生活大爆炸 第一季 The Big Bang Theory Season 1 第12集: 天才对手(The Jerusalem Duality)

上映日期: 2,007

语言: 英语 / 意大利语

影片类型: 喜剧

导演: 詹姆斯·伯罗斯

演员: 吉姆·帕森斯 / 约翰尼·盖尔克奇 / 凯莉·库柯 / 西蒙·赫尔伯格 / 昆瑙·内亚 / 莎拉·吉尔伯特 / DJ·考尔斯 / 考特尼·海根勒 / 莎拉尤·拉奧 / 布鲁克·朵赛 / 布瑞恩韦德 /


台词
Here's the problem with teleportation.
关于瞬间转移有一个问题
Lay it on me.
折磨我吧
Assuming a device could be invented
假设我们可以发明一个设备
Which would identify the quantum state of matter
它能在某一地点
Of an individual in one location
确定某一个体的量子结构
And transmit that pattern to a distant location for reassembly,
并把其图像传送到另一地点再重新拼接到一起
You would not have actually transported the individual.
你便用不着传送这个个体
You would have destroyed him in one location
你就能在某一地点摧毁他
And recreated him in another.
然后在另一地点重造他
How about that.
真神奇啊
Personally, I would never use a transporter,
就我个人来说 我永远都不会用传送器
Because the original sheldon would have to be
因为原本的谢尔顿
Disintegrated in order to create a new sheldon.
一定要被分解才能创造一个新的谢尔顿
Would the new sheldon be in any way
新的谢尔顿在任一方面
An improvement on the old sheldon?
会比旧的谢尔顿好吗
No, he would be exactly the same.
不会 还是一模一样的
That is a problem.
这就是个问题
So you see it too.
你也看出问题来了吧
Dr. hofstadter.
霍夫斯塔德博士
Dr. cooper.
库珀博士
Dr. gablehauser. dr. gablehauser.
盖博豪瑟博士
Gentlemen, I'd like you to meet dennis kim.
先生们 允许我向你们介绍丹尼斯·金
Dennis is a highly sought-after doctoral candidate,
丹尼斯可是非常吃香的准博士
And we're hopingto have him do his graduate work here.
我们希望他能在这里完成他的研究生论文
Graduate work. very impressive.
研究生论文 非常不错啊
And he's only 15 years old.
而他只有15岁而已
Not bad-- i, myself, started graduate school at 14.
不错嘛 我14岁就开始我的研究生学业
Well, I lost a year while my family
我浪费了一年 因为我和家人
Was tunneling out of north korea.
从地道逃出朝鲜花了一年时间
Advantage Kim.
金发球占先(网球术语)
I thought maybe you boys
我想你们能
Could show dennis around.
带丹尼斯到处转转
Let him see why we're
让他看看为什么这里会是
The best physics research facility in the country.
全国最好的物理研究所
I already know you're not.
我已经知道你们不是了
You don't have an open science grid computer
你们没有OSG联盟的计算机
Or a free electron laser, and the string theory research
或是自由电子激光器 并且这里的
Being done here is nothing but a dead end.
弦理论研究也已经是强弩之末
Excuse me, that is my research,
不好意思 那正是我的研究项目
And it is by no means a dead end.
从任何角度来说都还不是强弩之末
Well, obviously you don't see it yet,
很明显你现在还没发现
But trust me, you will.
不过相信我 有一天你会的
Dennis, we've discussed this.
丹尼斯 我们已经讨论过这些了
We're in the process of updating our equipment,
我们正在更新我们的设备
And we welcome your input on our research goals,
我们欢迎你加入我们一起研究
And we've agreed to look the other way if you want
并且我们已经同意说即使你想
To use up to 20% of the grant money you attract
花20%你吸引来的助学金
To smuggle your grandfather out of pyongyang.
把你的爷爷从平壤偷渡过来
We want him here, boys.
我们要留下他 孩子们
Make it happen.
看你们了
Yes, sir.
是的 先生
You can count on us.
你尽管放心
We're on it.
看我们的
What the hell do you mean, "dead end"?
你说"强弩之末"到底是什么意思?
I mean, the whole landscape of false vacuums
我的意思是 虚真空上的全部地表
In string theory could be as large as ten
在弦理论里相当于
To the five hundredth power.
其10到500次幂的大小
In addition-- ooh, look, chocolate milk.
再说 看 巧克力奶
I sense a disturbance in the force.
我有了不祥的预感
A bad feeling I have about this.
我感到很不妙啊
So, dennis, how long have you been in america?
丹尼斯 你来美国多长时间了?
A year and a half.
一年半了
No kidding.
真的啊
You speak english really well.
你英文说得很好啊
So do you.
你也是
Except for your tendency to end
就是你好像老喜欢
Sentences with prepositions.
把介词放在句尾
What are you talking about?
你说什么在?
That.
例如这句
He's not wrong.
他没说错
All right...
好吧
And this is my office.
这就是我的办公室
Is this part of the tour?
这是参观的一部分吗
Nope. good-bye.
不是 再见
Come on, sheldon, we've hardly shown him anything.
别这样 谢尔顿 我们还没带他看过什么地方呢
All right.
好吧
This is my desk.
这是我的书桌
These are my books; this is my door.
这些是我的书 这是我的门
Please close it behind you. good-bye.
出去请随手关门 再见
Looks like you're doing work
看来你在做关于
In quantum loop corrections.
量子循环的修正
Keen observation.
观察力很敏锐
Good-bye.
再见
You see where you went wrong, don't you?
你知道你是哪儿错了 是吧
Leonard?
里奥纳德
Yeah?
什么
Get him out.
带他出去
Come on, dennis.
走吧 丹尼斯
I'll show you the recreation center.
我带你去娱乐室
They've got nautilus equipment.
那里有些健身器材
Do I look like I lift weights?
你看我像练举重的人吗
Not heavy ones.
举不了很重吧
It's startling to me you haven't considered
令我吃惊的是你竟然没考虑
A lorentz invariant or field theory approach.
洛伦兹不变量和场论步骤
You think I haven't considered it?
你认为我没考虑吗
You really think I haven't considered it?
你真的认为我没考虑过吗
Have you considered it?
你考虑到了吗
Get him out, leonard.
带他出去 里奥纳德
Come on, dennis.
走吧 丹尼斯
I'll show you the radiation lab.
我带你参观辐射研究室
Wow, you won the stevenson award?
哇 你赢了史蒂文森奖?
Yes.
是的
In fact, I am the youngest person ever to win it.
事实上 我是历史上年纪最小的获奖人
Really? how old?
真的吗 几岁?
Fourteen and a half.
14岁半
Hm, you were the youngest person ever to win it.
那你"曾是"历史上年纪最小的获奖人
It's like looking into an obnoxious
是不是感觉像看着一面
Little mirror, isn't it?
另人讨厌的镜子?
This is really delicious, isn't it?
这个真的很好吃吧
Still can't talk to me unless you're drunk, huh?
仍旧只有醉了的时候才能跟我说话 是吧
Oh, sweetie, you are so damaged.
亲爱的 你被伤害得太深了
Hey, I'm damaged, too.
我也被伤害了
How about a hug for howie?
给霍华德一个拥抱怎样?
Sure. raj, hug howard.
当然可以 拉杰 抱抱霍华德
Something you'd like to share?
有什么事要和大家分享吗
A tale of woe, perhaps?
可能是 一个悲情故事?
Fifteen years old.
15岁
Dennis Kim's 15 years old, and he's already correcting my work.
丹尼斯·金才15岁就已经能纠正我的研究成果了
Today, I went from being wolfgang amadeus mozart, to...
今天 我从沃尔夫冈·阿玛多伊斯·莫扎特变成了...
You know, that other guy.
你知道 另一个人
Antonio salieri?
安东尼奥·萨利埃雷?(想除掉莫扎特的人)
Oh god, now even you're smarter than me.
天呐 现在就连你也比我聪明了
You know, sheldon, you don't have
谢尔顿 你要知道
So many friends that you can afford
你并没有那么多朋友
To start insulting them.
可以留给你来侮辱
Just eat, sheldon, you'll feel better.
吃饭吧 谢尔顿 你会感觉好点的
Why waste food?
还浪费食物干吗
In texas, when a cow goes dry,
在德州 如果一只奶牛没奶了
They don't keep feeding it, they just take her out
他们就不继续喂它了 他们会把它带出去
And shoot her between the eyes.
对准脑门来一枪
I'm confused.
我糊涂了
Did sheldon stop giving milk?
谢尔顿没奶了?
You can't let this kid get to you.
你不能被这么个小孩给惹毛啊
You always knew that someday someone would come along
你一直都知道有一天会出现个人
Who was younger and smarter.
既比你年轻又比你聪明
Yes, but I assumed I would've been dead
没错 但我设想的是在我死了
Hundreds of years and that there'd be
几百年后 并且他的名字旁边
An asterisk by his name because he'd be a cyborg.
会有个星号 因为他是个半机械人
So you've got a little competition.
这么说你现在有了个小小的竞争对手
I really don't see what the big deal is.
我真不明白这有什么严重的
Well, of course you don't.
你当然不明白
You've never excelled at anything.
你从来没有成为顶尖过
I don't understand-- exactly how
我不明白 最开始
Did he get any friends in the first place?
他怎么会交到任何朋友的?
We liked leonard.
因为我们喜欢里奥纳德
Well, what are you gonna do, sheldon, just give up?
你现在想怎么样 谢尔顿 放弃吗
Yes.
是的
It's what a rational person does
当他花了一辈子所完成的成果
When his entire life's work is invalidated
被一个刚过青春期的亚洲神童否决时
By a postpubescent asian wunderkind.
任何理性的人都会这么做
He ceases his fruitless efforts,
他停止他徒劳的努力
He donates his body to scientific research,
他捐献他的身体给科学研究
And he waits to die.
现在他等待死亡
You know, I'm confused again.
我现在又糊涂了
Is he waiting, or do we get
是他要等死呢 还是我们可以
To shoot him between the eyes?
对准他脑门来一枪?
I've decided you're right.
我决定了 你说的对
My career is not over.
我的事业还没有完结
Great!
好极了!
But since the arrival of dennis kim
但既然丹尼斯·金
Has rendered my research pointless,
已经诠释了我的研究是徒劳的
I just have to find something else to focus on.
那我需要找些别的东西来研究
Great!
好极了!
So I've decided I'm going to collaborate with you.
所以我决定我要跟你合作
Great.
"好极了"
So what exactly is it you do?
你现在具体在做什么?
I know you chatter on about it all the time,
我知道你常常说起
But I've never really paid attention.
但我从没怎么注意听
Okay, well, right now I'm designing an experiment
好 现在我在设计一个实验
To study the soft component of cosmic radiation
来研究海平面上宇宙辐射的软性分立
At sea level, but I really don't need any help.
但是我真的不需要任何帮助
Oh, sure you do.
你肯定需要
Now, see, what's this here in the schematic?
看原理图 这个东西是什么?
Is that a laser array?
那个是激光阵列吗
Yes. now, hm...
是的
What happens if you use argon lasers
如果你用氩激光器而不是氦氖
Instead of helium-neon?
会怎么样?
It would blow up.
那样就会爆炸
Are you sure? pretty sure.
你肯定吗 比较肯定
"pretty sure" is not very scientific.
"比较肯定"可不是很科学
Is this how you normally work?
你平常都这样吗?
Just hunches and guesses and stuff?
只是预感和猜测结果?
Okay, sheldon, I understand that you're
好了 谢尔顿 我理解你现在
Going through a bit of a career crisis,
正经历着事业上的小小危机
You're searching for some other area
你在寻找一些其他的领域
Where you can feel valuable and productive,
让你可以感觉自己有价值并有建设性
But I need to tell you something,
但是我需要告诉你一些事
And I want you to listen carefully.
你希望你仔细听清楚
All right.
好吧
Go away.
走开
If you're concerned about sharing credit with me,
如果你担心会和我共享这荣誉的话
Your name can go first-- I'm going.
你的名字可以放在前面...我走
It's a small, brown paper bag, ma!
是个小的 褐色的袋子 妈!
I'm looking in it right now.
我现在正瞅着呢
Why would I make that up?
我骗你干嘛?
There's no ding dong in it.
里面根本就没有巧克力点心
How are two ding dongs tomorrow gonna help me today?
明天给我两份点心有什么用 我今天又吃不到
So...
那么...
This is engineering, huh?
这就是工程是吧
I'll talk to you later.
我一会再跟您说
Engineering.
工程
Where the noble semiskilled laborers
由这些杰出的半职业的工人
Execute the vision of those who think and dream.
来完成那些思考和梦想者的设想
Hello, oompah loompahs of science.
好啊 科学小矮人
Sheldon, what are you doing here?
谢尔顿 你来这里做什么
I just came by to say hello.
我就过来打声招呼
I've been in this lab for three years.
我在这个研究室工作了3年
You've never come by to say hello.
你从来没到这里来打过招呼
Well, up until now, I've had better things to do.
因为在此之前 我有更重要的事要做
So, what are we making today?
我们今天要做什么?
A small payload support structure
一个小的支撑有效载荷结构
For a european science experimental package
提供给欧洲的科学实验方案
That's going up on the next space shuttle.
这个会装在下一艘太空船里
Really? how does it work?
真的? 这东西怎么工作?
When this is done, it will be attached
当完成之后 这个将会放在
To the payload bay, and the sensor apparatus
有效载重舱上 还有传感器
Will rest on it.
也会被装上
So it's a shelf.
就是个架子
No, you don't understand-- during acceleration,
不是 你不明白 在加速过程中
It needs to stay perfectly level and provide...
它需要保持完全的水平并且提供...
Yeah, okay, it's a shelf.
好吧 它就是个架子
Now, I notice you're using titanium.
我注意到了你用的是钛
Did you give any consideration to carbon nanotubes?
你有否考虑过用碳纳米管?
They're lighter, cheaper, and have twice the tensile strength.
它们更轻 更便宜 并且具有两倍的抗张强度
Sheldon,
谢尔顿
There's a diploma in my office
我办公室里有这么张证书
That says I have a master's in engineering.
上面写着我获得了工程硕士学位
And you also have a note from your mother
并且这里还有张你妈妈给你写的字条
That says, "i love you, bubula."
上面写着 "我爱你 小水泡"
But neither of those is a cogent argument
但是哪个都不是能证明
For titanium over nanotubes.
钛比纳米管好的有力论点
Sheldon? yes?
-谢尔顿 -干吗
Go away!
走开!
Did leonard tell you to say that?
里奥纳德叫你这么说的吗
No, I thought of it all by myself.
不是 我自己想出来的
That can't be a coincidence.
不能这么巧吧
There must be some causal link I'm missing.
这里肯定有些因果的联系我没想到
Go away!
走开!
Curiouser and curiouser.
真是奇怪 真是奇怪
Is he here?
他在这吗
If he were, I wouldn't be.
如果他在 我就不会在了
Do you know what he did?
你知道他干了什么吗
He watched me work for ten minutes,
他看着我做了10分钟
And then started to design a simple piece
然后开始设计一个可以
Of software that could replace me.
取代我的简易软件
Is that even possible?
这有可能吗
As it turns out, yes.
他确实做到了
Something's got to be done about him, leonard.
里奥纳德 我们需要干点什么了
Like what?
什么呢?
He'll never be able to cope with the fact
他永远都不可能接受
That some 15-year-old kid is smarter
一个15岁的小孩比他更聪明
And more accomplished than he is.
比他更有成就
Well, what if something were to happen to this boy
如果这个小孩发生了什么意外
So he was no longer a threat to sheldon?
然后再也不会对谢尔顿造成威胁呢
Then our problem would be solved.
那我们的问题就解决了
Hang on, are we talking about murdering dennis kim?
等等 你们是在讨论谋杀丹尼斯·金吗
I'm not saying no.
我不是说不行
We don't have to go that far.
我们不必做这么绝
There are other means available.
还是有其他办法的
We can't send him back to north korea.
我们不能遣送他回朝鲜
He knows how to get out.
他知道怎么逃出来
The only thing we need to do
我们唯一要做的是
Is make this kim kid lose his focus.
让这个小孩的关注点发生偏移
Won't happen.
不可能
He is not interested in anything but physics.
他除了物理以外什么都没有兴趣
What about biology?
生物怎么样?
What? you know, biology.
什么? 你知道 性(双关语)
The one thing that can completely derail
只有这件事可以完全让顶级头脑
A world-class mind.
偏离轨道
Howard, he's 15.
霍华德 他才15岁
Yeah, so?
是的 怎么了
When I was 15, I met denise palmeri
我15岁的时候 遇见了迪妮斯·帕尔玛莉
And my grade point average fell from a 5.0 to a 1.8.
然后年级平均成绩从5.0降到了1.8
She was sleeping with you?
她跟你上床了?
No, I just wasted a lot of time
没有 我就是浪费了很多时间
Thinking about what it would be like if she did.
想象如果她跟我上床了会是什么样
Oh, good, you're all here.
太好了 你们都在
Look, I've decided that if the three of you
听着 我决定了 如果你们三个
Drop whatever it is you're working on and join me,
放弃手头的工作 跟我合作
We could lick cold fusion in less than a decade.
我们可以在10年内征服冷聚变
12 years, tops.
绝对不用12年
Go away?
走开?
Could it be me?
是在说我吗?
Oh, hey guys, what's up?
好 各位 怎么啦
We need a hot 15-year-old asian girl
我们需要一个15岁的亚洲辣妹
With a thing for smart guys.
喜欢天才男人的
What?
什么?
Howard, that's racist.
霍华德 那是种族歧视
Any 15-year-old girl will do the trick.
任何15岁的女孩都可以
It's possible she may have misunderstood us.
可能她误解了我们
Dr. cooper.
库珀博士
Oh, are we interrupting?
我们打扰你了吗
No, no. please come in.
不不 请进
Yeah, I think you'll appreciate this.
你看了这个会喜出望外的
This is very exciting.
非常令人振奋
Oh, what are you working on?
你在研究什么
Something remarkable.
很不寻常的东西
Since my prospects for the nobel prize in physics
考虑到我在物理领域赢得诺贝尔奖的愿景
Have disappeared--
已经不复存在
Thank you very much-- I've decided
非常感谢你 我已经决定
To refocus my efforts and use my people skills
重新定位我的方向 运用我的社交能力
To win the nobel peace prize.
去赢得诺贝尔和平奖
Look.
看着
I'm going to solve the middle east crisis
我会在墨西哥沙漠的中心
By building an exact replica of jerusalem
建造另一个一模一样的耶路撒冷
In the middle of the mexican desert.
来解决中东危机
To what end?
怎么解决?
You know, it's like the baseball movie.
你知道 就像拍棒球类的电影一样
"build it and they will come."
"只要拍 大家就都会来"
Who will come?
谁会来?
The jewish people.
犹太人
What if they don't come?
如果他们不来怎么办?
We'll make it nice, put out a spread.
那我们就热情些 摆一个宴会
Okay, well, um...
好吧
Speaking of spreads,
说到宴会
We're having a small welcoming party
今天下午我们将为金先生准备
This afternoon for mr. kim who's agreed
一个小小欢迎会
To join us here at the university.
他已经答应进入我们大学
Of course he has.
他当然答应了
The oracle told us
神使告诉我们
Little neo was the one.
小尼奥就是这个人
You can see the matrix, can't you?
你可以看见矩阵 是吧?
Okay, well, obviously you're very busy
好了 很明显你现在正忙
With your, uh, um...
你的...
Come, dennis.
走吧 丹尼斯
You'll have to excuse dr. cooper.
你得原谅库珀博士
He's been under a lot of, um...
他最近经历了很多...
He's nuts.
他是个疯子
I really don't understand
我真的不明白你
Your objections, professor goldfarb.
反对的理由 歌德法布教授
Why wouldn't the sonora desert
为什么索诺拉沙漠
Make a perfectly good promised land?
不会是一个完美的乐土呢
Go away.
走开
We could call it nuevo jerusalem.
我们可以叫它"新耶路撒冷"
Please go away.
请走开
Said pharaoh to moses.
法老对摩西说
Why are all these young women here?
这怎么那么多小姑娘?
It's take your daughter to work day.
今天是"带你女儿来工作"日
Really?
真的?
I was not aware of that.
我不知道嘛
Oh, yes. there was a very official e-mail
是的 有一份非常正式的电子邮件
That was sent to everyone
发到了每一位
Whose insurance files indicated
保险档案上显示
They had daughters between the ages of 14 and 16.
自己有个14到16周岁女儿的人手上
Smooth. thank you.
-漂亮 -谢谢
There's the man of the hour.
我们的男主角来了
Okay, so we now have a socially-awkward genius
好了 我们现在让这个不擅交际的小天才
In a room full of attractive, age-appropriate women.
深陷于一屋子年龄相当且令人销魂的女孩群中了
All he has to do now is hook up with one of them.
他要做的就是泡上她们其中的一个
Anyone else see the flaw in this plan?
你们发现这个计划的瑕疵没?
We need a social catalyst.
我们需要社交方面的催化剂
Like what?
比如?
We can't get 15-year-old girls drunk.
我们可不能把15岁的女孩弄醉
Or can we?
我们能啊
No, we can't.
不 我们不能
I don't think you mean "we can't."
我想你不是说"我们不能"
I think you mean "we shouldn't."
而是说"我们不应该"
Hey, howard, you're a jew.
霍华德 你是个犹太人
If there was another wailing wall
如果有另外一面哭墙
Exactly like the one in jerusalem
和在耶路撒冷的一模一样
But close to taco stands and cheap prescription drugs,
不过比较靠近炸玉米卷摊和卖便宜处方药的药店
Would you still be able to wail at it?
你还会对着那面墙哀哭吗
Okay, it's definitely me.
好吧 又是我没事找事
Okay, we cannot leave this to chance.
我们不能等着老天来决定了
Let's pick a girl and figure out
咱们来挑个女孩
How to get her together with dennis.
然后琢磨下怎么让她和丹尼斯搞到一起
Okay, how about that one?
对 那个怎么样?
Uh-uh. I know the type.
我对这一类的太了解了
Cheerleader, student council, goes out with the jocks,
拉拉队长 学生会干事 总是跟运动员约会
Won't even look at anybody in the gifted program.
甚至看都不会看那些天才班里的人
And if, after two years of begging,
之后如果 你苦苦哀求她两年
She does agree to go out with you,
她终于愿意跟你约会
It turns out to be a setup and you're in the backseat
结果却也是一个事先设计好的骗局
Of your mom's car with your pants off
你光着屁股坐在你妈汽车的后座上时
While the whole football team laughs at y...
会有整个橄榄球队队员过来嘲笑你的...
Are you crying?
你在哭吗
No, I have allergies.
没有 有点过敏罢了
Okay, um, oh, hey, how about her?
好吧 那这个怎么样?
Sure, if he wants to spend a couple years
可以 如果他想帮她写个几年作业
Doing her homework while she drinks herself
而那些时候她通常已经用白俄罗斯人(一种鸡尾酒)
Into a stupor with nonfat white russians.
把自己灌得不省人事了
And you're the one holding her head
而你还得扶着她的头从厕所出来
Out of the toilet while she's puking
她会一边吐一边告诉你说
And telling you she wishes "more guys were like you."
真希望"男的都像你这样"
And then she gets into cornell because you wrote her essay
然后她会拿着你帮她写的论文顺利地进入康奈尔大学
For her and you drive up to visit her one weekend
当你某个周末开车去找她的时候
And she acts like she doesn't even know you.
她却会装出一副好像从来都不认识你的样子
Okay, so not her, either.
算了 这个也不行
Oh, hey, how about her?
那个怎么样?
Oh, interesting, kind of pretty,
有点意思 长得不错
A little chubby, so probably low self-esteem.
有点胖乎乎 因此很可能不那么孤傲
I think that's our girl.
我看就是她了
One of us should go talk to her.
咱们谁过去跟她搭话
I can't talk to her-- you do it.
我不可能跟她搭话 你去吧
I can't just go up and talk to her.
我怎么可能就这么过去跟她搭话
Howard, you talk to her.
霍华德 你去吧
I don't know, she'll never go for the kid
不好说 一旦让她瞄到我的话
Once she gets a peek at this.
她肯定不会去找那小孩了
You know, if we were in india, this would be simpler.
知道吗 如果在印度 这就简单多了
Five minutes with her dad, 20 goats and a laptop,
跟她父亲谈五分钟 20头山羊 一台笔记本电脑
And we'd be done.
一切搞定
Well, we're not in india.
可我们不在印度啊
All right, why don't we do it your way then?
好啊 那我们看看你要怎么办
We'll arrange for this girl
我们安排这个女孩搬到
To move in across the hall from dennis
与丹尼斯只有一走廊之隔的地方
So he can pathetically moon over her for months on end.
让他可以像哈巴狗一样几个月不停地为她倾倒
Okay, that was uncalled for.
好 那确实没有道理
You started it, dude.
是你先开始的 哥们
Could I have everyone's attention, please?
请大家听我说好吗
What a wonderful occasion this is,
这是一个多么美妙的场合
And how fortunate that it should happen to fall
我们十分幸运能有机会
On take your daughter to work day.
来参加"带你女儿来工作"日
We're here to welcome
在这里我们欢迎
Mr. dennis kim to our little family.
丹尼斯·金先生加入我们这个小家庭
Welcome, dennis kim.
欢迎 丹尼斯·金
Mr. kim
金先生
Was not only the valedictorian at stanford university,
不仅是在斯坦福大学毕业典礼上发言的毕业生
He is also the youngest recipient
他更是极具声望的史蒂文森奖
Of the prestigious stevenson award.
有史以来最年轻的获得者
Youngest till the cyborgs rise up!
直到纪录被半机械人打破前最年轻的
And now, without any further ado,
现在 废话不多说
Let me introduce the man of the hour,
让我向大家介绍此时此刻的主角
Mr. dennis kim.
丹尼斯·金先生
Dennis?
丹尼斯?
Dennis!
丹尼斯
What?!
干什么?
Would you like to tell us
你能不能向大家
A little bit about your upcoming research?
稍微介绍下你近期的研究?
No, thanks.
算了吧 谢了
I'm going to the mall with emma.
我得跟爱玛去趟购物中心
The kid got a girl.
那孩子搞到了一个
Unbelievable.
难以置信
Did anyone see how he did it?
你们谁看到他是怎么做的了吗
Don't worry, I've got this.
别担心 看我的
Ladies and gentlemen,
女士们 先生们
Honored daughters, while mr. kim,
尊敬的女儿们 当金先生
By virtue of his youth and naivete,
因为他的年幼和无知
Has fallen prey to the inexplicable need
被人类交往中一种神秘的需求所俘虏时
For human contact, let me step in
请允许我插两句
And assure you that my research will go on uninterrupted,
我向你们保证我的研究会不间断地继续下去的
And that social relationships will continue to baffle
而那些人际关系的种种将会继续困惑
And repulse me.
并且排斥我
Thank you.
谢谢
He's back.
他回来了
Yeah, mission accomplished.
是啊 任务完成了
Forget the mission.
别提这任务了
How did that little yutz get a girl on his own?
那小屁孩自己是怎么吊上马子的?
I guess times have changed since we were young.
我想现在已经不是我们年轻时的那个时代了
Smart is the new sexy.
天才也性感了
Then why do we go home alone every night?
那为什么我们每天晚上还是孤身一人回家?
We're still smart.
我们也还是天才啊
Maybe we're too smart.
也许我们太天才了
So smart it's off-putting.
天才到了物极必反的地步
Yeah, let's go with that.
是 说得没错
Unbelievable.
简直不敢相信
Components I built
我制造的元件
Are on the international space station and I get a ticket
已经用在了国际空间站上 而我只得到了一张
For launching a model rocket in the park.
公园里发射模型火箭的门票
I don't know if the ticket was
我不知道这张票对于
So much for the launch as it was
来这里发射是不是那么重要
For you telling the policewoman,
因为你会对着女警说
"you have to frisk me.
"你得搜搜我的身
I have another rocket in my pants."
我裤裆里还有个火箭"
Hey, look at that.
你们看那儿
It's dennis kim.
是丹尼斯·金
Wow, I almost didn't recognize him.
我差点认不出他了
You know, I kind of feel bad about what we did to him.
我们对他做了那些我感到有些愧疚
Yeah, we really ruined his life.
没错 我们真的毁了他的一生
Screw him-- he was weak.
去他的 是他弱