You said clean up.
你叫我收拾嘛
You can't just throw everything in the closet.
你不能只把东西都往衣橱里扔啊
Hey, you can tell me what to do
你可以叫我做事
or you can tell me how to do it,
或者是教我做事
but you can't do both; this isn't sex.
但只有做爱时 才可以边叫边教
What if someone looks in there?
要是有人看到里面怎么办
They're just coming over for dinner.
他们只是来吃顿饭而已
No one's gonna look in the closet.
没人会看衣橱的啦
Well, you don't know that.
谁知道啊
What if someone's looking for the bathroom
万一有人找厕所
and they open that door?
不小心打开了这扇门呢
For all we know, there's a toilet in there somewhere.
这里面某处还真有个厕所呢
Fine. But after tonight,
好吧 但今晚过后
we need to get a handle on this mess.
我们就得好好整理这衣橱
You know what we should do?
知道我们应该怎么做吗
We should show the closet to Sheldon.
故意让谢尔顿看到这衣橱
He's like a savant at organizing.
他简直是整理大师好吗
Everything in his apartment has a label on it.
他公寓里所有东西都有标签注明
Including his label maker, which has a label
连他的标签机上 都有个标签
that says "Label Maker."
写着"标签机"
And if you look really close at that label maker label,
而且如果你仔细往标签机上的标签看
you'll see a label that says "Label."
你会发现有个小小标签写着"标签"
we can't just ask him to straighten our closet.
我们怎么可以让客人整理衣橱呢
No, we wouldn't ask him.
我们当然不会问他来做
We'd just show him the closet
我们只要让他瞧见就行了
and let the goblins in his head take it from there.
之后他脑子里的小妖精就会煽动他了
Hey, guys, come on in.
大家请进
- Ooh, it smells good. - Thanks.
-闻起来好香啊 -谢谢
And, Sheldon, I know tonight's the night you eat Thai food,
谢尔顿 我知道今晚是你的泰国菜之夜
so I went to the Asian market, got all the ingredients
所以我去了亚洲超市 买了一切所需材料
and made it from scratch.
从零开始学
Oh, you shouldn't have.
你不用这样大费周章
Oh, it's my pleasure.
这是我的荣幸
No, you really shouldn't have.
不 你真的不用这样
You stopped and got him takeout?
你中间还带他去买外卖啦
He kept kicking the back of my seat.
他一直踢我驾驶座背后
Sheldon, I've been cooking all day.
谢尔顿 我花了一整天时间煮呢
Well... now don't you feel silly.
好吧... 现在觉得自己蠢了吧
Show him the closet.
带他去看衣橱
These spring rolls are amazing.
这春卷真是太美味了
Good job, Bernadette.
好手艺啊 伯纳黛特
That's the takeout that Sheldon brought.
那是谢尔顿带来的外卖
Oh, well, I'm sure they wouldn't have tasted
我肯定要不是先吃了你的菜
nearly as good if I hadn't tried your food first.
这玩意肯定没那么好吃
Howard, did you want your clothes arranged
霍华德 你的衣服想怎么分类
seasonally or by color?
是按季节 还是按颜色
Wrong, they'll be arranged seasonally.
错误 我会按季分类
Sheldon, aren't you gonna spend a little time with Amy?
谢尔顿 你不坐下陪陪艾米吗
Oh, it's okay, I'm used to it.
没事的 我习惯了
The other day at Whole Foods, he spent an hour
那天在超市 他花了一个小时
optimizing the cheese aisle.
最佳化起司区的排列法
Yeah, and some thanks I got.
是啊 但他们都不感激
The assistant manager chased me out
助理经理还用手工制意大利香肠
with an artisanal salami.
赶我走呢
His quirks just make you love him more.
他的小怪癖让人更爱他
Someone please agree with me.
你们谁也附和我一下嘛
It's getting late. Time to go.
时间晚了 回家吧
Oh, five more minutes.
再给我五分钟
That's what you said five minutes ago.
你五分钟前就这么说过了
Amy and Penny are already in the car.
艾米和佩妮都在车上等了
How come I never get to do anything I want to do?
为什么总不让我做我想做的事啊
You know, if he really wants to stay and finish,
他要是真的想留下到整理完毕
I can give him a ride home.
我可以载他回家
Please, Leonard! He said it's okay!
求你了 莱纳德 他都说没关系了
Wait, I can go home without you? Bye!
等等 可以不用载你回家吗 拜拜
Howard, I have a few questions.
霍华德 我有几个问题
I found three bowling pins.
我找到了三个保龄球瓶
Now, do you juggle these,
这是抛接用的三个瓶呢
or are you missing seven?
还是你丢了七个
You health nuts kill me.
小混球害我要想破头了
Oh, my God, it's beautiful!
天啊 太整齐了
Look, he found the juggling pins I hid.
看 他发现了我藏起来的抛接球瓶
Uh, just a couple more items.
还有几样东西
Howard, I found this letter from your dad in a box.
霍华德 我在盒子里找到这封你爸写的信
Now, based on the content,
根据里面的内容呢
it could either be filed...
可以被分类去...
Whoa, you opened this?
你还打开看啦
Well, I had to find out if it was personal correspondence
得读过才知道这是私人信件
or memorabilia. Now, as I was saying,
还是纪念性的信件 我刚说到
- based on the content... - I couldn't be less interested.
-根据内容呢... -我没兴趣知道
Now, come on, I'll take you home.
走吧 我载你回家吧
Howard, don't you want to know what's in the letter?
霍华德 你不想知道信里的内容吗
If I wanted to know, I would've opened it years ago.
我要想知道 我多年前就拆开看了
The closet looks great.
衣橱现在看起来超整洁
Let's get out of here.
咱们走吧
Wait, can I bring this box
等等 我能拿上这盒
of extra shirt buttons to sort on the ride?
备用衣服纽扣 在车上整理着玩吗
- Do whatever you want. - Thanks.
-你高兴就好 -谢谢
You know, when I first met Howard,
你知道我刚认识霍华德那会
he would pull his scrotum out of his shorts
他会把阴囊从短裤里拉出来
and say, "oh, I sat in gum."
然后大喊 "看 我坐到口香糖上了"
What is your point?
你到底想说什么
Well, it's just kind of weird how grown up he is now.
如今他变得这么成熟 感觉怪怪的
Happily married guy throwing dinner parties.
婚姻美满 还会在家宴请朋友
Really? You couldn't just say that?
是吗 你直接这么说不行吗
You had to tell the scrotum story?
还非得讲一遍阴囊的故事
Trying to paint a picture.
描述下他以前幼稚的画面嘛
Yeah, it was a nice change of pace
换个方式 不再围着咖啡桌吃外卖
not eating takeout around a coffee table.
的确也是不错的改变
Mm, you know, we could throw a dinner party, too.
要知道 我们也可以宴请一下朋友们
Maybe even ask everyone to get dressed up.
还可以要求大家都盛装出席
Just, when you say "Dressed up,"
不过 你所谓的盛装出席
you mean nice clothes, right?
是指穿着得体的衣服 是吧
Not, like, capes and tights and crap?
而不是指穿着斗篷紧身衣之类的玩意
- Although... - No!
-不过 -不行
Yeah, I just... couldn't sleep.
没事 我只是...睡不着
Told you you shouldn't have espresso after dinner.
都叫你晚餐后别喝浓缩咖啡了
I know the little cups make you feel big,
我知道那些小杯子显得你人高马大
but it's not worth it.
可这实在是得不偿失呀
It's this stupid letter.
都怪这份讨厌的信
You must be curious.
你一定很好奇
Of course I'm curious.
我当然好奇了
I haven't seen the man since,
从很小的时候
oh, I was a little kid.
我就再也没见过他了
And a letter shows up on my 18th birthday?
然后在我18岁生日时突然寄来一封信
What's that about?
这算是什么意思
Why don't you read it?
你为什么不读读看呢
Maybe he apologizes or explains why he left.
也许他为不辞而别做出了道歉或者解释
He abandoned me and my mother.
他抛弃了我和我妈
Why does he deserve a chance to explain anything?
他有什么资格来做解释呢
So, what do you want to do with it?
那你准备怎么办呢
Something I should've done a long time ago.
很久以前我就应该这么做了
- Really? Are you sure? - Yep.
-真的 你确定吗 -确定
- Feel better? - I do.
-心里舒服点了吗 -舒服了
Neither one of us is tall enough to reach that.
咱俩的身高都够不着那烟雾报警器
I can't believe he set it on fire.
我真不敢相信他烧掉了那封信
Yeah, just seeing that letter really freaked him out.
对啊 他看到那封信就心烦
And he was already having a tough day
再说他那天本来就过得不开心
'cause he accidentally wore my pants to work.
他不小心穿着我的裤子去上班了
I don't know why he was upset.
我真不懂他有什么不开心的
They were bigger on him than me.
他穿那裤子比我穿着还宽松呢
Boy, I'm really curious what's in that letter.
我真好奇那信里写了什么
Me, too, but I guess now we'll never know.
我也好奇 不过我们永远无法知道了
Well, you said Sheldon read it.
你说谢尔顿读过那封信
What kind of wife would I be
不尊重老公的隐私
if I didn't respect my husband's privacy?
还算什么好人妻呢
What if I ask Sheldon,
如果我去问谢尔顿的时候
you just happen to be in the room?
你"碰巧"在场呢
- That works. - Okay.
-这主意好 -走吧
Like cleaning out the entire building's belly button.
就跟清理整幢大楼的脏肚脐眼似的
- Hey, Sheldon. - Oh, hello.
-谢尔顿 -你们好
What can I do for you ladies?
有什么能为你们效劳的吗
You have something we want.
你有我们想要的东西
My mother warned me
我妈曾经警告过我
this is what happens to pretty boys in the big city.
小帅哥进了大城市 就会遇到这种事
No, we just want information.
不 我们想要知道点信息
Oh, I've got that in spades.
这个我绝对能帮上忙
We heard you read the letter from Howard's father.
我们听说你读了霍华德他爸写的信
I can't tell you that.
我可不能告诉你们
I'm bound by closet organizer/ organizee confidentiality.
我得遵守衣橱主人和整理者之间的保密协议
Sheldon, that's not a real thing.
谢尔顿 世上才没有那种规定呢
Well, neither is the rule that you have to
那世上也没有规定说看电影时
hold your girlfriend's hand at the movies. You know.
必须紧握你女友的手呀
That doesn't stop you from pawing at me
你还不是照样对我上下其手
like you're a bear and I'm a trash can full of sweets.
就像你是大狗熊 我是蜜罐子一样
Why do you even care?
你管什么多干嘛
Just tell us what it says.
把信的内容告诉我们就是了
Control over the information contained in that letter
那封信的内容的所有权
belongs to Howard.
是属于霍华德的
By happenstance, I came to know it.
我是偶尔不小心读到的
That doesn't give me the right to disseminate it freely.
这并不代表我可以到处散布它
Come on. Look, the letter was found in Bernadette's closet.
拜托 那封信是在伯纳黛特的衣橱找到的
Doesn't that count for something?
这好歹也意味点什么吧
Are you pointing out that California
你是想说加州政府是
is a community property state,
认同联合财产的
and since Howard and Bernadette are married,
既然霍华德和伯纳黛特已经结婚了
the intellectual property contained in that letter
那么那封信所含有的知识产权
is jointly owned by the two spouses?
理应由夫妇俩人共享吗
Yeah, obviously.
对 就是这个意思
Sometimes I don't give you enough credit, Penny.
有时候我真是小看你了 佩妮
Dude, you made the right choice
老兄 你来找我商量开派对的事
coming to me for help with this party.
真是找对人了
Actually, all I did was invite you.
其实 我只是邀请了你而已
Well, put your mind at ease.
好了 你就放宽心吧
I'm here to make sure your dinner party
有我相助 霍华德的晚宴
kicks Howard's dinner party's ass.
一定会被你的晚宴打得落花流水
Now, the first thing we need is a theme.
现在我们首先需要确定一个主题
ah, turn-of-the-century Moulin Rouge.
19到20世纪之交时期的红磨坊
I'm thinking you need a testosterone patch.
我觉得你需要贴睾酮贴片增加雄性激素了
Penny and I just want to do something low-key.
我和佩妮是想以低调为主
You know, cocktails,
就像鸡尾酒
light jazz music, hors d'oeuvres.
轻柔的爵士乐 开胃小吃
"I saw a rerun of Mad Men
"我看了一集《广告狂人》的重播
and bought some crab puffs from Trader Joe's"?
然后从连锁超市买来蟹肉酥"
Hate to miss that.
我可不想错过
Hey, where have you been?
你去哪里了
If I was prone to sarcasm,
如果我要讥讽你的话
I'd say I was pulling off a major heist
我会说我刚在洗衣篮博物馆里
at the museum of laundry baskets.
干了一票大劫案
One, two, three, four, five,
一 二 三 四 五
six, seven, eight, nine, ten.
六 七 八 九 十[愤怒控制]
I meant, "Golly, Sheldon,
我是说 "天啊 谢尔顿
you've been gone a long time."
你刚去了有够久的"
Oh. Yeah, well, I was waylaid by
因为我被佩妮和伯纳黛特
Penny, Bernadette and Amy.
还有艾米拦住问话了
They made me reveal confidential information
她们让我泄露霍华德父亲的
about Howard's father.
机密信息
I can't tell you that.
我不能告诉你们
I am bound by closet
我必须遵守
organizer/ organizee confidentiality.
衣橱主人和整理者之间的保密协议
Well, come on, we won't tell anyone.
拜托啦 我们不会告诉任何人的
Sorry, badgering me won't work.
抱歉 纠缠我也没用
What you should have said is,
你应该这么说
"It's pointless to keep this a secret
"没必要保守这个秘密
because Penny will tell us."
因为佩妮会告诉我们的"
- Fine, then that. - All right, I'll tell you.
-那我问佩妮 -好吧 我告诉你们
My goodness, everyone's on their game today.
天啊 今天每个人都很会找理由嘛
This is really fun.
这真的很好玩
Yeah, it's nice to get dressed up once in a while.
是啊 偶尔穿正装也不错
Yeah, and hors d'oeuvres are delightful.
对啊 开胃小吃令人愉悦
As is the company.
就像我的女伴
My shirt is itchy and I wish I were dead.
我的衣服痒死了 真希望死了算了
Hey, uh, listen, everybody.
大家 听着
Before Howard gets here, let's all just agree
在霍华德来之前 我们统一口径
to not bring up the letter from his father.
不要提起他父亲的信
- Of course. - Sure.
-好 -知道
can we turn off that Latin orgy music?
能不能关掉那拉丁的放荡音乐
Ridiculous that we still have to walk
我们还得走这么多层楼梯
up all these flights of stairs.
真是太荒谬了
Yeah, try doing it in heels.
对啊 尤其是穿着高跟鞋
There's something I have to tell you.
我有话要对你说
I know what was in your dad's letter.
我知道那封信的内容了
Sheldon, I swear to God, I'm gonna kill you!
谢尔顿 我发誓我一定要杀了你
I made him tell us.
是我逼他告诉我们的
- I know. - Me, too.
-我 -我也是
Shame on all of you.
真为你们感到羞耻
Couldn't leave him with one friend, could you?
非得全军覆没 就不能给他留一个朋友吗
what's in that letter except for me?
大家都知道那封信的内容
Yes, it's six against one.
对 现在是六对一
Stand down, sir.
别轻举妄动 先生
How could you do this?
你怎么能这样呢
If you want, we could tell you.
如果你想知道 我们可以告诉你
No, I don't want to know!
不 我不想知道
Used me as a human shield?
用我来当人肉盾牌
He looked taller than usual.
他比平时看起来高大
- Howard? - In here.
-霍华德 -这里
I should have left it alone.
我不应该多事的
Sorry I ran off like that.
抱歉我就这么走了
What are you looking at?
你在看什么
Uh, pictures of my dad and me when I was a kid.
我小时候跟爸爸的合照
- That's nice. - I got to tell you,
-那很好啊 -不得不说
as angry as I am at Sheldon for blabbing,
虽然谢尔顿泄密让我很生气
he did a hell of a job organizing this closet.
但他的确把这个衣橱整理得很好
"Photos of Wolowitz family before father left forever."
"父亲永别前 沃罗威茨一家照片"
Check out nine-year-old Howie with cornrows.
瞧九岁时满头小辫子的华仔
Neither race was happy to see me with those.
无论黑人犹太人 看了都会不爽
- Think you could take a break? - Why?
-你想不想休息一下 -为什么
Got a little surprise for you.
我有个惊喜要给你
I am in no mood to have sex tonight.
我今晚没心情做爱
I'll lay there if you absolutely
如果你一定要做
have to have it, but...
那我就勉强躺在下面好了
What are you guys doing here?
你们来这里干嘛
When you left, you weren't sure whether or not
你走时并没有很明确表明
you wanted to know what was in your dad's letter,
自己是否想知道信上的内容
so we came up with kind of a cool solution.
所以我们想出了一个很酷的解决办法
Oh, yeah, what's that?
是吗 是什么
It occurred to me that knowing and not knowing
我突然意识到 知道和不知道
can be achieved by creating a macroscopic example
可以通过创造量子力学叠加状态的
of quantum superposition.
宏观例子来完成
that a physical system exists partially
物理系统部分存在于
in all its possible states at once.
所有可能状态
We were all thinking it, really.
我们都是这样想的 真的
It was kind of the elephant in the room, so...
这就像房里的大象一样[显而易见]
Anyway, um, I realize
总之 我意识到
if we each present you with an account
如果我们每人对你父亲信件的内容
of what your father wrote to you,
作出一番陈述
only one of which is true,
但只有一个是真的
and then we don't tell you which one it is,
我们不告诉你哪个是真的
in a state of epistemic ambivalence.
处于认知的矛盾状态中
And I said if it wasn't epistemic,
我说如果不是认知的
we might as well not do it.
咱们就干脆别忙活了
It was a card for your 18th birthday.
那是一张庆祝你18岁的生日卡
"Happy birthday, Howard.
"生日快乐 霍华德
I love you. Dad."
我爱你 老爸"
Oh, and it was a Far Side card,
而且还是一张搞笑贺卡
the one where the frog has its tongue
一只青蛙的舌头粘在了
stuck to the underside of an airplane.
飞机的下面
Thinks it's a fly.
它以为飞机是苍蝇
Silly frog. So funny.
白痴青蛙 太搞笑了
It was a map leading to the lost treasure
那是一张藏宝图 可以找到著名海盗
of famous pirate One-Eyed Willy.
独眼韦利传说中的宝藏
That's the plot for Goonies.
这是《七宝奇谋》的情节
-Told you. - Don't.
-早说了 -闭嘴
You didn't know it,
你并不知道
but your father was in the auditorium
但你高中毕业时
at your high school graduation.
你父亲在观众席上
And he cried because he was so proud of you.
他哭了 因为他为你骄傲
Or that's complete poppycock which Amy made up.
也有可能完全是艾米瞎编的废话
It still could be the map.
藏宝图才是真的
It was a letter explaining
那封信是解释
that your dad wasn't who he said he was.
你父亲的真实身份
Eventually, his other life caught up to him,
当时他另一个身份的麻烦找上了他
and the only way to keep you and your mom safe
唯一保护你们母子安全的办法
I would like to change mine.
我想改变我的故事
The pirate's name was Peg-Leg Antoine.
海盗的名字其实叫假腿安托万
Now it's completely different from Goonies.
现在和《七宝奇谋》就完全不同了
-No, it's not. - Don't.
-没什么区别 -闭嘴
Your dad wrote about how family is the most important thing,
你爸写的是 家庭是世界上最重要的
and that you should never throw it away like he did.
希望你不要像他那样不懂珍惜
Inside the envelope was a picture
信封里有张照片
of your dad holding you the day you were born.
拍的是你出生时你爸抱着你
On the back he wrote,
照片背后他写着
"Howard, my son, my greatest gift."
"霍华德 儿子 你是我最好的礼物"
Which one do you think it is...
你觉得哪一个是真的
Actually, I don't want to know.
事实上 我不想知道
want all of them to be true.
希望这些全是真的
Well, one of them is.
有一个是真的
Hey, it's still early.
时间还早
Why don't we go back and have that party?
不如回去继续开派对吧
You know, surprisingly,
出人意料的是
uh, the letter from your father
你父亲的信
wasn't the most interesting thing
并不是我在衣橱里
I read in the closet.
看到的最有意思的东西
Bernadette's diary has some saucy passages.
伯纳黛特日记的内容相当有料啊
Sheldon, don't you dare!
谢尔顿 你敢
Th-There's nothing to worry about.
不用担心
Your secret's safe with me.
我不会泄露你的秘密
That's more like it.
这还差不多
Although copyright law would allow me to quote snippets
不过版权法允许我在回忆时
in the context of a review.
引用其中的片段
Glad you're feeling better.
我很开心你心情好些了
If I'd known we were gonna be dancing,
如果我知道我们要跳舞
would have worn my flats.
就穿平底鞋来了
This turned out pretty well, huh?
派对真不错啊
That is, if you've never been to or heard of a party before.
前提是从未参加或听说过派对
If you'd let me pierce your brain with a hot needle
如果你让我在你脑袋上正确的位置
in the right place, you'd be happy all the time.
用根滚烫的针刺一下 你就会永远开心了
I-I have a couple of questions about your closet.
关于你的衣橱 我有几个问题
Is there any reason
你保留这只死鱼
you're keeping this dead goldfish?
是有原因的吗
Damn, I forgot to feed him.
见鬼 我忘记喂食了
And that I had him.
也忘记我养了鱼
Well, now, did you also have a dog?
你还养了狗吗
Because I found what appears to be
我找到了一个
a battery-operated chew toy.
电池驱动的咬咬玩具[震动棒]
Party's over! Party's over!
派对结束 派对结束