生活大爆炸 第六季 The Big Bang Theory Season 6 第20集: 任期内的动荡 The Tenure Turbulence

上映日期: 2,012

语言: 英语

影片类型: 喜剧

导演: 马克·森卓斯基

演员: 约翰尼·盖尔克奇 / 吉姆·帕森斯 / 凯莉·库柯 / 西蒙·赫尔伯格 / 昆瑙·内亚 / 马伊姆·拜力克 / 梅丽莎·劳奇 / 玛尔戈·哈什曼 / 雷吉娜·金 / 威尔·惠顿 / 凯文·苏斯曼 /


台词
I was reading about this jellyfish that never dies.
有一种永生不死的水母
Instead, it reverts to its asexual state
它会从性成熟回复到幼虫无性阶段
and then grows up again.
然后重新变性成熟
We thought my 90-year-old grandfather
我家以为我们90岁的姥爷
had reverted to an asexual state,
也转回了无性状态
but the lawsuit from his Jamaican caregiver
直到他的牙买加裔看护员告上法庭
proved us all wrong.
证明了我们都错了
My point is, immortality is not only a possibility,
我想说的是 永生不再是空想
it is real.
能成为现实了
Only if you're this jellyfish
除非你是个水母
which periodically reverts to a mass of
然后周期性地回复到一大团
undifferentiated protoplasm.
未分化的原生质
If I could keep my Gmail account,
只要还能保留我的谷歌邮箱号
I'd be okay with that.
我无所谓啊
Hello, fellas.
早安啊 同志们
Remember when we were trying to figure out what that smell
还记得我们之前在寻思塔伯曼教授
coming from Professor Tupperman's office was?
办公室飘出来的是什么味道吗
-Yeah? - Turns out it was Tupperman.
-然后呢 -原来就是塔伯曼的味儿
Dead at his desk for two weeks.
死在办公桌上都两周了
- Oh, my God. - That's terrible.
-天啊 -太惨了
In lieu of flowers, the department chair
系主任要求大家不要送花
is asking that everyone donate a bottle of Febreze.
改送除臭剂过去会更好哦
If we're going to change the topic from jellyfish,
如果要换掉刚才的水母话题
I'd be okay with brine shrimp
我可以接受改聊丰年虾
or the history of the unicycle.
或者独轮脚踏车的历史
Show a little compassion-- a man died.
有点同情心好吗 人家尸骨未寒呢
And turned into a puddle of goo.
其实已经化成了一滩尸泥了
Now, we can either sit around
我们大可以在这
and cry over spilt professor, or...
缅怀烂成尸泥的教授
we can rejoice in the knowledge
也可以一同为一个
that a tenured position has just opened up.
空出来的终身教职庆祝一下
I choose to do the latter.
我会选择后者
Excuse me, the whole tenure system is ridiculous.
拜托 终身教职制度本来就十分荒谬
A guaranteed job for life
一个终身有保障的工作
only encourages the faculty to become complacent.
只会让那些人变得过于自满 怠惰
If we really want science to advance,
如果真想要科学进步
people should have chips implanted in their skulls
人们应该在脑子里植入杀人晶片
that explode when they say something stupid.
只要一说蠢话 就炸烂他们的脑袋
Well, I believe people do their best work
我认为人们只有在自己
when they feel safe and secure.
有保障的情况下才能做到最好
If you need my nose, you'll find it firmly lodged
要找我的话 只需到
up the rectum of the tenure committee.
教职选举委员会的马屁处寻我即可
You Ph.D's gonna go suck up like Kripke?
你们几个博士都要去当马屁精吗
No.
才不会
I mean, I'll apply,
我会去申请啦
but I'm not gonna stoop to playing politics.
但是我才不去耍手段 搞阴谋
Yeah, me neither.
我也不会
It should be about the work.
重点应该是在工作成果上
And if I can't get tenure,
而且如果我选不上
I'd like to see you or Sheldon get it.
我也希望是你或谢尔顿能选上
Raj, don't dangle false hope
拉杰 别在莱纳德面前
in front of Leonard like that.
乱说一些给他希望的话
Excuse me,
抱歉
but I think I'm just as qualified as you are.
我跟你完全一样有资格有希望 好吗
生活大爆炸第六季 第二十集
- So "tenured" means a job for life? - Yup.
-"终身教职"就是终身有保障的工作吗 -没错
And you can't get fired
就算你做的超烂
even if you're bad at it?
他们也不会炒你吗
Mm, not really.
不太可能
Wow, sounds a lot like being a pretty waitress
听起来就跟起司工厂店里的
at the Cheesecake Factory.
正妹女服务员一样
While I disagree with the premise of tenure,
虽然我不太认同终身教职制度
if they gave it to me,
但如果他们给我这职位
it wouldn't diminish my output.
我也会继续对科学界做贡献
You know, I'm like the sun.
我就跟太阳一样
Can't turn this off.
发光发热 停不下来
Are Rajesh and Leonard competing for it as well?
拉杰什与莱纳德也报名参选了吗
Do they know they don't stand a chance
那他们知道自己一点机会都没有
'cause you're so great?
因为你超厉害吗
Well put.
说得好
You know, I must say I go back and forth
不得不说 虽然我总在纠结
on this boyfriend-girlfriend thing,
我们是男女朋友这件事
but those moments when you worship me
但你崇拜我敬仰我的那些时刻
really keep you in the running.
真的替你加分了超多
It would be nice to have the increased income.
终身教职的薪水会更高
Stop taking money from my parents.
这样就可以不用管爸妈要钱了
Money from family does come with strings attached.
花家里的钱总是会被父母管着
You have no idea.
何止啊
They buy me a new BMW for my birthday
他们买了辆新宝马给我当生日礼物
but can I get seat warmers?
但我能买座椅加热器吗
No.
不行
"Rajesh, if you want a warm butt,
"拉杰什 如果你想要屁屁热热
you're gonna have to pay for it yourself."
你就得自己掏钱买"
Well, maybe I will, old man!
逼急了我就真去买 死老头
I think that's enough wine for now.
我觉得酒喝得差不多了
I just keep thinking about how cool it would be
我一直忍不住在脑海里幻想
if I called my mom and told her
打给我妈告诉她
that I got tenure at Caltech.
我在加州理工得到终身教职的画面
She'd be proud, huh?
她会为你骄傲吧
Oh, very.
绝对会非常骄傲
Assuming she takes my call.
假如她接我电话的话
My primary concern with being granted tenure
我最大担心的是 在拿到终身教职后
is living with an insanely jealous roommate after the fact.
还得跟超嫉妒我的室友同住一个屋檐下
I might need to sleep with a gun under my pillow.
我可能睡觉都得放把枪在我枕头下
Or a chainsaw.
或放把电锯
Or you take advantage of your newfound economic stability
也可以利用终身教职的高薪收入
and move out...
搬离这里
buy a house...
买个房子
get married...
结个小婚
start a family.
组织个小家庭
Yeah, or...
或者是
the chainsaw.
放把电锯就行
And I will return to New Delhi in triumph
我会光荣凯旋回归新德里
atop a bejeweled white elephant!
骑着宝石装饰的白象登场
And you know what will be on that elephant's back?
而且你们知道大象的背上会有什么吗
A seat warmer.
座椅加热器
"No, Father, you may not have a ride!"
不好意思 父亲 就不载你
I'm gonna make some coffee.
我去煮点咖啡
So, who do you have to schmooze to get this deal?
你得拍谁的马屁 才能得到这份工作
I'm not gonna schmooze anybody.
我不会拍任何人的马屁
I'm gonna let my work speak for itself.
我的工作成果足以说明一切
That's great.
那很棒
That shows a lot of integrity.
这说明你很正直
Thank you.
谢谢
I'm a naive idiot, right?
我就是一个天真的傻子 对吗
Oh, good, you heard me.
很好 你懂我什么意思
You know, if you really want tenure,
如果你很想获得这份终身教职
maybe you should cozy up to the people making the decision.
或许你该去奉承那些有决定权的人
Sheldon Cooper does not do "cozy."
谢尔顿·库珀才不搞"奉承"
You don't say.
是啊是啊
But I suppose it wouldn't hurt
但了解谁在委员会
to know who's on the committee.
对我也没什么害处
Let's see...
我看看
Oh, Janine Davis.
珍妮·戴维斯
Oh, dear.
天啊
Is that a problem?
有问题吗
Yeah, even you.
你也一样
You're a slave.
你是个奴隶
I'm a what?
我是什么来着
I'm not sure; it could go either way.
我不确定 有两种可能
Hey. Mrs. Davis.
你好 戴维斯夫人
Dr. Hofstadter.
霍夫斯塔德博士
Just thought I'd come down
我只是想下来
and start getting ready for swimsuit season.
为穿泳装而锻炼身材
Good for you.
那很好啊
Not that you need it.
你显然不需要
I bet you look great in a swimsuit.
我猜你穿泳装一定很迷人
Thank you.
谢谢
I've got what my father used to call "furniture disease."
我得了一种病 我爸称其为"家具疾病"
My chest is falling into my drawers.
我的胸部都下垂得要掉进我的抽屉里了
I'm not, uh, familiar with this model.
我不是很熟悉这个机器
How do I make it start?
我要怎么开始
You push start.
按"开始"
Right.
好的
This one might be broken.
这台可能坏了
- You have to move. - Got it.
-你得动起来 -懂了
There.
好了
Oh, yeah!
太棒了
Yeah, now I'm feeling it.
我感觉到我在运动了
Oh, this is great.
这真是来劲儿啊
I could do this for the rest of my life.
我愿意一辈子都做这个
Hey, speaking...
说到
speaking of things you do for the rest of your life...
一辈子都可以做的事情
uh, did I read that you're on that-that tenure committee?
听说你在终身教职选举委员会 是吗
Yep.
是的
I got to get a home gym.
我得弄个家庭健身房了
Well, I'm sure you have a lot of
我知道有很多
good applicants, I just
优秀的申请者 我只是
wanted to say hi and...
想来跟你打声招呼
let you know that I'll be...
告诉你我会
throwing my hat in the...
参加这次...
...ring.
竞选
- All right, I'll keep an eye out for that. - Yeah.
-好的 我会留意你的 -好
Hey, Hofstadter.
霍夫斯塔德
Funny seeing you here for the first time in...
真有意思 这么久我还是第一次在这里
ever.
见到你
Go... away.
走开啦
Janine the Machine, let's do this!
珍妮 我们一起锻炼吧
Hey, Barry.
巴里
Well, look at that.
快瞧瞧
Burned a whole calorie.
我消耗了整整一卡路里
I guess you got here early
你早早来这里锻炼是想消耗掉
to burn off that banana bread I baked you.
那个我给你做的香焦面包的热量吧
Yeah, it was delicious. Thank you.
对啊 真的很好吃 谢谢
No, my pleasure.
不客气 我很乐意
Oh, if you... if you like banana bread...
如果你喜欢香蕉面包
I've got a-a great recipe.
我有个很棒的做法
The trick is in... in fresh ground...
秘诀在...
I'll e-mail it to you.
我发电邮告诉你好了
All right, I'm warm.
好了 我热好身了
Ready to kick it up a notch?
准备好加快速度吗
Let's go.
开始吧
That's enough cardio for me.
我的有氧运动做够了
I'm just... gonna stretch out
在我去练举重前
before I hit the weights.
我先拉拉筋
You okay?
你没事吧
Call someone!
快叫人来
Good day, Mrs. Davis.
早上好 戴维斯夫人
This is Dr. Rajesh Koothrappali
我是拉杰什·库萨帕里博士
from the astrophysics department.
来自天体物理学部门
Don't be alarmed,
别紧张
I'm not really in space.
我不是真的在外太空
Anyhoo...
总之
I'd like to take this opportunity
我想借此机会
to tell you about myself,
向您介绍下我自己
so sit back, relax and enjoy
所以坐好 放松 好好看
the following 90-minute video.
接来下这90分钟的影片
Oh, come on.
不是吧
Born in New Delhi,
我出生于新德里
the third son of an itinerant gynecologist,
是一名妇科医生的第三个儿子
I showed early signs of genius.
我自幼聪颖 有"神童"之称
At the age of five, I discovered a celestial object
在五岁的时候 我发现一个天体
which later turned out to be the moon.
后来发现原来是"月亮"
Mrs. Davis? Mrs. Davis?
戴维斯夫人 戴维斯夫人
Mrs. Davis?
戴维斯夫人
God, they're everywhere.
天啊 他们真是无所不在
Come in.
进来吧
Dr. Cooper, how can I help you?
库珀博士 你有何事
Yes, hello. I'm fine. Um...
你也好 我挺好的
I understand you may have a bad impression of me,
我认为你对我的印象不怎么好
so I bought you a gift.
所以我给你买了个礼物
Uh, Dr. Cooper, that's not necessary.
库珀博士 这就多余了
It's too late.
太晚了
Get ready to like me.
准备好爱上我吧
Roots?
《根》
根据亚历克斯·哈利的小说《根》改编的电视迷你剧
The tragic history of slavery in America.
讲述美国黑奴的悲惨历史
Fun for the whole family.
可供你全家细细品味
Why would you think this is an appropriate gift?
你为何会觉得这种"礼物"会很合适
You are black, right?
你是黑人 不是吗
This meeting has come to an end.
此次会面到此为止
Because you want to start watching it right now.
因为你想马上开始看这部剧
Copy that.
明白明白
Let's see.
我看看
Up next on the tenure committee is...
下一个要拜访的教职委员会委员是
Professor Wu.
吴教授
Well, get ready for the complete works of Jackie Chan.
准备好收我的"成龙全集大礼包"吧
Gentlemen.
先生们
- Where have you been? - Nurse's office.
-你去哪了 -医务室
Asthma attack?
哮喘犯了吗
Asthma, heart-- some kind of attack.
哮喘 心脏病 反正来了一发
I'm fine, though.
我没事
You guys going to Professor Tupperman's memorial?
你们要去塔伯曼教授的追悼会吗
- I don't know. - Probably not.
-不知道 -可能不会去
Barely knew him.
和他不熟
Yeah, you wouldn't want to look like
是啊 你们可不想让其他人发现
you guys are brown-nosing the tenure committee,
你们在拍教职委员会委员们的马屁
who will all be there.
他们可都会在场哦
Oh, yeah, that's what I was hoping for-- meerkats.
我正等着你们这反应呢 "丁满"姿态
也就是狐獴 迪士尼电影角色
I won't be able to make our date night this Thursday, so...
很不幸地告诉你 这周四的约会要泡汤了
bad news for you.
真是不好意思
You better have a good excuse this time,
你这次的理由最好合理点
because "trimming Q-tips to fit your ears right"
因为"要修整棉花棒 让掏耳朵更舒适"
is obvious nonsense.
明显是胡扯
First of all, when you say things like that,
首先 你说这种话出来
people think you're crazy.
大家会以为你是疯子
Second, the reason I'm cancelling is because
第二 我取消这次约会是因为
I have to attend a memorial service for Professor Tupperman.
我要参加塔伯曼教授的追悼会
It sounds like a long and tedious evening.
听起来就很浪费时间又无趣
Eh, it will be.
的确是
Honestly, if I must endure a long and tedious evening,
说实在的 要是我想度过一个漫长无趣的夜晚
I'd rather it be with you on date night.
我宁愿选择和你约会
But I have no choice.
但我别无选择
The tenure committee's going to be there.
教职选举委员会的人会出席
Well, in that case, perhaps I should come along.
这样的话 或许我也该去
Well, now that I think about it,
想想看的话
that would be most helpful.
你倒是可以帮上忙
Of course it would.
当然了
I'm well-versed in academic politics,
我对学术界的人际关系非常精通
and as a respected scientist,
而且作为德高望重的科学家
I can only raise your stock as a candidate.
我可以给你加分 让你成为候选人
Actually, I meant you could drive me.
我的意思是你可以当我的司机
But if it makes you happy, that other stuff, too.
但如果你觉得开心 刚才你说的也包括在内
Do anything interesting today?
今天有趣事发生吗
Oh, not really.
没有
I was out shopping with Amy.
我和艾米去逛了街
She wanted me to help her find something for this memorial thing.
她让我陪她选参加追悼会要穿的衣服
Wait-- Sheldon's going to be there?
等一下 谢尔顿会去吗
We all promised we weren't going to go.
我们发过誓都不去的
- Oh, what a jerk. - I know.
-真是个混球 -就是啊
I was hoping to go without anyone finding out.
我还想自己去 不被他们发现呢
Well, since Amy's going, do you want me there?
反正艾米要去 你想我也去吗
You know, to support you?
给你加油打气
That's nice, but it-it's just gonna be
你真好 但参加追悼会的都会是些
a room full of boring old men
无聊的老男人
and I'm not sure how much help you'd be.
不知道你去能帮上什么忙
Okay.
好吧
I'm just gonna tie my shoe while you think about that.
你先想想 我系个鞋带
Oh, yeah. No. Thanks,
好吧 不 谢谢
that would be great help.
你会帮上大忙的
You realize you might kill some of them.
你知道你会把有些人迷"死"的吧
Oh, then you all can get tenure.
那你们就都能获得终身教职了
Come on, Daddy.
别这样 老爸
All the other scientists have seat warmers.
其他科学家都有座椅加热器
This is so humiliating.
真是丢人
I've got to get tenure.
我必须获得终身教职
Okay, l-let's meet halfway.
好吧 一人让一步
How about I cut my cleaning lady down to twice a week?
那我请清洁工的次数改为两周一次如何
Looks like we're both going to be living like animals.
看来我们的家要变成猪圈了
Let's go over our emotional responses one last time.
我们再练习一下该有的悲伤情绪
Okay.
好的
Professor Tupperman is dead,
塔伯曼教授去世了
- and that makes us...? - Sad.
-这让我们 -好伤心
The fact that there are so many people
虽然今晚来了这么多人
here tonight doesn't make us cranky and claustrophobic.
但我们不能不开心或不舒服
It makes us...?
而是
Glad.
好开心
Giving Mrs. Davis the box set of Roots was...?
给戴维斯女士《根》影集的这种行为
Bad.
好无礼
- However... - No.
-但是 -不行
Fine. Bad.
好吧 好无礼
Unbelievable.
真是难以置信
You have some nerve showing up here
你居然有脸
just to schmooze with the tenure committee.
跑这儿来找教职委员会的人闲聊
- You're here. - Excuse me.
-你不也来了吗 -拜托
I'm here to pay my respects to Professor... Tupperware,
我是来给特百惠教授致哀的
特百惠是知名塑料保鲜盒公司 音似塔伯曼
or whatever his name is.
不管他叫什么吧
So am I.
我也是
His passing makes me feel... bad.
他的离世让我 好伤心呢
Well, well, well, Sheldon,
瞧瞧 谢尔顿
fancy meeting you here.
真没想到会碰到你啊
I guess the train store in Glendale
我猜格兰岱尔市的火车玩具商店
wasn't having a cotillion after all.
根本就没举办沙龙舞会
And you-- you said you weren't coming here, either.
你 你也说过不来的
I have a thick accent. You don't know what I said.
我口音重着呢 你根本听不懂我的话
I'd like to know why Penny's here.
我想知道为什么连佩妮也来了
I'm here to support my man, just like you.
我是来支持我家男人的 和你一样
What are you going to do?
你打算做些什么
Take people's drink orders and get them wrong?
记下人们要喝什么 然后端错的去吗
Do it.
行动
What? Did she do it yet?
什么 她行动了没有啊
She plans on flirting with members of the tenure committee
她计划色诱教职选举委员会成员
to further Leonard's cause.
让莱纳德有更大机会入选
Well, that's a fine how-do-you-do.
真会耍阴招
Don't just stand there. Take your breasts out.
别傻站着 赶紧把咪咪秀出来
Ooh, meerkat fight!
狐獴大混战
You're all wasting your time.
你们都在浪费时间
Sheldon is the most qualified for the job,
谢尔顿最有资格获得这一职位
and no amount of gravity-defying bosom's
再大的反地心引力胸部
going to change that.
也不能改变这一点
Seriously, is that tape?
说真的 你有用胶带吗
Like, how are they staying up like that?
咪咪怎么会这样坚挺呢
Way to hit them with both barrels.
事业线就是让别人没事业
You two should be ashamed of yourselves.
你们两个真是不知羞耻
Using women to advance your cause with sexuality,
利用女人的性感来争取自己事业的上位
and whatever Amy plans on doing.
还有不管艾米准备做什么
Are you implying that my girlfriend
你是在暗示我的女朋友
- has no sexuality to exploit? - Yes!
-没有性感可利用吗 -对
- Okay, because that was not clear. - Sheldon!
-好吧 刚暗示得不够清楚 -谢尔顿
What? That was ambiguous.
怎么了 他刚才说得不够清楚
Well, now it's biguous.
那么现在我说清楚了
What are you gonna do about it?
你能怎么拿我怎么样
You could talk some smack about his mother.
你可以说些拿他老妈开涮的黄段子
Well, yes, of course, he wouldn't like that at all.
好主意 他会很生气的
Last night,
昨晚
I was feeling in need of sexual release
我有释放性需求的感觉时
when I happened to come across your mother.
恰好想到你的母亲
Okay, okay.
好了
Guys, what are we doing here?
各位 我们这是做什么呢
I don't know what you're doing,
我不知道你在做什么
but I was about to insinuate
我是准备暗示
that I had coitus with Raj's mother for a dollar.
我和拉杰的妈发生了关系 让她赚了一块钱
Oh, you do what you want,
你想干嘛随便你
but I don't want to lose my friends over tenure.
我可不想因为终身职位而失去朋友
Friends are forever.
朋友是一辈子的
- So is tenure. - Walk!
-终身职位也是 -快走
I'm just gonna go home
我打算回家
and let my work speak for itself.
让我工作成果说明一切
You're right. This is beneath me.
你说的对 我也不屑于这样做[在我身下]
Like your mother was last night.
和你老妈昨晚一样
How about it, Sheldon?
你怎么说 谢尔顿
What do you think I should do?
你觉得我应该怎么做
Well, you'll always be an academic success,
你的学术成就永远是卓越的
but...
但是
I seriously question
我真心怀疑
whether you'll make any more friends.
你还能不能交上更多其他的朋友
I don't want any more, but let's go.
我不要更多 不过走吧
Are you kidding?
开什么玩笑
I would "wove" to baby-sit for you.
我巴不得为你照看孩子
I could not ask you to do that.
我可不能这样麻烦你
Nonsense. Children "Wove" Me.
说什么呢 孩子们可"耐"我了
Something about me just makes them "waugh" and "waugh."
我有某种妙招能让他们笑哇笑哇
No. We cannot lose to that jerk.
不 我们可不能输给那个混蛋
Yeah, screw it.
我不管了
I'm going in.
我要进去
You... Wait. Hold on.
你给我等等
I believe "screw it, I'm going in" is what
我确定"我不管了 我要进去"
I said to your mother last night.
正是我昨晚对你妈说的话
Don't worry, I didn't really say that.
别担心 我不是真的说了
I-I find the concept
我觉得性行为
of coitus ridiculous and off-putting.
荒唐而且令人不愉快
Should have taken my breasts out while I had the chance.
应该在我还有机会的时候秀下咪咪的
Mrs. Davis?
戴维斯夫人
Mrs. Davis?
戴维斯夫人
Mrs. Davis?
戴维斯夫人
I know you're in there.
我知道你在里面
I saw your car in the parking lot.
我在停车场看到了你的车了
What?
什么事
I just found out that you recommended myself,
我刚得知你推荐我
Dr. Hofstadter and Dr. Koothrappali
霍夫斯塔德博士与库萨帕里博士
to be on the short list for tenure.
进入了终身职位最终候选人名单
Well, despite your quirks,
尽管你们怪里怪气
the three of you are very accomplished
但你们三个在各自工作领域里的成就
in your respective fields.
是毋庸质疑的
I don't know what you mean by "quirks," But, um...
我不知道你说"怪里怪气"是什么意思 但是
...I do want to express my gratitude.
我想表达我的谢意
You didn't bring another gift, did you?
你不会又带礼物来吧
No, no.
没有
No, I learned my lesson.
我已经学到教训了
I understand that was inappropriate.
我知道那是不礼貌的
Good.
很好
Anyway, thank you.
总之 谢谢你
You're welcome.
不客气
I'm gonna pretend that didn't happen.
我就当这事没发生吧
Yeah, right on, sister.
好极了 大妹子