What are you drawing over there?
你在画什么呢
A hypothetical containment field
设计能为通往平行宇宙的
for a frisbee-sized wormhole
飞盘大小的虫洞
that could serve as a portal to a parallel universe.
做为防护措施的安全禁锢场
Oh, you silly doodlebug.
你个小笨蛋呆瓜
You know, a lot of scientists believe
许多科学家认为
that making contact with other life-forms
与其他生命体有接触
would probably not end well for us.
可能对人类造成巨大灾难
It's a frisbee-sized wormhole, Leonard.
莱纳德 飞盘大小的虫洞而已
You can block it with a Frisbee. Calm down.
用飞盘就能堵上了 别紧张
Do you expect me to build this?
你是想我帮你造出来吗
I expect you to wipe the pudding off your chin. Gentlemen.
我是想你擦擦嘴角的布丁 大家再见
Have you guys ever noticed that Sheldon
你们有注意到谢尔顿每天
always disappears every day at 2:45?
都会准时在2点45分不知去向吗
He probably just goes to the bathroom.
他可能只是去拉大号吧
Actually, no, he goes to the bathroom at 8:00 A.M.
他拉大号的时间是早上8点
With optional follow-ups at 1:45
没拉干净 则下午1点45再一趟
and 7:10 on high-fiber Fridays.
周五吃高纤维 晚上7点10分还拉
It's sad that you know that.
你居然都能记得了 真悲哀
Oh, that's just the tip of the sadness iceberg.
这只是我悲哀的冰山一角呢
I'm looking at his public calendar.
我在看他公布的行程表
2:45 to 3:05, nothing.
2点45到3点05 没行程
Yesterday, 2:45 to 3:05, nothing.
昨天同一时间 没行程
Last week, nothing.
上周 也没行程
Last month, nothing.
上个月 这时间也没行程
He never has anything booked during that time.
他总是把这段时间给空出来
20 minutes a day, completely unaccounted for.
每天都有着不为人知的20分钟
We should figure out where he goes.
我们应该查查他到底上哪了
Ooh, this is exciting.
好兴奋刺激哦
Like one of my classic
跟我举办的
murder mystery dinner parties.
神秘谋杀游戏晚餐派对一样
Right, the case of who murdered
是啊 那派对谋杀了我
three Saturday nights of my life?
三个美好的周六夜晚
Colonel Koothrapali in the kitchen with the olive spread.
库萨帕里上校在厨房中用橄榄渣杀的人
谋杀推理桌游中 大家要猜出凶手 凶器 以及行凶地点
and you guys suck.
你们俩去死吧
So, how was work today?
今天工作如何
Well, I spent most of the afternoon growing
我整个下午都忙着在生成
isotopically pure crystals for neutrino detection.
同位素纯水晶来探测微中子
That sounds like fun.
听起来很有意思啊
Oh, good, I guessed right.
那就好 我猜对了
Who you talking to?
在跟谁发消息呢
Oh, just this guy I met at school.
就学校的一个同学啦
Oh, great. We're still dating, right?
行 我们还是情侣 对吧
Relax. He's just a friend.
别乱想 只是朋友而已
We're doing an oral report together.
我们要一起做口头报告
I'm sorry, what was that?
抱歉 你刚说什么
I had a little stroke after "oral."
我刚听到"口"字 微中风了一下
Look, he just moved here from London, okay?
人家只是刚从伦敦搬来啦
He doesn't really know anybody.
他还没什么其他朋友
Oh, good, an English accent,
爽了 有英国腔的
- the sexiest accent you can have. - No.
-史上最性感的腔了 -才没有
There's French, there's Italian.
还有法国腔 意大利腔
No, you're right, it's the best.
好啦 你说得对 英国腔最棒
Did you tell him you have a boyfriend?
跟他说你有男朋友了吗
It didn't come up.
没谈到这话题
Well, maybe you should tell him.
你跟他说嘛
What am I supposed to say?
你要我怎么突然开口啊
Say, "can't talk right now.
就说 "现在没空聊
hanging with my boyfriend.
跟我男人在一起
England sucks, you suck, USA number one."
英国去死 你去死 美国第一"
"Hanging with my boyfriend.
"跟我男人在一起
Talk to you later." Happy?
之后聊" 满意了吗
- What did he say? - Nothing.
-他回了什么 -没什么
"Did your boyfriend make you type that?"
"是你男人逼你打出那段话的吗"
Come on, trust me, he's hitting on you.
拜托 相信我 他肯定是在泡你
No, he's not. We're just friends.
他才没泡我 我们只是朋友
Look, is this gonna be a problem?
跟他搭档你会不开心吗
Because he's supposed to come over tomorrow to work.
约好了他明天过来弄报告呢
If it makes you uncomfortable, I'll switch partners,
如果你会心里不舒坦 我可以换搭档
even though the thing's due next week
虽然下周就得上台报告
and everyone already has a partner
而且大家都选好了固定搭档了
and I'll probably end up failing the class.
但为了你 挂科就挂科吧
That'd be great. Thank you.
太好了 谢谢你啊
2:44, right on schedule.
2点44分 分秒不差
Raj and I are heading over to the genetics lab
拉杰跟我要去基因实验室
to pet the glow-in-the-dark bunny.
摸摸夜光小兔子
- Want to come with us? - No, thank you.
-想跟我们一起去吗 -不用了 谢谢
Are you sure? They turn off the lights,
你确定吗 关上实验室灯光
and it's like a cute little laser show
那就是小型激光秀呢
that poops all over the place.
差别只是它们会到处拉屎
I'm quite sure. Good day.
我确定 先走啦
Well, where are you going?
你要去哪啊
- Where are you going? - We just told you.
-你们要去哪呢 -才刚告诉你啊
- I just told you. - No, you didn't.
-我也才刚告诉你们 -你压根没说
Well, it's your word against mine; see you in court.
公说公有理 婆说婆有理 法庭见吧
Should we follow him?
我们该跟踪他吗
I don't know, I'm torn.
不知道啊 我好纠结啊
I want to know where he's going,
既想知道他都上哪去
but now I kind of want to play with the bunny.
可又好想去摸摸小兔兔
Hey, Alex, do you know where your boss just went?
艾利克斯 你知道你老板上哪去了吗
Don't you know his schedule?
你应该知道他的行程吧
All I know is corduroy makes too much noise
他只交代 灯芯裤摩擦声太吵
and I have to go find "quieter pants."
让我去换件"安静点的裤子"
Boy, what I wouldn't give
我愿意付出一切
to get her out of those pants...
只求她能脱下裤子
and into something a little more stylish.
换上一件更潮的裤子
This is where he goes?
他就是来这里啊
I think it's an old storage room.
这是旧储藏间吧
What could he be doing in there every day for 20 minutes?
什么事能让他每天躲在里面弄20分钟啊
Well, he's not doing 20-minute abs,
肯定不是"20分钟练腹肌运动"
because if he were, he would have way better abs.
他要是有做的话 腹肌绝对好很多
- Can you hear anything? - Not yet.
-能听到什么吗 -没呢
Can't you face the other way and listen?
你不能脸朝另一边听吗
I can't do anything right for you, can I?
我做什么你都看不顺眼 是吧
What the hell is he up to?
他到底躲里面干啥呢
He is kind of a weirdo.
他是个怪人
Maybe he's got Leonard Nimoy chained up in there.
说不定把伦纳德·尼莫伊五花大绑在里面
Or Stephen Hawking.
甚至是史提芬·霍金呢
Why would he chain up Stephen Hawking?
史提芬·霍金有什么好五花大绑啊
Howard, please, you can't treat the man differently
霍华德 你不能因为人家是残疾人
just because he's disabled. That's not okay.
就差别待遇啊 歧视是不对的
If you're wondering why
你要是对于
I've been staring through the peephole,
我为何要直盯着窥视孔外有疑惑
I'm trying to get a look at this guy
我是要看看那个
who's coming over to Penny's.
要来佩妮家的男人
To be honest, I didn't know you were here.
老实说 我都没注意到你在那边
It's not a big deal.
不是什么大事啦
He's just in her history class.
他只是她历史课的同学
They're working on a project together.
他们要一起弄报告
I don't even know why I care.
我干嘛这么紧张兮兮啊
You know what, I don't care.
好吧 我不管了
You think you don't care.
自欺欺人而已
I have nothing to worry about.
我没什么好担心的
Statistically speaking,
从数据上来看
I'm sure you have something to worry about.
我肯定你的确有要担心的事
Well, if we assume your looks are average,
假设你的外貌是算中等
50% of men on Earth are more attractive than you.
地球上有一半的男人比你还有魅力
That's 1.5 billion handsome lads standing by,
代表着有15亿帅气男子在等着
waiting to rain on your parade.
浇熄你们的爱火呢
Well, yeah, but this isn't just about looks.
但爱情不是只看外貌啊
I'm way above average in a lot of other things.
我也有很多部分是高于平均值啊
Not height, vision, athleticism,
绝非在身高 视力 运动能力
or ability to digest dairy products.
或消化乳制品这几个领域吧
I'm talking about important things
我是重要的项目赢别人啊
like emotional maturity.
例如感情成熟度
You were just spying on your girlfriend through a peephole.
你刚还从那小孔想探查你女友
I liked it better when you thought I wasn't here.
我还是比较喜欢你以为我不在那会
I'm not saying you don't have attractive qualities.
我也不是说你就没有吸引人的优点
Your choice of friends is impeccable,
你的择友能力无懈可击
you're a good sleeper.
睡觉安稳不吵闹
And last but not least,
再提一点
you buy the grapes I like.
你懂得买我喜欢的那种葡萄
You're a real catch
你也算是乘龙佳婿了
compared to some snoring guy
大胜那些睡觉打鼾
with a fridge full of lousy grapes.
满冰箱垃圾葡萄的人了
None of this matters.
无所谓啦
I trust that Penny cares about me,
我相信佩妮在乎我
and nothing's gonna happen with this guy.
她也不会跟这男的有什么
Well, unless of course he's a skilled hypnotist.
如果他是催眠大师 那可说不准
While unlikely, it's still a statistical possibility.
虽然很难碰上 但也不是不可能啊
She might be performing
她现在可能正
sexual acts with him and not even know it.
无意识的与他发生性行为呢
Now you're just being ridiculous.
你扯过头了吧
The mind's a mysterious thing, Leonard.
人的意识是很神奇的 莱纳德
He could be having the time of his life
那男的可能正一边"爽歪歪"
while she thinks she's a chicken pecking for corn.
而佩妮只以为自己是吃玉米的鸡呢
Look at us, sneaking around in the middle of the night
瞧咱俩 大半夜鬼鬼祟祟的来这里
like a couple of cat burglars.
像是一对飞贼一样
I think we're more like ninjas.
我们比较像忍者吧
I don't want to be a ninja; I want to be a cat burglar.
我不想当忍者 人家想当飞贼
Fine, I'll be a ninja, you be a cat burglar.
行 我当忍者 你当飞贼
No, we both have to be the same thing.
不行 咱俩得一样
Okay, we're ninjas.
好吧 我们都是忍者
But next time, we'll be cat burglars.
但下次我们要一起当飞贼哦
- It's locked. - Are you sure?
-上锁了 -你确定吗
Now, you stand guard, I'm going to...
你去把风 我来...
Just keep an eye out.
去把风就行了
I'll have this open in a minute.
我很快就能弄开了
When did you learn how to pick locks?
你什么时候学的开锁啊
When I was starting to do magic in junior high,
我中学那会开始学的魔术嘛
I thought I could be an escape artist
当时我想当个逃脱魔术师
like Harry Houdini.
像逃脱大师胡迪尼一样
How did that work out?
后来如何了
I managed to escape friends, popularity,
朋友 人缘 以及我家方圆12英里内
and every party thrown in a 12-mile radius.
所办的任何派对 都"逃脱"我而去了
- Hold on, hold on. - What?
-慢着慢着 -干嘛
Sheldon is a very smart man,
谢尔顿是个非常聪明的人
and he obviously wants to keep this a secret.
而且显然他想守住这个秘密
What if it's booby-trapped?
万一有机关陷阱怎么办
Don't worry, I'm one step ahead of him.
别担心 我早就想到了
Great, what's your pl...
那好 你有什么计...
What the hell does that mean?
这到底是什么意思呀
The solution to an equation?
方程式的答案吗
It's a prime number.
它是质数
Encryption systems are built on prime numbers.
加密系统就是基于素数的函数
What kind of secret does Sheldon have to encrypt?
谢尔顿有什么秘密是需要加密的啊
He's always been very cagey about
他的鸡蛋沙拉啊
what he puts in his egg salad to make it so tasty.
他一直对让其美味的秘方三箴其口
Well, okay, one mystery solved.
好吧 解决了一个谜题
- See you at school. - See you.
-学校见 -再见
I'll be right back.
我马上回来
I thought you left a long time ago.
我以为你早走了呢
You moving into the apartment on the fifth floor?
你要搬到五楼的公寓住吗
No, I was just visiting a friend.
不 我是来看朋友的
That cute blonde on four?
那个四楼的金发美女吗
Yeah. You know her?
对 你认识她吗
I, well, I see her around.
我见过她
I like to keep my distance
我习惯跟她保持距离
because her boyfriend is a pretty scary dude.
因为她男人超可怕的呢
- Really? - Yeah.
-真的吗 -是啊
She told me he's a scientist.
她跟我说 他是一名科学家
That's the name of his gang.
那是他帮派的名字
Well, thanks for the tip.
谢谢你的忠告
No problem, brother. Stay frosty.
别客气 兄弟 别轻举妄动哦
We're still dating, right?
我们还是情侣 对吧
Oh, hello, Dr. Hofstadter.
你好呀 霍夫斯塔德博士
Hey, Alex, and call me Leonard.
艾利克斯 叫我莱纳德吧
Dr. Hofstadter is my father.
霍夫斯塔德博士是我爸
Although, I'm pretty sure
虽然我很确定
Dr. Boots Hofstadter's degree was honorary.
靴猫·霍夫斯塔德博士的只是荣誉学位
May I join you, Leonard?
能一起坐吗 莱纳德
- Sure. - Thanks.
-当然 -谢谢
Hey, Alex, let me ask you something.
艾利克斯 我问件事
My girlfriend knows this guy at school.
我女朋友在学校认识个男的
He's got an English accent.
他有英国腔
Ooh, I love English accents.
我爱死英国腔了
Yeah, you all do.
是啊 你们女人都爱
Anyway, I feel like he's hitting on her.
总之我觉得他在追她
She says he's just being nice and that I should trust her.
她说他只是待人友善而已 让我相信她
It's probably harmless.
应该没事的
You know how it is.
你也懂的嘛
I'm sure you get hit on all the time.
我相信您肯定常有人追
Because girls are always like,
因为女孩子都会这样
"Ooh, that guy owns two Star Trek uniforms
"那家伙有两套《星际迷航》的制服
"and gets a lot of ear infections.
而且耳部还经常受感染
I got to get me some of that."
我得把他搞到手啊"
I bet it happens more than you realize.
我敢说肯定常有人暗恋你
Trust me, it doesn't.
相信我 真的没有
You're cute, you're funny.
你可爱又风趣
Maybe you're getting hit on, and you don't even know it.
说不定正有人追你 你却浑然不知
Okay, I got to get back to work.
好了 我得回去干活了
Thanks for listening.
谢谢你听我说
Hope-hope no girls rip my clothes off on the way.
希望不会有妹子在半路冲上来把我扒光啊
Come on, we're smart guys.
快想 我们都是聪明人
- We can figure this out. - Forty-three.
-我们一定能想出来 -43
Besides my mom's neck size.
除了我妈妈脖子的尺寸
It's the atomic number for technetium.
是锝的原子序数
That stuff's radioactive.
那玩意有放射性
Do you think he's building a bomb?
你觉得他是在造炸弹吗
It took him two years to put together
他花了两年时间才拼好
that Lego Death Star; I'm not worried.
乐高的积木死星 我不担心这个问题
Ooh, this could be something.
会不会是这个呢
43 is the number of calories
43是半杯
in half a cup of fat-free yogurt.
无脂肪酸奶的卡路里数
Why would you know that?
你为什么会知道这个
We can't all eat whatever we want and still stay thin.
不是每个人胡吃海喝 都能像你那样不长肉
Wait, in the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy,
等等 在《银河系漫游指南》中
isn't 43 the answer to the question
生命 宇宙和一切问题的答案
of life, the universe, and everything?
不正好是43吗
That's 42, dumb-ass.
那是42 蠢货
- I'm exhausted. - Yeah, me, too.
-我已经精疲力竭了 -我也是
We've got more important things to do.
我们还有更重要的事要做
Who cares what stupid 43 means?
谁在乎这个傻逼43是什么意思
- Not me. - Let's go home.
-我不在乎 -我们回家吧
You want to get something to eat?
想去吃点东西吗
What the balls is 43?!
43到底是个啥玩意
Hey, shouldn't you be out with your gang,
你不是应该和你的帮派混在一起
spray painting equations on the side of buildings?
在大楼的墙上涂鸦方程式吗
Come on, I'm sorry.
别这样 对不起
I just can't believe you don't trust me.
我只是不敢相信你居然不信任我
I do, of course I do.
我当然信任你
Then why did you embarrass me in front of my friend,
那为什么让我在朋友面前丢人
who, by the way, knew exactly who you were?
对了 他完全知道你是谁
- Really? - Your picture's on my refrigerator.
-真的吗 -你的照片就贴在我家冰箱上
You know, I'm really starting to not like this guy.
我真的开始讨厌这家伙了
What is your problem?
你什么毛病啊
Do you use up all your thinking at work
上班时把脑子用没了
and then have none left over for when you get home?
回家后就只剩空脑壳了吗
It's hard sometimes.
有时候真的挺难受的
guys hit on you, even if I'm standing right there.
都有男人想追你 哪怕我就站在旁边
And they're all taller than me.
而且他们都比我高
Why is everyone taller than me?
为什么每个人都比我高
You know what, this is all in my head.
这种事在我脑子里挥之不去
It's my problem, not yours.
这是我的问题 不是你的
Leonard, why do you always do this?
莱纳德 你怎么总是这样
Listen to me, you're the one I'm with.
听我说 我是和你在一起
You know I love you, so will you please relax
你知道我爱你 别胡思乱想
because you're driving me crazy.
我快被你逼疯了
You know that's the first time you ever said that you love me.
这是你第一次说你爱我
We're just supposed to pretend it's not a big deal?
我们要装作没什么大不了的吗
exactly what we're gonna do because...
正是我们要做的 因为
you're about to make me cry,
你害我要哭鼻子了
and we both know if I start crying,
我们都知道 如果我开始哭
you're gonna start crying.
你也会开始哭
- You're right, you should go. - All right.
-没错 你该走了 -好的
"Hey, it's Alex.
"你好 我是艾利克斯
Nice having coffee with you.
很高兴和你一起喝咖啡
If you want to talk more, I'm always available.
如果你想继续聊天 我随时有空
Smiley face, smiley face."
笑脸 笑脸"
What a friendly girl.
这女生真友善啊
Looks like the camera's working.
摄像头运作正常
That's good quality video.
视频的清晰度真高啊
It better be. It's the spare camera for the Mars rover.
那当然 这是"火星漫游者"的备用摄像头
How did you get your hands on that?
你是怎么弄到手的
Million dollar camera--
百万元的摄像头
Oh, my God, here he comes.
我的天 他来了
What the hell is that thing?
那是什么鬼东西
This is Dr. Sheldon Cooper.
我是谢尔顿·库珀博士
Wormhole generator test 44.
虫洞制造器第44次测试
Wormhole generator test?
虫洞制造器测试
The first 43 parallel universes
之前的43个平行宇宙
I've checked proved to be empty.
经我查证空空如也
I see no reason to suspect
我看没原因怀疑
universe number 44 will be any different.
第44号宇宙会有任何的不同
It's eating my face!
它在吃我的脸
It's eating his face!
那个东西在吃他的脸
I found your Webcam and replaced the video feed.
我发现了摄像头 调包了视频讯号
You two should be ashamed of yourselves.
你们俩应该为自己的行为感到羞耻
Sheldon, we're really sorry.
谢尔顿 真的对不起
Yeah, really sorry.
真的对不起
You may not realize it,
你们可能没意识到
but I have difficulty navigating certain aspects of daily life.
但我每天的生活 都有不易驾驭的方面
You know, understanding sarcasm,
得理解讽刺的言语
feigning interest in others,
假装对他人的事感兴趣
not talking about trains as much as I want to.
不能随心所欲地谈论火车
Which is why, for 20 minutes a day,
正因如此 每天有20分钟
I like to go down to that room,
我要去那个房间
and do what I need to do to recharge.
做自己喜欢的事来充电
But what are you doing in there?
但你都在里面干嘛呢
And what does 43 mean?
43到底是什么意思
You don't need to know,
你们不需要知道
you don't deserve to know,
你们不配知道
and you will never know.
你们永远都不会知道
Yeah, well I know how to make your egg salad now.
至少我知道你的鸡蛋沙拉是怎么做的了
One, two, three, four,
一 二 三 四
five, six, seven, eight...
五 六 七 八
I'm never going to get to 43 again.
看来是再也踢不到43下了
One, two, three, four...
一 二 三 四