Hey, will you steam my uniform next?
弄好可以也烫下我的制服吗
Yeah, w... interesting.
哟 真有意思
Do you recall this conversation?
你还记得我们这段对话吗
"Leonard, want to go halfsies on a steamer?"
"莱纳德 要不要跟我摊挂烫机的钱"
"No, Sheldon, we don't need a steamer."
"不要 谢尔顿 我们又用不到"
Looks like that rumpled chicken's come home to roost.
看来有人现在自食恶果了吧
Here are the make-up sponges you asked for.
这是你要的化妆海绵
Oh, thanks, I thought I had more.
谢啦 我本来以为我还有不少
Damn, you've got more makeup than I do.
靠 你的化妆品比我还多
You've got better makeup than I do.
而且还比我用的都高级
Yeah, I'm borrowing this.
这个老娘借了
This is my Comic-Con makeup.
这是我动漫大会专用化妆品
I love you, but there are some things
我爱你 但有些东西是男子汉们
a man doesn't share with his girlfriend.
不能与女友分享的
That's a wise policy.
十分明智的原则
I once borrowed my sister's makeup for a costume contest.
我曾为化装比赛借用了我妹妹的化妆品
Got a terrible case of pinkeye.
结果被传染到红眼病
Yeah, but luckily, I was going as a zombie.
幸好那年我刚好是想化装成僵尸
I won second place.
因此还赢得了第二名呢
I feel like you guys just went to Comic-Con.
你们不是才去过动漫大会吗
That was San Diego Comic-Con.
上次是圣地亚哥动漫大会
This is Bakersfield Comic-Con.
这次是贝克尔斯菲动漫大会
Well, it's a lot smaller.
其实规模小了很多
It's more about the comic books.
但重心主要放在漫画书上
The way these conventions used to be
以前传统的大会都是这样
before they went all Hollywood.
而不是像现在的好莱坞电影潮
So to answer your question, no, it's not better.
简单扼要地回答你 这场没比较好
Well, then why are you going?
那你们干嘛还去啊
It's a comic book convention.
始终还是漫画大会
You know, it's like pizza or particle accelerators,
就如同披萨或粒子加速器一样嘛
even the stinky one's still pretty good.
就算做得不好 也还是可以接受
Well, you guys have fun.
那祝你们玩得开心
I guess I'll see you Sunday night.
那估计是周日晚再见了吧
Oh, hang on a second.
你等一下
To show people when they don't believe me.
作为别人不信我有美女女友时的证据
Oh, this is the best.
这样最爽了
You have booze with breakfast on a Tuesday,
如果你平日吃早餐时配酒喝
you got a problem.
人家会说你酗酒
You do it on the weekend, you got brunch.
但如果是周末这样 就能推说是早午餐
Sheldon doesn't believe in brunch.
谢尔顿不爱早午餐这套
He can't stand being at a table
他无法忍受吃饭时
where one person's having an omelet
一边有人在吃早餐煎蛋卷
and another person's having a sandwich.
而另一边有人在吃午餐三明治
He's not exhausting at all.
他真是不厌其"烦"啊
It's Leonard, he says they're on the road
莱纳德发的短信 说他们在路上了
and headed for Bakersfield at "warp speed."
正"曲速前进"贝克尔斯菲市呢
科幻电影中 运用空间翘曲 以快于光速的几个数量级的速度航行
Maybe it's the Mimosa,
可能这含羞草鸡尾酒上头
but I'm gonna give the kid an LOL.
但我就大发慈悲给他回个"哈哈哈"吧
It's cute how excited they are.
他们兴奋这些事的样子真可爱
You should have seen Howard
你们应该看看霍华德
sewing his costume all week for the convention.
为了参加大会 缝了整周服装的样子
When did Howard learn to sew?
霍华德什么时候学的缝纫啊
When he was a little boy, every couple months,
他小时候 每隔几个月
he would have to let his mom's pants out.
都要帮他妈把旧裤子重新缝大一点
I don't even understand why they go to these conventions.
我真不知道他们为什么会去这些大会
The four of them work at a major university.
他们四个都在知名大学工作
They're all super smart.
他们都超级聪明
How can they still be into something made for 12-year-olds?
怎么会还在痴迷12岁小孩的玩意呢
I think Howie's just in touch with his inner child.
我觉得霍华德只是内心有孩子气的一面
Although when he comes to bed in his Batman pajamas,
不过有时候他穿着蝙蝠侠睡衣上床时
sometimes it feels like I'm touching his inner child.
我都感觉是其实他就是个小孩
It's probably because they were bullied growing up.
可能是因为他们从小被欺负到大吧
In a world where you can't fight back,
在一个人自身无力反抗时
superheroes provide meaningful wish-fulfillment.
超级英雄能满足他们心中的愿望
Now I feel bad for picking on all those kids.
现在我对自己欺负过的那些人感到内疚
Although, in my defense,
但我也要替自己辩驳
if Danny Biffle didn't want to eat a mouthful of dirt,
当年丹尼·比佛要不想被欺负得满嘴泥
he shouldn't have shown up to school wearing a bow tie.
就不该戴着一个欠扁的蠢领结来上学
I've never even read a comic book. You guys?
我没有看过漫画书呢 你们呢
I mean, it's such an important part of their lives.
这东西对他们生命那么重要
Maybe we should try reading some.
我们也许该去试着看看啊
The comic book store isn't far from here.
漫画店离这里也不远啊
That is an amazing idea.
这主意太棒了
Okay, how many of these have I had?
靠 我是喝了多少杯啦
I think you should turn on the GPS.
我觉得你该开卫星导航器
But the turn-by-turn voice option isn't on.
可你没开语音导航功能
I know I'd feel more safe
你要是打开那个
if you turn on the turn-by-turn voice option.
我会感觉到加倍安心呢
I love the turn-by-turn voice option.
我爱死语音导航功能了
Has it really only been ten miles?
真的只开了10英里而已吗
I'm turning it on, but just to shut you up.
为了让你闭嘴 我现在就开
Leonard, bear left
莱纳德 向左转
and continue on Interstate 210.
沿着210洲际公路继续前行
Ooh, sounds like that fellow knows what he's talking about.
语音导航的那人听起来很懂行啊
I'd put on my listening ears if I were you.
我要是你 一定会洗耳恭听的
What did you do?
你对导航器干嘛了
I found a hack online.
我网上找到了个破解软件
I was able to upload MP3 recordings
能让我把自己录制的声音档
of my voice to your GPS.
上传到你的导航器
Counterpoint, no, it's not.
反对 一点都不酷
Continue on Interstate 210
继续沿着210洲际公路
Here's an interesting fact about interstates.
以下是一则关于洲际公路的有趣小知识
Shh, he said it's interesting.
别吵 人家说是有趣小知识呢
Interstates are numbered as follows.
洲际公路数字命名的规则是
Even-numbered routes run east and west,
偶数公路走东西向
odd-numbered routes run north and south.
奇数公路走南北向
Three-digit route numbers indicate bypasses
三位数公路表示环绕郊区
Look, Leonard, there's a bridge.
瞧 莱纳德 那有座桥
You know, we're not that far from Vazquez Rocks.
我们离华斯克巨岩公园不远了
Oh, they shot a lot of Star Trek episodes out there.
《星际迷航》有很多集都是在那里拍的
We've got our costumes in the trunk.
我们的化装服就在车里
We could go there and have a little photo shoot.
我们可以去那里 拍几张照片
I haven't had a carbohydrate in two weeks.
我两周没碰过碳水化合物了
These cheekbones need to be in front of a camera
瘦得颧骨都凸起来了 不赶紧拍照
before I eat a pretzel and they're gone.
不然一块椒盐卷饼下肚 就打回原形了
Yeah, that sounds fun.
好啊 听起来不错
- Now, Leonard, do you know how to get there? - No.
-莱纳德 那你知道怎么去吗 -不知道
Yeah, well luckily, someone in the car does.
幸好车上有人知道
While we're waiting,
在等待的同时
do you know which president signed
你知道是哪一任总统将
the Intestate Highway System Act into law?
《洲际公路系统法案》签署成为法律吗
The answer, coming up in 14 miles.
答案将在14英里后公布
None of you will get it.
你们肯定都猜不出来
It's Eisenhower.
是艾森豪威尔[美国第三十四任总统]
Why are they staring?
他们干嘛盯着我们看
Could you please stop staring? They're just girls.
拜托不要盯着看 不过是女生而已
It's nothing you haven't seen in movies or in drawings.
你们又不是没在电影或漫画里见过
Wh-What brings you guys here?
什么风把你们吹来了
We were looking for a recommendation about comic books.
我们想听听你对漫画书的建议
Oh, well, I recommend you don't open a store and sell them.
我的建议是 千万不要以卖漫画书为生
No, we were just wondering
不是啦 我们只是好奇
why the guys like this stuff so much,
为什么男生这么喜欢看漫画
so we thought we'd give it a try.
所以我们想试试看
Oh, okay. What do you think you might be into?
好的 你们觉得自己可能会喜欢什么类型
Superhero, fantasy, graphic novels, manga--
超级英雄漫画 奇幻漫画 漫画小说 日本漫画
I swear I will turn a hose on you.
再盯人家我就拿水管喷死你们
What kind of comics do the guys like?
那咱家几个都喜欢什么类型的漫画
Um, a little bit of everything.
什么类型都会看一点
Mostly superhero stuff.
大部分是超级英雄系列的
All right, well, who's the best superhero?
好吧 那谁是最厉害的超级英雄
You can't ask a question like that in here.
你不能在这里问这种问题
Are you trying to start a rumble?
你是想挑起宅男骂战吗
Well, what do you recommend?
那你推荐什么
You've got your basic clean-cut good guys--
有阳光帅气的基本款英雄
Superman, Spider-Man, Captain America.
《超人》 《蜘蛛侠》 《美国队长》
Then you have your darker anti-heroes--
有黑暗系的另类英雄
your Batman, your Wolverine, Punisher.
《蝙蝠侠》 《金刚狼》 《惩罚者》
Ooh, I do love a bad boy.
哇 我还就喜欢坏小子
As evidenced by your boyfriend and his fear of hamsters.
你那怕仓鼠的男友 就是最好的"证明"啊
If I were you, I'd go for Fables number one.
如果我是你 我会选《成人童话》第一集
The artwork is sophisticated,
画风复杂精致
it's intelligently written,
情节千回百转
and it doesn't objectify or stereotype women.
而且没有物化或有女性刻板印象
Yeah, he kind of is.
对啊 的确是
I know Mr. Data isn't supposed to smile,
我知道数据机器人不应该笑
but here it comes.
但我要笑一个
Come on, guys. Let's do this.
来吧 伙计们 开拍啦
Yeah, I'm sweating my bald cap off.
快点 我出汗出得秃头套都要掉了
So what's our first pose going to be?
我们第一个造型要摆什么
I say we begin with a classic Star Trek fight scene.
先摆一个《星际迷航》的经典打斗场面吧
I'll set the timer.
我去设定时
Sheldon, how is that a fight pose?
谢尔顿 你这算哪门子的打斗姿势
Mr. Data's weapon is his mind.
数据机器人的武器就是脑子
Phasers on the Borg!
相位枪对准博格人
Charlie's Angels.
《霹雳娇娃》姿势
Okay, what's next?
好的 下一个是什么
Now let's do some sexy glamour shots.
我们拍几辑性感魅力的照片
I'll set the mood.
我来挑动气氛
Leonard, someone's stealing your car!
莱纳德 有人在偷你的车
Come back here! Stop!
回来 别走
Stealing is against the law!
偷车是犯法的
I don't believe this.
真不敢相信
Oh, no, my phone is in my other pants.
不是吧 我的手机在其他裤子里
- Oh, so is mine. - Mine, too.
-我的也是 -我也是
Anybody got any ideas?
有人有办法吗
The only thing left to do now is assign blame.
唯一能做的事就是怪罪某人
What kind of a person steals another person's car in broad daylight?
谁会在光天化日之下公然偷走别人的车啊
What kind of person leaves his keys in the car?
谁会把车钥匙留在车里不拿走啊
I thought we agreed this was all Koothrappali's fault.
不是说好都怪库萨帕里了吗
What is wrong with people? Why don't they stop?
这些人怎么搞的 干嘛不停车
Maybe we're better off.
也许这样更好
You know, what if we were to get in a car with a crazy person?
万一我们上了神经病的车就惨了
Look at us, Sheldon.
照照镜子吧 谢尔顿
We're the crazy people.
我们就是神经病
Well, perhaps we should hold up a sign
也许我们该举个牌子
that assures passing motorists of our mental competence.
告诉来往车辆我们的精神很正常
Good idea. Why don't you get started on that?
这主意真棒 那你还不赶紧做牌子
Come on, let's just start walking.
算了 咱们用走的吧
There's got to be a gas station or something nearby.
这附近肯定有加油站之类的
What, you think just because you're wearing a captain's uniform,
就因为你穿着船长的制服
you're in charge?
你就能发号施令了是吗
Hmm, okay, I'm done.
我看完了
How did you guys finish so fast?
你们怎么看得那么快
I don't know, there were a lot of pictures,
大部分都只是图片啊
and one page only had the word "Brakkadoom!"
有一页上甚至只写了一句"受死吧"
Yeah, well, I have street smarts.
行 聪明人脑子快 可我有街头智慧
So, what'd you guys think?
你们怎么看
Well, there was a lot of action,
书里有许多打斗场景
and the story moved along at a brisk pace.
情节跌宕起伏
what's the word I'm looking for?
我该怎么形容呢
- Stupid? - So stupid.
-蠢 -超蠢的
I don't know how Leonard can get so caught up in this.
真不知道莱纳德怎么会对这玩意这么着迷
It's crazy; they spend hours
太荒唐了 他们竟然花大量的时间
arguing about things that don't even exist.
讨论这些虚无缥缈的东西
- What a waste of time. - I know.
-真是浪费光阴 -可不是嘛
A hammer so heavy that no one else can pick it up?
什么一把重到只有雷神才举得起的铁锤啊
I don't think it's heavy.
我觉得不是因为它重
I think it's some sort of magic,
而是铁锤上有某种魔法
so only Thor can lift it.
所以只有雷神才能举起它
That makes even less sense, I mean...
这更说不通啊
No, no, no, it doesn't.
不不 就应该是这样
The hammer is his; only he can use it.
铁锤是他的 只有他能用
It's like Sheldon and his toothbrush.
就像谢尔顿和他的牙刷
Or his thin, beckoning lips.
或者谢尔顿和他那两片诱人薄唇
what if Thor's hand is on the hammer?
要是雷神正拿着铁锤呢
I mean, if he's touching it with his god magic,
如果他正拿着铁锤发力
does that mean I could lift it?
那是不是我也可以拿起它
Maybe we missed something.
我们是不是漏了什么细节
Let's read it again.
再看一遍吧
Good idea. I'll help you.
好主意 我帮你
Wait, I thought we were reading.
不是要一起再看一遍吗
We're just, uh, giving you a head start.
你先开始吧 我们晚点不要紧
I wish my mom was here.
真希望我妈妈在这儿
We could all hang out in her shadow.
我们就都可以在她的影子下乘凉了
Wool pants in the desert.
漫漫沙漠行 毛裤贴我身
I feel like I've got poached testicles.
熊熊烈日下 蛋蛋火上蒸
Oh, you poor thing;
可怜的你啊
That's so much worse than having your car stolen.
可真是比车被人偷了还可怜
Insurance is gonna buy you a new car.
保险公司会赔你辆新车
It's not gonna de-funk my junk.
请问谁能赔我大雕
a little less bellyaching.
不要再满腹牢骚了
We're Starfleet officers
我们是星际舰队的军官
and a member of the Borg Collective.
是博格集合体的一份子
Please, Sheldon, I am so not in the mood.
谢尔顿 拜托 我现在真没心情入戏
all our lives we have dreamed
我们一直都在梦想
of finding ourselves inside one of the fantasy worlds we love.
进入我们所挚爱的幻想世界
At this moment, we are, in fact,
现在我们真正成为了
a Star Trek landing party
星际迷航的先遣登陆队
stranded in an alien and unforgiving environment,
被困于荒芜凋敝的陌生环境
relying only on our wits, our fortitude
只能依靠自己的智慧 坚毅
As long as we have those things,
只要我们有这些品质
- nothing can stop... - Nerds!
-没有什么可以阻止 -书呆子
I hate this planet.
我恨死这星球了
It says right here on the hammer,
看 铁锤上写着呢
"Whoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy,
"只要是配得上的人手持铁锤
shall possess the power of Thor."
均可获得雷神的神力"
Hold on, who decides who's worthy?
等一下 谁能决定他是否配得上
Does the hammer decide?
是铁锤决定吗
You said it's a magic hammer.
是你说它有魔力的
Yeah, it can't make decisions.
对 但它不能做决定啊
If Harry Potter's wand can make decisions,
哈利·波特的魔杖都能选主人
why can't Thor's hammer?
雷神的铁锤凭什么不行
Okay, if you're going to start comparing wands and hammers,
你要是非要拿魔杖和铁锤比
I can't even take you seriously.
那我没啥话好对你说了
Uh, four glasses of water, please.
请倒四杯水
Anything for you guys?
你们要什么吗
Can I use your phone? Our car got stolen.
能借电话用一下吗 我们的车被偷了
Why don't you ask Scotty to beam you up?
你们怎么不叫史考特传送你们上舰啊
Scotty was on the original series,
史考特是第一代系列人物
and we're Next Generation.
而我们是《下一代》的
We're not with him.
我们跟他不是一起的
You can't pick something up in outer space.
你不能在外太空拿起任何东西
- In space, there is no up. - Oh, yeah?
-在太空里根本就没有"起"的概念 -是吗
Then how does the sun come "Up" every day?
那为什么每天太阳都会升"起"呢
Hard to argue with those kind of street smarts.
很难反驳如此的街头"智慧"啊
Leonard and Sheldon have boxes of comics across the hall.
莱纳德和谢尔顿有成箱的漫画书在对面屋
Why don't we go look at those?
我们为何不过去找找答案
Oh, great! Yes! And then you will see.
很好 这样你们就会发现
I am not wrong, because if we were in outer space,
我没错 因为如果我们在外太空
then anyone could pick up the hammer
任何人都有可能举起锤子
because it would be floating around in a weightless environment.
因为在失重环境下 它是漂浮在空中的
Yeah, that's right, the slow reader used science.
没错 看书慢的人也懂科学
Was there anything valuable in the car?
车里有什么值钱的东西
Our clothes, our wallets, phones.
衣服 钱包 手机
And about $300 worth of makeup,
还有价值三百美元的化妆品
so this thief could look like anyone right now.
所以现在偷车贼可以化妆成任何样子
Uh, we're going to the Comic-Con in Bakersfield.
我们本打算去贝克尔斯菲的动漫大会
They have a big costume contest.
那里有个大型的化装比赛
It's cooler than it sounds.
其实没听起来那么蠢啦
I don't know, sounds pretty cool.
还好 听起来还挺酷啊
It's not just comic books.
那里不仅只有漫画书
They've got action figures, toys,
还有人偶 玩具
a Tron-themed dance party...
还有"电子世界争霸战"主题舞会
Okay, he gets how cool it is.
行了 他已经了解有多酷了
I think I have all I need here.
我要问的都问完了
You guys need me to call someone?
需要我帮你们联络谁吗
I'm guessing your moms?
我猜应该是你们妈妈吧
Thanks, but we've got it covered.
多谢 我们自己能搞定
Okay, I just talked to my mom.
好了 我刚跟我妈通完电话
She arranged for us to get a rental car.
她帮我们租了辆车
We can still make it to Comic-Con.
我们还可以去动漫大会
Are you kidding me?
你开什么玩笑
After all we've been through, I just want to go home.
遭了这么多罪 我现在只想回家
Come on, Howard, talk to him.
拜托 霍华德 劝劝他
Fine, then I guess it's two against two.
好吧 那看来是二对二了
Actually, it's three against one.
事实上 是三对一
What about the mission?
那任务怎么办
You said we were a real-life landing party.
是你说我们是现实中的先遣登陆队
Yeah, well, we're not.
我们不是
We're an imaginary landing party
我们是幻想的先遣登陆队
who had real-life garbage thrown at us
在现实中被人丢垃圾
by real-life strangers who think we're idiots.
现实中陌生人认为我们是白痴
And to tell you the truth,
跟你说实话
I'm starting to feel like one.
我开始觉得自己像白痴了
I want to go home now.
我现在就想回家
Did we at least rent the car from Enterprise?
那我们好歹从进取公司租车吧
Get it? Enterprise?
懂吗 进取号哟
Screw you. That's funny.
去死吧 明明很好笑
Well, what if the Hulk picked up Thor
那绿巨人在雷神举着锤子时
while Thor is holding the hammer?
把他连人带锤举起来 那会怎么样
Then by the transitive property of picking things up,
这样根据传递性质
Hulk picked up the hammer.
就是绿巨人举起了锤子
Hulk picked up Thor, Thor picked up the hammer.
是绿巨人举起了雷神 雷神举起了锤子
If I go to a bar and pick up a guy,
如果我去酒吧勾搭[举起]了一个男的
and he picks up a girl, and then we all leave together,
他又勾搭了一个女的 然后我们仨一起离开
did I pick up the girl?
那那个女的算是我勾搭上的吗
Did that ever happen?
这是真事吗
Hey, are we talking about me or are we talking about Thor?
喂 是讨论我还是讨论雷神啊
Well, I say that's the last time we ever go outside.
要我说 这是我们最后一次出门
Red Hulk is picking up Thor's hammer
红巨人举起了雷神的锤子
'cause Thor's touching it.
因为雷神拿着锤子
No, it's because they're in space.
不 因为他们在外太空
He's really just touching the strap.
而且他只是碰到了带子
The strap is part of the hammer!
带子是锤子的一部分
Are they actually arguing about comic books?
她们是在争论漫画书的内容吗
No, that can't be right.
不 这不可能是真的
Maybe "Thor's Hammer"
也许"雷神之锤"
is a new color of nail polish.
是新的指甲油颜色
Then Red Hulk must be worthy.
红巨人肯定是配得上锤子
How could Red Hulk be worthy?
红巨人怎么配得上啊
You don't know his life!
你又不了解他的生平
There's only one logical explanation.
只有一个合理的解释了
Somewhere in the desert
在沙漠的某处
we crossed into an alternate dimension...
我们穿越到另一个平行空间了
where the women in our lives
在这个空间 我们生活中的女性
can finally appreciate great literature.
终于懂得欣赏真正的伟大著作了
If it's an alternate dimension...
如果这是平行空间
sounds like a job for a landing party.
听起来先遣登陆队可以执行任务了
Captain, what are your orders?
舰长 有何指令
I say we investigate.
我看我们要调查一番
They might be hostile.
她们可能有攻击性
Fine, but set them to stun.
好吧 不过调成击晕模式
If we vaporize Penny,
如果把佩妮汽化了
I'll never find a girlfriend that pretty again.
我上哪儿再去找这么正点的女朋友呀
President Eisenhower signed the Federal Aid Highway Act
艾森豪威尔总统是在病房里签署的
from his hospital room.
《联邦政府助建公路条例》
Wow, that is interesting.
还真的很有意思啊
You learn something new every day.
每天都能学到新知识
Say, can you name the four state capitols
那么 你能说出是哪四个州府
that are not served by the interstate system?
没有通州际公路吗
Ooh, another quiz. Yes!
又来道智力题 爽