不喜欢?
Forgive me. I've never received a present before.
请原谅 我从来没有收到过礼物
What a beautiful comb.
多漂亮的梳子
Such a joyous moment, Sayuri.
真是春风得意啊 小百合
You are finally getting what you deserve.
你终于得到了自己应得的
And now, will you excuse us, please?
现在 请原谅 我们告退了
We have another engagement.
我们还另有约会
You are most kind.
你对我太好了
Now, give this one to Dr. Crab.
现在 把这个交给螃蟹医生
- Mameha, please. - You're upset?
-真美羽 别这样 -你不高兴了?
I want to trust you, I do. But you have to tell me what's going on.
我想要相信你 但是你得告诉我 我们到底在干什么?
I am ensuring your future.
我在替你规划将来
But tell me how. I beg you.
但是别把我蒙在鼓里 求你了
I'm trying to orchestrate a bidding war.
我想要引发一场争夺战
- What for? - Your most precious attribute.
-争夺什么? -你最珍贵的东西
- And what is that? - Your mizuage.
-什么东西? -你的初夜
Did Mother ever tell you about the eel in the cave?
妈妈有没有告诉你洞里的鳗鱼的故事?
Well, every once in a while...
恩 有时候
...a man's eel likes to visit a woman's cave.
男人的鳗鱼想要寻找一个女人的洞穴
- Yes, I know. - You do?
-恩 我明白 -你明白?
I live with Hatsumomo.
我和初桃住在一起
Your cave is untouched. Men like that.
你的洞穴还没被人碰过 男人们喜欢这种
We call this mizuage.
我们把此称为初夜权
And to become a full geisha, you must sell it to the highest bidder.
要成为一个完美的艺伎 你必须把它卖给出价最高的人
The largest sum ever paid. Ten thousand yen.
有史以来最高的出价 一万日元
I freed myself from debt.
我靠这个还清了债务
When you slip the rice cake to Dr. Crab...
当你把"酒窝"糕送给螃蟹医生的时候
...it is a sign that says your mizuage is ripe for sale.
这就是在暗示他 你的初夜已经待价而沽
The doctor has no desire to see you tonight.
医生今晚不想见你们
Pumpkin. Hatsumomo went to see Dr. Crab, yes?
小南瓜 初桃去见过螃蟹医生了对么?
I have to go, Chiyo-chan.
我得走了 小千代
- Didn't she? - I do not know.
-她去过了? -我不知道
Of course you know. You shadow her every step.
你当然知道 你们每天形影不离
You expect me to betray my big sister?
你想让我背叛我的姐姐?
Has she made you cruel as well?
她还是对你那么恶劣吗?
- No. - My Pumpkin always told the truth.
-不 -我认识的小南瓜永远不说谎话
Tonight we went to the teahouse to see Dr. Crab.
今晚我们在茶屋见了螃蟹医生
I sat outside, but I could still hear through the screen.
我坐在外面 但还是能隔着屏风听见里面的对话
And Hatsumomo then said to him:
初桃对他说
"I live in the same okiya as Sayuri.
我和小百合住在同一个置屋
Did you know that she brings men back to her room?"
你知不知道他带男人回去睡觉?
"No," he said.
他说: "我不知道"
"Common sailors and fishermen too."
"贩夫走卒 农夫渔民 无所不包"
The doctor looked queasy, like he didn't want to hear any more.
医生有点吃惊 似乎不想再听下去
But she kept going.
但是她还是滔滔不绝
And Hatsumomo said to him, "What's the matter?
初桃还对他说: 怎么了?
Have I told you more than you wanted to know?"
是不是我告诉你的出乎你的想像?
I'm so sorry. I wanted to say something...
我对不起你 我应该为你说话的
...but how could I, Chiyo-chan? How?
但是我做不到 小千代 怎么办?
Am I really like her? Am I?
我是不是变得跟她一样了?
Is Mameha-san cruel to you too?
真美羽小姐是不是对你也很坏?
No. She's so kind to me.
不 她对我很好
But sometimes I worry she's taking me further from the things I want.
但是有时候我担心她把我带得太远了
Do you really like him?
你真的喜欢他?
- No. - That's what I thought.
-不 -我也这么想
Do you like somebody else?
那你有心上人了吗?
Don't worry about me, Chiyo-chan, I'll be fine.
别为我担心 小千代 我很好
Mother plans to adopt me...
妈妈想要收养我
...so my dream of having someplace to live out my life may come true.
那样我的梦想就能实现了 我一直想离开这个地方
We could still win, Sayuri.
我们还有胜算
How? Hatsumomo has poisoned Dr. Crab against me.
怎么可能?初桃毒害了我的名誉 螃蟹医生抛弃了我
Forget about him. There are plenty of other fish in the sea.
别去想他了 大海里的鱼儿多的是
- The Chairman has been kind... - Sayuri.
-主席倒是对我 -小百合
Nobu and the Chairman are business partners.
伸江和主席是合伙人
They would never bid against one another.
他们决不会为了女人阋墙而战
It is time we cast a wider net.
我们应该织一个更大的网
Suppose there was a night in Miyako, hundreds of men, all in one place...
设想京都会有这么一个晚上 成百上千的男人聚集在一起 为了
... eager to bid for you. - What do you mean?
-为了争夺你 -什么意思?
Where you are the object of all their fantasies.
你将会成为他们所有人的梦想
The most famous geisha in the hanamachi.
你是本地最有名的艺伎
- But I'm not. - You will be.
-但我不是 -你会是的
Who is responsible for this?
这是谁弄出来的?
I'm asking you, Okasan.
我在问你呢 妈妈
How come Sayuri gets to be the lead?
小百合怎么会成为领舞?
It's your own fault. You should practice more.
这是你自己的问题 你应该多加联系
What did Mameha do?
真美羽干了什么?
Speak to the director in private?
跟总导演私下交流?
Not every geisha uses that kind of currency.
不是所有的艺伎都用这种沟通方式
I'm looking forward to your performance.
我很期待你的表现
You know how I adore watching you dance, Chiyo.
我太想看到你的舞姿了 千代
The Baron, Nobu-san...
男爵 伸江先生
...our beloved Hatsumomo and that dapper General of hers.
我们亲爱的初桃 和她的将军
And even your old friend, Dr. Crab.
还有你的老朋友 螃蟹医生
What if I dance poorly?
如果我跳错了怎么办?
What if I disgrace myself and no one takes interest?
如果我出了丑 再也没有人注意我怎么办?
You will be glorious.
你会艳压全场的
Sayuri, you remember the doctor.
小百合 你应该还记得医生
I hope my performance pleased you, doctor.
希望您能喜欢我的表演 医生
Oh, you dance with such profound feeling.
你投入了极深的感情在舞蹈中
I most humbly thank you.
感谢您的厚爱
It seems you've once again caught the doctor's interest.
你好像又燃起医生的兴趣了
And I am most grateful.
实在太感激你了
- If you have heard any gossip... - Yes?
-要是你听到了一些传闻 -唔?
...then I hope you will follow your own advice.
我希望你能有自己的想法
And what would that be, pray tell?
那应该如何呢?请赐教
Seek a second opinion.
不要听信一面之词
Sayuri gave such a passionate performance, don't you think?
你感受到小百合充满热情的表演了吗?
Mameha, did you invite the Chairman to my estate this weekend?
真美羽 你有没有邀请主席这个周末来我的府邸?
It's my annual blossom-viewing party.
一年一度的赏花大会
Baron, I told you I can't go. I have an urgent appointment.
男爵 我告诉过你我去不了 我另有要紧的事
Taking care of a little nuisance?
你要去处理什么麻烦事吗?
Or was that a naughty secret?
还是另有什么不可告人的秘密?
Baron, wouldn't Sayuri look stunning...
男爵 小百合在您府邸的花丛中
...among the flowers on your estate?
是不是会更加令人惊艳?
Yes, very pretty. Be sure to send her along.
是 非常美丽 一定要带她来
With a chaperone, of course.
我当然会陪着她的
I'm certain Mr. Bekku will oblige.
无疑别宫先生会帮我们的
That's a fine idea, Baron. But Sayuri is required at the theatre.
男爵 这个主意不错 不过戏院缺不了她
Mameha, I expect her there.
真美羽 我期待她能来
Nobu. Coming Saturday?
伸江 星期六来不来?
All that way to see a cherry tree? I will leave that to the Chairman.
就为了就看一棵樱树 我情愿留着给主席看
Wonderful tonight. Excuse me.
今晚太美妙了 失陪了
If you would rather not go...
如果你不是很想去
I'd like to go very much.
我很乐意去
Then be on your guard, every moment.
要随时保持警惕
There is a reason Hatsumomo wants you there.
初桃要你去一定有什么原因的
Trust me, I know my Baron, Sayuri.
相信我 我对男爵很了解 小百合
He has a weakness for beautiful women.
他对漂亮的女人特别喜爱
And now you are the most celebrated geisha in all Miyako.
而你又是京都最出名的艺伎
The most desired as well.
也是男人们最垂涎的
Pardon. Pardon me. Pardon me. Sayuri.
请原谅 请原谅 请原谅我 小百合
Today, even the cherry blossoms are envious of her.
今时今日 就连樱花也会羡慕她
There's something I've been wanting to say to you for some time now.
一直以来我都想跟你说一些事
To thank you for your attention to Nobu-san.
感谢你对伸江先生的关心
Nobu can be a difficult man. So severe.
伸江可以说是一个很难相处的人 那么严厉
Hates parties, sake only in moderation.
憎恶宴会 喝酒也很适度
And he disdains geisha.
而且他鄙视艺伎
Because you admire him, I respect him more.
因为你仰慕他 我更尊重他
He will never tell you himself. He's far too modest.
他永远不会亲口对你说 他太有风度了
We were fighting in Manchuria together.
我们在满洲一起战斗
There was an explosion.
有一次发生大爆炸
He protected me from the worst of it.
他在困境中保护我
As you might imagine, I owe him quite a debt.
你可以想像 我欠他太多
Nobu has taught me a great deal.
伸江教会了我很多很多
Patience, for one thing.
首先是忍耐
I, in turn, have tried to teach him...
反过来 我也试着教他
...you have to savor life while you can.
尽情享受生活
The lesson of the cherry blossom.
樱花物语
That is why Nobu likes you.
这就是为什么伸江会喜欢你
We must not expect happiness, Sayuri.
小百合我们不能预期快乐
It is not something we deserve.
这并不值得
When life goes well, it's a sudden gift.
生活还在继续 这只是一个惊喜
It cannot last forever.
不会太长久
There you are. I have a present for you.
你在这儿啊 我要给你一份礼物
Mameha asked me to show you my kimono collection.
真美羽让我给你看看我收藏的和服
It's quite venerated.
很了不起
My grandfather and father collected kimono before me.
在我之前 我的祖父和我的父亲就开始收集和服了
I've given a number of valuable kimono to Mameha.
我也给了真美羽不少珍贵的和服
I like to give present to beautiful girls.
我喜欢送礼物给漂亮的女孩子
Come. Have a closer look.
来 靠近点看
The Baron is too kind.
男爵你太慷慨了
I will happily try it on with Mameha when the Baron returns to Miyako.
男爵下次来京都我会穿着它和真美羽一起接待您的
Who knows when that will be?
谁知道那要等到何时?
Put it on now. Don't be shy.
现在就穿上 不要害羞
I am experienced in knotting obis. And untying them as well.
我穿和服的经验很丰富
Please. Mr. Bekku is waiting.
别宫先生正等着
Bekku is waiting for no one.
别宫没什么人可等的
...I only want to have a look.
我只想看一下
Any man would do the same.
换做是哪个男人都会这么做的
I heard a message on the wind.
我听到了一些传闻
- You have ruined all our plans. - I did nothing.
-你几乎毁了我们的计划 -我什么也没有做
Please, Sayuri, do not insult me. I know the Baron better than that.
小百合别想糊弄我 我比你更清楚男爵
He gave me a kimono.
他给了我一件和服
- You sold yourself for a kimono. - I did not sell myself!
-你为了一件和服就把自己给卖了 -我没有出卖自己
Today is the day I accept bids for your mizuage.
今天是我接受你初夜出价的日子
What kind of price can I hope to demand...
如果你落下个不好的口碑
...with a finger pointed at your back?
我怎么能要求得到一个好价格?
He looked at me, that's all, Onei-san.
他就是想看我 就着样而已 奥奈先生
You will be examined at the mizuage ceremony.
在初夜仪式上你要接受检查
If you are found to be worthless...
如果被发现你已经没有价值了
I am not worthless!
我不会没有价值
I am not worthless.
我不会没有价值的
How much longer is this bidding going to take?
这次出价要多久时间?
Besides, who wants a plum when someone has already had a bite?
会有谁想要已经被咬过一口的李子?
Twenty yen? Thirty?
二十元?三十?
This can't be the right amount.
这个数字是不可能的
I trust you agree. I have won the wager.
我相信你会同意我赢了
Sayuri's made history.
小百合创造了历史
No mizuage has ever been sold for more. Not even mine.
没有过更高的初夜价了 甚至是我的
Fifteen thousand yen.
15000元
Of course, none of it will go to Sayuri.
当然 这些都不会给小百合
Or to you, Mameha. It goes to this okiya.
或者是你 真美羽 这是置屋的
All 15,000 yen to this estate.
15000元都是这里的
I do not understand.
我不明白
That Sayuri will inherit as my adopted daughter.
作为我的养女 小百合会继承我的所有
- What? - You wouldn't dare.
-什么? -你胆敢
I'm entitled to do as I choose.
我有权做自己的选择
But you promised the okiya to Pumpkin!
但是你答应过把置屋给小南瓜的
Look at her. Still a virgin maiko.
看看她 还是个完璧的舞伎
- Pumpkin! - Can't you adopt us both?
-小南瓜 -你不能收养我们两个么?
Quiet, Sayuri. I'm no fool.
小百合 安静些 我可不傻
Pumpkin would only be Hatsumomo's puppet.
小南瓜只会是初桃的傀儡
How long will it take before you kick us out onto the street?
你打算什么时候把我们踢到街上去?
I have given you my life.
我的一生都给了你
Who paid for the silk on your back? The rice in your bowl?
谁供你吃供你穿?
The tobacco in that pipe of yours? Who?
烟筒里的烟草是你的?还是谁的?
Don't exaggerate! You have never even had a danna.
不要太夸张 你连个供你的男人都没有
- Don't say it. Don't say... - You chose that no-good Koichi.
-别这么说 别说了 -你选了那个一无是处的幸一
- Stop it. - Sneaking through your window...
-别说了 -完事了还要从窗口溜走
...at all hours of the night. - Quiet!
-天天如此 -闭嘴
Not like a geisha.
你不像一个艺伎
Like a common prostitute.
就像个普通的妓女
Besides, you are getting old.
还有 你在慢慢变老
Sayuri is destined to become a legend.
小百合注定会成为一个传奇
Sayuri, your room is too small.
小百合 你的房间太小了
From now on, your name is Nitta Sayuri.
从现在开始 你叫
May I congratulate you both.
恭喜你们俩
Everything we wanted, you made happen. Thank you.
我们想要的一切你都做到了 谢谢你
May I ask who?
我可以问一下是谁吗?
Was Nobu disappointed?
伸江是不是很失望?
Nobu did not bid. It was against his mighty principles.
伸江没有竞标 他不会违背他的原则
Dr. Crab was opposed by the Baron.
和螃蟹医生竞价的是男爵
Do you want to know the truth, Sayuri?
小百合 想知道真相吗?
He was the highest bidder.
他投得了花魁
Forgive me. But I let it go to Dr. Crab.
我却给了螃蟹医生 抱歉
I think you understand why.
我想你理解原因
I swear to you, I am innocent.
我向你保证 我是清白的
No man would ever bid so much for a thing he had already taken.
没有人会为一个他已经得到的东西付帐的
It was my own fault. I did not protect you.
这是我的错 我没有保护好你
Celebrate this moment, Sayuri.
庆祝这个时刻吧 小百合
Tonight, the lights in the hanamachi all burn for you.
今晚袛园所有的灯光都是为你而点亮的
You are full geisha now.
你现在是一个正式的艺伎了
What are you doing in my room?
你在我的房间干什么?
I came to congratulate you.
我是来向你道贺的
Why, little Chiyo.
为什么 小千代?
Look what I found.
看看我发现了什么
His initials, how elegant.
他名字的缩写 真是雅致
You've been hiding your love for a long time.
一直以来你都在隐藏你的感情
The sacrifice every geisha must make.
每个艺伎都要经历这样的牺牲
Isn't this where you keep it? Next to your heart?
你是不是收在这里了?靠近你的心?
Now I am geisha to this house.
现在我是这个房子里的艺伎了
Were we so different?
我们区别很大吗?
I might be looking into my own future.
我要好好想想自己的将来
Until the real future came falling from the air.
直到真正的将来从天而降
Oh, Korin. Have you seen Sayuri?
喂 小铃 看到小百合了吗?
They are sending us away, but they won't say where.
他们要把我们送走 不过没有说要送到哪里
Osaka. But you must not go. The city is a prime target.
大阪 你必须走 这个城市是最好的目标
Get your things, quickly.
带好你们的东西 赶快
Nobu and I are trying to find safe havens...
伸江和我会尽我们所能
...for as many of you as we can. Come.
替你们找避难所的 来
Work certificate. Nurse's aide.
工作证书 助理护士
Friend of mine is chief surgeon in Kameoka.
我有个朋友是在龟冈做主任外科医生
What about Sayuri? Can't we go together?
那小百合怎么办?我们可以一起走么?
Don't worry. She will be taken care of.
别担心 我们会好好照顾她的
Here you are. Here we go!
给你 走吧
This is Arima. He will take you into the hills.
这是有马 他会带你上山
Nobu has got a friend there. A kimono-maker.
伸江在那有个朋友 是和服制作师
Anyone stops you, show them this.
如果有人拦住你 给他看这个
- Do I have to go? - It's remote. You will be safe.
-我一定要走吗? -那里很偏远 你会很安全的
What about you? You said Osaka was dangerous.
那你呢?你说过大阪很危险
Our factory is there. I have no choice.
我们的厂在那 我别无选择
I will express your gratitude to Nobu-san.
我会替你转达你对伸江的感谢的
A year without news...
一年的了无音讯
... except news of death, defeat, shame.
除了死亡 战败 耻辱的消息
Rumors of cities evaporating into clouds of smoke.
传闻说城市刹那烟消云散
... and then another...
又一年
... until the old life is a dream life.
旧日生活如梦
Was I ever geisha?
我曾是艺伎吗?
Did I ever dance...
我是否曾手执折扇
Who would hold a fan now...
现在有谁会执扇
... or paint their lips?
或打扮自己
And then another year.
然后又是一年
Sayuri! A man from Osaka has come to see you.
小百合 有个人从大阪来看你
General Tottori was captured and tried as a war criminal.
岩丸电气公司被认为有战争责任而被查封
The Baron lost his fortune and committed suicide.
男爵失去财产后自杀了
What about the okiya?
置屋怎么样了?
Mr. Bekku is gone, but the others...
别宫走了 但是其他人
Auntie and Mother?
姑姑和妈妈呢?
Indestructible, as always.
屹立不倒 总是那样
As well as can be expected.
跟你想像的一样
This is all that remains of our factories.
这就是我们工厂最后剩下的了
I'm so sorry, Nobu-san.
我很遗憾 伸江先生
We want to rebuild, but to do that we will need your help.
我们想要重建 不过有赖于你的帮助
Somewhere, under those rags...
在这粗布衣服下
...are you still the greatest geisha in Miyako?
你还是京都最好的艺伎吗?
If a tree has no leaves or branches, can you still call it a tree?
如果一棵树没有了枝叶 你还会觉得这是棵树吗?
With nothing but rubble at my feet, can I still call myself a businessman?
我脚下只有残破的废墟 还能被称作一个商人吗?
I should have taken better care of you.
我应该更好的照看你
Please, you saved my life.
别这么说 你救了我的命
I owe you so much in return.
我欠你太多太多了
The Chairman and I need American financing.
主席和我需要美国人的投资
There is a man, a certain Colonel Derricks...
有个人 一个陆军上校德里克
...who has the power to grant us a contract.
他可以和我们定合同
I showed him your picture.
我给他看了你的照片
He asked to meet you.
他想要见你
I am not a persuasive man, Sayuri.
我不是一个很有说服力的人 小百合
But if you and a few geisha...
但是如果你和一些艺伎
...would once again put on your kimono and join us...
能穿着和服帮助我们的话
...we could show the Americans how hospitable our country can be.
我们会让美国人看到我们国家有多好客
How I wish, Nobu-san.
我也希望能帮得上 伸江先生
But that was a long time ago.
但那是很久以前的事了
I have no doubt, Sayuri...
我毫无怀疑 小百合
...that you could still melt the heart of any man.
你还是可以软化男人的心
No matter how resistant.
不管他们有多坚决
I am not accustomed to begging...
我不太习惯求人
...but please know that if you consent...
不过如果你能同意的话
...the Chairman and I would be most grateful.
主席和我都会非常感激的
One dollar. One dollar.
一美元 一美元
- What? - One dollar.
-什么? -一美元
The Chairman needed me.
主席需要我
But I was a far cry from the geisha I had once been.
不过我很惊讶于现在的艺伎
Hey, mama-san, let's step inside.
嘿 我们进去说话
The secrets of our hidden world were postcards now for girls back home.
从明信片上幻想出来的神秘世界现在成了带姑娘回家
Any streetwalker with a painted face and silk kimono...
随便一个站街女郎 只要穿着和服涂了脂粉
... could call herself a geisha.
就可以自称是个艺伎
I looked for the one person who might help:
我去找了唯一能帮我的人:
The war was written on her face.
战争的痕迹留在她的脸上
Everything about her, not just her home, was less than before.
她以前的房子 和她的一切都离她而去
Sayuri, when my poor Baron filled his pockets with stones...
小百合 当男爵把捡来的石头装满口袋的时候
...I was desperate.
我彻底绝望了
I sold my kimono, I traded my jade combs for rations.
我卖掉了我的和服 用玉簪去换取配给的粮食
It was painful at first, but I have made my peace.
一开始真的很痛苦 但是慢慢地就麻木了
Now, I make a small but tidy living renting rooms.
现在 我守着一个出租房屋的小生意
I am not about to go chasing the past.
我再也不幻想回到过去
It might do you good.
那或许对你有好处
- How? - To remind you that, once...
-怎么会? -让你回忆起 当年
...with a single glance, you could bring a man like the Baron to his knees.
只凭一个眼神 你就能让男爵那样的男人为你侧目
...I did keep one kimono.
我还留着一件和服
The Baron gave it to me when he became my danna.
是男爵成为我的男人的时候送给我的
Thank you, Onei-san.
谢谢你 姐姐
So tell me. What do we know about entertaining Americans?
现在告诉我 你对于取悦美国佬了解多少?
- Was she worth it? - Hell, yeah.
-她值得那么多吗? -你好 对
Chiyo-chan! Is that you?
小千代 是你吗?
I have no right to ask favors of you, Pumpkin, I know that.
我一直想要求你原谅我 小南瓜 我知道
Guess what. I only smoke Chesterfields now.
知道吗 我现在只抽Chesterfields(烟草名)
I have wanted to apologize to you for so long about the okiya.
我一直都想为了置屋的事情向你道歉
These soldiers, you know who they've got me singing?
这些大兵 你知不知道他们让我唱什么?
- It should have gone to you. - Frank Sinatra and Dinah Shore.
-那应该是属于你的 -弗兰克·辛纳特勒啊 黛娜·肖啊
If it is in your heart to forgive me...
如果你还记得的话 请原谅我
I'd rather chew sand than go back to all that.
让我回去那个地方还不如去喝西北风
Then you are not angry with me?
那你不生我的气了?
Don't worry about me, chickadee.
别为我担心 小姑娘
I've got more clients than I can handle.
我现在的客人多得都忙不过来了
You seem so at home with these Americans.
你和美国人在一起显得那么自然
So who's this colonel? Sounds like top brass.
那个上校是什么人?听起来像是高级官员
He has the power to approve American funding...
他能够帮伸江先生和主席
...for Nobu and the Chairman.
申请到美国的贷款
So is he willing to pay us American dollars?
就是说他打算付我们美金?
Don't waste my time.
别浪费我的时间
You think I'm a sucker?
你以为我是个雏儿?
I want 60 cases Lucky Strike...
我要60盒Lucky Strike(烟草名)
...or I'm taking my business to Sergeant MacPhee.
否则我就去和麦克菲尔长官谈这笔买卖
I had to become a geisha once more.
我必须要重新成为一名艺伎
Mother had reopened the okiya, but my powder box was empty.
妈妈重开了置屋 但是我的粉盒已经空了
My charcoal had turned to dust.
炭笔化为尘土
And yet, it was my one chance to see the Chairman again.
但是 这是我再见到主席的唯一机会
Would he notice my weathered hands?
他会注意到我过度操劳的双手吗?
The threadbare silk?
还有破旧的和服?
See? You are yourself again.
看到吗 你还是原来那个样子
The world had changed completely. Had he?
整个世界都颠覆了了 他呢?
And would I finally find the strength to tell him all that I felt?
我到底能不能鼓起勇气告诉他我的感受?
Just look at you, Sayuri. It's as if the war did not happen.
看看你 小百合 让人觉得战争根本没有发生过
I am so glad to see that the Chairman is safe.
我很高兴见到主席您一切平安
Accept my apologies asking this of you...
我很抱歉再次请你
There is nothing I can do to return your kindness.
你对我的厚恩我无以为报
- I've wanted to tell you that... - Sayuri!
-我想要告诉你 -小百合
May I present Colonel Derricks.
请允许我介绍德里克上校
My God, you're more stunning in person.
老天 真是令人惊艳
This is my associate, Lieutenant Hutchins.
这是我的助手 赫钦中尉
It's an honor, ma'am.
很荣幸 女士
Sayuri is one of the mysteries of the Orient I told you about.
我告诉过你 小百合是东方的秘密之一
A mystery that perhaps you can solve.
只有您才能解开的秘密
- Would you mind? Can we? Colonel. - Yes, of course. Colonel.
-你不介意的话 上校? -当然不 请 上校
All right, hold it. Beautiful.
太美了 别动
Hey, who likes whiskey?
谁想要威士忌?
Look at this. We got a live one, sir.
看 我们还有个更活泼的
Chairman, please don't tell me you started the party without me.
主席 你不会趁我不在就开始享受了吧?
May I present Pumpkin.
请允许我介绍 小南瓜
- Hello! - Pumpkin! Over here.
-你好 -小南瓜 过来
Okay! Gentlemen! Please.
没问题 先生 请
- Oh, it's been a long time. - Good to see you.
-好久不见了 -很高兴见到你
You haven't changed. You look like a little boy.
你一点都没变 看起来像个小孩子
It's huge! Like an elephant.
太大了 就像是大象
Please, have a seat. Buckle up.
请坐 系好安全带
I'm excited, but I'm scared.
我很兴奋 也很害怕
You're not going anywhere! Okay?
你哪儿也别去 行吗?
Good for him, not so good for us.
对他有好处 对我们则未必
May we join you, gentlemen?
我们可以加入吗 先生们?
- Yes, please. - Wow, I could get used to this.
-当然 请 -噢 我想我应该适应这种方式
Back home, a bath is nothing more than a quick shower on cold tile...
回到家里 洗澡就是冰凉的瓷砖和淋浴
...with a bar of lye soap, right?
和一条肥皂
But here, you make everything a ritual, don't you?
但是在这儿 一切都变得像仪式
That is the art of turning habit into pleasure, colonel.
这是一种把习惯变为快乐的艺术 上校
Spoken like a true geisha.
听起来像一名真正的艺伎
If we are in business together, then perhaps we will visit you someday.
如果我们能够合作 或许我们能前去拜访你们
I'd like to see the United States.
我很想看看美利坚
I know a little game we can play.
我想到了一个小游戏
It's called Truth and Lies.
叫做真话与谎言
I know this game. Back home we call it "marriage."
我知道这个游戏 在老家 我们叫它"婚姻"
No, I'm serious. Now, listen closely.
别这样 我是认真的 听清楚
- Sayuri know the rules. - I never met a woman who didn't.
-小百合知道规则 -我从来没遇到过不懂这规则的女人
Each person says two things. One is true, the other is not.
每个人要说两件事 一件真 一件假
If you guess right, the liar pays the price.
如果你猜对了 说谎者就要罚酒
So it pays to lose.
所以输者也有回报
Okay, I'll go first. Let's see.
我先开始 让我想想
One day in Sapporo, where I was born...
有一天 在札幌 那是我出生的地方
...a fisherman caught a talking fish.
一个渔夫抓到了一条会说话的鱼
The other story is the true one.
后边那个故事是真的
And I haven't even heard it yet.
我听都不用听
- How would you know? - No, no. You drink. You drink.
-你怎么知道? -不 你喝 快喝
- If I drown, it's all your fault. - Nobu-san, your turn. Please.
-如果我喝醉了 就是你的错 -伸江先生 该你了
I'm no match for these geisha. They are experts in the art of deceit.
我可比不上艺伎 她们都是说谎的专家
I'm an expert in one thing and one thing only:
我只有唯一的一个特长
Sayuri, the truest story you know.
小百合 说说你最真实的故事
Once, when I was a little girl...
有一天 当我还是个小女孩的时候
...on the banks of the Sunagawa...
在砂川的岸边
...a handsome stranger was kind enough...
有一个好心的陌生人
...to buy me a cup of sweet ice...
为我买了一杯刨冰
I think we have to stop the game.
我想我们该结束这个游戏了
If Pumpkin drinks any more sake, she will pass out.
如果小南瓜再继续喝酒 她就会不省人事了
- That is a true story. - Mameha. Sayuri. Everyone.
-那是个真实的故事 -真美羽 小百合 大家
- I'm sorry. - Okay.
-我很抱歉 -没关系
...what is the protocol?
你的条件是什么?
Suppose I wanted to see you in private.
如果我想要私下与你约会
I beg your pardon, colonel, that is not a geisha's custom.
请原谅 上校 这样违背了我们艺伎的习惯
Don't be coy. I mean, if it's a question of price, I'm sure...
别害羞 如果这只是个价钱的问题 我保证
If there were a price, you could never afford it.
如果这可以谈价钱的话 你永远也付不起
I saw the two of you whispering.
我看见你们俩在耳语
You have arranged some kind of tryst, haven't you?
你已经安排好了幽会吧?
- What did you promise him? - Your company. Nothing more.
-你答应了他什么? -你的公司 没别的
He seemed to expect a great deal!
他看来想要给出一个大价钱
If I had wanted a common whore, I could have hired one.
如果我只要一个普通的妓女 我大可以去请一个
What are you trying to say?
你想要说什么?
Just the idea of you with him, with any man...
只要有和他在一起的念头 或者和任何其他人
...you'd be dead to me!
你对我来说就已经死了
Can't you see that I want you for myself?
你难道看不出来 我让你来这里是为了我自己?
You have ruined me.
你已经毁了我
Before we met, I was a disciplined man.
认识你以前 我是个恪守原则的人
I should not have asked you to come.
我不该让你来的
The Chairman was against it.
主席也曾反对
I should have listened to him.
我应该听他的劝告
I must beg your forgiveness, Nobu-san.
我必须请求您的原谅 伸江先生
I was foolish to think you would barter me away.
我太愚蠢了 竟然以为您想把我作为交易的筹码
Then you made no arrangement with the colonel?
那你没有答应与上校幽会?
Please don't insult me again.
请不要再羞辱我了
If he ratifies our contract...
如果他同意了这笔合同
...then I will be a man of means again.
我就会重新拥有财富
There is nothing I want more, Sayuri...
我别无所求 小百合
...than to become your danna.
只求能够成为你的男人
I already owe you far too much.
我已经欠你太多
- I will not be refused. - Please.
-我不想被拒绝 -请
We are tied to each other. I know you feel it too.
我们已经被命运连在一起 我知道你也这样想
I never meant to mislead you.
我从来没想过误导你
I do not like things held up before me...
我不喜欢有些事情悬在我的面前
...that I cannot have.
而我却得不到
When you first introduced me to Nobu...
你最初介绍我认识伸江的时候
...I was such a fool to give him my attention.
我竟然会蠢到去引诱他
- You cannot refuse him. You must not. - But, Mameha...
-你不能拒绝他 不可以 -但是 真美羽
What is he to think? He safeguarded your life.
他会怎么想?他救了你的命
- So he owns it? - Sayuri.
-所以我的命就是他的? -小百合
I know what it is like to try and scrape by without a danna.
我知道没有男人的日子是什么样的
I will do something, anything else.
我什么都愿意做
Renting rooms? Scrounging for every meal?
做房屋中介?偷窃?行乞?
Is this the life that you want?
你到底想要怎么样的生活?
I want a life that is mine!
我想要我自己的生活
Nobu has never treated you with anything but kindness.
伸江对你除了同情心没有任何别的想法
- I don't want mere kindness. - What?
-我不想要这样的同情 -什么?
What more can we expect, we geisha?
我们作为艺伎 还能指望什么?
You had feelings for the Baron, didn't you?
你对男爵是有感觉的 不是么?
I never allowed myself that.
我从未允许自己这样想
In time, you learn.
时间会让你明白
- I don't want to learn! - Sayuri!
-我不想明白 -小百合
We don't become geisha to pursue our own destinies.
我们成为艺伎不是为了追求自己的梦想
We become geisha because we have no choice.
我们成为艺伎是因为我们别无选择
What is it? What's wrong?
怎么了 什么事?
Nothing. I have a favor to ask, that's all.
没什么 我想求你帮个忙
At 9:00, bring Nobu to the pool on the far side of the garden.
九点钟的时候 把伸江带到浴池另一头的房间来
Not a minute before, not a minute after. Yes?
一分钟也别早 一分钟也别迟
And, please, do not tell Nobu that I will be there waiting.
还有 别告诉伸江说我会在那里等他
Yes, it's a surprise.
是的 是个惊喜
What? No, no, no. Hang on. Hey, hey, hey. No, whoa.
别这样 等等
I think we have done it.
我想我们搞定了
Let's make sure he signs.
确认一下他签字了没有
Are we doing this or not?
你到底做不做?
You don't know what you have done!
你不知道你到底做了什么
I do not understand.
我不明白
Why did you have to bring the Chairman?
你为什么把主席带去那里?
Because I know how you feel about him.
因为我知道你对他的感觉
A long time ago, you took something from me.
很久以前 你夺走了我的东西
The only thing I'd ever truly wanted.
我唯一期盼的得到的东西
...now you know how it feels.
现在你也能体会这种心情了
The heart dies a slow death.
心慢慢地变冷
Shedding each hope like leaves.
所有的希望像树叶般凋落
Until one day there are none.
直到有一天一无所剩
She paints her face to hide her face.
她以刻意的粉饰来掩盖真实的面容
Her eyes are deep water.
她的眼睛深得像秋水
It is not for geisha to want.
这不是一个艺伎该期盼的
It is not for geisha to feel.
这不是一个艺伎该感受的
Geisha is an artist of the floating world.
艺伎是失落的世界的艺术家
The rest is shadows.
她生命的其余部份是阴影
Sayuri, quickly. The teahouse just called.
小百合 快点 置屋来招呼了
You are to meet a very important client tonight.
你今晚要见一位非常重要的客人
It must be Nobu. Yes.
一定是伸江 没错
He is going to be one of the richest men in Osaka.
他快要成为大阪最富有的人了
He wants to honor his promise:
他想要实现他的承诺
To become your danna at last.
最终成为你的男人
Finally, a return on my investment.
终于 作为对我的投资的回报
Keiko, maybe one day you will be as lucky.
惠子 也许你也有那么幸运的一天
No geisha can ever hope for more.
这是一个艺伎的最高境界
Where is Nobu-san?
伸江先生呢?
He won't be coming.
他不会来了
Is something wrong?
出了什么事?
He knows what happened. It is not in his nature to forgive.
他知道了事情的原委 他的个性使他无法宽恕自己
Chairman, what happened on the island...
主席 那天发生的事情
Please, you do not have to explain.
你不需要解释
But I have shamed myself so deeply, past all forgiveness.
但是我深陷于自责之中 无法原谅自己
No. I'm the one who must be forgiven.
不 我才是那个需要被原谅的人
I do not understand.
我不明白
...if you had only known the truth...
如果你知道了事情的真相
...I was on my way to the theatre.
我在去戏院的路上
I saw a little girl weeping by the Sunagawa.
我看到一个小姑娘在砂川岸边落泪
I stopped to buy her a cup of sweet ice.
我停下来为她买了一杯刨冰
You knew I was that little girl?
你知道我就是那个小姑娘?
Didn't you ever wonder why Mameha took you under her wing?
你是否从来也没想过 真美羽会成为你的保护伞?
Mameha came to me because of you.
真美羽是因为你才来找我的
I wish you could have told me long ago.
我真希望你早点告诉我
I owe Nobu my life.
我的命是伸江救下来的
...when I saw he had a chance at happiness with you, I stood silent.
当我看到他和你在一起很快乐 我选择了沉默
But I cannot any longer.
但是我做不到
...it is not too late.
还来得及
Don't be afraid to look at me, Chiyo.
别怕 看着我 千代
Every step I have taken...
我所经历的每一步
...since I was that child on the bridge...
自从我小时候在桥边遇见你
...has been to bring myself closer to you.
都是为了能够更接近你一些
You cannot say to the sun, "More sun."
你不能要求太阳: "给我更多阳光吧"
Or to the rain, "Less rain."
也不能要求雨水: "给我更多甘霖吧"
To a man, geisha can only be half a wife.
对于一个男人 艺伎只能做半个妻子
We are the wives of nightfall.
我们是日暮之年的妻子
And yet, to learn of kindness...
然而 在体验了无数的不幸之后
... after so much unkindness...
学着去体验幸福的感觉
... to understand that a little girl with more courage than she knew...
去体会那个小姑娘所拥有的超乎想像的勇气
... would find her prayers were answered...
发现自己的梦想终于成真
... can that not be called happiness?
难道不是最大的快乐吗?
... these are not the memoirs of an empress, nor of a queen.
这些 不是皇后的 也不是女王的回忆录
These are memoirs of another kind.
这是另一种人的回忆