This is nice, that we all get to eat together.
真好 大家能一起吃饭
Can we maybe put the phones down
大家能放下手机
and have an actual human conversation?
来点人类的真实交流吗
but thanks to Steve Jobs,
但多谢了史蒂夫·乔布斯
we don't have to.
我们不用那么麻烦
- you're never gonna believe this. - What happened?
-我要说一件你们不会信的事 -什么事
I just got a part on a TV show!
我要在电视剧上露脸啦
- Congratulations! - What? That's great!
-恭喜你 -太好了
- Oh, yeah! - Yay, Penny!
-好耶 -佩妮真棒
or, you know, NCSTD... I don't know,
还是海军罪案性病处之类的
it's-it's the one with the letters and I'm gonna be on it!
反正就是剧名全是字母的剧啦
- That's amazing. - Yeah.
-真是太好了 -对啊
Um, I play a customer in a diner
我演餐厅里的客人
and I flirt with Mark Harmon.
然后跟男主马克·哈蒙调情
So I-it's just flirting?
就调情戏而已吗
I just think it's sexier when things are
我只是觉得有些事
left to the imagination.
在想象时最美
So I-I read a study that says a man with a dog
我看到一篇研究 说养狗的男人
is three times more likely to get a woman's phone number.
要到女生电话的几率比不养狗的高三倍
Is it true even when the man lets his dog
就算那让狗舔舌头上的花生酱
lick peanut butter off his tongue?
这男性几率也成立吗
I don't see why not.
为何会不成立
If you're really desperate to meet women
如果你真的对女人这么饥渴
and like having food eaten out of your mouth,
又喜欢别人从你嘴里吃东西
I could set you up with my mom.
我可以介绍我妈给你
Why is that funny?
这有什么好笑
That's just unhygienic.
这超不卫生
I believe that a joke
我认为一个笑话
is a brief oral narrative
是简短的口头小故事
with a climactic humorous twist.
带有着超幽默的剧情反转
For example, uh, Wolowitz's mother is so fat
举个例子 沃罗威茨的母亲超肥
that she decided to go on a diet...
她决定节食
or exercise, or both.
或锻炼 或双管齐下
The twist is that people don't usually change.
反转就是人们通常死性不改
Hey, guys, don't forget,
各位 别忘了
my episode's on TV tomorrow night.
明晚我参演的电视就播出啦
- We'll be there. - Can we bring anything?
-我们会去看的 -要带什么吃的吗
Oh, that's so sweet of you,
你真是太好了
but I was gonna steal food from here.
但我打算从这里顺点吃的回去
You know... my treat.
你懂 我请客嘛
Wait, if Howard's mother is coming,
慢着 如果霍华德的母亲也去
then you should also steal marbles.
你就应该还顺点弹珠
Because she's obese,
因为她有肥胖症
and hippos are obese,
河马也超肥
and in the popular board game "Hungry Hungry Hippos,"
而在受欢迎的桌游"饥饿河马"中
Maybe I need to dumb these down for you.
也许我该对你们说傻逼点的笑话
Leonard, do you think I'm funny?
莱纳德 你觉得我好笑吗
I think I'm hysterical.
我觉得我超级好笑
The philosopher Henri Bergson says
但哲学家亨利·柏格林说
it's funny when a human being behaves like an object.
当人类表现得和物体一样时 就会很好笑
I bet that bit killed at The Chuckle Hut.
他这段子在相声秀上肯定火啊
Oh, he didn't perform stand-up comedy,
他不表演单口相声
he was a philosopher.
他是个哲学家
You know, I think we're zeroing in on your problem.
我想我们已经找到你不好笑的问题所在了
Perhaps I'll spend some time
也许我应该花点时间
developing a unified theory of comedy,
形成统一的喜剧理论
which will allow me to elicit laughter
可以让我随时激发
from anyone at any time.
任何人的笑声
Unless they're German,
除非取悦对象是德国人
'cause that's a tough crowd.
因为他们的笑点太高了
Are you set on people laughing with you?
你要致力于让别人与你共欢笑吗
'Cause if you're cool with at you...
因为如果你对被嘲笑没意见的话...
Raj, when you said you were gonna bring a date
拉杰 你说你今晚会带个伴
to watch Penny's thing tonight,
去看佩妮的电视剧
I didn't think you meant Stuart.
我没想到你指的是斯图尔特
I never for a second
我从来没想过
thought it'd be anything else.
还有可能是其他人
I almost met someone last night, but I blew it.
我昨晚差点泡到个妞 但结果还是吹了
I was walking Cinnamon
我在遛小桂子
and this girl introduced herself,
那个女生自我介绍
but she was so cute I panicked
她太可爱了 我慌了
and said, "Wouldn't it be easier
我说 比起交谈
if instead of talking we could just sniff each other's butts?"
我们互相闻菊花不是更简单吗
Well, Stuart's cute in his own way.
斯图尔特也有独特的可爱之处
When I was a baby,
我还是宝宝时
my mother called me her little possum.
我妈妈管我叫她的小负鼠
If you're so intimidated
如果你这么害怕
by talking to attractive girls,
和美女交谈
maybe you should practice by talking to regular people.
也许你应该练习和普通人说话
You mean like fatties and uggos?
你是说肥猪和恐龙妹吗
Or maybe just stop talking.
或者干脆都别说话了
Go to the mall, talk to anybody, practice--
去商场 随便找个人说话当练习
that way, when you eventually do talk to a cute girl,
这样的话 等你真有机会跟一个美女说话
it won't be so scary.
就不会觉得那么害怕了
Or just keep dating the possum.
或者继续跟负鼠约会算了
Parsa doesn't have those kind of resources.
帕尔萨没有那方面的资源
No, and that's why he had Erin Pace rewire it...
不 所以他让艾琳·佩斯重发一遍
I'm so proud of you.
我真为你感到骄傲
- We haven't even gotten to my scene yet. - I know,
-我都还没有出场呢 -我知道
but you're going to be a TV star
但你即将成为电视明星
and you haven't left me yet. That takes guts.
而你还没有甩掉我 这需要莫大的勇气啊
I don't know about you,
我不知道你感觉如何
- but I'm very uncomfortable with all this. - Why?
-但这让我感到非常不舒服 -为什么
I've never seen this show before
我之前从来没看过这个剧
and now I'm starting with episode 246?
而现在居然让我从246集看起
Just think of the first 245 as the prequel.
你就把前面245集当是前传嘛
Okay, shh. Guys, guys, this is it.
好啦 各位 我要出场啦
I guess it's you and me, kid.
现在就剩咱俩了 小姑娘
What are you doing?
你有何目的
I'm trying to make peace.
我是来讲和的
- We're good. - Good.
-我们没事啊 -很好
- Really? Because... - Are you kidding me?
-真的吗 -开什么玩笑
Well... the diner scene.
餐厅的场戏没了
Where's my diner scene?
我餐厅那场戏呢
Until I see the prequel, I'm lost.
等我看完前传再说 我现在迷糊了
No, there was supposed to be a big scene with me and Mark Harmon,
不对啊 应该有一场我和马克·哈蒙的对手戏
- but I-it's... gone. - What happened?
-但不见了 -怎么会这样
They must've cut it.
一定是他们剪掉了
I'm... I'm sorry.
真为你感到惋惜
- That stinks. - I'm sure you were great.
-太过分了 -我肯定你演得很棒
This doesn't make any sense.
这不合理啊
I thought I did a... a really good job, I...
我以为自己演得很好 我...
I've been studying how to make people laugh.
我一直在学习如何逗人发笑
They say that comedy
他们说喜剧就是
is tragedy plus time.
悲剧加上时间
Let's tickle some ribs.
我们去逗她开心吧
I don't think they cut me out of the show
我不认为他们剪掉我的戏份
because I was too pretty.
是因为我太漂亮
No, I don't need you to come out
不要 我不用你亲自出马
and kick Mark Harmon's ass.
毒打马克·哈蒙一顿
Daddy, I gotta go.
爸 我得挂了
Ugh, this is such a disaster.
家里都乱成一锅粥了
My parents had all my relatives over.
我父母把我所有亲戚都叫过来
They got one of those six-foot sandwiches,
他们还买了根六英尺长的三明治
and got my brother a day pass out of rehab and...
还把我弟弟从戒毒所接出来一天
...now he's missing
现在他人不见了
and the sandwich is missing, and...
那超大根三明治也不见了
They're probably in Mexico by now.
他们可能已经到了墨西哥了吧
You still got the part.
你还是得到了那个角色
That's a huge accomplishment.
那可是巨大的成就啊
Yeah, but this was supposed to be my break, okay?
对 但这次本来会是我的突破
People were gonna see me in this show
人们会在这剧中看见我
and it was gonna lead to bigger things.
然后会演变成更大的效应
More auditions, more parts...
更多试镜 更多角色
Now none of that's gonna happen.
而现在这些都不可能发生了
Honey, you only had, like, three lines.
亲爱的 你在剧中不过就三句台词而已
That wasn't gonna happen anyway.
所以本来这些就不可能发生
- Unbelievable. - Come on...
-我信了你的邪 -拜托
no, that's not what I meant.
不 我不是那个意思
- Then what did you mean? - I don't...
-那你是什么意思 -我不是...
Look, you know, words don't always have to mean things.
有时候说话不一定非得要有意思
I think you meant that you don't believe in me.
我觉得你是说你不相信我的实力
I might not know what I-I meant,
我可能不知道我刚是什么意思
but I know that I didn't mean that.
但我知道我肯定没有那个意思
Not this guy. Oh, no way.
我绝不会这样 不可能
I want you, right now,
我要你 现在
- to give me your 100% honest opinion. - Right.
-如实告诉我你真实的想法 -好的
Do you think I have what it takes
你到底认为我有没有能力
to really make it as an actress? - Yes.
-成为真正的女演员 -有
So you think I'll be on TV
所以你认为我能上电视
and in movies and win awards.
拍电影 并且获奖吗
- Honestly? - Yes, honestly.
-说实话 -好 实话说
How could you say that?
你怎么能这样说呢
I got all confused when you said "honestly".
当你说"说实话"时 我脑子就不转了
Look, do I think that you are talented
我觉得你有演员天赋
and that you are beautiful?
你外表出众吗
But isn't Los Angeles full of actresses
但洛杉矶满大街都是有天赋
who are just as talented, just as beautiful?
外表出众的女演员啊
All right, look... we'll come back to that.
算了 这个晚点再说
No, please. Don't stop, go on.
不 别停 继续说
Tell me how I'm gonna be a waitress for the rest of my life.
告诉我 老娘这辈子就是服务员的命
That is not what I said.
我可没这么说
Look, I think you're really good.
听着 我认为你很棒
But this is an incredibly hard thing that you're shooting for.
但是你奋斗的目标实在是太困难了
I mean, the odds of anyone becoming a successful actor
我是说 普通人想成为成功演员的机会
are like a million to one.
实在是难于上青天啊
Should've let Sheldon come.
早知道就让谢尔顿来了
This is interesting.
这倒挺有意思的
Apparently, a key component in some forms of humor
有某些耍幽默方式的关键
is the element of surprise.
就是要让人吓一跳
Well, that makes sense.
有道理
The prefrontal cortex is responsible for
前额皮质的主要功能就是
planning and anticipation,
计划和预测
and patients with brain lesions on their...
大脑受到损伤的病患会
Sheldon, you scared me.
谢尔顿 你吓死我了
That wasn't funny.
一点也不好笑
Or maybe you have a stick up your prefrontal cortex.
我看是你的前额皮质被棍捅了吧
Okay, the notion that you can read a few books
得了吧 你自以为读了几本书
and come up with a definitive theory of comedy is absurd.
就能找出绝对的搞笑理论 也太荒谬了
a complex neurological...
神经上错综复杂的
- Okay, that's pretty good. - Excellent.
-这个挺好笑的 -大功告成
The point is to talk to regular people
我们得先从普通人开始练习
- and work our way up to pretty girls. - Fine.
-然后慢慢提到漂亮女孩 -好吧
How about that old lady with the walker?
那位带着助步器的老太太怎么样
On any level, do you think she's hot?
在某种角度上看 你觉得她性感呢
We'll find somebody else.
还是找下一位吧
Now, would you say ointment
那么你觉得软油膏是比金橘
is more, equal to, or less funny than kumquat?
更好笑 一样好笑 还是更不好笑呢
I don't think I want to go out with you anymore.
我再也不想和你一起玩了
Will you please stop joking around?
你别跟我开玩笑了好吗
I'm trying to figure this out.
我可是认真地在比较呢
Sheldon, how many words are you gonna go through?
谢尔顿 你打算还要问多少个词啊
You didn't get your part cut.
你的戏份没有被砍
All right, baby, here's the deal.
好了宝贝 听我说
And you didn't get your part cut.
你的戏份也没有被砍
Yep, bunch of old guys rocking out in a band,
一帮老得不能勃起的老头子
all with erectile dysfunction,
蹦蹦跳跳玩乐团
you didn't get your part cut!
你们的戏份居然也没有被砍
We can, but the part of Penny might get cut.
可以聊 但佩妮的部份可能会被砍掉
That was really crappy of me.
我之前实在太差劲了
What you're trying to do is hard,
演员这一行要出名实在不容易
but people do make it,
但也有人成功过
and I really do believe you could be one of them.
我发自内心地相信你也能是成功的一员
to show you how much I believe in you,
为了表示我对你有信心
I kind of got you an audition.
我帮你争取到了一个试镜机会
Are you serious? For what?
真的吗 什么戏
- The new Star Wars movie. - What?!
-最新的《星球大战》电影 -什么
How did you manage that?!
你怎么办到的
There's this thing online, you put yourself on tape
现在正好有个网上活动 自己录一段影
and just send it in-- anyone can do it.
发送过去 任何人都有机会
Come on Leonard, this is just a PR stunt.
拜托 莱纳德 这不过是宣传的噱头而已
So? Even if it is, you have a huge advantage
那又怎么样 就算是噱头 你还是有优势啊
because you're an actual actress.
你可是货真价实的女演员呢
Most of the people doing this are just weirdoes and nerds.
其他参加试镜的都是些怪咖和宅男
Wolowitz sent his in two days ago.
沃罗威茨前两天就把他的录像发过去了
Really, let it go.
够了 别说这事了
Look, maybe it is a long shot,
听我说 也许这事希望渺茫
but sometimes long shots happen.
但有时皇天不负有心人
Luke Skywalker was only given one chance
卢克·天行者只有一次机会
to destroy the Death Star.
毁灭死星
He had to get a torpedo into an exhaust port
他必须把鱼雷投进一个废气口
that was only two meters wide,
可气口只有2米宽而已
but with the help of The Force, he...
但在原力的帮助下 他终于...
Wow, I can feel you hating me right now.
我感觉到你对我的恨意
How about that lady in the sweat suit, speed-walking?
那边穿着运动装快走的女士怎么样
Yeah, she seems friendly and easy to...
她人看着挺和善 挺容易
Never mind, she's gone.
没戏了 她走得不见人影了
Yeah, maybe talking to people is too hard.
看来和人交流还是太难了
We could go over to that department store,
我们可以去百货商店
practice on the mannequins.
用人体模特进行练习啊
They're dressed very stylishly.
那些模特穿得很有型
They're probably stuck-up.
估计个性也是跩翻天
This is ridiculous.
这一切太荒唐了
The next person that walks by,
下一个走过来的人
no matter who it is, they're the one.
不管是什么人 都是我们的交流对象
We're gonna die here.
我们这辈子注定死在这里了
- Hello. - Hey.
-你们好 -你好啊
He's home trying to use science
他窝在家里努力用科学的方法
to determine the basis of humor.
研究幽默的本质呢
- That's interesting. - It's exhausting.
-那可挺有趣的 -是累死人才对
Do you have any idea how hard it is
你们知道一个"敲敲门笑话"
to laugh at a knock-knock joke that starts with,
以谢尔顿的方式来讲会有多难笑吗
"Knock-knock-knock, Amy,
"敲敲敲 艾米"
knock-knock-knock, Amy, knock-knock-knock, Amy"?
"敲敲敲 艾米 敲敲敲 艾米"
If you want him to stop,
你想让他闭嘴
sometimes the easiest thing to do is just fake a laugh.
有时候假笑几声就是最简单的办法
Do you ever do that with me?
你这招也用来对付过我吗
Well, I'd be able to tell anyway.
反正我能看得出来
I don't think you would.
我不觉得
Please, I've made plenty of girls laugh,
拜托 我曾逗得大把女生笑得花枝乱颤
sometimes just by asking them out.
有时候约她们出去就超级有笑点了
Yeah? Well, I fake my orgasms.
你就假笑吧 我还假高潮呢
Yes, how much for a hundred long-stemmed red roses?
一百朵长茎红玫瑰多少钱
Yeah, I'll call you back.
我等下再打
Look, I know you were just trying to help
我知道你是想用《星战》什么的
with your Star Wars thing.
来鼓励我
I didn't mean to call it idiotic.
我不是有意评价为"白痴"的
Well, I don't think you called it idiotic.
我想你给出的评价不是"白痴"
Sorry, I meant to.
抱歉 我本来想评价为"白痴"
Anyway, um, I was just upset with myself.
总之 我只是跟我自己过不去
I wasn't mad at you.
我并没有生你的气
I just feel like everything is falling apart.
我只是觉得人生支离破碎了
Come on. It's okay.
别这样 没事的
No, it's not okay! Look at me, okay?!
不 有事 看我混的
I took a temp job as a waitress forever ago,
多年以前打了份服务员的临时工
and I'm still doing it.
现在还在做
I can't quit, because guess what?
我不能辞职 猜猜原因
I can't do anything else.
其它工作我都做不了
And I finally get my big break,
我终于等来了事业大转折
and it goes away!
结果机会就这样没了
- No, you're not. - Really?!
-你不失败 -是吗
'Cause this morning at Starbucks,
今天早上在星巴克
a pair of old underwear fell out of my pant leg!
一条脏内裤从我裤管里掉了出来
And it wasn't the only one in there.
只掉了一条 里面还有
Okay, listen to me, this is just a minor setback.
听我说 这只是一点小挫折
No, it's not, okay?!
这不是 明白吗
I've been out here for, like, ten years!
我已经离家十年了
I've nothing to show for it!
我依然一无所有
Leonard Hofstadter...
莱纳德·霍夫斯塔德
will you marry me?
你愿意娶我吗
Did you seriously just say, "Um"?!
你刚才那一声是在犹豫吗
Look, you know I love you,
你知道我爱你
but-but you're-you're drunk and sad and feeling lost...
但你喝醉了 一时伤心迷惘
Okay, so-so you don't want to marry me?!
好吧 你不想娶我吗
That is not what I said.
我不是这样说的
No, forget it! I take it back! Offer's off the table!
算了 我收回求婚 就当我没说过
Who's in the mood to laugh?!
谁想好好乐一乐
Really not a good time.
真的不是什么好时机
But I used science to construct the perfect joke.
但我运用科学构建了最完美的笑话
- I'm gonna go. - Penny, don't.
-我走了 -佩妮 别走
No, no, I just need to be alone.
不 我要一个人安静下
So, a sandwich, a rabbi
三明治 犹太牧师
and yo mama walk into a bar.
和你老妈走进一间酒吧
- Where are you going? - To my room.
-你去哪里 -我的房间
- Should I follow you? - No.
-我应该跟着你吗 -不用
- Leonard, wait. - What?
-莱纳德 等等 -什么事
I forgot to tell you the sandwich is promiscuous.
我忘了告诉你 这三明治很淫乱
How about those guys on that bench over there?
那边长凳上的家伙怎么样
They look pathetic.
一脸悲催样
I bet we could talk to them.
我打赌和他们有共同话题
Hey, fellas, mall's closing.
小伙子 商场要关门了
- Sorry. - Yeah. Good night.
-抱歉 -晚安
Uh, do-do you like being a mall security guard?
你喜欢做商场保安吗
Okay, nice talking to you.
和你聊天很开心
Would you like to talk about it?
想聊聊吗
Penny proposed, and I didn't say yes.
佩妮向我求婚 我没答应
That's a good question.
问得好
Does that mean the relationship is over?
这意味着你们分手了吗
Why don't you ask her?
你为什么不问她
Because I'm afraid to know the answer.
因为我害怕知道答案
You're not gonna make some dumb joke
你不打算来一个蹩脚笑话
or some inappropriate comment?
或是发表令人哭笑不得的评论吗
You're my friend, and...
你是我的朋友
Did you just put a "Kick me" sign on my back?
你刚在我背上贴了一张"踢我"的字条吗
That wouldn't be funny at all.
那样怎么会好笑呢
Star Wars audition, take one...
《星战》试镜 第一拍
starring Howard Joel Wolowitz,
霍华德·乔尔·沃罗威茨饰演
real-life astronaut.
我是货真价实的宇航员哦
now... on this moon.
现在 在这个月亮上
I felt his presence.
我感觉到了他的存在
He can feel when I'm near...
我在附近他就会感觉到
How many times do I have to tell you
要我跟你说多少遍
to replace the toilet paper when it's empty?!
厕纸用完了就得补充新的
- I'm in the middle of something! - So am I!
-我有重要事正忙到一半 -我也是