9号秘事 第二季 Inside No. 9 Season 2 第3集: 伊丽莎白·盖齐审判案 The Trial of Elizabeth Gadge

上映日期: 0

语言: 英语

影片类型: 喜剧 / 悬疑

导演: 吉列尔莫·莫拉莱斯 / 丹·泽夫 / 里斯·谢尔史密斯 / 史蒂夫·佩姆伯顿

演员: 里斯·谢尔史密斯 / 史蒂夫·佩姆伯顿 / 马克·本顿 / 杰克·怀特霍尔 / 吉姆·霍威克 / 鲁斯·西恩 / 谢里丹·史密斯 / 茱莉‧赫斯姆德哈尔格 / 崔佛·库珀 / 西妮德·马修斯


台词
BY ABU 20180425
9号秘事第二季 第三集
少事村
伊丽莎白·盖齐审判案
What spurs you to send for us so urgent, Justice Pike?
为何如此急着召我们来 派克法官
There is here in the village a young couple
村子里有对年轻夫妇
who claim their mother, Elizabeth Gadge, is a sorceress
称他们的母亲 伊丽莎白·盖齐是个女巫
and much talk of her devilry they do recount.
而且说了不少她犯下的魔鬼行径
We will be the judges of what is or is not devilry, sir.
是否是魔鬼行径 我们自有判断 先生
Indeed. We've just ridden from Southampton,
是啊 我们刚刚离开南安普顿
where an iron founder had reported
那里的一位铸铁工报告说
a black imp hopping side to side
有个黑恶魔在高烟囱里
in a chimney stack and taunting him
跳来跳去 还挑逗他说
- that his hair was fair like a maiden. - How monstrous.
-他的头发像女人一样漂亮 -真可怕
In truth, the imp was nothing but a carrion crow
但事实上 那恶魔不过是只食腐乌鸦
caught by the leg in a griddle.
被筛子绊住了脚
Indeed. Things are not always as they seem.
是啊 事情并不总像表象那么简单
It is true. The crow may not have been an imp,
没错 乌鸦虽不是恶魔
but was in fact a familiar, and it did tell us when questioned
但却是一种邪灵 经过审讯之后 我们得知
the iron founder was himself bedevilled.
铸铁工本人才是中魔之人
The crow did not tell me that, Mr Warren.
乌鸦可没这么跟我说 沃伦先生
I heard it say nothing.
我没听到它说什么
What action was served?
那你们采取了什么行动
We were paid by the mayor quite handsomely,
镇长给了我们不菲的报酬
and the iron founder was sent to trial in accordance with our methods.
铸铁工也依我们的办法进行了审判
And was he found guilty?
他被判有罪吗
After several hours, his tongue was made loose.
几小时后 他的舌头终于松了
By what persuasion?
你们如何说服他的
It was cut from his head with tailor scissors, to which he died.
用裁缝剪把他的舌头剪了下来 他因此死了
The devil did throttle him
魔鬼遏制了他的声音
that he would not reveal his accomplices.
让他无法透露同伴是谁
Your reputations precede you, gentlemen.
二位声名远播 先生们
News of our witch has spread.
我们这里女巫的事已经传了出去
Our inns are thriving with new trade.
旅馆里住满了外来的客人
Not since the escaped cow has there been such excitement here.
自从奶牛越狱事件后 这里还从未如此热闹过
Well, then, let there be investigation
那么我们开始调查
and arraignment of this old woman,
并传讯那位老妇人吧
and in the morning we will consider
明早我们再看看
how far Satan prevails amongst you in respect of witchcraft.
撒旦的女巫究竟在这里有多大势力
Heaven save us.
上天保佑
- Have you enough light, Mr Clarke? - It will suffice.
-光线够吗 克拉克先生 -可以了
I have a list of fees and expenses thus far, Justice Pike.
我列出了到目前为止的费用和开销 派克法官
Yes, of course. It will be paid forthwith.
当然 我们会马上支付
Linen and sundries, pomade and foot powder,
床单 杂物 发蜡 爽足粉
various inns and dwelling houses in and of our three-day ride,
三日旅程期间住过的旅馆和寓所
and to maintain the company of our horse. 20 shillings.
以及随行马匹的费用 20先令
20 shillings. Yes, well, I suppose there are yet two of you.
20先令 是啊 毕竟你们是两个人嘛
Oh, this was for my services alone.
那仅仅是我一人的费用
- Mr Clarke has his own bill for presentment. - Oh, I see.
-克拉克先生的账单会另外给出 -我明白了
Which can be visited after a verdict is settled, Justice Pike,
待审判结束再说吧 派克法官
lest she is innocent and her accusers prove wrong.
免得她是无辜的 被证实无罪
Tis unlikely, from the little I have heard.
就我听到的一点消息来看 不太可能
Which is nothing.
其实也没什么
Let us at least hear the testimony of the poor old crone
我们至少该听听这可怜的老妇的证词
before we reward ourselves with gold for burning her to death.
再为把她烧死讨赏金吧
Before we begin, gentlemen, would you permit me
我们开始之前 先生们 可否允许我
to set down your likeness in my book,
画下你们的画像
that I may remember this, our meeting?
好让我纪念我们的会面
- Of course. - Thank you.
-当然 -谢谢
I will have it framed and hang it in your honour.
我会裱好挂起来 以示尊敬
Sir Andrew, would you like
安德鲁爵士 要不要
me to do a likeness of all of you together?
我给你们画张合像
- If it is no imposition? - Very well.
-这可以吗 -好吧
This is our cobbler, Richard Two-Shoes.
这是我们的鞋匠 理查德·双鞋[老好人]
He will serve to guard the old woman during our trial.
他将在庭审中看守老妇人
God bless you, gentlemen.
上帝保佑你们 先生们
'Tis a great honour for me to aid you in the trial of this witch.
能在这女巫的庭审中协助二位我十分荣幸
Indeed, Richard, but use not the word witch
是啊 理查德 但在她供认之前
until she hath made her confession.
不要称她为女巫
We must give the hag a fair hearing.
我们得让她得到公平的听证会
Witch, witch!
女巫 女巫
She must be here. Shall I let them in, your honour?
一定是她到了 要让他们进来吗 大人
Very well.
好的
Oh, God.
天呐
Want to see her burn!
烧死她
Order! Order!
肃静 肃静
Welcome to the Little Happens witch trial.
欢迎参加少事村女巫审判
I know many of you are strangers to our parish,
我知道你们很多人是外教区来的
but we wish to welcome you here today.
但我们今天在此欢迎大家
Whilst visiting Little Happens,
在你们作客少事村期间
may I recommend you explore our village green,
我推荐各位去本村绿地看看
which has a pond
那里还有个池塘
with a duck.
里面有一只鸭子
- And a bench! - Yes, we must not forget the bench.
-还有长凳呢 -是啊 可不能忘了长凳
Should that not be exciting enough,
如果这不够好玩
we welcome two of our country's leading witch finders -
那么请欢迎国内最顶尖的两位女巫猎人
Mr Warren and Mr Clarke.
沃伦先生和克拉克先生
We are but here to serve the Lord in his quest
我们仅仅是来此替天行道
to rid England of these damnable practices.
让英国摆脱这种可怕的行径
Now, bring forth the witch!
把女巫带上来
Er, the accused woman.
我是说 被告妇人
Witch! Witch!
女巫 女巫
What is happening here?
怎么回事
Sarah! What is this?
莎拉 这怎么回事
I was in bed, I had hot milk.
我都睡了 我喝了热牛奶
Or was it cold milk from a devil's tit, Elizabeth Gadge?
还是恶魔的奶头挤出的冷奶 伊丽莎白·盖齐
Who are you that ask with such authority?
你是谁 有权问这种问题
Elizabeth Anne Gadge,
伊丽莎白·安·盖齐
you have been accused of the practice of witchcraft and sorcery.
你被控施巫术
- What? - There are those here who think you are an enchantress.
-什么 -这里有人认为你是女巫
You are to be tested.
你要接受测试
Who? Who here calls me witch?
谁 是谁说我是女巫
I do.
是我
- And I. - What?
-还有我 -什么
This is for their attic room returned.
他们是想要回他们的阁楼
They have wanted rid of me since my husband took sick and died.
我丈夫生病死后 他们就一直想摆脱我
He and four cows in one morning.
他和4头奶牛一天早上都死了
A week did it take to dig a hole big enough!
挖了一周才挖出足够大的坟
If, after trial by council, being duly and lawfully convicted,
如果经正式审判 被告依法律被判有罪
ye shall suffer the pains of death
你将被处死
and shall lose the privilege of clergy and sanctuary.
且无法享受临终祝祷和在教堂的送终
What means he by that?
那是什么意思
Shush! Quiet, Sarah. All will be well.
别说话 莎拉 一切都会好的
Oh, my daughter, you need only have asked for the space.
女儿啊 你跟我要那地方不就行
I was moving out within one month.
我之前就打算一个月内搬走的
I'd found a little cottage in the next village.
我在隔壁村里找到一间小农舍
Much Happens - an exceedingly dull place.
也就是多事村 特别无聊的地方
Let us hear what has brought you to this point.
让我们听听事情是如何走到今天这步的吧
Come forward, Thomas and Goodwife Nutter.
请上前 汤玛斯及其贤妻
Warren, Clarke, you may proceed.
沃伦 克拉克 二位请
So tell us now of all ye spied, Thomas Nutter,
说说吧 汤玛斯·纳特 你发现了什么
and Mr Clarke will take heed of it
克拉克先生会仔细听好
and writ as evidence your cursed testimony.
并记录你的证词
That we may better remember the facts of this matter.
那样我们可以记录此案的实情
My name is Thomas Nutter,
我叫汤玛斯·纳特
and this here be my wife, Sarah Nutter.
这是我妻子莎拉·纳特
We did, yesternight and
我们作证 昨天晚上
for many nights afore,
以及曾经的数个夜晚
spy Elizabeth Gadge,
曾暗中发现伊丽莎白·盖齐
mother of my wife, creep abroad and meet with a fiend...
我妻子的母亲 爬到屋外跟一个恶魔见面
covered, as we saw, in brown fur,
据我们所见 它覆盖着棕色的皮毛
- and suck upon a black teat until sunrise. - What?!
-她吮吸着一只黑色的乳头直至天亮 -什么
Swear you to these sights, Goody Nutter?
他所言全部属实吗 纳特太太
Indeed it is true, sir.
千真万确 先生
I have followed her myself
在汤玛斯睡觉或拉屎时
whilst Thomas has been sleeping or at shit
是我亲自跟踪她的
and I sometimes seen a white dog appear and dance a jig.
我看见有时会出现一只白狗在跳舞
Yes, it lives next door.
没错 就是隔壁邻居家的狗
Tis a spaniel called Rory.
那是只西班牙猎犬 叫罗利
Silence!
肃静
How oft has old Gadge, creeping,
老盖齐曾几次爬出屋外
met and suckled at the black teat?
面见恶魔并吮吸它黑色的乳头
Never! I've suckled on a few things in my three score and ten,
从未有过 我这辈子是吮吸过一些东西
but never a black teat.
但黑色的乳头并不在其列
By the authority of this court, I demand silence!
我代表法庭命令你肃静
You shut your hole, Elizabeth Gadge.
闭上你的嘴巴 伊丽莎白·盖齐
May I strike the witch, sir?
我可以打这个女巫吗 先生
Not just yet, Richard Two-Shoes.
现在还不行 理查德·双鞋
Perhaps we should introduce Mistress Gadge
或许我们该用女巫之针
to the witch's stitch, Your Honour.
伺候盖齐太太了 法官阁下
Is this one of your fabled witch-finding devices?
那是你传说中的某种女巫探测装置吗
No, Your Honour. It is but a needle and thread.
不 法官阁下 只是普通针线而已
Mr Warren will sew up the crone's mouth
沃伦先生想把老太婆的嘴巴缝上
that she be more encouraged to listen than talk.
好让她乖乖听着 别乱插话
Sarah, relate also the sighting of the imp
莎拉 说说小恶魔
that met in your mother's company.
和你妈妈在一起的事
Now we get to it.
总算说到正题了
I did see my mother converse with an imp
我确实看见我妈妈和小恶魔在说话
in the shape of a small mouse,
一张小嘴若隐若现
which she did keep hidden in a wicker bottle.
因为它一直藏在藤罐里
- I see. - And could this imp
-我明白了 -有可能这个小恶魔
in fact be a small mouse in a wicker bottle?
实际上只是关在藤罐里的一只小老鼠吗
I had thought so too, but Sarah did hear it speak
我也这么想过 可莎拉听见它开口说话了
in a strange language, and Elizabeth Gadge did reply.
说着奇怪的语言 并且伊丽莎白·盖齐还答话了
- Had the creature a name? - She did call it Snowflake.
-那个生物有名字吗 -她称它为小雪花
And she did whisper to it and laugh.
她跟它窃窃私语 还在笑
And was this language like that of a mouse squeaking?
那种语言 像是老鼠在吱吱叫吗
You know it?
你知道吗
These are learned men, Goody Nutter,
这几位都是博学之人 纳特太太
and have witnessed much that is strange.
奇怪的事可见得多了
So you concede, Elizabeth Gadge,
伊丽莎白·盖齐 你承认
that you gave this creature a title?
你给这个生物起名字了吗
Yes, he was as white as the snow, so I named him Snowflake.
是的 它浑身雪白 所以我给它取名小雪花
- You named him? - Aye. What manner of crime is that?
-你给它取名吗 -是啊 取名也有罪吗
What is "named" backwards?
把"取名"二字倒过来写是什么
Get me ink and paper.
笔墨伺候
Demon! It's demon!
魔鬼 是魔鬼
- Demon! - Demon! Demon!
-魔鬼 -魔鬼 魔鬼
D...Demon!
魔...魔鬼
Demon!
魔鬼
Precisely!
千真万确
Well, no. It's "Deman", isn't it?
不对 是"名取" 不是"魔鬼"
'Tis close enough.
发音都差不多
Make a note, Mr Clarke, that Elizabeth Gadge confesses
记录下来 克拉克先生 伊丽莎白·盖齐承认了
having had discourse with the demon known as Snowflake.
曾与名为小雪花的魔鬼有过交谈
Such an imputation is somewhat lacking in evidence.
要定这种罪 证据还略显不足吧
Would you not agree, Mr Warren?
你不觉得吗 沃伦先生
Then add this creature to our witness list, Mr Clarke.
那就将这个生物加入证人名单里 克拉克先生
And we will hear before God what this Snowflake has to say.
让我们在上帝面前听听这个小雪花有什么要说的
Squeak, squeak, squeak.
吱吱 吱吱 吱吱
What is your name?
你叫什么名字
George Waterhouse.
乔治·沃特豪斯
And you have witnessed events
你是否曾见过一些事
which may be of some interest to this hearing?
是本听证可能感兴趣的
Well, only this -
是有一件事...
I did spy Elizabeth Gadge fly out the window on a shovel,
我曾见到伊丽莎白·盖齐骑着铁锹飞出了窗户
whereat she rode to the Sabbat
前去参加女巫魔宴
and did kiss the devil's arse and eat a baby's face off.
她亲吻了恶魔的屁股 还将婴儿的脸啃了下来
- When... - Just a moment.
-当时... -请稍等
"..And eat...
"还将...
a baby's...
婴儿的...
face off."
脸啃了下来"
Continue.
继续
When was this?
那是什么时候的事
Last Tuesday night, about five past, ten past 11.
上周二晚 大概11:05或11:10左右
Thank you, Mr Waterhouse.
谢谢 沃特豪斯先生
Tell us more of this arse kissing.
再给我们讲讲亲屁股的事吧
How close did you spy it?
你见到这一幕时离得有多近
Was it right on the hole or just on the cheek?
是正好舔在屁眼上 还是屁股瓣上
Mr Waterhouse,
沃特豪斯先生
I take it you are known to Elizabeth Gadge,
我想伊丽莎白·盖齐是认识你的吧
- is that right? - I suppose.
-对吗 -我想是的
- In what capacity? - We did have dealings in livestock.
-以何种身份 -我们在家畜业上有交易
She did sell a cow to me of late.
她最近刚卖给我一头牛
And after a short time I surmise this cow did die, did it not?
我猜测这头牛过不久就死了 是吗
Yes, it bloody well did.
是的 确实如此
And I paid good money to her husband,
我付了一大笔钱给她的丈夫
and he too did die, owing me ten shillings!
接着他也死了 还欠我十先令
You may sit down, Mr Waterhouse.
你可以坐下了 沃特豪斯先生
Your unbiased testimony is noted.
本庭会记录下你公正的证词
Please, Your Worship, we move these proceedings
法官阁下 本次听证会的重点
to the questioning of Elizabeth Gadge.
是质询伊丽莎白·盖齐
Very well, but we must hear more of the Sabbat and all its rites.
说得不错 可我们得知道更多那次集会及其仪式的信息
For example, is it just the devil who has his arse kissed
比如说 是只有恶魔的屁股被亲了呢
or can anyone be forced to endure it?
还是任何人都被迫忍受被亲屁股
Elizabeth Gadge.
伊丽莎白·盖齐
What manner of fiend is it that you creep to nightly and suckle on?
你半夜爬出去吃奶的恶魔是何种类
I know not of what you speak.
我不知道你在说什么
I'm but a frail old woman who is in bed by evensong.
我只是个早早就入睡的孱弱老妇而已
My tormentors know this to be true.
我的执律人知道我说的是实话
So you deny any knowledge of a brown thing of fur?
所以你否认见过什么棕色皮毛的东西吗
A brown thing of fur?
棕色皮毛的东西
Think carefully before you answer, old Mistress Gadge.
回答之前先想清楚 老盖齐太太
I...have a brown hat of such a description.
我...有一顶类似的棕色帽子
It is for winter and the cold.
是用来冬天防寒的
And does this hat walk upright on two legs
那这顶帽子长出两条腿直立行走
and have hang from it a black teat?
并悬挂着一只黑色的乳头吗
'Tis plain, as I remember.
我记得就是一顶普通的帽子
And, being a hat, has no legs or titties to speak of.
作为一顶帽子 谈何有腿或者乳头
Something amuse you, Mr Waterhouse?
有什么可笑的吗 沃特豪斯先生
A hat with titties!
有乳头的帽子
It would be unfortunate that our discovery of this sorceress
如果此次对这位女巫的审判 又发现了她的同类
should uncover diverse others in this court.
那可真是太不幸了
Not since summer last
去年夏天
have Mr Clarke and I unearthed a coven of witches.
我和克拉克先生就发掘了一个女巫团
I read of it. 'Twas in Leeds.
我在报上读到过 发生在利兹
And what was the cause?
理由是什么
Did they find a tree with three teats and a cunny?
发现了一棵长着三个奶头和一个阴道的树吗
Or did they spy the devil's bush upon your chin?
还是发现你的下巴上长着魔鬼的胡子
Silence! If you value your lives, silence!
肃静 不想没命的话 肃静
Laughter contorts the face and makes monkeys of men.
大笑使面容扭曲 让人出丑
Only the devil would turn such sport.
只有魔鬼才能如此摆布他人
The next person here to laugh will immediate die as a witch.
下一个笑的人就立马以女巫身份处死
Starting from...
就从现在...
..now.
开始
Who was that? Which of you was that?
是谁 是谁在笑
Confess it! Which is the witch?
快承认 谁是女巫
It was old Waterhouse, Mr Warren!
是老沃特豪斯 沃伦先生
Shut up, you rat,
闭嘴 你个告密的小人
or she won't be the only one kissing the devil's arse!
否则就不止是她去亲魔鬼的屁股了
He'll fart in your mouth, you fat...
他会往你嘴里放屁 你个胖...
Fart in my mouth, I'll piss in your breakfast.
往我嘴里放屁 我就往你的早餐里拉尿
Enough!
够了
You undermine the solemn purpose of this undertaking.
你们破坏了这项审判的庄严目的
Let us stay focused on Old Mistress Gadge.
继续审判盖齐老太太吧
Indeed. I move we continue this trial in private.
没错 我提议我们秘密进行这项审判吧
I agree.
我同意
Perhaps it is just as well, for the testing of the accused
那样也好 因为对被告的测试
is not for the faint-hearted.
不适合胆小鬼看
What's that?
那是什么
Court dismissed.
休庭
Well, you brought it on yourselves.
你们自找的
So these could be used on thumbs or toes?
这些是用在拇指或脚趾上的吗
- That is correct, your honour. - Most versatile.
-没错 大人 -非常多用
- And this... - The pear.
-那这个... -叫梨器
It can be inserted into
可以插入到
any orifice and expanded to the point of...
任何洞里 然后撑到让人极度...
ecstasy.
兴奋
- ..Agony. - Agony, yes.
-痛苦 -痛苦 对
But my preferred method is pricking.
但我更偏爱用针扎
Lay bare her back.
把她的背露出来
Cut the cloth, if need be, and hold her still.
有必要的话 把衣服剪掉 让她别动
Please, have mercy. This top was a present.
求求你手下留情 这件上衣是别人送的
Let me but take it off carefully. There's no need to ruin it!
我小心脱下来就好 没必要毁了这衣服
The devil may have laid his mark upon you.
魔鬼也许已将他的印记留在你身上
It is for us to discover it.
现在由我们来找到
Just to be clear, if she bleeds, she is a witch?
我搞清楚一点 如果她流血了 她就是女巫吗
- No, quite the opposite. - If she bleeds she is not a witch?
-不 恰恰相反 -流血了就说明不是
Not necessarily. The devil's mark may be well hidden.
也不一定 魔鬼的标记也许被藏起来了
Then we must keep pricking her till she do stop bleeding,
所以我们就得一直扎她 直到她不再流血
at which time we will know that
那时候或许 我们就能知道
she is or is not a witch, possibly.
她是不是女巫了
- Correct. - All is clear. Proceed.
-没错 -明白了 开始吧
Sarah, am I not still your mother?
莎拉 我不是你的母亲吗
Have mercy on me.
可怜可怜我吧
- Thomas, please? - We know what we saw.
-汤玛斯 求你了 -我们看到什么心里有数
It was dark. It could have been anyone.
晚上那么黑 可能是任何人
Or anything!
也可能是魔鬼
Besides, the attic room would serve us well, Sarah.
而且阁楼对我们很有用 莎拉
Where else are we to dry the sheets? They're big.
不然我们在哪里晾床单 床单那么大
- Oh, please stop! - What is it, Sarah Nutter?
-快住手吧 -怎么了 莎拉·纳特
Did you not expect horrors such as these to unfold?
你没料到会有这么可怕的行为吗
We may have been mistook.
我们可能搞错了
Perhaps it was a shadow, a trick of the twilight.
可能是阴影 破晓时的错觉
- You lie, Goody Nutter. - No!
-你在撒谎 纳特太太 -没有
- The truth is we don't know what we saw. - Sarah!
-真相是我们根本不知道我们看到了什么 -莎拉
Who is this night-time fiend that you so visit? An incubus?
你老去拜访的夜间恶魔是谁 梦淫妖吗
Beelzebub? What was his name?
别西卜吗 叫什么名字
It was him!
是他
Richard Two-Shoes.
理查德·双鞋
Richard Two-Shoes the cobbler.
补鞋匠理查德·双鞋
She lies. She lies, your worship!
她撒谎 她在撒谎 大人
Prick her again.
接着扎她
I did meet sometimes with him after dark.
我真的偶尔会在夜里见他
He would pay me a shilling a suck, and I would do it!
他付我一先令口交一次 我就做了
- Is this true, Richard? - No, sir, I swear it.
-真的吗 理查德 -不是的 大人 我发誓
I do not stir out after dark, my wife will vouch for it.
我夜里从不出门 我老婆可以证明
Very well. We will get to the bottom of this.
很好 我们就查个水落石出
Call forth Goody Two-Shoes.
传唤双鞋太太
Richard Two-Shoes,
理查德·双鞋
have you spent night after night with this vile hag?
你曾多个夜里跟这个邪恶老巫婆在一起过吗
Yes, your worship.
是的 大人
But she's my wife and 'tis the law, is it not?
但她是我老婆 这是合法的 不是吗
We were referring to Old Mistress Gadge.
我们指的是盖齐老太太
Is it true you've had several night-time meetings with her?
你跟她有过几次夜间会面 是否属实
No, sir. On the eyes of my children I swear it.
不是的 大人 我以我孩子的眼睛发誓
'Twas not for love, Goody Two-Shoes.
我们那样不是因为爱 双鞋太太
'Twas done only to pay my son-in-law rent.
只是为了付我女婿的房租
He would always cry your name when he did climax
他高潮射出来的时候
and throw out his curdle.
喊的都是你的名字
For the court records, is that of any comfort, Goody Two-Shoes?
为供法庭记录 双鞋太太 你可对此略感安慰
He spoke fondly of my mouth. He liked not your teeth
他喜欢我的嘴巴 他不喜欢你的牙齿
and said they were like a box of nails should he put in his rod.
说把他的肉棒放进去 就跟一盒钉子在扎他一样
I never said that!
我可没说过
My wife can suck like a leech.
我老婆的吸力堪比蚂蟥
Show them, Rachel. Show
给他们看看 瑞秋
Sir Andrew what miracles your mouth can work.
给安德鲁大人看看你的嘴巴有多神奇
That will not be necessary.
那就没必要了
Come, come, Mr Two-Shoes.
快说吧 双鞋先生
The old woman's life hangs
如果你不承认
in the balance if you do not confess it.
这个老妇人便命悬一线
Richard. Please?
理查德 求你了
They will burn me else.
他们会烧死我的
Did I not bring you pleasure?
我没让你快乐吗
Never.
从来没有
I had no such meetings.
我从没见在夜里见她
Justice Pike, I move to adjourn the court
派克法官 我提议休庭
and continue afresh in the morning.
明早再继续审
We will apply hot oil and other methods overnight
我们今晚将动用热油等其他方法
to freshen the old woman's recollection of events.
让这老妇好好回想起她的恶行
Very well. Till 8am tomorrow. I will to my chambers.
很好 明早8点 我会到我的内厅
I'll just put that back.
我还是放回去吧
Yet more imps and devils in the fireplace, Mr Warren.
火炉里有更多恶魔和魔鬼 沃伦先生
Evil can be found peeping from anywhere,
恶魔可能会从任何地方窥探
Mr Clarke, as you well know.
克拉克先生 这你也清楚
But care you not for this old woman?
但你毫不在乎那个老妇吗
'Tis plain as day the
非常明显
Nutters want rid of her from under their roof
是纳特一家想把她从家里赶出去
and have cried witch as a solution.
于是就说她是女巫
Whatever the reason, the trial will uncover it.
无论是何原因 审判自会揭晓
By the continuation of her torture.
那就得继续折磨她
Yes. What possible cause have you to question
是的 你出于何因质疑
the fairness of our work, Clarke?
我们工作的公正性呢 克拉克
Witchcraft is punishable by death,
巫术可被判处死刑
and perhaps the burden of pointing the finger has made me weary.
也许指认之重担已使我倍感疲倦
Burden? You live handsomely
重担 你生活潇洒
and are commended by God and the law alike.
受上帝和法律之委托
But what of this dear old mistress,
那这位可怜的老妇人呢
presently dragged here to convince us of her purity,
无故被拖到这里向我们证明她的清白
having done nothing more than keep a mouse in a bottle
除了在藤罐里养老鼠 用嘴把一个穿棕色外套的男人
and suck to completion a man in a brown coat?
送上高潮 再没有做其他事情
If we consign her body to the flames,
如果我们放火烧死她
do we not do the devil's work ourselves?
我们难道不是也在行恶魔之举吗
Tread cautiously, Mr Clarke,
说话当心点 克拉克先生
lest you find yourself accused.
以免让你自己也惹罪上身
Whatever the cost, the Lord's work will be done.
不管付出多大代价 都必须践行上帝的正义之举
I agree, and I will pray to him for guidance.
我同意 我会向他祈祷 寻求指引的
Good morning, gentlemen!
早上好 先生们
- I trust you slept well? - Not really.
-相信你们一定睡得很安稳吧 -算不上
Thank heaven we had no rain
谢天谢地没有下雨
and the pyre has remained dry for tonight.
柴堆都是干的 今晚可以使用
Er, should we have a confession of guilt, of course.
不过前提是她认罪了才能火烧吧
Of course.
当然了
We have heard tell of visitors from all three shires,
三个郡的人都赶来围观这一壮举
and a travelling fair has alighted on the green.
绿地上已经办起了集会
The innkeepers are saying we could be bigger than Pendle!
旅馆老板说我们这可能比彭德尔女巫审判还盛大
You will need change the name of your village, Justice Pike.
你得改一下你们的村庄名了 派克法官
Indeed. They will be most envious in Much Happens.
的确 多事村的人一定羡慕死了
Is that the same woman as yesterday? Seems taller than before.
这是昨天那个女人吗 似乎比之前高了些
She has been stretched, your honour,
她的身体被拉伸了 法官大人
in pursuit of the truth.
就为了逼她说出真相
Bring in her accusers.
把指控她的人带上来
Are you ready to confess, Elizabeth?
你准备好招供了吗 伊丽莎白
You are weak. Perhaps some food might revive you?
你很虚弱 或许吃些食物能让你增加体力
Bring the court to order.
保持当庭秩序
Mr Warren, Mr Clarke, you may proceed.
沃伦先生 克拉克先生 你们可以开始了
Elizabeth Gadge has yet to confess to her crimes.
伊丽莎白·盖齐尚未供认自己的罪行
I propose one final test
我提议进行最后一项测试
that will seal her fate in your eyes
以当着大家的面定夺她的命运
and in the eyes of God.
也当着上帝的面
Mr Clarke.
克拉克先生
The court calls the demon known as Snowflake.
本庭宣召名为小雪花的恶魔
Please, please, remain calm. You have nothing to fear.
请大家保持镇定 你们无需害怕
Christ in heaven! It's transformed itself into a bottle!
老天啊 它变成一个罐子了
The bottle is indeed a bottle
那个罐子本身就是个罐子
and the familiar hides inside.
邪灵就藏在里面
Richard, release the imp. But look you, be careful,
理查德 释放出小恶魔吧 但一定要当心点
lest it may bite.
以防它咬人
Now let us observe the demon
我们静观这个魔鬼
as it seeks out its mistress the witch.
看它自己寻找到它的情妇女巫
Be calm, Justice Pike.
镇定 派克法官
The truth will out.
真相马上就水落石出了
Snowflake.
小雪花
- Hello, my lovely. - She is a witch.
-你好啊 小可爱 -她就是个女巫
- See, 'tis proved! - It's only a mouse.
-瞧吧 已经证明了 -那只是只老鼠而已
Elizabeth Gadge, do you now acknowledge your crimes?
伊丽莎白·盖齐 你现在承认自己的罪行吗
Did you meet and have relations with a fiend,
你是否见过魔鬼 和他存在关系
dance with a white dog
和白狗共舞
- and keep council with this monstrous familiar? - No, sir.
-并且和这邪灵有亲密关系 -没有 大人
And did you by transvection fly to the Sabbat on a shovel
你是否架着铁锹 飞去参加女巫魔宴
and lick and caress the devil's arse with your long probing tongue?
用你长长的舌头 舔探魔鬼的屁眼
- Never. - But your familiar has proven otherwise.
-没有 -但你的邪灵证明你在说谎
Prepare the witch for execution.
准备将这女巫处刑
Elizabeth Anne Gadge,
伊丽莎白·安·盖齐
you have been found guilty of witchcraft
你被判犯了巫术罪
and are to be taken to a place of execution,
将被带到处刑地点
where you will be burned at the stake until you are dead.
你将在那里被绑在柱子上烧死
Tickets are now on sale at the Green Man Inn.
新手旅馆目前正在进行打折票的销售
Family tokens include a free potato to bake on the fire,
家庭套票将免费赠送一颗土豆在火上烤
and may the Lord have mercy on your soul.
愿上帝宽恕你的灵魂
Art thou content?
你满意了吧
Mother? 'Tis I, Sarah.
母亲 是我 莎拉
Thomas is here too.
汤玛斯也来了
We've come to say goodbye.
我们是来跟你道别的
- I don't know why. Witch! - Thomas!
-我不知道为什么 女巫 -汤玛斯
Justice Pike has let us have two seats on the front row,
派克法官给了我们两张前排座
- so that's nice. - 'Tis only fair.
-那真是挺好的 -像这样才公平
We put all your belongings on the fire.
我们把你的东西都放在火上了
Two birds, one stone, and all that.
一石二鸟 省事
Yeah, we've moved the babes up to your...the attic room.
是啊 我们把孩子都搬到你的...阁楼去住了
Aye, and we've yet so much space.
是啊 家里空间一下子大了好多
Goody Garden next door is green with envy.
隔壁的嘉顿太太羡慕死了
She says she's going to accuse her mother.
她说她也要指控她母亲是女巫
Well, she'd better not, else they'll all be doing it.
她最好别这么做 否则大家都要效仿了
I am afraid you must leave now.
你们得离开了
It is my duty to administer the last rites
我必须在你们的母亲被烧死之前
to your mother before she burns.
为她举行临终圣礼
Righto. We'd best take to our seats.
好的 我们得去就坐了
Kiss the devil's arse for me!
替我亲吻下魔鬼的屁股吧
Goodbye, Mother.
再见 母亲
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
I too am sorry.
我也很抱歉
I can scarce believe it has come to this.
我真不敢相信竟然闹到了这一步
We were partners, you and I, Matthew. Against evil.
我们曾是搭档 你和我 共同对抗恶魔
But you have become infected.
但你被感染了
Evil has grown within you.
恶魔已经在你体内萌芽
Your zealotry's turned to bigotry and worse.
你的狂热已经陷入盲目的偏见
You said we must do God's work, whatever the cost.
你说我们必须不惜一切代价 行上帝正义之举
May he have mercy on your wretched soul.
愿他宽恕你卑鄙的灵魂
They're selling these hats at the fair.
他们在集市上售卖这种帽子呢
Rather amusing, I thought.
我觉得非常有趣
- Would you care for a toffee apple? - No, I thank ye.
-你想吃个太妃糖浆苹果吗 -不了 谢谢
The witch is prepared.
女巫已准备就绪
Excellent. Well, guards,
好极了 守卫们
take her outside and bind her to the stake.
把她带出去 绑在柱子上
I have yet to see Mr Warren. I have money here to present him.
我还没见到沃伦先生 我有钱要给他
I shall see that he gets it.
我一定会转交给他的
I just hope there are no more witch trials in Little Happens.
我只希望少事村不要再有女巫审判案了
No, for myself I'm glad. A most rewarding endeavour.
不 我个人倒是很高兴 此举让我获益不小啊
I shall rather miss all the excitement.
我一定会很想念这其中的乐趣的
You don't think the daughter might have been involved?
你觉得她的女儿 有没有可能也是女巫
- I think not. - No, no. Just a thought.
-我觉得不可能 -是啊 我就乱想了一下
Well, I must attend outside.
我必须出去了
They're insistent that I be the one to light the fire.
他们坚持让我负责点燃火堆
You are ridding us of a great evil, Mr Clarke.
你为我们除去了恶魔 克拉克先生
Yes, I do believe I am.
是的 我也相信如此
All is clear. You may show yourself.
安全了 你可以出来了
Thanking you kindly, sir. How can I ever repay you?
非常感谢您 先生 我要如何报答您
Your continued life is my reward, Elizabeth.
你能继续活命就是对我最好的报答 伊丽莎白
Here, take this.
给 拿着这些钱
You must away from this village lest our stratagem be discovered.
你必须远离这个村庄 以免被人发现我们的计策
Let me first but suck you a little, sir,
我先替你口交一次让你爽爽吧 先生
- to show my gratitude. - There is no need.
-以示感激 -没那个必要
But you murdered your friend, Mr Clarke.
但你杀了你的朋友啊 克拉克先生
What I did, I did for the Lord.
我所做的事 是为上帝而做的
And the devil thanks you kindly.
魔鬼谢谢你的好意
Come, Snowflake. Our work here is done.
来吧 小雪花 我们的任务已经完成了
Let us to the Sabbat and tell our master these happy tidings.
我们去参加女巫魔宴吧 告诉主人这些好消息