生活大爆炸 第一季 The Big Bang Theory Season 1 第10集: 复杂的谎言(The Loobenfeld Decay)

上映日期: 2,007

语言: 英语 / 意大利语

影片类型: 喜剧

导演: 詹姆斯·伯罗斯

演员: 吉姆·帕森斯 / 约翰尼·盖尔克奇 / 凯莉·库柯 / 西蒙·赫尔伯格 / 昆瑙·内亚 / 莎拉·吉尔伯特 / DJ·考尔斯 / 考特尼·海根勒 / 莎拉尤·拉奧 / 布鲁克·朵赛 / 布瑞恩韦德 /


台词
No, see, the liquid-metal terminators were created
不 你想 液态金属终结者
In the future by skynet,
是天网系统在未来世界创造的角色
And skynet was developed by miles dyson,
而天网系统是由麦尔斯·戴森开发的
But that future no longer exists
但这样的未来不会存在了
Due to dyson's death in terminator 2.
因为戴森已经在终结者2里死了
Okay,read only this.
好吧 但你这样想
Assuming all the good terminators
假设所有正义的终结者一开始
Were originally evil terminators created by skynet
由天网系统创造时都是邪恶的
But then reprogrammed by the future john connor,
是后来经约翰·康纳之手才重新改编了其程序
Why would skynet, an artificial computer intelligence,
那为什么天网系统 如此一个人工智能
Bother to create a petite, hot, 17-year-old killer robot?
会去创造一个火辣的17岁小矮个机器人杀手?
Skynet is kinky?
因为天网系统变态?
I don't know...
我不知道
Artificial intelligences do not have teen fetishes.
人工智能可不会把小屁孩当恋物
All right. Wait! they use it to...
好吧 等等 其实他们是想用它...
Too late. I win.
太晚了 我赢了
What the hell is that?
这究竟是什么玩意?
I don't know, but if cats could sing...
我不知道 但如果猫可以唱歌
They'd hate it, too.
它们也会受不了这个
Hey, guys!
好啊 伙计们
Hi! where you going?
你们去哪儿?
What?
什么
We just had to mail some letters and...
我们出去寄些信 还有...
Throw away some chicken.
顺便把这些鸡肉扔了
You'll never guess what just happened.
你们肯定猜不到刚才发生了什么
Oh, I give up.
我猜不到
I don't guess.
我根本不用猜
As a scientist, I reach conclusions
作为一名科学家 我们通过
Based on observation and experimentation...
观察和试验来得出结论...
Although as I'm saying this,
虽然我现在正这么说
It occurs to me you may have been employing
但我感觉你可能已经使用了
A rhetorical device rendering my response moot.
某种能带修辞的表达装置来使我的回应倍受争议
What was that?
那是什么东西?
Believe it or not, personal growth.
你信不信 他现在开窍了
What happened?
是什么事?
All right, remember when I auditioned for that workshop
是这样 记不记得我曾经参加了
Production of rent, but I didn't get it
出租产品展示会的试镜却没通过
And I couldn't figure out why.
并且我没想通是什么原因?
I have a conclusion based on an observation.
通过观察我得出了一点结论
No, you don't.
不 你没有
No, he doesn't.
不 他没有
Well, the girl they picked to play mimi--
他们选中的那个女孩
She dropped out, and they asked me to replace her.
她退出了 然后他们让我替代她
Congratulations. what a lucky break.
恭喜你 这是个契机啊
It's not that big a deal, just a one-night showcase,
没什么大不了的 就一晚上的亮相
But they invite a lot of casting people and agents.
但他们请了好多剧组人员和经纪人来
So, you never know.
去了才知道啦...
I think I know. no, you don't.
-我想我知道 -不 你不知道
He doesn't.
他不知道
It's this friday night at 8:00. you guys want to come?
这周五晚8点 你们想不想来?
No. no.
-不 -不
Because... uh...
因为...
Friday we are attending a symposium
周五我们要参加一个
On molecular positronium.
关于分子正负的研讨会
I think that's a week from tuesday,at 6:00.
我以为是下周二6点呢
No, it's this friday.
不 是这个周五
At 8:00.
8点
Oh, too bad.
太遗憾了
Well, I gotta get to rehearsal.
好了 我得去排练了
See you guys. see ya.
-再见了 伙计们 -再见
You just lied to penny.
你刚才对潘妮撒了谎
Yes, I did. and you did it
-是 我撒了谎 -而且你表现得
So casually-- no rapid breathing,
如此从容 没有呼吸急促
No increase in perspiration...
也没有冒汗
So?
所以说?
So, lack of a physiological response while lying
所以说 你撒谎时缺乏生理反应
Is characteristic of a violent sociopath.
这是反社会暴力狂的特点
Sheldon, are you worried about your safety?
谢尔顿 你是在担心你的人身安全吗
No, I imagine if you were going to kill me,
不 我想如果你要杀了我
You'd have done it a long time ago.
你早就下手了
That's very true.
说得非常正确
By aBu 201705
天才也性感 第一季 第10集
Leonard?
里奥纳德
Leonard?
里奥纳德
Leonard? what?
-里奥纳德 -干嘛
I need to speak to you.
我得找你谈谈
It's 2:00 in the morning!
现在是凌晨2点
It's important.
很重要的事
I highly doubt that.
我严重怀疑
Go away.
走开
Are you still out there?
你还在外面吗
Yes.
没错
What?
干嘛
You're right; it can wait until morning.
你说的对 我们还是天亮了再说吧
What, what, what, what, what?
什么 什么 什么 什么 什么
Never mind.
没事儿
I clearly woke you up in the middle of a rem cycle.
很明显我在你熟睡的时候叫醒了你
You're in no state of mind to talk.
你根本就没心情听我说话
Sheldon, what is it?
谢尔顿 到底什么事
I'm uncomfortable having been included in your lie to penny.
卷入了你对潘妮的欺骗事件我感到很不舒服
What was I supposed to say?
那我应该怎么说
You could have told her the truth.
你可以跟她说实话
That would have hurt her feelings.
那样会伤害她的
Is that a relevant factor?
这跟伤害她有什么关系?
Yes.
当然有
Then I suppose you could've agreed to go.
那我想你应该答应她去的
And what would I have said afterwards?
那我之后该怎么说?
I would suggest something to be a fact of
我会这么说
Singing is neither an appropriate vocation
唱歌对你来说既不是一个合适的职业
Nor avocation for you, and if you disagree,
也不是合适的副业 如果你不同意
I'd recommend you have a cat scan
我建议你去做一个X光断层扫描
To look for a tumor pressing
看看是不是有肿瘤
On the cognitive processing centers of your brain.
压迫到了你大脑的认知处理单元
I couldn't say that.
我可说不出来
I would have to say, "you were terrific
我只会说 你真的太棒了
And I can't wait to hear you sing again."
我好想再听一遍你的歌声
Why?
为什么
That's the social protocol.
这是人们交际的法则
It's what you do when you have a friend
当你朋友对自己很烂的东西引以为傲时
Who's proud of something they really suck at.
你就应该这么做
I was not aware of that.
我以前不知道
Well, now you are. oh.
那你现在知道了
All right. leonard?
好吧 里奥纳德
Yes?
怎么
When we played chess earlier,
记得我们以前玩国际象棋吗
You were terrific, and I can't wait to play you again.
你真的太棒了 我真想能有机会再跟你切磋
Good night.
晚安
Leonard?
里奥纳德
This would be so much easier
如果我真是反社会暴力狂
If I were a violent sociopath.
那就好办多了
Leonard? leonard?
里奥纳德 里奥纳德
What?
怎么了
I was analyzing our lie, and I believe we're in danger
我刚才分析了下我们的谎话 我在想
Of penny seeing through the ruse.
潘妮要是看穿了我们的骗局 我们就危险了
How?
怎么会
Simple, If she were to log onto
很简单 如果她登陆
Www.socalphysixsgroup.org /activities/other,
Www.socalphysixsgroup.org /Activities/Other(一学术网站)
Click on "upcoming events," scroll down to "seminars,"
点击"最近活动" 往下滚找到"研讨会"
Download the pdf schedule,
下载日程安排
And look for the seminar on molecular positronium,
然后查找分子正负的研讨会
Well than...
那可好了
Our pants are metaphorically on fire.
我们就要火烧屁股了
Well, sir, my trousers will not be igniting today.
好吧 先生 我今天不会让火烧到我屁股的
Penny?
潘妮
Penny?
潘妮
Penny?
潘妮
Good morning.
早上好
Do you have any idea what time it is?
你知不知道现在几点?
Of course I do.
我当然知道
My watch is linked to the atomic clock
我的手表连接着科罗拉多州的
In boulder, colorado.
波尔得的原子钟
It's accurate to one-tenth of a second.
精确到0.1秒
But as I'm saying this, it occurs to me
但我在这说话的同时 再一次
That, once again, your question may have been rhetorical.
我感觉你的问题可能是带修辞性的
What do you want?
你要干什么
Remember how leonard told you
还记得里奥纳德怎么跟你说
We couldn't come to your performance
为什么我们不能去看你表演吗
Because we were attending a symposium
因为我们要参加研讨会
On molecular positronium?
关于分子正负的
I remember "symposium."
我记得有个研讨会
Yes. well... he lied.
是的 那是他骗你的
Wait.
等等
What?
什么
He lied
他跟你撒谎了
And I'm feeling very uncomfortable about it.
我对此感到很忐忑不安
Well, imagine how I'm feeling.
知道我是什么感觉吗
Hungry?
饿?
Tired?
累?
I'm sorry, this really isn't my strong suit.
对不起 这真的不是我的强项
You told her I lied?
你告诉他我骗她?
Why would you tell her I lied?
你为什么要告诉她我骗她?
To help you.
为了帮你
I'm sorry, I'm not seeing the help.
不好意思 我没看到哪里有帮助
She was going to see through your lie eventually,
她最终肯定会看穿你的谎言
So I told her that you were lying to protect me.
所以 为了保护我 我告诉她你撒了谎
Ohh... I'm getting a bad feeling.
我有种不好的感觉
Hunger?
饿了?
Indigestion?
消化不良?
I'm sorry, I'm really not very good at this.
对不起 我真的不擅长这个
Anyway,
总之
Penny now believes that, on friday night,
潘妮现在已经相信
We're going to participate
周五的晚上我们要去参加
In my cousin leopold's drug intervention.
我表弟里奥珀德的戒毒调停会
Your cousin leopold.
你的表弟里奥珀德
Who most people call leo, but he also answers to lee.
大部分人叫他里奥 但你叫他里他也会答应
Remember that. it's important.
记住这点 这很关键
What's important?
有什么好关键的?
Details, leonard-- the success
细节 里奥纳德
Or failure of our deceitful enterprise
骗人的成功或失败
Turns on details.
就是取决于细节
Do you have a cousin leopold? no.
-你真有个表弟叫里奥珀德? -没有
I made him up.
他是我捏造的
I think you'd call him lee.
我觉得你应该叫他里
I don't get it.
我不明白了
I already told her a lie.
我已经跟她撒过一次谎了
Why replace it with a different lie?
为什么要再撒一个不同的谎?
Well, first of all, your lie was laughably transparent,
首先 你的谎话很可笑且容易被识破
Where mine is exquisitely convoluted.
而我的却十分缜密且难以识破
While you were sleeping,
在你睡觉的时候
I was weaving an un-unravelable web.
我组建了一个"非不可解释"网站
Un-unravelable?
非不可解释?
Yes.
是的
If she googles "leopold houston,"
如果她在Google里搜索"里奥珀德·休斯顿"
She'll find a facebook page,
她会找到一个Facebook(美国交友网站)页面
An online blog depicting his descent into drug use
一个在线博客 里面有描述他吸毒走向堕落的过程
And a desperate yet hopeful listing on eharmony.com.
而且在Eharmony.com(美国婚介网站)有个绝望但仍有希望的名单
Okay, why would I go
好吧 但是为什么
To a drug intervention for your cousin?
我要去参加你表弟的戒毒调停会
Ah! because it's in long beach, and I don't drive.
因为那在长滩 而我又不会开车
We're going to long beach?
我们要去长滩?
No, of course not. there's no cousin leo.
不 当然不 根本就没有表弟里奥
There's no intervention.
也没有调停会
Focus, leonard.
动动脑子 里奥纳德
Aw, come on.
不会吧
We just leave the house on friday night and we return
我们只需要在周五晚上离开家
In the wee hours, emotionally wrung out,
然后等到凌晨再回来
From the work of convincing leo to go back into rehab.
带着一幅坚信里奥回戒毒所后能改邪归正的表情
He goes back into rehab?
他还要回戒毒所?
Yes, but, he can relapse if penny
没错 并且 要是潘妮再邀请我们听她唱歌
Ever invites us to hear her sing again.
他随时可以毒瘾发作的
You still told her I lied.
你毕竟还是告诉她我撒谎了
For a noble purpose-- to spare me
但初衷很高尚的 你是为了帮助我
The social embarrassment
避免让人知道我有个吸毒的弟弟
Of having a drug-addled first cousin--
这一让人尴尬的事情
Which I'm assuming is embarrassing, yes?
我假设这是很尴尬 对吗
How am I supposed to remember all of this?
我怎么可能记住这么多乱七八糟的
Oh, that's the best part. you don't have to.
最精彩的部分到了 你根本不用去记
See, I told penny that you would be embarrassed
我对潘妮说如果你发现
If you knew that she found out that you had lied,
她知道你骗她的话 你会很尴尬
So she's agreed to operate
所以 她同意装作像上个谎话
As if the original lie is still in force.
还没被拆穿一样 装作什么都不知道
So she's expecting me to lie about going
所以她以为我是撒谎
To a symposium in pasadena,
说去帕萨迪纳市开研讨会
When, in actuality, we're pretending
而实际上 我们假装正要去
To go to a drug intervention in long beach.
长滩参加你弟弟的戒毒调停会
Un-unravelable.
非不可解释
Oh, hey, penny.
潘妮
Wow, look at you, all ready for your showcase.
你看看你 都整装待发准备好演出了
You look great. thanks.
-你看上去真漂亮 -谢谢
I just wanted to come by and wish you guys luck
我只是想过来看看并且祝你们好运
With your... symposium.
关于你们的...研讨会
Well, thank you.
谢谢你
You know, I got to tell you, a lot of friends
我必须要跟你说 很多人都会
Would let their friend go alone,
让他们的朋友孤零零一个人
But that's not who you are.
但你不是这样的人
You are the kind of guy who stands by a friend
你是那种总陪在朋友身边的人
When... when he has a symposium to go to.
即使当他有个...研讨会要去参加
I don't know what to say.
我不知道怎么说
It's okay, leonard.
没事的 里奥纳德
Oh, okay, all right, good.
哦 好的 不错
Oh, boy, group hug. uh-uh.
伙计 大家一起来抱抱
Okay.
好吧
So, what's up?
怎么了?
Well, penny is on her way to perform
潘妮正要去一个
In a one-night showcase production of rent,
出租用品展示会进行表演
Which we are unable to attend, because we're going
而我们不能去了 因为我们要去参加
To a symposium on molecular positronium
由伊米尔·法尔曼法尔米安博士主讲的
Given by dr. emil farmanfarmian.
关于分子正负的研讨会
Wait a minute-- farmanfarmian is speaking
等等 法尔曼法尔米安要来
And you're bogarting the symposium?
而你们竟然霸占这个研讨会?
Howard, I'm sorr... we-we...
霍华德 对不...我们...
No, no, you're quark-blocking us.
不 不 你们保密到连夸克都透不过
I don't know what to say.
我不知道怎么说
Howard, listen... no, it's okay.
-霍华德 听着... -不 没关系
It's your millennium falcon.
那是你的命根子
You and chewbacca do whatever you want to do.
你可以跟楚巴卡(体型高大、身披毛发的战士)得到任何你们想要的
Me and princess leia here
我跟莱娅公主(星战人物)
Will find some other way to spend the evening.
会找点别的事来度过今晚
Howard, wait. wai...
霍华德 等等
Sheldon, I think we should tell them.
谢尔顿 我觉得我们得告诉他们
Okay, sure.
好吧 当然可以
I don't see a problem with that.
我觉得没有任何问题
There's no symposium.
根本就没有什么研讨会
Leonard lied to me. isn't that right, leonard?
里奥纳德跟我撒了谎 是不是 里奥纳德?
I don't know what to say!
我不知道怎么说
It's okay; I do.
没关系 我来说
Look, leonard is helping sheldon through a family crisis.
里奥纳德其实在帮谢尔顿解决家庭危机
He made up the whole story about the symposium
他编了整个什么研讨会的故事
With dr. farman... farmian...
什么法尔曼...法尔米安...博士
Good for you.
你真强
...because he didn't want sheldon to be embarrassed.
因为他不想让谢尔顿尴尬
And there is nothing to be embarrassed about, okay?
其实这根本没什么可尴尬的 知道吗
Every family in america has a relative
在美国谁家都会有个亲戚
Holed up in a garage somewhere huffing paint thinner.
干点不大光彩的事情
No, I'm lost, too.
不 我也糊涂了
I think she skipped a step.
我觉得她跳过了一步
No, look.
不是 你们听我说
Sheldon's cousin leo escaped rehab,
谢尔顿的表弟里奥逃离了戒毒所
And he's in a motel 8 in long beach.
他现在躲在长滩的一家汽车旅馆
The whole family's going out for an intervention.
他们全家出动参加调停会
Leonard is driving sheldon down there
里奥纳德要开车送谢尔顿去
To help him through this, because he's such a good man.
帮他表弟渡过难关 因为他真的是个好人哦
Oh, another hug? thank you.
又抱我一次? 谢谢
All right, you guys, good luck.
好了 朋友们 祝你们好运
Thanks, penny.
谢谢 潘妮
Oh-- break a leg.
祝你演出成功
Break a leg.
演出成功
So, road trip to long beach.
开车去长滩
No. we're not going to long beach.
不 我们不去长滩
Why not?
为什么
Because sheldon doesn't have
因为谢尔顿根本就没有一个
A drug-addicted cousin leopold.
吸毒的叫里奥珀德的表弟
Oh, too bad.
太遗憾了
I've always wanted to go to long beach.
我一直都想去长滩
It's a very nice community.
的确是个不错的地方
The queen mary is docked there.
玛丽女王号就停靠在那里
Once the largest ocean liner in the world,
它曾是世上最大的远洋客轮
It's now a hotel and restaurant,
现在成了一家酒店和餐厅
Where they host a surprisingly gripping
为顾客提供极其扣人心弦的
Murder mystery dinner.
离奇谋杀主题晚宴
Sounds fun. I'm game.
听起来挺有趣 我要去
Shotgun!
出发!
No, no, no.
别 别 别
Leonard gets nauseous unless he sits in front,
里奥纳德要坐前排 否则他会恶心呕吐
And even then, it's iffy.
不过即便这样 也很难保证
Wait, are we... really going to long beach?!
等等 我们...真要去长滩啊?!
Leonard?
里奥纳德
Leonard? leonard?
里奥纳德 里奥纳德
Let it go, sheldon.
别再想了 谢尔顿
The murderer was the first mate
不管你觉得说不说得通
Whether it makes sense to you or not.
谋杀犯就是第一个同事
No, that's the least of our worries.
不是 我才不关心那个呢
I've been doing some research on addiction--
我一直在做一些关于吸毒方面的研究...
Both the biochemical and behavioral aspects--
既有生物化学方面的也有行为方面的...
And I think there's a problem
我觉得我们现在这个
With the current version of our lie.
版本的谎话有个问题
What are you talking about?
你说什么呢
It's fine-- she bought it; it's over.
无所谓了 她相信了 都结束了
Sadly, it's not.
可惜的是 并没有
Substance abuse is a lifelong struggle,
对抗毒品不是一朝一夕的事
But beyond that, I have realized that the leo I described
抛开这点 我意识到我所描述的这个里奥
Would not have agreed to go to rehab.
根本就不会同意到戒毒所接受治疗
Why not?
为什么
Because leo's a middle child.
因为里奥是中间儿(美国有"中间儿综合症"这一说法)
There is no leo!
根本就没里奥这个人!
How can you say that?
你怎么就能说这些?
You didn't read the bio, did you?
你没读过他的简历 是吗
He's not just a middle child,
他不仅是个中间儿
He is the quintessential middle child--
他更是个典型的中间儿...
From a broken home, to boot.
附:他出自破碎家庭
Psychologically speaking, the attention he gets by rebelling,
从心理学上讲 即使会导致自我毁灭
Even to the point of self-destruction,
对他来说 通过反抗所获得的关注度
Is more emotionally valuable than the help he would get at rehab.
在情感上的价值要远远超过康复治疗所带来的效果
I've got a solution.
我倒有个主意
Great. what is it?
太好了 什么
Get out!
出 去!
Fine.
好吧
I've hesitated to point this out,
我一直犹豫要不要说
But I must now remind you that we
但我必须提醒你的是
Are in our current predicament because of your initial
我们目前的窘境完全是因为你先前
And totally inadequate deceit.
理由相当不充分的欺骗行为造成的
I'm just trying to clean up after your mess.
我只是想替你收拾残局而已
We'll talk in the morning.
我们明早再说
Morning.
Who are you?
你是谁
I am sheldon's cousin leo.
我是谢尔顿的表弟里奥
Sheldon does not have a cousin leo.
谢尔顿根本没有一个叫里奥的表弟
Au contraire.
恰恰相反
I'm 26 years old.
我今年26岁
I'm originally from... denton, texas,
我的祖籍是...德克萨斯州的登顿市
But I was a navy brat, so I was
但我是个海军顽童 所以我从小
Brought up on a variety of military bases around the world.
是在世界各地的军事基地长大的
As a result, I've often felt like an outsider--
因此 我总感觉跟群体格格不入...
Never really fitting in,
从没真正融入过
Which is probably the reason for my substance abuse problem.
这也很可能是我滥用毒品的原因
Excuse me, we just went over this.
打扰一下 我们刚才还练习过一遍
As the quintessential middle child, your addiction
作为一个典型的中间儿 你的赌瘾
Is rooted in your unmet need for attention.
根植于你未被满足的对关注度的需求当中
Oh, sheldon, are we really going to go with pop psychology?
谢尔顿 我们不是真的要用通俗心理学吧?
For your information, this is all based on solid research.
请注意 这些都是以有力的研究为根据的
Just stick with the character profile I wrote for you.
完全依照我写给你的性格档案就行了
Sheldon? I'm sorry.
-谢尔顿? -不好意思
Leonard, this is toby loobenfeld.
里奥纳德 这位是托比·鲁本菲尔德
He's a research assistant
他是粒子物理实验室的
In the particle physics lab,
一名研究助理
But he also minored in theater at mit.
不过他同时在麻省理工辅修戏剧
It was more of a double major, actually.
事实上 说双学位更准确些
Theater and physics.
戏剧和物理
You can guess which one my bourgeois parents
可以猜一下哪门是我中产阶级的父母
Pushed me toward.
逼我学的
Yeah, I got it.
行了 我知道了
Sheldon... why?
谢尔顿...你这是为什么
You see, while leo would not have gone into rehab,
你想啊 鉴于里奥不会去接受康复治疗
It is completely plauible that we would have talked him
那我们把他从汽车旅馆劝回家
Into leaving the motel and coming home with us.
就是完全可以解释通的了
Oh... sheldon, how about this
谢尔顿 这样设计
As my motivation-- when I was 14 years old,
我的动机如何...我14岁那年
I was abused in the philippines by a clubfooted navy chaplain.
在菲律宾被一个先天脚畸形的海军教士虐待
No. we're going with middle child
不行 就设计成一个中间儿
And a genetic predisposition to inadequate serotonin production.
具有血液中复合胺含量不足的遗传体质倾向
Swell. how do I play genetic predisposition?
亏你想得出来 遗传体质你要我怎么扮?
Subtextually, of course.
当然是如字面意思所示
Just have fun with it.
尽情享受就好了
Morning, penny.
早 潘妮
Hi. how did the intervention go?
家庭会议开得怎么样?
Unfortunately, we weren't able to convince him to go to rehab.
很不幸 我们没能说服他去戒毒所接受治疗
Oh. well, based on what you told me, I am not surprised.
基于你昨天跟我说的那些 我一点都不惊讶
But we did convince him to leave the motel.
但我们说服他搬出汽车旅馆了
Come say hello.
进来认识一下
Leo. this is penny,
里奥 这位是潘妮
Our friend and neighbor.
我们的朋友和邻居
Hi, leo.
你好 里奥
How are you feeling?
你现在感觉如何
Let me ask you something, penny.
潘妮 问你个问题
Have you ever woken up in a fleabag motel
你有过吐得浑身都是 然后一觉醒来
Covered in your own vomit,
发现自己身在一个破烂的汽车旅馆
Next to a transsexual prostitute?
身边还躺着个人妖妓女的经历吗
No.
没有
Then don't ask me how I'm feeling.
那就别问我感觉如何
Well, that's leo.
这位就是里奥
Why don't you tell me about your showcase last night.
跟我说说你昨晚的演出吧
Oh. it was okay, I guess.
还好啦 我觉得
It wasn't a big turnout,
场面不算太热烈
But they both really seemed to like it.
但他俩好像都很喜欢我的表演
There were only two people there?
就俩人?
By the end, yeah.
坚持到最后的 是的
Damn you, chaplain harrigan!
你个该死的哈里根教士!
I'm... I'm sorry?
你...你说什么
The philippines.
那是在菲律宾的时候
1992.
1992年
The subic bay naval station.
在苏比克湾海军基地(美国位于菲律宾吕宋岛的海军维修基地)
A young boy on the cusp of manhood.
一个年轻的男孩即将步入成年
His only companions,
他的同伴只剩下
Mongrel dogs and malarial mosquitoes.
杂种狗和疟疾蚊子
Desperate and alone,
绝望交织着孤独
He reached out to a man who promised to introduce him
他遇见这个许诺将他引荐给
To a merciful, loving god,
仁爱上帝的男人
But who instead introduced him
但恰恰相反 却将他引荐给了
To a gin-pickled tongue shoved down his adolescent throat.
一个大醉松子酒 舌头卷进喉咙的小青年
What choice did he have but to drink,
除了用酗酒 吸毒
Shoot and snort his pain away?
来宣泄痛苦 他还有什么选择呢?
Don't forget his genetic predisposition towards addiction.
别忘了是他的遗传体质引发的吸毒成瘾
That's never been proven. there have been studies.
-那从未被证实 -有过很多研究
Not double-blind studies.
但不是双盲试验啊
How could there be a double-blind study?
怎么可能实施双盲试验?
Who would be the control group?
谁来做对照组?
As you can see, detoxing can get pretty ugly.
正如你看到的 戒毒是件很丑陋的事情
Let's give them some privacy.
我们给他们点空间
Yeah.
Hey, do you want to come over to my place, have coffee?
想来我家坐坐 喝杯咖啡吗
Oh, sounds good.
不错啊
I have a video of me singing last night.
我有我昨晚唱歌的录像
Do you want to see it?
想看吗
Gee, why wouldn't i?
为什么不呢?
This is even better than you coming to the showcase,
这比你亲自去看演出都要精彩
Because now I get to watch you watch me.
因为我要看着你看着我唱歌
Yeah...
是啊...
Funny how things work out.
事情的进展真搞笑
...but he loved the companionship
...可是他喜欢那些同伴
And the wisdom that his own father failed to provide.
还有他的父亲无法给予他的智慧
Your parents made the right decision.
你父母做了正确的决定
I cannot work like this.
我没法这样工作
This is amazing.
这种感觉太棒了
Just sitting on a couch watching tv with a woman.
坐在沙发上跟一个女人一起看电视
Not being drunk or, or high
不酗酒 不磕药
Or wondering if you're a dude down there.
也不用担心你是个人妖
Leo, you are a very sweet, really funny guy.
里奥 你真的是个很可爱也很有趣的男生
You're going to do okay.
你一定会没事的
One day at a time, penny.
潘妮 每天都能有这么一次就够了
One day at a time.
每天都能有这么一次就够了
How long is he going to stay here?
他还要在这待多久?
He's a homeless drug addict, leonard.
里奥纳德 他是个无家可归的吸毒者
Where is he going to go?
他能去哪?
Boy, you have a lot to learn about lying.
天啊 你真得好好学学怎么撒谎了