生活大爆炸 第六季 The Big Bang Theory Season 6 第18集: 履行义务合同 The Contractual Obligation Implementation

上映日期: 2,012

语言: 英语

影片类型: 喜剧

导演: 马克·森卓斯基

演员: 约翰尼·盖尔克奇 / 吉姆·帕森斯 / 凯莉·库柯 / 西蒙·赫尔伯格 / 昆瑙·内亚 / 马伊姆·拜力克 / 梅丽莎·劳奇 / 玛尔戈·哈什曼 / 雷吉娜·金 / 威尔·惠顿 / 凯文·苏斯曼 /


台词
Look, I know you guys don't want to do this,
我知道你们不想弄这事
but we have no choice.
但我们没得选好吗
So, you can either bitch and whine
你们大可以唧唧歪歪 浪费时间
or we can just get it over with.
也可以通力合作 早点搞定
I got "whine."
我负责唧唧
I got the "b word."
我负责歪歪
Yeah, well, it's in our contract
我们与学校的合约中
to serve on a university committee.
注明了得为大学委员会服务
And frankly, this is one I believe in.
老实说 我也认同这件事
Okay, here we go.
主题就是
Encouraging more women to pursue a career in the sciences.
鼓励更多女性加入科学领域
Come on, if I was any good
拜托 我要有本事说服女人
at convincing women to do stuff,
去做我想她们做的事
I wouldn't have spent so much of my 20s in the shower.
那我20多岁时 就不用常自己在浴室"自乐"了
If you ask me,
要我说的话
this whole thing is a waste of our time.
搞这事根本只是浪费时间
Helping women?
帮助女性浪费时间吗
Yeah, helping anyone.
帮人就是浪费时间
People should take care of themselves.
人们应该自己照顾自己
Oh, like yesterday,
比如像昨天
when you made me drive you to the dry cleaners,
你叫我载你去干洗店
the pharmacy and the post office?
药店跟邮局那样吗
I'm not saying people can't use tools.
我又没说人们不能使用工具
Even an otter picks up a rock when he wants a clam.
连水獭想吃蛤蜊时都知道用石头敲开了
You don't think it's worthwhile
你觉得花时间
to try to get more women working in science.
让更多女性加入科学行业不好吗
I think that's incredibly sexist of you.
我觉得你太有性别歧视了
I believe in a gender-blind society
我相信在性别平等的社会
like in Star Trek, where women and men
比如《星际迷航》中 各个种族
of all races and creeds work side by side as equals.
信仰各异的男女都平等地一起共事
You mean where they were advanced enough
你是说那个先进到能发明出
to invent an interstellar warp drive,
能进行恒星际旅行的曲速引擎
but a black lady still answered the space phone?
却还是让一个黑人女性接太空电话的世界吗
Oh, I did spend a lot of my shower time
我的浴室"自乐"时间有不少是跟
with Lieutenant Uhura.
乌乎拉通讯官度过的
Howard's disturbing recollections aside,
先不管霍华德的下流回忆
I don't appreciate being forced to do
我不喜欢被逼去做这些
banal committee work.
平庸的委员会工作
Yes, I know, you're too smart for this.
是是是 太大材小用了
Exactly.
没错
It's like asking the Human Torch
就跟叫霹雳火
霹雳火是《神奇四侠》里的人物 能让全身变成火焰
to heat up your frozen burrito.
来热你的冷冻玉米煎饼一样
Got it.
明白
All right, I'm thinking one way
我想到了一个
to counter bias in the peer-review process,
避免在同行评审阶段遭受歧视的方法
is for papers to be submitted under gender-neutral names.
就是报告都用中性名字递交
Like S. Smith
比如S·史密斯
instead of Samantha Smith.
而不是沙曼莎·史密斯
I suppose there is a history of professional women
专业领域的某些女性使用缩写名
using their initials, so as not to be pre-judged.
来避免先入为主的批判 的确行之有年了
Harry Potter's J.K. Rowling,
《哈利波特》作者 J.K.罗琳
uh, Star Trek's D.C. Fontana.
《星际迷航》编剧 D.C.丰塔纳
Van Nuys pole-dancer D.D. Melons.
范奈斯市的钢管舞女 DD杯·麦伦[巨乳]
All right, I think we've really helped women today.
好啦 我们今天有帮到女性了
Let's fire up the old Xbox.
来打电动吧
Guys, please don't make this a school project
你们俩 拜托别让历史重演
where I'm the smart kid doing all the work
小时候做报告 聪明孩子做全部
while the slackers sit back and watch.
其他懒鬼就在旁边看着
No, we're not.
我们才不是呢
This time you're the smart kid doing all the work
这次是聪明孩子负责做全部工作
while the even smarter kids sit back and watch.
而更聪明的孩子在旁边看着
So, you think I'm one of the smarter kids?
你觉得我也是更聪明的孩子吗
No, you're a tool I was using to make my point.
不是 你只是我用来证明论点的工具
生活大爆炸第六季 第十八集
Guys, our topic is "Encouraging Women in Science."
我们的主题是"鼓励女性加入科学领域"
Can you at least play a less sexist game?
你们俩不能玩少点性别歧视的游戏吗
How is it sexist?
这哪有歧视女性
My character wields a battle axe as well as any man.
我的角色能像男人一样把大战锤挥起来
Not to mention she has mammary glands
更别说她有着超发达的乳腺
that could nurse a family of 30.
足够喂养一家三十口
And have enough milk left over
而且剩下来的量
to open a Baskin Robbins.
都够开冰激凌店用了
Mother, warrior-princess, franchise owner--
母亲 战士公主 冰激凌加盟店老板
I hear glass ceilings shattering all over town.
女性职场障碍全被打爆啊
Sheldon, you're always saying
谢尔顿 你老说
how much smarter you are than me.
你比我聪明无数倍
Spend five seconds and come up with one idea
那你能用五秒钟想出一个
on how to get more women into science.
能让更多女性加入科学领域的方法吗
All your ideas address the issue at a university level.
你的所有点子都仅限于学术界阶段的问题
By then it's too late.
但那阶段已经太晚了
You need to design an outreach program
你应该设计一个扩展研究
that targets girls at the middle school level
把目标延伸到中学阶段的少女们
and sets them on an academic track
把她们导向追求学术
towards the hard sciences.
迈向硬科学的道路之上
That's actually good.
还真是个好点子
Why didn't I think of that?
我怎么就没想到呢
Some people are otters, some people are rocks.
有些人是水獭 而有些人就只是石头
I wonder if there's a way
有没有什么方法
we could give the idea a trial run.
可以先试验一下这点子呢
Maybe I could call my old middle school,
我可以试试打电话给我以前的中学
see if we can talk to some of the female students.
看我们能不能跟一些女学生聊聊
That's great-- try to set up something
这不错啊 安排一下
for the three of us to go over there.
让我们三个去那里试试
Oh, hold on.
先等等吧
While I'm comfortable speaking about science,
虽然我对谈科学没有任何问题
I'm not sure I know how to spark the interest of schoolchildren.
但我不确定能否勾起中学女孩的兴趣
Better Google it.
我先上网搜搜吧
What exactly are you looking up?
你打算搜什么关键句
"How do I get 12-year-old girls excited."
"如何让12岁少女兴[性]奋"
No! No!
不要 快住手
Thanks again for letting me crash "girls' night."
再次感谢你们让我参一脚"闺蜜之夜"
Are you kidding?
开什么玩笑
You brought fancy wine and made fondue.
你带来上好的红酒 还给我们做芝士火锅
I've slept with guys for less.
比这小的好处我都"睡"过了
It's a joke.
开玩笑啦
Based on real events.
基于真实故事的玩笑
Anyway, I was hoping I could, uh,
总之 我希望可以
pick your brains a little.
向你们请教一下
I'm supposed to take Lucy out Friday
我周五要跟露西约会
and I need a killer first date.
我需要一个超棒的初次约会
Well, evolutionary biology says that women are attracted
进化生物学说 女人容易被
to a man who is steady in the face of danger,
临危不乱的男人所吸引
so I recommend an unsafe environment.
所以我建议去危险的地方
Seedy bar on the wrong side of the tracks...
去贫民区破旧的酒吧
picnic near a lunatic asylum...
去疯人院附近野餐
a wine tasting on Skid Row.
去贫民窟品酒
Eh, Lucy has some, uh, social anxiety issues.
露西有社交焦虑症
Maybe we could start with something simpler.
或许我们可以从简单点的地方着手
Why don't you take her to Disneyland?
你何不带她去迪士尼乐园
You go on Space Mountain,
你们可以玩室内过山车
you're in the dark, she's holding onto you.
两人处于黑暗中 她紧紧抓住你
Yeah, but you just have to remember,
但千万要记住
that ride is shorter than you think
那比你想象中还快结束
and they take a picture of you at the end,
终点前还会给你俩拍照
so make sure you got your clothes back on.
所以记得在那之前就穿回衣服
It's a joke.
开玩笑啦
Based on real events.
基于真实故事的玩笑
Mm, Disneyland? I don't know.
迪士尼乐园 我不知道该不该去
With all the crowds and the weird characters walking around,
人挤人 还有奇怪的角色玩偶人四处游走
just reminds me too much of India.
会让我有一种在印度的错觉
I haven't been to Disneyland since I was a kid.
我从来没去过迪士尼
We should definitely go one weekend.
真应该找个周末去玩玩
Weekends are too crowded.
周末人太多了
So, blow off work, go on a weekday.
那就不去上班 工作日时去
Hooky?
翘班吗
I've never played hooky in my life.
我这辈子连课都没翘过
My mom said that's how girls end up
我妈说翘课的女生最后都会
addicted to reefer and jazz music.
沉迷于大麻和爵士乐
It's more like how girls end up at a Best Western hotel
其实翘课的女生更有可能在酒店
with a 34-year-old guy named Luther.
跟一个34岁的老头开房
Joke?
也是玩笑吗
I can laugh about it now.
我现在对此能一笑置之了
So, what do you say?
你们觉得怎么样
This Friday we ditch work and go to Disneyland?
周五我们放下工作去迪士尼 好吗
I'm in.
我赞成
Me, too.
我也赞成
Excuse me,
打断一下
I thought we were trying to solve my problem?
你们不是要帮忙解决我的问题吗
Oh, yeah, right.
对哦 没错
Wait, what was your problem again?
等下 你的问题是什么来着
I am a man who can't talk to women,
我是一个无法跟女性正常交流的男人
trying to figure out
试图想出
how to go on a romantic date with a girl
如何跟一个患有严重社交焦虑症
who suffers from such crippling social anxiety
而无法跟人共处的女孩
she can't be around other people.
进行一次浪漫约会
Yeah, that's a toughie.
对哦 这还真有难度
Let's think.
我们好好想想
We doing just Disney or California Adventure, too?
我们是光去迪士尼 还是也去加州冒险乐园呢
It's nice of your old school to let us try out
真是太好了 你的母校肯让我们
our science talk on some female students.
试验在一群女学生面前宣讲科学
Well, they're actually pretty excited.
他们其实挺开心的
I'm their most famous alum.
我是他们最出名的毕业生
If you don't count the serial killer
如果不算那个奸杀妓女
who ate all those prostitutes.
还吃掉她们的连环杀手的话
This must feel pretty good for you,
你的感觉一定很好吧
coming back to your alma mater as an astronaut.
以宇航员的身份荣归母校
Yeah, last time I was here,
那是 我上一次在这里时
I was just a scrawny little nerd.
我只是个骨瘦如柴的小阿宅
And now you're also an astronaut.
现在还是 不过是多了宇航员的身份
So many memories.
这里有我很多回忆
I mean, how many times in these hallways
我经常在这些走廊里
was I tripped, punched and spit on?
被人绊倒 被人打 还被吐口水
Oh, look, here's my old locker.
瞧 这是我以前的储物柜
I have a masters in engineering
虽然我是工程学的硕士
and I still can't figure out how Scott Kapinski
但我还是想不明白斯科特·坎宾斯基
got me and my briefcase to fit in there.
是怎么把我和我的公文包一起塞进里面的
What?
干嘛
Nothing.
没事
Smart. We don't want any problems.
明智 我们可不想惹麻烦
I can't believe I ditched work for Disneyland.
真不敢相信 我居然翘班去迪士尼
What did you tell your boss?
你怎么跟老板说的
Oh, I was very clever, I did it in stages.
我相当聪明 一步一步铺好哏
At 7:00 last night,
昨晚7点
I called about a problem at the lab
我打去跟他说实验室的问题
and casually mentioned I was going out for seafood.
然后不经意地提到我要出去吃海鲜
At 9:30,
9点半
I called and told him that one of my scallops tasted weird.
我打去告诉他 我其中一个扇贝吃起来怪怪的
At 11:30, I called and said
11点半 我打过去说
I was throwing up like a fire hose.
我吐得天昏地暗
At 12:45,
12点45分
I called and made nothing but dry heaving sounds,
我打过去 什么也不说就一直干呕
and now I'm going to Disneyland.
而现在我在去迪士尼的路上了
Penny, what did you say?
佩妮 你怎么说的
I work at the Cheesecake Factory,
我在芝士蛋糕工厂上班
I said "Bye."
说声再见就能甩头走人
So, what are we gonna do first?
我们先玩什么
I don't know about you guys,
我不知道你们俩想玩什么
but I'm gonna make a beeline for the place
但我要直奔一个地方
that gives you a princess makeover.
可以把你装扮成公主
Ooh, that sounds like fun.
听起来很好玩
You're kidding, right?
你说笑呢 对吧
We're not just gonna get drunk and go on rides?
我们不是要喝个大醉 然后去坐游乐设施吗
Come on, do it with us.
别这样 和我们一起玩嘛
All right, whatever.
好吧 随便吧
How does it work?
要怎么玩
Okay, so, you pick your princess--
你先选个公主
Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Cinderella--
睡美人 白雪公主 灰姑娘
they give you hair, makeup, the works.
他们会帮你弄头发 化妆 弄全套
Guess it would be fun to be Cinderella.
打扮成灰姑娘肯定很好玩
- Oh, I want to be Cinderella, too. - Yeah.
-我也想当灰姑娘 -对啊
We can't all be Cinderella.
我们不能都当灰姑娘
Then how do we decide?
那要怎么决定呢
Well, it's simple.
很简单
This was my idea.
这是我的主意
I'm driving.
开车的是我
I'm Cinderella.
所以我是灰姑娘
You bitches got a problem with that,
你们两个小贱货要是有意见
we could stop the car right now.
我们现在就可以停车
Excuse me, I'm meeting a girl here.
不好意思 我约了女生在这里见面
It's kind of our first date.
这是我们的第一次约会
In a library?
在图书馆吗
She and I are both a little awkward in social situations,
我和她都有些不擅长社交
so this seemed like a good idea.
所以这里挺好的
People say I'm a little awkward, too.
也常有人说我挺怪的
May I join you?
我能加入你们吗
No, you can't join us.
不行
Just go-go climb back up
你赶紧走开
whatever beanstalk you came down from.
从哪儿来回哪儿去
You can do better.
你可以找到更好的
Oh, we're eating here?
我们要在这里吃吗
We're having a texting date?
这是短信约会吗
I love that.
我喜欢
As you're reading, it will help to remember
你看短信的时候要记得
I have an adorable accent.
我有超可爱的口音哦
Okay, who's ready for some science?
好 大家准备好来个科学之旅了吗
Me, too.
我也是
Okay, I am Dr. Leonard Hofstadter.
我是莱纳德·霍夫斯塔德博士
I am here with my friends Dr. Cooper
这是我的朋友库珀博士
and real-life astronaut Howard Wolowitz,
和真正的宇航员霍华德·沃罗威茨
and we are going to show you girls
我们会为你们展现
how cool a job in science can be.
科学工作会有多酷
How cool, you ask?
你们问有多酷[冷]是吗
Well, how about negative 273 degrees,
大概有零下273度[绝对零度]
'cause that's the temperature at which entropy reaches its minimum value.
因为那是熵达到其最小值时的温度
热力学函数
Did I just learn something new and have fun doing it?
我刚才是开心地学到新知识了吗
What?
还有这种好事
All right!
很好
So now let's bring out theoretical physicist
现在有请理论物理学家
Dr. Sheldon Cooper.
谢尔顿·库珀博士
Hello, female children.
你们好 女孩子们
Allow me to inspire you
请允许我用一个
with a story about a great female scientist.
伟大的女性科学家的故事来激励你们
Polish-born, French-educated
在波兰出生 在法国接受教育的
Madame Curie.
居里夫人
Codiscoverer of radioactivity,
她是放射线的发现人之一
she was a hero of science...
是科学界的英雄
until her hair fell out;
直到她的头发掉光
her vomit and stool became filled with blood...
吐血和大便带血
and she was poisoned to death by her own discovery.
她被自己的发现毒死了
With a little hard work,
只要勤奋努力
I see no reason why that can't happen to any of you.
你们一定都能获得她的成果
Are we done? Can we go?
结束了没 我们能走了吗
The thing to remember is
重要的是
you can go to outer space, too.
你们也可以去外太空
I mean, look at me.
瞧瞧我
I went to this very school.
我以前就是这个学校的学生
Those desks you're sitting in,
你们坐着的其中一张课桌
I was once superglued to one of them.
我曾经被人用强力胶粘在上面过
Did you go to the moon?
你去月球了吗
No, but I did go to
没有 但我确实去了
the International Space Station.
国际太空站
Did you fly the rocket?
你驾驶火箭了吗
No,
没有
but I was in the rocket.
但我确实乘坐了火箭
I didn't actually...
我没有
So you just flew around? That's kind of like my uncle.
所以你就是飞而已 和我叔叔很像
He's a flight attendant.
他是个空乘员
No...
I'm an American hero.
我是美国的英雄
Your uncle brings people nuts, okay?
而你叔叔只会让人抓狂
Boy, we are learning a lot here, huh?
我们学到了很多是吧
Thank you, Astronaut Howard.
谢谢你 霍华德宇航员
Um, I am what's called an experimental physicist,
我是一名实验物理学家
which is super-fun, because I get to test theories
我的工作特别好玩 因为我能测试证明理论
and work with lasers.
工作还能跟激光打交道
Yes?
请讲
How did you decide to become a scientist?
你是怎么决定当个科学家的
Uh, excellent question.
这问题提得好
Um, I suppose I've always been into science, you know...
我从小就喜欢科学
My mother and father are scientists,
我的妈妈爸爸都是科学家
so I was kind of led in that direction.
所以他们一直引导我走上这条路
Eh, pushed might be a better way to describe it.
我是被逼的 这种形容更恰当
To be honest with you guys,
说句实话
when I was your age,
我在你们这么大的时候
I wanted to be a rap star.
我想当的是说唱明星
Like Snoop Dogg,
像史诺普·道格一样
史诺普·道格 美国说唱歌手犯有私藏枪支和大麻罪
but with a healthy respect for the police.
但是对警方更为尊重
Yeah, no, sure, you laugh.
没关系 你们笑吧
Just like my mother did.
我妈也笑了
* After I confided, *
* 我对她坦诚相告 *
* I was derided and chided, *
* 她对我责备嘲笑 *
* my moms and I collided. *
* 我们俩碰撞引爆 *
* She said my dreams were misguided. *
* 她说我路走歪掉 *
That's just a little freestyle.
随便即兴说唱两句
My dad's a gynecologist in India,
我爸爸是印度的妇科医生
so if you're over there and need a check-up,
如果你去了印度 需要检查一下
as he likes to say, he's "at your cervix."
用他的话来说 他愿意"检查你的子宫"
子宫cervix与服务service音似原意是"为你效劳"
That's terrible.
太坏了
Your dad should be sent to the pun-itentiary.
你爸爸该被送进"双关"监狱
penitentiary是监狱 但pun-itentiary则是双关语监狱
That's a fitting pun-ishment.
真是个合适的[双关]惩罚
I still don't know what you do for a living.
我还不知道你的工作呢
Web design.
网页设计
Anything I might have seen?
有我可能看过的网页吗
I don't know.
我不知道
You ever look at porn web sites?
你浏览过色情网站吗
No, never.
从来没有
What is porn?
那是什么
Sorry. Autocorrect.
不好意思 自动纠错功能
That was supposed to say
我本来打的是
"Prom Web sites."
"舞会网站"
Ooh, fun. I love prom.
真有趣 我喜欢舞会
The romance, the gowns,
气氛浪漫 锦衣华服
it's like a fairy tale come to life.
简直就像童话成真了
Sorry. Autocorrect.
不好意思 自动纠错功能
That was supposed to say,
我本来打的是
"I like sports."
"我喜欢运动"
I never wanted to play the cello.
我从来都不想拉大提琴
How do you meet girls playing the cello?
拉大提琴怎么泡得到女孩啊
"Hey, you want to come over to my house
"你想来我家
and listen to me play an instrument
听我演奏一种乐器吗
that sounds like a suicidal bumblebee?"
那听起来像大黄蜂自杀的声音哦"
Quick, pull the fire alarm.
赶紧去拉响火警报警器
Let's get out of here.
好让咱们趁机溜走
Uh, hello again.
各位 再次问好
Um, yeah, I don't know if women in general
我不知道是不是所有的女人
have been actively discouraged
都被人主动劝阻过
from pursuing the sciences,
不要追求科学
but it's clear you young women here, today, have been.
但很显然 今天你们这些女孩都被劝阻了
While I was listening to my colleagues waste your time,
我听着我同事们废话连篇浪费你们的时间
it occurred to me that it might be much more meaningful
我突然想到 如果让真实的科学女强人
to hear about women in science
为你们讲述女人投身科学的事迹
from actual women in science,
这样也许更有意义
and, uh, I happen to know two brilliant examples
我碰巧认识两位科学女强人
who have agreed to speak to you on the phone right now.
她们同意现在和你们进行电话交流
Uh, Dr. Rostenkowski,
罗斯滕科夫斯基博士
Dr. Fowler, are you there?
福勒博士 你们在吗
We're here.
我们在
Thank you for taking time out of your very busy schedule
感谢两位在百忙之中抽出宝贵的时间
to enlighten these young women.
来启发年轻的女孩子们
It's our pleasure.
乐意之至
I'm Dr. Fowler, and I'm a neuroscientist.
我是福勒博士 神经科学家
白雪公主
And I'm Dr. Rostenkowski Wolowitz,
我是罗森考斯基·沃罗维茨博士
灰姑娘
and I'm a microbiologist.
微生物学家
The world of science needs more women,
科学世界需要更多女性
but from a young age, we girls are encouraged to care
但女孩们从小就被教导成
more about the way we look
更在乎自己的外貌
than about the power of our minds.
而不是头脑的力量
That's true.
是的
Every one of you has the capacity
你们每一个人都有能力
to be anything you want to be.
成为自己想当的人
Unless you want to be Cinderella.
但想当灰姑娘就不行
睡美人
Come at me.
来单挑啊
See what happens.
看看谁厉害
This was really fun.
今天真的很好玩
My battery's dying, so I'm just gonna talk.
我的手机要没电了 我就用说的吧
Thanks for today.
谢谢今天你约我出来
I've been trying to do more things that scare me,
我一直试着做更多让我害怕的事情
and coming here was definitely one of them.
来这和你约会绝对是其中之一
But it was also really nice.
但今天真挺不错的
So thanks, and, um,
所以 谢谢
I'm gonna go.
我打算走了
Maybe I could do one more scary thing
也许我在离开前
before I go and give you a kiss good-bye?
能再做一件可怕的事 和你吻别
You know, if that's okay.
如果你同意的话
Okay. Okay.
好吧 好吧
Panic attack! Maybe next time.
恐慌症发作 下次吧
I'm counting that as foreplay.
我就把这算做前戏了
Bernie, I'm home.
妮妮 我回家了
You have fun today?
你今天玩的开心吗
Yes, and I have a surprise for you.
开心 而且我为你准备了惊喜
Please be Cinderella. Please be Cinderella.
一定要是灰姑娘 一定要是灰姑娘
Well, hello, Prince Charming.
你好啊 白马王子
Milady.
小姐
Hey, how was your... what?
你今天... 什么情况
I can explain.
我能解释
I played hooky with the girls,
我和姑娘们翘班
then we all went to Disneyland and got...
一起去了迪士尼乐园 然后...
What are you doing?
你在干什么呢
Disneyland. Go on, I'm listening.
迪士尼乐园嘛 继续说 我听着呢
Sheldon, all Snow White needs
谢尔顿 白雪公主只需要
is one little kiss to wake up.
轻轻一吻就能醒来哦
Heard you the first time.
你说第一次时我就听见了