So, anyway, last night on video chat,
昨天晚上我跟露西视频
I spent, like, 20 minutes just staring into Lucy's eyes.
我盯着她的双眸足足有二十分钟
Oh, that sounds romantic.
听起来很浪漫啊
It was until I realized the screen had frozen.
后来发现是画面卡了 就毫无浪漫可言了
Still one of my top three dates of all time.
但这还是我这辈子最棒约会的前三名
So, are we ever gonna hang out with this girl?
她什么时候会来跟大伙聚聚啊
but she's not really comfortable around people.
但她实在不太善于与人交流
Yeah, I used to be uncomfortable around people,
我以前也跟她一样不善与人交流
but then I learned a trick.
后来学到一个小诀窍
I pretend everyone I meet
我把认识的每个人
is a beloved character from Star Trek.
都看作是《星际迷航》里受欢迎的角色
How's that been working for you?
那这招管用吗
Oh, like a charm, unnamed crewman in a red shirt.
当然好用啊 你个无名红衣机组人员
Leonard, I may have gotten you a job.
莱纳德 我可能帮你弄到了份工作
- I have a job. - Yes, he does.
-我有工作了 -他真的有哦
He caters to my every whim.
工作就是服务我的一切要求
No, in a couple of weeks, Stephen Hawking's team
不 再过几周 史蒂芬·霍金要
is sending an expedition to the North Sea
送一对远征实验队伍去北海
to test hydrodynamic simulations of black holes.
做黑洞的流体动力学模拟
One of their experimental physicists dropped out,
队伍中有一名实验物理学家退出了
and I recommended you.
所以我就推荐了你
Well, do you really think I have a shot?
你觉得我真有机会雀屏中选吗
Yeah, I've worked with Hawking. I talked you up.
我跟霍金共事过 说了你不少好话呢
He knows your research.
他知道你的研究
I think this could happen.
我觉得希望非常大
He knows-- Wow!
他居然知道... 哇
Well, now, but do you think that's a good idea?
你觉得这真是个好主意吗
I do. Uh, you know Star Trek.
我觉得行 你也知道《星际迷航》
Should a guy with no name
一个没有角色名字
and a red shirt really go on an expedition?
穿着普通制服的人适合去参加实验吗
Hey, don't discourage him.
别这样打击他
This is a fantastic opportunity.
这是他千载难逢的好机会呢
No one asked you, Uhura.
没人问你 女通讯官乌乎拉
Would you like to hear a classic Sheldon Cooper factoid?
想听听谢尔顿招牌亦假亦真小讲堂吗
- What do you think? - Great.
-你说呢 -很好
I've been doing some reading about vehicular safety.
我最近读了不少交通工具安全
Did you know that the highest number
你知道溺水的最高几率的
of drowning accidents happen on or around boats?
发生地点是在船上或是船附近吗
Interesting that you would bring that up
在我很有可能去船上工作前
when I might go work on a boat.
你提起这事 时机很巧妙啊
Well, that's the thing about factoids--
亦假亦真就是这样的
they're interesting.
听起来就很巧妙
I know what you're doing.
我知道你的小算盘
You don't want me going on this research trip
你不想我去这个实验之旅
because you're afraid to be alone.
因为你害怕自己独处
I'm not afraid to be alone.
我才不害怕自己独处
On the sea, it would be terrifying.
在海上呢 这就可怕了
Because of all the drowning.
太容易溺死了
Fine, no more drowning talk.
行 我不提溺水了
I'll change the subject.
我换个话题
Who do you think would win in a fight--
你觉得这两者打架 谁能赢呢
Look, I appreciate your signature blend
我感谢你这招牌的
of concern for me and incredible selfishness.
"为我着想"与"超级自私"
If I get the chance to do this,
如果我能有机会入选
there is nothing you can say that's going to stop me.
你说什么都没办法阻止我去的
Things between you and Penny have never been better.
你与佩妮的感情现在好到不行
I hope four months apart doesn't change anything.
我只希望四个月的分离不会改变这一切
I should have opened with that, huh?
我应该先提这件事的对吧
If you look carefully at Venus,
如果你仔细看向金星
you should be able to see
你应该能看见
the International Space Station pass by.
国际太空站从它面前经过
Your friend was actually up there?
你朋友真去过那上面吗
Yeah. He brought me back a T-shirt that said,
他还带了一件T恤给我 上面写着
"My Friend Went to the Space Station
"我朋友上了国际太空站
and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt""
而我只有拿到这件傻逼T恤"
- Did he take the T-shirt to space? - Nope.
-他有带那件T恤上太空吗 -没有
It's exactly as lousy as advertised.
但那衣服绝对够傻逼
Speaking of friends,
说到朋友
they have been asking to meet you.
我的朋友们想见见你呢
maybe we could all hang out sometime?
有机会我们大家一起聚一聚吧
How many are there?
你有多少朋友啊
That's pretty cool; I have six friends!
哇 好酷 我有六个朋友呢
Kind of like Sinatra.
有点像西纳特拉
西纳特拉 美国上世纪杰出男歌手有过一档与7名好友歌唱的节目 名为"西纳特拉与好友们'
That's a lot of pressure.
这压力好大啊
Staring at me, asking me personal questions.
盯着我看 问我一堆私人问题
Like, "What do you do?"
比如"你做什么工作的"
"Where are you from?"
"你从哪里来的"
"Why did you lock yourself in the bathroom?"
"你为什么要把自己锁在厕所里呢"
Okay, how about you just dip your toe in
要不你就先见其中一个
and meet one of them?
看看情况如何
Well, that's two. Three if you count me.
那就是两个陌生人 算我自己就三个
Oh, this is getting out of hand.
这事情越来越失控了
So, then, during my afternoon shift,
在我下午上班的时候
I spilled an entire tray of drinks on myself.
我不小心把整托盘的饮料全撒身上了
Not really. My shirt was soaking wet.
也没有啦 靠着湿透的衣服
I got, like, the biggest tip of my life. Oh.
我拿到了我这辈子最多的小费呢
So, listen, do you remember when I said
你还记得我跟你说过有关
the similarities of the equations
广义相对论与流体力学
of general relativity and hydrodynamics suggest
方程中的相似处表示了
you could find the equivalent of Unruh radiation
在有巨量水源的地方很可能能找到
in a large body of water?
盎鲁射线的相似物
I thought I said that to you.
这不是我跟你说的吗
Stephen Hawking's team is looking into that,
史提芬·霍金的队伍在研究这个
and I've been invited to join them.
而他们要请我加入
Wow, Hawking! Good for you!
霍金呢 恭喜你
Just-- you know, I'd be gone for a while.
但是 这样我就得离开一阵子
Three, four months.
三四个月吧
- When would you leave? - Couple weeks.
-什么时候走 -再过几周吧
O-Okay, well, I'll just come visit you.
没事 那我去看你好啦
That's the thing-- you can't.
这就是问题所在 你不能来
I'll be on a ship in the North Sea.
因为我会在北海的一艘船上
Aren't they afraid Hawking will just roll overboard?
不怕坐在轮椅上的霍金 会从甲板上滚下去吗
Uh, he's not gonna be there.
他不会去
He's just sending a team to research his theory.
他只是派人去研究他的理论
Like when you send me to kill spiders in your bathtub.
就像你派我去打死你浴缸的蜘蛛一样
Okay. Four months.
好吧 整整四个月
And I'm a little worried
我有点担心
because things between us have been so great,
因为咱们俩现在感情这么好
and I'd hate to do anything that screws that up.
我不想做任何会破坏感情的事情
Oh, sweetie, if you're gonna screw things up,
亲爱的 一般会破坏感情
it's gonna be while you're here, not while you're away.
都是你在的时候 你不在时万事大吉
No. I mean, look, you have to go.
没关系 你必须得去
It sounds like an amazing opportunity.
听起来这是个很棒的机会
And I'm just basing that on how much
我之所以这么说 是因为
I didn't understand what you said about it.
我一点也不懂你刚说的话
I'll confirm the travel arrangements in the morning.
我明天早上会确认行程安排
- I do have to ask you one favor. - Sure.
-我需要你帮我做件事 -说吧
Sheldon's nervous about me leaving.
谢尔顿对我的离开很不安
Just keep an eye on him while I'm gone.
我不在的时候 记得帮我照顾下他
Remember what happened when I took care of your goldfish?
还记得以前我是怎么照顾你的金鱼的吗
Well, flush Sheldon down the toilet and get me a new one.
那就把谢尔顿冲下马桶 再给我买个新的
Really, you guys do not need to throw me a going-away party.
真的 你们真没必要帮我弄个告别派对
Are you kidding me?
开什么玩笑
How often can you say "bon voyage" to somebody
人生能有几次跟真正去大海航行的人
when they're actually going on a voyage?
说"一路[航行]平安"
Hello, Amy. Nice to see you.
你好 艾米 很高兴见到你
What can I say? It's funnier with the accent.
那又怎么样 带口音比较好玩嘛
There's beer in the fridge.
冰箱里有啤酒
Anyway, you guys really don't need to make a big deal.
总之你们真的不必小题大作
Leonard, you're being selfish.
莱纳德 你太自私了
We need to give you a proper send-off so we'll have closure
我们必须得举行一个告别仪式 等你死在海里
when you die at sea and crabs eat your face.
脸被螃蟹吃掉的时候 我们也有个解脱
Sheldon, sweetie, shut up.
谢尔顿 麻烦把嘴闭上
You know, one of the things
霍华德当年上太空那么久
that helped me get through Howard being in space
支撑我熬过这段时间的其中一件事
for so long was getting married before he left.
就在他走之前跟他结婚
Bernadette, sweetie, shut up.
伯纳黛特 麻烦把嘴闭上
I have a request to make.
我有一件事想麻烦大家
And now he can talk.
现在他居然可以说话了
I want to cut open your brain
我真想切开你的脑子
and see what the heck's going on in there.
看看里面到底是怎么回事
The only person allowed inside this head is Dr. Phil.
唯一能检查[进入]我脑子的人是菲尔博士
菲尔博士是有博士学位的心理医生专门在电视上帮别人解决家庭问题
I spoke to my new lady friend about meeting you all,
我跟我的新女友说要带她来见你们
and she thought it would be easier for her
她觉得先见你们其中一个
to start with just one.
会比较不让她害怕
Oh, gee, I don't know.
我可不知道有没有时间
My schedule's a little busy.
我的日程有点满
Actually, I was thinking Leonard.
其实我是想让她先见莱纳德
Thank you, Raj. I'd be honored.
谢谢 拉杰 我非常荣幸
I thought I was your best friend.
我以为我才是你最好的朋友
You are, but you've got kind of a big personality,
你是啊 但你的个人特色过于鲜明
with your flashy clothes and your Woody Allen swagger.
你看你花哨的衣服和那吊儿郎当范儿
You know, maybe she'd be more comfortable meeting a girl first.
或许先跟女生见面 她会更放松
Good idea. Bernadette?
好主意 伯纳黛特
Well, you're very pretty.
你长得非常漂亮
That could be intimidating to another woman.
这会让其他女性有威胁感
Hey, you don't think I'm pretty enough to scare your girlfriend?
你觉得我不够漂亮 不会吓着你的女朋友吗
- It should be me. - Why?
-应该让我去 -为什么
So you can make jokes about cutting open my brain?
好让你开把我脑子切开的玩笑吗
A, that was not a joke.
首先 那可不是开玩笑
That was a sincere request.
那是个真诚的请求
And B, more importantly,
其次 更重要的是
I was the outsider to this group,
我曾经是这个小团体中的局外人
and I know how frightening that can be.
我知道初次见面的感觉有多可怕
But you guys took me in and made me feel loved,
但你们接纳我 让我感受到你们的爱
like I was family.
就像家人的爱一样
Fine, I'll do it.
好啦 我去就是了
So, after I started dating Sheldon,
在我开始跟谢尔顿约会之后
I met Leonard, and then everybody else,
我认识了莱纳德 还有其他人
and they've all been so wonderful to me.
他们都对我非常好
That's really nice to hear.
听起来真不错
Maybe next week, we could all get together.
或许下周 我们可以一起聚聚
Oh, Lucy, you don't have to answer that.
露西 你可以不用回答
Don't put her on the spot. She hates that.
别把她逼到这个份上 她不喜欢这样
Tell her how much you hate being put on the spot.
告诉她你有多不喜欢被人逼着去交际
Go ahead, tell her.
快啊 告诉她
He's a little nervous 'cause he doesn't think I understand
他有点紧张 因为他觉得我不明白
the severity of your social anxiety.
你社交焦虑症的严重程度
What the...? Are you crazy?
搞毛呀 你疯了吗
You can't talk about social anxiety
你不能跟有社交焦虑症的人
to someone who has social anxiety.
谈论社交焦虑症
It makes them socially anxious!
这会让他们更加焦虑的
Excuse me, but I'm a neurobiologist.
不好意思 但我是个神经生物学家
I think I'm a little more qualified than you
我觉得我比你更懂得
to understand what's not working in your girlfriend's brain!
你女朋友的脑子里的毛病在哪里
Don't call her my girlfriend.
别说她是我的女朋友
We haven't discussed whether or not
我们还没正式说过
we're girlfriend or boyfriend yet.
我们到底是不是男女朋友呢
Now that it's out there...
既然这话题已经提出来了
...are you my girlfriend?
你是我的女朋友吗
By the way, if you say no,
顺便说一下 如果你说"不是"
I'll never be happy again.
那我会伤心郁闷一辈子哦
Not to put you on the spot.
我可不是逼你哦
I think I have to go to the bathroom.
我想去个厕所
We might as well go ahead and eat.
我们可以先开始吃了
She's not coming back anytime soon.
她短时间内不会回来了
We're shopping for a party.
我们为派对购物
This store doesn't even have a party section.
可这商店都没有"派对专区"
Yeah, it does, and here we are.
有的有的 就在这儿
You know, I have to say, Penny,
佩妮 我不得不说
I don't understand why you of all people
我真不明白你怎么会
are encouraging Leonard to do this.
鼓励莱纳德去那个项目
Well, I'm his girlfriend; of course I'm gonna support him.
我是他的女朋友 当然要支持他啦
Yeah, well, you're his girlfriend for now.
你只是他现在的女朋友而已嘛
You know, maybe you're not aware of this,
你可能还不了解形势
but there is a rich tradition
但根据悠久的传统
of men at sea finding comfort in each other's arms and britches.
出海人很能在他人的双臂双腿间找寻安慰
Honey, this is a big deal for Leonard, okay?
亲爱的 这对莱纳德很重要
He gets to work with Stephen Hawking.
他将会与史蒂芬·霍金共事
Who, by the way, will not be on the boat.
另外 霍金不会上船
It's not that big of an opportunity.
这机会也不算千载难逢
And even if Hawking's theories are correct,
就算霍金的理论是正确的
all they prove is where the universe came from,
那他证明也无非是宇宙是从哪来的
why everything exists and what its ultimate end will be.
万物存在的原因及宇宙的尽头
I'm interested in the big questions.
我感兴趣的是更宏观的问题
Oh, my God, Sheldon the genius is jealous of Leonard.
上帝啊 天才谢尔顿竟然嫉妒莱纳德
I'm just very unhappy
我只是不开心
that good things are happening for him
好事情发生在他身上
and not happening for me.
却没我的份
Look, sweetie, this is a natural thing to feel, okay?
亲爱的 有这种感觉很正常
But just because good things are happening to Leonard
但莱纳德身上有好事发生
doesn't take anything away from you.
不代表你会损失什么啊
You know what? Let me tell you a little story.
我给你讲个故事吧
Once there was a girl who worked at the Cheesecake Factory,
从前有个在起司工厂工作的女孩
and she wasn't very good at her job.
她对自己的工作不怎么擅长
- It was you. - It wasn't me.
-是你 -不是我
But she was also an actress,
但她同样也是个演员
and we were both up for the same part
我们都是某支牙膏广告的
in a toothpaste commercial.
候选人
She got it. Look, I was so jealous.
她拿到了 我特别嫉妒
But instead of ripping out her fake blonde hair...
但我没有扯掉她那一头假冒的金发
You ripped out your own fake blonde hair.
你扯掉了自己那一头假冒的金发
looked her in the eye,
看着她的眼睛
smiled and said, "I'm happy for you."
笑着说 "我真为你高兴"
Because that's what friends do.
因为朋友就该这样
- They lie so they don't look petty. - Yeah.
-为了不显得小气而说谎 -对
- How? - Like this.
-要怎么做 -像这样
I am so happy for you.
我太为你开心了
No wonder you didn't get that toothpaste commercial.
怪不得牙膏广告没选上你
I want to apologize for Amy last night.
我想为艾米昨晚的表现道歉
She was completely out of line.
她太过分了
Are you... are you not speaking to me
是你没说话
or did the screen freeze again?
还是画面又卡住了
Amy wasn't the problem.
根本不关艾米的事
I-I pushed too hard. I'm sorry.
我把你逼得太紧了 对不起
You know, I-I've been thinking that...
我在想
maybe meeting somebody one-on-one is too intense,
也许一对一地见他们太让人紧张了
Friday night, my friends are having a party.
我的朋友们周五会举办个派对
- A party? - A little one!
-派对 -小型的
It's-it's a farewell for Leonard,
是为了给莱纳德饯行
so all the attention will be on him.
所以大家只会关注他
If you wear something brown and sit on the couch,
如果你穿棕色的衣服 往沙发上一坐
they won't even know you're there.
他们压根就不会发现你的存在
- Oh, please? - Raj.
-拜托了 -拉杰
Come on. Don't make me beg.
拜托啦 真要让我求你啊
And I'm from India, so I know how to do it.
我来自印度 我可懂怎么求人了
Th-This means a lot to me.
这对我意义重大
My friends are like my family.
我的朋友就像家人一样
Unless you don't like them;
除非你不喜欢他们
in which case, they're dead to me.
那样的话 他们对我毫无意义
So, have you ever spent a long time on a boat before?
你以前在船上长时间待过吗
- Yeah. - Are you referring to the time
-待过 -你说的是那次
we got stuck on the Small World ride at Disneyland?
我们在迪士尼玩小小世界的时候船卡住不动吗
I'm proud of you, Leonard.
你真让我自豪 莱纳德
Working out on the North Sea for months--
在北海工作几个月
- that's really something. - I know.
-这可真了不起 -我知道
As far as science goes,
不管科学研究得如何
this is the adventure of a lifetime.
这可是百年不遇的经历啊
Maybe your lifetime.
对你可能是的
I went to space.
反正我是去过太空了
It's not a competition.
这可没什么可比的
You're right, you're right.
你说得对
I'm really proud of you, and...
我真为你感到骄傲
I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.
你去了以后我会想你的
And space beats water.
另外太空可比大海牛
Rajesh, I thought Lucy was coming.
拉杰什 我以为露西会来呢
She is. She's just running a little late.
她要来的 只不过稍微迟到了点
You know how it is-- girls always fussing about
你知道的 女孩子出门总要花时间
their hair, their makeup.
弄头发啊 化妆啊啥的
Just give it a rest, okay?
别老问了 好吗
Um, can I have your attention, everyone?
大家请注意
That's, uh, B-flat, for those who don't have perfect pitch.
给没有绝对音感的人 这是降B调
I would like to propose a toast
我想给我最好的朋友
to my best friend, Dr. Leonard Hofstadter.
莱纳德·霍夫斯塔德敬一杯酒
He has been presented with a wonderful opportunity,
他现在得到了一个弥足珍贵的机会
and I couldn't be happier for him.
我非常为他高兴
Thank you, Sheldon.
谢谢 谢尔顿
That must've been very hard for you to say.
你能说出这话真不容易
I'm really happy for you.
我真的很为你高兴
And that's how you get a toothpaste commercial. Cheers.
你得这样才能拿下那牙膏广告 干杯
It was really nice of you to try to be happy for Leonard.
你能为莱纳德高兴 真是不错
It must've killed you when I went to space.
我上太空时 你肯定是眼红到不行吧
Uh, go ahead. Read it.
念出来吧
"Raj, I can't come to the party.
"拉杰 我不能来参加派对
This is all just too much for me.
这对我来说 难以承受
I don't think we should see each other anymore.
我觉得我们还是不要再见面了
Raj, I'm so sorry.
拉杰 太遗憾了
It did not kill me when you went to space.
你上太空时 我才没有眼红呢
Monkeys went to space.
猴子都上过太空
I'm really gonna miss you.
我会非常想你的
I'm gonna miss you, too.
我也会想你的
Penny, we're in the red zone.
佩妮 我们在红线区
The white zone is for loading and unloading.
白线区才是上下车区
We're breaking the law.
我们现在犯法了
- Okay, there's no space in the white zone, so... - Anyway,
-白线区没地方了 -总之
we can E-mail, and I-I think the phone connections
我们可以发电邮 那里的手机信号
All right, you have to get out of the car right now.
好了 你赶紧下车吧
I'm not going to jail for you.
我不会为了你去坐牢的
Would you just relax?
你放轻松行吗
Oh, I see a space in the white zone.
白线区空出来一个位置
Quick, circle the airport.
快 绕机场一圈冲上去
Did you bring enough inhalers?
呼吸器带的够吗
And, uh, extra Dramamine?
额外的晕船药呢
You remember what happened on It's a Small World.
你还记得那次小小世界的事故吧
- I'm covered. - Okay.
-带了 -好的
Oh, dear Lord, a police officer's
老天爷 一个警察冲我们
glancing in our direction.
这个方向扫了一眼
Calm down. I'm getting out.
冷静下 我下车了
I have something I want to give you.
我要送你件礼物
It's just a heart-shaped locket with a picture of
只是一个心形的相盒吊坠项链
Leonard's face in it. He got it at the mall on clearance.
里面有莱纳德的照片 他在商场清仓时买的
Now move, move, move!
快下车吧
Don't worry, Officer.
别担心 警官
They just love each other.
他们只是彼此相爱
We're not smuggling drugs.
我们没有贩毒
Hey. I'm just coming back from the airport.
我刚从机场回来
I wanted to see how you're doing.
过来看看你怎么样了
That's-that's very nice of you.
你真好
Uh, come, come. Come on in.
进来吧
I left Sheldon in the car with the window cracked open.
我把谢尔顿留在车上了 虽然车窗有开一条缝
He's gonna go through that activity book
那本儿童活动书他应该只用
in, like, 30 seconds, so...
30秒就能看完
You know, I finally found someone who was right for me,
我终于找到了适合我的人
and I-I drove her away.
我却把她吓跑了
I miss her already.
我已经开始想她了
I know how you feel.
我明白你的感受
I miss Leonard, too.
我也开始想莱纳德了
What's... what is wrong with me?
我到底有什么问题啊
Why-why can't I ever have love?
为什么我就是不能拥有爱情呢
That's just the booze talking.
你是酒喝多了才会这么说
I haven't had a drink since last night.
昨晚后我就没喝酒了
- You're talking to me. - I am.
-你在和我说话 -是的
And now I'm crying for a whole different reason!
现在我为了完全不同的原因痛哭流涕了
So I-I guess what I'm saying is.
我想我要说的就是
I get where Lucy's coming from.
我理解露西的出发点
That's great. Do you want some wine?
很好 要来杯红酒吗
Uh, no, water's fine.
不用 喝水就行了
Anyhow, I-I've been thinking about it a lot,
总之 我想了很多
and-and I totally see why Lucy did what she did.
我完全理解露西为什么这样做
I pushed too hard.
我给的压力太大了
But you know what? If I back off and give her enough space,
如果我稍稍放手 给她足够的空间
maybe there's still a future for us.
也许我们之间还有未来可言
Yeah, the funny thing about life is that,
人生好笑的地方就在于
you know, sometimes...
有时候...
Does he ever shut up?
他还会闭嘴吗
And then, it turns good again,
然后 事情又出现转机
that means it better than if never been bad for a while,
这比一帆风顺的感觉又会好些
and now, things are going...
现在 情况就是
in fact, are very very bad.
非常非常的糟糕
But at least my heart is starting to heal.
但至少我的心开始愈合了
Slowly but surely.
一步步地慢慢愈合
And how I cried.
开始我那叫哭得一个惨啊
It was like a little, uh, thunderstorm on my face.
我的脸上就好像来了场暴风雨
But I'm a man, okay?
但我好歹算个男人
So I need to pull myself together, pick up a pen
我需要收拾心情 拿起笔
and get it all out in my journal.
把一切心情都写在日记上
I mean, it's not all bad, right?
而且并不全是坏事 对吗
Having my heart broken
我心碎的结果
has allowed me to finally speak in front of you...
就是令我终于能在你们面前滔滔不绝
so, you know, it was a silver lining.
瞧 我终于找到了乌云背后的幸福线