Previously on The Big Bang Theory
《生活大爆炸》前情提要
Sheldon, did you just figure out a method
谢尔顿 你这是想出了一个办法
for synthesizing a new stable super-heavy element?
可以人工合成一种新型稳定超重元素吗
Well, that can't be right.
这不可能呀
No one's ever done that before.
从来没有人成功过呢
Except me, because I just did it!
除了我 我想出来了
Sheldon and his brain-- yeah!
谢尔顿谢尔顿脑力无边
Sheldon and his brain-- yeah!
谢尔顿谢尔顿脑震八方
I've made a horrible mistake.
我犯了个可怕的错误
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
This table-- it's in square centimeters.
这个表格是平方厘米制的
I read it as square meters.
我看成了平方米
You know what that means?
知道这意味着什么吗
That Americans can't handle the metric system?
美国人看不懂公制吗
Amy, I was off by a factor of 10,000.
艾米 我这是失之毫厘差之千里的错误
But the Chinese team found the element.
但是中国研究小组发现了元素
Yeah, well, they shouldn't have.
他们不应该发现的
My calculations were wrong.
我的计算是错的
the greatest scientific achievement of my life
我这辈子最伟大的科学成就
is based on a blunder.
是建立在一个巨大的错误之上
You know, Sheldon, in neuroscience,
谢尔顿 在神经系统学里
we're forever finding something in one part of the brain
我们总是在大脑某处有所发现
that we thought was someplace else.
但地方和原来想的完全不一样
Oh, great, now I'm worse than a fraud.
这下可好 我连骗子都不如了
I'm practically a biologist.
我沦为生物学家之流了
This is Science Friday. I'm Ira Flatow.
欢迎收听《科学星期五》 我是艾拉·菲莱
My guest today is responsible for the discovery
今日的来宾是第一个
of the first stable super-heavy element.
稳定超重元素的发现者
Welcome, Dr. Sheldon Cooper.
欢迎谢尔顿·库伯博士
Uh, the university made me come here.
是学校硬要我来的
I didn't want to.
我本人并不想来
Uh, big fan of the show.
我是这节目的忠实听众哦
So, I understand that you actually discovered
我听说你之所以发现这元素
this element by mistake.
完全是因为一个错误
And some people in the science community are calling it
而科学界有些人把这个错误称之为
- "The Wonder Blunder." - Who?
-"蠢货奇迹" -那些人是谁
Give me their names.
告诉我他们的名字
I bet it's Wolowitz.
肯定是沃罗威茨
It's just such a fascinating story.
这故事真是太了不起了
Your calculations are way off,
你在计算上偏差了这么多
but they find the element anyway.
却还是有人找到了这元素
It's like misreading a treasure map
感觉就像是读错藏宝地图
and still finding the treasure.
却还是找到了宝藏一样
Can we talk about something else?
我们能聊别的话题吗
Do you know that I yodel?
你知道我会唱山歌吗
That's interesting, but this could be taking you
那不错啊 但这发现有可能
down the path toward a Nobel Prize.
让你获得诺贝尔奖
And in chemistry, no less.
而且是化学奖哦
And wouldn't that be unusual?
这种情况很少见吧
Because you're a physicist.
因为你是物理学家
Yes, yes, I'd be a physicist with a Nobel in chemistry.
对对对 我将是获得诺贝尔化学奖的物理学家
Everyone laugh at the circus freak.
大家快来笑我这个奇葩吧
You know, I don't need to sit here and take this, Flatow.
我不需要坐在这忍受你的羞辱 菲莱
It is because of bullies like you,
就是因为有你这种恶霸
every day more and more Americans
所以每天才会有越来越多的
are making the switch to television.
美国人转投看电视
President Seibert, I don't know why you're yelling.
塞伯特校长 你为什么要凶我
You're the one who made me go on the radio.
是你叫我去上广播节目的
I was expecting a professional science interview,
我以为那会是一场专业的科学访谈
not an attack by some morning zoo shock jock.
而不是被整人节目口无遮拦的主持人攻击
Well, if the university needs money so badly,
如果学校这么缺钱
perhaps you should start a swear jar.
或许你该设立个脏话罚款筒赚钱
That one's worth a dollar.
你这一串脏话够罚一块钱啊
I know you don't like it,
我知道你不喜欢上节目
but every time you do an interview,
但是你每次去接受采访
it raises the profile of the university.
都能提大学提高知名度
That translates to funding.
高知名度就有高资助费
Yeah, well, I'm not just some trained monkey
我又不是受训的卖艺猴子
dancing for coins.
帮他们乞讨钱
Of course you're not.
你当然不是啦
People love trained monkeys.
那种猴子多讨人喜欢
How can you not be happy?
你有什么好不开心的啊
You're tall, thin and famous.
你又高又瘦又出名
Oh, my God, I'm jealous of Sheldon.
天啊 我好嫉妒谢尔顿
Look, you're gonna be doing this stuff for a while.
这些访谈估计还持续一段时间
You're just gonna have to find a way to get used to it.
你得找到习惯这些事的方法
But none of you know what this is like.
但你们没人能懂我的心情
Being celebrated for something you wish you never did.
自己悔恨不已的事却被人大肆赞扬
Mmm... you clearly haven't been with me at Mardi Gras.
想必你没跟我一起去过狂欢节
Want to pause the video game and help me clean up?
要暂停一下游戏来帮忙我打扫吗
Look at the mess the Joker made of Gotham City.
打扫小丑对高谭市造成的破坏
Come on, it's your friend who's coming to stay here.
拜托 要来暂住的可是你的朋友
Raj grew up in India.
拉杰是在印度长大的
Trust me, he's seen worse.
相信我 比这更脏的他都见过
I promise I'll help out the rest of the week.
我保证这周接下来的日子我会帮忙
The rest of the week?
这周接下来的日子
You said it was just gonna be a night or two.
你不是说就一两天吗
Yeah, but if I told you a week,
但如果我直接跟你说住一周
- would you have said yes? - No!
-你会同意吗 -当然不会
Then you left me no choice.
所以我只好出此下策啦
I love Raj, but that's a long time for a house guest.
我喜欢拉杰 但他这暂住也太久了吧
I know, but they're tenting his building.
但他的公寓整个楼都在除虫 没法住
He can't find a hotel he likes that allows dogs.
他也找不到能让带宠物的酒店
He's bringing Cinnamon?
他还带小桂子来啊
The nerve of some people.
有些人真是大惊小怪
Here comes the Embarrassment Express.
迎面而来的是羞愧号快车
With stops at Fraudville...
将会经过 骗子镇站
WonderBlunderberg...
蠢货奇迹山站
Because it's a hub.
只因这是运输交汇处
Sheldon, can I come in?
谢尔顿 我能进来吧
- Do you have cookies? - No.
-你有带饼干吗 -没有
Good. I don't deserve cookies. Come in.
很好 我不配吃饼干 进来吧
- Wil...? - Hey, Sheldon.
-威尔... -谢尔顿
Amy said you were having a rough time,
艾米说你最近不开心
and I thought maybe we could talk.
我就想来开导开导你
right now, I'm having a rough time
现在我就不开心
because there's three people in my room,
因为我房间现在有三个人
and it's starting to feel like a discotheque.
感觉跟迪斯科舞厅一样拥挤
Sheldon, you said you were unhappy getting attention
谢尔顿 你说你不开心是因为
for something you wished you never did.
人们都在关注让你悔恨不已的事
Yeah, I know a little something about that.
关于这事 我也有点经验
Oh, nonsense, Wil.
少来了 威尔
Your endless tweets are not that bad.
你的刷屏微博也没那么糟啦
I remember why it's been a while.
我想起这么久不见他的原因了
Sheldon, I was actually talking
谢尔顿 我要说的是
about when I was a kid on Star Trek.
我小时候在星际迷航里演出的事
How could you not like getting attention
你怎么会不喜欢因为出演该电影
for playing Wesley Crusher?
而获得大家的关注呢
You were wonderful.
你的角色很讨喜啊
A know-it-all boy genius with an eidetic memory.
一个全知全能记忆超强的男孩
Who couldn't relate to that?
谁对那个角色会没有代入感啊
Well, not everybody felt that way.
不是每个人都这么想的
A lot of people really hated the character,
很多人很讨厌那个角色
and some of them hated me because of it.
因此有些人也为此而讨厌我
I would do interviews,
我也曾接受过访谈
and people would be mean to me.
很多人都会嘲讽我
That just happened to me.
我也碰到这种事了
Next time you're stuck for a tweet,
下次你想不出刷什么屏了
feel free to say what a jerk Ira Flatow is.
欢迎你写一条艾拉·菲莱是混蛋的微博
Sheldon, the point is Wil learned to embrace that part of his life
谢尔顿 重点的是威尔能学会接受现实
and moved on to bigger and better things.
然后更重要的东西迈进
Yeah, I'm an author now,
是啊 我现在是个作家
I do public speaking,
经常公开演讲
and I have my own web series about board games.
我自己还出了一部关于桌游的网络剧
We're trying to cheer him up, so...
我们是要哄他开心 所以...
I'm just saying that there was a time when I thought
我只是想告诉你 曾有一段时间
I would never get out of Wesley Crusher's shadow.
我以为自己走不出那角色的阴影
it's just one small part of a pretty great life,
那只是我完美人生中的一小章节
and it's a part that I'm happy is there.
我也很开心有过那些经历
I do see what you're saying.
我明白你的意思
Would you two like to stay and play trains with me?
你们俩个要留下来一起玩火车吗
I work the controls.
我来操作控制器
I say "All aboard",
我来喊"请上车"
you sit quietly and watch.
你们俩安静坐着看就行了
Can I blow the whistle?
我能吹哨子吗
You should probably go.
你还是走吧
You're gonna brush your teeth on my couch?
你要在我家沙发上刷牙吗
No, I'm gonna brush Cinnamon's teeth.
我是要刷小桂子的牙
She spends half the time licking her butt.
她有一半的时间都是在舔屁眼
And the other half licking my face.
另一半的时间是在舔我脸
That's why I'm brushing her teeth.
所以我才要帮她刷牙
Hey, guys. Sorry I'm so late.
抱歉 我回来晚了
Did you already have dinner?
你们吃完饭了吗
No, we were waiting for you.
没 我们在等你
Aw, that's so sweet.
你们真好
Yeah. So what do you feel like making?
所以你今晚打算煮什么呢
Howard, the poor thing just got home from work.
霍华德 这可怜的姑娘刚忙完回家
Let me get you a glass of wine.
我先给你倒杯酒
I'll cook dinner.
然后我来做晚餐
- Oh, Raj, you're our guest. - Don't be silly.
-拉杰 你可是客人 -没关系啦
Sit. You look like you've had a long day.
快坐下 你看上去很累
No, she always looks like that.
没事啦 她经常这样
Because she married an idiot.
因为她嫁了个傻逼
Please, this is my way of thanking you
客气啥 就当是我感谢你们
for letting me stay here.
让我住在这里吧
Now, tell us all about your day.
跟我们说说你今天过得怎么样
Okay, um, well, first, I was late to a meeting
好的 首先我开会迟到了
'cause I was stuck in traffic.
因为在路上堵车了
Well, I keep telling you to put that traffic app on your phone.
我就叫你在手机装一个交通实时监控软件嘛
Hey, when you got home today complaining that you felt sick
你今天回家抱怨 因为吃太多糖豆
from eating too many jelly beans,
而肚子不舒服时
did I tell you how to fix it?
我有教你怎么解决问题吗
I said, "Aw, that must hurt,"
相反 我说"小可怜 一定很疼吧"
and I rubbed your belly.
然后帮你揉肚肚
I thought of you the whole time.
我全程都在想着你
All I'm saying is there's a time to just listen.
我的意思是 有时你只需去倾听
There's also a time to stop eating too many jelly beans.
有时你也得适可而止 别吃那么多糖豆
And it's when you're ten.
"有时"是指十岁以后
Hello, President Siebert.
塞伯特校长
Thank you for taking my call.
谢谢您接听我的电话
I just wanted you to know that you can now expect
我只是想让您知道 您现在可以指望我
enthusiastic participation from me regarding my discovery.
热心参与有关我的发现的一切活动了
Oh, no, no, no, no.
不 不 不
No need to thank me.
无需感谢我
Thank my friend, Wil Wheaton.
要谢就谢我的朋友 威尔·惠顿
For your information, I have nine friends, hmm?
向您报告一下 我有九个朋友
Ten if we include you.
算上您的话 就十个
Ah, it's ten. I'll count Wolowitz.
还是十个吧 算上沃罗威茨好了
Hello, friend Leonard.
你好 朋友莱纳德
Hey, you're in a good mood.
你心情不错嘛
I'm in a great mood.
我心情超棒的
Well, you're about to be in an even better one.
那你的心情即将变得更棒
I didn't want to say anything until I knew for sure,
我是现在确定了才敢告诉你
I've been re-running the tests on your element in my lab
我在我实验室重新测试了你的元素
and I disproved it.
我证明了它不存在
Your element does not exist!
你的元素根本不存在
Yeah, but what about the Chinese research team?
是吗 但中国的研究小组呢
Yeah, it turns out someone added
结果证明是有人在
simulated signals to the data files.
数据文件里加入了模拟信号
They faked the results.
他们伪造了结果
- Really? - Yes!
-真的吗 -真的
Do you know what that means?
你知道这意味着什么吗
That means all of this attention that you hate goes away.
你讨厌的所有关注 通通都会消失
So no more interviews?
所以不会再有访问吗
No, it's all over.
对 全都结束了
I can't believe it.
真是难以置信
Well, you're welcome.
不用客气
You robbed me of my greatest achievement!
你夺走了我这辈子最大的成就
I'm back down to nine friends!
我现在只有九个朋友了
Make it eight-- I'm sick of Wolowitz, too!
算了 八个吧 我也不喜欢沃罗威茨
I-I don't understand.
我不明白了
All you've done since you discovered
自从你发现这个该死的元素后
this stupid element was complain.
你就一直在抱怨个不停
I was trying to make you happy!
我只是想让你开心
By taking away my only claim to fame?
所以要夺走我唯一成名的机会吗
Well, if you wanted to make me happy,
如果你想让我开心
you could have told me a joke.
你可以跟我讲个笑话
Or shown me a cute video
或是给我看一段有爱的视频
of a koala and an otter
比如考拉和水獭
becoming unlikely friends.
破天荒地成为朋友
Oh, there is no winning with you.
你总是最有理那个
And koalas and otters don't even live near each other!
而且考拉和水獭居住地差了十万八千里
That's what makes their friendship unlikely!
所以它们成为朋友才是破天荒之举
What's with all the yelling?
你们俩在吵什么啊
Leonard disproved my element.
莱纳德推翻了我的发现
Now all the attention is going to go away.
现在所有的关注都要消失了
Oh, that's great. You must be thrilled!
这很好啊 你一定很激动吧
That's it! I'm down to seven friends.
很好 我现在只剩七个朋友了
He's counting hobbits and superheroes, right?
他是连霍比特人和超级英雄都算上了吧
When I thought the element was real, I didn't want it.
一开始我以为元素是真实存在的 我不想要它
But now that Leonard made it not exist,
但现在莱纳德证实它并不存在
I want it more than anything in the world.
它反而成了我全世界最想要的东西了
The-the element never existed.
那元素从来就不存在
I didn't take it away, science took it away.
不是我夺走它 而是科学夺走了它
Be mad at science.
要气就气科学吧
Don't you dare use science against me.
你胆敢用科学来反驳我
Science is my best friend!
科学可是我最好的朋友
Oh, good, I'm back up to eight.
太好了 我又有八个朋友了
Will you tell him he's out of his mind.
你能告诉他 他疯了吗
Actually, I get what he's saying.
老实说 我理解他的意思
Welcome back, buddy.
欢迎回来 朋友
It's like if you're dating someone you're not that into,
就像跟一个你不是很喜欢的人约会
and then they break up with you
等那人跟你分手了
and then you want them more than ever.
你就变得很想要那人了
I have no idea what she's talking about.
我完全不知道她在说什么
but we're ganged up on you so I agree.
但我们现在联手对付你 所以我赞成她的话
Okay, Sheldon, what do you want me to do,
谢尔顿 那你要我怎么样
hide the information?
隐瞒我的发现吗
If I don't publish it,
如果我不公布
it's just a matter of time before someone else does.
迟早其他人也会这么做的
No, no, of course you have to publish.
不 你当然得公布
That's your responsibility as a scientist.
那是你作为一个科学家应尽的责任
Doing otherwise would be unethical.
否则会违背职业道德
You have no choice.
你别无选择
Fine, I'll publish.
好吧 我会公布
Can you believe this guy?
你看这没良心的混球
Aw! Raj did the dishes.
拉杰把碗都洗了
How do you know I didn't do them?
你怎么知道不是我洗的
Because once, when all the knives were dirty,
因为有一次 所有刀子都没洗
you cut a bagel with your keys.
你宁愿用钥匙切面包圈 也懒得洗
Good morning, everybody.
早上好 两位
I picked up coffee while I was out.
我出去的时候 顺便买了咖啡
Bernadette, here's your soy peppermint mocha.
伯纳黛特 这是你的大豆薄荷摩卡
Aw, you didn't have to do that.
你真是太客气了
and don't worry about your presentation today.
对了 不要担心今天的演讲
You're gonna be great.
你一定会表现出色
Yeah, you're gonna knock it out of the park.
对啊 你一定能震惊四座
What presentation do I have today?
我今天要做什么演讲来着
What are you doing?
你这是干什么
Are you trying to make me look bad?
你是故意让我难堪吗
I'm just being a good house guest.
我只是想当个好客人
No, you're being a better husband than I am.
不 你是想当一个比我还好的丈夫
Doing the dishes, getting coffee,
洗碗 买咖啡
knowing about her life--
对她的生活了如指掌
Oh, come on, I brought you one, too.
别这样嘛 我也给你买了一杯
I don't want coffee.
我不想喝咖啡
That's why I got you hot chocolate.
所以我给你买了热巧克力
Just stop showing me up.
不许什么都做得比我好
Howard, listen to me.
霍华德 听我说
You're a great husband.
你是一个很棒的丈夫
Yes, your listening skills could use some work.
没错 你倾听的技巧还需要多练练
But it's amazing how far you've come
但作为一个独生子
given that you're an only child
还有一个过度保护的老妈
raised by an over-protective mom.
你算做得很不错啦
Um, is this getting weird?
这情形好像有点奇怪啊
I just wanted to let you know that I-I posted my findings.
我想告诉你一声 我发表了我的发现
And I just posted a retraction of my paper.
我刚发公告 要求撤回我的论文
Now the whole scientific community knows I was wrong.
现在整个科学界都知道我是错的
These things happen all the time, Sheldon.
这样的事情经常发生 谢尔顿
The only other retraction I ever had to issue
我之前唯一一次公告的撤回说明
was when I was seven and I conceded that my brother
还是在我7岁的时候 我承认我哥哥
was the greatest ninja in East Texas.
是东德州最优秀的忍者
But that was just a ploy
但那只是把我的脸
to get my face out of his armpit.
从他的臭腋窝里拯救出来的权宜之计
It's my favorite superhero--
我最爱的超级英雄
Come on, don't give him a hard time.
拜托 别落井下石了
I'm sorry, Cooper.
对不起 库珀
By the way, Hofstadter,
顺便说下 霍夫斯塔德
nice job disproving the Chinese team.
做得真棒 推翻了中国研究组的结果
It's not a big deal.
不算什么
Cooper, maybe physics just isn't your thing.
库珀 也许你不太适合研究物理
Have you ever considered a career in retail?
有没有考虑转去做零售
That way you could take things back for a living.
这样你就能靠撤回东西过生活了
Okay, Barry, that's enough.
好了 巴里 太过了
Oh, no, that's okay.
不 没事
I can fight my own battles.
我可以打赢自己的战斗
Isn't that right, "Bawwy."
对吗 "八尼"
Is that a reference to my speech impediment?
在嘲笑我的语言障碍吗
That's pretty hurtful.
太伤人了
I can't control it.
我自己没法控制
That was uncalled for.
这招太卑鄙了
Of course you do.
你当然要收回了
Because you're the Retractor!
因为你是鼎鼎大名的撤回侠
Raj, this dinner was amazing.
拉杰 晚餐的味道太好了
If you're here much longer,
如果你多住一段时间
I'm gonna have to buy bigger clothes.
我得买大一号的衣服了
You need a little fattening up.
你需要长点肉
You've been looking too skinny lately.
你最近太瘦了
Howie, how come you never say anything sweet like that?
华仔 你怎么从来不会说这些哄人开心的话
What are you talking about?
说什么呢
Remember last week, when I asked you
记得上周 我问你
if you were wearing Spanx and you weren't?
你是否穿了塑身衣 你却没穿吗
How's that different?
这明明就是夸你苗条嘛
Maybe you could try being more thoughtful,
也许你可以学学你的朋友拉杰
like your friend Raj.
更体贴一些
Yeah, well, maybe you could try being more like Raj.
也许你可以学学拉杰
- Oh, really? - Yeah, yeah.
-是吗 -当然
He packed me a lunch this morning.
他今天早上为我打包了午餐
And there was a note inside that said, "Go get 'em"
袋子里有张字条写着 "勇敢上吧"
Like I don't do enough around here.
我为这个家做得还不够多吗
Now I need to pack your lunch?
现在还要为你打包午餐吗
And by the way, why do you need a note telling you
而且 你为什么需要字条来告诉你
to "Go get 'em"? You're a grown man!
"勇敢上吧" 你是个大老爷们
You should know to "Go get 'em"!
你应该知道要"勇敢上吧"
I do know to "Go get 'em"
我的确知道"勇敢上吧"
but sometimes it's nice to have emotional support
只是有时候 我"勇敢"去"上"的同时
when I'm going and getting them!
有精神支持感觉会更好
Hey, hey, do you hear yourselves?
别这样 瞧你们在说些什么话
Let's just, you know, all calm down and take a step back.
咱们冷静下 都各退一步
This is stupid. Why are we fighting?
太傻了 我们为什么要吵架
I guess I was just feeling like I'm a lousy husband.
我想是因为我觉得自己是个差劲的老公
You're not a lousy husband.
你不是差劲的老公
You're a great husband.
你是个非常棒的老公
I was the one feeling like a lousy wife.
我才觉得自己是个差劲的老婆
Are you kidding? You're the best.
开什么玩笑 你最棒了
I know what the problem is.
我知道问题在哪里
You made us feel like we're not trying hard enough.
你让我们觉得 我们经营婚姻不够用心
Yeah, we were totally fine half-assing our marriage
我们之前很满意我们打混摸鱼的婚姻
till you showed up.
直到你这个祸害出现
Look, I'm sorry you're upset with me,
我很抱歉让你们生气了
but I just have to say it's nice to see
但我得说 看到你们统一战线
the two of you on the same page.
真是太好了
Oh, it does feel good to have you
你能支持我一次
backing me up for once.
的确感觉不错
- I back you up all the time! - That is not...
-我总是支持你好吧 -那不是...
- He's doing it again! - What is wrong with you?!
-他又在挖坑 -你这人太坏了
I can't believe they kicked you out.
真不敢相信他们把你赶出来了
I can't believe they're still married.
真不敢相信他们还没离婚
Oh, no, I forgot Cinnamon's toothbrush at Howard's.
不好 我把小桂子的牙刷忘在霍华德家了
I guess you're sharing with Daddy again.
看来你又要和爸比共用一把牙刷啦
Bark once if you need me to call PETA.
要我打电话给反虐待动物协会就吠一声
What's that animal doing in our apartment?
那只动物在咱们家干嘛
Oh, relax, she's in her crate. She can't get out.
放轻松 她在笼子里 出不来的
I have two words for you:
送你几个字送给你
Jurassic Park.
侏罗纪公园[恐龙逃出]
This day just keeps getting worse and worse.
今天真是越来越糟糕
You know, if it makes you feel any better...
如果这话能让你感觉好点...
You're probably right.
你可能是对的
Sheldon, it's a beautiful night.
谢尔顿 今晚夜色不错
Why don't you and I go for a nice walk together?
我们出去散步好吗
Oh, everything is just sex with you isn't it?
你这人怎么整天淫虫上脑啊
Sheldon, I think you might find the support
谢尔顿 你得意识到
you're looking for, if you realize that
想在恋爱中得到多少扶持
relationships are a give and take.
全取决于自己有多少付出
She can only be there for you
你有多支持她
as much as you are for her.
她也会有多支持你
Thank you, Rajesh.
谢谢你 拉杰什
And, Amy, you need to be patient with Sheldon,
艾米 你对待谢尔顿也要有耐心
instead of pressuring him
而不是对他施压
to accept intimacy on your terms.
让他接受你的这一套亲密观
You should probably go.
你还是走人吧
I'm Ira Flatow, and this is Science Friday.
我是艾拉·菲莱 这里是《科学星期五》节目
I'd like to welcome back Dr. Sheldon Cooper,
欢迎谢尔顿·库珀博士再次前来
who thought he had discovered a new super-heavy element
他以为自己发现了一种新的超重元素
only to have it disproved by my next guest,
不料却被另一位嘉宾莱纳德·霍夫斯塔德
Dr. Leonard Hofstadter.
证明是错的
Welcome to Science Friday, gentlemen.
先生们 欢迎来到《科学星期五》做客
- Thanks. - Thank you.
-谢谢 -谢谢你
Ira, if I may, I'd like to apologize
艾拉 容我说一句 我想为
for my behavior last week.
我上周的行为道歉
Now, isn't there something you'd like to say to me?
你有没有什么话想对我说
Now, Dr. Hofstadter.
霍夫斯塔德博士
Can you walk us through the process
你能讲述一遍你推翻
you used to disprove his theory?
他理论的实验过程吗
- Well... - I believe I can answer that.
-好的 -我可以回答这个问题
You're telling it wrong. Ira...
你讲得不好 艾拉
to really understand the story here,
要想好好理解这件事
you have to start at the very beginning:
就得从最开始讲起
A small town in East Texas, where a young genius named...
在东德州的一个小镇 一位年幼的天才叫做
- Sheldon... - That's right, Sheldon Cooper.
-谢尔顿 -没错 谢尔顿·库珀
He was bitten by his neighbor's dog,
他被邻居家的狗咬了
leading to his first scientific breakthrough--
这让他有了第一次科学方面的大突破
the doggie death-ray.
狗狗死亡射线
Which, sadly, he couldn't build
可悲的是 他不能使之成为现实
because Santa wouldn't bring him enriched uranium.
因为圣诞老人没有送他浓缩铀
I mean, I'd really like to hear it from Dr. Hofstadter,
你没意见的话 我真的很想听
if it's okay with you.
霍夫斯塔德博士说说
Did-did you invite me back just so you could ignore me?
你邀请我回来 就是为了无视我吗
Actually, I didn't invite you.
事实上 我根本没有邀请你
You came in, you took a seat,
你走进来 自己坐下
and I'm not comfortable with confrontation.
我不太喜欢这种唇枪舌剑
Sheldon, this interview is supposed to be about me.
谢尔顿 这次采访的重点是我
Well, that seems like a snooze.
听起来多无趣啊
Even for public radio.
在无聊的电台上都显得无聊
You know, if we did a shot every time
如果他们每说一句丢人的话
they said something embarrassing,
我们就干一杯
this would be one hell of a drinking game.
那这游戏绝对能把人喝到酒精中毒
A little early for alcohol, isn't it?
现在喝酒太早了吧
You know, I don't just say smart things about science.
我可不仅只会发表科学方面的高明见解
I'll get the vodka.
我去拿伏特加